Speaker 1: What's up? How are you good?
Speaker 2: I was remembering, and I do always do my best thinking when I'm shaving my legs in Capri and walking right past you and my husband noticing you before me and going, are you.
Speaker 1: Going to say anything?
Speaker 2: I'm like, no, she's on vacation, Like I'm not going to fucking bug her. But he got so excited because he knew who you were.
Speaker 3: That's so funny. Wall, Wait, didn't you say something?
Speaker 2: I think I DMed you and I was like I because I was like for me, I followed you and like you were doing something, you posted something. I go, I just walked by you.
Speaker 3: Oh, that's so funny, Like I vaguely remember, I was like, wait, did I see them?
Speaker 1: Though?
Speaker 3: Well, it's nice to kind of meet you. I feel like I know you because you know, we have both we share a publicist. I didn't know until recently, but I still feel like felt like I know you before. But now I've read a bit about you, and I yeah, I feel like I've been through a fair amount of my life personally, and I was really moved by like your story. No, you've been through a lot of traumatic stuff, like you really have, and so there's a lot to discuss, and you know, I don't think you've had so many different lives. So you got into sports. You intentionally went into sports. That's what you wanted to do. So why did you Why were you so passionate about diving into sports as a woman, and where did that come from in your childhood, et cetera.
Speaker 1: I think it's just daddy stuff, right.
Speaker 2: My mom was a school teacher, she's retired now elementary school teacher. During the day, so my dad had me before he went into the six o'clock and eleven o'clock newscast, and they kind of traded us off, you know. My dad took care of us during the day, and then when my mom came home, he went and that was kind of his time. Like he told us all about teams. He told me all about you know, the storylines. He's an investigative reporter who he's really good with storytelling, and he would make these guys and these coaches and these organizations sound like my friends and kind of like I thought of you, you know, on the New York Housewives, I was like, she's my best friend.
Speaker 1: I just saw, you know.
Speaker 2: So when I started to meet them and kind of like how I you know, would talk to you over Instagram even though you know I'm not saying this in a bad way.
Speaker 1: I'd be like, oh my.
Speaker 2: God, I love you, or a great outfit, or you'd think that they were your good friends.
Speaker 1: So I would start to meet these people in real life.
Speaker 2: And tell them my stories about growing up and learning about them, and they'd be like, okay, Like no, but this was my life with you, so yeah, that's because of my dad. He was such a great storyteller. And yeah, it was my favorite thing to learn about.
Speaker 3: And how many other women were your peers in that space? Were there other women coming up?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 2: And NFL there were a ton in an NBA, there were a ton. But let's I mean, now, there's a lot more than there are at that time, right, or than there.
Speaker 1: Were, I guess.
Speaker 3: And are you friends with a lot of the other women in the space.
Speaker 2: It's it's pretty I mean I am friends my best friend who I do a podcast with, CHRISA.
Speaker 1: Thompson. You know, we're very tight.
Speaker 2: I am friends with other women the ones that I grew up admiring, you know, I am friends with But it's it's a competitive, competitive industry. It really is for the females, which is sad. At Fox, we have a really great group. The girls are awesome and we all get together once a year and we you know, kind of all tell stories and talk about things and everything like that.
Speaker 1: But yeah, I mean it's cutthroat. It is Wow.
Speaker 3: Well so is uh brought news for women? Like that's one of that.
Speaker 1: It is.
Speaker 3: Yeah, my god, especially like of the hybrid entertainment morning talk show news, Like I know all of the women and it's shocking the stories Like remember when they had that that movie or that documented about late night wars, Like there's a female morning war that no one really talks about.
Speaker 1: It's fascinating.
Speaker 2: Now I'm not going to interview you, but I am going to ask you, do you know if it's Inner Network, are we fighting in network too?
Speaker 3: Because yeah, it's Inner NX, it's Inner, it's external yeah quote yes, yes, both. It's It's complete hunger games all across every aspect of it. It's just like every woman for themselves.
Speaker 2: Let's hope she falls during the weekend so I can do the hurricane.
Speaker 3: I mean, yeah, exactly, like kind of or why there's a lot of housewives stuff. Why is this person getting this and I'm not getting this, et cetera. So it's very interesting. Yeah, it makes it makes perfect sense, to be honest, it is. It's tough and there aren't that many seats, so you got, you know, you have to kill somebody to go see And that's the way it is. It's not show friends, it's show business.
Speaker 1: So there it is.
Speaker 2: When I had my cervix cut out and I was wearing I've been very open about this, and there's nothing like an eighteen hour protection pad with wings on the sidelines as you're covered in bade Dallas and you know you're wearing these form fitted jeans but a long coat to hide it all.
Speaker 1: There was no way in hell.
Speaker 2: And my doctor didn't know a thing about football, and he was like, so you're going to stay off your feet for a week and a half And I was like, no, I'm actually on a plane tomorrow. Am I going to die of you know whatever, like a blood clot or something. Yeah, I wouldn't be on your feet. And I was like, no, no, I have to go, and so I did and.
Speaker 3: One of those bitches will take my spot, like.
Speaker 1: Well, I mean, you just you can't. You can't.
Speaker 3: Tom Brady, Tom Brady, And who's the guy who was it? Drew bloodsoe, who's the guy?
Speaker 1: You're blood? So good? Yeah, you're Patriots fan.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that is Zach crazy. So I can't believe I knew that. It's only because Paul, my fiance, his father's best friends with Robbercraft for thirty years. And so I don't know why I know that story.
Speaker 2: By the way, I mean, I'm sure your fiance does. But mister Kraft, have you ever what are you wearing?
Speaker 3: I got what did he say?
Speaker 1: What was he wearing? God? What was he wearing?
Speaker 2: No?
Speaker 1: I was going to make a joke your car. No, I'm kidding. Uh what was he wearing? I'm going to look at think about it. That's hilarious. Magi what how do you say? It is a bagari? How do you say it? Bulgary? Bulgary?
Speaker 3: But yeah, it could be either yeah Tomato, Yeah, Capri, Capri. You know where where we saw where? You saw me exactly?
Speaker 1: All right? So you have this career.
Speaker 3: In sports that's consistent, it's successful.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 3: To me. The first time I knew of you was your scam, was your people scandal? Because I was seeing it every day in the news. And then you got this big settlement and and can we can we just discuss that like the taboo of that's your it's not actually that it's not. You talked about Pamela Anderson and how the sex tape with her and Tommy Lee got out and how you kind of watched her, oh her film and and you were bawling, and you you identify with that. So I can't say it's your Kim Kardashian moment because it's kind of well known that that was a produced, put out there film and yours was a people and it wasn't. But what do you think about that?
Speaker 2: Well, first of all, I you know, I think if that had happened now, it would have been received much differently.
Speaker 1: That was before me.
Speaker 2: Too, That was before you know, shaming, That was before any of the bullying.
Speaker 1: That was before all of that. And the day that that broke and was.
Speaker 2: Purchased or put by a website that hul Cogan coincidentally ended up suing and getting a lot of money for what happened.
Speaker 3: Oh I remember with that Larry that yeah Layer it was well so.
Speaker 1: Yees walker site. So they're the same ones that did it to me.
Speaker 2: So what happened was he tried selling it, first of all to TMZ, which is really an unbelievable story. Harvey Levin saw it right away and was like, we don't. We don't get into the business of this.
Speaker 1: Thank you. Harvey Levin. More on that after the break.
Speaker 2: So then what he did was he put it up on a site that was in Europe. We had no jurisdiction on it. We couldn't get it down, which is fucked. So then from there.
Speaker 3: Because there is no Europe, the Internet is the Internet's right, You're right.
Speaker 1: I shouldn't even say Europe. It's just you know what I mean. And this was before Bethany, was.
Speaker 2: Before because my the guys on my I love them. My FBI team went on to work with this as well. When all the photos of the actresses started leaking out, I forgot who that was or what who did that?
Speaker 3: People knew like in their vacations and so they were phones.
Speaker 2: Were being hacked and all that. Yes, well all of this, so I was kind of the first one. So then this website that was kind of tracking my career and every little thing I do. A She's eating a Cuban sandwich for a Miami game. It looks phallic. Let's put it.
Speaker 1: Up, you know, shit like that.
Speaker 2: They're the ones that decided one day, let's put it up, and they shouldn't have It's a felony you do that, and I yeah. So anyways, they put it up, my life blows up. I start getting calls. I have a meltdown. I never in a million years thought I had a stalker.
Speaker 3: All the things, well, let's go through it. Let's go So, first of all, you don't even know what this is. This has never happened before. You haven't really heard of this. I mean, there can be no invalidation of like, oh my god, you're just violated and exposed and like embarrassed, and I mean I can't what was that part.
Speaker 1: Like, oh it was awful.
Speaker 2: I mean I'm not someone that whatever, And there's nothing wrong with people that do do that and want to be photographed.
Speaker 1: But that is the complete opposite of me. I am very like, I'm good, I you know, have stretch marks. I'm fine.
Speaker 2: I don't need it out there. So that was a complete opposite. I found my point because this was before me too, bullying, shaming, all the things. This was put on the front pages of everything my naked body, I mean, and it said scandal and it was anything but a scandal.
Speaker 1: A violation, violation, It was.
Speaker 2: A crime, but it was looked at as I did this to further my career.
Speaker 3: Wow.
Speaker 2: And it was fucked up and it was maging, and it has caused a lot of PTSD, a lot of which I should still go to therapy for and I promise I will, But I just for so long, I already had a chip on my shoulder, right, I was a female in the industry.
Speaker 1: I was trying to.
Speaker 2: Yes, so long I didn't play, but listen, I wanted to dress nice, have hair extensions, not wear oversized shit like workout.
Speaker 3: You trying to ride the line, not being too hot enough, Like, yeah, you were trying to be You are attractive, so it's okay to be attractive in sports.
Speaker 2: But I wanted to change things a little bit in my own way. You can care about the way you look, do your nails, do your hair, dye your hair, and still know the x'es and o's with the guys. It's okay, right, you don't have to be ashamed of that.
Speaker 1: Now.
Speaker 2: I was dealing with a whole new layer in terms of here's my body. People think I did this to get an edge, to get it, and it was the exact opposite. And the worst part of it was is that we still had to stay quiet. Well, first of all, we had to convince authorities that this wasn't a scandal, that this really happened to me.
Speaker 1: I had to I was brought down in California.
Speaker 2: I was living in Atlanta at the time I was brought down to California. And also because this happened in so many places, and also because the internet, because the laws weren't keeping up with how fast the Internet was growing.
Speaker 1: There no law. I get it.
Speaker 3: What do you mean that's what's going on in reality TV right now?
Speaker 1: I fully get it.
Speaker 3: You couldn't believe that it was mayhem and then it happened to you. But what I'm struck by is that the very thing you were fighting in sports, that industry was all washed away in a day. Like you just did all this work to be this credible person that has the knowledge to then be like objectified without your choice. And it's also striking me that even when I say it made you more well known, et cetera, but it only made you more well known because you fought it, like, you took it to the next level. You could have just been, you know, an anecdote of it happened to you and you just let it go, but you kind of really fought it. So you getting the settlement and you fighting for your rights is kind of probably way more why it made you so much bigger.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I think it actually.
Speaker 2: I mean I had been kind of a male I had a male audience, right, I had a male follow and then you know, I get brought up and I get put on this jury or you know, on this stand in court and.
Speaker 1: People hadn't seen me cry.
Speaker 2: I'm breaking out in a massive heat rash because I've massive anxiety. My parents are falling apart in court. They are showing the jury the video and I am beyond mortified. I mean, my that is like covering up windows and making sure like because my dad worked in the industry, making sure television cameras were unplugged because the case was being put on live and on television. My dad didn't want it back out as I went through. And I don't know what you how you are. I was talking to Brookshields about this. When things are traumatic in my life, I go through a really glazed over period where I'm there, but I'm not there, and I'm so lucky I've had amazing lawyers my parents to kind of deal because I kind of go out of body and I'm like, I'm here, but I'm not here. I didn't really pay attention to all the fact finding in the court. In my case. I knew that the hotel led him in. I knew that they fucking lied about letting him in all the things, and you know, my my lawyer, you know, came out and proved it and was amazing about it. But when you sit there and you listen to the closing remarks, I sat next to one of my my lawyers and the obviously the other one was doing it, and he was a little like he was just awesome. He was just going and going and going and well of all the evidence that they had and what this did to me and how unsafe this hotel was, and I just I started to feel like I was going to pass out. And I look, I said to my lawyer, I'm going to pass out. I'm going to pass out. I'm going to pass out, and he's like.
Speaker 1: Too much. There was too much information, it was too much.
Speaker 2: And I'd been glazed over and he's like, you can't pass out. You can't pass out. So I just started to think, I go. I started going through numbers of Jersey, numbers of players. I was like three Russell Wilson, four, Brett far Fun, like I just had.
Speaker 1: It was my only way. But it was, Yeah, it was amazing.
Speaker 2: And that was the moment I think when women started seeing like all the shit I had been through, and even her side was saying.
Speaker 1: Her career got better, she got better because has of it. She made more money, she got more exposure.
Speaker 2: It's like, dude, come on, I will leave with this PTSD for Are you insane?
Speaker 1: Yes?
Speaker 3: Yes, but part of me is like, good, you're more successful. You fought because I've fought for things that are really hard to fight for. And I get that, like you know, you know, good for you, like I mean, and not good for you that it happened to you.
Speaker 1: It's horrific, but you got.
Speaker 3: I watched, and I obviously didn't know the day that it happened to you.
Speaker 1: I wasn't.
Speaker 3: It wasn't on my radar, but I watched as a woman, and you're right. The reason you're on my radar is because I was like, wow, and I only thought of it as a violation. I didn't think about any of that other stuff. But I just know it was the first time I knew of you. So there's something that needs to be, you know, discussed when you discussed that kind of thing, because it's reality, and it doesn't.
Speaker 1: Make it any better.
Speaker 3: I've been known for a disgusting divorce doesn't mean that that's positive, even if you win the argument.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I felt so bad for you by the way I loved you. You know, it BAEd you through the whole thing.
Speaker 3: Well, let me ask you a question from inception, from the moment that that happened to you to it being completed, how long was that.
Speaker 1: Period from oh, the court case, No, from.
Speaker 3: The here's the day this happened to me, my life is over to the court case is finalized, Like I'm free and I fought for something and I won.
Speaker 2: It was probably two thousand nine that happened to me. We didn't go to court till sixteen.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it was.
Speaker 3: That's what people don't realize, So like, that's what people don't realize. So so not until sixteen did you feel free. So seven years of your life was torment and then sixteen because I get I really that's what people don't get. They think, oh, this happened to her. She's famous.
Speaker 2: Here we go.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, yeah exactly. So that's what seven years of your life.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's poor. Yeah.
Speaker 3: And then so you were not married at that time. You got married after No.
Speaker 2: We were dating, and that was always something when I was getting ready to date a guy. Oh yeah, there's this video of me on the internet. This is what happened.
Speaker 1: Oh, Jail, just a heads up if you see this guy. So yeah, so we were we were dating, we were.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and then I swear to God, like five months later, I got diagnosed with cervical cancer. My dad got diagnosed with prostate right after too.
Speaker 1: After the trial.
Speaker 2: My dad after trial, I got cervical My dad right after my incident. A couple months after my incident came out of the you know, stocker video came out.
Speaker 1: My dad was diagnosed with prostate cancer. And people don't think like this from stress on your body.
Speaker 3: I was just going to say, wild, wild, Yeah, you have a you think and there are there studies or you just no one can.
Speaker 1: Oh my god, I think there's so many stuff.
Speaker 2: I mean, let me put my stress related brings it out right, brings it out of you.
Speaker 1: Yeah, wow yeah.
Speaker 2: And it was kind of like didn't twenty seventeen, I was diagnosed three weeks into the football season.
Speaker 1: It was like a new year. I was so excited. We had this Super Bowl core case behind me, like here we go. Yeah, and it was just like holy crap, seriously, yeah.
Speaker 3: And so what is cervical cancer? What is the process, what is the road to recovery? What what is that journey?
Speaker 2: So with cervical cancer and not to get you know, on my high horse, you shouldn't be dying of it because women should go and get checked. And that was one thing that was so crazy about being so vocal about it. So many women don't go to the doctor for a yearly exam for their annual, right, That's why it's called an annual.
Speaker 1: And I've always been really good about it.
Speaker 2: My mom, right before school was already like, let's go to the dentist, so you're going to get your physical. You know. Now it's like Guyino hair extension, you know, like all that crap you take for you the season starts. So I was always really good about getting my annual. And that's why when I got it and I got a call on a Saturday of all places, as I'm getting ready to do Giants Eagles, my guy knows, like, we have a really this is a really bad test, like you have these cancer cells all over.
Speaker 1: We have to do a hysterecto. Meet now. And I was like, I'm sorry, what.
Speaker 2: And that's where I was really wrong with all of it, is that I jumped into things, and I jumped into a really aggressive surgery. I should have gotten a second opinion. That's my one thing I'll say about healthcare. If people are dealing with stuff, if you can get a second opinion, please do it. But with cervical cancer, you should just you you shouldn't die of it. People and people are, which is wild. You need to go to the doctor every single year and get checked out. And then when because you're.
Speaker 3: Saying go to your regular doctor and you're vuya, yeah, you're saying yep.
Speaker 2: And all it was was, you know, an exam and she saw cancer cells. But she was so worried because there was a good amount of it that she felt like in order to save you know, well, she wasn't even talking about that she was saying, let's get a hysterect to meet which I which I shouldn't.
Speaker 1: Have even thought of.
Speaker 2: So I went and I had a very aggressive surgery. I should have gone to an oncologist. She took out way too much. But unfortunately in other areas the cancer went past the market margin. So I had to get two surgeries all during the football season.
Speaker 3: That sounds traumatic. It was all that sounds that sounds traumatic coming off of what you came off of, and and you still weren't married at that time.
Speaker 1: We weren't married.
Speaker 2: I had been freezing my eggs just because I didn't know when we were thinking about getting married or having kids. And I knew that if we couldn't clear up you know what I had through basically removing my cervix, that the next step was going to be a hysterectomy.
Speaker 1: So it was a lot to swallow for a guy who.
Speaker 2: We weren't even a games going to pologist with his girlfriend and they're like, you may want to start talking about having kids.
Speaker 1: I'm like, we don't even have, Like we're not even getting married. It was a lot.
Speaker 3: How long had you been together at that point?
Speaker 1: We had been together probably six years. So we knew we were going to get married. We just were you know, coasta, but you were younger.
Speaker 3: He was so and he was an amazing support. It sounds like he really just was.
Speaker 1: Through all of it.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's kind of the stuff you know that gets unsexy as you get older, that you really want a partner. You know, like, it's not it's not that hot.
Speaker 1: It's not the person that's.
Speaker 3: The most fun and gives the best toasts and is a great dancer and is like, you know, is really fun. It's kind of like you ride or die because we're all getting older, and that's that's not that your husband isn't sexy and amazing and fun. Because it sounds like you're getting to the story where you guys are out getting wasted before you found out you were gonna have a baby. But I just think that's that's really interesting. And so then so then you get married and you want to have children and not being able to have children the natural way was never a conversation. It was something that was in your family. It was not discussed.
Speaker 2: No, we tried, but because I basically had most of my cervix removed, there was nothing to hold the baby in. I mean, we went to high risk doctors and so forth, and those are fun, those are really really fun appointments to have. But they basically told me, because you don't have much to carry this baby, because a lot had been removed due to my surgery, that if say I'm in Green Bay and I go into early labor, They're like, you're staying in Green Bay for nine months?
Speaker 1: What I can't where? You know? Where am I staying?
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean they even talk to you're well aware of things like this stitching the baby in and all that, and just for my lifestyle and just for trying to have a healthy baby after everything I had gone through. We were like, this isn't going to work. I mean, and we had tried. We had tried to get pregnant, we had tried all that. Yeah, you know, if I get pregnant, I'll make it work. It doesn't matter if I go into early labor all you.
Speaker 1: Know, crush it. But I just couldn't get pregnant.
Speaker 3: It's too skin Well. But also you're saying that the surgery that you had as a result of your cervical cancer, it could have been avoided. And then so when you were having problems having kids. You were thinking back to that surgery and how everything's a domino effect. So had that gone differently? Yeah, so you go from a pepolest scandal into cancer, into a surgery that you feel was unnecessary that led to infertility. Yeah, I'm so sorry like that.
Speaker 1: I read this and good things.
Speaker 3: I swear, No, we're getting there. We're getting sorry everybody for this movie. But I didn't write it, but I read your piece and Glamour magazine. I was actually crying in the car because you guys felt so traumatized and you were saying that you know you'd be on the field and running to go take the injections. And so you go through an IVF journey. So can you tell us about that? And I also want to hear how your community in sports was about this foreign topic in this world of men with you going off doing you know, injections and things like that your husband's not there with you.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: So I did nine years of IVF and a lot of that was just I mean, I still thought at the time, I'm going to power through, I'm going to be able to carry this kid. But I couldn't even get pregnant and then on top of it, I don't know, did you do IVF, Bethany, I didn't. Oh, okay, I just couldn't produce eggs. So it was you know, these doctors are like, well, let's do another round, let's do another round, and so I just yeah, for nine years, was like, let's go, let's go, let's let's pump it out, and gosh, those drugs were fine.
Speaker 3: No, Well, how much did that journey cost?
Speaker 1: That IVF journey? Yeah, it costs a lot.
Speaker 2: I mean I think a round costs close to thirty k each time, for each year, no, each each round of I.
Speaker 3: And how often? How many rounds do you have to do?
Speaker 1: I did nine?
Speaker 3: Oh nine total?
Speaker 1: You did nine?
Speaker 3: Yeah, so that's yeah, that's that's a fortune for most people. So you did nine rounds, and then how defeated are you? Because during those rounds, you're feeling discussed, You're feeling.
Speaker 2: Horrible, awful, You're feeling horrible, You're already hormonal because of everything you're pumping in you and you have to go to your partner and tell them that you just got a phone call that said none of them were viable, none of them worked. I mean, you feel yeah, you feel awful, your body is changing because of the crap you're putting in your body. You're you are basically convincing yourself it's not going to work. Then you get the call that it doesn't work. Then you're trying to It's like this, you're trying to psych yourself up. Okay, you know what this time, they're going to get the drugs right, like going to Yeah, it's a mess.
Speaker 1: It's crazy.
Speaker 3: You get like this false hope and then you get crashed down lower and then you have to get excited again.
Speaker 1: I've heard this and do a good time to date, you know, Apparently.
Speaker 3: It just sounds your dating profile. My dating profile said one sentence only had no information nothing besides I only sweat the small stuff. Yours could be like I've got a whole lot of things, frank of shit. Here wait, I'm come with a lot of come with a lot of lugage.
Speaker 1: But who doesn't.
Speaker 3: So did you feel I've heard women say that they feel flawed and damage, like in self conscious with their partner, like, oh, you could have been with someone who could have given like did you go through all that? N't know?
Speaker 2: Oh? Yeah, you could have been with some young twenty year old that you know is just pumping out kids left and right. You don't have to spend all this money. You don't have to wait ten days to get the results. And it's bad news. Oh yeah, all of it. You got the like I said, you know, one of our lowest points. I think it was like our third realm that we did. And he was trying to and again, we're not married, we're engaged. This guy doesn't have to we're not engaged. This guy doesn't have to stick around. So you can't work out. You can't drink, which are you can't have you know, any physical activity with your partner because you can't drinking drinking? Yeah yeah, And so working out is the only way I get through things. And then you add a cocktail, please God, yes, but you take away all those things from Oh my god, Wow, what a treat this girl is. So I go to take a walk because that's the only thing you can do. And you got to eat because you know you have to stay nourished and you want things to but you don't want to eat because you're like, I can't freaking work out.
Speaker 1: I feel like he makes me a smooth And I was like, just don't put.
Speaker 2: Peanut butter in it, Like I just don't puts peanut butter in it. We almost break up, I said, and he said, Aaron, I can't do this, like you're.
Speaker 1: Cute for pretty pet, but are you asshole? The fuck is wrong with you?
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's terrible. He sounds terrible. He should have put that on his dating shit, you know what I mean? Yeah?
Speaker 1: What a more?
Speaker 3: He is so unsupportive that is weird. You should give him number. He should come on here and talk about what his place of winding is good? All right? So you go through IVF. You look at each other, You're like, we're not We're done doing this. Now, what's next on the menu?
Speaker 1: What's next on the menu?
Speaker 2: Was? We were like, are we gonna try or are we gonna you know, transfer one in me and see if it works and if I can carry it. It was just too much risk because I didn't have much in the bank in terms of embryos. So finally, twenty twenty Easter, we're all locked down, we're all miserable, we're alone. Normally we go to our friend's house and celebrate with them and their kids, and it was just like, what are we doing? This is we want a family, why are we wasting time? So then the search was on to find the right group, to find the right surrogate, to figure out, you know, our family.
Speaker 3: And surrogacy was something that you didn't really understand. It just didn't seem like something was ever going to be for you, and you had to kind of like open up the taboo and look at it, like, what is that?
Speaker 2: Even you know, in twenty twenty, it was talked about, but it was kind of like who's who really knows until you're in the thick of it. Even my best friends that were with me along this whole journey kind of still didn't understand because it's just not really talked about. It's just now, you know, starting to be the thing, and people are saying, hey, I went to this not because I didn't want to get fat or because I want to miss time with my job, because this is the way we were able to have a baby. And yeah, once we got in it, of course, Bethany, it's never easy.
Speaker 1: Our first round we lost two, we lost twins.
Speaker 3: Yeah, like you finally went to a direction that already seemed unknown and edgy for you, and you know, and that you lose too.
Speaker 1: That sounded horrific.
Speaker 2: Awful, and of course I didn't deal with it very well. I was glazed over. My husband was an absolute mess. We also went into its super blind. We thought, listen, this is gonna work, like, how could it not. We have science on our side, we have our doctor, we have this great woman. More times than none, it doesn't work.
Speaker 3: And you're saying you went through nine you went through the whole journey. You thought you were having babies, and then she lost the babies towards the end.
Speaker 1: Oh no, no, no, no, no, she didn't lose the babies towards the end. No, yeah, yeah no.
Speaker 2: But we went into the whole thing with this sarrogacy thinking it's gonna work, like it's going to have you know, so that we were really blind about because we thought we had everything on our side, and yeah I didn't and a lot more times than none, it doesn't work.
Speaker 1: So we but it ended up leading us to this path and look like it was all worth it. And yeah, so you have a baby. I have a baby. You have an actual real baby? Really? Yeah you?
Speaker 2: None of you people told all of us hoping to get babies at six weeks they wake up and they are wild, like what happened to my cute little like newborn? That was just like nam He woke up and he.
Speaker 3: Was like, ah, what's his name?
Speaker 1: His name is mac m ack?
Speaker 3: And are you both helicoptering because you can't believe that you have this real baby after over a decade.
Speaker 2: I think I helicoptered more with my golden retriever because he was the firstborn than I am with this one. We're grateful to have awesome help. She's guiding us through this whole thing because I don't know crap. So yeah, it's I feel like I'm in school every single day learning what's wrong?
Speaker 1: Were diaper changed? Burping? What's wrong with you?
Speaker 3: Well, the structure is your friend. The naps when the baby's napping is your friend. And sticking to the schedule is really And that means I remember when you had a dog and every four hours you'd walk your dog, but then sometimes it became five, but still we're sort of sticking to the fore with an extra hour. But you had that like guideline. That's how it was for me, and it was great. Like the second that baby's down, you are trying to run to get a manicure or lay down and watch that. You cannot play games, you cannot be online jopp, and you cannot time suck. Time is your only friend and those naps are your only friends. That's the only thing that I really remember, which it does. Everyone says it goes so quickly, so I won't say something so trite. And were you when you had brand I think I was like thirty eight, thirty seven, thirty eight, I think so, or maybe I got pregnant then it was thirty nine. She's I'm fifty two, she's thirteen, so yeah, no forty nine, Yeah, I mean thirty nine. It's really the most beautiful, amazing thing to put your life into, and what a beautiful gift for you both. And what was the choice to go? So what are people who are having a struggle having children?
Speaker 1: What's the menu? Like?
Speaker 3: Are we going to do IVF? Are we going to adopt? Are we going to do surgus?
Speaker 2: Like?
Speaker 1: What's the menu?
Speaker 3: And why choose X over Y.
Speaker 1: In terms of IVA?
Speaker 3: Okay, well you know what I mean, Like you're a person and you're like, we're not either because of the male or the woman or the two women, we're not having kids. Naturally it's not happening. So like, then, what would you advise the menu to be, Like how to make the choice and what's right for one person versus another, you know, with those those options.
Speaker 2: I think obviously communication with your partner in terms of do we want to do this? Listen, I'm not saying my husband didn't want to, but if my husband could have had a baby, obviously I'm the same way. Naturally he would have the coolest thing about this whole experience is our woman, our surrogate, was lovely and watching my husband who's from a small farm town in Canada, didn't know much about IVF before he met me or any of those things, went into this journey like I want a baby, I'll do whatever, and getting close with our surrogate and you know, being like, yeah, no, this was a great experience. To her leaving the hospital before us because she was in such great shape and we had to do all the tests with the baby, to him shutting the door and hysterically balling and being like it's over, We're never going to see her again, and like she's given us the great He was a sobbing, emotional wreck, and like like all the best ways. And this is an alpha performer, professional athlete, like you know, he was feeling all the fields, Bethany, and it was one of the coolest experiences ever. So I think the biggest thing is having that communication with your partner that hey, we can't do it this way, we need help. So when you get help, go to the meetings together, go and get the information together. My husband was there every step of the way on the meetings with the sarrogates, talking to the to the group that put us with the sarrogate, like he was on every email because he wanted to be a part of it. And I also think it was so important for him to feel all the fields. You know, you're pregnant. He couldn't be a part of that whole thing, so this is how he was doing it. I mean, there's a moment that they talk about after you delivered that psychologist say for closure. It is great to give the baby to the surrogate after you've had him or her and give them a moment to say goodbye.
Speaker 1: I mean they've carried this baby horse. Yeah.
Speaker 2: And my husband was like yeah, yeah, yeah, like you know, when does that happen? And I was like, I don't know. We'll just follow along. We'll like ask the nurses to help us. And she has this baby. They're tending to her, we're loving on him. All of a sudden, he takes his baby and he's like here and he's snapping pictures and it's one of his favorite pictures to show everybody. He goes this is our girl seeing him for the first time. I mean, my husband was so involved and so into it. It was it couldn't have gone any better.
Speaker 3: So it was like a beautiful life experience and evolution of a person who grew up on a farm that would not ever touch this kind of scenarios. Sounded to me like when you said that he balled, it was because he was fully invested. He was like tight and holding on like you were during that whole trial, and then you like collapsed after like he you know, was like you know, and you're holding it all, You're like white knuckling through a whole thing, and then like that was the release. It's really wonderful and so obviously there are all these rules. So surrogates just are we people don't hear from them. Again, it's they're not in lives. It's just it's done.
Speaker 2: We've stayed in touch with ours. You know, her birthday is this week, and I'm trying to you know, what do you give somebody that's carried your baby. We had such a wonderful relationship with ours and her family and then you know, her kids came to the hospital after and we brought the baby in for the kids to meet him and stuff, because they took care of him too, you know, they were there and wow, Yeah, it was pretty incredible.
Speaker 1: Yeah, we stay in touch with our girl. We love her.
Speaker 3: And you think you will, like I feel like that was on this is us also, you will like in the future, like the surrogate can meet the child or that's too weird, like what are the rules?
Speaker 2: And psychologist, I think if you know, And the cool thing is they leave that open for us as parents and the surrogate and so forth to you know, and I would do it.
Speaker 1: She's such a special individual. She's still caring.
Speaker 2: I mean, she has two kids that she's adopted on her own. She's you know, she's she's a full blown angel.
Speaker 3: And so you're an advocate now for this you're kind of really talking about. It's spreading information and leaning in.
Speaker 2: You know, the whole thing going through it, And you mentioned the bills of IVF and that's not even the bills of surrogacy. Every time we would get a bill, listen, we weren't being like, oh my god, this is just so ext I kept thinking, Jesus, how do people pay for this that aren't a professional athlete.
Speaker 1: Or you know what I mean, like real people.
Speaker 2: And it's just I just kept saying to the woman who you know, set us up with our surrogate, who has this incredible company, this is bullshit, Like how do people do this for LBGTQ community, for you know, people that have suffered from cancer and mortgage their future because they're going through treatment and then are trying to have a baby on top of it. So I just we've aligned ourselves with this group called Baby Quest, who actually, you know, my girl who has the surrogate company, goes to a lot and they help give grants to people who are in need, whether it's IVF, whether it's to help them with surrogacy and so forth.
Speaker 1: Because the insurance.
Speaker 2: Let alone, the money, let alone, it's it's insane what they're charging people.
Speaker 1: They rake you over the coals and that's a whole other thing that makes you think about right.
Speaker 2: And I just think that surrogacy has been looked at as kind of like a luxury. That people are doing it because you know, it fits in with their schedule.
Speaker 1: They don't want to look you know, they don't want to get.
Speaker 2: Fat or they don't want their body to change, and it's not a lot of people are using it because they this is the way they can have a baby. And yeah, it's so freaking expensive, and I want to kind of make I want to make a change here and about it.
Speaker 3: You know, yeah, yeah, you're in some way as a private person, but you're leaning into something because you didn't realize this whole space existing. Well, so I see the clothing behind you, Kyl, is your business doing.
Speaker 1: It's good. Good. All I want to talk to you about is skinny Girl.
Speaker 2: And I want, like, I mean, I some of the best days are when old episodes are on and you're at the grocery store and you're begging people to try your stuff, and Bethany, I'm not obviously as accomplished as you are, and sitting where you are, you are goals. That's what I want to do. Biggest thing you learn from doing that company. Like if you could give somebody like me and I would attend a seminar about, you know, trying to become an entrepreneur. What are some of the things that you learned that you know I'm going through right now?
Speaker 3: Well, well behind you, is that a licensing deal or that's you own that?
Speaker 2: So it's mine, I own it, but of course to have you know, we have some of the licenses. We go through some of the licenses for fanatics. That's where sports is a little tricky because then you get it. You have to have a manufacturer distribute all the things. But yes, we own it.
Speaker 3: I'm saying, you own one hundred percent of that company.
Speaker 1: Who's weak.
Speaker 2: Yes, yes, I own one hundred percent of the company. But then when you sell, you know NFL, they get a percentage, and then your market.
Speaker 3: They have the license you have, you own, you own it, they license.
Speaker 2: It, right, I do have some of the licenses for some of those sports NFL I do not.
Speaker 1: But you know what I'm saying. So if I sell their clothes, like if.
Speaker 3: You have to get them a royal, you're paying them a royalty. That's I'm saying. They're like the licensee you're paying them the royalty. Yes, yes, yes, but that's but you own. That's this is great because that's the one piece of advice I was going to give is that all these people I was just talking about this earlier on Housewives, where everybody thinks they have businesses because they're selling handbags and clothes and hair and all this other shit, it's a licensing deal and they're not making real money. The reason that Skinny Girl was such a jugg or not was yes, because I pushed it through, because I am relentless, because I'm organized, Because all business is case law, and you have to look at all the other cases before that, other people I've done, and that you've done, and you have to know the temperature of the tides. But that was the one business that I knew was my ace in the hole. I had a feeling about it. So when asked did I want to do licensing or equity, I did not know what either of those words even meant, but I asked for the definition of them, and I said, no, this one, I want skin in the game. I need to own this one. I don't want to do a licensing deal, and I've done licensing deals for a bunch of other things that I make a lot of money off of. But my shape, where my salad dressing, my coffee. They weren't my ace in the hole. They were great ideas, they're great products, but it wasn't like I'm going to start something that's going to I've invented the skinny margarite to the first person ever in history to do this, then invent a category. So for that, I wanted to hold on to it. So you kind of have to know what things to hold on to, when to hold them, and went to fold them. Everything's not a good idea. Everything's not your baby, and you got to let go of things and hold onto things, and you got to know what's what and what's not.
Speaker 2: Much of that world was dominated by men because mine is.
Speaker 3: Was your I've decided that every I didn't think about it. I didn't know it. I walked into the first time I walked into a liquor store to do a signing, I was like, holy shit, what was I think? Why did I go into this? I hadn't succeeded yet. I was like, I would never have gone into this if I knew it was so competitive. But every person I dealt with was a man, and before a Skinny Girl, no one had ever marketed alcohol to women, So women weren't drinking tequila before a Skinny Girl, clear tequila all that drink. The skinny Margarite had changed the entire industry for celebrities jumping into alcohol for low calorie for those ready to drink cans. I cracked through. But I did not think about it as a man's business because I didn't even know to think about it. So I'm like an ignorance is bliss type of person. I just plow through and be better than the men, not unlike yourself. So, yes, it's a men's business, but it is what it is.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I didn't think about it being a man's business until I had to sit in these meetings and try to convince men that women needed an option in team apparel. I was like, listen to me, there's no I mean there is. It's a there's a massive white space. And I said, if you want the pink and been dazzled, sure it's there, but that's not me, right boy, Like I need like the you know, my bass items.
Speaker 1: I need those items, and I you know.
Speaker 2: Also, the fashion needs to evolve every single year, like it does for real life clothing.
Speaker 1: And yeah, it's been.
Speaker 2: It's been really really interesting. You are, like I said, goals, not to fangirl, but I remember the old town home you had that was like the skinny girl headquarters of a house. Because of you, I bought a house and this is our headquarters. Like I wanted the brick wall that you had in the back and all like the fun things when you would show up, Like, I mean, we have concrete and stuff like that, but this was because you.
Speaker 1: Wanted a space. Yeah.
Speaker 3: The thing I would say about those met I think what I do with everything is I show them before they believe it, so I talk is cheap. Like I said that I knew that I had this guest. I knew it was going to break the internet. And everyone, no one's listening to me. No one around me is listening, thank you. No one is listening to me around me.
Speaker 1: No.
Speaker 3: Some people care about it, but other people are like, she's not going to be smart some you know, some people are like it's not going to rate on YouTube. No one's going to care. And I just do my own thing, like I'm like, we're doing this, we're leaning all into this, I know, or anything, and then the numbers don't lie. So you have to find the right people to be wearing it, to be influencing it, to be pushing it through. And then the numbers don't You have the numbers. That's why I paid tred and fifty dollars for housewives.
Speaker 1: Don't worry.
Speaker 3: Put me out, put me in, coach, you put me in. I'm going to get the numbers later. So I never worry about the money. The money always comes in Every multi billion billionaire mogul that I've had on just b that has been really successful, has said that they've never been motivated by the money. The money comes because of the passion and the drive. So don't worry about the conference rooms and the men understanding. You'll show them the numbers. They understand numbers. The men understand the numbers. So get the numbers to happen, and then show them the numbers, and then it will fall. You know, it will be a circular reference.
Speaker 1: Yeah, God, I love it. You're amazing. Thank you.
Speaker 2: How many people say that you and Oprah were always the people I'm like, I just want to drink with them.
Speaker 3: I will love it, you said, people say it on the street, But No, not enough people say it, but yeah, and people say, you know, I want to be your best friend and things like that, and but I appreciate it.
Speaker 1: I love it.
Speaker 3: I wouldn't have thought that you would ever say that to me. I am so insular that I don't even know that people that there are some people that like me.
Speaker 1: No, i'mbsessed.
Speaker 3: All Well, thank you, I appreciate it. Well, you're amazing. And I'm so glad that we did this because it made me really read about you. And I'm really happy that you're, you know, knock Wood on the other side of all of this and that you get to just live and enjoy. So now you get to focus on your baby behind you, which is the business and your real baby, and watch it fly.
Speaker 2: One talks back and spits. Oh he doesn't talk back yet, but he will. He spits up. And then this one, I just you know, I wush you all over men here takes it.
Speaker 1: Come on.
Speaker 2: I want to know what's next for you, Like it's just you are so fascinating.
Speaker 3: I have to say that, like, I plan nothing. I mean, Jill will tell you. I plan nothing. I don't want to do it. I want to do nothing. That's what's ironic. I just can't help myself because I think of things and then I get everybody on board and make everybody have to execute it. Or I'm screwing around with makeup videos that everyone that I'm doing a lot, but it's not. There's no goal. I have no goal in television. I have no goal in anything. I just do and then everybody's trying to figure out, like, oh, she's starting a beauty line, or oh she's doing this reality reckonting because she's starting a network. I'm not doing anything. I'm just screwing around. But it's time consuming screwing around. So I have no goals and no plans. I have a new line called Forever Young, which is amazing, Rose, you'll love it.
Speaker 1: It's beautiful, it's amazing.
Speaker 3: And then I have my mocktails mingle mocktails, which are outrageous. But if you're breastfeeding, we should send you some there amazing breast didn't have the baby. So oh right, oh my god, that's so that's how much I think it's your baby's funny. That's so funny. Yeah, yeah, that's so funny. I said that.
Speaker 2: I forgot incredible. It's like my must see like I don't care what I'm doing. I could be sitting or a college coach. I could be sitting with an NFL coach, and I'm like, hold on, hold on, because i want to see if the ship I'm spending money on is worth it. And what's not it's not today. I just did another video because I stopped. I can't believe I just told you to drink mingle because you forever breastfeeding. Well, we just felt an hour talking about that's so crazy.
Speaker 1: Maybe you just had a glassy or rose. No, I'm just.
Speaker 3: Thinking you have a baby, and I'm thinking you're with the baby, So you just had a baby, so you can't drink. I literally was thinking, is she pumping? That's so funny. So I'm not as smart as I appear to be. So I'll send you both both because you can mix the mocktails with alcohol. Well, it was so amazing to talk to you. Have a wonderful day, and good luck with your baby and your business and your husband, and I'm so happy for you.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and enough of the story, is Aaron, because we get it. You've been through shit.
Speaker 1: No, I know I'm not. No, it's not enough.
Speaker 3: It's really no one knows. Most people don't know about all this stuff because I didn't know. So I'm really happy I read about you.
Speaker 2: No thanks, Yeah, your on Instagram is amazing. I love it so much. You make me want to try all these bagels and shit that I never even thought about before.
Speaker 1: I'm like, oh my god, I want to try this.
Speaker 3: Whipped cottage cheese.
Speaker 1: Yes.
Speaker 3: Yes, Well, I'm going to do some more today because I stop and then I get inspired, Like I'm inspired today to do some beauty ones because I've I got full. It's too much crap and too much stuff, and I think it's all bullshit. So not until something jumps off the page, am I now posting about it?
Speaker 1: That's why, like full disclosure?
Speaker 2: Are you literally going to drug stores and picking out shit or people just sending you that.
Speaker 3: It started out with me just doing it, and then I was like, oh my god, maybe lenecentis lipla and so be careful what you wish for. And then and now it's I have to make a rule to not go to the drug store. Paul's like, you'll get millions of views if you just walk into the drug store. I'm like, I just can't have another thing in this house.
Speaker 1: I have to.
Speaker 3: So every day I spend an hour in my day getting rid of stuff. I don't want it like I want, but I want to try it because it's here. So the person who owns that brand sent it to me, so I want to try it, but then I want to get the hell out of my house. So it's like there's always a giveaway bin, there's always a shipping box.
Speaker 1: It's a whole circular thing. Not as much, but if I get to take some of it, I'm sure she does.
Speaker 3: She does, but I want to preserve her skin and I want to preserve her you know, believing in the BS. So she gets stuff and it's a treat. It's not like every day she's getting stuff because I'm I'm very careful with her about.
Speaker 1: Not being spoiled.
Speaker 3: So awesome, amazing, Thank you. We'll talk again soon.
Speaker 1: Bye. Thanks for me.
Speaker 3: Thanks well. I was really moved by Aaron's story. I read about it this morning and just I was honestly just moved by what people go through. I mean, we all think about our own thing and something terrible happens to us, and then you know, if you're a public person, it seems bigger when it's not bigger than someone who's not public going through something like a miscarriage or cancer or a bad divorce or anything. And I was just moved by the back to back and that she's strong and that she was still going out on the field and what choice do you have? And I just I'm just just can't believe the strength of a strong woman, like honestly, cervical cancer after a seven year people violation scandal into year or ten years of trying to have a baby, ten years of trying to have it, but baby, so through IVF and then surrogacy. I mean, God, give the woman the baby. Man, give her the damn baby. So she has the baby. And I'm so happy she doesn't have cancer. She got awarded a settlement, and she has the baby. So I feel like I could sleep tonight. Great interview, great woman excited, Buy her product, buy her sportswear, because she deserves it.