Speaker 1: Hey, love that you made it to the podcast. Thank you so much.
Speaker 2: One thing that totally makes my day is when people share our podcast and then tag us at Brook and Jeffrey.
Speaker 1: Yes, because then we can thank you in person. We know who you are.
Speaker 3: You know you men to stock your insta Loki.
Speaker 1: Okay, that's too same, all right, following the podcast, share away and enjoy the show.
Speaker 4: It's Brook and Jeffrey in the morning and everywhere you look right now, major food and drink companies are coming out with new products trying to create the next big thing.
Speaker 1: I love it.
Speaker 4: We just talked about caffeinated cup of noodles, Jelly Belly, Boba tea.
Speaker 5: Oh, that sounds weird for.
Speaker 4: The kids, Capri Sun hard Seltzer, I.
Speaker 3: Want it now.
Speaker 1: This is a good idea, Jeff.
Speaker 4: The kids love it. But the latest big name company to get in on the action and launch a crazy new product is actually Gatorade.
Speaker 1: Oh they don't do a whole.
Speaker 4: Lot all sorts of like cool stuff. They have like Gatorade energy gels. Oh that's the teen shakes and hydration pills.
Speaker 1: It's like, I guess it's cool if you're running a marathon.
Speaker 4: Jeff, Yeah, they just announced that they're going to launch something brand new and it's going to change the way we hydrate forever. Okay, I don't know if you're ready for this, but hitting shelves early next year is Gatorade water.
Speaker 1: That what Gatorade already is.
Speaker 4: This is not flavored or anything, just regular bottled.
Speaker 3: Water, like extra electrodes.
Speaker 4: A little bit of electrolytes in there, but it's basically plain water in a Gatorade package. Here it is. They're really excited about.
Speaker 1: This, and they're doing the plastic bottles again that they have to put it in a can or a box.
Speaker 4: No, it's water that was actually melted from the ice caps directly and put into the bottles.
Speaker 6: There you go.
Speaker 4: But they said, quote, our research has discovered that athletes are seeking premium, hydrating, unflavored water beverages to drink throughout the day with quote perceived health benefits, and water was the perfect solution.
Speaker 1: A fit about gas prices, But have you checked bottled water prices lately? So much money? Just turn that tap, people, Yeah, this.
Speaker 4: Is where all the innovation over the last few years has gotten us to the beginning. We're back to water. Yeah, it's the hot new thing amazing. Speaking of perceived health benefits, let's get into the shot collar question of the day, Right, that's good for your overall health. We're gonna send it to a man whose body is packed with flavor and not a drop of water in a digital chat.
Speaker 5: Mario Sonic, pac Man. They're not just the people that Alexis made out with at the bar last weekend. They're all famous video game characters.
Speaker 4: No way they bring that up.
Speaker 5: It just so happens. Today is National Video Game Day, and in order for all of you to level up to the next part of this morning show, you'll each have to complete some trivia about some of the most popular video games.
Speaker 7: In the world.
Speaker 5: In a special eight bit coin operated edition of the one and done Shot Collar Question of the Dead, Jose, It's your turn. Arcade video games were first introduced in the nineteen seventies, with Pong as the first commercially successful game, and after that, coin op arcade games exploded in the eighties, with many going on to become iconic names in pop culture. Which was the highest grossing of the nineteen eighties. Was it a pac Man, B Street Fighter or C Space Invaders?
Speaker 1: Oh Man?
Speaker 5: That is really tough.
Speaker 1: Those are all fun, yeah, all.
Speaker 4: Too violent for me to play.
Speaker 1: Pa pac Man Yeah too much.
Speaker 6: Yeah.
Speaker 7: The first thing I thought of before you started listening was pac Man. Space Invaders like paved the.
Speaker 1: Way for see. But I think street Fighter because it costs more.
Speaker 2: Remember, they like started to bump it up to where he had to pay fifty cents instead of just a quarter, and it was gave like crazy good graphics comparatively.
Speaker 7: No, you're right, but I still just think pac Man is just too iconic.
Speaker 4: I don't know, maybe it's too easy of an answer, but I'm gonna go pac Man.
Speaker 5: Jose said pac Man.
Speaker 8: That is.
Speaker 1: Almost over thought it, though you did it.
Speaker 5: Pac Man made three point five billion in the eighties, second with Space Invaders and third with street Fighter too.
Speaker 4: That's a lot of quarters.
Speaker 5: Yeah, Jose is safe. Alexis quarters.
Speaker 4: Alexis.
Speaker 5: The SIMS is the eighth highest grossing video game franchise of all time. In it, the sim characters all speak a language that sounds like gibberish, but it's actually a real video game language.
Speaker 9: Really.
Speaker 5: What's it called? Is it a Simlinese, oh, B sim Latin or C Simlish?
Speaker 1: I think Jake consulted his wife last night on the.
Speaker 4: Se player, they actually speak the Sims language two weeks name.
Speaker 1: I kind of like, what was the first one, Jake Similineese, Similinese.
Speaker 7: I don't know, like Lebanese or I don't know.
Speaker 1: There's a lot of languages at the end of the similies, Jake.
Speaker 5: Alexa said, Similonese. That is incorrect. It's Simlish like English. It's a mixture of Ukrainian, Navajo to Gala and a host of their languages just blended altogether.
Speaker 1: Brook, it's your turn, Okay.
Speaker 5: You may know that in nineteen ninety three, The Super Mario Brothers became the first video game to ever be turned into a full length movie. But what was the first movie to be turned into a video game?
Speaker 6: Question?
Speaker 5: Was it e t The Extraterrestrial Indiana Jones and The Raiders of the Lost art.
Speaker 1: Man that'd be a yeah.
Speaker 6: Or Star Wars.
Speaker 1: I've taken like.
Speaker 2: Early nineties, and I feel like I remember an Indiana Jones video game.
Speaker 4: Et was kind of famously a video game that was terrible.
Speaker 6: That's true.
Speaker 4: It was so bad they buried it in the desert. The games in the history.
Speaker 1: But I wonder if that's why it was the first.
Speaker 2: Like they didn't know how to do it yet, Like they didn't know how to make this fairy lens.
Speaker 4: It was too easy. It was like phone home, press B.
Speaker 10: What was it that I still have not ever beaten a video game game?
Speaker 1: You know, for that reasoning alone, I'm gonna go et, Brookes said, E T that is.
Speaker 8: Correct.
Speaker 1: It was Indiana, Joe, and I almost said that.
Speaker 5: The Raiders of the Lost Arc video game came out in nineteen eighty two, just months before the ET game.
Speaker 1: Nineteen eighty two. I don't even could they even make a rolling I don't.
Speaker 5: Know, that's what Jeffrey, you're our last question. Researchers are constantly studying the effects of video games on humans. In fact, studies have shown that playing this game can curb cravings for food, sex, and drugs. Which game is it?
Speaker 4: I've already never played this game.
Speaker 5: Is it a Pong, B Tetris or C Pajama Sam three? You are what you eat from your head to your feet. That is a game that I've been saying right now. I will take no slander about Pajama Sam even for a second.
Speaker 1: You know what's interesting, I had a friend's mom who is obsessed with Tetris, and she wouldn't even go back and sleep with her husband. She'd slept on the couch every night because she would play so late.
Speaker 3: I have a friend if we're in line for the bar bathroom and she has to go really bad, she plays Tetris on her phone to make her just black out and not focus on anything.
Speaker 4: Really that makes sense. Pong is just too simple. It's just two paddles and you hit the ball back and fix kas. Me on, let's go with Tetris turns you off to food, sex, and drugs.
Speaker 5: Jeffrey said. Tetris. That is, playing Tetris on a smartphone for as little as three minutes can weaken cravings by as much as one fifth.
Speaker 3: Any that's a lot.
Speaker 4: Oh my god, so oh no, Jose and I are safe. The girls are going to be taking a shock this morning. And somebody wanted to hear Trouble by Taylor.
Speaker 2: Swift because I knew you were trouble when you walked in.
Speaker 11: So shame on me.
Speaker 1: Now, I've never been.
Speaker 8: Strong.
Speaker 4: Start threw on. Let's all hop on Tetris for a second and turn ourselves off to everything that's your shot Collar Question of the.
Speaker 11: Day Frouking Jeffrey in the morning.
Speaker 4: Ladies, when you want your husband to do something and he just won't.
Speaker 1: Listen, God, what it is frustrating.
Speaker 4: I'm with you.
Speaker 1: It's just like, if you just do the thing that I know is right, then all will be better.
Speaker 4: Than We're not good enough.
Speaker 1: It's not that as like, listen a little bit.
Speaker 4: We don't listen, and we're not good even when we try.
Speaker 11: Supposed to do.
Speaker 1: You're cute.
Speaker 5: You know.
Speaker 1: You can reach things on the top shelf that I can't. Okay, you can carry heavy stuff. I mean, there is use for you.
Speaker 4: Just going back to the husband not doing what you want him to do. It's hard because it's not like everyone has a prison cell in their basement, like Brooke smartly put down there. The DIY person sell from Ikia highly recommend and that's why one woman had to get creative and actually hired a total stranger to secretly keep her husband in check for her. And that stranger is on the phone right now ready to tell us what he's being paid every single week to secretly do. Out we can help is on the way, and a brand new mass speaker coming up at sevent ten.
Speaker 5: You don't know me confession.
Speaker 8: I can't take that.
Speaker 6: Ol arm Mouse.
Speaker 4: Speaker, Texas seventy eighty five nine two says, my girlfriend broke up with me two months ago, so I went on the dating app, changed my age range, and this weekend I'm going on a date with her grandma. Hopefully I can make it last through Thanksgiving.
Speaker 7: I'm your girl.
Speaker 1: I don't know that that's the revenge that you think it is.
Speaker 4: I hope someone just made that up because I'm low key jealous. That's why you know Granny knows what she's doing.
Speaker 1: That's true.
Speaker 4: That's the level of deceit, though, that we need from our mass speakers. Yeah, we got a guy on the phone who's ready to come clean for us today. But unlike most people who talk about things they've done in their past, apparently he's going through something right now. Oh courage, Peter, welcome to the show.
Speaker 8: Hello, how are you guys? You guys, this guy's in my voice right yeah, yeah.
Speaker 1: We have no idea who you are.
Speaker 12: Peter.
Speaker 8: I'm a little nervous. This is a little strange.
Speaker 2: I always wonder like, if you're going through it right now, does that mean that you may change your ways or I guess maybe it's not even bad what you're doing.
Speaker 1: I guess we better here.
Speaker 4: Yeah, figure it out. Voice changer is on, Peter. You're the mass speaker. Whenever you're ready, let's hear your confession.
Speaker 8: All right. Well, first of all, I work at a smaller grocery store, like a mon pop type grocery store. Check out guy. Yeah, I like those places, been there a few years. But there's this one lady that comes through regularly. She's attractive, and I saw her a lot. She would come through a lot.
Speaker 2: Well it's easy, you know too, in those smaller grocery stores to know the customers or regulars.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's like the neighborhood vibe.
Speaker 8: Yeah, for sure, if you see everyone that comes in. One day, she came to the counter and asked the talking private and uh, I was a little scared. Yes, yes, when my next break was?
Speaker 1: She asked, when your break was?
Speaker 8: Yeah? Yeah, I was lit.
Speaker 2: So you know it's not a complaint then, right, because sometimes it'd be.
Speaker 7: Yeah.
Speaker 4: I mean she would just go to his manager if it was the problem with him. Totally clearly she sees something that she likes.
Speaker 8: Yeah, well it wasn't quite that, you know, it was something completely different.
Speaker 4: Okay, okay, what did you want?
Speaker 8: Well? I told her. I got up in ten minutes and she waited outside the store and went up to her and she said, every Saturday her husband should go shopping there at the same store, and he's been sneaking cookies in his order.
Speaker 4: What, well, it's about cookies.
Speaker 1: So she's like telling you about her husband's habit of eating cookies when he's not supposed to.
Speaker 8: Because they're supposed to be on a diet, right, Because she's been finding receipts in the trash and discarded cookie bag.
Speaker 1: It's a different type of cheating.
Speaker 8: He's totally cheating on her with cookies.
Speaker 4: And why is she telling you that?
Speaker 13: Yeah?
Speaker 4: Is it your business?
Speaker 8: Well, she offered me fifty dollars a week to try and stop him from getting cookies.
Speaker 4: Out of his hand, cookies for you poke his tummy, Like, are you sure you want to buy those?
Speaker 7: Every time he walks in, you just make an announcement.
Speaker 4: Excuse me, shoppers, the cookie I was closed.
Speaker 8: It's almost exactly like that, believe it or not. He wanted me to get creative too and think of things just like that for him not to buy.
Speaker 4: Cookie, So you took the fifty dollars.
Speaker 8: Yeah, so check this out. So sure enough, the following Saturday, I guess who decides to show up at my counter.
Speaker 1: With Oreo Cookies, cookie and himself.
Speaker 8: So I wasn't too sure what to do, right, I kept placing my finger on the on the barcode, pretending like it wasn't scanning.
Speaker 4: That's funny, that's smart.
Speaker 8: But that that worked. That worked, and then he came by the next the third day.
Speaker 1: Oh no, you got to do something again.
Speaker 8: Yeah, a different brand of cookies, but I explained that they were recalled Oh, of.
Speaker 1: Course, the baked salmonilla out brain, you know, Nutter butters with the key.
Speaker 7: Yeah, said, these are not good.
Speaker 4: Twenty of our customers died last week. That good thing I caught you.
Speaker 1: Was he starting to like have the shakes from withdrawals?
Speaker 8: Well, I almost said to him, look, we might have to call the manager over to take care of this, but I think he was pretty set up.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it's one of those things where it's not that important.
Speaker 6: Just whatever.
Speaker 8: Yeah, so the most recent.
Speaker 1: Time, there's a third time that this has happening.
Speaker 4: Yeah, you got to keep switching it up.
Speaker 8: So I tore a hole in the back when he was the organ and explain I couldn't sell it so because of the whole. But see, that's the thing is, I'm freaking out because I'm running out of idea.
Speaker 1: Yeah, bro, and at some point he's gonna be like, let me just go get some more.
Speaker 6: Know.
Speaker 8: Well, I'm hoping you guys could help me think of other ideas that I can keep getting this fifty every week? You know what I mean?
Speaker 4: Can we get twenty five percent of the fifty dollars to be part of this?
Speaker 8: Now? Good?
Speaker 1: That's hard. I don't know what else you could possibly do.
Speaker 3: I'd say up the price of this man. Sounds like he'll pay anything. Oh yeah, he's cooking right.
Speaker 1: I mean, if the wife is paying fifty dollars for him not to get the cookies, I don't think money's really an issue in the couple.
Speaker 4: You can put one of those floor is wet things right in front.
Speaker 1: Of the cookie area.
Speaker 4: Or Saturday, just wait for him to come by.
Speaker 7: Opposite coupon day. These are three times the normal.
Speaker 13: Yeah on Saturday.
Speaker 8: These are great ideas, but it's gonna run out eventually.
Speaker 3: You're gonna have to turn on the wife at some point.
Speaker 1: Well that's a good idea to him. Hey, pay me fifty bucks a week and I'll sneak you cookies.
Speaker 4: Burn the candle from both ends. Good luck stopping him from getting the cookies. Man text in seven eight, five nine two. If you have a confession you've been holding on to, we can hide your identity, mask your voice, and make you the next mass speaker. We got your phone tap coming.
Speaker 11: Up, Brooking Jeffrey.
Speaker 4: In the morning, we got an email from a woman who wanted to prank her husband and the reason that we like this one and moved to the very top of our list. She said he has a short fuse and when we asked her what bugs him, like, what gets under his skin, she says, lately he's been going off about the machines that ask you to like tip oh yeah, or if they want to add on like a little extra donation. Well, we're gonna try and push those buttons today with some help from our very own brook and Jeffrey AI service. Oh I love it. It's your phone tap right now.
Speaker 8: The twenties.
Speaker 4: Hello, Hi is this Oscar market? Yeah, Hi Oscar, this is Rusty Pipeenhammer from insurance. We got an email from you saying that you wanted to add a new person onto your Policy's that right?
Speaker 8: Yeah? You want to add my wife?
Speaker 4: Okay, great, So we've already run it through and your request has been approved.
Speaker 8: All right, great?
Speaker 4: So yeah, the transaction is going to happen through our automated payment system, though, and for your privacy, I'm not going to be a part of that, Okay.
Speaker 8: I can you can't just auto goose to the policy I already have.
Speaker 4: Well, it will, but we have to confirm it through the system, and I'm not allowed to be on that call for your privacy, all right, all right, all right, So I'm just going to send you through to the payment system and then I'll jump back on when you're all done. Okay, all right, all right, sending you through now.
Speaker 13: Hello, your total balance for six months of premium coverage is four hundred and seventy two dollars and thirty nine cents. Do I have permission to charge your card on file? And in seventy eight eighty one?
Speaker 12: Yes, you have my permission.
Speaker 13: Thank you. Transaction confirmed? Would you care to add a one dollar donation to your transaction for charity.
Speaker 8: No, I do not.
Speaker 13: How about five dollars?
Speaker 8: No I do not.
Speaker 13: Last call for charity? Ten dollars?
Speaker 6: What?
Speaker 8: No, I don't want to donate to any charity.
Speaker 13: The charity is for many horses who are getting older. Does that change your mind? No, it does not, So you would not like to donate any money to sweet aging many horses.
Speaker 8: No, I don't want to donate any money to anything, So.
Speaker 13: You wouldn't not like to not donate money to sweet aging many horses. Just confirming with you, representative. How about five dollars? No, representative, last call for charity? Ten dollars?
Speaker 8: No, I want to stalk to a person.
Speaker 13: But you do not want to help them, even the sweet old ones who limp around the stables.
Speaker 9: No I do not.
Speaker 8: I want to talk for a representative.
Speaker 13: Okay, Just confirming with you that you are all right if a mini horse suffers because no one wants to help them.
Speaker 5: No, I hear me.
Speaker 13: I thank you for your candor and honesty.
Speaker 9: Unbelievable.
Speaker 13: Hope you can sleep well tonight knowing your decision to withhold money from the kindest animal to walk planet birth.
Speaker 4: How about five dollars?
Speaker 13: How about five dollars? How about five dollars? Last call for charity for ten dollars?
Speaker 4: Are you not listening? I said, give me a representative.
Speaker 13: Thank you for using the automated payment system. I will transfer you back to the representative for confirmation. You are the only one out of hundreds I helped today who chose not to help many horses.
Speaker 6: I don't care.
Speaker 4: Hey, oscars, see again? How to go?
Speaker 5: No, what, Rusty?
Speaker 7: What is wrong with you automated horses?
Speaker 4: Oh right, yeah, you donated for the many horses?
Speaker 8: Correct?
Speaker 9: No, I didn't donate for the god horses.
Speaker 4: You didn't donate.
Speaker 9: No, I don't give a answer.
Speaker 5: My policy.
Speaker 4: I'm getting new insurance, so I'm sorry. If you had a problem with the system.
Speaker 6: Or something, why would they even ask that?
Speaker 4: Well, I mean, many horses are just sweet, gentle creatures of nature, and I feel like everybody would want to do.
Speaker 8: That, the stupid automated system.
Speaker 4: R Wife Gina was on earlier and she said that she would love to donate to help them many horses.
Speaker 13: What Jena, and what charity is for many horses who are getting older?
Speaker 4: Yeah? That charity?
Speaker 9: So why are you now on at the same time as the automated system are you the one doing it?
Speaker 4: Is probably happening because this is really a prank phone call. We really have to figure this out.
Speaker 13: What's the last call for charity?
Speaker 9: What do you.
Speaker 4: I don't work for the insurance company. My name is jeff from Brook and Jeffrey in the Morning. We're doing a phone tap on you. Oh yeah, your wife Gina said that you get asked to donate money randomly all the time and it was getting on your nerves.
Speaker 9: Yeah.
Speaker 13: Well, the charity is for many horses who are getting older. You know, it can just that change your mind.
Speaker 4: You know, it keeps asking you the question over and over until you agree to donate.
Speaker 9: I'm not still not a green.
Speaker 4: Oh you're gonna hold out against the mini horses. I'm holding out no matter what. You're probably good with your wife. But when people hear this on the radio, they're gonna think that you despise animal charities.
Speaker 8: I'll roll those dice.
Speaker 4: Good luck, Wake up.
Speaker 11: Every morning was phone tap weekday mornings on the twenties Brook and Jeffrey in the Morning.
Speaker 4: If you thought being stuck in the friend zone was the worst feeling, we just heard about another hopeless zone of no romance that sounds even more frustrating.
Speaker 1: Oh, please don't tell me it's the dead zone. Please don't tell me it's the dead zone.
Speaker 6: It's not.
Speaker 4: But one of our listeners is stuck in it right now. He's been desperately searching for a way to finally spark a love connection with a person that he's known for years. Oh, they're not exactly friends. Oh, their relationship is a little stranger, more complicated than that. Really, he's gonna tell us all about it. We're gonna try and help him get out of that zone in a brand new awkward Tuesday phone call.
Speaker 6: Next, it's awkward. It's Tuesday. It's awkward Tuesday phone call.
Speaker 4: When you run into an old friend or acquaintance from your past, is that exciting for you? Is that kind of awkward?
Speaker 7: I into an old friend the other day?
Speaker 6: It is?
Speaker 2: I like it for like twenty five minutes, and then after twenty five minutes, I'm like, oh, that's why we don't.
Speaker 4: Talk anymore personally. If I see anybody I knew back in the day, I'm pulling the fire alarm and getting the heck.
Speaker 6: Out of there.
Speaker 1: Ohh wow, not.
Speaker 4: Old memories with you today? Sorry, yes, but you know. I know some people are a little bit more amicable to that. Yeah, like our listener Mark, who recently ran into someone from his past and now he's looking to get a little bit of advice. So Mark, welcome to the show Man.
Speaker 9: Oh my god, thank you so much for inviting me. This is amazing.
Speaker 1: Oh my god, amazing because you like the show, were amazing because the issues that big.
Speaker 9: Well, I mean, I listened to your show every day, but I don't know. I got to talk to you all. I gotta lay it down.
Speaker 1: Okay, Oh, it sounds like it's juicy.
Speaker 4: Who'd you run into from your past?
Speaker 8: Oh?
Speaker 9: I randomly bumped into my old childhood babysitter.
Speaker 1: Wow, Oh that's crazy. Did she recognize or he? I guess I shouldn't say that, but all my babysitters were girls. Did they recognize you?
Speaker 8: Not?
Speaker 9: At first?
Speaker 11: Oh?
Speaker 9: I was at a coffee shop. I saw her come in while I was waiting for my drink, and I went up there and I.
Speaker 4: Just yelled, Kendra, question, what did she say?
Speaker 9: She was just like, uh, who aren't you?
Speaker 6: That means yes, I am, but I don't recognize you.
Speaker 1: Okay, it makes sense. You were a kid awkward better than her saying go to your room.
Speaker 9: I said, oh, I'll give you a hint. I was like, can you do what? Can you put on my foot again?
Speaker 1: Oh? No, what'd you say?
Speaker 9: It's like, oh my god, Marky?
Speaker 1: Can we call you Marky?
Speaker 12: Now?
Speaker 8: Yeah?
Speaker 4: We have it worked.
Speaker 9: I was just like, yeah, I'm all grown up and we laugh and he's super cute.
Speaker 1: Now, oh so many Marky's got a thing for the babysitter sounds.
Speaker 4: Like, yeah, I'm curious. How old were you when you knew her?
Speaker 6: So?
Speaker 9: I was nine, you were fourteen at the time.
Speaker 1: It's not five year difference.
Speaker 7: Now when you're adults, that's nothing.
Speaker 4: How old How old are you now?
Speaker 8: Are you?
Speaker 4: Are you past your teens?
Speaker 1: Yes, it's a balance question.
Speaker 6: This was three years eighty seven years old.
Speaker 7: You're like, Kendrew, you're.
Speaker 9: Not around twenty five right now. But we just couldn't stop telling stories and we were joking around. You could tell there was a vibe, you know between us.
Speaker 1: Okay, did you ask her out? What did you do? Did you make a move?
Speaker 9: So here's what happened. She was with another lady from her work. Okay, so she said, let's catch up over dinner sometime and I was like, yeah, absolutely, So you know, few days later we went to dinner. It was amazing. I mean it felt better than going on a normal date because we already had a connection.
Speaker 4: And so this was a this was a date that you two went on.
Speaker 9: It wasn't officially a date. It was more of a catch up.
Speaker 2: Like from his side of the it's like cool and sexy and hot. As someone who I'm sure Alexis feels the same, has been a babysitter, it would be really weird even as adults because you just still see that person as a.
Speaker 3: Kid, like eve them back.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you watch them pick their nose, you know where they kept their booger collections.
Speaker 4: I don't it sounds like you guys have actually considered and thought about dating them. But you talked to herself out.
Speaker 2: I'm tried to think from her side, what was her reaction to this? Did she give any indication that she had any interest?
Speaker 9: So my tick on it, honestly was she was being pretty flirty back at me. I okay, little bit, that's good, Yeah, definitely.
Speaker 8: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Is there anything specific that you can bring up about that?
Speaker 9: Yeah, I mean she was twiling her hair, she was laughing. It was amazing, like, Okay.
Speaker 3: Try hair when you're bored. Men don't believe that.
Speaker 7: Scientific prove and you also do it when you're flirting.
Speaker 6: But you're right.
Speaker 7: It could be either. She could have been bored and not having a good I keep.
Speaker 1: Forgetting that this isn't a second date, right.
Speaker 4: Like, yeah, we're doing an awkward phone call here? What what makes this awkward?
Speaker 9: So things were going well till halfway through the meal she leaned over and said, Marky, you need to finish your vegetables.
Speaker 5: Oh wait, wait.
Speaker 4: Did you laugh?
Speaker 9: I mean I laughed, And then she says, I'm serious. Oh so I ate my vegetables while she watched me, and it was it was embarrassing.
Speaker 1: Though, Well, you are a stronger boy because you did eat those veggies.
Speaker 4: So let me ask you this. At the end of the night, how did you and Kendra leave things?
Speaker 6: Like?
Speaker 4: Was it romantic at all?
Speaker 9: We walked out, We had a huge hug. I told her I was gonna text her. Yeah, it was like you better. It's important to keep promises.
Speaker 7: Oh preachy, teach your babysitter motive.
Speaker 4: Yeah, how long ago was this?
Speaker 9: It was just so only a few nights ago.
Speaker 1: So okay, so.
Speaker 2: What do you what do you want our advice with? Because that's like the awkward thing, is right, we give advice.
Speaker 9: Yeah, I just need advice on how to just to say that I'm grown and that I feel like you need to see me as someone that can be with.
Speaker 4: You go on a serious day with him, like.
Speaker 1: I think, stomp your feet and say this is not fair. No really, I know, I get it.
Speaker 4: I get it. Let's try and figure this out. We're gonna come back. We're gonna give you some solid advice on how to help you ask out your babysitter so that she sees you as a man. I'm still paying her.
Speaker 5: Right, No, no, I'm not paying.
Speaker 4: All right, We're gonna do it with your awkward Tuesday phone call.
Speaker 6: Next, it's awkward. It's Tuesday. It's awkward Tuesday phone call.
Speaker 4: Imagine going out with a girl you haven't seen in years. You're at the dinner table together. She looks over at you, seductively, leans in and says, eat your veggie so you can grow up to be a big boy.
Speaker 1: He was weirdness. I think that there's some people that are into them. Yeah, more our listener isn't.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it did actually happen though, to one of our listeners name Marky. Well, I'm calling him Markie because the person across the table was his ex babysitter from when he was younger. Yeah, he was nine years old. She was fourteen at the time. But now they're both grown adults and Mark wants to play doctor the real way. But does she see him that way? Well, she kept calling him MARKI yeah's probably not not a good sign.
Speaker 1: Not yet, not yet.
Speaker 4: He needs to get our advice on how to change that for himself. So let's go to Brook for the whole advice. What do you think he should do?
Speaker 8: Bro?
Speaker 2: Well, I've been thinking about this a lot, and I mean you have to switch her mindset, right, You have to have her start thinking of you like a man. I never suggest this, but I think you should bring up exes because if she can see you in an adult relationship, if she can imagine that, maybe then she can imagine herself in an adult relationship with you.
Speaker 4: Okay, you ready to drop your body count on her? What do you think, Mark?
Speaker 9: I don't want her to get you know, jealous or anything.
Speaker 1: If you do, you do?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 2: You yes, you could just say, like when I was traveling Europe with Candace God, you know, stuff like that.
Speaker 1: She was great, but she didn't really work out.
Speaker 4: You know, a snobby boyfriend trying to make.
Speaker 2: Him sound rich, adult, and well traveled, Jeffrey, those.
Speaker 4: Are good things to remember. Act rich, act grown up, and act well traveled.
Speaker 9: I think I can do that.
Speaker 1: Okay, we're here for you.
Speaker 4: We all believe in you, buddy. We're gonna call Kendra for you, your ex babysitter, and let you try and make this thing official with her, get a real date. Okay, sorry, not official. What's the wrong word?
Speaker 7: Yeah, calor Ken, is that more of like an adult?
Speaker 9: No?
Speaker 4: Just just go respectful. Okay, manly, we're here for you. Okay, I'm down a number right now?
Speaker 8: Here we go.
Speaker 9: Hello, Kendra, it's me. Who is this? It's it's Mark.
Speaker 1: Oh my god, marky Hi.
Speaker 12: I must not have faked your number right in my phone. I don't didn't pop up.
Speaker 9: With this number.
Speaker 1: How are you?
Speaker 9: I'm great? How are you?
Speaker 12: I'm good? I'm good. I'm just kind of hanging out. I just ordered some food waiting for it to show up.
Speaker 5: Cool.
Speaker 9: I love food. Food's great.
Speaker 12: I know.
Speaker 9: I remember that you do? I know you. Yeah, I kind of need to admit something to you. Okay. Uh so when I was nine, I kind of had a crush on you. Oh my god, tell me something I don't know. Oh wait, you knew that.
Speaker 12: Well, I kind of had a feeling. I mean when my boyfriend stopped by that one time you called nine one one and told them that there was.
Speaker 8: An intruder at the door.
Speaker 9: So god, I totally forgot about that. It was anyway, Oh you said that was cute, Yeah, it was so cute.
Speaker 8: Anyway.
Speaker 9: Did you have a good time the other night when we hung out?
Speaker 11: Yeah?
Speaker 1: I did.
Speaker 12: It was really nice, but it was like a little late.
Speaker 9: What do you mean?
Speaker 12: I mean, well, you know, you told me you had a big meeting the next day, and I felt like I was keeping you up past your bedtime.
Speaker 9: Well I'm older now, so I don't really have a bedtime.
Speaker 12: Well I know that, but like everybody needs their sleep, even like big boys like you.
Speaker 9: Yeah, I mean I guess that's true. But I should probably listen.
Speaker 8: To you more. I mean, you should. That was the meeting.
Speaker 9: It was good. I mean I think I made a good impression.
Speaker 12: Did you brush your teeth before.
Speaker 9: Yeah, but look, here's the conflict that I have. And I'm just gonna be honest. I don't know if you see it, but I feel like there's like an attraction between us.
Speaker 12: I mean yeah, and I feel that.
Speaker 8: Right.
Speaker 9: But like you've heard of people being like friend zoned before, I feel like I'm being nanny zoned.
Speaker 12: Wait what are you talking about?
Speaker 9: You know, like the brush your teeth common and on the date you made me eat vegetables. It's just stuff you would have said to me as a kid, and I don't want the potential of this to have some the same nanny kid power structure.
Speaker 12: Okay, okay, how about this? How about you come over to my place this Friday night. I'll make you dinner and I won't make you eat vegetables.
Speaker 9: Okay, yeah, that sounds good.
Speaker 12: Yeah, and then we can watch a movie that's, you know, not too scary because I remember that you don't.
Speaker 9: Like a scary one.
Speaker 12: And the best part is if you stay out past eleven, I won't make.
Speaker 9: You go home.
Speaker 1: Oh cool?
Speaker 9: Oh wow?
Speaker 12: Yeah, you can stay over and I'll read you a bedtime story.
Speaker 9: And this is.
Speaker 4: Hello, Hey Kendra.
Speaker 5: Hey, who is.
Speaker 4: Kendra? You're on the radio right now with a show called Brook and Jeffrey in the Morning.
Speaker 6: Huh, Jeffrey.
Speaker 4: We're a morning radio show right and we're doing a segment with Mark called Awkward Tuesday Phone Call. We're trying to help him have this conversation with you.
Speaker 1: About like dating, not about bedtime stories.
Speaker 12: Mark, what's happening right now?
Speaker 9: I don't like this.
Speaker 4: I'm sorry, Mark, Mark, do you want to explain?
Speaker 9: So listen. I have feelings for you, and I want you to see me as an equal because I really, I really see its being a thing.
Speaker 4: Do you feel like there's a connection there, maybe, Kendra, like a grown up, mature, romantic connection.
Speaker 9: I mean, I kind of see something.
Speaker 12: But at the same time, it's just like really hard to shake the image I have of you as a little boy.
Speaker 3: Like in my mind, you're.
Speaker 9: Still a little boy.
Speaker 1: But listen to his voice.
Speaker 2: That's a man voice, and you're sitting across from him at the dinner table.
Speaker 1: He's got facial hair.
Speaker 4: Give me a chance to say something mainly right now, Mark, go ahead, I mean I do have facial hair. I mean, come on, wow, I'm certainly convinced.
Speaker 12: Yeah, I just think he's adorable, but I just can't, Like, he's just Marky. I don't know, he's Marky and I can't.
Speaker 2: Okay, but you admitted, you admitted there was an attraction when you two were talking.
Speaker 1: I heard you you said, yeah, I get it.
Speaker 4: But then she told him to make sure he brushes his teeth every night.
Speaker 6: Each other out.
Speaker 4: Do you do you realize that you're doing that, Kendra? Or do you even know that?
Speaker 11: My habit?
Speaker 5: What do you want from me?
Speaker 1: It's habits?
Speaker 4: This could just be a case of two people trying to force a romantic connection when really it is what it is, And maybe you're just meant more to be just friends.
Speaker 1: Yeah, or Mark just wants his girlfriend to do everything for him, you know, like changes. I mean, he obviously kind of likes it, because like, how could anyone listen to that and still be attracted?
Speaker 9: I mean, I like when she does that too, I like when she reads me big time stories.
Speaker 7: Maybe he does like it.
Speaker 4: Maybe the tickle monster can come out again and be like the grown up tickle.
Speaker 1: No.
Speaker 4: Maybe yeah, maybe we're all just trying too hard to make this happen and it's not going there naturally. I mean, do you see that Mark.
Speaker 9: I mean maybe in another lifetime if she, if she wasn't my babysitter, there could have been something.
Speaker 1: Okay, you're giving up, you're letting it go. Maybe you guys can be friends, or you can't stay Nanny's owned or is.
Speaker 4: Trying to find a time machine to go back and cancel.
Speaker 9: I'm working on it and I'm starting tonight.
Speaker 4: Kendra. Are you okay just staying friends with Mark?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 12: I think that's fine for me.
Speaker 4: Okay, I may not do.
Speaker 7: The babysitting terms around him a lot, to just be like normal adult friends.
Speaker 1: Did you not hear him? He likes it.
Speaker 3: Yeah, to.
Speaker 4: Stay in friends, stay in touch and see what happens and maybe something will naturally develop from that.
Speaker 1: Okay, what's your favorite bedtime story? Mark?
Speaker 8: Oh? My god?
Speaker 1: Interesting?
Speaker 4: They are a.
Speaker 11: Man Brook and Jeffrey in the morning.
Speaker 4: People always complain that journalists and the news media over sensationalize things, Okay, like, instead of saying milk prices down a nickel this week, the journalists go with millions of oppressed cows, left downtrodden and out of work as milk prices crater to devastating new roads.
Speaker 1: I'm worried about those cows.
Speaker 4: It's extreme, it's ridiculous to do that, and it's unhealthy for people to hear stuff like that. That's why we don't sensationalize things on our show at all.
Speaker 1: We do that more, No, we're not.
Speaker 4: We're gonna prove it in a breaking, earth shattering, volcano erupting, cataclysmic hyperlocal addition, don't care.
Speaker 1: I love this local city.
Speaker 4: It's coming up at eight ten. Are you guys feeling like me? Where life lately is mostly panic? No disco?
Speaker 1: Oh sad, Let's bring you more panic. Wait, no more disco.
Speaker 4: We're gonna try and put some of the disco back with a brand new care. Don't care. Get right into the first headline. Well, you'll never believe what was just found in the Goodwill donation box. Don't care. Glenda Fuffle is the manager at the Goodwill in Yuma, Arizona. Her job is to go through the donations whenever they come through, make sure everything gets sordid tagged, organized where.
Speaker 1: It needs to be, and her other job is to have the most awesome last name effort.
Speaker 4: Well, the other day she came across something in the donation bin that made national headlines because it appeared to be a human skull.
Speaker 1: Oh, I thought something fun.
Speaker 4: Jeff, it looks like a real skull that has one fake plastic eyeball in it. So there's the pool.
Speaker 1: Oh my god.
Speaker 4: Nine was called and officers responded to the scene.
Speaker 1: Why is it sitting in a wicker basket?
Speaker 4: They called the Medical Examiner's office to come take a look, but instead of launching an investigation for a potential crime, they concluded this skull was ancient and possibly historic.
Speaker 1: Is this the stuff that people are finding in their grandparents' house?
Speaker 4: Like? Yeah, pretty much. Maybe you put it in your in your will, like I would like to be donated to a good will someday. Many people on Twitter agreed, saying, wow, this is so cool. Another another person said, I couldn't imagine being the person who found this. I personally would have kept it and put it into my own personal skull collection.
Speaker 8: But that's.
Speaker 4: Police say. If you do have any ancient or historic skulls lying around and you don't know what to do with it, contact them, don't put it in the goodwill donation.
Speaker 1: Bit god, I'll remember that when I'm cleaning up my skull closet.
Speaker 4: See if you care about this. Finally a Guinness World record Jose might be able to break. I don't care.
Speaker 1: Let's get rid of the record books. Jose do it.
Speaker 4: There's a thirty two year old guy named Zach Swape from Pennsylvania and his record setting attempt all started last July when he went to go see Minions Rise of the Guru in theaters okay, And while he was there at Regal Cinemas, he signed up for one of their Regal Unlimited memberships. Oh yeah, which allows him unlimited trips to any movie there for just twenty two dollars a month.
Speaker 1: That's so crazy. You can do that.
Speaker 5: That's a great deal.
Speaker 4: So while he was in the theater, Zach got a little curious and looked up the record and found that a Frenchman named Vincent Crone had watched seven hundred and fifteen movies in one calendar year.
Speaker 1: Oh joy, three hundred and sixty five days in the year. That's like, oh, that's two movies a day in the theater, Harvard, go to the bathroom.
Speaker 4: But Zach was like, I could beat that. What So he met with Regal management the next day and they agreed to support him in his attempt.
Speaker 1: Oh my gosh.
Speaker 4: They monitored all of his screenings to make sure that he was following the rules set forward by Guinness, which included not taking any bathroom breaks nikes. Oh my god, sorry, I guess you can't break this after all. Also, no having any snacks or beverages during any of the movies.
Speaker 3: Why do have to torture yourself because you have?
Speaker 1: And how is Regal cool with that? I mean that's how they make all their money, right, Yeah, so.
Speaker 4: Zach would watch up to three movies after work on weekdays and then squeeze in even more movies during the weekends.
Speaker 1: Do you have to stay awake during the whole film? Is that one of the first?
Speaker 4: Assuming that's part you have to watch the thing?
Speaker 1: You're not eating, you're not drinking?
Speaker 3: Like if he dated for a year?
Speaker 8: Like?
Speaker 3: Does he bring him on dates?
Speaker 4: With the movie that he saw the most times Puss in Boots The Last Wish with forty seven viewings.
Speaker 1: I mean he started with Minions, So.
Speaker 6: Yes.
Speaker 4: His favorite film of the year was Spider Man Across the Spider Verse?
Speaker 6: Are you kidding me?
Speaker 1: I saw that and the ending just angered me. Oh no, you don't understand when you watch.
Speaker 4: It Okay, well, Zach liked it, so everybody's entitled right now. In the end, Zach shattered the old record going to the movies seven hundred and seventy seven times.
Speaker 6: Wow.
Speaker 4: There that's Zach with his record breaking ticket.
Speaker 1: He looks paler than I expected, but maybe that's from the indoors that much time.
Speaker 4: Let's go to your next headline. If you randomly find one of these in your front lawn, it's not what you think. It means. Care, don't care.
Speaker 1: I care, kind of spooky.
Speaker 4: I care well for those of you that don't know about me and my sordid private school past. Yeah, back when I was thirteen, I was a member of a gang.
Speaker 1: Oh stop, why do you tell this story again?
Speaker 4: It's so it's relevant. The pink flamingo bandidos. We would go out in the dead of night and leave decorative pink flamingos all over people's front lawns.
Speaker 1: Just pee somebody's house like a normal kid. Jack.
Speaker 4: We raised hell in the hard streets of Calabasis. Yeah, and it looks like we've inspired some copycats across the pond, because over in North Wales they've been leaving not flamingos, but gnomes in people's front gardens.
Speaker 2: Oh oh, yeah, we left a couple of gnomes in our neighbors lawn because you thought it's funny.
Speaker 4: Oh, but this is for a more sinister reason than simple teenage pranks. Officers said this behavior is used by burglars to see if a resident is home.
Speaker 1: Oh, would like to see if they move the nome.
Speaker 4: Apparently, if the nomes not collected by the resident within twenty four hours, the properties assumed to be empty and considered an easy target. So basically, Robert drops the gnome off in your front lawn leaves, and then they come back twenty four hours later if the noome's still there, the robbers going in, oh my, it's kind of funny.
Speaker 1: Because the nomes we left at our neighbor's house also stayed exactly where they were because our neighbors were like, hey, they look kind of cool.
Speaker 9: Yeah yeah.
Speaker 4: Well, police are now encouraging people who find gnomes to reach out to them so they can set up sting operations. Recently, one burglar came back to see his gnome still in the garden, so he entered the house through a back window, where seven officers were waiting for him.
Speaker 1: If those burglars are not wearing nome hats, I am going to be upset.
Speaker 4: He tried to tell him this was his house and he just lost the key to his front doors were going through the back. Okay, they didn't buy it. He was thrown to the ground in handcuff.
Speaker 6: Yeah happened.
Speaker 4: Finally. Jeff's joke of the day, Cara, don't care. Do you guys know why I call my horse Mayo?
Speaker 9: No?
Speaker 4: Because sometimes Mayo naise.
Speaker 1: Horse.
Speaker 11: It's a great one that their Brook and Jeffrey in the morning.
Speaker 4: Look who's back?
Speaker 1: Everyone who's here?
Speaker 6: Okay?
Speaker 4: The legal assistant Okay, Kay loves our show and loves everyone on it because she says, we sound like a cute dysfunctional sitcom fan.
Speaker 1: Hey, there's our dysfunctional audience.
Speaker 5: We'll go home.
Speaker 4: Kay, did you bring the gravy?
Speaker 5: No?
Speaker 9: I forgot.
Speaker 1: Got a case of the case, right, I don't know. I'm sorry, Kay, we got way too into that. I just followed Jeffery leed and I was like, this is so fun, We're so wholesome.
Speaker 4: Welcome back, thank you. All right, we're gonna stop with the hijinks and get right into the trivia. Here Brooke is leaving the studio and while that happens, Kay, you know the game works. You got thirty seconds to answer as many questions as possible. If you don't know when, you can stay past. But you have to beat her out right to win. Are you ready?
Speaker 5: I am?
Speaker 8: All right?
Speaker 4: Goodness luck, K Your time starts now. Today is National Video Games Day. In Super Mario, what's the evil verse of Mario called?
Speaker 10: Oh God?
Speaker 4: I don't know what sea creature has the largest eyes in the world. Raisins originate from what fruit greed? Testarosa is a model from which luxury car brand.
Speaker 5: Lamborghini.
Speaker 4: There are two planets in our solar system with no moons named one of them. And I'm gonna give you one more because I struggled on a question. Which of the seven dwarves wore glasses?
Speaker 9: Doc?
Speaker 4: All right, good work, K. Brook's gonna come back into the studio. And fun fact about k she hates the fall. She doesn't like it because it's rainy, it's crappy, and she runs hot. You're a sexy runner, Hokay.
Speaker 1: Okay, what's your favorite season then? K?
Speaker 5: I mean like spring?
Speaker 2: Okay, it's too hot and it's also like newness and new beginnings. It feels like anything's possible in the spring. Fall just feels like one step away from death.
Speaker 4: All right, let's not depress everybody listening.
Speaker 7: I just think of it as soup weather.
Speaker 1: Guess who eat soup? Really old people.
Speaker 4: Okay, you're getting a little out of control here. Let's uh, let's get back to the fun questions. Brook you ready, your time starts now? Today is National Video Games Day. In super Mario, what is then evil version of Mario called.
Speaker 1: Ah evil Mario? I remember what.
Speaker 4: Sea creature has the largest eyes in the world.
Speaker 1: Octopus?
Speaker 4: Raisins originate from what fruit grapes? Testarosa is a model from which luxury.
Speaker 1: Car brand Mercedes.
Speaker 4: There are two planets in our solar system with no moons.
Speaker 1: Name one of them Neptune.
Speaker 4: Which of the seven dwarfs wore glasses?
Speaker 8: Oh?
Speaker 4: Doc, Okay, let's go to the scoreboard and see how you boll did here with Jose.
Speaker 12: Things should happen to stupid people keep happening to me.
Speaker 6: Okay, you did well.
Speaker 7: You got to correct.
Speaker 10: Today pretty good.
Speaker 7: And brook yep also to.
Speaker 2: Buzzer v ok and we got to talk crap about fall.
Speaker 4: Everybody wins except for care. So let's go over the answers here. Today is National Video Games Day. In Super Mario, the evil Marios called War.
Speaker 1: I never knew that the w is.
Speaker 4: An upside down and that's evil for some reason.
Speaker 1: That's because he was going to war.
Speaker 7: They have.
Speaker 4: The sea creature with the largest eyes in the world is the colossal squid.
Speaker 6: You both octopus.
Speaker 4: The eyes are the size of a soccer ball. Apparently, raisins originate from grapes testarosa. That's a model from luxury car brand Ferrari. There are two planets in the Solar system with no moons, Mercury and Venus, the two that are closer to the Sun than Us and the Out of the seven dwarves, Doc is the only one with glasses.
Speaker 2: Well, you know, I'm always knowing who else has got these four eyes.
Speaker 1: Me and Doc.
Speaker 4: Kay can't give you any money here, but just we're playing. You do win a fifty dollars a gift card, chat with a beauty advisor, and check out brands like Fenti Beauty by Rihanna, Drunk Elephant, and Olaplex at Sephora Bellevue Square.
Speaker 2: Okay, I have a new fenty like blush cream, love it and out of ten recommend.
Speaker 4: Okay, you don't have to laugh at that.
Speaker 1: I like her.
Speaker 5: Audience.
Speaker 1: Yeah, they've held up a sign, didn't you see the stage hand?
Speaker 4: Just the idea of Brook wearing makeup. I guess that's the funny. Kay, thank you so much for playing. We'll be back to do Windbrooks Bucks the same time tomorrow.
Speaker 11: Brooke and Jeffrey in the morning.