Speaker 1: It's Brook and Jeffrey in the morning, and this is your latest edition of Brooke refuses to believe it's real. It really is news.
Speaker 2: Our top story.
Speaker 1: A woman in the British Isles recently got swarmed by bees and was stung over sixty times. It's only making headlines because her last name just happens to be Honeycomb.
Speaker 2: That really happened. She's okay fine.
Speaker 1: Also, a Google street view car caught a guy trying to get rid of a dead body, or so people thought it was just a weird, chunky, rolled up tent.
Speaker 3: Brook doesn't buy it, but I promise that's one hundred. Meanwhile, sure, a construction worker suffers leg pain after crane drops eight hundred pound ball on his head. It doesn't have to make sense because it it's news real no one.
Speaker 2: I'm starting to go against Jeffrey.
Speaker 1: Finally, out of Jefferson County, Pennsylvania, officials just agreed to pay two hundred and fifty thousand dollars to advertise a lack of funds for the local government.
Speaker 2: That one checks out checks out.
Speaker 1: Do you want to try to to bunk those real news stories and three.
Speaker 2: Words or less? No, that one really.
Speaker 4: Time.
Speaker 1: That was your refusal to believe it's real, But it really is real news.
Speaker 2: Let's get to your real.
Speaker 1: Shock collar question of the day and send it over to the real digital producer of our show, Real Jake, no matter what, Brooks.
Speaker 2: Yeah, look at that hair, There's no way it's real. Most people use books as either kindling.
Speaker 4: Or heavy objects to throw at people who are annoying you.
Speaker 2: But did you know.
Speaker 4: They're also good for another purpose reading. Yeah, well, today happens to be National Read a Book Day, and one of the most enjoyable types of books going back decades has been comics. Ah So, going to celebrate the outdated pastime of reading with some special graphic novel themed trivia in a special one and done.
Speaker 2: Crash boom thud on.
Speaker 4: A Monopeia, wouldn't wanna be shot collar question? Wow, Alexis, I'm not going to ask you to spell on a monopea. Instead, I'm gonna ask and say Surprisingly, The Incredible Hulk was originally never supposed to be green. The printing company had him said to be a different color, but that ink wouldn't work well with their printing presses, so they made the switch. What color was the Hulk originally supposed to be a red, B, gray or C hot pink.
Speaker 2: Barbie yeah, Barbie era.
Speaker 1: Yeah, the obvious one would be red, because like the Hulls and you turn red.
Speaker 3: I sit next to our stupid office printer that always needs replaced.
Speaker 4: It's always the ma.
Speaker 2: Gentle one that needs fished.
Speaker 4: Oh isn't that like a shade of like hot pitsh you know.
Speaker 1: I want to say hot pink.
Speaker 2: Jake Away, Alexis said hot pink.
Speaker 4: That is.
Speaker 2: Correct. It was grey. Oh, they couldn't get great.
Speaker 4: Yeah, they didn't want to invoke any associations with a particular ethnic group, and because they wanted a color that would be scary and chilling, then they switched a green when it didn't work.
Speaker 2: This is ignorant.
Speaker 1: Who's the gray people?
Speaker 4: I don't know. I confused.
Speaker 2: What I don't want to ask? Dead people? Maybe it's your turn.
Speaker 4: In nineteen seventy six, Spider Man teamed up with a group to help market a warning to children who read his comics. In that particular issue, what did Spider Man warn kids about? Was it A huffing chemicals, B, teen pregnancy or C boomerangs coming back and hitting you in the head.
Speaker 1: I mean, boomerangs were big back.
Speaker 2: In the day. They didn't have video games.
Speaker 1: All they had were Yo yo's, the paddle with the string, anything that like.
Speaker 2: Leaves and then comes back to you. That was the most fun you could have. I mean, I could see Spider Man knocking up some girls.
Speaker 4: I'd watch out.
Speaker 1: That's always been an issue. Teen pregnancy. Yeah, sure, so I'm gonna say that he was trying to stop that from happening.
Speaker 4: Jeffrey said, teen pregnancy. That is Oh yeah, Spider Man battle an alien who misinformed teens about the repercussions of sex to steal their babies once they had the Oh goodness. Maybe that's why Spider Man does an upside down kiss to make sure the bodies don't touch.
Speaker 2: Jeffrey, you're safe. It's your turn, all right.
Speaker 4: The Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles started out in the nineteen eighties. Yes, all four turtles were named after Renaissance artists, but the name of their arch nemesis, Shredder, was inspired by something completely different. Was he named after a the first lieutenant of Genghis Khan, who was nicknamed the village Shredder b a large plumbing device in the eighties that cities used to clear up clogged sewers. That makes sense.
Speaker 2: Or see a cheese grader.
Speaker 4: I literally thought that I'm not even kidding, okay, because his outfit kind of looks like a cheese I mean the sewer.
Speaker 2: The sewer thing makes sense because they live in the sewers.
Speaker 1: Right, he wanted to get them out of the sewers.
Speaker 2: It's a cheese grater. It looks so much like one, Brook said, cheese grader. That is Yes, the creator.
Speaker 4: Grabbed it one night and was messing around with it and thought, hey, that's a name for an evil wrap. Yes, Brooke and Jeffrey both save only Alexis is getting shocked right now, Jose, it's your question. During World War Two, a lot of comic books introduced new heroes that would go on to defeat the Nazis but then never heard from again. Which of these is real? Super Slug When Nazis would sleep, he'd crawl over them with radioactive slime.
Speaker 2: Fifteen years. This is gonna hurt so bad.
Speaker 4: B Red Bee, who fought Nazis using a swarm of trained bees scary.
Speaker 2: Or see Lady.
Speaker 4: Laughter, who disarmed Nazi officers by hypnotizing them to laugh uncontrollably, marry him. We got Super Slug, red Bee or Lady laughter.
Speaker 1: You could kind of see the lady laughter because Germans in the sense of humor thing.
Speaker 2: He actually makes them.
Speaker 1: Laugh for the first time.
Speaker 2: This feels good, kind of delightful laugh right, Stop this silly.
Speaker 3: The red Bee sounds really legit to me because especially like the color red.
Speaker 2: It's like a bold fight.
Speaker 1: It could be anything to do with flag colors for a country or.
Speaker 2: I mean, I think the lady laughter just because of how ridiculous it is. What was the first one? Super Slug gets Super Slug That is Jake. By the way, don't you think, don't you Jake made that out.
Speaker 1: Absolutely, it makes sense why they would discontinue it after the ninete I.
Speaker 2: Want to bring it back. Yeah, could you imagine a Super Slug movie. It's seventeen hours long?
Speaker 1: All right, I think I'm just gonna go with the Red.
Speaker 4: Bee, Jose said, red Bee that is yeah. Red Bee fought Nazis with a swarm of trained bees, and his favorite bee was named Michael, who lived in his belt buckle Michael Jordan.
Speaker 1: Wow, so Alexis is going to be the only person who takes a shock today. She's gonna saying we are young by is it fun?
Speaker 2: Whatever that's it to. Yeah five.
Speaker 4: Said the role. As soon as I saw how stretched off the lyrics were.
Speaker 1: That would kill the Nazis if you ever played you guys, I want the whole song.
Speaker 2: That was a shock call a question of the day.
Speaker 1: Your phone tabs coming up in just a few minutes.
Speaker 2: Brooke and Jeffrey in the morning,