Speaker 1: Damn he Hogg, it's time for Donkey Day. I me ain't trying to be donkey today no more.
Speaker 2: They should be embarrassed by what they already did. I'm not making these people do these days.
Speaker 1: Called donkey of the day. And it really caught me off guard.
Speaker 2: Damn Charlamagne, who got the donkey out of the day today? Yeah, donkey today For Monday, September twenty fifth goes to the forty sixth President of the United States of America, Joe Biden. Now, Joe Biden gave a speech at the Congressional Black Caucaus Foundation's Annual Legislative Conference on Saturday. I repeat, President Joe Biden gave a speech at the Congressional Black caucas Foundation's Annual Legislative Conference on Saturday. The reason I repeated where he was at twice is because the audience is very important in this situation, you talking to black people. Okay, not to mention all this stuff is written for the President or his writers. Gonna share some of this he had too, Okay. Now, President Biden was honoring recipients of this year's awards that recognized individuals who have made significant contributions society One of the recipients was the great James Todd Smith LL cool J, dropping the clues bomps for LL cool J, and while giving his speech about ll this happened the two of the.
Speaker 3: Great artists of our time, representing the groundbreaking legacy of hip hop in America. Ll J cool J, by the way, that boy's got you got man's got biceps bigger than my thighs.
Speaker 1: I think he spent ll J cool J. We'll get back to that in a second.
Speaker 2: A lot of people are upset that Joe Biden referred to LL cool J as a boy. As you can hear, he corrected himself on the spot. You know why Joe Biden corrected himself because he's one hundred and thirty seven years old. He fully understands the word boy in the racial context around a white man referring to a black man. This boy, see, boy is absolutely a white racist word when used in a certain context. And I know that because I'm from South Carolina dropping the clues bomb for South Carolina, and because i was raised watching Good Times, Okay, and a young scholar by the name of Mike Eleven broke that down to us.
Speaker 1: Why boy is a white racist word.
Speaker 2: If I'm not mistaken, it was season one, episode nine.
Speaker 1: You remember this, right, boy is white racist worse. That's all you needed to hear.
Speaker 2: Okay, once you knew that, you understood that boy with a white racist word. When the word boy is referred uh, when we when somebody uses the word boy to refer to an adult black man and the speaker is white, that takes on a whole different meaning.
Speaker 1: And do you know in Alabama a.
Speaker 2: White supervisor passed up a brother for a promotion and called the brother a boy, and that black man sued, Yes, he worked at Tyson Chicken and Goats in Alabama, suit his employer for workplace discrimination.
Speaker 1: Look up the case.
Speaker 2: His name was a John Hitthen I think I pronounced his name right en Hi t h and one. He sued his employee for workplace discrimination and two separate juries awarded Hitten back pay and punitive damages. And the US Supreme Court agreed that the use of the word boy could be racist and needed to be examined in the context in which it was spoken, and it sent the case back to the Eleventh Circuit. Now here's the rub on the third trying of the fourteen year old case. The Eleventh US Circuit Court of Appeals disagreed, and throughout all prior rulings on the case, my point is contexted, meaning matters. Okay, boy is a white racist word. Joe Biden knows this, That's why he corrected himself. But I'm gonna tell you what I found egregious the fact that Joe Biden got LL's name wrong to begin with.
Speaker 1: Can we hear that again? Please?
Speaker 3: Two of the great artists of our time, representing the groundbreaking legacy of hip hop in America. Ll J cool J.
Speaker 1: Okay, Okay, stop stop ll J cool J.
Speaker 2: Why did the audience laugh? They should have been correcting him on the spot.
Speaker 1: Okay.
Speaker 2: I don't know if that was Joe Biden, or the teleprompter or the Delaware education system, but here's the thing, and not a shot at Delaware.
Speaker 1: It wasn't. I didn't even know why I said that. I don't know why I said that, But listen is the thing.
Speaker 2: Joe Biden should not need a teleprompter to know there's not two j's in ll cool J.
Speaker 1: Okay. Ll cool J is a man.
Speaker 2: Who has been rapping since President Joe Biden was my age. Literally, Joe Biden was forty four. I'm forty five, but Joe Biden was forty four when LL cool J dropped his debut album Radio. Okay, ll cool J has been white famous for at least thirty five years. There's not too many more recognizable celebrities on the planet. It's not like Joe Biden was speaking on somebody relatively new, someone he wasn't familiar with in any way, shape or form.
Speaker 1: It's LL cool J, not LJ cool J. How did he say it? Let me hit again, two of the.
Speaker 3: Great artists of our time, representing the groundbreaking legacy of hip hop in America.
Speaker 1: LLJ cool J, LLJ cool J, LJ cool J.
Speaker 2: Look, this is a prime example of it doesn't matter how many black people you are around, doesn't matter how many Black people you have in your administration, doesn't matter how many Black people you have.
Speaker 1: Right for you.
Speaker 2: If it's not authentic to him, then it won't come off as authentic to anyone. Okay, y'all, Keepe trying to just one hundred and ninety seven year old man sound cool simply because he's talking to black people, And there's nothing more uncool than someone trying too hard to be cool.
Speaker 1: What's that quote, don't try too hard to be cool?
Speaker 2: It always shows and that's uncool. Yes, that is President Joe Biden. Please give Delaware's finest President, Joe Biden to sweet Sounds of the Hamiltons.
Speaker 4: You oh the day, ye oh the day.
Speaker 1: Ye I don't like this? What what don't you like? Della Range got nothing to do with the fact that that man don't alone. You gotta represent yo. You gotta take him the good end the bad. That's what y'all got. A president that's big we do, Yes, that's big.
Speaker 2: L L J. Cool is hard, all right, b e T we see piece B Donkey Today is brought to you by the law office of Michael s Laminsaft. Don't be a donkey. Dot pound two fifty on your cell and say the bull. If you've been hurt in a construction accident, that's pound two five oz from your cell and say the bull.
Speaker 1: Wake that ass up in the morning. The Breakfast Club