Speaker 1: Everybody, here we go. We got our special guests this morning. In the words of ped Poblem, I told y'all everybody had it, but y'all wouldn't listen to it. Now you see it popping off, got you in the club dancing your ass off. Shake it down, Shake it down, Lazier general special guest, a legend in the comedy game. We go back like Cadillac Sea. First time I met Bill Bellamy was almost thirty some years ago. I met him at Death Jam up in New York. I got invited to do a club he had later on called the Peppermint Lounge.
Speaker 2: Let me explain something here we go here.
Speaker 1: We do not go to the Peppermint Lounge unless you have your sugar honey ikey together, because of that them gangster. It's not a comedy clue. It's a fine squak when your ass walk out there. Get ready, ladies and gentlemen. My dude, he's a new author. He's got some comedy dates coming up we're gonna tell you about. But most importantly, we're gonna find out about this new book called Top Billing and a new movie called Back on the Strip that he's starting in. We got a lot to talk about, ladies and gentlemen. Please put your hands together for deep one and on it back.
Speaker 2: Damn Bill Bellamy, boy, Yeah.
Speaker 3: You intro to me so big. When I go to Whole Foods, I just want your boys while I'm in our like arroga.
Speaker 2: I got Bill.
Speaker 1: I did it for moments like this because I know how to bring them out.
Speaker 3: I'm telling you, man, you my whole career. Bro, I just want. I so excited to get on with you because we had caught up in the wound. I just want to tell you right, gee, your flowers. You've always been a big brother to me, and they's so funny because we were damn near the same age, but you always.
Speaker 4: Seemed a little older than me.
Speaker 2: Like you you.
Speaker 3: I felt like you had a couple of supreme before me. So I was like, you know what, like he always had a diamond in the back in the summer rooftop, right, So I wanted to tell Stevens more of the funniest the The first time I ever came to down and Steve brought me there right, and so I thought Steve was gonna put me up, put me up right. So I was like, yo, he keeps driving away from the nice area? Is he going? He pulled up me to the front of the Hampton there that I'm never staying the Hampton there in my life, right, So let me tell you how funny this Hampton is. You remember the one where your car could be you you could see your lights and plate from the window. You know that was so you opened the door, you got the radiator or the little the little heat right at right there. But you could look at your car where they rob it, right yo, i'mt me tell you how mad this hotel was. When Steve was leaving, I was saying, you're leaving right now, you go. He was like, yeah, I'll be back tonight to get you. I was like, oh, okay, we'll locked that dough from now.
Speaker 1: That's all the money I had. I thought it was nice. It was close to the club right down the street.
Speaker 3: But that's the part like people don't know how far we go back. Man. I love you, guys, I love you. Steve were always being a great dude and funny to me. But you want of the funniest dudes ever alive. You got the best Mike Tyson joke to ever be saying I've never seen an I come live like. That's the beauty of comedy and creativity. Like we came up in the era when we had to be so funny, Like we couldn't even be regular fuddy, we have to be outstanding.
Speaker 1: Because there's too many gorillas on that stage that night.
Speaker 2: It was just too many.
Speaker 3: You.
Speaker 1: Hey, man, you when we first went to death Day, it was me, you Adele give Bernie Max, said the entertained Chris Rock, Dave Chappelle, Martin Races, Jamie Fox, Damon Wayne, Sheryl Underwood, simply marvelous, teddy carpet dog.
Speaker 2: I was.
Speaker 1: I was standing on stage going, j Anthony Brown. I'm saying, you're going, how can I.
Speaker 3: Whoever you follow, It's gonna be a problem.
Speaker 1: It's a problem, dog, cause somebody gonna come up to you and go them two dreaded words and show biz you next, and.
Speaker 3: There you go, and hey, whatever rumbling in your stomach, you better handle that, boy man.
Speaker 1: This dude right here, Bill Bellamy, he was so smooth on that was he was New York jeriousey kid.
Speaker 2: You know, he was just smooth. Ladies loved and he walks up. Yeah, I was sitting big gun. I ain't see all that call of it. Hey man, his ass was funny.
Speaker 5: Yeah, but I love men.
Speaker 3: I just love the fact that you know, we're able to, you know, in our careers, to continue to make people last and be entertained in our own ways. You know what I'm saying. It's like I remember, you know, doing the Apollo. You know, I remember, you know, talking to you and getting all this advice you've always said, you know, be man, do this too as as it. You know what I mean. You was the first person to ever tell me to do do radio, do something in radio, maybe too good.
Speaker 2: Take something to a day. Yeah, you know what I mean.
Speaker 3: Like there's always uh, you know, some sage advice that I just think that you know, You've always been that kind of guy in my career. So it's just like dope, Like I get a chance to kick it with you, get up and folk folk something in the morning. I don't know what time this is in the world. Yeah, but that's the only way I can catch you because you be gone go.
Speaker 2: I'm gone gone go.
Speaker 3: I'm like, I remember one time I call you. You was like Bill, not now I'm on a helicopter. I said, Okay, cool.
Speaker 1: Hey, look, hey, Bill, hang on, man, we're coming back to really talk about what he called in for. We've just been chopping it up so far. But when we come back, we're gonna talk about the movie. But we gotta talk about this book. The name of the book, y'all, is called Top Billy. It's a lot of life lessons and stories in this book that we're gonna find out about it when we come back.
Speaker 2: When we come back, we got more ladies and gentlemen.
Speaker 1: Legend on the phone that damn Bill Belly.
Speaker 5: You're listening Morning show.
Speaker 1: All right, y'all, welcome back on the phone is the legend himself, Bill Belli. We're talking about his new book out everybody. It's called Top Billing.
Speaker 3: Uh.
Speaker 2: It's everywhere.
Speaker 1: It's in all bookstores, it's on all formats, it's on Kindle, it's on Amazon, it's on all the downloads, it's everywhere, y'all. Steve Harvey, Nation, support this brother that has been around in our lives on so many, so many years, on so many levels. Man, always the same when we talk. But Bill, we were talking about the book. The book is called Top Billing, and you were talking about people have to get up and I was asking you what do you think was the most resounding thing that's helped you? And you said your faith in God. You were talking about a lot of hardships that's happened ass your mother and your father, your brother.
Speaker 2: I didn't even know about your brother.
Speaker 3: Man. Yeah, man, it was crazy. It's crazy, man. And you get tested in life and you know on what you stand on and what you believe in because, like you said it, earlier, circumstances just happened just because you're successful and got money and this, that and the other, and you think you're famous. You don't mean that. Don't mean you ain't gonna have a bad Tuesday or Wednesday? Right, So Tuesday and Wednesday come to everybody, right, So when what you're gonna do in that moment? What do you How do you persevere in the moment when it ain't funny or when you know you are a little doubtful and you know you gotta go. You really got to pray on it because we all are human and so I wanted to share that quality with people too, because there's that's the humanity in all of us, Like how do we get up when we fall? And that's one of the life lessons that you know I talk about in the books, like how do I get back up? How do I get back on my square where I still have that drive? And you know I had to catch myself. I say, goodod man, I'm depressed. You know, I am not radiating on my normal frequency. You know, when you got a full charge battery, you could talk all day, right, but when you on three percent, like Mitch McCollum was the other day, I was like, you know, what.
Speaker 2: Did you see me?
Speaker 3: They don't think about this off his phone because you.
Speaker 2: See see see right there.
Speaker 1: See we've been trying to avoid these health issue jokes.
Speaker 2: But that was three percent.
Speaker 1: You just bought it up to stew it out like it wasn't nothing. Yeah, come, hey, y'all. Hey, hey, hey, hey man, let me tap on this phoe.
Speaker 2: We run out of town.
Speaker 1: Okay, go, let's talk about the dates right quick. You're gonna be at Levity Live in West Nayak, Yeah, Naiac, New York this weekend.
Speaker 3: Yeah man, my my summer tour has been real good. Bro. So this weekend I'm at Levity Live in West Nayak right eight through the champ and then the following week, I'm gonna be in Virginia Beach for two names. Then Columbus, you get to get all find this on the on the internet. And then I'm doing the every Crown in October. Uh to talk to twenty and twenty first, Man, I'm doing the Bedder Days too. Man, I got a bunch of great things going on.
Speaker 2: Ladies and gentlemen on the phone.
Speaker 1: When we come back, we got more that damn Bill Belliot Morning Show. All right, everybody, we're back, and our special guest this morning is a longtime friend.
Speaker 2: Man, we go back.
Speaker 1: I'm talking about Man way way back to the beginning. Uh Ei, Well, not from the very beginning, because he was already on his way when we met and we were both trying to get He was just trying to be famous.
Speaker 2: Man and Death Jam.
Speaker 1: When I look back, I'm gonna say this real quick, Bill, When I look back at Death Jail, there was absolutely nothing that created more stars in television and.
Speaker 2: Movies than Death Jair, no question.
Speaker 1: If you looked at the town that was on Death Jams over thirty some years and where they are to out that thirty year period and today their names is a legend. Man and there's nothing anybody else has done that has produced that many stars. And that's a fact. And today we got one of them on the show Today. Bill, you got a new book out many. The name of the book is called Top Villain. What is this book about, man?
Speaker 3: Well, my memoir is about my life, man, and some of the choices that I had made. Thank God that got me to where I am. Because, you know, coming up as a you know, poor inner city kid out of knew if New Jersey wasn't a lot of comedians. I knew I didn't know anybody that was in an entertainment game. I just fell in love with this thing called comedy. Man. That's been my baby my whole life. Like, I just always wanted to make people laugh. And then I didn't know you couldn't be a comedian. I didn't know that, you know, you could have a career if people remember you and know your name and all this kind of stuff. So when I did my book, I was going back over my life looking at different pitches. I always encourage people to take pictures of your life because we keep moving, and we forgive a key moment that changed in your life. Right, and so me getting like give you. An example, when I was in college, I had told one of my best friends, Man, I think I want to be a comedian. You know what he said, Man, do that be? He was like, yo, b I you that looked like you right. I didn't know I could actually do it at the time. So I spoke it into that to the universe. The universe receives it, and then this snowballs just started happening. So when I started thinking about my book, I'm like, man, thank god I said I wanted to do this. Thank god I met this person. Thank god, I met Bob's thunder. Thank god. You know. I was on us showtime at the Pollom with Steve. Thank god. You know, I went to foot pou Ra. Think God, because there's so many times you could have You could have said no, or you could have not believed in yourself, and your life would not even get to where we are, right. I mean the same with you. You know you had a moment in your life when you wasn't doing very well, and what if you just said I'm not gonna do comedy no more. I wouldn't even be on the phone with you.
Speaker 2: You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 1: When you read a book like this, You've got a guy that's telling you the weird really is. And it's gonna resonate with a lot of people because people got to know the good and the bad.
Speaker 2: A lot of people write books to just tell you the goods. Well, what about the bad though? Because the bags don't happen?
Speaker 1: What you think was the most redeeming quality for you to help you with stand and deal with the bands?
Speaker 3: O my faith in God, you know. And I've had some magnificent losses, you know. I lost my dad last year, I lost my mom, I lost my brother. It was like a back to back on tsunami of pain, you know what I mean. And people don't ever think that, you know, comedians have tough times, man, you old man dad. It's a heartache that it's just like beyond what you can imagine. But how do you get through it? I did? How do you get through it? Prayer? How do you get through a storm? Optimism, your hope, your belief in yourself? You know, and a lot of us get kicked down, you know, And it could be it could be something like mine. It could be a loss of a job, it could be the loss of a child, like there's so many different ways, like can't hit you in the gut, but we gotta get up, you know what I mean. And that's what I hope my book Top building, like you know the title, top building, Like you want to be the best you could be, Like you want to get through, right, So you got to push. You just gotta push, you know what I mean. And you ain't gonna get it all in the day, you know what I mean. You've got to push my flip go.
Speaker 1: Yeah, man, that's what I'm talking. Hey, listen, we're gonna come back with more Bill Bellaman, We're gonna talk more about the book and more about the book is out. It's on all formats, y'all. It's got an audio book, is Bill is audio book?
Speaker 3: In your voice? It's in my voice, ain't all? Hell No, I didn't want more than Freeman to do it because y'all be sleeping, So I just.
Speaker 2: Say that.
Speaker 5: After this in his own boy you're listening Morning show?
Speaker 1: All right, y'all, we're back. We're back with Steve Hardy Morning Show. So Bill Uh back on the Stripper, back on the strip. Everybody is with Wesley Snipes, Kevin hard Gary on Tiffany Hattis, what is back on the strip about?
Speaker 3: Well, we play strippers that's trying to get back together and only what Steve listen, Steve listen to me. I started it was easy to be a stripper. After I had to do all them dance I learned two words hip flexer okay, and when your hip flexer goes, you done? Bro bro Hey, listen, hey, Steve. Now every time I see a stripper, I'll give an extra twenty. I realized, Man, I was you ever been so in a spot you didn't know existing on your body because you got to keep doing these dance moves over and over, face on love just passed out, he said, Man, go ahead, man, Garry Owen blew his knee out, and then what are y'all?
Speaker 2: Some whole ass?
Speaker 3: And we're trying to get and we're trying to get back in shape. But we really really was trying to get back in shape. When I tell you there was an injury every day.
Speaker 5: He was like, God, funny though, but it's very funny.
Speaker 3: You know these guys are dysfunctional, uh friends, you know, like it was almost like you know, the Temptations or whatever, a group of guys we call the Chocolate chips and we're gonna get that chocolate. Right. We got to get back in shape. We got to get the boys back together, we got to get our routine. So it's it's a journey of comedy. JB. Smooth, he's in there acting the food. You know, everybody's in a different place like I'm you know, I was like this little you know, really hot hot stripper. Now I got full daughters, you know, and you know, you know JB. JB is a path to that. But he still keep doing strip of stuff. Why he preaching. He can't stop. He can't stop moving his waist, you know.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: So it's a lot of fun and you know and stuff like that. So I really had a good time doing that movie.
Speaker 2: Hey man, congratulations on everything.
Speaker 3: Brother, Hey bro, I love you man. I'm always there for you. Call me, you know, next time when you own your helicopter, call me when you get down, not in the air.
Speaker 1: The only reason I told you that so somebody would know where I was. I'm on helicop. I ain't even I didn't even tell him who I was. I just said I'm in a helicop, John. But usually that's out the country.
Speaker 3: Anything you gone gone when you do that.
Speaker 2: I don't. I don't really do helicopters here in America. I been.
Speaker 1: My first helicopter ride was on a mosquito. A know what they call the mosquito, that little bubble. Yeah, it's just you and the pilot and you sit up in there and you can look down and it's glass at the bottom and you can see the tree top to top out.
Speaker 2: I didn't.
Speaker 3: We don't do that. We don't care for that. One too good.
Speaker 2: I need two engines and we need two.
Speaker 3: Pilots because one of y'all could fall out, you know. You know they say, they say faint, they say seize it. But when we was coming up, it was called fallout. One of y'all could fall out.
Speaker 2: Yeah, faint and seizure.
Speaker 3: It wasn't None of that wasn't. Listen.
Speaker 2: Listen to me.
Speaker 1: The name of the book is called top Billing. It's everywhere. You can go to stores, you can go online, you can buy it, you can download it. He's got an audio book that's in his voice. Not to be confused with Morgan Freeman, because he don't want you to go to sleep, and he did it in his voice. Also, you need to go see the movie back on the Strippers in theaters now he's alongside Wesley Snipes, Kevin Hard, Gary On, Tiffany Hattish and others, some old strippers trying to come back. And also he got some upcoming comedy dates. He's gonna be at Levity Live in West Nyack, New York this weekend, everybody, September eighth through the tenth. Then he's gonna be in a place where we're huge at. He gonna be in Virginia Beach at the Funny Bone September fifteenth and sixteenth. Go online to get tickets for that. In October, he will be at the Arik Crown Theater V one and only Averk Crown. You know what's happening, ladies and gentlemen, The one and only that Damn Bill.
Speaker 3: Pellam, Hey man, Peeve, I love you, Shirley Nephew, Tommy Man, y'all, y'all my people, man, hey, hey, let's stay up, baby, Let's keep winning.
Speaker 2: Keep winning, man.
Speaker 1: We love you man, ladies, jentlemen, Bill Bellamy love.
Speaker 3: You, den Hey man, y'all are hilarious with me all the way up. I ain't even had no water.
Speaker 4: Oh we love us, Bill Bellaman can't wait to see I can't wait to see the movie and read the book.
Speaker 5: Steve.
Speaker 4: We touched on a little bit as we left the radio yesterday, as as we got off the air. But this, this situation on this airplane with this guy that had diarrhea.
Speaker 2: Trend in the story.
Speaker 5: Yeah, it's still all over the end.
Speaker 1: First of all, let me tell you they was on the flight. Where did the flight originate?
Speaker 5: From Atlanta and going to Barcelona?
Speaker 2: Yeah, let me play when you have it that bad as bad as this man had.
Speaker 5: Uh huh.
Speaker 1: You got on the plane not feeling yourself, so.
Speaker 5: You were a little sick something.
Speaker 1: Yeah, just don't just say because what he did didn't happen, just all of a sudden out of.
Speaker 5: Nowhere, right, Tommy, ache something.
Speaker 2: This was pressure. This is building up now.
Speaker 1: I know you want to go to Spain, but that's a long ass flight. I don't even know how long the flight is. But you can't get on a plane that's going somewhere for more than an.
Speaker 2: Hour and a half.
Speaker 1: Or two hours and you already a little sick.
Speaker 2: To get up. It's a how long?
Speaker 5: Eight hour? Eight hour?
Speaker 2: That's too that's too long. And you got cabin pressure.
Speaker 5: Yeah, there you go.
Speaker 2: There's some pressure on your body compressing.
Speaker 1: Now. Now, what happened to homeboy was he was holding and he had clinched as hard as he had.
Speaker 2: He he fight hold it for eight hours.
Speaker 1: There's no he wanted to go to Spain. And I already know this was a white dude. I already know he probably.
Speaker 5: Had to say that diarrhea has no.
Speaker 1: Races have diarrhea yet not on the plane. That's some white folks.
Speaker 5: Though, we'll change this whole flight.
Speaker 1: Black people will know. I got to hold up. Go back to the gate. Plus, I don't know how you set there till it got to the explosion point, because I don't give a damn but you know how to bath bed line for bathroom people.
Speaker 2: I'd have been wearing whoever was in there so bad.
Speaker 1: Hey, I'm telling you, come on, man, Hey, you got to open this damn dope.
Speaker 4: I'm telling you.
Speaker 2: Listen to me, sir, sir, you have got to sit down, get your damn hands off of me. I'm telling you what's happening right now.
Speaker 1: I got to get in his bathroom, so you can't get in the bathroom. Ain't no problem that's gone up here. There that's going up here to the galley. Ain't no problem on up here where y'all fixing food. Give me your trash can, give me your trash can.
Speaker 2: Yes, but other people.
Speaker 5: Yeah, they will see.
Speaker 2: Now that's why it was so bad. Some sugar honey ice tea on me.
Speaker 5: Huh say that again?
Speaker 1: If you splashed some sugar honey ice on me, he was, SI, I don't give it, then she's gonna be sick and injured. So now that it didn't happen, was he apologizes up the whole time.
Speaker 2: Now he was nothing.
Speaker 1: You could say, what what what?
Speaker 2: What? What?
Speaker 1: Hey?
Speaker 2: Y'all people gonna rave my b B B Hey bro look man, sugar honey ice tea. You don't and I just.
Speaker 1: Bro bro bro, look man, ma'am, ma'am from ma'am.
Speaker 2: I tried. I tried to wipe it off. See. Let me explain something, y'all.
Speaker 1: See when you sugar honey iced see it, it's kind of hard.
Speaker 2: You know. I couldn't control it. You just just sugar honey icedy everyway.
Speaker 4: Yeah, all right, listen, we gotta go.
Speaker 5: Coming up next, it is a strawberry letter. The subject is She's coming over where you're listening hardy morning show