Speaker 1: Hey, thanks for tuning into the Brook and Jeffrey podcast, and don't forget to follow us at Brook and Jeffrey.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, I like that at.
Speaker 1: We normally don't do this, okay, but we found another hero of the week way right. Oh wait, wait, wait, we do this every single week.
Speaker 3: I mean I was.
Speaker 2: Gonna let it slide. Nobody else to argue with you.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's Brook and Jeffrey in the morning. I appreciate you not fighting me on this because today we're honoring thirty six year old Johnny Mims. Okay, he's the band director for a high school near Birmingham, Alabama.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Last week, their school's football team won a game twenty seven to Zip Day, and according to the reports, the bands for both schools continued to play long after the game was over.
Speaker 2: Good wait, they were in a band off.
Speaker 1: Imagine the game is long done, everyone's left the stadium, both teams are gone, all the fans went home, but the bands for the schools still there in the stands, pumping out tunes no one really knows. Okay, but police showed up and asked the directors for both bands to stop so that everybody could go back to their homes. The other school's band said okay, fine, we'll stop, but Johnny refused, and he told his kids not to stop for the cops. Not now, not ever. When did the band become the bad boy?
Speaker 5: I don't know, but I love it so police saxophone.
Speaker 1: Police shook their heads and said, okay, well, we're gonna have to arrest you if you don't stop, at which point Johnny shoved an officer to the ground and they had to tase him. Do you think that stopped the kids from continuing to play their fight song? Yeah, yeah it did. I don't want to I'm.
Speaker 2: Pretty shocking to see yours the.
Speaker 1: High school band directors out facing charges for disorderly conduct, harassment, and resisting arrest.
Speaker 2: But he's so cool now.
Speaker 1: Talk about a true hero stounding up for what he believes in. We believe in shocking each other right in the throat. I wish we had a fight song. I would sing it. If the cops want us to stop, they're gonna have to tase us first. Let's send it over to someone who doesn't stand down to police. Digital Jake Jake is never, never.
Speaker 6: Not even once. Did you know September is national Taco month. Yeah, and today we're not just talking about any old taco spot. We're gonna highlight everyone's favorite late night gut busting, fire sauce smothering taco even called taco belly. It's a special one and done. Think outside the bun, shock, old bell, shot collar question of the day.
Speaker 7: I feel like it's too soon to shock anybody after that band director.
Speaker 6: I hope it's not too soon, broke, because you're going first, you'll never know where you'll run into a chance for fourth meal? Yeah, which of these famous buildings has a real life, fully operating taco bell inside?
Speaker 2: God? These are always crazy to me.
Speaker 6: Is it a the Alamo?
Speaker 1: Okay?
Speaker 6: B the Pentagon or c at the base of Mount Rushmore where if you can say all four presidents during your order, they will throw in a free cheero.
Speaker 2: Okay, I'm on it for sure. With the Pentagon?
Speaker 1: Really?
Speaker 7: Oh yeah, late night workers, they need that, they need that taco bell.
Speaker 1: I can see like a national emergency happening and then they have to like rush to the bathroom and can't deal with it.
Speaker 8: That.
Speaker 2: I feel like there's a lot of things the government can't deal with.
Speaker 6: Japp.
Speaker 3: And there may be a good.
Speaker 2: Reason that we just didn't really.
Speaker 1: President, Yes, show me.
Speaker 6: Pentagon, Brooks said, Pentagon. That is.
Speaker 2: I told you that's why we're not functioning.
Speaker 1: Right.
Speaker 6: The address is fourteen hundred Defense Pentagon. And there's also a Starbucks, a KFC, and a subway.
Speaker 1: I bet you can't. Yeah, I just blew up the bathroom.
Speaker 2: Yeah you can't.
Speaker 6: In most places, you can't do that. Alexis, it's your turn. Taco Bell has had its fair share of glorious inventions as well as its fails. Which of these was a real item that was once on the Taco Bell menu? Was it a a sloppier version of the Sloppy Joe called the Bell Beefer b the Volcano Lime Heat freezer, a refreshing line drink that would be heated in a microwave for exactly twelve seconds and then served. Or ce Nacho lava pop rocks empanada a regular with guy Nacho cheese inside along with green pop rocks that made your mouth tingle.
Speaker 1: Yeah, or so, but you're talking about fourth meal. When it's fourth meal, any food to go into the mouth.
Speaker 3: Here, sloppy or sloppy Joe? How is that just more like? Yeah, people love to put pop rocks that they put them in chocolate bars. You can put them in like slushies. Yea nacho cheese.
Speaker 2: I mean, like I understand it in a slushy.
Speaker 3: I don't know. I mean people drink They're like blue drink, you know, so maybe they drink a warm drink. I'm gonna go the Volcano one.
Speaker 6: Alexis went with Volcano lime heat freezer. That is incorrect. It was the Bell Beefer. No, it was a sandwich with taco meat inside, so it made a sloppy Joe Alexis, you're getting shocked today. Jeffrey, it's your turn. In two thousand and one, Taco Bell once offered every person in the United States a free taco as part of a promotion. If what happened it was an a if Barry Bonds hit a home run that landed on an inflatable taco raft outside the state, if a fragment of a decommissioned Russian space station hit a target in the Pacific Ocean, or se if justin Timberlake and Britney Spears broke up on a Tuesday for Taco.
Speaker 1: Tuesday, Barry Bonds hitting a home run onto a floating taco. I could see, I could see it. But that puts so much pressure and like hatred onto Barry Bonds if he doesn't get it. But I could see, I could.
Speaker 2: See I get a taco or not, Jee, That's what.
Speaker 1: I'm saying, Like, I don't think he would want that to be on him. I could see everybody rooting for the space station from Russia to like plummet into the ocean and land on like a taco RFT.
Speaker 6: Jeffrey said, space station. That is, it did not end up pitting THESSIA. But Brooke and Jeffrey, you're safe. Jose, You're going to join alexis getting shocked if you don't get this right. Okay, At one point in your life, Jose, you were a tacabout connoisseur. Would you say that?
Speaker 1: I would sah?
Speaker 6: Which of these is the most popular menu item according to sales numbers?
Speaker 1: Oh, man, is gonna be hard.
Speaker 6: Is it A the seven layer Burrito? Is it B the Cheesy Grdida Crunch Classic, or is it C the crunch Wrap Supreme? O?
Speaker 1: Man, that's so hard because multiple of these have the crunch factor.
Speaker 6: You crunch at night.
Speaker 1: I absolutely if I've got the munchies.
Speaker 9: I want something oohy go with a little bit of crunch, and that's a cheesy grdia.
Speaker 2: You're not just thinking of like what's cheapest.
Speaker 7: Remember when Ashton did the whole month of eating, I feel like he ate a lot of seven layer burritos.
Speaker 6: Yeah, but that's because I wanted to freeze him and those are the only freezeable items.
Speaker 2: You have to go back because it was embarrassing.
Speaker 9: Ever, dog, I do think because it's the cheapest and get the most food for your buck, I'm gonna.
Speaker 1: Go seven l burrito.
Speaker 6: Jake Jose said seven layer burrito. That is.
Speaker 1: Correct.
Speaker 6: It was the crunch trap.
Speaker 1: Supreme Jose and Alexis got their questions wrong. They're gonna be getting shocked today. And somebody wanted to hear bad Romance by Lady Gaga.
Speaker 9: I want you to, I want your revenge and me could write a battle.
Speaker 10: Where we were.
Speaker 1: Starting horrible for everybody involved. Was the question of the.
Speaker 8: Day, Brook and Jeffrey in the morning.
Speaker 1: Don't you hate it when a really catchy but annoying song gets stuck in your head all day? Yes, and then you can't get it out for hours like this one.
Speaker 2: How did you do this to us?
Speaker 1: Now we're all gonna be this crap through the office for the next week. Thanks jeff But luckily I googled the best ways to get an obnoxious tune out of your head? Okay, and the top two suggestions were to either one die or listen to something even dumber and more annoying. And we do have one of those two things coming up in our next segment when we all share what we've been thinking about a brand new What's on your Mind?
Speaker 3: Okay?
Speaker 1: Good I thought it was like a swift death coming. Don't get any dumber more annoying than that.
Speaker 8: It's happening brooking Jeffrey in the morning.
Speaker 1: It amazes me how much exercise and extra fries sound exactly. What's so different, dude? That's the thought I had in the drive through line on Saturday night. I won What thoughts my co host we're having We're gonna find out during a brand new edition of What's on Your Mind. We're gonna start things off as always with Brooke Brook What's on your Mind?
Speaker 7: Well, I took my daughter to her first ever concert.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it was huge. It was Beyonce, it was the Queen. But I don't know if I'm a good mom for it, because well, I started to question myself.
Speaker 5: She loves Beyonce when Bay doesn't show up until nine pm, which.
Speaker 2: Has already passed my daughter on.
Speaker 9: A school night, an hour before it's supposed to start right now.
Speaker 5: Yeah, and we have been hyped already for four hours, right, so it's like a sugar crash almost, Like I can use she's wanting to she's singing along, but she's like not fully there.
Speaker 2: She's not used to being up that lady. Yeah, she's nine.
Speaker 7: And then we didn't even stay to the end. We had to leave early because she was just fading.
Speaker 3: It was eleven o'clock at night.
Speaker 1: You were not out on a Beyonce concert.
Speaker 2: We had to And what was.
Speaker 1: So sad sent your daughter up after eleven?
Speaker 11: Yeah?
Speaker 12: I mean we could hear crazy in love as we're walking out.
Speaker 3: And like, I mean, there was part of.
Speaker 7: Me that it was like, well, let's just let her sleep and I'll carry her home.
Speaker 2: But she was begging me to leave, so I had to.
Speaker 12: But of course I got her concert shirt concert yeah, which my husband immediately told me was not appropriate because it has Beyonce's boobs like like nudity.
Speaker 2: He's like, it's not nude.
Speaker 8: But.
Speaker 1: It doesn't look very good on like a ten year old.
Speaker 3: I didn't think it was a big deal.
Speaker 2: I'm like, you're a dude, that's what you're looking at it.
Speaker 3: I'm like, you have to show it off. You have to hear the suirt like.
Speaker 2: You think that that's bad. You should have seen what she saw at the show.
Speaker 1: Honey, what's been on your mind? A couple of years ago, I made friends of the seagull. If you guys don't steve right, you.
Speaker 7: Would take videos when you would drive by it and stuff live news.
Speaker 1: I've made a new bird friend. It's a crow and I've already named him Joe Crogan. All Right, it's rare.
Speaker 2: He's not like women. I'll tell you that.
Speaker 1: Okay.
Speaker 9: So I noticed this crow was landing on my balcony like over and over.
Speaker 1: I can tell he was trying to communicate. So I had just ordered fish and chips. I don't really eat the fries, Jean. I run inside and I'm like, dude, Joe Crogan probably wants come back out. And he was waiting and I had ryan. He loved it.
Speaker 3: He was so happy, like free food.
Speaker 9: So now since that that was like a few days ago, every single day he is on my balcony. I think his beak hit the glass door, like he was not Yeah, like, hey, not French fries.
Speaker 1: He wants to hang out with me?
Speaker 2: Yeah, I think he wants food?
Speaker 1: Was there before the food? You think the crazy cat ladies are strange until bird made really good friends. That's your thing, apparently, what's been on your mind?
Speaker 13: So I went out the other night, got home, Yeah, and it was a bit of a rough night.
Speaker 3: Okay. I get back, I'm like, eat some food before bed, and then I just knock out.
Speaker 2: Okay.
Speaker 3: I wake up frantic. I don't remember much all right. I can't find my phone anywhere.
Speaker 12: Yeah, but then I do find my phone in the bathroom next to the toilet, okay, and I look, it's all set up.
Speaker 3: As if I puked, but there's no mess.
Speaker 2: I'm like, no, me.
Speaker 3: I look at the mirror and I see that I am covered in it. Actually missed the toilet, missed.
Speaker 12: The toilet looks and it's in my bed, oh.
Speaker 3: In my bed everywhere. Discuss you guys. So and then my phone started to beat like ringing. I'm getting this alert I'm like, what I look, it's ten am, and I realized I had scheduled my first ever virtual therapy session.
Speaker 11: No am.
Speaker 3: If she was facetiming me to talk.
Speaker 1: Wait a minute, did you answer the call?
Speaker 3: Yeah, you're like.
Speaker 8: Yeah.
Speaker 12: I tried to hold it, like, you know, my neck up.
Speaker 7: Did the therapist hang up and just say the lost cause can't help?
Speaker 12: She probably thought it, but she did ask, you know, how my morning was going, and I tried to hide it.
Speaker 3: I didn't tell her what happened.
Speaker 1: You weren't honest with the therapist about what's going on in your life. You're supposed to tell her.
Speaker 3: I don't think I was supposed to tell her that. I don't want her to judge me right away, and that's your job.
Speaker 1: That's literally why.
Speaker 2: You're paying her.
Speaker 3: I don't know. She might call it. She was really eager to schedule my next session.
Speaker 2: It's only up from here. Alexis all right, Jeffy, what's on your mind?
Speaker 1: Well, guys, it's happening. What My mom has started making guest appearances on people's podcasts no way, because you know how, literally everyone has a podcast now, so all of her old radio friends from the seventy are launching theirs and she's going on them to.
Speaker 7: Be a guest to talk about like the good old days.
Speaker 1: And she was on a huge show. She was she was on the Doctor Demento show. But now she's going on and she's talking and singing parody songs live on their podcast.
Speaker 2: Wait, she's your competition. Are we competing against your mom?
Speaker 1: Not kind of, not really, but the experience has really boosted her ego so much so, I mean, that's great, but it's so much Now she's demanding that we put her on this show.
Speaker 2: Oh yes, Jeffrey's mom songa the week.
Speaker 1: I'm like, Mom, why do you want to come on here? And she's like, oh, I'll come on to one of your segments and I will say something so funny. I don't think she realizes this, but my mom isn't really funny. She's more like cooky crazy.
Speaker 6: Off the wall.
Speaker 1: She'll say something insane, got energy, funny, not really. So I guess we can all get together and discuss after today's show if we want an elderly senior citizen who's related to me to come on with some politically charged humor that's borderline offensive to most people. I did see a Facebook and I was like, that's a little polase. It is very very political and highly inappropriate. She wants us to get canceled. Do we let it happen? That's the question.
Speaker 14: Ye set me a news article last week about it, like convenience store that got robbed in your old neighborhood.
Speaker 1: Going off on that one for a while.
Speaker 2: No comment attached to it, just.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so that will be the last show we ever do. That's what's on our minds? Text in seven eight five nine tiers tell us what's been on yours. It's Brook and Jeffrey in the morning.
Speaker 8: Brook and Jeffrey in the morning.
Speaker 1: People are telling us what's been on their minds because we just shared what's on ours. Someone wrote in at seven eight five nine to two, I'm Luna and I wake up t y'all's radio show every morning. I'm listening right now and I've already laughed a lot this morning. Oh yeah, I love the name Luna. Also, you're the only one Luna, so enjoy it.
Speaker 2: It was an improvement from yesterday.
Speaker 1: The other text says, why is it okay to ask for a tip now at a fast food restaurant? When you order your food, pay with a card, and they flip the screen around and mention, please pick a tip percent. What is going on the other day too?
Speaker 7: I know, but it's like the companies don't want to pay their employees.
Speaker 2: We're supposed to do it.
Speaker 1: I can see that it's a bad time to ask if you'd like to tip your radio show card to the right veno, Brook and Jeffrey.
Speaker 2: We are so slow that we have not figured that out.
Speaker 8: Yet.
Speaker 1: We got one more text. I'm a middle school teacher. It's currently mercury retrograde and our second full moon this month, it's a super moon. Send thoughts and prayers please? Does that mean we're all going to go crazy?
Speaker 2: I take this. She's a junior high teacher, middle school teacher. She already had.
Speaker 3: You could buy everything on retrod.
Speaker 8: We're all screwed, Brook and Jeffrey in the morning.
Speaker 1: Whatever happened to public shaming as a way to teach people a valuable lesson?
Speaker 2: Are you trying? I think it still happens, but are you trying to?
Speaker 1: But yeah, it used to be everywhere, like if you acted out at school in class, you had to sit in the corner with your dunce hat on. Yeah, so all the other students knew you're a bad kid. Yeah.
Speaker 7: You also got beat with wooden rulers at that same time that I wouldn't go days.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and if you broke the law, you were locked up in the stocks out in the public square, so little kids could come up and tease and laugh at you. You're going to break the law again after that. I don't want to make fun of me.
Speaker 14: Don't go to the playground, kids, head down to the stocks.
Speaker 2: Do some good old fashioned bullying.
Speaker 8: It look good.
Speaker 1: And when Brooks husband loads the dishwasher wrong, she used to make him come into studio and record a thirty minute apology segment that we would broadcast over the air.
Speaker 2: But it's just geometry, Jeff, in a certain way.
Speaker 1: I am you space. I'm just saying public shaming works.
Speaker 2: Okay, and you should still see my dishwashing.
Speaker 1: It's the reason we created this next segment where lying cheaters get exposed for thousands of people to hear. It's a brand new edition of Busted. It's coming up.
Speaker 8: Sneaky husbands, two timing lives, live.
Speaker 15: Bad boyfriends, and even worse girlfriends.
Speaker 1: They thought they could get away with that, but now they're about to get busted. Walt Disney famously said, if you can dream it, you can do it.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Unfortunately a lot of people heard them started dreaming about cheating on their So I guess we can kind of blame Walt Disney for this segment Busted Thanks a Lot, Walt, where listeners share how they caught their dreaming partners doing it wrong. Person, I can't.
Speaker 2: Wait to see that Sleeping Beauty follow up.
Speaker 1: Let's start things off with Amanda, tell us how you busted your significant other.
Speaker 10: I went on the app offer up and I saw this chair for sale that I've been looking for and my boyfriend has one and he.
Speaker 7: Needs the other for a sat Oh yeah, okay, Oh it's a matching one to the one your boyfriend already has.
Speaker 8: Cool.
Speaker 10: Yeah, So like the post that this person was having a moving sale, I wanted to come and grab it. So I jumped in my car and it jump over there quick. And when I get there, who did they see?
Speaker 6: I don't know.
Speaker 1: It's your story.
Speaker 3: You tell us a.
Speaker 10: Chair trying to make it your bag. No, it was my boyfriend and our chair.
Speaker 1: Wait what he already got there?
Speaker 10: He wasn't just selling that chair. He's selling all his furniture because it turns out.
Speaker 11: He was moving with his other girlfriend.
Speaker 2: Oh so we see other girlfriends.
Speaker 1: Yeah, wow, you were the side guy. Never got that matching chair. That's too bad. Let's go to Patrick. Tell us how you busted your significant other?
Speaker 10: Oh boy, here we go.
Speaker 16: Okay, this is like two years ago. I took my girlfriend to the airport. She was going on this work trip. So I drove her to the airport and I decided to go in and wait while she checked her bag.
Speaker 2: What a good boyfriend.
Speaker 1: Wow.
Speaker 16: Yeah, it was a good thing because her bag was like completely overweight.
Speaker 2: Elesis is issue every time.
Speaker 16: So then I offered.
Speaker 17: I was like, why don't you just let me take some of this stuff home for you, so that way your bag can be the proper weight. But she told me I can just go and everything was fine, and she was acting really weird about it and kind of sketchy.
Speaker 2: Did she have a boyfriend stuffed in the bag?
Speaker 17: I don't seem to be less surprising than what I found out, right, Oh god. So finally I told her like, look, I'm not going anywhere until she opened the bag.
Speaker 11: Right, So in the airport.
Speaker 17: She opens the bag and inside there are no clothes.
Speaker 10: It was filled with.
Speaker 16: Adults, mechanical apparatuses.
Speaker 2: If it's with herself.
Speaker 11: So I'm like, you care to explain this?
Speaker 16: And she admitted me that sometimes she goes to.
Speaker 17: Vegas on weekends by herself and she meets up with randos.
Speaker 6: That aspies her wild side.
Speaker 10: So I was like, absolutely not.
Speaker 17: I'm not into this at all.
Speaker 1: She has so many in her bag that it caused it to be overworried.
Speaker 14: I'm thinking, oh my god, there's a lighter weight version of whatever.
Speaker 1: She's got diesel fuel.
Speaker 2: He's got a pollstar.
Speaker 1: You dodged a bullet. Not too We got time for one more. Let's go to Nadia. Tell us how you busted your significant other.
Speaker 13: Okay, so I was with a group of my friends. This is back like in high school whatever, my friends and my boyfriend Troy. Okay, they were all tailgating before you know, this big football game and stuff. We're having a good time. Then the cheerleaders they all came by and they stopped in front of our tit and stuff, and then they started a cheer. They started chanting a cheer, and you know I've heard it before, but they did like a remix to it, and they start going, Oh, why you ain't got no alibi? You cheated?
Speaker 11: Yeah, yeah, you cheat it.
Speaker 7: Oh wow, what a good Guessin you're with a bunch of people.
Speaker 2: How do you know it's about Troy?
Speaker 1: Yeah? Maybe the mascots, maybe they're the cheaters.
Speaker 13: No, they were talking to my boyfriend Troy specifically because he went hooked up with one of the cheerleaders.
Speaker 11: The night before.
Speaker 1: Oh are Oh why you?
Speaker 13: How by you? It's clever and I clare anytime I've ever heard that song ever since then, I automatically think of him and that.
Speaker 2: God, that's a scene.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I impressed up the cheerleaders put together that whole chant just to like out him that way.
Speaker 13: My god, so the game was over for me before it even started.
Speaker 1: Oh my god. Hit up our Tex Sports seven eight nine two if you have a funny story about how you caught your ex cheating and you could be on our next edition of Busted Phone Taps coming up next.
Speaker 8: Frooking Jeffrey in the morning.
Speaker 1: Today is prank a coworker day. So Jose that coffee you drank earlier, Oh no, you'll find out what it was, and probably just a couple of minutes. Five cups.
Speaker 2: He's already in the bathroom up, yeah, Jeff constantly. Yeah.
Speaker 1: Look, I only bring it up because one of our listeners reached out to us, asking us to prank her co worker. Okay, every day buys a smoothie from a certain smoothie shop near their office, and we're going to reach out to her and let her know today's order. It's going to take a little bit longer than normal. Okay, but it's for a great reason, not even good. Great down here it in your brand new phone, tap right now.
Speaker 8: Another on the twenties.
Speaker 18: Hello, dude, dude, you gotta go faster, man, it's not fast enough.
Speaker 1: Okay, pick it up. Hello, Hi, so sorry, this is Henry from City Smoothie. Is this Suzanne?
Speaker 4: Uh?
Speaker 11: Yes?
Speaker 1: Today, you placed an order with us about twenty minutes ago for a banana strawberry blast with an immunity boost. Yeah, okay, perfect. I just need to let you know it is going to take a little bit longer than we thought. We do apologize.
Speaker 10: Yeah, that's fine.
Speaker 1: Okay.
Speaker 10: What's the sound. Are you guys like under construction or something?
Speaker 16: What's going on?
Speaker 11: Oh?
Speaker 1: No, We're just busy making our smoothies by hand.
Speaker 10: Uh making them?
Speaker 4: What do you mean by hand?
Speaker 1: Well, technically by foot? Actually today, what the groaning is distracting? Kevin? Can you keep that down? I mean, keep running, Let's just be quiet. There you go. I'm sorry about that.
Speaker 11: Man.
Speaker 16: Well, what's going on?
Speaker 11: What do you mean by foot? This is not normal?
Speaker 1: What are you talking about? So I probably should explain. You know how we're popular for our green smoothies. Yeah, well, we wanted to go green with the entire company and stop using regular electricity altogether, and that's why we've hooked up all the smoothie machines to Kevin's treadmill.
Speaker 11: Yeah treadmill.
Speaker 1: Wait, yeah, he's running on so he's powering the smoothie machines, or at least he's trying. Not doing a very good job. Kevin gott to pick it up, buddy.
Speaker 10: So wait, you're telling me that you're not using like.
Speaker 16: Electricity, like your blenders are not plugged into the wall.
Speaker 1: Yeah, completely off the grid.
Speaker 10: You're actually making this dude run on a treadmill?
Speaker 1: Well yeah, I mean sort of. I'm not making him do it, though he wants to do this. He volunteered.
Speaker 8: Is that even safe?
Speaker 6: I mean, it is just like legal, you know what.
Speaker 1: Those are great questions. I don't really have the answer to those right now, but maybe i'll go look them up after my shift's over.
Speaker 13: Maybe you should have looked that up before you started making him run on a treadmill to mix your.
Speaker 1: Again again, sorry to correct you, keep correcting you on this, but I'm not making him do this. He's happy to do it.
Speaker 16: It doesn't sound like he's happy to do it.
Speaker 1: He wants to do it to save the earth.
Speaker 2: The earth.
Speaker 1: You hear that. He's going so green right now. He's not even wearing underwear. It's chasing, but you're dedicated. I appreciated it.
Speaker 10: That's definitely not up to a restaurant standards.
Speaker 11: I can tell you that.
Speaker 1: Well, we're not really a restaurant. We're just a smoothie shop.
Speaker 4: You're serving food, and are you serious?
Speaker 1: It's blended up food though, so I don't know if that Kevin's I don't anyway. By the looks of what's in your blender right now, I would say yours is going to be ready in about two hours or so.
Speaker 8: Two hours.
Speaker 7: No, that's not okay.
Speaker 17: I thought you just in a few minutes to do this finish light.
Speaker 1: Okay, what I'm gonna do is, I'm just gonna put you on speaker here and you can yell at him and try to motivate him. Tell him that you want your smoothie to be made faster. Here we go.
Speaker 10: I'm absolutely not gonna do that.
Speaker 1: No, it's okay, don't know. I really I really need you to motivate me.
Speaker 9: You guys, motivational thing you've ever thought.
Speaker 1: He wants to be motivated. Tread note that's not motivated. Just tell him that you want your smoothie now.
Speaker 4: No, I want him to be Okay.
Speaker 1: I should do you there you go. I can't. I can't do that, Kevin. I'm sorry. Why do you stop there? Orders aren't complete yet. I don't feel you don't get you don't get a break for another two hours, Kevin.
Speaker 13: Come on now, God you maybe you should call somebody to see about him.
Speaker 1: We can do that when his two hour break is coming up. There we go on your back. Okay. I'm sorry about that, Susan. So I put it on kill climber mode. That's how you know the smoothies are being blended better.
Speaker 11: This is this is crazy and I'm posting this.
Speaker 8: This is going to go.
Speaker 10: All over social media.
Speaker 1: Just s y, I oh good, it's going to go on to all of our social.
Speaker 6: Media to be shut down.
Speaker 1: No, it's we're going to be putting it on our radio station social media when we post this prank phone call. You're what my name is? Jeff from Brook and Jeffrey in the Morning.
Speaker 13: God showing this guy in the.
Speaker 6: Can.
Speaker 1: We Wakening is.
Speaker 15: Really the Weeke up every morning wash taps weekday mornings on the twenties Broke and Jeffrey in the Morning.
Speaker 1: Imagine someone you really like and you just started dating suddenly stops replying to your.
Speaker 7: Texts exactly at that point.
Speaker 1: That is an invitation for his I'm wondering, what's the strategy that you use to get them to respond to.
Speaker 2: You, jes.
Speaker 1: Before you give up, Jose, you might send them like one last funny meme, No I just cried, you can go to give up, Alexis. Maybe you'd send them a Venmo request.
Speaker 3: Got strong.
Speaker 1: Someone on this show would send them a link to a map with their exact location and a note below saying I'm watching you. I'm just saying it could us. I don't know which one. Promise you it works. But one of our listeners was faced with that situation and did something a little unusual in order to get his crushes attention. We'll find out if his strategy worked in a brand new Second Date Update. Second Date Update. There's so many different themed bars nowadays that are like fun and kitchy. Yeah, but there's one where you can get drinks on a working carnival carousel.
Speaker 3: Oh that's so cool.
Speaker 1: You just go up and down on your horse sea while getting schwasted. Yeah, that's part of the fun. And there's another one that's called a ping pong Emporium with over one hundred ping pong tables. You just play and drink.
Speaker 2: It's like whatever pong you want.
Speaker 1: Whatever type. My personal favorite, though, is Lose gas Station, just off the Highway. It is theme. It's just like a gas station and you can actually pump gas there. You just get a six piece sushi and a forty of mickeys and then you head into the restroom see what happens. That's my style. But I guess one of our listeners did a themed bar for his first date the other night. His name is Matt so let's talk to him.
Speaker 8: Matt.
Speaker 11: How you doing, I'm doing okay? How are you?
Speaker 1: Guys?
Speaker 2: Are you wishing you knew about lose sooner so you could have taken her there?
Speaker 1: I can show you where it is.
Speaker 11: I mean, I'm open to new places.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's my guy. Maybe I'll see you in the restaurant there. But first, let's focus on this date you went on. Who is the woman that you met?
Speaker 11: Tanita is her name?
Speaker 2: Did you guys meet online on an app?
Speaker 8: No?
Speaker 11: Actually it was a she's a friend of a coworker of mine.
Speaker 1: WHOA.
Speaker 2: We never hear about things like people.
Speaker 1: This is weird.
Speaker 11: Yeah, I'm recently single and my coworker just was like, oh, she's recently single too, so showed me a picture. I was like, oh, yeah, cute.
Speaker 1: I hate that.
Speaker 2: Okay, I mean he thought she was cute. That's exciting.
Speaker 1: Nobody sets you up unless they're taking pity on you.
Speaker 3: Looking for a rebounds.
Speaker 2: I got shut up with my husband talks about pity.
Speaker 1: Someone felt bad for you and hooked you up with some stranger's great man.
Speaker 2: He turned out to be the best guy ever.
Speaker 1: Yeah, he is you. That's you're the pity part to say anyway, back to Matt Brook, let's not focus on your pitifull life. Matt tell us about yours.
Speaker 11: Well, I was kind of trying to make it a year of yes, so I can understand where you're coming from. So I just I was like, you know what, I'm just gonna say yes to.
Speaker 7: The Yeah, what was it like when you guys first met?
Speaker 11: We first we talked on the phone and we decided like, yeah, let's meet in person. So we went to this bar that is like a bar and board games place.
Speaker 7: Okay, why do you say, Oh, like it's negative cheff.
Speaker 1: For like, you know, romantic activity. I don't know how that goes, but that's pretty yes for like a family game night, but I don't know about a date. Yeah, what were games were you playing?
Speaker 11: So, like, my favorite game is Connect four and hers is Sorry? So we grabbed one of.
Speaker 7: Those too, And those are perfect because they're easy to have conversation at the same time you're playing them.
Speaker 11: Yeah, I mean that's what I like about Connect four. It's like it forces you to look at the person because it's vertical, you.
Speaker 1: Know, you apologize. I definitely played both of those games before, but with blindfolds and handcuffs on. So it's probably a little bit different rules than you played.
Speaker 14: How do you know when you win Connect four? If you.
Speaker 11: Yeah, that seems like there were some different rules.
Speaker 1: Yeah, we don't talk to you about that. You did the childhood rules.
Speaker 2: Yeah, what was it like?
Speaker 11: It was great. Neither one of us were like overly competitive. We had some drinks. I mean, your producer even asked me, he was like, is there anything that you to think of that went wrong? And honestly, there was nothing that was weird. We got to know each other and it felt really cool.
Speaker 2: Do you think it was too boring?
Speaker 7: I mean, like that's the only thing, like if there's nothing that stood out, Yeah.
Speaker 11: No, it was fun. Another thing is after the date is kind of a different story. So I fully intended to go out with her again, and she was into it. We talked about it. So the next day I sent her a text and I didn't get any response. So after a few hours, I was feeling a little antsy, so I sent another and I'll just I'll read it to you guys. Hold on, So I wrote, you better text me back because I might go out with someone else tonight. Like a bunch of cute emojis.
Speaker 1: Oh no, I mean, I see what you were trying to do. There may read if.
Speaker 7: You spoke it, maybe, but reading it, especially when you read it from someone you don't know that.
Speaker 11: I thought she would see that it was a joke and she'd be like, yeah, what's his name? You know, like, I thought she was gonna rip me back on it.
Speaker 1: You're going out with?
Speaker 2: So what did she say back? Anything?
Speaker 8: No?
Speaker 11: And so I just kind of sent a few more texts, Oh God.
Speaker 2: What did you say? As a follow up, I.
Speaker 11: Just kind of stuck with the same theme. I just was like, all right, I'm going out. I like sent her a picture of some shoes. I was like, Sam, I'm getting balled up.
Speaker 1: Years from now, I'm gonna walk down the islands, say I do you don't text me back?
Speaker 2: Bro try that is so cry. Have you talked to the coworker that set you guys up?
Speaker 11: No? Because I just feel like it's embarrassed.
Speaker 2: It's too embarrassing.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 11: I mean I even't sent her a sorry jiff with like the commercial from the board game.
Speaker 14: Okay, trying to make an inside joke that doesn't really happening.
Speaker 1: There just too far fast. Exactly this might be too far gone, but there's a chance we could bring it back.
Speaker 2: Can we delete the text? Isn't too late for that.
Speaker 1: I'd be too late for that, But hopefully we can get her on the phone and sweetly convince her to give it another try.
Speaker 11: Yeah, Yeah, I mean, I really mean you guys know that. So if you can help me, I appreciate it.
Speaker 1: Just don't start the conbo with you. Better text me back. Yeah, well you better stay on hold this entire time. Well, we're going to move on to a different person and get them a second date update, a picture of my shoes.
Speaker 11: I deserve that. I deserve that.
Speaker 1: We're going to do your second date update right after this second date update. If you're just joining us. We're on the phone with Matt, who says he went out on the perfect first date beers board games, it's fun body flirtations that night was flawless.
Speaker 8: Huh.
Speaker 1: After the date, though a little bit of a different story, admits he may have messed up because she wasn't responding to his texts. Yeah, and in a misguided effort to get to Nita to respond, he tried to egger on a little bit with something like, hey, if you don't respond to me, I'm gonna go out with someone else.
Speaker 2: Oh my god.
Speaker 7: And he'd only given it a couple hours too for her to respond.
Speaker 2: Yeah, like she'd like left him on red for a day or two.
Speaker 1: And when he still got no reply back, he kept teasing for a while, saying, I'm serious. I'm gonna swipe on someone else soon. Now I'm putting on my shoes if you don't call me back.
Speaker 6: Are you a.
Speaker 2: Dad, because dad's never known when the joke's over either.
Speaker 11: I am not a dada, Jackie.
Speaker 1: The thing is, he hasn't said like he's in love with her, but you can tell that he does like her, and you might do some questionable things when you're really into someone.
Speaker 7: No, I really truly think you read it as a joke. I think she did not.
Speaker 11: Yeah, I mean the basis of it. I think I just figured I'm already embarrassed as well.
Speaker 2: Lean, Yeah, he tried. We're gonna try. We're gonna try harder.
Speaker 1: We're gonna call Tanita here in just a second.
Speaker 2: Digging out of a hole.
Speaker 1: Yes, yeah, you're not painting it very nicely for him. You're kind of piling I'm just saying I like to get a little positivity before we make these calls, a little forward momentum.
Speaker 3: Oh okay, then maybe she blocked you before she saw the rest.
Speaker 2: Of them.
Speaker 1: Forward bright thinking that we need. Don't you feel a little bit better now?
Speaker 6: Matt thrilled.
Speaker 1: Yeah, good news is we're not blocked. So let's see what she has to say. Here we go. Hello, Hey is this Tanita? Hey Tanita, you're on the radio right now with a fun morning show called Brooke and Jeffrey.
Speaker 2: Welcome to the show, Tanita.
Speaker 4: Yeah, oh, let me get another cup of coffee.
Speaker 2: Okay, wait, that's actually our tagline.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's not really, but I know this might be weird, but we do want to talk to you about your dating life a little bit. If you have a second.
Speaker 4: What do you mean?
Speaker 11: What are you talking about?
Speaker 1: It's a segment that we do on our show called Second Date Update, and one of our listeners has reached out because he went out with you recently, had a great time, and now hasn't been able to arrange that second meet up. His name is Matt.
Speaker 11: Oh okay, yeah.
Speaker 2: He said he's played board games together, which sounded really fun.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it was fun. The whole date was fun until after the date.
Speaker 1: After the date wasn't fun.
Speaker 4: Well, yeah, I mean I don't know. I don't know if he told you anything or whatever.
Speaker 1: I did hear that there were some texts exchanged, and by exchange, I mean just from him and the big.
Speaker 7: News he's self aware at how embarrassing those are.
Speaker 4: Oh really, Well, there were a lot more than just some texts. It was like, I mean, I don't know to the extent of what he said, but like he said.
Speaker 1: There was a lot that he was trying to like egg you on and say he was going to go on a date with somebody else if he didn't reply.
Speaker 7: He was trying to joke, but we also understand how it could be read not as a joke, Saul, and by like read literally just as a red flag.
Speaker 11: Yeah.
Speaker 4: Well, he like literally walks from me through an entire date with somebody. And that's where I kind of was like, maybe, yeah, what do you.
Speaker 1: Mean wait, what do you mean you walked you through a date?
Speaker 6: Oh?
Speaker 11: Yeah.
Speaker 4: It was first like he was talking about, like, let's meet up, and then he's like, Oh, I'm going to go out with somebody if you don't text me back, And then it was like I'm out with the girl, now.
Speaker 1: Out Wait, wait, he really went out on dates?
Speaker 2: No, I think it was a joke. I think he was just joking.
Speaker 1: Well, I thought that was that was that was the perspective that we got. Hold on, you read us the text and maybe we can decide.
Speaker 4: Yeah, okay, okay, hold one secon.
Speaker 16: I'm gonna look it up.
Speaker 1: I don't think so.
Speaker 4: Okay, I'm walking out the door out that was the last Okay, Okay, I just bought a drink.
Speaker 11: Everything's going well.
Speaker 3: I think he's.
Speaker 7: Trying to be funny to this feels achy.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I'll read you his next text, I'm playing pinball with her, but sure wish I was playing games with you, the.
Speaker 1: Board games that you were playing on your date.
Speaker 11: Still get.
Speaker 2: I like that you can find the humor in this though. I appreciate that.
Speaker 4: It's a little bit terrifying.
Speaker 1: Actually.
Speaker 4: But his next text, this is the last one I got. So I kissed her at the end of the night, but was thinking of you the whole time. Smiley face, winkie face, hurt.
Speaker 1: Oh no, that's like me.
Speaker 7: And this is this is over like a what three hour time span that he said any of these.
Speaker 4: Well, it was like a whole day from the beginning of.
Speaker 2: Oh my god, how did you not respond.
Speaker 11: For the first one I was at work.
Speaker 4: It was like there wasn't even even enough time between the text I mean to answer him, and then it just went off the rail.
Speaker 1: Did he make up that dates too? Is that a real thing?
Speaker 7: I mean, like literally texting at the same time he's kissing someone after.
Speaker 1: I'm very curious, and I just want to ask him directly because I need to tell you to Anita that Matt's on the other line right now listening to this.
Speaker 2: Yeah, another girl doesn't ye?
Speaker 11: Hey, yeah, man, I thought I was embarrassed before.
Speaker 1: That philis Eboddy, what's going on? Pilian?
Speaker 11: I'm I mean, what do you want me to say? I told you guys, I sent some embarrassing texts already.
Speaker 7: Well, right, but you said you sat like four not a whole day's worth, not I just made out way by date?
Speaker 11: Yeah, here's I don't remember getting that number. I mean a date.
Speaker 1: What were you on a date with another woman for real? Or was that all just like made up as a joke.
Speaker 11: I really don't want to have to say.
Speaker 2: Oh, well, it's not funny at all that you were like, ha ha guy.
Speaker 11: No, look, look, okay, here's what I so. I went on another date. Okay, yeah, oh my god, Tonita, I thought about you the whole time.
Speaker 8: It doesn't matter.
Speaker 9: Nothing in the last two minutes to you, but I was thinking about you the whole Tika.
Speaker 1: Sorry, I mean, does it change your mind a little bit that he actually followed through and went out with a real girl. It's like kind of sweet and truthful in that way. It kind it's arranged. If he made that whole thing up.
Speaker 19: Yeah, if he made it up, I would have gone out with him again because that was like I totally would have because he's really really trying hard and maybe making a joke. But no, this is like a hard pass, hard pass.
Speaker 2: Oh my god, he got into that part yet.
Speaker 11: Ta Okay, hey, can I change my answer? I made the whole thing up.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Yeah, let's let's rewind the tape and delete.
Speaker 2: I feel like I feel like this is the first time ever.
Speaker 7: It's like, normally people want what they can't have, and yeah, Tanita just doesn't want it.
Speaker 1: We don't know that for sure yet.
Speaker 2: Go ahead, I mean, it's.
Speaker 1: Part of the before I asked. Obviously, he's very embarrassed by what happened, but he knows he made a mistake. And sometimes when you really really are into someone, you do really really dumb stuff because you're afraid.
Speaker 2: Of losing, Like make out with other women. I mean that happens.
Speaker 1: Plus Matt, you're not still seeing that girl? Right?
Speaker 4: No?
Speaker 1: No, I mean good answer.
Speaker 2: Okay.
Speaker 7: It was just about to say.
Speaker 1: And ask if you'd like to go out with Matt one more time and we pay for it.
Speaker 4: You know, he was so good at Connect four and so good at Sorry. He wins all the games, so he's really good at playing games. I'm gonna say, no, hope, something.
Speaker 1: Like, what are you doing all right, Matt?
Speaker 8: Yeah?
Speaker 1: We we can't catch another date, buddy.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 11: I thought of something to say, but I almost feel like it's worse than the other stuff.
Speaker 7: I don't think that the whole can't get deeper at this point.
Speaker 1: Matt, go ahead, Yeah, go ahead.
Speaker 11: I just wish you would quit playing games with my heart. Oh my god, cringing as I said it, but I have.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so we're all of our listeners, so thank you for that. Matt's looking Jeffrey in the morning. Oh man, I was so hoping when we asked the question, tell me that wasn't a real date. I really wanted him to say, No, that's not real. Are you crazy? I made that up to get under her skin. Yeah, that's exactly what he should have said, even if it was a lot.
Speaker 2: Oh my god, this man, I swear and like that. He didn't fill us in on that part, like when we first talked to him. Yeah, this is like important information.
Speaker 1: So when he told us he really did go out with someone else, you could hear all of our reactions. Plus the text board was lighting up with people.
Speaker 2: Just call him an idiot.
Speaker 1: Yeah, not happy. No, they said ditch this guy. We did get one text in support of Matt, though.
Speaker 2: Was it the other person he was out with.
Speaker 1: No, it turns out it was from Matt himself. Okay, he said, Hey, this is Matt. I'm listening to myself on the radio, and I think she should reconsider. It's not as bad as it sounds.
Speaker 3: Come on, man, you texting while he does.
Speaker 1: Matt, It was as bad as it sounds.
Speaker 2: But it's amazing he can get a lot of first dates.
Speaker 1: Yeah, he had to back the trick. Is that next one? Yeah, we'll keep working on that for you. But if you want some help getting another date, we can try. Just email the show. We'll call that person. Wasn't calling you back.
Speaker 8: Brook and Jeffrey in the morning.
Speaker 1: It's Brook and Jeffrey in the morning. You remember when the Internet used to ask the public to name stuff, and we got a ship named body mc boat face, and the snow plow named Plowie mcplow head, and that high school that went with the fred Durst Department of Humanities Fred Durst the lead singer of Limp Biscuit. But there's been a couple more that happened earlier this year, and the powers that be didn't necessarily want everybody to know about them.
Speaker 2: I can't wait to hear these.
Speaker 1: Let the media catch on. But we got the hot scoop. In Australia, a boat was voted to be named fairy mcfairy face, but the Transport Minister of the government ignored the popular vote, didn't want to go with it, and it launched a nationwide political scandal where the politician got reprimanded and put on probation. That's for refusing to listen to the public's demand.
Speaker 2: This is a democratic name society.
Speaker 1: We don't care how dumb or stupid. The policies are if we want them, they need to happen.
Speaker 7: I mean, I will say I would like a new type of name, like the mcface is getting a.
Speaker 1: Little that's the question at this point. Is the stick kind of over? Is it getting old in a few years. I say that because in Kansas City they just held a naming contest for a pipe inspecting robot and coming in fourth was Pipey mcpiperson, third proby mcprobe face, in second body mcbot face. But the winner with the most votes was nothing like any of those. The public opted simply for Jeff, which is my name.
Speaker 7: I love naming like weird things are your typical dude days.
Speaker 1: That's like the joke. Now Jeff is like a joke name. Apparently I'm a pipe inspecting robot, which I guess isn't actually too far from the tree.
Speaker 7: I bet more people can spell the pipe's name right than they can spell your name.
Speaker 1: So I promise to inspect some pipe when we do addition of laser stories and that's coming up. It's the radio segment that just cracked the code on educating animals. Oh wow, for one thousand dollars he'll teach your cat to memorize one hundred and twenty different commands who the cat won't do any of that, but he signed a certificate saying they'll at least memorize those commands. So Catt trained with Laser Stories, the segment where we read weird news stories around the globe, just like everyone else does, except we've got a laser and those other meourons just don't. Yeah, it's terrible. Let's just go to your first one out of Buffalo, New York. How would you like a job at the city that pays seventy thousand dollars a year and you have to do absolutely nothing. You never have to show up, you never have to answer an email. You don't even have to know who your coworkers are.
Speaker 2: Heck, they're off for these jobs.
Speaker 1: It's exactly the gig that Jill Retman has had for the past seven years.
Speaker 2: The luckiest city worker ever.
Speaker 1: It didn't really start like that because she was first hired as a clerk in the fire department, but in twenty sixteen she was accused of tampering with the payroll in order to pat her own checks. Today, so when they found that out, she was put on paid administrative leave while they investigated the charges. Okay, only problem no one ever got around to doing that actual investigation. What do you mean, So Jill waited for a year and then decided to just get another job, figuring at some point they would realize what happened.
Speaker 2: Yeah, because she's still on administrative paid leave.
Speaker 1: But no one caught on. So for seven years, Jill took home seventy thousand dollars a year for doing absolutely nothing making benefits.
Speaker 2: Do that is like the lottery?
Speaker 1: Her total haul was around half a million work free dollars another job. Yet doing another job at the same time, she's making like six figures easily.
Speaker 2: Are they gonna make her pay it back?
Speaker 17: You know?
Speaker 3: Like is it?
Speaker 2: I mean, it's not really her fall.
Speaker 1: The city finally noticed and has described the handling of the situation as maddening and a breakdown of multiple entities within government.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but they're like, hey, her money.
Speaker 2: By the way, we don't have enough to fix up pothole by your house, though.
Speaker 1: But we could, yeah, Bill. No one in city Hall would answer questions about what was going to happen next. Jill also remains quiet on the whole situation. Probably hoping they're gonna forget about her again and go right back to paying her for doing nothing.
Speaker 7: I think she still got the emails about free donuts and the breakrood.
Speaker 1: This next laser stories out of Amarillo, thirty three year old's Whitney Moffatt drives for door Dash and the other night she went to pick up an order at Wingstop and it wasn't ready when she got to the restaurant. Okay, so she waite.
Speaker 2: It happens a lot.
Speaker 1: Waited five minutes, and then another five, and finally she got so annoyed she walked back into the kitchen area to just grab the order herself.
Speaker 7: You can't do that, Yeah, but you know what, that is a door Dash delivery person that is taken initiatives.
Speaker 1: They told her to leave, and Whitney said, not until I get my customer's gd food.
Speaker 3: Oh wow, this.
Speaker 1: Is who you want fighting for you guys.
Speaker 2: They must have tipped well, yeah, I hope.
Speaker 1: So that sparked a fight, and police say she physically attacked the store's manager.
Speaker 7: Good guy, you put that in the notes, like drop my door and please attack if.
Speaker 1: Throw hands if you have. Yeah. She continued attacking the supervisor as he tried to escort her out of the building. Luckily, an off duty cop happened to see this whole thing, and that's when Whitney also got into it with him. That's not smart. Apparently screaming doesn't anyone deserve hot food anymore. What did you expect the cop to go? Wait a minute, they don't have your order yet.
Speaker 2: That's it only person in that business that cares.
Speaker 1: She's facing charges for assault and resisting arrest. No word on how long the customer had to wait for their wings. But I know a lot of our listeners are thinking what we're all thinking. We wish every delivery driver cared about woman. Let's go to your next days of the story out of fancy fashion headquarters. Oo, I don't think I'm allowed here. Huge news and dad fashion shorts are officially cool again.
Speaker 8: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Now you might be asking were they ever cool? And that is probably a fair question, is can I say?
Speaker 3: Can I be honest?
Speaker 2: What are the jeorts again? I don't even remember what they were shorts? I thought you sjorts are longer like the long ones. They hit below your knees. Yeah, we're close to the Okay.
Speaker 1: Apparently gen z is obsessed with them, and yeah, we're not talking like the short cutoffs, even the really long baggy jean sorts that your dad bought on sale at Walmart.
Speaker 2: Crazy. It's like the skater look.
Speaker 7: Yeah, I know, like and then you sag them and you have your like, you know, your Calvin Client underwear hanging out.
Speaker 3: Oayy's doing all that. It's just the doors.
Speaker 2: Yeah, just way.
Speaker 1: Meanwhile, short tight cutoffs and daisy dukes those never went out of fashion, but now the ninety style, longer ones that go past your knees are really trendy, especially for women.
Speaker 3: I know, I keep seeing them. It's killing me.
Speaker 2: Women, and they always make my calves look so big.
Speaker 1: TikTok is full of videos on how to incorporate them into your outfits. Even cargo pant jorts are acceptable.
Speaker 7: Oh like, this is what my mom does. She just just like, honey, I don't need to throw any of these clothes out. I just wait twenty years and then it all.
Speaker 2: Comes back again.
Speaker 1: Not clear if middle aged dads can pull off the look or if you have to be young in order to make it cool. We're going to send a pair to Alexis's dad, though, to see if he can wear them around for us as an experiment.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I think it's women taking the dad's shorts.
Speaker 3: Right, that's weird.
Speaker 2: Okay, is confusing.
Speaker 8: I don't know.
Speaker 1: I don't put on your dad's.
Speaker 14: Try to follow the fashion, Jeffrey.
Speaker 2: And it's not working.
Speaker 1: Let's go to your next lazer story. Out of the tidy, whitey worlds of undergarments, Brook, don't take your dad's of those when you're getting dressed. How often do you consider not wearing any underwear.
Speaker 2: When they're too dirt? Then they're all dirty dirty?
Speaker 14: Does the launder you like there is in your pants that?
Speaker 1: Well, if you've never thought about going without, you're actually in the minority.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, I've never gone like ever?
Speaker 1: I may I mean maybe. In a new poll, thirty percent of people say they never go commando. Yeah, I never ever, ever, and while just seven percent say they always go commando. Most people go back and forth. But is it you actually leave the house right?
Speaker 6: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Yeah, I've never done it. The people more likely to go commando are men underage forty five, particularly living out west. Not wearing underwear to sleep is more common. See, no, that's different. I'm nineteen percent of people say they.
Speaker 14: Always do that, but as wears them to sleep, but then not during the day, Like this makes no sense, honey, Yes, and you're still adding underwear to the laundry.
Speaker 1: I'm like, what is going on?
Speaker 2: Well, the whole benefit of going commando is we don't have to wash them.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I think he gets in bed with you and he's like, I don't want her to get any ideas for the underwear. Another question asked if going commando was acceptable just out in the world, and people will split fifty to fifty on it.
Speaker 7: Well, I mean, if you're wearing short like dresses or something, you may don't want to.
Speaker 8: Oh.
Speaker 9: Yeah, if you're like in a sun dress, you're like a children's event or something, then yeah, don't do that.
Speaker 1: But a job interview, that's where you want to feel confident about yourself. Forty percent of people said it's always or usually acceptable. Forty said it was always are usually unacceptable. Percent Yeah, they didn't know what to say. They weren't sure.
Speaker 2: They definitely had their under on.
Speaker 1: You know what, I'm not sure about what this guy's at home attire. I've heard rumors of wide legs, silk shorts, and then others have said he's got a full body shel.
Speaker 2: Keny that he wears full body.
Speaker 1: Don't know how to feel about it. That sound means Laser Stories has come to an end for the day. We'll do it again, same time on Friday.
Speaker 8: Brook and Jeffrey in the morning.
Speaker 1: On the phone. Right now, we've got Shan who has been listening to our show. She says, since way back in when he's thirteen. Wow, when she was taking her kids to middle school. Now all of her kids are filing for their retirement papers. That was how long she's been listening. She remembers, way back when Brooke just turned forty.
Speaker 7: Oh wow, that was care go those two days old age.
Speaker 3: I can't remember.
Speaker 17: Thank you.
Speaker 2: Oh my god, he has been on the air. Wait too long.
Speaker 10: I remember when you were planning your wedding, Brook, and your mom was going to make you come out in on an elephant or a camel or something.
Speaker 2: My husband, Yeah, that happened, my husband. My husband came, No, my mom. It was definitely my mom. And my mom.
Speaker 7: Really felt like grooms also needed an entrance, so she rented a camel.
Speaker 2: Which was very hard to find in North Idaho. I'll tell you so it's amazing. It's like the most talked about thing with our.
Speaker 1: Actually it was really it was a really great day. God rest Brooks husband's soul. Anyway, we're gonna have Brooke leave the studio and Shan, you know how this game works. He got thirty seconds answer as many questions as possible. If you don't know when, you could say pass. But you do have to beat Brooke outright to win. Are you ready?
Speaker 10: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Good luck? Your time starts now. On this day in nineteen forty six, the very first con Film Festival was held in what country? Ran Arches National Park is located in which state Ka? What is the first name of Donald Duck's girlfriend Pat Which European country has a museum dedicated to Arnold Schwarzenegger. Oh? God, name the military organization who uses the slogan the Few, the Proud, the Marine. Well done, there, Shan got through a bunch of questions. We're gonna bring Brook back into the studio. And she has been listening to this show for a long time, which is why our producer asked her before she got on, what's her favorite part of the show. Who are her favorite people? She said she likes Jose she loves Brook. Oh sweet with me? Yeah, crickets, Well.
Speaker 2: She just figured out who you are, honey, so shy, I know.
Speaker 3: I love you.
Speaker 1: Yeah, no surprise.
Speaker 2: I hope to take you down right now though.
Speaker 11: Yeah, yeah, you fight all right?
Speaker 1: Good luck? Brook? Yeah, not really though, your time it starts now. On this day in nineteen forty six, the very first con Film Festival was held in what country France? Arches National Park is located in which state Utah? What's the first name of Donald Duck's girlfriend Daisy? Which European country has a museum dedicated to Arnold Schwarzenegger Germany.
Speaker 6: Name the military.
Speaker 1: Organization who uses the slogan the Few the Proud, the Marines. What was the first name of the Spanish painter Picasso?
Speaker 2: Pablo?
Speaker 1: We got time for today. Let's head on over to the scoreboard to see how you boll did with Jose.
Speaker 6: The ugliest dog in the world, mister Happy, that's me, that's me.
Speaker 1: You got three correct today?
Speaker 2: Pretty good? And Brook, Yeah, I'm feeling confident right now.
Speaker 1: You were on your game, which is why you got five.
Speaker 6: Wow.
Speaker 18: Brook does thrive on compliments, So no surprise there. Let's go to the answers real quick.
Speaker 1: On this day. In nineteen forty six, the first Con Film Festival was held in France.
Speaker 2: I think it's Can.
Speaker 1: It is Con.
Speaker 2: Everybody else calls it Can, says Cans.
Speaker 1: And then someone on the carpet's like, welcome to the COLN Festival.
Speaker 2: Just keep yeah.
Speaker 1: Arches National Parks located in Utah. It's famous for its rock formations there. Donald Duck's girlfriend is Daisy Daisy Duck. The European country that has a museum dedicated to Arnold Schwarzenegger is austri where he grew up and was born. The military organization with its slogan the Few the Proud is the Marines. Yeah, and Picasso's first name, Pablo Brook knew it.
Speaker 7: Shan.
Speaker 1: I'm sorry, we can't give you any money here, but just we're playing. You do win a pair of tickets to see Danish europop sensation and singers of Barbie Girl Aqua, performed November twelfth at the Paramount Theater.
Speaker 4: Wow.
Speaker 11: That's cool.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that is definitely really cool. Yeah that's awol. Yeah, yay, you're gonna have a fun night.
Speaker 10: I will have a fun night.
Speaker 18: Thank you all right, Shan, thanks for coming back and playing hope you come back again.
Speaker 2: Okay, and thanks for listening for so many years. It means a lot to us.
Speaker 1: We appreciate.
Speaker 10: Oh well, thank you for being on for so many years. Y.
Speaker 1: Despite what management wants, against what everybody wants, we're gonna be back again.
Speaker 2: Yeah, tomorrow, can't get rid of us.
Speaker 1: No, we'll do Windbrooks Bucks, same time tomorrow.
Speaker 8: Frooking Jeffrey in the morning,