Speaker 1: To Teas in a Pod which Teddy Mellencamp and tam Ri Jeedge. Hi, guys, welcome to another episode of to Teas in a Pod, except it's only one tea and an eve.
Speaker 2: Guest co host Emily Simpson.
Speaker 3: Hi, Hi, I'm excited.
Speaker 2: Are you ready to get shady and do all the things? Oh?
Speaker 3: My gosh, I always am in trouble anyway, so why not let's do it?
Speaker 2: Okay?
Speaker 1: So, first couple of things I posted on my instant story if anybody has questions for you. First thing that people ask me, because Tama's going on vacation, Emily Simpson will be filling in for Tamara. First question was, Teddy, did you actually get to pick who you wanted to co host with you?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 3: I don't even know the answer to this.
Speaker 1: I actually got to Well, first I was just like kind of going through the list of people, and I was like, all right, who don't like?
Speaker 2: For me?
Speaker 1: The guidelines are who doesn't take themselves too seriously?
Speaker 3: Right?
Speaker 1: Who's actually willing to do the work and watch the shows and get invested because not everybody will. Some people say they will, but then they half asset and I'm like, no, she's like a lawyer, like she actually does.
Speaker 3: So I do my homework, I do the research. If I have an assignment, I do the assignment.
Speaker 1: Okay, So those two things, and then plus, we've always had so much fun with you, and no matter what we're watching on the show or not, I feel like you're always going to give your opinion, which is what I want, even if it's not my opinion, though mine is normally the right one. Oh my gosh, Okay, that will free Well, we will see, we'll see. And something I was curious about, Yeah, because once we asked you, you had to go back because you hadn't been watching New York nor Salt like no or ing. So, yeah, you've never watched Going Into any reunion or anything.
Speaker 2: You've never watched the episodes.
Speaker 1: No, So how was it sitting down and binge watching New York and Salt Lake?
Speaker 3: You know? I mean it was a lot of pressure because I was like, oh my god, when I was on vacation. So when we got back from vacation, I had to just like sit and binge all of them. But I don't I mean, I actually enjoyed it. I was like, oh no, I get it now. I understand why people watch. It's kind of entertaining.
Speaker 1: And if you had to pick, would you rather if you had to pick which cast you were going to be on, would you rather be on New York or Salt Lake?
Speaker 3: Well, I mean, I love the ladies on New York, but as far as my personality and me, I feel like I fit better with Salt Lake.
Speaker 2: And who would be your best friend on salt Lake?
Speaker 1: Well?
Speaker 3: Probably Lisa Barlowe, because I do know Lisa and I am. We do chat, you know, kind of often, so but you know, you never know.
Speaker 2: How can you're not child Lisa? She never stops talking. I know.
Speaker 3: Well basically what I mean is she talks and I just sit and listen. That's what I meant by talk.
Speaker 2: Oh my gosh.
Speaker 1: Other questions for you were, what is it that shifted that made you want to do like this fitness lifestyle change?
Speaker 2: Was there like a defining moment?
Speaker 3: You know? I posted today and I said when I turned forty two, which happens to coincide with exactly when I went on the show, was age forty two. I gained forty pounds just and I didn't change anything in my lifestyle. It's not like I went out and changed my diet, or I got depressed, or I mean, I think it was all hormonal and just being middle aged and you know, probably dealing with the show and not dealing with it well. And for five years I've had, you know, an extra forty pounds on. And I said, you know, I still wore a bathing suit all five seasons. I walked around. I never cared, but I wasn't comfortable. It's not I didn't feel like myself, and so I really just wanted to feel like myself again. And so that's why I really committed to it. I was tired of feeling I'm tired of being tired, and tired of my clothes not fitting, and tired of not feeling like me.
Speaker 1: And I think something that you did just say that a lot of people can't was even when you weren't feeling like yourself, it doesn't mean that you still don't love yourself, or you're still not body positive or wherever. Yeah, it is that we all currently are because I've been in the same situation. It's just wanting to get to a place where you feel better personally. It's not like for everybody else, it's for us.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and I hate it. And you know, the comment that I get that I can't stand is when people are like, oh, you live in Orange County, you conformed. Conformed? First of all, I'm brunette. I'm five foot nine. I outweigh all these bitches in Orange County by fifty pounds. Even when I'm at my fennis. There is no conforming, Like I clearly didn't conform, and my husband's Mormon, Like, I'm like non conforming. I just want to feel healthy and fit and have energy. I mean, what's wrong with that? Every woman wants to feel like that. Yeah, why not?
Speaker 2: Oh my gosh, you just reminded me that Shane's Mormons. We have so much more insight on salt Lake.
Speaker 3: Like, No, I was watching salt Lake and I was like, you girls should really have Shane on here, not me, Like, why is he not doing why is he not recapping salt Lake? He's got so many opinions. Well, I do have.
Speaker 1: We have a couple questions that maybe if he can, he can chime in and give us the answers to because I am a little confused about it. And I got a tongue lashing by some of our listeners because I thought I knew the answers because I have some people that are LDS that work with me, and.
Speaker 2: I've heard that.
Speaker 1: But what I've learned is in the Mormon community, it's not like the same rules everybody applies to their life.
Speaker 2: It's a little bit skewed well.
Speaker 3: And I and you know, I also feel like with Mormonism or LDS and these women on Salt Lake City are in Utah, and when you're talking about Heather, you're talking about someone that comes from a long line of family that are that have been Mormon throughout their whole life. And a lot of times I think doctrine, like actual written doctrine, gets confused with just how things have been done in that family and in Utah. And I don't know. Shane's like an Orange County Mormon, so a lot of times he's like, I don't even know what they're talking about. So I think there's a huge difference between Utah and Orange. He's an Orange County Mormon.
Speaker 1: I don't know the question, did you and Shane consummate your marriage prior to getting married?
Speaker 3: No, he doesn't, he doesn't. He's such a good he's a good he's a good Mormon. Yeah, so hold on, did you soak first? Soak? What is that? I don't even know what that means?
Speaker 1: What soaking is where you put it in, but you don't penetrate, like you know.
Speaker 3: If it's in, how are you not penetrating?
Speaker 2: I don't know.
Speaker 1: These are things terms I've learned, like you you go in, but you don't go up like this, what is this word?
Speaker 2: You'll learn? Vocabulary is not my strong suit.
Speaker 3: I don't I don't know either way.
Speaker 2: It goes in, but you don't go there's no friction, Oh, there's no thrusting.
Speaker 1: Oh, so apparently there's a loophole. It's like, how there's a loophole you can drink Monster Energy drinks so you can't drink a coffee.
Speaker 3: Yeah. Well, I don't know about those loopholes. I was trying. I actually had a long conversation with Shane about those because I didn't understand it either, And I don't know if I ever got like a straight answer. Like a lot of it was like, well it's suggested. I'm like, well, is it written? Is it suggested?
Speaker 2: Like? I don't get it, And at what point do you get ousted?
Speaker 1: Because we're watching this season of Lisa Barlow and then we'll get into housewife atalize on all this stuff. But this season on Lisa Barlow's son is going on a mission. Lisa Barlow's son, as you saw in one of the earlier episodes, says he's going on a mission. But then we're also seeing Lisa Barlow. She has a tequila company, she drinks, she does all the things. When it comes to your kids, yeah, and growing up, like you have a son, two yeah, two sons, how would you feel about him wanting to go on a mission or them becoming lds?
Speaker 3: Oh? I know, you know that is so hard. That's been a struggle just because Shane is Mormon, and I respect him. He's my husband, so I respect him. I respect his religion, I respect his decisions. It's it's difficult when it comes to our children because I'm not religious and I don't even know a lot about his religion. I ask questions and we have conversations, but then I just kind of get bored and I like kind of bow out. So you know, Shane went on a mission.
Speaker 2: So did he meet his first wife?
Speaker 3: No, not on a mission. I don't even know where he'm as first wife. You tall, So I don't know, I don't know where. Yeah, you know what, I would be okay with it just because I think it's such a growth experience. Shane's oldest daughter, Shelby, went on a mission, and I tell you, she was a totally different person when she came back. She was more mature, she was she spoke better, she was helpful around the house when before she was in her room was always a mess. She came back for her mission and she was like, how can I help? She was doing dishes, she was making her bed. I was like, can I send all my kids on the mission? Like this is amazing? Can they go? Like?
Speaker 2: Can I send Shame back on another mission?
Speaker 3: I mean they come back and they're like helpful, and they're mature and they speak well, and I don't know, I thought it was a really good experience.
Speaker 2: Well, okay, well I like it.
Speaker 1: But on your Instagram you've been posting about something that you got done to your eyes. I've always been really open about, you know, my necklift or botox or any of the things.
Speaker 2: So what exactly did you get done? What's the sinch?
Speaker 3: It's called a bleff. I don't know what the whole word is obviously it's like a long medical term, but the term is bleff b l E p H. And it's where they just where it's a simple surgery. I was awake during the whole thing. It's where they just cut out that you know, that layer of skin where my guy friend just did this. Yeah, and it starts to it starts to fall. I noticed in photos of myself that I didn't have eyes anymore. It was just eyelashes and lips. That was it. There were like no eyeballs.
Speaker 2: So you like go to put makeup on and this part would like move around.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and it was like low, you know what I mean. Like it was like I literally didn't have any eyeballs. I mean I have small eyes anyway. So then when they when I start to get old and it starts to droop, there's just like nothing. It was just like eyelashes and big lips. That was it.
Speaker 2: No, I never noticed for the record, but I know it's.
Speaker 3: So it's finally healed. It's been like three weeks now. But it's nice. There's more space up there now.
Speaker 2: So was it painful?
Speaker 3: Uh No, not really. I mean the actual procedure wasn't painful. It took about an hour and a half and he did it. You know, I was awake. I mean, it's awkward. You know, you're laying there, you know, while someone's cutting your eye, you can feel pressure. And then I was sore the next day. And it's kind of hard to see because it's all you know, you're cut and it's bleedy, and you know, but I healed really quickly, really nicely.
Speaker 2: So well, it looks beautiful. Thank you for being so transparent.
Speaker 1: No matter what, me and Tamra get ourselves in hot water in some capacity, so lucky for you while you're filling in for her, I'm sure you can get yourself in more.
Speaker 2: This first one was talk.
Speaker 1: Of shames Instagram. I had no idea, and then all of a sudden, everyone started sending me this. Tamra and Teddy's pod interview with Erica Jane has entered the Tom Girardi competency chat. Erica Jane's interview on To Teas and a Pod just got introduced as evidence on the Tom Girardi's competency hearing. Erica said on to Teas in a Pod that Tom asked how her show was doing. The defense has been arguing that this type of dementia that Tom has means he can't retain new memories. But the prosecution is trying to show through this podcast that he is aware of things happening in current time.
Speaker 2: Okay, how normal is.
Speaker 1: It in like the court of law that they're gonna go to like a gossip Bravo podcast and pull like it was.
Speaker 3: Well, they're clearly following everything Erica Jane closely, you know, because they're trying to look for some evidence of you know, her having conversations with him, and so it just happened to that they found some evidence on your podcast. Good job, way to go. I feel like you guys should get like.
Speaker 2: A medal or something.
Speaker 1: I was like, are we official journalists now? Like I can't hope.
Speaker 3: You don't get called to testify.
Speaker 1: Oh my god, Joe, I have If you get called to testify, do you have to testify?
Speaker 3: I think it just depends. I mean, you could get subpoenaed, but I don't I don't know exactly. I don't know. It depends on the circumstances and what they want you to testify about. And I mean, I'm just joking. I don't think they're going to call you to testify. I don't think so it's all happen. They have the evidence that they want. It's her, it's her talking about out. I mean, what are you gonna do? Just confirm what's on the video.
Speaker 2: I was under the influence during the pod. I can't remember, right, Okay.
Speaker 1: Then the next one is the Real Housewives of New York seating chart. So we've got Andy in the middle. Then we've got Jessel Bred and Uba on one side, and then on the other side we have Aaron, Jenna and side.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Is this what you expected now that you've watched all of the episodes?
Speaker 3: Yeah, now that I've watched all of them. At one time, I didn't expect Jessel by Andy. I wouldn't have done that. But I mean, who would you have put there? Probably Brenn. I just thought she. I just thought she was a lot. But you know, seating charts, Honestly, people make a big deal out of seating charts. But can I just confirm that I'm always on the end and I'm still here after five years.
Speaker 2: And I can confirm that I was always in the middle, and I'm gone.
Speaker 3: I am always on the end. I feel like they're like, you know, who are we gonna put on the end? Emily definitely put Emily on the end.
Speaker 1: But I do think there is something to be said about first seat whether I don't think this two and three really makes that big of a difference.
Speaker 2: I think first seat is like a sign of who Andy is really enjoying. It's just my guess.
Speaker 3: I don't know if it's enjoying as much as it's that person had a lot of things going on and a lot to talk about, so they're closest to Andy, I know.
Speaker 1: I actually was a little bit shocked though, even though I don't think she's been a part of the drama. But I thought Jenna would be first seat because she seems like the.
Speaker 2: Like almost like the top.
Speaker 3: Dog, and like she's the HBIC.
Speaker 2: Right, Yeah, she's definitely the HBIC. Yeah, they're all she's the name.
Speaker 1: She's also the one that I feel like all the women are a little scared to fuck with.
Speaker 3: They are, they really are. But they like to do it when she's not around though, Yeah, they like to do it when she's not around.
Speaker 1: And but they also I think there's a bit of intimidation.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I think so too. I mean they're always like, oh, it's General Lyons, It's General Alliance. I mean, I didn't know who Genal Lyons was, but I just you know, I watched ten episodes at one time, and clearly like she was by far, like the biggest name on that show. Because everybody's like, it's Gena Allons. We're in Genal Lion's closet, this is General Lions shoes, this is General Lyon's you know chair. So I was like, oh, well, she's a big deal, right.
Speaker 2: Apparently she's a really big job.
Speaker 1: We also wouldn't be considered New York socialites, so I think that we're able to.
Speaker 3: I can barely hang out in Orange County, like they just let me live here.
Speaker 1: I barely read this podcast. This is where I actually reside Spinner time. We'll get back into New York after we've got some Bethany Frankel news. Okay, Bethany gets back backlash over giving used makeup to TJ Max employee. The video has been deleted, but don't worry, I took the time to rewatch it. Glorified gossip Girls Instagram has been posting some of her comments. So just to give you guys any backstory, if you haven't seen she Essentially she does these makeup tutorials or whatever they are, where she talks about her favorite makeup brands, she tries them on, says this one's worth it, this one's not. She's made a big thing of it on TikTok. People love it or they don't. You know, she's a polarizing person regardless. But she does this thing where she shows up to TJ Max with all of her used makeup.
Speaker 3: It's so cringey. I couldn't even watch it. I mean it gave me a stomach ache. I'm not even kidding so bad. I mean, I think there's a difference.
Speaker 1: Okay, I don't have a problem with use makeup. So like if I when it comes to like if you and I were sitting at dinner, yeah, and you were like, oh you, I was like, oh shoot, I need lip gloss and I was like, oh my gosh, I love it.
Speaker 2: I'm obsessed, and you were like, have this one. I have another one?
Speaker 3: Yeah. That So I feel like that's completely appropriate between friends, you know. I mean I get sent a bunch of free stuff too, not like the level of Bethany Frankel, but I mean I get stuff away to friends, even if and I can see even if you tried it once and you're like, it's not really my color, not really my thing, but do you want it? It would be great for you. Like, I don't have a problem with that. I think the problem is just the cringiness of walking into a public space with a huge bag full of makeup that's been used one time and trying to pawn it off on poor Kenzuela. Yeah, And that was like, I was like, she just wouldn't stop. She's like, no, take it like you want it. And you could tell the woman like didn't want to have anything to do with it.
Speaker 2: She didn't know what was going on.
Speaker 3: I'm sure she didn't consent to being on her video. I mean, it was so bad.
Speaker 1: It would not only was it so bad, she said to my friend. And then she didn't even know Constreila's name, I know, and then she just kept going. And the part that really got me was now she already doesn't want your used products. She can tell she's uncomfortable, you can tell she doesn't want to be videoed. But then she says, I'm not allowed to take this because I'm at work. And then Bethany as if she owns TJ Max.
Speaker 3: It's like, I'll reach out. Yes, let me, let me get my people to reach out to their people, and I will make this happen. You can take my used makeup. It's not a problem. I will fix this. I will reach out. I was like, mine, goodness, let it go.
Speaker 1: And I just kind of wonder what kind of complex you have to have to get to that point, Because now she did an additional post which I think is also deleted, where it may not be deleted. I hope it was deleted because I felt awkward watching it where she talks about, yes, cancel me because I regift. Listen, I also regift if somebody gives me a nice candle and at somebody's like housewarming, all that nice candle unopened to my friend. Yeah, but the way that she says it is not like I'm giving regifting to my friend. She always tries to say her regifting is to someone that's in a position where they work for her or they've done something nice for her, or like it's always like I don't know, I just don't like that, like I am above everybody.
Speaker 3: Well, yeah, the gifting wasn't a regifting like you and I regift at Christmas time, I find some you know, makeup in my closet to give to like the kids, teacher or something like. That's the kind of regifting I do. And it's brand new. It's never been open too, yes, but this is like and she kept calling it brand new, but she'd be like, it's brand new, but I only used it once. But it's brand new, but I only used it once, Like I mean, like I'm gonna go to like I'm gonna go to you know, to Trader Joe's and get milk that's only been used once. Like now, yeah, brand new. I just respired yet, so it's fine.
Speaker 2: Well, she also did where she gave makeup to workers at a mini mart, and then somebody comments, why is the assumption that Consuela can't afford a Patrick taw palette genuine question been a long time follower, and she writes back, she's a cashier at TJ.
Speaker 3: Max, Oh my goodness, and.
Speaker 2: I just.
Speaker 1: Listen, I personally don't. It's just so out of touch. I personally don't even want to spend that kind of money for makeup myself. So I understand that she's saying it's expensive, But if you've opened that shit and you don't personally know the person, you don't give.
Speaker 2: It to anyone.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's the assumption that I think is so cringey. It's just the assumption that you know that people that work at TJ Max can't afford makeup, and it's so cringing. And she doubled down on it, like she knows that people are talking about this, they're talking about it negatively, like we can't believe that you did this, And she instead of like recognizing that maybe it was cringey and something that she did wrong, she doubles down. She's like me because she works at TJ Max. That's a lot.
Speaker 2: But also, do.
Speaker 1: You find it something that you do where you would film yourself doing any of your good deeds, Like, it's one thing if you're doing it on a television show, you're living out your regular life and whatever maybe that you're doing, that's one thing. Right when you're if you were to decide to like go through Starbucks sign where occasionally you know you'll pay for the person behind you.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and I'm filming it, filming it. Look look what I'm doing.
Speaker 2: But by the way, that's actually a good deed. That's different.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I don't know. I mean it's like, when her purpose is to be altruistic, then just be altruistic. You don't have to like put Consuela in your video and to make it look like you're a good person. Just be a good person. None haves to document somebody.
Speaker 2: And don't call somebody your friend if you don't know their fucking name. I think that's a general rule.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I mean that's that's like rule one oh one, you know in humanity, like, yeah, here's my friend, I'm sorry, what's your name? What's your name?
Speaker 1: And also I want to get Kenzuela on the phone and be like, I need to know if you actually ever complimented her all the time she's come in and purchased makeup, Has it always been you at this station?
Speaker 2: Like or did she just pick anybody random?
Speaker 3: It was anyone random. And I didn't even understand what she was saying they compliment her on She was like, they compliment me on my purchases or something like on her purchases like good job buying makeup. Like I don't understand compliment her on her purchases.
Speaker 1: It's one thing food. Sometimes we will be like, oh, that's my favorite yummy.
Speaker 3: But like, I don't know any who Isn't she a big advocate for you know, reality TV and you know, people should unionize and they should get paid what they're worth. And she made Consuela a reality star without giving her a contract or money. True, I think that, you know.
Speaker 1: In closing, I think Bethany is a big advocate for herself and she figures out anyway that she can get pressed and listen, you do you, but when you do make a mistake and listen, I put my foot in my mouth all the fucking time.
Speaker 2: But if I do make a mistake, I'm gonna say I'm sorry.
Speaker 3: Yeah. Well, let me ask you a question. If you were gonna, okay, you have your phone and you go into a public place, would you ask the person there before you film them and put them up on your Instagram? You know where you have like a million followers. I mean, I don't know how many followers Bethany has. I assume it's millions. Yeah.
Speaker 1: I mean the other day I was going into a doctor's office and we had to run through like a full sprinkler system because a truck had hit like whatever, the water thing and it was everywhere, and I did a video of it because it was hilarious, and before I posted, I looked behind me at the two other women and said, hey, guys, I know you don't even know who I am or anything, but I have a good amount of followers on Instagram.
Speaker 2: Are you okay with your face being in the background of this shit show?
Speaker 1: And they were both like, oh, yeah, it's totally fine, right, Like I think there's a level of respect, just like posting somebody else's kids or somebody at their job.
Speaker 3: It's just I don't know, I think it's but you know, and even the difference in that story that you just told, those are people in the background, Like you weren't making the video about them, like she made the video. The video is about Gonzuela. Yeah, I mean she's the star of the video. She didn't even I mean, yours are just background actors that just happened to like be in the shot.
Speaker 2: I mean by alone shot. Yeah, like the fault they had to be.
Speaker 3: There, right, And you still ask them how good would it have.
Speaker 1: Been if Consuela was like, this is my first day, right, She's like, and I don't know who you are, and we're not from get out. Oh my gosh, all right, you guys, we're gonna take a quick break and then we'll come back and we will recap the Real Housewives of New York. So we are back to recap the Real Housewives of New York. It starts off which Vessel says she thinks that Aaron does not believe that she grew up with nothing. Uba says, who is anyone to question where someone came from and how much money they had in their account? Jessel says she does not have to explain herself to anyone. Okay, do we think that Jessel is trying to create a storyline that paints a different portrait from the truth or do you think she was just sharing her story and is long winded.
Speaker 3: I don't know. I mean, I kind of can go either way. I really don't know. I when she was talking and she was explaining the uncles and living in Paris and like there's a painter or something, I was like, what the hell is she talking about? Like this doesn't make any sense to me at all? How did we get here? We're in Paris and we're talking about a photographer or something. But then she just, you know, she swore up and down. They're like, she came from nothing, and you know she only had twenty dollars when she went to New York. And then in my mind, I'm thinking, why would someone make that up? I mean, if I grew up wealthy, I would just own it and be like, yeah, I grow up wealthy. So I don't know, I don't really know. I guess I'm split on that. I don't know.
Speaker 2: I'm I was split on it too.
Speaker 1: And then I watched Aaron on Watch What Happens Live whatever it was last night or two nights ago, and she said, what what Jessel didn't actually realize is that if you're in a situation where you can live with your uncle and you can have an internship where you're not being paid, that itself is a privilege.
Speaker 3: Yeah, And I know Aaron said the uncle was wealthy. Is that confirmed? Like was he a wealthy uncle or do we not know? I don't think.
Speaker 1: I mean, I I think he's a wealthy uncle. I think he's a wealthy uncle from what I've looked into. But I also want to know the juxtaposition between at what point was Jessel. I don't know that Jessel was trying to one upside on who had a harder upbringing or up or even to Brent. I think she's just sharing her own personal thoughts on how she grew up, and she probably has no real reality of.
Speaker 3: Well, yeah, because if someone did grow up privileged and then they only had twenty dollars in their bank account and they weren't intern they probably think that's shit, right, Like they're like, it was so hard because that's their perception, right, So you know, I don't know, I mean, I don't know. Didn't she say her college was paid for? Though he didn't her parents pay for her school? I think so.
Speaker 1: I mean, I I think that we all have moments when we look back in parts of our life where I'm like, gosh, those first couple of years I was in LA were a little rough. I lived in that studio apartment on my freaking bunk bed futon and.
Speaker 2: We were rough in it.
Speaker 1: That being said, my parents still shipped my car out here for me, and you know, got my foot in the first door to get my first job. Like, there are things that I wouldn't have had if it wasn't for them.
Speaker 2: Did I have any money?
Speaker 1: No?
Speaker 2: Yeah, But did I grow up with money?
Speaker 3: Yes?
Speaker 2: So it's like, did.
Speaker 3: I have any money? No? Did I grow up with money? No? But but you have it now. I'm doing fine now, so it's all good. Yeah.
Speaker 1: I mean, I just think if she was doing it after cy was sharing her story, or Brenn was sharing her story in a way to say to try to one up theirs, I would think it was different.
Speaker 2: But I don't think that was necessarily the case. They asked her.
Speaker 3: They did ask her because they were saying that they knew about everyone else except for her, because she hadn't really shared any of her background or her family, and so I don't know. Then she did share, and then they didn't want to accept what she shared. So they're like, share your life, share it. And then she shares it and they're like, not that life.
Speaker 2: No, our life was worse, Like it's not a competition on her had a harder upbringing.
Speaker 1: At that point in time, if she would have cut off bren or Py mid sentence and been like, Wow, you have no idea how bad my life was, right then I would have been like fuck.
Speaker 2: You, Jessel.
Speaker 3: But at this point I was like, she just shared.
Speaker 2: She doesn't know anybody.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I mean, she's sharing it. Was a like a odd way to share. I mean we had to go to Paris and then we were in Africa. I mean we had to go around the globe.
Speaker 1: So but I do feel like Jessel could be like I went to Starbucks and the girls would be like, you don't love coffee like we love coffee. Yeah, Like there's always something that she's gonna say that's gonna piss him off.
Speaker 3: Yeah, totally.
Speaker 1: And she doesn't fully like listen to what the other girls are saying either.
Speaker 2: I don't think.
Speaker 3: No, she doesn't. I like her husband, though he reminded me of Shane, doesn't he.
Speaker 2: Yeah, he actually, now that you say that, he does kind of remind me.
Speaker 3: Yeah, But I just want to say to Paot, like I think Pabot can run because Shane walked. Like I feel like like people probably get him because of Shane Simpson. I think he like paved the way for those men that aren't interested in filming and don't really give a crap about you know, their like what their image damage. Yeah, I mean Shane's like that he doesn't care, and I love it when he's like sixty two thousand for preschool, Like are you kidding? Like We're gonna pay for them to like paint and color like. That would have been Shane. I don't care how much money Shane has. If I told him we had to pay sixty two thousand for our kids to go to Montossori, he would have been like, are you kidding to the.
Speaker 1: Same school that Tom Cruise's son yet, I.
Speaker 3: Mean his children are adult children too, so it's not like you're going to rub shoulders with Tom Cruise. I mean, yeah, kids are adults.
Speaker 1: I Actually, I have noticed that there is a lot of fan love for Pavit now, where at the beginning it was a little rough, but then now people have kind of you're you're seeing a shift where people are starting.
Speaker 2: To love Jessel and Povet.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and it's kind of we just had to we had to stay the course, which I think is the same with Shane.
Speaker 2: At first, Shane, we didn't know.
Speaker 3: Yeah, well, I think I think so many husbands that you should ask Shane about this because he has such an opinion about husbands on housewife shows, like he's he's so opinionated, because I think he feels like so many husbands play up to the camera, you know, they're like, so what did you do at brunch with your girlfriends? And he's like, no one would ever actually ask that, And he doesn't do stuff like that. He never asked me things that He's like, I would never ask you that, So I'm not doing it, And I think I like Pap, it's the same ways. It's like I'm going to go where's you going like Vietnam to get a sandwich or it's like that's so Shane. He'd be like, I'm going to in and out. You've been film by yourself.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Like I'm not going to waste my time asking you bullshit questions.
Speaker 3: Right. It did take Shane a full season to turn around to do the three three three seasons maybe two.
Speaker 1: I feel like it just took me one. I feel like the first season I was like, I think I didn't love like certain things he would say to you. But then I realized my husband says the same shit to me, So I'm like, that's why I'm actually, yeah.
Speaker 3: Yeah he does. I've been in Vegas with you. He does say the same stuff.
Speaker 2: So I related to it.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: I took personally as if Shane put those things to make right, then we have Brent chugging some pineapple juice and says that this is for you, Jenna.
Speaker 3: Is that a sexual window is the pineapple juice?
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's supposed to make Well, here's the thing. I knew it was supposed to make sperm.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I didn't get but I didn't know that it made like your vagina tastes better.
Speaker 2: I mean, and what do we call vagina juice?
Speaker 3: What is it? I don't uh, I don't know, secret discharge.
Speaker 4: That's like from your uterus. I don't know, no, but I it's only for.
Speaker 3: Men, like I know, when Shane buys the pineapple juice at the grocery store, I got to hide.
Speaker 2: Out that you're gonna have to get on your knees and go to town. But I really didn't know that.
Speaker 1: I mean, I never I'm not a big pineapple juice drinker, so I've never been like, oh, that pineapple.
Speaker 2: Juice really made my pea smell good? Right like where you know asparagus is a problem.
Speaker 3: Yeah, asparagus is a problem. But I don't understand. So pineapple juice makes your vogina like taste fresh, fresh, fresh and fresh and citrusy.
Speaker 2: I don't know. But she kept doing it.
Speaker 1: But Brenn jokingly tells Jenna that she has a crush on her. Okay, I get that bren is a flirt, but at some point do we think that bren is taking her flirting a little too far? And if this was like reversed in any other situation, mm hm, I feel like we'd be in a pickle.
Speaker 3: I do think that her whole personality is just flirtatious, from the moment she gets up to the time she goes about. I bet she flirts with every single person she comes in contact with. And I actually find it cute, Like I find her to be funny and lighthearted and cute. And but I don't know, I worry about Jenna because I don't I worry that like she's gonna like hurt her or like break her little heart because I feel like Jenna is actually falling for her. I mean I felt like she was talking about how she was beautiful and you know, and she's always so insecure with herself, so to have like the hot, bodacious, like beautiful one like all over you, flirting with you, Like, I just don't want Jenna to get her little heart broken.
Speaker 2: See, I think Jenna.
Speaker 1: Is so grateful that Brenn is flirting with her so she can have something to talk about that actually doesn't affect her in any capacity, Like.
Speaker 3: You mean, like something lighthearted, so we're not like r like it.
Speaker 1: Because these were her best confessionals this episode, making the jokes about Bret, like like, oh, of course I'm going to make her sign a pre nap like all of those confessionals.
Speaker 2: I was like, yeah, Jnah, you're funny.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Like she finally she finally got the opportunity to be lighthearted, Like she's definitely the HBI C Like all these women are like, you know, bowing down to her when she walks into the room. But she has so much more vulnerability than any of the other ones. Like she's so hard and and boss and and since and like I want to hug her all at the same time, you know.
Speaker 1: But also I don't find her judgmental, not at all like you would think normally when you take lessons from her. Oh, like she really seems like pretty to me at least, Like, yeah, she seems like she has her own boundaries. She seems like she knows what she wants and she likes and listen, I can pay for what I want to do.
Speaker 2: So I'm gonna fucking do it the way I want to do it. And you know what, great you should.
Speaker 3: But most of the.
Speaker 1: Time when you get women, I'm not gonna name names, maybe somebody on your show, and I think there's someone on Salt Lake, et cetera, et cetera.
Speaker 2: Probably someone on Beverly Hills, where they have the.
Speaker 1: Most money in a setting, they then have this like need Oh it's I was watching even Camille season one on Beverly Hills and just this need to like throw it in your face. Yeah, that she's above you financially, or that her husband. But then I was wondering, is that because, all right, guys, is that because Jenna made her money herself versus her husband?
Speaker 3: Oh? You mean, like when women marry into it and then all of a sudden they have a bunch of money that they didn't have before, they feel the need to constantly talk about it and they have a superiority complex and they're like, I'm better than everyone else. But if you earned it on your own, you have respect for you.
Speaker 2: I'm wondering if that's it. I mean, I don't know.
Speaker 1: We haven't gotten past Jenna Lyon's mom's situation. I don't know how she grew up, but like there's room for us to learn more. By the way, I also just saw this on my Instagram. Not that I wasn't completely focused on our conversation right here, but they just said rumored. Leah McSweeney in talks to join next season of Real Housewives of New York just bruce up the cast.
Speaker 2: Do you believe that?
Speaker 3: I don't think the castane is brucing up. I think it's really good. Me too, I really do. Yeah.
Speaker 1: Then Jessel's past it's brought up again. Jessel says she's not comparing herself to her sigh. Aaron says, you had a completely fine life. Jessel says, how could you know that? Did you live my life? Aaron sarcastically says your life was so difficult you had to live with your rich uncle. Si gets upset and starts yelling at Jessel that her parents' story is not her story. Jessel says that your new name is Queen of Assumption. Okay, I at this point, if I was Jessla, I'd be like, you want my story.
Speaker 2: I'm surrounded by a bunch of fucking assholes. You asked my story and I gave it to you. You don't like it, I'm wrong about it. Sorry, But like you asked, well, I.
Speaker 3: Just don't understand why they have such an opinion about her life. Do they know any They said at the table, they don't know anything about her, so they don't. They don't know anything. So then when she tells them, why are they so hell bent on telling her that's not how she really grew up? Where does that even come from? Except they just want to jump on her. I think they want.
Speaker 1: I think because the way she started out this season with the is it.
Speaker 3: The British accent?
Speaker 2: Is that why?
Speaker 3: It's like everybody thinks she's wealthy because she has the British accent.
Speaker 1: Like I mean, I did ask her when she was on the pod. I said, listen, there's all these rumors online that you went to this top prep school in college and blah blah blah, and she's.
Speaker 2: Like, it's not true.
Speaker 3: Then they sit down for another dinner.
Speaker 1: I feel like they've eaten ninety percent of this episode, but they.
Speaker 3: They do eat a lot. I was like, there's a lot of eating going on.
Speaker 2: There's a lot of eating, and then complaining about what they're eating.
Speaker 3: And does Aaron really not have food ever? Is that why she's so thin? Is that like the key to her diet is just not see.
Speaker 2: One of the things she ate was just like, well she is int a green juice. We know that.
Speaker 1: And we saw at one point one of her meals was like some avocado with like some pepper on it, and I was like, probably not going to do it for me, right, I was.
Speaker 3: Like, I don't. I really like her, but I don't know if I can hang out with her because apparently food is not number one at the top of her priority list, so we cannot be friends.
Speaker 1: Well, I'm actually bummed because when Tarmor and I had her on the pod, somebody had told us incorrect information.
Speaker 2: Like just they gave us.
Speaker 1: They were like, just so you know before you have Aaron on, this isn't somebody that works on our pod.
Speaker 2: This is just like in the room or a housewife Meil, Yeah.
Speaker 1: Aaron is like the least one on this season. She's not a part of anything. She's boring, she's blah.
Speaker 2: Blah blah gave us. And then now I'm watching the season, I'm like, fuck, did.
Speaker 3: They say that?
Speaker 2: Because you made me believe that she wasn't gonna get anything.
Speaker 3: She argues with everybody. She argues with any like you don't argue with anyone at any time, at any place.
Speaker 1: Like she is such a good arguer and she believes it, and it's she's all we need. Like she is the Tamra of New York. Like she makes sure that the storyline is fucking moving.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, she's good. I was like, damn, she just she's I like when she walked out of the I don't even know if this is the last episode because I watched all Tenant one time. It's all one big episod. It was to me at this point, You're like the marathon movie I watched, but the wreathmaking killed me. She's just like, fuck everybody, I'm out of here. I was like, you go, she's good.
Speaker 2: You can make your read off.
Speaker 1: Then you know, as they sit down at their dinner, they have to tell their most embarrassing story. So before we get into their most embarrassing story, what's yours?
Speaker 3: Probably when I was really mad at Shane, like really upset, and I was texting him like you know how when you get mad at your husband and you do like the crazy ass wife text where you're just like boom boom, just they just keep popping up like boom boom boom. I was really mad at him about something and I was just blowing up his phone and I was telling him off, and I accidentally texted his mom and dad on a group chat and said him, I went off on him to his mother and father.
Speaker 2: To his core, like you ripped him?
Speaker 3: Yes, And can I ever mind everyone that my mother in law is Persian and Persian moms do not. Did she respond, yes, she did, Yes, she went off on me.
Speaker 2: No, yes, yes, she Mama beared you at that.
Speaker 3: Oh man, I was like, I gotta get divorced, like I can't. I can't help her look at her. I can't ever show myself around here again.
Speaker 2: How long into the relationship was it? This was I was like last week.
Speaker 3: It was twenty nineteen. It was right before I had my uh my hip or place I'll never forget because I was in Ohio and I had the kids with me, and I just went off on him and I was just relentless, and man, I cannot believe I sent it to his mom and dad. It was like I, yeah it was. And she came back at me hard. I thought when I and I called Shane, I was like, how do I undersend a text? How do I unsend a text?
Speaker 2: Now they have that feature, Thank god.
Speaker 3: I feel like it was because of me. I feel like they were like, tam you heard about that, Emily, We're gonna do on send for you.
Speaker 2: Send me a screenshot of these texts so I can feel bad.
Speaker 3: I don't hate. No, I have deleted them. They are gone. I never wanted to see those texts again. It's like it was traumatic. I mean it was beyond embarrassing. It was that's beyond just embarrassed.
Speaker 2: Yeah. No, I mean that's a pretty good one. Mine isn't.
Speaker 1: Mine is just something that is stuck with me since the third grade. I have this really awkward sneeze now where I go. And it's because I was very like the dorkiest third fourth grader you could ever imagine, Like I had buck teeth. So then I would put like a like a fake retainer in because I wanted people to believe I was trying to fix the problem.
Speaker 3: Did you use like a paper clip paper clip like.
Speaker 1: Fake headgear like the big Fisher priced glasses, like the biggest goober and it was like computer class. Remember when you would have computer class, you'd like type and they put a box over your hands.
Speaker 3: No, I'm older than you. I didn't have computers, so.
Speaker 4: I had Well maybe it was typing class, like make a cursive class.
Speaker 2: Well, either way, I went to have a big sneeze.
Speaker 1: And the biggest freaking toot sneeze came out at the same fucking time.
Speaker 3: Oh you farted, sneeze?
Speaker 2: Yeah, like it was like a hutch.
Speaker 3: It was like a snart.
Speaker 2: And I've never to this to this day.
Speaker 1: And I realized, this isn't that embarrassing, but it is something that has stuck with me my entire life.
Speaker 3: Everyone hear it.
Speaker 2: Everyone heard it, Everyone laughed. Everyone pointed at me.
Speaker 3: Do you think she farted? Do you think she sneezed?
Speaker 1: Like?
Speaker 2: Which one was it? Nobody was clever enough to say schnart like it just was.
Speaker 1: And to this day now I have a terrible sneeze where I never I never get to an enjoy a sneeze and let it out.
Speaker 3: Oh, I say so, your your sneeze is like a traumatized sneeze. Yeah, he killed it. You you cleanch your butt cheeks when you Yes, so that you don't fart at the same time.
Speaker 2: Because what happens if that's just my thing.
Speaker 3: Well, it's funny. How old are you?
Speaker 2: Forty two?
Speaker 3: Well it's funny at forty two. You should just let it go.
Speaker 2: I'm too frightened because I know absolutely not.
Speaker 1: And my daughter has like a similar thing that has happened, but she doesn't seem embarrassed about it.
Speaker 2: And then I was like, what the fuck's wrong with me?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Anyways, friends was that when she was twelve to thirteen, she got her period, didn't know what to do, so she grabbed a tampon and put it in her butt.
Speaker 3: Yeah. I don't know about that. I don't believe the true story. No, because I'm sorry. Even if you don't know a lot about anatomy or maybe your mom didn't explain things to you, I still feel like you know that the blood is not coming from your butthole, right.
Speaker 2: Well, I can say after having kids sometimes the butt blood is coming from my.
Speaker 3: She didn't have kids. She's she's like, what thirteen and it's not easy. A tampon is completely dry. How are you going to get it up your butthole? I don't know.
Speaker 2: Can you try after and let me know next week how it.
Speaker 3: Went for you. So I see my homework assignment as trying to put a tampon in my ass.
Speaker 2: All right, good luck to you.
Speaker 1: No, Lou Jessel says she was at a club during spring break and she was trying to wave down her friends slip down, the bra came off the This was Jessel's best story.
Speaker 3: Yeah. I love the story because I have this vision of like a club in Mexico where her top fall blob and then everybody's just like, yeah, I think it's part of the show.
Speaker 2: Jessel.
Speaker 1: Of course, Ray Fines was involved in her tripping story, which made it less funny to me because I'm like, of course, yeah, celebrity involved, that is fancy.
Speaker 3: Did she get a gift bag at the end of the She's like, thank you for lifting me up, and here's the gift. Thank you.
Speaker 1: This is my brand and this is pre Instagram probably right right on your Facebook check.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Then Si was at a track meet and pooped your pants. You know what, that's the shits. I can't I feel like something like that would happen to me.
Speaker 3: Yeah. I feel like with athletes though, maybe that just happens often because if you're an athlete and you gotta run a race or you're gonna swim or something like, you just can't be like, excuse me, Can we just all take a break so I can go poop? Like, you just have to go with it.
Speaker 2: Hold on, we're thinking that swim Olympic swimmers are just going why not?
Speaker 3: I mean, they can't just be like, no, don't blow the whistle, I got diarrhea. They just have to go. I think there's a.
Speaker 1: Fine if you shit in the pool, because every time Dove does that her swim class, it's two hundred and fifty dollars for me, like the tongue lashing I give her.
Speaker 3: Or how many times if you had to pay that fine is multiple times. That's more than the swim lessons.
Speaker 2: Of course, the swim lessons twenty five dollars.
Speaker 4: And here's the thing.
Speaker 1: She's one hundred percent potty train. She makes no mistakes, but she gets into the pool and it relaxes her. Yeah, and then she's like, I'll know I'll be watching this one lesson and she's like.
Speaker 3: And I'm like, dub, you just get out your checkbook.
Speaker 1: You're like, I'm like, Dube, what are you doing and uh yeah, so nice that she's just taking a shit. AnyWho, then we get to the final drama. I'm very torn on this issue. One, how do you feel about pranks?
Speaker 3: I mean, I like pranks. I think they're funny. I would like to prank someone, But if I was going to prank someone like it would be a good prank, I feel like it needs a lot of thought going into it, not just like pushing somebody in the pool or like you know, like the taking of the cell phone. Those are like basic level pranks.
Speaker 1: To me, It's okay. The first push in the pool is funny. A push back is not that funny.
Speaker 2: But here's the part that I just really don't understand.
Speaker 1: I get that you're in a foreign country, you're upset you don't have your phone, But she her fucking phone in the first place.
Speaker 2: Read this renter Van or wherever it is that she left it, She didn't notice it was gone, and then she found it.
Speaker 1: Why the level of rage the next day at that point, I wonder, has someone gone to Uba and been like, listen, you had COVID for two weeks. You weren't really a part of the show, right, Yes, you are funny and you're beautiful, but you haven't caused any drama.
Speaker 2: Figure something out, yeah, and do it.
Speaker 3: Like that too. Yeah. I was like, oh, okay, so we're gonna just do the cell phone. We're just gonna go with the cell phone like there's nothing else. We're just gonna be like you will talk by cell phone. I mean, I yeah, I really.
Speaker 2: I mean if it was forty five minutes, who gives a shit?
Speaker 3: Yeah, and she gave it back to her. It's not like she withheld it. She's like, oh, yeah, you left it in the van. I was gonna play a prank on you. Here's your here's your cell phone.
Speaker 1: And it wasn't even her that pushed her back in the pool. So like, I feel like Aaron's saying she was scared of Uba though, takes her from an errand to a karan. That's the only thing, Like did you have a moment where you felt scared of her?
Speaker 2: Eron? Yeah, I mean scared, like because Aaron says I was scared, No, I don't.
Speaker 3: I didn't see. I didn't think she was scary.
Speaker 2: I didn't think she was scary. I thought she was overreacting.
Speaker 3: I thought she was overreacting too. I thought she was way overreacting. I thought it was odd. I thought it was odd behavior. And I wouldn't have been scared in that situation at all, because I would have been like, I gave you your phone. You're acting like a nut.
Speaker 1: I gave you your phone that you left for the record. You should be grateful and shut the phone. But also at that moment, Aaron, speak up. You have told everybody else that she left the phone, but have you actually said it to Uba.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's the part I didn't understand either. I was like, why are you not just explaining that she left it on the van? The driver gave it to you, and you held on to it, and then she noticed that it was gone, and then you gave it back like I don't even know.
Speaker 2: It's not even a rank ever, it's not even funny.
Speaker 1: I know.
Speaker 3: I was like, it's not even a good prank, and you gave it right back to her.
Speaker 2: And I'm sorry, Uba, if you have so many people to call and you have so much storyline, tell us because you've.
Speaker 3: Given us nothing. Yeah, she really hasn't.
Speaker 2: I love Uba. I think she's funny. I think she's good.
Speaker 1: You can tell something something else has got to be bothering her to take for her to go to a ten over the cell phone.
Speaker 3: Yeah, totally, But I mean that's the end.
Speaker 2: Of the episode.
Speaker 1: Uh. Fan thoughts that are split between thinking Aaron is ridiculous and UBA's overreacting same as us. Yeah, people are wondering why Brend makes everything about sex. I think that's her tool, Like that's what she knows.
Speaker 3: I think you know, when you when you hear her background and how she grew up. I think a lot of times when you grow up in a situation like that, you come up with coping mechanisms, and and she's funny.
Speaker 2: She's able to make every situation lighter because of it.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I mean if I enjoy her, I you know, honestly, when I saw the intros and she was like, make me mad, I'll date your dad, and she was younger and she was pretty, I was like, oh my.
Speaker 2: God, really I was scared. I couldn't.
Speaker 3: I was like, I don't know if I can stomach this. And then I really actually find her to be clever and witty and funny, and I love how she's just like she gets mad but then she just laughs it off and she's cute I don't know, it's just it.
Speaker 2: Doesn't take herself too seriously.
Speaker 1: No, what I can say which I cannot say about any other cast, I don't think.
Speaker 2: I don't. I think I enjoy everybody on this cast. Yeah, Like there's no one. At first it was Jessel for me, but she's she's come around.
Speaker 1: Maybe because once I meet, once I talk to you on the pod, then I feel like I have a connection.
Speaker 2: Actually, yeah, but there's no one that I'm like, oh, she's the worst.
Speaker 3: Yeah, No, I would agree. I like the cast, and I like them all together. I like how they all you know, they all communicate well, which I think is good for a cast. I would wouldn't say that. You know other casts do? I feel like things go from zero to one hundred on other casts. Yeah, it's just like you have two people going at it. But I think New York does a really good job of everybody being involved in the in the conversation and everybody communicating and everybody adding, but nobody taking themselves so seriously that they get so pissed that it goes to like a def con level. You know, they always ruin your career exactly, They always bring it back down and then it ends on some lighthearted note where they really are friendly and really enjoy each other.
Speaker 2: And I like that, I think because they're all new.
Speaker 3: But you know, speaking of things that.
Speaker 1: Way to ruin people's lives and cause major drama. We're going to take a quick little break and then we're going to be back to recap Real Housewives of Salt Lake City, So we are back to talk about all things Salt Lake City. The main takeaway from this episode for me is we're going to have to do a podcast from Trixa Hotel.
Speaker 3: I totally agree. I couldn't stop searing all the cute rooms and the pink and I wanted a pink drink. It was amazing, all of it.
Speaker 2: That was great.
Speaker 3: Well, you know what, Also, I was a little jealous because I'm like, we're in Orange County. I'm only what two hours away? Why have I never filmed there? Why did they come all the way from Salt Lake City and end up at the Trixy Motel and it's literally in my backyard and we've never filmed there.
Speaker 1: It starts off with Meredith as shocked to see Angie. She calls it ill mannered and rude that Whitney invited Angie without asking the hostess. How would you have handled the situation if you're a Meredith.
Speaker 3: Well, I don't know. Can we first back it up and say, is it ill mannered and rude that Angie wasn't invited in the first place?
Speaker 2: When Angie is a housewife. I'm sorry, we have to break the fourth wall at this point. I mean, you and your entitlement.
Speaker 3: I just I'm like, well she, I mean, I know, we're okay. I mean, she's on the cast. There's six housewives, she's one of them. And you're going to plan a trip and exclude one person out. I mean that's rude. That's I mean, even if you don't like them, just to exclude someone and they're supposed to just sit at home while everybody else goes in film somewhere, I mean, that's terrible.
Speaker 1: And let's also there are situations where I am sure that at some point somebody said to Whitney, figure out a way that Angie's I don't think Whitney on her own, you don't.
Speaker 2: Really a clever idea.
Speaker 3: You don't think when he had like a bubble up here that was like bring Angie, there would be a brilliant plan No, and go early. That'll be fun.
Speaker 2: I'm going to book my own travel this time around.
Speaker 1: No.
Speaker 3: But I think that it really just shows.
Speaker 1: How annoying it is when you see a senior housewife that has been there longer try to ice out somebody new.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's hurtful. That's why I was like, I get the whole ill mannered and rude, but like, you didn't include her in the first place. So I mean, if we want to talk about rude, that was mean. That was mean, that's unspirited.
Speaker 1: And honestly, like, to be honest, Meredith, it's not your place to exclude somebody that they've cast on the show to not It's one thing if you don't want to include them on your kid's birthday party or something that involves your family.
Speaker 3: Right, but a cast trip like you don't get to make that call.
Speaker 2: Go kick rocks, like honestly, and we all know how those trips are in general. One person's the planner, please, yeah, fucking please.
Speaker 1: But then what I thought was even more rude was Angie is now trying to be nice, she says. She tells Mary come over and sit with us, and Mary says, I'm not coming over there. Please stop talking to me like that.
Speaker 2: I don't.
Speaker 3: I didn't think it was rude. I thought it was hilarious. I if you look up zero fucks given in the dictionary, like there is a picture of Mary Cosby, I have never seen someone so with so little care for any other human being before.
Speaker 2: But you have to also keep in mind this woman is a pastor, I know, but it's hilarious.
Speaker 3: I she it's like less than zero. She's like some zero fox given, Like she's everyone's orbiting this way on the planet and she's orbiting the other by herself. I find her hilarious. I really don't.
Speaker 1: I find it hilarious because it's so ridiculous. But I at least like when somebody's being ridiculous for it to be based in somewhat like some sort of truth in some capacity.
Speaker 3: I think, I think, on Mary, you just got to let that one go. Well, Mary, I ask you know what I find funny. I think I think everyone's reaction to her is funny because when she says it, no one even reacts. They're just like, okay, no.
Speaker 1: It's like baby Dove says something and we all just like kind of laugh at it and act like it's not inappropriate.
Speaker 2: Meanwhile, she's like punching us in the arm or the fat.
Speaker 3: I mean, it's just like everybody's just like I don't know, but I do like how she didn't want to come sit with them, but then the first thing she doesn't sit down and start talking to them.
Speaker 4: Yeah, she's like, I don't want to sit with you and don't talk to me.
Speaker 3: Oh but why did you guys come early? You make no sense?
Speaker 2: She makes absolutely no sense.
Speaker 1: But then Mary asks Whitney why they are so. She says it feels childish, child as if refusing to come sit with them and screaming across the pool is not child.
Speaker 3: Why don't think she has a large vocabulary, as we see later.
Speaker 1: Why love when somebody gets something wrong and then they get mad and on it and then they have to ask their puking friend, right, I know, if she's like.
Speaker 2: Okay.
Speaker 1: Then Angie says Whitney's being inclusive, and Mary says, I wasn't talking to you.
Speaker 2: How would you like if you were actually there?
Speaker 1: Though I know you're finding it hilarious outside of imagining you were in that situation, how would you've actually responded to Mary, if she was speaking to you like she did to either Angie or Whitney at.
Speaker 3: This time, I probably would have lost it. They have a lot more patience than I do. I mean I would have probably gone off on her.
Speaker 2: I can't even imagine.
Speaker 1: Because then Meredith walks past Whitney, Angie, and Lisa by the pool like somehow it was like she was trying to give like fashion model, but really it was like, I'm feeling insecure, nervous, and I was like, that looked like my one step at New York Fashion, which ever been more uncomfortable and awkward, but trying to be a badass, but like the least close to badass you.
Speaker 3: Well, I'm sure she was regretting that motel because she had to walk outside to get to the other room, and she had to pass the pool. There was no hallway she could go down.
Speaker 1: Then Meredith tells Angie that she didn't know she would be here so she can shop alone, so they pick this.
Speaker 2: Also, I thought, was I didn't get it. I didn't think it was funny. They all had the same fucking store. I'm confused.
Speaker 3: I was like, are you swirl and right? And why didn't we get invited. I think they were at two different stores, but I didn't understand why there were so many in one store, Like there's four girls in one Well, I guess you can only do four and two right if you double up?
Speaker 2: Well now that was five.
Speaker 3: But yeah, the editors put when they were putting the groups of girls like the two shopping and then they put Angie and herself.
Speaker 4: But also why did they all have on like like tea like they were going to a tea party?
Speaker 1: Yeah? What are those called the little clip things that you get where they fascinator?
Speaker 2: Fascinators?
Speaker 3: Yeah? Like was there a theme? I'm hot? I don't know, but why does Palm Springs have so many fascinators? Like where is there a shop with that many fascinators? Where are they go?
Speaker 2: Well, there are polo fields in Palm Springs, so maybe is that way?
Speaker 3: Like women dress up? But then Heather's dressed like a nineties like boy band or something like.
Speaker 1: I don't even understand what I was like, it's gotta be hot, like I you have to be sweating, and like I'm someone that I'm sweating in my room right now and it's like sixty eight degrees in here, Like I can't, and that might be menopause, but I cannot even imagine. Like Lisa's pretty much naked. She's in her like rejected Coachella outfit that just picked for her. Meredith doesn't even take her swimsuit off from underneath the dress.
Speaker 3: But I know I noticed that. I was like, you can still see her bikini under her yellow dress? What is going on?
Speaker 1: I didn't understand the picking out the outfits, but I mean, it was supposed to be like I mean, her whole explanation was it was supposed to be like a like a trust you know, a trust experiment where the other person picks out something for you and you're supposed to trust what they give you to wear.
Speaker 3: I don't know everything.
Speaker 2: The only people that I thought kind of tried to do right by each other.
Speaker 3: Were Monica, Oh yeah, or did they make that up? Monica?
Speaker 2: Oh you're right?
Speaker 1: Were Monica and Mary yeah? Just because they were asking each other do you like that? Like they actually went just because.
Speaker 3: They were alone. They weren't with the other women, so they didn't know what was They didn't know. They actually like followed the assignment. They were like, oh, this actually seems like it might look good on you.
Speaker 1: I mean, every single one of their outfits except for those two were absolutely ridiculous. But Auntie, you can tell it's starting to hurt her feelings. You have to also you didn't probably watch last season, but Angie on the cast trip last year when she was a friend of Jinshaw.
Speaker 2: Poured a drink on her head. Oh well, like right after a fresh blowout.
Speaker 3: Like there were only two trips where she got alcohol poured on her, and then the second trip she didn't write it at all, like this isn't a.
Speaker 1: Warm welcome, Yeah, and then her friend that she's now brought onto the show, which who knows how real? That's the whole situation, right, any chance she can get she is kind of up meriteth sass, Yeah she is.
Speaker 3: I actually enjoy her in her confessionals, but not so much with the other women saying that's the same thing.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and her confessionals when she's open and she's she's funny, she's funny, and she's she's funny occasionally. But I do think she's making it a point. I don't know if she's like wanting to double down on just maybe getting I don't know why they all want Angie outa there.
Speaker 3: I didn't understand that either. I don't I still, what is it? I didn't understand it either, And I felt like I felt badly for her because I felt like all her conversations that she was trying to have with Meredith, I felt like they were really reasonable and like she was actually starting off like, hey, let's just you know, I mean, she was being kind. She was like, what's the problem with me? I don't really understand it, and I don't know. And then Meredith was just like she became like a whole other person. It was like a like she needed like an exorcism.
Speaker 1: No, I mean, speaking of accents, the only person that had a worse accent than us you're on this bond was was it an accent.
Speaker 3: Or did she just become a whole new person Because I couldn't understand what was going on, she was like, you can live. I was like, what is that? I don't understand what's going on?
Speaker 1: I mean, I well, first off, you know, whenever that you're at a dinner and they start playing games, I'm like, oh, shit's getting boring. Yeah, and someone's like, all right, we got to figure out how to spice this up, it's inappropriate game that's going to make people off. And Heather says that her cold and prickly for Angie is that she doesn't trust her and even though they grow up together. And then of course they did Angie dirty by showing her high school photo.
Speaker 3: I was like, is that the same person?
Speaker 2: I was like what.
Speaker 1: Meanwhile, Heather's like never, like, it's Heather's best photo she's ever taken out right.
Speaker 3: You know what that editor likes Heather, They're like, a photo do you want us to use for this?
Speaker 1: And then with Angie, they like search the internet, They're like, worst photo we can possibly find.
Speaker 2: But I think my Spidey senses, which could be off.
Speaker 1: I think that they all felt like Angie was trying to get on the show for a very long time and couldn't and went through multiple different friends.
Speaker 3: To try to do so. So is that what the underlying tension is? That is they're not really talking about the tension, but you don't really understand the tension.
Speaker 1: Yes, because you hear a Meriti say like, oh, you said publicly that you'd never really be my friend. The next comment is like, you've gone to everyone in this group to be friends, so It's like, you know, I feel like every franchise there is that person. But like, once they're in, shut the fuck up about it. I don't care how they got in, right, I don't care to go with it. You got to go with it, and that's your job.
Speaker 3: Your job to go with it.
Speaker 1: So to me, I'm just like, at this point, she's in, she got her snowflake, let it be. And then you know, Monica bringing up her prickly did make sense to your girl Lisa who and I love Lisa Barlow too, but Lisa actually was receptive to it.
Speaker 2: You could tell it pissed her off. Yeah, she took it.
Speaker 3: She did. She was like, duly noted, Okay, you can shut the fuck up now, duly noted, Okay, got it. I duly noted, I fucking got it.
Speaker 2: Got it?
Speaker 3: Come back? I can't.
Speaker 2: So clearly there's issues.
Speaker 3: But then, uh, what did you think about the scene? I have to ask you this, what did you think of the scene where Monica did the whole like I just went to Louis Vaton and bought a bag because I wanted to fit in with the other women, Like, what did you think I thought.
Speaker 1: I was actually okay with that I thought it was a good like it was a true moment where I think.
Speaker 2: I feel like I had that moment.
Speaker 1: At one point in Beverly Hills, I had a situation where and but me, it wasn't necessarily about a bag, like, it was about like glaming. So it's not I don't know if it's the same one I'll see, but everybody blams every freaking time.
Speaker 3: Yeah, no matter what, even if you're like waking up in the morning, you're like, oh yeah, they're fully glammed.
Speaker 2: And whether they can do their own glamor or they pay for glam or whatever.
Speaker 1: I'm someone that cannot like the only reason I had, Like, you will see me at ninety percent of these other podcasts and I will look like complete Hell. I am glam today because I had an important meeting this morning in which I had to be glam. I can't put on eyelashes, I can't do my hair, I look like, you know, there's nothing. So I remember there was a situation where I like got home one night and like cried to Edwin, I'm like, I feel out of place. Everyone is in fucking costumes and done to the nines, and I feel.
Speaker 2: Like I look like hell.
Speaker 3: So you're saying that you understood that level of vulnerability where she felt like she had to go to Louis Vuitton and buy a five thousand dollars bag so that she could fit in with everybody else. But then she makes fun of Lisa Barlowe for talking about her sixty thousand dollars ring.
Speaker 1: I think that she's saying if she would have been open with the women and not just her mother, yeah about like, oh, it would have been more impactful.
Speaker 2: It would have been more impactful.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Like if she would have said, listen, guys, Like if she would have said in that moment, Lisa, I'm just trying to like make do here and like splurge for this bag just so I can fit in with the group.
Speaker 2: So when you throw it in my face that you have a sixty.
Speaker 1: Thousand dollar ring ring twenty times, it makes me feel like shit, Yeah that I could have probably gotten it.
Speaker 2: It just I don't think she parlayed the message the correct way.
Speaker 3: Right, Yeah, totally.
Speaker 2: What about when she yelled out that she's been fucking her brother in.
Speaker 3: Law, Yeah, brother in law, Yeah, Yeah, I don't know. I mean, that's a nice breaker. I was like, well, that's one way to keep a snowflake. Yeah yeah, I mean I was like ripping the band aid off. Like she didn't even like, you know, like narrate something to like transition into it. She says like, I fuck my brother in law for what eighteen months or something. Wasn't that what it was?
Speaker 1: But I mean at this table, I don't know if you know the backstory, but I guess you know, because Mary was married.
Speaker 2: To her grandfather. Nothing shocks these women anymore.
Speaker 3: Yeah, because I not even really followed up. I know that's I was like, wait, why, I don't understand. I spent an entire season picking apart Gin for DRAWNTI because she cheated on her husband or whatever, and this woman just blurrets out that she was having an affair with her brother in law for eighteen months, and everybody's like.
Speaker 2: Oh, I was like, cheer anyway, rolls. I was like.
Speaker 1: The only thing they wanted to understand if it was the brother's brother or her.
Speaker 3: They wanted to get a sister's husband.
Speaker 1: That was it.
Speaker 3: That's and then everyone was like okay, anyway, anyway, yeah, moving right along the espresso martini please.
Speaker 2: That was it.
Speaker 3: And then we kind of we get back to.
Speaker 1: Angie and Meredith, where at this point, I'm sorry, I'm like, I'm done with Meredith.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I was like, I I like Meredith and I and I and I've met Meredith multiple times, and I.
Speaker 2: Just like questions because I've never actually met Meredith. She's too good for me. What do you like about her?
Speaker 3: I mean, I've just met her on a personal level and just chatted with her. She's nice. I mean, that was my first impression. She actually reached out to me when she was first on the show, because I think her husband's from Ohio, so she was like asking me questions and I don't know. I mean, I just I like Meredith. I don't have a problem with her. I don't dislike her. But in that scene, I mean in life, in real life, I like her. In that scene, I did not like her. I was like, it just didn't make sense. I was like, and then the security like trying to get security to take her away, but she's really talking to the waiter, and the waiter like, the waiter has no clue.
Speaker 1: The waiter was like, I haven't even served you guys dinner yet, right, I mean, like, and I don't give a shit about your problems.
Speaker 3: Right, And I mean, what was her expectation, Like, did she really think they were going to like physically pick her up and like remove her from the restaurant. I didn't understand. I didn't really.
Speaker 1: I think at this point she must have been in the black, Like at this point, there's no there's no real recollection.
Speaker 2: But then this is this is the part that sealed the deal from me, once.
Speaker 1: Angie said, you know, Angie makes a shitty comment about like Angie the jewelry and her whatever, and then Meredith walks away. But then Mareth does exactly what she's been furious at Lisa.
Speaker 2: Barlow for for years, the rumors, the rumors about the husband, and yeah, I have.
Speaker 3: A strong opinion about that, but go ahead.
Speaker 2: Yeah no, but she this is my problem.
Speaker 1: She has honestly raked Lisa Barlow through the coals for saying something that truly was off camera, like Lisa Barlow was locked in the closet with a producer venting her hot mic moment, right her hot Mike.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Meredith is not having a hot mic moment.
Speaker 3: This, She's clearly Mike, she know she's being filmed.
Speaker 2: Marlow goes to comfort her, which is of course they're gonna film it. You can. I can assure you that whomever it is, it's like a team is in there zooming in and she takes that moment to say, what about her fucking husband?
Speaker 3: Yeah? Yeah, here's the thing. This, this pisses me off as a housewife because it's happened to me. I hate it. I hate it when people do the whole I know something, I've heard something, but I'm not gonna say what it is. Like they try to rationalize that they're a good person, like they're being you know, like a good person by not telling you what the rumor is. But there's a rumor. I hate that. I feel like there's only two ways you can go. Either shut the fuck up and don't say anything at all, or spill the beans. I don't like that intermediate in the middle.
Speaker 1: Like, yeah, either say exactly what it fucking is, like listen your husband, or don't bring it up at all. Yeah, And if you don't have the balls to bring it up, shut the fuck up about it, or you're, in my opinion, you're just making it up.
Speaker 3: Yeah, because otherwise all you're doing is you're literally your intent is malicious because your intent is so that people know that there's rumors out there. But then you're preserving yourself by saying, oh, but I'm not going to say what it is, you know, because I'm a good person. I'm not going to do that. But no, now you just leave it out there to hang in the in the environment for people to create their own scenario, their own which is probably worse than what the actual rumors are, you.
Speaker 1: Know which, And at this point, like, I don't even think any of the women are It's I don't think it's a situation like where you're currently in, where a lot of it is relationship driven. I don't think Salt Lake, we don't hear a ton about their relationships with their significant others. Yeah, so I feel like it's just her way of trying to make Angie look like an asshole.
Speaker 3: Yeah but I see, I just think she looks like an asshole in that situation. I don't think Angie does. I'm like, yeah, but I don't know.
Speaker 1: I think that Meredith is also going to get like who who At this point, I'm trying to understand, It's like, who is Meredith actually.
Speaker 2: Trust in this group?
Speaker 1: Who does Meredith like, we're really supposed to believe that Meredith's best friend is Mary.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, that's right, because it always says that Mary.
Speaker 2: Oh my gosh, I guess.
Speaker 1: I mean, I know we're running over time, but in the final part it's it's they're in the They're in the sprinter van, which.
Speaker 2: Is always torture. On five martinis, I will probably throw up in a fucking sprinter I hate being a sprinter van.
Speaker 3: Yeah I did too.
Speaker 2: But three things that.
Speaker 1: I never need to see on Housewives are at throwing a shaman what is it a shaman? A shaman session?
Speaker 2: And somebody vomiting their bodily fluids.
Speaker 3: I don't I got and it not only vomiting, but like it's dripping like it's not it's clear it's coming out of the back.
Speaker 2: And Whitney banging to get out of the of the car. But we do get to hear what is it that Heather sprouted up to say? Predator?
Speaker 3: Right?
Speaker 2: Mary kept saying, you guys like I'm a pornographer, pornography.
Speaker 3: I was like, what is she talking about? This is the most bizarre fight I've ever heard, and the Whitney's like.
Speaker 2: What Whitney's thoughts. She's like, I don't understand.
Speaker 1: Like Mary at this point say like starts with a P. It's a concert. It's similar to pornography, but not really. Because you called me pornography, I was like, what, Oh my gosh. Well that's the end of this week's episode.
Speaker 2: You guys.
Speaker 1: We will be back to recap again next week and send us any questions thoughts concerned that you may have for either of us.
Speaker 3: Emily, thank you so much for filling it