Speaker 1: Guys, I think it is so cool that so many people around the world are listening to our podcast.
Speaker 2: I love it.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I can see where they're from, and there's people from Australia, yes, Highland, Germany, Japan, everywhere.
Speaker 2: Yes, you know what.
Speaker 1: I'm always looking for somewhere to stay abroad for free.
Speaker 4: Okay.
Speaker 1: So if you're listening and you're from there and you.
Speaker 3: Have a nice place, you know, I'm not very picky. Just my own bedroom, a nice bathroom, if you have a pool. Oh, if you're willing to take pictures of me out at the pool, okay, maybe a personal chef.
Speaker 1: Again, I'm not picky.
Speaker 4: We can tell hit me up after.
Speaker 1: You the full show and it's for listening. It's starting right now.
Speaker 5: It's Brook and Jeffrey in the Morning and this is your latest edition of Brooke Refuses to Believe it's real.
Speaker 6: It is news.
Speaker 5: Our top story. A woman in the British Isles recently got swarmed by bees and was stung over sixty times. It's only making headlines because her last name just happens to be Honeycomb.
Speaker 7: No, really happens.
Speaker 2: It's sad.
Speaker 4: She's okay, rights fine.
Speaker 5: Also a Google street view car caught a guy trying to get rid of a dead body, or so people thought it was just a weird, chunky rolled up tenth Brook doesn't buy it, but I promise that's one hundred percent real. Meanwhile, sure a construction worker suffers leg pain after crane drops eight hundred pound ball on his head.
Speaker 6: What what?
Speaker 5: It doesn't have to make sense.
Speaker 8: Because it's it's news real No one I'm starting to go against.
Speaker 5: Finally, out of Jefferson County, Pennsylvania, officials just agreed to pay two hundred and fifty thousand dollars to advertise a lack of funds for the local government.
Speaker 4: Checks out, checks out?
Speaker 5: Do you want to try to debunk those real news stories and three words? Or least?
Speaker 9: No that one out of times that was your refusal to believe it's real, But it really is.
Speaker 5: Let's get to your real shock collar question of the day and send it over to the real digital producer of our show, Real Jake.
Speaker 6: No matter what says, yeah, look at that hair, there's no way it's real.
Speaker 10: Most people use books as either kindling or heavy objects to throw at people who are annoying you, But did you know they're also good for another purpose reading reading. Yeah, well, today happens to be National Read a Book Day, and one of the most enjoyable types of books going back decades has been comics. Ah So, going to celebrate the outdated pastime of reading with some special graphic novel theme trivia in a special one and done crash boom thud on a monopedia. Wouldn't wanna be shot collar question?
Speaker 6: Cool?
Speaker 10: Wow, Alexis. I'm not going to ask you to spell on him on a PA. Instead, I'm gonna ask and say, Surprisingly, the Incredible Hulk was originally never supposed to be green. The printing company had him said to be a different color, but that ink wouldn't work well with their printing presses, so they made the switch. What color was the Hulk originally supposed to be a red, B, gray or C hot pink?
Speaker 5: Yeah, the obvious one would be red, because like the Hulk and you turn red.
Speaker 4: I sit next to.
Speaker 1: Our stupid office printer that always needs replaced. It's always the magenta one that needs fished.
Speaker 4: It is that like a shade of like hot pish?
Speaker 1: You know, I say hot pink?
Speaker 10: Jake, Alexis said, hot pink?
Speaker 2: That is it?
Speaker 10: Was gray.
Speaker 4: Oh, they couldn't get great.
Speaker 10: Yeah, they didn't want to invoke any associations with a particular ethnic group, and because they wanted a color that would be scary and chilling, then they switched agreen.
Speaker 11: When it didn't work.
Speaker 5: It was ignorant. Who's the great people?
Speaker 4: What did you want to ask?
Speaker 10: Maybe, Jeffrey, it's your turn. In nineteen seventy six, Spider Man teamed up with a group to help market a warning to children who read his comics. In that particular issue, what did Spider Man warn kids about? Was it a huffing chemicals, B, teen pregnancy or C Boomerangs coming back and hitting you in the head.
Speaker 5: I mean boomerangs were big back in the day. They didn't have video games. All they had were Yo yo's, the paddle with the string. Anything that like leaves and then comes back to you. That was the most fun you could have.
Speaker 8: I mean, I could see Spider Man knocking up some girls I watch out.
Speaker 5: That's always been an issue. Teen pregnancy. Yeah, sure, so I'm going to say that he was trying to stop that from happening.
Speaker 10: Jeffrey said, teen pregnancy. That is Oh yeah, Spider Man battle an alien who misinformed teens about the repercussions of sex to steal their babies once they had the Oh.
Speaker 8: Maybe that's why Spider Man does an upside down kiss to make sure the bodies don't touch.
Speaker 10: Jeffrey, You're safe. It's your turn, all right. The Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles started out in the nineteen eighties. Yes, all four turtles were named after Renaissance artists, but the name of their arch nemesis, Shredder, was inspired by something completely different. Was he named after a the first lieutenant of Genghis Khan, who was nicknamed the village Shredder b a large plumbing device in the eighties that cities used to clear up clogged sewers. Oh it makes sense or see a cheese grater.
Speaker 6: I literally thought that.
Speaker 8: I'm not even king okay, because his outfit kind of looks like a cheese I mean, the sewer. The sewer thing makes sense because they live in the sewers, right.
Speaker 5: He wanted to get them out of the sores.
Speaker 4: Cheese greater.
Speaker 10: It looks so much like one, Brooke said, cheese grater. That is yes. The creator grabbed it one night and was messing around with it and thought Hey, that's a name for an evil wrap. Yes, Brooke and Jeffrey both save only Alexis is getting shocked right now, Jose, it's your question. During World War Two, a lot of comic books introduced new heroes that would go on to defeat the Nazis but then never heard from again. Which of these is real? A super slug When Nazis would sleep, he'd crawl over them with radioactive.
Speaker 5: Slime fifteen years. This is going to hurt so bad.
Speaker 10: B Red Bee who fought Nazis using a swarm of trained bees. Or c Lady Laughter, who disarmed Nazi officers by hypnotizing them to laugh uncontrollably. We got super slug, Red be or Lady Laughter.
Speaker 5: You could kind of see the lady laughter because Germans in the sense of humor thing you actually make.
Speaker 6: Some laugh for the first time.
Speaker 10: This feels good.
Speaker 6: It is kind of delightful. Let's just laughfu right, Let's stop this silly.
Speaker 9: The red Bee really legit to me because especially like the color red.
Speaker 6: It's like a bold fight.
Speaker 9: It could be anything to do with flag colors for a country, or.
Speaker 4: I mean, I think the lady laughter just because of how ridiculous it is.
Speaker 6: What was the first one?
Speaker 10: Super Slug Super that is Jake.
Speaker 4: By the way, don't you think don't Jake made that out?
Speaker 5: Absolutely, it makes sense why they would discontinue it after the.
Speaker 4: Ninet I want to bring it back. Yeah, could you imagine a Super Slug movie.
Speaker 5: It's seventeen hours long? All right.
Speaker 6: I think I'm just gonna go with the red.
Speaker 10: Bee, Jose said, red Bee that is yeah. The red Bee fought Nazis with a swarm of trained bees, and his favorite bee was named Michael, who lived in his belt buckle.
Speaker 6: Michael Jordan.
Speaker 5: Wow, So Alexis is going to be the only person who takes a shop today. She's gonna saying we are young by is it fun? F you whatever?
Speaker 4: That's it to.
Speaker 6: Yah five?
Speaker 1: As soon as I saw him stretched off, that.
Speaker 5: Would kill the Nazis.
Speaker 4: The whole song.
Speaker 5: That was you shot collar question of the.
Speaker 2: Day Brook and Jeffrey in the morning.
Speaker 5: You guys know, when I go into the shop to get my hair, did I'm thinking half perm full perm.
Speaker 4: That's not natural curls three quartered.
Speaker 7: Perm natural curl.
Speaker 5: Last time I went in there, I told everyone I want the full Jeffrey, Oh that yes, it's an official hairstyle that you can request anywhere you go. And it's also an official lifestyle, is.
Speaker 4: What it consist of.
Speaker 5: I'm living it right now. Coming up, I'm not gonna give you the half Jeffrey, not the three quarter. I'm giving you the full Jeffrey again, all of me, what's in my body and what's in my brain. You're gonna feel it coming up in a brand new What's on Your Mind?
Speaker 4: I think I'd rather have the half Jose full.
Speaker 5: Jeffrey for everyone. I found that being naked in public is only acceptable if there's water nearby. And that's why I just filled this cup up with H two O for a bonky edition of What's on Your Mind. We're gonna start the unbuttoning with Brooks brook What's on your Mind.
Speaker 4: It's gonna be quick and we're an overall.
Speaker 8: Gosh, we have reached the pinnacle of my husband's humor.
Speaker 4: Oh okay, my husband is thanks. He's so funny and clever, clever.
Speaker 8: He got a debit card from the bank, personalized and he put his buddy's picture on it.
Speaker 6: His friend.
Speaker 4: Yes, it's his.
Speaker 12: College buddy's face on my husband's He's a debit card, and his little circle of dudes thinks it's.
Speaker 5: So funny, right, is that legal can put someone else's face on your debit card?
Speaker 13: Actually thought he get denied and he did it because they let you send it any.
Speaker 12: Picture you want to put on that, right, I want to get a book credit card?
Speaker 4: Fine? Funny, Yeah, it's humorous.
Speaker 2: Intel.
Speaker 8: Literally every transaction that we have had, he not only has to use the debit card, but he makes me use it and then videotapes films.
Speaker 12: It so he can send the video to his buddy. And you guys, it is the same reaction every time.
Speaker 8: There is not one cashier, not one server, not one drive up person who.
Speaker 4: Cares, and he is so disappointed. We're at the drive through the other day. He's like, use this again, okay.
Speaker 12: And so he starts filming on his phone and I give the card to the drive through guy.
Speaker 4: He hands it back to me and Michael's like, huh, did you see what was on it?
Speaker 14: And the kid, you know, he's like a nineteen year old, you know kid, He's like, oh what, and then the whole explanation and the guy goes that's cool, and Michael's like yeah, yeah, and then he.
Speaker 4: Sends the video out to all his friends.
Speaker 5: I think it's funny. I think he should open for Kevin Hart with just pass the cards out in the theater.
Speaker 4: I'm going to put you in the group chat. Yeah great, how funny it is.
Speaker 5: I'll laugh cry emoji at that one.
Speaker 6: Yeah.
Speaker 5: Well, what's been on your mind?
Speaker 6: Well?
Speaker 9: Recently I made an appearance on a soccer camp for Jordan Morris, who's a big soccer player, on a free camp for kids, and it was so cool to be a part of it. I went to the camp for a couple hours. I five some kids, met a lot of fans Jeffrey in the morning. So shout out to all the kids that I met after the soccer After the soccer camp, hours later, I'm at home and.
Speaker 6: I get a notification that I match with someone on Tinder.
Speaker 5: So I'm just like, okay, cool.
Speaker 6: So I'm be asking, hey, who are you?
Speaker 9: I'm whatever, And this is like within two minutes of our conversation, and the girl goes, did you do.
Speaker 5: Anything fun today?
Speaker 6: And I'm like, yeah, I went to a kid's soccer camp. She's like why.
Speaker 9: I was like, you know, just take pictures with kids.
Speaker 4: You guys.
Speaker 9: And she goes, wait why and I go, oh, because I love kids. And then she goes, do you have any kids? And I saw them figured it out and I'm like, no, oh me, no, not myself, No, I do love kids, have any kids?
Speaker 15: Yeah?
Speaker 6: And I like everything.
Speaker 4: She's asking like are you a soccer coach?
Speaker 6: I'm like something, I hope to have kids, but just you know what.
Speaker 9: Anyway, at that point I did realize, wait, she hasn't asked who I am, what do I.
Speaker 6: Do for why? So then I'm trying to be like no, no, no, wait the camp they asked me to come.
Speaker 4: Now you're over explaining to show.
Speaker 6: Up, but I knew like they told me to be there.
Speaker 4: So you blocked on Tinder now or is it?
Speaker 6: I'm sure I am.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that actually sounds about writing for Tinder though on far.
Speaker 5: Lexus, what's been on your mind?
Speaker 1: So my little brother visited me. He's thirteen and actually come to a soccer game while he.
Speaker 5: Was in town, and oh was he at the camp with?
Speaker 4: I kept that so this is.
Speaker 3: My cool sister moment. Okay, he's in like a jersey. I bought him well, like pretty good seats. He's pretty excited about that. Yeah, and it's a good game and everything going great. He's so happy, and then you know, at the end, I kind of like rush him out of there because I want to go get ice cream. And I'm like, Oka, let's go to this place. I want to show you.
Speaker 1: So we get up from our seats. We're at the top and we look down at our section and one of the players so it'd.
Speaker 3: Scored all the goals scheme is over at our section now while you guys are not there, so we're not there. Everybody else sitting which I don't know how I missed, and he's giving out his jersey to people in front of us. He's taking selfies with everybody, and everybody.
Speaker 1: In our section gets in a group selfie together with him.
Speaker 3: Except that's the moment I became the worst sister ever.
Speaker 4: And he blamed me for all of it.
Speaker 1: He said it's my fault.
Speaker 4: He didn't get to meet up.
Speaker 1: Because I wanted ice cream.
Speaker 5: Ice cream. By the way, it was close.
Speaker 6: Up the time closed out, so.
Speaker 1: Then I really yeah, he went home basically in tears because of me being the bad.
Speaker 4: I try good, try all right, what's on your mind?
Speaker 5: I really think there's a new type of rudeness in society. And it happened to me the other day.
Speaker 4: Okay, what is it?
Speaker 5: Because I was the officiant for my best friend's wedding down in Mexico, very cool ceremony was on a boat. Yeah, not to toot my own horn, but I kind of killed it.
Speaker 2: You.
Speaker 4: I mean, like, what's funny is you've already told us this multiple times. You're very proud, which is great. Are a hard thing to do.
Speaker 5: Honestly, the whole boat was crying. Crew members who didn't speak English were in tears.
Speaker 4: No, they know what you were saying.
Speaker 5: It was just the heartfeltness. And afterwards got a lot of compliments from the guests there, which was very humbling, very kind of them to say that. But at the same time, more than a few people were like, Jeff, that was incredible. Did chat GPT write.
Speaker 2: That for you?
Speaker 12: Like, you couldn't possibly have done that.
Speaker 5: You would have come up with that. It must have been a robot. It'd be like, look if someone came up to you and were like, oh my god, you have such beautiful children. Who's the biological movie? Yeah, four or five different people asked me that question. I was like, no, that that was me. It was from the hurt like that's my best friend. That's why I know.
Speaker 6: I didn't know you were AI And they just looked at me like.
Speaker 5: You're not that poetic.
Speaker 2: Oh my god.
Speaker 5: It's just like this job. Nobody gives me credit for anything I do on this show. Okay, there's probably people right now listening thinking, oh, sure, I bet this gripe isn't even original. Jeff And you know what, Producer Boy did come up with a little bit of it. That's the thing.
Speaker 7: The rest of it is all me.
Speaker 5: Okay, Yeah, don't be rude, don't have to chat. GBT did stuff for people anymore, even though it may even though it did happen not in the speech.
Speaker 10: Yeah, I swear it was me.
Speaker 5: Text in seven, eight, five, nine two tell us what's been on your it's Brook and Jeffrey.
Speaker 2: In the morning, Brook and Jeffrey in the morning.
Speaker 5: In a lot of texts in seventy five to nine to two from people who are telling us what's been on their minds because we just shared what's on ours. This one says, just want to tell the ladies. I genuinely look forward to the today verse. Back in the Day segment on your podcast.
Speaker 8: Yeah, we do a podcast exclusive. If you guys want to subscribe, it goes up. The exclusive one goes up every Saturday.
Speaker 5: Jose's on that segment too, kind of.
Speaker 13: Yes, he's an accessory, but he's a cute accessory.
Speaker 4: Yeah, you're welcome.
Speaker 5: Yeah. The text says I applied for a promotion yesterday and I hope they offer it to me so I can turn them down and quit and step.
Speaker 4: That would be so that is diabolical.
Speaker 6: You know.
Speaker 5: This one says you guys are hilarious and make my morning every day, and that even includes you. Brook.
Speaker 4: Oh, I don't know. Thank you. Subscribe to the podcast anywhere you get your podcasts.
Speaker 5: Yeah, Brook and Jeffrey keep for text coming in seven eight, five nine.
Speaker 2: Two Brook and Jeffrey in the morning.
Speaker 5: I had a pretty embarrassing moment happened to me today before the show at around five am. This is true. I accidentally sent my GPS location to the show's group tech story.
Speaker 6: Yeah really did.
Speaker 5: I don't even know how I did that.
Speaker 4: You're an old man at heart.
Speaker 5: But Jose thought that I might be in danger I did so he actually drove out to the location just in case I maybe needed some help.
Speaker 6: Yeah right, Yeah, well I wish he.
Speaker 5: Didn't, because imagine my surprise when he showed up at the dumpster behind the abandoned J. C. Penny and saw me. I don't want to talk about what I was doing or who I was doing it with, but my aquaman costume was definitely ruined, so I was caught. You're not read handed, but read something else.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 4: Yeah, that's a bit uncomfortable.
Speaker 5: It's still, though, not as embarrassing as the stories you're about to hear from our listeners when they caught their exes in compromising positions. Wow, maybe we'll hear about some aquaman costumes that got ruined in a Boran new edition of Busted coming up at seven.
Speaker 2: Texts sneaky husbands, two timing, live live.
Speaker 7: Bad boyfriends, and even worse girlfriends.
Speaker 5: They thought they could get away with that.
Speaker 6: But now they're about.
Speaker 5: To get busted. If you get abducted by aliens and you give them consent to probe you when you get back, do you have to tell your girlfriend what happened?
Speaker 2: Wow? Yes?
Speaker 5: Do you keep it on the DL and let her slowly get suspicious till she goes through your phone and finds the two am text from your Martian pals asking if you're down to Disney Plus and probe.
Speaker 8: Even other galaxies do the two am drunk text.
Speaker 5: That's the rolls, and that's how you end up on this segment Busted. We've got a few listeners ready to share how they caught their exes being unfaithful. We're gonna start with Heather, tell us how you busted your significant other.
Speaker 16: Okay, so I go home to my apartment and elevator was broken and I live on the tenth floor.
Speaker 4: Oh no, that's a long haul.
Speaker 16: It really was. So I took the stairs, but if the sixth floor was pretty tired, and I had a few more flights obviously, so you know, I was like, I'm going to try the elevator again. The alarm go off inside.
Speaker 5: There was an alarm going off inside of the elevator or inside the.
Speaker 16: Stairwell inside like the elevator like you know, people can pull stop elevators.
Speaker 4: Oh okay, like the emergency stop.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 8: That My kids always want to push like they put it at the lowest of all the buttons.
Speaker 4: It's so when you have small children to.
Speaker 5: Be able to reach it in case there's an emergency.
Speaker 4: Push it every time we get in. Jeffrey's really embarrassing.
Speaker 5: The alarm going off in the elevator shaft.
Speaker 13: Yeah, so I.
Speaker 16: Yell, is everybody okay?
Speaker 11: And then the alarm.
Speaker 16: Stops and the doors open. Yeah, and there's my boyfriend and the neighbor buttoning up her shirt.
Speaker 5: Ann Brooks kid is in the elevator.
Speaker 8: He must have been doing Yeah.
Speaker 5: Yeah, did he say anything?
Speaker 16: Well, I was like, what the heck? And he said that they were trapped in there. What else were they supposed to do?
Speaker 4: And then when your life flashes before.
Speaker 6: Your eyes, I don't use that on everything. Next time I fl salaten, I'm gonna look at the girl next to me. Well, what are we supposed to do?
Speaker 5: Yeah, let's go to Gary. Tell us how you busted your significant other.
Speaker 15: Yeah, so my girlfriend randomly got to bird watching.
Speaker 5: Oh oh that's a good woman, right, Yeah, Jeffy loves although she's on the busted segment, so maybe not.
Speaker 4: Yeah exactly is it the start of something?
Speaker 15: Yeah? So you know, she was always walking around with binoculars in the house, and you know, randomly one day she went to the restroom and uh, I don't know, some made me grab the monocolars to see what she was looking at.
Speaker 4: Yeah, for sure, i'd be curious, you know what I mean.
Speaker 15: So I saw a guy in an apartment across the way doing a weird hand motion. Whoa he yeah, like panicked waving.
Speaker 6: Oh maybe he's like, oh there's a really cool bird.
Speaker 4: Yeah her bird, buddy.
Speaker 15: Yeah. I kind of freaked out and uh ran across the street to go help.
Speaker 6: So nice because of his gestures, it looked like it was.
Speaker 4: Like most people be like that guy's doing something.
Speaker 6: This guy across the way.
Speaker 5: He went over to see if he was okay.
Speaker 15: Yeah. So I knock on the door and the shirtless guy opens it and I see an entire room behind him set up with candles.
Speaker 8: Oh oh wow, fire over here.
Speaker 6: I got a whole room ready for it.
Speaker 5: Did he say anything?
Speaker 15: So this is the bad part. He told me he was expecting my female roommate to come over.
Speaker 5: Oh no, he didn't know you were together with.
Speaker 13: Him.
Speaker 8: That that was I hope you showed her what foreign You two had a lovely romantic.
Speaker 5: Yeah no, that didn't happen. We got time for one more. Let's hear from Erica. Tell us how you busted your significant other.
Speaker 4: Oh boy, Oh okay, it's a good one.
Speaker 7: Huh.
Speaker 11: So my boyfriend had been looking for a new job.
Speaker 17: Okay, literally, he's been going almost weekly to job fairs and he's still finding.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it's hard out there, I heard right now.
Speaker 8: Yeah, you know, I have friends that are on the hunt and like they can't find anything.
Speaker 6: Do you want to like go in and work nine to five?
Speaker 4: Yeah, forty hours a week.
Speaker 5: I've been on Monster a lot out there for me.
Speaker 6: You're looking for another job.
Speaker 5: Back to Erica.
Speaker 4: You had no qualifications.
Speaker 5: It is tough. Anyway.
Speaker 17: One night he told me he was going to go to this like evening event at a local college.
Speaker 4: Okay, so of course that is supportive.
Speaker 17: But then he left and I thought maybe i'd show up and kind of scope it out with him.
Speaker 6: Oh yeah, like.
Speaker 8: Maybe he could do some help funding or you know, he's not having a good time doing it for sure.
Speaker 17: Yeah, I'm trying to be a supportive girlfriend. So I arrived and of course there's a ton of people. But it wasn't for there, Okay, it was. I mean it's for a sorority speed dating event.
Speaker 4: A sorority speed dating what a dream?
Speaker 5: I mean, that's a different type of job, but they type.
Speaker 17: Of yeah, And like I thought to myself, like maybe it's in another room or something like shouting around, and I see him in the thick of it.
Speaker 5: Oh my god.
Speaker 13: And the saddest part is like he's not actually even cheating, He's just trying to cheat and still failing at it.
Speaker 6: Oh no, what you do?
Speaker 17: I was gonna say he wasn't getting a job, so immediately I was like getting frustrated, to be perfectly honest with you, so I was already going to break up with him.
Speaker 5: It's a sorority girl's problem.
Speaker 4: Now.
Speaker 5: The hit of our text board seven eighty five nine too. If you have a funny story about how you caught your ex cheating, you could be on the next edition of Busted. We got your phone tab coming up next.
Speaker 2: Freaking Jeffrey in the morning.
Speaker 5: Today, we call the owner of a fro Yo show up and she's a very hands on type a personality, always there making all the decisions on flavors, hiring, firing.
Speaker 13: I didn't know if Royo shops could be so stressful with this lady.
Speaker 5: Apparently that's the case, except for last Tuesday. She was sick and hasn't been back to the store since then, which makes it the perfect time to prank her with the brand new hire that she did not approve. His name is Jojo. You're going to meet him in your phone town right now.
Speaker 6: Hello, Hey, Elizabeth, this is Jojo. I'm so sorry.
Speaker 11: I'm sorry.
Speaker 6: Your new employee froyo, Jojo fro Yo.
Speaker 11: I don't have an employee by that name.
Speaker 15: Are you sure you.
Speaker 11: Had the right number?
Speaker 6: Okay, you're funny. I miss you. I haven't met you yet, and I miss you.
Speaker 11: Who are you?
Speaker 6: You know?
Speaker 5: Jojo?
Speaker 6: Sorry?
Speaker 9: I laughed when I'm nervous, but I guess you were sick a few days ago.
Speaker 6: So Francine interviewed me.
Speaker 11: Francine interviewed you know, I'm the one who does all the interviewing of new employees, and Francine did it.
Speaker 6: Oh, by the way, are you feeling better?
Speaker 11: Yeah, I'm feeling better, But I really don't know what's going on. What is this call about?
Speaker 9: Well, Francine she needed a beach day, so she gave me the job on the spot.
Speaker 6: And now I'm your new employee. What But those were happier times. Today I got in trouble.
Speaker 11: Wait what what kind of trouble.
Speaker 9: Well, I was working because I'm a good employee.
Speaker 11: So you were at the store by yourself. Scene was with you friend, Scene.
Speaker 6: Was at the beach. Remember I already told you that she needed a.
Speaker 11: Beach day, so she left you at the store alone.
Speaker 6: Yeah. She's really nice, very trusting.
Speaker 11: She never called me to tell me that she was taking the day off.
Speaker 9: Yeah, I don't think she wanted you to know, now that I think about it.
Speaker 11: Okay, prase just get to the point. What happened.
Speaker 6: Well, started out being kind of a slow day, and then miss kid comes in with his friends, and you know, you know how kids.
Speaker 11: Are these days, right, I'm waiting for you to tell me something. What happened?
Speaker 9: So his friends are messing around at the Toppings bar and they are taking way too many gummy bears, but they're just.
Speaker 11: Eating them at the bar, or not putting them on the yogurt.
Speaker 6: No, they weren't using spoons. I just thought it was too much.
Speaker 10: What.
Speaker 11: Yeah, you let them put whatever they want on top of the froyo.
Speaker 6: In my mind, there's like a four gummy limit.
Speaker 9: Right, No, no, no, oh, I'm sorry, That's what I was thinking at the time.
Speaker 6: So I come up from behind, and I said.
Speaker 18: Hey, what are you doing little piggies?
Speaker 11: Are you kidding me?
Speaker 6: No, it's pretty good right the voice that I did.
Speaker 11: No, when you are alienating my customers, what the hell you're doing.
Speaker 6: I'm not alienating. I gave one of them a wet lillie. It's funny. I never alienated them. I didn't think of that.
Speaker 5: Whatever that was.
Speaker 11: It's not funny. Look, okay, what did you say your name was?
Speaker 6: My name is Jojo. How are you forgetting Jojo frowt? Y'all?
Speaker 11: Jojo? You're fired? You are fired, bother coming into work.
Speaker 6: I'm not fired, I'm arrested.
Speaker 2: What.
Speaker 6: Yeah.
Speaker 9: One of the moms freaked out when she saw me get my fingy wet and put it in the kid's ear.
Speaker 6: Apparently he's like six.
Speaker 11: Wait, you take a joke, here's old. You just told me they were teenagers.
Speaker 6: I mean they were they were big six year olds.
Speaker 11: Do you know that I could be sued over this and lose my business?
Speaker 6: Yeah, that's actually what the mom said.
Speaker 11: Oh my god, hey.
Speaker 6: You have nothing to worry about, silly, I'm innocent.
Speaker 11: Here you are if you put your finger in a six year old?
Speaker 6: Yeah, I did, and there's video. I think that's the problem.
Speaker 9: The cops have the video, and then they gave a copy to the mom, and the mom saw me.
Speaker 6: You stick my wet fingy and the kids here and.
Speaker 11: Stop talking. I've got to figure this out. Oh my god, I.
Speaker 6: Was wondering can I leave early on Friday?
Speaker 10: My sister was tired.
Speaker 11: Oh no, you may not leave early because you are fired.
Speaker 6: Well, if I'm fired, then are you phone tapped?
Speaker 11: What the hell are you talking about? You idiots like Jojo and Froyo?
Speaker 6: Your phone tap? Your phone fired? I guess it doesn't go well. But this is all I said. Up, But none of this is real.
Speaker 11: This is real.
Speaker 6: My name's jose from the radio show Brook and Jeffrey in the Morning. This is a prank.
Speaker 11: Are you getting this is a prank?
Speaker 2: Phone column?
Speaker 9: Yes, your employee friends scene wanted to mess with you.
Speaker 11: Oh. I was sitting here like absolutely paralyzed.
Speaker 6: Well you didn't think that Willie thing was funny? You're silly, Elizabeth.
Speaker 10: I can't believe.
Speaker 11: I believe that it's the dumbest thing ever.
Speaker 2: Wake up every morning, weekday Morning Brook and Jeffrey in the Morning.
Speaker 5: It can be so frustrating when you're starting to date someone that you're really into and you're trying to show them that you're excited to hang out. Yeah, without coming off to eager and clinging. Though, that's like a fine line, Like apparently it's okay to send them a text saying, Hey, I had a great time with you. You're so cool, I can't wait to see you again.
Speaker 4: Yeah, that sounds nice, sounds great.
Speaker 15: Really.
Speaker 5: Oh but when I write that same exact message and lipstick on their bathroom mirror, when technically I've never been quote lettened to their house before, Suddenly I've gone too far.
Speaker 4: It is very confusing. Yeah, yeah, it's very confusing to sleep again.
Speaker 5: Well, I thought was romantic. But one of our listeners was trying to walk that fine line at the end of her date to show a guy that she liked him.
Speaker 4: Was she confused to.
Speaker 5: She pulled a move that maybe went a little bit too far. You're going to hear it in your brand new second date update, Next second date updated. Making a friendly bet during a first date it could be a good move.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it's kind of.
Speaker 5: Flirty a little bit, have a little excitement to the night, like, for example, beer chugging contest. Loser has to do the other person's taxes for the next five years.
Speaker 7: Ready go, you suck at chugging beer.
Speaker 5: That was okay, here's my W four and a list of my assets, so if you can follow those, buy tomorrow.
Speaker 6: They're already overdue.
Speaker 5: That not working for you, Brooke.
Speaker 4: This was weir W two W four good good thing.
Speaker 5: You know how to do it because I certainly don't. But one of our listeners had a friendly wager going during her first date and apparently didn't go quite the way she planned. So let's talk to Tricia about it. Tricia, welcome to the show.
Speaker 19: Hi, thank you.
Speaker 4: You owe more to the I R S than you expected to.
Speaker 6: Is that what happened?
Speaker 19: Not exactly?
Speaker 4: Okay, No, you.
Speaker 5: Didn't do the tax bat thing.
Speaker 19: I'm guessing No, I didn't.
Speaker 5: Look now he's not calling you back?
Speaker 4: Who is it? Who did you go out with?
Speaker 2: So?
Speaker 19: I met this guy named Gino, you know, and we met online and he really seems like very kind of happy. He's like a very chill guy.
Speaker 4: Okay, those are good qualities in a person.
Speaker 19: Yeah, he's super cute. So I was like, why not? So, like, I know by his profile that he's like a sporty guy, and I'm pretty sporty myself. Okay, so I thought we would do a game of pickup basketball.
Speaker 4: Oh okay, that's a great day.
Speaker 6: Thought you'd go to a game, not be in a game. That doesn't sound as fun.
Speaker 5: But that's not like a sporty thing to do. Watching sports is not an athletic thing.
Speaker 4: But that's not athletic.
Speaker 6: Because I thought I was because I've watched so many sports.
Speaker 4: I mean, that doesn't get on my.
Speaker 5: Couch down in two plates of nachos and under twenty seconds? Is that it is kind of athletics competitive food. But I don't think that's what Tricia had in mind. Okay, so you guys wanted to do something sporty. What was your bet?
Speaker 19: So the loser had to buy the drinks?
Speaker 2: Cute?
Speaker 8: Okay, it's good to play basketball before drinking.
Speaker 5: Yeah, probably don't want to do that the other way around.
Speaker 4: I mean, you could make it it's tummy cramp.
Speaker 5: Okay, So, uh who won?
Speaker 19: Well he was pretty good and I'm not bad at all, so it was close. But I guess he just called it a tie because when I made the last shot, it hit the rim, and when he turned around to make the rebound, it hit him in the nose.
Speaker 4: Oh did it bleed?
Speaker 19: No, but it looks like it hurt.
Speaker 4: Yeah, so his pride is hurt. He has it like really dominated the game. And then he just got an awie.
Speaker 19: Yeah he had an alley. And then but he bought drinks anyhow, Okay, hit him.
Speaker 5: In the face with the ball.
Speaker 19: You didn't pay for the did do it purposely? Hit the rim? Wasn't my fock?
Speaker 8: And she didn't lose Jeffrey Okay, she's a stickler for the rules.
Speaker 4: Bet Yeah, okay.
Speaker 5: Do the drinks go?
Speaker 6: Good?
Speaker 19: Drinks were great. We had like really good conversation too.
Speaker 4: Okay, this all sounds so good.
Speaker 6: Ven when you're getting here, it doesn't sound that bad.
Speaker 4: What is there any bad things that happened?
Speaker 2: No?
Speaker 19: I mean he was talking about like what is looking for in a relationship and how he wants an active person, which is awesome because I do too. And he talks a little bit about, uh he loves fantasy football, which I don't understand at all, but whatever, okay, okay, And then he talked about like how he had a big party for his family for their anniversary for his parents.
Speaker 4: Oh that's cute.
Speaker 19: And there's like fifty people, so like he's really family oriented, which I thought was great.
Speaker 13: Okay, sorry, yeah, this is all cute.
Speaker 5: How did you end that date?
Speaker 2: So?
Speaker 19: I kissed him on my car?
Speaker 5: Oh you appreciated the kiss I did?
Speaker 4: Yeah, kiss his nose, so it felt better.
Speaker 6: Did you kiss him on the mouth?
Speaker 19: O that I kiss him on Okay, Well it was great. And then I went to get my car and he's walking towards his car, So then I figured I was going to try and be really cute. And then I ran up to him by his car and I gave him another kiss.
Speaker 4: Oh wow, what did you be so excited?
Speaker 7: If you were a guy, i'd love that.
Speaker 4: I don't know you're saying, no.
Speaker 5: Jeffery, is there any chance that maybe he thought you were going to attack him and try and knock him down again to finish the job. No, No, I'm just kidding. I mean all that sounds okayises.
Speaker 4: Rather than one, it sounds really romantic.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 5: How's the conversation been after the date? Or has there been conversation?
Speaker 10: Yeah?
Speaker 19: Like, I've texted him like quite a few times and he does respond. But it's like spotty, so like he'll do on like every three texts or something, So that kind of makes me feel like, oh, maybe I did something wrong.
Speaker 5: Any texting from the same number every time?
Speaker 8: Yes, okay, I mean from the same three Burder phones that she has.
Speaker 5: Yeah, okay, she seems like to do the sneak attack things.
Speaker 4: So do you have any ideas?
Speaker 19: I have no clue. Did he not like me kissing him? Is he like afraid because of the ball mies? I'm not sure what's going on. Like it's been a few weeks now too, so.
Speaker 5: Sometimes a woman can seem a little bit too overeager with things too.
Speaker 16: Maybe I walk forward.
Speaker 19: I don't know.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I love an eager woman.
Speaker 5: Do But all right, well, we'll come back. We'll call Geno for you, and we'll try not to like sneak attack him too much, but we'll politely ask if he's willing to see you another time and try and get your second date update right after this. Okay, okay, second date update.
Speaker 18: Out in the parking lots, so dumb ducking between cars, applying her blueberry lip bombluberry, watching, waiting for her moment okay to run up and strike it.
Speaker 5: Hurts. Her name is Tricia.
Speaker 18: She is the notorious south Side surprise smoocher.
Speaker 4: Oh why did that guy get sick? I thought her date liked it.
Speaker 5: Not to be fair, it was her second kiss something night with Gino, and she was just trying to be cute and flirty about it.
Speaker 4: But puke sound for her.
Speaker 5: The sneak kiss may have scared him away to the point where he's avoiding her now.
Speaker 4: If she was talking behind her, maybe.
Speaker 8: Maybe he's just waiting for her to surprise him again and she hasn't done it.
Speaker 19: I can really hope that it wasn't the second kiss. I mean, that's insane.
Speaker 5: Okay, let's call Gino and try and get some answers from him. Maybe it's just a big misunderstanding.
Speaker 8: Okay, okay, Maybe he's a way on business or something. Hasn't told you.
Speaker 5: Getting his nose reconstructed after you shattered it into a little piece.
Speaker 4: Of rhyl, I've heard takes a while.
Speaker 5: So maybe he's just trying to get himself pretty again for you. Let's see what he asked. Here we go. Hello, Hey, is this Gino?
Speaker 15: Yes? This is Geno.
Speaker 19: Man who was calling.
Speaker 8: Doesn't sound no, We're we're.
Speaker 5: We're radio show man. We're uh called it's called Brooke and Jeffrey in the Morning.
Speaker 20: Oh, that's I mean, I've heard of you guys.
Speaker 19: That's kind of cool.
Speaker 5: I think it's cool that you've heard of us. We're doing something on our show called a second Date update. You know that.
Speaker 15: No, Yeah, I mean i've heard of that.
Speaker 20: I didn't Okay, I didn't actually think that happened. That's kind of.
Speaker 5: Yeah a lot. You're the lucky guy that we're calling today because you recently went out with somebody named Tricia.
Speaker 20: Oh.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it was kind of a minute ago, right, like a couple of weeks ago.
Speaker 20: Yeah, it's been two and a half week.
Speaker 5: Okay, So you're one of those guys who likes to just take it slow.
Speaker 19: Oh I guess.
Speaker 20: I mean what you guys are asking about how the date went.
Speaker 5: Or well, it's just like you just give us a nutshell, like your take on that date big picture. Yeah, I mean, I don't know.
Speaker 20: I got hit in the face with a like a basketball, But I.
Speaker 4: Was that good for you?
Speaker 20: No?
Speaker 4: Was it embarrassing? I thought it was embarrassing.
Speaker 15: I mean, I gotta say that.
Speaker 20: The reason I'm not reaching out is because of like not the date, but because of like some of her tech after they gave me some red flags.
Speaker 5: Oh, we didn't hear about any of the texts that you had. She just said you guys were kind of in spotty communication and you weren't responding to her.
Speaker 4: Would she say was it clingy or something?
Speaker 5: Uh?
Speaker 20: You could say that? Like after I got home later that night, I got like a one sentence text that said, what's the best case scenario for USO?
Speaker 5: Yeah, relationship? Yeah?
Speaker 20: And I was like, how do I answer this? I I literally was like football in the face and more drinks.
Speaker 8: That you said, that's pretty funny.
Speaker 4: That's a fantastic response.
Speaker 20: I was like, Okay, maybe she's drunk or something, and that was that okay.
Speaker 4: But that's funny. But there was more than just that.
Speaker 20: The thing is, the next day she texted me it was like, if we got married someday, would you consider ditching your fantasy football league to spend time with me?
Speaker 5: It was something like that, and the media answers, no, alexis a question right?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 5: After her first date.
Speaker 1: I mean, it gives you a good gauge.
Speaker 4: I guess.
Speaker 10: Nice.
Speaker 4: Would she try to be funny?
Speaker 11: I don't know.
Speaker 20: That was two serious questions, Like, that's a big picture question, that's two in a row.
Speaker 5: How did you respond to that one?
Speaker 8: I totally ditched my friends in my interest just for you.
Speaker 20: You know, I just got to a point where I thought, Okay, this is just a lot off of one date. I I don't want to be planning out my future with this person.
Speaker 4: Anybody.
Speaker 5: Doesn't sound like you asked her any deep introspective questions about her life. And now is actually your chance, gino, because she's on the other line right now, waiting to tell you what she wants out of your future together.
Speaker 15: Cut.
Speaker 11: Oh great, so she planned this too.
Speaker 15: Of course she did.
Speaker 4: This doesn't make it less intense.
Speaker 6: Question is what would you do if I surprisingly put you on the radio?
Speaker 5: Patricia?
Speaker 19: You there, I'm here.
Speaker 5: You know you didn't mention any of those texts.
Speaker 19: That you sent to well, I didn't think that they were really like that important.
Speaker 7: Whoa so here?
Speaker 4: Hearing what he just said? Have you changed your mind about that?
Speaker 19: Its mom issue? It's like, I would like to know I am a planner.
Speaker 5: I could understand you wanting to like plan out your week or your month than you planning out your entire rest of your life. That's a lot to ask a guy after one day.
Speaker 19: No, we're not getting any younger. And my deal is, I'm not even going to bother wasting a minute if he's not going to tell me honestly what's going on with us, or I'm not going to waste a minute if he's gonna be like, no, I'm totally keeping my fantasy football and then I lose them like every Friday night. No, I don't think so.
Speaker 6: It's actually really on Friday.
Speaker 4: It is give up his stuff for you, Ginah.
Speaker 5: Yeah, we don't know that. Gino, are you willing to give up your stuff?
Speaker 20: I mean, like I said, this is one day, Like I have to go on a few more dates, Like you can't.
Speaker 15: You can't just corner someone like that.
Speaker 5: I don't think anybody's gonna.
Speaker 19: That could have been your answer to the first question I asked you, what's the best case, Maria? Okay, maybe yeah, let's go out a few more times.
Speaker 16: Okay.
Speaker 19: Maybe that wouldn't have led me to the next question. You're thinking me, I'm kind of the psycho or something.
Speaker 15: Okay, but I don't think you're psycho.
Speaker 20: I just I just want I did remember another thing you asked, which is, would your parents ever let us stay in their house so we can say for our future? That was like another one.
Speaker 5: That's kind of a sweet little image.
Speaker 20: You haven't met my parents, and I haven't met her parents or anything.
Speaker 5: Well, yeah, because you're being selfish and you're keeping them all to yourself, you should spread the wealth of this wonderful family that you have.
Speaker 19: You also said you had fifty people in there, so it was big enough for all of us.
Speaker 4: Actually responded and it was okay.
Speaker 5: I didn't.
Speaker 20: I didn't respond.
Speaker 19: I already told you guys, and we talked about this. He told me about manniversary party for his parents where he had fifty people.
Speaker 1: I can move in with.
Speaker 5: I mean, she's a planner's for every bad case scenario that might play out.
Speaker 4: Tricia.
Speaker 8: It's just a little too much, you know. I know you want to know everything right now, but there's just no way to know.
Speaker 19: I made it this far in life with knowing everything, and I think I'm gonna be fine, you know what I mean, I'll be fine without him. But he could have just been honest and said, hey, a few more dates and I would have been like, Okay, and then I would have chilled out, but then it led me into this big spiral and wanting to know more and more and more.
Speaker 5: Gin know, we could just mooth this whole thing over if you're just willing to admit right now it was all your fault. Ahead, Yes, this is all my fault. Move forward. And since Tricia is such a planner, I would love to have her plan your next date, which we will pay for out of the generosity of our hearts?
Speaker 4: Are we asking, Gino, are you asking.
Speaker 5: To Well, actually, that's a good point, I do I should ask Tricia for permission. Tricia, is it okay if I co plan your next date with you?
Speaker 15: It is?
Speaker 19: It is fine with me for you to co plan.
Speaker 5: Yeah, okay, that you're still up for it. So, Gino, would you like to meet up with Tricia one more time on our bill? Your future bride wants to know?
Speaker 4: Oh oh oh wow.
Speaker 20: Yes, if we can just kind of take it a little slower what you're saying, yes, yeah, I mean, like I said, I had a fun time. I just if you're really serious about just moving really fast, that's not me. But if you're willing to just like go out and have fun, then I'm down to go out for another day.
Speaker 8: Yeah, but what we never heard was about that fantasy league willing to give it up.
Speaker 5: This is a good start to the communication, a little bit of honesty and transparency. It never happens on our show. I'm proud of us.
Speaker 1: If I like it, I don't.
Speaker 5: It just feel kind of But it's what you want?
Speaker 4: Is that okay with you? Tricia to move slower?
Speaker 19: Yeah, I promise I'll slow it down. I won't ask any future questions like about our children's names or anything. I will I will feel it in Yeah.
Speaker 4: Because you already have those planned out and he doesn't really.
Speaker 19: Yeah.
Speaker 20: Yeah, there we go again.
Speaker 5: Welcome to the rest of your life.
Speaker 2: Gino freaking Jeffrey in the morning, Brook.
Speaker 5: I'm just gonna ask, Okay, where do you see the show going?
Speaker 15: Ye?
Speaker 5: What's the best case scenario for us here?
Speaker 13: I feel like it's too soon to ask, and that makes me feel kind of uncomfortable.
Speaker 8: I mean, we've only been together for over a decade and I'm not ready for this level of commitment.
Speaker 5: Well, I'm scared because from what I just heard, I don't think we're heading to a very good place.
Speaker 4: They're going out again, Jeff.
Speaker 5: Exactly what Suddenly we have people on the phone communicating, listening to each other. That's taking a breath and respecting boundaries.
Speaker 4: Cross No, not very funny. I will say that.
Speaker 5: We need to get this train back on track.
Speaker 8: Okay, if your life is a wreck, that's who we need to have.
Speaker 5: If you want to scream cry at someone for taking a creuton off of your salad without asking first, you're just the type of person we need. Yeah, email the show and help us write this sinking ship. We'll call the person who isn't calling you.
Speaker 2: Back Brooking Jeffrey in the morning.
Speaker 5: It's Brook and Jeffrey in the morning. And there's a new pull out update on the pole. I was allowed update big time update that asked over fifteen thousand people to weigh in on some common pet peeves. I'm not even gonna start with number one, someone driving under the speed limit in the fast lane, because ninety three percent say it's okay to get angry read them. Yes, absolutely, But what about when you're watching TV and the audio and video are off even a millisecond? Yeah, that's one percent. Do you think say it bugs them?
Speaker 8: Everyone who would it not buy it?
Speaker 2: Yes?
Speaker 4: You don't notice sometimes.
Speaker 8: Time.
Speaker 4: Yeah, that's what I'm just gonna say.
Speaker 5: The answer is eighty nine percent say you should get on.
Speaker 8: Who are the eleven percent monsters out there that are okay with that.
Speaker 5: You must not notice?
Speaker 6: Yeah, it's awful.
Speaker 5: That's a pretty big one. Eighty two percent say it's a valid pet peeve when someone puts their shopping cart next to the cart return thing but not inside.
Speaker 2: Of it.
Speaker 6: Right there.
Speaker 5: And finally, when someone puts the toilet paper roll on the wrong way, whatever way you don't do it. What percentage of people say you're allowed to get angry?
Speaker 8: I okay, My husband every time puts it under and then he says he doesn't think about it.
Speaker 4: I'm like, if you don't think.
Speaker 14: About it, why is it the same way every time you do think about it, and you're doing it to slowly drive me crazy.
Speaker 5: Well, the answer to that, only forty five percent say that that's okay to get really upset.
Speaker 8: Because they're not women trying to find the top of the roll in the middle of the night when it's dark.
Speaker 9: Looks like we have no lights anyway.
Speaker 5: Laser stories speaking of pet peeves, hate that one. It's coming up next it's the radio segment that's coming out with the adult version of the kid's toy, the slinky. He calls it the pinky and it definitely goes down the stairs one step at a time.
Speaker 4: I don't want to.
Speaker 5: We'll do a live demonstration with Laser Stories the Fragment where we read weird news stories around the globe, just like everyone else does, except we've got a laser and there's other stinky pinkies. Just don't this first Laser Stories out of Nebraska. Not too long ago, local cops got a nine to one one call from a guy freaking out, and he called in to report that someone was driving the wrong direction down a highway.
Speaker 8: Would be so terrifying see headlights coming at.
Speaker 4: You in a freeway.
Speaker 5: He told the dispatcher that a truck going the wrong way almost ran him off the road. He also gave other important information before getting off the line. But it turned out the guy missed one minor detail, and that was it wasn't the truck, He was the one driving the wrong way.
Speaker 6: Wait a minute, he's like another one.
Speaker 5: Regardless, They sent a cop out to stop whoever it was, but when the officer eventually caught up with the wrong way car. The guy who called nine one one was sitting in the driver's seat.
Speaker 4: It's like all the signs are backwards. I can't read.
Speaker 5: Any of that. By that point, he'd realized his mistake and apologized, saying he must have just missed the exit, but the real reason was he'd been doing some drinking. He was arrested for going over the legal limit, So the call was like, I'm.
Speaker 9: Sure you guys got a hell, there's just crazy people all the road to.
Speaker 8: Nobody's on the phone while drinking and driving.
Speaker 4: He is so lucky that he's alive.
Speaker 5: A beat reporter covering the incident started his live shot by saying, that's a unique level of dumb right there. It is. Well, let's go to your next one. Out of China. The Great Wall is one of the seven Wonders of the World and also apparently really annoying for anyone who has to go around it to get to work.
Speaker 6: Think about that.
Speaker 4: Do they do not have holes? You can't like walk through overpass.
Speaker 5: You can't put a hole in a wall that's supposed to keep the invaders out.
Speaker 4: I've never been, but that would be It's really lost.
Speaker 6: Looks like where's the drop?
Speaker 5: I say that because two construction workers in the Shengxi province were tired of having to take hours out of their workday to get their excavator from one job site over to the other.
Speaker 7: Oh yeah, so.
Speaker 5: They just went ahead and dug a hole right through the great wall so that their machinery could slide through.
Speaker 6: Oh no, history, you're destroying.
Speaker 5: Police were called around four to twenty pm that same day after the big gap was found. Oh no, didn't take long for authorities to track down the criminals and their excavator.
Speaker 8: Why do I see tourists on top just falling into the hole?
Speaker 4: Yeah, continued Do you want money? Must go this way?
Speaker 6: Yeah.
Speaker 5: The part of the wall they dug through is believed to be built by the Ming dynasty in the sixteen hundreds, so that's actually relatively newer than some of the other areas of the wall that date back to two hundred and twenty b c.
Speaker 4: Oh so you just patch it up, you know, loreto project.
Speaker 5: Well. Now, unfortunately, the damage is irreversible, and the two construction workers now face criminal charges.
Speaker 4: Jump.
Speaker 6: Yeah, you are.
Speaker 5: However, some in the village on one side said they're secretly happy for the convenient shortcut, saying it cuts down commute times by hours. Should have done this years ago.
Speaker 4: Thanks Jim.
Speaker 5: Next Lazer story is out of the Future Headquarters. We've seen lots of negative reviews about AI, but I could maybe get on board with this one. Google just released a new artificial intelligence tool that can go to work meetings for you.
Speaker 6: Oh wow, game changer.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it's gonna end up though. It's all AI in the meeting, nobody out there.
Speaker 5: It's called duet AI. They've been testing this for a while but just opened it up to everyone this week. Before you get too excited, it's only for virtual meetings. Okay, you can't trick your boss into thinking you're there at the office. They still know you're not.
Speaker 4: It's a robot with a blonde wig that's not you.
Speaker 5: But it will join the meeting on your behalf and deliver any important info that you need people to know, and recap the meeting for you later on if you choose to hear about it.
Speaker 4: That's amazing if.
Speaker 5: You ever do decide to show up for one again. There's also a take notes feature, so at least you won't really have to pay attention anymore. It'll just take notes for you while you zone out.
Speaker 8: I mean, we all have those friends that their job is literally only going to meetings.
Speaker 4: I'm like, what else do you do?
Speaker 6: Yeah?
Speaker 5: Sadly, corporate will need to be on board in order for you to use this. It runs within Google workspace, so you can't just plug it into your zoom and go back to bed. Yeah, it's not gonna okay that No, right now, you'll have to subscribe and pay thirty dollars a month per person.
Speaker 4: There goes our hopes and dreams. Jeffrey, I'd out the window.
Speaker 6: Is better than my job than I do. Wait a minute, this is way better.
Speaker 4: Yeah, he's paid attention.
Speaker 5: His next Slazer story is out of couple Up Buttercup Central. Would you say your relationship is an opposites attract scenario? Well, I don't know. You might actually have more in common than you think, because a new study found opposites attract might just be a big load of craph Apparently we're way more likely to end up with people that we actually have stuff in common with because overall, they found most couples have similar habits and views on more than eighty percent of things, from stuff like religion, and core values to each person's drinking habits.
Speaker 8: Oh, it's hard to be sober with like a raging in a good balance.
Speaker 6: I've never drink in my life. But Bill here, he can't go two minutes without.
Speaker 2: Us.
Speaker 5: And this might be the most interesting. The study found that extroverts don't necessarily go for other extros.
Speaker 4: Wait, so then that would be an opposite stitch, wouldn't it.
Speaker 5: But they're also no more likely to go for introverts either.
Speaker 4: They just love themselves.
Speaker 5: To put up with me. It's a coin. Flip's tails, boozer. The bottom line, actually flip the coin. Bottom line is that they found that opposite attract is definitely overrated. Quote birds of a feather are indeed more likely to flock together.
Speaker 6: It's true. I mean, if you like.
Speaker 9: Doing all this stuff, you go do it together and you go out door.
Speaker 5: But that saying is only for humans, you know, the saying for turtles, right those that gel together actually shell together. We're coming up gelling right now. Some means Laser Stories has come to an end for the day. We'll do it again same time.
Speaker 2: On Friday, Brook and Jeffrey in the morning.
Speaker 5: We've got return player. See on the phone today, lazy, and she is oh and five against brook all time, so she is feeling down and out.
Speaker 4: That explains the blues music lay.
Speaker 5: Yeah, but there is good news lazy, because Brooke has three encouraging words that she says to her children whenever they're having a rough go or a bad day. Brooke, what are they.
Speaker 4: It's gonna say, you can do this? But that's more. That's four three.
Speaker 5: Mama, don't care?
Speaker 7: Yeah, Wow, suck it up.
Speaker 4: You got this?
Speaker 5: Okay?
Speaker 6: Yeah, I mean.
Speaker 5: Milk lady working for you.
Speaker 11: I mean I usually say do good, don't suck, but that's a couple more than three words.
Speaker 6: Yeah, well, good model.
Speaker 4: Soon Even if you fail, it's not the end of the world.
Speaker 5: No, Yeah, I got a little optimism gone. While that happens, Brooks's gonna leave and Lacy, of course, you know how the game works. He got thirty seconds to answer as many questions as possible. If you don't know when, you could say pass. But you have to beat her outright to win? Are you ready to get into the win column for the very first time?
Speaker 11: Yoh, don't put that pressure on me.
Speaker 7: Okay?
Speaker 5: Are you may win?
Speaker 6: You may not, but you're gonna have a good time. You ready for that?
Speaker 3: There we go that way.
Speaker 5: You're a winner in our function. No matter what, let's do it. Your time starts now. The Mayflower set sail for America on this day in sixteen twenty. How many people were on board? More or less than one hundred less? What was Twitter's original character limit per tweet?
Speaker 11: One hundred and forty.
Speaker 5: Circus sola translates in English to circus from the what.
Speaker 19: The sun?
Speaker 5: What famous New York City avenue divides the east side from the west side?
Speaker 10: That pass?
Speaker 5: What Midwest state is directly below Minnesota. That's definitely in the Midwest. I can confirm that. We'll see if it's right. In a second, Brook's gonna come back in and uh, we're getting into fall here, Lacy, what are you most excited for?
Speaker 12: You know?
Speaker 11: I said, pumpkin spice lattes. I know they're out, but I want them to stay out like forever.
Speaker 9: Yeah, it's a great spice, right, Maybe it's not available.
Speaker 5: She's a PSL. She's a pumpkin spice lady love. Yeah, and she works at a lasic clinic. You can do some pumpkin spice lasic. Tell my brother, I made.
Speaker 9: This girl with the eyes the size of the pumpkins, bro beautiful eyes.
Speaker 4: What they do with la? But yeah, let's go.
Speaker 5: Pumpkins spice makes everybody dumber.
Speaker 7: I think this is proof it is.
Speaker 5: Let's just move on, Brook, you up?
Speaker 4: Yeah, I' dumb and ready me too.
Speaker 5: Here we go time. Your time starts now. The Mayflower set sail for America on this day in sixteen twenty. How many people were on board more or less than.
Speaker 4: One hundred uh more?
Speaker 5: What was Twitter's original character limit per tweet?
Speaker 4: One hundred and thirty two?
Speaker 5: Circuit de sole translates in English to circus from the What sky? What famous New York City Avenue divides the east side from the west Side Park Avenue? What Midwest state is directly below Minnesota?
Speaker 4: India?
Speaker 5: We're gonna I don't know that. Yeah, the whole game was a little off there. We're gonna go to the scoreboard, though. See how you both did with jose Lacy.
Speaker 6: You got too correct.
Speaker 4: You may have beat me Lacy.
Speaker 10: Okay, Okay, she'll take that.
Speaker 13: Yeah, that's all about score And I think I really did get stupider.
Speaker 9: The exact amount of questions did Punkins make you dumb?
Speaker 4: Yes, it did.
Speaker 6: What crag lazy lous w lazy?
Speaker 4: Can I hate PSN more?
Speaker 5: Now let's get the answers in for everybody. The Mayflower sets sale for America on this day in sixteen twenty. There were more than one hundred people on board when it sets sale, one hundred and thirty two.
Speaker 6: That's interesting.
Speaker 5: Twitter's original character limit per tweet was one hundred and forty characters. Yeah translates in English to circus from the sun. So famous New York City avenue dividing the east from the west side is Fifth Avenue. The Midwest state right below Minnesota. That's Iowa.
Speaker 8: I always feel like I'm from Iowa because anytime I tell people I'm from Idaho, They're like, oh, Iowa, Huh.
Speaker 4: I'm like, no, Ia literally just said Idaho.
Speaker 5: Lazy. Congratulations, you're getting one hundred of Brooks Bucks.
Speaker 6: Congratulateacy, plus just.
Speaker 5: For playing, you also win a twenty five dollars gift card valid at any Disney resort, theme park or online in the Disney Store. Oh that's amazing.
Speaker 8: OKAYU god more of an apple flavored fan than ever right now, YaCy, thanks for playing.
Speaker 5: We're gonna be back to do Windbrooks Bucks same time Tomorrow
Speaker 2: Brook and Jeffrey in the morning.