Speaker 1: Former Dallas Cowboys star and Hall of Famer Michael Irvin settled his defamation lawsuit against Marriott and officially returned to the NFL Network this past Sunday morning. Irvin had filed a one hundred million dollar lawsuit against Marriott and six others for defamation and interference in a business relationship after a female employee accused him of making lude and inappropriate.
Speaker 2: Comments falsely accused him.
Speaker 1: In a hotel lobby in Arizona. This happened back in February of this year. He was pulled at that time from the NFL network Super Bowl coverage in the wake of the incident and has not been on since. Michael Irvin and Marriott have settled that lawsuit, and the terms of the settlement are not known.
Speaker 3: Well, that's because there's an NBA happened being signed. What these corporations do is when they make a mistake or they get busted, they will have they will give you your will, they will settle the case. But now it's an NDA, nobody can discuss the case. If Michael Irvin discusses the dollar amount, he gonna have to return it. Alah Colin Kaepernick when he won the descript that laws suit. You ain't heard him talking about no more kneiling or nothing, because it's in the.
Speaker 2: Contract when you sign that.
Speaker 3: Now, what Marriott needed to do, it's what they should have did, was issue a formal apology to Michael IRV. See these people, you try to destroy a man's career full out. But then when something come up and he didn't do it. Now y'all just want to settle him. Come up with these NDAs because everybody that's accused ain't guilty. And sometimes, man, you can't make these accusations and ruin people's lives. And then you try to put in a little fake claim and then something happening, and then you get to skip to the loot my dollar about your own life? What is woman with these fake ass charges on this man? See what happened to her?
Speaker 2: Nothing?
Speaker 3: Nothing, And that ain't right man. Now, when you do something to a woman, you got to pay as you share. But when you falsely accused these men trying to bring up trying to take advantage of the me too movement for your own self benefit, and it was unfair. See some gotta start happening, man, So he was top. He was top news story. For the accusation. But now he settled the defamation. What that story is quiet?
Speaker 2: Well, we're reporting it, we are, we give it down.
Speaker 1: Yeah yeah, all right, well, congratulations, Glad that's settled.
Speaker 4: Glad he's back on the NFL network for sure.
Speaker 1: In other entertainment news, New York Fashion Week is the destination at the forefront of shaping culture.
Speaker 4: Let's say it shapes.
Speaker 1: Trends and the evolution of American fashion designers. And we'll end tomorrow, September thirteenth, and we hear the one of the trends continuing for spring twenty twenty four is dressing like the nineties. Remember that was like track suits, bucket hats, t shirts, cargo pants, cheer dresses.
Speaker 4: So blue cheese And why do they call you blue.
Speaker 2: Cheese cause I be dressing?
Speaker 1: Okay, yes, blue cheese because he be dressing. We gotta ask you, Steve, what are some of yours suggested fashion mustabs?
Speaker 4: Because you're a fashion icon in your own rights, let me.
Speaker 2: Give you a called suggestion.
Speaker 3: Okay, stay within your budget woo number one.
Speaker 4: Uh huh.
Speaker 3: Stay within your budget. Shop where your money. Let you shop where you ain't broke. When you get through shopping. Nothing you can put on is worth your rent.
Speaker 4: This is so true.
Speaker 3: Nothing you can put on is worth groceries. Come on, yeah, if by this nice outfit and go out and then come home, you can't even see the outfit called the lightnes.
Speaker 2: Just call it.
Speaker 3: You feel that way about shoes though, what a bad pass shoes though?
Speaker 2: Steve them.
Speaker 3: Shoes is nice, but it's hard to find them in your closet when the lights is.
Speaker 2: Yeah, back to that. Yeah, I'm just that's.
Speaker 3: The main thing I try to tell people's shop within your budget. There's a way that you can fake it till you make it. That was my specialty. I'm telling you right now. What about HEJ Max and Value City. This was my store, my first comedy outfit when I got a week opening act.
Speaker 2: My whole outfit was twenty two dollars.
Speaker 1: But see what about the time you had those shoes and lay away for like I.
Speaker 3: Had them in lay away for like eight months. And tell me some some people's shoes. And that was back in the day. I was in high school. Huh and uh, you know I had laid away at tin but I was in the eleventh grade now, and my my shoe size went up to whatever grade I was in.
Speaker 4: That size you were.
Speaker 2: When I was in I laid them away. I was in the tenth.
Speaker 3: I was in the eleventh grade, and I grew into an eleven.
Speaker 2: But I bought the tens.
Speaker 3: The tenness was tight anyway, but always knew leather stretch, and I didn't have a lot of shoes.
Speaker 2: So I'm finished. I'm finish. Stretched the hell out my shoes. Before that first.
Speaker 3: Night I put them peoples on, I had me to lay away for eight months. I jammed my toe down. Man, I don't remember them being this tight. Well, you in size ten. Then I jammed them levels down in there. Let me tell you something. I went to the movie. I took a girl named Brenda Skinner to the movie. I walked down the ramp and they was tight. And then I got down there and I said, man, I was listening to the movie. I wanted to take my shoes off, and you know how you try to take them off under your seat with your toes flipped. But I couldn't get them off. Boy, let me tell you something. That blood rushed down to my feet. I stood up when that movie was over and tried to go turn up the aisle and walk up that little ramp and my knees buckle. And I'm in shape now. And you know how you walk and you try not to crease your feet. You just lift them up and put them back down. Yeah, I got up there. When I finally got home, I had to get a butcher knife and cut my sheet at the souls.
Speaker 2: Yeah, between the soul, just to give me. I couldn't get.
Speaker 4: Them off all right, Wow, thank you.
Speaker 2: Put the leather off of the soul.
Speaker 1: Coming up, coming up in twenty minutes after the hour. Athletes often feed off doubt. We'll talk about that right after this.
Speaker 4: You're listening Hard Morning Show