Speaker 1: It's either going to be the best hour or the worst hour of your life. But I'll tell you one thing, this podcast is very memorable. You're gonna create core memories. Coming up now, it's Brook and Jeffrey in the morning. And just like Whodini said in the nineteen eighties, the freaks do come out at night, but if you've been looking around lately, they're coming out in the daytime too.
Speaker 2: Really freaks everywhere.
Speaker 1: I say that because there's a woman from New York. Her name's Lexus, and recently she swiped right on a guy from Tinder who is a twenty three year old dude named Joshua. After a few drinks together, she took the Tinder hunk back to her apartment for some romance. Next morning, he was gone, along with a pair of her designer heels.
Speaker 2: Get him? Is he wearing a Mersey reselling him? What is he doing?
Speaker 3: You know?
Speaker 2: Like either both crimes.
Speaker 1: I'll tell you what he did with him in just a second. But he did swipe him and then unmatched her on Tinder, And before he left even went into her phone and deleted his number from her contact and recall his day.
Speaker 2: God, my husband couldn't find a designer shoe if his life depended on it.
Speaker 1: Well, then to make matters worse, After Lexus's TikTok went up, some internet sleuth went online and found Joshua's profiled good it is insane?
Speaker 2: How were they not working for the FBI?
Speaker 1: Here's the crazy part. His latest post was him gifting his girlfriend a brand new pair of designer shoes.
Speaker 2: O God.
Speaker 1: Eventually the commenters in hate were too much, and Joshua called Lexis up, saying, all right, you caught me, and he agreed to return the shoes.
Speaker 2: God, you're gonna steal him back from his girlfriends.
Speaker 1: There are good guys out there, ladies, he's gotta ask say. In response to her growing popularity online, Lexus says, I'm just a simple girl who wanted her shoes back.
Speaker 2: Yeah. I wonder if the girlfriend ever found out.
Speaker 1: I have a feeling. Yeah, probably came up.
Speaker 2: She noticed when he took the shoes. You would take your knows when you get used shoes, you can tell you taking tissue, stuffing it into the foot.
Speaker 1: Come on, okay, that's your your intro. Let's get into your shot collar question of the day and send it over to digital Jake, who's wearing nice designer?
Speaker 2: Where'd you get him from?
Speaker 3: Yeah? Wait a minute, Right now, you can feel the crisp in the arm, You can hear the crinkle of the fall leaves. You can smell the fresh ink on Tom Brady's divorced settlement, which could mean only one thing. The National Football League is officially back to kick off another exciting season.
Speaker 1: Sports.
Speaker 3: So today will be huddling around some football trivia in a special game breaking, earth shaking, spicy buffalo ranch chicken.
Speaker 1: Dip making that's not so good?
Speaker 3: One and done, shot collar Question of the day. Okay, football fan, Jose, Yes your turn. In two thousand and seven, Cowboys owner Jerry Jones balked at paying two hundred and seventy five thousand dollars for the domain to Cowboys dot com. So another company bought it and that website became what oh was it a a Western apparel shop? B a costume rental company? Or see a cowboy dating site?
Speaker 1: My god, do.
Speaker 2: You imagine that? Like it and web department being like, what do you mean You're not going to pay for it? Yeah?
Speaker 1: And it's still that to this day.
Speaker 3: It's not to this day. Dallas cowboys dot com is what the cowboys use now.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's so funny.
Speaker 4: Wanted cowboys dot com thing out was like apparel, like real love.
Speaker 2: Sure, I went dating.
Speaker 1: Yeah that's just because they're in the mood today.
Speaker 2: Yeah, save a horse.
Speaker 1: You know, I'm gonna go with the apparel, Jake, I don't.
Speaker 3: Know, Jose said, a Western apparel shop. That is incorrect. It's a cowboy dating site. Well, it was. It's defunct now and for sale. The owner of the dating site thought he was spending two hundred and seventy five dollars over the phone at the auction. He said two to seventy five. The auction took that as two hundred and seventy five thousand dollars, and that's why they paid like hundreds of thousands more than the Dallas Cowboys ever would have spent on them. So Jerry let him have it.
Speaker 2: They didn't have any money to run the actual dating.
Speaker 3: Site of poor cowboys.
Speaker 2: That's so sad.
Speaker 3: Jose's getting shocked. Alexis it's your turn, Okay. There have been fifty seven coin tosses in Super Bowl history to start the game, not counting overtime, which has happened more heads or tails in the history of the Super Bowl.
Speaker 2: Heads or tail. Give me an yeah, you don't have a coin. It's a fifty to fifty two.
Speaker 5: I know.
Speaker 1: I played in Super Bowl three when I.
Speaker 3: Sid tales never failed. People do say that.
Speaker 2: I feel like more people pick heads when they go up, but get too hard. I'm gonna say head steak.
Speaker 3: Fifty to fifty is too hard, Alexis. Alexis said heads that is, tales has happened thirty out of fifty seven times. It's thirty to twenty seven a little bit more. Both are getting shop Brook, it's your turn.
Speaker 2: Okay.
Speaker 3: Out of the most watched television broadcasts in the US, all of the top ten or super bowls. Yeah, only one non super Bowl event made the list, and it sits on top as number one. Was it a the final episode of mash in nineteen eighty three. B The Apollo eleven moon landing in nineteen sixty nine, okay, or see the police pursuit of Buffalo Bill's running back O. J. Simpson in nineteen ninety four.
Speaker 1: This is tough because Brook doesn't believe that we really landed.
Speaker 2: On I'm actually you know the thing with the moonlanding. I think a lot of people probably listen to it on the radio as well, because they you know, you like, see all the old videos and people are standing outside looking up as it's happening, really and they're listening to the.
Speaker 1: Podcast of that's like we're stepping Yeah, I don't know stepping we did.
Speaker 2: I mean, I know the like videos iconic. But I think that TV will always trump historical events in the United States. So I'm know I'm going to go with the MASH. I'm going with MASH because I make TV Trump's history.
Speaker 3: Hot lips brook Fox says, the final episode of MASH that is.
Speaker 6: Correct?
Speaker 2: Was it?
Speaker 3: It was the moonland It was one million viewers and the closest Super Bowl is one hundred and fifteen million. Wow, oj, Jeffrey, you get this right. You're the only person to get this question right today.
Speaker 1: Okay.
Speaker 3: Decades ago, two teams merged for a season and also merged names. Was it the Steelers and the Eagles making them the Steagles the Packers and the Colts making them the Cackers, or the Chiefs and the Raiders making them the Chaders.
Speaker 2: Wait, this actually happened.
Speaker 3: Steegles Cackers or cheters. One of those is.
Speaker 1: Real loud, like go go Cackers. It sounds really bad, sound good. I feel like this happened decades ago because of a war and that people were being drafted to the war and they didn't have enough players anymore, so they had to combine the teams into one.
Speaker 2: And I was just gonna say, you go with the Raiders because they have moved around so much, they don't care about changing where they are.
Speaker 1: They are to me, the most believable and the one that sounds the least terrible when you cheer it as Steagles. I agree, the Steelers and the Eagles, So I'm gonna go with Stegles.
Speaker 3: Jeffrey said Steegles.
Speaker 2: That is.
Speaker 3: He was also right. It was in nineteen forty three because of the war too many players fighting overseas. They combined the Pittsburgh Steelers and the Philadelphia Eagles for one whole Pennsylvania Steagle teach.
Speaker 1: So I am safe. The rest of you are gonna be getting shocked. While singing Sweet Caroline by Neil Diamonde.
Speaker 5: Caraline brooking Jeffrey in the morning.
Speaker 1: There's two types of cheaters in this world. The ones who do it and immediately feel terrible about themselves. And then there's the smug, self righteous ones who don't even care and think, hah, I got away with it. They are never gonna know. Yeah, I even if they caught me, I'll just say what those flowers were for my mom? That lipstick on my shirt, that's my mom's lipstick. Those red lacy panties in the bed, Mom's panties.
Speaker 3: I mean, what are they gonna do?
Speaker 1: I'm gonna break up with.
Speaker 2: Me, probably, I think so well of one of our.
Speaker 1: Listeners caught her boyfriend sneaking around on her, and yeah, she didn't break up with him, she stuck around just to get revenge. O can I just wish I could see the guy's face if he hears this on the radio and learns the diabolical thing that she was doing to get back at him for months without him knowing. God, you're gonna hear what she was up to in a brand new mass speaker coming up. You don't know me, concession, I can't take back ow arms mouse speaker got a text to seventy five nine two that says, my wife thinks I hold her hand to target to be sweet and romantic, but in reality, I hold it so she doesn't buy everything.
Speaker 2: In the store. It's not going to stop her.
Speaker 1: No, my god, hand holding just another way men try to control women. Am I.
Speaker 2: I feel you, Jeff, I feel you right, don't touch me here.
Speaker 1: We wouldn't dare hold your hand. We won't even ask your real name. We want you to be free and unburdened, buy everything you wanted, Target ladies, and then confess your secrets right here on the mass speaker. We've got a woman who wants to unshackle herself from the secret that's been holding her down. She's going by Devin today, So Devin, welcome to the show.
Speaker 2: Hey gonna say it like, I feel like you can judge a lot about a person based on what fake name they pick. Solid fake name. Yeah, good choice, Thank you, thank you.
Speaker 1: The voice changer is on. You are the mass speaker. Whenever you're ready, let's hear your confession.
Speaker 7: Amazing.
Speaker 8: So yeah, I do this.
Speaker 7: I'm really excited to share it.
Speaker 2: You're excited. That's it. That's not a feeling we always have.
Speaker 1: In this segment, someone goes to church confessional like, oh, my god father so much, I can't wait to tell y'all father.
Speaker 2: Usually they're shame and embarrassment.
Speaker 1: But I like you, good for you, Devin. What's going on?
Speaker 7: So when I was in college, I was nineteen, I had my first boyfriend ever.
Speaker 2: Oh that's cute.
Speaker 7: Well who is also nineteen, Okay, and we're both really excited. So we just like dove in hard and like moved in with each other after months.
Speaker 2: Oh did you say moved in after how many months? Like a couple of months.
Speaker 7: It was a bad idea, exactly.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's not smart, not cod Yeah, but you know, first love, it hits like dumb, is what you're saying. First love is always dumb stupid.
Speaker 7: Yeah, and then like after moving in, like I found out he was like super toxic, Like I couldn't pick out my class is, I couldn't got my clothes for the day. Like it was just a really naive move.
Speaker 8: And yeah, it definitely.
Speaker 2: Yeah you were.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 7: So one day I was home, I accidentally found a note in a backpack from a friend that we booth knew.
Speaker 2: You don't have to use accidentally anymore. You realize that, Yeah, it's cool.
Speaker 1: I found this at the bottom of his back back.
Speaker 7: And it basically implied that he was cheating with her.
Speaker 2: The more controlling, the more likely that is. I always feel like.
Speaker 7: Right, and I mean I didn't want to leave him right away, like at least not yet. I kind of want to get back at him first.
Speaker 2: You someone's growing up quick.
Speaker 1: What did you have in mind?
Speaker 7: I knew that he wanted to lose weight. And I was the one who was always doing the cooking. So when I cooked his food, like, I would cook it and lard and I have like put extra sour cream in his mashed potatoes.
Speaker 1: Made his food delicious.
Speaker 2: She's fattening that boy up for the oven, is what she's doing.
Speaker 7: Every morning, he would drink one of the protein powder shake things.
Speaker 2: The more you say about this guy, the more I don't like him.
Speaker 8: Yeah right, A.
Speaker 2: Talk about so what you put in as protein shake?
Speaker 7: Oh, I empty the whole container and I just like filled the entire canister with full fat dessert powder.
Speaker 2: Like that. That's the stuff that they give elderly people to. My grandpa ate a lot, My granddaddy ate a lot of carnation and some breakfast.
Speaker 1: Yes, Oh my gosh, sounds delicious.
Speaker 2: It was so good. Honestly, you put that stuff with a milkshake.
Speaker 7: Oh wow, been by the end of the school year, she gained forty pounds.
Speaker 1: Must really liked your cooking that day.
Speaker 2: Wow, right, what a jerk?
Speaker 1: Did you remember?
Speaker 7: Now?
Speaker 2: Was he cheating?
Speaker 1: Because now if it was just.
Speaker 2: Implied, oh no, it doesn't matter. It sounds like he's a controlling the jerk of a boy.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 7: Yeah, I was just over the relationship in general, but something was going on.
Speaker 2: Probably should have just broke up with him.
Speaker 4: I guess she did too, eventually, did you.
Speaker 2: Yeah, she's like, we're married.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 7: Over the summer, I just I went home and I go to him completely. Next year I went to a different college, so I just never saw him again.
Speaker 1: Wow, you really disappeared.
Speaker 2: I wonder if he's looking for you too, and he's like, please just tell tell me the recipe for the breakfast?
Speaker 1: Yes, potatoes. Do you ever feel good? Do you ever feel like, looking back on it, bad about it? Like you made this guy gain forty pounds in a couple of months. Was I'm not saying that he doesn't deserve it, but looking back, like, do you feel it like guilty at all for doing that?
Speaker 7: Do you know, like I feel like I want to feel guilty, but I really don't.
Speaker 2: I despise my first real boyfriend too.
Speaker 1: He sucked. Yeah, my girlfriend, Could you know that you're all dead inside? That's nice? Yeah, good job man. Anyway, text in seven eighty five nine too. If you have a confession you've been holding on too, we can hide your identity, master your voice, and make you the next mass speaker. Your phone tap is.
Speaker 5: Coming up, Brooking, Jeffrey in the morning.
Speaker 1: In society, there's really two types of women you'll meet. The classy, refined, well respected ladies with high morals and standards.
Speaker 7: Wow.
Speaker 1: And then there's Brook.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 2: I mean that first one that sounds like a snorefest Jeffrey Well.
Speaker 1: In today's phone tap, cubon cutting rewards program, Loving Brook calls some movie theater because she just discovered a sweet value let's never even knew existed now, and she is ready to take full advantage of it. She's hoping this poor young movie ticket taker can help her out. In your brand new phone tap right now, it's another.
Speaker 4: Twenties Thank you for calling theater.
Speaker 3: This is Michael.
Speaker 6: Hi.
Speaker 2: My name is Margie Bumps and I saw a movie last week at your theater. I'm calling give some feedback.
Speaker 1: Okay, you want to give feedback on the theater.
Speaker 2: Well, I saw one of those, you know, animated feel good. Everyone has to love each other. Everyone's included films.
Speaker 4: Okay, did you want to leave it online because I mean complain about the movie.
Speaker 8: There's not really much that can do.
Speaker 2: No, no, no, no, no, it's not about the movie. It's about your theater.
Speaker 9: Okay.
Speaker 2: I walked in and I had always heard about how expensive everything is. Oh, you gotta take out a second mortgage in order to get a pop right, okay? So I go up and I order a large tub of popcorn, like huge, ginormous. I could barely carry this thing. And do you know what happens?
Speaker 1: No, what happened?
Speaker 2: They charged me under ten bucks, less.
Speaker 9: Than ten dollars, okay, and that upset you?
Speaker 2: It was completely shocked under ten dollars.
Speaker 4: So, man, are you upset that the prices are too high?
Speaker 6: Or too low?
Speaker 1: Oh?
Speaker 2: Too low? I ate for two and a half hours from that bucket. Not even a dent was made.
Speaker 1: Okay. I'm not sure what you want me to do with that information.
Speaker 2: So then I took it home and I fed my family of five with it for four straight nights. Wait, I know we had popcorn for breakfast, popcorn for lunch, popcorn for dinner. We had popcorn, tacos, popcorn casserole. It tasted the same day number one and day number five.
Speaker 3: How is that even possible?
Speaker 4: I don't know what you want me to do with this information. I mean you want me to pass on to a supervisor or something.
Speaker 1: Because I feel.
Speaker 2: Bad, that's what this is getting to. I feel like I should have paid more, and I'm just wondering if there's a way to Venmo the theater, Like another twenty thirty forty dollars even seems more than fair.
Speaker 4: You want to come back and pay more.
Speaker 2: I didn't even go grocery shopping that week. We just had Mountain dew and popcorn every meal.
Speaker 4: Oh God, when.
Speaker 2: The kids ask what's for dinner, mom, I knew exactly what to tell them. Okay, that's from so good.
Speaker 4: Look, there's a lot of things wrong with what I just heard. But you don't need to Venmo the Theater for that. I mean, we don't have a system for that.
Speaker 2: Here's the thing. I can't afford to go to the movies every night, but with that price of popcorn, I could afford to buy it every night for dinner. Man, No, is there a thing like a Monday where I could swing by and you can swipe my credit card put like three buckets in the backseat.
Speaker 1: No, we don't do that.
Speaker 9: You have to see a movie to get popcorn.
Speaker 2: Or eats grub Hub.
Speaker 4: I mean no that we don't do delivery, and frankly, I wouldn't recommend that for your diet.
Speaker 3: I mean, you need vegetables.
Speaker 2: What is the policy on people taking old popcorn from the dumpsters after hours? You're joking, right, I've been in the alley behind your theater. I've seen their labeled one through six. You could just text me a number on the d O.
Speaker 1: Okay, it seems like you're like going through something here.
Speaker 4: I mean, I've had the popcorn.
Speaker 2: It's good, But that seems pretty offensive. This is something you offer.
Speaker 4: Man, you're asking me if you can get dumpster popcorn from us.
Speaker 1: I mean that is a crib for help.
Speaker 2: Oh you can make that slow. I've souped lower. Just last week I bought movie candy under the table from a guy you probably know.
Speaker 4: I'm sorry, what are you talking about money?
Speaker 2: You're a coworker, you know, the one that set you up for this prank phone call. He works with you at the theater.
Speaker 1: Oh my god, what the Johnny?
Speaker 4: Oh my got it ridiculous?
Speaker 2: He said he made you might be able to help me with popcorn. This is actually Bregg for the radio show Broke and Jeffrey in the Morning. We're doing a phone tap.
Speaker 6: Oh my god.
Speaker 4: I was like, am I talking to like a rat or something like?
Speaker 3: What the hell?
Speaker 1: So weird?
Speaker 2: You don't understand what it's like to feed a family of five?
Speaker 4: Okay, I mean apparently not apparently, I have no idea.
Speaker 7: That was so bizarre.
Speaker 4: And who calls to say they got a great value at the theater? That's like, literally, I would be more surprised if I don't even know. I mean, wake up.
Speaker 5: Morning, weekday Morning, Brook and Jeffrey in the Morning.
Speaker 1: Ask yourself, how far are you willing to go to make true love happen in your life? Oh, that's a big question. Would you be willing to change your name to something sexy?
Speaker 2: Chaziard Tune's ready to work on that sexy part?
Speaker 1: Work on that. Would you be willing to travel back in time to your mom's high school prom and asked her best friend to the big dance.
Speaker 2: Wait, her best friend that's still grows.
Speaker 1: I would and have no Joe, it is right that night. Would you flirt with a person that you've never met before and have that entire conversation broadcast live to millions of people around the country.
Speaker 8: Why does that.
Speaker 2: Sound so much better than the other two things?
Speaker 1: Well, we have two listeners on the phone right now that said yes to that question, and we've given them two new prompts to make sure the condo gets extra spicy. So you're gonna hear it when they meet for the very first time and decide if there is a blossoming romance and a brand new Blind Love Is It's coming up next. We have a general rule in radio that when Netflix goes low, we go even lower.
Speaker 2: That's right, we will limbo.
Speaker 1: We'll dig underneath the limbo. Boy, what tunnel below? That's why when Netflix came out with the dating show Love Is Blind, we did our own lower budget version called Blind Love Is. That's right, two people who've never met before and obviously can't see each other, meet over our phone lines for the very first time to chat and see if they have a true love connection. Hopefully no family connections.
Speaker 2: Again, lowering for that one. Yeah, make some headlines, but you know, we do.
Speaker 1: Have two listeners on the line right now to play the game. Their names are Jason and Jessica. They've both reached out to us separately. Jason requested a second date we couldn't do for him, and Jessica was actually on an awkward Tuesday with us a while back. She was the replaced bridesmaid at someone's wedding. They kicked her out.
Speaker 2: That's right, yeah, yeah, but it was like the mother in law was terrible or something.
Speaker 1: But they both agreed to be back on for this segment. Just like last time, we've encouraged them instead of just small talking for five ten minutes, to try and be a little creative and fun with their questions. So they both come prepared just like entertain us while you're getting to know it.
Speaker 2: I mean, it's no different than what the dating apps use, right, they use trumps and different things. There's not thousands and thousands of people listening in.
Speaker 1: We'll usually just talk about like your job and whatever for like another show for that. But remember we need quiet in this room, and I know that's difficult for this group. But we just have to sit back listen to them talk, and then we'll discuss afterwards and find out if blind truly love is.
Speaker 2: I've already we have such a connection to Jennifer because she's been on the show.
Speaker 1: It's Jessica bro, So we don't have strong connection as we thought.
Speaker 2: Sorry, just went with the eighties general name.
Speaker 1: But yeah, I love Jilli.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Sorry, a mouth shut on this end. Jason, you're officially punched up. Go ahead, say hi to Jessica and we're gonna back away.
Speaker 9: Hey Jessica, Hey Jason, what's up? Uh? Real quick?
Speaker 1: Before we start.
Speaker 9: I promised. I promised my mom I would say high over the radio because she listens to the station all the time.
Speaker 8: Oh that's so cute.
Speaker 9: Oh god, Hey hey mom, I'm here.
Speaker 1: I'm here.
Speaker 8: Hi Mom, don't worry. I'll be gentle.
Speaker 9: Okay, okay, but let's let's keep it PG rated.
Speaker 8: Uh yeah, what do you think I was going to say? We're on the radio, Jason, Yeah, yeah, okay, So should I ask the first question? Yeah?
Speaker 5: Do it? Okay?
Speaker 8: So what is your ultimate guilty?
Speaker 1: Good one?
Speaker 9: Oh, it's not too PG with my mom listening, I don't really want to talk about what gives me pleasure?
Speaker 8: Oh my god, daven No, you're guilty pleasure, not like your pleasure pleasure.
Speaker 1: I'm pretty guilty about it.
Speaker 9: I just I don't need I don't want to tell my mom.
Speaker 8: Okay, So, like a guilty pleasure could be binge eating ice cream while watching reality TV shows.
Speaker 4: Oh, guilty pleasure?
Speaker 1: Yeah, sure, yes.
Speaker 9: My head in the gutter.
Speaker 8: Sorry that to be, but not not right now.
Speaker 1: Okay.
Speaker 9: Sometimes I can stay in a shower for a long time, like I could do a two hours hour two hours. Yeah, it's kind of an issue for the water bill.
Speaker 8: Dang, Jason, how much scrubbing do you have to do? Red Flag?
Speaker 2: And I'm just kidding. I'm just kidding.
Speaker 1: Okay, what about you?
Speaker 9: What's your guilty pleasure?
Speaker 8: All right? My guilty pleasure is okay, don't judge me. I kind of like to spy on my neighbors. I know I shouldn't, but like there's such a q old couple and they just do regular stuff like watch TV and I don't know, it's fascinating to me and I don't know. Maybe if things work out, you can come check out my telescope.
Speaker 9: Wow, that's kind of cute and creepy.
Speaker 8: I agree, I'm not you know, I agree?
Speaker 9: Okay, I have a question for you.
Speaker 1: All right, we only have one minute left, so make sure it's quick. Guys. Okay, okay.
Speaker 9: If you could have any superpower only for like boring, mundane tasks, what would.
Speaker 5: It be.
Speaker 8: A mundane superpower? Okay, I got it, I got it. If I could snap my fingers and make coffee, Sam, that would be it. Oh wow, I love coffee. It's been way too much time drinking it. So if I could snap and get a coffee, that'd be it.
Speaker 9: That's pretty good. You know you can make coffee at home. Let's just have it on standby faster.
Speaker 8: Than the carriage.
Speaker 9: Okay, okay, sure, Hey, what's yours?
Speaker 8: Sorry enough about me.
Speaker 9: What's your power of speech? That's what I would like, power of speech. I love tongue twisters, and if I could sing any tongue twister without problem, I would be god. I would have.
Speaker 8: You know, a solid tongue could definitely come in hand.
Speaker 1: Okay, Okay, let's put them on Holday Sally having fun for the sake of Jason's mother, who is listening to this right now, let's let's take.
Speaker 3: Them down perfectly.
Speaker 1: So uh, okay, I like, what did you think about Jason and Jessica as a couple, jess a couple.
Speaker 2: Jason's a little slow to get some things.
Speaker 1: I mean, you can judge Jason by himself, but I'm not asking about him. I'm asking them as a couple together. I do seem like a good fit.
Speaker 2: I'm worried that she'll run him over because of that fact, you know what I mean. I just don't know he can keep up.
Speaker 1: Okay, what do you think jose the cute couple? Because opposites of tract, I'm assuming Alexis ships them already.
Speaker 2: I like him, she likes everybody.
Speaker 1: Okay, So always we always like to leave this up to the texts at seven eighty five nine two tell us do you want to hear more from Jason and Jessica or we could dump them for a brand new couple. So type love yay for yes or love may for no.
Speaker 2: Why can't we just say yesterday?
Speaker 1: Don't do it the last way? Ay is fine? Okay, forget it, make this my head. But look, if Jason and Jessica make it to the next segment, I have a game ready for them to play to truly test their connection and find out if blind love really is.
Speaker 2: Oh, you're teasing us, I want to Yes.
Speaker 1: We're gonna do it. Yay. We're in the middle of another steamy edition of Blind Love is the knockoff radio version of the show Love Is Blind from Netflix, and Jessica and Jason have just met and flirted over the phone. Listeners have been texting into seven eight, five, nine two on whether they want this to continue. Sixty three percent say they want to hear more. Yeah, I think yeah, I'm gonna could have been the thing where people just misspelled nay and didn't know how to do.
Speaker 2: It, but no one talks that way, Jeff.
Speaker 1: Two for I aspire to a smarter, fancier culture for us here.
Speaker 2: You're in the wrong industry, then, I guess, So how many times you have to tell you that?
Speaker 3: I can tell you.
Speaker 1: We did get a lot of yea's, and also a lot of listeners wanting to say hi to Jason's mom who listening to the segment right now. But I thought we should also have a game to really put these two to the love test.
Speaker 2: Let's let's go. What's the game?
Speaker 1: So we googled potential fun games to play on a first date with someone, and pictionary came up.
Speaker 2: That's not going to work well here, tough on the.
Speaker 1: Radio to pull it off. Also, spin the bottle was an option, but we know Brooke would have grabbed the bottle every time and pointed it straight at herself, so instead we landed on the game to Truths and a Lie.
Speaker 2: We played this as a show.
Speaker 1: It's simple and it's fun. You tell three statements about yourself, two of them are true, ones made up, and the other person has to guess which one the lie is.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Now, both Jessica and Jason have worked with our producer ahead of time to come up with these so they'd be ready to go. And I'm gonna be involved in this a little bit just to help run the game. But I'm gonna ask my co host to please try and keep your contributions to a minimum.
Speaker 2: If you could only see my eye roll on the radio, right, Yeah, No, I'm excited this is gonna.
Speaker 1: Be We're gonna start things off with Jason today. So Jason, go ahead, give Jessica two truths and a lie.
Speaker 9: Okay, I once missed took a cactus for a plush toy and hugged it.
Speaker 8: Wow.
Speaker 9: Okay, after losing a fantasy football bet, I had to make out with the guy that was in first place.
Speaker 2: So the champion, and maybe I do want to play fantasy football?
Speaker 8: Seculation? Seculation the third one.
Speaker 2: She's not totally believing that one.
Speaker 9: I think I once tried to impress a date that I was on and thought I would impress her by doing karate moves and accidentally knocked over our waiter.
Speaker 8: Oh wow, that's some action right there that you were not expecting on a date.
Speaker 1: All right, So we have the three options for you there, Jessica. Which one is the lie?
Speaker 4: You know?
Speaker 8: I don't believe number two?
Speaker 1: You don't think that the fantasy football bet where he had to kiss the guy that was in first place.
Speaker 8: He didn't take kiss, he said made out? Okay, make out very different.
Speaker 1: She thinks you're lying about that one, Jason. Which one was the lie?
Speaker 9: The lie was I mistook a cactus for a plusure?
Speaker 5: Was the lie?
Speaker 1: Not?
Speaker 3: Come on?
Speaker 1: You really made up with your fantasy football buddy. I kissed him once.
Speaker 4: I don't know why.
Speaker 1: I said.
Speaker 2: Makeout must be very good if you only did it once.
Speaker 1: Where were your hands.
Speaker 2: Is this why we call it fantasy? Is that why.
Speaker 1: History? Okay, we've learned some interesting things about Jason. Jessica, it's your turn. Give Jason your two truths and a lie.
Speaker 8: Okay, Well, I auditioned for reality TV show once by kissing a cardboard shutout of Ryan Reynolds.
Speaker 1: Okay, Okay.
Speaker 8: One Valentine's Day, I sent myself flowers, chocolate and a love letter in the mail to my house.
Speaker 9: That's kind of kind of bad, very defensively.
Speaker 8: That is felf love. Okay. So one morning, going to work on a city bus, I, for a lack of a better word, messed myself. And not only did I mess myself, but I still went to the office dedication without changing that without telling us a couple of times, Oh my god.
Speaker 2: Crazy you drinking enough water? Nobody notices it.
Speaker 1: Has black pants. I can be able to the whole things. Okay, Well, there you go. Jason. You have your three statements. Which one of those is a lie? Do you think?
Speaker 3: Do you want?
Speaker 9: I think the lie is the Valentine's.
Speaker 1: You don't think it's true that she sent herself flowers, chocolates and a love letter on the mail?
Speaker 9: I think that she has the most beautiful voice I've ever heard, and I can't imagine a balance on day that she's alone.
Speaker 8: Wow, but keep going?
Speaker 1: Which one was a lie? Jessica?
Speaker 8: All right? Well, Jason, the why was that? I never made out or kissed a cardboard cutout of Ryan Reynolds.
Speaker 1: Sadly, you have such a personality. I could see you auditioning for a reality job. Actually might. But let's go around the room really quick. What do we think about Jason and Jessica as a couple? Do we want to see them together? Alexis go?
Speaker 2: I mean I think they should go on a date date like a real one. Yeah, me and persone? Yeah, I'm for sure. I mean, if they're willing to share that embarrassing stuff with each other, it's a good foundation.
Speaker 1: How could it get from you?
Speaker 2: I actually I thought they were really fun, really fun, fun and place. I mean, it doesn't sound like it's crazy love, but I think they definitely need to go out one time and see what happened.
Speaker 1: Okay, well you know where my thumbs are on this one. Jason, Jessica, what do you guys think you guys up for going out? We'll pay for it. I would love to Jessica.
Speaker 5: I.
Speaker 8: Am down.
Speaker 2: Look at that upstate US. After you meet in person, we found.
Speaker 1: Out truly blind love is not.
Speaker 9: Yeah, well for the date.
Speaker 2: Yeah, we'll pay for the date.
Speaker 1: Yeah we got we got you.
Speaker 2: You don't get any more money after that, though, this isn't a real reality show.
Speaker 1: You're trying to karate chap anymore waiters while you're You've heard of people renting out their cars, their pets, even their grandparents for Thanksgiving dinner. There's something even weird that people are loaning out to strangers online and making a bunch of money from it. Plus, a new kitchen hack is going viral and I'm one hundred percent sure it's gonna blow my co host minds.
Speaker 2: I'm so excited.
Speaker 1: We're gonna put it up on Instagram after we demonstrate it live in the studio during a brand new TikTok click shot that's coming up at eight ten. We're full on into Pumpkins spice season. Yeah, someone's excited. Not sure if you know this little secret Easter egg. If you go up to the Starbucks barista after you order your PSL and you wink with your left.
Speaker 2: Eye, Uh huh, that's hard.
Speaker 1: She'll give you a free extra pump of woo. TikTok click Shot takes it over the top with TikTok click Shot where we dive into some of the biggest tiktoks in the past week. Let's get right into your first TikTok click shock. And we've heard about unique side hustles before where people are renting out things like their pools. You can rent out your camper or your garage space to someone.
Speaker 2: But god, my friend is trying to rent out their fence for advertising right now. Because they're on a busy street. They're like, yeah, it's gonna be great.
Speaker 1: People gotta get that dollar.
Speaker 2: However, they can all right hustle.
Speaker 1: We've never heard of hot bedding before though, until now. One woman named Monique Jeremiah is a thirty six year old entrepreneur from Queensland, Australia. She came up with the idea and she just posted a TikTok about it that got over seven hundred and sixty two thousand views. Hot betting is where you rent out just one side of your bed for the no no, it's one hundred platonic platonic sleepover, no funny business.
Speaker 2: Oh, yeah, I'm sure that works out.
Speaker 1: Here's Monique's photo if you want to see her. We're gonna put this up on our Insta stories at Brooke and Jeffrey Bray.
Speaker 2: Are you just asking for trouble?
Speaker 1: This is like she is an attractive brunette woman, and she says, as long as both parties are clear on the terms, it's a win win.
Speaker 2: Oh I'm sure. Yeah, I'm sure that's gonna work out well for her.
Speaker 1: People are able to have self restraint.
Speaker 2: Brook, Believe it or not, strangers, I do not trust strangers with self restraint.
Speaker 1: Sounds legit to me, she says. Quote it's just like sharing a room with two beds, however you only sleep in the same bed. It's just like it. She started the idea, believe it or not, during the pandemic god in an effort to supplement her income.
Speaker 2: Her decision making skills are poor.
Speaker 1: She needed companionship and some extra fund so she tried it out.
Speaker 9: Now.
Speaker 1: Monique calls herself the bedtime Tycoon, and she says hot bedding is excellent for people who are able to detach emotionally and sleep next to another person in a completely respectful and no strings attached manner.
Speaker 2: Yeah, what happens when she gets in a relationship. Yep, that's right, the stranger gets the middle.
Speaker 1: So how much does it cost to hot bed for everybody wondering? While she charges one hundred and sixty dollars a week?
Speaker 2: What a week?
Speaker 1: That's awful, that's good, that's a.
Speaker 2: I thought there was going to be at least a payoff, or.
Speaker 1: If you want the discount six hundred and forty bucks a month. You can charge more or less depending on the quality of your bed or your hot bedding skills.
Speaker 2: There's not even a review platform for this. It's not even like you could go on and see if the person you're gonna let in your bed is terrible or or like slobbers.
Speaker 1: Or sleep Imagine talking her at work like why are you're so tired today? It's like, oh, this stranger last night making a lot of money. Yeah, the trick is once eight am hits you got to get up and go only there to sleep. You can come back at nine pm that night. Though, to keep your hot bedding going, Jose, you should hotbed your apartment. Oh yeah, I would solve so many problems. People get up at like five am, so I can actually get up on time.
Speaker 2: Yeah, hot boxes it that your next.
Speaker 1: This is a life pack from a woman named Casey Reager who posted this video just a few days ago and it's quickly gone viral. It's got over thirteen million views. So the video starts with her saying, you know, when you want to get the last bit of ketchup out of an almost empty bottle, most people will like shake it hard or hit it against their palm, but Casey actually has a better method that works a lot lot more effectively. And to demonstrate, we're rolling on this live right now. We're gonna try her technique on the show right here. Yeah, so you can see the video on our Brook and Jeffrey Instagram. Jose, you can attest this is a normal bottle, probably like one eighth left in it. Yep, I'm shaking it and right right now, it's scattered all over the bottle. The ketchups like stuck to all the sides everywhere. We're gonna move all of it towards the end.
Speaker 2: Okay, science, this feels like a science.
Speaker 1: I need you to stand up.
Speaker 2: Wow, this is involved.
Speaker 1: Grip the bottle from the bottom part. There you go.
Speaker 2: Okay, So the hole is facing up.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and so what you're gonna do is you're gonna swing your arm around fast, like a windmil softball pitch. So hold it straight out.
Speaker 2: If this opens a white shirt.
Speaker 1: Yeah, So you're gonna swing your arm around like a windmill, like a softball. Put your over and over and over again to create a centripetal force that's gonna push all the remaining catchup in the bottle out to the opening.
Speaker 2: And right now the bottle is parallel to the floor.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so here we go. I know you don't exercise a lot, Jose, don't hurt yourself. We're gonna try it. Three two, one go. No, that's not how that's not a softball. There you go backward. It's like your fast hard Okay, stop, he winded himself. Look at the bottle.
Speaker 2: That's amazing.
Speaker 8: All of the.
Speaker 1: Ketchup went down to the bottom of the bottle where the opening it.
Speaker 2: It's like the side of the bottle is clear now where the ketchup used to be the only problem is if you did this in a busy restaurant, you are definitely hitting a couple of weight stats.
Speaker 1: I think you should try it. Now. We're just playing around with do.
Speaker 2: This to every condiment in my fridge?
Speaker 1: Yeah, go try it home.
Speaker 2: He's a windmilling every bottle.
Speaker 6: I have.
Speaker 1: Look for the video online at Brooke and Jeffrey. You can figure out how to do it the right way. Those are your that's cool stories for the day.
Speaker 5: Brook and Jeffrey in the morning.
Speaker 1: If you missed it yesterday, Brooke got absolutely humiliated losing to someone that she's never lost to before.
Speaker 2: Oh wow, listen, you know the there's winners, there's losers. Sometimes you're one, sometimes you're the other. Okay, I've been I've been giving myself a motivational speech for the last twenty four hours to get myself back here. Jeff don't ruin it.
Speaker 4: Right is.
Speaker 1: She's feeling down and nothing would make Brook happier than to beat up on an old retired post office worker named Jerry. Jerry, you would, Jerry, I love to take down a civil servant today and laugh the whole time, wouldn't you? Brook?
Speaker 2: I bet Jerry was such a nice post office person.
Speaker 1: How do you feel about that?
Speaker 6: Jerry Wine? Brook Win?
Speaker 2: You want to drink?
Speaker 1: I love wine? Jerry?
Speaker 2: What kind of wine a you like?
Speaker 6: I think you'd grant some white wine there at one of the local casino promotions.
Speaker 2: Okay, Jerry, you at the crabs table with the glass of sauvign.
Speaker 1: I was gonna ask, I don't think it matters.
Speaker 2: I feel like we're winning with.
Speaker 1: We are Jerry, We're gonna send Brick out of the studio. Well, that happens. You know how the game works. You got thirty seconds on the clock to answer as many questions as possible. If you don't know when, you could say past. But you have to beat her outright to win. Are you ready? All right? All right here, the whole country is listening and rooting for you right now. Your time starts now. The first Miss America pageant took place on this day in what decade twenties, thirties, or forties. What game does the Queen of Hearts order Alice to play.
Speaker 6: A clue?
Speaker 1: What is entomology? The study of.
Speaker 6: Insects?
Speaker 1: Which country in the world has the most airports.
Speaker 5: US?
Speaker 1: If you're ordering palm freats? What type of American food are you getting?
Speaker 6: Dates?
Speaker 1: All right, good work, Jerry Brook's gonna come back into the studio. And uh I heard you're a gardener. Jerry is that right?
Speaker 6: Most of the time on my spare time.
Speaker 1: Do you have any fall planting tips for us?
Speaker 6: Oh? You can plant your garlic and halloween and dig them up around the fourth of July.
Speaker 1: Oh did I.
Speaker 2: Just walk into the NPR studio.
Speaker 3: Yeah, we're talking fall planting tips. What's that's right?
Speaker 1: Plant your garlic now and harvested in July. Okay, I love myself A big bowl of breakfast garlic in the morning.
Speaker 2: We can tell I can tell you fel healthy.
Speaker 1: Yeah, a little milk and garlic.
Speaker 2: No vampires up in this place.
Speaker 1: That's right. Thank you for that. Jerry Brook, it's your turn. You don't have any fall planting tips? I bet no I do.
Speaker 2: If it's brown, cut it down.
Speaker 1: I think that's a toilet that's flush it down.
Speaker 2: But it's also true for gardening, Am I right? Jerry?
Speaker 6: That's right?
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 1: See, we're gonna have a luscious, luscious winter coming up here next season. No, we got to get into the questions, I think, Brook, here we go. Your time starts now. The first Missing Erica Pageant took place on this day in what decade? In nineteen twenties, thirties or forties.
Speaker 2: I feel like it's post War forties.
Speaker 1: What game does the Queen of Hearts order Alice to play?
Speaker 2: U Chess?
Speaker 1: What is entomology the study of bugs? Which country in the world has the most airports?
Speaker 2: Uh? China?
Speaker 1: If you're ordering pumfrets, what type of American food are you getting? Poseidon is the Greek god of the sea. Who is the Roman god of the sea?
Speaker 2: No, I know, I know, King Triton, Triton. Why can't it be that?
Speaker 1: Maybe you're right. We're gonna find out in just a second. But first, let's get to the scoreboard with Jose.
Speaker 3: You gotta help me, help them, help you, help me, help you.
Speaker 2: Jerry, you got to correct today, thank god.
Speaker 1: Okay, chuck the ole thing now.
Speaker 2: And then Brook you did get an extra question in, but you didn't need it. You also got to guys two hundred souls.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Now, unfortunately Tie does go to the house on these jair But let's get the answers in. First Miss America pageant took place on this day in the nineteen twenties.
Speaker 2: Oh okay, maybe Margaret.
Speaker 1: Gorman won it in nineteen twenty one.
Speaker 2: All right, Marge.
Speaker 1: The game that the Queen of Hearts orders alice to play is croquette.
Speaker 2: Oh, I can't remember now, like.
Speaker 1: In the cartoon with the upside down flamingos yees, forget until you hear it. Entomology is a study of insects or bugs.
Speaker 2: But gave that acond.
Speaker 1: The country in the world with the most airports, that's the USA. America is over thirteen thousand, three times more than the second country on the list, Brazil.
Speaker 2: Like, how could we pollute the world war?
Speaker 1: Yeah, if you're ordering palm Fritz, you're getting French fries. Poseidon is the Greek god of the sea. The Roman is Neptune.
Speaker 2: Neptune. Triton is somebody, dude, besides a little mermaid's dad.
Speaker 1: Triton is the name of the stick. Anyway, Jerry can't give you any money here, but just we're playing, and we are going to send you a twenty five dollars gift card valid at any Disney resort, theme park or online in the Disney store.
Speaker 3: Thank you, Yeah, thank you.
Speaker 2: Jerry.
Speaker 1: I'm gonna go plant some garlic right now, right, and then Brook's gonna drink some wine for you, all right. Jerry's like he's all right, all right, talk to you soon. Again, Jerry, we'll be back to the way Brooks Bucks the same time tomorrow.
Speaker 5: Brooke and Jeffrey in the morning.