Speaker 1: Today show is pre recorded. Y'all know what time y'all don't know y'all.
Speaker 2: All at all?
Speaker 3: Given them black a bu bus things and it's boozy listening to to.
Speaker 1: I want to.
Speaker 4: Joy, Yeah, Joy.
Speaker 5: You do.
Speaker 3: Turn love you?
Speaker 4: You got to turn well.
Speaker 6: I can't.
Speaker 3: I got to turn about turn you probably got to turn mouth turn turn A word of the money up, look me.
Speaker 1: Come come out you huh, I sure will. Good morning everybody.
Speaker 6: You are listening to the voice, come on dig me now, one and only Steve Harvey.
Speaker 1: Got a radio show. Man, oh man, oh man. You know what y'all.
Speaker 6: I mean, really, the goodness of God is overwhelming if you think about it, I mean, really really think about it, even when your circumstance doesn't look so bright, even when you're going through something that's causing you discomfort, pain, Even in that.
Speaker 1: God's goodness is.
Speaker 6: Actually overwhelming because don't forget why you're going through this moment. First of all, this too shall pass, but also secondly, remember man, ain't everything else that you've gone through that seems so insurmountable at the time, didn't you get past that too?
Speaker 1: I mean, it's amazing.
Speaker 6: If you really think about it, you don't get stuck on any one issue your whole life. The only people that get stuck on an issue they whole life is people who won't let it go. That's really all it is. There are people who exist, and you may be one of them. Oh please know, I've been guilty of it myself before, but I learned something. There are things in my past that I just would not.
Speaker 1: Let go of.
Speaker 6: It was done, it was over with, I was past it, but I I.
Speaker 1: Would not let go of it. It was over.
Speaker 6: The dude that did it to me didn't exist no more. The problem that it created didn't exist no more. The only problem that kept hanging on was I would not let it go. And man, you can't go forward if you gonna keep looking in the past. It's an impossible thing. It's like driving a car. If you keep looking only in the rear view mirror while you're driving, you're going to crash pretty soon. And a lot of people just keep crashing over and over and over and over because you won't drive your car.
Speaker 1: You keep looking in the real view mirror at the past. Oh woe it's me.
Speaker 6: Oh you know they did me like that? You know I ain't been the same since he cheated on me. Oh man, every since she stole my money, I ain't been the same man she played me, and ever since that I done treated women differently. You may have some deeper stuff going on, but eventually, guess what. Do you understand that when you have a relationship God with God, you can take that to him too and drop it off and leave it there.
Speaker 1: Do you know that he can fix and heal that.
Speaker 6: Maybe it's something serious like that that you need fixing or healing from a relationship with God can fix and heal that. But man, come on, y'all, whatever it is, and I'm not trying to downplay it or make it act like it wasn't traumatic in your life, because oh God, you don't want to you know, you don't want nobody to do that to you because you want to be the you know, the post a child for misery. So please don't let me take that from you. If that's your position, that's your hall of fame card you're hanging on to.
Speaker 1: I'm the poster child for misery.
Speaker 6: Oh no one is more woe than me than Please don't let Steve try to take that from you. You go ahead and hang on to that. But let me tell you something though. If that's what you're gonna hang on to, that's what you're gonna always be the poster child for misery. At one point in time, you're gonna have to get on and move past it. You Sometimes, Man, it's merely a simple thing of taking it to God and leaving it there. You know, some people don't have money for therapy. Some people don't even know who to call for therapy. God is the best psychologist in the world. He can fix it for you. There is nothing too hard for God. You know, when something seems impossible, y'all, God does the impossible all the.
Speaker 1: Time every day. You won't know how I know.
Speaker 6: I just look at a couple basic things. Do you know that that sun comes up every day in the morning. It comes up in the east and it sets in the west. You can't do nothing about that. All you can you can wish, because you plant at your flowers on a certain side of your house.
Speaker 1: You can wish all you want.
Speaker 6: Then maybe one day he would bring it up out the northwest, so those flowers will be No. Now, it's gonna come up out the east, and once the sun hits the horizon, when you look in the water, like if you ever out in la and you see the sun going down. Once the sun once you can visually see the sun touching the horizon, you have three minutes. You have exactly three minutes. You can sit there with your watch. You can timeyah three minutes and it's gone. Three minutes is gone. I read that somewhere and then I went and tried it. It's gone every day if it's clear enough, not cloudy. Once the sun touches the horizon. On water, you got three minutes. When the wind blows, you can't do nothing about it. He can bring it from the northeast, he can bring it from the west, he can bring from south. He can bring it hard, he can bring it cool, he can bring it hot. It's certain things that God does the impossible all the time. How those stars sitting up there? How can you find these constellations? The big dipp of the little dipper, Ryan the Hunter, Oh, that's godd Ain't nothing you can do about it. You can't reach them stars, you can't shoot at them, you can't move them out the way. Or Ryan the Hunter's belt, there's gonna beat them three stars out of ankle. You can call it what you want to call it. Still, that's what it is. See, He does the impossible all the time. He created heaven and earth. You're saying that God can't get you through your past. Somebody did this to me. It's the worst thing I had, the worst childhood of anybody. God can't get you past that. He can move heaven, mountains, Earth, he can form the Grand Canyon, he can make the water come over Niagara Falls twenty four seven.
Speaker 1: He can't fix yo little bitty past yours.
Speaker 6: It's amazing how people make their problems bigger than God. Somebody told me one time, stop telling God how big your problems are, and start telling your problems how big God is, and go on with your life. Quit driving your car looking in the rear view mirror. Ain't nothing back there but your past. And if it was hurtful or painful, or something you just felt like you can't get over, take your problems.
Speaker 1: To God and leave them there. You hear the old spiritual all you've heard it take your birdens to the Lord, leave them Yeah, all the time.
Speaker 6: But you think that applies to everyone, But you come on, man, A lot of people out there going through much worse than you have and have overcome it all. Why won't you take the step to overcome your past so you can get on with driving your car and see what God trying to take you. But it's a trick of the enemy. The enemy tricks you from seeing your future by having you constantly looking in your past.
Speaker 1: Man, it's a trick of the devil.
Speaker 6: If the devil just let you quit, if he would just let you get to drive in your car, look out into your future. Your future shows hopefulness. You have hope when you see the future. But he can keep you in misery if he keep you looking at your miserable past. God looking for you, man, God would love to hear from you. Let's spend some time talking to God today. Hey God, what's happening.
Speaker 1: It's me.
Speaker 6: I know I ain't talk to you in a while, but feel bad about that. But I need you.
Speaker 1: He know that.
Speaker 6: Everybody should say that prayer all the time. It's cool, all right.
Speaker 7: You're listening show, ladies and gentlemen, boys and girls, Welcome to the Steve Harvey Morning Show again, without further ado.
Speaker 1: I'm glad, I'm grateful.
Speaker 6: I appreciate God for waking me up this morning, giving me another chance, another shot, another shot at it, to make my dreams come true, to fulfill my mission in life.
Speaker 1: To finish up.
Speaker 6: I'm really sitting here just waiting to see what all God got for me, because I'm telling you right now, it's got to be something being coming for us right now. He has got to be. I'm just sitting here waiting and holding on. And you ought to understand that now. Whatever you're going through, man, whatever you're going through, is preparing you for what you ask God for.
Speaker 1: So let's get it on. This is the Steve Harvey Morning Show.
Speaker 6: I'm Shining, Shining, and whoa, I'm shining.
Speaker 1: That was a good time for a gospel song. That was it?
Speaker 6: Shining My sister own Peterson Shine. That was her favorite song.
Speaker 1: Shining.
Speaker 6: I Am Shineing, Shining, Brightened up by God. That was Sister Neill Peterson's favorite song. She the only one knew it because she wrote it on the way in Ain't nobody knows Shining but Sister are Neil Peterson, Sharlie Strawberry calling for real Mississippi Monica Junior, the government name kills fates and the legend that is the fisherman from the naw from the naw from the legendar and few tommic Well, uh, y'all, here's the deal today. We're gonna do the regular show right now, as promise, because that's what we do. We have an entertainment, motivational, uplifting show, informative, sprinkle with ignorance from time to time. And then today later on we're gonna get into some things on the all beery letter. Y'all been sitting there waiting all weekend. The waiting is over. We're gonna do what Strawberry Letter is gonna be live this morning. Yes, the only difference between this letter is at seven am Central time eight a m. Eastern time. Only good thing about this letter is I don't have to print this one out. Ain't nobody gotta ask me, Steve, you got your letterer printed?
Speaker 5: Naw?
Speaker 6: Hell no, living Yeah, I'm in the damn letter.
Speaker 1: We here's the damn letter. Set the fine. You know, all these years I've been thinking, man, did I write this Strawberry Letter? Well you can quit thinking today. Yep. Your ass is the straw.
Speaker 5: Lady.
Speaker 1: Jimmy Jr. What's going on with you today?
Speaker 7: Man?
Speaker 5: Well? Unk?
Speaker 8: You know?
Speaker 1: Man?
Speaker 9: You know this morning Unkie really did me wrong.
Speaker 8: Man, I don't know how to feel about myself right now, because you know you talked about me my headline, you're talking about it. I gotta come in here every day and watch my hairline go back. And it really really hurt me right there, because now I know now my headline is going back and you watching it every days on.
Speaker 1: The zoom right now, anybody that's watching.
Speaker 9: Like finding me.
Speaker 1: Oh okay, says Couse. It's gradual. Yeah. But see if we don't see you for two days, we could see an inch all the like right now, it's behind your head six right now. See, you really hurt me.
Speaker 6: Yeah, but it's okay though, Junior and Tommy we dealt with it. Yeah, it's time walk towards the light. You gotta walk towards the light.
Speaker 1: First, the headlines walking back coming.
Speaker 10: Up in thirty two minutes after the hour, we'll hear from Reverend Motown and Deacon death Jam and church complaints right after this.
Speaker 2: You're listening hard Morning Show.
Speaker 10: And it's time now for church complaints with Reverend Motown and Deacon deaf Jam.
Speaker 6: This morning we gavel o a seal in the most prosquivious way.
Speaker 1: Come out here now as we doublate.
Speaker 6: Down the road of exaltation, exaltation and as we back down the road of memorization, uh, contemplation and sometimes constipation. How you got we divefolate? Come on, die difolate, break that down if you would, well, if you diefolate, that's better than dying for early. See that there the words right there. You got to know how to use it.
Speaker 11: Come on, deacon, all right, let's get down the business here. We had a new member joined the church Sunday. We are so proud co Cooke Golf joined our great church.
Speaker 1: Them money Glass.
Speaker 11: Yes, and she wants to lead a ministry called backhand to hate Us.
Speaker 10: Uh.
Speaker 11: Members would be giving tennis rackets and she will teach them how to backhand to hate us. All right, but this needs your approval not the only problem we have is if them backhand hate us ministry get with them folding chairs.
Speaker 1: Were gonna really have a problem. Pass.
Speaker 11: But it's on you if you want to allow backhand to hate us.
Speaker 6: We're gonna allow anything or sister Golf wants to do.
Speaker 1: I watched the tennis tournament.
Speaker 6: Then they handed her her winning check yes, of three million dollars. According to my calculations, right after she joined the church, that should be three hundred thousand.
Speaker 1: Off the time.
Speaker 6: So she can be the backhand ministry, the four hand ministry.
Speaker 1: If she cut this check, she can be the minister. You leave, you know well quiet what you want to do? Show love that victory though.
Speaker 11: All right, here's another issue, Pastor, Brother Norris Fleming. Brother Norris Fleming came home early from work last week. He was feeling good and told his wife a joke. Now the joke must have been good because a man under the bed started laughing. Turns out, turns out it was Brother Tisdale.
Speaker 1: Uh, that's over.
Speaker 12: The senior choir bail is ten thousand for Brother Flemming, the brother Teesdale.
Speaker 1: And then I see you, uh, do we want to bail out Brother Fleming.
Speaker 6: No, we're not gonna be able to bail out brother Fleming, and we won't be visiting Brother Tearsdale. Or I noticed he was on the sick and shirty end. Listen, Yeah, he he got pretty bad. I was up at the hospital or coincidentally, I walked past the room and I noticed the clipboard, said Charles Tisdale.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but I looked in and I guess, Uh, Norris had whooped his ass so bad. I didn't.
Speaker 6: I didn't recognize brother flipping, so I know he's in there. And I walked, I walked past Tidale room, but I didn't even recognize him. So he's gonna be out down town. Oh he he whooped him something something.
Speaker 1: Well, from what I understand, he jumped.
Speaker 11: He jumped on that bed up and down two or three times before he actually got out from under that bed.
Speaker 1: So it you know he was up under that one thing about it, damn sure wasn't funny no more. That's for ship.
Speaker 11: Sure, he is another situation that's going on in the sanctuation. I don't know if you know nothing about this, sister, why need to put that as in the sanctuary on fifty and uh, the thermostat is stuck. Uh, it's her hot flashes again. My brother Nelson has put a space heater underneath his pure. Now everybody is fighting and sit next to him. You're gonna have to fix this. Well, it's really nothing I can do now, there's nothing there. The thermostat is stuck on fifty.
Speaker 6: Yeah, all of our older sisters in here is loving it because they controlling the hot flashes. Oh or brother or brother just got the space heater under his shot. I don't really know what we're gonna do about this hell full I think it's a fine opportunity to raise some money for the church. We're gonna be passing our jackets and scarffs next Sunday for four dollars a jacket, scarff rental for four dollars rental.
Speaker 1: You know, you.
Speaker 6: Really you got to give him back because you're gonna need four dollars for rental. You know we're gonna raise nice money off this hill. Look at God, Look at y'all, Look at God, all right.
Speaker 11: I think you might be able to talk him out of his brother Mason keep staring at his wife Lucilla.
Speaker 1: She asked him, why do you keep looking at me like that?
Speaker 11: He said the doctor told him to keep an eye on his blood pressure.
Speaker 12: They've been married fifty two years. He now wants a divorce. He said he would he'll live longer without her. Please, pastor, if please talk to him.
Speaker 6: Now, that is a true statement. I have been in one of those before. Personally myself, I had all that high blood pressure, cholesterol, he one seed number was high, yeah, quarters, all levels was high.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you know all of that.
Speaker 6: So you know, and the amazing thing happened the day of the divorce. Yeah, pill got pop. Got what nothing wrong with me? I could see better. I quit wearing reading glasses. Everything. Theod pressure got normalized. They want to see number drop, hortis on numbers got in line, red blood white, blue count level out, hormone balance got straightened out.
Speaker 1: Lost all my sleep.
Speaker 6: Appnel through that seapacked machine away.
Speaker 1: He'll me.
Speaker 6: Joint pain got better preparation. Next, I was just having an outbreak of hemorrhoids. They went a weave, Hi, glor ray for you all.
Speaker 9: All right, thank you, Reverend Motel.
Speaker 10: Reverend Moteln and deaf jam coming up next, it is asked the Chief Love Officer, you're listening Morning show coming up at the top of the hour and entertainment news. Eighty three year old al Pacino is in a custody battle over his three month old child after his relationship with the twenty nine year old mother falls apart.
Speaker 9: Jimmy Fallon Yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah, we'll talk about it.
Speaker 10: Jimmy Fallon apologizes to his staff for being a toxic boss. And Carlo will be here with some music news. That's all coming up at the top of the hour. But right now it is time to ask the clo. We're going to Logan and Oxford, who writes my fiance got drunk and admitted that he did a full background check on me and said everything checked out. He said he has trust issues. I got an attitude and left. The reality is I did one on him too. Should I admit that I checked him out too?
Speaker 6: Yeah? Let's start all relationship off with honesty. You see, ladies, you can't listen. Start all relationship off with on it y'all. The one says, y'all tell me the truth? Did he tell you the truth?
Speaker 1: Now you mad?
Speaker 6: You leave?
Speaker 1: And that's why we lack uh huh.
Speaker 9: I knew you were going to.
Speaker 6: Say lied like I told him to Lorna. Now she'd have wrote in now see all this could have.
Speaker 1: Been prevented had he just lied lies.
Speaker 6: All this could have been prevented. But oh no, and cause, listen to me. Don they lied? They want the truth so they can echo food. Don't do it.
Speaker 1: Don't do it, Kennick Tli Kenney, let it flow off your lips like honey.
Speaker 10: Moving on to uh Sime and Charlotte, who says, my husband loves oxtail stew because one of his ex girlfriends used to make the best. Okay, that is according to him, he decided to make it for himself last Sunday and he called her his ex girlfriend, in front of me for her recipe.
Speaker 9: He doesn't understand why I'm mad at him?
Speaker 10: How do I get him to understand how fool it was to call her?
Speaker 1: Only one thing? You know how you can finish. All you gotta do is stay mad.
Speaker 9: That's all you ain't got you damn what's gonna happen?
Speaker 6: Just stay mad? How you gonna get him to understand? Stay mad?
Speaker 1: You just want to be ingredient dog, That's all.
Speaker 6: That's all he wanted. But how stupid are you? How much do them ox tails mean to you?
Speaker 5: You?
Speaker 6: Yes, that you done told her she make the best and then call her to get the rest of these old last people right here?
Speaker 1: All everybody in this is over fitted.
Speaker 6: First of all, who the hell you know that's in they thought it?
Speaker 1: That even know how to make ox tails?
Speaker 2: Wool?
Speaker 10: Do you know I'm not in my forties, but I certainly don't know how to make it.
Speaker 1: You came up and I baby make some ox tails.
Speaker 6: Yes, one more time. Here is my statement and I stand on.
Speaker 13: It for you know, it's a forty year olds and how to make ox tails.
Speaker 1: What are you saying?
Speaker 6: My question is you know that's innate forty that know how to make.
Speaker 9: O you're saying you're too young. You're saying they're too young.
Speaker 1: Oh definitely yes.
Speaker 10: But Steve, you're saying they're too young to know how to make I'm.
Speaker 1: Just I'm just give me the person's name. That's all. There's all kinds of people who.
Speaker 6: I understand exactly what y'all saying. What y'all saying could be very factory. Here his his here's the standout statement. Y'all need to just to I asked, ain't in Jamaica.
Speaker 1: I don't know. Watch how y'all ain't seeing this here? Okay? Can I say this?
Speaker 13: When I was forty, I knew how to make oxtails.
Speaker 1: I'm not see I didn't want to. I didn't. I ain't go there.
Speaker 13: But I'm just saying I'm not forty, but I know how I knew.
Speaker 6: Well, let me ask you something. No, let me ask you this thought. Is your oxtails better now.
Speaker 9: Than before?
Speaker 1: I could cook? It's the same recall.
Speaker 6: I know you can cook. Toshton told us that Margie can cook. Okay, but let's just stop right here. Whatever, let's just stop alone. Let's leave this alone, because there's some people on this zoom that ain't even gonna open they damn mind. Now, Tommy can grill, Tommy can cook, Tommy can griello.
Speaker 1: Nah, I can barbecue.
Speaker 6: But you put me in that kitchen with pots and pants and different things.
Speaker 1: Our eggs. You know.
Speaker 6: I can make breakfast. I can make you know, well we know down the breakfast because you did that quite a few years. Yeah, I could do that, So I ain't I know how to make spaghetti, you know. You know I can make hamburgers and stuff like that. Put now one you off in the bacon, chicken and all like that. I can get it in there, but I don't really know when you take it out, Not really sure. We're gonna take it out three four times, take it over, oh, still bleeding, and put it back. Yeah, you know, need a little more time. I don't really know the exact time.
Speaker 10: All right, We're moving on to Kira and Tyler. Kira says, my son and his new wife are staying with me and they're having a lot of sex. I don't want to hear that. So am I supposed to talk to my daughter in law? Or am I supposed to talk to my son about this? I'm ashamed?
Speaker 1: You're ashamed of what if they're doing it.
Speaker 9: In the house and she can hear it?
Speaker 1: Why they're supposed to do it at.
Speaker 5: Well?
Speaker 6: Didn't you just say your son is his new wife is staying at Charle's house? You do remember how you got the son, don't you?
Speaker 1: They letting it go? Yeah? Now you mad because it ain't having it for you no more? That is hate. That ain't no but hate?
Speaker 5: Huh.
Speaker 8: Let her know a brand baby on the way.
Speaker 9: They're working on it.
Speaker 1: Congratulations.
Speaker 10: She's saying they're having a lot because she doesn't want to hear it.
Speaker 9: They're having a lot.
Speaker 1: Ah, you know I know what? They good like?
Speaker 9: Young and married?
Speaker 1: Ye ain't no more? You know?
Speaker 9: But why is she ashamed? Though? Why is she ashamed?
Speaker 1: Because she is drumming up some other fields?
Speaker 9: Come on, it ain't all that Holland.
Speaker 10: And she remembers when because she catch herself sometimes go ahead, but all right, Dollo, Steve Harvey Nation, listen up. We want to remind you about a very special live Strawberry Letter today. It's coming up at eight a m. Eastern seventh Central.
Speaker 5: Uh.
Speaker 9: It's gonna be with Steve and I.
Speaker 10: We're going to talk about everything that's trending right now.
Speaker 9: We're going to talk about it. You don't want to miss it.
Speaker 10: Also coming up at the top of next hour Entertainment News right after this you're listening.
Speaker 2: Hard Morning Show.
Speaker 9: Well, this comes as no surprise.
Speaker 10: Eighty three year old al Pacino and his twenty nine year old girlfriend are in a custody battle for their three month old baby now. According to numerous sources, the couple split up, but reps close to al Pacino are saying that despite the custody battle, they're still romantically involved. The child's mother is filing for full physical custody, but will allow Paccino to have regular visitation with their child. She did not request child support, but she did ask Alpacino to pay her legal bill.
Speaker 6: No good, hell well what he got the getest woman? Trust baby the baby?
Speaker 1: How old is the baby?
Speaker 10: The baby's three months old? How is al pacino, he's eighty three.
Speaker 1: What are we going with this?
Speaker 9: Yeah?
Speaker 6: This baby, this baby is hoping her daddy makes the kindergarten graduation. That this baby is hoping that her daddy even be here to take her tuscol.
Speaker 1: He no good.
Speaker 6: Hell, well, you need to start fighting for custody and get this now. Listen to me, these people that's dropping up this report that they still have and set Listen.
Speaker 9: She twenty nine.
Speaker 6: If she's not asking for child support, it's because there's a financial arrangement.
Speaker 1: Called ready those place.
Speaker 6: Ain't no twenty nine year old girl married no old ass eighty year old man unless it's some money somewhere.
Speaker 9: Yeah.
Speaker 6: Why would you marry for love if you twenty seven and he eight? Because she twenty nine now and he's eighty three. Why would you married for love if you twenty nine.
Speaker 1: And he eighty three?
Speaker 9: What's left got to do with it?
Speaker 1: Yes?
Speaker 6: I mean how much love you think is going to be here? You know, like when you took them vials and they said to death do us part? You really had to have a dating mind. You had to be thinking, Max. You really when the man said till death is your part? You said, yeah, I'm hanging out from what we're talking about. Five four, six, ten, Max, I got ten years. I'm twenty seven. I got ten years of my life. I'll be thirty seven. He'll be gone. I'm gonna have all this here. It's an investment plan's return on investment. It's like going to college to be a lawyer. You go four years of college and four years of law school. You invest all that money in time to be a lawyer. Well, if you're a young girl, you're twenty seven and you married eighty year old man, you know you got to invest some.
Speaker 1: Time before you get to here. She could figure out start over in my thirties.
Speaker 8: I'm halving, Mama, here's the physical party. Should just take the baby, because the physical park gonna throw al This baby can escape ale on a crawl. He eighty three, ass, go hassle proms catching this baby dead Dale baby go get away on a crawl. Well the baby, I ain't.
Speaker 9: See the baby of three days.
Speaker 6: You're rich, ass. Baby probably got it arrived and everything. Come on, we're going to tars Us. Daddy be bad, all right.
Speaker 10: Moving on to some some more shocking news. Jimmy Fallon, host of the Tonight Show. It's been accused of being drunken work and throwing quote hissy fits on the set, and a Rolling Stone report Tonight's show staffers say that Fallon created a toxic work environment on the set. Two current employees and fourteen former employees were involved in the report. One said there were good Jimmy days and bad Jimmy days, and Fallon apologized to his staff on a Zoom meeting, reportedly saying quote, sorry if I embarrassed you and your family and friends.
Speaker 9: I feel so bad. I can't even tell you.
Speaker 10: I want the show to be fun and it should be inclusive for everyone. It should be funny, it should be the best show the best people. So that's what Jimmy Fallon had to say. And it should be noted that the former staffers are being ridiculed by the current staffers because they're saying it's not true. They're just saying they're ex staffers, so they're a little bitter.
Speaker 6: That's usually the case. It wasn't the band. I tell you that he wasn't messing with the band. I mean Jimmy Fallon. I don't know him, know him, but I've been around him quite a few times.
Speaker 9: You've been on the show quite a few times.
Speaker 1: Jess look a really cool dude, man.
Speaker 6: And you know if he had an issue with one day he came in he went off. The pressure of being at the top all the time is tough, man. People don't know what it's like. If you look at the ratings one day and Nate down. They get daily ratings. That's a lot of pressure. And sometimes you coming there man and you ain't yourself. But then you got to come in there and be all bubbly lovey w that ain't had his work man, I like Jimmy, fallon everybody. You ain't got no, you don't work for the mattress, Gone bout your business man, Take your old ass somewhere, sit down.
Speaker 1: So damn what he had a bad day, like you ain't.
Speaker 5: All right?
Speaker 10: And finally Carla is here with some music news. What you got, Carla, Well, here we go.
Speaker 13: B E T has announced the nominations for the twenty twenty three B E T. These are the Hip Hop Awards. Here's the nominations. Twenty one Savage and Cardi B. Love you Some Cardi B. They let the nominations twelve twelve nominations Apiece Drake has nine nominations. Burna Boy and My Gym DJ Kalled round out the top five with seven nominations each.
Speaker 9: Let's keep it going.
Speaker 1: J Cole has six nominations.
Speaker 13: Coy Lay Yo Song Steve but I have to catch you know the flight by Yeah y'all, Our Girl, Glorilla and jay Z. They are tied with five nominations each. Jay Z is even nominated for Hustler of the Year. Yeah he is also Let's see, I.
Speaker 1: Don't know why get that.
Speaker 13: You and Hove can share that one little Uzzi Bird, the Baby Lotto Kendrick Lamar making the stallion each with three nominations. Here we go, twenty twenty three b ET Hip Hop Awards set to take live in the atl on October third, and it'll air the following week.
Speaker 9: All right, thank you, Carla.
Speaker 10: Coming up at twenty minutes after the hour, Vice President Kamala Harris host today fifty years of Hip Hop celebration on her front lawn.
Speaker 9: Wow, we'll talk about that right after this.
Speaker 2: You're listening hard morning show.
Speaker 10: Vice President Kamala Harris hosted a big celebration for fifty years of hip hop and her private residence on Saturday, and it was start studded.
Speaker 9: Steve.
Speaker 10: Of course you were invited, but you couldn't attend because of a scheduling conflict. Lil Wayne took the stage after his performance, he thanked the audience and the Vice President. Then Lil Wayne said, I can't believe I'm here. I can't believe I am here.
Speaker 9: No, right, no, you can't.
Speaker 1: I'll say you that I can't believe it either. Right.
Speaker 10: There were close to four hundred executives, politicians, journalists there too. Short Gez Common, Fat Joe Jeezi was recently on Our show. By the Way, Common Fat Joe, Remy Maslick, Rig, Dougie Fresh mc light and others performed on the front lawn. Vice President Harris and her husband doug had their own VIP section in the back and they were.
Speaker 9: Up dancing during the concert.
Speaker 10: This is the first ever celebration life exist for the administration, and Vice President Harris addressed the impact that hip hop has had on the world and its.
Speaker 9: Importance to the black community. Wow, can you imagine that was big? Yeah, that was huge.
Speaker 5: Right.
Speaker 13: I saw Dougie, he was out there sweat, said Dougie teaching me how to Douggie Dougie was out there, see life was on stage, and I bet you that was just a treat for everybody that was in attendance. That the vice president, how they realized how important hip hop is.
Speaker 10: And she's from the Bay Area, so of course she's gonna have too short there blowing that.
Speaker 1: We whistle.
Speaker 10: And Steve, you couldn't go, like I said, because of conflict in your schedule.
Speaker 6: Well, you know, I was what they wanted me to do was all of Eazy's hits.
Speaker 1: What you wanted? Really, I ain't know nothing but.
Speaker 5: Card.
Speaker 1: Y'all didn't know the Card album.
Speaker 6: I didn't know that one, so I said, you know what, y'all might have to try to call him. That's why he was surprised you Originally, originally I was gonna do Weezy's hits, but then I couldn't name two of them, so that kind of threw me out to running.
Speaker 1: For that you wanted to see a set list on.
Speaker 6: Yeah, it's been a rough life for me not knowing hip hop that well, I'm gonna tell you that right now.
Speaker 10: But it was bigger her though, to celebrate fifty years of hip hop and talk about its impact on the world and of course the black community.
Speaker 9: That's never ever been done before. I know, if her husband didn't know a song, who that was?
Speaker 1: All right?
Speaker 9: We're moving on.
Speaker 10: Coming up in thirty four minutes after the hour, a Maryland police officer is suspended after he's filmed getting into the back seat of his police cruiser with his mistress while he's on duty.
Speaker 9: Wow, we'll talk about that right after this.
Speaker 2: You're listening morning show.
Speaker 9: Well, guys.
Speaker 10: In a video that has now gone viral, a Maryland police officer named Francesco Marlette is seen kissing a woman that is allegedly his mistress, and then they climb into the back seat of his squad car together. According to the guy that recorded the video and released it on social media, Marlotte and the woman stayed in the back of the squad car for about forty minutes before getting out and going their separate ways. The alleged mistress told The New York Post that it was not a one night stand. She described it as a two year romance. Officer Martlett's wife, Paula, had harsh words for the alleged mistress and posted it on Facebook, telling the mistress to quote rot.
Speaker 9: In Hell be okay.
Speaker 10: Officer Martlett was suspended and Internal Affairs has launched an investigation into his actions.
Speaker 12: Wow, you know how tight it is in the back of that car.
Speaker 1: No, we don't.
Speaker 5: We've never been.
Speaker 1: These sideways.
Speaker 14: You know.
Speaker 6: If tom and you know, if Tommy think it's tight, little bitty, I'm telling you right now, you got to turn sideways anyway, because you can't.
Speaker 1: It's hard to just sit back on them cuff. I saw it.
Speaker 9: I saw the picture of the video. He had his juniform on and he out there hugging her. I was like, yeah, are you at work.
Speaker 1: Somewhere?
Speaker 5: Now?
Speaker 1: What ain't the officer white? Yes? And the lady was black? Yeah, that's I saw.
Speaker 9: Yeah, Yeah, that's yeah, that's the same one.
Speaker 1: Yes.
Speaker 6: Now now a wife talking about right in hell? See, I need a picture of the wife though she's black?
Speaker 3: She black?
Speaker 6: Oh all that?
Speaker 2: What jr?
Speaker 9: He' got jungle fever? Jungle like a berry.
Speaker 1: Hey, can you send me a picture of please?
Speaker 13: Full about that, Monica says, we may not have that back of the cruise.
Speaker 1: To be back in the video.
Speaker 9: It looks like they're in the park, you know.
Speaker 1: But you know the worst thing in all this is his suspension.
Speaker 9: Yeah, well he got suspensions. Yeah, what do you say.
Speaker 1: That's horrible for him because now he just.
Speaker 9: Acted half the house.
Speaker 1: He got to hear that.
Speaker 6: No, I'd rather be at work and you shot at what's going on? Man, I'd rather be work getting shot at, chasing down police officers, good high speed chasing.
Speaker 1: I'd rather be. I'd rather be some were pinned down, runs back, take the trash out. What is he say?
Speaker 6: You don't know the hell that is in that house right here with a sister. Oh, you're in the back seat with this helper. I ain't never been in the back seat of the car. And what what was y'all back there doing for forty minutes?
Speaker 10: Huh?
Speaker 6: We was just talking. You're just a damn lie. You don't even know how to talk. Oh, I'm telling you, man, it's it's some hell at his house.
Speaker 1: No, she didn't put him out. Man.
Speaker 9: You think he's out?
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, he didn't.
Speaker 9: I don't know.
Speaker 1: And he's standing in the back of that car. That's what.
Speaker 6: Well, let me give you a description of his wife. She has a bring a hoop ring in between her nose, you know that little piece that separates your nostrils.
Speaker 1: She got a.
Speaker 6: Hoop ring in there and too, and got her lip pierced top end body, and.
Speaker 13: I got to do her husband cheat nocause she got some piers.
Speaker 6: And two pierces both her nostrils.
Speaker 1: Is piers two.
Speaker 9: Okay, yeah, we're looking at the picture. Chill. What are you saying?
Speaker 6: Oh no, oh, this is a crazy person. Oh this is a full blown crazy person. Anytime you put all that in your face, stick all them holes in your face, your crazy. The wife or the mystery. No, you got the wife right there with the piercings. The one with the piercings is the wife, right The other one in.
Speaker 13: That red twists locks.
Speaker 9: That's yeah, it's the type.
Speaker 1: Mm hmm, could have baby.
Speaker 10: Oh lord, all right, all right, you'm all over the picture, all right. Coming up next, it is the Nephew with Today's prank phone Call.
Speaker 9: Right after this, you're listening Harvey Morning Show.
Speaker 10: Coming up at about four minutes after the hour, it's Today's Live Strawberry Letter with me, Shirley Strawberry and Steve Harvey. We'll talk about everything that's out there, but right now it is time for the Nephew and Today's prank Phone Call.
Speaker 9: Nephew, what you got.
Speaker 12: Well, a lot of cheerleaders out there, y'all know that, right, lot of cheerleaders. Football has started, lots of cheerleaders. We got some past cheerleaders that were on this that owned this show, that used to be cheering. Well, this right here is called bottom of the pyramid, bottom pier me.
Speaker 1: Everybody can't be up top.
Speaker 9: I can't be up top the flyer, Steve, what's the morning?
Speaker 1: Somebody got to be the base? You know who you are? Ain't nobody fit to throw you all be down trying to brace theyself. You already know that for asking.
Speaker 6: Your damn baby to be the one. No, no, your baby the base bottom of the pier med all phones, baby, come out. Ten people are gonna step on your back, you know, come out.
Speaker 1: You ain't gonnaeel it.
Speaker 12: Yeah, bottom of the pier man, let's go get dom.
Speaker 5: Yeah. Hello, hello, hello, hello, Yeah, can you hear me? I'm trying to reach Angela.
Speaker 15: Ang on just a second, let me turn it down.
Speaker 5: Okay, Hi, who's trying to reach I'm trying to reach Angela. This Angela? Oh yeah, this se Ahi angel This is Chip Chip. I'm the new camp director for the cheerleading camp for the summer.
Speaker 15: Oh, hi, Chip, what kind do for you?
Speaker 5: Just want to give you a courtesy call your daughter. You've got her signed up for four weeks with the camp, right ye. This is your guys third year being a.
Speaker 1: Part of the camp.
Speaker 8: Yep.
Speaker 15: And she's really excited. She lives coming to the camp and we think it's a great thing for her to be involved in.
Speaker 1: What's that?
Speaker 5: Okay? You guys just finished the whole cheerleading season too, am I right? The competition season?
Speaker 15: Yes, just coming off of it, right right?
Speaker 5: Okay, Well, we're getting ready for the summer and where everybody's excited about coming out and being a part of what's going on. So here's what I wanted to give you a little bit. Like I said, I'm the new camp director. I was just starting at this job. I got a few notes that were given to me about so I wanted to give you a call and see if I could talk to you about it.
Speaker 15: A few notes giving to you about it.
Speaker 5: Yeah, just a couple of notes. I don't think it's anything that we can make sure is Okay?
Speaker 15: What kind of notes?
Speaker 5: Well, it's been brought to my attention that some of the parents whose daughters are out there as well. There's going to be there this summer, A little concerned about her being on top of the pyramid, that she's is feel a little heavy?
Speaker 1: Should she?
Speaker 13: Right?
Speaker 5: Way?
Speaker 6: Wait?
Speaker 15: Wait wait hold ho you calling me about some some other pairs and said about how big my child is or how much my child ways?
Speaker 1: Is that?
Speaker 5: What I wanted to let you know is is we're gonna put together a face.
Speaker 15: Oh no, you ain't gonna put no baby. I don't already take my money? And what you say? Your name is Chip? And how long have you been the director? Because I was just up there two weeks ago and they told me that she was gonna be the same position that she was last year because that is what worked, that's the formation that works.
Speaker 5: So I don't even know what you Supposedly that some of the girls are complaining that she's too heavy to hold up. So that seems to be the problem in there. They're not getting a strong enough PERMD And I'm now wait a.
Speaker 15: Minute, wait, wait a minute, I know, well she ain't the biggest one I felt.
Speaker 5: Have you been?
Speaker 9: I fail?
Speaker 15: My child is not the biggest child. I fell when you because obviously you have not saying these childis it's some baby.
Speaker 5: So I felt, Okay, hang on, say Angela, I want you to calm down.
Speaker 15: It ain't nobody gonna calm down because I have not already paid my money and this that I be talking about, what parents? What Harrison said? Something is it?
Speaker 5: Is it Carrie, ma'am? I'm not. I'm not gonna state who it is, but let's just say it was several Oh.
Speaker 15: Terris has got something to say about my child and her position on the cheerleading squad. Because if you ain't gonna fuk up no name, then I'm gonna say what you're calling me about. I'll tell you one thing, would she get I fall I done paid my money. She better not be on no base. She better be in the air. I guarantee you that. Right now I've been hanging with he wants. Ain't nobody said nothing to me about in her way and all this.
Speaker 5: Okay, Angela, can you hear me? I just wanted you to hear me. Clearly, I haven't seen these young ladies yet. Once I see them, I will critique what I think. Say.
Speaker 15: You don't even need to be calling me because you ain't even seen nothing. So you calling me with something. He says, she's from some other parents that's been skinned and grinned in my face. And they now wanted to say nothing to me. They'd have been in my house. We an't have parties always here with this competition every weekend, every other day, and they couldn't say nothing to me about my baby. I tell you what, why don't you call your girls on the three way, mister Chip? If you can't call them on the three Now I got the numbers, I call him on the three way.
Speaker 5: Different, Okay, okay man. All I wanted to do is make you aware of the possibility that she may be a god.
Speaker 15: Thank you you have made me aware. And I guarantee you that if I bring my big yellow and come to the practice, I guarantee you she want to be no base. How much you want to bet off that, mister Chip.
Speaker 5: Look, you don't quit holler at me. And I told you I would try to take a look at these skils. But I'll tell you what your thought. Is gonna be a base or she's gonna be a back support. Whichever I decide, she's going to do.
Speaker 15: Cool in them. Do you think you holler at mister Chip, No, that's not how it's gonna go down, as a matter of fact. As a matter fact, miss chill, are you at the registration table today?
Speaker 5: I'm here now while people are registering. Yes I am.
Speaker 15: Let me turn this around. I tell you you want, I'm on my way up there. Why don't you and the parents that's been complaining, why don't all y'all come to the table and we don't have come to Jesus meeting about whether it's gonna be for this coming up season, because I'm not going to tolerate this. I done told you, I done paid my money.
Speaker 5: And this hive's going down that gain weight?
Speaker 13: What what is it there?
Speaker 15: Whether gain weight or not? What do day have to do with her your meeting?
Speaker 5: Do you agree that probably bigger than most of the girls on the team.
Speaker 15: It's not bigger than most of the girls on the team. Money daughter, it's visiting and she wasn't no base last year. They hiked up the gonna get up to it. We're all just gonna be big and plump up in the air. I done turned around and I'm here to see you little tracking table.
Speaker 5: So you must be ready, be ready before you get here. There's something else I need to tell you.
Speaker 15: Ain't got to tell me something. All you gotta do is then have you and the pairs around that table when I get there, because I'm on my way up there right now. Then y'all can say all y'all gotta say in my.
Speaker 5: Pat before you get it. I just want to let you know then what this is. Nephew Timing from the Sea is.
Speaker 15: On this phone. Wait wait, wait, wait, Helo, what did you just say?
Speaker 5: This is a nephew Tirey from the Steve Harvey Morning Show. Oh god, oh lord, Rochelle. That's another pairent named Rachelle. She told me all the good friends out there.
Speaker 15: Oh so she want to break out. I'm like, we gonna see the season starting. My daughter uniform. She don't live to performer and be looking for.
Speaker 6: Her my drink.
Speaker 5: I want to brank call me, oh many, let me baby. What is the baddest and I mean the baddest radio show in the leg.
Speaker 15: None other than the Harvey Morning Show?
Speaker 1: You have it?
Speaker 13: Yeah bottom Okay, shout out to all cheer moms out there.
Speaker 1: My baby is the cheer captain.
Speaker 12: Goiday all chill, Miammi's all cheer leaders and all basic see you can't.
Speaker 6: And you'all parents out there that has got these babies in chill, stop wanting your baby to be the flyer and she and your baby ain't got fly weight on them. Don't nobody want to toss your fat ass baby in the air and then have they baby down there with that look on their face like we got to try to hold.
Speaker 1: This when they come down.
Speaker 6: Here, kids down there looking dead because they can toss her fat ass in the air now here she come, can't catch all that. Now we're gonna need new cheese. And don't nobody want to be in the eighth grade with dentists. Gonna need new teeth, Gonna snap both my arms?
Speaker 12: What was that their arms broke they tried to catch her fat ass coach, nobody, we need that the fire department used to have remember that fire Yeah, yeah, yeah, you can be a flyer if we allowed to use trampoline.
Speaker 6: God, we slide trampoline.
Speaker 1: All right?
Speaker 10: Coming up next, this is the moment you've been waiting for, the Live Strawberry Letter with me and Steve.
Speaker 2: Right after this, you're listening Morning Show.
Speaker 10: Well, Steve, the time has come, so let's just get to it. We're going to address what's been trending.
Speaker 6: Well, here's the deal. We decided to just address it since it's out there. You know, there's one thing. When we're dealing with gossip, rumor and hearsay, that's one thing. You know, I've dealt with this for years. But when it's not gossip and it comes from you know, a reliable source, you I mean, then it turns into something different. And so you know, we all of this trending stuff and all this here, and so after some deliberate uh, we got together. Now here's the deal about this Strawberry letter. I have no idea what Sheirley is going to say. I told Shirley that it was up to her how she wanted to address it. You know, I did go along with this as an idea. I'm not I'm not saying I didn't do that, because we talked about it as a radio family and decided this may be the best way, you know, because it's not it's no longer rumor.
Speaker 1: It's no, it's not gossip or anything.
Speaker 6: You know. This this is something that's really touching us all right now. And so yeah, this is not this is a Strawberry Letter, and like you know, I was, you know, being sarcastic when I did the Tea's last week. The Strawberry letter is I didn't know the subject was. I didn't know I was gonna be my own letter, you know, which is true now Oftentimes I joke about it because some of these letters sound like I was in it, but this one is. And so today, the way I want it, I'm gonna do it. Charley, I'm gonna just let you talk. I think it to me, I think it's up to you to be as honest or revealing as you choose to be. You know, we can talk about as much of it as you like, but I think it's an opportunity for you to say what you want to say and share your feelings on it, and then we'll have an exchange about it.
Speaker 10: Okay, all right, right, all right, Steve, I'm gonna just start by saying that my estranged husband is in jail. He's been in jail for over a year since about the right after the fourth of July of twenty twenty two, and recently some phone calls from last year between he and I were leaked, and on those calls, you hear me saying you will win did going up the stairs at your home, and Marjorie looks at us as the help and right here and now, I want to apologize to you and Marjorie for what I said. As much as I wish I could, I can't take it back.
Speaker 9: I can't. I said it, and you know I want to apologize. It was definitely.
Speaker 10: Not me trying to add to what you and Marjorie already have going on in your lives right now. But the fact that these tapes were released, it does seem like everyone is coming to you, a coming for you, I should say at this time, including me. But in reality, the tapes have nothing to do with what you and Marjorie have going on. It was just me running my mouth in a private conversation or what I thought was a private conversation. And again I apologize. I feel terrible. I make no excuses. You know, I said what I said, and there's no denying it, there's no taking it back. Back then, when the phone calls happened, I was trying to stand by my man, be supportive wife. You know, I've been married to this man for eight years. I had no idea that all this was going on with him.
Speaker 9: I had no idea.
Speaker 10: And the charges that he's facing are horrific. There are really bad, and I for sure did not want your name mentioned in any kind of.
Speaker 9: Way associated with my mess. So I had to call you. I had to tell you.
Speaker 10: It was a hard call, horror call for me to make, but I called you, and I want to clear something up, Steve. You did not introduce me to him. I met him through a friend I should say an ex friend now anyway. So so back to what I was saying, I had to tell you he was in jail, it was going to come out. I didn't want you to hear it from anyone else. I wanted you to hear from me, because I knew. Once the police and everyone you know got involved, and they were already involved, and they found out who his wife was and who she worked with and all of that, you know, and that's you, Steve Harvey. It would become, you know, a real big story because it's you, your name. And like I told you, Steve, when I called you, I didn't want to call you. I mean, I was embarrassed, I was hurt, you know, I felt so stupid, and you know, I felt betrayed, humiliated. You know, it was just terrible. I mean, I kept saying to myself, how is this my life? You know, police and jail and all of this. It was just something that I didn't you know, I'd never experienced anything like this. The police came, they took my car. I was at the salon getting my hair done. They rolled up, took my car. I had to have my stylist take me home. I had to move in with friends. I lost my house, I lost everything. Oh and I have to tell you this too, Like on the day July fourth, we were having dinner with friends and we were going to watch the fireworks after that, And so the fireworks didn't happen that night because it was like a terrible, terrible storm.
Speaker 9: So the fireworks got canceled.
Speaker 10: And when I look back, I see now that that was kind of a metaphor for what was about to happen in my life. The thunderstorms were coming, they were coming. The next day was the last time I saw him. He was arrested the very very next day. You know, I didn't even know he was arrested. I couldn't get in touch with him later that day. Well, I'll tell you the rest later, how I got the phone call from jail and all of that. But we'll be back at twenty three minutes after the hour with this live Strawberry Letter.
Speaker 2: You're listening Morning show.
Speaker 1: Hey, we're back.
Speaker 6: Everybody in our Strawberry Letter this morning, as you can see, is a very very real letter. I'm not going to interrupt it at this point. Surely was going over some of the key points about how she discovered the actions of her husband, the date that she discovered it. She's apologized for the things that was said about myself and Marjorie in the letter. I'm not responding right now. I'm allowing her to tell her story. I think it's important that a person tells their side of it because, like I said earlier, this is not this is no longer hearsay. This is not gossip or rumor. This is real life. So surely you can.
Speaker 1: Continue, all right.
Speaker 10: So I was telling you how I found out that he was in jail. I got a call from the jail, and you know, I didn't answer it because I'm like, who would be calling me from jail. I looked at my phone, like, jail, where'd this call? You know, it just didn't compute, so I just ignored it. But he got word to me through one of his friends. They texted me that he was at Fulton County Jail. So the next time he called, I picked up and that was him that I called earlier from jail, and you know, he told me what happened. I thought he would be getting out in a couple of days, because that's what he told me.
Speaker 9: But of course, you know, here we are a year later.
Speaker 10: Those days turned into weeks, the weeks turned into months, and like I said, I don't this, This is just on and on every day. It is just something and my life has just been a nightmare ever since, and it's still going on.
Speaker 2: Steve.
Speaker 9: I mean, I had no idea that those tapes would be released to the world.
Speaker 10: You know, I knew that they were being recorded, but I didn't know that they were going to go out to the world. I mean, I was just trying to make conversation with him, trying to, you know, just get him to think about something other than where he was. You know, I was telling him about my day, this particular day, and that was the day we were talking about, you know, on the phone, when I said those things about you and the things that you heard and the world heard and cut to today. I haven't spoken to him in quite some time. Divorce proceedings are underway, and Steve, at this point, all I could say is what I have is my faith. If it wasn't for God, I probably would have, you know, lost my mind or something in this instance. You know, people don't see what happens when these mics go off. You know, who wants their personal stuff, their private conversations to go out to public.
Speaker 2: No one.
Speaker 10: No one wants that. I mean, what could I say to you after this, you know happened. I was devastated, I mean absolutely devastated. I mean I thought of everything. You know, I could lose my job. You know, how could I face you everything? You know, what I'm going through is what I'm going through, you know, and I've been going through it for over a year.
Speaker 9: I just haven't spoken about it.
Speaker 5: You know.
Speaker 10: Then on top of all that, these tapes come out, and you know I'm talking about you and Marjorie and you guys are going through your own private.
Speaker 9: Hell right now.
Speaker 10: You know, you didn't need me to contribute to anything, you know, And I thought back, you know, because I knew I had to say something.
Speaker 2: Speak on You.
Speaker 10: Created this, created this term years ago in Los Angeles called reality radio, and I'm going to tell you right now this is about as real.
Speaker 9: As it gets, you know.
Speaker 10: And the reason I'm here before you now, I wanted to say it live on the radio is because your name is in it. You know, we've been friends for a long time, Steve, and these jail calls were made public, and I wanted to give you and Marjorie a public apology and to ask for your forgiveness publicly.
Speaker 9: I just wanted to have a real moment with you.
Speaker 10: And you know, I have to tell you I've been coming to work every day because you know, it's my only safe haven right now. It gave me a place where I could still be myself and forget my troubles for a little while, you know, and just you know, do my jobs.
Speaker 9: You know, I want to thank you guys.
Speaker 10: I want to thank you, of course Steve, Tommy Junior, and of course my girl Carla, you know, for the space and the grace that you guys have shown me. You know, this is a very difficult time in my life. Is if you can imagine, you know, I just I love you guys. We're family, and I thank you, and I just want to thank everyone. I'm just trying to live. I'm sorry for what you and your wife are going through right now in your life. And I hate your names were dragged into MI because you certainly don't deserve it.
Speaker 6: Well, Shirley, let me say this first of all, what's happening to me and Marjorie. I'm going to address that, but let me say this, though the devil is busy.
Speaker 1: The devil is busy, and the devil.
Speaker 6: Don't come for those he got, He sends those that he has. So now with all that's going on around us right now, what I do understand though, see this jail house conversation you had was last year in October twenty twenty two. But the devil know how to pile on at the right time. So this take that was made in October twenty twenty two gets released right right on the heels of all it is to just pile on some more. And I I guess you say you know it was recorded because you know when you everybody get that phone call who ain't had that phone call for county, we please know your set the phone call. This phone call is being recorded. We come back, we'll address some more of it. This Strawberry Letter looked like it's about to be the nine o'clock hour, so we'll be back with more of the Steve hard Moore on the show right after this.
Speaker 2: You're listening Morning show.
Speaker 6: All right, y'all, we're back, and the Strawberry Letter has been extended because I think there's a lot that need to be said. Just to give you a brief recap, we open up the floor for Shirley to tell her story whatever she wanted to do.
Speaker 1: We didn't rehearse this, we didn't plan this.
Speaker 6: Shirley came out and apologized for the things that was said about myself and my wife. But I also realized, and I know the timing of all this is important, because this conversation she had with her estranged husband was in October of twenty twenty two. The tapes got released right now, So and then when you can throw my name on anything, because you look at all these stories, my name headlines and stuff. And so surely when it came out, she called right away, apologized and everything, and and so I understand that, and Sureley didn't want her mess to become our mess.
Speaker 1: Let me say this to you, Shirley.
Speaker 6: We have known about this right after it happened, but we can't get in nobody's marriage and just go.
Speaker 1: Girl, what you're doing? What you what you're thinking?
Speaker 6: What you They didn't want to say nothing because we didn't want to talk about it, and we wanted to create for you a space where you could come to work and have some moments, because I know what it's like and you did to get beaten and eaten alive, and so it became for us. Let's just be there for her. And when you want to tell us, you would tell us when you read now good thing you had Monica, Mississippi, Monica, who has been with you this whole ride. You did confide in her, so Monica would keep us posted. But until you wanted to invite us in, we were just left over here as a support system.
Speaker 10: Just yes, I'm sorry, I didn't mean to interrupt you, but can I just say this is I look at you guys as my family.
Speaker 9: You know, we all are family.
Speaker 10: You know a lot of times there was a time when we saw each other more than we saw our actual families, and you know, it was just so hard for me to. I'm a private person, you know, but we all have our stuff. We talk afterwards, we're friends, we're all that. It was just hard for me to bring this particular thing up. I was just so embarrassed, you know, and humiliated, and I just felt like a fool. I felt so stupid, and you know, I couldn't. It's not that I didn't want to talk about it. I just couldn't find the words. And that's the honest, to God's truth. I just couldn't come to you, guys. You know, if you had come to me, I would have opened up. But you know, I understand, but I just I couldn't. It was too much. It was just too much for me at that time.
Speaker 6: You know, surely we get it. Hang on, This Strawberry letter has been extended. This is important, y'all. We'll be back with more of the Steve Harvey Morning Show right after this.
Speaker 7: You're listening Harvey Morning Show.
Speaker 6: We're back on the Steve Harvey Morning Show. We've been addressing it all. I don't want to spend too much time on the recap because we got so many things to go over. But if you've been listening, you've been listening. If you have it, then you just got to get bought up to speed. We're on I Heart app. You can play it all day long. You can get this whole interview. Surely open up with the apology to me and my wife, and I wanted to to make you all aware of the timing of it. You know, my wife and me, we've been getting beat up for the past two weeks.
Speaker 1: But when.
Speaker 6: When something like this happens, you know, we our model has always been to never address bloggers, right and we don't. We don't give it no room or Steve but know nothing because we know who we are and we know whose we are, and so we don't we don't address bloggers. When this came out, it's a little bit different because it's not gossip, rumor or or malicious lot. It came from the inside circle. Because we are inside circle. We are family. And so when it came out, you know, Marjorie is on baby watch right now. We got another grandchild coming and the babies do any minutes, So Marjorie's over there on baby watch.
Speaker 1: He just doing grandmama duties.
Speaker 6: And Marjorie don't really get into all this right here, and so I didn't really you know, look, I'm so used to getting beat up, but I didn't know how Marjorie was feeling about everything that's out there. Because these bottom feeders are just beating my wife up. And even though we've made a conscious effort and we said we're not gonna address it, I'm tired of it. And so when this came out, this is how the devil works, I'm gonna pile it on. I'm gonna go get somebody that worked for me, because one more time, God don't come. The Devil don't come for those he got. He sends the ones he has. So now I'm gonna get me a government employee that needs some money that work in Fordham County. I'm gonna get a hold of him. I'm gonna release these tapes. I'm gonna get him to need a little bit of money. I'm gonna give it to this female blogger and she gonna get a little bit of money.
Speaker 1: And now I'm a soak them.
Speaker 6: But the timing of it was ugly because of everything else that's going on right now, and it made it look like Shirley was piling on and that wasn't her intent, but it happened. I like I say, I understand what I'm The part I'm coming with now is because it then got it's been so ugly for my wife. Man, And see, this is what I've never done before. It's been so ugly for my wife. And I've stood there trying not to say nothing. But I'm not a blog. We me Shirley Carler, Tommy Mississippi Junior. We ain't a blog. We a real media platform. And I don't know if you all know what it's like to wake up every morning that we get up, and our job and mission is to brighten your day. And it don't matter how dark would date his. We got the job to be the morning show. And we got to put on the show. And Tommy come in here with with with Junior, come in here off of crisis with sicker sell Tommy, come in here with bad news. Tommy get hit with cancer, surely going through her life right here. Carla got a whole family over here. Everybody got crosses to bath. But we got to come in here anyway, and we got to be the morning show in spite of what's happening in our life, when it ain't funny or fun or inspirational or motivational or informative at all. Were just in here trying to make it so I get it. So what I'm about to do now is clear up a few things and and and you know the comment that came out, it was untimely, you know, but that's why we don't have people in our house.
Speaker 1: That's why we.
Speaker 6: Don't well, that's that's that's why a whole lot of stuff we don't do. But when I come back, we'll be back and my fat we's in ass are straightened all this out.
Speaker 1: I said, I was sorry, but I'm just going to be clear.
Speaker 6: My fat we's in ass going up these stepping I don't be back.
Speaker 1: I'm not.
Speaker 9: When did though?
Speaker 1: Where you were? You sorry? All you want? Hell, that's what I heard.
Speaker 2: You're listening morning show?
Speaker 6: All right, y'all, we're back, and this morning we've been dealing with everything. So I hope you've been up because I'm not gonna recap because it takes too much time. My wife and I talked about this, and I prayed about this, and Marjorie told me, Steve, drop it, let it go. But I see my wife's face and I see the pain she been in, and she ain't just been in this pain for two weeks. She been in this pain for seventeen years with me. And so now what I want to do right now, I want to tell you something about my wife because we're sitting up in here and we're dealing with stuff, and that.
Speaker 1: Y'all just printing lies and rumors and.
Speaker 6: The deviciousness of it is what I'm fit to talk about.
Speaker 1: Now, let me tell you something.
Speaker 6: Normally we don't care about your blogs and all this here, but I'm really tired of y'all, man. And you know the sad thing behind all of this, The majority of these blogs they black people, the very people that we try to uphold and uplift the most. What all of our foundation is about is about saving and changing the lives of young black people. And then it's the black bloggers that's the nastiest when it comes to all of us. And that's the part I want to I want to get at. And then I'm gonna let it go because after today, ain't no more. After today, there will be no more. So when we come back, we'll be more. To Steve Harvey Morning Show, I'm so sick of this strange letter.
Speaker 1: We'll like.
Speaker 2: You're listening moning show.
Speaker 1: All right, we're back. Here's a deal. I'm gonna do a list of facts.
Speaker 6: My wife asked me not to do it because she said, Steve, all them hater's gonna do is flip anything you say in reverse.
Speaker 1: Well you're doing it anyway. And y'all there just lying.
Speaker 6: About my girl and you tearing away at her character. And I don't like what you're doing to her. I don't like the timing of this yeal House release because it just seemed like it added more and it came from the inside. I'm tired, but she got to be tired. The woman I married is a good woman. She the best thing ever happened to me. She's God feared, she's loyal, she's faithful, and she's a kind and loving person. I don't care what nobody said, and y'all quit talking about she was in my other marriage and ruined it.
Speaker 1: She didn't she was nowhere around that my marriage.
Speaker 6: I got divorced in two thousand and My marriage was over when the Kings of.
Speaker 1: Comedy was out. Y'all ain't know that.
Speaker 6: Though digit it was over then it took us this long to get to the divorce. That's when the official paperwork came out. But in two thousand and five, let me hip you to something. I had nothing. I lost the radio show we were on in LA on March twenty third, and I lost the only TV show I had May tenth. Steve Harvey had no money. Got with Marjorie again on New Year's Eve, met her, talked to her. She was with her kids in Hawaii. We got together in two thousand and six. We had nothing. She didn't marry into no land lap of riches. I had nothing when I asked her to marry me at the end of two thousand and six, and then she said she wanted to get married in two thousand and seven. I sold her too soon. I got to get some stuff together. She said what I said, babe, I ain't really got nothing. I'm trying to build. She said, I'm gonna get in there and bill with you. We got married in two thousand and seven. Do you know what I was doing in two thousand and seven.
Speaker 1: Nothing.
Speaker 6: We had four stations. In two thousand and five four we built this. All of us built this. We had four stations. We turned this into sunk But that woman got down in that fox hole with me. And turned this into sunk. In two thousand and seven, we got married. In two thousand and eight, we found out that somebody had stolen seven years of my tax returns.
Speaker 1: I ain't gonna mention no name.
Speaker 6: And we owed the government twenty two million dollars a week in debt. But then guess what. She stayed with me in that. Then guess what. In two thousand and nine, I got family FEUs. In two thousand and nine, the book came out. In twenty twelve, the talk show came out. I'm telling you, this woman got in the hole and built this with me.
Speaker 1: She didn't steal nothing.
Speaker 6: And I'm tired of y'all talking about my girl, because my girl is one of the best women I've ever met. And why you black ass people out there got these blogs like you just gonna destroy somebody. I don't really know what that's about, but don't worry about it, because it ain't working because all we are now, we are tighter, two handed, sir. Thank you for doing that, and you're not gonna split us up, and we're not going nowhere. And she is none of what you said she is, and she the best chick.
Speaker 1: I note.
Speaker 6: Now I'm defending her and you can feel how you want to feel about that. That's the God in me. But now this, let me give you one piece of Steve Hart. If I see your.
Speaker 10: As We'll be back with more of the Steve Harvey Morning Show right after this.
Speaker 2: You're listening Harvey Morning Show.
Speaker 6: All right, we're back. This is the end of the show. It's been a it's been a morning. I'm proud of you, sure, I really am.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 13: It takes a lot of strength and a lot of courage to do what you did, to be transparent like this. Sly, you tell your story. Don't let other people tell your story. In our journey in life, we all make mistakes. Surely, we all make mistakes, and yeah we have to you have to keep asking God to guide your steps.
Speaker 9: Do you know what I'm saying? For sure? Yeah?
Speaker 1: Can I say this? Yeah?
Speaker 12: Man, were family, and we got family members. There's not a moment that I ain't got on Steve nerves. And he said, and he in a private conversation with somebody else, you know what Tommy got on my damn nerd today. It's not like we haven't said things that we just say. You know what, the junior got on my damn nerds. I'm sick of Junior. I said that to somebody. You know what I'm saying this morning before I came to work.
Speaker 1: Actually, time to getting on your nerves. You said, before you open the.
Speaker 9: Mic, all ther damn pictures, He's said in Lord.
Speaker 1: Call us right, Tommy's right.
Speaker 6: Nobody wants their private thoughts, man, nobody. Do you know what would happen if any of us had our private thoughts in private conversation, and Lord, we wouldn't have no damn free We wouldn't have a morning show y'all, wouldn't be a y'all show, wouldn't have a job out there. I just think that everybody, we don't live in a world that's forgiving anymore, not at all. We don't live in a kind world anymore. We live in a fallen world. But we do have a lot of huge fans on this show, and we do understand that there's a lot of people who love us. The problem that I've said at a hundred times is hate is louder than love, but love is stronger. And we all gonna have to learn that lesson. And as much as I want to get out there and change things, and as much as I wish people would stand up and back me more.
Speaker 1: That ain't the world we live in.
Speaker 6: We live in a social media climate and everybody's idea is to task somebody down to get clicks. And we're just not gonna sit here and let you click this sister's life away. And I'm not gonna sit here no longer and let you destroy my wife's image and character. It's hard, and we need each other to support each other, to show love.
Speaker 1: Now. Look, man, do I expect this to change anything?
Speaker 6: Probably not, But you know what, at least it feel good to say your peace. Sometimes, man, you just want to be able to say your side. That's to tell your damn story, your truth.
Speaker 1: Now, are they gonna twist it? Yes? Yes. Are they gonna try to flip it and use it against you? Yes?
Speaker 6: But I got news for you. Isaiah fifty four seventeen is real. It's the word of God. And I don't care what you do. What God got for me, what God got for you, what God got for Shirley, ain't nothing you can do about it. What God got for Caring, what God got for Junior, for time, for Monica, There's nothing you can do about it. No weapon formed to gives me show possible. You know what's really crazy, man? Do you know really how YouTube and all this stuff works. Do you know how many tens of thousands of clicks you have to get to make three to five cent? Do you know how many millions of views you got to have to make thousands of dollars? But hear what happened when y'all jump on that danger tamm down trail and you post your video.
Speaker 1: What y'all do to each other is y'all cannibalize each other.
Speaker 6: So if y'all would just leave that one video, everybody would have to go there to see it, and that person could profit. But no, y'all take it like y'all did your music and you spread it on your site. Now a person can go anywhere and get it.
Speaker 5: Now.
Speaker 6: Guess what now, ain't nobody getting a million views? So don't nobody profit? No form to GISs me show possible? And I just wish man, that we have of people will get out the hate business because the hate business don't pay.
Speaker 1: I don't know if y'all been watching real close, but if you look.
Speaker 6: At anybody out there that's been in the hate business, that don't look real good right now.
Speaker 1: I don't know if you notice that.
Speaker 6: Listen, y'all, there's a motivational speaker named George White, and this dude he released something that has kept me and I play. I play it to myself every day. I'm gonna play this. This is George White, a motivational speaker.
Speaker 14: God chose you so you're gonna have to fight more. You're gonna have to do more. You're gonna have to overcome more, but you gonna receive more. You gonna receive more. You who your blood I've been waiting for. And God chose you because he know he can trust you. He knows he can trust you. He know you will keep faith when things go bad. He knows you that you want to retaliate when people do.
Speaker 1: He gonna get you.
Speaker 14: He knows that you wanna be conformed to this world, but you'll be trayingformed by the renew of your mind, by the renew.
Speaker 6: To your mind. Because that's the God. I say, that's the God. We sir, Shirley, You're our girl, You our family. All is forgiving. We come into work, Tommy almost think really important, Shirley.
Speaker 1: Yes, at least you don't have to cook no more.
Speaker 9: You know, you know everything she said.
Speaker 1: I mean, you sure.
Speaker 13: Look at the bright side, there's a still a lot to pots to pay us up.
Speaker 9: Shut well.
Speaker 10: I just want to say, you know, thank you guys for letting me finally get that out holding it in for quite some time. Thank you, guys, That's all I can say. And Steve to you, thank you of course for not firing me.
Speaker 6: This ain't worth losing no job. I had way worse stuff happened to me. But you know what did I just found out my fat we usn asked some cardio.
Speaker 9: That's all.
Speaker 6: I already got the Hey, hey you forgot that's the old last take.
Speaker 7: Me.
Speaker 6: I'm so flat right now. All right, y'all, Hey Brett, y'all keep talking to God.
Speaker 1: We love you.
Speaker 10: For all Steve Harvey contests. No purchase necessary, voidware prohibited. Participants must be legal US residents at least eighteen years old, unless otherwise stated.
Speaker 9: For complete contest rules. Visit Steve HARVEYFM dot com.
Speaker 2: You're listening Steve Harvey Morning Show