Speaker 1: This radio show with this mainstreams media outlet Breakfast clubs. Yo, you then will come here when this DJ Envy and Charlamagne the God being here.
Speaker 2: Next to all of you guys.
Speaker 3: It's really it's one of my favorite shows to do, just because you'll always keeping one.
Speaker 4: Honey, gods, keep it real. But what better place than than here.
Speaker 3: I think everybody should have won the Breakfast club and start out.
Speaker 4: Y'all want to shake it up in Usa yo.
Speaker 5: Yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo.
Speaker 6: Yo yo Charlemagne the God, Peace to the planning. It is Monday, yes, in our special guest, so it's Laura l Rossa is here this morning.
Speaker 2: Good morning, everybody going on in Lauren.
Speaker 4: Damn, my candles ain't lit.
Speaker 2: They started tonight, one of them.
Speaker 4: But yeah, we need some new camp. I'm gonna be honest with you. No, just no, I'm not gonna say nothing. Memory.
Speaker 6: But we just got back from Vegas, shouted me. Like the radio music festival we had. I had a great time. I'm sure Charlamagne did as well. We got a chance to see so many different artists perform from different genres.
Speaker 4: From Lenny Kravitz to Kelly Clarkson to.
Speaker 6: Uh Tramwayne Wayne TLC ELC embodied Public Enemy Nelly Oh Public Republican. First of all, there was nothing more amazing than watching Public Enemy, Say Elvis was playing whether him and John Wayne Yes to a white audience that's probably ninety five percent white audience.
Speaker 4: The white audience, that was incredible.
Speaker 2: Have y'all adjusted from the flight?
Speaker 3: I haven't yet. I didn't think about it. Yeah, I didn't think about it. That was I was good. I was good.
Speaker 4: Little Dirk performed, brought out J Cole.
Speaker 3: Little Dirk brought out J Cole, and we finally realized that, you know, Lil Wayne.
Speaker 4: Way, it's top five Yellow Wayne, he gets busy, really top three? If you're being objected.
Speaker 2: Because how you age? How did you just realize that, you know what? In all your years of living.
Speaker 4: I'll be honest, because since I'm from New York.
Speaker 2: I forgot you did the fifty Wayne thing.
Speaker 4: No.
Speaker 6: No, but I'm such a big New York lover of music. So I was always into delusion, notorious b I G. I was always into the hole. I was always into my New York rappers. That's what I love so to do it because I've never really opened my my mind.
Speaker 4: Possible Wayne.
Speaker 6: Of course with Platinum two, you know, Little Wayne Records, but you know, it didn't have an impact like some of these New York rappers had on.
Speaker 2: Me even as a DJ.
Speaker 6: As a DJ, yeah, I played the records, but growing up in New York City, we didn't play a lot.
Speaker 4: Of the South.
Speaker 2: I'm glad you finally got If it wasn't If it wasn't.
Speaker 3: For Wayne Nicki, New York wouldn't have one of his biggest artists, which is Nicky Manach. Yeah, you wouldn't have one of the biggest arts in the world, which Drake. Yeah, of course you can't. There's no way to ignore a little winge's impact, of course. But yeah, now he killed it. He killed it this week, and I mean, and I'm Troy, I'm gona telling us I realized, Kelly Clarkson, since you've been gone, that's like Dreams and Nightmare the White People definitely is.
Speaker 4: I mean, I love the record, absolutely, but it's really like dreams.
Speaker 2: And the realizations that y'all are making are just very late.
Speaker 4: Record.
Speaker 3: It's white people's dreams and nightmares. You know how dreams that starts off low, slow, and then it gets hyped. God man, classic, classic, And I'm just telling you, in the new Year, I'm changing my whole Look, I'm Lenny Kravits from now on.
Speaker 4: He's just the coolest mother on the face of this planet.
Speaker 3: That's how man says another man is fine without trying to say he's fine. He really just wanted to say, damn, Lenny Kravits, fine, I'm gonna go get my I want to say pants. You want to be for the rest of my life.
Speaker 6: You gotta said, I'm have my chest down. He got some shoes with just a little heel on it. That's a New Year.
Speaker 2: Watch not envy, you know me, Watch New Year, New kitten it just a little he was.
Speaker 6: A little kid, oh Nils, Okay, all right, all right, Well let's get the show cracking. We got front page news setling figure will be joining us, and of course in the room report I seen Drake of kind of with you this morning, Charlamagne, oh brother dog like nine times.
Speaker 4: Just looking at this old God.
Speaker 6: We'll talk about that too when we come back to Don't Move. It's the breakfast club.
Speaker 4: Go morning, Good morning everybody.
Speaker 6: It's DJ NV Charlemagne the goud We are the Breakfast Club.
Speaker 4: We have Laura LaRosa our special guest host.
Speaker 6: Let's get in some front page news.
Speaker 4: All right, Let's start off with sports now.
Speaker 6: Yesterday, the Lions beat the Falcons, the Packers beat the Saints, Charges beat the Vikings, Texas beat the Jaguars. Dolphins beat the Broncos seventy to twenty. Seventy points to Dolphins called Jesus dropping.
Speaker 4: The clues bards with the Dolphins.
Speaker 6: They look bread seventy points. I had to check it like three times. I didn't think that was like, it can't be sad.
Speaker 3: I didn't think that was really But I'm gonna tell you something, man, you lose seventy to twenty, you might need to just.
Speaker 4: Just throw a towel in on the whole season.
Speaker 3: I know it's thirteen games left in the regular season, but damn thirteen points something.
Speaker 4: But damn.
Speaker 6: The Bills beat the command that thirty seven to three. The Patriots beat the Jets, Coach beat the Ravens, Browns beat the Titans, Seahawks beat the Panthers, the Chiefs beat the Bears. The Cardinals beat the Cowboys, Jesus Stealers beat the rail going to the Super Bowl.
Speaker 4: No, yeah, not know, we not. It's only three games into the season.
Speaker 2: You're a Cowboys fan, You're damn right.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 2: I don't know much about football, but I saw I wanted to check on you yesterday too. I saw everybody on my.
Speaker 3: Time hun check on us when we won forty the zip against the Giant.
Speaker 4: We want you to day.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I was like, I think he's a Cowboys fan, and I noticed this can't be sitting well with in his spirit. He's not on Twitter, but I know you felt.
Speaker 3: It any given on the plane too. It was amazing any given Sunday can happen to anybody.
Speaker 6: Now Tonight the Eagles take on the Buccaneers and the Rams take on the Bengals.
Speaker 3: And also to you know, Saluthor Russell Wilson, he plays for the Denver Broncos. Right, he was on the receiving end of that seventy point loss. And I know people always talked about Sierra's prayer for Russell Wilson. People need to start praying for Russell period. All right, Okay, pray for that whole situation in Tinville because it hasn't looked good and since he's been there.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it's pretty disgusting. What's going on. You're gonna just pass over Colorado? You look about Colorado? What you mean the school they lost? Yes, we didn't.
Speaker 6: Yeh, Now we didn't do that. When I don't report it when they lose, when they win, Yeah, it doesn't exist. All right, let's jump right into it. The government shut down.
Speaker 7: Yeah, we've heard this story many many times over.
Speaker 4: It's so old.
Speaker 7: But less than a week before a potential government shutdown, once again, there's no clear resolution in sight. Lawmakers are split on whether the country should brace for the wide ranging impacts on a shutdown. Now in the House, that is where most of the fighting is happening. It's some internal fighting with the Republicans, and House Speaker Kevin McCarthy has struggled to unite them to bring a deal to come together.
Speaker 2: Let's listen to what he had to say.
Speaker 8: Look, I don't think anybody wins a shutdown. Think for one moment, what a shutdown does. Stops paying our troops. How do you have more leverage in that situation? I've watched shutdown after shutdown. Everybody loves a and The only way you're able to achieve that is so you pass the appropriation bills that we've passed out of the committee. That's why we've been working so hard.
Speaker 6: So question if the government does shut down, what exactly happens? And doesn't this happen every year? I feel like every year this happens. They don't do like a long contract.
Speaker 7: Yeah, it happens all of the time, and it's really old every time. You know, they use it as leverage to get, you know, certain things that they want. Not really given the damn you know, who would affect. Hopefully they'll come to some type of agreement. But in this case, to answer your question, a lot of people would not be paid and a lot of services will stop. And I'll just break this down quickly. Those who are determined essential employees, and those are people who protect public safety, national security, they still would go on, you know, with being able to work, but they would not be paid, you know, during that time. The non essential employees, which is everybody else, they would be put onto a furlough and would not get paid as well. Now, the whole thing about that is even though the employees who are required to work would not be paid, they still will not be paid until after the shutdown is over. So bottom line, simply put, a lot of services will stop. All employees will stop being paid. Some would be paid back once they return to work and others would not. So a lot of stuff that would happen if they go into a shutdown. So we'll see, and it's just a handful of far right Republicans who are holding this up.
Speaker 3: When will elected officials remember that they are public servants and they're here to serve the needs of the public. There's no way you care about the American people if you are willing to let the government shut down simply for your own personal interest. The fact that they use this is leverage to get what they want, but aren't thinking about the needs of the American people at all. Once again, when will elected officials remember that they are public servants here to serve the needs.
Speaker 4: Of the public. It's not about them, all right?
Speaker 6: Well that is front page news. Now get it off your chest. Eight hundrenk five eight five one oh five to one. If you need to bench, something's on your mind. You had a great weekend or horrible weekend, whatever it may be. Maybe a team one this weekend maybe a team lost, Maybe you had a great weekend with your wife or your husband, whatever it may be. Eight u'n drink five eight five five one, call us up right now. It's the Breakfast Club. Good morning, the Breakfast Club.
Speaker 9: Your time to get it off your chest, whether you're mad.
Speaker 4: Or black, time to get up and get something. Call him now. Eight hundred and five eighty five one five one. We want to hear from you on the Breakfast Club. Hello.
Speaker 10: Who's this bow? This is very d from that Palm Beach.
Speaker 4: Yo, why are you yelling this Monday? Relaxed?
Speaker 11: Bro?
Speaker 4: Oh my bad? Hey Rod you good man? Get it off your chest?
Speaker 10: Brother, Yo. I just know what you guys know that my life and I just finally became entrepreneurs.
Speaker 4: Okay, what are you guys doing.
Speaker 10: Yeah, we started a business. It's called Many Me West tom Beach and we make many means of you three d stands, one cigareetes.
Speaker 4: Okay, so that's dope.
Speaker 12: They look just like you.
Speaker 4: Okay, well just like who is you? I mean the people who you do it?
Speaker 2: I'm I'm what do people order them for?
Speaker 4: Oh?
Speaker 10: Oh, basically we do athletes, we do be you know, mommy, who's uh in maternity mode, we do fire man policeman charlam mane you gotta take it down. Took us out of Instagram, that man and me w P tell me what today?
Speaker 12: Okay, I will do w P D said yeah, many me w P B.
Speaker 4: Okay, all right, brother? Hello, who's this?
Speaker 13: Yo?
Speaker 12: This Chris?
Speaker 4: What up? Chris? What's going on? Hey?
Speaker 3: Man?
Speaker 14: I want to first get off my test.
Speaker 12: I called Charlomagne.
Speaker 4: Now I'm right here, my brother.
Speaker 14: Yeah, I called like a.
Speaker 10: Couple of weeks ago.
Speaker 12: Tell you the stylish Kelsey Astley Underscore.
Speaker 14: You had set a name wrong.
Speaker 10: You said Chelsea Kelsey.
Speaker 12: I just want to get that out of there.
Speaker 2: I know Kelsey stylist Kelsey right.
Speaker 14: Yeah, that yes, stylis Kelsey. I was telling uh Charlomagne about her lifetime.
Speaker 12: Man, we're proud of her, me and my girl.
Speaker 14: You know, she's a kind of us of everything that's doing.
Speaker 2: Yeah, she put the jewelry on gounna but beyond measure exactly.
Speaker 14: Yeah, but uh, Parlomae said the name wrong. Last time I wanted the club.
Speaker 4: Kelse.
Speaker 14: Okay, yeah, Kelsey Astley Underscore on Instagram. Met both be your follow up?
Speaker 4: Okay, brother, what else she got.
Speaker 14: What I wanted to get off my test was, I'm a new father, I got a two year old daughter. Right now, me and my girl, my girl going to school, aren't working, but we have our tits because like it's good right now with my mom watching her stuff. But I think, when should I start or when should we start sending her life to daykill or preschool and stuff like that so she can be around other kids and know how to interact. But right now she's learning her colors and everything.
Speaker 10: She's good.
Speaker 14: But I just don't want to hold her back soon, you know what I'm saying, like getting around other getting that school fat.
Speaker 4: It's funny.
Speaker 6: I just had that conversation over the weekend. You know, for different parents, they believe in different things. See, I believe in and putting my kids in school early. So my I think I put her in like seventeen months, sixteen months, just so she could be around kids her age instead of just being at home the whole day.
Speaker 4: So she's out. She's uh.
Speaker 6: She can you know, speak sentences, she can read off a cute cards. She can do a lot of things that a lot of kids can't necessarily do. Because I started her early, So I started mine early. Some people won't start their kids to three years old, but I start I started mine early.
Speaker 12: Okay, okay, yeah, that's what I look like right now.
Speaker 14: So we probably would wait the life three Well I really a parent?
Speaker 4: What that was it?
Speaker 14: Not like the parent anxiety?
Speaker 10: Don't you feel like nervous?
Speaker 14: I don't want to see a lot of other people?
Speaker 4: Yeah? Absolutely, but you know it's it's for me, you know.
Speaker 6: Uh most of these day kids have cameras in them now where you can see, you know, twenty four to seven, what your kids are doing. But I just I just like the fact that the kids are going to be playing with kids their size and their age and learning things that you know that I probably wouldn't teach them or or you know, or you know, not having them on TV or that iPad all day long.
Speaker 4: So for me, that that that was my decision.
Speaker 2: That's your youngest, my youngest, yit. But was it like that with your oldest or did you take my time?
Speaker 6: My oldest took a little extra because I was I had, you know, my parent. Yeah, but now you know, I got sick. So it's like get them in there early. They start learning and that's what it was. But good luck though, Chris, Yeah, yeah, that's what I appreciate it. Get it off your chest eight hundred five eight five one oh five one.
Speaker 4: If you need to vent, hit us up now. It's the Breakfast Club. Good morning, the Breakfast Club.
Speaker 9: First, this is your time to get it off your chest. Eight hundred five eight five one five one. We want to hear from you on the Breakfast Club.
Speaker 4: Hello.
Speaker 14: This hey v Hi Charlomagne, Hi Lauren, Hi, good morning.
Speaker 15: This is Obioma Charlomagne.
Speaker 10: I want to thank you for the donation.
Speaker 4: Oh see, that's what happens when you send a lake I can use.
Speaker 12: Well, I'm not going to go back.
Speaker 10: Thank you. Thank you for the donation.
Speaker 16: I sent you your letter for IOLs for your taxes.
Speaker 4: I got it you.
Speaker 16: Okay, Envy, Please, I'm not dressed like money crabbage.
Speaker 4: Please, I'm not about to. I'm about to start. Please.
Speaker 6: I'm gonna buy me like ten per other pants.
Speaker 4: It's not gonna look the same one.
Speaker 2: No, it's not like you're.
Speaker 12: Saying it's going took at your wife.
Speaker 10: He loves you the way you are.
Speaker 4: Don't leave it alone.
Speaker 15: But I just want to also any woman who has a small business in the.
Speaker 17: New York area.
Speaker 15: Please follow watch her.
Speaker 16: Win and send me a method to be available in October. I got a partnership with Capital.
Speaker 10: One and we're gonna be doing some lunch and learns for.
Speaker 16: Small business woman women in the small business.
Speaker 4: Okay, thank you, I love you. Guys.
Speaker 16: Have a great day.
Speaker 15: And the classic was okay, maybe a little more work, but it was okay.
Speaker 17: Yeah.
Speaker 6: I think I just think, well, next year will better because I think we got better schools.
Speaker 3: How you just gonna duplicate on more House like that of the time I thought about it too, thought about she was gonna be say something.
Speaker 4: No, don't do that. Don't trying to be dispectful. But see, the prime is more House in Alberdy State.
Speaker 6: There's not a lot of alumni that went to Albody State in the area. Problem is is you don't have that many people wanting to go. So if it would have been like a Howard or a Hampton or Morgan school.
Speaker 3: When it was more House Howard right, Yeah, in fact.
Speaker 15: It was post the message The message is that we have to support.
Speaker 4: Yes, we have to support HBC is actually it can't.
Speaker 10: Be just the top school that everybody knows about.
Speaker 15: That is the problem, you know, like with this affirminius action rollback, and you know it's going to be harder for some.
Speaker 14: Of our kids.
Speaker 16: We just have to.
Speaker 6: Support HBCUs in general.
Speaker 12: It's not about which.
Speaker 17: School, explain, It's about the HU.
Speaker 4: Spirit in general.
Speaker 15: Okay, No, you're absolutely right, all right, Love you guys have a great day.
Speaker 3: Also too, now that I think about it, Even if it was thirty five thousand people at more House, Howard, if you're having it in a venue that holds eighty two thousand and five hundred, right, and you've been to that venue when it was pasta, it don't look bad, right, you know what I'm saying. So it's that met Life which is eighty two thousand, five hundred people. I've been in the med Life Stadium for Cowboys games, Jets games, I've been there for ed sharing.
Speaker 2: They're being ambitious though, and they're overplaying growing. Yeah, rather than that, than it being a small venue and everybodys sitting outside complaining they couldn't get in, And.
Speaker 4: I mean it's we don't go a little smaller.
Speaker 2: You gotta keep manifestas.
Speaker 6: Not too many venues around here, you know what I mean, and that can whole those type of football games.
Speaker 4: But it is going to continue to grow.
Speaker 6: And it's like the lady said, we continue to support more and more HBCUs it will get packed the.
Speaker 3: More moments I do it down South. If you do it down south, the whole lot of the schools.
Speaker 4: Are they have all the classics down south.
Speaker 6: The whole idea was to show people on the East Coast what the HBCU games look like because in the South they have the classics.
Speaker 4: Either it's Orlando or Jacksonville, or.
Speaker 2: They could always use down States campus. Don't do that to us. Do not do that to us. Don't do that. Don't do that.
Speaker 4: Two people out there, get it off your chests.
Speaker 6: Eighty five one five one. If you need to vent, you can hit itself. Now, we got rumors on the way, Lauren, give us a little tease.
Speaker 2: Yes, we are going to be talking about Usher. He is headlining the super Bowl.
Speaker 4: Come on now. I feel like, yeah, I think.
Speaker 2: The people knew, we knew the way that his Vegas show is set up. They didn't have a choice.
Speaker 4: Absolutely, And we'll talk about that next. You don't move. It's the Breakfast Club, Go Morning. The Breakfast Morning.
Speaker 6: Everybody, It's d J n V Charlamagne the Guy. We are the Breakfast Club. We have Laura la Rossa our special guest hosts. And let's get to the rumors.
Speaker 4: From reports.
Speaker 2: I think a lot of people will recognize the boys to.
Speaker 4: The name on the Breakfast Club. Lauren came in hot.
Speaker 2: So Usher is going to be headlining the super Bowl. I think the world called this after that residency that he did in Vegas and this is the first time that this will be taking place in Vegas. Host and historic moment. He talked about this, He said, this is an honorver lifetime to finally check a Super Bowl performance off my bucket list. I can't wait to bring the world to show on like anything else they've seen before. Now he has an album that's also coming out, so his ninth studio album, Coming Home, will also ride around the super Bowl, which most artists do because it's a huge shage, huge platform.
Speaker 4: A little smart.
Speaker 2: His catalog is just he has so much he could choose from, so maybe we could bring out so much he could do. Where do y'all think Usher is gonna go for the Super Bowl? What are we going to get?
Speaker 4: I mean it's thirteen minutes.
Speaker 3: You're gonna get You're gonna get a brief Uh, You're gonna get a brief summary of Usher's career in thirteen minutes.
Speaker 6: That's what you're gonna get. You're gonna get a little bit of everything from every heavy Atlanta. You're probably gonna see the roller skating. You're gonna put everything that Usher does. You're gonna see all together. You're definitely gonna see Yeah. Yeah, You're definitely gonna see lovers.
Speaker 4: And that's that.
Speaker 2: I met songs. What songs.
Speaker 3: It's gonna be a lot. I mean, it's gonna be a lot. Drop on the clues bombs for rock Nation. Okay, because rock Nation has done it again. Y'all hate Rock nations affiliation with the NFL, but y'all love the halftime shows they put together, don't you. Oh, I'm excited because none of this happens without Rocknation. You know you do know that, right? The Doctor dre and Snoops, the Rihanna's, the Ushers, none of this happens without rock Nation.
Speaker 13: Now.
Speaker 2: The rollout to announce the fact that Usher was doing the super Bowl or is doing the super Bowl was also fire as well.
Speaker 16: We have.
Speaker 2: There's a bunch of different videos he did, and they sunk it to the Usher Confessions video, but they let with Kim Kardashian. We have audio of that commercial.
Speaker 4: Hello, y'all, I'm in the boot. I'm gonna call you right back. Can you talk? Nah, I just gotta put this one part down. I'm gonna call you back.
Speaker 3: It's Kim.
Speaker 4: I'm at the studio. Man.
Speaker 3: I finally got the answer to those rumors.
Speaker 2: It's not about me, it's about you.
Speaker 16: You're doing the super Bowl.
Speaker 4: Go playing with me.
Speaker 10: You're playing the Apple Music halftime show in Vegas.
Speaker 6: No, for real, don't play like that.
Speaker 2: I don't have time to play one.
Speaker 4: I'm BUSI two. You're doing the super Bowl? Are you serious?
Speaker 18: Sure?
Speaker 2: Listen to me?
Speaker 3: You know, I know everything that seemed like Vegas twice, but this one's got.
Speaker 2: To be different.
Speaker 6: I didn't put that on everything, put that on everything.
Speaker 4: Damn.
Speaker 17: It'll be like me, my entire family, my kid.
Speaker 2: I send my ticket request to.
Speaker 4: I'm gonna call you back.
Speaker 2: We'll be in touch.
Speaker 4: I'm gonna call you back. By the way, I took.
Speaker 3: The one I like the most was the one with older Usher talking to younger Usher, Kim and Dion.
Speaker 4: We didn't.
Speaker 2: I think it depends on where you in, like life and like trending and what's going on. Because this one I thought was fire, especially because they led with it, because there were so many rumors that Usher there was like a whole possible thing with Kim because she kept going to It's because she kept going to the show. She was there, like.
Speaker 3: Multiple, phenomenal show. She went multiple she went. She said in the commercial herself, she's been twice.
Speaker 2: It felt like five.
Speaker 4: I didn't hear those rumors. I didn't hear that.
Speaker 2: It was a thing, but in the relationship. So but no, I've been to the show. I understood, what did you do? You know that girl? The strip of the sides? Oh you haven't seen it? Oh wow, yes, well yeah, it's an amazing show. But I thought all those leaders, So there's this stripper that Usher has after they do like the opening skating scene, she's in white. She like slides down and she like claps with everything but her hands, and it's just an amazing show.
Speaker 4: That's all you remember at the super Bowl.
Speaker 3: Absolutely and listen, we said Usher in Vegas for twenty twenty four twenty twenty five, Little Wayne Drake and Friends in New Orleans.
Speaker 4: Of course I'm on now little.
Speaker 2: Speaking speaking of d Drake, you talked to you Frien today.
Speaker 4: What do you mean, Drake, No, Drake, what happened?
Speaker 2: Well, okay, so this morning Drake was a little bit upset about some things that you had to say. I want to do we have the audio.
Speaker 4: Well that's it.
Speaker 2: I'm gonna let the people know what you said first and then we'll get into it.
Speaker 3: Drake put out a song last Friday and nobody cared what was the song to Drake and Sissa.
Speaker 4: Record, No people, that's just dropping people do like it came out last Friday.
Speaker 3: And it came out last Friday, and people just started talking about the lyrics yesterday because I saw people I'm in the group chat and I'm like, I'm like, damn, Drake put out this record Friday and people just getting too the lyrics on a Monday. I mean, that's not Drake, Like, He's gonna be fine regardless. I just think that, you know, it's also when you think about you look at the album cover and you hit a title for all my Dogs. I think we was looking for something a little bit more harder, a little bit more aggressive.
Speaker 2: Okay, So after these comments, and I will say I do agree with the fact that the song came and went, and the biggest point of it was the holly Bear situation.
Speaker 4: Joy debut at number one day saying though it's.
Speaker 2: Drake, of course he could literally put out a song with no words, no, not even him on it, and it would do that. But so after this, Drake went to his instant story. He posted a few things. So he posted some photos of you, and then he actually removed it, but I screenshoted it. He posted a message she said, are you okay, Leonard? You're kind of weird had Leonard, Sorry, you're kind you're kind of weirding me out. G Like you're really obsessed with me or something for years, Like you look like you look in the mirror and wish you saw my reflection. Whatever you gotta do to let it out, I'm sure all four hundred and thirty five of your loyal fans will stand by you. You f and.
Speaker 3: Goof And then he called me off brand mars Chessna.
Speaker 2: He did, I agree with it, and he put the picture of you with the sweater where you're like really trying to channel it in like you were trying hard.
Speaker 4: I agree with that, definitely.
Speaker 2: You definitely had a more chessna mover. I like, I.
Speaker 3: Want to tell y'all something that you're not gonna believe me because I'm lying. But Drake and I playing this out. Every time he drops an album, I'm part of the album. Roll up, he drops the record, I critique it. It brings more attention to the record, more attention to the project. I keep telling Drake he doesn't need me to do that. He's Drake, but for whatever reason, he wants me to do it, so I oblige.
Speaker 2: Okay, I don't believe you.
Speaker 3: I'm just telling you. It wasn't always like that though. Back in the day, I can honestly say I was hating on Drake for fun. It was hilarious at least to me. Like, you know, he posted one this morning while that I forgot. I even said, well, I said it was a three sexual orientations.
Speaker 4: Straight and Drake hilarious. All right, But that's just hate, okay.
Speaker 3: But after back to back and he sent the bottles with the note let's be friends, we came to an understanding and we agreed whenever he dropped certain songs, I will hate on them in order to bring more to the record. I don't think he needs it. I think it's crazy that he wants me to still do that.
Speaker 4: But you know, so you.
Speaker 2: Actually like slim me out, slim you out? Whatever?
Speaker 6: No, so then I think Charlamanne has a problem with light skin brothers, me and Drake.
Speaker 4: He just don't like. No, it's not that I just told you what it was, but I'm lying. So it don't matter.
Speaker 6: Sick, but you know, but can we just agree that you don't look like mars Chess. Not nothing around you look like says he gets mistaken. Marks Chestnut says that he's gotten mistaken for me. It's not my fault. Why should be mad at God, God's engineer. I don't understand this, know that.
Speaker 2: This photo right here, there's a photo that Drake posted with the sweater.
Speaker 4: Come on, now, come, Lauren saying.
Speaker 2: It's not that you're looking.
Speaker 14: Right.
Speaker 2: I think the editor did a really good job making you feel like it was there, like this is a I or.
Speaker 6: Something to whatever y'all want to say. Go, we'll go back, go back.
Speaker 4: Some of them are there anymore?
Speaker 3: Now?
Speaker 4: Some of them? For all the dogs for all the dogs dropping? When is it.
Speaker 9: Over?
Speaker 3: Yo?
Speaker 4: You know? For all the dropping?
Speaker 2: October sixth, Yes.
Speaker 4: October we played Drake song. Please. I think it's only right. Come on, you can't. I know you got it is a zillion of a min there. Play the record with Drake and Siss.
Speaker 2: No Drake song. You up here acting like More's chestnut.
Speaker 4: I just told you, you know why they gonna believe. That's why I don't be saying nothing, just be keeping stuffing myself.
Speaker 2: What does it do for his music though?
Speaker 4: That's what I be trying to say. I'm like, you don't need it. You Drake wants to bring more attention to the situation.
Speaker 2: Song is actually good, though, I just think that the holly berry stuff took over.
Speaker 6: Yes, oh vo Eli, All right, let's get into the Drake joint feature and SYSM.
Speaker 4: We got Front Page News. Next, it's Drake featuring Sister. That's right, Slott. Yeah.
Speaker 19: Breakfast the Breakfast Club. Your mornings will never be the same.
Speaker 4: Good morning, everybody.
Speaker 6: It's DJ NV Charlamage the God. We are the Breakfast Club. We got our special guest co host Laura la Rossa with us, and let's get in some front page news.
Speaker 4: Now we get onto the sports quickly.
Speaker 6: The Lines beat the Falcons, Packers beat the Saints, Charges beat the Vikings, Texans beat the Jaguars.
Speaker 4: The Office beat the Broncos seventy to twenty. Jesus Christ.
Speaker 6: I looked at that game like four times to just see if it was really seventy.
Speaker 4: Somebody pray for Russell Wilson. I think Russell Wilson ready to retire. Man. There's no way that you can be in a.
Speaker 3: Situation like that, especially coming from a great system like Seattle. And I'll I don't know what he was expected to do in Denver, but he hadn't done it thus far.
Speaker 4: That's the highest point I can remember ever seeing.
Speaker 3: I think the highest score ever was seventy three points. I think they actually could have tied that, but they chose not to. Really, yeah, think it was seventy seventy two or seventy three seventy two, or they could have broke it with a field goal. Yeah, yeah, and they chose not to.
Speaker 4: Yep. Wow.
Speaker 6: Well, the Bills beat the Commanders, Browns beat the Titans. Coach beat the Ravens, Patriots beat the Jets, The Chiefs beat the bed Seahawks beat the Panthers, Cardinals beat the Cowboys, Steelers beat the Greatest.
Speaker 3: How you feel like you that you lost to the Cardinal? It's football any given Sunday. It happened. You know, we beat the Cardinal. But then you guys bet that what we beat you off forty Oh that's that's my point. It's football any given sunday.
Speaker 2: Anybody said it wasn't even an ego, it was a Cardinal.
Speaker 4: That means nothing. Listen, we're three games into the season. You know what I mean? Yes, one hundred percent. The Dallas Cowboys are going to the Super Bowl. He think you're gonna do? Okay?
Speaker 3: You know it's only been one undefeated team in the history of the NFL, right I.
Speaker 4: Do you do know that?
Speaker 12: Right?
Speaker 4: Okay?
Speaker 3: And then they lost, No, they won the Super Bowl. That was the Miami Dolphins. But the Patriots undefeated, they lost the Giants. Yes, once again, there's only one undefeated team in the history of the NFL, and it was the Miami Dolphins. The New Engle Patris undefeated all through out directingas all through out the playoff.
Speaker 4: My point is, you lose games, it happens.
Speaker 6: You're not going to test.
Speaker 7: Hey, what's going on the records club? I'm letting y'all get your little football beef out the way. The Writers Guild looks like they've reached a tentative deal to end the strike.
Speaker 4: This happened yesterday evening. Union leaders in.
Speaker 7: Hollywood's studios reach attenadive agreement Sunday to end the historic screenwriters strike after nearly five months, though no deal is in the works for the striking actors, and the Writers Guild of America announced the deal in a joint statement with the Alliance of Motion Picture and Television Producers, the group that represents the studios, the streaming services, and production companies and negotiations. Now, the deal still must be approved by the GILLS board and members before the strike officially ends, and they have not announced the terms of the deal. What are your thoughts on.
Speaker 2: That something's going to change? What's about the change? What's gonna happen now? Because you can't have a strike like this, A deal be made and then everything just go back regular.
Speaker 4: What do I think is going to happen?
Speaker 3: I think that studios and production company is going to be very tight with the projects they bring on. I don't think that they're going to be bringing on any projects that they don't plan to make. You know how there was a time where they would just sign things and things would be in development that I think those days are over. I think the days of pilots and all that stuff might be might be over.
Speaker 4: That's right.
Speaker 3: I think they're not going to sign anything that they don't plan to actually put out.
Speaker 4: So it's going to be very very hard to sell shows, is what I'm saying.
Speaker 2: Well, we get around.
Speaker 7: Well, disagreement comes just five days before the strike would have become the longest in the Gills history and the longest Hollywood strike more than seventy years. So hopefully they'll come to a deal and we'll see. You know about the actors because what about them?
Speaker 4: Yeah, you still got to actor strake going on, you know.
Speaker 7: What, somebody got to act in the movie. So jesus, what's that that goes?
Speaker 4: Now let's talk about pandemic game.
Speaker 2: Yeah, this is crazy.
Speaker 7: Pandemic aid officials they overpaid the renters that they gave the money in order to get through the pandemic, and they said, we messed up and we want you to pay us back. So stayed in local agencies that distributed federal aid to renters who were facing eviction during the pandemic are now scrambling to call clawback millions of dollars in overpayments from renters in Minnesota, Delaware, Texas, North Carolina, and Alaska. They're trying to recover forty six billion dollars in emergency rental assistance that Congress gave them, and it was all a clerical era.
Speaker 6: Yeah, so I don't think those people have that money, and I don't think they should have to give it back.
Speaker 4: You give you give us all this.
Speaker 6: Money during the pandemic, during COVID where I can't work, I'm having problems, and I'm probably using that money to buy food or pay for things that I need to And now you're saying I need you back now.
Speaker 7: Right, And it was in twenty twenty and twenty twenty one. We are going into twenty twenty four and they're saying, hey, the government saying, let me get that back. So just one quick example on so you can get an idea of the type of money they're asking back. One renter they've asked for ten thousand dollars. They asked her to return it in thirty days, she said she doesn't have it. And this isn't going too well. Delaware is only recovered two hundred and four thousand of the one point six million dollars that they're trying to recover.
Speaker 2: Delaware, first of all, we're not going to do the Delaware slant of today. Okay, we are not.
Speaker 7: In Minnesota, they have only recovered five hundred thousand of the one point three million, so good luck with that. The government said we need you to run that back everybody.
Speaker 4: It's not the rent's fault that they got over.
Speaker 17: Now.
Speaker 2: They got to eat that lost.
Speaker 4: That's right, that's a government oversight. They got to eat that.
Speaker 2: That's a heck of a clerical error. Though, like how do you do the what button?
Speaker 3: Wrong?
Speaker 2: Do you push?
Speaker 3: A lot of us are praying people, right, you know what I'm saying, Just humans in general are praying people. If you was praying for some type of relief, and you was praying for some type of blessing to come in and you got it in this form, right, that's what you're looking at it as you know what to God, and thank God you didn't gave some of that money to ties and off ferends. You know, did everything you need to do, and now all of a sudden they're gonna ask people who never had it in the first place to get back.
Speaker 4: Get the f bout of here, man, it's.
Speaker 7: Not ready to take it up in Ukraine budget as far as I'm concerning.
Speaker 3: Y'all definitely overpaying Ukraine as far as I can see, absolutely, you know what I mean.
Speaker 4: Whatever, Well, that is front page News.
Speaker 3: Thank you, test absolutely, and make sure you subscribe to Testlin Figuos podcast is great shot.
Speaker 4: No chase of podcasts on the Black Effect.
Speaker 3: iHeart Radio podcast network and follow at Teslin Figureo on all social media platforms.
Speaker 4: All right, thank you, Tess.
Speaker 6: When we come back eight hundred and five A five one oh five one Now. Laura la Ross is our guest co host. She was telling us about Ari Fletcher doing an interview with Karsha.
Speaker 4: Yes, and she was saying what was she saying?
Speaker 2: Her Lord? So it was a live interview, and Karisha asked her, how is it co parenting? Would you her boat? She's hard to pass up on. She looks great, body looks good, dous He's still try and get at you, and she said, he says things, which, of course the crowd and crazy, meaning that he does still, like I'm assuming, like flirt or say little things that imply that he would try. But she made it clear that they're never ever in a setting where he could even really actually try it. But he has said certain.
Speaker 20: Things, you know what, all it's hard to pass on you. How's it coherency with her? We still be trying to you because I'm quite sure I'm quite sure he tried your son out.
Speaker 2: He'd be like, damn, look what it is.
Speaker 20: It's like high it's the coherencing for real. And do he still be trying to you?
Speaker 6: Uh?
Speaker 18: He says things, but we're never in a setting where he can be like, yeah, let me you know what I'm saying, Like we ain't never say.
Speaker 2: I think it's a joke.
Speaker 18: Like I don't even take him serious, like sometimes you know, if you overdo, it's like, okay, stop you doing too much, Like you know, I gotta like that's you know, but I don't take him serious like that.
Speaker 2: So it's just be like, what what does that mean? I mean obviously it's things that like if she would be with it, they would try it again.
Speaker 3: Like I need nowadays When people say stuff like that, they got to be specific because if you leave it to people's imaginations, they're gonna jump out the window. What you mean, They're gonna jump out the window with every possible crazy scenario when you ever just might be like, oh you look nice today, seriously, but.
Speaker 4: You know what I mean.
Speaker 2: One that you're gonna do is find a way to take up for a king.
Speaker 4: I'm just saying, we don't know what this man is saying, but we just wait.
Speaker 2: You don't know, and it is no shade or g herbo, But I feel like the proof is in the pudding here. Like literally, Kritia said, your body looks good. She's talking about things that it's like feels. If you comment on that, that's a step too far.
Speaker 4: Any of that.
Speaker 6: Well, well, this is the reason why a lot of people don't want to date people with kids, because they feel like it always leaves the door open to Flurien.
Speaker 4: That's not necessar to holler, but a lot of people feel that way. But that's not true.
Speaker 6: Let's open up the phone lines. Let's discuss eight undrink five eight five one O five to one. Would you not talk to somebody with the child because you feel like it always needs a door open for their XX. Let's discuss eight n'n Drink five eight five one o five one about what about you, Laurend.
Speaker 2: I've been there, done that, and the door be like cracked sometimes crack it does. Yeah, I don't have kids, but I was in a relationship with somebody that didn't have kids. But I will say that it gets to a point where that person, whether it's the guy or the girl, who is that middle person, they have to draw the line like it's because you can't watch what someone's doing when you're not there, and you have to trust them to be able to raise their parent and have a relationship with other parents. So I do think that the door is always somebody somewhat cracked on someone's side. Your person just has to know not to step through the door.
Speaker 6: All right, let's just talk about it when we come back. Eight u'n Drink five eight five one O five one. It's the Breakfast Club in the morning, the Breakfast Club.
Speaker 21: It's topic time called eight hundred five five one to join into the discussion with the Breakfast Club.
Speaker 4: Morning.
Speaker 6: Everybody's DJ Envy Charlamagne the God. We are the Breakfast Club. We got our special guest, co host Laura Laarossa with us. Now if you're just joining us. Lauren was telling us about Ari doing an interview with Karrisha.
Speaker 2: Yes, so Ari got your sat down with Karsha for a live Karsha Please at the Remote World over the weekend and they talked about her co parenting with g Herbo, during which time she insinuated that he still kind of flirts a little bit.
Speaker 6: So we were asking eight hundred and five five five one. You know, they have kids with each other. We were saying, ladies or fellas, would you date somebody with kids? You know, because some people say that if you date somebody with a kid, the door for their past relationship is always open.
Speaker 2: That's nice, man, It is always It's always open on someone's side. Just one person has to decide that they don't want whatever.
Speaker 4: It happened, highly disagree with it.
Speaker 6: Well, Lauren, she's dated somebody with a child before, and you said that door was open.
Speaker 4: Right, Oh yeah, what you mean that door was open if.
Speaker 2: At any point he wanted to go back and deal with the mother of that child, he could have. He actually did a little bit.
Speaker 4: Really, Yeah, how fresh was it.
Speaker 2: It was it was very fresh, fresh situation.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 3: I think that there's plenty of situations where people have kids and the kids are older and they have no desire to go back to the baby father or the baby mother. That was just a moment in time where they had children. Like I know, plenty of situations with the door is completely close, you know, and then that those two people they just co parent and in a lot of cases they've moved on to other relationships, they've gotten married again.
Speaker 4: And things of that nature.
Speaker 3: I don't think that's always the case that you always got a chance because you have a child with her.
Speaker 4: I can see.
Speaker 6: I can see both sides because I know a lot of fellas that feel like if they with a woman before, especially if they have a child, that they can always go back.
Speaker 4: They always feel that confidence.
Speaker 2: Especially if they're financially taking care of that woman.
Speaker 4: That's just arrogance.
Speaker 3: That's arrogance and ego. But that don't mean that that's the case. That woman might might he might feel like that, but that one might be like hell no.
Speaker 2: My point it has one person in that situation has to say no, that's a door somewhere.
Speaker 4: Monica with Mo Mo what's up? Mo's Mo? How you going less black and Holly Favorite? How are you all right? I'm doing now? What you think?
Speaker 3: Well?
Speaker 13: My thing?
Speaker 10: I'm having.
Speaker 4: Another Your phone sounds crazy, Mo.
Speaker 3: Your phone sounds like you need a new man because you can't the phone on your damn man that I love you.
Speaker 4: I love you too. You're a mermaid. While you calling us from underwater takes take us.
Speaker 3: Walking around, walking around with that bluetooth in your head. Look at sixty seven for no damn reads.
Speaker 10: Still don't okay?
Speaker 3: When you come.
Speaker 4: Now, what were you saying?
Speaker 16: I was saying that I'm made to someone that has as your child, and I have two kids of my own outside of our marriage, so of course I was rebate on that has another child as long as that sex you have part of the relationship is over with.
Speaker 3: Yeah, And how do you know when that sexual part of the relationship is over with?
Speaker 16: Because because when you when you the way they reactually getting with each other when you're around each other, I mean.
Speaker 10: It's just about strictly about the kids. I mean that with you meant with my situation.
Speaker 16: My ex friend could not even bear touching me.
Speaker 12: With a five five foot stick.
Speaker 16: I mean even though we do have two kids, that that part is just over with.
Speaker 3: She said that her ex husband couldn't baby daddy or whatever, couldn't touch her with a five foot.
Speaker 2: Stick, right, so the doors closed on that side, but he would have stuff to stick out there.
Speaker 3: She said, he's with another woman now, right. Yeah, lord, everybody, everybody, you have a.
Speaker 2: Very black and white West thinking. I love that. I love that mostly black.
Speaker 12: Hell, good morning, hello.
Speaker 4: And talked to us. What's your thoughts?
Speaker 16: So I am a person with a child, and me and my child father know each other in high school.
Speaker 10: We joke around and all that he's married. We never crossed those boundaries.
Speaker 16: Because we just respect each other's spaces. It takes maturity, not everyday mom out here to see what the david daddy?
Speaker 4: That's right? Now?
Speaker 3: What does he joke to you about? He say things like, yeah, no, do act like I wasn't the first to hit.
Speaker 4: It now.
Speaker 2: That that is, that's but does he make those type of jokes? What do y'all joke about?
Speaker 10: He made jokes like that.
Speaker 3: But we friends and he's married significant others.
Speaker 2: We don't know what's so funny? What are we laughing about?
Speaker 4: Flirting? That's factual. That's what he your first, that's why.
Speaker 2: What does that have to do with you raising your kids to remind them by That's that arrogance, I told you.
Speaker 4: But that is a flirt. Now now you said you have a child of man, are scared to date you?
Speaker 2: Hell, she's joking with her baby father.
Speaker 3: It's nothing like I think with you and you call them friends like, that's the mother of my child. Were joking around, Sorry, our own little inside jokes that don't nobody understand.
Speaker 2: I don't have kids yet, and lord, I pray when I do. I hope I'm never that mature.
Speaker 4: That is that it's not flirting. It's just faction.
Speaker 2: In a great relationship. But some stuff is just out of respect. Because if I was, if I was, if I was a joke, Now your chest hurt and you got asthma.
Speaker 4: But she might say it.
Speaker 3: Too, She might be She might say, yeah, I was the first person to make you. You know such what happens to that is to tell your man.
Speaker 2: Don't tell you you need to be That's a prime the time out corner, you sit and take five minutes and think about the things you just said.
Speaker 3: I understand that as a man, I walk in and be like, I hit it, I hit it, I hit it, I hit it, I hit it.
Speaker 4: I hit that's too far.
Speaker 3: Eight hundred humming it around the baby daddy for no reason, that's your problem.
Speaker 6: Eight hundred five ay five, one oh five to one. We're talking ladies and fellas. Is it okay to date a woman with a child or do with a child, because people are saying if their old relationship, it leaves the door open for them to holler again. And Charlomagne said he would walk around singing I hit.
Speaker 3: It first, And I didn't say that. I'm just saying I can see where that joke could happen. That's a nice inside joke. It's not funny. It's not a joke.
Speaker 4: Mothers and fathers children. We'll discuss when we come back as the Breakfast Club Morning. It's topic times.
Speaker 21: Called eight hundred and five eight five, one oh five one to join in to the discussion with the Breakfast Club talk about it.
Speaker 6: Wanting everybody, it's j Envy, Charlamagne the God. We are the Breakfast Club.
Speaker 4: If you're just joining us.
Speaker 6: Laura La Rossi's here, she's our guest co host, and we're talking about Ari f sure. She was doing an interview with Karesha and what was she talking about?
Speaker 4: Lauren?
Speaker 2: She was talking about co parenting with g Herbo and Karsha and very Karshia fashion asked her, what is that like? Because you're hard to pass up on? Does he still try?
Speaker 3: And you know?
Speaker 2: Yeah, and she said, he says stuff.
Speaker 20: You know what, all it's hard to pass on you. How's it coherency with her? We're still be trying to you because I'm quite sure, I'm quite sure he tried your son out.
Speaker 2: He'd be like, damn, look what it is. It's like, how's the coherency in?
Speaker 17: For real?
Speaker 2: And do he still be trying to you?
Speaker 14: Uh?
Speaker 18: He says things, but we're never in a setting where he can be like, yeah, let me you know what I'm saying, Like, we ain't never what you be saying.
Speaker 2: I think it's a joke.
Speaker 18: Like I don't even take him serious, like sometimes you know, if you overdo, it's like, okay, stop you doing too much, Like you know, I gotta like that's you.
Speaker 2: Know, but respect me.
Speaker 18: I don't take him serious like that, So it's just be.
Speaker 4: Like, okay, see I don't like that either.
Speaker 3: What you gotta say specifically what I said, because what if g Herbal's in a new relationship right right, g Herbal's.
Speaker 2: Woman is gonna want to know what you be saying, I tweeted after I saw this video the next morn, I woke up and said, did someone check on Gerbol last night? Because I know his girlfriend was saying. If it was, I would be pissed.
Speaker 4: You want to know.
Speaker 3: And by the way, we don't Geebo could be saying innocent stuff like Damn, you look nice today. Damn you've been working out. You know you're looking right like? That's what's that's the compliments?
Speaker 4: Nabi?
Speaker 3: Why not Nabby? We don't know what he My point is, we don't know what he's saying. But when you say something like that on such a public stage the internet, you don't leave.
Speaker 4: Don't don't leave things up to the internet. If you ain't gonna say it in your workplace, don't say it t X.
Speaker 6: Would you say that to anything up here? Damn, you look good, you're working out? Would you say it's anybody that pair besides me?
Speaker 4: You? You know what you ask me? What? I don't understand what's wrong with the truth this morning?
Speaker 2: But also, your truth is a little a little off.
Speaker 4: You just don't believe me. I told Lauren about.
Speaker 2: You've been lying all day. I have not even a time out corner.
Speaker 4: I don't know. Let's go to the Helloh.
Speaker 10: Hey, what's up?
Speaker 12: This boy? Didn't go what's good?
Speaker 4: Y'all? Did you go, hey, how we doing? What's up?
Speaker 16: Bro?
Speaker 4: What's your thoughts? Didn't go?
Speaker 22: Uh? Well, I'm biased now, man, I have made a firm stand and I'm not especially with nobold baby mama's period. All right, just the complications of the baby daddy is just too many other distractions, and it's prevented me from having a complete family.
Speaker 4: You feel me.
Speaker 13: I don't want to be baling with that.
Speaker 4: Hold on.
Speaker 3: You got to explain this to me a little bit more. Now, give me a little bit more context. I need more context.
Speaker 13: Well, I don't like outside influencers, Charlottage, and I believe that a baby daddy and unhappy baby mother it creating outside influence for that new partner and decides to come into either one of their lives. And I don't like outside influences. So if I'm in this house with this one, we're raising these kids together. It's my unpossibility now though.
Speaker 3: Now, Dingle, I think what you're saying is more what Lauren is saying, because if a baby mother or baby father still has influence on the person they have a child with and influence on their new relationship, then they still got feelings for that.
Speaker 2: No, that's not what I'm saying. I mean, first of all, you're you shouldn't you shouldn't have Like if if I'm dealing with a guy that has a kid, his ex shouldn't have an influence on our relationship. But I can't say anything to them about how they choose to raise their child. I just have to support what they decide to do. I think that the line gets kind of confused when like there's like a still like a sexual attraction or like anything that doesn't have to do with the child.
Speaker 4: I think if you.
Speaker 3: Still have influence on their new relationship, then I think there is still in attraction.
Speaker 2: That's not true, though, because if I, like, you know, if anybody that has been married and has a family, if you guys were to like split and you go and you marry another woman and y'all create a new family, your ex would have to have some sort of influence because she wants to know how her kids are being raised and at the household. Like that's a real mature relationship.
Speaker 4: But that's but that's not influence. I think that's more of being just being concerned.
Speaker 3: That's not influence, like influences, Like, Yo, you shouldn't be dating that dude, though, what's up with that dude?
Speaker 4: Is he doing right by you? And you know what I mean has nothing to do with you. But if you listening, that means that you still got feelings.
Speaker 2: For Yeah, as long as a little time I get his fruit loops.
Speaker 4: Don't stop.
Speaker 2: What's going on any any any anything?
Speaker 4: You won't say in front of your new girlfriend.
Speaker 6: You shouldn't say it all Like, there's no way you're going you got a new girl, and you're like, damn, you're working out, you're looking good.
Speaker 4: You're not gonna say that in front of your new girl. Forget you, like, forget it, Yeah, forget it. I'm never gonna have them, Drake got you all off the day. I'm never gonna have a new girl. So I don't know what you're talking about.
Speaker 3: Like those hypothetics. I can't even put my mind in that hype of thing. Give me a Drake, what are you talking about?
Speaker 4: We got roomors on the way.
Speaker 3: I told you all already, Me and Drake playing this whole stuff out. But Lauren don't believe that.
Speaker 2: So basically he's picking Drake.
Speaker 4: You're picking Drake.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Drake, pavey, Drake got more money, is what he's saying.
Speaker 4: City girl, you a bird.
Speaker 6: I like that for You spent the weekend with me in Vegas and now you're picking Drake.
Speaker 4: You did spend the weekend with iHeart. Now you spent the weekend with We spend a lot of time with each other. Yes or no? A little bit?
Speaker 2: Y'all flew back commercial?
Speaker 4: No, no, we flew back commercial. Were you talking about?
Speaker 3: Ye?
Speaker 2: See, Drake, Drake would never never.
Speaker 6: We even passed the chapel meeting past the chapel agather too. We got rooms on the way to believe that, But you don't believe nothing.
Speaker 4: That's great.
Speaker 2: Yeah, we do have some more rumors on the way outside of your relationship crazy Bone. We got to, you know, changing the vibe in the room a bit, just sending some prayers up for Crazy Bone. Has been reported that he is in the hospital in l A fighting for his life.
Speaker 4: Yeah, we got more details when we come back. It's the Breakfast Club in the morning. Morning.
Speaker 6: Everybody is Teage en v Charlamagne gud. We are the Breakfast Club. Laura la Ross is our special guest host today. That's right, Delaware's finest. Yes, you're excited because I just as you and Joe Biden.
Speaker 2: I mean, there's a lot of other things happening there besides cool, Like what tell them what you said? Delaware has Delaware State University.
Speaker 4: Okay, okay, okay, what else we have?
Speaker 2: Uh, great people and families there. People come there to buy homes, Joe Biden. Joe Biden is there too. A lot of great businesses and and things.
Speaker 4: You didn't think that she's from there too.
Speaker 2: Because don't do that. Y'all just got to come. I was telling the envy. Bill Bellamy was there for HBCU week and he was joking about being in Delaware. He ended up on Fifth Madison, which is where you don't want to end up. But when you leave Fifth Madison makes you realize how much other great things are happening Delaware because you see the beauty after you see you all the darkness.
Speaker 4: Okay, shout out to us. They shout everybody in Delaware. Delaware. All right, now we got rooms on the way where we talking about, give us little tease we are.
Speaker 2: We are going to get into Crazy Bone him fighting for his life in l A currently and then we're going to have to go to Krishawn and Blue Face.
Speaker 4: All right, we'll get into that when we come back. It's the Breakfast Logan.
Speaker 6: Morning Morning everybody, and seej n V. Charlamagne the gud. We are the Breakfast Club. Laura la Ross is our special guest host today, Dela.
Speaker 4: That's right. Delaware is finest. Yes, you're excited because I just you and Joe Biden. I mean, there's a lie of.
Speaker 2: Other things happening there besides cool Like what tell him? Delaware has Delaware State University.
Speaker 4: Okay, okay, okay, what else we have?
Speaker 7: Uh?
Speaker 2: Great people and families there. People come there to buy homes, Joe Biden, Joe Biden, and it's there too a lot of great businesses and things.
Speaker 4: You didn't think this Now she definitely think that she's.
Speaker 2: From there too, because y'all has got to come. I was telling Envy Bill Bellamy was there for HBCU week and he was joking about being in Delaware. He ended up on Fifth Madison, which is where you don't want to end up. But once you leave Fifth Madison makes you realize how much other great things are happening in Delaware because you see the beauty after you see y'all the darkness.
Speaker 6: Okay, shout out to us, they shout everybody in Delaware, Delaware. All right, now, we got rooms on the way. What we talk about, give us a little tease.
Speaker 2: We are we are going to get into Crazy Bone him fighting for his life in l a currently, and then we're going to have to go to Krashaan and Blue Face.
Speaker 4: All right, we'll get into that when we come back.
Speaker 6: It's the Breakfast Logan morning warning everybody, it's d J n V Charlamagne to God. We are the Breakfast Club. We got our special guest co host Laura la Rossa with us, and let's get to the rumors.
Speaker 4: Here.
Speaker 2: I think a lot of people will recognize the voice to the name on the club Lauren came in. So we want to send us some prayers up for a crazy Bone of Bone, thugs and harmony. So reportedly, on Friday, he checked himself into the hospital after he began coughing up large amounts of blood. There was later a cat skin that revealed that there was a leaking artery in one of his lungs. So there was an emergency surgery that took place, and despite that emergency surgery, doctors were unable to staunch to bleeding. Now he does suffer from circle. We went over this word too, and I can't psychodiosis, UHC.
Speaker 4: Circle delay No, Lauren, come on, now get this.
Speaker 2: It's a rare inflammatory disease that causes the organs to become covered in lumpy nods. And now he has sedated and he is on a breathing machine, unable to breathe unassisted. So his fellow Bonn Thugs and Harmony member Busy wrote pray for Kay on his Instagram, Yes.
Speaker 3: Well, sending him an energy to crazy ball man. That's crazy. He's only fifty years old. You know.
Speaker 4: I didn't even know he had an underlying condition neither.
Speaker 2: And these are just reports too, so I'm not for sure, you know, if there was anything else that kind of comes in the mix of this, but I know I saw somebody posts like one of the producers that he works with was just like we were just in a studio like a few days ago.
Speaker 4: Yeah, that' what I'm saying.
Speaker 3: I don't know what y'all pray for, but I pray for good health every day, like good that is like one of my top three things that I pray for, and I wish for all my family and all my friends. Like, because you know, you're fifty years old is very very young.
Speaker 2: Yeah, things just happened, yep.
Speaker 6: Yeah, and you think about it, Like you said, he was just in the studio. He checked himself into the hospital. See that, you know, make sure everything was okay. And the fact that he s dated now is just very scary. So, like we tell everybody all the time, you know, make sure you go to the doctor yearly, twice a year if there's anything that you're feeling, you know, get those checks, you know, get those colonoscopies.
Speaker 4: Get there. Uh, I think, what what was the thing called they check your heart? What was that proced you call?
Speaker 3: Man? I've had everything. I've had everything from the EKG, the stress test to the soaring sorn? Uh what's the soaring soorn?
Speaker 2: I asked you.
Speaker 4: I can't remember. They check your heart and it makes your heart.
Speaker 12: Yeah.
Speaker 4: So but the crazy thing is he knew about his condition. Yeah, that's even crazy.
Speaker 2: And sometimes too, I will say, like even when you're getting all those check ups and going to the doctors and stuff like with me, I'm care sacred with my mom and my grandmother. I just went do something with my grandmother where we were telling the doctors, no, this isn't right. She was saying, this isn't right, and they were still saying, Nope, it's indigestion, it's whatever. It turned out to be a minor heart attack. You know what I mean. Wow, Right, And it's one of those things where it's like we knew. But my grandmother's older, so she wants to go with what her doctors are saying. But if you know yourself, you know your body. I'll tell her all the time. Don't nobody know you better than you?
Speaker 4: Sure you know what something wrong?
Speaker 7: Yeah?
Speaker 2: So yeah, send us some prayers out to him.
Speaker 4: Absolutely.
Speaker 2: Now we're gonna move in to another vein of things. Blue Face and Krishan. They are still going at it. So recently, over the weekend and leading up into Honesty this morning, Blue Face had been blasting Krishan online. Now it's interesting because a few days ago he came out and said, you guys, remember she had that video that surface where she was carrying the baby or not carrying the baby correctly. He came out after that the baby was in the strap carrier on her chest and said, hey, she's a new mom. You know, let's shore some love. Now he's saying she is a bad, unfit mother. He's claiming that. So their baby has a hernia and needs surgery. According to Blueface, Krishan pushed back that surgery, and he actually flew to Baltimore for the surgery to be there to support, and then he found out when he got that shit pushed back the surgery. Let's play that audio.
Speaker 5: So I'm like, all right, I just give her a little bit of time to like, you know, fill it out. And then she finally like tell me like, like baby had hernia, he's gonna have surgery or whatever. There's nothing major, just her So damn. So that's really why I went out there. So I'm all right, damn, I gotta at least see this through with her.
Speaker 4: So the baby had complications, Yeah, yeah.
Speaker 5: So I told Jayden, like you know, I told the Jade and this, and then she kind of like yeah, she kind of like, beat me up.
Speaker 3: You tell Jaden, I gotta go see the baby because the baby has a situation her And when you told Jade, she wasn't supportive of you.
Speaker 4: I mean like she didn't approve. All right, let's just put it that way.
Speaker 2: That's one podcast, right, it is here, he managed credit Lauren, Well, we didn't even get to it. Yeah, Whack one hundred and Adam twenty two were sitting down with Blue Face in this interview. I don't know what platforms on though.
Speaker 4: I think it's no Jumper on a New Jumper platform. I think whatever that platform they have, I'm not sure they have their podcast.
Speaker 2: Okay, So the Jayden that Blue Face is talking about is his first kid's mom, which to me, it just screams there issues because I don't care what's going on. If your baby has a health issue, she shouldn't have an issue with you going to see about that child. But basically, he said that when he arrived in Baltimore, he got there and Krishan was lying about his son's health. He says that she had been pushing back the surgery and missing appointments so that she can do what she wants. He went to Baltimore, thinking it's a surgery, and they talking about she missed the appointment. He then posted a photo of his son, including his son's genitals, and he wanted the world to see. He was trying to make a point about how bad of a mom she is. He said, this is what my son's penis. Can I say what? Yeah, I can say that, this is what my son penis penis looks like. And she's worried about me.
Speaker 4: All this is playing out on social media.
Speaker 2: Yes, that's what I'm saying.
Speaker 3: Man, defund social media. Now, please build a wall around the internet.
Speaker 4: What the hell?
Speaker 2: What's Twitter? I like Twitter?
Speaker 4: But nobody needed to see all of that?
Speaker 2: No, this was this was a bit too much. I also feel like too nobody needs to even know all of it. And you know what's crazy. Krashan went live on Instagram after this, and she kind of she said a lot of things that I were like, girl, what But she said that though she said, I don't even know if I was going to tell the internet about the hernia. And now you get on here, You're in this interview and you're talking about our son. What's your issue? It's like you have an issue with the kid because of me. Like, what's the real problem.
Speaker 3: This is what I will never understand about the Internet and about social media and about people and their obsession with the Internet and social media. Who are you trying to convince when you're putting this stuff online? Who are you talking to?
Speaker 4: Why?
Speaker 22: Why?
Speaker 3: Why are you making all of these strangers privy to information that's going on in your life. That's a conversation that you should be having with the mother and your child, and your circle and your family.
Speaker 4: But none of that needs to be online.
Speaker 6: I think we passed that a long time ago with Krashan and Blue Face because they put everything online like their whole way Blue Faces everybody, but yeah, they do well, they're the most Like they put everything if they get into an argument, if they get into a fight, if they drink too much, if they whatever it is, they put everything on there.
Speaker 4: So I think their whole life plays out.
Speaker 6: So it's almost to the point where they feel like Instagram is their family, Like they got a report to Instagram. But it's sad because it's some of these dings don't need to be put on Instagram.
Speaker 2: Yeah, not at all. None of this should have made it to Twitter, Instagram, wherever.
Speaker 4: Yeh here right?
Speaker 6: All right, well that is your room or report. Charlamagne wore giving a donkey two.
Speaker 4: Man, I need President Joe Biden to come to the front of the congregation. We like to have a world with him.
Speaker 3: Man, his speechwriters should come to the front of the congregation too. Y'all tried to make them sound cool for the Congression of Black car because it didn't work out for it?
Speaker 4: You did it? Huh?
Speaker 13: Come on?
Speaker 4: Ah boy?
Speaker 19: All right, well we'll get to that next. It's the breakfast Club. Good morning, the breakfast Club. Your mornings will never be the same.
Speaker 4: Donkey up today? Damn he hogged. It's donkey. I mean trying to beat donkey today. No more. They should be embarrassed by what they already did. I'm not making these people do these days called donkey of the day. And it really caught me off guard.
Speaker 2: Damn Charlomagne, who got the donkey out of the day today?
Speaker 4: Yeah? Talk here today?
Speaker 3: For Monday, September twenty fifth goes to the forty sixth President of the United States of America, Joe Biden. Now, Joe Biden gave a speech at the Congressional Black Caucus Foundation's Annual Legislative Conference on Saturday.
Speaker 4: I repeat.
Speaker 3: President Joe Biden gave a speech at the Congressional Black Caucaus Foundation's Annual Legislative Conference on Saturday. The reason I repeated where he was at twice is because the audience is very important in this situation. You're talking to black people. Okay, not to mention all this stuff is written for the President, so his writers gonna share some of this he had too, Okay. Now, President Biden was honoring recipients of this year's awards that recognized individuals who have made significant contributions to society.
Speaker 4: One of the recipients was the great James Todd.
Speaker 3: Smith LL COOOJ dropping the clues bumps for LL COOLJ, and while giving his speech about ll this happened the two of.
Speaker 11: The great artists of our time, representing the groundbreaking.
Speaker 4: Legacy of hip hop in America.
Speaker 11: Ll j J, by the way, that boy's got you got man's got biceps bigger than my thighs.
Speaker 4: I think he's fa ll J cool J. We'll get back to that in a second.
Speaker 3: A lot of people are upset that Joe Biden referred to LL cool J as a boy as you can hear, he corrected himself on the spot. You know why Joe Biden corrected himself because he's one hundred and thirty seven years old. He fully understands the word boy in the racial context around a white man referring to a black man. This boy, see, boy is absolutely a white racist word when used in a certain context. And I know that because I'm from South Carolina. Drop on the flues mom for South Carolina, and because I was raised watching Good Times, Okay, and a young scholar by the name of Michael Evans broke that down to us. Why boy, it's a right a white racist word. If I'm not mistaken, it was season one, episode nine.
Speaker 2: You remember this right, boy is white racist word.
Speaker 3: That's all you needed to hear. Okay, Once you knew that, you understood that boy with a white racist word. When the word boy it is referred well, when somebody uses the word boy to refer to an adult black man and the speaker is white, that takes on a whole different meaning. And do you know in Alabama, a white supervisor passed up a brother for a promotion and called the brother a boy, and that black man sued. Yes, he worked at Tyson, Chicken and Gatson, Alabama, sued his employer for workplace discrimination. Look up the case. His name was a John Hithen. I think I pronounce his name right, en Hi t h and one. He sued his employee for workplace discrimination and two separate juries awarded Hitten back pay and punitive damages. And the US Supreme Court agreed that the use of the word boy could be racist and needed to be examined in the context in which it was spoken, and it sent the case back to the Eleventh Circuit.
Speaker 4: Now here's the rub. On the third trying of the fourteen year old case.
Speaker 3: The Eleventh US Circuit Court of Appeals disagreed and throughout all prior rulings on the case. My point is contexting meaning matters. Okay, boy is a white racist word. Joe Biden knows this, That's why he corrected himself. But I'm gonna tell you what I found egregious the fact that Joe Biden got LL's name wrong to begin with.
Speaker 4: Can we hear that again? Please?
Speaker 11: Two of the great artists of our time, representing the ground breaking legacy of hip hop in America, LL J cool Ja.
Speaker 3: Okay stop stop ll J cool J. Why did the audience laugh? They should have been correcting him on the spot.
Speaker 4: Okay.
Speaker 3: I don't know if that was Joe Biden, or the teleprompter or the Delaware education system, but here.
Speaker 2: Is the thing, and not a shot at Delaware.
Speaker 4: It wasn't. I didn't even know why I said that. I don't know why I said that, but listen, here is the thing.
Speaker 3: Joe Biden should not need a teleprompter to know. There's not two j's in ll cool J.
Speaker 4: Okay.
Speaker 3: Ll cool J is a man who has been rapping since President Joe Biden was my age. Literally, Joe Biden was forty four. I'm forty five, but Joe Biden was forty four when LL cool J dropped his debut album Radio. Okay, ll cool J has been white famous for at least thirty five years. If there's not too many more recognizable celebrities on the planet, it's not like Joe Biden was speaking on somebody relatively new, someone he wasn't familiar with in any way, shape or form.
Speaker 4: It's LL cool J, not LJ cool J. How did he say it? Let me hit again. Two of the great.
Speaker 11: Artists of our time representing the groundbreaking legacy of hip hop in America.
Speaker 4: Ll J cool J, LLJ cool J, LJ cool J.
Speaker 3: Look, this is a prime example of it doesn't matter how many black people you are around, doesn't matter how many Black people you have in your administration, doesn't matter how many black people you have right for you.
Speaker 4: If it's not authentic to him, then it won't come off as authentic to anyone.
Speaker 3: Okay, y'all keep trying to make this one hundred and ninety seven year old man sound cool simply because he's talking to black people.
Speaker 4: And there is nothing more uncool than someone trying too hard to be cool. What's that quote?
Speaker 3: Don't try too hard to be cool? It always shows and that's uncool. Yes, that is President Joe Biden. Please give Delawes minus President Joe Biden to sweet Sounds of the Hamiltons.
Speaker 4: Oh no, you are trying to not represent them now the dog all the day.
Speaker 2: Ye I don't like this?
Speaker 4: What what don't you like?
Speaker 2: Dellraye? Got nothing to do with the fact that that man.
Speaker 3: Don't you gotta represent yo. You gotta take them the good end the bad. That's y'all got a president that's big we do.
Speaker 4: Yes, that's big l L J. Cool is hot? All right?
Speaker 6: B E T we see out the ball piece, b E T. Let's open up the phone lines eight hundred five eight five one oh five to one. Boy, hmm, let's talk boy, okay?
Speaker 4: Is it a white racist work? Is that a white racist work?
Speaker 3: Context matters? It's all about context and meaning. That's all it is.
Speaker 4: Because Philly they say that's different. Say right, boy, that's in the South. They say, boy a lot right. Uh, you're proving the point.
Speaker 6: I'm not asking the question. I don't know if you'll say by what something? But we don't say what's that boy?
Speaker 3: That's why I said contact matters. I could be like, that's my boy right there. You know I'm saying, but I don't refer to groom and his boy, you know what I mean.
Speaker 4: I don't do that. I try my heart it't not to do that.
Speaker 3: But then there's times where you can be in a group like you know, we could be in something like the Os and it'd be like, all right, boys trying to move, you.
Speaker 4: Know what I mean. I have a feel a little funny.
Speaker 2: That's still yeah.
Speaker 4: I definitely heard that. You heard that this week? Yes, but he was talking to a bunch of people black people, white people.
Speaker 3: You know, I'll find it more direspect, but that you dot acknowledging the women because there'll be a group of people and this women they're like, all right.
Speaker 4: Boys trying to move.
Speaker 6: I'm yeah, but they said, you two boys from the breakfast club, come on over. Here'mnna feel the way.
Speaker 4: I'm gonna tell you. Suck my d on the spot. Wow them with a good time, them with a good time. Win now.
Speaker 6: Eight nundred five eighty five, one oh five one, let's talk the turn boys to breakfast club.
Speaker 4: Good morning, Can I do some coke off it too? The breakfast Club? It's topic time.
Speaker 21: Eight hundred five eight five five one to join into the discussion with the breakfast club.
Speaker 4: Morning everybody.
Speaker 6: It's d J En V Charlamage the guy. We are the breakfast club now, Hew just joining us. We're talking about the term boy.
Speaker 4: Now. This came from your President, Joe Biden. He was Delaware's finest.
Speaker 6: He was talking about LL cool J or l J cool J. And this is what he said, through the great artists.
Speaker 11: Of our time, representing the ground breaking legacy of hip hop in America.
Speaker 4: LL J cool J.
Speaker 11: By the way, that boy's got you got man's got biceps bigger than my thighs.
Speaker 4: I think he's spent. So we're asking eight hundred and five eight five five one. We're talking to term boy.
Speaker 2: He's just old though.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I don't. I don't want to.
Speaker 2: I don't like the term either, and I feel like it his diff from white people. But he corrected itself right there on the spot.
Speaker 4: He did well.
Speaker 3: He corrected himself because he understands that boy is a white racist word.
Speaker 4: You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 3: That's really all it boils down to. And it's always been historically like that context matters. White people routinely would describe black men as boys to suggest they weren't on equal footing with meaning.
Speaker 4: That's all, you know what I mean.
Speaker 3: And it just happened during and after slavery because black people weren't viewed as full fledged people, and they weren't viewed as mentally, physically or spiritually on the level of white people like they actually looked at us as physically, spiritually, and mentally inferior.
Speaker 4: So that's why they would call us boys. That's right, it was. It was meant to be demeaning. But I also feel like, yeah he did, he did, you know, correct himself.
Speaker 6: But I just think it came out naturally, like that's his natural conversation, natural talk, and he called himself saying.
Speaker 2: And it was crazy, It's like, what do you mean?
Speaker 4: I think it was worth that he got LL's name wrong and added another J.
Speaker 2: But now that was the point that I think that was the old like that was just him being an old man and he couldn't even see the telepart that don't.
Speaker 6: That don't have to be because there's a lot of a famous white people that I don't know their names.
Speaker 4: I don't I don't know who they are wrong on purpose. I do it on purpose because they do it. I do it on purpose.
Speaker 3: I will see Kelly Clarkson and be like yo, ariana Grande, like like like I.
Speaker 4: Will like Kelly.
Speaker 3: I knew Kelly Clarkson was performing Saturday, right, and I was looking forward to seeing Kelly Cox Clarxon right when we went out there.
Speaker 4: We watch Kelly.
Speaker 3: But I was like, I can't wait till she performed fireworks. I told always, but I can't wait till she do fireworks.
Speaker 4: It's gonna be so dope.
Speaker 3: When she do fireworks, and they was gonna be like, that's not Kelly, that's Katy Perry.
Speaker 4: I'm like, oh, same difference. So I'm like, okay, well let's go see Katie Clark Clarkson. Oh my goodness. Well let's go to the phone line. Hello, who's this? He said? This is this is all boy? Ye warrick, what's up? Talk to a boy?
Speaker 10: War Hey, it's warm Charles, Charlie May, how you doing?
Speaker 17: Four?
Speaker 4: Three? What's happening?
Speaker 23: It's happening a So obviously you know the issues that we have with racism around these areas. But I was in the post office one day and patiently waiting for my turn, and a white gentleman was in front of me, and when she finished with him, she.
Speaker 12: Respected me as, hey, what can I do for you?
Speaker 1: Boy?
Speaker 12: And at that moment, my whole life lasted in front of me. And I specifically said it to the lady. I said, I looked around. I said, man, there's only two kind of boys in this world, and that's white boys and cowboys, and I'm not one of them. I really would appreciate it if you respect me to say what you respect that gentleman?
Speaker 4: And she looked at me.
Speaker 12: She had this old Golden.
Speaker 10: Girls type shir style.
Speaker 12: But that just set it off right there for me.
Speaker 23: But after I said that, she apologized and I immediately turned around and went to a different post office man.
Speaker 3: And see, that's the thing that people don't understand about being black. I've been in meeting I actually wrote about this in my second book, Shook One. But I've been in meetings and I remember I was in a meeting with the president of this network and he was like, boy, you really doing your thing?
Speaker 4: And like it took me. I don't remember even what the meeting was about. All I was stuck on was boy, was that right? But then when the when the meeting was over, he was like, boy is reigning outside, you know what I mean? So I'm about that's just how he talks, right, you know?
Speaker 3: But I missed thirty I didn't miss the whole meeting, just because I was just stuck in my head about now, how black should I get in this moment? Like should I say something like did he mean it the way I think he meant it? Those are the things that people don't understand being a black man. You gotta be a black man understanding Hello, Hi.
Speaker 4: Hey, what's your name?
Speaker 20: Hey?
Speaker 15: Dan?
Speaker 4: Are you Caucasian?
Speaker 13: Yes?
Speaker 4: I am okay. So what do you think about the term boy?
Speaker 17: I think that everyone should know that it's racist to get in contact. It diminishes personhood of the one that calling the boy, if a white person is calling a black person boy, is straight up racist. Although in Joe Biden's case, I really do think it's a matter of age ship. He did correct himself right away, and I think it's just because I'm a middle aged white lady, so people that are teenage, and I work with teenagers all the time, so to me, they're they're still children. So I might accidentally live my life to think that I wouldn't. But I think in his case it's just age that make him, you know, ell Pool, j is still young, very young to him. But everyone should know. I'm I'm fifty four years old, and there's no reason any white person should ever say it. They ought to know better.
Speaker 13: I would like to.
Speaker 4: Especially if you're talking to grown as men legendary.
Speaker 17: Exactly when you're when you're talking to a grown man, you should definitely not use that word. And I also want to say I love your reference to good times growing up. Uh, Jefferson's and Good Times and All in the Family. Those were shows that really helped me. I grew up in like a for a white area, no lack of diversity, but those kinds of programs their masterclass. People should still go back and watch them today. They're just this relevant and beautiful today.
Speaker 4: Jefferson's too.
Speaker 17: Yeah, I love the Jefferson Okay, so.
Speaker 4: Got to do this. I don't know because he always said I got it. But you know, I was gonna say this too.
Speaker 6: Another thing that's different that she what she just said is LLLL cool J is a fifty year old man. He's a grown ass man, has told y'all.
Speaker 4: I know.
Speaker 3: But when LLLL put out his first album, Joe Biden was our It's not like he was a teenager and you said boy exactly like ll was a grown ass man.
Speaker 4: But a lot of times they be doing that because they be wanting to sound cool, like oh that's my boy.
Speaker 3: You know it wasn't.
Speaker 2: It didn't give that though, No, it didn't like the the him messing up the name. For me, I was like, Okay, he's old. Maybe you just can't see. But the boy when I was like, oh it gave you that age where you know, boy that what's gonna come next? Cracking at the whip.
Speaker 3: Well to your point, Remember I talked about that case during Donkey of the Day about against Tyson Foods, the guy who's super Tyson Foods. The US Court of Appeals decided that boy cannot be considered a racial slur unless it's preface with a racial marker such as black, and that decision has always sparked controversy because white people typically didn't call anybody a black boy. Doing nobody so black boy and instantly said boy. Correct, you know eight hundred five eight five one five one.
Speaker 4: Let's discuss its topic.
Speaker 21: Time called eight hundred and five five five one to join in to the discussion with the Breakfast club.
Speaker 4: Talk about it morning.
Speaker 6: Everybody is DJ NV, Charlamagne, the gud We are the Breakfast Club. Nowhew just joining us. We're talking about uh, your President Joe Biden. Uh And he's nowhere his own talking about l O Cool J. This is what he said, two of.
Speaker 11: The great orders of our times in the groundbreaking legacy of hip hop in America.
Speaker 12: L O J.
Speaker 4: Cool J.
Speaker 11: By the way, that boy's got you got, man's got biceps bigger than my thighs.
Speaker 4: I think he's playing.
Speaker 6: So we're talking about the term boy. A lot of people on the line, Hello, what's your name? They to Keisa, good morning. We're talking about Joe Biden saying boy, what's your thoughts?
Speaker 2: You're definitely glad, you know, I am.
Speaker 10: One of y'all.
Speaker 16: Look, I thought, and when I heard it, I heard.
Speaker 22: He tried to rename him Toby when he said boy.
Speaker 10: I heard him say that man Dingo got some march muk. That's what I heard.
Speaker 4: That was wrong with people.
Speaker 3: That's why you can't leave her people's imagination that man Dingo got hit some.
Speaker 4: Nath Muscause, I mean that's what words don't matter no more.
Speaker 3: You why because people hear what they want you here. Whatever a person feels you said is what you actually said. It doesn't matter what you actually said. Hello, got some nice muscles on him?
Speaker 4: Good morning, Good morning, good morning. What's your thoughts? What's your name?
Speaker 5: Man?
Speaker 12: My name is all right?
Speaker 4: What's up with sure man?
Speaker 3: Brother?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 13: The word boy and tictions is very offens First off, I mean, a white man cannot call a brown man boy in texts without a conflict or conversation.
Speaker 4: So you thought it was disrespectful racist in the meaning.
Speaker 3: Yes, I'm not against anything that you said. Like, listen, we know boys a white racist words. It's just all about context.
Speaker 12: We know this came yes, sir.
Speaker 4: What's up? Good morning, brother?
Speaker 12: How you feeling I'm doing well?
Speaker 3: Go?
Speaker 4: How you doing good? Good? What's your thoughts on that term boy?
Speaker 5: Boy?
Speaker 7: Man?
Speaker 12: That's a white racist third man I've always grown up with. And when it's coming from a white person, you know, even if a black man was eighty years old, they referred to him as boy. I used to get his lessons back when my uncle's back in Virginia. And so I also believe that when women use the word boy is disrespectful. M you know what I'm saying, come on to.
Speaker 4: The N word.
Speaker 3: Well, no, it depends on context though, because if a woman said to you, boy, I'm gonna put this poom poom on your face.
Speaker 4: A boy, you killed it last boy, you put it down.
Speaker 2: Last way the way way? Why are you You didn't see the way that he like looked at you, look at him.
Speaker 4: I'm just glad you did all that's not that's a flirt.
Speaker 2: That's how context matters. And all the context clues.
Speaker 4: That's not a flower.
Speaker 2: Did demeanor just completely changed.
Speaker 4: That was my inner hood rat.
Speaker 6: Now, Lauren, Lauren in red Lauren, that was your.
Speaker 4: Intersexy rad Laura, was that leaving the back door open?
Speaker 11: Dad?
Speaker 2: The back door was definitely opening in time.
Speaker 4: Okay, what's the ball of the story? Boy? The boy the white races word. That is the moral of the story.
Speaker 3: And you know, y'all got to go do your own rules as the wide boy is considered a white racist word.
Speaker 4: But it's all about context. Context matters, that's all it is. All right, now we got rules on the way.
Speaker 2: We were talking about, Yes, we are talking about Magda Stagian coming out with the Beyonce concert and Travis Scott's phone being lost at sea in the Gulf of Mexico.
Speaker 6: All right, we'll get into that next. It's the Breakfast Club. Good Morning, the Breakfast Club.
Speaker 13: Morning.
Speaker 6: Everybody is DJ Envy Charlamagne the God. We are the Breakfast Club. We have Laura l Rosa, our guest special our special guest host. So let's get to the rumors, the reports.
Speaker 2: I think a lot of people will recognize the boys in the name.
Speaker 4: On the Breakfast Club Lauren came in hot.
Speaker 2: So Meg the Stallion came out and surprised an audience at the Beyonce Concert Renaissance Concert. Now, you know this is big because it's Houston, and like, you know, Meg is just that girl there.
Speaker 4: They both from Houston.
Speaker 2: Yeah, they're both from Houston. But it was even bigger because maybe a few days prior to that, Drake was in Houston. Now you'll remember Drake shot some lines at Meg. People would say at Meg thea sallion. I believe that they were for her to wait. They were talking about the whole Tory Lane situation. So in Houston, Drake is on stage and he says, hey, there's a woman named Megan here. We have that audio. I believe I got to give a shout out.
Speaker 4: To somebody in here.
Speaker 1: That's people really says the beginning the opera, there's something that whatever.
Speaker 16: You're gonna have.
Speaker 2: A shot shout out to me one time. This is so y'all heard the not that Meg. So he wanted to make it clear.
Speaker 4: So you know.
Speaker 2: Now she comes out on stage with Beyonce, which is a dope moment. But Beyonce is very vocally supportive of Meghan when she comes out on stage. It's just huge. She says, don't she make y'all proud? She makes me proud and a lot of fans online, a lot of the Behi we're talking about the fact that you don't really hear Beyonce come out, and like, you know, I'm proud. I love you. And I think that she made a point in doing so because of it after the year that makes the Scion has had and she, I.
Speaker 3: Mean, she's always been giving up, giving it up to Meghan, And I think that you got to remember too, when you're from a city and you do a record with another person from that city, especially somebody up and coming, and that record ends up being a.
Speaker 4: Number one record, y'all win a Grammy for it? Like that's big.
Speaker 3: Like nobody can help me say, you never put on for your city, you know what I'm saying, Like Beyonce put off for Houston in a real, real way. You know. That's one of the things that artists always get right, not even a artist, anybody that's successful from an area. They want to who you, who you're giving back to, who you who you helping out. Beyonce gave mega major look by getting on Savage remix.
Speaker 2: One hundred percent. I just think too, for someone to be as big as Beyonce, it's like what she did with the Lizzo where at first I was like, oh, she took lizzos am about the song, and then she made it a point to send Lizzle some love. To see an artist as big as herd take that stance is always going to be like a thing as well too.
Speaker 3: You know that. I was thinking too, and it's just me because I'm trans fatty. I was sitting around thinking to myself, I wanted to Beyonce ate tril Burgers before she went on stage after because I would think if she ate.
Speaker 4: Him before, it was a little bit heavy. Probably after, If she ate trill Burgers before she went on, That's what I was thinking. I was like, so she probably to laughter probably after.
Speaker 2: If I was want to Beyonce's dancers and she hit the move and then again, you just have to eat it, you have to take it.
Speaker 4: That's one thing I want to know, I really do.
Speaker 3: I'm sure she ate after bud Bee a sleuthing Angie Angie Beyonce. I want to know that Beyonce the triil Bergers before after. I'm sure after she ate him before and still went out there and did.
Speaker 2: Her things to enjoy. You you rushing through it. Your nerves is crazy. She's home. Yeah, you know what I mean. The other members of the Dusty Child were there, like you got.
Speaker 6: To before the performance. Yeah after you just yeah.
Speaker 2: After shout out to them. So Travis Scott is next up on the room of reports. So over the weekend this came out, and of course it turned into so many memes, which is sad on one end, because Astra World and anything related to that is always going to be sad because people died, but Travis Scott. So they in the Astra World lawsuit were trying to seize Travis Scott's phone as evidence, and his lawyer had to come out and say the phone could not be seized because it was lost at sea at the bottom of the Gulf of Mexico. So his attorney claimed that his phone was lost after it fell off a boat in the Golf of Mexico back in twenty twenty two. And you know when depositions happened, they want to go through everything. They want to see text, messages, cars, all that stuff. Of course Twitter turned this into yeah, of course the phone is lost at See because you don't want us to see what else is in that phone? And on the other hand, people are saying, well, we got to really think about this, like if it's lost at See, what is there that they don't want people to see, because again, people were killed behind Astro Worlds, so maybe it.
Speaker 4: Just really got lost that see. Yeah, there's on vacation and he fill out the boat like.
Speaker 3: He said, I really don't understand what's the point and then wanting to see the phone because what could be in that phone that we didn't already see at Astro World.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I don't think that there. To me, I wouldn't think that there's anything in his phone that would like it. Maybe they're thinking, yeah, maybe they're thinking that, like there's text messages after something like that. That would a conversation he had. But it was very evident you watched on the stage what happened and saw that he didn't see certain things happening.
Speaker 4: So I said this from the beginning. I always thought it was very unfair.
Speaker 3: Uh, you know how Travis Scott was treated in that whole situation, Because some things are just simply out of your control. That's not the first concert that's happened to and sadly it won't be the last. Whenever you're doing these big fels with eighty thousand, one hundred thousand people, the only thing you're relying on is them people controlling themselves.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but wait, when you're as big as Travis Scott and you are like he he is the live show like person, you know what I mean? Sometimes they make a target not even I wouldn't say a target because people died. That's unfair. You got to understand that too, Like they want someone to answer for that.
Speaker 6: But the biggest in the world right now, when it's a name, when it's a celebrity attach, it gets more media, it gets more pressed, it makes it bigger because.
Speaker 2: The real issue here is with this there's so so many layers before it got the Travis Scott. That's where the real issue is. But we wouldn't even care to talk about this if Travis Scott's say he wasn't attached to it.
Speaker 4: Correct. So it's just one of those Lawren said. It is absolutely true.
Speaker 3: It's so many people that had to fail at after World in order for that situation to happen. Like so it's just like I always thought it was unfair all of all the flak that Travis got, like that he was not the sole responsibility of that situation.
Speaker 2: You take the good with the bad, though, And then just to clarify because some people were saying, well, why is the phone not backed up? You know you can plug your phone in and back it up all the time. So Travis scots attorney said that his phone wasn't backed up at the time because they were worried about hacking concerns and didn't want any content of his phone to ever be really so, so they won't get that phone.
Speaker 6: All right, Well that is your room or report. So let's get to the mix. I'm gonna start off with some Usher. Of course, he's doing a halftime show at the Super Bowl list years, so it's only right that we start the mix off for Usher on this Monday, It's the Breakfast Club.
Speaker 19: Good morning, the Breakfast Club. Your mornings will never be the same morning.
Speaker 6: Everybody is DJ n V, charlamagnea God, we are the Breakfast Club. We got Laura la Rossa here, she is our guest co host this morning, and we just got a salute to everybody that went to the iHeartRadio Music festival, had an amazing time, got a chance to see Lil Wayne, Little Dirk, and j Cole. They performed All My Life together for the first time ever, Public Enemy, just Chuck d Flavor Flave.
Speaker 4: They haven't performed in what five six years? They performed, They performed together in six years.
Speaker 3: I'll tell you this, man, after watching Lil Wayne, I mean, of course, abjectively, even if he's not your personal favorite, you gotta put Little Wayne in your top five all time, really top three if you're being honest. But we know Usher's doing Super Bowl twenty twenty four. We already said for twenty twenty five, it has to be Lil Wayne and Drake in Friends and when you see him close out something like the iHeartRadio Music Festival, which is literally probably the most diverse lineup of artists you're ever going to see on any stage.
Speaker 4: Everybody from Lil Wayne, the Food Fighters, the.
Speaker 3: Thirty Seconds to Mars, the Travis Scott, Kelly Clark, he headlined the first night Bodied. It had everybody in that building losing their mind, didn't matter whether you was black, white, brown.
Speaker 4: I would think that's the kind of.
Speaker 3: Boxes you got to check off in order to be able to do the Super Bowl halftime show. Ye, be able to crossover through all demographics like he does so. Lil Wayne in Friends twenty twenty five.
Speaker 4: New Orleans. Lil Wayne Drake and Friends twenty twenty five, New Orleans. Let me ask you a question. Labor Flays gave us a clock. Oh I bought it.
Speaker 6: Oh my labor play gave us a clock to hang in there. Yes, to hang in the back of sub studio, which is pretty dope.
Speaker 4: So see it goes right there. That's pretty dope.
Speaker 2: I like that he gave you the give us.
Speaker 4: He was like, was like, y'all really gonna put it up in the studio? Yeah, yes, we are.
Speaker 2: Did he have like an extra one once he took that one?
Speaker 6: He actually wanted that one back at first, and then were talking into giving it to us for the studio.
Speaker 4: He gave it to iHeart, but he was said it was a loner. But then he gave it to us, and he gave it to us. All right, when we come back, we got the positive notice the Breakfast Club.
Speaker 6: Good morning morning. Everybody is DJ Envy Charlamagne the guy. We are the Breakfast Club is time to get up out of here. Charlamagne, you got a positive note?
Speaker 4: I do, man.
Speaker 3: I want to simply say good people sometimes make bad decisions, They mess up, and they let other people down, but that doesn't make them bad people.
Speaker 4: We all make mistakes. Breakfast Club, you don't finish for y'all. Dump