Speaker 1: Hey, you found our podcast, but are you following it? Oh that's important. Make sure you click that follow button and enjoy.
Speaker 2: I think I see a listener outside right now.
Speaker 3: Hey wait a minute, No, no, not like that.
Speaker 4: It's brooken Jeffrey in the morning, and I read something today that kind of bummed me out.
Speaker 2: Oh god, why?
Speaker 4: And I hope it's not just me. I'm hoping you guys will be bummed out by the two.
Speaker 2: That way. I mean, it loves company, Yeah, that's the saying, jeff, but nobody wants to be around it.
Speaker 3: You guys re bolt together anyway. Does anyone here have a five year plan.
Speaker 2: You know, for life?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Why do you think we're here? Absolutely not.
Speaker 4: I say it because apparently the average adult in our country is now planning twelve years ahead. Who how are people doing that? How are you planning twelve years out? I don't even know when the.
Speaker 3: Next holiday is, that's true. Is it a labor day coming up soon?
Speaker 2: No?
Speaker 3: We passed, we passed it.
Speaker 2: I mean, what do you be, like, what do they put their twelve year plan? I don't know the plan.
Speaker 3: If I knew, I would probably be in this survey.
Speaker 4: We all planned out, but they have like twelve year financial plans for their savings for their four oh one king.
Speaker 2: I definitely have an idea of when I'm going to retire.
Speaker 5: It's easy when you're rich after retired. Any moment that's true.
Speaker 1: Plan right now.
Speaker 4: Then at the bottom of that survey, there was a link to the top ten holiday gifts, which I guess, well, we should be planning Christmas presents for the next twelve years.
Speaker 1: I think if we're going to keep up with everyone this year planning for next year, I.
Speaker 2: Like to buy everyone things that they don't like because I'm panic shopping at the last minute.
Speaker 4: Well, according to the survey, Christmas candy is going to be big again this year, along with instapots and self care products. And then at the bottom of that list there was another link to a study that found how long your first date should be and on average, I mean, I want to.
Speaker 3: Keep clicking on these links. It's just good in a hole.
Speaker 4: On average, they say first date should last a little less than three hours.
Speaker 2: Okay, drink what I.
Speaker 4: Can't imagine being with another human being for that long.
Speaker 2: What did you find next, Jo?
Speaker 3: What are you supposed to do during that time?
Speaker 4: I guess playing the next twelve years of your life together, you're supposed to.
Speaker 2: Do Christmas shopping.
Speaker 3: Yeah, And then at.
Speaker 4: The bottom of that study there was another link, and that led me to the Shock Collar Question.
Speaker 6: Of the Day.
Speaker 4: God got there, and hopefully digital Jake is ready with twelve years of shock collar questions for us so that we can stay up with everybody.
Speaker 3: Jake, what do you got? I have one day.
Speaker 7: You either love them or you hate them, but everyone has at least one in their life. I'm talking about David's the fifth most common men's name in North America, and the name Brooke accidentally shouts sometimes when she's intimate with her husband, and you know it.
Speaker 8: I did not know.
Speaker 7: I don't acknowledge any figure. And today just happens to be National David Day. So to celebrate, you'll each get a trivia question about a famous Dave, David, Davy or David. It's a special Dave's Gone Wild edition of the Shock Collar Question.
Speaker 8: Of the Day.
Speaker 5: The Dave's on the text word.
Speaker 3: Are going crazy?
Speaker 7: All right, Brooks, Since you're related to a David, you'll go first.
Speaker 2: Okay.
Speaker 7: Famous musician David Bowie was actually a stage name. He changed it to avoid confusion with another famous David. Who was it a Davy Crockett, a figure from American history, b Davy Jones, legend of the Deep and lead singer of the band The Monkeys, or C David Copperfield, the magician.
Speaker 4: David Bowie is from England. So which one sounds the most British.
Speaker 5: That's a good.
Speaker 2: Point, Copperfield. I mean, honestly, it sounds more British. And I don't think it's Davy Crockett, because like that would be sweet man. You know, like you're a musician, you're a rock star. You're like, Yeah, David Crockett coming to the stage, I.
Speaker 3: Don't know, doesn't sound very classy. Yeah, I think that's your Idaho.
Speaker 2: Maybe the thing with the Monkeys is you wouldn't want to be confused with them because a lot of people hated their music. Wow, I don't think David Bowie would want to get confused with that person. Copperfield just sounds British, though. I think it's Davy Jones.
Speaker 5: You do, I do.
Speaker 7: I'm going to go Copperfield, Brooks said, David Copperfield, that is incorrect. How could you ever think it was David Copperfield? In the Sane of You. It was Davy.
Speaker 2: Jones talk myself out of it.
Speaker 7: Know, we're close to getting that correct. Jeffrey's turn. Jeff Actor David Schwimmer hit it big starring in the sitcom Friends, but you may not know he was almost part of a huge movie franchise. He turned down the opportunity in order to direct his first film. What franchise role that he turned down was it Will Smith's role and Men in Black, Toby mcg wires role in Spider Man, or Vin Diesel's role in Fast and Furious.
Speaker 4: Imagine David, Oh my god, I would like to see David Swimmer like all jacked up and driving cars fast Shift get.
Speaker 2: Said, I only picture I picture him on a moped.
Speaker 3: It's still eliminating Vin Diesel. Okay.
Speaker 4: And then the reason why Men in Black might work is because David Shwimmer is like comedic.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's a funny movie.
Speaker 4: Yeah, he doesn't strike me as like a serious, you know, action star type guys I'm gonna go with.
Speaker 3: He was supposed to be the Will Smith guy and Men in Black.
Speaker 7: Jeffer said, Men in Black, that is the first choice was Chris O'Donnell. He said no. The second choice was David Shwimmer, he said no, and then Will Smith third choice.
Speaker 5: I could not imagine it without Smith.
Speaker 2: I know, is that crazy how that happens?
Speaker 7: Jeffrey, you're safe from the shot collar Alexis. You're right. No one can help you with this question.
Speaker 9: Give me David Beckham, Jake, it's not the first time.
Speaker 3: You've said that.
Speaker 7: Alexis. In the Guinness Book of World Records, one famous Dave holds the title of the world's most watched man on television.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah.
Speaker 7: The reason more than one billion viewers in one hundred and forty countries tuned in to see this Dave's television show? Was it Dave Coolier from the Full House series, David Hasselhoff from bay Watch? Or Dave Chappelle from The Chappelle Show.
Speaker 9: It's hard nobody I know watch Baywatch, but it was a big way back, right, Like, I only know Wait, what's it that Dave's name again from Baywatchshoff? I only know that from SpongeBob, like in the SpongeBob, the SpongeBob movie.
Speaker 2: About Man, the SpongeBob movie. I don't know what makes me think he's up.
Speaker 9: There SpongeBob is I'm just gonna go Dave chappelog Alexa.
Speaker 7: Said Dave Chappelle, that is incorrect. The correct answer was the goofy goober himself. David Hasselhoff from BAYWATCHOK, and Alexis are getting shocked. Jose, You're going to join them if you don't get this right. All Which famous musician named Dave has sold the most records in their lifetime? Dave Matthews from Dave Matthews Band. Is it B Dave Grohl from Nirvana and the Food Fighters or is it C. David Ghetta, a famous French DJ.
Speaker 5: I didn't even think of David Getta.
Speaker 2: Oh no, you really think David Ghetta is up there with the other.
Speaker 5: Day International features.
Speaker 2: But Groll is not only Food Fighters but also Nirvana. Yes, I was saying, thats what Yeah, fact, I thought he was a teletobby, That's what it was.
Speaker 7: I think I'm going to go with they said Dave Grohl.
Speaker 10: That is.
Speaker 7: Dave Grol seventy five million records sold, Dave Matthews was second with sixty eight million, and David Getta back at fifty million.
Speaker 5: I love that guy.
Speaker 4: Yeah, the boys are safe. Because we got our answers right. So it's going to take a shot today. People wanted to hear a moment like this by Kelly David clarkson Oh Game, A little known fact.
Speaker 9: A moment like this, some people wait a lifetime.
Speaker 3: God at that moment. So that's your shot collar question of the.
Speaker 8: Day, Brook and Jeffrey in the morning.
Speaker 4: You guys know Bumble, Yeah, maybe the most popular dating app out there right now where the women get to choose and take the lead on who they want to chat with.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that still gets have to kind of.
Speaker 3: Depression taking the lead.
Speaker 4: But now there's a new feature being added that's creating headlines where if you match with someone on there and they don't show up for your date, like they completely ghost, you can now report them to the site and Bumble will take action. It's not really clear what that means exactly if their account gets suspended or something.
Speaker 1: I mean, it should have like a note on it where you have like little honey Bumble.
Speaker 2: It should be like a rating system exactly. Should like we need to be yelping each other.
Speaker 7: I mean I'm not.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it should pop up on a dating profile so people can see while they're swiping. Oh wait, this guy ghosted nine women just this month. Yeah, I mean, I bet he won't do it to me though. Yes, but they're not just going to take your word for it either. If you report it, a moderator will get involved to validate your claim, so you'll have to send in proof. Text them that lonely selfie you took in the coffee shop all by yourself.
Speaker 2: Did we just find the worst job in the world ever the moderator. I feel bad for them, but repeat it.
Speaker 4: Defenders could find themselves permanently banned.
Speaker 3: From the platform.
Speaker 2: This is going to be terrible for our second dates. We thrive on people.
Speaker 4: Well, the other sides are still doing. Bumble is the only one taking action against ghosting. Officially confirmed ghost things are being added to their list of bullying and abusive conduct.
Speaker 2: No nos, that's right, that's what you get with the women owned business.
Speaker 4: But this year alone, because of guideline violations, Bumble says they've already moved over eight million toxic accounts, right.
Speaker 2: And all the other social media accounts are like, let's keep them because it makes our numbers look.
Speaker 4: Yeah, but you better not ghost us on a brand new Laser Stories.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'll find you.
Speaker 3: Yeah, we're gonna do it.
Speaker 4: That's it's the radio segment that's teaming up with Rosetta Stone to teach North American children how to swear in over seventy different languages.
Speaker 2: I mean, honestly, the only words I'd ever remember from any of my language classes.
Speaker 3: You can get it. It's called curse words for kids. Yeah, right now?
Speaker 4: Up Yours in Portuguese is the number one favorite for six year olds.
Speaker 2: He doesn't cant I lobby and Daddy don't understand it any.
Speaker 4: Text your favorites into laser stories. The segment the weird news stories around the globe, just like everyone else does, except we've got a laser. Those other bad mouth babies just don't. This first laser story is out of you.
Speaker 2: Gut Florida, Yes, starting big, starting strong.
Speaker 4: A man named Reza Balucci is a marathon runner. For the longest time had a dream. His goal was to someday run to London. Wait a minute, buy a little problem with that. Florida and London have this kind of tiny little ocean between them. There was almost impossible, and I say almost, cauz Well he still tried it.
Speaker 2: Woo wow.
Speaker 3: He is now facing.
Speaker 4: Federal charges after the US Coast Guard caught him about seventy miles off the coast of Georgia in a homemade hydropod, which is kind of like a giant hamster wheel.
Speaker 2: Oh that's actually genius, though. I mean, this is one of those things where you have a dream and you were gonna make it happen, no matter how impossible people say it is.
Speaker 3: Being real liberal with the word genius.
Speaker 4: There Resa told officers to leave him alone and that he was getting closer to London every minute. Remember he is seventy miles away from Georgia.
Speaker 2: He just ran seventy miles though.
Speaker 5: That's aw right, wait run.
Speaker 4: The authorities responded by saying they were cutting short his unsafe voyage.
Speaker 3: Resident like that.
Speaker 4: Yeah, so he then threatened to kill him, claiming he had a bomb aboard.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I didn't freak food, but I brought a bomb.
Speaker 3: That turned out to be fake. There was no bomb.
Speaker 5: Oh darn it.
Speaker 4: Anyways, This isn't the first time Reza has been caught in his weird water wheel. He's been apprehended at least three previous times, including two years ago when he was trying to make it from.
Speaker 3: Florida to New York. That time he made it twenty five miles before washing back ashore.
Speaker 2: So he has almost tripled his first voyage.
Speaker 5: Keep going.
Speaker 4: In the past, he said that he's never going to give up this insanity.
Speaker 2: I actually believe I'm assumer.
Speaker 4: We're going to hear again from him, very very soon. In another laser.
Speaker 2: Story by the only one voting for Hamster, many you are.
Speaker 3: Let's go to your next laser story.
Speaker 4: Out of social media Central, a father shared a video on TikTok showing how his five year old son Basker, ordered almost one thousand dollars worth of stuff on Amazon Oh, just by asking Alexa to.
Speaker 3: Have the items added to their carts.
Speaker 4: Most of it was toys, but Basker also asked for a hot tub and a five.
Speaker 3: Hundred dollars one got ordered.
Speaker 6: Stuff.
Speaker 4: You know, it could have been a lot worse because he was asking for multiple things like one hundred and twelve water slides, Oh my god, and potentially expensive stuff like.
Speaker 11: A wocket ship that goes five twillion miles per hour and five twillion feet off the ground.
Speaker 2: Jeff Bezos is like, we will deliver kid.
Speaker 6: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Also good news.
Speaker 4: It sounds like the father did get a full refund oh because he said he regrets not keeping the hot every single day.
Speaker 2: I mean, not only is it awesome, but as punishment he doesn't let the kid get in, oh you know, or.
Speaker 5: He makes it sit in that hot dub for two years.
Speaker 3: Okay, he's going to your next lazer story. Out of food News.
Speaker 4: If you're bored with your regular morning coffee, here's a weird new option. The company that makes Cup of Noodle just announced the debut of caffeinated ramen. Target market isn't necessarily the breakfast crowd though. They're going after hungry gamers who stay up late playing video.
Speaker 2: I'm just thinking college students have to finish their last minute paper.
Speaker 3: That could work.
Speaker 10: You know.
Speaker 4: They even put the word gaming into the product gaming Cup of Noodle.
Speaker 2: It's all like rainbow colored with like light rain bolts on it. Can you just add caffeine to anything? Is that how caffeine works? Okay?
Speaker 4: There are two different flavors of it, a black pepper and garlic one and a ginger curry version.
Speaker 2: Yes, it's good.
Speaker 5: Both sound good.
Speaker 4: It's not clear how much caffeine they're packing, but supposedly enough to give you a nice, big energy boost to keep you alert all night.
Speaker 3: Both are going to be available September eighteenth.
Speaker 2: Look at that, Jeffrey. You could give up your five hours and just move to noodles.
Speaker 8: You'll find one.
Speaker 4: The thing is, I have more food news. Oh, because Wendy's is doing it again, jumping into the giant falling leaf pile of beverages.
Speaker 2: Oh gosh, oh, you you better tell me. It's a pumpkin spice frosty.
Speaker 4: We just reported about their hugely successful strawberry Frosty the summer.
Speaker 12: For autumn, we're introducing just say it, somebody calm down two new items to the menu, a brand new pumpkin spice frosty.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and pumpkin spice frosty.
Speaker 4: Colds Brewers, you guys need to cut back on your caffeinated cup of noodles.
Speaker 3: Serious, that looks like frosty.
Speaker 5: Heavens, you need to lead with this.
Speaker 2: This is amazing.
Speaker 4: Both are going to be available September twelfth, and good luck to Wendy's for not running out by the first day.
Speaker 2: That looks amazing. Honestly, you know what diabetes in my body.
Speaker 5: If you're listening, you better move over, because.
Speaker 10: I mean it.
Speaker 4: Your next laser story is out of research headquarters. Someone get Kevin Bacon on the horn for this, no excuses. I say it because a real life study found that we all really do know someone who knows someone who knows someone who knows someone who knows someone who knows him.
Speaker 5: Degrees?
Speaker 2: Is it the six degrees eight degrees, seven degrees, six degrees separation?
Speaker 4: That's the claim that anyone on earth is no more than six social connections away from anybody else.
Speaker 2: No, I don't believe it. With Beyonce, there's no way I'm only six degrees away from her closer. Nobody is that close to Beyonce.
Speaker 4: A group of mathematicians just found that six really is the sweet spot. They found every new friend you add comes with an upside and a down side. The upside is your social network grows, but at some point adding new friends weakens your other connections and your old friends will start falling away.
Speaker 2: Yeah, oh they're crying, sorry.
Speaker 3: Old friends.
Speaker 4: In other words, there's an equilibrium, and they found the six degree pattern kept popping up. Like to say, it doesn't just apply to people, though, For example, it also works with viruses like covid.
Speaker 2: Okay, that that was a bummer, Like, why do we gotta add likes?
Speaker 4: Within six infection cycles, a virus can cross the entire globe. Speaking of six infection cycles, he's getting pre treated, ladies, so you got nothing to worry about. Some means, Blazer Stories has come to an end for the day. We'll do it again at the same time.
Speaker 8: On Monday, frooking Jeffrey in the morning.
Speaker 4: You know, we believe in karma on this show, and my co hosts are bout to receive a big dose of it.
Speaker 2: I hope it's good because in the world, we too have been putting out those vibes forever. Man, when does it come back?
Speaker 4: Each one of you in this room needs to think about how you were mean to me recently, Okay, and remember that because today it is Because as they say, what goes around comes around, or what shifts around rifts around.
Speaker 3: We're doing riffing around.
Speaker 4: And we encourage all of you to play along in your car. See if you can beat my co host and help me deliver some sweet karmic justice.
Speaker 3: We're gonna play coming up riffing around. You know it, you love it? You want some more of it.
Speaker 4: It's riffing around where I play a musical riff from a very famous song, and you just have to give me the title. Guys, And since kids everywhere are head back to class to get themselves educated, all of today's songs are going to be back to school themes, So keep that.
Speaker 3: In mind when you're doing this.
Speaker 4: Alexis, you have an advantage here because you were in middle school last year, so you're gonna be going first. Now, give me the correct title of this song.
Speaker 8: This song?
Speaker 2: Oh, I know it's clean.
Speaker 3: No, the title is what I need and you're out of town. Can you steal it?
Speaker 2: It's called teenage.
Speaker 3: Jose?
Speaker 5: What is it? What is the title?
Speaker 3: Oh, man, dumb? What's the title?
Speaker 5: Young broken? Dumb?
Speaker 8: Dumb?
Speaker 2: And which means teenage? I mean that's the same thing.
Speaker 4: No, no, you need to have the correct titles of these songs in order to get the point. You did really close on that, but we're moving on to Brook. I need the name of this classic school theme tune.
Speaker 3: Come on, really got it? What do you think I need an answer? Schoolhouse Rock Jose, School's out for summer schools out? All right?
Speaker 2: I hate this game because when you get it wrong and then you hear the right answer. I know that that's what it is.
Speaker 3: You're like so close, Jose, You're up again. You've taken the lead. What do you think? This school theme song is called.
Speaker 1: What am?
Speaker 3: I also favorites?
Speaker 5: Really the title Beauty School drop Out, Beauty School.
Speaker 4: Dropout from the sing by Franky was amazing.
Speaker 2: I can't believe that one of your favorite songs is only.
Speaker 4: One of the best movies of all time, so one of the best musicals ever. It's my ringtone, so deal with it. We're on a round to around. Alexis your back up? Here's your song?
Speaker 5: Okay?
Speaker 3: What's the title? What are you doing over there? Like mumbling through your teeth?
Speaker 2: I can't think of the title though.
Speaker 3: What is it?
Speaker 4: Ab?
Speaker 8: Okay? Yeah?
Speaker 3: Just like you learned in school one?
Speaker 7: Two, three?
Speaker 5: Or that's another of this game? Is you overthink?
Speaker 3: Like?
Speaker 2: That's all I have one point right now?
Speaker 3: Brook is last place? Right now? Was zero? Correct?
Speaker 4: But here's your chance to get on the board. Brook named this very popular school theme song. Come on, Brook, think you've weeped along to this You've weeped along to this song?
Speaker 2: I think when they when they take the kid to school, remember and your dad drops you off at.
Speaker 4: The You're just talking at me.
Speaker 5: No, No, chick Strawberry.
Speaker 3: Why that's why Taylor Swift, you belong with me. It's all about drama at school.
Speaker 4: She's in the bleachers, cheerleader, your cheerleaders. I don't have to hit you over the head with school. Okay, you seem a little sour grapes because you have zero correct. Both of Jose and Alexis tied you too. Jose, you've heard the song thousands of times.
Speaker 3: Name it.
Speaker 5: Wheels on the ball.
Speaker 8: That's why.
Speaker 1: The lyrics there it is.
Speaker 3: Jose, you have now taken the lead with three correct?
Speaker 1: How am I winning in a school like the irony?
Speaker 2: You know what? You should take pride in that I should.
Speaker 5: The only good thing I've done about.
Speaker 4: This is the third and final round, Alexis, shout out the name of this school, banger.
Speaker 2: I love this.
Speaker 5: Airplane.
Speaker 2: No, I don't know the full I know it.
Speaker 3: You need the title, correct title, I know.
Speaker 8: I know, I know.
Speaker 2: By like me by the plane something. I know.
Speaker 4: Planes, paper planes by m I A. We're gonna switch it up for you on this one, Okay. If you need to give me the movie that this song is from again school themed.
Speaker 3: Think that very very famous movie.
Speaker 2: Famous movie you.
Speaker 3: Gotta think about when you're in school.
Speaker 2: Would I know, is this like a theme song? Okay, I'll go mean girls.
Speaker 3: What do you think? Because they were mean.
Speaker 5: Sixteen candles?
Speaker 3: Alexis what do you think?
Speaker 2: I know?
Speaker 3: Alex from you.
Speaker 2: Not high school musical lame? I don't know. It's that old guy with the orchestra, right.
Speaker 4: That would be the theme to the notebook, because when you're in school, students write things down in notebooks, at least the good students do, so maybe that's why you guys were so far off on it. Anyway, Jose, back to giving the title again, think school things.
Speaker 3: Name this song.
Speaker 8: What I.
Speaker 3: Don't think, Just think school related things.
Speaker 5: Yes, I feel like I know this. I don't know recess.
Speaker 3: Let's run with scissors.
Speaker 4: The correct answer was the electric slide. Yes, electric buggy. Electric slide slides are in school.
Speaker 2: Okay. You know it's not good if you have to explain every correlation.
Speaker 4: I didn't say the game was perfect, Okay, but it is school related anyway, because the winner of riffing around with three correct Jose.
Speaker 2: Fair and square.
Speaker 3: I graduated.
Speaker 4: You know more about school than anybody in this room.
Speaker 2: A master's degree, Yeah, from Juilliard.
Speaker 5: I don't know who that is.
Speaker 4: It's riven around back to school edition. I'm jeff chunky cheerleader debau. Who's got your phone tap coming up?
Speaker 8: Brooking Jeffrey in the morning.
Speaker 4: Out of everybody in this room, who would be the worst HR person?
Speaker 3: I'm just gonna say it, Jo.
Speaker 1: I didn't want to be selfish, but I was gonna say no offense to that.
Speaker 4: But that's why we had him pose as an HR rep. And today he calls an office worker who's been nervous about layoffs. We want him to know he is fine, His job is safe. It's just corporate is making some changes that are quote in the best interest of the company. Yeah, I'm sure he'll understand in your phone tab right now.
Speaker 13: Another Hello, Good morning?
Speaker 1: Hi?
Speaker 5: Is this Phil?
Speaker 6: Yeah? This is Phil?
Speaker 14: Who am I speaking to?
Speaker 5: Hey Phil? My name's Heywood Jabloni. I work in human resources. How are you doing today?
Speaker 14: I'm fine?
Speaker 6: Thanks?
Speaker 3: Oh just fine? Huh.
Speaker 1: I was hoping you were going to be in a better mood than just fine before I told you this news.
Speaker 3: No, I'm in a good mood.
Speaker 14: What do you want to tell me why are you calling.
Speaker 1: Well, you probably heard that we're reducing our workforce.
Speaker 3: Right, Oh.
Speaker 6: Oh my god.
Speaker 1: No, no, no, listen before you get ahead of yourself, You're not getting laid off or anyone in your division.
Speaker 5: All your jobs are safe. Okay, take a deep breath.
Speaker 6: Okay, I was kind of worried for a seconds there.
Speaker 5: Oh, sorry about that. No, you're you're fine.
Speaker 1: We're just taking all your vacation days away. Yeah, you typically have around what twenty twenty vacation days?
Speaker 5: I see here?
Speaker 10: Right?
Speaker 3: Yeah, by Friday, you'll have zero.
Speaker 6: How does that make any sense?
Speaker 3: Well, I mean ulous.
Speaker 5: You would agree this is a tough time for the company.
Speaker 13: Yeah, well I understand those things.
Speaker 1: Well, if you're saying that, think of how hard it is for the people above you getting paid way way, way more.
Speaker 5: Those guys are stressed.
Speaker 14: I'm the ones who's stressed paycheck to paycheck.
Speaker 1: Well, sure, I mean it's it's tough for everybody right now, but.
Speaker 3: Especially for the guys at the top.
Speaker 15: What about with so much uncertainty, they can't even golf more than twice a week.
Speaker 5: Think about it.
Speaker 1: That's why recently they all met and said, hey, how can we help this company and take a tax free vacation to the Bahamas.
Speaker 5: A vacation.
Speaker 1: Oh sorry, a tax free vacation to the Bahamas.
Speaker 14: Bare vacation for them.
Speaker 5: I know, right, it's it's a tricky thing to do, and so this is why they got creative.
Speaker 1: The accountant said, it has to be on the company dime. So if you take all the employees vacation days away, we can legally write it off, the whole thing, including the alcohol.
Speaker 14: Joke, right, I mean it sounds like some kind of freaking joke.
Speaker 5: No, no, it's not. Hey, we appreciate your sacrifice. Don't think that you're going unappreciated.
Speaker 14: Friends, I'm not sacrificing anything. You took it away from me.
Speaker 3: Well I didn't give it again.
Speaker 1: We appreciate and understand everything you've done. No, that's why, as a token of the company's gratitude, you and everyone in your division will receive four small chocolates in a plastic box.
Speaker 6: How does that help.
Speaker 1: It's not gonna be available to Christmas because's what we get the discount.
Speaker 6: Oh, it's unbelievable.
Speaker 5: I knew you'd be excited.
Speaker 6: What's wrong with you?
Speaker 5: Chocolates small chocolates.
Speaker 10: I have to.
Speaker 5: I don't want you to think they're like bars. They're just like bite size chocolates.
Speaker 6: Fit is not right.
Speaker 14: I cannot lose my vacation days because corporate to get hammered in the Bahamas and I get poor, lousy chocolate.
Speaker 1: That is one part I didn't tell you. It's not just the Bahamas.
Speaker 5: We're also going to the Virgin Islands.
Speaker 14: So wait a minute, why are you saying, Lee, you're not going on the trip you're in human resource.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, I didn't mention that part. They're bringing HR. I have never been outside the country. I couldn't be more excited.
Speaker 14: And they're just gonna leave us here with nothing and lost days.
Speaker 3: And don't be.
Speaker 1: Thinking you can use your sick days to get time off.
Speaker 5: We put a temporary freeze on that.
Speaker 8: Now.
Speaker 1: You need to email us if you think you're gonna be sick at least a month in advance.
Speaker 6: How do I know when I'm gonna get sick.
Speaker 1: I won't be checking my email though I'll be in the Bahamas or the Virgin Islands.
Speaker 5: I personally, I agree. I would blame this on Keisha. She's the one who set.
Speaker 14: You up for all of this, Zha, What I ain't see going on that trip too without Mayne.
Speaker 1: She'd definitely like to, but she decided to a prank phone call on you instead, which I appreciate.
Speaker 15: What are you talking about, idiots, because this is actually Jose for the raidershow Brook and Jeffrey in the morning.
Speaker 5: We're doing a phone tap on you man.
Speaker 6: No way, Yes, he just said there's.
Speaker 1: Been a lot of tension in the office lately because of layoffs, so she wanted to light in the mood.
Speaker 6: I cannot believe he did.
Speaker 3: That's hilarious.
Speaker 5: He neither. Oh you know what you need?
Speaker 1: You need a vacation. You meet Bahamas tomorrow.
Speaker 5: What do you say?
Speaker 6: I guess we'll have to go quick because you're taking all my vacation days. We got the Friday, got go all right?
Speaker 1: Well, truth is I probably belong more in the Virgin Islands because I'm a Virgin. You get okay, I'm gonna stop the prank phone call now, this part isn't funny.
Speaker 8: Wake Up every morning was phone taps weekday mornings on the twenties, freaking Jeffrey in the morning.
Speaker 4: A lot of listeners may be surprised to hear this, but I'm not always.
Speaker 3: This charismatic and Chart twenty four to seven.
Speaker 5: No way, Yes.
Speaker 2: You wouldn't. I would never guess.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I have my off days.
Speaker 2: Oh wow, Josh, I.
Speaker 3: Know people in studio are surprised to you.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it just shot.
Speaker 4: But the one thing that always gets me right is downing half a dozen five hour energies right before the show starts and spiking them into the garbage.
Speaker 2: That is not medically recommended.
Speaker 3: I know it's not, but call me crazy. It works.
Speaker 5: Crazy.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's why I understand the predicament.
Speaker 4: One of our listeners was facing during his date because he walked into the restaurant and knew he was not feeling.
Speaker 3: One hundred percent.
Speaker 4: Oh there was only one thing that could save him, and he had to take it out of his pocket right there in the restaurant.
Speaker 2: Okay, did it.
Speaker 4: Cause a scene, maybe, but he claims it instantly got the night back on track. You're gonna find out what that was in your brand new second Date.
Speaker 3: Update, Next Second Date up dated You guys. Ever heard of the Rocky dating act hack?
Speaker 13: Yeah?
Speaker 3: Dating hack.
Speaker 4: A lot of guys use it when they're about to meet up with someone. You show up to the restaurant ten minutes early. Slide into the bathroom. You get down on the floor and bust out of tight fifty push ups, so your chest gets nice and swollen.
Speaker 2: You're on the floor of the bathroom.
Speaker 3: Yeah, rock does it in like a meat cloth.
Speaker 5: Yeah, you're with a bunch of.
Speaker 3: Meat like a group workout in there. And then your tape shows up.
Speaker 4: They see you all puffed out in masculine and suddenly they're thinking, Wow, I didn't know I was on a date with secret hercules.
Speaker 2: All right, don't shake his hands.
Speaker 5: Popping girl.
Speaker 4: Yeah, that's one of our listeners emailed us, saying he didn't just do push ups, He squeezed in an entire workout before his date, and he's wearing ab He may have overdone it.
Speaker 3: So Jack is his name? Jack? Do you think you were too yoked for your date?
Speaker 6: He jacked up?
Speaker 2: Jeffrey, he's a jacked up like that.
Speaker 13: I'm gonna do that Rocky trick from that lawn. I think that's the way I'm going to do it.
Speaker 2: Can't you guys run some stairs or do something outside instead?
Speaker 3: Not if you really care about this person.
Speaker 6: Yeah, I didn't work out in the bathroom.
Speaker 3: Oh that's mistake number one. We're going to call that all right.
Speaker 2: What'd you do, Jim?
Speaker 8: Gross?
Speaker 6: Yes, I worked out a Jim.
Speaker 13: It was a pretty intense workout, and uh, I showered. I rushed straight over to the restaurant to meet her.
Speaker 2: I know, after a big workout, like I will shower and then I'll still be sweating for the next half hour. Is that your issue?
Speaker 6: No, I mean I sweat, definitely.
Speaker 13: I blasted D A C in my car, but once I arrived I could tell that I was totally drained.
Speaker 3: It's just got a little tired for the day. We got the girls name that you met up with yet? What's her name?
Speaker 6: Courtney?
Speaker 3: Courtney? Okay, so what.
Speaker 2: Was that first interaction like then with her? If you were exhausted?
Speaker 6: Well, it was great. I mean she was great.
Speaker 13: She was really nice. She got into our conversation. She was asking me a lot of questions.
Speaker 6: It was It was good, but I.
Speaker 13: Felt bad because I couldn't keep up my other side because again, I was just I was like a wilted piece of lettuce sitting on an old musty burger.
Speaker 2: Oh wow, that is quite the analogy. Yeah, did you get food?
Speaker 10: Well?
Speaker 6: This is the thing.
Speaker 13: We ended up going to this restaurant that is a great restaurant, but it's a little slow. But the good thing was is that I can always dip into my energy emergency reserves. So I always carry this thing around just in case I ever need it. And I definitely needed it. But I have a can of pre cooked shrimp.
Speaker 9: Where say, caffeine pills?
Speaker 2: Why you like coffee?
Speaker 13: Yeah, you know, it does nothing for me. I needed the protein.
Speaker 3: After you work out, you need nutrients, not just caffeine.
Speaker 2: Did you pop a tin of shrimp at the table?
Speaker 6: Yeah, kind of, not exactly.
Speaker 13: I first asked our waiter if the kitchen could open the can of shrimp.
Speaker 2: And keep it classy.
Speaker 13: Oh yeah, okay, and the waiter kindly said no, they can't do that.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, you can't bring your own food into the restaurant and have them cook.
Speaker 2: It for a corgage feefine.
Speaker 13: Well, eventually I convinced them to bring it to me, the can opener, that is, and I said, it's kind of urgent. It's an emergency, you know, really shrimp emergency.
Speaker 2: What is your face like? Where is she at? What's her vibe? When you're doing all this.
Speaker 6: I don't know. I mean, maybe that's why she's not called me.
Speaker 13: But you know, the rest of the date was really awesome, and I think she was pretty cool about it, like she understood.
Speaker 2: And I just can't imagine how stinky that is.
Speaker 4: I can't imagine how turned on she must have done down that shrimp right at the table.
Speaker 2: Oh, maybe she wanted you to offer her some. Maybe that's why she's calling you back. Did you offer her an?
Speaker 6: I did?
Speaker 13: I did offer some, she politely declined, Yeah, sure, gentlemen.
Speaker 5: Your cocktail sauce at home. Yeah.
Speaker 13: I know it sounds bad, but I was depleted of protein.
Speaker 6: I needed it.
Speaker 9: It's like one of those things like why didn't you got your car or just any other protein?
Speaker 2: Eat you any other I can guarantee she's not thinking, Oh, I can't wait to kiss this guy later after his canned shrimp.
Speaker 4: You were saying that after the shrimp, after you downed it, you felt better and things got back on track.
Speaker 6: Yeah, everything was great.
Speaker 13: You know, we were written about our favorite movies and shows and we were making each other laugh. So I really believe that the shrimp saved the date.
Speaker 3: Oh wow, I don't saved by the shrimp.
Speaker 2: Well, okay, so that's not what was wrong. That was what was right.
Speaker 3: Thank god for your emergency shrimp. How did the night end.
Speaker 6: With a hug and talk about another gate?
Speaker 2: And that's good sign?
Speaker 13: I think so too, And I'm a little shocked, like she's not getting back to me.
Speaker 2: Really well, are you going to need to down some shrimp before we make the phone call? Are you feeling okay?
Speaker 10: Geez?
Speaker 6: Non proteined up? Don't worry.
Speaker 4: I don't appreciate the snarky attitude coming from my co host and the skepticism over there.
Speaker 2: Timing man, like you had time between the gym and the showering and the driving to have done the shrimp without it being.
Speaker 1: He's proteined up now he's probably four eggs and seven class.
Speaker 13: I recognized that it wasn't the ideal time, but I explained everything to her and why it works for me, and she understood, Oh that's.
Speaker 2: Good, it's good.
Speaker 4: After that, Well, I don't know how you're feeling right now, but if you have to blend up a little seafood smoothie for yourself, we'll come back.
Speaker 3: We're gonna call.
Speaker 4: Courtney and try and get you your second date update right after this.
Speaker 6: Okay, I just took out an oyster thing.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, Oh it's gonna get romantic too. All right, we're gonna do it next. Hold on, second date update.
Speaker 4: I know whenever I need a quick protein verse stop. I turned to the sea and all of her bounty.
Speaker 2: Oh, come on, I think the song is right for it.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's say to say.
Speaker 5: Oh listener.
Speaker 4: Jack is a seafood lover because he busted out a can of pre cooked shrimp in the middle of his first date because he was feeling depleted after an intense workout right before, and shrimp apparently is a great source of protein if you're gonna pinch Yep, did I not say shrimp?
Speaker 2: I don't know. I didn't hear you.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Brooke is trying to forget this entire thing.
Speaker 2: It's like you're at a restaurant. You couldn't have waited the ten minutes more to get the appetizer.
Speaker 4: Apparently the service is too slow at the restaurant where they were at. Jack even himself admits it might have seemed a little bit odd, but the shrimp ended up saving the day for him, because those little prawns got everything.
Speaker 3: Back on track.
Speaker 5: Yeah, they did.
Speaker 4: Afterwards, him and Courtney had a great time together at the restaurant. Jack, I appreciate the tip. And how would you feel if I told you? Right now we're getting a lot of text into seven eighty five, nine to two from dudes who are saying they're gonna start doing the same thing on their dates.
Speaker 3: Ye, emergency, shrimp stash, any.
Speaker 5: Sea life, I mean cucumbers.
Speaker 2: It'd be good for our options of having a lot of second dates.
Speaker 13: Jack, Well, I appreciate that. That's affirmation right there.
Speaker 2: So we got we all remember she's not calling it back right like, we all remember that.
Speaker 5: Yeah, we gotta follow his instructions.
Speaker 2: Okay, it's like two steps back, one step forward. Is that where we're at?
Speaker 3: You were for single? Yeah, I'm optimistic for you, Jack.
Speaker 8: Yeah.
Speaker 4: I know we're giving you a hard time about it, but I could see it was an emergency, right, you.
Speaker 6: Know, I think it is.
Speaker 3: I think its a joke.
Speaker 4: But let's just call Courtney. We'll see what she has to say. Try and get you hooked up with her one more time. Okay, all right, okay, we need to help Jack.
Speaker 3: Okay, I'm down your number be.
Speaker 4: Shellfish okay, Jack not very optimistic.
Speaker 3: Hello, Hey, we're looking for Courtney.
Speaker 10: This is Courtney.
Speaker 4: Hey, Courtney. Well, you're on a radio show right now. It's called Brooke and Jeffrey in the Morning Morning.
Speaker 2: Are you doing Courtney?
Speaker 3: Hello?
Speaker 2: Are you there?
Speaker 3: Hang up?
Speaker 2: I'm here just processing.
Speaker 3: Sorry.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I know that's a lot coming at you. You never answered our question.
Speaker 10: I didn't I didn't hear it.
Speaker 13: Is this a no no?
Speaker 4: This is a segment that we do call the second Date Update, okay, and we're trying to help out one of our listeners that you went out on a date with recently named Jack.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, yeah, remember Jack?
Speaker 2: Uh huh oh okay?
Speaker 10: Is that so this is like you're calling me and then you want me to go on a second date kind of.
Speaker 4: But you know, basically, we've talked to Jack a little bit. He told us about the time that you two spent together at the restaurant. He says he's tried to reach you a few times and you're not getting back to him. So we're just trying to help give him a little bit of clarity. If there was something bad that happened, if something's going on in your life, we just don't know.
Speaker 10: My life is great.
Speaker 2: That's good. Okay, way do you go, Courtney? Did you like Jack?
Speaker 10: I saw Jack was a nice guy.
Speaker 3: That's a good thing.
Speaker 2: I feel like there's a butt Courtney, Like, what's the he's a nice guy.
Speaker 10: But did he tell you about the shrimp?
Speaker 13: Oh?
Speaker 4: Well, yeah, talk that happened that there was a can of shrimp that came out.
Speaker 2: And there was a lot of questioning on our end, like about his timing.
Speaker 4: I'll show that, but from our understanding, it was like an emergency where he needed to do it or else the date was going to really tank.
Speaker 10: That's what he said, you know, And I understood that, and I think, like I said, I think he's a nice guy.
Speaker 2: Can you walk us through like the shrimp moment? Like this guy pulls out a can of shrimp that.
Speaker 10: Well, we're sitting at the table, and so then he flags down the waiter and he's like it's an emergency and his body needs protein, and I just feel like I'm on a TV show or something. I'm looking around to see if there are cameras. The waiter is as perplexed as I am. And he got the can opener finally, and Jack opens it right there sure, and we hadn't gotten far enough in the date for me to even tell him I'm a vegetarian.
Speaker 3: Oh oh no.
Speaker 1: That doesn't help eating tiny animals right in front of you.
Speaker 3: But he doesn't know about you.
Speaker 10: No, and absolutely he's not trying to be rude or anything like that. But it was it was more that I couldn't see myself with somebody who's opening a can of shrimp at the restaurant.
Speaker 5: If califlower, would you have been.
Speaker 10: Happier, it would it would have been less awkward.
Speaker 2: Probably you can't see himself with a man who carries emergency shrimp in his pocket.
Speaker 3: That's not shrimp shame, that's not fair.
Speaker 10: As I was trying to see past the shrimp. He then proceeded to reach in his pocket and pull out a boiled egg.
Speaker 2: Wait, ye, hard egg too.
Speaker 10: You got shrimp and eggs, And straight he pulled an egg out of his pocket.
Speaker 2: The eggs, he's like an addition of protein.
Speaker 5: Yes, yeah, for real.
Speaker 10: He was like, oh, man, man, I can't believe I forgot about this, which is oh, I should have thought.
Speaker 13: Of this earlier.
Speaker 10: I'm so stupid, and the smell was just too much for me.
Speaker 3: Well, eggs were in his mouth on the date.
Speaker 4: There might be a little egg on his face as he's listening to this, because you didn't know this, Courtney.
Speaker 3: But Jack's on the other line right now.
Speaker 10: What what are you talking about?
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's how this segment works.
Speaker 2: Sounds like he's in the background opening it up.
Speaker 3: Another kid, Jackie there.
Speaker 13: Oh yeah, yeah, Hi Jack, Hey, Hi Courtney. Yeah, I'm sorry that it was such an awkward start. Honestly, if there had been any other way for me to go about getting protein, I would have done that. But it was necessary.
Speaker 4: So I mean, you were technically at a restaurant where you ordered protein in pinch.
Speaker 3: But I understand Chicken, you know your payics. It's an emergency. You do whatever you have to do.
Speaker 10: And I understand that too, But I didn't think you would misunderstand me not responding. I thought it was pretty clear.
Speaker 13: Yeah, I mean I had a great time on the date, and yeah, maybe that that was a weird way to start, and so I apologize for that.
Speaker 2: I will say, to Jack's credit, like he's coming in pretty level headed after hearing I mean, we were pretty brutal on him.
Speaker 3: That's a good point, Jack, What is the frequency?
Speaker 4: How often do you need to dive into your emergency proteins.
Speaker 2: That I mean, he's putting it in his pocket on the daily and forgetting where.
Speaker 5: I want here the whole time.
Speaker 13: It's called the emergency stash for a reason. It's it's a rare time that I go in there. So it really was, in my opinion.
Speaker 2: He can't open her.
Speaker 6: Or get a pull tab or.
Speaker 13: Something like that.
Speaker 2: I just imagine them like being married way down the line and she's trying to help with laundry and.
Speaker 5: Pocket pulling out big legs of flayout. This is starfish. What is going on?
Speaker 6: You guys aren't helping right now.
Speaker 4: Sorry, but if anything, Courtney, you can hear that he's being such a good sport about this. He admits that it wasn't the best look for the first date.
Speaker 3: He just didn't know what else to do.
Speaker 4: So if you're willing to give him another shot, we would love to send you out on a second date at Red Lobster.
Speaker 2: Oh, she's a vegetarian. What she can to do? Just eat the.
Speaker 10: I mean, Jack, I appreciate you and I'm glad we can like laugh about this, And honestly, I'm sorry I didn't just tell you I was offended. Now I'm realizing how important it is to me that I date somebody that is also a vegetarian. Oh what, So it kind of took the situation to be extreme, and that's that I realized, You know, what am I going to have in common with someone if our lifestyle habits don't add up?
Speaker 6: Yeah? I mean, look, I get it.
Speaker 13: I'm somebody who does this for my body, for my health. You do that for your body and your health, and I respect that.
Speaker 5: So I really wish you guys to reconsider it.
Speaker 4: Sounds like an excuse to me, Jack, Like she if she really felt that way, she probably would have told you it before the date happened.
Speaker 3: You turned her off from all meat eaters forever.
Speaker 9: It just takes you apparently, all right, Jack, Well, I'm sorry, man, but I remember there's always plenty.
Speaker 4: Of other fish in the sea, shrimp and crustaceans.
Speaker 3: All that you can eat.
Speaker 2: It's a bucket. Yeah, so albacore, Okay, okay, freaking Jeffrey in the morning.
Speaker 3: I'm surprised.
Speaker 4: I felt like I was in the minority calling her out for using an easy excuse to get out of the second date.
Speaker 2: No, I don't think it's an excuse. I really truly think that that was a revelation for her. Yeah, Like I think that she had an epiphany.
Speaker 4: I'm a vegetarian and I'm only going to date vegetarians.
Speaker 8: Yeah.
Speaker 2: I think that he made her realize that that's what she wanted.
Speaker 5: I smelt that shrimp and was like, I don't know.
Speaker 4: I feel like she if that was true, Like, if it's true, that's totally fine.
Speaker 3: But I feel like she would have said it at.
Speaker 4: Some point in her dating profile, or mentioned it during her date, or even after her date, at.
Speaker 2: Something point know that it was something she needed.
Speaker 11: It up with us Until the very end of the call, she wanted to seem nice. Where we asked her out, she's like, actually, I think at this point I'm only going to date vegetarian. The phone with us, I'm not grossed out by him eating shrimp, and that's not the problem.
Speaker 3: It's that he's not a vegetarian.
Speaker 2: Maybe she was trying to save his feelings.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I think, And maybe this is apropos for the moment, But something's fishy about what she said right there, like a.
Speaker 5: Zucchini, And.
Speaker 4: So I'm gonna give her a pass say okay, she skirted her way out with an okay excuse.
Speaker 2: I think she's literally on a vegetarian dating app as we speak.
Speaker 4: I think she's gonna go out to a steakhouse with Ramsey on her next day.
Speaker 2: She's looking for tofu boys.
Speaker 3: What she's looking for, Well.
Speaker 4: Whatever type of man or boy you're looking for, we'll try and hook you up with them.
Speaker 3: Just email the show. We'll call that person.
Speaker 8: Wasn't calling you, man, freaking Jeffrey in the morning.
Speaker 4: We've been seeing a lot of performers lately postponing or just canceling shows on their tours.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, I feel like having all.
Speaker 4: The time, I know, but I don't want you guys to ever worry about that happening here with.
Speaker 5: Me, okay.
Speaker 4: And it's it's not because we have literally nothing else to fill this time slot with, or because management told me I will definitely be fired if I don't get up there and sing. It's because I genuinely care about our listeners.
Speaker 2: Jeff I believe that. After the first two things, I know it's true.
Speaker 4: And that's why today I promise you, no matter how unwell I am physically or mentally, no matter how scratchy my throat is even if I'm highly highly contagious.
Speaker 3: Wait, I will be here.
Speaker 2: No, I don't want you.
Speaker 12: I'm spread my song no matter what.
Speaker 2: Have you heard nothing in the last three years, Jeff.
Speaker 4: I will gladly die on this microphone if it means I can bring you my new song.
Speaker 2: Join me.
Speaker 3: I don't want to my song coming up at eight ten. It is time for my song of the week.
Speaker 2: With what you're worried and how this is coming in so low?
Speaker 3: Like, are you turned on right now?
Speaker 4: Because we're getting into a very exciting time of the year. Look upon that tree out there broke. You see that, No alief just fell. It's an alder tree, like your son. And just like your son, he's probably falling at school right now.
Speaker 2: No, he does fall a lot. He doesn't fail anything those days.
Speaker 3: Fine, kids fall.
Speaker 4: Yeah, you're probably thinking I'm singing about the start.
Speaker 3: Of fall and children falling. Yeah, but no, we're not quite there yet.
Speaker 7: Okay.
Speaker 4: There is something else though that we've been anxiously waiting for that is finally here.
Speaker 3: Okay, the start of football season.
Speaker 2: Baby, Jeff came it in a jersey. You've got eye tape. I black under your under your eyes. There you are ready.
Speaker 4: Talking pig skin warriors, blood thirsty three hundred pound linebacker's attempting to rip the head off the opposing quarterback. The intro is sweet, sweet smell of a severely dislocated ankle.
Speaker 2: I don't know if I'm at the ballet or I'm at a football game. Jeff happen.
Speaker 3: It just warms the heart, doesn't it.
Speaker 4: But I will say there is one issue with football season, and that's when you have other events and obligations that you're supposed to be at and like friends and family and kids who need your time and your attention, but the.
Speaker 7: Game is on.
Speaker 4: Yeah, get out of your Are you supposed to put a pause on that for the next five months?
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's a big conundrum.
Speaker 3: Sure, answer is you don't pause. Oh you don't. You have to have a plan.
Speaker 4: Yeah, that's why I'm gonna help all those football fanatics in need to day for how to do your obligations while still sneakily watching the game.
Speaker 3: Both.
Speaker 2: That's why useful.
Speaker 4: Instead of singing Kelly Clarkson's big hit, since You've been gone, it's young, Jeffrey's football is on.
Speaker 1: Hear it already.
Speaker 3: I'm gonna point.
Speaker 4: When I'm ready point, I'm getting wed to my best friend, said my vows with one AirPod and yeah yeah.
Speaker 3: Because football is on.
Speaker 4: My pregnant wife, she screams, it's time chill out, babe.
Speaker 3: Jets are on the goal line.
Speaker 4: Hold it in, the game's nearly done. When I'm at my daughter's great school play, she thinks I'm filming her debut, But I'm really streaming Egal Saints because football is on.
Speaker 16: At my can't there, Why by I get dripped as I want?
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, I got bad news.
Speaker 6: I will fired believe in words.
Speaker 4: My football team lost Sunday Masks with Pastor Sean. I'm in the pews with my jersey on, say a.
Speaker 3: Prayer, convert for them.
Speaker 2: Law.
Speaker 3: Just want to lock myself in my man cave, stick.
Speaker 11: My body to the couch with glue.
Speaker 3: But instead I had a big court day, same time as kickoff on the sand.
Speaker 6: I check the small twise just what really picked up?
Speaker 2: Again?
Speaker 16: Yeah, said, don't say same again.
Speaker 4: But I bought.
Speaker 16: Seehus Caring Romance Zack Brew because when I cheered se fives a crown, I mustad men and Terry and Jimmy and Hallie.
Speaker 8: Are my sister?
Speaker 3: Why no, honey, I wasn't watching the game over your shoulder.
Speaker 5: I didn't even notice.
Speaker 3: It was twenty three.
Speaker 4: Seconds left in overtime, thirty eight no timeouts, only seven yards of field goal range.
Speaker 3: I was paying attention to you. I'm sad, Grandma, come, but don't wait? Is during game time?
Speaker 16: My funk finger when yeah, grant it's true, So you're dad, just sime number one.
Speaker 3: On the season only laugh a show maybe five to six month game. Yeah, interviews.
Speaker 4: I'm going to check CPR.
Speaker 8: Stop it, gott a check.
Speaker 10: Let's put that. I laugh.
Speaker 3: Because football is on. Yeah, football is on, My precious football is on.
Speaker 2: Die because of your love of football, just.
Speaker 3: Enough for me to watch the games.
Speaker 5: Football back, baby, anyway, no matter what, I guess.
Speaker 2: I love that and it made me really sad.
Speaker 4: That's the highs and lows of the football season. We're gonna ride it all the way into January and February.
Speaker 5: I feel like Terrry and Howie and all the guys are like my sister. Wise again, they really are.
Speaker 3: They're part of the family, part of the broadcast.
Speaker 2: Any kid out there that is expecting their parents to pay attention to them on Sunday.
Speaker 5: Sorry, yeah, school just started again.
Speaker 4: The games off text in seventy five nine too, tells we thought about the song of the week on the Brook and Jeffrey Instagram, on YouTube, TikTok, everywhere with all the lyrics.
Speaker 2: I'm gonna share it. I'm gonna share it with all my people. I was thinking my dad, but you know, don't share it during a game.
Speaker 3: Though, share with your sister wives.
Speaker 8: After song of the week, Brook and Jeffrey in the morning.
Speaker 4: Got a text to seven eight five, nine to two that says, Jeff, your song was funny. That's nice, but as a trained em T, please don't ever stop CPR to check on sports scores. Every second counts. I mean kind of the joke that I was making. Yeah, I mean the whole pumbato didn't do any of the things that I was singing in the song.
Speaker 2: No, we're gonna do all of them. Jeff, I'm bringing a foam finger to my grandmother's funeral.
Speaker 3: Yes, exactly, because if you missed it.
Speaker 4: Instead of singing the Kelly Clarkson hit songs since You've been gone, I sang my own.
Speaker 3: Called football is On.
Speaker 4: For the return of football season, especially for all the fans who need a plan to watch games when they're supposed to be doing something else. We want to encourage everyone, no matter what is happening, football takes top priority every time. Seeing a lot of feedback on the textboard, Brooke, what.
Speaker 3: Are you seeing?
Speaker 2: Oh man? This one says, I make a list of chores for my husband to do before he's allowed to turn on football. Oh yikes. What he doesn't know is that as he's going down the checklist, I secretly duck out to my she shed and watch the games on my iPad. Oh this sounds.
Speaker 4: But if you missed it, or if you want to hear the song again, share it with someone that's pumped up for football season like you are.
Speaker 3: Follow us on YouTube at Brook and Jeffrey. Also on our Facebook, Insta and the Brook.
Speaker 4: And Jeffrey TikTok, which, by the way, recently passed six hundred thousand followers.
Speaker 2: So rad I mean, hey, thank you for following us on TikTok. It means a lot thanks to all of.
Speaker 8: Our awesome listeners, Brooking Jeffrey in the morning.
Speaker 4: The official first date of fall is September twenty third. Yeah, but doesn't it feel like it's fall already.
Speaker 2: Yes, yeah, no, I refuse. I love to live in summer.
Speaker 4: I am not giving it up, but it just doesn't feel like it anymore. And I know our player today, Karina loves the fall. She says she loves the pretty colors, the weather changing, and digging up dead animals in her backyard. Oh wait, no, sorry, No, that's my fall tradition that I do every year.
Speaker 3: You have to do it before the ground freeze is over.
Speaker 2: Makes sense, Are you with them, Karina?
Speaker 3: Yeah, Karana, you into that too.
Speaker 14: Oh I don't know.
Speaker 6: I don't know about that.
Speaker 3: Give it a try. It's a lot of fun.
Speaker 2: I just think, like fall, everything's dying and everyone's like, oh beautiful.
Speaker 3: But see that's the thing. If you dig up the animals, they're already dead.
Speaker 2: Oh brock, animals are buried back there.
Speaker 3: It's part of the mystery, it's part of the fun.
Speaker 2: It's what you play in the spring.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you gotta check it out.
Speaker 6: Come along.
Speaker 2: This has somehow gotten so weird that I'm just going to excuse myself early.
Speaker 5: Yeah, well, dark, we.
Speaker 4: Could have talked more about it, but okay, I guess we'll just get to the game. Karina, you got thirty seconds answer as many questions as possible.
Speaker 3: Koreena. If you don't know when, you could say pass, but you have to beat her outright to win. Are you ready?
Speaker 7: Yeah?
Speaker 4: Okay, your time starts now. Today is national ampersand Day. We use ampersands in writing to mean what word?
Speaker 6: Okay?
Speaker 4: The car manufacturer Volvo has its headquarters in what country China? What type of olives typically go into a Greek salad? What airline uses the slogan keep climbing?
Speaker 8: Uh?
Speaker 10: American airline?
Speaker 4: Laura Jean is the real name of what famous a teat blonde actress?
Speaker 10: One?
Speaker 3: Yeah, okay, that's fine.
Speaker 4: Brooks are gonna come back into the studio. And is there an interesting fact that the show should know about you?
Speaker 3: Karina? What's something interesting we.
Speaker 8: Need to know?
Speaker 10: I'm a caregiver. I just started and I'm probably going to delay it to my job. But it's okay, just.
Speaker 2: Started and you're already. I like that you're in the it's cool latitude.
Speaker 3: She's given her care to us this morning. Yeah, we appreciate that, Karina.
Speaker 2: Hearing about other things care.
Speaker 3: Acceptors, caretakers. No, wait, that's the same thing as a caregiver, a caretaker.
Speaker 2: It feels like, hmm, don't call yourself that like a care passer buyer. You're like the care Switzerland.
Speaker 3: That's what we are. Karina, Okay, Careina.
Speaker 2: Yeah, sorry, it's meant to.
Speaker 3: Be your turn. Your time starts now.
Speaker 4: Today is National amper sand We use ampersands in writing to mean what word and the car manufacturer Volvo has its.
Speaker 3: Headquarters in what country?
Speaker 2: Sweden?
Speaker 3: What type of olives typically go into a Greek salad?
Speaker 2: I always say he's wrong cal a l A m A t A wow, calamada kalamada.
Speaker 4: What airline uses the slogan keep climbing delta? Laura Jean is the real name of what famous petite blonde.
Speaker 2: Actress Marilyn Monroe.
Speaker 3: Okay, let's let's go to the scoreboard and see how you both did with jose.
Speaker 1: No sounya you got zero, bun had a great game.
Speaker 8: You got four?
Speaker 4: Sorry about that, Karina, Let's get these answers in real quick. It's National amper Sanda. The amp saying is used to represent the word and car manufacturer Volvo has their headquarters in Sweden. It's headquarters in Gothenburg. Type of olives that go into a Greek salad typically Brooks right, Kalamada, I got there. The airline that uses the slogan keep Climbing is Delta, and Laura Jean is the real name of Petit Blonde actress Reese Witherspoon.
Speaker 7: Oh huh, Norma Jean was Marilyn Roey.
Speaker 5: Even if it made me think of that access and that's where she.
Speaker 8: Was a Jean.
Speaker 3: That was a good one actually.
Speaker 4: Now, Karina, unfortunately can't give you any money here, but just for playing you do win a twenty five dollars Disney gift card valid at any Disney resort, theme park or online in the Disney Store.
Speaker 8: Awesome.
Speaker 2: Yay, all right, Well, do you have fun playing with us?
Speaker 10: Yeah? Sorry, I'm off my game today, but I'll be back.
Speaker 2: I appreciate it.
Speaker 3: Worked out for Brooks fine with me.
Speaker 5: Yeah, some great care.
Speaker 10: Yeah, yes, I'm gonna try to hurry up and get there.
Speaker 4: Okay, thanks for playing, Karina. We'll be back to do Windbrooks Bock same time on Monday.
Speaker 8: Brooke and Jeffrey in the morning