Speaker 1: It's either going to be the best hour or the worst hour of your life. But I'll tell you one thing, this podcast is very memorable.
Speaker 2: Okay, you're gonna create core memories coming out.
Speaker 3: Now.
Speaker 1: We're starting to see a trend. It's broken Jeffrey in the Morning. Just like with Taylor Swift's Eras tour, where bedazzled cowboy hats and sparkly outfits with glitter boots were being sold out all over the country. Now Beyonce's having the same effect for her Renaissance World tour. Wow, but with the color silver.
Speaker 4: Yes, because she requested everyone to wear it.
Speaker 5: It looks so good and Bay, you do.
Speaker 4: When she says something, you follow.
Speaker 1: Whatever stadium Beyonce is performing at, she calls it the House of Chrome Yes, and that sent a lot of her fans scrambling on to Etsy and other places looking for shiny chrome or silver clothes that they could wear.
Speaker 4: I was gonna say, I was in Zara the other day fully chromed out. You can find so much chrome there.
Speaker 1: You know what's up. Every city Queen Bay performs in silver, clothes are flying off the shells, being completely sold out, and apparently the number one item that people are buying up for it. Are silver folding fans? Oh good, call like the fan yourself during the show.
Speaker 4: Oh yeah, well it's not really for like purpose. It's like for fashion pictures. Yeah, exactly. I was gonna bust on my Yeah, Jeffy, you're almost wearing silver right now, you're in all gray is one step away.
Speaker 1: I'm just really depressed right now, you're more like your Yeah. But Beyonce says she's been trying to surround herself with a human disco ball every night.
Speaker 4: God she dissolves it.
Speaker 1: But it is crazy to see, though, how artists nowadays have this type of crazy influence on national clothing.
Speaker 4: I had a friend who's down in Vegas see and Ed Sheeran over the weekend, and she texted me a picture.
Speaker 5: There's a crowd of thirty people in.
Speaker 4: Red haired and they're like, that's how you're showing that.
Speaker 1: A kind of mocking him, and it's like short, like we're all doing it. I guess I would like it if everybody showed up to one of our events wearing dog shock collars the whole audience, so we could all shock each other while listening to the shock collar question of the day. We're going to send it over to Digital Jake for our question.
Speaker 6: If you haven't checked your calendar, it's the thirteenth day of the month. Even though there's a lot of hubbub about the number thirteen being unlucky, you're actually in luck today because it happens to be Defy Superstition Day. Oh really right, So, rather than hiding from black cats, avoiding ladders, keeping Alexis away from many fragile, easily shattered mirrors before she's put on her fake eyelashes, We're going to stare down some of the strangest superstitions from around the world in a special one and done. Step on a crack, break your mama's back. There was plenty of room on that floating door from Titanic to fit both rows and jack Shot collared question of the day because they were gonna kick it off with you, all right. Knocking on wood is one of the world's oldest superstitions, where you tap on wood to gain protection from bad spirits. That's only in the Indo European, Celtic or British circles. In Italy, they do things a little differently to bring themselves luck. Which of these do they knock on is it a steal b bread or c tomatoes.
Speaker 1: Knock on bread?
Speaker 4: That's quite a list. How gross if like people just knock it on bread all the time, like, hey, I want to eat that and I don't know if you washed your hands made it stale old bread? Though?
Speaker 1: Is that how you checked the freshness of bread? Partially? Is you like you knock on it, you crack it? You see what it sounds like? Unlucky throw away.
Speaker 4: It'll be hard to knock on a tomato.
Speaker 2: I feel like both of these are just checking for freshness. Like I think it's just steel because of wood, and it's gonna be one of the food ones. And I'm gonna say with they gotta knock on the good fresh.
Speaker 1: Of bread, Jose said braid.
Speaker 6: That is they say touch steel rather than would because centuries ago metal was scarce and considered to be magical.
Speaker 1: Not gotten to the magic of steel.
Speaker 6: Or O for one, oh for two if you count that accent, Alexis, it's your turn. In Turkey, they're superstitious about what they put in their mouths. Once the sun goes down, according to that's one morning Alexis. According to the Turks, it can turn into the flesh of the dead. If you're not careful, what is it? Is it a hard candy, be gum? Or see a toothpick?
Speaker 4: Better not get food stuck in your teeth if.
Speaker 1: You have kept a toothpick really long in your mouth, though it does like get kind of weird.
Speaker 5: I could see like sundown, spin them out, you know, because you got toothpick and.
Speaker 4: Get it out of there. At night, I know I could see the candies.
Speaker 7: They tell kids that they don't eat candy, Like.
Speaker 4: I don't know.
Speaker 6: I'm sure candy like you said hard candy, That is incorrect. It was gum. Oh watch it in Turkey. No gum at night? Over to Brook. It's your turn. Like numbers, colors have a symbolic significance in many cultures, but be especially careful in Russia. To whom you give yellow flowers? What do they represent? Is it a death, be infidelity or separation? Or see a vodka shortage they ran out of vodkas.
Speaker 4: Oh, it's interesting yellow flower. You know here I mean friendship. So maybe it's like I'm disguising you as my friend, but really we're doing it on the side or something.
Speaker 1: Oh, I'm pretty sure I've only seen yellow flowers at Russian funerals. In the secluded movie theater where I go that screens Russian documentaries, they showed lots of funerals there with yellow flowers.
Speaker 4: Interesting, I'm not gonna that is totally useless to me.
Speaker 1: It's talking about death. Okay, yellow flowers mean death?
Speaker 4: Was that one of the options.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'm trying to help you.
Speaker 2: She's like, jeff I'm in the middle of work right now.
Speaker 4: Mean, white lilies are kind of the death flower here. Maybe it's yellow flowers there, let's go death.
Speaker 1: Brooks said death.
Speaker 6: That is infidelity. If you give someone yellow flowers, it means you're hoping the universe breaks up their relationship.
Speaker 1: Oh my god, might.
Speaker 7: Mean something else.
Speaker 4: Last time I.
Speaker 6: Listened to jeff zero for three, Jeffrey, you gotta get this one right to save the group. And not all superstitions are evil. However, in France, even doing something bad in just the right way can bring you good luck. Which of these is a real French superstition that could benefit you? Is it a breaking a mirror indoors keeps the good spirits in the house, be opening an umbrella in the bathroom protects you from depression or see stepping in dog poot with your left foot, not your right, but your left is good luck.
Speaker 1: Good luck.
Speaker 2: Has anyone won the lottery after stepping dog crap or something?
Speaker 8: I don't think so.
Speaker 4: The umbrella in the bathroom so specific. You got a whole umbrella stand in your bathroom. This person's got some issues.
Speaker 1: And there's breaking a mirror is good luck indoors because it keeps the good spirits in the house. I mean, the other ones are so outrageous. I think the only one that might make a little bit of sense is breaking a mirror indoors.
Speaker 6: Jeff said, breaking a mirror, that is, it's stepping in dog poop with your left foot, because the left side is typically considered unlucky. But when you can bind two unlucky things, good luck again.
Speaker 1: Well, everybody got their question about superstitions wrong today, so we're all going to get shocked. Somebody wanted to hear superstition by Stevie One very Superstition's.
Speaker 9: A shot collar question of the day frooking Jeffrey in the morning.
Speaker 1: Last night, I was doing my usual midnight stroll through a local park.
Speaker 4: I don't know why I'm not surprised by that.
Speaker 1: Okay, it just helps me, you know, clear my head. And I noticed something wedged in the crook of a tree. There was a little glass vial that sat on the front. Truth Serum, do not drink. Well, I just come from the circus performers tent, so obviously I was in desperate need of electrolytes.
Speaker 4: Wait, wait, completely the circus there, jeff.
Speaker 1: I needed some drink, so I drank it. Next thing I know, I'm back in that circus tent.
Speaker 4: I'm sorry to think the circus tent wasn't real time.
Speaker 1: It wasn't by choice, though. What does it all mean?
Speaker 4: But use a drinking fountain.
Speaker 1: But hopefully nobody asked me anything about the acrobat or the bearded man.
Speaker 4: Wait are you the bearded man?
Speaker 1: Well, it's supposed to be a woman fell for it again. It's so easy, non incriminating questions. Only please when we do a brand new what's on your mind? I don't want to see what happened, We don't want to know. Ask but the truth serum.
Speaker 9: It's coming up, brooking Jeffrey in the morning.
Speaker 1: This is a p s. A asking everyone to stop hating mondays. Okay, it's immature. It's time to be a professional, grow up and start hating the whole old dang week. Yeah, like the adults do. Yeah, that's where you're going. Let's all get into that head space during a brand new What's on your Mind? Starting with Brook, I hate it, Brook, What's on your Mound?
Speaker 4: I was going to cover Tuesdays but apparently did No. It was my anniversary, my wedding anniversary. Last week we had yet another very romantic date because first we could only find a babysitter for the daytime. All the we went through our whole rolodex and they were all busy.
Speaker 1: It's like you and your husband do a lot of like romantic stuff at night. This would be the one time, Jeff.
Speaker 5: But it's okay. I felt like we really salvaged it.
Speaker 4: We looked all online for the coolest thing to do in town and I was like, oh my gosh, there's a jazz walk festival.
Speaker 1: So did you say coolest thing in town?
Speaker 5: Cool jazz jazz music? I like, I love live music, so as my husband, I.
Speaker 4: Thought we could go have a drink. It'd be fine.
Speaker 9: Right.
Speaker 4: We drive down there and there is no signs, there are no people. It is very empty festival the jazz walk.
Speaker 5: Why we decide. I'm like, well, let's just park.
Speaker 4: We could find it, right, So we park, We start walking around. We finally find a sign. I'm like, yeah.
Speaker 5: Okay, we find a sign. Follow the sign.
Speaker 4: We end up at the Senior No Senior Center center.
Speaker 9: Walk up.
Speaker 1: There's too many people jazz.
Speaker 4: So we go and we are by far obviously the youngest, like by forty years like children. Yes, no romantic vibe. We can get a glass of wine, which is nice. Money goes to the Senior Center.
Speaker 10: Here you go, But then we can't leave because it's all these old people and there's not many of them. So if we stand up and leave, it's just it felt rude.
Speaker 4: It felt rude.
Speaker 9: Yea.
Speaker 4: When we do finally go, one of the older lovely grandmothers that were there asked us if we were shopping for our future?
Speaker 1: Oh and did you like the home? Was it?
Speaker 9: Yeah?
Speaker 5: Yet no.
Speaker 1: Anniversary on your mind?
Speaker 2: Well, speaking of being shamed, not too long ago, Brook sent me a text saying quote, I think you could use this buddy with a link to a step counter bracelet. Then she felt bad because I said, hey, thanks for calling me.
Speaker 5: Fat Oh yeah.
Speaker 1: It's like, hey, fat boy, here go on a walk.
Speaker 4: By this all right, talking about how you need to go out and walk and you don't ever do it. We're trying to help motivate you.
Speaker 2: Then another friend of mine says, hey, man, how are you have you been to the doctor lately?
Speaker 6: One sentence that.
Speaker 1: Looks like a hou's the the what's the doctor saying about you?
Speaker 9: No?
Speaker 1: One just casually asked if you've been to the doctor. That to me, that's like a means they you're looking fat? You know, this is what I need to know. Do people in this room think that I've gained weight?
Speaker 2: Let's do a test.
Speaker 4: Two hands on my stomach, and I need you to tell me.
Speaker 1: Walking right up? You have to do it rolling.
Speaker 4: A good friend would put in her face I am not doing that.
Speaker 1: She could have put her hands on him, been like, wow.
Speaker 4: That's a You were not fat, you were immobile.
Speaker 5: You don't the question broke.
Speaker 4: You wanted to walk?
Speaker 1: Oh no, Well, it's just like when your girlfriend asked, like, does this dress make you look fat? Like nothing that you say is going to be good.
Speaker 2: Jeff, I can't get a girlfriend.
Speaker 6: I'm single.
Speaker 1: I'm glad Jodpace, what's been on your mind?
Speaker 4: I don't know if I could save this.
Speaker 5: I went back to my hometown where my parents live.
Speaker 7: Okay, last minute. I was just gonna, like low key see some friends. So I'm out to drinks with one of my friends and we get a text to come to this like location that another close friend of mine is at.
Speaker 4: We get there and it's a wedding after party. Oh wait, wait wait wait is it the reception or is it after the reception?
Speaker 7: Post reception? Wedding carried on? Okay, yes, but I don't know the bride and groom. I recognize like some people from high school in the room. Not super Yeah, I'm crashing, but I wasn't really invited to this, and it was Someone actually came up to me and said, you are the last person I expected to see here tonight.
Speaker 4: I wasn't invited.
Speaker 7: I went around all night explaining to people how I didn't want to be there, but I ended up there on accident, writing.
Speaker 4: Group like thanks lady, like a loser.
Speaker 9: I was just at home.
Speaker 5: You may try to make other people who are having their lives feel.
Speaker 7: Like showing face at home for a while, basically just to see.
Speaker 4: My close friend and get a drink. Okay, what's on your mind?
Speaker 1: You all know how I'm always on top of things, organizing and scheduling, planning ahead, none of that. Uh huh, Well then you're just the victims of it. Fine, but we are you. You only know who else was the victim of my poor planning. Recently, my dog bagel you. I know this is going to shock you, but I didn't realize that I was running out of his normal dog food.
Speaker 4: I can't believe you remember to feed him. That's pretty good.
Speaker 1: It should have occurred to me when the bag was almost empty. But no, slip my mind, I ran out.
Speaker 5: Oh boy, happened?
Speaker 4: I know.
Speaker 1: So I'm like, you know what, It's fine, I'll go to the store. I'll just get like a different but similar kind of one huge problem what because now it's totally ruined his digestive tract and I am the victim of bagels. Bagels. He is dropping them all over the house, like stomach everywhere, in the dining room and the kitchen, on the floor. He's gone in my bed. It's up against the wall sometimes like a roar. Stop it. He's trying to tell me he doesn't like the new.
Speaker 5: Food is hurt is a sensitive boy.
Speaker 1: And it's worst case scenario because the fancy dog food that I get him from Europe normally is two weeks late. So I am knee deep in bagels bagels at the moment.
Speaker 4: Okay, listen, you need to go with the bland diet. He needs chicken pumpkin, pumpkin pumpkin without any spice in it. You gotta make sure it's just pure pumpkin and brown.
Speaker 2: Rice until he gets his Scandinavian shipman.
Speaker 1: I am waiting for to get in the mall. I ain't et in pumpkin crap. Okay, I'll go to Starbucks and get them a ps. Anyway, that's what's on our mind. Text in seventy five nine to two tell us what's been on yours. Text into seventy five nine two says, what's in my mind? It's not a question we usually asked, but what's in my mind? Are you supposed to wash your backscratcher, especially after ten minutes of vigorous skin contact.
Speaker 5: Let's keep that.
Speaker 4: Let's keep that in the mind.
Speaker 1: Yes, just keep it there, or you can lick wash it clean. It's okay, it's his own body. It's not Another text says, why do they call them apartments when they're all stuck together? Come on, I give that person credit.
Speaker 4: I think they should be gatherments.
Speaker 2: Okay, okay, let's just do one more.
Speaker 1: You guys deserve free muffins and more. Thanks for the last muffins for everybody.
Speaker 9: Brook and Jeffrey in the morning.
Speaker 1: You ever opened up and talk about your dating life with a married person and for some reason they think the appropriate thing to say back to you is, oh, thank god, I don't have to date an Your life sounds horrible time. I'm so happy that I found love and I'm in a perfect happy marriage. To stoop down to the low low levels that you're at right.
Speaker 4: Every second day, you've all cut back on the wounds.
Speaker 9: It's weird.
Speaker 4: We hear that a.
Speaker 3: Lot around here.
Speaker 1: We do have several married people who work on this show, from Brook to digital Jake to editor Ashley, and even jose is legally married to his PlayStation. Oh okay, I was like, wait, I'm married. The wedding night did get weird though, No, no.
Speaker 5: No, I say that we got it.
Speaker 1: But brace yourself for the collective groans of oh I'm so happy I don't have to deal with this crap anymore when we hear nightmare dating stories and a brand new Battle of the Tender Dates that's coming up. That's seven ten, two.
Speaker 9: Hopeless theaters, one dating app. Then dares you swipe right? The question is whose love life is more tragic? It's Battle Love the Tender Dates.
Speaker 1: It's a dating game show that dresses like theanos on his profile claims he's twenty six, but really he's three thousand years old. Okay, you couldn't tell though. It's Battle of the Tender Dates. Yeah, where two of our listeners go ahead to head to find out whose dating life is the most tragic. Let's explain the rules in justice. Second. First, we got to meet today's contestants. In this corner, her secret to seducing men is seductively flaring her nostrils along to the beat of thriller. Oh, and that's why she's known as nasal Hazel.
Speaker 4: You're working those nostrils out, aren't you, Hazel.
Speaker 5: Yes, yes, it's hard to do.
Speaker 1: That's talent. But in the other corner, she'll let a guy know that she's really into him by memorizing his birthday and all sixteen digits of his credit card. Lisa, Lisa E.
Speaker 4: I've bet so many men fall in love with you.
Speaker 3: Every day, every day?
Speaker 4: Maybe illegal?
Speaker 1: Yeah, she has no credit limit, though he has. How the game works, one contestant is going to start by telling one of their worst dating stories than the other one try and counter with a nightmare story of their own. We're going back and forth for three rounds until we declare a winner. We're gonna start things off with nasal Hazel.
Speaker 11: Okay, So a guy came over to my place and I made it such recruiterie board. Wow, somehow he's never had before, like ever in his life. Oh, because he started seeing he couldn't stop talking about how much he loved it. Like this went on and on.
Speaker 1: And that's a compliment. That's a good thing.
Speaker 4: I had a thousand charcuterie boards and I still can't stop talking about how much I love them while I even then.
Speaker 1: And Lisa appreciates all your work.
Speaker 11: Yeah, well this one was apparently more amazing than me, because like I went to.
Speaker 12: The restroom after that, okay, and all.
Speaker 11: Of a sudden, I hear the door slam and I look out the window. He's leaving with my charcuterie board.
Speaker 1: He stole it, actual board.
Speaker 11: He just took everything, the board, the cheesus, everything.
Speaker 4: Oh I mean, but you sign that perfect blue. Oh yeah, with a little fig spread.
Speaker 1: We're gonna go off on cheesus for too long. Let's move on to Lisa. Lisa go.
Speaker 3: A guy asked if I wanted to watch the Barbie movie with him, you know, Green Flag Off.
Speaker 4: Yeah, that's great.
Speaker 3: I thought so too. He sent me his address to meet him, and I go inside and he has a puppet stand set up with Barbies.
Speaker 4: He's going to act it out.
Speaker 1: They're already doing the live action version out the whole movie. That's actually amazing, so some talent education for me.
Speaker 3: It was wild. I ran, I ran out.
Speaker 4: Yeah, well, don't spoil the ending for Yeah.
Speaker 1: All right around to Hazel, We're back to you.
Speaker 11: I don't know the guy. We talked about work on the day, especially my job. He seems super interested in it, to the point that I thought, okay, he has to be bored now right.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 11: Well, a week after our date, I get fired and get who they hired your lacy.
Speaker 4: No, no, he was doing research about the job position by Danny's scoundary hired him.
Speaker 11: It turns out we were in a summer field and after our hangout, he just contacted my boss instead. I bad mouthed him and took my job.
Speaker 10: Oh it's so diabolical.
Speaker 1: It's brilliant. That is a smart man. He deserves that job. Okay, Lisa, what do you got?
Speaker 3: Guy invited me to dinner at a friend's house. We go there, there's a group of people.
Speaker 8: There's a few kids.
Speaker 4: Don't tell me. This guy showed up with a charcooterie board.
Speaker 3: He was not terie guide. But okay, but about mid dinner, one of the kids comes running up and goes, daddy.
Speaker 9: Oh.
Speaker 5: You didn't realize he was a father before the day.
Speaker 3: No mention of any children. Oh my god, and says sorry, we're at my ex wife's house and these are my kids.
Speaker 4: Okay, I mean good that they have a working relationship.
Speaker 1: Okay. On our third final round stories, ladies start with you, Hazel.
Speaker 12: Okay.
Speaker 11: A guy from Tender picked me up for the date. He asked if we could stop by a birthday party first before we started the date.
Speaker 4: Like, hey, you mind dropping by for five minutes to see my friends just to say.
Speaker 11: Yeah, I said, okay. And we get to this ten year old nephew's house, right, it's his ten year old nephew.
Speaker 4: Okay.
Speaker 11: And as the family is singing blowing out candles, my date sneaks out to the present table and I catch him opening cards and like taking money out. He sees me watching him, and he holds up the cash and whispers, we got dreat money.
Speaker 4: The ten year old can't spend it at the bar, I mean some apple juices.
Speaker 1: So you dated a cheese thief, then a job thief, and then finally a money thief. Yes, all the thieves, Lisa, it's your last chance.
Speaker 13: All right.
Speaker 3: I actually went out with a guy as a plus one to a wedding. Oh wow, Yeah, it was fancy. Loved it well. Later at the reception, he asked if I could record him while he goes up to the bride. I'm thinking, maybe he's gonna do something sweet, beautiful, and I hold up the camera and no. He grabs a piece of cake and smashes it in her face. Who On top of that, he yelled, I'm not a wedding crash or I'm a wedding smusha.
Speaker 1: It is kind of funny.
Speaker 4: No, no, he.
Speaker 3: Was beaten up by a couple of guys and they escorted me out and asked me not to return, and then some face.
Speaker 1: We need to go to the scoreboard, flexus, who's your vote go to?
Speaker 7: So hard I'm gonna go Hazel because her charcootery board got taken.
Speaker 1: We got one for Hazel.
Speaker 4: Wedding smash Lisa, hands down, Jose, you're the final choice.
Speaker 1: I gotta go with Hazel.
Speaker 6: For feedback.
Speaker 1: Relations nasel Ham, you got one of the most tragic dating lives around.
Speaker 11: Awesome fu.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that was Battle of the Tinder days. We got your phone tap coming.
Speaker 9: Up next, Brook and Jeffrey in the morning.
Speaker 1: You ever feel like schools don't really teach you stuff you'll ever use in the real world. Yes, for sure, cursive writing, long division, what small coins are worth. I hadn't know what a nickel looks like. I'm only counting Benji's baby. Yeah, that's why today Brooke postes as an elementary school teacher trying to reassure a mom this year. They're not wasting any time on those useless subjects. They're cutting right to the important stuff in your phone tap Right now, it's another.
Speaker 9: Mornings on the twenties.
Speaker 4: Hello, Hi, is this Stacy?
Speaker 9: Hi? Does this she?
Speaker 4: This is missus Howell. I'm going to be eight and second grade teacher of the upcoming school year. Hi are you?
Speaker 9: Oh?
Speaker 4: I'm just great. It's so good to talk to you. You too.
Speaker 13: Aiden is so excited to get back to school and seet friends and get started again.
Speaker 4: That is so great. It's going to be a fun year.
Speaker 8: Good.
Speaker 4: Yeah. Anyway, I'm just calling all the parents because we're going to be doing things a little bit different, you know, at least for the first couple of weeks. Okay, I'm just going to stray from the normal curriculum.
Speaker 9: Oh you are why?
Speaker 8: What's going on?
Speaker 4: So over the summer, I've been doing a lot of research because of everything that happened.
Speaker 8: What do you what do you mean everything that happened? You know, I'm sorry, I'm not really sure what you're talking about.
Speaker 4: Well, we found out and out what aliens are real?
Speaker 1: That wonderful.
Speaker 8: I mean, I'm not really focused on that right now.
Speaker 4: I have been studying up learning everything about our intergalactic neighbors, and I just can't wait to share what I've learned with the children.
Speaker 8: What are you talking about?
Speaker 4: Yeah, we're gonna jump right in on the very first day. Make sure Aiden packs a roll of tinfoil.
Speaker 8: Tinfoil, We're gonna.
Speaker 4: Make tinfoil hats and try to contact them boo, something like that.
Speaker 8: I'm hoping this is just like a fun little project that you're doing.
Speaker 9: Yeah.
Speaker 4: I mean, let's say the government was listening right now, I'd say absolutely, yeah, sure, fun harmless kid project. But we don't trust the government, do we.
Speaker 8: Okay, not anymore. I don't even know what to say right now, exactly, lock and key.
Speaker 1: That's right.
Speaker 4: So before we get into all the math and reading and writing, we're going to focus on area fifty one.
Speaker 8: Oh my god, I.
Speaker 4: Mean, what's really going on out there? Did Eisenhower authorize the testing?
Speaker 8: I think he might have, I.
Speaker 4: Do after reading the Peterson files, right.
Speaker 13: I don't even know Peterson.
Speaker 1: Oh, I've got so many links.
Speaker 4: Oh, I can send him right to something. You are going to go down this rabbit hole, change your life. We can become rabbit hole buddies.
Speaker 13: No, I don't know, no rabbit hole buddies. I don't think this is appropriate for second graders. I mean, has it been approved over the principal or the I would I'm not okay with that.
Speaker 4: I would have checked. But you know missus she teaches kindergarten. Yeah, she thinks the principle is one.
Speaker 12: Of them, one of whom aliens.
Speaker 4: Oh my god, Okay, I don't mean to alarm you, but don't worry. I don't think he's harmful. If he wanted to hurt us, he would have done so already.
Speaker 13: Lady, lady, whatever you're on right now, you need to stop taking it. You're freaking me out, and you're gonna freak my kid out too.
Speaker 4: No, I don't know. You know who's on board with me is Ali? You know Ali? Your son has play dates with her boy? Otis what. She's a believer like us.
Speaker 13: Allie doesn't believe any of this stuff.
Speaker 8: A normal person.
Speaker 4: She thinks alien is real because she heard it on the radio show Brooke and Jeffrey. What the show that talks about aliens all the time, especially during their prank phone calls. Excuse me, it's a prank phone call. I'm not really your son's My name's Bragg. Your friend Ali set you up. She said, you heard that maybe the teachers are trying a different study method this year. I thought, why not skip math and reading and go straight to area fifty one.
Speaker 13: Oh my god, you freaked me out.
Speaker 4: Weren't you just a little bit curious about the links I've found.
Speaker 13: Though, No, because everybody is freaking crazy these days. All my favorite Instagram, No, everyone is nuts. I didn't think it would be the teacher though.
Speaker 4: That tinfoil hat is going to look so cute pinned up on your refrigerator.
Speaker 9: Wake up every morning was fu Tap weekday mornings on the Twenties Brooke and Jeffrey in the Morning.
Speaker 1: In the dating world, there's something to be said for persistence, Okay, not giving up on something or someone that you're really into. I mean eventually you'll wear them down to the point where they're like, fine, is that love?
Speaker 4: Is that what you?
Speaker 1: I mean, if a guy is trying so hard just for one date with you, it's flattering, a pity date. It's like most romantic comedies.
Speaker 4: In real life, like annoying and creepy, but sure, yeah.
Speaker 1: Just to see the romantic and One of our listeners was trying for months to lock down plans with an amazing woman that he met online. They never talked on the phone, but after weeks and weeks of staying in touch and shooting a shot, she finally gave him a chance and said yes, okay, and now after one dinner he might be out thousands of dollars. Okay, but how did that happen?
Speaker 6: Was it worth it?
Speaker 1: What? We're going to find out? All these answers and your bringing new second date update, next second date update, whether we want to admit it or not. Guys usually have a type when it comes to dating. Yes, maybe you're into brainy girls or sporty types, or ones with really large hands that can open the pickle jars that you can't.
Speaker 4: I want to meet that girl too.
Speaker 1: One of our listeners is back on with us today. He's actually been on the show before for a second date. Clearly he has a specific type that's kind of unusual. He's attracted to beautiful women. Oh, unattainably beautiful. Isn't that right, Zack?
Speaker 14: Unattainable for most?
Speaker 4: Not for me? Okay, yeah, and you're so humble.
Speaker 1: You say that. But last time you were on with us, Zach, you were trying to date a flight attendant for a private jet that your buddy's rented.
Speaker 4: This is not Zach, Can I remember that the.
Speaker 1: Girl didn't want to go out with you at the end of that, right, right?
Speaker 4: Is it like Jeffrey, Sorry, you're putting him in his place? I hear you.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Well, you know we're here for you though, because apparently he's found a brand new, unattainable woman that he wants to track down.
Speaker 4: Who'd you meet this time?
Speaker 14: This beautiful girl named Taylor. I met her on not like the average dating at one of the higher and ones, you know. Let me actually pull up her bio so I can kind of fill you guys in.
Speaker 1: You know.
Speaker 14: Yeah, it says she's looking for something real. Oh, doesn't always respond on the app, so feel free to DM me on IG okay, okay. And then she spends a lot of time in my hometown and in Vegas. I noticed she's a model. She models like she's wearing these fancy outfits riding horses, and those outfits are not made for riding horses. Let me tell you that.
Speaker 1: Okay, that sounds painful.
Speaker 4: It sounds like maybe a photo shoot.
Speaker 14: Yeah, I mean model? Right, Yeah, I feel.
Speaker 4: Like we're pretty far into this that we haven't quite gotten to her personality or like your connection.
Speaker 1: I mean, no one really cares about any of that broke?
Speaker 5: Yeah, she does. She cares very much about that.
Speaker 4: I mean she gets hit up non stop, probably by men looking for dates. Why did she go out with you out of everybody?
Speaker 1: Try not to take that as an insult.
Speaker 4: Okay, it sounds like she probably gets inundated.
Speaker 14: Well, to be honest, I really think it's my persistence. You know, like we've been chatting for a few months now.
Speaker 4: Oh wow, wow? Is she responding in those last in these last couple of months.
Speaker 14: Or she's responded like five to ten percent of the time.
Speaker 1: Oh okay, Well she sounds like a busy woman. It's all the horseback modeling and takes a lot of time.
Speaker 4: How did you get to know her when she's responding so little?
Speaker 14: So we've actually met up?
Speaker 4: Oh you did?
Speaker 9: Oh?
Speaker 14: Yeah? I noticed she was back home the app lets you see the location?
Speaker 4: Oh that seems dangerous, just like when when you're in town.
Speaker 1: Yeah, if you can.
Speaker 2: Tell updates, people will be like, this is a person's a mile away?
Speaker 1: Yeah, within five miles or something really bad?
Speaker 5: Where did you guys go?
Speaker 8: What did you do?
Speaker 14: So? I just sent her a text I was like made dinner reservations for two at this five star place. Would you like to go?
Speaker 1: Okay?
Speaker 14: And she was like yes, but I'm warning you I'm a little stressed out. And we sit down for dinner. Get this, she starts to cry.
Speaker 1: Oh, she's really sad.
Speaker 14: Yeah, And then I realized the reason she's been stressed out lately is because she doesn't have a car anymore.
Speaker 1: And do you know why don't you said anymore?
Speaker 9: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Is it like gone or is in the shop?
Speaker 14: She didn't want to go in the detail. She was like, that doesn't matter. I just don't have one anymore.
Speaker 1: So I'm like God.
Speaker 14: She was explaining, like the reason she's stressed out is not just because she lost the cars, because she can't get to her shoes and it's affecting her career.
Speaker 4: That sucks. I am a little concerned about the next thing that happens.
Speaker 1: What happens.
Speaker 5: You guys don't see what shot and need something?
Speaker 4: Yeah, you don't see what she's setting him up for.
Speaker 1: Sounds like a nice lady, so you guys know where this is going.
Speaker 14: Basically told me she would like for me to help her well, to buy her a car.
Speaker 4: They can get this done.
Speaker 1: She didn't specify a new car. She just said a car.
Speaker 4: That's reasonable.
Speaker 14: Like, I'm not a simp. I'm not going to buy her a car birthday. I just let her borrow my mom's car.
Speaker 4: How long did she have it for?
Speaker 14: She's had it for a little over a week.
Speaker 4: She's had it, so she s.
Speaker 14: So that's the thing. This isn't just to get a second date. I need your help to get my mom's car back.
Speaker 1: What did you tell your mother?
Speaker 14: My mom's on break right now, she's not back for another few days. She didn't know.
Speaker 2: What did you tell her? Did you tell her it was your separate car? Did you say, oh, you can borrow my mom's car.
Speaker 14: I just told her I can arrange for a car, so.
Speaker 1: She thinks it's yours.
Speaker 9: Bro.
Speaker 4: Did you give her a time limit? Did you give her a time limit?
Speaker 14: She said it was just going to be a couple of days, and now it's in a week.
Speaker 4: Oh wait, does is the location thing on the app still working? Because now I think we do need to find her.
Speaker 14: I know what you guys are thinking and how it seems. But like we text back and forth quite a bit since our dinner, Like it's not that she stole it or anything. We're still in touch. It's just kind of good awkward to be like, YO, give me my car back.
Speaker 1: Thanks for putting the responsibility on us to get this done for you and your mom.
Speaker 2: By the way, the reason why this is weird the girls don't agree is because he looks good right now, like he doesn't want to blow it and say this wasn't my car.
Speaker 14: Yeah, you guys don't have to let her know it's my mom's car, Like, don't blow my cover.
Speaker 4: Okay, yeah, all right, she doesn't look at the insurance.
Speaker 14: You guys don't have to worry about that. She already told me she's not much of a reader.
Speaker 1: All right, Well, we'll come back. We'll call beautiful Taylor for you, and we'll try and get you another date and hopefully get your mom's car back. Update right after this second date update today, we're trying to figure out where in the world his mom's borrowed car because he offered to let his date, Taylor, who's an Instagram model by the way, borrow it so that she could get to her photo shoots more easily.
Speaker 2: And I think she's more than an Instagram think she's like a real life model.
Speaker 1: They met over Instagram though, which is, you know, it's a very generous thing for him to do without his mom's permission. First, the problem is that was a week ago and Zach has not gotten the car back yet also wants another date with her too.
Speaker 4: I couldnt believe he was to go out again with her, So.
Speaker 1: The borderline fell in at this point.
Speaker 4: Situation he's the one that let her borrow. Is he's not doing anything wrong. He hasn't even asked for it back yet.
Speaker 1: The thing is that we've been so wrapped up with the car borrowing stuff we kind of got sidetracked from asking more about the actual date. In the time that they spent together, Like, Zacht, was there any like romantic? Was there a kiss at the end of the night or anything like that.
Speaker 14: I mean, obviously when I gave her the keys, she gave me a little kiss on the cheek, all the cheek, letting me use.
Speaker 4: You for your car kids. Yeah, yeah, that's it, Hey, you dummy, let me give you the kiss.
Speaker 1: Maybe maybe it was more romantic than that.
Speaker 14: All right, guys, come on, I don't like to kiss and tell. But like, it wasn't a quick one. She let it linger for a little bit.
Speaker 1: Cheek that I'm sorry. I think, really, what's happening here is the people in this room are jealous.
Speaker 4: So I wish I had my mom's car to drive around.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and I watch I had a beautiful woman borrowing my parents' car.
Speaker 1: Alexis wishes that she had a guy that would let her drive their cars after she crashes all hers.
Speaker 14: Let me just say this, jealousy is the purest form of flattery. So from the bottom of my heart, thank you all so much.
Speaker 4: You know what, I'm sure it's gonna work out great.
Speaker 1: Where we're going into this with a lot of positivity. Let's call Taylor, try and get your mom's car back, and then also get you a date with this smoking hot girl.
Speaker 14: Okay, this is exciting. I haven't spoken to her since the date, so it's kind of cool.
Speaker 15: Oh, Claire, Hey, is this Taylor?
Speaker 12: Missus Taylor?
Speaker 1: Hey, Taylor, Taylor, I hope you're not driving right now. You're on a radio show with a team called Brook and Jeffrey in the morning.
Speaker 12: I oh, I usually take the calls through my Oh no, we.
Speaker 1: Just want an interview please. You're the hottest model in the industry. Were not looking to book you for anything. But we did hear that you're a model from one of our listeners that you went on a date with recently.
Speaker 8: This isn't about hiring me for a job.
Speaker 4: No. Models are actually pretty useless in radio. Can't see much, you know, our listeners can't. Yeah, exactly, so your beautiful looks would be wasted here.
Speaker 1: What we're doing is something called a second date update. That's where we have listeners emailed the show if they're trying to get a hold of somebody they went out with. So you recently went out with a guy named Zach.
Speaker 12: I'm sorry, Wait, remind me who Zach is again.
Speaker 1: You went on a date with him about a week ago.
Speaker 4: He said that you were stressed out and you showed up and you were crying.
Speaker 12: Wait, give me more.
Speaker 1: Whoa you don't remember crying? You do that on all your dates?
Speaker 12: Heck, I mean, I just I look, I really don't have a whole lot of time. It has been very stressful for me lately. So I just We've heard that.
Speaker 1: Zach has a fleet of cars that he owns, and I think that you may be driving one of them.
Speaker 12: Yeah, no, I I believe that I do have a car of his.
Speaker 4: Okay, now we know who Zach is.
Speaker 11: Thoughts, Yeah, no, I still need this car.
Speaker 4: And then on the date, like what you thought of him, Like he's obviously a really like giving carrying dude to let you use one of his cars.
Speaker 8: No, he's he's great.
Speaker 12: Okay, this is anything else you needed?
Speaker 1: Yeah, this is way more challenging than I thought it was going to be. So maybe it would just be easier if we had Zach talk to you directly, because he's on the other line right now. I wanted to talk to you.
Speaker 14: Hi, Taylor, how's it going. How's the car?
Speaker 6: Oh?
Speaker 12: Hi, yeah, it's good.
Speaker 14: Good. If you ever get confus was about like any of the features? You know, I can always come over help out show.
Speaker 4: You like, I'm good.
Speaker 12: I'm just I'm sorry.
Speaker 8: I've been so busy, Like it's just like slammed over here for sure.
Speaker 12: I don't understand. Why didn't you just phone me right? Why are we dealing with a radio station? Like none of this makes any sense?
Speaker 14: Well, you know I've been texting you. They probably got lost in the cloud. I hadn't heard from you. These guys are actually my friends. They just happened to be really famous radio star so I was like, let me just get the homies and call you with them.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Zach knows a lot of famous people.
Speaker 4: Yea, yeah, homies, what's up?
Speaker 1: Uh?
Speaker 4: Yeah, No, Zach and I and us we all go way back.
Speaker 14: Way back.
Speaker 12: I mean, like I told them, this is just like been the worst week ever. And you know what, Actually, I'm glad you called because my last shoot, someone walked off with my bag and I loved that bag and all of my stuff in it. And I know this like really great place that does like an amazing discount on Louis.
Speaker 4: Oh no, what you need?
Speaker 1: Now she's asking you out of wait.
Speaker 12: Why are you involving yourself in this?
Speaker 14: Because you wouldn't come on. Guys. First, the car trouble that she had, and now her bag, that's like a lot for anyone to go through. Let's just try to be in her shoes, right.
Speaker 1: Yeah, actually she likes the red bottoms.
Speaker 12: Look, I don't know what you guys are talking about. Almost all of my stuff is in Vegas right now. I'm like kind of stranded here, like I don't have any of my supplies, my bag is stolen, I have car trouble, like and you.
Speaker 3: Guys can like no pity.
Speaker 4: Zach said that you're from here, you don't have any friends or family to help you out. I mean this is a guy that you literally didn't know who we were talking about two minutes ago.
Speaker 14: She's just bad with names. I bet, guys, that's all it is.
Speaker 4: Oh yeah, okay, you know what, I really don't have time for this.
Speaker 12: I am very stressed out. I've got a lot of my plate, so that are we doing the bag thing or not? Because my schedule is like super packed and I need to like figure out what's happening.
Speaker 14: Of course we're going to do the back. I apologize for these guys. They don't understand, you know, Like, guys, how expensive can luggage be? Like I inherited a lot of like bags from my dad, so maybe.
Speaker 4: You have what you could just borrow?
Speaker 1: Yeah, just like an old Samson I like from ten years ago.
Speaker 4: Leather side.
Speaker 12: I'm allergic to dust, so I really need new clean things in my life.
Speaker 1: Dusted the suitcase.
Speaker 4: It's weird.
Speaker 15: The car to me, I.
Speaker 4: Will say that it's not that bad of a trade if you get the car back and then buy here a bag.
Speaker 11: I mean, wait, I need this.
Speaker 12: I still need this car. I didn't say anything about giving a car back.
Speaker 9: What before?
Speaker 4: Right?
Speaker 1: He might need it back, though.
Speaker 14: Taylor, Like, for real, I was thinking, like by Wednesday, the car should be back.
Speaker 8: Don't you have another car?
Speaker 3: I mean you came in a different car.
Speaker 14: I mean I got a fleet of cars. I don't know if you've heard my homie safe, but you know it's I need them best. You know, we could actually do dinner again too.
Speaker 13: Look, you really might need this car.
Speaker 12: I think it's a week two of the most.
Speaker 1: That's pretty simple, Zach. You could swing that right.
Speaker 14: Shoot, you know, yeah, obviously, honey, of course I could make that work for you.
Speaker 12: Oh god, Okay, don't listen to these losers.
Speaker 11: You're just sad.
Speaker 1: She's probably allergic to gift cards. They were in our in our prize closet. It's pretty dusty and dusty gift cards.
Speaker 14: Yeah so gift cards. I haven't used those in years, but I didn't even know they still made those things ever.
Speaker 1: Since you got that black card, you don't want to worry about it.
Speaker 4: Didn't get a second dates.
Speaker 1: Yeah, no, so you got it. Sounds like you're gonna go out one more time, right, Taylor, we have that locked in I mean.
Speaker 12: The day may have to float depending on like my schedule and when I got four it keeps changing by the minute.
Speaker 1: But yeah, that's understandable totally, but uh, you to work it out. I feel like this has been a success. We set out to find out where the car was, get them another date, and now we've done that, plus added a new luxury bag into the mix. Oh yay, okay.
Speaker 4: And for the first time ever, we don't got to pay for dinner.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Look, Jeffrey in the morning. You know, beautiful women get a bad rap?
Speaker 4: Did they? This last five minutes didn't help.
Speaker 5: I'm gonna say that.
Speaker 1: Women have tough lives too. She's just lucky to find a compassionate, kind giving person like Zach to help rescue her from her squalor. Ye, you should all aspire to be more like him.
Speaker 4: Yeah, and it proves that men are very trustworthy and not gullible or easy to manipulate it all.
Speaker 1: And look to anybody texting in right now saying oh, you guys are horrible. How could you let her take advantage of him?
Speaker 6: You want to stop that?
Speaker 1: Yeah, Zach is a grown man who can make his own decisions, and he wants to do this. He is one hundred percent into her. It's not our position to tell him who to date who not to date. I feel like even if we.
Speaker 2: Read him the thousands of texts coming in saying run, he still wouldn't know.
Speaker 1: What are we to do? Do you love? And if you can't deal with him being happy, then maybe you need to look at yourself in the mind. Who can I convince to let me borrow their car?
Speaker 5: That's what it is.
Speaker 1: That's what it is.
Speaker 5: Sure the problem, We're the problem.
Speaker 1: But we can help fix you and all your problems if you email the showy.
Speaker 4: Or give Alexis your credit card number. Troubles, it's been really tough on me.
Speaker 1: Helping you in any way possible. Just email the show we'll call that person. Wasn't calling you back.
Speaker 9: Broken Jeffrey in the morning.
Speaker 1: It's broken Jeffrey in the morning. And I might remember a little while ago, the hashtag girl dinner went viral. Yeah, if you didn't know, that's basically like any minimal effort meal. It's just an assembly of snacks a girl would happily eat for her dinner.
Speaker 4: For me, it's all cheese and bread. Yeah, just so you know, MS and cracker God.
Speaker 1: Ever since then, people have been trying to come up with other copycat hashtags of girl whatever. Okay, like we talked about girl math. Yeah, that's where women will just buy expensive stuff and then creatively explain how it's cheap or basically free.
Speaker 4: Yeah, you totally got a discount on that.
Speaker 1: Also, Hot Girl Walks, which was just women walking.
Speaker 4: You can anything, get it.
Speaker 2: If a hot girl to anything, I'm even more interested. Yeah that sounds great to me.
Speaker 1: Girl rob which is just where women stay in bed all.
Speaker 5: Day and do nothing, usually on Sundays.
Speaker 1: I mean, we are peaking as a society right now.
Speaker 4: Clearly, I feel like you're jealous.
Speaker 9: I'm not.
Speaker 4: You can bedrot too, It's fine.
Speaker 1: Well I don't need to give it a title. I just don't announce it to the like it's a movement. The latest girl trend, though, is probably the strangest. It's girl hammer.
Speaker 4: Has heard about.
Speaker 1: No, It's where women show off items that they've used as a hammer instead of an actual hammer, because the stereotype would be ladies don't own real tools, that's a guy thing. So women have to get creative when it comes to their handiwork.
Speaker 4: I've always owned tools. So I've only used a hammer as a hammer.
Speaker 1: You don't fit into this trend, then broke. The first video to go viral was a woman using her hair brush to pound in nails.
Speaker 4: Does that work?
Speaker 1: Apparently it did. After that, other ladies started being on showing off their girl hammers. They've used high heels to do it. Yeah, I can see that on the heel. Forty out stainless steel water bottles.
Speaker 4: Okay, that actually.
Speaker 1: That's a girl sledgehammer there, kegs, I swear there's a can of beans, TV remote controls. Sometimes the items are more fragile or expensive, like we've seen people use snow globes their smartphones. One brilliant woman even used her own forehead as a hammer, which is a not a great idea.
Speaker 4: Can it change this from girl hammer to dumb hammer? This is really stupid.
Speaker 1: I can't believe we have to say this on the radio. Ladies, please don't use your heads as hammers.
Speaker 4: Give some tools, be respectful. It's just a disgrace.
Speaker 1: What other ways are women forwarding the cause for their own type? Maybe we'll learn something.
Speaker 4: I don't think that one helps Jeff, that one, you know, it's one of those two steps towards, one step.
Speaker 1: Back Right there, that was like twenty steps back, more steps back coming up in Lasersho girl, sorry girl stories, we'll do them next. It's the radio segment that's offering a new false special. If you meet him behind your local clinic, he'll give you fifty percent off of pumpkin spice colonoscopy. You get it in both eggs now it'll be smelling like on them for weeks. With Laser stories, fall Heart, the segment where we read weird news stories around the globe, just like everyone else does, except we've got a laser and those other blokey pokey's just don't. This first laser story is out of Crowley, Louisiana. Twenty six year old Chloe Barnswell was craving her favorite guilty fast food pleasure, which is none other than Taco Bell So good. Even though it was pretty windy out, she took her SuPAR roo a few miles away and got in line at the drive through. As she was sitting there, she noticed that the wind was getting stronger, and soon enough, Chloe found herself in a full blown storm.
Speaker 4: It's a tornado of tacos.
Speaker 1: That's when the unthinkable happened. As she was sitting in her car. The very large glowing Taco Bell sign on top of the building blew right off and landed right on top of Chloe's roof.
Speaker 4: Yea, is she okay?
Speaker 13: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Other bystanders tried to help, but Chloe was trapped inside.
Speaker 5: Oh my god.
Speaker 1: So EMTs were on site pretty fast, and after some quick work by the fire department using the jaws of life, Chloe was freed from her Taco Bell prison and was sent to a nearby hospital, where doctors determined, miraculously she wasn't injured.
Speaker 4: Do you treat that as like a literal sign that maybe you need to cut back.
Speaker 1: That's when the local newspaper reporting on the events had this headline, Taco Bell almost kills lady with cravings.
Speaker 4: Ah yeah, I mean literally yeah.
Speaker 1: X Lazer stories out of Salt Lake City, Utah. Wouldn't it be great if you could park traffic like the Red Sea and get to work in like half the time?
Speaker 4: Dude, I'm always so jealous of the motorcycles that can cut lanes like split lanes like that, and like kind I'm too scared to ride on one of those, But it looks great.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that was happening to a thirty nine year old woman named Susan Bengo. She was driving around in her black Dodge Charger that she recently purchased at auction, and everywhere she went, people in front of her kept pulling over and just letting her pass.
Speaker 4: Whah, People like, sometimes I think a car is a cop behind me, you know, when it's not the time, you know, especially like any sort of white suv like that.
Speaker 1: That was kind of the idea at first glance. Maybe it kind of looked like she was driving a police car. Yeah, but it didn't have any markings on it or any lights on her roof. So she was baffled till later that night she was watching the local news and right there on the screen was her exact car.
Speaker 4: What but her car?
Speaker 1: The video showed her making a less turn at a street light, and if you look close enough, you could actually see her in the window driving.
Speaker 4: What Someone took a video for her, and she's.
Speaker 1: On the news, and then the bad news. The Salt Lake City Police said, this woman is using her car to impersonate a police cruiser.
Speaker 4: But there's no minkeings. You said, I know that they'd drive chargers sometimes, but.
Speaker 1: Right, so it absolutely was not true. But she still went outside where her car was parked to do a full inspection, and that's when she found out whoever owned it before her had her fog lights modified from clear to red and blue.
Speaker 4: I think they're pretty big on a charger.
Speaker 1: When you make matters worse, they'd start flashing when you drove, so it absolutely looked like an unmarked cop car. Ins What do you do?
Speaker 5: Do you call and turned yourself interview?
Speaker 4: You go and drive the car into a lake and act like it wasn't you ever?
Speaker 1: Well, Susan could have faced charges for impersonating an officer, but she immediately turned herself in. Oh, and cops determined it really was just an innocent mistake.
Speaker 4: So no way, dude, I would have just changed the lights back to clear and act like I don't know what you're talking about.
Speaker 1: She already did get her lights removed.
Speaker 4: O go.
Speaker 1: This next Lazer story is out of Slothville. Did you spend last weekend just lying on the couch watching football?
Speaker 4: Yes?
Speaker 1: Yes, and yes. If so, you might be the perfect candidate for this next competition. It's happening in the village of Bresna, which is in southeastern Europe, and the town holds a bizarre annual contest where competitors hope to earn the coveted title of laziest Citizen. I can win it. You guys are my friends. I know you have faith.
Speaker 4: There's a town that takes pride in this.
Speaker 5: Jose move Media found your people.
Speaker 1: They've been doing this for the last twelve years. It started as a way to mock a myth that the village is just full of lazy people.
Speaker 4: Oh that's funny, So you're going to mock it by actually being lazy.
Speaker 1: Lean In this year, there's seven remaining contestants who've been lying down on mats for more than twenty straight days. Yeah, and counting twenty days, they've already smashed last year's record that was set of one hundred and seventeen straight hours.
Speaker 4: My man, you call the police department in that town, they're like, sorry, our one officer is actually he's not a mat right now, can't help you.
Speaker 1: The thing is, you can play on your phone or your laptop. You can eat, drink and read while you're doing this. Basically, you get everything you need to do to do absolutely nothing.
Speaker 4: Can you stand up ever in stretch or do any exercise?
Speaker 1: No, you have to be lying down, but you can do anything during that time. I feel like I do.
Speaker 2: This before a lazy weekend. I go to the store, I make sure I have food, I get toilet paper.
Speaker 5: Our bedpants sells through the room.
Speaker 1: In the thing is they get ten minute bathroom breaks, but those only happen every eight hours.
Speaker 9: So you got up hold it.
Speaker 1: There's no way I could do that. Last we heard they made it through twenty three days so far with no end in sight. Oh my god, and the winner gets about one thousand dollars plus bragging rights as the laziest citizen.
Speaker 4: Is Probably they're going I don't know if it's cute anymore.
Speaker 5: I think you've gone too far.
Speaker 4: Guys with the mocking jokes.
Speaker 1: You're famous. They walk around like, oh my god, that's the laziest citizen. Yeah, this next Lazer story is out of love town.
Speaker 2: I've been here in a while.
Speaker 1: Most of us have gone through this before. After a breakup. Is it better to start dating again right away or should you take some time to be alone?
Speaker 4: I mean, isn't dating and being alone kind of the same thing?
Speaker 9: You know?
Speaker 1: It might depend on how long you were together with that person, where you are in your life currently, but in general. A recent publication pulled thirty thousand people, and most said do not start dating right away, like, if you're serious, up is fine?
Speaker 5: Right, Like exactly, yeah, that's different.
Speaker 1: I mean invited over the polo team for the party.
Speaker 4: Sure you're not going to be serious? Yeah, exactly, thank you Jeffrey for understands.
Speaker 1: Seventy two percent said you should wait a while, while only nine percent say start dating immediately, and then eighteen percent said of course they aren't sure what.
Speaker 4: They all those eight percent to sign up for the next poll.
Speaker 1: Just ang, yeah right. Men are twice as likely as women to say just get back out there. Also, ten percent of us think new relationships that start right away tend to be more successful than the one you just got out of.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I mean, hopefully you're taking a step.
Speaker 1: Up, but they can also help you forget about the person that you were just with and move on. Quicker read that.
Speaker 4: Absolutely, but again, that's hooking up right.
Speaker 1: Speaking of moving on, I gotta say I'm a little tired this morning because I had to deal with this guy on the phone last night. Turns out that Jimmy Chu broke his heart and stole his debit card. He's not sure if he'll ever get over it personally or financially. Wow boy, So if you know a rebok he can rebound with, hook him up. That Soundings, lays and Stories has come to an end for the day. We'll do it again, same time on Friday.
Speaker 9: Brooke and Jeffrey in the Morning.
Speaker 1: Got another new player to the show. Her name is Lucy, and she works finances at a hospital and she likes everybody on our show, she says, but especially Brooke.
Speaker 4: Thank you.
Speaker 1: Why because she says, Brooke is a mom and so is she, And she also likes to drink some wine on her off Well, yeah, girl, hello mom drinkers. Why don't you guys talk?
Speaker 4: You made it a really awkward, jeff I feel like I'm on a first date with Lucy all of a sudden, or like we're doing speed dating together. Lucy. Yeah, it's obviously clearly hidden inside my coffee cup. Lucy, how many kids you got?
Speaker 3: Just one?
Speaker 4: Just one? And is it a good one?
Speaker 8: She's a great one.
Speaker 4: Oh, I love that when you luck out. Yeah, I got two great ones.
Speaker 8: Man, awesome double trouble.
Speaker 4: Yeah there you go.
Speaker 1: Okay, Yeah, I know, like my talk was weird. You're a sending Brook out of the studio. And while that happens, Lucy, you know how the game works. You got thirty seconds to answer as many questions as possible. If you don't know when, you can say past. But you have to beat her out right to win? Are you ready?
Speaker 9: Yeah?
Speaker 1: All right, one last chance to chug your wine and then here we go. Your time starts now. Today is National Peanut Day? True or false? Mister peanut wears a tie?
Speaker 14: True?
Speaker 1: A hurdy gurdy is a what instrument, appliance or clothing.
Speaker 8: Instrument?
Speaker 1: In Which US state would you find the Everglades.
Speaker 9: Past?
Speaker 1: What fruit gets its name from the astechn word for testicle?
Speaker 12: Oh?
Speaker 1: New England? Clam chowder is white? What type of chowder is redd Island? All right, going Rhode Island? There, good work, Lucy Brooke is gonna come back into the studio and uh, the fun fact on here on my screen says that you have a nine year old daughter. So is there any other fun facts that we should know about you?
Speaker 4: I play sports? Oh? What do you play? Baseball?
Speaker 11: Baseball?
Speaker 1: Recreationally. Are you pro Oh?
Speaker 4: I wish she's like ever heard of me?
Speaker 1: My name is Aaron Judge. Yeah, hell lady.
Speaker 4: What position do you like to play? I was never very good with depth perception, as you can tell from the glass.
Speaker 6: Yeah.
Speaker 1: What did you play?
Speaker 4: Second base?
Speaker 9: Oh?
Speaker 1: A second base where like the bad players play.
Speaker 5: No, dude, double play.
Speaker 4: You need a good side arm to get that out at first. Come on, Jeffrey, I love second base.
Speaker 1: Brook. You're up, You're ready? Yeah, time starts now. Today is National Peanut Day. True or false? Mister peanut wears a tie?
Speaker 4: False?
Speaker 1: A hurdy gurdy is a what an instrument, appliance or clothing?
Speaker 9: Uh?
Speaker 4: Hurdy gurdy appliance?
Speaker 1: In Which US state would you find? The Everglades, Florida. What fruit gets its name from the Aztecan word for testicle?
Speaker 4: Come quiet?
Speaker 1: Of course? New England clam chowder is white? What type of chowder is red?
Speaker 4: Is that the Boston? Is that the red or the white?
Speaker 6: New England?
Speaker 1: Boston?
Speaker 9: Why?
Speaker 4: Think of the moment in ace Ventura when he's at the door and there's the secret passwords.
Speaker 1: The wine is definitely strong. This morning the scoreboard to see how you did with Jose when this.
Speaker 8: Baby hits heady eight miles pro here, you gotta see something serious.
Speaker 4: I don't think so.
Speaker 1: Lucy, you got one correct today.
Speaker 4: Okay, you got.
Speaker 1: Loose one. You each got the number of kids that she had. You got to pop out some more kids. Okay, Lucy, play it again. Let's go over. The answer is it's National Peanut Day. Mister peanut wears a tie? No he does not, that's false. He has a monocle, a cane and a top half tie would be ridiculous.
Speaker 4: Jeffrey overkill.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's a peanut. A hurdy gurdy is a type of instrument. It's a hand cranked stream instrument. The US state where you'd find the Everglades is Florida, specifically Southern Florida. The fruit that gets us name from the as tech In word for testicle is not come quant brook. It's avocado. New England clam chowder is white. The type of chowder that's red is Manhattan clam chowder.
Speaker 4: Okay, that's also New England. Why did you guys make fun of me for Boston? Manhattan is in New England?
Speaker 1: Well, I think like Boston and New New England typically.
Speaker 4: Sorry, they are like forty miles away from each other.
Speaker 1: Okay, well we almost got through a full game without Brooke, Braid or someone, so maybe next time. Lucy. We can't give you any money today, but just for playing, you do win a fifty dollars for a gift card.
Speaker 13: Thank you.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's for a Bellevue Square you could chop for beauty in a space where all are welcome and what makes you unique is celebrated. Can't wait to see you at Sephora Bellevue Square.
Speaker 8: Good on.
Speaker 4: Thank you. You're gonna have to call back and try again sometime, Lucy, Okay.
Speaker 1: I will, all right. Thanks for playing.
Speaker 6: We'll be back to do it.
Speaker 1: Brooks Bok same time tomorrow, brook and Jeffrey in the morning.