Speaker 1: It's the radio segment that's teaming up with Rosetta Stone to teach North American children how to swear in over seventy different languages.
Speaker 2: I mean, honestly, the only words I ever remember from any of my language classes.
Speaker 3: You can get it. It's called curse words for kids. Yeah right now?
Speaker 1: Up yours in Portuguese is the number one favorite for six year olds. He doesn't get off.
Speaker 2: Mommy and Daddy don't understand it right.
Speaker 1: Text your favorites into laser stories the segment or the weird news stories around the globe, just like everyone else does. Except we've got a laser. Those other bad mouth babies just don't. This first laser story is out of you, guess. Florida, Yes, Starting big, Starting strong. A man named Reza Balucci is a marathon runner. For the longest time had a dream. His goal was to someday run to London.
Speaker 3: Wait a minute, Bunny, A little problem with that.
Speaker 1: Florida and London have this kind of tiny little ocean between him lake.
Speaker 3: Ye, running there was.
Speaker 1: Almost impossible and I say almost cauz Well.
Speaker 3: He still tried it. Wo wow.
Speaker 1: He is now facing federal charges after the US Coast Guard caught him about seventy miles off the coast of Georgia in a homemade hydropod, which is kind of like a giant hamster wheel.
Speaker 2: Oh that's actually genius, though, I mean, this is one of those things where you have a dream and you were gonna make it happen, no matter how impossible people say it is being.
Speaker 3: Real liberal with the word genius.
Speaker 1: There Resa told officers to leave him alone and that he was getting closer to London every minute. Remember he's seventy miles away from Georgia.
Speaker 2: He just ran seventy miles though, right.
Speaker 1: The authorities responded by saying they were cutting short his unsafe voyage. Resident like that, yeah, So he then threatened to kill himself, claiming he had a bomb aboard.
Speaker 3: Instrum. I didn't bring food, but I brought a bomb that turned out to be fake. There was no bomb. Oh darn it.
Speaker 1: Anyways, This isn't the first time Resa has been caught in his weird water wheel. He's been apprehended at least three previous times, including two years ago when he was trying to make it from Florida.
Speaker 3: To New York. That time, he made it twenty five miles before washing back ashore, so he has almost tripled his first voyage. Keeping in the past. He said that he's never going to give up this insanity. I actually believe.
Speaker 1: As we're going to hear again from him very very soon in another laser story and.
Speaker 2: By the only one voting for hamster Man.
Speaker 3: You are he's not like forever. Let's go to your next laser story.
Speaker 1: Out of social media Central, a father shared a video on TikTok showing how his five year old son Basker, ordered almost one thousand dollars worth of stuff on Amazon Oh, just by asking Alexa.
Speaker 3: To have the items added to their carts.
Speaker 1: Most of it was toys, but Basker also asked for a hot tub and a five hundred dollars one got ordered. It could have been a lot worse because he was asking for multiple things like one hundred and twelve water slides, Oh my god, and potentially expensive stuff like a wocket ship that goes five twillion miles per hour and five twillion feet.
Speaker 3: Off the ground. Jeff Bezos is like, we will deliver kid.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Also good news.
Speaker 1: It sounds like the father did get a full refund oh, because he said he regrets not keeping the hot every single day.
Speaker 2: I mean, not only is it awesome, but as punishment, he doesn't let the kid get in, you know, or he.
Speaker 3: Makes it sit in that hot for two years. Okay, who's going to your next lazer story? Out of food News.
Speaker 1: If you're bored with your regular morning coffee, here's a weird new option. The company that makes Cup of Noodle just announced the debut of caffeinated ramen. Target market isn't necessarily the breakfast crowd, though. They're going after hungry gamers who stay up late playing video games.
Speaker 2: I'm just thinking college students have to finish their last minute paper.
Speaker 3: That could work, you know.
Speaker 1: They even put the word gaming into the product gaming Cup of Noodle that it's.
Speaker 2: All like rainbow colored with like lightning bolts on it.
Speaker 3: Can you just add caffeine to anything? Is that how caffeine works?
Speaker 2: Okay?
Speaker 1: There are two different flavors of it, a black pepper and garlic one and a ginger your curry version.
Speaker 2: Yes, it's good.
Speaker 1: Both sound good. It's not clear how much caffeine they're packing, but supposedly enough to give you a nice, big energy boost to keep.
Speaker 3: You alert all night. Both are going to be available September eighteenth. Look at that, Jeffrey.
Speaker 2: You could give up your five hours and just move to noodles. One.
Speaker 3: The thing is I have more food news.
Speaker 1: Oh, because Wendy's is doing it again, jumping into the giant falling leaf pile of beverages.
Speaker 2: Oh gosh, oh you you better tell me. It's a pumpkin spice frosty.
Speaker 1: We just reported about their hugely successful strawberry Frosty the summer for autumn, you're introducing just say it.
Speaker 3: Somebody calm down.
Speaker 1: Two new items to the menu, a brand new pumpkin Spice frosty and Pumpkins Spice frosty colds Brewers, you guys need to cut back on your caffeinated cup a noodle.
Speaker 3: Serious, Yeah, that looks like frofy heaven. You need to lead with this.
Speaker 1: This is amazing. Both are going to be available September twelfth, and good luck to Wendy's for not running out by the first day.
Speaker 2: That looks amazing.
Speaker 3: Honestly, you know what diabetes in my body. If you're listening, you better move over, because I mean.
Speaker 2: This is it.
Speaker 1: Your next Lazer story is out of research headquarters. Someone get Kevin Bacon on the horn for this no excuses.
Speaker 3: I say it.
Speaker 1: Because a real life study found that we all really do know someone who knows someone who knows someone who knows someone who knows someone who knows him.
Speaker 3: How many degrees is it?
Speaker 1: The six degrees, eight degrees, seven degrees, six degrees separation. That's the claim that anyone on Earth is no more than six social connections away from anybody else.
Speaker 2: No, I don't believe it would Beyonce. There's no way I'm only six degrees away from her. You're closer. Nobody's that close to Beyonce.
Speaker 1: A group of mathematicians just found that six really is the sweet spot.
Speaker 2: Huh.
Speaker 1: And they found every new friend you add comes with an upside and a downside. The upside is your social network grows, but at some point adding new friends weakens your other connections and your old friends will start falling away.
Speaker 2: Yeah, oh, they're crying.
Speaker 1: In other words, there's an equilibrium. And they found the six degree pattern kept popping up. Like they say, it doesn't just apply to people, though, for example, it also works with viruses like COVID.
Speaker 2: Okay, that that was a bummer, Like, why do we gotta add likes.
Speaker 1: To within six infection cycles, a virus can cross the entire globe.
Speaker 3: Speaking of six infection.
Speaker 1: Cycles, he's getting pre treated, ladies, so you got nothing to worry about.
Speaker 3: It means Blazer Stories has come to an end for the day. We'll do it again at the same time on Monday, Brooke and Jeffrey in the morning.