Speaker 1: Wake that ass up in the morning. The Breakfast Club.
Speaker 2: More thing. Everybody's the j M V.
Speaker 3: Charlamagne to God, just hilarious. We are the Breakfast Club and we got a special guest in.
Speaker 1: The building, Icon Living.
Speaker 4: His album is out today, The Love Album Off the Grist, Ladies and Gentlemen.
Speaker 1: Diddy?
Speaker 2: What up?
Speaker 1: Hollow John?
Speaker 2: Diddy? Show John? I got a bunch of names. What's up, Robert.
Speaker 5: I'm feeling beautiful, feeling like extremely blessed, especially today the album's coming out. Being able to just make music man for thirty years, thirty years, thirty the bad boys like ah, I feel it's just just very blessing, filled with the spirits.
Speaker 2: So good morning to all, God bless your morning.
Speaker 3: Congratulations Again we said, how did that feel?
Speaker 6: Thirty years a bad boy, ten years of revolt, fifty years of hip hop? How does that feel? The Shawn com somebody who's been so instrumental in the culture.
Speaker 5: Oh man, it's humbling, and it's really like surreal in a sense, you know what I'm saying, to really be because I remember doing interviews with you guys, just like even you know, just from the beginning and just just how I've grown up in the industry. It's like really surreal just knowing that I saw that out as a kid from Harlem and just you know, made it all the way to this point and have been able to have a positive impact and been able to really witness it and be a part of the culture and just loving to be putting out music at this point from the love of it, you know what I'm saying. And it's dope, man, It's really really dope.
Speaker 6: The one thing I don't like because you know, they say thirty years a bad boy, especially when I hear this album. You got to put the Uptown in there too, So what uptown? How long is it for you?
Speaker 2: Yeah, it probably be.
Speaker 5: That would have probably been maybe forty nahy forty, like thirty four years, forty four years.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 5: So it's a blessing to be able to do anything that you love to do, you know what I'm saying, And to now be doing it, I feel like I'm even better, you know what I'm saying. I feel like I'm even better. I was talking Lebron one day at the Drake concert. I was like, you're getting stronger, You're getting better. Aunties like, yeah, I'm getting better, like you really can't get better. I think we have this misconception about longevity, you know what I'm saying, when longevity is one of the greatest blessings in the world. So I'm living out my dream, you know what I'm saying, beyond you know, beyond even what I could have even imagined, because I don't know a lot of cats that have, you know, could say thirty four years of doing something they love and now still getting stronger. As far as like the splat that they put out in the atmosphere.
Speaker 3: There's a surprise you when you see like see kids like the other day, I'm watching you at the VMA's right, and you're going through hits that you have that I know because I grew up on. But my son doesn't, no didty for those hits, So he's like, oh, I didn't know. Oh that's all because they hear the old sables. That ever surprise you that a lot of these kids don't know you for music, they know you for other things. Your business. Yeah, whether it's the liquor, or they might have seen you on TikTok with Khaled, or they see you from something else. Does that ever say, Damn, that's strange. Because of such a hole that you had on music for so long.
Speaker 5: I think that you know, I'm gone in other areas and I also went away from music for a while, but I've gone in other areas and have success. Life has taken a different journey. So they know me for different things, you know. And but but to see you know music, you know, my music having a renaissance and the sense of everybody sampling it, everybody on the wave, and being able to be an artist that's multi generational as far as impact and being able to really rock a crowd multi generationally. And when you talk about relevancy, you know what I'm saying. Yeah, they know me for different things. But to now be able to introduce them to my music part, it's also a beautiful thing because they know me as being an entrepreneur, They know me going into an industry taking this over.
Speaker 2: They know me for something that you know, if they really want to take some positivity out of it, they'll be able to take something out of it.
Speaker 5: But now when they see me and I'm doing my musical bag, then they see, oh, that's that superhero. That's something different, that's you know that That's one thing I love about it, you know, love about him, and so I think it's really dope to really when I get introduced to like a younger generation without trying to actually play to a younger generation just by being me.
Speaker 2: You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 1: You tell you something, man, I funk with the album.
Speaker 2: Thank you. I fun with that, Thank you very much.
Speaker 1: It's very very, very very proper.
Speaker 6: I was telling him that before they walked in, and I don't know if I should tell him that or no.
Speaker 5: No, no, no, I appreciate that, you know what I'm saying. I don't know.
Speaker 2: We were in the love era. Everybody everyone. I have an announcement.
Speaker 1: But that though, because he saw me, was like, are you not get funny?
Speaker 2: Yo?
Speaker 5: Because to me and his brother, like we know each other. If I'm like, I'm not gonna be honest, I'm exposed. If I'm in trouble, I'm calling him for like strategic advice, and we talk at a whole at a whole other level. So when I come in, I'm like, Yo, damn, you really got your game face someone it feeling like I feel like, you know what I'm saying, like like magic and I or whoever was cool and and say, yo, bro, now we're not just going He's like no, and then he was like, hmm, I like that album. And I was like, but I'm telling y'all, it is all right to love it is alright.
Speaker 2: It's not.
Speaker 5: I know there's been different stories and the mythology has.
Speaker 2: Going all over the world. But you know what I'm saying, I'm love man.
Speaker 3: And what made you jump back into music with everything you know amazing from Revolt to the liquor to everything what says I want to get back on the road, back to touring, back to making music, and see it's a different time now. It's you know, it's it's streaming. It's things outside of people actually going to the store and buying it. You know, it's playlists, it's things that we can't control, what you could have control before. What put you back into that mind frame?
Speaker 5: The thing that got me into it, which was the love when I when I started making music, I didn't make music, okay, like this is a hustle to make money.
Speaker 2: I did.
Speaker 5: I did what I felt, you know, and I did like just what I loved. I say to people now, it's not about streams for me. I don't want streams I want souls. I want to give you that feeling that's missing. There is a feeling missing. We are in a dark frequency. I'm blessed to be able to purposely I try to push my life up into a higher frequency.
Speaker 2: I could walk in the.
Speaker 5: Room and let us all be down, or I could I could push us up, you know what I'm saying, or whatever it is, or if you want to frown at me, I could give you a smile and a hug.
Speaker 2: You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 5: And so it's like, you know, to be able to have the power that your music, all of my records like kind of make you feel good. People say, like when I see your records, it makes me want to do the dance with my shoulders. But it makes you smile too, you know what I'm saying. And that right there was the purpose. And so for me, returning back to music was more a self love decision. You get it to a point in your life where where you have to decide, like, Okay, what do I want to do makes me happy? And what really makes me happy is my art making music? So I don't I didn't get back, you know, even though you know what I'm saying, I'm gonna turn into music after a long time, I didn't come back, just like I didn't come into music following the rules. I don't follow the rules that's out here set for me now, and I don't have those rules affect my intention. So my intention with this album ain't to get hot, not to be you know, it is to be the best. I'm not gonna lie to you. It is to be I'm putting out the best music that I can. It's one of my best bodies of work. As far as like R and B, and I wanted to put out that R and B that you could dance too. I didn't care if there wasn't R and B you couldn't dance too. I wanted to do what I do. When I like to celebrate, I like to turn up a little bit. But sometimes it's just.
Speaker 2: Like it gets a little get a little toxic for my frequency. You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 5: Not nothing. So I was like, I'm not you don't complain about nothing. You go and if you have the power to make music that makes people feel good, that's what I want to did to make some R and B that you could dance to. R and B that you could smash to you know what I'm saying, R and B that you could ride in your ride in the car with your girl and sing to you know what I'm saying, like, and that's that's what I like to do. I like being with my shorty and you know, going off the grid, turning off the phone and doing what we do for four to eight hours and wanting to have some music that goes into that frequency, you know.
Speaker 2: And so man, it was, it was a beautiful thing. I wanted to make music. I wanted to work with new artists again.
Speaker 5: I wanted to be able to just just really do what I loved because if I got into the way that the game is set up now, it's just set up. It's mostly a hustle. It's a hustle. I'm not knocking nobody's hustle. This is not a hustle to me. This is an art form.
Speaker 2: This is a love.
Speaker 5: This is a god superpower, you know what I'm saying. And so you know, I'm just out here doing what I do. And you know, I'm just I've gotten better because of life experiences and actually fighting through the frequency of darkness and the gram and the this and the that, and you know then the alcohol and the chicks and all that ship and it came out on the other side on a love frequency, with a love era like I'm just gonna lift it up. And you do that through your art.
Speaker 2: You do that.
Speaker 5: You do that through you know that God gift that he got you, not just making money, but making money's good too.
Speaker 4: So stepping away from music for seventeen years, you have I.
Speaker 2: Was thirteen thirteen, Dirty Money, thirty, Last Train of Paris.
Speaker 4: Okay, Yeah, even stepping away from it for that long, it didn't make you nervous going back into it. I mean with with you being Diddy is only one Diddy, but you were still and you're still very much present and everything else that you need. Just stepping away from it that long, yeah, were you even nervous a little bit? We got those new artists and all that stuff.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I'm not gonna lie. I don't really get nervous. I live in a real feelings zone, you know what I'm saying. Stepping back into it, I'm real confident then on Like me being a producer, I don't make beats, you know what I'm saying, Like, I actually.
Speaker 2: I produce you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 5: But the crazy part about it, I don't playing any instruments, I don't program, but the sounds that I hear in my head, I know how to really explain what's the frequency that I want. So so me getting back into it, I really felt like you know, I mean, I felt like Jordan getting back into basketball, as far as making R and B, as far as like making hip hop, soul and all the different you know, the sounds that I have. So when I came back into it, I came back into it it really really excited because I knew I was ready to step back into what they call a full full circle. So I went back into like Puffy the producers. Just like the first time you may have had two turntables and the first time you learned your first dance or whatever you told your first joke, you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 2: It returned me back to that.
Speaker 5: Like ah, and so my first record I produced was Come and Talk to Me by Jo Desy the Remix. And so when I started making these records, it was feeling like that I had to return like back to.
Speaker 2: The basement, the basement producer.
Speaker 5: It was just me and there and just man It's just been a beautiful experience man, to be able to return back to your love and not let the business and the money and the fame get you caught up, because in this industry you only got like a zero point zero zero one percent chance to success, to be able to be really longevity and keep up your marbles and your heart and your soul together. And so when I was back in there now, I was like, Nah, this feels good. I thank God that I'm able to come and you know, make some music today. Like I give thanks and pray every time I go in the studio, like, oh my god, this is a dream come true.
Speaker 6: Because it is. Though you got the record Closer to God with Leanna Taylor. But go deep on that with the producer thing, because everybody has always talked about.
Speaker 1: That for years.
Speaker 6: When it came to you, like they don't actually make beads, you know, what did he actually do in the studio?
Speaker 1: But we know it's a sound. We know it's a bad boy, a uptown sound. So what are you going there? Like just say I want it to sound like this.
Speaker 2: No no, no, no.
Speaker 5: I'm an orchestrator, so I hear all sounds. I hear all sounds from the vocal, how the vocal should be presented.
Speaker 2: It's like being a director of a movie. You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 5: I may not be in there actually doing the scene, but I'm directing the movie. And I have a special talent as far as like directing sonics in the way something is. It's almost like even Quincy Jones. Quincy Jones is more of an orchestrator. All of the live musicians and everything he did. He didn't go and play every instrument that was the drum machine at that point.
Speaker 2: Very Gordy was an orchestrator.
Speaker 5: So I come from more of a producer experience like that. So when I'm in there with a Mary J. Blige, I'm in there with a week and I have something to say. I'm not just watching them do a thing. I'm not sending it over. What if I'm in the studio actually creating and molding and shaping the sonic sounds. So for an example, like so I hed like closer to God.
Speaker 2: When I'm with you and I want more more intensity and I want you to you're like closer the guy let you.
Speaker 5: You know what I'm saying, It's that just regular communication. It's not a it's not a it's something that's not complicated. It's just me communicating from my heart and like knowing where to go.
Speaker 2: And so if there's.
Speaker 5: Cause and I mean here, no, no, you know what I'm saying, and so yeah, so it's it's it's it's me also writing the music, that's the music that's in my head and translating it to like, you know, a Mario Winans or Stevie j And so my thing has always been collaboration. But my sound, no matter what producers I work with, my sound sounds like my sound. When you hear it, it sounds exactly like my sound. But I've just been a little bit more open about no one.
Speaker 2: Man can do everything. Every last producer.
Speaker 5: Has had a team, you know, Motown had the Funk Brothers, I've had the hit Men, and so a lot of times people don't, you know, don't believe that I could actually.
Speaker 2: Be good at this.
Speaker 5: Many things like I gotta I have to be front and or doing this and doing that.
Speaker 2: And so that's why I have the receipts.
Speaker 5: I've been filming myself since I was nineteen years old. You see me in the studio producing with people. And you know, I don't have nothing to prove to anybody that says anything but the feeling that I've given you for over thirty years, given your mama this feeling, and I've given it to you and it feels good.
Speaker 2: Take that. Yeah, he's impossible.
Speaker 1: He's impossible.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I'm just telling you.
Speaker 1: About my drink about to drink something.
Speaker 3: I was going to ask how much influence does your son have on you? And the reason I asked that I seen him at the BET Awards and I was asking him about is it a competition? At first he said no, and then he said no, no, no, this is a competition. I want to make records better than my dad, and my dad's trying to make records better than me. So I said, well, how does that work with picking beats? And he was like, I have to grab the beats before my dad. So is it a competition? And how much influence does your son have one you making records?
Speaker 2: Now?
Speaker 5: I let I don't really let anybody influence me on on on making records. I'm definitely not in a a competition with my son, And you know, I'm more, if anything, in a competition with myself I've never been in a competition.
Speaker 2: You know, with anybody else.
Speaker 5: But it's a blessing to actually be like the first, you know what I'm saying, the first father son duo.
Speaker 2: You know what I'm saying, like and we take pride in that. You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 1: We all act like Jojouster.
Speaker 5: The first to have a number one record, the first. And it's no disrespect to nobody. We're just saying respectfully. We're saying respectfully that all the other father son teams that me and my son we won the championship, we had number one records together and that saw.
Speaker 2: It's just proud dad ship.
Speaker 5: It's not saying nothing, it's not It's just when we have the narrative, sometimes y'all be forgetting about the Diddy history.
Speaker 2: You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 5: You sometimes we forget who have invented certain things. Now, I'm not going to be defensive. I'm just going to state facts.
Speaker 2: Okay, okay.
Speaker 1: Out there, the first to have.
Speaker 5: A number one together together.
Speaker 2: That's it's very hard to have a kid and have that kid have success.
Speaker 5: That kid has to fight through so much stuff because and those kids had to fight through a lot of different things through their father h we're not talking about the first we're talking about the father son team to play together, you know what I'm saying, and win a championship and that's me and King.
Speaker 2: Comes and I take a lot of pride in that.
Speaker 4: And then speaking of King Holmes, would you ever give the blessing for him to do your biopic? Because that's that's the biopick I would want to be in for one. But I want to see that.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I mean, I mean, he he's me. I know that he'd be able to do it. You know what I'm saying, I definitely give him, give him my blessing because I mean, he'd be biopicking me.
Speaker 2: Now I'm looking at him.
Speaker 5: I'm on stage the other night, and you gotta understand how like much of a blessing this.
Speaker 2: Is, y'all like like like like.
Speaker 5: I know y'all as you know on their personalities. I'm just telling y'all like it's human beings to be able. I see how you love your kids, you know what I'm saying. I know everybody loves their family, But to be on stage with him and be looking at him from what he wanted to be at four years old and really like doing stuff. And then the other night with my girls like this is like you know, it's like that's everything. We can talk about a whole bunch of things, but you know that that right there is just everything to me.
Speaker 2: So it's it's a blessing to see him keep fighting.
Speaker 5: Every day because as a combs, we gotta fight through a lot of hate.
Speaker 2: It's just it's all right, we can handle it.
Speaker 5: Yeah, whom is given, you know, much is expected and we respect that.
Speaker 2: But it's all right for you all to start loving me.
Speaker 5: Okay, it's about It's about time. Yes, yes, my teeth everything, you know what I'm saying. Everything is fresh, I could, I'm I'm I swear, I'm stronger. I'm like, I don't know. It's beyond Benjamin Button. We like an I P Man or something.
Speaker 6: Literally, why didn't you Why didn't you have any form of bad boy artists perform on stage two at the VM for such an iconic moment.
Speaker 5: It was it was more like I wanted to. I did them metally so much with everybody. We had so many different iconic moments, and that was that was me as an artist.
Speaker 2: You know a lot of people forget.
Speaker 5: How many number one records I have as an artist, and so you know, it was it was it was just really like.
Speaker 2: I wanted to give people something different.
Speaker 5: I didn't give them Keisha Cole really I wanted to give him the present me and young and then you know, I had wanted me and Mace to do something, but the schedule that didn't that didn't like work out, and it was just like a that's that's all that was. I just wanted to have like something that was different. So I thought me and Mace would have been different, you know what I'm saying. So every time I come out, I'm trying to give y'all something like different in an award show performance, because to be honest, I do a lot of award shows, so I try to keep everybody on their toes. So in the beginning, I did, you know something from the new record, and I just went more thirty years, you know what I'm saying. And then you know, so, but the way God wanted to work out me doing more money with my son was the greatest gift to that I could have ever ever experienced, you know what I'm saying. And you know, but I'm always going to be performing with the bad Boy artist you know what I'm saying, and doing things with them as I always have, you know what I'm saying, And they've always they are always a phone call away. Like I could have had, you know, like nads on there, I could have had different people, but still whatever, And I was just like, yo, I really want to get I want people to feel this. This this Keisha Cold record and.
Speaker 1: All my favorite records of all.
Speaker 5: Yeah, and also I just want also wanted people also do understand like you know that that you know, I got a good like forty five minutes straight a bangers.
Speaker 2: Just by myself on stage.
Speaker 5: You know what I'm saying, Like like I go to Yeah, nobody should be afraid because it's all love. But you know what I'm saying, it's a lot of hits, you know what I'm saying. So I did want to say that because I'm about to jump out here on tour and stuff like that, and you could come see me and have a great time. If I'm just by myself too, you can see me. If I'm with the bad Boy family, you can see me with other people.
Speaker 2: You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 5: But it was I wanted to you know, also as a performance, like I think it's time that I like stand on my own two feet, you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 2: And so that's why I did that move.
Speaker 5: But we will be having, you know, out there with all the bad boy artists and everything like that.
Speaker 3: It was mentioned all the artists, you mentioned Mace and recently you said that you were giving the artists back there publishing. Yeah, what made you decide to do that? And what was the artist of Did you speak to every artist when you did it or how did how did that happen?
Speaker 2: How did that work?
Speaker 3: Break that down?
Speaker 5: Yeah, when I when I had went and called out the Grammys, I also you know, I had to make sure that I had also looked from within. Once you start like asking for change in this world, you you have to look within and be a part of that change. So this actually was done two years ago, you know what I'm saying. It was actually done two years ago, and it was it was more of of me just evolving as a businessman, you know, a person that that really wants change in the world, you know, and and progress most importantly, because you can have change but not progress. And you know, it was the right thing to do you know what I'm saying. It was that it was the right thing to do in this It was is the frequency that that I'm in, and it's the love frequency.
Speaker 2: If it wasn't for.
Speaker 5: Like these people that you know have have helped me with all of these records, everybody, if there's anything you know what I'm saying that like like like that that you know, just just doing the right thing. That's just with the frequency that I'm in. And I think the frequency we should all be in is not being afraid to look inward and then make decisions like that. So I want reform in all industries. I want reform in corporate America. If I got to ask corporate America to look at something and change their ways and the world, then it's just like it's I have to be responsible and accountable for that for myself. And so that was done two years ago, So it's not like two years Yeah, two years ago, I had a signed and then the lawyers had to work everything out because it's not an e it's not a it's not an easy thing, and it's it's it's it's called reassigned. It's not you know, not I didn't give nobody anything, it's just reassigning because of the contract, the contracts and everything.
Speaker 2: Is up to par.
Speaker 5: You don't have to business his business. You don't have to change the contract. You don't have to make changes in the world. But if you have a chance to do the right thing, why wouldn't you do the right thing? You know what I'm saying, And that's the world that I want to live in, and so you know what I'm saying, I want to be that change that I want.
Speaker 6: What do you say to the people who say they feel like the publishing has no value now and you've already made all your money off it, so now you want to give it back because it's not not really worth anything.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean, that's just not the truth.
Speaker 5: Whatever your value your publishing is, that's the value of your you know, of your publishing, And it's really not It's really about just me evolving and wanting to do you know what I'm saying. What I feel is like the right thing that we should all do. We should all look at where we're at in the world today, you know what I'm saying. So you know what I'm saying, I can't go on like I'm not doing things for people. I'm doing things that God has in my that God tells me to do. So I don't like what somebody's gonna say or how somebody gonna take something puff.
Speaker 2: I ain't even knowing that. You know, I'm not for everybody.
Speaker 5: Jesus wasn't for everybody, not comparing myself to Jesus for somebody that.
Speaker 2: I look up to.
Speaker 5: As far as as the story, you know what I'm saying, Yeah, it's all right, you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 6: Then giving back to publishing fixed any damage relationships.
Speaker 1: That you might have had.
Speaker 5: I wasn't there so many misconceptions that people think they know what's going on. I never I didn't have no problems with people. Mace, me and me and yeah yeah yeah, a major with me and Mason. Me and Mace, we we we we we brothers. And may I got unconditional love for me, so me and Masa. I don't know if me and Mason stopped arguing now or something like that, but I'm gonna still love Mace. I give him thanks for like really really helping to really launch my career as an artist, and you know, was there with me from the beginning and stuff like that. But when you and a when you're like in a group with somebody, you know what I'm saying, you know, tied together for life. Y'all have your brotherly ups and downs. But I always love Mace, always give thanks to Mason. And yeah, me and Mace we also got you know, spoken was just like you know, had a real conversation. Cause I think even though if I didn't agree with Mace, he was a catalyst for me to look from within, you know what I'm saying. And so sometimes somebody that you may not agree with or something you don't think is good. God uses like certain situations, even if something's like yo, where did that come from? That's your left field, you know what I'm saying. And so yeah, man, I don't I don't. I just get into right now with God telling me to do so there's a clarity. It's not a like, Okay, I'm gonna do this and I'm worried about what you're gonna think of Charlemagne if they're gonna stay on here or you know what I'm saying, I'm just moving in.
Speaker 2: God's God's purpose.
Speaker 5: So it's really at a point you get to a point in your life, especially me as a successful businessman where you pick purpose over profit. And that's kind of the season that I'm in to really really be a part of this radical chain.
Speaker 2: You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 6: You gave me more credit for launching your solo career and Big, because I thought Big was the person that pushed you to really want.
Speaker 2: To know, Big push me. But but but Mace gave me the words.
Speaker 5: You know what I'm saying, Mace, You know what I'm saying, was you know, was was was like you know.
Speaker 1: Was like right and craft music.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, yeah, I mean you know we was. We was like a group. You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 5: You ain't want to see no puff without Mace or Mace without puffing.
Speaker 2: You saw him, you saw me and me him.
Speaker 5: And so yeah, nah, Definitely as an artist, you know what I'm saying, I would say Mason definitely. You know, you know Jada Kiss as far and source money, you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 2: I mean a bunch of people I have to have to credit it with.
Speaker 5: But as far as me breaking through like that I could be an artist, and I was an artist, Big Cad taught me that. But as far as like you know, if I had to say, say one person, I would have to say, you know what I'm.
Speaker 2: Saying, mace right for you?
Speaker 1: If anything?
Speaker 5: Victory victory and the and then and to get money remixed, which I was like.
Speaker 2: I was like, man, I ain't ready for that. And so those are seeds?
Speaker 6: Did that ssanposed to be your first You figured that.
Speaker 5: Yeah, in front of it, and I didn't do it. I was like, no, I ain't ready for that. And then and then and then but when I heard that Benjamin's and then Mastrope, that can nobody hold me down?
Speaker 2: I was like, yeah, now I'm ready. You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 6: I like this, did he we should have a drink? You really turned down a nine figure deal for the publisher.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it was. It was. I wouldn't say turned it down, as I said. You know what I'm saying, It wasn't.
Speaker 5: It really wasn't an option, you know what I'm saying as far as because it was just at the time that I was getting it, I was just I wasn't really even wanting to sell nothing. But I was just like, man, these people are getting people are getting a lot of money out here.
Speaker 2: And I was like, you know, if anytime this is the time that you know what I'm saying that.
Speaker 5: That you know, because the people will offer him so much money for catalog.
Speaker 2: It was just it was a time where I just went in.
Speaker 5: It was like you shopped a little bit or no, no, it wasn't shopped, as people were calling.
Speaker 1: Us, and so bring some cups, y'all.
Speaker 5: So it was something that, you know what I'm saying, something that you definitely consider. And and then it was just a change, you know what I'm saying. The chain of events, chain events, chain of events just had me really was just like, man, I need to just you know, call all the artists they need and all the writers. What I'm saying this this is a this is a time, you know what I'm saying to not just Andre Horrell was telling me don't just talk love be love. And so he's like, this is a time just to to do and listen to what God is telling you to do.
Speaker 3: And so now we're cracking, open up, talk about we're talking about the hour.
Speaker 5: Yeah, we drinking, drinking celebration.
Speaker 1: You know what today is?
Speaker 2: Today is did he day? Diddy? Did he?
Speaker 4: Did he?
Speaker 2: Proclaimed?
Speaker 6: In one episode you just brought up Andre and this album has so much of the Bad Boy Uptown record sound. So it made me wonder, did you miss Andre's mentorship in the creating this album?
Speaker 5: Not at all, because the crazy thing about it is like even if the physical is not there, it's like the spirit is there, you know, his physical And also I mean him being there, thank you for advice as as like a father figure. It's missed so much, you know what I'm saying. And and you know sometimes I definitely feel lost without him and him being there the two people that I would go to for advice that would keep me totally straight. But as far as musically, I was able to like keep his him in my head as far as like what to do.
Speaker 2: And also I dedicated this album to Chucky Thompson, you know what I'm saying, one of the greatest be producers ever, so you know he was.
Speaker 5: Andre definitely came along the ride with me on making this and it was like that catalyst with that uptown music. That's the catalyst of my hip hop soul sound and and.
Speaker 2: Chance to love.
Speaker 4: Yeah man, And speaking of love, my favorite someone is What's Love?
Speaker 7: I do like that? And deliver me number two just in case you yeah.
Speaker 5: That dirty Money we back, yeah, in effect making some you know, beautiful train music as I call that.
Speaker 1: What made you go back to that? What made you want to reconnect with Dirty Money?
Speaker 5: This honestly was a record that it's Jay Diller.
Speaker 2: I got a chance.
Speaker 5: Buster brought me this J Deler joint, and I was like, y'all get a chance to even though Jay Diller's in our head, to.
Speaker 2: Actually do produce a record with Jay Diller.
Speaker 5: So then I put the music on top of a J Deler beat and Dirty Money we were doing it. And at first we were doing it, Bustle was like, let me get that joint and I was like, he never used it. Then, when I was putting this project together that there's certain songs that I did a long time ago, so this song was one of them. And then you're not to ask girls if they wanted to be a part of the neighbors, like yeah, and and then just like the the that's a record called Deliver Me and busses on that and Dirty Moneys on that, and that's our first record in thirteen years, and yeah, what's your favorite? And then I would say one of me I did eight years ago, another one of me, yeah, another the Weekend another one of men.
Speaker 2: Eight years ago I did record. Yeah yeah, twenty one, that's definite one and twenty.
Speaker 1: No. What's your favorite? I think I know what it is, but it's probably the one.
Speaker 7: I don't have one.
Speaker 3: Favorite Homecoming is Dope stay a wireless Dope? What's one with the seven o.
Speaker 2: Two so much the Weekend? I'm gonna get this.
Speaker 6: You're speeding the Weekend record with twenty one in French?
Speaker 1: Yeah, I can say that's his last collab.
Speaker 5: Yeah, yeah, that's the Weekend that this is his last feature. And you know, I think we're we you know we we we love the Weekend on his features. The Weekend always does a dope feature. So I'm definitely honest, you know what I'm saying. You know, I really love him as an artist. Everybody on this album it's like I'm fans of Is.
Speaker 2: You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 5: I'm like, really fans of IS and really love their voices. Like when I made the album, it wasn't okay, let me get this person because they have this type of these type of streams. It was like I wanted to tell my love story. I wanted to tell you know, I wanted to be able to utilize these voices to translate my feelings. And these are all like my favorite voices, from Jazmine Sullivan to her to the Weekend the Summer wal because even sway Lee, like the frequency of his voice reminds me like of a Ralph treasident. You know what I'm saying, just sound so yeah, Justin Bieber and Justin Bieber, Like I know Justin.
Speaker 2: From R and B.
Speaker 5: You know what I'm saying, Like from when he first got into it, just being with Usher singing R and B. So me hearing all those riffs, being able to get with him, Tianna Taylor being able to get her in the studio, and like really work hands on with these artists from like one of my favorite records is this record called I Like By. It's Kaitlyn for real, for real in myself, but then Jodysy and Jeremiah and it's like, you know what I'm saying is bridging the gap. That's one thing I wanted to do with this album. This is the super Bowl of R and B.
Speaker 2: I want it. I'm not here to save R and B. You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 5: I'm not There's a lot of dope R and B that's out there. I just make my type of R and B, and I want these artists to come in and experience it. It so having Jodasy on a record with Jeremiah and Kaitlyn for real, for real in myself, it's just like getting back to that feeling.
Speaker 2: Man.
Speaker 5: So I love Dad, John, I love brought my Love to you because it's like not a lot of records that you could play at you know, at the cookout or at the celebration, A lot of arm B joints that you could you could play and so and so that one was. Look, I mean, I love the whole album. It's a whole by your work, you know what I'm saying. Purposely was on there where you could you could get your stroke onto it. This is for the strokers, you know what I'm saying, a lot of cats they be they like the rabbit style, you know what I'm saying this this, this is for the strokers. You know what I'm saying. Casts that like to really make love to your woman. Your woman like to make love to you. Look deep in her eyes and it's the stroke. How long is the strong stroke of the second or you just no No, it's more of a rhythm thing, you know what I'm saying. It's more of a feeling though, you know.
Speaker 2: What I'm saying.
Speaker 5: But it's just not like a let me just you know what I'm saying. You could you could throw that in there as like a song tempo change, but it's like, you know what I'm saying, You can do that, like like, but that's your only go to you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 2: That that's not the frequency of love that we talking about. This is that R and B.
Speaker 5: This is that that should take your time, beg your girl will come back.
Speaker 2: You know how you lay it down.
Speaker 5: I got three records that have stay in it, you know what I'm saying, Because because that's my life.
Speaker 2: I'm always like, oh man, baby, can you just stay? Don't leave me? You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 5: And so it's just like the way you make love when you're trying to get your girl to stay is different.
Speaker 2: You know what I'm saying. So it's like, you know, it's off the grid experience. Go off the.
Speaker 5: Grid with your girl, bring the album, you know what I'm saying, and do whatever you do and turn off your WiFi. Yeah, because I'm into the long type of multiple round love making vibe sessions.
Speaker 2: You know what I'm saying. If your girl, you know what I'm saying, I just want to sit there.
Speaker 5: I just want to just like it's your girl or your manner, your girl, your whatever.
Speaker 2: You're you're into. Nobody's judging.
Speaker 5: Just go off the grid, woman, like like how you doing, how you feel, and get into their brain, they soul, they mind, and this is the music that you can have in the background.
Speaker 2: You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 6: I know it's your album, but why did you feel the need to be on every record for the reason you just said? Because sometimes you being a vibe and then it's just like I don't want to hear the rap right now.
Speaker 1: I just want to hear the music.
Speaker 5: I'm really like on six records out of like twenty six damn. You know it's it's you know, you do what you feel. I don't think you go, okay, I want to be on this rec Especially with an album like this, it's more about me as the producer. So I didn't you know, I wanted records to just keep you in your vibe and me to be like the narrator of the situation.
Speaker 2: You know what I'm saying, And so.
Speaker 1: I feel like you on every record.
Speaker 5: Yeah, it's probably just because my sonic sound, you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 2: Just just just it's less, it's more for me, you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 3: But like speaking on records regardless, even if it's not rapping.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I want to go back.
Speaker 6: Somebody said though I felt like sitting when I was sitting in the living room and I'm listening to this last night, and that I felt like, oh I got to go lanyd the bell with my girl, like I should not be listening into this by myself.
Speaker 1: To your point about being that kind of but did you.
Speaker 7: Really get up and go Na? Yeah, you stayed on the count, so right.
Speaker 2: So.
Speaker 7: Yeah, listen without you.
Speaker 5: But it's also if you if you just love this is a style of on B bro.
Speaker 2: You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 5: You could you could be into toxic stuff, or you could be in the stuff that you could sing and you can think about.
Speaker 2: Your girl, or you could be in love. I don't know, you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 5: At whatever whatever point, it's even like it's not heavy though neither you know what I'm saying, it's just a beautiful body of body of work and survived, you know.
Speaker 2: What I'm saying.
Speaker 7: And once you step to a couple of the songs, now listen.
Speaker 4: Speaking of once you step, my Baltimore brother Bunkie tried to teach you to dance.
Speaker 7: Yeah, you're still out here doing that, you know.
Speaker 2: I mean, I just you know what it is.
Speaker 5: I have my own individual style of moving and whenever I try to move like somebody else, it doesn't work for me. So it's like getting your bag in your bag, you know what I'm saying. Yeah, yeah, yeah, no, no, I should get all right, but I get the flow, but I gotta move away in my body, like actually move. So it's it was it was more I like, I like dancing and and like just learning different styles of dance and stuff like that. But I always will, like you know, translated my way, I'm in a big dance season in my life when when when a record comes on, but I promised myself I'm going to dance to the fullest on every record.
Speaker 2: It's just like, you know. So it's that I actually flew.
Speaker 5: Bunky in to do a dance session because that's part of my audio home Bunky is a guy many Yeah, yeah, Bunky is like the originator.
Speaker 2: Yes, you know what I'm saying of.
Speaker 7: Destruct destruct but did because show Diddy was killing it.
Speaker 5: Yeah yeah, yeah, no, no, no, I'm gonna show y'all. Y'all know, everybody, come out to Brooklyn. I'm doing this constantly. I'm starting to do do you know, go out there and do shows and bring the frequency to take the you know, the the the frequency on the tour. Okay, I'm not told I'm not a human. I'm a frequency. I'm past human. Okay, I'm a frequency. So come out to Brooklyn. We're gonna be strutting with Corney Island Boardwalk is gonna be historic.
Speaker 2: I'm gonna keep I'm getting out there early to get on.
Speaker 5: The rides because it's about living life. Why go to amusement park and not get on the rides. I'm gonna get on the rise. I'm just you know, that's that's what we're doing.
Speaker 3: That one time you were thinking about buying purchasing BT mm hmm, is that still on your mind? And and and why because you got revoked?
Speaker 1: So was BT.
Speaker 5: Yeah, you know, I really I wanted to look at it. I mean there's no way to go unless you really kind of you know, go into acquisitions, you know what I'm saying. So right now I'm I'm really looking heavy on acquisitions and really building the world's biggest.
Speaker 2: Black media company. You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 5: I'm on my second mountain. I really feel like I'm just beginning in my career. I feel like my my purpose is sharpened, you know, and and I've gone from me to we. So it's like, you know, the things that I'm looking at are really really big moves. You know, I want to really take over Disney.
Speaker 2: You feel me.
Speaker 5: I want us because I know there's gonna be a shift. I know there's gonna be a change. I know the alien's coming. I know that, you know, the last shall be first, the first shall be last. I'm not gonna be sitting here surprised. I'm gonna be ready. You know what I'm saying as far as is how big and how bold my thinking is. And so you know, looking at where I have Revolt and where Revolt is at now is like one of the most profitable networks that are that are out there. We was able to pass, you know, as far as our digital footprint, you know, past complex that was a big thing for us. When we started, we didn't really own our own culture, and so now Revolt has really stepped into that, you know, to that position. So I was looking at BT and after when you're looking at buying a company, you got to do your due diligence to see if it if it fits your strategy, and so even before they decided not to sell it, it didn't make sense to me. So I basically had told them before that, but I didn't make an announcement about it because it really wasn't about that, you know, So you know, I'm looking at I mean exactly, but but I had to look and see the possibilities because BT is one of the most profitable companies because we only get one percent of advertising dollars. People don't know how crazy like like like like like people know how bad we get treated as people of color.
Speaker 2: But it's like, I don't think we really faced.
Speaker 5: The reality about the the that that that that we had more wealth when we was like slaves than we have now.
Speaker 2: You know what I'm saying, Like this is a reality. The numbers don't lie.
Speaker 5: And so when you b ET gets a agel portrait of black advertising dollars because they only give us one percent because that's what we accept.
Speaker 2: You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 5: So Revolt is definitely coming out here to change your tone, and I felt like combining the forces I could change the tone. I feel like the only way we're going to change your tone is by unifying, so unifying the black brands and getting a chance to be at that scale.
Speaker 2: And that's why I wanted to do it with Tyler Perry. I want to do things.
Speaker 5: I feel like we have to combine our money in order to take back what's ours and so you know. But when I was looking at it as far as me just doing it by myself, the dollars didn't make sense, so.
Speaker 2: I withdrew my offer before it.
Speaker 5: But it's the things I'm looking at are to really combine things and have the biggest, most powerful media company that we could be free with what we want to say and how we want to say it, because you know, like on here, one of y'all can still get fired for saying something black and really proud and really saying something that's right that you need to say that Revolt, you ain't gonna get fired.
Speaker 2: You feel me, so I should go over there.
Speaker 5: No, not necessarily, it's it's it's just it's it's just that, you know, it's it's beautiful.
Speaker 2: When you look at Revolt, you have to look at really what it is.
Speaker 5: It's the only thing that's owned by a man of color, a person of color.
Speaker 2: I mean, you have a radio one. Kathy Hughes. I'm sorry, shout out to Kathy Hughes.
Speaker 5: She's definitely we were talking about like from our culture that really is dealing with things like this that you know that that.
Speaker 2: When we need to go somewhere and say what's really.
Speaker 5: Going on, y'all gonna go to Revolt because seeing they ain't gonna have y'all.
Speaker 2: You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 5: ESPN, you say something wrong that's about sports, they get rid of that, get rid of you just.
Speaker 2: For speaking in your mind.
Speaker 5: And so if you can't speak your mind, you can't speak truth to power. Through the media, the media is the strongest form of anything, you know what I'm saying, anything, there's nothing more.
Speaker 1: A man who controls the media controls the mind.
Speaker 2: Yeah yeah, so so so so.
Speaker 5: We're revote, we're looking at making big moves because not because I need it because we need it as a people.
Speaker 2: We need a black free press.
Speaker 5: We need a place that we could go to and be free and talk how we want to talk and do what we want to do.
Speaker 4: Absolutely, and speaking of top me off real quick, speaking of one of my favorite.
Speaker 2: I don't know, you know, you know what I know, you can start up. You got to just live your life. I didn't. I didn't even know when when. I don't know. Yeah, we got off of that. He wants.
Speaker 6: It's reflets just no reason.
Speaker 2: Played.
Speaker 5: I played the pause game. But I'm unpossible. I'll be saying the most poising things. You know, I don't know what it's called freedom right.
Speaker 7: So speaking of Revolt being a place where you can go and if.
Speaker 5: This is our tiph anniversary of Revote anniversary Revote, we are proud. I'm saying we want to thank y'all officially the Breakfast Club. Y'all helped to put us on the map. You know what I'm saying, you'll help to get us in the game. We did some great things together and we're still family and the first.
Speaker 2: To believe in us.
Speaker 1: Yes, yes, BT, I mean BT got this idefferent Revolt.
Speaker 2: Yes, yes, yes, yes.
Speaker 5: Yes, y'all were with us, and how many how many know that's my vision. I saw y'all and I was like, I know that they starts. They got something that's going to break the internet.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, I saw y'all. That was me.
Speaker 3: I was like, did He was like, I want that camera, I want that view. I wanted to be gritty.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: See remember involved to see that.
Speaker 2: That's the thing with Diddy, is that y'all be trying to burn his receipts. No no, no, no, no, no no no, but hold on, hold on, hold on, hold on, everybody chill.
Speaker 5: So Diddy actually wrote the Breakfast Club They first check. Yeah, yeah, the first one to believe in them and take them Moti TV, yeah TV.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, we're talking about Answerley.
Speaker 5: And come yeah you too good on your ancleary income.
Speaker 2: Let me get my receipts. Take that.
Speaker 1: Man the check and all that check.
Speaker 2: Was. It was something. It was.
Speaker 5: It was a stepping stone, glorious career. Don't skip over it because I'm a black man, all right.
Speaker 2: It wasn't nobody nobody else to check.
Speaker 7: Are you gonna write nothing?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 7: And I know it to be much more now knowing that.
Speaker 6: How difficult was it to make the kim Porter record.
Speaker 2: It was extremely easy to make the kim Porter record.
Speaker 5: My desire for wanting to be in her presence somehow is a constant like thing that I yearned for, and so when I made that record, I really believe in the power of music.
Speaker 2: And so.
Speaker 5: I felt like if I made that record for her, that with the intentions of her her coming to visit me in my dreams, like I have the best of both worlds. I know I can't have any physical but to be able to just be able to like like that's my dog, like that's my friend. I wasn't just like my baby mama and my girlfriend. It was just like the only person that I listened to, you know what I'm saying. It was like my navigation and then like my navigation is off and I got to like try to find a map. That's how crazy, like you know, you know it was, And so I was just like I really know how powerful my music is. And so you know, I told Babyface the story and then I told John Legend, like this is why I don't.
Speaker 2: Want to make the record for streams. The record is like you know.
Speaker 5: It's a real like just like expression of love or real love letter to Kim. And you know what I'm saying, it's really how my love feels. And so it was beautiful to be able to do that. And she has come and visited me and my dreams after.
Speaker 2: Record, yeah, after I made that record.
Speaker 6: On the record in the middle, you say, you know, you know, Kim, I know you can hear me. Yeah, what was that in the dream if you don't mind us as.
Speaker 5: We were just talking shit smoke on the joint in the dream. It's a couple of times just just yeah, just just just what we do wasn't nothing. But I was saying, I know you can hear me because I'm sending the message to I'm sending that. I'm sending that frequency too because I believe like there's a whole other dimension and I don't think you like look back, you know what I'm saying. But I just needed her to just just just you know, just just to stay at the stay and come visit me.
Speaker 1: And you aren't featured on that record.
Speaker 6: It's baby facing John legend with it too hard to come up with a verse, or like you didn't like anything people were giving you, or you just didn't like no words could really express what you want to express.
Speaker 2: I just was just doing what felt right for the stroke. You know what I'm saying. You know, like you know if you man, why would you do that?
Speaker 5: Yeah, because because I don't know where your mind is at. When I'm thinking about strong, I'm thinking about my woman.
Speaker 2: I don't know. I can't get into none of this homophobic stuff y'all got going on. I don't. I don't.
Speaker 5: I'm just like, yah, I don't know y'all can play that game. I just like, I'm just me. I'm just seeing when I'm thinking about that, I'm telling you how I'm making the music.
Speaker 2: You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 5: I'm a scorpio king. I'm a scorpio. That's that's that's that's my thing. My thing is my stroke, baby, and that's my music. That's the vibe my music is. But you the stroke, your woman. Don't don't think about my stroke, think about your stroke.
Speaker 4: You think about thinking about envy, and then it's like a lot going on.
Speaker 1: This is awkward.
Speaker 2: You're awk with I don't know. I'm confused. I'm confused.
Speaker 5: Be comfortable within your skin.
Speaker 2: Problem, I'm very comfort and.
Speaker 6: Also in the record in the hook. You keep saying seven days, six nights. Yeah, what's the significance of that?
Speaker 2: Very good question.
Speaker 5: So you know, before the internet, if your girl and if your girl like wanted.
Speaker 2: To disappear on you, she was, man, she just go black.
Speaker 5: You be calling her mom's crap like, hey, hey, miss Porter, you know where Kim is at? Honey, I don't know where. I don't know what y'all doing. Don't put me in the middle of that. You be calling every place. You be outside, That's when stalkings start.
Speaker 2: You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 5: You be outside in the car like where she asked. She definitely not there. She had a girlfriends house. You don't even know this girlfriend. They and they on the run. They're on the lamb.
Speaker 1: You all go.
Speaker 5: All over the place and be six days, seven nights. I would be waiting just to hear the sound her.
Speaker 2: Voice, just to pick up that phone. Hello, yeah, hello. That's where the six days and seven nights waiting for her sound like. She was a very very like, stubborn, stand strong person.
Speaker 5: It's like when she would just disappear, it would like, you don't know if it would be forever.
Speaker 2: You feel me.
Speaker 6: The extension of last night kind of then yeah, last night, there's a bunch of records.
Speaker 2: I Need a Girl Part two.
Speaker 1: Wow do you regret not marrying her?
Speaker 2: M M No, I don't have any regrets, you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 5: Like, as I said, our relationship was was was bigger than just okay.
Speaker 2: This is a relationship.
Speaker 5: I got you, married, you my girl, you, my baby mom or this like you know what I'm saying, it's like the like the connection of beings, you know what I'm saying. And it really taught me, you know, how to love, and that's the way I love right now. So that's why I don't put different things in like categories like that because I feel like, you know, the people that's going really mad in your life, you know what I'm saying, made I don't know if it's going to be your wife, because that's the title you put on it, you know what I'm saying. I don't know if that's gonna be your best experience if that's you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 2: And so you know, my brother love, just love. It's just love, everybody.
Speaker 1: It's just love.
Speaker 2: It's not brother love.
Speaker 5: It's not a nineteen seventies new name it's a modern new name. It's just love, love, love, love love. When you see me, throw your l in the air, say love, love, love love.
Speaker 3: Now. After the VMAs, there was rumors that Young Miami was pregnant. She played into it.
Speaker 1: When was that that name?
Speaker 7: Yeah, I can't believe you didn't hear.
Speaker 2: So it's true.
Speaker 5: Kari should be throwing y'all for a spin. She I'm been telling y'all right now, k should be having fun. It'd be like a video game.
Speaker 2: We just we just asking, is you know?
Speaker 7: I mean no, no, no, I'm not pregnant.
Speaker 2: Is your wife pregnant?
Speaker 5: I'm gonna tell you straight up, you mean you beat?
Speaker 2: You beat the craziest one.
Speaker 5: Asking about somebody's girl or personal joint Became't nobody even say nothing to you about nothing?
Speaker 2: Right?
Speaker 5: Yeah, I don't know your play boy. I'm gonna tell you man that man, we don't. I don't talk about my relationships with nobody like that.
Speaker 3: Anybody asked me a question, you can ask me whatever you is.
Speaker 5: I'm not I don't care, but it's not my business. I'm not saying about you and another woman.
Speaker 3: If somebody disrespects it's another level.
Speaker 2: I can't even imagine somebody disrespecting me exactly.
Speaker 3: But that's that's my feeling, that's how I feel. It's easy for people to go online.
Speaker 5: I'm just I'm not I'm not coming.
Speaker 2: Coming.
Speaker 6: The beige rage was coming, the maige rage.
Speaker 2: It's going.
Speaker 5: Really, I don't know if you gotta go into the love frequency.
Speaker 1: And I agree with you, you gotta go.
Speaker 6: I told him that, yes, you've been having a year, so we gotta get him out of whatever frequent sage him or something, turn over you something.
Speaker 2: You've definitely been on the pup Dad, you've been.
Speaker 3: And then when I go to the may, I gotta take it too far?
Speaker 1: What I do.
Speaker 2: It's a problem.
Speaker 7: Yeah, he is drinking water, he's hydrating.
Speaker 2: I like that.
Speaker 3: I'm happy.
Speaker 5: It's the energy, the frequency is the energy of the celebration.
Speaker 2: God Pap God about it.
Speaker 5: Congratulations also to me being Diddy day returning back to music, being alive.
Speaker 2: Up this morning. I got a second chance. Oh man, it ain't nothing to get it.
Speaker 1: I want to ask you.
Speaker 6: You are a leader, and you are a person who disrupt systems. Yes, and you did that a couple of years ago with the Our Black Party, Our Black Party. Yeah, presidential election is next year? Are you bringing all Black Party back?
Speaker 5: I'm really in a reflective, a reflective like like mode of just like where my time is as far as solutions, you know, so when I look at like like change, I'm not looking at the regular.
Speaker 2: Way of solution.
Speaker 5: I'm looking into more radical things, right, I want like radical change. I don't want us like to be looking up twenty years later than the same thing's going on.
Speaker 2: You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 5: We have the sixtieth anniversary of March on Washington and things are actually worse.
Speaker 2: A lot of people don't really realize that.
Speaker 5: Martin Luther King's last words were, last time we went to to d C, we was marching to be you know, included now we're going.
Speaker 1: To DC to get the check.
Speaker 2: Yeah, okay, and so and so.
Speaker 5: You know, I think about some radical solutions. So that's why like empowered global. You know, it's a big thing for me.
Speaker 2: A solution for us to circulate our dollars, not for me to just talk about it.
Speaker 5: Political power was was something that as far as not not power, political political power us unifying uh and weaponizing our vote something I was, you know, looking at so I definitely have supported like one of the first you know, black political parties, But I'm still like working out the infrastructure.
Speaker 4: Clean up mess, clean up, Daddy mess, clean up.
Speaker 5: With the political party politics, I don't know if it's my solution.
Speaker 2: I think we're gonna have to get more impressive. I don't know if we.
Speaker 3: Voted, they gonna need it because a lot of people don't feel energized.
Speaker 1: Comical.
Speaker 2: But I can.
Speaker 5: I cannot tell you that that the political route is what's going to get to the change that I want. So I'm spending my time on just more radical things like our own digital main street, on economic power, because once we can turn our economic trajectory around, I think that's the only thing that I can save. It's just like putting the mask on first, what thing do you decide to put your time with? And so I'm really focused on economic power, you know, of us, you know as far as with you know, circulating our dollar and supporting us.
Speaker 2: So that's what empower Globals is about.
Speaker 5: I have other different things that are solutions with I thought it was a solution was you know, our Black Party, which was you know, going after political power. But I'm only one person and I want to do things I feel can have the most radical impact. And I think that right now fighting the economic war against corporate America as a whole, because even with you gotta understand, even with Diajo, it's not just about Dajo. It's not like, oh, Diago's a villain. This is going on across all of corporate America.
Speaker 2: And so that's that's the fight that I'm into right now.
Speaker 3: We seen you give a million to eyl Foundation and also to Jackson State and State.
Speaker 5: Yeah, yeah, yeah, I think I think it's about you know, I could I could come in, I could talk about it, or I could show you my receipts. You know what I'm saying. And that's all. I just want y'all to just with me. Just go let's let's let's look at the receipts. Let's not never go on with somebody saying, let's look at it. If they have the receipts, they have the numbers, and they have the things to back it up, is it adding up? Because I'm not gonna like run around and be, you know, ever just trying to prove myself. You know what I'm saying. My thing is to just do it, you know what I'm saying. And so when you see the things that I'm doing now, I'm you know, I'm.
Speaker 2: Going on a love rampage. You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 5: I ain't hiding nothing, I ain't scared nothing, it ain't. That's the season that I'm in. I'm filled with the Holy Spirit. And you could take this love or you could you can actually not take it. It's up to you. But I'm here to give that love.
Speaker 1: What you're gonna rephrase?
Speaker 2: Take that?
Speaker 1: Take that. You know I'm gonna.
Speaker 2: Shut help.
Speaker 5: No, No, it's it's it's it's it is.
Speaker 2: We keeping take that.
Speaker 5: But the frequency that's in it depends on what what what dimension you in. If you're in a LOWD dimension, you're probably not gonna be We ain't gonna be on that same level.
Speaker 2: You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 5: I'm not really for you if you're in a low dimension. If you're ready to come up to a high dimension, high frequency, That's where I'm at.
Speaker 6: What's success like in regards to this album? What would be a success for you?
Speaker 2: Mmmm?
Speaker 5: Just just I always I always may measure success with music. If somebody's at home singing the song while they're just cleaning up the house or you know, a card that's next to me and somebody's just in there singing it just for people to.
Speaker 2: Really really, you like, love the music as far as.
Speaker 5: You know, and some babies to be made and some some dances to be had, and you know it's to spawn just you know, more of this type of you know, more like love like.
Speaker 2: Man, woman, man, man, woman man.
Speaker 5: Whatever it is, right, whatever your love is, that feeling, bringing that feeling back and not just the toxic feeling because life needs a balance.
Speaker 4: And it's definitely album that people can enjoy each other to. Like you said, I think it's just the impact that it will have on you know, man and woman like together. It makes you want to talk to your partner. It makes you want to be like, oh you.
Speaker 2: Heard this, and it's cool for a woman or woman.
Speaker 4: Woman sorry man and or you know them to have whoever you know, just to really enjoy it.
Speaker 7: I want to you know for that. I love that. I actually like the back of what your jackets say.
Speaker 2: Yeah, this this is the slogan.
Speaker 7: Are we selling thoses? Anyway we can get those?
Speaker 1: You can?
Speaker 2: This is.
Speaker 5: Hopefully of like the role out we're gonna keep on like bringing y'all into it.
Speaker 2: I have to have this movie.
Speaker 5: Rollouts, and the fun of it's the fun of explaining your process. As I said, you know, some people have to do it for hustle, and I respect that some people.
Speaker 2: Do it for the art. And you know, you know, I love Scissor.
Speaker 5: I love Brent Faire as you know love Rice and Tiller, Chris ground Us, He's summer Walker Scissor.
Speaker 2: You know what I'm saying, Like, shout.
Speaker 7: Out to Brent from Columbia, Maryland. That's one of my brothers.
Speaker 5: Yeah, yeah, everybody, the whole R and B, all the producers, the whole R and B universe and family. Like even when I did the R and B Is Dead, it was just too to make sure that people we we got a perspective that R and B and hip hop are two different things. It's like we may look the same, but that didn't mean it be the same. R and B is like baseball. Hip hop is like soccer. It's not the same thing. It shouldn't be competing. It's not the same, you know, frequency, And so it limits the success of younger hip hop artists if they got to compete against I mean younger R and B artists. I'm sorry if they have to compete almost against in like a divide and conquer soulful musical situation.
Speaker 2: You know what I'm saying. So us coming together is gonna really shine light on light boom. This is R and B.
Speaker 5: We're our own category, you know what I'm saying. This is hip hop, they're their own category. We respect what each other does, but it's different. Yes, we're part of the same lifestyle or culture, you know. But this album, I think, with the Unity, is going to really make that clear.
Speaker 3: You know, I love I love the music. I love what you're doing with business. But the one thing I respect about you the most is how you all with your kids. Because that's the balance with this industry and most industries, right is you want to work hard, you want to get that check right because you want to support You want to make sure your kids have things that you didn't have. But a lot of times when we do that, we don't have the time. And when I look at Love or Diddy or Puff, you make the time. You're at the kids cheer, you know, playing with the baby, you know, on the floor in the grass, you're going around with the baby, you with your kids, whether it's music or acting, whatever it may be. And that's what I respect the most because I love seeing that because I feel like a lot of times when we talk about what we don't see a lot of times we don't see that enough. Yes, and I respect that the most when it comes to you.
Speaker 2: Thank you very much.
Speaker 3: And it's inspiring for most that because it's like shit, if Diddy can do it, Diddy worth a billy.
Speaker 2: I can do it.
Speaker 3: You know, if I'm worth ten thousand, if I'm worth one hundred thousand, if I'm working, it doesn't matter. But you could put that time in and we see what those seeds do.
Speaker 5: Yeah, Yeah, that's like me being on the stage with them the other night. It's just like so surreal. As I said, you know what I'm saying, with my son, but with my daughters and then my daughter she's an inspiring actress and just seeing seeing like man like like I did you know, I did something really good, Like I really like raised them because fathers, you know, we really get like we still got this stigma on this.
Speaker 2: You know what I'm saying. You know what I'm saying, And yeah, and it's just.
Speaker 5: Time to press reset. Man, forget all the stigmas. Who was in the past's what's in the now? And I get the same inspiration when I see your family, King, when I see you like I know you as envy, but that's the thing I respect about you, and be gonna have his family matching. They gonna be sitting there having like we designing the pajamas. It's Christmas. We doing the best Christmas card. We don't care what the car dash is doing. We got the best Christmas card.
Speaker 1: I can see all that.
Speaker 5: It has me like, yo, we gotta get you know, MV really putting it down on this. In Mexico they got all the same, you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 2: So it's it all, It all goes around, you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 5: It's it's as far as like you know, the things that are important to us, and it's like I think that the thing Black fathers have been able to get over the last couple of years is this this this unity and camaraderie as far as like yeah, now we we we we playing a part in this.
Speaker 2: Toobe Mama, you know what I'm saying, We got this too. But it's just like you know we we we learned it though from the black from the from the black woman, or the woman period. You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 5: You know, I learned it from the black woman. But you know the woman has taught us how to be better fathers.
Speaker 1: And a couple more questions. What is bad Boy Records?
Speaker 2: Now?
Speaker 5: Bad Boy Records right now is where everything's at with me totally. It's the second Mountain.
Speaker 3: So is it bad Boys?
Speaker 2: It Love Records? No?
Speaker 5: No, bad Boy Records is the hip hop label. Love Records is the R and B label, And so bad Boy Records is a part of the future. Love Records is a part of the future. So bad Boy has you know, my son on it right now. And you know, if I as as I get more into music and get my feet where I'm starting with R and B just because of the frequency of where.
Speaker 2: I'm at, you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 5: And yeah, so so right now, you know, both both are a part of the future plan of this multimedia company that I'm putting together that will empower all these different different categories.
Speaker 4: Yeah, and as far as your too, because you're about to go back on well, are you thinking of anybody to have opened up for you, like like are you gonna is it gonna be one man?
Speaker 7: You have a lot of features, so you could bring see that.
Speaker 5: But that's that's one of the things for me is like every night that you come see me, you'll see a different show.
Speaker 2: There be no two shows that are the same, you know.
Speaker 5: I like, as an artist, I'm like, yeah, my music is PT Bonum, you know what I'm saying, Like like the ring master.
Speaker 2: Of the circus, they call me P. D. Bonum. You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 5: And so every night you'll have a surprise. I'll take you on a musical journey and my touring and be different. I'll go set up in certain spots and for like three days, take over the city, bring the love, do do do everything to really you know, have have a certain impact on the city, you know, in a positive way. So it's a different touring plan. But my first my first tour day is gonna be overseas, you know what I'm saying. And and definitely we celebrating thirty years a bad Boy, So it'll probably be one of people's like last chances to see like the whole bad Boy family together on some of the joints and then you'll just see people that you want to see. In the way that I'm an unify and bring I bring the future of music together, bring them past the music together, but I bring that feeling together.
Speaker 2: That's my thing is. It's not about the ego. It's not about me, so about me giving you the best show that that your money can buy.
Speaker 1: Are we gonna see the JD Diddy versus Yeah, I.
Speaker 5: Think I think that you will say you'll see that when it when it's set up. I think I think that it's good.
Speaker 2: Like JD. It'll be fun because we both make records that are in the frequency. You know what I'm saying. And then and then you know, I would I would like to after that.
Speaker 5: I would like to see me and Doctor Dre dance or whoever whoever else wants to dance wants to dance.
Speaker 2: I think it's nothing but positive.
Speaker 5: Getting your music and displaying your music out there with people, it's all.
Speaker 2: It just makes everything sharp, you know what I say?
Speaker 3: Or would it just be just.
Speaker 6: You say you want next? If you want Dre next to me is JD and Diddy, R and B and remixes.
Speaker 2: I'm not gonna lie.
Speaker 5: You have so many styles. I can hit you with stuff that I hit you from Burning Boys last album that I had did. I could hit you with early Mary J. Blid stuff.
Speaker 2: I can hit you with artists that you never even knew that.
Speaker 5: I mean, I have so many different styles, Like you know, in Kung Food, they have the drunken monkey, they have the snake style, Cobra spider.
Speaker 2: I have like all them styles in the one. So so you can do a couple of versus, yeah yeah, yeah, yeah, so I could.
Speaker 5: I could do versus like a couple of times with whoever really wants to smoke. But you know that's that's that's really where we're at.
Speaker 6: You know what I love about this conversation. I really do see you vibrating on the higher frequency. And I don't know people knew like that. You know, a few years ago, I feel like you were like in a perpetual state of grief.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I feel like I see the healing.
Speaker 2: Yeah yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah yeah yeah.
Speaker 5: No. When we've spoken about this as far as like mental health, you're never too high, you know what I'm saying to like, like like most.
Speaker 2: People that have success, they like really like burn out.
Speaker 5: You know what I'm saying or go crazy or you know what I'm saying, it's it's not you know, there's there, there's there's different size to it. But just as people in general, nobody is nobody is immune to depression, nobody's immune to grief hard times. Just because you've been successful in anything or even if you I mean, whatever has been.
Speaker 2: The cause that are dealt to you.
Speaker 5: That's the one thing that unifies us, is like this anxiety and this mental craziness that that we that that has been a result both of the phones and the computers and just like you know, just being human, you know what I'm saying. So it's like that's a choice to go vibrate at a higher frequency. It's a choice to be kind. It's a choice to you know, step into your love frequency. And I've just made that choice. But it's a process. You have to go through, a metamorphosis. You gotta really tap into to God. You have to submit and let God and let go and go to wherever it tells you to go. It may tell you, it may tell you to fight harder, You may tell you to go into this you know what I'm saying. For me, it just told me to become love, you know what I'm saying. And so that's where I'm at, and I'm you know, it's a constant thing. I'm not like perfect, I'm not whatever it is, but that's what I'm on.
Speaker 2: I'm just on the love. I just I'd rather smile at you than anything else, you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 5: I'd rather work it out or get to the solution, or be a part of the success of you or the happiness of you. I don't want anything else but just to be, you know, giving that energy of.
Speaker 3: Ladies and gentlemen.
Speaker 1: Sean, yeah, Loiet.
Speaker 2: The album is out right, yes, right now.
Speaker 1: The album is really good, like really really good. It's very very problem.
Speaker 7: You can't call him that call him what what you call him? What did you say? What is his name?
Speaker 3: You can't call him.
Speaker 7: Only one person can call him, Sean Holmes, and you are not that person. Too bad, you don't. You don't keep up with Diddy. His name is Diddy.
Speaker 4: Ladies and gentleman, diddyng Angra.
Speaker 5: Thank you go get the Love album, y'all, get it, go get it right now. If you love R and B, you know me and can tell y'all who's on there and give a shout to everybody that's on there.
Speaker 2: Mary J.
Speaker 5: Blige, it's on there. We made our return from My Life on the Weekend. French Montana, Coco Jones, Summer Walker, Justin Bieber, John Legend, Tianna Taylor, uh Fabulous, the dream busterin Rohm's Dirty Money, Todd Dollars Signed, John Queeze, Kalane twenty one, Savage Sway, Lee Jeremiah, Jozzy Noble Wave, Caitlin for Real, for Real, a Niesia and yours truly her Diddy and her her Her, Thank you for having my back, herd Thank you, Jeff, thank you to everybody.
Speaker 2: Thank you to everybody ever worked with in New York. Your boy.
Speaker 5: When I'm outside and they see me, they see y'all, they see New York. Believe that New York stand up.
Speaker 1: What's up?
Speaker 2: Yeah right?
Speaker 1: Club Love, Wake that ass up her in the morning Breakfast Club,