Speaker 1: Two Teas in a Pod with Teddy Mellencamp and cam Rid Judge.
Speaker 2: Hi, guys, welcome to another episode of Two Teas and a Pod, but today it is just one tea and we have a very special guest, Jessel Tank from the Real Housewives of New York. Jessel is a fashion publicist who has worked for her Conde Nass International, Stella McCartney, Selene, Victoria Beckham, Michael Cors and Westfield. She currently runs a boutique agency called The No that specializes in consulting to newly formed brands. She is also busy launching her own e commerce platform that aims to make Southeast Asian fashion more accessible. She also has a big voice on New York. We have a lot of questions for her, so I am so excited to bring her in. Make sure that you follow her on Instagram and that you're watching The Real Housewives of New York because you don't want to miss anything that's going on there. Oh oh, hair, you look hot.
Speaker 1: You know.
Speaker 2: I like that hair length. I think the hair length it's like fresh and youthful and sexy. I'm into it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I need it. Do you know when you watch yourself on camera on TV and you're just like, fuck, I look like such a dump. Like I like, my hair was long, didn't have layers. It was like just lackluster. And I literally just went to my hairstyle sound was like, do what you gotta do? Just chop it all off.
Speaker 2: Yeah, That's why I felt about my upper lip my first season. I was like, what am I doing here?
Speaker 1: But it's so crazy that you can't fix it because it's like camera right. So like even for me, I'm like, oh my god, Like what do way people get facial work done? Have to watch themselves on like TV for four months straight, Like there's definite things you can improve.
Speaker 2: And it's easy. I'm like, Okay, there's this little thing called boattoks. You get a lip flip and all of a sudden, not so much of my gum is showing.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but you know, the Bravo fans are gonna notice every little thing, and it is so insane. I don't think anyone has paid so much attention to me, like since I mean not even my husband to be fair, so kind of it's crazy.
Speaker 2: I know everyone notices every little detail. Every Yeah, I have a lot of questions. It's just me today because Tamar is filming the Real Housewives of Orange County reunion today.
Speaker 1: Oh God, bless her.
Speaker 2: Do you want to Orange County?
Speaker 1: I don't. I don't, but I love Tamra. We've been talking, we've been dming. She's been amazing.
Speaker 2: Okay, good, I know she loves you. We you know, we always say everybody's only as good as last week's episode. So we're like, some weeks we're like, we're loving jess On some weeks we're like, no, why why did you?
Speaker 1: I know it's about But listen, I think I think I had my like I have my down like I started, look you know what I mean, Like I think I started. It was a rocky start for me. But hopefully people are starting to see, like, I'm not that serious and funny. Like, you know, it's not that it's not that serious people.
Speaker 2: It's not that serious. I agree. So of course, there's one question that every single fan wants to know the answer to. But I'm gonna wait. You're gonna have to listen to the majority of the podcast guys before I even ask it. But I'll start out with I'll give you some softballs to start. How's that all right?
Speaker 1: Let's start easy. How let's start easy.
Speaker 2: How did you get asked to be on the Real Housewives of New York And did you watch any past seasons prior to starting?
Speaker 1: So, being British, it's not really a thing there, and I note that a lot of people are so I mean, they are so in completely enamoraged with the show. I wasn't like that, but I did watch Rony just because I lived in New York and so for me it was it felt like, you know, you're you're seeing the city, You're seeing the women living in the city. It felt like I could connect. So I was an early Roney fan. Bethany was my girl back then, but I was a fan of Ronie. But look at the end of the day, it's a show about six women living on the Upper East Side. Like it was a very, I guess, small microcosm into what the city actually it has to offer. And so when Bravo We're going to reboot, I was very interested off the bat because New York is a multicultural, multifaceted, diverse, you know, it's a melting pot of people, and for them to want to showcase different types of women from different walks the life was very exciting for me, and they were looking for an organic group of friends, which you know we are and they have it.
Speaker 2: And leading on to the show, who were you closest with? Because I feel like we missed some stuff because when I interviewed Aaron, I hadn't been able to watch the show yet, so I didn't really have any backstory. It feels like we're starting like a couple of weeks into filming. Like the first episode, I'm like, all right, there's ship we've missed. We know there's a girl that's no longer on. So how long did you guys actually film before we're seeing what we actually are seeing?
Speaker 1: Yeah, it wasn't that long. I think it is exactly right. It was about two weeks.
Speaker 2: Two weeks. But who did you come on close? This with?
Speaker 1: Uber and I share a common best friend. He's actually someone that I've known. He's one of the very first people I met in New York. His name's Justin. He's he's in the entertainment world and the film producing production world. So Uber and I have him in common, and so he's kind of the missing link between us. She's someone that I connected with off the bat, just we have so much in common. She's also just my favorite person to be around.
Speaker 2: She seems so fun.
Speaker 1: He's the best. She's the person that you want to do everything with, Like she's so easygoing and positive, right, Like you want that that type of energy around you. But you know, again, being in fashion, it's a very small industry, you sort of know each other. Jenna and I knew of each other sign I have rubbed shoulders of course a million times. Brian and I share her common best friends, and really the only person I didn't know that well was Aaron Okay was born into the fold with the girl that is no longer. So it was, yeah, I think it was you know, for us that we're already in the fashion industry and we're very much like it was like one degree of separation.
Speaker 2: I would say, that makes sense. And then there are rumors that you left Texas and moved to New York City specifically for the show. Is there any truth to that?
Speaker 1: No, it's so funny. I keep bringing this up. But when that rumor came out, I think the Sun like did an article and it was like Donald Trump's like mugshot on one side and then my face on the other. I was like how is it the headliner news? Like this is so crazy? People? Look, did I live in New York City my entire time that I moved? My husband's from LA. We got married in twenty fourteen, and we moved back to LA. Because when you get married, you're like, shit, I have to buy a house. I have to like invest in like a future. And so we thought California was going to be that place for us when I had the twins. The twins were actually born in LA. When I had them, all I wanted was my mom. It's like, I need their family, I need I need support, I need a support system. And so we had very much been talking about coming back to New York, just because it would be a really good middle ground from London and then from LA as well.
Speaker 2: In the how but hold on to really get it down to it, how long before filming were you back in New York.
Speaker 1: Oh, I was talking to a realtor in January of last year, but we had actually moved to New York last summer. I was talking to producers, but nothing was solid. I mean I think it was. I was asked to be on the show late summer. I think it was like August time and I was already here. I mean, you can't just uproot your entire family, find a place in New York, get everything set up and start filming for a show, right, and so like it's just it's not realistic. People. I would love for that to like my magic wand and just like whip it up, But it didn't work like that. Like we were in New York a good I would say, three four months.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so but you were living in New York prior to that too, so you actually have had some roots in New York prior very much.
Speaker 1: I mean, my all my close friends are here. I met my husband here, I started my career here, and you know, it's it's also New York is a place where like you never really leave, you know, and being in a fashion world, even though I was living in LA I would come back to New York at least once a month, at least twice a month for work purposes. So I had to call myself by coastal And you know, we never really, we never really truly leave. I mean we're here for almost a decade.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and then you said that you did used to watch Ronie. A lot of bands are comparing you to Ramona saying, you both say things you are unaware of how they come across. Who do you agree and if not, who do you compare yourself most to.
Speaker 1: Ah, that's I mean, that was interesting to me. I've bot have been called the villain on the show, which is kind of crazy because I'm the sweet little Indian girl and now I'm being like villainized. But I do say what's on my mind. I think my delivery and my tone a lot of it comes from the fact that I am British. I have a very dry sense of humor.
Speaker 2: I've heard that one before.
Speaker 1: Come on, It's true. And I gotta tell you, when I first moved here it was a strung I mean I moved here in two thousand and six. It was kind of a struggle. People don't really get my sense of humor off the back, you know. So I felt like I was going back to that moment on the show where you sort of have to people have to get to know you a little bit more to really get a grip of who you are and how you act. And even with the way I talked to my husband, everyone's like, oh my gosh, such a bitch to him. But like we've been I mean we've been Mareth for ten years and we have a very real relationship. It's not like I sit on his lap and make out every five minutes. It's not real shit, you.
Speaker 2: Know, yeah, that's it's not reality, and you actually are sharing it. Which will get a little bit more into that in a second. But what would you say the biggest surprise to you once you started filming or watching this back has been other than being the villain, which I've I've been the villain as well. I've also been like this sweetheart, Like every year is something different, So you have no idea, like we all have eighty two personalities. It's called, you know, being a mom.
Speaker 1: And wearing a number of hat I know you're wearing so many hats. What was the most surprising thing to me watching it back? I think it for me it was people are so quick to jump to a conclusion. I think it was like episode one had aired and all of a sudden, they had made up their minds on who you are right after watching Like maybe it was like twenty minutes of me on the on the show and they had literally created this entire narrative for me. I'm getting a divorced. I'm I'm route to my mother. I have no manners. I mean, it was a whole thing. They almost created this like avatar of who Jessel is and that which is very I think I thought I had more faith in people. I thought they would like give me the benefit of the doubt, like not to just make such snap judgments off the.
Speaker 2: Bat, you know, right, would you say that your tagline season is is true to what you are? I think it's I always bring the flavor. It's not my fault. You don't have any taste. What were some of your other options? And do you still stand by the tagline? I've had some of the worst, by the way, Oh my.
Speaker 1: God, Well it's funny. I just spoke about this. I wanted something that I mean, fat well, it's it's how do you pick a sentence that basically describes like you like, it's so hot for that right? And so I struggled, and I actually was talking a good friend of mine. He's a writer for Condeas Traveler and for Wall Street Journal. He's also a huge real house I spent and I was like, look, I don't want to use the word spice because that's so cliche. I'm Indian like Dah, and so I want to like have something that's you know, fun, that's a nod to fashion, that's a nod to my background and my culture, but not be so obvious. And so we worked together and we ended up with that, and I think it's perfect because you know, I do bring the flavor. I'm very I think I'm very animated, and I bring a lot to the show and a lot of people don't have the taste because they can't get with the programs.
Speaker 2: They can't they can't figure it out.
Speaker 1: Not figure it out. Yeah, exactly.
Speaker 2: And you can't say Uba because we already know she kind of gets along with everybody. But who would you say now once you're like finished your first season that you're closest with other than Uba, And then is there anyone you're not currently talking to?
Speaker 1: Yeah, I think I've always been very close to Jenna, you know, Lingerie gate Aside. We have always just she's someone that I really respect, first of all, and she's also someone that I would like got check things with, Like if I think something, you know, if I'm about to make a big move or I'm about to do something or say something, I'll call Jenna, and she'll give me the advice and it's perfect, I would say, like undercent of the time.
Speaker 2: But do you feel like she's trying to produce you to say what she wants you to say, so she doesn't do the dirty work?
Speaker 1: Good point, No, I don't think I think Jenna. I think Jenna outside the show is Jenna, Like she really truly is herself, and she gives really good advice and she has a very good radar on things and people, and so she's someone that I really do confide in. I think the other person is Sigh, and that's someone that you know, it took me a while to warm up to Sigh. I think she she has a very hard exterior, but I respect her a lot and we share, you know, our lot for fashion. And she's a mother. She also has a son call Leo, so we have a lot of common in that respect.
Speaker 2: And then anyone you're not talking to, there's.
Speaker 1: No one that I'm not talking to. I mean, there's definitely people that you know, I'm not as close to like you. I mean, do you know what though, I would have said Aaron, but that's not true. I think that Aaron and I we had some grow pains. But I think that we're good, Like I'm good with everyone. I really am Switzerland are her with Tori Beka? So okay, No, but I know it came across that way. I was, I know exactly what Tribeca is. I was walking to that coffee and in that moment I noticed like three or four new restaurants that I'd never seen before. I was like, oh, this is crazy. There's so many new things popping up. And in my head, up and coming wasn't the right term, first of all, but in my head it was like, oh, there's so many new places. Tribecca in itself is not somewhere that you go to socialize. I think you have a nice dinner there. There's some great restaurants. Is it the place where you go like and you make plans and you go with your girlfriends to have like a crazy night.
Speaker 2: No, it's very It's a place you live, and it's they have beautiful rights. It's beauty hearts and condos, but not you know. Okay, so that was your point. It wasn't. It's not like the hot, fun place to go.
Speaker 1: It's yes, all.
Speaker 2: Right, yeah that makes sense that up, Well, I don't know where the Rainbow Room premiere party was. But I did hear that you may have thrown up. Were you sick or were you wasted? What's the deal?
Speaker 1: I wish I was wasted. I swear to god, this was Can you imagine? Like that was my foray. That was the premiere, that was like the kickoff to the season. And I had just flown in from Greece the day before I flew in, I flew back. I left my family in Greece and I flew back for the premiere and I was feeling fine all day. I was halfway down the red carpet and I started of feel like dizzy and nauseous. So I took you know, I took a seat, had some water, hadn't drank not even a drip of anything at this point, and all of a sudden, it was just downhill from there, and I I was I was about to go home. And NBC's team was like, listen and just gonna announce you guys. Can you do you feel like you'll you'll be able to take a picture? Do you think you'll be able to do it? And I was so I just thought, you know that feeling where you're just you just want to throw up, like it was that wave of nausea just came. It was like coming like this. So I said, yes, I did the picture. I had security escored me. They were literally like I was like, I gotta go. They were scorting me out. So it looked like, Okay, this girl's like unruly, she's taken something, she's drunk. I get it. I took one step out outside of the rim and I just yeah, I just couldn't hold it in. It was so bad.
Speaker 2: It could be worse. You could have been like the diarrhea person on the plane from like going a loanable.
Speaker 1: What the hell was that delta?
Speaker 2: Get that was kind of great? So I did, Like I heard the audio now and they're like then they screamed vanilla blah blah blah, and they wanted Then they land and had to rip out the carpets. I'm frightened for the day they were leave. Who this poor person is that like couldn't keep it together, Like my heart is broken for that person, because you know what, when you gotta go, like I don't know what I would do, Like you try to hold your butt, like what.
Speaker 1: Are you gonna do that butt plug? Yeah, I don't. I don't know, but like, but can you imagine, like, okay, that poor person is on a plane. I mean, yeah, that that was not ideal, but there was so there was like half of New York Press was at that premiere. So then I come home, my husband tells me he's still in Greece. He tells me, hey, listen, I didn't want to worry you, but the kids are sick. I'm sick. Your mom is sick, like everyone was had it was like a bug. I was like, you a whole Why would you tell me? I went to the premiere and I threw up and he was like, dude, I'm so sorry. It was serious. He's like we have been to yeah exactly. And then the Sun of course, like the Sun is just not my friend right now. It was like page six of the Sun. They announced it and it was just but you know what was funny about that? And I talked about this a lot. I thought it was going to be my demise. I was like, this is is it? This? I'm ruined comment To the contrary, we were like iconic Ronnie's back, like it was loved. What is happening?
Speaker 2: People love to watch other people's pain hot mess. Yeah, they a hot mess, like a train wrack, any kind of situation. Anytime you think it's going to be bad, it's going to be your best thing. But something that I've also seen a lot about online is you and your cast have been very open about struggles in childhoods, and you specifically spoke about being an immigrant who had to work your way up in the US. But then all these people online accused you of attending an elite private school in London. Is this true?
Speaker 1: No? And you know what's funny about that is that episode air and somehow miraculously the next day someone made a fake website and basically connected me to the school that I've never heard of. It's SIMT. Paul's in Hammersmith, which is a very elite school. I think the fees are like forty thousand a year, which, by the way, is like my entire family's like household income at the time. So and someone posted on Twitter. I was a writer, and I messaged him and I said, like, this is not true, And I was like, I have pictures of where I went to school. I went to public school. Like I'm not going to make that. Shut up because it's everybody the Internet is a wealth of information, and I think being on a reality TV show, you cannot say something. If it's a complete opposite of what you're saying, people are going to find out.
Speaker 2: No, there's no escaping it.
Speaker 1: There's no escaping it. And I was mortified because I was like, shit, well I just said this, and now this is like it's so it's so far from the truth.
Speaker 2: And then you feel like if you double down and you comment on it, then people are gonna be like, now she's defensive, Like she's defensive.
Speaker 1: And now she's you know, she's she's lying, and she's she she did grow up, you know, in a certain way, And yeah I didn't. I mean, listen at I wish I had the means to go to an amazing elite for private school, like, but I didn't. My parents came from Africa to England. They started from scratch. We didn't have the means to do that. And I would That's not something I would lie about because that's effed up.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that would. We would be if you were lying about it, we'd be having a totally different conversation right now. But instead, I'm going to talk to you about something that when you were speaking about your IVF stuff. It really hit home to me. And I've shared this on the pod before because I also had the same, you know, type of type of issues. I had multiple miscarriages, went through IVF, and I know how trying it can be, and I can't even image and like having any keep that from my family. Even on my last round of IVF, I remember my dad and my husband looking at me and saying this, you cannot do this again. If this, if it doesn't take, You're done.
Speaker 1: Yeah, how many you to mind me asking?
Speaker 2: Honestly, like it sounds crazy, but I almost like blacked it out. But there was like six or seven rounds. I think I had a couple of miscarriages, a couple that didn't take it all, and then my last round of IVF, I just didn't you know how Like after a couple of days, I have you come in and check your numbers, I was like, it's Christmas. I'm not going to go check my numbers, like put put them in and then I'm going to go enjoy the holidays. I'm gonna assume I'm not pregnant, and then I'm just going to live my life and not be a stress case. And just see what happens. And I came home and checked my numbers two weeks after I was supposed to and they were like, he's thriving, and I was like, thank you God. So I mean it is a lot, So I know going through that. So it's it's kind of a tie in question for me because I know you shared already on the show, But when I was going through that, I was really struggling, struggling sexually with my husband and also post having my son because I had so much fear and so did he around having sex while I was pregnant because I was scared of having a miscarriage, like really scared. And then I put that on him leading up to even before the IVF process. How formulaic you have to make sex to try to get pregnant on the day of being ovulated, like all of that. So I just want you to know, like this is a common thing that women go through, and it's not just about like people I see people in like, well maybe she was more confident or this. No, like it's a trauma.
Speaker 1: Yeah no, And thank you for saying that, because I wanted to share the real reality behind IVF, behind infertility, behind postpartum struggles. Like it's real stuff that people really we have to a normalize conversation and be like, God, we have to be more sensitive to that stuff, Like you can't just assume my husband's cheating on me or things are going south in our relationship because of things that we went through. And it was I don't know how long your process was, mind and to end was four years. That's a long time going through something. It was a big part of my life, and it really you change who you are as a person, right, Like I wasn't the girl that was going out and having fun. I was eating vegetables all day like because I thought that would help me get pregnant, and sleeping at eight pm and drinking tons of water and I cut out alcohol, Like I became a completely different person.
Speaker 2: And it was and then if you have any postpartum like I had postpartum anxiety and like where I just became obsessive about every thing and trying to control every part of our life even after my son was born. And then that added a whole nother level of stress. I mean it took over a year for us to get back on track.
Speaker 1: Yeah, thank you for saying that, and it's exactly what happened to us. And you know, the twins were I too write, so they were born premature. They were in in the Qan intensive care. I slept on the floor in the nursery from like the day we brought them home to like six months in because you know, there's like all this just stuff that you're worried about is in new mom and I don't care. I don't care what people think because at the end of the day, I'm better for it. My husband was patient, he was so supportive, and you know, we have an amazing, thriving family. But I did bring it up, and I know people are like, oh, shock, horror, Like you know, she's talking about this stuff on National TV. It's real stuff that we have to talk about as women.
Speaker 2: Right and normal not normalize it and be able to say, like, I'm not getting emotional hearing you when you said nick you because my son was in the nick you too. But when you're trying to find yourself post having a child, the last thing you're thinking about is like being this sexual icon to your significant other, Like you know, things that you maybe were willing to do before you're just not And then I remember going through a stage. So if you guys are listening and this has ever happened to you, I remember going through a stage where I was like everything he did pissed me off because he wasn't able to fix my concerns or my worries or whatever it was, or anything he said about my clothes or my body or any like. I just wasn't in a place to hear it. And I think you have to have those hard conversations. And now we've set up like people joke, but I'm like, we've set up a set schedule.
Speaker 1: Yeah, can I get on that? Like? What is? They share it with me?
Speaker 2: Okay? So the sex schedule is like we know our prime times when to have sex. Star So like, I don't are your kids in preschool yet?
Speaker 1: It's starting next week? Yes?
Speaker 2: Okay? So well, first off, have you guys had have you have you gotten in yet?
Speaker 1: Have we gotten into preschool?
Speaker 2: No? Have you gotten it in?
Speaker 1: Oh? Yeah? Oh yeah, I've two I've two years down the line now. So it was you know, it's crazy because also I think it was Aaron that was like just that sex for two years. It was really only a year because I mean, I well yeah, it was. It was about a year postpartum that I was kind of in this like funk. But yeah, watched the show. Guys, we don't do it on TV, but like, you.
Speaker 2: Know, it's still going to be a bathtub scene. I really hope, because I love when housewives do bathtub scenes.
Speaker 1: No, there is no bus. That's a little too expated. But we we being on the show and talking about this stuff actually lit like uh, you know, a fire rounder my ass because I was like, hey, like we got to get we got to get ourselves back on track. And it's very easy to get comfortable and to like, you know, right the wave of reading a book in bed and pulling us. I mean it's very easy. It's very comfortable. But I needed this to happen, you know, you know.
Speaker 2: And plus like even as you're watching in back, you're like, oh, these are things I can do differently. I remember seeing that too. But essentially the sex schedule is we know once the kids go to school and before we like start work, like after we've done our workout is like our best time. So we have like we don't actually have in the calendar, but like the morning of to kind of get the other person in the mood we write one like we say wiki because we when we were so broke when we first started dating, the bed would always go like I likecky, So we say wiki, like at nine point thirty. And so then it's like this like running joke as we're trying to get the kids ready for school or head out to work or whatever it may be, and that we know we're going to meet, and then it's we kind of hold ourselves accountable to doing it, and then it just becomes easy and it's like effortless and it's like, Okay, we know we're doing this, and then once you do it, you always like it. But it's getting to do it right.
Speaker 1: It got too active, like doing it because by the end of the day, I mean, you're so tired and you're like god damn, Like this is a lot. I don't want to do bedroom acrobatics, you know right now?
Speaker 2: Like yeah, And also like the hardest part, which guys, listen, it's talking to your significant other about what you like now because that changes also after you have kids, Like there are certain things that I maybe liked before that I didn't like, you know that I don't particularly love now or vice versa, like it's just opening the dialogue. So I appreciate you talking about it, But do you think that How's Povett felt about watching the show back? Because you guys do have that like bickering, you know. I feel like he's he's got the same sense of dry sense of humor that you do, which is why you guys get each other. But I don't know that necessarily people see it, even the Vietnam and going for the sandwich and all that kind of stuff.
Speaker 1: So's he's amazing. I true, Like when we when we signed up to be on the show, I told him you are going to be the breakout star. Like he's so likable, he's so funny. People love his humor. And by the way he's been ranking there's something called the Real Housewives Power Ranking that a different Ira does. He's been in the top three for the past three weeks. I'm like, you're not even on the cost And that's how That's how much like I knew people were going to love him. He's really funny. He's the best partner in all of this. He truly is. And he knew how important it was for me to share, you know, all the struggles we go through as women, and he took a he took a backseat, and he can kind of let me air out all that personal stuff on national TV. But was so amazing about it.
Speaker 2: Well that's great, And then where are you with thinking if you want to go through the journey again?
Speaker 1: You know, I mean, you know more than anything, it's not easy. I can't get pregnant naturally, So I have to go through the whole like shit again, you know, it's it's going to be tough. I really want to do it. I don't know if he's mentally there yet, and I have to respect that, Like, I'm never going to push it on him. I think he's he's completely traumatized. Our twins are crazy, and so I'd like a person into the mix. It's going to be in my push him over the edge. But it's TBD. We haven't said yes or we haven't said no yet. But it's a conversation.
Speaker 2: It's a conversation. It's an open conversation, which then you could you could also you know, I don't know, would be like me. I really thought I could never get pregnant naturally. I went through all this idea of all this whatever, and then at age thirty nine, randomly got pregnant. Uh didn't know I was pregnant till fifteen weeks, Like, yes, I had no idea. Everybody on the cast at Beverly Hills thought I had mold poisoning because I kept saying, like I feel sick.
Speaker 1: I never what the hell anyway?
Speaker 2: So I was like, there's no way I'm pregnant, So you never But like either way that I do, like how much that you share and what But did you get your way on the sixty thousand dollars of Montessori school?
Speaker 1: I didn't. No, I lost that. I mean, He's always been a win when it comes to like making sense, you know. But what's funny about that. Another thing that people like probably don't get about me is when I'm making an argument, I go into the brain of it. So when I brought up Tom Cruise, his favorite movie is Top Gun, and I was like, oh, if I say, why you brought up.
Speaker 2: Like he didn't even see his daughter anymore?
Speaker 1: I know, But I knew if I brought up the fact that his favorite I mean his Tom Quise is not his favorite actor, but that's his favorite movie. So maybe if I make the connection he'll be like a little bit more like open to it, and no, I still lost it. I mean he's very practical. I still lost it.
Speaker 2: But you gave it a good shot. So we have some rapid fire fan questions to ask you. Okay, who has the most to answer to for at the reunion?
Speaker 1: I think it's gonna have to be Erin.
Speaker 2: Aaron. See, I think Aaron's like a shitster, but like I, I kind of appreciate it, Like she keeps the story moving. She repeats ship multiple times, like I feel like you kind of need that. Yeah, true, it makes sense. Okay, who from the cast has the best fashion?
Speaker 1: I think it's a toss up between Si and Uber. I think they have a very very cool individual style. And I know the fan favorite is Jenna, but Jenna just was dNaM all the time, like anyone can do that. She looks amazing, She's always rocking. But I think in terms of like actually tapping into like trends and stuff, it's going to be Uberan inside.
Speaker 2: Okay, So then now I hate to ask it, but the worst fashion?
Speaker 1: So I don't think anyone has the worst fashion. I think that we all have our own individual styles. Some styles resonate more than others to me. So I think that like someone like a Genaine Errand, like you know, they are very very like go next door and how they dress.
Speaker 2: So you're saying they're basic.
Speaker 1: You said they were basic.
Speaker 2: No, I'm basic.
Speaker 1: I think that I think that they do with what they dress, how they feel comfortable. I will wear sequence that poke me in the off and I don't care because I just want to look more and more.
Speaker 2: So who was telling the truth and cheesegate?
Speaker 1: Oh, I gotta tell you, I don't know. It was such a cluster of like different viewpoints and so many conversations happened, and I wasn't part of everything. But I think it's gonna it's gonna be aired out at the reunion.
Speaker 2: So yeah, all right, fine, Who would you let decorate your home? Jenna or Aaron?
Speaker 1: Jenna? I like Marble, that's why.
Speaker 2: Okay, who would you let style you? Jenna or Cy?
Speaker 1: Oh?
Speaker 2: I would say, si, who has the best sense of humor? And who has the worst?
Speaker 1: Uba has the best sense of humor? I the best? Actually, friend.
Speaker 2: Bren is good in her confessionals.
Speaker 1: It is so good. It's a toss up between Uber and Bran. I think the different types of humor. Uber is very witty, but Brynn just her delivery is like on point like she is. She is like Chris Rock funny. She's so funny.
Speaker 2: But would you be annoyed if Brenn said to Povet what she said to Aaron's husband at the renewal vows or whatever?
Speaker 1: It was much worse to pu It to be fair, like, I I know, I mean what I'm saying is Brin there is there is literally not one bone in her body that is intentionally trying to get your man. Like she's just funny, She's.
Speaker 2: Trying to be funny, She's just okay, worse humor.
Speaker 1: Then I think Aaron needs to work on her delivery. I can meaning of timing?
Speaker 2: Ill, How did I know for season two? Which cast member do you feel will come back pandering to fan reaction? Like you know how some people will read what is said about them on Twitter and then they come back that new person. Yeah, I think it'll be like that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, yeah, I get it. Man, I don't know. I don't think anyone really because we are so like I don't care what people anything, anyone cares what people think of them on this coast. I really don't.
Speaker 2: I do love that we see you guys actually natural. You're not all glammed out twenty four to seven when you're at home with your kids. You're actually at home with your kids. Kids are doing regular things, throwing fits, being their pants, like whatever it may be.
Speaker 1: We don't have time, And I think that was one of the one of the things that we said as a group. It's like, we're not gonna sit in broad daylight with a full face of makeup and hair done, nails done, everything like it just we don't have the time to do that. We don't have two hours in our data to look that way.
Speaker 2: So is brand always wearing real fur I don't know if it's real, but she does love it, and she has a fur on. I feel like it's one hundred degrees and she has a fur on. I'm like, what is happening?
Speaker 1: It's so funny. The best line was when Uber was like, Brent looks like she's from the Mississippi River, like down She's like down in the Mississippi. Or she looks like a pimp, like down in the Mississippi, or something to that effect. But it was hilarious. It was so funny.
Speaker 2: And does Uba ever get into it with anybody this season? Because she seems just like so cool and chill. But I want to know, is there ever a moment?
Speaker 1: Yes? There is? Oh, yes there is. Do you haven't see the trailer.
Speaker 2: I have seen the trailer, but I feel like it's they always trick you. I feel like the trailer leads you to believe things are going down, and then it's like somebody got a phone call from their realm and they're upset, and like, I mean, I just watched Salt Lake City, this whole flash forward and where I was thinking in my head it was about gin Shaw, but really it's about something else that happens later, and I'm like, oh, damn, it that wrong, So I can't trust it.
Speaker 1: You got catfish? No. In our case, the trailer and what you've seen on the trailer is real life stuff. Yeah, it happens, and it's that it's that dramatic.
Speaker 2: So I'm excited to keep watching. How many episodes do we have left?
Speaker 1: So we're episode nine. I'm not sure, but I think it's at least another five or six. I mean, I don't know if the reunion counts in those.
Speaker 2: But yeah, do you think you have two or do you think you have two or three reunions?
Speaker 1: Ooh, that's a good question. I'm gonna go with two. But let's watch this.
Speaker 2: Space because I want three because that's yeah, I know, I know, I like, I.
Speaker 1: Told you, I'm hiding behind Andy, so whatever that means.
Speaker 2: Oh my gosh. Well, we we appreciate you coming on so much. We're loving watching you. Thank you for keeping us entertained. And you, guys, is there any products or anything other than the gen Alliance collapse that you guys are all going to put on your instagrams? Is there anything that you want to promote or talk about.
Speaker 1: My lashes today? Actually no, I mean, look, I'm launching my my e comms platform is bringing Indian designers to the US and the UK, which I'm really excited about. I'm all about the fashions and this is really my baby that I've been building for for a while now. So yeah, I'm excited about that and I haven't got into the whole branding world yet, but I wanted, Yeah, let's let's talk.
Speaker 2: I mean, yeah, that's the next thing, and just do it authentically whatever it is. That you believe in. As long as it comes off natural, then people want you, know, they want to relate to you. And so I appreciate all that you've done and being so open and authentic with us, and help you get messy later again too.
Speaker 1: Oh it's gonna happen. Don't work, Okay, don't work. I won't let you guys down, all right, thank you, thanks so much time. M hm
Speaker 2: M hm