Speaker 1: Today show is pre recorded.
Speaker 2: Y'all know what y'all don't know y'all all at all, So.
Speaker 3: Don't given them.
Speaker 4: Black a million bus.
Speaker 2: Buss boozy.
Speaker 5: Listening to to each other.
Speaker 6: I don't joy yeah, Joy show.
Speaker 4: You don't do that. Love turn.
Speaker 6: You gotta turn.
Speaker 7: I can't.
Speaker 8: Got to turn the mouth turn You probably got to turn mouth turn out, turn the water of the mony.
Speaker 1: Upo, look, come.
Speaker 3: Come out.
Speaker 4: You think that?
Speaker 9: Uh huh, I sure will. Good morning everybody. You're listening to the voice. Come on, dig me now, one and only Steve Harvey got a radio show today?
Speaker 3: Is it?
Speaker 4: Everybody? On a real positive note? Today? Is it? Today is the day?
Speaker 9: You know, when I was in high school, you know, my mother was a Sunday school teaching until she passed. I would walk out the door every morning on my way to school, and my mother used to say, listen to me, son, Hey, don't forget. Today is the day that the Lord has made. Let us rejoice and be glad in it. And you know, I ain't think much of it. You know, it was just my mama being religious. You know, Mom's spiritual woman, So you know I just took it as that. But as i've gotten older, man, You know that's registered more and more with me. Today is the day that the Lord has made. Let us rejoice and be glad in it. That's pretty cool, man. What better blessing will you get throughout the day than the fact that he allowed you to live and see it the day? See sometimes, man, when you're young, you don't pay no attention to that. But all you got to do is keep living, keep watching some people that you know not be here anymore, go to class reunions and they smaller, see people that you really loved.
Speaker 4: It meant a lot till you leave.
Speaker 9: This world, and all of a sudden, man, immortality starts to matter a great deal to you. Some of us learned this lesson sooner than others. But I know when you're young, man, you know, you think you're gonna be here for a while. You think you got time to play around, You think you got time to get it together, You got time to make the mistakes. And but man, oh man, I almost every full blown adult that I know will tell you and have said these words right here many times, And I would see the reason I'm saying is because I want you to hear them, because you're gonna use them if I only knew then what I know now? Do you know how many people have said those words right there? Because in time, man, you gain so much wisdom. Oh but it ain't like nobody didn't tell you, though somebody told you back then. Hey man, it's best to buckle down now, he say, Hey man, you better quit wasting time. Hey, look, do your best at all the times. You know, stop stop worrying about that. I'm telling you, son, in a minute, them clubs ain't gonna mean nothing to you. In a minute, that going out all the time ain't gonna mean nothing to you. I can't tell you how many times I repeat it to my kids. But man, today is a different day, because today is the day that the Lord has made.
Speaker 4: So he gave you a shot today. If you woke up.
Speaker 9: This morning, or if you're finishing your day on your shift, he gave you a new day. Nothing bigger than the fact that he woke you up today. Now, why don't you do something about that? Why don't you take advantage of it? How about if you start today? How about if you stop hesitating today? How about if you stop delaying it today? How about if you stop procrastinating today. How about if you make today to day that you go for it. I mean, man, let's all just decide today, let's go for it. Let's put forth a maximum effort today.
Speaker 4: Man, what you're doing.
Speaker 9: Look, man, take advantage of this blessing of waking up, do something today. If you would just start the process, man, start that business you always dreamed of. Go look into that other job you always yearn for. Go get the training you need to get the promotion. Man, go back to school, man, go see what you need to do to lift yourself to the next level. Stop waking up every day seeing how it's gonna go, and start waking up and do something about how it goes.
Speaker 4: If you make one step, he'll make two. But you could people.
Speaker 9: Talk about all the time, man, it seemed like you're always getting a blessing. Oh man, when you talking to a person, listen to this. If you talking to a person and it seems like there's always a blessing coming his way, let me tell you what that person doing. That person is putting one foot in front of the next. That person is putting forth some efforts out there, and that's the only way God can bless you.
Speaker 4: God can only bless you with your efforts.
Speaker 9: He can only put his finger on the thing that you are doing or attempting.
Speaker 4: That's all he can help you with.
Speaker 9: He there are no jobs walking up to your door, knocking on your door. But if you beating the pavement, if you sending in the apps, if you online scouring somewhere to work, somewhere to get a job, then God can touch somebody's heart to hire you. But if you sitting at the house every day, smoke every day, drinking, but you wondered why you just can't get a job a couple times, you the one out there. If you ain't got a job, you got to look go get one every day. You got to go look for one every single day. You can't take no days off. How about today? How about today? If we decide today is the day that we're gonna make the move. Today is the day that we stop delaying, hesitating, procrastinating. Today is the day that we take a step in the direction to do something for ourselves, for our lives, for our family, for our wives, for our children, for our community, for our school. Do something today, for crying out loud, man, stop sitting in your own life in just a stew of misery.
Speaker 4: In your own life. I'm gonna tell you something.
Speaker 9: If you are in a state of confusion, if you are troubling, if you're stuck on what to do next, you let me tell you what's happening. You're not doing enough. That's what it is.
Speaker 4: Man.
Speaker 9: See when I get in a place, man, where I don't know what the next move is, it's because i'd unusually stalled out.
Speaker 4: See, this is the way God works. This is the way He's worked for me.
Speaker 9: Every time I'm busy and I'm about the business of always trying to live my creed, which is ABC.
Speaker 4: My model is ABC. Always be closing.
Speaker 9: I'm always working on something, something to close something. When you're so busy with the business of improving yourself and doing with yourself and becoming the best you you can be, God is always working on your behalf behind some scene of something that you're in the process of tempting to close. But because you're not doing all you can do, you're limiting you. You are because if your decision not to give you all and all, you're limiting the opportunities for God to put his finger on things in touch them, on your behalf. I don't know if the average person really understands or knows what it takes to truly be successful on whatever level you're talking about. But whatever that level is, I don't care what a dollar amount you've got attached to it, what level you got if you have made the decision that you're going to be successful. I think that a lot of people, the average person does not know what that means.
Speaker 4: Whatever level you've decided to be successful on.
Speaker 9: See, that's your level of faith, that's where you see your life at. Well, guess what you got to maximize your efforts to even get to that level.
Speaker 4: So listen to me.
Speaker 9: If you want to be successful at your church, if you want to be successful in your relationship, if you want to be successful down at the day, if you want to be successful at your college, if you want to be successful on your job, guess what it's gonna take all you got in that world to become a success.
Speaker 4: I don't know why people think.
Speaker 9: That if you don't want to be what somebody else said, you ain't got to put forth that effort.
Speaker 4: Na, Nah, I ain't wrong.
Speaker 9: You've got to put forth your maximum effort at whatever role you trying to accomplish. Lord have messy man. How about today, though, y'all? How about today? Today is a good one. Let's make today today. Let's get out of that. Let's get on with it. Stop hesitating, stop delaying, stop procrastinating, start today. Watch God have something to put his finger on there. And that's all you're trying to do, man, To line yourself up with God's grace, you got to put out a lot of effort so God can put his finger on something. You feel me today, I shall hope you do, because I'm on one today.
Speaker 4: Let's go.
Speaker 9: You're listening hard morning, ladies and gentlemen, everybody. As difficult as life can be, sometimes I am still ever so greatful.
Speaker 8: Man.
Speaker 4: Oh man, I thank God, I.
Speaker 9: Really do, man, because he just he keeps me covered, He keeps me waking up, He keeps me moving forward, He keeps me mentally protected.
Speaker 4: Am I tired? Yes? Am I covet even more so? Whatever? Whatever?
Speaker 9: In spite of all of it, I don't care what besets me in my life. God is in control, and God gonna get you through it, just like he's gotten you through every other thing He's gotten. You've been easy and I've been in some stuff. But boy, God been good to me.
Speaker 2: Man.
Speaker 9: That's what I'm appreciative of. And I'm a ride with that. That's my testimony today. God be good to me through it all. You know, I don't care hide and look what it seemed like, what it may appear to be when it when it, when it passed, we're gonna be shining like two brand new pennies. Yeah, I remember I used to put pennies in my loafers.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you were loafers.
Speaker 4: Wow, Yeah, I had loafers. I had, I had a liking.
Speaker 9: Let me introduce her by damn gonna tell this story Shirley Strawberry calling for Real Mississippi, Monica Junior uh and the Steve Harvey Morning Show. I when I sold life insurance, I wore loafers.
Speaker 8: Job, well you know I had, Yes, you did life and sure just yeah I sold life insurance.
Speaker 4: It wasn't really what. I was a good salesman. I did. My follow three wasn't good. I didn't don't know.
Speaker 9: Once you bought the policy because I wanted to commission right services and servicing it.
Speaker 4: Call me, I mean know you called me with a claim or something like that. What what did you just saw you, sir.
Speaker 9: Okay, damn because because every time they call you it was a problem.
Speaker 3: You know.
Speaker 4: But we sold fine shoings.
Speaker 9: You know, Renters inshoance and you know, whole life insurance. But it was a death company, so it wasn't a high levels though. And I used to wear penny loafers.
Speaker 1: Okay, back to a penny.
Speaker 9: Sears came out with a suit, a khaki suit.
Speaker 4: I don't know if anybody remembers this. That came with a badge.
Speaker 9: And whenever you had to clean the suit, you put the suit in the bag and you put the whole bag in the Washington shuit.
Speaker 4: Okay, No, it was a khaki suit.
Speaker 9: About to remember that now, I ain't ever heard that.
Speaker 1: That's okay, interesting Jr.
Speaker 9: You probably wasn't born yet whatever to give a damn. It was either Seals or J. C. Pennies. One of them had a suit, a khaki suit. You can only get it in khaki. Ain't come no other coming. What it got it dirty, You put it in this red bag and you do the whole bag in.
Speaker 4: The Washington Let me tell you something, Yeah, don't say all that. No more penny loafers. What huh, what with that? In the penny loafers. That's where my life was.
Speaker 9: I wore penny loafers with a penny in it, and I wore a kaki suit from Seals that you can wash in the bag hardly.
Speaker 4: Don't rest of me in washing a suit in the bag, reude.
Speaker 7: Geez.
Speaker 10: All right, coming up at thirty two minutes after the hour, we'll run that prank back with Junior in for the nephew right after this.
Speaker 5: You're listening Morning show.
Speaker 10: It is time now to run that prank back with Junior in for the nephew.
Speaker 1: What you got for it's Junior.
Speaker 11: When y'all tell me that he don't work here no more, I feel better because he ain't in here.
Speaker 4: So it is run that prank back. Your baby got my baby name? But I know timmy fire, you ain't.
Speaker 12: Two weeks on the vacation time.
Speaker 4: I am.
Speaker 3: Come on, hello, Hello, I'm trying to reach a Patricia. Patricia, who is it? How you doing? Listen? My name is Floyd Floyd. I want to give you a call. You your daughter she attends middle school? Right?
Speaker 13: Okay, what's your name again?
Speaker 3: Floyd Floyd?
Speaker 14: Okay?
Speaker 13: What can I just fight you.
Speaker 3: Uh, well, like I said, your your daughter she goes she do go to middle school, right yeah, okay, her name, her name is Derek.
Speaker 14: Why you need to know that?
Speaker 3: Okay, Well, ain't something wrong or something? No, no, no, no, nothing wrong. I mean I don't mean the alarm. Ye're nothing like that. But let me see what you calling me. Well, here here's the situation. My daughter actually goes to middle school along along which with your daughter. Okay, And and it's it's a bit of a problem that that that has arisen that me and my wife just found out about.
Speaker 13: Okay, what they have some issues Derek and you in some kind of like trouble or something.
Speaker 3: No no, no, no, nothing like that.
Speaker 13: But I say, you don't food with nobody at that school. She don't mess with nobody. She own the honor row and everything. I don't have no problems out of Derreka, right like none.
Speaker 3: Okay, now let me no, let me tell you, miss miss Patricia, what the problem is. See, my daughter name is Dereka.
Speaker 13: Okay.
Speaker 3: So, and and it just blew me and my wife away that it was another Dereka that went to the school.
Speaker 13: Okay, all right, So I don't know too many Derekase, that's the unique name. That's cute.
Speaker 3: Okay, right, right, Well here's the problem. Me and my wife Actually, you know, when it was time to name my child, we thought we was really picking the name that nobody would have a pick out for their daughter, and to have another Derek in the school that lewis to wait and I guess the real reason why I'm trying to call you, miss Patricia c is if if there's something maybe we can work out, you know, maybe like your Dereka does middle name or nickname she can be called by in opposed to both of them being Derek. You really want to our child to be the only one with this name?
Speaker 15: Okay?
Speaker 13: Wait, wait, wait, wait? Now you calling me and you asking me to change my baby's name.
Speaker 3: Well, I mean you you ain't really got to legally change I mean we just start calling us something else, you know.
Speaker 13: No, no, wait a minute, say what you the name in police or something? Do you know how many ands and lit with this? And Patricia's out there? What if I asked everything in the United States to change their name from Patricia? You know how crazy that is?
Speaker 3: And I understand that you must be on drugs. Now what I'm trying to say, is you know this is something that we really have. Our baby girl was this name and we didn't want nobody else to have this. So does Yo Derek have a middle name she can use?
Speaker 13: No, we gonna call her Dereka like we've been calling. You name your baby d D. Let's call your baby d D.
Speaker 15: Is you change y'all?
Speaker 13: Y'all change y'all baby name at the school.
Speaker 3: I'm not calling. I'm not calling.
Speaker 13: I don't give what you call it, but I'm not changing my baby name.
Speaker 3: Hey, listen, Okay, look, I'm trying to call you and handle this like adults, you know, but you're seeing the sit You're gonna push my foot and to take me to another level.
Speaker 13: You ain't calling me trying to handle You can just ask me to change my baby name, call my baby something else at the school because y'all want y'all baby name to be Derek and the only Derek in the school. Hey, you know how many other kids at the damn school got the same name.
Speaker 3: I understand that, but from my baby girl, it ain't supposed to be like that her. I'm throwing.
Speaker 15: I'm throwing for you, baby girl and your wife but you know I'm not changing my baby damn name. Y'all call y'all baby d No.
Speaker 3: What I'm trying to do is get it rectified that we can call.
Speaker 15: You get my phone number. I know that school ain't give you my number.
Speaker 3: I got your number. Don't worry about that, I got it. The problem is are we talking about right now? If can we what can we start calling your child? Give me? I know that's school ain't called you my bamn number. Listen, ma'am. All I'm trying to do is figure what can we start calling your daughter DA now she been doing?
Speaker 15: Call you and your right God need to go down to the f Statistics office and good child of the name I cond you something out the kind of name for her, but my dad to good teach the same day I name.
Speaker 3: Let me explain something to you. I've been trying to be calm with you. You're a horshow, But if you're gonna find something else to call out at me, I'm gonna go. I'm gonna get all the other heads number.
Speaker 13: How do you get my numbers?
Speaker 3: Don't worry about how I got the number. Listen to what I'm trying to tell you. If you don't find another name. I'm gonna start getting the kids to call your daughter something else.
Speaker 15: You're listening to call my baby siding I probably I'm with them. Everybody who called my boy stops.
Speaker 3: You're gonna have to change your baby name. I want my baby the name to be the Derek Joe Joe. How up? Get the extreme now, my prince, it's supposed to be the only one named Derika had a car and.
Speaker 15: Call it Yoda. This shopping else at the school.
Speaker 3: I'm going out these kids starting tomorrow at school calling your daughter. I'm not staying.
Speaker 13: I'm the side with you like this number.
Speaker 15: Hang um off, my phoney, don't come on right now.
Speaker 3: Let me tell you something about I got one more thing I need to say to you. You listen to me? What are you listening to me?
Speaker 15: I'm listening to you.
Speaker 3: What bless his nephew Tommy from the Steve Hobbin Morning Show. You just got franked by your girlfriend. Give her wait?
Speaker 15: Oh god, ain't got an even brank me on this saw.
Speaker 3: I'm so sorry you all right? Sor yes, I'm gonna give her friend who i'ma god? You baby? That is? Oh?
Speaker 13: I have go start if you got my nerves bad this morning, Lord have mercy.
Speaker 3: Lord, I gotta catch my brea. I got one more thing. I gotta ask you, darling, what is What is the baddest I'm talking about the baddest radio show in the land, seem the Morning Show.
Speaker 13: I listen to y'all every morning.
Speaker 15: Y'all crazy, y'all crazy, and Nord have mercy.
Speaker 3: Y'all got my blood.
Speaker 15: Brush up this morning. I love y'all.
Speaker 13: I listen to y'all show every morning.
Speaker 11: Your baby got my baby name. I'm telling you i'mnna take a name on this show.
Speaker 1: Nephew, Nephew Jr.
Speaker 4: Yeah, Nephew Jr. Nephew. Tell me he's been fine. I know it. I mean, will you let me have fifteen days in a row?
Speaker 9: Up?
Speaker 11: Can I just take fifteen?
Speaker 5: Right there?
Speaker 4: I knew it. You used up all your days with CHRISTI thank you.
Speaker 10: Coming up next to it is asked to see you, Lord, you're listening hard Morning Show coming up at the top of the hour and Entertainment news. Tim Braxton reportedly wants to leave Atlanta after a car robbery. Megan this Stallion says she's starting a new chapter in her life and little Ken says she did not approve of the Ebony magazine cover. We'll talk about all of these stories at the top of the hour, but right now it is time to ask the clo.
Speaker 1: This is from Brenn in Saint Paul.
Speaker 10: Brenn writes, my son's first grade teacher can't stand me, so I asked that he'd be moved out of her class. I have problems with her when my older son was in her class. She shouldn't be allowed to teach black kids at all. How do I get the principal to hear me out?
Speaker 4: Oh, oh, so you want to play the race card.
Speaker 9: Oh, she shouldn't be allowed to teach black kids at all. Well, I deal with that quite differently. So we can't get into what I do. Because when Winter was a little boy that we had a problem at the school that I thought was race, and it was it was. It was a little white boy that used to bully win to and he was step on his hand.
Speaker 4: He was a bigger boy, and he step on his hand.
Speaker 9: And went to come home and show me his hand that this boy he stepped on my hand when I be on play fround. So you know, I was trying to teach my son to, you know, whoop his ass.
Speaker 4: But I couldn't quite get that across.
Speaker 9: To him because my kids didn't go to school where you had to whoop ass. I did, and so I had to go up to the school and I explained to the teacher what I thought the problem was, and then I asked for a meeting with the administration, which was the principal, and I had the boy's father come up to the school and then that's when I introduced him to what racism looks like. And I don't know if you're gonna want to do that, because I wore a white T shirt up to the school with a big N on the front up and then we started the meeting like that, Yes, this is a true story. You became then when I was in there then, So you're not gonna do that. So now let's get back to what you should do.
Speaker 1: This is not another student.
Speaker 4: So now what that's the only racism, uh story? I had?
Speaker 1: So you can't help Brend. Is that what you're saying?
Speaker 9: All my other racism I was in college and I handled it with violence, So I don't have it. I ain't never had a teacher. All the teachers didn't like me because I was black. I wasn't doing good in school nowhere. My els was earned, So I can't really claim that on racism. I just I turned in bad and work, all right. What I'm saying is all you should do is you should demand a meeting, yeah, with the superintendent and the principal in school, and start building a fire. And if it's right, right and justified, then you have a case and maybe they could reprimmend and she'll start being walking a little bit more like. But you little baby ain't finn to be stopped being black. Welcome to America, all right.
Speaker 1: Moving on, thank you.
Speaker 10: Moving on to Aliyah in Indianapolis, got Aliah, what are you thinking? Alia writes, I've been with my fiance for five years and he told me that he possibly has a two year old daughter.
Speaker 1: I have a three year old with.
Speaker 10: Him, and I plan to marry him and continue loving him. How do I convince him to take the DNA test so we can move ast this?
Speaker 9: Well, look, if he's telling you he think he got a daughter, it's pod because he got more. Now, how do I convince him to do a DNA Well, you know, child supporters is if it ain't hit.
Speaker 4: It's coming.
Speaker 9: So I mean, you know now you don already said you're gonna stay with him and you can love it. Y'all need to just go ahead on. You're not finna break up with him. He being honest and bought this to you. So all you got to convince him to do a DNA test to But first he was testing the waters. I think I might have a two year old daughter. He's trying to see how that's gonna lay out there first. Then if you cool with it, he'll take the DNA. But you seem like you've already made that necessary for testing. Good luck to both of you. Life ain't perfect. You know, go ahead on. And he told him truth, but you know and you can.
Speaker 10: In some cases, yeah, because he was cheating and he knew that it would come out eventually.
Speaker 9: Yes, well, that ain't why he did it. The baby ain't finding come out eventually. The baby hell right, see you I don't I don't do the eventually. No, No, you got the problem got to be here right before we confess to ye, see the baby here. That's why he figured. He don't figure you might get busted. The bust is hill.
Speaker 4: I think all right, moving.
Speaker 10: On to Wilma and Huntsville, woman says, I was going through my man's phone and I saw Texas between him and his mom. He told her about our last argument, and he asked her for advice on dealing with my attitude. Should I be mad or let it go and be grateful that he even cares.
Speaker 12: That's the text between him and her mother, not his mother, her mother.
Speaker 4: Oh so he done went to your mama? Between him and my mother.
Speaker 16: Yeah, yeah, it was a text between him and the girl's mama, and he was asked her for advice on how to helen what you mad at him phone.
Speaker 9: Damn, he went to your mama. He didn't even go to his mama. He went to your mama, the one that made you. Who would better know what's wrong with you than the one who gave you birth and life? So now he didne went to her going, hey, hey, hey, apple, don't fall far from so let me ask you. So it's crazy hell for him, that's what she did. This is what she did. How do I handle this?
Speaker 4: Right here?
Speaker 9: Because he and he trying the problem solved, because figuring women out is an impossible text.
Speaker 1: He'll never be able to do that.
Speaker 4: So he just trying to find some help.
Speaker 9: Because brother, and listen to me, you will never have a more difficult task your life than to try to figure one of them.
Speaker 10: And that's why she's asking should she be mad or let it go and just be grateful that he even cares enough to call.
Speaker 9: All of them crazy though, all of them.
Speaker 4: Every last one of them.
Speaker 11: Yeah, her name Wilma already, So what age is we looking at?
Speaker 4: And how old them? Well, Wilma.
Speaker 9: They just get it up in there, you know, because they want to honor their grandmama and honor.
Speaker 4: The great grandmama.
Speaker 9: Baby, you go back, she texting her mama, So her mama ain't all that old. Her mama was probably Wilma. Mama could have been a mama, you know, sixteen something like that.
Speaker 1: You don't know.
Speaker 9: She probably grandmama at thirty eight. So you know, you just had to work through that. Sometimes that Wilma get passed down, the pay tribute to grandmama's and stuff like that. You know, it was a girl text us one time. Her name was Ernestine. She was twenty five. You know, it's some carryover right here. They had reached Lord Mercy, I'm gonna name you after your great grandmama. Yeah. Man, you you're sitting up been the job at of vocation. They come out to get you out of the room. Is here's it main up here?
Speaker 1: Thank you, Celia. We gotta go.
Speaker 10: Coming up at the top of the hour. We'll have some entertainment news for you right after this. You're listening Hardy Morning Show. Well, according to Hollywood Unlocked, Tamar Braxton recently posted on an Instagram some footage of her car being broken into at her luxury Atlanta apartment building parking garage, and now Tamar is ready to move out of Atlanta altogether. Tamar wrote quote, I hate it here. OMG. I mean everyone is a target. You just don't know. Tamar feels like she's being watched, but as a public figure, she stands out even more. It might be difficult for Tamar to relocate because she works for Dish Nation, which tapes in Atlanta. And if you recall back in twenty twenty one, she was robbed in calab Assa's I think so yeah.
Speaker 4: Well, nuts in crime.
Speaker 9: It is everywhere crime, and you know it's no running from that. We're in the falling world. You got robbed in tlabasts you got robbed first of all. You know when you do some precautionary stuff. Look y'all know you can't leave no whole lot of stuff in your car overnight. You can't leave no Christmas boxes on the front doorstep. You got to get you a doughbell camera like everybody else. It's things you have to do. You can't leave packages in your car. I mean some of the stuff. And I'm not blaming Tamark. She got victimized. Oh yeah, and the looking.
Speaker 4: At the tape. These low life ass people.
Speaker 9: You can't have nothing no more without some butthole coming along. It's too trifling to take their ass to work now. They won't take what you got.
Speaker 12: I mean, and on that video they just taking their time through, like going through her stuff. This is terrible. But you know you can't leave stuff in your car. You can't leave a backpack in your car. Even tell you that, don't leave nothing.
Speaker 4: But Tamar, Tamar is a really cool person.
Speaker 2: Man.
Speaker 4: What Tamar should do is just settle down, refocus.
Speaker 9: You can't keep moving and running, and you can't allow people to upset your life with every little blow of the wind.
Speaker 4: You left calibas, you move to Atlanta, you go, you go, what and listen to.
Speaker 9: Me, here's you know? Well, okay, I don't know. I don't want to sound. Look, probably your largest expense in your life will beat your home purchase.
Speaker 4: Yeah you know, nobody.
Speaker 9: Yeah, And it's and it's a worthwhile investment because you spend more time home than you do anywhere. Your off days is home, when you sleep at home, and it's the place you go to recuperate, rejuvenate. You've got to put yourself in the safest environment that you can. But we all know crime got car keys. Even if you move out way. Our criminals have car keys. They drive now, so they can find you. But try to limit your exposure. Get yourself in a secure garage, especially if you're a high profile person, and if you're a single woman. You've got to protect yourself with as many measures as you can afford to do. And your safety and and and well being and peace of mind is worth a little extra money.
Speaker 4: Because peace of mind, man is priceless.
Speaker 11: Can't find Steve Harvey right now.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I'm not.
Speaker 9: I'm not, Look man, I don't yeah, yeah, I don't live behind no castle walls.
Speaker 4: I ain't got no moat around my house. I wish you to live.
Speaker 1: I still have to live.
Speaker 4: I do want to mote, though, I want.
Speaker 10: To dig all right?
Speaker 4: Had you in half? You belsh.
Speaker 3: All?
Speaker 10: Moving on to Meg the Stallion did a recent interview on entertainment tonight. She addressed to Justin Timberlake issue at the VMAs Plus. Megan said she's staying off social media, and she says she loves herself take a listen.
Speaker 17: And it took me a while to I always like to think of myself as a confident person. I always like to thought that I didn't care about much. I thought I was nonchalant. But it took me to go through things where so many people were talking about me constantly to where I had to realize, Okay, maf you know that's nonchalant to care for you as you thought you was. So I had to take a step back reevaluate myself. I had to get in a comfortable position with myself, and now I genuinely can say I'm in love with Megan.
Speaker 4: Good for her.
Speaker 12: She says she stayed off social media in that interview too, that's good.
Speaker 1: Good for her. She went through a lot and finally in entertainment news.
Speaker 10: Ebony Magazine released a release multiple covers for their Hip hop fiftieth anniversary issue. Lil Kim, Buster Rhymes, Swiss Beats, Rick Ross, and fifty Cent were all featured. However, Kim and some of her fans aren't feeling her cover. One person wrote, whoever did the editing needs to be fired? Okay, Little Kim's cover shot appears to have a lot a lot of airbrushing. The photography director Keith Major has responded to the backlash and said Little Kim wanted to be in She wanted to be in charge of her own retouching for her Ebony Magazine cover.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I'm gonna start doing that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, on a lot of magazine covers.
Speaker 9: What are you gonna I'm gonna get on now. I gotta start doing some touched. I'm an air brush? What is airbrush?
Speaker 10: When they I don't know, you know, they brush out your flaws all of that.
Speaker 1: You have perfect.
Speaker 4: A lot of rushing. That's a lot of damn rushing. You know.
Speaker 9: I'm the next picture I take, I ain't gonna have no expression on my face. I'm gonna all the preases out. I'm gonna be sitting up here talking about Steve got botox.
Speaker 4: Finish.
Speaker 9: Hey man, let me tell y'all something. I'm finna figure out. I'm finna figure this game out right here. I'm gonna give me some pretty ass picture. I'm gonna be I'm gonna have people gonna be looking at me talking about that's your my mo.
Speaker 10: Coming up in twenty minutes after the hour, we'll talk about National First Love Day right after this.
Speaker 5: You're listening morning show.
Speaker 10: Well, earlier this week it was National First Love Day. We all encountered love with someone we admire, and this is the day to look back on the first time we ever did so. Steve, do you remember who your first love was? I know you do, because you never forget anything. Do you remember Patricia Turner?
Speaker 3: I knew it.
Speaker 1: You remember how old were you?
Speaker 9: I'm talking about real love. Well, I thought I could love a woman to do something about him.
Speaker 4: Okay, so this Patricia Turner, she was Patricia Turner.
Speaker 9: I wanted to take her to the prom because she was dating the older guy, and he took her to the prom. He wasn't he wasn't even in hospital. I didn't know what this was about. I got beat out by I just was just like Floyd. When she came to the prom and I saw him, it was no way I can with this ass right here. It was just it was it was just too much. I was just a little I was still a boy, you know. It wasn't nothing for I had job, but I was making enough money for me, so it kind of that was my heartbreak. And but then after the prom was over, the next day at the senior picnic was at Cedar Point Amusement Park. The girl I took went to my church. The biggest mistake I've ever made in my li I took a church girl to the prom and the after prom she was sleep at the after prom?
Speaker 4: Takele.
Speaker 1: Was it boring or it just wasn't what she did?
Speaker 9: She just went to sleep. I'm out there dancing with everybody else. Lord, I was dancing, so my ass off. I had these frand new Flag Brother shoes.
Speaker 4: Everybody.
Speaker 9: Hey man, y'all had to see my outfit. I don't know what the hell y'all talking me. I had to see my outfit. So I'm out here dancing. I'm I'm doing all the day, both corners, and I'm all of a mustards. I'm working it, you know, folk, Corners, Hollywood.
Speaker 1: You had a big jungle booget.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, yeah.
Speaker 9: So then the next morning we all went to the Senior picnic. I took her to that. She was asleep in the car. So we go to the senior picnic. We get on the ride and we're on the train going around. I look and I see Patricia Turner standing by herself looking at the fence, and she waved at me. When my train was going back. I jumped off the train climbed an eight foot fist because when I waved out her, she said I said, she said, have fun, priderick because old the girl, old Las dude talking me. I ain't going no damn mutingment park. I'm stilling like that. I'm a ship you too.
Speaker 4: I climbed an eight foot fist and spent the.
Speaker 9: Whole day with Patricia Turner. Next time I saw that drag date of mind, she was standing.
Speaker 4: At the car in the Parky.
Speaker 9: Never croking, what the greatest moments of mother life?
Speaker 10: Happy National First Love Day? Coming up at thirty four minutes after the hour, Well check your voicemail, Steve. Right after this you're listening Hardy Morning Show. It is time now to check your voicemail, Steve. If you want to leave a message for Steve, call him eight seven seven twenty nine. Steve eight seven seven twenty nine, Steve, you might just hear your call on the air. Here we go. This one's from Nick Nicks out of Kentucky. He left a message about college football.
Speaker 7: Hey, uncle Steve, this is Nick Fuckentucky.
Speaker 2: I heard you talking about Coach Prime and the impact he's made on college football, not just HPC used, but the college football scheme in the hole and hotality. Well, I was walking home, Me and my girl was walking leaving.
Speaker 7: The UK football game.
Speaker 2: And a halftime and I was over with her two young people talking about go Colorado, Go Colorado. Now here it's the University of k Chucky. I'm walking home nickelball game and uh, I look over my shoulder and having to beat your young brothers tell him about to go to Colorado here at the University of Chucky. That's not the only impact. That's a great impulset that these young boys are having to follow something this great. I love Coach Prime. I love what you do as well. Keep on doing his brother, I appreciate you.
Speaker 9: I appreciate you too, brother. Oh boy, yeah, it's very impunt here sports friends. Oh yeah, then impact that Prime is having right now on football, it's amazing.
Speaker 4: First of all, he's a he's a coach that who really care to coach?
Speaker 3: Yes?
Speaker 4: And here is here a personality?
Speaker 9: Yeah, most coaches are not personality. You ever listening to Nick Saban?
Speaker 4: Tough?
Speaker 9: Yeah? Dude, he no football, he'll yeah, hell yeah, Nick Saban no football?
Speaker 4: And I like him as a person. Just dry this much, put some paint on the wall and watch it.
Speaker 9: And I think that that's what And he's shocking so many people with his success. He's gonna change the face of football.
Speaker 4: I am telling you right now.
Speaker 9: Opportunities that will be in front of black people will be at a rate you've never seen before.
Speaker 10: All right, Uh, moving on to a fishing guy in Oklahoma, Steve.
Speaker 4: Oh, good morning.
Speaker 18: I know Steve doesn't hear these, but if you would, I'm in Oklahoma and I'm a fishing guy. He will be in Oklahoma at the Shock Talk Casino, which is thirty minutes away from the lake. I know he loves to fish. I would love to take Steve fishing and some of his people no charge. Bill Miller Keecks almost stripper guide.
Speaker 4: Is on my Facebook.
Speaker 18: Please see that he gets this because I know that he would love to catch some of these stripped bass. This is the best lake in the United States. Get back then, So thank you very much, please get this.
Speaker 4: Thank you. Damn man, what boy you got?
Speaker 3: What?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 9: Fishing, guys, stripers, I've only wished. I've only been striper fishing once, you know, he.
Speaker 1: Said as the best sending.
Speaker 9: Stripers are bads, not as large a mouth as a large mouth.
Speaker 4: They look different.
Speaker 9: They fight like like they damn they fight like pitt bulls and they big. Oh, they don't voluntarily come to the boat.
Speaker 1: No fish the.
Speaker 3: Man.
Speaker 4: I wish I had time.
Speaker 9: I'm thinking about that because I got another buddy up there, man that uh.
Speaker 4: Talk to me.
Speaker 9: Oh. I love fishing, man. I don't know everything there is to know about fishing. I fish with older guys sometimes and they teach me stuff.
Speaker 10: You know.
Speaker 9: I'm still learning about a lot of stuff. But I love fishing. Somebody asked me one day, would you rather play golf for fish?
Speaker 4: I said, I rather to fish, you know, the fake fishing.
Speaker 9: Yeah, because I know how to fish.
Speaker 4: Playing golf at the tribe.
Speaker 9: Yeah, I told that little why I wanted to go, and it goes man. You know, you know I know how to fish, so you.
Speaker 4: Know, so you consider.
Speaker 3: Weekend.
Speaker 9: I would man pending if I had enough time to see what a time I get to Oklahoma. That's the second date. It's because it's a day after California. I don't know what time I can get there, and then I can't be out there fishing.
Speaker 4: I got to work that night. You know.
Speaker 1: Okay, we're about the next day.
Speaker 9: You just stay over and go fishing with well, see, I gotta I can't tell you what I'm gonna do.
Speaker 4: Then me and my wife, I got a plan, you know. All right, Oh you're still married.
Speaker 9: Yeah, nobody's surprised.
Speaker 4: All right.
Speaker 10: Coming up next, we'll have the prank phone call for today from the nephew. But Junior's in for the nephew today, so we'll hear from Junior right after this.
Speaker 5: You're listening Hard Morning Show.
Speaker 10: Coming up at the top of the hour, right about four minutes after, it's my strawberry letter for today and the subject is scratchy and stubbly but I love him.
Speaker 1: We'll get into that and find out what that's all about.
Speaker 10: And just a few because right now Junior is in for the nephew with today's prank phone called Junior, what you got?
Speaker 11: I'll tell you I got. I got ninety seven days of pranks is what I've been doing. He've been here and I'm telling y'all I know, and this prank phone call is appropriate because I think this what the hell did happen?
Speaker 4: Because I know it. You can't tell me nothing different. I ain't crazy. I work plenty of jobs, and I don't know.
Speaker 11: If you ain't here for ninety nine days, it's a possibility.
Speaker 4: This is what happened.
Speaker 11: The prank today is your new boss, because David Tommy got one.
Speaker 4: We don't know his name, but he got a.
Speaker 1: New boss some day were you're sure of it?
Speaker 11: You if I have to tell the public one more time, another prank and he ain't here, and y'all don't tell me nothing.
Speaker 4: I know he has another job.
Speaker 11: It's no other way. We're paying all Tommy bills right now. How to hell your bills getting paid? He working somewhere, Tommy Jr. Junior, Tommy making money, Tommy got a TV show, Tommy Duke stand up, Tommy got radio show, Tommy got money.
Speaker 4: Man so do you. But look where you at.
Speaker 1: Case closed.
Speaker 9: See you're not talking about oh, you're talking about responsible. You're talking about this, yeah yeah, No, See you're talking about where he worked. But you you're you're you're talking about me. You're talking about discipline.
Speaker 12: Responsible does not responsible because he's on vacation as hell?
Speaker 4: Are you here possible, Steve when you're going make age? Because you be gone? So I be gone as hell. I call me what you want to call me when I'm on my damn vacation. But I'm out.
Speaker 9: But just but just what what you call me irresponsible? You can call me undisciplined. For what I do want you to call me.
Speaker 11: Is oh, let's go your new boss pray phone call for today.
Speaker 3: Hello, Hello, I'm trying to reach Jason place.
Speaker 14: Interesting. How can I help you?
Speaker 3: Hey? Jason, Uh, this is Lyle. I'm giving you a call a lot of human resources. Right. How you doing? You're performing the project guy out there?
Speaker 14: Yes I am, I'm the project manage. How can I help you?
Speaker 3: Listen? You've been training an individual out there, I think for the last month or so. You have you been training a uh yes, a.
Speaker 14: Great guy, doing great work, doing good Okay.
Speaker 3: I was, I think, is he coming along pretty good with everything? Oh?
Speaker 14: Man, he picking up real good, man. He learning trade. I mean he's picking up just like a love him to pick up. Take some young Wilker.
Speaker 3: And here's how many more weeks of training out there?
Speaker 14: I will say, probably about another week or two, or we let him, you know, put put him on his arm.
Speaker 3: Okay, do you think he'll handle it efficiently? Oh?
Speaker 14: Yes, I think he'd be a great, great employee.
Speaker 3: Okay, you've been with the company, how long?
Speaker 14: Going on? Stop? Seventeen years?
Speaker 3: Yeah, my records are telling me somewhere around sixteen plus, right, right, right, go on seventeen Okay, you've been with us quite a while. And well, first of all, let you know we're grateful of you, of the work that you're putting in.
Speaker 14: Oh man, I appreciate my man made man. I appreciate it to help the company. Man, and you know, being here to eat many years man.
Speaker 3: He let you know, man, I love my company exactly. Listen, we got a few adjustments we're gonna be making out there on the plant. Here's what we're gonna do now, he say, you gonna be done in about a week or two.
Speaker 14: Yeah, about a week.
Speaker 3: Because okay, here's here's what we're gonna do on that particular day that he gets released. And you you, you definitely know he's ready for everything. I'm gonna want you to give him your key card as well as the key to your office. I'm gonna want you to give him your key card that gets you actually onto the property. And and you have you have your own parking space too, don't you, Yes, I do. Okay, Now we're gonna need you to give it your key card and your office key and we'll we'll find you another place to park. He's actually probably gonna be parking in your space.
Speaker 14: Hold, hold on, what do you mean? You can't mean to give him my key hocking parking space, but your.
Speaker 3: Key card that gets you onto the property, the little little electrical card there right that as well as your office. He's gonna actually be taking over as project manager.
Speaker 14: No, no, sir, I'm not giving up nothing, sir, over the parket manager.
Speaker 3: Let's let's first of all, sir, let's do that. Let's stone the language down. Okay, we're gonna find a place for but for the time being, we're gonna put you back in until we find find no gang, I'll find a place.
Speaker 14: I mean my place. Well, I'm right now, I'm not moving from nowhere.
Speaker 3: That's all right.
Speaker 14: I'm not yanging at the signing. Nothing.
Speaker 3: I got seventeen years o.
Speaker 14: Ain't nobody sit to sign me? Not a place to move?
Speaker 3: You got to.
Speaker 14: Understand that part there. I got seventeen years up in here and chrain a young guy and this guy got a couple of months and you're talking.
Speaker 3: You just wanted to do what to me?
Speaker 14: Move me.
Speaker 3: Listen, this is a temporary move. We're gonna find something better for you.
Speaker 14: No, you ain't know whatever.
Speaker 3: This is a project.
Speaker 14: Ain't nobody got that understanding.
Speaker 3: This has come from the head, and the head who tell me who.
Speaker 14: The head is? I know the heade.
Speaker 3: This decision actually come from the vice president.
Speaker 14: No, they ain't told me none of that. It comes to me first.
Speaker 3: I'll tell you what, Jason, this is something I'm supposed to probably not tell you. But let me let me let you in on a little something.
Speaker 14: Let me hand on something because this is gonna be some bull him because I check the whole place up out here, and I.
Speaker 3: Mean, let me explain something to you, Jason. This young guy that you've been training. He is actually the next few of the vice president.
Speaker 14: I don't give a about no nephew or no vice president of mine. Do you think I care about some president? Tell him? Tell the president I said what I said him and.
Speaker 3: The next you?
Speaker 14: Who cares about the nextew? They ain't never told me none of this?
Speaker 3: Okay? Well, can I expect you to give your key over to him? No?
Speaker 14: Hell no, I ain't gitting nobody nothing. Don't get the law to come and get it. Ain't nobody getting nothing. I ain't leaving. How that sounds cirt.
Speaker 3: All I can ask you for is I need your key card and I need the key to your office. I need you to empty out your things so we can move Victor in there and own you a place. This is just a temporary slop right now.
Speaker 14: You them ain't nobody getting a thing.
Speaker 4: Okay.
Speaker 14: I done been here. I tell you what I'm gonna do. I go out there and I temp slapped this little fem okay, and then I find out who his boss is or whoever the Nesty votes to beach and kick hit because I ain't giving up nothing. And this is them talking about job y'all with the wrong one, okay, with the wrong one at this time.
Speaker 3: Abody, you're talking about beating the vice president's nephew. You're you're losing control here, Jason.
Speaker 14: No, I ain't losing nothing. I'm the only thing control I'm gonna lose. And when I kick it, how that sounds? And I'm gonna kick the boat to see all of them? How that sounds? And that makes it sound clear for you.
Speaker 3: No, We're trying to just give you someplace to be temporarily until I find you another slot.
Speaker 14: Ain't no other slot. My slot is my slot.
Speaker 3: I'm gonna kick it.
Speaker 14: Give ratt not how that sound to you.
Speaker 3: All I'm asking is I need your key card and I need the key to the office. Get all your things out so I can get Victor moved in within the next week.
Speaker 14: Ain't no keys, okay, all of them. I don't give a how that sounds. I don't care nothing about them. Okay, because I see you gonna make me somebody out here today. Okay, I'm tired of it and this ain't gonna happen to me.
Speaker 3: I'm gonna get security to come over and walk you out. Okay.
Speaker 14: No, ain't no security for to walk me no way how that sounds. I came here, ain't buy myself. Ain't nobody said to walk me up out in?
Speaker 3: Are you having problems moving out for the nephew.
Speaker 14: The nephew okay, the nephew is not gonna come in here.
Speaker 3: Take Okay, there's another nephew that you need to be aware of. Do you know who the other nephew is?
Speaker 14: Hell no, I ain't never seen no other nephew. I ain't know that was a nephew.
Speaker 3: Let me tell you who the other one is.
Speaker 14: Who the other one is the other one is.
Speaker 3: Nephew Tommy from the Steve Harvey Morning Show. Jason, you just got franked.
Speaker 14: Y'all aligned with me? Man, Come on, man, don't play with me, man, Jason, Yeah, Lilien, Man, this ain't no Tommy Man. Y'all need to put that man. Man, y'all don't know how long the brother man I worked I worked up man. Hey, man, I ain't me just.
Speaker 3: This baby, y'all.
Speaker 14: But man, Man, y'all.
Speaker 3: Got me good man, I got you, man, I got I got one thing to ask you, man, what's the baddest radio show in the.
Speaker 14: Last That Steve Hobby Morning sheperd.
Speaker 11: Y'all new boss with Tommy hands. I'm telling you, I know it.
Speaker 4: His boss on vacation. This is not vacation. We all here, we do have time.
Speaker 9: Take it, Tommy, I mean, junior, why don't you take advantage of the situation.
Speaker 4: I need all my time for crisis.
Speaker 1: I can't.
Speaker 4: You don't have to use did I start hurting?
Speaker 11: I got to take off, so I got to take off.
Speaker 1: But you don't have to use your vacation days. All right, You're never gonna solve this. Coming up next the same time.
Speaker 4: I got off.
Speaker 10: Coming up next, it is today's Strawberry Letter. The subject is scratchy and stubbly, but I love him. We'll get into that right after this. You're listening hard Morning Show. It is time now for today's Strawberry Letter. And if you need advice on relationships, dating, work, sex, parenting, and more, submit your Strawberry letter to Steve HARVEFM dot com and click submit Strawberry Letter. We could be reading your letter live on the air, just like we're gonna read this one right here, right now, and you never know, it could be yours.
Speaker 4: It could be yours.
Speaker 11: He really could leads doing the time of the Strawberry, A little of my good friend, Shirley Strawberry.
Speaker 1: Thank you, my good friend.
Speaker 10: Junior's subject scratchy and stubby, but I love him just Stephen Shirley. I'm forty two years old and I've rekindled an old flame with a man from my past. I ran into him at the grocery store and he was wearing a skull cap and hoodie because it was a cold and rainy day. I was so excited to see him that I didn't focus in on his ungroomed facial hair. He asked me to meet him at a juice bar so we would catch up. We could catch up, and that's when I realized how much he has changed over the years. He showed up with the same skull cap on and I asked to see his hair. It was a big bush of naps and he hadn't combed in a while. He told me he washes it daily and lets it do whatever it wants to do. After that, he is very handsome, but he needs a haircut and he needs to s shave. The patches of hair on his face. I cannot even call it a beard. It's scratchy and stubby. And if he kisses me. It's painful. So I'm sure you're going to wonder why I continue to go out with this man that doesn't groom himself. It's been almost a year since we've reconnected, and it was a long winter last year. I was tired of being alone and cooking for just me, so I started seeing him regularly to pass the time. And I'm fallen and I've fallen back in love with him despite the prickly, itchy sex. I asked him if he'd consider cutting down his back hair, his leg hair, and his underarm hair a little bit, and he said it's not the manly thing to do. He sees how his body hair leaves find scratches all over my body, but he still won't groom himself. He's a clean man and he smells wonderful, but I'm sick of the scratchy, stubby sex. Since he won't compromise, Is it a sign that he doesn't care about me?
Speaker 1: Is this just a fling to him?
Speaker 10: Well, I just say forget about what it is to him, because this is about you. You're dating and sleeping with a man whose body hair leaves scratches all over you. Why I mean this has to be painful. It has to be uncomfortable for you. Does he care about you? You asked, Well, he must not care about your feelings, or he would shave quickly, itchy stubbly. Sex is not good sex that period. You don't have to do this.
Speaker 1: You don't have to be with him.
Speaker 10: Have you thought of stopping the intimacy until he shaves and grooms himself? Otherwise you're just taking whatever he gives you and not getting what you want. You want a clean, well shaven, well groomed man, and that's not too much to ask. You say, he won't compromise, and yet you're compromising way too much. And what does he mean it's not manly. It's very manly to shave and groom yourself, very much so. And most clean men, do you know, They may not do it all the time every day, but they certainly groom themselves and shave. You're only staying with him because you don't want to be alone. And I'm sorry, that's just not a good enough reason. You can do better, Steve.
Speaker 9: Well, Well, so this is the first letter in all the years of doing the Strawberry Letter. Uh huh, Well, a woman is dayton a superhero, a superhero. The fact what you're Dayton Wolverine. Really, it's fascinating to me. You're saying all the right things and wrong things at the same time, and that I don't understand. So let this be a lesson to all women who are compromised. But you have to understand what a compromise is. A compromise means you give a little, they give a little. You all meet in the middle, and that is the comp pro mind. That's how it's done.
Speaker 4: You give, he give.
Speaker 9: You're doing all the giving, and the giveing he doing is only enough to BENEFITEO. You rekindle a relationship with a guy used to day you're forty two, You saying the letters. You've been a long winner. You're tired of cooking for yourself and tie of being alone. That ain't no reason to just take anybody in anything. Come on now, tied to being I get it, but come on, you gotta think more of yourself. Matter at the grocery store had a skull cap in the hoodie because it was cold and raining. To seem you didn't focus on his ungroomed facial hair.
Speaker 4: You ain't see that.
Speaker 9: If I'm were you and I'm forty two and I run up in the woman I ain't seen in a while.
Speaker 4: I promise you I would notice her facial hand. I'll give you my damn word on me.
Speaker 1: Ain't don't wear a hell.
Speaker 4: David, I'm gonna not notice this.
Speaker 9: He asked me to meet him at a juice bar so we could catch up, and then that's when you realize how much he's changed over you. He showed up with the same skull cap on. I asked to see his hair. It was a big bush of naps that he ain't calmed in a while. He told me he washed it daily and let it do whatever you want to do. Next line, he is very handsome. What what did I just read?
Speaker 4: The same.
Speaker 9: You said he had a big bush and naps that he ain't combed in a while. He ain't combed his hand. What he told you he washed it daily and he let it do whatever he want to do?
Speaker 4: After that? Is he wearing the halftl of the halfstyle win?
Speaker 1: Hang on, we'll find out.
Speaker 10: We'll have part two of your response coming up at twenty three minutes after the hour. Today's Strawberry letter subject stubby and scratchy, but I love him. We'll get back into that right after this.
Speaker 5: You're listening Hardy Morning Show.
Speaker 10: All right, Come on, Steve, Let's recap today's strawberry letter. The subject is scratchy and stubby, but I love him.
Speaker 9: Letty ran up into an old flame one day, had a hoodie on the skull caps. She was so excited to see she didn't notice the ungloomed facial hair. I said earlier, and I will repeat. If I'm forty two and I run up in a woman and I ain't seen in a while, and I see her at the grocery store, I can assure you I will notice and pay attention to her ungrown facial hair. I'm gonna know this. I'm gonna know this right here. You're a woman and you got some damn facial hair. I fin to know that. I'm fin to know that. I'm gonna have to take note. I don't know what didnt happened, But then and then he asked me to meet him at the juice bar, so we can catch up at that point. If I see a woman and I'm forty two, and she got facial hair, I ain't seen it in a while. She's down at the juice bar by her. Damn, we ain't got to go down here and catch up on nothing.
Speaker 4: I done caught up. I seen what I oh.
Speaker 9: I ain't gonna hurt your feelings and say no, I ain't gonna meet you, but I ain't coming to the juice bar. You ain't seen then the while, you ain't got my note. It's called ghosting, all right. So she get down there. She ain't seen the Why I got the same scull cap on. You asked to see his hair. It was a big bush and naps, and he ain't calmed it in a while. He told me washington every day and let it do what it do. After that next line, he is very handsome. Damn, you ain't that line. I'm not gonna see what she I told you. She making a lot of statements. I don't understand. Ran up into a guy you ain't seen a while. You didn't notice his ungroom, facial hand. I run up into a woman I ain't seen it in a while. I'm gonna notice any facial hair. I don't give a damn what if there's one. It's this one curl coming off your chin. I'm gonna pick up on that. I'm gonna notice that, and I'm gonna make mental note of it. Now you do dated this man that don't calm wash, don't comb his hair, don't let it do nothing. It is looking nappy to you. It looks untain. And then right after that you say, and he's very handsome.
Speaker 4: How you know? He might be? But how do you know?
Speaker 9: But he needs a haircut, and he needs to shave the patches of hair on his face. I can't even call it a beer to scratch he and stubbly. If he kisses me, it's pain. So I'm sure you're going to wonder why I continue to go out with this man that doesn't groom himself. Everybody wanted that. Everybody listening to the Strawberry letup? What are you doing? You're going out with the man that doesn't groom himself? What now it goes crazy. It's been a year since we reconnected, and it was a long winter last year. I was tired of being alone and cooking just for me, so I took Wolverine in. He was out in the cold, living in a cave, and I decided, come on, Wolverine, you ain't got to live in a cave no more.
Speaker 4: Come on over here and stay with me.
Speaker 9: So I started seeing him regularly to pass the time, and I've fallen back in love with him.
Speaker 4: Yes, I'm in love with a superhan.
Speaker 9: I'm in love with him despite the prickly, itchy sets most animals have, harry prickly wild set. I saw a video two Kowala bears having set. They were tearing his skin off each other's back, and I guess, you know, for if I'm a wild ass animal, and that's what it is, that's what it is. I've seen a line climb up on the line this and hand set and bite it on the back of her neck.
Speaker 4: I've seen that on PEV folks. That ain't what I want.
Speaker 9: Bob Albert was doing this women though he was fighting women while he was having such as just being have a little line ass moments and stuff like that. It's just I'm just not in all that, like Thateve. I'm just going to he Hey, this is my turn with this letter. I'm just telling you, and you said I'm in love with him despite prickly itchy sex. Nobody won't that but you. I asked him if he considered listening to this cutting down his back hair leg hair and underarmed.
Speaker 4: Heir, what so it just ain't on his face?
Speaker 9: You done went out with sash Squatch or whatever his name is, Bigfoot, You done make big foot and just and it's just and under and had a little bit and he said, it's not the manly thing to do, or damn dog, it is grooming and taking care of yourself. Is cutting your hair? All this is manly? I don't is he familiar with this? Does the thing that thowns called the black Man's country Club, It's called the bober Shop.
Speaker 1: He spent a lot of time down.
Speaker 9: There because we have to groom ourself and then we have to honor our woman's wishes. Anyway, he sees how his body had leaves, fine scratches all over my body. And he still won't groom himself, but you still letting him climb on it, girl body. He's a clean man and he smells wonderful. What but I'm of the scratchy, stubbly sex. Since he won't compromise this it a side that he don't care about me? Absolutely good, Damn what you think? This is who I am? Just what I am, Just what I'm giving you? Taking a lead, Stop having sex with him till he groomed himself. Now, if he decides he'd rather stay ungroomed and have sex with you, he'd rather be scratchy, itally, itchy and prickly than to have sex with you or to be with you. You can find this out right away. Stop having sex with him until he grooms himself. If he won't groom himself, then y'all finish having.
Speaker 10: Six Post your comments on today's Strawberry Letter at Steve BARBFM on Instagram and Facebook, and check out the Strawberry Letter podcast on the free iHeartRadio app Free Never Sounded so good.
Speaker 1: You can download it today.
Speaker 10: Coming up at forty six minutes after the hour, we'll hear from Junior and Sports Talk.
Speaker 1: Right after this.
Speaker 10: You're listening Steve Harvey Morning Show. It is time now for Junior and Sports Talk. Junior, what you got man off?
Speaker 11: Nick Chubb out for this season for the Browns. Man into itself in the game on Monday Night football against the Steelers.
Speaker 4: Horrible injury. Horrible, horrible injury.
Speaker 3: Man.
Speaker 9: I felt so bad from that young guy, man horrible. It was horrific. It was so bad. ESPN wouldn't even show it. Oh yes, but the pictures, the steel pictures of the actual man. This brother's leg was bent in a way I've never seen that before.
Speaker 11: Oh wow, didn't look good at all. And on top of that, Kareem Hunt though paid a visit to the Browns.
Speaker 4: Would you take him today? That bucket ball though?
Speaker 1: Man that day right now?
Speaker 11: Also up, man, let's go get to it, man, Dean Sanders. In the Buffaloes, Colorada, Buffalo is going up against or.
Speaker 4: Again number this would be their toughest test.
Speaker 11: Yes they twenty one point underdogs Colorado Colorado is yes.
Speaker 9: Yeah they They was twenty one point under dog against Tulane too, but they had Travis Hunter. But they had Travis Hunter, Trafford Hunter. Travis Hunter is out. It's gonna be tough now that late hinter. This boy is getting these death threat He doesn't deserve death threats for that late hit.
Speaker 4: But here's the problem.
Speaker 9: Any other time they review stuff, like if there's a fight in the NFL or colleague, they review it even after the game is over and they hand out suspensions.
Speaker 4: They now review targeting.
Speaker 9: And if they missed the call on the field, they review targeting and put people out. This was a blatant late hit. Absolutely, Why nothing has happened to this player is beyond me, especially with the severity of the injury they've got.
Speaker 4: This guy got. Yeah, man, because that's a late hit.
Speaker 9: Y'all missed it on the field, but if you miss targeting, you go.
Speaker 4: I can review that.
Speaker 9: They review fights and issue punishments a week after the game over with, and that if they had given something to this guy that I believe that would squash the death threats. Now that death threats are unfair. It's unfair because.
Speaker 12: It's a football came out against that. He spoke to He said, stop that, yeah, yeah.
Speaker 11: Yeah, all right, well man, let's talk about this. Giants forty nine is tonight? Who you got forty nine?
Speaker 4: Giants can't be What is we talking about?
Speaker 14: Yeah?
Speaker 4: What we're doing it for? Party? Samuel defense? You know Saquan Is he hurt? Yeah, he's out. We were talking about folk.
Speaker 7: What is.
Speaker 4: Come on?
Speaker 11: Sports?
Speaker 9: Right?
Speaker 4: All right? Upset? Game of the Week Colorado, Oregon? Okay, okay, let's not.
Speaker 1: Coach Money's on. Coach Prime are coming up. At the top of the hour.
Speaker 10: A woman needs some social media advice Steve, her boyfriend doesn't listen when she says she won't marry again. We'll talk about it right after this. You're listening Harvey Morning Show. All right, Steve Leslie on Facebook Rights. I got married young and we had a son when I was twenty. My husband was emotionally abusive and we divorced after three years. I've been dating my current boyfriend for five years now, and he's a wonderful man, and my son adores him. I've told him many times that I don't ever want to get married again, but he basically just ignores what I say and talks about how we will get married one day. Last night, I told him that if getting married is important to him, then we should break up, and he left mad and didn't come home. I'm worried about how this is going to affect my son. I don't really want to break up with my boyfriend, but if I refuse to ever get married again, what should I do?
Speaker 4: Well, tell a person what to do.
Speaker 9: But sometimes you take the baggage and you carry it too far. Why don't you give that baggage over to God. He got you out of the mentally abusive relationship. That doesn't mean all relationships are abusive. You being with this guy for five years. You absolutely love him. He treats your son wonderful. You're not in an abusive marriage, but you're not an abusive relationship. But you think if you get married, all of a sudden, this guy is going to become what you had before. That's not fair to yourself, right, It's not fair to your relationship with God. It's amazing how God delivers us from things, and then we keep revisiting it. God gets us through something and we keep taking it with us. God get us over something, and we keep wringing it back up. You can't drive your car looking in the rear view mirror. So now you want to resign yourself to being a girlfriend the rest of your life when you clearly have a man who wants to honor you, put a ring on your finger, have a family, and treat you right. But you don't want that because you was in a bad relationship.
Speaker 4: Girl.
Speaker 9: Come on, now, this is two separate dudes. He's proving it for five years. Why would you not give.
Speaker 4: Yourself, your child, your.
Speaker 9: Family, your life a chance now if that's just not what you want now, if you don't want to be married, you don't like being in a monogamous relationship and committee it. What's the boyfriend fault? See, I don't, you don't. It's okay. Let me ask you a question, young lady. Is it okay if your boyfriend see other people?
Speaker 5: No?
Speaker 4: Probably not, probably not. Okay? Are you trying to see other people?
Speaker 1: No?
Speaker 4: She's cool, it is, yeah, okay, so cool.
Speaker 8: Now.
Speaker 9: I don't ever want to get married again, but you.
Speaker 4: Want to act married. Yeah, I'm missing the point.
Speaker 9: And for all of you women out there that's gonna be hating on me talking about Steve. She ain't got to get married or she don't want to, she don't. But let's be honest about the reason why I want to be somebody somebody, prince.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I want to belong to somebody.
Speaker 9: I want to be thought of first by somebody.
Speaker 4: You don't want that. You don't.
Speaker 9: You don't want a man to put you on a pedestal and honor you.
Speaker 4: You don't honesty? Why you would not want Yeah, she doesn't want?
Speaker 9: Okay, Well then you shouldn't be in a relationship.
Speaker 4: No, I just don't want to be married.
Speaker 9: But y'all playing married though y'all live for you live together.
Speaker 4: He left in come back you hurt the man. Man.
Speaker 9: If a man tell you want to marry you, that's an ultimate commitment for anybody.
Speaker 4: And you tell him.
Speaker 9: If I don't want to get married, If that's the deal breaker, you should we should break up.
Speaker 4: Okay, All right now when you.
Speaker 9: Walk away, Yeah, if you don't want him, okay, because I don't lie. The women gonna sign up for this one. Yeah, and I don't know what you're gonna tell your boy. Yeah, if he wanted us, but I didn't want him to want us, that he wanted us too much because.
Speaker 1: Of how your daddy treated me five years ago.
Speaker 4: It's just too much, won't.
Speaker 1: Too much loving?
Speaker 4: All right?
Speaker 10: We'll have more of the Steve Harvey Morning Show coming up at twenty minutes after the hour. Right after this, you're listening Harvey Morning Show. All right, Steve, Elevate You is out. It's doing well. Please remind everyone why they should get it and the benefits of elevate You.
Speaker 9: Let me give you all the timeline. This product came out in January. I can't even tell you the success stories I have heard since January. Wow, the sales are risk because the product really does work, does what it says is going to do. It will give you more energy, it will help you with your digestion, and it will help boost your immune system.
Speaker 4: Now listen to me.
Speaker 9: Is now in Walmart stores. We got in caps on the aisles. It's pictures of me up now. Walmart got this stuff in the stores. It's out selling a lot of products.
Speaker 4: It is a.
Speaker 9: Green drink that comes in flavors and you can get it in stick packs only at Walmart. And I got gummies out now for your men to clarity, digestion and to boost your metabolism.
Speaker 4: It works. How great timeline.
Speaker 9: I was out of shape in January. It got announced in October that I was fat and wheezy?
Speaker 4: Why is he doing? Right after that the product came out.
Speaker 9: I'm just helping y'all understand how God works in mysterious ways.
Speaker 4: The product came out here. Now look at me, fat boy going.
Speaker 9: Body fat down, energy level blood never roo fat and wheezy.
Speaker 4: Then God lean and mean coming up before enough in hell.
Speaker 10: After the hour, we'll play another round of would you rather? Right after this you're listening hard Morning Show. It is time now for another round of would you rather? Would you rather be friends with someone you were in love? With, or would you rather be married to someone you secretly hate?
Speaker 9: Huh?
Speaker 10: You want to be friends with someone you you are in love with, or you want to be married to someone that you secretly hate.
Speaker 1: You can't stand this person.
Speaker 9: I've been married to that person. That ain't no fun at all. I sely hated her and she openly hated me. Something I've had it the best of both will and the only reason I secretly hated hush because I didn't want to say it out loud, but I did. But she was openly hating me secretly, I developed the hate. It was an incredible relationship. We shared a hate. We shared a hate, and so I've done that before. So what is option eight?
Speaker 10: Would you rather be friends with someone you love, you're in love with?
Speaker 9: You're a Marjorie friend Marjorie right now? I kid you, not including all my dudes. Marjorie is my best friend.
Speaker 1: That's right, should be?
Speaker 3: Ye?
Speaker 9: Well, it's not as it should be. You should be your wife doesn't have to be your best friend. She could just be your friend. Your best friend oftentimes is one of your boys. It's always been that way for me. It's never been My best friend was my wife before My best friend has always been my homies. I've discovered something over the years. My best friend now happens to be Marjorie. But do I have some great friends?
Speaker 4: That's homies?
Speaker 9: Ride or die? I'm talking about make a phone call in it go down, hey man? Like he man, Amen, Like that scene in the movie, Hey man, I'm getting ready to go hurt some people. You could never ask me what it's about now or later. The dude looked at him and said, who car we take?
Speaker 4: That's all I got some cats like that? Yeah, friendship, all right?
Speaker 5: Which marginie?
Speaker 4: She not that way, baby, I'm going down here to hurt some people.
Speaker 9: Know you not know you're not not that? Yeah, we got to I draw the line with her right there. She can't do that. I got some cat talking call for this.
Speaker 10: Would you rather go bald or would you rather have a high pitched voice?
Speaker 4: Surely we missed it.
Speaker 1: Repeat would you.
Speaker 10: Rather go bald or would you rather have a high pitched voice?
Speaker 12: Well?
Speaker 4: We very much one. I'm fighting? He said, Yeah, damn what her? You got both.
Speaker 7: Her?
Speaker 4: You got a high pitched boy? Then you're going bold your answer? What you want to do? That's what was in here.
Speaker 9: You're talking about I'd rather go bald all you.
Speaker 1: Let him speak in his lower lower voice.
Speaker 4: Go ahead me okay from the thread in my lowest voice. Dude, you go. You gonna stop talking about me a rather.
Speaker 3: Well?
Speaker 1: Close out the show and just a few right after this.
Speaker 5: You're listening morning show.
Speaker 10: All right, guys, here we are last break of the day on this Thursday. As always, it's been a good day. And Steve, we have one more phone call for you before we get out. Uh, this is a guy who needs some life motivational advice. You're going on a big motivational speaking tour, so this is a great call.
Speaker 7: Hey, what's going on, Steve? Morn and cool keeping listening to you. Hey, I just had a quick question. Man, I feel like I have a calling on I know I have a calling on my life because so it burns inside of me when I think about it. You know what I'm saying. But I have a calling on my life, and I believe not only put me and my family on a different level, but it will also help a lot of other people. But I'm not being consistent about it. I'm being just a beating about it, and I'm not I'm not going after it like I should. What you suggest I can do to keep me focused, and you keep me consistent about it and about it. I appreciate it in a day.
Speaker 4: Thank you.
Speaker 9: It's simple. It's very simple. What I answer I'm about to give you. It's very simple, but it's hard. You have to become disciplined. Discipline is doing what you have to do even when you don't want to. See to answer the calling on your life, it requires some discipline because that calling.
Speaker 4: You don't want all to come with the calling.
Speaker 9: I've oftentimes not wanted everything that comes with my calling. But you it eats away at you. You have to answer the call. You not answer the call. You just said, brother, it will make a better way for your family, your life and everything. But you also are looking at the requirements, and that's what's got you shaking. You ain't consistent because you wake up some days and you just don't want to do that today. Discipline is doing what you have to do even when you don't want to do it. So, bruh, you have to become disciplined. Discipline is the key to becoming successful. Without discipline, you cannot become successful.
Speaker 4: You just can't.
Speaker 9: And discipline is hard to do. Discipline is hard to develop. It's hard to wake up and do something that you have to do, do something you don't want to do, and got to do it anyway.
Speaker 4: It's hard, man.
Speaker 9: But those that honor the discipline are the ones that have different types of lives. And you get to make that choice. God gives us the power of decision. We all get to decide who we are, what we gonna be, and the moment you stop trying, you have to now make the adjustment to settle in, well, this is my life. If you say this is my life, this is what I resigned myself to, then that's guess what. That's what your life is to be. And if you ain't happy with it, that's your God ain't stopped you from dreaming. God didn't stop you from believing you did. That's yourself. When you stop dreaming, that's you. When you quit believing that's you. That decision occurs in your mind, between your temples and your earloads. Those decisions are made up there you. You, you are the foreman of your brain. You just have to understand that your brain is operated in two halves. You have a positive side and a negative side, a foreman is in charge of the negative side, and a foreman is in charge of the positive side, and a foreman is in charge of the negative side. Who you called to the forefront to give instructions to every day Because.
Speaker 4: You're the CEO, you're the ball.
Speaker 9: If you say, well, man, I don't walk up on the wrong side of the bed, Man, I don't feel myself today, then guess what. That's a negative thought. The forman that's in charge of the negative sides. Come to the front of your brain, that starts issuing workers orders today.
Speaker 4: Well, boss man said he got up on the wrong side of the bed. To day.
Speaker 9: Boss man said he don't feel himself today. Let's get to work and the workers on the negative side, and the brain starts manufacturing.
Speaker 4: Thoughts to justify and fulfill the command of the CEO.
Speaker 9: On the other hand, if you wake up and say, Lord, I thank you for this day. I'm grateful. I'm expecting great things to happen to me. I'm looking for a life of abundance, and if anything happens contrary to that, I expect you to give me the strength and the will and the discipline to forge forward.
Speaker 4: Guess what the forman that's.
Speaker 9: In charge of positive thoughts, turns around and says, okay, fellas you heard the CEO today, it's gonna be a great day today. We expect great things today and if anything were to happen, gonna give us the strength and fortitude to forge forwards. And that's what gets produced. It's called discipline. Whenever I meet anybody and they are falling short of their dreams, always check them on their discipline, because y'all.
Speaker 4: It's really up to you. You ain't gotta get mad and nobody else. You have the power of choice.
Speaker 9: You get to decide now if you're gonna sit in your life and accept it the way it is. Whatever cards life then dealt you, and you're gonna just play that hand right there. You ain't gonna try to get no new cards. You ain't gonna go and pull from the deck. You ain't gonna try to embedter your hand. You just these the five cards I got. What That's not how this worked. You can change cards, man, if you don't like the hand.
Speaker 4: Now, listen to me. Do we all have some cards in our hands we don't want?
Speaker 9: Of course, you canna have the lowest card in the deck, A deuce. But if you get four deuces, you fin to win. Three deuces can win, Homie. You understand you can take something. God has the ability to take something bad and turn it into it. Man, you pick your hand, Man, I got it. Two a spade. You playing spade? You pick up your card. I got three of spade, Man, I got four spade. Pay I'm all these low ass spades.
Speaker 4: Keep picking.
Speaker 9: You mess around, and you got seven spades in your hands. I don't care if it's two through eight. You fit the win, Homie, you fit in the win. Now, Brother, get this, talk to God to THEAYD love to hear fro.
Speaker 4: Y'all have to friend.
Speaker 10: For all Steve Harvey contests. No purchase necessary, void We're prohibited. Participants must be legal US residents at least eighteen years old, unless otherwise stated. For complete contest rules, visit Steve Harvey FM dot com. You're listening to The Harvey Morning Show.