Speaker 1: Today show is pre recorded.
Speaker 2: Y'all know what's time.
Speaker 3: Y'all don't know y'all at all.
Speaker 2: Soon given them a million.
Speaker 3: Bus bussing boy, yeah listening to to.
Speaker 4: I don't joy?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 4: Joy? You know you.
Speaker 5: Love you you. You gotta turn.
Speaker 4: To turn the mouth turn you probably got to turn the mouth out, turn the water the mon.
Speaker 6: Look me, come come on your.
Speaker 7: Huh, I said, Well, good morning everybody. You're listening to the voice, come on dig me now. One and only Steve Harvey got a radio show. I need everybody today, everybody that's listening. I need you to catch fire today. I want you to catch fire today. You want to phrase it another way, I want you to catch on fire today, But I need you to catch fire today. I need today to be today that you stop complaining and you do something. Do you know why a lot of people can't move forward in their life because they complaining about their past. They always complaining, man, about something that explains the reason why they are.
Speaker 2: Let me help you with this right here.
Speaker 7: If you are steady complaining about the reason you are, you know, if I hadn't met this man, if I hadn't have been involved with this woman, if I hadn't have had this baby, if I had never went down there, if I hadn't have got arrested, if I hadn't this, if I hadn't it at, if I had a just finished school, if I had to Hey, hey, hey, hey, stop stop all that stuff that you're complaining about, everything that you keep allowing to resonate with you as a reason to justify and explain you not being successful.
Speaker 2: Can I share something with you about all of that? Guess what it is? You done, got past all of it.
Speaker 7: You didn't have the baby, you got arrested, they didn't kill you, you didn't finish school, but you're still standing. You met that man, he gone, He involved with two other women right now, got three other kids.
Speaker 2: Guess what.
Speaker 7: You still here and the baby's here. You got over all the injustices that were done to you. You got something happened to you when you was a kid. You're an adult now. Somebody did something to you when you was a little boy. Guess what you a man now? Some things happen to you that you haven't found closure on. The person that you're looking for closure from has moved on. Can I tell you that everything that has happened to you. Do you know you've gotten pasted it? So why are you steady complaining about what has happened to you that has caused you to be in this position? But do you understand that it's prohibiting you from moving forward? Stop complaining today, catch fire, Let your pass be your past. I've told this to you one hundred times on this radio, but I'm gonna.
Speaker 2: Say it again.
Speaker 7: Bishop Jakes told me something man that helped me so greatly. You can't drive your car if you gonna keep looking in the rear view mirror. That's why the windshield is huge. The windshield is huge. The rear view mirror is this tiny thing that sits up there.
Speaker 2: Now all is far.
Speaker 7: It's so you can see stuff that's coming up on you. All the rearview mirror for is so you can assure yourself, Oh, listen to this. The realview mirror is imp there to assure you that you've cleared something.
Speaker 6: See.
Speaker 2: That's what the rearview mirrors for.
Speaker 7: So when you pass the can you want to switch lanes, you can glance up there and it says, okay, you're clear.
Speaker 2: Now you passed it. You can switch lanes. That's all the rearview mirrors.
Speaker 7: For it ain't for you to stare at and dictate your life with what you're tripping for. Man, catch fire today today, Man, quit complaining about everything that did happened to you. Life is ten percent. What happens to you is ninety percent. What you do about what happens to you? What are you going to do about it?
Speaker 2: So what I got all this?
Speaker 7: Look, man, your story ain't no deeper than nobody else's. I can tell you I was homeless for three years. It's people been homeless for thirty years. How long I'm gonna ride that out?
Speaker 6: Man?
Speaker 2: You know I can't do nothing right now. I fell on hard times and I lost my place to stay.
Speaker 7: Where you staying now? See the majority of people are staying somewhere right now.
Speaker 2: I was out there. I didn't have nowhere to go. I'm in a shelter.
Speaker 6: Now.
Speaker 7: You was under the bridge a week aldgo You in the shelter. Now, why you can still crying about the bridge? You in a shelter now?
Speaker 8: Man?
Speaker 7: You know how you find your purpose? You get in touch with who created you. Because when God made you, he had a purpose in mind. Now we've ignored it and we haven't tapped into it. But we all had a purpose. You don't, and it's sometimes it takes people longing to discover the purpose. Colonel Sanders was frying chicken with a recipe that he was telling people was the best chicken in the world. Ain't nobody believe him till he turned seventy? Why you think the dude on the Kentucky Fried Chicken signs is old. That dude ain't twenty up there he oh, he oh, But you know what, he had been frying that chicken for forty some years. They just found out about it when he was seventy. But he didn't give up his purpose in life. This dude was just frying chicken. See, people keep looking for their gifts in all kinds of places when it's right there in you.
Speaker 2: You ain't got to go to school to find your gift. You're born with.
Speaker 7: The gift that God got for you. You'll go to school to tack it on to something else. But your gift was already given to you.
Speaker 2: You were born with that.
Speaker 7: You don't have to go to college to know your gift. Your college allows you to enhance it and to find something to attach it to and Hopefully you get a degree that attaches your gift to a vehicle where it can work. The problem with college is we go to college and we attach it to what we like or what we might be passionate about.
Speaker 2: That we ignore the gift we have.
Speaker 7: You know how many people and graduated from college ain't doing nothing they went to college for. Come on, man, you know why because you discover in life your gift. You discover what you was born to do. I wasn't bought, you know what I mean? You know what my major was in college? It was advertising. I can't be at no death, drawing, no picture for nobody. But now guess what I can wake up every day and guess what I can tell you. I advertise. I've been advertising my career. Come see me live. Come see me live at Madison Square, guard Come see me live at Phillips A Wreena. Come see me live at Jokers Comedy Club. Come see me live at Percy's. Come see me live at Elisis Tavin. Come see me live. I've been advertising the whole time, but I had a different purpose in mind because I went and I talked to God.
Speaker 2: And this is how you do it.
Speaker 7: You go talk to God and say, hey, God, look, okay, this is the deal. I've been struggling here. I'm over forty. I still haven't found my purpose in life. Okay, but so I can quit wasting any more time. Would you help direct me and guide me to my purpose? I know you created me to do something. I just haven't found what it is. And the reason I haven't found what it is because I've been doing things my way. I ain't been checking what you, conferring with you on anything. I ain't locked in. I tried to settle it up with you. I've been just doing my thing. Well, my thing has gotten me as far as it can get me. How about you take over and do your thing now? Can you direct me in my path? I'm an open book. Treat me like a piece of clay. I'm telling you, man, if you go to God, he'll give it to you. But see you have not because you ask not. How many times have you asked God for it?
Speaker 2: This ain't no magic trick, y'all. This is the deal.
Speaker 7: You got to catch fire today. Catch fire today, I am. I'm excited about today. I've got a lot to do.
Speaker 1: You're listening morning show.
Speaker 7: Ladies and gentlemen, we are here. We have arrived at another blessing is called today. We have arrived at another gift is called the President. We have arrived at.
Speaker 2: Another moment in time that none of us have ever been granted before. It's called now.
Speaker 6: Man.
Speaker 7: I thank God for now, for today, for a new opportunity. I thank God for helping me and my wife survive all of it. I thank God for friendships. I thank God for praying people. I thank God for those people who love us.
Speaker 2: Man.
Speaker 7: Thank you Lord, Thank you for whatever you're doing behind the scenes that I'm unaware of. Thank you, Heavenly Father, cause you done kept us through it all, and you will keep us through all this too.
Speaker 2: We say thank you. We give honor in God to God Almighty. Man O man o man.
Speaker 7: We feeling good, were stronger, we together, everybody looking good. This is Steve hall water show. He ain't through with me yet. You know, I wish y'all was, but he ain't. I really thank God here. I wish y'all would go somewhere and sit down. Steve Harvey and Mardorie Harvey ain't got no problem.
Speaker 2: We are wonderful. God is good man, nice tribe. But it didn't work.
Speaker 7: Yeah, it's happening to me. And I like bringing up cause like tell people how good God.
Speaker 2: Is, period.
Speaker 7: And one of my reasons for being tested is just to show people that you're supposed to like Isaac Karee had that song?
Speaker 8: What was that song? Isaac kare.
Speaker 7: Praise him in the middle of him, And we're in the middle of it, and I'm still giving him praise and honor.
Speaker 2: I'm trying to do the best I can. Man.
Speaker 7: Now, I heard somebody say good morning, Shirley Strawberry calling for real Mississippi Monica and Junior moaning. Somebody said, Steve, just keep praying for your enemies. My direct and immediate response was, wow, I hope all of them get big ass hemorrhoids and they bus while they're Disneyland.
Speaker 8: That was my prayer so bad?
Speaker 2: That wasn't the right pend was. I didn't say it was a prayer. I said my whole thought.
Speaker 7: I know, I've learned not to pray for the demise of my enemies. I did ask God one time to remove somebody from earth, and he didn't.
Speaker 2: And that's when I knew I wasn't supposed to pray for many minutes. Was a long time ago. Long we talking about twenty seventeen. Oh no, no, oh no, no, I was in my twenties. No one time. I didn't know God worked like that. I didn't know he didn't do evil on no behalf.
Speaker 7: I just I didn't care how he did it. I would just had prayed that he was removed from the earth, just as long as he go to Hell or whoever you go take. Could you take him today?
Speaker 2: You got the look at the answer you rich today?
Speaker 6: You know that was no prayer.
Speaker 2: I didn't know what to tell you're rich today.
Speaker 7: I wasn't rich at the end, though I probably delayed it for a while. I set you back a minute.
Speaker 1: Yeah, all right.
Speaker 9: Coming up at thirty two minutes after the hour, we'll hear from Junior in for the nephew as he runs that prank.
Speaker 1: Back right after this, you're listening Morning show.
Speaker 9: Did you know that if you're an employer who's hiring, the average cost for hire space to five thousand dollars, So you're investing that much money into each new hire. You want to get it right right, So what's the most effective way to find the best.
Speaker 1: People for your roles? Zip recruiter.
Speaker 9: You can post jobs for free so you can see for yourself how effective zip recruiter is at helping you hire. Four out of five employers who post on zip recruiter get a quality candidate within the first day. Go to ZipRecruiter dot com slash strawberry to try ZipRecruiter for free that ZipRecruiter dot com slash s t r A w B E r r Y. All right, it is time to run that prank back with Junior in for the nephew. Junior, what do you have on the menu for us today?
Speaker 2: Your wife cheeting on both of us. Let's okay.
Speaker 8: Hello, I'm trying to reach tears please.
Speaker 10: My name is Mark. How you doing, brother? I work with with your wife Veronica. Were on the same sales floor together. I think I met you before, but I don't know if you remember meeting me. But I work at the job with Veronica.
Speaker 6: Is everything on right there?
Speaker 11: Or what's going on?
Speaker 3: No?
Speaker 10: No, no, everything straight at the job. Not a problem at all at the job. But I wanted to is everything on right?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 8: Yeah, yeah, she's all right, She's perfectly fine.
Speaker 2: Man.
Speaker 10: I just I just you know, I actually, like I said, my name is Mark Man. You don't remember me, Terrence, But I just wanted to talk to you. Like I say, you know, I got some things on that's been bothered me for a minute, and I you know, I just I just kind of wanted to reach out to you and you know, just kind of have like a little little heart to heart.
Speaker 2: Talk with you.
Speaker 10: Man, so maybe you know, uh, you know, we can get things in a a in a better position. But I just wanted I just wanted me and you to have a conversation.
Speaker 6: Wait, manute, how did you get my veronical?
Speaker 11: Give you my number?
Speaker 6: How did you get my number? That's what I'm trying to like, what's going on?
Speaker 10: I mean I had I had, I've had your number. I just I just I just had never reached out to you before. But like I say, though, man, this this, this has been bothered me for a minute, and I wanted to get it off my chest so you and I can try to, I guess, fix this whole issue.
Speaker 8: But I just want us to see if we can fix it.
Speaker 6: You know, we fix the issue.
Speaker 11: What's the issue?
Speaker 6: And I don't understand I'm not following you.
Speaker 11: I don't understand what, like, what is the issue.
Speaker 8: So, like I said, I went on and got.
Speaker 6: Talk to me.
Speaker 11: What's going on?
Speaker 8: Okay, your wife, man is cheating on both of us. We gotta do something about this.
Speaker 2: Man.
Speaker 11: Did you say she's eating on them? Both of us.
Speaker 8: Is cheating. She is cheating on the both of us.
Speaker 11: Bronte, This sounds like you said, cheating.
Speaker 8: I don't know what you Veronica. Listen to me, tears.
Speaker 10: Veronica is cheating on both of us, me and me, you know, and we gotta, we gotta figure out what we're gonna do.
Speaker 6: Man.
Speaker 10: But as a husband, I gotta you gotta, I'm gonna need you to step up and get this thing in order.
Speaker 11: What you're talking about, Veronica is cheating on me with you.
Speaker 8: No, no, he cheating on both of us with somebody else.
Speaker 9: I know.
Speaker 10: I've been noticing her going out with this, you know, going to lunch with this other cat. So I'm like, I got pissed off about it. So I said, you know what, I can't take it no more.
Speaker 11: Ten you saying to me that my wife has been cheating around a job with somebody else.
Speaker 8: She cheating on both of us.
Speaker 11: Dude, I don't get what you mean. If my wife is cheating on I mean, you calling me to tell me that she's cheating around me. I appreciate that, but I don't get what you're saying.
Speaker 6: You know, both of us.
Speaker 11: I don't get that fun. I don't understand what you mean.
Speaker 10: Me and Veronica been you know, kind of cool. You know, last eight months to a year, we've been, you know, pretty tight here at the job.
Speaker 8: You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 11: So listen what you mean y'all been cool? That's what I don't understand.
Speaker 6: Like, what do you mean y'all being cool?
Speaker 11: Because that's my wife. Tell me what you're talking about.
Speaker 8: Okay, all I'm saying is me and me and me and her been real cool. We've been real tight.
Speaker 11: You know.
Speaker 10: Sometimes we take lunch and then you know, don't come back. That's our thing though. But you know now, you know, I'm noticing. You know, she she didne went out, you know, she didn't went to lunch a couple of times with his brother named Alan, And I'm like, okay, no, no, I ain't finna go down like this here.
Speaker 8: You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 11: Are you my wife?
Speaker 6: Man?
Speaker 8: Hey, that's that's not why I called you.
Speaker 11: I called you to my wife. That's what I want to know.
Speaker 10: I'm telling you about this dude named Alan. I need you to step up as the husband and fixed this.
Speaker 11: But you're telling me that my wife is cheating on both of us. There's no cheating on both of us. If she's she's cheating on me. You telling me that you're with my wife too, that you've been messing around with my wife.
Speaker 6: That's not.
Speaker 10: That's not the part I'm trying to talk about it. I'm trying to talk about this dude named Alan.
Speaker 6: Man.
Speaker 8: That's what I'm trying to get out.
Speaker 11: To get to Alan. We're doing to get to Alan. You saying that my wife plan it's some crazy yo. You know what, Man, I'm about to put my foot right up your because they don't play those games with her.
Speaker 6: She with me.
Speaker 11: We messing around, we're doing this and doing that.
Speaker 6: It doesn't work like that.
Speaker 11: Do you understand what I'm saying?
Speaker 8: Dude, I hear what you're saying. But the beef ain't with me. The beef is with Alan. No, she messing over. She messing over both of us with Alan.
Speaker 11: Dog, I'm about to call her three because some right here.
Speaker 8: I'm telling hold on, bro I just want you to deal with I'm at I'm at the job.
Speaker 11: Yeah, I'm about to put my foot on your understand.
Speaker 8: Now, I hear you, man, Alan is the one that then blew this thing out of proportion. Dog. She messing over me and you with this here.
Speaker 11: There ain't no me and you. I don't share. Do you see what I'm saying?
Speaker 8: Yeah, I hear you.
Speaker 6: You about me?
Speaker 11: You don't hear me. There's no sharing that goes on over here?
Speaker 8: Okay, I do, I do. I'm just saying, you know, what are you saying?
Speaker 6: Me? Right here?
Speaker 11: I'm about to come up here? Where you at?
Speaker 6: Right now? Where are you at?
Speaker 10: I'm at the job where where Ronnie at? I call her Ronnie? I'm at the job where Ronnie at? We call her Ronnie. I call Ronnica Ronnie. I mean, that's my little nickname to it. All right, But hold on, hold on, Ronnie.
Speaker 6: You'll she right here, she's right there, she right here, right here?
Speaker 8: Okay, cool man here, cool, But can I tell you what she's saying?
Speaker 11: I don't want to hear what she said. I'm on the phone right now, okay.
Speaker 8: But can I tell you what she's telling me? To tell you.
Speaker 11: She ain't telling you to tell me a damn thing, because the only thing that you want is put.
Speaker 10: Up your Okay, okay, but but but Ronnie wants me to tell you this man. Just listen to me, Terrence. She wants me to tell you that this is nephew Tommy from the Steve Hobby Morning Show.
Speaker 8: You just got pranked by your wife, Veronica.
Speaker 11: You know what, I don't play this ballad up.
Speaker 6: I'm gonna give your old school.
Speaker 9: No.
Speaker 11: I'm not all right. I'm in the comms that I was on my way over there about to go to jail, messing around with y'all.
Speaker 10: Hey, let me ask you this man, what is the baddest and I mean the baddest radio show in the land.
Speaker 11: You already know.
Speaker 6: Show.
Speaker 2: Yeah, sure, this is right right there.
Speaker 1: All right, all right, that's all we got. That's all we can say. All right, Junior, thank you.
Speaker 9: Coming up next, it is asked the CLO with our Chief Love Officer, Steve Harvey. You're listening Steve Harvey Morning Show, coming up at the top of the hour. In entertainment news, Jeezy has reportedly filed for divorce from Gennie Mai after only two years of marriage. Sierra's response to her yeah co parenting question is hilarious and Nellie, We've been waiting for this for a while. Nelly confirms that yes, he and a Chanti are back together.
Speaker 1: Whoa, we love that and whoop we go.
Speaker 9: Berg has a folding chair necklace. We'll tell you all about that. It's coming up at the top of the hour. Right now, it is time to ask the clo Here we go. Jesselyn and south Haven says, my husband is a delivery driver and he's always got sweets like cakes, pies and cookies that ladies love for him, leave for him, I should say on their doorsteps.
Speaker 1: He said.
Speaker 9: The old housewives call him sexy, but they're harmless and he doesn't flirt back.
Speaker 1: Should I trust him?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 7: Yeah yeah, and shared all them cakes. You ain't gonna war. You don't have to wear about his fat.
Speaker 1: Ass going nowhere, no hum being sexy?
Speaker 2: Yeah, he eat all them damn cakes. Yeah that's sexy. Title.
Speaker 7: I don't know if he really is sexy and now, but don't worry about it. Yeah, it ain't nothing to worry about.
Speaker 6: You know.
Speaker 2: He told you how he got the cakes and pies.
Speaker 1: He told you so he didn't lie.
Speaker 7: You're saying, yeah, it ain't nothing up. They leave stuff for him. You know how old people do. Banked your something, I banked you something.
Speaker 2: You like, cook it what your favorite pie is, nor Jesus, that's mine too. That's all it is. Don't even worry about that, all right?
Speaker 9: All right?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 6: Uh?
Speaker 9: Moving on to Adrian in the Bay Area, who writes, I'm an assignment in another state and my husband didn't go home two nights in a row. He doesn't know I put a camera in the garage. He wasn't at his mom's house, so where was he? Should I tell him about the camera before he lies?
Speaker 8: Listen to me.
Speaker 2: If you gonna set the trap, set the trap.
Speaker 7: Now you got a camera in the garage. He ain't been home. Already tell you. I'm already gonna tell you what he said. What I parked on the street. I already know what he goes, because.
Speaker 2: That's what I'll say.
Speaker 7: Uh, I put it in the garage. I park on the street, walk on up to the door. Sometimes I feel like parking in the garage. I call be right there in front of the house. Got camera out there too, Na, I put it in the garage. Well see that why you don't see me coming in? Oh, I'm already gonna.
Speaker 2: Tell you what it is.
Speaker 1: So she shouldn't tell him about the camera. You're saying you need another camera outside?
Speaker 7: Who got their only camera in the damn garage? What everybody got them? Doughbells now?
Speaker 6: Oh?
Speaker 10: Ring?
Speaker 6: Yeah?
Speaker 7: Yeah, you gotta get one of them before you, you know, start all this here. Because right now, two nights he ain't been home. Do I tell him about if you tell him that?
Speaker 8: Guess what?
Speaker 2: Why don't you just ask him? Baby?
Speaker 10: At night?
Speaker 7: Way you park, just see if you if that, don't come in, baby, So when you come home, where do you put the car?
Speaker 2: And just see what he's saying? Okay, well he don't go about you. What would you say?
Speaker 7: Well, see if if if if, I don't know you got a camera, baby, I put the car in the garage. Well I got a camera in there, and I ain't seen it in todays. That's because I put it on the street. Oh I didn't say I put it in the garage empty because sometimes I don't feel like backing out.
Speaker 2: I just getting ready to go to work. At you going out there? Jump on in the street, all right?
Speaker 9: Moving on to Betty and t Neck, Betty writes, I'm dating a new guy and we like to drink and have a good time. But there's one problem. As soon as I buy it, he drinks it all up. He drinks all the good stuff up like it's water. Do I start buying cheap liquor for him or tell him to bring his own?
Speaker 7: Yeah, y'all, Now, y'all dates is byoldb. Yeah, byld B. Y'all drinking too much? And then why don't you stop buying? Since y'all like to drink, why don't you let some of y'all other people buy the drinks? And then you'll see what he buy and then see because a lot of people, I'm gonna tell you, man, like if I'm if I'm going out with some people, uh huh, I watch what they ordered. But then if I tell him I'm taking out, they're oh, lord us all y'all got louis.
Speaker 2: The good stuff.
Speaker 7: I was with a dude one time, I say, man, drinks on me, fellas, Hey, y'all got macallum thirty years saying thirty year.
Speaker 2: Damn.
Speaker 7: I took a dude to a mcallum bar one time. That was me, jui, you want to tell him what you did?
Speaker 12: I had no idea I had ordered other Steve had knocked the menu out my hand.
Speaker 2: I didn't you ordered. Man came up to Jr. Jr.
Speaker 7: Came up because you know, he got this macallum. All the mcallums is here. So Junior wanted at the one he wanted. He said it, give me that one right there. They had forty on it. Yeah, the man said yes, but it was forty years right, So the man said. I wasn't paying no attention. I just heard the man say exquisite choice. And I looked up with exquisite choice in this restaurant, it's a cigar lounge.
Speaker 2: Exquisite choice.
Speaker 3: I looked at what.
Speaker 7: Say, Junior, what did you order? Ordered them long for forty right here? I snapped that many? No, damn forty dollars, that's forty year. You had ordered a drink that was twenty eight hundred.
Speaker 2: Dollars, squizzy. That man said, e E equizite choice with the white.
Speaker 7: You know, I've been going to the cigar lounge and I've heard it said it to me a couple of times.
Speaker 2: Exquisite choice. God, try some different stuff, he told you an exquisite choice. I started breathing. I said, I looked up over. I said, excuse me, man, what he said? That's an exquisite choice?
Speaker 6: Come?
Speaker 2: Come in man, What did you just tell this man? Pray? You said that one right there?
Speaker 6: Uh?
Speaker 7: That ain't no fardy, that's forty year macallum, not much. That is two thousand, eight hundred dollars a shot.
Speaker 2: I slept in me me, like, don't get this twelve year of macallum.
Speaker 1: A twelve year.
Speaker 2: About thirty dollars?
Speaker 1: Yeah, I had no more in your price range.
Speaker 2: But he knocked menu out my hand and looked away.
Speaker 7: Because I've never heard that man say that. I've been going there for a long time. It's a place in l A.
Speaker 9: Choice, all right, last one, last one? Tabby and Frisco says. My husband and I went to rival colleges, and we usually go to our game together. But my team won last year, so he doesn't want to go with me this year. This has been our thing for seven years, So why is he being such a sored loser?
Speaker 1: Should I stay home or go?
Speaker 2: Because he lost.
Speaker 8: Rival colleges?
Speaker 2: He lost?
Speaker 7: He mad, he you holling, He's sitting there next to you. You and he know the team they got this year. They didn't get his dwe last year that he know this writing on the wall. You know y'all gonna get him again. He don't want to go.
Speaker 2: He is so lose, Go and go to the game. Leave him making out.
Speaker 1: All right, all right, thank you, Clo. Coming up at the top of the hour, we'll have some entertainment news for you right after this exquisite choice. You're listening hard morning show.
Speaker 9: Well, guys, we just said Jeezy as our special guest on the show a little while ago, and we didn't see this one coming. But according to the Atlanta Journal Constitution, JZ has filed for divorce from his wife, Genie May, after less than three years of marriage. The divorce filing states that Jay Wayne Jenkins, of course g Z, we know him as g Z, and Genie May are currently living in a bona fide state of separation, and that their marriage is irretrievically broken and with no hope for reconciliation. The documents also state that GZ is seeking joint physical and legal custody of their twenty month old daughter, Monaco.
Speaker 7: So let me ask you a question. This is a question so GZ filed for divorce? Yes, And how did the Atlanta Constitution find out?
Speaker 2: Public record?
Speaker 6: Public?
Speaker 10: Publicly?
Speaker 8: Yeah?
Speaker 1: I mean it's everywhere.
Speaker 7: Oh okay, So if people really are getting a divorce, it would be on public records somewhere, especially if they famous. Yes, So you mean you mean a beat reporter would see a person's name and be able to report that as fact.
Speaker 2: Yeah, what did you get down there?
Speaker 1: I'm trying to see what?
Speaker 2: Yeah, where are you going? Marriages and divorce is a public record?
Speaker 8: Public really?
Speaker 6: Yeah? Yeah?
Speaker 7: Okay, so if I was getting a divorce, that would be public record.
Speaker 1: If you know, you're making this about you?
Speaker 2: We just talking about Jesus.
Speaker 1: Yeah, we just talked about Yeah, okay.
Speaker 2: We're moving on.
Speaker 1: This was trying to make sure that's how it go you know how it goes.
Speaker 2: Are you saying anybody seeing yours on public record?
Speaker 6: What?
Speaker 2: I'm moving on?
Speaker 6: That's what?
Speaker 9: And it has been trending all weekend and in a recent interview with The Shade Room, singer and mom, Sierra could not control her laughter when she was asked about how the co parenting is going with her ex fiance Future. They share a son, of course, Future Junior together, take a listen, and.
Speaker 2: Last question is like, what is a co parenting like for you guys?
Speaker 1: I feel like, yeah, laugh it up. Yeah, words needed, no words needed.
Speaker 2: Yes, that was our answers.
Speaker 1: She said what she said, She laughed, how she laughed?
Speaker 12: Yeah, it's hard hard. So making all this money, yeah, don't ee know co parenting? When you make eighty million a season, A nobody co parenting?
Speaker 9: All right, So we're really happy about this next story because we've wonted this for a while. We already knew this, but Nelly has confirmed that yes, he and Ashanti are officially dating again. Yes, Nellie, what's wrong?
Speaker 2: Junia? What now going? What's going?
Speaker 9: Nellie was a guest on the podcast Boss Moves with Rashida, and when asked if he and a Shanti are dating again, he responded, yeah, we cool again. I think it surprised both of us though it wasn't anything that was like, I don't know planned. I think we both were pretty much doing what we do, but sometimes being separate you understand one another more. Shanti and Nelly first began dating back in two thousand and three. They dated for ten years before ending things in twenty thirteen.
Speaker 1: So hopefully this won't be another ten years.
Speaker 2: They need to get married.
Speaker 13: Yeah, and Ashanti was gonna be like Beyonce and Jay in the day that powered couple.
Speaker 6: Get me.
Speaker 2: Yes, yeah, okay what Steve yes, Steve yes, I have another question.
Speaker 1: I'm sick of your question.
Speaker 7: What so you mean to tell me if Nellie say they together? If Nellie, if it come out Nelly's mouth that they are together, he said it, Yes, you mean that's what they go with? Yes, yes, yes, Wait wait, all of the blobs and stuff is running.
Speaker 2: With that one because he said yes.
Speaker 1: Okay, another question, questions.
Speaker 2: Then I tried something.
Speaker 7: Me and Marjorie have no marital problems and we're doing wonderful. Ain't nobody filed for divorce? And we on grand baby watch right now, and we are happily married, and there has been no infidelity in our relationship. Can any can I say that and they.
Speaker 2: Run with that that abody? Ain't nobody anybody believe you?
Speaker 6: Right?
Speaker 2: That's what's crazy over You said.
Speaker 7: I'm gonna have to stop, y'all gonna have to stop doing this day, y'all gonna trust and believe Nelly.
Speaker 2: Hey, y'all gonna have.
Speaker 12: To believe on the Steve, Hey, let's go ahead just say Shirley Colors, go ahead and say it.
Speaker 2: Let's go ahead and say it.
Speaker 12: Shorty cou you lost your wife to Yo security going, let's go ahead to put it out there.
Speaker 7: Oh oh oh, hey, I got something it's funny to tell y'all. Hold up, Junior, I got something funny that. I got the funniest Boomerange story the year.
Speaker 2: I'm glad and.
Speaker 7: When we come back, I got the ultimate Boomerange story about the whole thing.
Speaker 2: When we come back.
Speaker 7: Uh, boy, I talk boomerang. I had to call JT and have him repeat.
Speaker 8: It to JT.
Speaker 2: We laughed so damn hall. You know, we ran to have some classic things over the years.
Speaker 7: Yeah, when we come back, come on, the ultimate boom isn't when we come back?
Speaker 9: All right? Coming up in twenty minutes after you heard it from Steve, he's got a boomerang story for a your right after this.
Speaker 1: You're listening morning show. All right, Steve, you have a boomerang story for us. You can't wait to tell us?
Speaker 8: What is it?
Speaker 2: Please? All right? Everybody know me and Boomerang. We've been boys for a long.
Speaker 1: Time, years and years yeah, and you.
Speaker 7: Know, Boom kind of aggravated by these rumors out here about it. So me and Boom was talking this week as Boom, give a damn that man.
Speaker 2: We know each other. Man, y'all like family.
Speaker 7: Tell me, but you know, dog, what pissed me off was they tried to get me with that a one attraction. And that's what pissed me off. I said, waitmen, dog, what they tried to get you with?
Speaker 9: What?
Speaker 2: Boomerang? He said, they tried to get me with that a one attraction.
Speaker 7: So I've been knowing Boomerang a long time, so I had to kind of work through what he might be saying. I said, I said, Boom, what are you talking about? He said, You know how they try to make it sound like you said somebody, wasn't you talking? I said, hold up, dog, that ain't a one attraction. I say, that's AI. That's artificial intelligence. He thought it was a one attraction. You know, when they make it sound like you said something. You tried to put that a one attraction on me?
Speaker 6: Dog?
Speaker 2: You know gooding hell, well, it ain't me. I said, that's not a one that's artificial intelligence.
Speaker 9: Boy.
Speaker 7: I got on the phone and called j T, my old barther. I said home to j T. You said you had laughed in a couple of weeks. Boom, tell him what they put on you on the internet. Because I hadn't let him know it was AI yet okay, because I needed j J. Dog.
Speaker 2: They trying to put this on me. Dog, you know goodn't hell? Well? I don't do no mess like that. They put that a one.
Speaker 7: Attraction attraction, said j T. He trying to say AI AI artificially intelligence.
Speaker 6: Boy.
Speaker 2: We was on the phone. I laid in the grass at rich.
Speaker 1: You knew Boom has a way with words and phrases.
Speaker 7: Either away with words or don't know no word either one bold.
Speaker 2: We laughed. So damn call John Dan He called you kill Yeah, he called, told me why you got to left? He told me what Bull said the a water attraction. I told her. He said, man, it's a shame. He an author, He an author.
Speaker 1: But what does he say when you tell him it's a I What does he say?
Speaker 2: When he laughed hardy laughing. We was on that soul laughing and we've been laughing like this, damn the twenty some years. Yeah, I was in the grass land. I'm mess around and my foot was on an ant bed. I looked down.
Speaker 7: My whole damn right leg is covered by ends. I had to walk the ass in the lake. Oh yeah, I just I just went and stood in the lake up to my knee.
Speaker 2: Oh that's all for me. Yeah, boy, I was laughing so damn hard.
Speaker 8: For finally laughing.
Speaker 2: Thank you.
Speaker 1: Yes, all right, coming up in thirty four minutes after the hour. Back so soon.
Speaker 9: Sister Odell is going to join us. She had some inspirational words for Junior on anniversary. Yeah, we'll talk about it right after this.
Speaker 1: You're listening morning show, all right, as promised. She is here, sister O'Dell.
Speaker 2: There she is, was lo.
Speaker 14: Hey man rescued me. Wow, Hellen, good morning's every once?
Speaker 2: Good morning? Good morning, hey Carly, hi's you sweetie? I'm good, sin Sir Dale, how you do nine hours? How'd your baby?
Speaker 6: Tah?
Speaker 13: She's doing her she's running track now, yes, ma'am she does no John, Oh Jesus, that's good, yes, ma'am.
Speaker 2: Oh monikey high a junior. Hi boy, Charlie.
Speaker 1: How's you doing, sister Odell? I'm doing well? Thank you? How are you good?
Speaker 6: Good? Good?
Speaker 2: Everything is wonderful, wonderful. What's going on?
Speaker 9: Well, you know, Junior just celebrated his one year anniversary over the weekend, and we know you've been married a few times, sister Odell, So we want to ask you, bring.
Speaker 1: You on and see if you had any advice for Junior.
Speaker 2: It just depends on what's going on. Is something wrong Junior? Everything all right?
Speaker 15: Uh?
Speaker 13: No, ma'am, everything is great, said o Dale. We just want to make it to see how you answered that. You didn't answer that correctly. I said everything you said yes, none, next, yes, ma'am. Everything ain't ever alright. It's always a somebody got oh. Yes, you know the Bible says is your cross to bell? You know, you just gotta be a little bit more loving and understanding because is she your first one?
Speaker 6: You know?
Speaker 1: Yes, ma'm we'll ask her a question.
Speaker 7: Jr.
Speaker 2: I think she don't respect me because of my voice. So there is that is.
Speaker 6: That is.
Speaker 2: You think that's an issue there?
Speaker 13: And that's very that very likely could be. So so when I say you're not finna do this woman? How does that sound to you there?
Speaker 7: Well, you don't have a really you don't have a very commanding voice to your voice ain't commanding at all?
Speaker 2: This more request? Well, what do you hear sister over there? I hear a request.
Speaker 6: Like what.
Speaker 2: I don't hear a demand or order or I just hear you. You sound like you beg I'm begging baby. You ain't gonna do that to me?
Speaker 1: How should he saying?
Speaker 8: Sister death, You're gonna do.
Speaker 6: This like you?
Speaker 2: That's how you would have to say?
Speaker 6: What do I?
Speaker 2: What do I sound like? Sister there? You ain't gonna do that to me?
Speaker 7: I tell you right now now you know now you sound like Woody Woodpeckle.
Speaker 2: Or somebody like that.
Speaker 13: You said, Woody Woodpecker, one of them cartoon care I told you before you need to deepen your voice.
Speaker 2: All of my husbands had deep voices, I did. James L. Jones want to.
Speaker 1: How does he sound?
Speaker 2: What do you saying? This is CNN? I see when I know what well you can see in here too if you want to.
Speaker 1: How did you meet him?
Speaker 2: James Earl jones'd he was doing the civil rights story.
Speaker 1: You just where you just happened to be there, got on.
Speaker 2: The bridge down and sell the right before they went crossing.
Speaker 13: We was having prayer. Oh okay, old dale, I went, no, oh, you finn to get this? You finna had your way with me? What you fitling to dog?
Speaker 2: Old rough voice?
Speaker 1: So that's what.
Speaker 2: Yeah, this is that if I need to do. Yeah, you need to toughen your voice up.
Speaker 7: You're gonna have problems in your marriage like that because the children's voice is stronger than you.
Speaker 2: Married her.
Speaker 13: You know, all the kids, all the kids sound tougher than you. The grand you know she got children.
Speaker 7: I know your father and your grandfather right away, your grand babies.
Speaker 2: Damn it sounds.
Speaker 1: Was that junior or the babies?
Speaker 2: She right down wants this confusing.
Speaker 8: JUNI y'all come on.
Speaker 14: And give you some wedding advice whenever you need a sweet y'all Oday, I'm gonna get on out of here, you.
Speaker 9: Sweetie coming up next to his junior and for the nephew with today's frank phone call right after the you're listening morning show coming up at about four minutes after the hour. It's my strawberry letter for today and the subject is one of your favorite songs, Steve Boogie Wonderland.
Speaker 6: Uh.
Speaker 9: We'll get into that to find out what that's all about in just a few because right now it is time for the prank phone call for today, and.
Speaker 1: Junior is in for the nephew, which you got, Junior.
Speaker 2: Repo the pews, No cows, you don't. You won't take the cue. That's terrible. I can't go to heaven and see him in there. I can't. I cannot walk up there and say is that timing? I can't see it. Repoe, the pews, come on, can't.
Speaker 6: I'm trying to reach a pastor, Pastor Wilkins. Wilkins, are you the you're the pastor of Baptisters? Am I right?
Speaker 15: That's correct?
Speaker 6: Okay, Melissa, My name is Daniel, and I'm calling from a RCS, which is a church supply, and we have an outstanding bill here that we wanted to bring to u all's attention for like twenty three thousand dollars for your pews that has not been paid. So we wanted to see.
Speaker 11: Not to cut you off.
Speaker 15: Yeah, yeah, Daniel from RCS, Yeah.
Speaker 6: Church supply, sir. That's this is exactly what you guys got your pugs.
Speaker 15: Okay, our standing bill for twenty three times Well, first of all, that's normally all our standing bills are handled by our finance department. You know, you wouldn't to speak to our treasurer and they'll be able to mp you with that.
Speaker 6: Evidently, sir, that this hasn't been taken care of in this matter when it comes to these pews, because like I stayed it before, you guys owe twenty three thousand dollars on these pews, and I think this was probably twelve to thirteen years ago, so maybe this was something before you got there. But nevertheless, and outstanding billing. Right now, we're actually going to be repossessing these pews as of early seven o'clock Sunday morning.
Speaker 15: Uh, not far this Sunday morning. No, we have the Women's Day's Missionary is here today and also Funday we have like our pick man, you have.
Speaker 6: A lot of things and you actually run it off your schedule. To me, that's that's really not my concern. And maybe your Women's Day or whatever is gonna y'all gonna do it standing up, because.
Speaker 15: Right now we're not going to do it. You're not understanding me. See did you say twelve or thirteen years ago?
Speaker 6: Suir?
Speaker 15: Well, I've been the past here every ten years, and you know, you know, like that.
Speaker 6: Occurred before you got there, but nevertheless, the bill is still outstanding and these pills need to be taken care of. Now, if y'all don't have the twenty three thousand dollars, then I got to come pick these pews up Sunday morning. Sir.
Speaker 11: We're gonna don't go over there.
Speaker 6: You're not hearing me.
Speaker 15: And first of all, this is my private number. How did you get this number?
Speaker 6: Numbers here in the books as a contact?
Speaker 15: No, this is this is all. I only get us out to very few people, and I know none of them will will give out numbers. So that's that's the issue right there. And second of all, if you're talking about coming in our church Sunday morning to take our pews, uh, that's not something you really want to.
Speaker 2: Do, sir.
Speaker 6: I have to do my job the same way you get up on Sunday morning and you have to do yours. I have to do mine. So my job is to get these fews back because you guys are twenty three thousand dollars in the riars.
Speaker 15: No, tyl, let me tell you, I ain't always been been a preacher. Now you come in my church and you test them pegs, I'm gonna come out that proof here.
Speaker 6: I'm not here to go to what you used to be and what you are now. I'm nothing to go back and forth with you on that the bottom line.
Speaker 15: So the consequention you don't want to deal with sign because you know, I, oh hello, hold on, hold on, let me calm down, because you know you have to make me say some words that I've been delivered from.
Speaker 6: Thank God, I'm going to deliver them pews away from you on Sunday. Now, I got to come and pick them pews up. That's the bottom line. Do you have twenty three thousand Sunday morning?
Speaker 15: Twenty three thousands? I understand that's not the issue. The issue is you have no business calling me on my personal phone. I'm in my meta crazing time right now, trying to get consecrated for you know, my mexic At after deliver later this afternoon. So we need all of our futures.
Speaker 6: Well, let me ask you something such. Do you have the twenty three thousand dollars that you can give me Sunday morning and then you can continue whatever it is you have going on that day. Other than that, I'm gonna have to take them pills.
Speaker 15: I got to call me betweenty y'all. If you're not listening, sign that ain't my bill. I ain't paying it. You ain't touching my cues.
Speaker 6: I'm not gonna continue to go. Okay, listen, I'm trying to respect what's fastor will trying to respect you.
Speaker 15: First remend, doctor Wilkins. I'd appreciate this. You call me in my name, Reverend doctor Wilkins.
Speaker 6: Okay, Reverend doctor Wilkins. Now, first of all, coming up there Sunday. Now, I'm hoping I only have to lay hands on these pews. Now I gotta lay hands on something else. Then I got to do what I got to do.
Speaker 15: Said out. You can come on up here, and you said it on the property, that's cool, but you touch them pills. I got some lawyers in here. They can take that Jesus coade off. They can stay down, they can get with you, partner. You know what I'm saying. You know what they they do. I walk through the valley shadow of death. I will see no evil.
Speaker 11: I ain't got no problem.
Speaker 6: Wait wait wait wait wait wait wait wait.
Speaker 11: Wait wait you talking about coming to me and to my church because my cues.
Speaker 6: I'm gonna do what I got to do.
Speaker 11: Man, Then y'all, I'm gonna do what I gotta do in the name of Jenius.
Speaker 6: Right man, Hey, man, stand up the whole service. Now, what which one do you want?
Speaker 15: Because we have thisever you want to have it.
Speaker 6: I got I got something else I want to tell you. You listen to me, past you listening?
Speaker 15: If you ain't saying nothing?
Speaker 6: Sign is you listening?
Speaker 15: What you got to say to me?
Speaker 6: I've got to say this to you death his nephew tom Me from the Steve Harby Morning You just got pranked by your entire deacon boy who what who? Man will because this is his nephew, Tommy Man from the Steve Harby Morning Show. Your deacon boy got me the plank phone called you. Boy. I can't believe this, boy.
Speaker 15: You almost made me a little my religious son.
Speaker 1: In there?
Speaker 6: Man, you hung in there? Pastor which one of them ones? Deacon Glover?
Speaker 15: Okay, okay, okay, I've got some things I got to talk to good level about. You know, I would wonder how you got a personal cell phone number anyway?
Speaker 6: Man, So well, I'm glad I'm able to put a lamp on your face today.
Speaker 11: Oh man, I mean.
Speaker 6: I gotta ask you, man, pastor, what is the baddest radio show in the land.
Speaker 15: Steve Harley Morning Show.
Speaker 11: Hey, listen, let me tell you this.
Speaker 15: Keep doing what he's doing the first minute in the show, man, I love that. Okay, I really loved that.
Speaker 6: I really really to the paper. I appreciate that. Man, really, will.
Speaker 12: There we go report the pews, see, ladies, he cannot get past Peter.
Speaker 2: I don't see it at the gates. I don't see how he get in. I don't no, no, no, no, all this work I'm doing down here on earth, he get to just make fun of the church and he get in read hold the pews. Okay, all right, yeah time you know what you lessen two weeks away.
Speaker 7: Man, two weeks away out in Highland, California, or the twenty ninth at the casino called Yama Bay.
Speaker 2: Uh huh, your.
Speaker 1: Marvel, Yeah, your mother, your Mather.
Speaker 6: Yeah.
Speaker 7: I don't know why my name is. I don't know why they wouldn't find my hall casino. So hey, everybody like Yamaha, Well, you know that's that's what you get though. When you're trying to be creative, you know, just name it something we can all remember. Yamaha Casino would have been real that, but you know, you got your mom and all this that. We don't know what she's saying. Anyway, It's gonna be a motivational speech out there on the twenty ninth out there. So if you're down in LA and you want to see your boy live, ain't seen me in a lot of years, Man, I'm gonna be doing something live, motivational concert. Then next night I'm in Durant, Oklahoma. That's ninety miles north of Dallas. So they driving up for that north of Dallas at the Chalk Tall Casino. See, you can say that that's a real nation, the chalk Taw Nation. See, that's why you don't go over that messing with that. People like that. They call the chalk Tars for a reason. And it sounded like you know that, you know that's what It just sounds like it could be a problem if you go over there wrong. So we don't want to go in wrong or to be respectful. Love chalk Taw Nation, chalk Taw Casino. Steve Harvey will be their motivational two on the thirtieth, and then after that, me and my girl, we're gonna get up in the air. We're going on the trip anyway. I ain't gonna post it or nothing, because you're probably gonna lie about that. But that's where I am the day, all right.
Speaker 1: Coming up next, thank you, Steve.
Speaker 9: Coming up next to this a Strawberry letter, the subject Boogie Wonderland. We'll get into it right after this. You're listening Steve Harvey Morning Show. It is time now for today's Strawberry Letter. If you need advice and relationships, work, sex, parenting, and more, please submit your Strawberry letter to Steve HAARVFM dot com and click submit Strawberry Letter. We could be reading your letter live on the air, just like we're gonna read this one right here, right now, and you never know, it could be yours.
Speaker 2: You never know, Ladies, jell me. It's time for the Strawberry Little My good friend, Shirley.
Speaker 9: Strawberry, Thank you, my good friend Junior, subject Boogie wonder Land. Dear Stephen, Shirley, my husband and I have owned a lounge for almost ten years, and over the years it's transitioned into a few different things. We used to sell fish wings, then we stopped doing food and went to a live jazz and wine tasting. No one came to that, so we started catering to the younger crowd, and that was a big problem because they don't know how to act.
Speaker 1: So four years ago my husband decided to make.
Speaker 9: It an old school lounge and we put in shag carpet and hanging plants to make it look like the seventies. The neighborhood where the lounge is has gotten pretty bad over the years, but we wanted to keep it in the area because it's where my husband grew up. All of his old friends and his family come to the lounge and hang out, and he doesn't charge them for drinks at all. All of the men have nicknames, and they want to come to the lounge to cheat on their wives and play spades with women that don't mind messing with married men. My husband is cool with it all as long as the lounge has people in it. I'm not in the business of running boogie wonderland with old people that don't spend money. We have no smoking signs, but my husband will not enforce it because his uncle comes in there and smokes. I found out last week that my husband allowed a group of folks to bring in a crock pot and put and cats rolls for a birthday party. I'm sure he let them bring in their own alcohol too. It's time for us to close the Boogie Wonderland. How do I convince my husband to let it go for good? Well, it sounds like you're into the Boogie Wonderland for business, but your husband uses it to kick it with his friends and family and not for profit. Making money doesn't seem like a priority to him now, does it. It's his social hangout, so it will be hard to convince him to let the business go. Clearly, you're ready to go, and you're right, there's no way you can make money. But the way your husband is running things, it's time for you guys to get out before you start losing all your money because giving away free drinks and letting people bring in their own own drinks and food will.
Speaker 1: Be a disaster for your business.
Speaker 9: You and your husband need to have a serious conversation about where this business is going, and you gotta let him know how you feel.
Speaker 2: Steve, Oh, this letter flood out just don't make no damn sense. I don't know.
Speaker 7: I mean, what your husband's in it for is not for the business of making money. I don't know what y'all bottom line look like, your p and L or all this here. I don't know what your return on investment is. I don't know how much it costs to run the place. I don't know how much in free alcohol he's given away versus how much he's making. You didn't say if it was profitable at all, but it don't sound like it is. Y'all have no rules of regulation for this place. Y'all just open up, let people do what they they that cooking food. Y'all used to sell wings and fish.
Speaker 2: And y'all stopping. Then y'all went to live jazz and.
Speaker 7: Wine tases where they work at? Where do live jazz and wine tass work at in the hood? That's not a you know y'all calling it a lounge. You have a tavern. This is a tapping. This is a place where old people go tapping. And this place, let me tell you some there's places in the hood where old people go taverns. Uh, the GFW Hall. That's another place, whelled bingo. Now they not that they making money at bingo, but your husband ain't. That's transition to a few things over you your live jazz and wine tastes, and nobody came to that. Then y'all started catering to the younger crowd. I don't know why you surprised for this. That was a big problem because they don't know how to.
Speaker 2: Duh, duh. Come on, now, you know what this happened. You know what happens at these places.
Speaker 7: So four years ago your husband decided to make it an old school lounge. So you put in shag carpet and hanging plants, and you know that it's gotten pretty bad.
Speaker 2: Over the years. The neighborhood. Y'all got it.
Speaker 7: Put put the place up here with your husband want to stay there because that's where you're from. All his old friends and family, they come to the lounge and hang out. He don't charge them for drinks at all. So they just in that living it up, kicking it. They just they in the backyard. And then all the men got nicknames. Oh I know this place right here, O t old ot, that's shut for oldest. See I tell you what we do. Give me the old names, and I'll tell you what their nickname is. Ralph, Ralph, Ray, Ray, Earl e Herman, he dog.
Speaker 1: I know all nicknames I got, we got Jerome, Jerome Roami.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, y'all know what these is.
Speaker 7: When we come back, I'll show you the nicknames of the rest of these people, and we're gonna talk about because they want to come to the lounge with these nicknames to cheat on their wives and play spades with women that don't mind messing around with married men. We're gonna find out who these women are, what their name is, what the nickname is, and how they're working out these arrangements while they play in spades, and they don't put up to no smoking signs.
Speaker 2: But his uncle coming now is.
Speaker 1: Smoke uh huh, and he says nothing.
Speaker 2: Yeah, he don't say it, damn And everybody scared of his uncle. So ain't nobody gonna say this? All right?
Speaker 9: All right, listen, autom is actually he dog have Fortusty's response coming up at twenty three minutes after the hour, Today's Strawberry Letter subject Boogie Wonderland.
Speaker 1: We'll get back into it right after this. You're listening Hardy Morning Show.
Speaker 9: All right, Come on, Steve, let's recap today's Strawberry letter. The subject is Boogie Wonderland, one of your favorite songs by Earth wind and fire.
Speaker 7: It is a great song of h Yeah, as wonderful group. This wife got a problem with her husband. They've owned a lounge in their neighborhood for quite some time where he grew up and as obviously not making money because he used it as a hangout for his friends and family that he doesn't charge for drinks. He ain't got no rules established in there, he got no smoking signs up. But his uncle, Herman, who they call affectionately heat Dog, he dog coming there smoke anyway, So don't nobody say now, because everybody kind of skared to him. You know, he been locked up four times. Everybody kind of lead he dog alone.
Speaker 2: So he come in in there smoking.
Speaker 7: Because he dog talking about how the hell we can't smoking lines we smoke in jail. You know when when that stayed logic, you kind of have to I don't even understand it here jail. I don't even understand this hill. If you finished die, you had last request you had for a cigarette? I can't have for a sigarette in here? How did it working out?
Speaker 15: Oh?
Speaker 7: Now, she's also upset because they've made the loud several things they used to sell, fishing wings and they stopped doing that, so they turn it into a live or jazz and wine tasted. Now, if they wasn't paying for that E and j and they wasn't paying for that, that that crown and that Jack Daniel, What the hell make you think they finish? Come in here and listen to jazz and buy wine?
Speaker 2: What neighborhood? They just down there? Bind one.
Speaker 7: They got some shot bleed and so a shot than they you know, lying ain't really you know, and they drinking. You're trying to charge for man of shivets and dog and an anti green springs. Don't really wild irish rolls that don't You got the Thunderbird? You got hood drink the Mickey's Aos you trying to charge. Ain't nobody buying that?
Speaker 6: You know?
Speaker 2: Now they're down there doing, yeah, the hanging plants and shad carpet and turned to an old school. And now y'all got wicked chairs and them bushes that they put you next to wicked chair, and.
Speaker 7: Got that airbrush painting of that nineteen forty Cadillac in the backroom. You know, everybody posing next to that one building down and they got they leaning up against that chair on the back of the big wicker chair with the circle backs.
Speaker 5: Just swip there.
Speaker 7: Yeah, they actually plumes. You got them plumes back there, and and everybody take a picture. You know, women ain't what they was, and men ain't what they were, and me ain't got nicknames, and so give me some old names, and I'll tell you what their nicknames are. Johnny, Johnny, Jojo, Jojo, what's so with Jojo? That's Johnny, Willy Willy See Willie could go a lot of different ways.
Speaker 8: I had several names, and it could be just will it.
Speaker 2: It could be big will. Yeah, it could be w La, you know what, w La will lay see see all them.
Speaker 1: My favorite hood name is Craig.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Craig, Craig.
Speaker 7: That's sea Dog, Craig and sea Dog. So you know, now they Dayton needs who Stanley? Oh, that's Sway Stanley, Stanley Sway, Melvin, EM and EM and now they're in here, they dating these women that they play spades with down there that don't care about Dayton married men. So all the husbands down there cheating on their wives with these cheating women.
Speaker 2: Now you know you got to go over there. This this is all Bernard Debt, Bernidette is down there.
Speaker 7: That's a hard name. Odetta. Yeah, Oldetta cheating and everybody's scared of old Detta. Bernice. Bernice down there do like she wanted to do. Oh, Brenda, Brenda is good, but Brenda cool. She ain't really made up her mind yet, but she just down there for farm. But everybody won't Brenda. Uh col wristlet wrissle. It's down there just going through her husbands.
Speaker 1: What about Betty?
Speaker 7: Betty Betty worked behind the ball. Thelma ain't really doing much or nothing. She want somebody to date her, but she herself too early. Pretty much cool. Yeah, she got in that thirsty. She hang on hoping somebody holler at her. And then you got steel.
Speaker 2: Steel down there. Everybody won't feel. She got new wigs.
Speaker 7: She went down there to the beauty supply and came in on and she got that hot one, that blinde. So that's what's happening at the lounge. One more name, one more name, go ahead.
Speaker 2: Audrey, Audrey.
Speaker 7: Ate and playing with nobody down there, talking about everybody.
Speaker 9: Leave your comments on Today's Letter on Instagram at Steve Harvey f M. And check us out on The Strawberry Letter podcast on the Free iHeartRadio app where free never sounded so good. Now coming up next to his Junior and Sports Talk Junior right after this, you're listening.
Speaker 1: Morning show? All right, it is time now for junior and Sports talk. What you got junior?
Speaker 12: Okay, we'll get the NFL games tomorrow, But I gotta talk to you about this because Deon Sanders is putting college football upside down.
Speaker 7: Man, he has never stayed up in my life that late white college football.
Speaker 2: I'm telling you.
Speaker 12: Yeah, But is it the fact that he's Deon Sander's and he's doing it his way and he's not doing what every other college head coach is doing. He's doing it Deon Sanders's way. Coach Prime, Coach Prime, because it's like when the Colorada state head coach said that when I when I talk to adults, I take my hat and my glasses off as.
Speaker 2: If it's Sands. Yeah, is if Deon Sanders.
Speaker 12: Don't have no home training because Prime talks to young men and he recruits all the time.
Speaker 2: He just recruiting young men.
Speaker 12: He understand the image of the swag, the whole nine and shout the Colorado for winning the game.
Speaker 7: Yeah, Okay, listen, man, what he's done, never been done before, the way he bought in the recruiting class, the way he dismissed some players, and then a way the rest of the players walked in and quit they didn't have the right culture. He bought in the right culture, But the most important things he bought in his sons. Everybody's surprised that secures Sanders, But like Dionne keep telling them, I've been watching his kid his whole life. I know who he is, and they've been coached that way, and so you know, there's nothing around that. And then that game right there, I actually thought, I said, man, they done lost this one right here, because when they got the ball on the two yard line, Yeah, with a minute thirty or something like that left, that's a long way to go. Put that on the kid. But that kid started running that football something he hadn't done, and got down there and I just said, Man, this is Heisman Trophy type game play right here. Yes, And that's what they're gonna have to look at this kid as and coach Prime. He coaches the mind more than he does the players. And I'm telling you, man, somebody they looking at this guy. They looking at his contract somebody gonna come along and pay this boy a truckload of money now making more money than he did at Jackson for everybody that got upset because he left Jackson. Y'all don't understand how God works. Dion put a lot of HBCUs on the map. There's more HBCU games being televised now because of Dion than ever before. But Dion couldn't stay there and finish the work that Dion was created to do. He changes things, and now he's changing it at a program just getting national attention, and that's special.
Speaker 1: Different coach prime O Love coach by congratulations. All right. Coming up at the top of the hour, a loyal.
Speaker 9: Listener Steve wants us to bring back one of her all time favorite segments. We'll talk about it right after this. You're listening har Morning Show. All right, Steve, this is from Melinda in Nashville. Melinda says, Hi, Steve Harvey Morning Show, would you ever bring back the singing contest used to do on the radio show. I can't sing, but the people who would call in and think they could sing was the highlight of my week.
Speaker 1: Would you please bring it back for me? You know what that was?
Speaker 2: Kind of one of my highlights too.
Speaker 5: Uh huh. I don't know.
Speaker 2: Let's just I don't know. Just to hear you talk about people, just go ahead. But you know, I miss a lot of stuff.
Speaker 7: They made us stop doing, man, and I don't know, you know, because of the culture, we had to stop doing a lot of things. I thought one of our most.
Speaker 6: Know.
Speaker 7: I know, it's several things that the Country Brothers was one. Okay, they stopped us from doing that. They stopped Eugene. That was very hurtful to me, and they stopped all time.
Speaker 2: I know it once again. But but slave, I knew it. I knew it was coming slaves. Yeah, slave, the avil.
Speaker 7: Off the air, brilliance of that moment, the reenactment of them two slaves.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's just I thought it was brilliant. Came up to a stop side No the best.
Speaker 6: Rock.
Speaker 2: When he was a special.
Speaker 1: He said he wanted to get was depressed. He was very depressed.
Speaker 2: Why we can't do it? Just because you know?
Speaker 7: Well right there, Junior, junior. Really the number one reason is because of them too, right there.
Speaker 10: That's it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you work here.
Speaker 7: I love but sure, especially Carl you, they are the number one reason why. I don't know why they took Eugene off that hysterical. We never ever mentioned or degraded his choices. My number one tease for Eugene was when he broke up with Gloria.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and the song we used to play the song why would you do that?
Speaker 2: My glory by enchantment.
Speaker 7: And I don't even really think we ever got any complaints from any groups.
Speaker 8: About it.
Speaker 1: Now, but she wants to know about the singing contest.
Speaker 2: Bring that back.
Speaker 7: You can't bring none of my favorite back. They I had, we had to quit doing tongue tide. Tongue tiede was one of my favorites too.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah yeah.
Speaker 7: Then they come talking about you talking about people with speech impediment, Well it was me dumb.
Speaker 2: You can't dumb.
Speaker 1: That was your interpreter.
Speaker 7: I mean, dog, I had I studied and people we can't play studying prank calls.
Speaker 2: No more.
Speaker 7: We can't do nothing, man, because somebody would a problem, could be offended. And I don't understand why it is.
Speaker 1: We didn't make the rules.
Speaker 2: But do you know though, that no matter what you do, you can offend somebody in a jest.
Speaker 1: Absolutely? Yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah, Now that I agree with you because everybody's had some sort of experience.
Speaker 7: Oh his, his, his brilliant moment. What social media can do anything they want with no raalifications.
Speaker 13: Slander you lie about you all of you know, not lie? Oh you thought they was honest?
Speaker 9: Yeah, because I mean, you know, it's a singing contest coming back or now?
Speaker 1: Yes, no.
Speaker 2: On this show, boy, something go off the show. It can't come back. No, all right, but as soon I'm.
Speaker 7: Gonna tell you that as soon as Shirley and Carl's go on vacation, be Junior.
Speaker 2: And Tommy's gonna do re enactment.
Speaker 1: Women's will stay on vacation.
Speaker 2: Y'all go vacation, we do all, Yeah, we won't have a show to come back to. Lady, you're right hey, coming up.
Speaker 9: In twenty minutes after the hour, we'll have more of the Steve Harvey Morning Show right after this. Well, Linda, feel you're listening Steve Harvey Morning Show.
Speaker 11: Well.
Speaker 9: Over the weekend, Drew Barrymore gave an emotional apology to thousands of writers who are part of the writer strike because her show has returned to production. The Writer Writers Guild of America members and writers for the Drew Barrymore show picketed outside of CBS studios in New York last week. And I'll shows like The Talk, Jennifer Hudson, Sherry, they're all returning in the next week also despite the writer's strike. So Steve, I have to ask you, has a writer's strike affected you and the things you do outside of this radio show?
Speaker 7: And do you of course the Judge Show, Oh yeah, Judge, Steve, I would be normally be taping that right now. It's been affected. But when you don't need writers to do your show, it shouldn't be a problem. They don't need writers on the talk show. All they need is producers to have subject matter. The women and the guys on the talk they just talk about it. Sherry is an interview show. You don't need writers. All you need is producers. What's happening is and you have to be aware of this. People who are not writers are losing livelihoods, makeup artists, everybody is losing money, hand over fiscile here and they can't and they can't sustain their families like this. You know the average person lives check to check. Well, it ain't no check. So I support the writers strike, but I also support the people's right to work.
Speaker 2: All right, all right?
Speaker 9: Coming up at thirty three minutes after the hour, Thank you, Steve, we'll play a round of would you rather?
Speaker 1: Right after this. You're listening Morning show time for a round of would you rather? Guys? Would you rather a wife that winds a lot? Or would you rather a wife that curses a lot?
Speaker 2: I prefer a because I already got beat because I know she's struggling with me. I know youngor I deserve to be cussed out.
Speaker 1: I know I made you dinner.
Speaker 2: I'd rather that didn't.
Speaker 1: Well, you made it a year, so something's working.
Speaker 7: Steve. Well, I don't know what your choices about, because I was married to a person that would both.
Speaker 2: A N B all the whole damn time.
Speaker 1: So like what like you do both of those together?
Speaker 2: He would be like, I got I'm sick of your mf E.
Speaker 6: You know.
Speaker 2: You black. I wish you go to hell. I don't even know what I'm saying this right here. It seemed to me like you done got on my last be talking. I'm so sick of your Okay, all right, so that's both all right?
Speaker 1: Would you rather? Would you?
Speaker 2: Would you?
Speaker 4: Would you rather?
Speaker 9: Live in a haunted house or would you rather live in a house full of circus clouds.
Speaker 12: I'm I'm gonna go with the hunted house. At I could talk back to the guys, them clowns.
Speaker 2: I can't do the clowns. No scared man. I'm in that house with them clowns, having the time of my life. Hey, y'all getting that fat wagon?
Speaker 6: Come on?
Speaker 2: Why are the grandkids out there?
Speaker 5: Here?
Speaker 2: They come, but they don't be scared.
Speaker 1: Grandkids will be scared of the clowns. Don't you think it's not?
Speaker 2: My grandkids ain't scared of no damn clowns.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's not the clown from it.
Speaker 7: What's Yeah, that's what my grandsons, all of them think. They carnage and venom. Hell is they scared of a clown from my grand Please me and mark me sting. I'll be laughing so hard at them.
Speaker 2: Damn kids.
Speaker 7: They convinced with their little skinny ass that they hero.
Speaker 2: They had little suits on. When they put them suits on, they think that.
Speaker 1: I love it.
Speaker 2: So he had that cap on, jumping off the back of that con found out real fancy. He's gonna fly. Hey, just all you heard India right after that, I'm hollering you wrong for that pop up.
Speaker 9: All right, would you rather sex at nine a m. Nine a m sharp every day or would you rather sex outside whenever you wanted it?
Speaker 2: Nine good with me? Right in the middle of the radio show, right right after you.
Speaker 1: You're listening morning show.
Speaker 9: Here we are, guys, our last break of the day on this Monday. You end up weekday, brand new week, Steve.
Speaker 7: You know my remarks is kind of a little different today. This writer's strike that's going on in Hollywood. The things now, there are people going.
Speaker 2: Back to work. The view the talk Drew.
Speaker 7: Barrymore came out and apologized for going back to work. But I'm starting to understand this as I talk to people. I can't tell you how many people have called me because we've all honored the writers' strike. When the actors got involved, that was to honor the writers. Well, it's getting a little tiring for a lot of people, and I'll tell you why, because it's affecting by not having TV and production. It's not just the writers. The writers want more. The rest of these people just want what they was getting. So when you support the writers because the writers want more, because I do understand. They have a very very valid point because they're being used because they're taking their writing skills and content and they put it in contents and they're not getting paid for it, but they're making money on these other formats, and I understand that. So at first it was okay, you know, hey, we jump in there, we support you, But you got to understand. The makeup artists ain't working. The cameraman ain't working, the grips ain't working, the set designers ain't working. The catering companies are not working. The people in charge of lighting and sound ain't working. The engineers ain't working. The cleanup crews with all these contracts to clean up the studios and dressing rooms and makeup trailers, they're not working. And it then got old, and people are suffering, man, The common man is out here suffering. And so some of these shows is going back to work. And I got news for you. It's actors out here hurting. It's people with talk shows that are hurting, man, because they got bills to pay. And now the writers are getting mad at everybody for wanting to go back to work. But here's the problem, though, mister, and I'm sorry to say this, but when you get your new contract and your money, you're not gonna give none to the grips, not gonna give none to the catering company. You're not gonna pass the money on to them actors. You're not gonna give no money to the Sound and Light people. You ain't gonna give no money to the caterers. So we got you want more, We got you being treated unfairly. But somehow, man, y'all got to come back to work and work that out on your own. It seems like it's what a lot of people are starting to say.
Speaker 6: Now.
Speaker 7: You might disagree with what I'm saying, but I can't support you and your strike, and your strike causes me to be out of work. And then whatever you negotiate on your contract, I ain't gonna benefit from it, but I'm taking all the hits and losses of it. And that's where people at right now, man, and you got to understand that. So I'm in supporter, Drew Barrymore. I'm support to talk what you think they gonna feel about us. Hey, man, ain't nobody asking you how you feel when you can't pay your bills. You got to allow people to take care of their families, man, and your your strike is costing way more than writers' money. And so there's a crack in the damn right now. And I think a lot of people are going to go back to work, man. And I think a lot of writers want to go back to work because you know this has been months right now, this is months of no income. And you just can't expect the average person to sit out.
Speaker 6: Man.
Speaker 2: I know people, you can't miss a check.
Speaker 6: Now.
Speaker 2: You talk about months, it done got old, It done got old.
Speaker 7: Now that auto workers want to strike, but you know the CEOs at the auto companies, man, the UAW is a great organization, man.
Speaker 2: I was a member of ua W.
Speaker 7: That's the one I always identify with my time at brook Park Engine Plant out in foot Park, Ohio, outside of Cleveland. And look, man, when the executives who get these big bonuses and raises, and you look at all these executive salaries and they getting them during this time right here. But then you're telling these auto workers you can't get a raise. Do you know the problem that creates? And then your statement as an executive is if we give those auto workers the raise they're asking for, they will bankrupt us. Well, that ain't what you said when you gave the executives they raised and we ain't talking about we're talking about millions. We're talking about one person getting millions in bonus checks, one person making tens of millions of dollars. Nah, you got the guide. The auto planter's making sixty seventy eighty, whatever that number is, and they want more, but you're telling them they can't get more. But you keep giving the executive more, and this public record what they're getting. And now these cats is going, hey, what about us. The UAW has a very very valid point, but they also know the Now let me tell you how rich people work. Rich people know that they have enough in reserve to starve you back to work, and that's what they do.
Speaker 2: All you gotta do is look at the picket lines. Man.
Speaker 7: In the beginning, whether it's the teacher strike or whether it's the United all the workers strike. In the beginning, the lines is full of picketers. Thirty days later, two three people out there. They trying to get on the schedule to see who gonna show up. Then they got to call you here, it was your day to picket. You didn't come and they just just eventually weigh you down. Well, all these strikes is wearing people down. I'm supporting the UAW man, they valid, they got real valid point. I support the teachers when they go on strike because they show they already underpaid. They just they there's the worst I've ever seen of anybody but the writers in Hollywood. Man. I understand where y'all at, and you have a very very valid point. But you got to find a way to get to work and still make them talk to you because there's a lot of people suffer because of this strike and they have to go back to work because they have families to feed. They got kids in school, so that's it. Were all affected by it pretty much at the point where enough's enough right now. So those are my clothing remoments. Ain't got nothing to do with the most people out of here except y'all. Hang in there and keep the faith in God. God loves you, man, God will protect you from all your enemies. Remember that talk to God that they love to hear from.
Speaker 9: For all Steve Harvey contests, no purchase necessary, void were prohibited. Participants must be legal US residents at least eighteen years old, unless otherwise stated. For complete contest rules, visit Steve Harvey FM dot com. You're listening Steve Harvey Morning Show