Speaker 1: And That's what you Really missed with Jenna.
Speaker 2: And Kevin an iHeartRadio.
Speaker 1: Podcast Welcome to You, and That's what You're Really miss podcast. It is the season too finale?
Speaker 2: How did we get here already? We blinked, we blinked, We got here? You guys, they grow up so fast?
Speaker 1: Time flies. Wow, Well, here we are. This is very exciting. It's New York. There's so many memories.
Speaker 2: What a jam packed episode. On its own, it's a jam packed episode. Eight billion things happen in it, and then on the personal side of it, also eight billion things were happening.
Speaker 1: Can you also believe this is like a season finale episode? It's so weird. I don't know. It doesn't feel like one, but like some of it does, some of it doesn't.
Speaker 2: Yeah, especially I feel like the ending is sort of like a.
Speaker 1: We'll get there all I remember from this episode, or like the thing that sticks out the most of my mind is Washington Square Park of us in that like running towards the camera. Yes, and obviously New York, but then there's a whole other part of it that we didn't shoot in New York, that we shot in Long Beach.
Speaker 2: Yes, I have three distinct memories. One was Long Beach at the Theater Washington Square Park. Also like getting to New York. Really, yeah, because I missed my flight.
Speaker 1: Oh no, yeah, really.
Speaker 2: This was the second time, because the first time obviously was with you coming back from New York. I missed my flight.
Speaker 1: How did you miss your flight?
Speaker 2: Because? Okay, so let me just set the scene. So this episode came out May twenty fourth, twenty eleven, Season two, Episode twenty two, New York. So we were filming in April. We actually didn't finish this episode until May twelfth, and it came out twelve days later, which is crazy.
Speaker 1: Oh my god.
Speaker 2: We shot me and Darren. We were in the Katy Perry music video last Friday night, and we shot it right before we left for New York. And if anyone lives in the UK, Scott Mills is a staple on Radio one. He's now on Radio two or three, I believe, and he was in town and I went up and so I did the Katie Perry music video and then I went up and met with him for dinner and his friend who is now one of my good friends, Dino Fetcher, the amazing actor, and a bunch of shows. So, Jenna, this is when I called you.
Speaker 1: This is when you called me. I was in Jay, I was in JFK waiting for my bag, literally at the baggage claim.
Speaker 2: We went to look music videos are. It's a long day, so we went to the music video. We had a long dinner. We went to a bar, and then Jenna receives a phone call and what was that phone call?
Speaker 1: Okay, it was like I must have landed at like seven am New York times. It must have been like four am LA time. He says. This is when we were living together. And he says, Jenna, what's our address? I said, what what you said? What's our address? I forgot our address? Yeah, you were to get home.
Speaker 2: I had one too many, I think, and I couldn't remember our address. Oh no, And you know when you are aware of how drunk you are. I'm like, oh, it sobered me up a little bit, Like I'm embarrassed. I can't remember my address. That's a first. And I hadn't packed yet. And my I had a first. My fight was at six am or something like that. So we Scott and Dino come back. We're all hanging out, and I'm like, I have to pack. So Dina was like, I'll help you. So we go to my room. We start like throwing things in a suitcase. Next thing I know, I'm waking up to a phone call from Clinton, the head of Fox Security.
Speaker 1: Oh Kevin.
Speaker 2: He's like, hey Kevin, your flight's in forty five minutes.
Speaker 1: Why are you Oh my god, Kevin.
Speaker 2: I was like, oh, oh god, Clinton, I'm in bed because you can't lie.
Speaker 1: You can't.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Yeah. He's like okay, I'll call you back. And so then I scramble I pack things really quickly. He's like, get in the car. You're on the next flight. I passed out. Dino and Scott left at some point I have like, thank god. Dino was like starting to pack me because you are like your I was basically yeah wow, And I sat. It was one of those old planes had the first class was two rows, one row two. I was one like seat. I was the very first seat in the middle. So many people. Well I knew that we're on that plane for some reason, no connection to Gie. I was so hungover. It was awful. I smelled of booze. It was terrible.
Speaker 1: So that's miss started, Like any shooting, did you like no I didn't. We were supposed to get there like days before, right.
Speaker 2: I believe we flew there because it was the royal wedding, right.
Speaker 1: Yes, so it was my it was my birthday.
Speaker 2: It was Yes, I think we flew like I think maybe I flew on the twenty ninth, maybe you flew in the twenty eighth or something, And so we were there.
Speaker 1: We were shooting on that day, were we Yeah, we were shooting those days. We shot from the twenty fifth to the twenty ninth in New York, and the Royal wedding was on the twenty eighth, So you must have left like the twenty fourth.
Speaker 2: And I stayed in bed. I wait, a full day. I had a full day to do nothing, so I recovered fantastic.
Speaker 1: Well, that's very funny. I now, okay that it's all coming back to.
Speaker 2: That's how this episode starts.
Speaker 1: Cool. Well, let's let's talk about it because we've got many, many more memories. Yeah, we tuned two, episode twenty two New York, Like you said, May twenty four, twenty eleven, was when it aired. The number one song was Rolling in the Deep Still by Adele. Tell me about the rest of it.
Speaker 2: I mean Pirates of the Caribbean. The fourth Pirates is the number one movie.
Speaker 1: Haven't seen it.
Speaker 2: So in real life when this had aired, we were on tour and we were doing some of us are doing those Samsung signings. So this is when Corey and Iya had to go to one. We all got like divvied up. We were in San Jose. Do you remember that we were We're going to do a whole episode on tour in the three D movies, So we'll talk more about that. But that was like a weird fanciness where we flew from San Francisco to San Jose, which is twenty minutes.
Speaker 1: Oh, that's right.
Speaker 2: It seems so excessive, I do remember, but we did it.
Speaker 1: Well, we were because we were on Stanka That's right.
Speaker 2: Do you want to talk about the songs in.
Speaker 1: This, Yeah, let's do it. It's a lot of.
Speaker 2: A lot of songs and like little clips, you know, there weren't a lot of full songs.
Speaker 1: Well, the iconic My Cup by Brittany and you iconic is correct. I love New York mash up with New York New York, which is a big one. Still Got Tonight by Matthew Morrison. Forgot about that one Bill and note from Lady in the Tramp very cute for good Yeah, by Usher, as long as you're there, uh, pretending by the new directions Light of the World and honorable mention New York, New York obviously Frank Sinatra while we were sitting at the t kt S stairs. Yeah, okay, I.
Speaker 2: Mean also, there's like a slew of fun facts about this, so we broke our own record of most expense of Glee episode. The last one was Sue Sivester Shuffle the Super Bowl. This one costs apparently six million dollars. It was because, because here's another fun fact, forty crew members were flown in from La most of our peeps to New York that then joined up with sixty local crew members in New York. All the show's creators, brad ryanan Ian Dante, the producer Leo, our first A d was there. We did ten locations in New York, Times Square, Lincoln Center, Gershmand Theater, Central Park, and Sarti's Washington Square Park. It was a lot. Washington Square Park was the final day of filming and it hadn't been approved by the city until after we had already gotten to New York.
Speaker 1: Wow, was excuse us the first one, I believe.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it was because by the time we got to Washington Square Park, like word.
Speaker 1: Was out, we knew what was going on, and there's so many fans. Yes, that's right, it was madness. Well, I remember when Leo was shooting the opening sequence where you know, you see her looking at Times Square and we we were waiting because it felt like forever that they were shooting, because they're setting up and trying to figure it all out, and that's a lot of fans and so it just there were a lot of roadblocks, and that's when we started to do TKTS. All of those different scenes at TKTS and the little little tidbits that we did there all took about four minutes because it was so chaotic with so many people.
Speaker 2: You want to schedule to move quickly. Just surround your filming locations with hundreds of people.
Speaker 1: It was really wild though, Like I was like, that's it, that's all we have to do. When we're so used to shooting like fourteen hour days, I thought it was going to be like that and it's always certainly it was not.
Speaker 2: Yeah, because even amongst us, we knew that we didn't have approval to shoot at some of these locations, but we weren't sure. So there were even amongst us like, oh, are we gonna get kicked out? But we just didn't know that right right, you know.
Speaker 1: It was like gorilla style.
Speaker 2: Yes, exactly. This was our first time, obviously out of the state to shoot, starting a trend, we'd go back to New York several more times. Patty Lapone, Oh my God, made a guest appearance in the Stardi scene, and it had to be shot early in the morning because she had an eleven am rehearsal. Afterwards, while some of the costuming was done ahead of time. Lou was talking about once they got to New York, they shopped for the entirety of one day, and then the next day we started shooting, and so they could add in sort of like the local New York flare. She said. We landed in New York on Saturday night and shopped all day Sunday and threw them in close for filming to begin on Monday.
Speaker 1: Oh my god, I remember getting fitted in my trailer in New York. Yeah, yep, with clothes.
Speaker 2: Matt scene where he sang his original song still got tonight, he became the first cast member to perform an original song of his.
Speaker 1: Own that was done at the Million Dollar Theater in La.
Speaker 2: Yes, so all the theaters, all the interiors you see are all LA theaters.
Speaker 1: Yes, that's right.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's basically we were only exterior shooting in New York. I like that, you know, when we get to New York, you see, like the camera pan around and you see Daniel Radcliffe and his billboard for how to succeed in business, and then you know, not too long later, exactly.
Speaker 1: This is the end of Sunshine, cod of Zone and Dustin Goules be believe it or not, the last time Lauren's I see physically physic Glue Club member, which is very weird.
Speaker 2: I feel like all of those feel weird because I remember having them around so much more than I feel like they were right. This is the last episode of credit Michael Malley as a series regular.
Speaker 1: Oh and Darren and Harry become series regulars after this episode.
Speaker 2: I would just like to say, that's crazy that Harry was a guest star for two full seasons. Horrible because Harry obviously is doing everything we're doing and then getting paid a fraction of the price. Wow, Hollywood, Hollywood. And it's one of those things too. I remember he and I were walking i think early third season talking about that, and because of that, his residuals were structured differently than Oh no, well actually it was good because he got these crazy checks for for yes, for international that we didn't.
Speaker 1: That's built into our deal.
Speaker 2: That's right, yes, yeah, so all those technical things are there's also a great behind the scenes video.
Speaker 1: For this episode there is.
Speaker 2: It's really good. So I think with a lot of these competition episodes, it's sort of everything happening everywhere all at once, and so finally, yeah, it's getting to New York, the New York and then the coutdown bonus Jonas. There's also another memory that I always think about from this episode is when we get yelled at.
Speaker 1: We got yelled at.
Speaker 2: I'll remind you when we get to it. Oh yeah, we got We've we fully because we didn't get yelled at that often. It was in LA and we got it was bad.
Speaker 1: It was I was scared, I can't remember. Okay, you're gonna have to remind me. So we open up New York in Times Square, Rachel in the very Mary Tyler Moore style esque shot. The new directions are are have made it, We've made it, and we're having I mean, we are on the stairs of t KTS, the New TKTS at the time, and we're singing New York, New York, and she's telling us that Rachel scalped tickets to go see Cats, but that closed, and and Rachel is super exciting because this is her dream and we're going to find out that she's planning on stany forever. We checked into the hotel, so we stated the Intercontinental, Is that right, Kevin?
Speaker 2: Yeah, In the last episode, I said, you know, I pointed out of the Fox had deal with American airliines obviously because we flew American aliens or advertised. The Intercontinental was also a deal because not only did we stay there, we filmed there in the in theally convenient, but also really tricky because again fans.
Speaker 1: And regular people staying at the hotel. It's a big hotel. Yes, yes, so this was a wonner. And we get into the Intercontinental, we stay there when we shoot inside the hotel rooms, though those were on stages in La when we did Like My Cup and when we were like the Pillow fights and.
Speaker 2: All of that, which is also when we get yelled at. Oh, I'll just keep throwing it in there until you're okay.
Speaker 1: I still don't remember. I probably blocked it from my memory. And mister she sets us up in our rooms because we have to write original songs, which is absolutely bonkers that we don't have the original songs written, and also leaving it up to the kids. It's not really fair.
Speaker 2: Well because he's trifling and has his own agenda, like coach, you're splitting your time.
Speaker 1: And I asked him if he's gonna help us, and he's like, gotta go fill up paperwork. AKA goes sing on Broadway. Yeah, so mister Shoe goes and sings his song, his own song.
Speaker 2: Watching I was like, isn't this his song?
Speaker 1: I was like, I don't know this song.
Speaker 2: I had a vague memory that was like I believe this is a song.
Speaker 1: No, it's great, it's really great.
Speaker 2: It was really good.
Speaker 1: And and back at the hotel room, Brittany and already are singing my Cup, Oh my Cup is so good.
Speaker 2: A banger.
Speaker 1: It is a banger. For some reason, I thought there were more of these, like original songs. Again, like trouty mouth and all those I would too. I think we're complete. No, I think we were conflating the two. Oh okay, yeah, fair, because they're very similar. It's a very similar vibe.
Speaker 2: True. This is also so these hotel room scenes, we shot them back to back to back. Again. This is schools out. You know, there's only like five days left, and we were stuck on sort of these smaller stages next to our big stages which had the school, and we were in and there was hot and we were in there for hours looking at like sort of these gray, dull walls. And it was also we were acting wild. A lot of those scenes called for us to just be silly. Everyone's talking. It's a lot to cover, right, Oh no, And at some point people weren't saying their lines correctly, especially if they were off camera. No, and it was everyone. It was all of us, and I think there were a couple people in particular, but this was an all hands on deck situation where we were all acting out of our minds. Okay, and poor Brad Foutchuck lost it and again it takes he never loses it, No, and he comes in there, he sits all of us down and basically it's just like this is your job. Oh boy, all of these people around you have families at home, and you are making it so they can't go home to see their families. And we were we were serious, like loopy, you know, we had the zooms, like we were out of control. We'll say.
Speaker 1: Also like shooting in where there's beds, you like lay down, yes, and you get coachy, you know. So like, yeah, the vibe was just all the opposite of what he wanted us to be.
Speaker 2: Well, and I feel like you girls had extra scenes in there, so you guys were in there for like I feel like a whole extra day or two.
Speaker 1: Yeah, we were there.
Speaker 2: We were in there a lot. It was a lot, and so we were feeling it. And also like summer break is almost here, just getting tour but something different. We full like that was I think the most serious sit down.
Speaker 1: Oh I don't remember that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it was bad because we were also just out of it. We were checked out.
Speaker 1: Yeah, this episode was unfortunate. God was scared to sit us down because it's just like we're adults. We're playing kids, but we're adults.
Speaker 2: So it was embarrassing.
Speaker 1: Fully, Yeah, that is embarrassing. Okay, thanks for the reminder anytime. So Quinn says that they need to get out of the room. Right, How are we supposed to be inspired to write music when we're stuck in a hotel very Diana's very and New York is going to be our inspiration? So what do we do? We go perform a big mashup, which was felt like for me at least, the entirety of working in New York was this mashup.
Speaker 2: It was I mean, that's how we see most of these locations.
Speaker 1: But you also did like Bell and Oe and like I just didn't. I don't think I did.
Speaker 2: Anything else, No, because I think it was also easier because we not having to shoot dialogue. In terms of production, you just have to go in there and shoot bits, these little little pieces. We did that little choreographed piece in Central Park really quickly.
Speaker 1: Well, there was like paparazzi. There was one hundred.
Speaker 2: Yes, you see the fans, I think, and a lot of the shots did a good job shooting around the fans, but you see them in a corner of a couple of them. And by the time we got to Lincoln Center.
Speaker 1: Oh, we had a barricade the whole thing.
Speaker 2: Yes, yeah, and they put me up on that little thing. It was so slippery, that little thing.
Speaker 1: Kevin's the famous fountain, I mean center.
Speaker 2: When you're in a chair, it's not that wide. And I was really scared and everyone was going really fast. I'm like, I am going to be launched.
Speaker 1: It was very slippery. So to say that for somebody who's on their two feet like to be on wheels.
Speaker 2: Is very It was very I don't trust any of you that much to get me around there safely.
Speaker 1: I trust, I believe that. Fun fact, my my parents, my dad, and my my mom's cousin and then my brother and my sister in law are in the fountain scene. They are extras and they really buy at the very.
Speaker 2: End mm hm and so sweet.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Leo put them in. So they came and visited. Didn't your parents come and visit at Lincoln Center two or No?
Speaker 2: I have no memory of that.
Speaker 1: I don't know. I thought they did. I thought your mom did. Anyway, there, it was very exciting for them to kind of like watch us film because you know, they don't they live there and so they don't come.
Speaker 2: To l Yeah, so this was very excit and it's an easy way for people to watch every because it's public.
Speaker 1: Yes, it was a lot that they were very overwhelmed by it all. I'm sure. I mean I was overwhelmed by it all. It was also hot in those jackets, Like why do we wear those jackets and beanies and hats dressed.
Speaker 2: In full winter garb?
Speaker 1: I was hot. Yeah, but it came out great. The song itself is an interesting choice, but obviously Ryan with Madonna, Yeah, that's good, guys. That song is bad. It's not my favorite. Like there's a.
Speaker 2: Madonnas's Madonna's incredible. That's a bad song.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's not my favorite, and it wasn't my favorite cover of ours. But whatever, it made sense and we did it and like it felt so.
Speaker 2: But it's also crazy to see that number, the money that went into that number shooting all over New York and like that's what we're saying.
Speaker 1: It's true, it's so true.
Speaker 2: I felt a little insane.
Speaker 1: Remember when we shot in Washington Square and we were hanging out in Central Park before and we walked around you me, Harry and Diana. Yeah, we got we found the balloon man in Central Park. Yeah, it was really fun.
Speaker 2: It was so many pictures of that.
Speaker 1: Yes, it was really fun to work in New York. And then my birthday and Diana's birthdays right after and Harry's birthday, we went to our friend Will's club that he was running at the time, and they brought us birthday cake and smashed it in our faces, and it was just a party, like if New York felt like a big party, like see all of our friends and shooting.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and we get to hang out with the crew, like we had meals with the crew, like you know in La when you're shooting, the days are longer and everyone has to go home to their families understandably, and so in New York we got to like I remember we went to meetball shop after Washington Square Park, we sore be Lenote, I met up with some like my childhood friend from Texas. She was going to college in the city, and so she hopped in the van with us and she's like, what is happening. I'm like, it's fine, Just come on.
Speaker 1: Do you remember this is not really my story to tell, so back and revealed time.
Speaker 2: But I love that you're doing it. You never break your code.
Speaker 1: No, but our first d d are amazing. My favorite person in the whole entire world, Leo Bauer, who like saved me a million times, like just.
Speaker 2: To save on everyone.
Speaker 1: He was just being there. He's a wonderful human being and he worked for Ryan for many many years. He was so stressed during this time. He took some ambient Oh my god, he had like ambient nightmares and was doing like really weird things and making phone calls to our script supervisor, who was like, you called me last night. We talked for twenty minutes. He didn't remember at all, Like he was so stressed out that.
Speaker 2: He had like open room service packets like all this stuff, like.
Speaker 1: Things bars like it's. It was really bad for him, and I just remember him being really stressed. So he just had to keep everything, hold everything together on that trip, you know, and just get your day, get everything shot. Like in these like crazy things, there's so much money being poured into like us being there for those minutes that were there, and it was all up to him to get it, get the shot. Yeah. So and he did it. He absolutely did it. So Finn's decides that he's going to ask Rachel on a date and he's going to take her to on this like surprise, he thinks she thinks it's a work date, but he's gonna he's gonna swoon and what's the word I'm looking for? Woo her, thank you? And it's all very cute, very the whole thing was filmed like so beautifully. And uh, they were at the bridge in Central Park and they they're all dressed up and then you guys got to do bella note and they meet Patty Lapone where Rachel has to say hi to Patty the pone for for Kurt and for her, and Patty was very nice. Tell me about Bell and note? Like, when did you shoot that? You shot that at night?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Was it long? Was it shorter? Was it like the rest of the shoots?
Speaker 2: It was a little longer than just the logistics of all because we didn't have to light any of those other things. Really, So we got there, if I remember correctly, we got there like post lunch, post Washington Square Park and so they started lighting and doing all that in the daytime, and then it became dark. And I believe that's what happens, Kevin. It became dark because there was a lot more to film and a lot of these scenes. It's Rachel and or Rachel and Finn doing things, and then the group comes to join and so or like you know, Rachel in front of the stairs, and then we have our scenes in front of the stairs. So I believe they filmed all of their stuff first. So we were just hanging out. A lot of it was just hanging. There wasn't a lot of us actually shooting. Billanotte watching this episode back, I didn't remember that she rejected him. I didn't remember. Like that seemed was so fun, right, like, oh no, it's actually pretty sad.
Speaker 1: Got it, yeah, got it was very cute.
Speaker 2: I did enjoy it, and I was also embarrassed that my I felt like my voice was so much louder than everybody else's on that song. What I was like, why is this me singing it? I can't sustain a note to save my life. And it's great, but it was I do. I do like that song, and I love the scene and it just I mean, all those shoot shows that do get to shoot in New York on location, it is madness, but it also just looks great. Totally. It does.
Speaker 1: It's a different level. It's so good. It looked really good. So Finn obviously Finn gets rejected by Rachel, and then Kurt the next day wakes Rachel up and they go to breakfast at Tiffany's and it's that's really cute too. It all looks so good, like it looks so film like.
Speaker 2: And do you remember going to meet up? I remember, like I went up and met up with them for some reason, like I was wandering around and then went and saw them. Yes, I thought the filming that.
Speaker 1: You told me that, and I can't I took pictures of them.
Speaker 2: I have pictures.
Speaker 1: And I think it was the day after the royal wedding, and I stay, did you stay up with us to watch it? I know Itelly and I stayed up to watch it together. We like he woke up at midnight or one. And I think it was on my birthday that you went. Maybe that's why I can't remember exactly, but I remember you telling you about that and Rachel. She tells Kurt that she's going to go to New York, and Kurt says he's going to go too, with Blaine, and that's when we realized why she rejected Finn the night before, and that Finn's never going to go with her to New York and then this leads them us to the wonderful scene at the Gershwin, which I also wasn't like we weren't a part of. So again, like our trope was so much easier. Yes, they were actually especially it was all of these scenes. Yeah, but she loved it because you know, she got to show everybody her grounds, which is cool.
Speaker 2: Yeah. We also we did get to tour the Wicked Theater. Obviously you had been there.
Speaker 1: Before, did we tour? It? Was I there?
Speaker 2: I don't know if you were there. I know I think you skipped that because you'd probably done it scene. Yeah, but we that's cool. And I had never been on a stage. I was actually slanted like that before.
Speaker 1: Oh god, slanted stage.
Speaker 2: That stage is I feel super slanted, isn't it?
Speaker 1: Yeah? I mean we could ask Jackie, our friend, but yeah, that one's pretty slanted and it just wears on a dancer's body and your shins and your body. Yeah. I forgot about that slanted.
Speaker 2: So that's when we met Bloomberg. See that's what.
Speaker 1: Okay, So I wasn't there, that's right, Yeah, you tipped out. I went and saw American Idiot that night.
Speaker 2: That's right. We talked about this.
Speaker 1: Yes, I think that was it. It was Leah, Chris, Me and Amber that went.
Speaker 2: Yes, because I don't think any of you are in those photos of Boomberg.
Speaker 1: But I mean, how cool was that?
Speaker 2: Was it?
Speaker 1: That they got to sing for good and especially for Chris because Leah saying on a Broadway stage before. But Chris like came to New York to visit me. Between the pilot and the show getting picked up. We went to Toys Rust and ran and rode the ferris wheel in the middle of the toys restore in Times Square. I took him to see the Empire State Building. He came and saw me in Spring Waking, and then I went on for an actual role, so he came back and saw me in that and saw Spring Wakening again. I think he saw Wicked by himself, and I think he stayed with Leah because I was staying Leah. I can't remember exactly, but it was pretty crazy.
Speaker 2: And then he gets to come back as like a fully fledged famous.
Speaker 1: Star person singing on the Wicked stage. Yeah, singing, I know. It was really really cool. And then Quinn's sharing that she wants to be in love.
Speaker 2: That pillow fight was that awful or fun.
Speaker 1: It was so fast, it was just so hot in there, and I think there were a lot of feathers throwing around. I think it was terrib because you can't reset them, like it's just it's pretty terrible, I remember, if I remember correctly. But that was also like us just kind of losing our minds and so it all blends into that room, blends into one thing for me, And You're right, it was total senior ititis. We had total senior items bad.
Speaker 2: We had it bad. Also. I love how Diana Dana wanted to cut her hair, I know, and she worked that into the script. She did Dana gets things done. Now.
Speaker 1: I remember Diana cutting her hair in l A.
Speaker 2: Yeah, me too.
Speaker 1: So I'm trying to remember how that happened.
Speaker 2: Because we shot all of that stuff prior to New York. No, after New York. To New York, you had long hair, right, and then when we're in the hotel room, yeah okay, yeah, And so it sort of wasn't sequential order because remember we went to New York and I think like half the script is unfinished. We only had so it was all the front of the episode. So she could for once like sort of plan out what's going to happen, Like, can I work the same you guys are still writing it, so maybe just drop it in there for me.
Speaker 1: That's right, that's right, smart Quinn or Santana's like, I know it's going to cheer you up, Okay, all right, okay, and then and then we're a nationals.
Speaker 2: I mean, that's sort of the end of New York. So weird, isn't it, Like that's our whole New York adventure. It was only a couple of days of shooting in New York.
Speaker 1: Yes, yeah, yeah, it was quick, that's for sure, but it was so it was special. Yeah.
Speaker 2: What was special about going on tour was getting to interact with people who watched the show. Otherwise you have no gauge or interaction with people. Social media was not what it is now. And even then, you know, people feel very emboldened to say good and bad things. So I don't feel like you're getting a real representation of people. And shooting around New York all those days. I don't know if I'm a fan of anything, you know enough to go like watch and go do that. Maybe just because I'm jaded and I've been around it, but I think the fact that people came out there and watched us film from a distance for hours all over New York was really a testament to like, oh, we're reaching people. People are liking this thing. And we obviously had no idea what we were about to embark on with the tour that was coming up in a couple of weeks. Yes, so it is. It feels like, oh, you're out in the real world. And it's probably why we were all acting insane as well, because we went to New York and then had to go back to la and finish the episode. But it's like we got a taste of the outside a second, and people like us out there and we're ready to go. So true, and that's what happens, Like you see, I think what happens when shows get really big and people start wanting to leave the show is because on those hiatuses, when you're out in the real world and everybody wants something from you, and it feels.
Speaker 1: Fucking new and fresh and yeah, totally, it's a very tempting place to be.
Speaker 2: Yes, it's dangerous.
Speaker 1: We've made it to national so that's the end of the New York stuff and we are technically in New York, but we are not actually in New York for the remainder of our shoots all alive. We are down in Long Beach at the Performing Center, and I had seen some shows there, so so weird to be Yeah.
Speaker 2: And that was shooting. That was actually our last those were our last two days competition. Yeah, that was it.
Speaker 1: I remember laying on that floor in the lobby with like a jacket strewn over.
Speaker 2: Me because so the last shot of the season was our reactions to the board the other performances.
Speaker 1: Yes, oh oh.
Speaker 2: And it was something like four am because they could just keep going because it was our last day. They weren't going to have a full other day of shooting. And we were so delirious, which sucks because you want to say goodbye to everyone.
Speaker 1: You want cyonara.
Speaker 2: Everybody was checked out, done, and also it's dangerous because I didn't have to drive home in the Yeah, I remember I think I called. I think I might have called my parents or I called maybe I called my boyfriend at the time, who likes, you know, hours ahead, because the sun was coming up as I was driving home, the sun was coming up and it was rough, rough.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that makes that's that's a bummer because you want to not feel like I have a bitter taste your at the end of the season. But it is what it is. They spent two million dollars in the episode.
Speaker 2: So yeah, get it done.
Speaker 1: Yeah. And then Rachel and Sunshine have a really nice conversation in the bathroom where Rachel is actually apologizing and you know, telling her the truth of why she sent her to the crack house weird. And then Sunshine still needs to.
Speaker 2: Get up there and perform. Essentially, I feel like these last couple episodes, you like the Rachel very redemption tour, Yeah, right, because she's saying like really nice, supportive things to people, and that's not something she normally right does, right, And I liked that they sort of you know, correcting sort of the what they did with Sunshine and the crackhouse.
Speaker 1: So Sunshine gets up there and performs with vocal adrenaline. This is an original song, very beautifully sung. Yeah, ridiculous. Yeah, And Goolesby and Will have like this whole kind of out in the lobby with the T shirts and I was like, what is that. It's just a lot of stuff, you know, there's like a lot of stuff in this episode. And then right before Finn and Rachel go on stage to sing, they're pretending. She she tells Finn that she isn't you know, obviously it's going to go to New York and so that nobody can change her mind or nothing will keep her from going. And so they perform pretending, which is slightly awkward but also pretty, and they kiss on stage and I was wondering when I was like, is this the one that the kiss ruins at all? For us? I couldn't remember exactly. Sure is show is shown, not Baban and then we all sing Light Up the World. Did you like that pretty shot when they were kissing. I did.
Speaker 2: The whole room is empty. Yes, it starts with everybody and then it keeps going around. It's so pretty.
Speaker 1: It's a pretty three sixty. Yeah, yeah, very beautiful. Thank you Andrew Mitchell for that one. Yeah, yes, that was very cool. But they ruined it for us.
Speaker 2: They sure did selfish lovers.
Speaker 1: And they think they're going to win it because of it because they were so honest, and Finn thinks it was the kiss of the century and Jesse's right. Unfortunately, unfortunately Jesse's right.
Speaker 2: How did you feel about Light Up the World?
Speaker 1: You know, I actually thought it was really fun and we should have placed.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: I thought it was great. I thought we were giving it. I was loving Diana's just living her life.
Speaker 2: We also liked the song a lot more than Loser like me.
Speaker 1: Yes, yes, yes, yes, yeah. It was fun. I remember having fun shooting that one. What did you think of Flight Up the World?
Speaker 2: I loved it. I had a great time. It also just felt celebratory because I think in real life, it's like, oh, this is our last competition, We're coming back next season. And it was so much fun. And I got to like do some bits with Naya and so, you know, we were just having a good old I was doing silly stuff with the choreography you were. I will say it was hard. I always always talk about the recording of it, but for some reason, that's what I remember. But they were really exact about the Max Martin of it all, where everything had to be. So what's the word I'm looking for.
Speaker 1: I don't know.
Speaker 2: I guess just precise m where you know, other times you could sort of add your flavor to it, but this had to be because you know, somebody else was involved. The biggest pop producer of all time, so everything had to be very very.
Speaker 1: On it. You're you're right, that's right.
Speaker 2: It was scary and it was hard and you wouldn't think this song was hard to record, right, but it was a weird challenge. Yeah, so we don't place, No, can I just list the top ten national the top ten at Nationals because the teams are so good, Portland's Scale Blazers, Vocal Adrenaline, the Waffle Toots, sing As with Attitude, Jefferson City Airplane, Twelve Steps, Vocal Chords, Sound Explosion, Teenage Scream, everything like that one, and Vocal Extreme.
Speaker 1: The Waffle tes is my favorite.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I love it.
Speaker 1: Well, Unfortunately we don't place, but I remember them saying, the writers saying, like, you can't win your first time on Nationals. At least Brad was saying that, like, we can't win the first time we're in Nationals, so we need somewhere to go. We can't peak too early, so we lose and and then we're back in Lima and Kurt is recapping with Blaine. Who do we see in the coffee bean or not the coffee bean? It's the coffee bean because that's where we shot on Paramount. Who do we see in the lima bean?
Speaker 2: It's so sweet. Mercedes and Sam walk in being super weird but full of comedy, and they go get in line and secretly start holding each other's hands.
Speaker 1: It's cute. Okay, So I thought this was early and I do in my mind this was season six.
Speaker 2: Yes, I thought this was much later.
Speaker 1: Yeah, okay, Sam sades.
Speaker 2: I'm glad we share a memory.
Speaker 1: Yeah exactly.
Speaker 2: That's not good. It's not a good one, but we shared no for sure, Okay. Cool and and Blaine says, what does he say? I love you to come?
Speaker 1: That's right there, it was.
Speaker 2: I love that scene.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's a good one. And Brittany and Santana have a nice, a really nice scene in the hallway where it starts with Santana with a moodoo doll. So good.
Speaker 2: Also, I love the scene like before We're Santana goes off on Rachel and Finn. That was again, all those scenes in those rooms, but that was the best one.
Speaker 1: That was the best one. Did you see my face? They cut to my face and I'm trying not to laugh underneath my hands. That was a blown not trying to laugh.
Speaker 2: And n have does a full real laugh during my cup as well. We were not we were not.
Speaker 1: Right. Yeah. So Santana and Brittany have this really nice scene how they're talking about the Glee Club being like family, and Brittany is telling her that she loves Santana and we're just we got to get there, We gotta get there. Rachel and Finn have a really nice scene in the library.
Speaker 2: Can we save that for last Okay, fine, just to wrap it up like the episode, Yeah, yeah, yeah, because the other thing that's happening is obviously Will going to Broadway. He sneaks in, he sings his song, and then gules By sort of giving him shit about it and leads it to the Glee Club. The Glee club finds out and is happy for him, like Glee Cub's like, well you know this, this is your dream. We support you. After Goolsby were just saying how he hates his kids and was like, I love my.
Speaker 1: Kids, right, It's like, no, you don't.
Speaker 2: Right exactly. And so by the end of the episode, Will comes back in and is like, I'm not gonna leave. I performed on a stage and we have unfinished business, you know, doesn't.
Speaker 1: That scene remind you of the pilot scene where he tells us he's leaving.
Speaker 2: Yeah, definitely reminiscent of that.
Speaker 1: And then we win our twelve place trophy, the Teams Trophy of all yeah, the Tater Todd of trophies. Yeah, okay, and then Finn and Rachel have a really nice scene in the library, a beautiful scene in the library.
Speaker 2: The scene is straight out of like John Hughes and like some of the best I feel like nineties teen comedies. It's so good in the stacks of the library, and I feel like it's one of the only times either of those characters are not putting on something, you know, like Rachel's always performing, Finn is either being the jock or he's being the leader. Like they're both having like a real honest conversation. Rachel seems change since having been in New York.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Yeah.
Speaker 2: And also the two of them have like the craziest chemistry, unbelievable. Yeah.
Speaker 1: And so they're talking about their kiss. Yeah, they don't regret their kiss, which is like, it was really sweet.
Speaker 2: It was really sweet. It just made me think of like them in real life. I was like, wait, were they dating? And now I see why that was such a big deal.
Speaker 1: M M.
Speaker 2: I was like, why do is this a big deal? Right? They aren't because they're good together. You want to root for them?
Speaker 1: No, totally power couple. Yeah, I don't. I don't think they were dating this time, or if they were, it was super secret because we didn't know.
Speaker 2: I don't believe they were.
Speaker 1: And uh, they're going to date Rachel and viner going to date before for their last year of their senior year. Yeah, and not our senior year.
Speaker 2: Right, And there's so much talk about Yeah, decision has been made about people are graduating and we.
Speaker 1: Are juniors stuck in the choir for one more year. Yeah, I don't regret it. There's so many memories to come. And that is the end of season two. Wow, the end.
Speaker 2: What a crazy, crazy time.
Speaker 1: We didn't see Sue in this episode at all.
Speaker 2: No, Jane was already on hiatus.
Speaker 1: She's doing a movie or something. I can't remember what she was she left to do, but was.
Speaker 2: She actually doing something?
Speaker 1: Probably?
Speaker 2: Yeah, she was shooting those video intros for tour.
Speaker 1: Was it Annie?
Speaker 2: No?
Speaker 1: That was later? Annie was later. Okay, So next week we're going to do a really fun season two overview and We're going to get all your grass's input.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so get ready, we need all of your input.
Speaker 1: But let's do some tardy last hearty takes of season two.
Speaker 2: Okay, cringe moments, Jenna oh.
Speaker 1: Man, I mean, I think the whole bringing it back around about the whole crackdown with Sunshine Corizone is still cringing to me.
Speaker 2: It is, but it felt like they were trying to redeem themselves.
Speaker 1: Right, Yeah, just don't remind me of it, you know.
Speaker 2: Yeah, let it go. Yeah, best dance move Lord light I mean in the world, Yeah, light up the world, I think. I mean, to be honest, I've never voted for myself in this. I did my four square step with my hands on top of my legs and I it made Zach giggle, and that's all I cared about. Best song, Jenna. Obviously it's my cut.
Speaker 1: Obviously I would say for Good.
Speaker 2: Yeah, for Good is really good. Special I what I would say for a Good or light up the World?
Speaker 1: Yeah, the Light of the World is a close second, I think. Yeah, I think the whole context to for Good was cool. Yeah. Best performance by a prop I mean the hot Dogs, Gross, the Voodoo Doll, the Doll.
Speaker 2: Was so good.
Speaker 1: It's really funny.
Speaker 2: She was so damn funny this episode.
Speaker 1: Yes, she was just keeps getting funnier. The best line, oh my god, I think Santana's rant. Yes, I can't remember that. I can't remember exactly, but it was Santana's go back and watch it.
Speaker 2: We're not going to do a justice. I also did like Kurt says, I feel like Elouise and Britney goes. I have pills for that performance. MVP.
Speaker 1: Damn, I think I get to have Dylia this time.
Speaker 2: I think so too. Just thinking about this and looking back, She's she's working three times as much as the rest of us.
Speaker 1: That's why she got paid more.
Speaker 2: That's right, she earned it, you know. Okay, so this TikTok, you know, you go back home for the holidays and you walk back in your childhood room. Yes, and lex and the City Alexis Reese on TikTok posted her walking to her room, and she has a lot, a lot when I say it, she's got a lot of Glee stuff and has life size cutouts of Darren and Chris with a Warbler tie and then it looks like there's a full stack of Chris's books in the background posters. There's a Glee three D poster the l foam fingers, I mean number one fan right there.
Speaker 1: She does. She has a lot of stuff that's really funny, but it's great. And Darren's like cut out but not as Blaine. It's just yes, didn't like Blaine but loved Darren. Everybody in the comments saying, oh my god, your own hurt locker. Oh no, so good, very good, very good.
Speaker 2: Someone said, why did I think Darren was Roy Kent? He Kent?
Speaker 1: God.
Speaker 2: I love the comments. I love reading people's comments. People are funny people. Thanks for posting that, Thanks for bagging it, tagging us in it, keep keep it up.
Speaker 1: Thanks for listening to season two with us, all of it.
Speaker 2: I can't believe it. You know. Coming up, we have a fun review of season two next week, and then we're going to have some tour in three D movie episodes before we get into season three. Oh my god, the amount of time we've spent referencing tours like, we just need to talk about it.
Speaker 1: There's a lot of I'm also looking at season three, the list of season three, and it is crazy.
Speaker 2: What season three is good?
Speaker 1: Right? Yeah? Season three is good. This is really good. This is exciting.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's exciting. What I'm worried about is after season three.
Speaker 1: I mean your pret typically choir here.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but we're all going to go through it together and that's going to be exciting. I'm really excited for season three.
Speaker 1: Because yeah, yeah, it's a lot of Damian McGinty joins us.
Speaker 2: Damien mcginny. Also, congratulations to Damien and his wife. They're having a baby.
Speaker 1: Oh, it's so exciting.
Speaker 2: It's so exciting.
Speaker 1: Just to give you a couple of names of season three episodes, let's start off with the Purple Piano Project. Asian f is in there, pot of Gold is in there. I kissed the Girls is in there, Michael is in there, Spanish teacher is in there. Saturday Night Leaver, Promisaurus props Nationals. Wow, that's a those are bangers. Wow. Wow, So we got luck coming. That's what you really missed.
Speaker 2: See you next season, just kidding, see you next week. Thank you for being here and listening. Love you mean it. Thanks for listening and follow us on Instagram at and that's what you really miss pod. Make sure to write us a review and leave us five stars. See you next time,