Speaker 1: Man, wake us.
Speaker 2: The breakfast club is wa ya, the breakfast club Envy and Charlemagne the voice of the culture.
Speaker 3: Then I'm gona come here when this thing.
Speaker 1: See y'all different, y'all the coachure, it's different. You know what I'm saying, Like y'all know.
Speaker 3: What y'all talking.
Speaker 4: This is probably become the most prominent form for HI, probably.
Speaker 5: Be here next to all of you guys. It's really bick put it in.
Speaker 4: Put it in perspective to the breakfast club bitches.
Speaker 6: Wake up.
Speaker 3: Good morning Usa yo.
Speaker 7: Yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo.
Speaker 8: Yo Charlamagne the god past to the plane in this Monday.
Speaker 6: Yes, it's Monday. Back to the work week.
Speaker 3: Good morning man, it is such a great morning.
Speaker 9: Man.
Speaker 3: How you feeling O, my brother?
Speaker 8: I just want to say, I want to salute of course, today is nine to eleven, that's right. I want to salute to. I know there's a lot going on in the city today. Traffic is going to be crazy. The Vice president is actually in town. The President's going to be speaking at a base in Alaska. So I just want to salute to everybody who that got family members that lost their lives, that that came and and made sure everybody was okay. At nine to eleven. It was just such a hectic dare I remember, you know, thinking about how that happened. So I want to salute to everybody that was that you know, that's going to be out there today and you know, just remembering they lost one and twenty two years I believe twenty two years. Yeah, yesterday at the Giants game, Queen Latifa saying it was very dedicated to all the soldiers and army and Navy and all the medical people and everybody that you know ran down there to those buildings to just help people.
Speaker 6: So I just want to salute to everybody today.
Speaker 4: Absolutely definitely thinking about them always, and it's a damn shame that the New York Giants couldn't be inspired by that, you know, in any way, shape or form to show up yesterday.
Speaker 6: Yeah, yeah, yeah, I showed up.
Speaker 1: I was there.
Speaker 4: Well, I saw you. I definitely saw you. I was there, and I would like to record the show. That was the first time in a long time, uh, that I had a forty.
Speaker 3: The last time you had a forty? You know what I'm saying?
Speaker 4: Which were you forty? I had a forty? I had a forty? OHD since I was a teenager. What was your favorite forty old growing up?
Speaker 6: Envy?
Speaker 3: Did you like Saint IDs? Did you like old English? Huh? What did you like?
Speaker 1: Cold?
Speaker 3: Forty five?
Speaker 10: Never?
Speaker 4: Really slitch Mot liquor, King Kobra still reserved two eleven.
Speaker 8: Never I would have been more of a Saint Eyes person. But I'm I'm it's never been into a.
Speaker 4: Beer forty like forty. You don't like forties, right, they were my thing? Yeah, you don't like forties. Mess your stomach up a little bit last night, a little bit, a little bit. It was really surprised. It was so cowboy fans in that stadium.
Speaker 3: Last come on, America's team, knock it off. You know what it is?
Speaker 8: It started so well, like I said, Queen Latifa saying the national anthem, there was fire works.
Speaker 3: It was.
Speaker 8: It was an amazing game. I seen so many people. I seen Tracy Morgan, and.
Speaker 4: We showed up and represented for America the way we should have. Okay, all right, that's what we did. We showed up for America because we are America's team.
Speaker 8: Yeah, we took that. We took the L last night. You know, you know, sometimes you just got to take the L.
Speaker 3: You know.
Speaker 6: You know, the Cowboys box our mouth last night.
Speaker 1: That's what it was.
Speaker 6: I mean, we lost. I can't say that.
Speaker 3: They definitely they definitely boxed your out last night. Jesus. Okay, it was from my Dallas Cowboys.
Speaker 6: The first job. I'm not gonna lie.
Speaker 8: The first drive felt good and then that's that was my only good feeling all night.
Speaker 6: It was just bad after that.
Speaker 4: Yeah, Big d penetrating the old line all night long.
Speaker 3: It was nothing you could do about it. Okay, now you.
Speaker 4: Know what my Dallas Cowboys gonna be in February. The Super Bowl game don't matter, he don't matter. This is the year I can feel it, all right. I've been saying this every year of my life since nineteen ninety six. This is the year that it absolutely positively will come true.
Speaker 3: Okay, all right.
Speaker 4: My Dallas Cowboys are going to the Super Bowl. My daddy told me last night, go ahead and order the tickets and tell Envy shut.
Speaker 3: The hell up.
Speaker 4: All right, we gonna be in Vegas in February. You hear me, super Bowl bound. I'm sure all right, Vegas, He's going down February eleven, Dallas Cowboys versus whoever in the Super Bowl.
Speaker 3: Let's go all right.
Speaker 8: Well, Juicy J will be joined us this morning. We're gonna be kicking it with JUICYG. He has a new book. We're gonna talk to him about that new book. And let's get the show cracking. Front page news. Tesla Figuero will be here, should be talking to us about what's better.
Speaker 4: Have the NFL scores ready? Okay, you ain't shipping NFL scores this morning. It's the Breakfast Club.
Speaker 8: Good morning morning everybody. It's stj NZ, Charlamagne, the guy. We are the Breakfast Club.
Speaker 6: Let's getting some front page news.
Speaker 9: Good morning Tests, Good morning dj MVY, Charlemagne, the God and the Breakfast Club Family.
Speaker 3: Peace.
Speaker 11: Tests.
Speaker 8: Listen, let me run through these scores now. Last night in the NFL, the Falcons beat the Panthers. The Browns beat the Bengals twenty four to three, The Jaguars beat the Colts thirty one twenty one, Buccaneers beat the Vikings, the Saints beat the Titans forty nine, Ers beat the Steelers, Commanders beat the Cardinals, Ravens beat the Texans.
Speaker 1: The Packers beat the Bears.
Speaker 8: Last night, the Raiders beat the Broncos seventeen sixteen. The Eagles beat the Patriots nearly twenty five to twenty. Dolphins beat the Charges thirty six, thirty four, Rams beat the Seahawks thirty thirteen, and tonight the Jets take on the Bills.
Speaker 4: And don't forget the Dallas Cowboys wipe they ass with the New York Giants last night.
Speaker 3: Final score forty to nothing.
Speaker 4: Made the Giants feel like they shouldn't even finish the season.
Speaker 3: Okay, I don't know.
Speaker 4: The ticket holders for the Giants are turning they tickets in this morning.
Speaker 3: That's how to discussed the day off.
Speaker 8: Talking about though, And congratulations to co Co. She won the women's US Open, So congratulations to that system.
Speaker 1: You were doing your thing out there. Sist.
Speaker 8: It's not about the Giants, it's about you. This morning, you were at the Coco.
Speaker 1: So shout to Coco.
Speaker 4: Last night at the Giants game for no damn reason unless she's a cowboy fan. Okay, if she was there, on behalf of the New York Giants are there because she's a Giants fan, y'all just let her down.
Speaker 8: Oh my goodness, Taz, where you want to start, let's start off with today is nine eleven.
Speaker 1: Let's talk about all.
Speaker 6: The things that's happening today for nine eleven.
Speaker 9: Yeah, let's talk about some other than the Giants that you that you conveniently did not mention. But today, as you guys mentioned, it is the second second, twenty second anniversary of September eleventh, the attacks on the World Trade Center the Pentagon as well as the crash of United Airlines Flight ninety three, and the annual ceremony that takes place will take place again in the nine to eleven Memorial Plaza starting at a thirty and Vice President Kamala Harris is expected to attend.
Speaker 8: All right, now, you know, it's like we were talking earlier, it's so sad every time this date comes around because so many people lost their lives, so many people have never really got closure.
Speaker 6: So again, I just want to say salute to everybody.
Speaker 12: I know.
Speaker 8: The Vice President's going to be in town today. There's so many blocks and streets closing, So if you have to get to the city today, just give yourself a little extra time.
Speaker 1: Now let's talk about I.
Speaker 4: Know the Vice president feet probably hurt too because I saw her hitting her little jig DIVINRN thing that hip hop post the weekend.
Speaker 6: We're gonna talk about that in the room.
Speaker 3: Miss.
Speaker 8: But now let's talk about Chris Christy. He vows to follow Trump if he skips the next GOP debates.
Speaker 6: That what's happening with that?
Speaker 13: Yeah?
Speaker 9: Former New Jersey Governor Chris Christi val that if former President Donald Trump does not participate in future Republican debates, he'll change his campaign schedule in an effort to set up his own face off with the former president. As we know, Chris Christi is Trump's most vocal critic in the crowded field of Republican presidential hopefuls, and he's long criticized President Trump or former President and Trump for his refusal to attend any debates. He skipped the first one obviously, he's not expected to show up for the second one, which is September twenty seventh, And Chris Christie said, basically, he's going to follow him around, run around and follow him.
Speaker 14: Charlemagne, I know she's ready to say.
Speaker 4: Yeah Trump and Trump vows to have people follow Chris Christy with tubus and play the Tubla behind him where he walks to donut shops everywhere.
Speaker 6: Jesus, Jesus.
Speaker 14: But that'd be some good exercise in chase chasing Trump.
Speaker 4: So what's the point of chasing Trump?
Speaker 1: Though?
Speaker 4: I mean, I think at this point, if you if you're if you're a Republican candidate for president, you should just focus on the issues because Donald Trump is not you know, Donald Trump is too busy talking about the fact he's been indicted and he's fighting his criminal charges and he's talking about which hunts, but he's not talking about, you know, what he wants to do for the American people this time around. So if I was a friend of a president and I was the Republican, I would just talk on this ish that wouldn't be following Trump at all.
Speaker 14: Yeah, all that boring stuff, the issues, I guess.
Speaker 4: So, yeah, the thing that actually mattered most to us, right, all right, right, But I do And if I was Chris Christy, I will keep reminding people because he did this at the debate. He kept reminding people that Donald Trump was a person who wanted to suspend the Constitution just to overturn the results of an election. If you're an American, you don't want somebody in power who doesn't believe in the constitution.
Speaker 8: All right, well that is front page news now, Tess, we'll see in a couple of minutes. Absolutely, everybody else, get it off your chest. Eight hundred five eight five one on five one. If you need to vent, call us up right now. Let us know how your weekend was. Our mom was amazing. Shout out to everybody in Atlanta. I had a great time in Atlanta. Maybe your NFL team lost, maybe your NFL team one, whatever it may be, call us up right now. Eight hundred five eight five one on five to one.
Speaker 2: It's the Breakfast Club. Good morning, the Breakfast Club. This is your time to get it off your chest.
Speaker 3: One. We want to hear from you on the Breakfast Club.
Speaker 1: Hello.
Speaker 15: Who's this Hey? This is Al? Hey, Al, good morning, good morning, good morning, Good morning, Sharla, Good morning the jmvod morning.
Speaker 16: Brother.
Speaker 12: Yeah.
Speaker 15: I want you to know I really appreciate everything that y'all been doing.
Speaker 17: This has been good.
Speaker 15: But Charla, I want to know if you're ready to give yourself donkey today what he was talking about. Noahllots saying that the world champion and track and field was was he was. He was talking about him talking about the NBA players calling themselves world champions and they just got their asses smacked by Germany.
Speaker 4: Well you do know that I disagree with that though, because uh, the best players in the world playing the NBA, but they weren't playing for Team USA.
Speaker 15: I agree, But that doesn't mean that you had to say Noah Lyles was going up against the best runners in the world.
Speaker 4: Donkey of the Day wasn't because of what he said, because I technically he's right.
Speaker 3: The reason I gave him donkey the Day is because why step.
Speaker 4: On your own moment talking down on somebody else like you just wanted, you know, go like go up there and do you celebrate and you embrace your moment?
Speaker 3: Why those other people.
Speaker 15: Point taking all right, sir?
Speaker 3: Hello, who's this?
Speaker 1: Hello? This is and what's up? Get it off your chest?
Speaker 18: I need to give donkeys of the day to a few people up there, Okay, the ahead, I need to give Donkey of the Day to you envy.
Speaker 1: I need to give it to.
Speaker 18: Charloa, missus Nyla, the president of the Fight Club.
Speaker 4: The president of the Fat Lives Matter Committee.
Speaker 1: Yep.
Speaker 19: Who else Eddie read and go to that lady who makes the mixer. I forgot her name, Taylor Taylor. Taylor Taylor. Yeah, why you shooting a? You're shooting at the squad this morning?
Speaker 18: What happened because of my I'm a PSA worker, God bless Americas. Uh, we'll never forget. What did they nine to eleven?
Speaker 3: Yep? Yes, but because of my schedule, I work.
Speaker 18: I work in the mornings, and I always have to listen to the podcast on my way home. I could never listen to Envy Mixed. I could never listen to Nihlis nihlists uh new new songs on Friday. And I think I think it's all the producers up there who need to get dunky to day for that.
Speaker 8: No, I think it's something to do with the copyright the music. Yeah, it ain't there for us. Just what Charla May said, it's a copyright the music. So when it's on YouTube or when it's in podcasts. For me, they can only take our actual voices. They can't take the music. That's why you don't hear any music. You don't hear the mixes, you don't hear none of the exclusives. You don't hear nothing.
Speaker 1: Nothing like that.
Speaker 8: That that is't out for that's that's copyrighting YouTube. We apologize for that. We wish we could put it up there.
Speaker 4: But that makes that means that you, uh, you have to listen live on Fridays from when Nihla does pass the arcs and you got.
Speaker 8: To listen and now am you know, just put the headphones in. But you's the TSA worker, so we can't. He can't have the Breakfast Club on while he's patting people down and checking people. We can't be the reason why somebody sneaks something on a plane. Hey, well, get it off your chest. Eight hundred five eight five one o five one. If you need to vent, hit us up now. It's the Breakfast Club. Good morning, the Breakfast Club.
Speaker 1: It's a new day.
Speaker 3: Is it your time to get it off your chest? Wait, whether you're.
Speaker 6: Mad or black, time to get up and get something.
Speaker 2: Call up now. Eight hundred and five eight five one oh five one. We want to hear from you on the Breakfast Club. Hello, who's this?
Speaker 14: Yo?
Speaker 20: This Chris?
Speaker 6: Chris?
Speaker 11: What up?
Speaker 6: Get it off your chest?
Speaker 15: Hey man?
Speaker 20: I want to say man on party, y'all man they envied Charlo Main solo man out.
Speaker 21: There reading your book. Girl, got me your book, man, I've been taking that out and it's been real healthful. Fu me, man, Like what y'all got?
Speaker 3: Thank you King?
Speaker 4: Which book you got you Black Privilege? You shook one old father them.
Speaker 21: Matter of fact, you got me one for Father's Day and one for the Christmas last year. Man, I appreciate that.
Speaker 20: That's a good read. Good Hey, I also want to get off my tiss man, my dad, my daughter's god mother. He labor Chelsey Ashley Underscore on Instagram. She's a silence up becoming stolist. That's just been Gunner for when he was in the Barkleys his band, and did them for this weekend when he was in Barclays and see also doing the cold for the BMA. Man, I want to give her a shout out out the tech guy. He's up and coming. He's nice and dope and just check out at Underscore. Chelsea Astley Underscore on Instagram.
Speaker 4: Okay, okay, so working salutor. Chelsea Ashley Underscore on Instagram. You dressed gun at this weekend even though you can't wear them clothes nowhere except on stage salute the gunner, Hello, who's this?
Speaker 15: And very big Chocolate the toe set and hurry feel on y'all listen to two things.
Speaker 18: Man, God bless the people we lost on nine to eleven and him listen, you need to tell Charlemagne to.
Speaker 11: Cussey, your brother Scotch behind the team got.
Speaker 18: Lucky last night. Giants are still the better team. And we all remember Charlemagne would make a great Dallas cowboy cheerleader.
Speaker 4: You agree, No, I ain't that cute, said Big Chocolate the to Tucker, with condolences to everybody we lost the nine to eleven and condolences to our New York Giants who lost last night.
Speaker 8: Okay, that's what you should have said. Yeah right, we just lost one game. We'll be back.
Speaker 4: No, no, no, no, y'all got your asses whipped, like y'all might need to go back to training camp and start over.
Speaker 22: Like.
Speaker 4: I don't think the Giants realized that the season started yesterday.
Speaker 3: I really think they thought it was a preseason game.
Speaker 4: It felt like it felt like our starters were playing y'all backups.
Speaker 6: It did feel what I'm saying it did. Hello, who's this?
Speaker 11: I don't want to say my.
Speaker 4: Name Okay, well, what's you on the radio? Nobody can see. You could have made it a name, but no, but you know.
Speaker 16: May people be listening. But I have a question because I just got broken up. But right I'm in a lesbian relationship and I will out of town not so long ago.
Speaker 11: And I you know, I have a business.
Speaker 16: So I was networking and I was speaking to a male about my business and who worked at the bar that I was doing my homework ap and so I came back home and you sent me a message. It's like, hey, how you doing.
Speaker 11: How has your family to d'a? Get back safe? And my girlfriend has a problem with it, and so she broke up with me, Like she's like, I'm a lesbian, I don't deal with males, and I'm just like I do business. I network with males and females. I just wanted to know, like, is that wrong.
Speaker 3: I don't think that's wrong at all.
Speaker 8: I mean, if there was, even if it was another woman, I mean, as long as you're not flirting in this business, I don't see a problem with it.
Speaker 6: You weren't hiding it from your girl.
Speaker 8: So it's not like you were trying to be deceptive or sneaking around.
Speaker 6: Now, I don't see a problem with it.
Speaker 4: Yeah, but those you know, she she probably upset. She probably upset because you're talking to somebody who, you know, got something that she could never have, which is a penis.
Speaker 15: You know.
Speaker 16: And I feel like that the insecurity only comes out with males because I speak to females in the same way and it's usually about my business as I do with males.
Speaker 5: But it's just mail.
Speaker 16: She always has a problem, and I'm like, it makes me feel like, Okay, you're like immaturely dabing.
Speaker 15: You don't know how to day.
Speaker 11: But I'm like, I don't know, like can you have friends to let his wife have?
Speaker 4: You know, your circumstances are totally different. Now I have to ask you a question. Did you get penis before you became a lesbian?
Speaker 6: Good question?
Speaker 1: Did you like Peter? Yes, yes, that's what it is.
Speaker 3: Back to penis. She don't want you to relax.
Speaker 11: But what does that have to do with me?
Speaker 5: That's her in security?
Speaker 16: Like is that something that I'm supposed to ad just.
Speaker 4: It is my boy, She's gonna she's gonna beat you with a deal though. One day, you know, them them lesbian them being. Relationships can get violent. Now, she didn't beat you up already.
Speaker 1: But I will say this.
Speaker 8: I will say, try to have a conversation and bring her in on part of the conversation. You ask if if my wife has male friends, we have friends. She doesn't have friends that I don't know about. She doesn't have friends that she speaks to that I don't know. We all have friends, just like I have female friends, but my wife knows them.
Speaker 6: Uh.
Speaker 3: But it bes bido.
Speaker 6: So I'm not by shut up many if.
Speaker 8: You try to be serious, but I don't give a conversation to try to make it feel comfortable as possible. Obviously she feels a little uncomfortable because she feels like you're gonna get back to the penis. But let her know that you don't want any penis and it's all boxed for you.
Speaker 22: Period.
Speaker 5: Okay, all right, and go and go and.
Speaker 4: Go box them out. Shut up and go box them out. Face what's wrong with you?
Speaker 1: Man?
Speaker 3: You heard what she said.
Speaker 1: She said.
Speaker 3: You was very life getting to say that. I concur my.
Speaker 8: First eight hundred five eight five one oh five one. Get it off your chest. Now when we come back, we got to talk about why the Vice President of the United States. Feet might be hurting this morning. We'll talk about it when we come back. It's the breakfast Club.
Speaker 6: Good morning, the breakfast Club. All right, morning everybody.
Speaker 8: It's stej n V. Charlamagne to God. We are the Breakfast Club. Let's get to the room. Let's let's talk. Kamala Harris or you gossip beat.
Speaker 1: Is the Hoomer Report.
Speaker 23: I mean, I guess were on the breakfast Club.
Speaker 1: This is where the tea.
Speaker 14: Spells, right right.
Speaker 8: My dad just texted me, I hope you didn't go to that game last night. Sure did, Dad, Sure did?
Speaker 3: Oh you didn't take your pops?
Speaker 6: No, I didn't take it. Was it was too nasty last night. My dad was like, it's raining, is nasty.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it was too nasty, man, it was too nasty watching the Giants get their ass kicked forty to old by my Dallas Cowboys. That was nasty. You're right, you made the right decision. Quest exactly how I felt about the Giants performance. Good Dad, I didn't.
Speaker 3: I didn't.
Speaker 8: I did go All right, Now we got to talk Kamala Harris. Now her feet might be hurting today as she's hitting town today to talk about nine to eleven, and that's because they celebrated fifty years of hip hop at the Vice President's house. Right now, she was dancing the vibrant things. She was dancing to two short who performed, and then she spoke about hip hop.
Speaker 10: Hip hop now shake's nearly every aspect of America's popular culture, and it reflects the incredible diversity and inj annuity of the American people.
Speaker 12: Yes, it combines rhythms from the continent of Africa, from the Caribbean, from Latin America with the sounds of soul and gospel and r and being funk to create something entirely new. And to be clear, hip hop culture is America.
Speaker 17: Hip hop is a declaration of identity. It says, I love who I am, rebect is that where I come from now, and I know where I'm going.
Speaker 3: One thing is for sure, or two things for certain.
Speaker 4: That speech was not a freestyle, okay, that was definitely a written and it sounded like one of her white staff writers wrote it.
Speaker 6: Go shut it up.
Speaker 3: It definitely did, all right. It was a lot of mayonnaise in that speech.
Speaker 8: Yeah, well, common was there, d nice O, Marion, Jez Fat, Joe Remy, Maud mc light Rocks and Shante and Too Short performed so.
Speaker 4: And it'll win that And I feel like they dropped the ball, you know what I'm saying when they caught the Vice president dancing, because it was a great fake candid moment.
Speaker 3: But I believe they caught her dancing to the wrong song.
Speaker 4: I believe those moves were meant for Too Short to blow the whistle, all right, But she couldn't hear that well where she was at, and she thought bibrant thing would blow your whistle. Either that or somebody gave her a wrong queue and she started cutting the rug to the wrong record.
Speaker 6: Jesus, all right.
Speaker 8: Now things getting a little messy between Tink and hit Maker. Now our ticket hit Maker have been dating.
Speaker 1: For a while.
Speaker 8: I was supposed to be a secret, but I think everybody knew. I guess they broke up and they were both in Mexico and just happened to be at the same restaurant.
Speaker 13: So just understand, Himmaker, you found and if you think to put the video out of me in the car, you know, just understand, I'm gonna have to let I'm gonna have to let the clip go. I just shouted the man out this morning, So this is absurd. And then I see you in the club and you're gonna dang, you understand what I'm saying. And I can't be anyone but myself. And I had a moment in that car where I had to get physical, and that's what it is.
Speaker 4: You tweaking with a real like a real one.
Speaker 13: Everybody told me to let that go, and everybody told me be careful working with him, and I never seen it until now. New music is on the way. I can't even tell y'all what the what the album is gonna be. But I'm working every day. I'm working hard. And that's what I just don't understand is stole. When I'm working hard and you out here looking off every weekend, you out here getting high, probably getting drunk, taking these holes to trips like bro, I like they getting their bag.
Speaker 4: First of all, y'all know I love Tank. I've been championing Tank for a long time on this radio. But why does every emotion, every moment have to play out via social media. Nobody would have known none of that, nothing's happened if Tank didn't go on social media with.
Speaker 6: Yeah, that is true.
Speaker 8: Well, she talks about putting hands on them, and hit Maker talks about where it all started.
Speaker 6: From, we're going through a breakup.
Speaker 7: Never did nothing to her any in that whole situation, so let's be clear. I'm in Cancun. I didn't talk to her nothing. She posted whatever, happy birthday. I said, thank you very much, never told her where I was at. We just the way guy had worked. Coincidentally, we happened to be in the same place. I didn't even know that she was in the spot until I guess a song played and she went and like stood up on the table.
Speaker 6: At the show.
Speaker 7: So I seen her as I'm walking out of the place. Her and her friends are saying.
Speaker 3: Like, yo, young bird, young bird.
Speaker 7: Because I'm with a bunch of girls. I went and proceeded in getting my car. I got in my car. She opened the car and put her hands on me like she went and said some it and said it was a physical altercation because she know I got the footage of her putting her hands on me.
Speaker 6: Nothing happened between her.
Speaker 7: She lost her her cool in this situation, and we're still mad cool.
Speaker 4: Does he really think that was a coincidence? Do any of us think that was really a coincidence. You know, they just ended up in the same restaurant you said, in Mexico, Mexico, Mexico. Yeah, that that don't sound like a coincidence to me. That sounded like somebody knew that there was gonna be a party that they weren't invited to, so they decided to crash it.
Speaker 3: Drop on the clues box to.
Speaker 8: Take Well, if you're just joining us as we're talking about, Tink and hit Maker got into an incident in Mexico, and then the Kink shaming happened.
Speaker 14: So the women the.
Speaker 13: Same name that y'all going the war over. He eats my ass from the rule to the Tool. I had an altercation with hit Maker, young Bird, Christian, whichever name you prefer. I've been silent about our relationship. I've been silent about us. What happened last night was a combination of things building up since May. What people don't know is that the real reason that things our relationship has changed is because I wanted to create Winner's Diary alone. Hitmaker is my an R, so he oversees a lot of the things I do. I wanted to do a deal with Empire for two more albums. It wasn't me pushing him out my situation. I just wanted to have control over the way the music founded and I made that decision. Hitmaker literally washed his hands with me along with me making that decision. Hit Maker is upset because I would not pay him two million dollars.
Speaker 3: Where was the kink shaming?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 8: And she was like, he ate my bookie while you girls fighting over Oh yeah, yeah, yeah, that was tink shaming.
Speaker 4: We have to you know, us as humans, we have to stop shaming men for dining on the dairy. Yeah, now and now, if you've been listening to your uncle Sharlah for years, way back in the day. The reason I would encourage men to let women toss their salagies because whenever y'all break up, if she ever talk crazy about you, call you a loser, call you a bum, you can always say, yeah, but you snacked on my cheeks.
Speaker 6: Though.
Speaker 4: Right now, women are shaming men because men snack on cheeks. This is how you know, the tables have really turned in twenty twenty three, and women are just as toxic as men used to be. You know, we out here seeking healing, you know, and trying to be the best versions of ourselves, and they out here shaming us, you know, just because we want to snack on some cheeks, my brothers and sisters. This is a prime example. But I'm really talking to the brothers right now. This is a prime example of why you should only eat the bunkie of somebody you married if they don't commit with a ring on the finger, and you don't commit by putting the tongue on the ring of herb brown eye.
Speaker 8: There you go, and that is your room or real part. I hate this place all right. Well, when we come back, we got front page news with Tesla figure Row and Juicy j will be joining us, and don't go anywhere.
Speaker 2: It's the Breakfast Club on be et, the Breakfast Club. Your mornings will never beat the same.
Speaker 8: Good morning, everybody's dej envy Charlemagne the guy we are the Breakfast Club. Hi this time for some front page news. Good morning tears one.
Speaker 9: Of DJ and B Charlemagne, the gun Breakfast Club family.
Speaker 8: I'm gonna go through these scores right fast. The Falcons beat the Panthers, the Browns beat the Bengals, the Jaguars beat the Coach, Buccaneers beat the Vikings, the Saints beat the Titans. Forty nine Ers beat the Steelers. Yesterday, Commanders beat the Cardinals, the Ravens beat the Texans, the Packers beat the Bears, Raiders beat the Broncos, Eagles beat the Patriots, Dolphins beat the Chargers, the Rams beat the Seahawks, Cowboys beat the Giants, and tonight the Jets take on the Bills. All right, and we gotta congratulate, huh.
Speaker 4: And don't forget that the Dallas Cowboys gave out complimentary forties to the New York Giants last night. So nice to them, because you know, people don't really drink forties like that anymore. So they bought Saint I, they bought Old English, they bought Cold forty five, they bought Slitch Malt Liquor, the Blue Bull, they bought Mickey's, they bought King Kobra, they bought two to eleven. Okay, they bought Hurricane. They bought forties for the whole Giants team. And I thought that was very very very very respectable of them to do. Salute to my Dallas Cowboys for being America's team always whatever.
Speaker 8: And we got to congratulate Coco who won the Women's US open congratulations she killed the like last night. She actually was at the Giants game Queen Latif for saying the national anthem. So salute to Queen Latifa and Coco to beautiful black queens, two beautiful black queens that were in attendance to watch the Dallas Cowboys white. They asked with the New York Giants and drop on the clues bomb for the Dallas Cowboys.
Speaker 4: You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 3: We were so inspired by.
Speaker 4: Having co Co whin attendance, so inspired by Queen Lativas singing the national anthem. It was the next day with Today is the twenty two year anniversary of nine eleven. So my Dallas Cowboys, who are America's team, had to show up for America in that moment.
Speaker 3: How couldn't we? Oh boy?
Speaker 6: All right, well, Tess, let's jump right into it.
Speaker 8: Let's talk about this rapper arrested after police say he confessed to his murder in his song.
Speaker 9: Yeah, I want to hear what you guys think about this? A Las Vegas rapper, twenty five year old Kijon McDaniel, who was previously considered to be a person of interest in a twenty twenty one killing has been arrested after police say he confessed to the murder in the lyrics of one of his songs, and he currently faces a charge of murder with a deadly weapon in the death of Randall Wallace, who was fatally shot on September eighteenth, twenty twenty two, twenty twenty one. He was named a person of interest because of his connection to a vehicle that mattered description. But when he did a music video, that is where they made the connection to say that, you know, he's possibly certainly a person of interest. Now, the awards the arrest warrant included a few lyrics of his song. Now they haven't showed all of the lyrics, but they said that there was one that he was talking about the victim's body twitching. They said that the evidence did show that the victim's body was twitching. There were also lyrics about where the car was parked and details that correlated with the murder. But the thing most of all that really got him was the video featured him re enacting some of the murder in a way that is consistent with the evidence at the scene.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I mean, we've spoken about this a million times. He deserves it.
Speaker 4: He earned it, and you can't be mad at them for using these lyrics in court because if you stupid enough to confess to a crime via a record that you are doing, you deserve you know, did you deserve to have those lyrics used against you?
Speaker 3: Period?
Speaker 6: Hey, I agree with you.
Speaker 8: If you stupid enough to put it in the song, be they should be smart enough to take your ass away.
Speaker 4: Absolutely, And I mean with what we don't want is for them to be committing crimes in the first place. Correct, But please, if you're going to commit the crime, damn sure, don't go in the booth and rap about it.
Speaker 3: And I blame every rapper.
Speaker 4: That came before this guy, all of these guys who've gotten in the booth and celebrated the drug culture, celebrated the gang culture, you know, made dollars off of violence. But they were lying. They made all of these brothers in the street feel like, you know, if they're really out here committing these crimes, they can you know, rap about them because the people before them was getting our records line about the crimes they committed, so they was like, okay, well I guess we're really doing it. I guess it's okay to confess to these crimes via music and now look at his ass that Jesus and it goes.
Speaker 9: It speaks to something you talk about all the time performing on social media, you know, the need to express every single thing you know, and so wanting to do a video that's literally like again, the crime is wrong, shouldn't have done at the beginning, But it just goes into again of this social media thing, which brings my next story up, which about is trauma is trendy? A therapist say that gen X embraces sharing their pain on TikTok. An expert in treating stress and emotional damage says that sharing trauma with the entire world has become trendy on social media, mainly because gen Z is the first generation not to feel ashamed of it. Trauma experts say that there's an uptick on social media people talking about their past trauma, and now it is a trend among young adults, but I would say it's a trend all the way across the board all ages, and the uptick of young people have symptoms of ADHD, OCD and autism may be a result of recognizing unresolved trauma. Really good report on that showing why people feel they have to, you know, express the trauma on social media.
Speaker 3: Well it's a cry for help, right.
Speaker 4: You know, if you're sitting at home, you dealing with some type of anxiety, and you're dealing with, you know, some type of depression. You know, if you get online and express it, then you'll find other people who are going through the same thing that you're going through. So now you feel like you got a village and I think that gives you some sort of script. So you know, what we need to continue to make trendy is healing, Well, we need to continue to make trendy. Is people going to therapy? You know what I'm saying, Like, that's that's what we got to continue to make trendy.
Speaker 6: But is that the help that you want?
Speaker 8: Because I mean, once you go online, like you said, yeah, there are some people that are understand what you're going through, but I'm sure there's a zillion more people that will just take shots at you and make it worse, you know what I mean. And that's what I'm fearful of because you know, people don't understand. They think everything is funny, and if somebody's out there, you know, pouring their hearts out. You know people that make fun of it first, and you know, people are doing that usually because they need help. And sometimes I feel like social media ain't the place to get help.
Speaker 3: I agree with that too.
Speaker 4: But that's why parents, and that's why, you know, adults, all of us got to continue to tell our stories. Because if you continue to tell your story, you help to eradicate the stigma around mental health. And maybe some of those people before they run to TikTok, before they run to social media, they'll run to you and you know, ask you what you did in order to you know, get a handle on your anxiety or your depression, or you know, whatever it is that you may be going through. And that is exactly why Great Segue I do my Mental Wealth Expo every year to honor World Mental Health Day. We're doing it again this year. The third annual Mental Wealth Wealth Expo is October seventh, Saturday, October seventh at the Marryout Marquee Times Square from eleven am to four pm.
Speaker 3: It is a free event.
Speaker 4: I bring you together some of the best psychiatrists and therapists and mental health experts and mental health advocates and it's just the day of Mental health education and healing and it's a free event eleven am to four pm. Just go to mentalealthexpo dot com for more information. All right, well, that is your front page news Thinking tism absolutely and make sure you subscribe to Teslin Figureos podcast this great shot, No chase of podcasts on the Black Effect. iHeartRadio podcast network and follow at Teslin figure Out on all social media platforms.
Speaker 8: All right, now, when we come back, Juicy Jay will be joining us. He has a new book out. We're gonna kick it with Juicy J when we come back, So don't move. It's the Breakfast Club.
Speaker 2: Good morning, the Breakfast Club, The Breakfast Club.
Speaker 3: Your mornings will never be the same.
Speaker 6: Holding everybody is Steve j n V.
Speaker 8: Charlamagne, the guy. We are to Breakfast Club. We got a special guest in the building, the living legend himself, Juicy J.
Speaker 1: Yoyo. What's good man?
Speaker 4: She was has an amazing book out right now called Chronicles of the Juice Man, a memoir.
Speaker 3: I'm gonna be honest with you.
Speaker 4: I got this book a couple of weeks ago, and I was like, I don't even know Juicy J had a book coming out and from the prologue.
Speaker 3: It's exciting.
Speaker 1: Thank you man.
Speaker 4: So many questions about the book, but I never knew. First things, first that they had flavor cocaine watermelon cotton cans.
Speaker 8: That way you want to jump in that before we get watermelon flavor cocaine with.
Speaker 1: Water would play with cocaine. I didn't know they had that. It was crazy. When I said, I was just just like, y'all, was like, what they.
Speaker 3: Put the flavors in there?
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'm not gonna try it, but you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 4: And you never tried cocaine. No, contrary to popular belief. You know you never tried cocaine. But you talk about why in the book. Can you touch on that a little bit?
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 24: I was when I was like a kid, I was watching TV and I've seen this basketball player named Lynn Bias, that's right, And they said, oh, Letten Bias, he died on cocaine. And I was like, looking at you, like cocaine. I just you know, I didn't know what it was.
Speaker 1: I was like cocaine.
Speaker 24: I was like, I ain't never doing cocaine. Like when I seen that, that's stuck in my head. I said, if I feel I just felt like if I did it, I die And then like soon as right after that, I you know, I think I could have been I don't know, I could have been thirteen fourteen, And this is the older I got. You know, I started getting approached and myth it's like, you know, I would see people in the street.
Speaker 1: They'd be like, hey, they want some cocaine, want this one that?
Speaker 24: And I was like, first thing came to my mind, like that's that stuff that Linn Bias took.
Speaker 1: I said, hell no, I ain't taking that show, no.
Speaker 3: Matter what way the coming. Yeah.
Speaker 4: And you always seem to have like a sense of self awareness about yourself that other people around you didn't seem to have.
Speaker 3: How was that self awareness help are hurt you in life?
Speaker 1: I don't really think it hurt me.
Speaker 11: It may.
Speaker 24: I think it kept me to survive. I survived off that I would have. It's weird. I would have these two voices in my head. I had one voice be like, hey, hey hey do this do that smashed that without the rub or whatever?
Speaker 1: But then I have another voice be like, man, you know what I'm saying. You know what happened? Easy?
Speaker 24: You know I might I had these voices in my head telling me like one one is telling me to go, one is telling me, nah, you might don't want to do that cause you know this girl might be this, you might get it pregnant then and child support and all. You know, it's just all kind of crazy even just whatever, not just saying just with females, just with it in the street stuff. You know, it's times I you know I talk about in the book I had to strap about to blow somebody's ass off, and then like one minute something's telling me to gold. Then something's like, nah, man, you might don't want to do that because this person, you know, he might snitch on you. Can you trust this you with?
Speaker 1: You know what I'm saying. So what got you out of that?
Speaker 20: That?
Speaker 1: I got the hell out of La and I moved back to Midphis.
Speaker 24: You know what I'm saying, Like immediately I sold my house like I was gonna get the out of everybody like you leaving the man, I'm gone, bro, Like if I stay here, I'm gonna kill myself because I was doing so much drugs and Viking.
Speaker 1: And adderall all kind of bro had had a.
Speaker 24: Medicine cabinet fulish, like you could have came I could have prescribed you something, bro, because I had so many people, you know, doctors, Like I always get my straight from the doctors, you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 1: So I had these colored, wacky doctors, you know what I'm saying. They would give me all Candi, Sam whatever I want to give me in two hundred dollars and be like what you want.
Speaker 4: The funniest part of that story, I mean there's always human and everything.
Speaker 15: Right.
Speaker 4: Yeah, you talk about how the girl you told your girlfriend at the time to come pick you up, yeah, you might kill yourself. Yeah, and then it's like two sentences later, So I broke up with that girl and I moved it.
Speaker 1: Yeah she came to your age.
Speaker 3: Yeah yeah, yeah, for real, she did.
Speaker 1: You know what I'm saying. I appreciate it, you know, thank you. You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 24: But I just I was to the point where I just needed I needed to get out. So, you know, I had a lot of stress and a lot of pressure. I was just pressured, but I was stuck, you know what I mean, Like, I'm so used to making great music with the group and everything was moving forward and everything was falling apart. So I was like you know I was. I was really depressed, but I was drinking, crying. It was just like I was just hurt.
Speaker 9: Man.
Speaker 1: You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 4: People wouldn't think that because you was having the most success, you know, y'all, I just wanted to Oscar had the MTV show.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you know, nobody would think you would be depressed. Yeah. People when they would see me, they would see me drinking. But I was drinking to escape. You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 24: I was really trying to get away from the pain I had that was going on with me. You know what I'm saying. Even y'all, y'all probably seen me during that time, you know, just around because we was partying.
Speaker 1: I I was running everybody.
Speaker 24: Yeah, I was smiling, drinking, but like, deep down, I was not feeling too good man.
Speaker 4: And I refuse to believe, man, that you ever wore two rubbers. I don't know why people be telling that I did.
Speaker 1: I did can't.
Speaker 3: Put on two rubbers, but she.
Speaker 24: Can't as I did. I don't believe I did. I don't believe I had a situation.
Speaker 1: You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 24: I was with this chick, Yeah, and then I got you know, sizzled and then I had then wrote this song called Don't be Scared with the rubb on the hair for rubber, you know, like safe sex.
Speaker 1: But it was a hit in the hood.
Speaker 24: Yeah, just walking around in the club. But I can say club because I wasn't really going in the clubs like that. But I would see in the street and just like people like playing it in their cars, don't be scared put a rubber on their head.
Speaker 1: It was just a chant.
Speaker 8: So you would never even scared to talk about the STDs in this book either.
Speaker 24: No, you know what I mean, It's real. A lot of I didn't get burnt before j You know what I'm saying, not mean neither promise to God life. Hey man, that's grace of God.
Speaker 6: Now I want you said you been back to Memphis, right, what the Memphis mean to you?
Speaker 8: You know, recently I did a call Shoal of Memphis and I see how much Memphis supports Memphis to talk about why you left Memphis and then why you thought you had to come back.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I had to come back to get my mind right.
Speaker 24: You know what I'm saying. I just wentn't grounded. I had been in La too, long. You know what I'm saying, It took me over the music. My music would sound different. I was moving different, I was doing a lot of crazy drugs, and so I went straight back to Memphis and I just went back to the hood, Jill, and you know, I got my vibes back. I understood what you know. My grounds were my roots, you know what I'm saying. And then I was like, all right, well cool, I can go anywhere in the world. I never lose my sound again.
Speaker 4: I didn't know you and Project Pat was actually brothers, and I didn't know Paul was Lord Infamous's uncle.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Does it make it harder easier working with family?
Speaker 1: No? No, No, it's cool. It's everything. You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 24: I'm glad I worked with my family, man, because my brother is one of the persons that brought me out of it. You know what I'm saying. I was in LA he would come in there. I'd be laid out on some lean. He'd be like, y'all doing y'all ain't hot. No mold people tell me that, y'all be like what you saying, You're what I said, y'all ain't I'm in the clubs out here in La High.
Speaker 1: You know what I'm saying, ain't playing those three six monthea in the clubs. No more done.
Speaker 24: It's new here man, y'all be said, May y'all beat on, You sound the same. May I ain't got no y'all. You gotta put that hand based on y'all be said, Man, Listen, y'all, listen to this bass.
Speaker 1: Listen, y'all bass.
Speaker 3: You know he's playing. I think he was playing a drummer boys study.
Speaker 1: Listen to his base. Listen to y'all base, y'all base eight. And I was like, you're right.
Speaker 6: I was gonna ask.
Speaker 8: You know, there was one time they used to say that that the music that you guys put out was demonic, and that was like that the thing?
Speaker 6: How bad did that affect y'all?
Speaker 1: Man? Them to me?
Speaker 3: The musical?
Speaker 1: I mean, I'm a church man, so I mean I looked at this.
Speaker 24: Like you ain't nobody you know what I'm saying, worship no devil or touching a weedy boar or whatever y'all think it is.
Speaker 20: No.
Speaker 24: I just looked at it like, hey man, it is what it is. But we I felt like we had to clean the name up. So We changed the name of three six Manthea because.
Speaker 1: I felt like it just because it was everybody was scared. Regulated was like, I don't know, man, I don't know, we might want to sign, we might don't know.
Speaker 24: It was you know whatever, man. We changed the name up and then things started coming together.
Speaker 4: You know, even seeing the book, how you know that the three six Mafia thing the Devil worst but thing was was kind of a gimmick.
Speaker 1: That's what I felt, you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 24: I didn't see nobody works with the Devil, so I just looked at like a gimmick, you know, I didn't look at it like it was really worshman the.
Speaker 1: Devil, you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 24: But I mean, like Memphis was a dark city, so it was a dark time. So you know, Triple six Mabi was perfect. But that at the time, you know what I'm saying, because Memphis is still dark, but it was like just it's crazy and not and back then, but you know that's what I'm saying.
Speaker 1: I was coming from that, so it was cool.
Speaker 24: But then like later on, we started making you know, more music, and you know, a couple more.
Speaker 1: I don't think we brought this out, I'll call the end.
Speaker 24: We had changed everything went from triple sixty three six and it was better, you know, our sound had we stepped that game up on the sound. We had a couple of records on there that was a little bit more radio friendly. Nobody want to play on radio, so we had a couple of records on that radio friendly. So yeah, man, you know, it's just about growth, you know, with a formula.
Speaker 3: To me, it was Memphis.
Speaker 1: It was mythic.
Speaker 4: But that's what I love about the book too. How you detail Memphis?
Speaker 24: Yeah, yeah, yeah, everything, everything, everything, our sound, everything came from the city, you know what I'm saying. But just the way we made our beats, we had like a certain kind of formula. We made our beats like you know, some people make they beat certain ways, some people make you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 1: We had our way We made our beat.
Speaker 24: Because they're like, I gotta make y'all base silid, like I gotta make y'all kicks oile, like I gotta make y'all you know what I'm saying, snare sounding like that. We was very We made our own We created our own snares, We created our own kicks.
Speaker 1: You know what I'm saying. We didn't get our kicks from somebody else. We created it.
Speaker 8: Knowing everybody's DJ Envy, Charlamagne, the guy we are, the Breakfast Club were still kicking it with Juicy J. Now you're talking about the drug use in the book, and you know you just mentioned it. Now, what got you to slow down on the drug use?
Speaker 1: Was it the birth of your kids?
Speaker 6: Was it mom Duke's Was it not in the zone? What got you out of that?
Speaker 3: God called that time out?
Speaker 1: Yeah? It was? It was. It was getting crazy.
Speaker 24: I remember I was at a show in Atlanta and I was coming from Atlanta. I was doing a lot of I was drinking at Bomb Bay.
Speaker 1: Man.
Speaker 24: I was just like literally, you know what I'm saying, like slump over in the car and my body guard.
Speaker 1: Was like give me like this, hey man, he ain't take it. He just wished out of my ear. Take it these on the drugs. Man, you're looking bad man, you know. And I was on the on the ride home, I just had tears in my eyes. I was just thinking about three six months here and could we get this grew back together and we could figure out you.
Speaker 24: Know what I'm saying, and so you know, that was this one incident. And then I did a show in New York and I had left my xen X in the room.
Speaker 1: And boy see, I didn't I didn't know the powerful the power of xen X.
Speaker 24: You gotta take them jumps every day, if you like, miss a couple of days, and you started getting these bodies, these crazy body aches talking like this, just like Man, I was like scratching, I was like tweaking. I was like, man, I said, I don't feel right telling Ray, I was like, man, I don't feel good. Man, I didn't take my Zands and left him in the room. And then we did the show and I was sweating on stage, and man, it was.
Speaker 1: Just like crucial.
Speaker 24: So then I remember we went to Atlanta kind of just kind of moving forward, cause we were flying all over the places when we went to Atlanta. Because when I got back to the room, I took the Zaans, So I was cool. I was like, so then I went we went to Atlanta and I made a mistake one left the Zans in the room.
Speaker 1: Again.
Speaker 24: We had to do the show, and I just man, at that day, man, I was really feeling really down. Bro I was like just like slumped over and I was like, man, I'm not feeling good man. And I was outside the club and I was telling Mike will I was like, man, I left my zans in the room hotel room.
Speaker 1: He said, oh, Man, I know you, I know you're.
Speaker 24: Going through it. And after that, I was like, man, I can't do this moment. My manager, my cousin took me to a doctor and a doctor told me how to get out to that.
Speaker 4: Next You had a lot of people close to you that didn't get the opportunity to you know, shake shake it like you did. You know, I'm thinking that Mac Miller's and you know the gangster booze. God blessed it dead. Do you think there was a point you wish you could have, like, I don't know, intervened with them or you couldn't help them because you couldn't eve help yourself at the time.
Speaker 24: Well, you know, back in the day when three since my we first started, I wasn't really doing a lot of drugs like everybody else.
Speaker 1: You know what I'm saying. I might up a little lean here, smoke a little taste of weed there.
Speaker 24: You know, I was a heavy drinker, but I didn't do drugs like they did drugs.
Speaker 1: They was really going hard with the cocaine. And you know, Lord was on a little hair on here and there. You know what I'm saying. It was very, very very serious.
Speaker 24: So situation was I was trying to get everybody off not so much. I was trying to get everybody off of the I didn't really I really didn't give about the syrup and the piels because I feel like that really wasn't the problem.
Speaker 1: The problem I saw was was.
Speaker 24: A cocaine Because when they do cocaine, when they come up those withdrawals, they go crazy.
Speaker 1: You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 24: It makes you mad, makes you like you're a tough guy, you know what I'm saying. To hit the cocaine boy, they would turn it up, all them going to club.
Speaker 3: They're the club up. You know what I'm saying. It would throw man.
Speaker 24: I seen Paul throw a chat about shoot a strap. You know what I'm saying, Like mother go crazy, you know what I'm saying. It was just turned up like that. And I was only you know, like half sober. I mean half sober, like I might have contented, had a couple of drinks or something. But I'm still saying, so I'm like holding Paul back. Lord Coop, you.
Speaker 1: Know what I'm saying.
Speaker 24: Coop was like a Coop was crazy as hell. Man ain't gonna like rest in peace, but he would do anything like Coop. It was just like if you just say, man, let's just blow up a building, he would He'd be like all for He was crazy like that, you know. And Crunchy Black. Same what Crunchy Black was. Every week he was going to jail. He was fight shootouts, all chemistry.
Speaker 1: You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 24: So I was just trying to man, I was the main dude, just trying to hold you know, everybody back from doing that. I called the White Devil, you know what I'm saying, because it was really it was. It was destroying the group, you know what I'm saying. And then you know, things advanced. We won an Oscar and then that was it. You know, we went Hollywood, and how difficult was it to talk back to the members during that time when everybody went their own ways and everybody was having their own success. How difficult was it to say, you know what, let's put the group in front of everything else.
Speaker 1: It was very difficult man, because they didn't listen to me. They just laugh at me.
Speaker 6: That I was who was the most difficult to talk to the Lord.
Speaker 1: Of us Man rest in peace. He was a cold mother man, like he was the man man. It was hard to deal with.
Speaker 24: My memory was in the car we got pulled over, right, they didn't find nothing in the car.
Speaker 1: And then I looked into his part.
Speaker 24: I said, man, you better be glad they didn't check your own pocket, because his pocket had some xanax. He had a lot of his part, like it's like it's a little he had like a little button down, you know, had like the side pocket, his side pocket.
Speaker 1: He had so much. He said, oh, they got all about that. I forgot to hide that.
Speaker 24: I was like, oh after that day, that was the day I said I can't ride with you. I would have got my own transportation. I want to get this band if he's riding in like the same bands. Man part used to dry the bands and then we start hiring drivers. But that day when he said he forgot to hide that drug, the heroin and the coke and whatever he had in that little side pocket, I was like this.
Speaker 1: But it was difficult with Lord of the man.
Speaker 4: When you was writing the dedications, because I feel like the dedications are every everybody that you lost, right, yeah, pretty much when you write there, How did that feel you just have to write that dedication? Yeah, it's bad, man, It's crazy, bro, Like I should have tear every other day man thinking about that.
Speaker 20: Man.
Speaker 24: You know what I'm saying. It's been a it's been a great painful journey. You know what I mean, great painful journey.
Speaker 4: Your mother, Lord, Infamous coupstera Gangster, bou Creep, Brady and Cardi k rock Burn.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 8: Yeah, I always always when I ask when I heard stories about you know, drug use like that, like do you remember who.
Speaker 6: Introduced you to it?
Speaker 15: Right?
Speaker 8: Because as a kid or growing up, I remember who introduced me to my favorite car, my favorite sports team, my favorite rapper, my favorite musician. Do you remember the time that somebody introduced you to that drug? And what what made you say? You know what, I'm gonna try.
Speaker 1: It trying to think the xen x who introduced me.
Speaker 24: I mean, you know, like at at the end of the day, like Lord, Lord and uh crunching them did they did a lot of xan xy stuff, so you know it was around already, and I used to when I used to was flying a lot and I was talking to this doctor met in Hollywood. I was like, man, flying and probably need something to calm myself down or something.
Speaker 1: I got some point and he just gave me the zen x, you know what I'm saying. So it kind of went from a little conversation. I was like, Okay, I know, you know, crunch them take xan x, you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 6: So it went from there.
Speaker 1: You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 24: I never I never really seen them go crazy like off the chain on some some pills or even some lean, you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 1: It was kind of sleepy, kind of you know, slum or whatever.
Speaker 24: But even that was like the cocaine I wouldn't do because I felt like the cocaine was more like the raised drug. So I was like, I ain't never had a slow down on the lean and stuff like that, So I guess this might be cool to you know, Papa Zana or something. And then it just gradually, you know, definitely makes you feel good.
Speaker 1: There's gradual.
Speaker 24: It just kind of slowly but surely took me over, you know what I'm saying, and then the Lane already knew boy Lane. I mean I sip Lane had sip ling before. So you know I had you know, I had to the hook on the act. I had so much act man. They I was the act man, man.
Speaker 1: I was acting. I still got something. Yes, what is ACT activists? Oh? Yeah, but did they just continued it do something? Yeah? They had banded. I still got something.
Speaker 6: I have no idea what you're talking about.
Speaker 3: Yeah, what is ACT activists?
Speaker 1: That?
Speaker 6: Google it?
Speaker 4: Yeah? Google it now. I love book, you know, don't try it. I love how in the book you pay harmedy to Memphis music. But you talk a lot about Stacked Records. Yes, talk about how you were influenced by that, by the story of Stack.
Speaker 1: Al Bail Jim Stewart. You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 24: Uh, he had a sister too that was involved in Static. I can't even remember my name. She was a last name Stewart too. Man, I was just influenced by that.
Speaker 23: Man.
Speaker 1: You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 24: Isaac Hayes, Rufus Thomas, you damn a man. They had the Tien Prees and it was it was the biggest record Labelhen it's out and you know when I was coming up, you know, it was over with, but uh, they had tore down the building.
Speaker 1: I remember it was on the news and the newspaper. They tore down the Stacks building.
Speaker 24: I was like, why they do that? You know what I'm saying, I just start with some racists. They're like, man, folks on one's ash.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 24: Man, they tot them other building down, like that's a historic place, and they tore it down and they eventually built it back up.
Speaker 1: But I was like, man, we're gonna we're gonna be like Stacks, and I'm a following the footsteps of Albail.
Speaker 24: Al Bel was like he was running Stacks, the black dude, And I got the book. I read like I read that book like back and forth and back and forth because I was so interested. How to hide this from you know, he was actually from he was from d c our Bells from DC, and I was just he moved to Memphis and he started running Stacks. So I was just so interested, like this man, you know, run a whole record label. So I was just reading about what he did, and I took I talked about in my book everything that he did. I did a lot of stuff and you know in my life my career to follow in his footsteps in their.
Speaker 1: Work, you know what I'm saying. So that's that was the big influence that I had.
Speaker 6: I well, don't move.
Speaker 1: We got more with JUCJ.
Speaker 6: When we come back.
Speaker 1: It's the Breakfast Club.
Speaker 8: Good morning, Good morning everybody. It's DJ NV Charlamagne the guy. We are the Breakfast Club. It's still kicking it with ju CJ Charlomagne.
Speaker 4: I don't want to get it was too much away from the book, but like when when I read about your granddad had, do you have what it was two families.
Speaker 3: That all had the same names.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, yeah.
Speaker 24: He had had one family Myphis and I think the other one the other one was like in Mississippi, and.
Speaker 1: So he had named them the same names.
Speaker 3: So that's wow.
Speaker 24: Yeah, so he couldn't u So you remember you remember the names, you know what I'm saying. Like my mom name was Shirley, so he named his other daughter he had somewhere else Shirley, so he could remember the names. Like going back to mental health, you know my mom, you know what I'm saying. For her to come from that kind of situation, you know, I could tell you know, she had been damaged by that.
Speaker 1: You know what I'm saying. I could tell doing her movements and things she did. She was upset about that. You know.
Speaker 24: She's like I said, man, mental health starts with in the beginning of your life, and then it can affect you later.
Speaker 1: It does affect you later on in your life.
Speaker 3: But what got you on your healing journey?
Speaker 24: You know, talking talking with my therapists. My therapist first thing he told me, he said, man, let's start with the beginning.
Speaker 1: You know what I'm saying, how you know, how were you raised? Weren't you you know, how's your mom? And then that would put me. I was like, oh, okay, that's well, I'm like I am today because I went through this, and you know what I'm saying, Okay, okay. I started realized.
Speaker 24: He helped me realize my issues I had, like my paranoia, always looking over my shoulder.
Speaker 22: You know.
Speaker 24: You know what I'm saying, I might overdo it. I might have like more guns on me than the average gun. I post to appos. You know, maybe it's like, hey, man, you're going to a small function, bring one gun. I might have two three, I mean, just bring one security I might have four. You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 1: Coming up in Memphis, it's like, man, it was crazy out there. You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 3: I was like.
Speaker 1: Just talking about robbing me, doing this and doing that.
Speaker 24: So I'm like, i'ma be on point, pull up. I'm gonna shoot him in the face. You know, That's just how it was. You had to you know, coming up in members you gotta be like that.
Speaker 1: They make you like that.
Speaker 24: Even you try to be like, I'm gonna be cool, ain't gonna do nothing. Man stole my bike, you know what I'm saying. Shot my cock one day. I'm like, all right, you know what I'm saying's like that, Okay, I'm a mask up on your mask.
Speaker 3: You just had a bunch of unhealed trauma. You need a unpack.
Speaker 1: There you go or so I'm like just right here.
Speaker 24: So then even when I come there, like I go anywhere, I'm on the same type of time.
Speaker 1: You know what I'm saying, I ain't never like I'm just chilling in a different city. So like it's chill. Hell No, we got more guns. We got advests. I used to sleep with a bulletproof vests on in Memphis. You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 24: When I was in my house, you know, it was just so bad like that, I would sleep with the best song then I would I would try to train myself to wake up to grab a gun at a certain time. I hear, I hear a noise and ours I'm jumping up with the strap.
Speaker 1: You know what I'm saying, Like.
Speaker 4: He told you to get a better gun one time though, Yeah, yeah, I got pulled over and he seen my gun.
Speaker 1: I had this little thirty eight. He said it's piece.
Speaker 24: Of bullets out and threw the gun back at me. Dang, I may get you a better gun man.
Speaker 1: And they drove off.
Speaker 4: How would you define Memphis now versus when you were growing up?
Speaker 1: It's worse now.
Speaker 3: Really, it's so bad now.
Speaker 1: Man. They jacking every day. Bro, you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 24: I mean, like it was bad then, but now it's like they didn't they didn't boost it up.
Speaker 4: I feel like, you know, and we always say that things are worse now. The thing I think is missing is there's no like it's just crazy, it's not there's no spiritual foundation, Like these kids ain't got no morals, no values, like no respect you know, there was a respect among there was an honor among thieves and crooks back I know that sounds crazy when you think about it, but there it was.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it was. It was a real street code back then. You know, it was You're right, it was honor. You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 24: It was like, all right, we're doing this, we're doing that, but we're not doing you know, we're not you know, no kids involved, you know, stuff like that in street business.
Speaker 1: But now it's like, you know what I'm saying, anything goes to the door, anybody wouldn't kill them all.
Speaker 25: You know.
Speaker 1: They just think like that. People think like that. Now, That's what i mean.
Speaker 24: Like, you know, when I'm done with this raps man, when you know the older, when I get close to sixty, you know what I'm saying, pushing seventy, I'm running for an office or some down that miphis man, I want to change the city. I want to get people better jobs because they don't have job opportunities down there.
Speaker 1: Man, They like the hope is down there. It's like there's no hope. So people are just going crazy down there. You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 24: I think if they had better jobs and opportunities down than miphis and definitely some uh, you know, somebody talking to these us, you know what I'm saying, and talking about mental health and talking about situations in life and how can we try to fix this.
Speaker 1: I think things could be better.
Speaker 8: They need more things to do, yes, like anything comes to the city. And like like I said, when I did the cost show out there, it was so many things, families and even even the police and the sheriff they were happening. It was like, we need more events like this, yeah, for kids to get them out the streets, let them come in and see things and be inspired. And I was like a lot of cities need stuff like that. And the amount of people that came out in Memphis it was just amazing. But then when it was time to do afterpart, I was like, I don't know, I'm gonna go do afterpart. I heard three people got shot last night, you know what I mean. So it was that type of thing as well.
Speaker 1: You know, yeah it's bad man, yep, I feel you. I know y'all had like hello police with.
Speaker 6: Job because I was gonna ask we busy out there?
Speaker 8: When you talk about somebody setting you up, how do you trust people again after you say somebody on your team set you up, Like, how do you develop that trust again? Because that gott to be developed, a trust like other people on your team, because you always got to be looking over your shoulder.
Speaker 3: You always gotta be scared, you know, man, you know it?
Speaker 1: Just I just say, man, or.
Speaker 6: Do you not trust anybody anymore?
Speaker 3: Really?
Speaker 24: I really pretty much don't you know what I'm saying. I trust to folks on with you know what I'm saying. I mean, look, at the end of the day three sismighty, I trusted a lot of people in three sis Mabi. You know we was a real it was you know, we was a but it was like a lot of outside that was coming in. I didn't trust you know what I'm saying, and in the group didn't trust you know what I'm saying, stuff like situation like that. But as far as before three like not even talking about three seis might be me just coming up in north members. No, I can't trust nobody, man. Nah, I had this chick set me up. I was at this chick crib running one day and uh, I mean I slept like when I woke up, I was like Damn. I never slept that that long, you know what I'm saying. I woke up, all my money in my pockets was gone. Damn my car was on flat all four times, was on flat. So you should have said no the ratchet, right, that would have been the end of ratchet for me.
Speaker 3: Juicy.
Speaker 1: I mean, you know, I just hit to.
Speaker 24: It's like pointing now where you can say no the rapport. I mean, I'm married now, you know what I'm saying. That's done. But you know, after that, I start getting hotelrom caause I didn't get hotel rooms at first. I was just like, you know, in a chick's house or whatever. I might have to strap or some something, and I'm good. Nah, I wasn't good. After that, I started getting a hotel room, you know, like I would pull up and get like, uh, you know, they had these hotels and members. You can pull up like a drive through, get like two three hours smash and dash book.
Speaker 6: You gotta get the book.
Speaker 1: All in the book.
Speaker 4: I want to say, good morning America. They wouldn't let you wear this grat jacket and the hannibal like the mask, right. No, it was a little scary, you know what I'm saying, but it's all good.
Speaker 1: They're good man. I had a great time over that.
Speaker 15: Man.
Speaker 1: They good people. I understood. That's what I brought extra outfits too.
Speaker 3: So what they do?
Speaker 4: They just came here and said, hey, man, did you tell them what it was for? And you say, I'm trying to raise up. Yeah, we had mental health, we.
Speaker 1: Had that in place, but they wasn't really trying to hear that. You know.
Speaker 4: Yeah, damn, are you executive producing making the Stallion's new album? No, no, I wish I was, But I'm I'm executive producing to Dog Sounds album Sounds album, and then I'm I'm producing a lot of stuff making.
Speaker 1: I'm doing a lot of production for it. Yeah. I heard y'all got a lot of records together. Man, we got a lot of hard soh Yeah.
Speaker 4: I personally, when I heard that, I'm like, damn you c j ep and making the Stallion.
Speaker 3: That's sound, aw, that's sound.
Speaker 1: Album is real.
Speaker 24: It sounded like a ninety two two thousands, uh you know, mid two thousand and three, six months albums hard singing over us singing, and this.
Speaker 3: Is that what he wanted? He wanted that vibe.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, he asked me to executive produce the product project.
Speaker 4: What's Meg's vibe like, because you know that's it's a big album for her after everything she went through.
Speaker 3: Like, yeah, a big.
Speaker 1: Project, big big project. I can't tell you that, but it's hard, she she energized. Man, she going in killing everything all.
Speaker 8: Right, Well that the book is out right now, Yeah, one more question.
Speaker 3: What is Psalm one O seven one mean to you?
Speaker 1: Oh?
Speaker 4: Give thanks him to the Lord, for he is good for his mercy, endure forever.
Speaker 24: This is something I told you know every every album, always put a Bible script on my album to notice that. So I feel like this right here, Oh give thanks unto the Lord he is for he is good for his mercy, and do it forever like his mersey everything. You know, he has mercy on you. You know what I'm saying, Like, in other words, you can change your life around. He's gonna forgive you all your sins and your wrongdoing. So this is very inspirational for me. It's just I feel like this, this is a part of my life right now. You know what I'm saying, Trusting in the Lord man, because he gonna he forgives you and you can always start over and be a new person.
Speaker 1: You know what I'm saying. You can go from bad to good. You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 4: I love it, man, Juicy talking about spirituality, mental health. Come on, man, come on man, pick up the book here, Chronicles of the Juice Man. Appreciate you get it right now. The Sore and Baker too so. And you did a phenomenal job. I don't know you, but you did a phenomenal job.
Speaker 1: A great job.
Speaker 3: Yep.
Speaker 24: After three since my v DJ Paul Crunching Black, Rest in Peace, Lord Infamous, Rest in Peace, Gangstablue and Coopson.
Speaker 3: You're still dealing with that.
Speaker 1: Do you ever get over that? It's getting over the passing of them? Never?
Speaker 24: I think about all them all the time. I cried here and there, you know, real tore me up man, still crazy?
Speaker 1: All right, Well, it's the Breakfast Club. It's Juicy j.
Speaker 6: Hold up morning.
Speaker 1: Everybody is Steve j.
Speaker 6: N V Charlamagne the God. We are the Breakfast Club. Let's get to the rumors.
Speaker 8: Let's talk about Booty Badass, that he's never going back to waffle House through my.
Speaker 1: Name or you gossip when you chatting?
Speaker 3: Is the rumor report?
Speaker 23: I mean, I guess we're on the breakfast club. This is where the tea spells.
Speaker 8: Right right now, Boosy badass that he is never going back to waffle House. That's because he went there the other day and he brought his own potatoes.
Speaker 25: Last week, I got into it with the cook at wif House. He tried me, like, I leave anyway, I go, I leave a hundred dollar tip or more so, I asked him, I brought a potato from my house. I say, make me some breakfast potatoes. All he had to do is chop it up and make me some breakfast potato.
Speaker 1: He said he couldn't do it.
Speaker 6: I say, you can't do what it's up there.
Speaker 25: I won't be back. Yeah, you paid two dollars hour. I leave one hundred dollars tip. Every time I brought a potato from my house he won't make me breakfast potato.
Speaker 6: I say, I'm done with you.
Speaker 25: You you ungrateful, ungraceful. Then look, I tipped the chefs in the back who cook every time I'm there. I tipped them forty dollars whatever meal I do.
Speaker 1: He could have chopped that damn potato. So now I mean that I have for a minute.
Speaker 3: Was he not serious? Right? He was clearly?
Speaker 8: I hope not. I hope he was serious. I mean, and you can't bring outside food into a restaurant. They don't know where that food's been, They don't know if it's contaminated. They don't know anything about where that food is coming from.
Speaker 4: Yeah, and furthermore, restaurants are not personal chefs, like, they're businesses that create a menu. They train their staff to cook that menu, and they boy the ingredients daily to make that menu. Like, yeah, they're not cooking your outside potatoes. Man, come on, many Moosey gotta be playing. You know he was joking. I hope he was joking. Now Lotto and coil Ler Ray are back beefing.
Speaker 20: Now.
Speaker 8: This is because Lotto she did the remix to the Peaches and egg Plans joint.
Speaker 6: You heard yet, here's a snippet of it.
Speaker 26: You got to go give me that netlight, busy, No, give me that netlight?
Speaker 18: Where go?
Speaker 6: What the me and my book? Did you hear the line? Yes, give me that neck like Benzi, No, I.
Speaker 4: Don't need you repeating right like as a man, I'm just telling you should just you should just nod your head to certain female lyrics and be like, oh that was dope, that was cool. I got to bring on you. You repeated that because you wanted to repeat it. No, you wanted to repeat it. No, yes you did. I'm just explaining to the people as well. Listen, giants, fans suck. We know this, so I understand why you wanted to repeat that line.
Speaker 20: Now.
Speaker 8: Coiler Ray shared a message with her dad Benzi No, and her dad said, she admires you. They all do. Just stay focused. I got the most famous neck on earth. But that's interesting, right because I don't.
Speaker 4: I don't feel like Lotto was throwing a shot at Coiler Ray at all. I just feel like, you know, Benzino is Benzino, He's a public figure, He's got his own legacy.
Speaker 3: So yeah, he would end up in a rap just.
Speaker 4: Because, not because of, you know, any beef between Lotto and Coiler Ray.
Speaker 3: That was just a slick line to me.
Speaker 8: Yeah, well, Coiler Ray, coile Rat said, I love how these little stupid situations bring us together.
Speaker 1: Ha ha HAA.
Speaker 6: On a positive note, hope you having a good day. I love you. And here is a lot of actually breaking down the line.
Speaker 26: Let me let me tell let me, let me break it down for the people that's not fast, say give me that neck like Benzine. No, that means if I if I say gimme that, that mean it's took right. I mean it's gone right. I've seen some people come out, but he don't got no neck. That don't make sense.
Speaker 6: Keep up, keep up.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's how I took it. It was just a slick rapplern.
Speaker 6: That's so now.
Speaker 8: In O G Beef Lionel Richie, he calls out Diana Ross because he's singing Diana Ross never sing him Happy Birthday like he's saying to Beyonce.
Speaker 19: He s, no, what made you think to night she was gonna show up?
Speaker 1: She's over there, Happy Birthday, Beyonce. Piss me off.
Speaker 4: Well, what Linel wanted was for Diana Ross to come on stage and sing endless Love with him. They've only done it, uh one time with award show was that they did it at back in the day.
Speaker 3: I forgot the Oscars.
Speaker 4: It was the Oscars one of those award shows I remember because it was off a soundtrack. Might have been the Oscars, but yeah, they performed that song back in the nineteen hundreds, and I don't think they've done it since, correct, yes.
Speaker 1: Only all right, all.
Speaker 8: Right, leave it up, leave it up a little bit, all right, Well that is your rumor report.
Speaker 6: Who are you giving that donkey to? Man?
Speaker 3: Then you know what, this is a good song to play.
Speaker 4: Since the Giants fans suck, I need you all to come to the front of the congregation. We like the whole the New York Giants football team. Like to like for them to come to the front of the congregation.
Speaker 6: But they do.
Speaker 4: Not a damn thing. That's what they did, not a damn thing, and they need to come to the front of the congregation. We'd like to have a word with them this morning.
Speaker 8: Okay, all right when we come back. Donkey today. I don't know why the Giants are getting donkey today. Every dog has his day. Sometimes you just don't play a good game. Sometimes you just off. Sometimes turn this off.
Speaker 17: Man.
Speaker 6: I feel like I'm flirting with him. I'm looking at him and I'm saying this stuff to him.
Speaker 3: That's what it sounds like. That's why I've been doing. You see, I ain't even looking at the screen. I'm not even looking at the screen.
Speaker 4: Endless love playing and this man complaining to me about being off all right and having a bad day.
Speaker 3: I ain't got nothing to do with day.
Speaker 8: Go talk to your wife, all right, Donkey days up next to the breakfast club. Good morning the breakfast club.
Speaker 2: Your mornings will never be the same.
Speaker 1: Damn, but he hogged.
Speaker 3: It's time the donkey, I mean, trying to be donkey today.
Speaker 22: No more.
Speaker 4: They should be embarrassed by what they already did.
Speaker 3: I'm not making these people do these.
Speaker 22: Days called donkey of the day, and it really caught me off guard.
Speaker 25: Damn Charla Man who got the donkey out of day today?
Speaker 3: Well just hilarious.
Speaker 4: A Donkey of to day from Monday, September eleventh goes to the New York Football Giants as a staff organization and mother FN crew. New York Giants fans, you getting some of this heat haw too, Okay. I have no idea why they are known as the Football Giants, especially after what my Dallas Cowboys did to them last night. You would think on the eve of the twenty second anniversary of nine eleven, the New York Giants would have some type of inspiration, some type of motivation to show up and be the best version of themselves.
Speaker 3: But instead they ended up.
Speaker 4: Being the only team in the whole NFL who couldn't put up a single point on Sunday.
Speaker 3: I don't even know if that status correct, but it feels right.
Speaker 4: It feels like the New York Giants were the only team in the NFL who didn't score a single point on Sunday. Okay, correct me in the comments if I'm wrong. If not, who cares?
Speaker 3: All right? Who cares about the truth when the lie is more entertaining.
Speaker 4: Now, if you haven't heard, the final score last night was forty to zero. I mean that Cowboys d was penetrating the Giants old line all night with no lubrication. All right, let's go to CBS two New York for the report police.
Speaker 27: So there's that forty to nothing, your prime time final between the Cowboys and the Giants.
Speaker 6: It was wet, it was wild, and it had.
Speaker 3: Some history in it.
Speaker 27: Forty points is the largest shutout victory and a Cowboys opener in the history of the franchise. Forty points is the largest shutout loss in an opener in Giants franchise history.
Speaker 3: It was wet. That's why it made it so easy for the Cowboys. Need to penetrate.
Speaker 4: Now, look, it was the EVA nine to eleven as well, okay, and America's team showed up. That moment was for America. Okay, that moment was for America's team. We knew what America needed and we delivered, all right. We knew what the moment was. We wasn't gonna let America down at a time like this. In fact, we knew that it was gonna be a tough time for the Giants, which is why we decided to bring forties for the whole team. You know, growing up, if one of your homies was going through something, you pull up with an ice cold forty to try to numb the pain.
Speaker 3: And last night was probably the first time.
Speaker 4: In a long time that a lot of people in New York drink a Fortyo And that's why so many of them were looking sick last night and probably feel a little hung over the day. See that Cowboys Fortyo hit different. I had forty oo Is, Saint Ives, Older English Cold, forty five, Slip Small Liquor, that Blue Bull, that two eleven Hurricane, Mickey's King Kobra. None of them hit like that Cowboys forty Yo. Now I know there was a lot of Dominicans in New York last night who feel like they put on white jeans and Blue Giants jerseys for absolutely no reason. And who am I to tell you different? You are absolutely correct. You put on those white jeans and that Blue Giants jersey for no damn reason that all last night, and the weather was disgusting, So those white jeans got ruined. I guaranteed dry cleaners all over New York City are being bombarded with white jeans today because of all the Dominicans who put on a who put on white jeans and the Blue Giants jersey last night to watch my Dallas Cowboys dismant through the New.
Speaker 3: York Giants forty to zero.
Speaker 4: Now envy this morning, I want to tell you the story of the cucumber, the pickle, the penis, and the New York Giants fan.
Speaker 3: Would you like to hear it?
Speaker 4: No, So there was a cucumber, right, a pickle, a penis in a New York Giants fan sitting around talking about how bad their lodves were. The pickle says, uh, you know that's nothing. When I get, you know, big and hard, they stick me in a jar full of vinegar and vacuum seal me, and the penis says, my life is the worst When I get big and hard. They put a rubber tarp on my head and stick me in a dark room and bang my head against the wall until I throw up and pass out. The New York Giants fan said, my life is terrible because I can't handle big d But side note, Giants fans love little d well like little d Yes you do, don't you, Envy? Mayby you a father liked me. Let's see if you can guess these dad jokes. Okay, you want to guess some of them?
Speaker 6: Sure?
Speaker 1: Huh?
Speaker 4: Why doesn't New York Giants quarterback Daniel Jones use the phone anymore?
Speaker 3: Why because you can't find the receivers? Listen? One another one?
Speaker 4: How many Giants fans does it take to final light, Bob Envy?
Speaker 6: How many?
Speaker 3: None?
Speaker 4: Because they are happy living in the Cowboys shadow. I got another one for you. What's the difference between the New York Giants and a dollar bill?
Speaker 3: Envy?
Speaker 4: What you can still get four quarters out of a dollar bill? Last night, the Giants couldn't give you one? Want one more? Want one more?
Speaker 3: H No?
Speaker 4: What did the New York Giants and Chick fil A workers have in common.
Speaker 3: Yesterday, I know you know this. Come on, come on, come.
Speaker 6: On, they're off on Sunday.
Speaker 3: Neither one of them showed up for work on Sunday.
Speaker 4: Look, I'm here all week, No literally, I'm here all week reminding you that my Dallas Cowboys have the best D in the league. Last night, the Giants got the first taste of the big D that the league will be sucking on all season, and on February eleventh, we will be playing in the Super Bowl in Vegas. But no need to get ahead of ourselves. Let's just enjoy the process, starting with the forty to zero ass cutting we put on the New York Football Giants last night. Can we please give the New York Giants the sweet sounds of the Hamiltons.
Speaker 1: Oh no, you are the dogge.
Speaker 2: Of the day, the dogee all the day.
Speaker 12: Yee.
Speaker 4: And in case you're wondering, the cucumber's life is terrible because when the cucumber gets big and hard day, uh chop it up and put it in the salad.
Speaker 3: I just want to throw that out there.
Speaker 8: I would just like to say, you act like people can't have a bad day. Like you ever have sex and then boom happens too fast, that's a bad day. You ever go to the casino and don't win, that's a bad day. You ever you know need a haircut and then you forget your hat.
Speaker 1: You had a bad day.
Speaker 8: You ever walk down the street and step in some poop, You had a bad day. You ever walk down the street and the pit is showing you it's a bad day. We all have bad days.
Speaker 3: What about when somebody box your mouth? Is that a bad day? Are that threatening somebody with a good time one?
Speaker 6: Is?
Speaker 8: It depends where you're at. It depends where you're at, all right, okay, all right, all right, Well thank you for that dog you today. B ET will see y'all tomorrow. Piece b E T everybody else when we come back, Natalie and Dereka Wilson from the Black and Missing Foundation will join us.
Speaker 4: Salute to these two sisters. They both from South Carolina. As MB just said, they are the founders of the Black and Missing Foundation. These ladies are doing incredible work the raise awareness to the epidemic that is missing Black women and children in this country.
Speaker 3: I can't wait to talk to them, and.
Speaker 8: We'll get to that. Next, it's the Breakfast Club. Good morning, the Breakfast Club.
Speaker 1: Morning.
Speaker 8: Everybody is DJ n V Charlamagne to God, Jess hilarious. We are the Breakfast Club. You got a special guest joining us today. We have the founders of Black and Missing Foundation, Natalie and Dereka Wilson. Welcome ladies, Good morning morning. How you feeling wonderful?
Speaker 14: Thank you so much for having us here again.
Speaker 5: I want to know because I wasn't here the last time. Y'all came. What is bamaf so bam fine, I'm sorry bad five?
Speaker 23: This is.
Speaker 6: Produce? Ain't it crazy?
Speaker 11: All right?
Speaker 1: Let me just tell you, Let me tell you.
Speaker 8: Chan Leamagine does this all the time, right, so tell somebody's wrong so they can say it.
Speaker 6: And then being barrassed.
Speaker 2: He did it.
Speaker 6: He does it to me all the time.
Speaker 8: And I'm back because I didn't say anything, but he does it like like I like.
Speaker 6: And she didn't say Ricky, that's Ricky, Yeah, that's ricky. And then you said Ricky and.
Speaker 3: It's not Ricky.
Speaker 6: Like she ain't did no damn research.
Speaker 3: She the Black and Mister Foundation.
Speaker 22: Yeah, the Black and Missing Foundation. We are a non profit organization and we bring awareness to missing people of.
Speaker 1: Across the country.
Speaker 22: I mean, we have been sounding the alarm for the past fifteen years. The people that look like us are disappearing, and no one is really taking note of it. You know, our cases are not getting the media coverage that they deserve because awareness is key. Law enforcement isn't adding resources to the cases, and the community just isn't engaged. We tend to turn a blind eye to the issue. So Derek and I have started the organization to bring awareness to this issue and to help find those missing from our community. And we also want to educate our community about personal safety so that we don't go missing.
Speaker 6: I was gonna ask did Carley Russell help or hurt?
Speaker 8: Because that was a case that went crazy on online, crazy on the internet, crazy on the news, something that you guys would have wanted for a missing person, but then we find out that it wasn't real. So did that hurt or help the situation that you guys are fighting for?
Speaker 14: Well, first of all, I would love to just highlight Hoover Police Department because and missing person in cases of color, we don't normally get that reaction. So they did absolutely everything right. In fact, they're the reason why the case went and viral in the first place, by taking the report, putting it out there to the local media, national picking it up, and then our community engagement. And I think one of the reasons why that case went so viral is because everyone saw themselves as carly. You know, you think about a child walking down the road at the onset of this case and it's nighttime. Anyone would want to be a good Samaritan and help that child. But you know, after the fact, the revelations of that, we were disheartened and just hearing some of our community members say that, you know, we don't want to help if we don't want to share these flyers because they didn't want it to be a hoax. What we are saying is that there are hundreds and thousands of missing people of color and we cannot allow this one case to distract us.
Speaker 4: Can we talk about the good sister to me, thank Houston, Rest in peace to her, and how her case inspired y'all to form the Black and Missing Foundation.
Speaker 22: Absolutely, Tamika Houston's case was the inspiration behind the Black and Missing Foundation Because Tamika's aunt, Rebecca, she's in media like I am, and she could not get that media coverage, national media coverage for her niece. So that inspired us and what keeps us going are these families that are desperately searching for us and Rebecca is on our board and having her to have that fine Tamika's story. Finding Tamika's Story or podcast is really inspirational because again, so many people are disappearing. Forty percent of the missing population are people of color, and we are not getting the resources that we need, and people are missing for a number of reasons. Your platform is mental health. Mental health. Sex trafficking of our girls and boys is a huge issue in our community, and we just need to continue to to uplift those that are still searching for their missing loved one.
Speaker 3: Can we talk about why Black people go missing at such a higher rate.
Speaker 22: Well, Black people go missing at a higher rate, specifically for sex trafficking. There's a study by the Urban Institute that said they interviewed pimps and pedophiles. They said, one, they like black girls because no one is going to look for them, which is the truth, right, and that's why this organization was created. And the penalty for sex trafficking our young girls and voice is not as high as their white counterparts.
Speaker 1: Yes, so that's what they're saying.
Speaker 22: So we again need to change policies and procedures to protect those that are most vulnerable. I mean, they're preying on children in low income societies because they want what we take for granted. They want food and shelter, and they're selling them a pipe dream and they're selling their bodies, you know. And a child cannot consent to have sex. They're being raped over and over again. So we have to do a better job and stop calling our girls fast.
Speaker 14: Stop it.
Speaker 22: You don't know what they're experiencing. Why, you know, why is she pregnant at thirteen years old? Don't just assume that she's hot in the U know what. Right We have to do a better job as a community in protecting our children. And again, you know, we're all on social media. We're posting everything. I'm at the breakfast club. No wait until you get home and post. You never know who's watching.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you know.
Speaker 22: People are stalking you.
Speaker 14: It's a really crazy world. I just wanted to add, we can't forget about our boys. Our boys. We don't talk about it, but our boys are also being traffic at a high rate as well.
Speaker 6: So what do you tell parents like or family members, how do you protect your kids?
Speaker 14: You know, well, we have to get back to the basis. We have to stop being our children's friend, ye be their parents. We have to put down these devices. You know, these predators they are utilizing these chat features. I'm sure a lot of you know listeners out there their children.
Speaker 1: Are on roadblocks.
Speaker 15: You know.
Speaker 14: Dlos is a free platform, and those predators are also on roadblocks as well, entering those chat features. And I think parents need to understand the grooming process. You know, when you think about a child going missing, you know what really comes to mind is probably a white van pulling up and snatching a kid and dropping off. Okay, we're not saying that that can't happen, but this grooming process takes time. They're they're building on their trust and it could take six months, it can take years, but they are doing that grooming process because they want to build that child's trust. So we're telling parents be that nosy parent. I mean, I'm a parent and you live in my house, I'm going to be all in your business because if I'm not going to take care of it, if I'm not being responsible. Then someone else is going to get in to my children and I cannot allow that to happen. So we have to have these uncomfortable conversation with our child at a very early age.
Speaker 8: We got more with Natalie and Dereka Wilson from the Black and Missing Foundation. When we come back, it's the Breakfast Club. Good Morning Morning. Everybody is dj n V Charlamage the God. We are the Breakfast Club. We're still kicking in with Natalie and Dereka Wilson from the Black and Missing Foundation, Charlamage.
Speaker 3: I love your hashtag help us find us?
Speaker 4: How often does the Black and Missing Foundation help help find people?
Speaker 3: Like actually find people who go miss?
Speaker 22: We help find people every day and since our inception, we have helped to bring home or provide closure to more than four hundred families. Wow, honestly, so there are still thousands of families still searching for their missing loved ones, and we ask them to not give up hope. But we are a resource for them and we need our community to get involved. We can't do this work alone and don't turn a blind eye to the issue. We mentioned Carly Russell, you know, share these cases of missing individuals because we just need one person to come forward to help bring a missing person home or for a family to get the answers that they deserve.
Speaker 6: Yeah, you know, is there any advice that you can tell parents of what their kids can do in the case that they did get kidnapped? You know what I mean?
Speaker 14: Well, first I will advise parents to make sure that you have everything in the event that your loved one went missing. You know, so often we don't have photos. We're waiting on parents and photos. And in this day and time, everyone has a device, but we're still waiting on photos. Collect your child's DNA, you know, establish that again, get back to the basis. Know who those friends are, establish that contact list so you can make those calls and make those contacts. And then with children, we have to understand where they are and meet them where they are. They're very vulnerable, so we have to make sure that we are continuing to encourage and encourage them, inspire them, let them know that they can always come and talk to you or trust the adult. Rather it's an educator, doctor, whoever is that they trust. And just look for the size in your home. And this is for parents. If you see your child coming in with a cell phone or some clothes that just seemed out of the ordinary. You know, ask questions, Ask those tough questions. And then also just connecting with the school too.
Speaker 6: Where you get that hat from BOYD exactly.
Speaker 14: You have, but you have to ask those questions. You know you didn't purchase it.
Speaker 4: And one thing I learned to is an executive producing finding Tamika was that the road to media plays and the lack of coverage that you know black women get when they go missing.
Speaker 3: Is that changing?
Speaker 6: You think, Well, we.
Speaker 22: Have made some inroads. We've come a long way, but we still have a lot more work to do. Now we can reach out to media partners to say yes, I need coverage, and they'll be willing to help, but sometimes it's an uphill battle. I'll reach out to the media outlets and.
Speaker 1: I met with silence.
Speaker 20: Right.
Speaker 22: But we have social media and that is our digital milk carton and everyone is pretty much on social media. If you can share these profiles of a missing individ we don't have to wait for the five o'clock news cycle or any news cycle. We can get that information out instantaneously and far a far reach. We trust just traveled from d c and in two and a half hours we were here on Amtrak. No one asked for any id, any information. So think about if someone is being trafficked from DC to New York, they could be here, and if we can share that information on social media, we can help find them much quicker.
Speaker 6: You know now at the airport, I see it all over the airport. You see signs.
Speaker 8: I've heard people say that. You know, people came up to them. It's like, hey, is this your dad or is this your mom? Or you know, ask somebody is that to do to Is it getting better at all?
Speaker 1: Or is it getting worse?
Speaker 14: We can actually see the change. It's it's starting to change. But we're also taking matters into our own hands as well. We our community members matter, and you know when you talked about the media, we created our own media. We want to tell the story ourselves because it seems as if sometime we're staring type and we don't want people to get distracted that these are valuable members of our community and regardless of race, sex, and zip code, they matter. So we are we're telling our stories.
Speaker 3: Yeah, not the production your company. I thought it was it. Yes, BAMFI, that's what you call it.
Speaker 5: Yes, it's Bamfi is what it is. I called it vamoth.
Speaker 15: So.
Speaker 22: Bamfi Enterprises is a production company that we have created Untold Stories as a podcast that we've created to give families a voice. That's what they're saying. No one is hearing us. We need a platform to tell the story of our missing loved ones. And we have been technical consultants on movies such as Black Girl, Missing with Lifetime and some other projects. So we again, we are creating our own platform, as Dereka said, because we want to tell the stories of those that are missing. Awareness is keith. You don't know that someone is missing. You may want by them, and you know you couldn't help bring them home. So we have to be vigilant and you know, create our own opportunities or our own seat.
Speaker 1: At the table.
Speaker 4: Absolutely mentally and emotionally. How connected do y'all become with these missing children?
Speaker 14: These families become our family, and you know it's that personal touch. We are national, but as soon as we connect with the family, every family member is in our phone by name and their loved one is the fly or so when they call us, we're able to identify. It's the small things that mean so much. And I think it's important to highlight that the person who goes missing is not the same person who returns home when they do return home, and so there's additional resources that's needed for those individuals, and we're here to help them. We have partnerships to continue to get the resources that they need once they have been found. And I know we highlighted earlier some of the reasons, but there was one that I wanted to highlight right now. Is also domestic violence. You know, that is a correlation, and that was the situation even with t Meeta's case, and Tamika's case was also near and dear because she went missing from my hometown. And yes, and before she went missing, we didn't see anyone. It just didn't stand out for us. But looking at Tamika, Tamika looked like my sister. She looked like my nieces. And there's so many Tamika's out there. So that's why Nalie and I we do what we do.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I'm not These cases are just even hard, I guess because I got four daughters. It's even hard to listen to because immediately when you see it, you start thinking what if I don't even put down one say it but you know, yes, you start thinking you.
Speaker 3: Know what I mean, and it's like damn.
Speaker 4: So it's like when you see things come across your timeline, you feel like I got to get involved because I would want somebody to do that for people that I love too.
Speaker 22: You know, absolutely we turn a blind side to this issue at all.
Speaker 6: Well, we appreciate you for joining us.
Speaker 8: How can people get more involved or follow you to make sure that you know because it's sometimes it's the little thing people always say, well what can I do? And they don't understand. A repost will help, you know, just just to talk about the story or put it in this story, just so how can people follow?
Speaker 4: Don't trust that no more because you think you know, I don't know this is real in that and we verify.
Speaker 22: All of our cases before we post them. If there isn't a missing person's report on file, we help them follow GOSHA and we work with them to get that media coverage and to upload it to our social media platforms. But to get involved, please visit b A m FI dot RG. That's the Black and Missing Foundation Inc.
Speaker 14: Dot org.
Speaker 22: That's a Low Hanging Fruit just start with who's missing from your community and share that flyer. You know, we need financial support. We provide burial services, financial support for families that are desperately searching for their missing loved ones. Flyers. You know, anything that they need and.
Speaker 1: We can provide it.
Speaker 14: We do.
Speaker 22: So we need our community to get in to help us. And then we also have the podcast. Take a listen to these stories. These are real people that are missing, like Arianna Fitz the Otis Harris. You know, we we dropped an episode yesterday on sex trafficking. This young lady was sold by her mother at thirteen years old. You know, she had three kids by this man, and law enforcement.
Speaker 14: Said there was nothing we can do.
Speaker 1: Wow.
Speaker 22: So listen to these cases, take it seriously and help us to find us.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 6: Well, thank you so much.
Speaker 3: We appreciate you for joining us.
Speaker 4: You and appreciate the Black and Missing Foundations very much for the work y'all do.
Speaker 5: Thank you so thank you for educating me on bamfire.
Speaker 1: Thank you. It's the Breakfast Club.
Speaker 2: Good morning, the Breakfast Club, the Breakfast Club.
Speaker 3: Your morning's will never be the same morning.
Speaker 8: Everybody's DJ NV Charlemagne God. We are the breakfast club. Let's get to the rumors. Let's talk to b ET hip Hop awards.
Speaker 14: A lot of names or you've gossip been chatty?
Speaker 3: Is the rumor report?
Speaker 23: I mean, I guess we're on the breakfast club.
Speaker 1: This is where the tea spells right right. Well.
Speaker 8: Last week Friday, they announced some of the b ET hip Hop Awards, like hip Hop Artists of the Year twenty one Savage, Burner Boy, Cardi B, Drake, Lorilla, J Cole, Kendrick Lamar, a little Uzi vert who you're giving that one to?
Speaker 22: That?
Speaker 3: He said?
Speaker 6: Best Artists of the Year, Best hip Hop artist and.
Speaker 3: Who is it? Kendrick Lamar, a little Uzi?
Speaker 1: Who burn a Boy?
Speaker 6: Forty one Savage, Cardi B, Drake, Lorilla?
Speaker 3: Why is burn a Boy in there?
Speaker 8: I don't know why Burder Boy is in that category for hip hop artists?
Speaker 4: I mean best hip Hop Artists of the Year this year would definitely go to a woman, because you know, women have been running things in hip hop all year long this.
Speaker 6: Year Glrilla or Cardi Beatles those two on that.
Speaker 4: But I don't I don't feel like Gorilla and Cardi B put out a lot of music this year I mean, you know what I mean, Like, but what do you think Drake because Drake put out what two albums and he's been on tour selling out.
Speaker 3: Tours that Drake and twenty one albums this year. Yep.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it would have to probably either go to the Drake or twenty one because some of the women that I would have probably put in that category I don't hear I don't hear them mentioned for best hip hop order.
Speaker 3: So yeah, i'd probably put Drink of twenty.
Speaker 8: One and now best hip hop platform all hip hop Karreeshia please, Drink Champs.
Speaker 1: Million dollars worth.
Speaker 8: A game, rap Cave always did, a breakfast club is in there, just to name a few.
Speaker 4: I think for best hip hop platform, I'm gonna go with million dollars worth a game. Why I say million dollars worth a game because million dollars worth a game consistently every every week, damn there they talked to rappers, you know what I mean. I love Drink Champs too. Drink Champs was a very consistent hip hop platform. You know, they usually focus on the OG's and our culture. Million dollars worth a game they focus on you know, some of the people that are current right now, and a lot of the new guys, like I just saw the episode they put out with Rod Wave yesterday. So for best hip Hop Platform, I'm gonna go a million dollars worth a game.
Speaker 8: I'm not mad at that million delivered the game shouting Gillian Wilow, shout the nord efn at drink Champs. But see, I just got to lean towards the Breakfast Club. Oh God, but your bias a little bit. Listen, Breakfast Club. We are a staple in the culture, you know what I'm saying. Like, you know, we're in the Radio Hall of Fame.
Speaker 4: You know, We've gotten a lot of awards, you know. But I think when you say best hip Hop platform, at least for me for the past year, I'm gonna say million dollars worth a game. But I will say this though, I vote on the BET hip Hop for the BET hip Hop Awards.
Speaker 3: Yep.
Speaker 4: So I went in my email and I voted for the thirteen categories. I ain't see no best hip Hop platform up there now. I don't know if they don't send that to me because because I'm one of the nominations.
Speaker 3: But I didn't see best hip Hop.
Speaker 4: Platform up there, bt, I saw thirteen other categories. I ain't seen no Best hip Hop Platform.
Speaker 6: I gotta check my email, man.
Speaker 4: So so so I would hope that, uh, that is just because I'm one of the nominees in the Best hip Hop Platform. Because if everybody is getting this email and there's thirteen categories, but best hip Hop Platform isn't one of them. That just lets me know that that whole that that part of the show is ragged.
Speaker 1: You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 6: I'm a check now. Now you're gonna make me check.
Speaker 4: And if that part of the show is sponsored by dal Leon and sarak Okay and Karresha please it wins again this year, and Drink Champs wins again this year, we gonna know that fight is fixed.
Speaker 3: But I love Kareisha please though, and Drink Champs, but I love that. I'm serious.
Speaker 4: When I went to go vote, best hip Hop Platform was one of the categories I could vote for.
Speaker 6: Okay.
Speaker 8: Now, Also, you know, Gonna had his first show since being in jail. You know, people were calling him a snitch and saying he'll never make it back, but he's so out the ball Clay Center this week and it was crazy. I mean, he he did a great show. People seemed like they love this show. He showed love to young thug by putting up a free Jeffrey on the screens.
Speaker 1: This was the start.
Speaker 8: So he has a show in New York that just sold out, and now he's going to.
Speaker 1: LA and they said that sold out as well.
Speaker 3: Okay, well, salute the Gunner.
Speaker 4: I mean, why wouldn't it be like you know, listen, man, people put snitching allegations on Gunna. Here's the thing. Majority of consumers ain't in the street, correct, So why would they care?
Speaker 3: Correct? You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 4: Like them young white kids and them young Black kids and young Asian kids that love hip hop, they.
Speaker 3: Could care less.
Speaker 4: You know what Gunna did in the courtroom. They care about what Gunna does in the studio.
Speaker 1: Correct.
Speaker 4: They care about them records, and Gunna got some dope ass records, so they gonna show up.
Speaker 3: Why wouldn't they?
Speaker 6: Yep?
Speaker 8: And lastly, you know, we tell you all the time, be careful about what you put on social media. Child Services was allegedly called on Blue Face and showed up to his house after that video where he had strippers, and he asked his son if he was, I guess gay.
Speaker 6: Let's listen, it's booty cheeks out here.
Speaker 3: You ain't here looking for chips.
Speaker 1: It's slim geners. You ain't gay, right, my man, my dog.
Speaker 8: Now, Apparently the cops have been called to blue Faces home a total of nine times since May, and they believe it's because if you don't know what we're talking about.
Speaker 1: Blue Face had.
Speaker 8: Strippers in the living room and his son went to the the you know, the pantry to go get slim gems and chips, and you know, blue Face walked up to his son and was like, with those cheeks out there, are you gay?
Speaker 15: That?
Speaker 1: And the cops will call yikes.
Speaker 4: Well, once again, everything don't got to be on social media. Yeah, you know what I'm saying. I don't know why y'all keep putting everything on social media. It does not have to be that's right. Well, people will call the cops and report you for anything. So, like you said, and sometimes it's it's better not to just put your stuff on social media.
Speaker 1: Keep it to yourself.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I don't see the reason they would want to.
Speaker 6: Yeah, and that is your rumor report.
Speaker 4: You know what I'm doing right now? What you're doing voting for the BET Hip Hop Awards.
Speaker 6: Okay, because I.
Speaker 4: Just voted for Best Hip Hop Video. I voted for the Baby Shake Something.
Speaker 1: Yeah that video is up.
Speaker 4: Yeah, So I'm going I'm voting right now. I'm gonna vote. I'm gonna vote today.
Speaker 8: And again, I just want to salute to doctor Puma. Now, if you don't know who doctor Puma is, he came up here about a week ago and was talking about your heart and things you can do to protect heart disease. And I went there last week. I was very scared, very nervous. I ain't even gonna sit there in front. And the reason I get scared. People say, well, why are you scared, is because it's not the scared to do the procedure. It's always scared of the results. But we have to do this to make sure that if there are problems or there are situations that you can check. So I went through the procedure. My heart is totally fine, which is amazing. I was gonna read what he emailed me yesterday, but I can't find it. But pretty much my heart is of somebody twenty years younger than me.
Speaker 4: So I'm just telling them I'm starting I'm hoping that ain't. Doctor Pum was lying because he told me the same damn thing. Really, Okay, doctor Pumer told me I got mine right here. He said, over your overall, your results are excellent. Despite a high calcium score for your age, there's only minimal plaque in your heart arteries. Furthermore, your lipid cholesterol profile is excellent and well below goal on your current statin medication and aspirin, which I would continue. Your blood pressure and heart rate are those of a man twenty years younger.
Speaker 3: All these factors contribute.
Speaker 4: To a very low ten year cardiovascular risk of only three point five percent. Optimal for men of your age would be three percent. So you are in very good shape. I tell everybody, man, I've done every single cardiovascular test you know you could think to do, you know, not even throughout my whole life, but especially over like the past since December of last year. Yep, because you know, I deal with anxiety a lot, and sometimes those symptoms can feel like you having a heart attack. So I've done every single test you could possibly do. Nothing put my mind at ease, like doctor Pumer was the soaring CET scan, so I encourage y'all to go to Soeign Medical, go get the sore and see T scan. When I say nothing, put my mind at ease like he did. Nothing has so salute to doctor Pumer.
Speaker 6: Yeah he said that.
Speaker 8: And he also told me my calcium score is zero and I have no plat. He said it can be no better. That's what he said about my heart. Says your blood pressing heart rate are those of a healthy.
Speaker 6: Twenty year old.
Speaker 3: That's amazing.
Speaker 6: So just one. So yeah, so go out there.
Speaker 8: And he said a lot of people have called and he said come on in and they would love. I think they have a facility in Brooklyn and one in Manhattan on Wall Street. So definitely get yourself checked out. All right, All right, when we come back, we got the People's Choice mix.
Speaker 2: It's the Breakfast Club. Good morning, the Breakfast Club. Your mornings will never be the same morning.
Speaker 8: Everybody is DJ Envy Charlamagne to God. We are the Breakfast Club. And salute to all the HBCUs. I know this week next week start HBCU Week. And I just want to tell y'all September sixteenth, which is this Saturday, More House versus Albany State. I've been trying to get these classics back to the East Coast, so this is a good one. This is at the MetLife Stadium where the Giants and Jets play this weekend, and we want all the schools, all the HBCUs.
Speaker 6: To come on down.
Speaker 8: You don't have to go to more House or Albany State. It's the Battle of Georgia. But it doesn't matter what school you went to. If you went to Morgan Howard, Hampton, South Carolina, if you went to Carolina State, right, whatever school you went to. And I've seen them playing this weekend. Actually they played Georgia Tech this weekend. I was out there DJing for that. But whatever school you went to, come on down. Fraternity sororities, that's this weekend. There's so many activities, there's step shows, there's bands. We're doing an after party for all of the virgos. So it's going to be like an HBCU party. So if you're in town, come on down. We're gonna have a lot of fun in that is this weekend. You could just hit up HBCU Andy Classic for more information and then Charlemagne you're doing your Mental Wealth Expo.
Speaker 4: Correct, that's right on Saturday, October seventh, from eleven am to four pm at the Marriott Marquis Tom Square in New York City. My third annual Mental Wealth Expo, a day of mental health and healing, education and honor World Mental Health Day, Saluting my good sister, doctor Alfie Breeland Noble. She will be in attendance. Doctor Rita Walker will be there. Michelle Williams, you know, you know Michelle Williams from from Destiny's Child and her podcast to checking in podcasts on the Black Effect Network.
Speaker 3: She'll be there. Carson Dalely will be there.
Speaker 4: Doctor j Barnett will be there, Brandon Marshall be there. Psychotherapist Elliott Kanye will be there. My man and Shawn Miller will be there. Just a whole lot of mental health experts and psychiatrists and therapists and mental health advocates. And it is a free event from eleven am to four pm at the Marriott Marquee and Tom Square. Just go to mentalwealthexpo dot com for more information and we'll see you on October seventh.
Speaker 8: All right now, when we come back, we got the positive no and more so, the Move's the Breakfast Club. Good morning, everybody, is the j n V.
Speaker 6: Charlamagne de Goude. We are the Breakfast Club.
Speaker 8: Now we got to salute Juicy J for joining us this morning, and make sure you pick up his book.
Speaker 4: Very good book man, Salutor Sare and Baker uh you know who's his because co writer on that book.
Speaker 1: Man.
Speaker 4: It's called The Chronicles of the Juice Man. Very very interesting book. Even if you're not like a fan of Juicy J. And three six bar Field, it's just a just a good read, a good a good escape.
Speaker 3: Now if you're if you're a reader, so go pick that up.
Speaker 8: And also salute to the women from the Black and Missing Foundation that stopped through the to fill us into a lot of our women that are still being taken, still being kidnapped, and the brothers too and the kids too, So salute to those women as well.
Speaker 4: Absolutely. You know, we put out a project called Finding Tamika. You know, me and Kevin Hart have a company with audible called SBH Productions, and we put out an audio scripted documentary called Finding Tamika that the Good Sister Erica Alexander and Color Farm did and that's when I, you know, first learned of the Black and Missing found because you know that case Tamika Houston from Spartanburg, South Carolina is what sparked them to create the Black and Missing Foundation. So those sisters are doing a phenomenal, fantastic work, So saluted them all.
Speaker 8: Right, now you've got a positive note, I do. The positive note is simply this man.
Speaker 4: One of the most underrated ingredients for having a good life is a clear conscience. To know you aren't out here doing people dirty, hiding who you are, are screwing people over. That lets you sleep very peaceful at night. Because karma is real, energy is contagious. Live accordingly.
Speaker 1: Y'll breakfast, club, do y'all finish or y'all done.