Speaker 1: Hey, love that you made it to the podcast. Thank you so much. One thing that totally makes my day is when people share our podcast and then tag us at Brook and Jeffrey. Yes, because then we can thank you in person. We know who you are. You know you go to stock your install Loki. Okay, that's too saying. All right, follow the podcast, share away, and enjoy the show.
Speaker 2: We've talked about this before. How the number one people who get parking tickets in major cities like New York, Chicago and everywhere else are UPS em FedEx drivers. Oh that's not counting Alexis in this survey. It's UPS and shopping.
Speaker 1: It's kind of the same thing. I'm getting packages the US because she's too impatient to wait for it to come to her up some heels.
Speaker 2: But they get fined hundreds of thousands of dollars a year, sometimes getting up into the millions.
Speaker 3: Yay.
Speaker 2: Thing is it's not happening anymore because UPS just figured out a way to beat the system.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: The meeting with supersized cargo bikes. Brook, you're looking at a picture of one right now. How would you describe how these things look?
Speaker 1: It looks like a UPS truck that went through the dryer and shrunk. Yes.
Speaker 2: To me, it's like if you imagine a golf cart but really skinny, and you pedal it so you can ride them through the bike lanes. And since it's technically a bicycle now because you have to pedal it, you really can't get a parking ticket, you know.
Speaker 1: But it's still electric bike, right, it's an e bike.
Speaker 2: Yes, its attra power. You have to see the photo of this thing. It's up on the Brook and Jeffrey inst the stories right now. But they say these are going to help companies deliver packages faster in downtown areas and cut back on carbon emissions.
Speaker 1: How you could do it with like rain where you could like commute be a bike.
Speaker 2: It's a creative solution. But critics say they're pretty dangerous for any regular cyclists who are trying to use the bike lanes to get around because they do take up the entire freaking lane, and if you crash into one of these on your six speed shwins, that cargo bike is going to take you out.
Speaker 1: That's true.
Speaker 2: There's been no timeline set though for when these are going to be officially rolled out and start being used, but everyone's thinking that this is going to happen in the near future.
Speaker 1: Are you pissed if you're the driver that gets downgraded to the bike?
Speaker 2: Yeah, probably make extra trip every day.
Speaker 1: I can't even drive a real band anymore.
Speaker 2: Brook just wants the ups guys to keep wearing those extra short shorts.
Speaker 1: While what did Brown do for me? I'll let you know.
Speaker 2: Let's get into the shot collar question of the day with the guy Brook has requested wear short shorts and studios digital Jake.
Speaker 1: Yeah, why aren't you Jake?
Speaker 3: Well, the calendar may say September, but according to my watch, it's beer o'clock. Yeah, at least that's truly over. In Munich, Germany, where Octoberfest is officially underway, the two week long beer festival. It's been going strong every year since eighteen ten, aside from World Wars. And there was a couple plagues in there.
Speaker 2: But if you've never stopped them, yeah, cholera.
Speaker 3: If you've never been imagined. Dozens of giant tents filled with people young and old, dressed in their leader hosen, live bands playing traditional Bavarian folk music, carnival rides, and people scarfing down German sausages and pretzels the size of your.
Speaker 1: Head the only German food.
Speaker 3: So while the Germans are out drinking SuDS with their buds, We're gonna serve up four frosty mugs of trivia all about the two hundred year old festival of Fermentation in a special one and done laggers, Stein's and Schnitzel Times shot collar question of the day. All right, Jeffrey, you're leading us off? Oh please? At Octoberfest, there are, of course police who walk around and help keep order, but there are also beer police too. What is the beer police's one and only job? Is it a take you to beer jail if they see you spill, be make sure you aren't under poured, or c put you in handcuffs for five minutes if they catch you belching.
Speaker 2: Common I can't believe that they would not want those things.
Speaker 1: I like how they they go around and make sure you're not under poured.
Speaker 2: Does the beer police frisk you like a normal police officer would.
Speaker 3: I'm sure there's a fee you could pay for that.
Speaker 2: So beer jail if you spill, or handcuffs for belching. I don't know how that would be possible. To hold in your belch for the entire festival.
Speaker 1: I don't belch in public.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I think this doesn't. Maybe it's the one if you're spilling your beer out, Yeah, yeah, you're you're a little bit too tipped. I'm going with beer jail.
Speaker 3: Jeffrey said, beer jail for spilling. That is incorrect. They make sure you're not underpoured. Oh, the beer must come up to the line of the glass, otherwise they'll escort you back to the bar and get you a fresh one.
Speaker 4: Oh my god, it belt you away.
Speaker 3: We're oh for one brook. It's your question, all right. The umpa bands at Octoberfest are famous for their unusual regional brass instruments, including the alpenhorn, which was traditionally used to do what is it a called German children in from playing in the fields, be let the town workers know it was quitting time, or see calm down anxious cows during milking time.
Speaker 1: Gosh, you know, I've milked a couple of cows in my life. I don't doubt that for get a little anxious. But I don't know that a big horn would help them. I do like the worker bell situation, like the end of the day, that's what signifies it and everybody heads to the pub, right, so I think I'm gonna go. End of the day, you're off work, beer.
Speaker 3: Brooks said, quitting time. That is, it was to calm down the anxious cows during melting time. Here's a photo the playing the horn for the cows. We're oh for too, Alexis it's your turn. With so much beer being consumed at Octoberfest, craziness does happen. That's why a famous apparel company released a special item just for the festival. Which one of these is real? Is it? A? Adidas made vomit proof sneakers. B H and M made bibs to hold any beer that spills so you can drink it later.
Speaker 1: You have a straw built in or.
Speaker 3: C Ralph Lauren made the leader hosen with built in cup holders to hold steins of beer.
Speaker 5: So heavy hoobbitproof sneakers, I mean, I feel like any street you can wipe it off.
Speaker 1: Mine are all good and I've got to throw up on them, So counting that up.
Speaker 3: Any sneakers in vobbit proof with a good attitude, But.
Speaker 6: I don't know.
Speaker 1: Ralph Lauren like just like their fancy over there. They have a nice brand making them stuff put on their side and are expensive.
Speaker 2: I go to the bathroom ball you drank too.
Speaker 3: I'm going with Jake, Alexa, said Ralph Lauren later Hosen with cup holders.
Speaker 7: That is.
Speaker 6: Correction.
Speaker 1: Make them, Jake, makem.
Speaker 3: It's the vomit proof sneakers, waste of money. They cost one hundred and ninety nine euros and they say prost on the side of Jose. You can be the only one to get one. Right here, Which of these celebrities is permanently banned from October fans? Is it a Robert Downey Junior, Okay, B Paris Hilton or C Charlie Sheen.
Speaker 1: The options are so thick, clusterous celebrities. Yeah, it's gonna be something where you like you did something insulting or.
Speaker 4: Like Paris Hilton showed up to DJ and they were like, oh my god, now we need all.
Speaker 1: The police in the city.
Speaker 6: DJ like that, this is.
Speaker 3: Mean shirt stars are blind on the accordion.
Speaker 2: Just to prove my point, I'm gonna go Paris.
Speaker 3: Hilton, Jose said Paris Hilton, and that is she showed up in a golden, shiny Bavarian doll dress and the locals were so offended by her outfit. They they banded together and got the organizers to ban her.
Speaker 2: For like we're going to something Wow, okay, j the rest of us are taking a shock and someone wanted to hear sexy and I know it by L M F a O. That's your shot.
Speaker 6: Question of the day, Freaking Jeffrey in the morning.
Speaker 2: People are always telling you be the bigger person, take take the high row, don't dip your buffalo wing into their bitter cup of petty sauce.
Speaker 1: But petty sauce can be so tasty.
Speaker 6: I don't know.
Speaker 2: Sometimes revenge just feels like the right answer, which is the route that one of our listeners decided to take when she came up with an elaborate plan to get back at her loud upstairs neighbor. Even though it kind of felt good in the moment, she says she regrets doing it. To this day. She feels that bad about what happened. You're gonna hear her diabolical scheme in the unfortunate backlash she never saw coming in. A brand new mass speaker coming up. You don't know me, concession, I can't take back arms speaker got a text the seventy five nine two. That says, for months, I've been secretly using my girlfriend's expensive shampoo and conditioner and refilling the bottle by topping it off with my two in one head and shoulders.
Speaker 1: Oh, how dare you?
Speaker 2: That's what the instructions say, lather, rinse, deceive. No, I think it's true. Betrayal and deception are chapter five of Brooks self help book on Keys to a Successful Relationship. Chapter six is passive aggressiveness, and we have a listener on the phone who admits she may have done one of the most passive aggressive things ever. Oh my god, and she wants to come clean about it. She wants to go by Julia today. Julia, Welcome to the show.
Speaker 1: Hi, how are you feel you feel an extra petty today? Julia?
Speaker 8: Oh, I was super petty.
Speaker 2: Is this with a like a boyfriend or a husband?
Speaker 3: No?
Speaker 8: This was I used to live in an apartment and I had this neighbor.
Speaker 1: Oh my god, my neighbor.
Speaker 5: He was the loudest person of all all time.
Speaker 1: Wait, did you live next to jose.
Speaker 8: That's so funny that you would fight me.
Speaker 2: I'm like, dude, just text me sorry. It could be It can be annoying.
Speaker 3: Obnoxious me.
Speaker 8: No, I live downstairs, and it was just I mean, I can't even describe the noise was so overwhelming, and it would just be like all hours of the day. He was just like clanging and banging and craping.
Speaker 1: Sounds like he took up clogging and would only do it at three am.
Speaker 8: It was like I was like constantly rearranging. The pressure that it was just like a nightmare. And I worked from home at this time. The meetings were like total show. I just was on edge all the time. Like my coworkers couldn't hear me. They'd be like, what is happening over there? It was so embarrassing, was so.
Speaker 4: Bad, just like it's construction always.
Speaker 2: Can you just go to like building management and complain, like my neighbor won't keep.
Speaker 8: It down, you know, I would I went upstairs, like several times, I'd knock on his door and he just never answered. He just he just says like, who is it, And I'd be like, it's your neighbor. It's too loud.
Speaker 1: You had to keep it down, and you're yelling through the doors, totally.
Speaker 8: Yelling through the doors, and he went.
Speaker 1: Respond, Okay, he just got louder no.
Speaker 8: I mean you already said, like, who is it?
Speaker 5: I know what's in there?
Speaker 1: So what do you do? Did you get him to stop?
Speaker 2: Where is the passive aggressiveness coming?
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's what I want to hear.
Speaker 8: This is where it comes in. So I I was like, how can I get this guy back? I like hit my limit. So when I was a kid, I broke my nose, so I have like no sense of smell. So I was like, I'm going to cook the stinkiest foods in the world. And we share an air event, so I knew that anything that I cooked would like go into his apartment.
Speaker 2: Did you buy Brooks cookbook too?
Speaker 6: Oh?
Speaker 1: Turn to page five. The oyster salad is a little Yeah, you serve it warm for sure.
Speaker 8: I think my proudest moment was when I got dury and fruit.
Speaker 2: It was like, that's those like really really big ones that are like bumpy on the outside.
Speaker 1: Right, famous for their staying rows.
Speaker 2: Now I feel bad for your neighbor.
Speaker 8: Yes, well, it didn't stop the noise, so it was like the noise were going all day, and then I did the stinky stuff at night. You know, it just was definitely childish.
Speaker 2: The other neighbors in the apartment, are like, God.
Speaker 7: Now we have.
Speaker 1: Probably Oh no, so that's what you feel bad about.
Speaker 5: This is the product I feel bad about.
Speaker 8: One day, there's this like moving truck outside and I realized that this guy is moving and I go upstairs, his doors open, all this stuff is being back to move out.
Speaker 6: I know.
Speaker 8: I'm like so happy. My plan works, it works right. And then I look out the window of my place and I see the guy and he's in a wheelchair.
Speaker 1: Oh it was the wheelchair that was making all the noise.
Speaker 8: I never met him. Just thinking about this setup of the apartment, it's just not set up for someone who's in a wheelchair. I'm sure that he was trying to move things around.
Speaker 2: Terrible, knocking things over.
Speaker 1: Yeah, God, he set us all up to sell like.
Speaker 4: Neighbor we hate.
Speaker 2: Yeah, now we're going to send some Brooks always for selling over to your house.
Speaker 8: Yeah, except I wouldn't be able to smell it. You get to go up with something else.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, you must have felt like the worst person in the world house.
Speaker 1: I know.
Speaker 8: I mean, I still feel horrible about it, and it was like ages ago. I just feel so bad about it. But it is a good like it just was I shall lesson. I'm like you just you never know what anyone else is going through, Like even I think it's out my road rage.
Speaker 1: I would have felt so guilty.
Speaker 2: I would have been like, no, you stay, I'll move ye, but I'll still parking the handicapped spots right, it's open now else.
Speaker 3: I'm kidding.
Speaker 2: Oh my god, thank you for confessing.
Speaker 1: That's a good lesson for all of us.
Speaker 2: The biggest twist I can remember in a while.
Speaker 1: I still feel guilty.
Speaker 2: We all do text in seven eighty five nine two. If you have a confession you've been holding on to, we can hide your identity, mask your voice, and make you the next mass speaker. We got your phone tab.
Speaker 6: Coming up, freaking Jeffrey in the morning.
Speaker 1: You ready for laffy time?
Speaker 2: Because recently a supervisor asked if we could prank her best employee, her next in command because apparently this woman's been taking on more responsibilities at the office lately, and her boss wanted to get her an assistant to help out.
Speaker 1: Oh that's awesome.
Speaker 2: So we are going to provide that service by hiring not just a personal assistant, but a way too personal person whose name is Penny aka our own brook Fox. Get your phone out right now.
Speaker 1: Hello, Hi is this Erica?
Speaker 9: This is Erica.
Speaker 1: Guess who's calling?
Speaker 9: Who is this?
Speaker 1: Your lifesaver?
Speaker 9: My life?
Speaker 7: Sayor okay, it's me Penny.
Speaker 1: You know your new personal assistant?
Speaker 9: Oh Penny, Okay.
Speaker 1: Valerie said I'd be calling right.
Speaker 9: Yeah, she mentioned that she was gonna get me in.
Speaker 1: You know, I've heard that you've never had a personal assistant before.
Speaker 7: I haven't.
Speaker 9: No, this is all brand new, it's me.
Speaker 1: Oh gosh, Well you're in good hands because I hear you've got a lot to manage.
Speaker 9: Yeah. We I don't know how much Valory he told you, but we've had some layoffs recently and I've kind of gotten a lot more on my plate.
Speaker 1: So I'm the person for you. I have so much experience. I mean I started in downtown bathrooms, just doing volunteer work.
Speaker 9: In downtown bathrooms.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you know, regular soaper lather.
Speaker 9: See I'm sorry you worked at a bathroom, like a bathroom attendant downtown.
Speaker 1: Yeah, without pay? Next thing, I know. Next thing, you know, I'm touring with Aerosmith, just giving Steven Tyler homemade perms while he sleeps. Okay, So crazy how life works.
Speaker 9: So you said you've had decades of experience, But was that just bathroom attending? And he said, doing perm.
Speaker 1: For Stephen Timing, you know, lead singer of Aerosmith. Living on a prayer some wild times is.
Speaker 3: What they were.
Speaker 9: But okay, but the Valerie.
Speaker 1: So I was working with this other client. They were having financial issues. So I went over to their house and looked through all their clothing to find loose change in their pants.
Speaker 9: No, yeah, no, I'm I say, able to.
Speaker 1: Find sixteen dollars and thirty cents. You know, I'm just a one stop toolbox. Really, I do it all.
Speaker 9: Okay, I appreciate that.
Speaker 1: TI ties, I button buttons, I zip up your zippers. I can even floss.
Speaker 8: You lost me?
Speaker 1: What? Yeah? You know you can't get everything out when you do it on your own. So used to have another person so that you can hit every angle of your mouth.
Speaker 9: No, I'm okay there, I go to my regular dinnists visit. I don't need help with that. I don't need you going through my pockets at my house.
Speaker 1: Well, you know, I hear you. But Erica, can we be real for a minute.
Speaker 9: Okay, what are you talking about?
Speaker 1: Just like the Honda Civic you've had for a while. Everybody could use an upgrade.
Speaker 9: Okay, Number one, I don't know how you already know what I drive. Number two my car.
Speaker 1: I'm very good at my job, Erica. Actually I know everything about you. I've been to your Instagram. I've saved actually a few pictures. I wanted to talk to you about what you've been on my Instagram, like what exactly your photos are a reflection on the company and on me, now that i'm your personal assistant me, that's the way I could definitely help you pick out some more appealing clothes. Excuse me, something that would be more flattering, something that says I'm Erica, I'm a winner.
Speaker 5: You did not just say that you know what, you know what.
Speaker 1: We can do baby steps. It could even just say I'm Erica and I care just a little bit. Finally, you need to stop talking. I did not mean to offend you if it.
Speaker 9: Oh really, you didn't mean to offend me by telling me my clothes aren't nice enough. I have to take better pictures, more instagram worthy.
Speaker 1: Maybe it's not better pictures, maybe it's a better ig filter. Okay with lighting and angle?
Speaker 9: Okay, that's enough. I don't need and is not you, not anybody at all I'm talking to about this right now.
Speaker 1: You know I had some pushback from Steven Tyler too. Do you know that he's actually one hundred and fifteen years old and I made him look sixty five?
Speaker 9: Okay, No, I don't believe a word you're saying.
Speaker 6: You know you're.
Speaker 1: Smarter than what your boss even led on.
Speaker 9: Are you kidding me?
Speaker 1: This? Valerie said that you would totally fall for this prank phone call immediately.
Speaker 9: But I'm sorry, what is that anything?
Speaker 1: Val said we should prank phone call you. This is actually Broke for the radio show Broke and Jeffrey in the morning. We're doing a photoast.
Speaker 9: Are you kidding?
Speaker 1: I was kidding. I'm not kidding now, though Inane I was like, what in the world.
Speaker 9: This lady's crazy?
Speaker 1: There's no way, Valerie said, you've been like super nervous about getting an assistant at work.
Speaker 9: I have been extremely nervous. And because it's is you never know who you're gonna get. I mean, are you kidding me?
Speaker 6: Though?
Speaker 1: Someone to floss for you? That sounds like my dream?
Speaker 9: Please stay away from my mouth. No, thank you.
Speaker 1: If you can hold it open for thirty seconds. I think I can get it all done, though.
Speaker 6: Oh wow, wake up every morning with phone taps weekday mornings on the twenties Brooke and Jeffrey in the morning.
Speaker 2: I need to give out our text number right now, which is seven eight five nine two, because I already know what's coming. Today's awkward call is so full of fireworks and frustration. Our listeners are going to want to scream at their radios as soon as they hear what happens. So if you want to vent to us, it's one hundred percent okay, you can send them into our text line again seven eight five nine to two. And it all started with one great first date that went horribly horribly wrong. Okay, you're gonna hear it in your brand new awkward Tuesday phone call. Next, it's awkward.
Speaker 6: It's Tuesday.
Speaker 3: It's awkward Tuesday phone call.
Speaker 2: People always ask us, how do you pick which listeners to do second ate updates an awkward Tuesday phone call? Yeah, because we got so many requests coming into lately. It's actually been kind of easy, though, because we just go on to TikTok and ask people with viral videos if they want to talk about their issues on.
Speaker 7: Our show.
Speaker 3: Idea.
Speaker 1: Oh and those people always want more attention.
Speaker 2: Is that smart of us? Yes, it's genius, just kind of lazy.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 7: Sure.
Speaker 2: But it brought us to today's caller, Kayla, because we reached out to her after one of her videos was getting traction online and we thought it was a pretty interesting story. So Kayla, first of all, congratulations on being even more TikTok famous than us, and also welcome.
Speaker 3: Thank you.
Speaker 1: I want to say, oh my god, we're talking to the Kayla. But to be honest, I don't know what video Jess.
Speaker 2: I'm really the only one in the room that's seen the video, so I kind of know the gist. But can you start from the beginning and tell everybody what happened?
Speaker 5: Okay, So I went out with this guy that I met on one of the dating apps.
Speaker 2: Okay, how long ago was this? By the way, it's been about two months. Okay.
Speaker 5: So I come across the sky picture you guys, He's cute and his profile was amazing.
Speaker 2: Okay, Jose, she came across your profile.
Speaker 1: Wait, why is she laughing? Why are you laughing at that? It was a very nice.
Speaker 2: Kayla was his name Jose No, it was not.
Speaker 1: What I'm Scott, Scott Scott. Okay, okay, so I'm guessing you guys ended up going on a date, right.
Speaker 5: Yeah, so we went out. We ended up going to this really beautiful Greek restaurant, so super fancy. We have so much in common. We talked about everything.
Speaker 1: You keep saying had so it sounds like, I mean, this wouldn't go viral.
Speaker 2: Yeah, best date ever. But you're all jealous.
Speaker 5: Yeah, so word fold. But he's like insistent on getting dessert. I'm like, I'm stupped.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but you can't pass up black lava. I mean, I'm with him on people the first dessert and you're with a hot man that forces you to eat dessert. Okay.
Speaker 5: So as soon as the dessert comes, she's like, I gotta go to the bathroom, and I said great, okay, and she never comes back.
Speaker 1: No wait, oh he stiffed you with the bill either.
Speaker 2: Yeah, died in the bathroom.
Speaker 5: I ended up, Yeah, exactly, he never came back. I ended up having to pay for the bill get myself home.
Speaker 1: Oh that's so embarrassing and so embarrassed.
Speaker 2: There you're already at dessert.
Speaker 4: You can't last another fifteen minutes.
Speaker 1: What do you think it is? Do you think he was just he didn't have the money to pay, and that's why he bounced.
Speaker 2: I mean, how much money was it?
Speaker 5: I mean it was an expensive dinner. We had wine, we had advertized.
Speaker 1: In her box. Are you up to that range?
Speaker 9: No?
Speaker 5: It was more like three hundred and fifty dollars.
Speaker 1: Oh no, whoa stiffer than the Flaffel place down the street from my house.
Speaker 5: Oh my god, I'm reeling from this date. So I go home and I'm like, try to look him up. He has blocked me on every social he has blocked me on his phone number, so I can't even text him.
Speaker 1: Is that when you made the TikTok video to just explain the date? Is that what your TikTok went viral for?
Speaker 7: Yes?
Speaker 5: And so get this. So I make this TikTok video explain what happened. And then I get all these messages from other women saying I know him and he did the exact same thing to me.
Speaker 1: He's the Greek ghost.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Well, so if it happens to everybody, then you must not be that upset about it.
Speaker 1: No, Jeffrey, Well, what's interesting is he does order two desserts, so at least he leaves you with two because he's not there to eat the second one.
Speaker 2: You know, it's kind of like a gift giver.
Speaker 5: Yeah, that's one way to look at him.
Speaker 1: Are you sure that they're talking about the same guy?
Speaker 5: Like, for sure it was because I said I used his name, I posted his picture.
Speaker 9: It was definitely the right guy.
Speaker 2: Oh, but you said this was two months ago that this date happened, and you're still pissed about it.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I'm so. Yeah, I'm pretty pissed about it. I'm not as mad as I was the night that it happened. Yeah, And the reason why I'm calling you guys is because I want to go, hey, Egg, why are you doing this?
Speaker 2: This is not good? Well why why do you have to do it through a radio station? Why not just reach out to him, direction.
Speaker 5: Many people to hear about what a he is. And I just want to make sure that his name gets out there so like it doesn't happen again.
Speaker 2: Okay, you feel like maybe a little bit of public shaming is in order, so maybe this will help him realize not only is everybody on to me, but oh crap. Maybe I'm actually kind of a bad guy.
Speaker 6: Yeah, I just I don't know.
Speaker 2: I know that you approve of dining and dashing, but.
Speaker 1: Yeah, maybe she missed the plan. She was supposed to meet him out back by the dumpster.
Speaker 5: And they were both I missed that part of the plant's on his side.
Speaker 1: So interesting to see if he actually answers.
Speaker 5: Well, I hope he picks up for you. He won't definitely pick up for me since he blocked me.
Speaker 2: Okay, yeah, yeah, we have about fifty phone lines that we could try him from. Hopefully he'll pick up one of them.
Speaker 1: And I swear we're not turning into the crazy people in this situation.
Speaker 2: We'll see what happens. We're gonna come back. We'll give you a little bit of advice and let you make your awkward Tuesday phone call to the guy who dined and dashed on you, try and get you a little bit of peace of mind.
Speaker 5: Awesome, all right, it's awkward.
Speaker 6: It's Tuesday. It's awkward Tuesday phone call.
Speaker 2: The goal of today's awkward call is revenge or is an embarrassment?
Speaker 1: Maybe both? I think it's humiliation.
Speaker 2: Okay, second chances maybe.
Speaker 1: No, No, nobody wants that.
Speaker 2: I actually don't really know what the goal of this call a refund?
Speaker 1: A refund would be good.
Speaker 2: Yes, maybe I thought it was just a yell.
Speaker 1: I thought this is like just to yell at somebody.
Speaker 2: We're not one hundred percent sure what the end goal is, but Kaylee is still furious two months after she went on a date with a guy named Scott to a fancy Greek restaurant and was left there with a bill for over three hundred and fifty dollars, she validated.
Speaker 3: And still being mad at well, he.
Speaker 2: Snuck out because right after he insisted on ordering dessert, that's when he said he had to hit the bathroom and left her. So afterwards, Kayla made a TikTok from it, and that's how we found out about the situation when other women also commented saying that they had the same exact situation happen with the same dude.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and now, Kayla, you know.
Speaker 2: How awkward Tuesday works is we give you a little bit of advice before you make the call. You still good with hearing some? I'd love it, Okay, Jose, why don't you start?
Speaker 3: You don't know what's interesting?
Speaker 1: Guys?
Speaker 2: I don't know if he knows about the TikTok.
Speaker 3: How could he not?
Speaker 1: She said his name, she put his picture up.
Speaker 3: That's a good question.
Speaker 4: I'm just saying, if he embarrassed you publicly, I say, you embarrassed him publicly, and you tell him right away that you made the TikTok. It went viral and a bunch of other girls piled on and agreed that happened to them too, And see how.
Speaker 3: He reacts like that.
Speaker 1: I don't know a narcissist.
Speaker 2: Would like guys like that, You know, if he knows about the TikTok yet, I have no idea.
Speaker 9: I really don't.
Speaker 6: I can't.
Speaker 2: Sorry, I'm not very good with social media, so.
Speaker 1: May I disagree he has. I think he seen it, or at least he's heard about it, because other women that he knows are talking about him in this TikTok video.
Speaker 7: Them to.
Speaker 1: Like, Yeah, there's just too much overlapping his social circles.
Speaker 2: Don't underestimate how many women one man can block just to save himself.
Speaker 1: No, see, I think when you call him, he's gonna want to hang up on you. You got to say what's in it for him? And you say, listen, I will delete this TikTok if you tell me why and you promise to never do it again.
Speaker 9: I like that a lot.
Speaker 2: Okay, it goes viral and people make copies.
Speaker 1: It doesn't matter. That doesn't matter, just trying to offer something. She's got nothing else to give him.
Speaker 2: Let's just dial the guy's number and let you make your awkward Tuesday phone call. You ready, I am.
Speaker 5: Yes, yes, yes, yes, for the scorned women out there, yes.
Speaker 2: Okay, yes, And if we did you halfway through this phone call, then we did you halfway? Okay?
Speaker 9: Here, Hello, hey Scott?
Speaker 7: Uh, who's it?
Speaker 5: It's Kayla Surprise.
Speaker 7: Uh do I know you?
Speaker 3: Wow?
Speaker 5: Really, you're gonna act like we never went out at all. Don't even know who I am.
Speaker 7: Oh, we went out. Sorry, it's just I got out with a lot of girls. Did we meet up recently?
Speaker 5: You're joking, right, you're joking.
Speaker 9: No, all right, so let me let me restarsh your memory.
Speaker 5: We hung out about two months ago and you ditched me from the restaurant and made me pay the whole bill.
Speaker 7: What are you talking about?
Speaker 6: Like?
Speaker 7: Are you? Are you?
Speaker 5: Okay, Let's let's start from the beginning. Let's start from the beginning we met online. We were having dinner accounts freak restaurants. You insisted we get dessert, and then you excuse yourself so you have to go to the bathroom, and then you just completely disappeared.
Speaker 9: Didn't even come back. Sound familiar?
Speaker 7: Oh right, right yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah.
Speaker 5: Yeah right, yeah yeah yeah, No.
Speaker 1: I remember, right, yeah, I think.
Speaker 7: I think I got a phone call and they told me that someone died or something.
Speaker 5: Oh, someone died, yeah, I think, yeah, yeah, someone.
Speaker 7: Died, right, yeah, I remember. Yeah.
Speaker 5: You know, Scott, you're obviously making up some excuse for your you know, ridiculous behavior that night, and and I have a fact for you that you didn't actually just do this for me, that you've done it a lot to other women, just left them in the middle and left them picking.
Speaker 7: Up a bill for your I don't even know what you're talking about. Yeah, you do.
Speaker 5: What happened, Scott's Like I actually, after our date, I went on TikTok and made a video that actually has kind of gone viral about you actually skipped me for a three hundred and fifty dollars bill and left, and I showed your picture and you shared your name with what Yeah, and guess what I got about four or five other women that responded to my TikTok and said I know that it was him. No, no, no, no, no, no no, Scott. I think there's just such hot that you can treat women like that. It's like it's like you get off on this or something.
Speaker 7: Okay, okay, listen, just just hear me out. I think we can both agree that I'm a really good looking guy. So you can think.
Speaker 5: You did not say that, you know, you know, actually, Scott, just tell everybody you're good looking guy, because actually the joke's on you because you're on the radio, and so now everybody can hear what a head you really are?
Speaker 2: What have been language with? That's okay? That Scott?
Speaker 3: What's up?
Speaker 6: Man?
Speaker 7: Oh many, Scott.
Speaker 2: We're a radio show called Brook and Jeffrey in the Morning that you're on right now.
Speaker 3: Now back to you. Who do you think you are?
Speaker 7: Okay? Okay, not that I'm impressed?
Speaker 6: What do you?
Speaker 1: What do you?
Speaker 3: Is this true?
Speaker 2: Have you done this to a lot of people?
Speaker 7: I mean, yeah, I don't know, Yeah, I don't know.
Speaker 1: You're impressed, You're you're impressed by.
Speaker 7: What sounds like you're the ones that are impressed. You're calling me to find out.
Speaker 2: Oh, we're not impressed, one of us, to warn us you would like that Kayla is very very upset still about what happened two months ago.
Speaker 7: Well she doesn't have to be. I mean, Kayla, you can think of the meal that you paid for as some kind of exchange for the amount of time I gave you who you went out with me months ago, and you're still thinking about this body.
Speaker 5: There isn't much to think about. I'm telling you, I don't even your bro.
Speaker 1: Do you seriously have no remorse?
Speaker 7: Listen, I do it all the time. I've never been caught, so I don't know what's in it for you.
Speaker 1: I don't understand. If you're so hot, then why can't you just get women to pay for your bill and also like have a nice evening with them? Like why leave them?
Speaker 7: I mean sometimes I go home with them my guests when I want to, but I didn't want to with her.
Speaker 1: You're just a poor hot guy who can't afford dinner.
Speaker 7: I can afford it, but why would I do it when they're paying for it already.
Speaker 2: Make a bunch of money. On top of all this, a good looking guy with no money. You sound just like Brooks tight.
Speaker 1: Like I thought that like we could use like, oh, take down the TikTok and you tell us why. But it sounds like you like that. She has that TikTok video up there.
Speaker 7: I didn't know about it, but now I want to see it because I'll get a big laugh out of it.
Speaker 2: Oh, Kayla, are you cool with forwarding the TikTok over to him? Maybe be a email or something if you're not walked on it.
Speaker 5: Wait, this could be the inspiration to actually make another TikTok with this audio.
Speaker 7: Yeah, that's all right, make me famous. Hopefully I'll get my own reality show.
Speaker 2: Okay, he's gonna take our jobs.
Speaker 3: He's gonna roll with it.
Speaker 6: Cayleb.
Speaker 2: We'll send you the audio and then we'll bill you for the Matt.
Speaker 1: Two years ago.
Speaker 7: Okay, yeah, yeah, bill me.
Speaker 2: I'll uh no, no, I'm gonna build cale if it's gonna go on here.
Speaker 5: Bill me, because you know, I'm just gonna pay for everything. I guess we're all getting to raise this month, everybody.
Speaker 3: Congratulations.
Speaker 6: Shucks.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I feel that girl.
Speaker 6: I'm sorry, freaking Jeffrey in the morning.
Speaker 2: We're getting so many texts into seven, eight, five, nine to two. Right now, people are a live about that guy.
Speaker 1: He was so much well, a lot of.
Speaker 2: Listeners are saying, Brooke went easy on him. They're mad at you, Brooke, you were mean enough.
Speaker 1: It's like people like that. They don't hear it, they don't care. Like literally, I think it's him like getting somebody riled up, and he lives for that stuff.
Speaker 2: So giving a pass on that behavior. As he definitely sounded like a jerk, but at the same time, he did have this like Matthew McConaughey, like laid back, like no, Jeff, we're all He's like, we're all ditchers and ditchies in this world and this crazy blue spin in marble. I can't get all caught up in.
Speaker 3: The emotions try to be like this man would be.
Speaker 2: I'm not saying I want to be like him. I'm just saying he has an admirable amount of swagger.
Speaker 1: The only thing I believe out of that is he was actually shirtless when he was talking.
Speaker 3: To him.
Speaker 2: About his own body on.
Speaker 1: Don't need to date anybody else, He's got himself.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's.
Speaker 1: What it will always happen.
Speaker 2: Yeah, exactly. But We'll always be here for you, our listeners. If you ever need some help, you can always email the show and will help you make our next Awkward.
Speaker 1: Tuesday your TikTok as well.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Brook and Jeffrey in the.
Speaker 6: Morning, Brook and Jeffrey in the morning.
Speaker 2: It's Brook and Jeffrey in the morning. It's always cool getting texts and feedback from the listeners at seven eighty five nine two.
Speaker 1: I love it, honestly, send us more.
Speaker 2: Yeah, when they say that they like the segment or if they're giving their opinion on something. But there's one text today who's been spamming us all morning long, just being rude, saying the one who cares shut up, jeff you suck, don't care, don't care, And that's rude. I know I normally never do this, but I'm tempted to respond to them.
Speaker 1: What's you know, it's not going to be positive energy, man.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'll write something nice back. I'm just gonna say, hey, I appreciate the effort you put into your negativity. It's almost impressive. Said that one like it? Okay, that felt kind of good. It did Okay, Wait, did somebody phone just go off?
Speaker 6: Brook?
Speaker 2: Was that your phone? Phone, go off, Brook, my phone, those.
Speaker 6: Are from you.
Speaker 3: Oh, no, morning too.
Speaker 1: It's just like, I mean, you guys kind of agree with me though.
Speaker 2: I bet you were saying don't care because you're excited for care or don't care. Right, that's coming up.
Speaker 3: That's what you mean.
Speaker 1: It's like a double negative, right, that's what you do.
Speaker 2: That's what you meant by that.
Speaker 1: I don't don't care.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, okay, thank you for supporting the show Brook with your text messages brand new care don't care that Brook's really excited about. We're getting way more don't care from the number. We're gonna do it. It's coming up. I'm glad we didn't do this segment the other day because I was not feeling well. Good news is I checked myself into the hokey pokey clinic and I turned myself around.
Speaker 6: Like that.
Speaker 2: You guys know that's what it's all about. It's about edition of Carrot Don't Care. Let's get right to your first headline. Let's get to your headlines. The dumbest travel nightmare story of the year that could have easily been avoided, Carrot Don't Care.
Speaker 1: You put me in such a good mood.
Speaker 2: I can't recently, a Swiss International flight took off from Zurich, Switzerland and touchdown in Spain. All the passengers deplaned, went over to the baggage claim and waited for their luggage for more than two hours, and that whole time no bags came out.
Speaker 7: Oh my god.
Speaker 1: After like ten minutes, I'm like, all right, who do.
Speaker 2: I need to So all the travelers are just standing there very confused. Finally, on a official from Swiss Air came out to explain the situation two hours later and he told everyone, don't worry, your bags aren't lost. We just never put them on the plane.
Speaker 3: No way, are you kidding.
Speaker 2: Upon further investigation, it wasn't a problem with the bad worker. It turns out actually no workers. There was a lack of ground staff that day to handle the baggage in Switzerland, so the flight could have been delayed in order to wait for crews to come and load the bags on. But the pilots were like, eh, we want to stay on schedule, let's just take off all and they flew away without anybody's bags, Like I.
Speaker 1: Would rather leave without my bag than wait around for another flight.
Speaker 6: Bag.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you go buy a T shirt at the airport. Passengers were irate, but the airline said they were able to get most of the luggage over to Spain by the next day. Okay, the rest arrived the day after that. Well, and they're doing absolutely nothing to compensate any of the passengers.
Speaker 3: Stupid part.
Speaker 1: But it's not surprising.
Speaker 2: Even Spirit Airlines is like, damn that airline.
Speaker 1: Is you know they're actually taking notes, like, so, how did you.
Speaker 2: Do carry about this one? Science just did a study combining all of Brook's favorite things and chovies, love making and not bathing. Ah, I don't care.
Speaker 9: I care.
Speaker 2: Last weekend, the ig Nobel Prize winners were announced. Oh, if you're unfamiliar with that, that's like the Nobel Prize, but it's for the silliest, weirdest, sometimes dumbest real scientific pursuits that have happened over the past year.
Speaker 1: You don't want to be on this list if you're actually a scientist.
Speaker 2: For example, in literature, somebody funded a study on the sensations people feel when they repeat a single word many many, many many many many many many many many many many times.
Speaker 1: But it is so weird.
Speaker 2: We always get when you get stuck the word.
Speaker 1: I don't think you need a study on its toy toy say that one a bunch of times.
Speaker 2: Meanwhile, in medicine, they did a study using cadavers to explore if there's an equal number of nose hairs inside of everybody's nostrils.
Speaker 3: Wait a minute, this is interesting to me. What do girls have more or less?
Speaker 7: Do I have on you?
Speaker 3: Jeff?
Speaker 2: It's pretty dumb research. But if you are wondering, it turns out we're not equal. Everybody's got a different number of nose hairs.
Speaker 1: Changing news inside of my head felt heavy.
Speaker 2: You do look like you got more bristles.
Speaker 7: Than I do.
Speaker 2: It there, Jeff, And that's just my heritage. In geology, one paleontologist spent weeks doing a study to figure out why other paleontologists like to lick rocks. Wait, they do, apparently, And it turns out he did find an answer to why, because if it turns out to be piece of fossilized bone, it'll stick to your tongue. If it doesn't, it's just a normal rock.
Speaker 1: What they can't make.
Speaker 2: It's the best way to find out.
Speaker 1: I want to licks some rocks.
Speaker 2: And finally, in physics, researchers spent months measuring the extent to which ocean water is affected by the sexual activity of anchovies in it.
Speaker 1: What do you mean, but that's why the ocean water is rising.
Speaker 2: Turns out they didn't find anything. But if you do want to see the hot footage of those anchovies and action, I'll go pull it out of the secret folder on my laptop I titled tax information. Let's see if you guys care about this. One the top four worst things you can do during romance, and Jose only does three of them.
Speaker 3: Oh, I bet I do, I don't care.
Speaker 7: I care.
Speaker 1: I care for the anchovies.
Speaker 2: A new survey just found the number one mood killer during about of romance. They say it's the top thing that can make someone even fake it. Forty six percent of women say bad breasth the top instant turnoff when it comes to intimacy. Thirty eight percent of men agree.
Speaker 1: Yeah. I mean, if you're gonna like go eat garlic, you both have to eat the garlic. You know what I mean, Like, you gotta have the same mouth.
Speaker 2: I will power through someone else's. I don't care running. A close second is the temperature of the room. Don't want it to be too cold. Can't be too hot either.
Speaker 3: I can see that.
Speaker 1: I don't think I've ever been affected by temperature, really sure.
Speaker 3: Before they even start.
Speaker 2: Third is bad lighting that can kill the mood. And fourth is overthinking it.
Speaker 1: Okay, right, you're up in your head. You just can't enjoy what's going on. There's more of a women's list. Is that what I'm hearing? It sounds like the men in the room aren't thinking about anything.
Speaker 2: The study also found, surprisingly two out of five men have faked it in order to just get it over with.
Speaker 3: How do guys fake it.
Speaker 1: Away with it?
Speaker 3: In order to.
Speaker 2: Actually achieve what everybody's trying to achieve? They say, the number one tip for women is to dim down the lighting.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, give me a candle. Light makes the It's about us. We want to look hotter. I don't care about what.
Speaker 2: The dude looks like. Oh got it. But for men, they want to be able to see more stuff, so that conflicts with them.
Speaker 1: We want to see it, but the magnifying glasses away are.
Speaker 2: Women also say they like massages and sexy talk, So, in other words, prepare to be very disappointed ladies, because none of that's happening. Finally, Jeff's joke of the day, Carrot, don't care? Why did the rooster go to KFC? He wanted to see a chicken strip?
Speaker 3: That good?
Speaker 2: I'm waiting, It's funny, don't care.
Speaker 6: Brooke and Jeffrey in the morning.
Speaker 2: On the phone. Right now, we have Arts, the tech solutions specialist, who has appeared on this segment three times before. His record is one, one and one. Is that just a coincidence or is there some sort of sinister meaning behind triple ones? Today? Does it mean Arthur does not believe that the moon landing really happened? Is that the date when Arthur thinks the world will finally come to an end? Or is it his pant waste and leg size?
Speaker 6: Arthur?
Speaker 2: What is your pant size?
Speaker 3: Not one one one?
Speaker 2: Experts may never find out the true meaning of one one one, but I do know those numbers will change after today. What definitely?
Speaker 1: It's like, what are you talking about? All I know is that birds are That's.
Speaker 2: All right, Arthur. We're going to talk more conspiracies than just a second. But first we're sending Broke out of the studio.
Speaker 7: And while that.
Speaker 2: Happens, that's the real Brook.
Speaker 3: Lizard.
Speaker 2: Arthur we're in a mood this morning. I apologize, man, but you got thirty seconds answer as many questions as possible. If you don't know when you could say pass You do have to beat her outright to win? Are you ready?
Speaker 7: Let's go?
Speaker 6: All right?
Speaker 3: Here we go?
Speaker 2: Time starts now? Today is international talk like a pirate day? What is the eighteenth letter of the alphabet? Scientists use what part of a wooly mammoth to determine its age? Who was the first American in space? Alan Shepherd, Buzz Aldrin or Neil Armstrong? What planet is located between Venus and Mars in a marathon? What is the piece of paper called that runners where that identifies them with a number.
Speaker 6: Past?
Speaker 3: What was past?
Speaker 2: Went with pass On? I think three of his answers Brooks coming back in the studio. You did tell our producer, though, Arthur, that your favorite time of year is the fall, specifically because of Halloween. Yeah, and you have three kids who are talking costumes right now? What is everybody thinking?
Speaker 9: Little one wants to be Powerpuff Girl?
Speaker 7: I think bubbles. Oh, and my middle son wants to be something scary you don't know yet.
Speaker 1: Okay, obviously zombie powerpuff Girl.
Speaker 2: He could be Blossom.
Speaker 7: And what about the third He hasn't really spoke up about it yet.
Speaker 1: He's a teenager, is what you're saying. Yeah, yeah, so he's scary anyway. Yeah, teenagers frightening.
Speaker 3: Just emotional.
Speaker 2: Yeah, speaking of a emotionally frightening brook Are you ready? Transition?
Speaker 3: Here we go.
Speaker 2: Your time starts now? Today is international talk? Like a pirate dad? What is the eighteenth letter of the alphabet?
Speaker 9: Uh?
Speaker 2: Are scientists use what part of a wooly mammoth to determine its age?
Speaker 1: The tusk?
Speaker 2: Who was the first American in space? Alan Shepherd? Buzz Aldrin or Neil Armstrong in space?
Speaker 1: Alan Shepherd?
Speaker 2: What planet is located between Venus and Mars Mercury? In a marathon? Is the piece of paper call that runners were that identifies them with the number? All right, it's good work, everybody. We're gonna go to the scoreboard and see how y'all did with jose.
Speaker 3: Magic's not real.
Speaker 1: If it was the Orlando Magic would have won a championship. By now, Arthur, you got one correct out.
Speaker 3: The fourth one. God, that was your fourth one and that's probably why Brooke. Yeah, got four.
Speaker 2: Numbers were not in your favor today, Arthur. Let's go over the answers real quick. It's international talk like a pirate day. That's why the eighteenth letter of the alphabet is our.
Speaker 9: Dude.
Speaker 1: He got that one right, No, get it?
Speaker 6: Come on.
Speaker 2: Scientists used the wooly Mann's tusks to determine their age. It's like counting the rings on a tree. Oh, I don't know if that's true. Really it is. The first American in space was Alan Shepherd. Neil was the first man on the moon.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that was a tricky question.
Speaker 2: Shepherd foo solo in nineteen sixty one up into space. The planet between Venus and Mars is Earth. In a marathon. That piece of paper that has the number on it to identify everybody that's called a bib.
Speaker 3: Arthur.
Speaker 2: I'm sorry, man, we can't give you any money here, but the good news is just we're playing. You get a pair of tickets to see the Danish europop sensation and singers of Barbie Girl Aqua perform live November twelfth at the Paramount Theater.
Speaker 1: All right, sweet man, I met you'll know all their hits.
Speaker 2: You said that with an ass, Yeah, dancing queen, Come on dancing.
Speaker 3: Queen's a good one.
Speaker 2: Oh well, they never mind. Have a show though, have a great time, okay, Arthur, all right, thank you. All right, we'll be back to windbrooks Bock same time tomorrow, Brooki Jeffrey in the morning.