Speaker 1: I mean on her just.
Speaker 2: Wake up way, why you guys really are like the hip hop early morning late night Talk to the.
Speaker 3: Heathless Club is the most powerful popular urban radio show.
Speaker 4: Like from the Black Mothership in New York City.
Speaker 2: It's DJ yem V and Charlamagne to God. It's different, you know what I'm saying, Like y'all know what y'all talking about.
Speaker 5: Thanks to y'all be Black five.
Speaker 6: I love y'all.
Speaker 4: Collectively known as Breakfast Club.
Speaker 1: So I'm always.
Speaker 7: Nervous when I do the Breakfast Club because sometimes you say.
Speaker 8: Stuff and it's just gonna get you in trouble.
Speaker 2: Everybody.
Speaker 4: What Good morning usc.
Speaker 2: Yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo Charlemagne de God, Peace to the plane. It is today.
Speaker 6: We have our special guest host with us this morning, Laura Lauroe Sa.
Speaker 8: Good morning Lauren, Good morning, guys, Good morning Lauren.
Speaker 4: How y'all feeling this morning?
Speaker 2: Less black and Holly favored man?
Speaker 4: Lauren Retweet, retweet, retweet, Okay, I.
Speaker 8: Feel the same.
Speaker 2: Retweet.
Speaker 4: Happy Tuesday, Happy Tuesday.
Speaker 2: The day is a great day.
Speaker 4: That's right, it is.
Speaker 8: It wasn't raining that bad this morning.
Speaker 2: No, but it is. Uh, it is cold now.
Speaker 1: Mind you.
Speaker 9: We're broadcasting live from the Black Mothership in the Tri State area, you know what I'm saying, which is New York, New Jersey. So I'm sure Houston and Florida and South Carolina can't relate.
Speaker 4: But fall is hire. Yeah, fall is definitely here.
Speaker 2: Fall is here.
Speaker 4: You're supposed to rain all day today.
Speaker 6: The weather's been nasty the last couple of days in the Tri State area, which is New York, New Jersey, Connecticut, so it's gonna be more rain today. And I'm realizing that I think my wife and my daughter, my oldest daughter are color blind yesterday.
Speaker 2: It's not the first time it's happen. They think you're black.
Speaker 6: No, I am black, but every time. I'm not gonna say every time, but a lot of the times, I think my daughter doesn't know eight miles to empty, meaning the car might really be empty.
Speaker 8: Don't do that.
Speaker 4: She didn't see the yellow lights on.
Speaker 7: Not that it's okay, that is, it's not that we don't see it. It's just such a hassle. Well y'all, like, well, you can get your gas.
Speaker 4: Pumped for you, and yeah, Jersey, pump the gas.
Speaker 7: But I tell you right now, one thing I'm gonna do is pray all the way to where I'm going.
Speaker 10: Yeah.
Speaker 4: Well that's what my daughter did yesterday, and she ain't get there.
Speaker 7: And I'd be thinking I got triple A. My mom got me triple A for that reason.
Speaker 6: She called me yesterday and I sent her the voicemail because I was on the other line. And then she responded, called me now, so you know I'm nervous. Now hang bang up the phone. Where you're at, Dad?
Speaker 5: Now?
Speaker 2: She says this how she starts the conversation.
Speaker 6: It set eight miles to empty, Dad, It said eight miles to empty and home.
Speaker 4: It is four miles. I'm like, word, so you want to gamble?
Speaker 2: Why would you go home? Or she was gas?
Speaker 4: Well, I guess she was on her way home.
Speaker 6: It was like I figured out later, but eight miles.
Speaker 4: That's what I said.
Speaker 6: So she ran out of gas on the side of the gardess they parkway, right. So now she's nervous, right because she was like Dad caused her, you know, flying by. So now I gotta you gotta stop. You gotta go to gas.
Speaker 4: Stations.
Speaker 6: You gotta buy a gas head, you gotta put gas in it. Then you gotta get to her. So now I finally get to it. I let her go. But now that her call is so close to the side of the road, I can't even put gas in the in the gas kit, in the gas to because I'm like, I'm gonna hit by a call. So that's what you're supposed to call the police now on one what's your emergency on the side of Then I realized I really didn't know how to put the actual thing in the gas tape because if you haven't pump gas and so long exactly, so you got to figure that out. The cops laughing at me. People are driving My.
Speaker 8: People don't never done that.
Speaker 7: I mean, I get but see my mom got me triple A because I'm all the way out in LA And she used to be worried about that too, like you get on the highway and you go to work, and you literally will pray your way to work instead of.
Speaker 8: Stopping and getting gassed. But she tried to press a hassle.
Speaker 9: Well, let me tell you something else. Women just discovered the NFL because of Tailor Swift.
Speaker 8: What first of all, we didn't just discover it.
Speaker 7: And for black women, we been knew about it, but we we feel a little way because all.
Speaker 2: Travis Kelce women just discovered the NFL.
Speaker 8: Because Travis Kelce, it's the whole thing.
Speaker 2: You like him.
Speaker 8: I used to love him, But he not for us anymore?
Speaker 2: Isn't he white?
Speaker 10: Yes?
Speaker 7: But Taylor Swift basically she dismissed that whole Once you go black, you never go back. He went back, and now it's over for us. Now he didn't took the time's off and he got some other things.
Speaker 2: So you're not watching NFL no more.
Speaker 7: I was never watching it. If I was watching his Instagram, it's a whole thing. Okay, don't get me started.
Speaker 4: I've been on this all right.
Speaker 2: Well, Usher will be joining us this morning kicking. He's in Paris.
Speaker 6: He's in Paris right now, Speed of Football. He's in Paris right now for his residency. So he's you know, he's doing a residency in Paris.
Speaker 9: He's doing the halftime show of the Super Bowl in February.
Speaker 4: Yes, yes, So we're gonna be kicking with him in a little bit.
Speaker 6: And then we got front page news sessling figure will be joining us in the sex and don't go anywhere.
Speaker 4: It's the breakfast Club on be Et.
Speaker 2: There's so much going on here behind the scenes. Morning. Everybody is traut. Travis Kelsey, he let us down. Lauren is so hurt.
Speaker 4: Laura l Ross's our guest host lord.
Speaker 6: And let's get in some front page news. So, Lauren, have you been in that gentleman's DM before?
Speaker 1: Who?
Speaker 8: Travis Kelsey?
Speaker 2: Oh, you know what?
Speaker 6: If you know what I'm talking about, Lauren, tell the truth.
Speaker 7: It doesn't matter. There's an invisible factor of the DM. So whatever, it never happened. It never have been in the DM. It's never happened. And now he given the cop that turned the body cam off. He's not even looking the same no more.
Speaker 4: All right, let's jump.
Speaker 11: All right with the politician. I'm just gonna assume you've been in the d M. We're just gonna put it.
Speaker 6: Let's go with sports quickly. The Bengals beat the Rams last night nineteen sixteen. The Eagles beat the Buccaneers twenty five to a humbug? Why because your team loss? Now, let's jump right into these strikes. Uh, what's going on now?
Speaker 12: Yeah?
Speaker 4: Donald Trump?
Speaker 11: Yeah, they're both pulling up in Michigan this week, so that's gonna be interesting. As United Autoworkers continue striking this week, both President Joe Biden and former President Donald Trump are planning business to Michigan. Imagine if they went there at the same time, that would be really interesting. But today the President will be in Michigan to speak and support of the union.
Speaker 4: They even said he's going.
Speaker 11: To be on the picket line of DJ and ME, So it's gonna be interesting to see if he, you know, walks the picket line with them. And then Wednesday Trump will meet what about five hundred workers as well. Now, Donald Trump said he is going to skip the GOP debate for it that's Wednesday. I'm going to talk about that in the second hour. But he was gonna skip it anyway, but he said he's skipping it so that he can go be with the workers. There was also something interesting that happened on Friday. There was a fight that broke out. I don't know if you guys heard about that, but a couple pulled up, man and woman with kids in their car drove up and started shouting racial slurs at the folks who were striking. They got out and had a little fight and then got back in the car and drove off. So I thought that was really interesting. But I want you to take a listen to what some of the workers have had to say about their.
Speaker 13: Paid twenty five years ago. I was making twenty eight dollars and seventy eight cents an hour twenty five years ago. Today I make thirty two dollars an hour. Do the math on that a four dollars an hour increase in my hourly rate. In twenty five years, I.
Speaker 8: Make twenty five an hour. So if people make thirteen hour doing the same job, but we get.
Speaker 2: Paid last, and you'll never make that third.
Speaker 8: Will never make that thirty unless day in the tears.
Speaker 9: Well, listen, man, most Americans support of the auto workers strikes. So it's the smart thing to do for Biden and Trump to show up and support the workers. So it makes me wonder who the hell is advising Tim Scott? Who told Tim Scott it was.
Speaker 2: Getting ready to say everybody but Tim Scott.
Speaker 9: Everybody but Tim Scott supports the workers striking, Like who told him that was okay to say?
Speaker 11: Especially in Iowa, which is a blue collar town. And it's interesting charleam Mane. I wonder if they're going to bring that up at the debate. You know, I'm looking to see if that's going to be for sure one of the questions.
Speaker 6: And I see Donald Trump also said that he's not gonna be doing debates because he's already leading in the post, So why would he do it.
Speaker 2: He's been said that, right.
Speaker 11: Yeah, he said if he's not doing it because he got them ninety plus charges, you know, it's a smart thing to not do it, because the entire debate would be about you know that. Remember Chris Christy said he's gonna run up on him from here on out. If he didn't make it to this debate, he'll be following him all around. So we'll see if that's true. We're gonna talk about that more than a second hour as well.
Speaker 9: Also saw Donald Trump say that when he becomes president, he's looking for a revenge, which we already knew.
Speaker 2: Yes, but he said he made it simple and playing yesterday.
Speaker 9: I'm locking up all my political opponents, people like, people I don't like. I'm locking up for treeson Jesus, go ahead, Donald Trump, all right.
Speaker 4: Putting cases on all over, yes, right, all right, Well, that is front page.
Speaker 2: She knew it ain't funny, thank you.
Speaker 6: We'll see in a couple of minutes the reality that we laugh at everything.
Speaker 2: I got no choice at this point. We're just gonna laugh up.
Speaker 8: It's only funny. Are we live in a politically ghetto world? Like it's funny? Yes, it is funny.
Speaker 9: You're gonna have to find the humor in it because it ain't gonna be funny. And next year, I'll tell you that much. If things go the way it looks like they're gonna go.
Speaker 6: Get it off your chest eight undrink five eight five one oh five one. If you need to vent, phone lines to wide open again. Eight undrink five eight five one oh five one. Phone lines of wide open. Get it off your chest. It's the Breakfast Club. Good morning, the Breakfast Club.
Speaker 1: It's alewid.
Speaker 2: Is your time to get it off your check? Wait up, whether you're mad or black, it's time to get up and get something. Call up now.
Speaker 4: Eight hundred five eighty five one o five one. We want to hear from you on the Breakfast Club.
Speaker 2: Hello, who's this? And good morning?
Speaker 14: If you're blood, how you doing this morning?
Speaker 11: Hey?
Speaker 15: What up?
Speaker 14: Sewan? Stone.
Speaker 4: What's going on?
Speaker 14: Brother, golood brother, I can't learn how you doing this?
Speaker 8: I'm doing amazing. How are you, Lauren?
Speaker 14: Why are you still in love with Travis Kelsey Man?
Speaker 8: You know that what's coming from me?
Speaker 12: You know that white boy, he's stealing black people's black right, find a black man out here, you know.
Speaker 10: That, man?
Speaker 7: Yeah, I can find a black man. I think black man. But I just I don't know. It's just something about him. He's like the only one I would try. Oh yeah, yeah, well not anymore.
Speaker 1: I don't.
Speaker 2: I don't like.
Speaker 8: I don't like his haircut now, it's it's a little scared boy.
Speaker 14: Let him Let him be with Tiler swift Man.
Speaker 12: You know what I mean?
Speaker 14: White or white black for black man? You know?
Speaker 8: Yeah?
Speaker 1: His haircut man over there?
Speaker 2: Yeah, you know what's saying? Convincing man?
Speaker 7: Now, I'm just thinking about his haircut like it's given. He would say the wrong thing that Thanksgiving.
Speaker 14: Like I just listen, listen, Charlamagnet. Need to stop being upsets with my bread? All right? Oh god, then you get a wander from lord.
Speaker 9: Y'all got to stop believing everything. Y'all got to stop believing everything. Celebrities say, because it's so easy to spin, y'all. I told y'all yesterday, me and Drake playing this every time he drops an album.
Speaker 12: Charlom Man, you could tell other people that I don't believe I've been listening to thirteen years. Actually had a point. I put it on my TV on YouTube, y'all, go find me your youth, Charlotte.
Speaker 14: That's with Drake always.
Speaker 2: You shouldn't believe Charla Man. You shouldn't believe me because I'm lying.
Speaker 9: But once again, me and Drake playing this every time he puts an album out. Boy, he wants me to fake hate on his music even though I really don't like the song, but he wants me to hate on his music club and it brings the ten to the record.
Speaker 4: That's that's your story. You sticking with it.
Speaker 2: It's all over. It's on fad or failer put the headline out.
Speaker 8: I kind of talk about this today because I think there's a little something.
Speaker 1: See.
Speaker 8: Oh, sorry we were talking. I'm trying to get on a pay all the train my back.
Speaker 4: Hello, who's this Jesus?
Speaker 1: This is Uber Mike. Good morning, breakfast club Uber Mike.
Speaker 2: Off your chest?
Speaker 3: Okay, get off my chest. Okay, First I want to say, what's up. Good morning l L Bay Food Bay.
Speaker 1: Hey, good morning to Elowhare.
Speaker 14: Are you.
Speaker 8: I'm doing great. You've got me a.
Speaker 3: Couple of things real quick. So we got the we got to all the work of striking. We got the actors and writers striking. You don't want us drivers to start striking out here either. Ain't nobody gonna go nowhere.
Speaker 9: That's true. But the writer strike just came to a tentative end. The writer strike, right, yes, right.
Speaker 14: They're not the actors.
Speaker 3: And the last thing, charlamage.
Speaker 10: Uh.
Speaker 1: Jordan the welder.
Speaker 3: There always to push it for people to have her skill or trade. Can you guys have her on the show one day?
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's not bad. I don't I know Jordan got time. I don't even know whe Jordan lives at.
Speaker 4: I don't think bronx I thought she said. I thought she said the Bronx.
Speaker 3: I can get read of invite, get rid of invite.
Speaker 2: Mike where you from?
Speaker 14: I think she'd be a child.
Speaker 2: Mike where you from?
Speaker 3: I'm from Dallas.
Speaker 4: All I'm gonna be in Dallas this Saturday.
Speaker 1: Okay, yes, sir.
Speaker 9: I wouldn't have no problem doing that because you know, I think that's to encourage people to go to trade school. You know what I mean, Go go to trade school, learn the trade electric com an electrician or well the plumber, learn how to install.
Speaker 2: The trade school.
Speaker 7: Yeah, high school technology n legal administrative assistant secretary, not technically a secretary because as a legal administrative assistant, I mean no shade of secretaries. But you really get into documents and contracts, and I was supposed to go into trade.
Speaker 8: It is considered the trade.
Speaker 7: There are certain like technical things that you have to be certified for and then you can go on to work. Have friends that like literally just went on with life after high school and they lived good lives and the.
Speaker 2: Living great lives.
Speaker 7: My brother did, I think he did an electrical engineering.
Speaker 4: Electrical engineering age. Well, that's a lot of money.
Speaker 8: My mom didn't play about that.
Speaker 2: My mom did not play anything with cause never go broke.
Speaker 6: Get it off your chest eight hundred and five eight five one oh five one. If you need to vent, hit us up now. It's the Breakfast Club. Good morning, the Breakfast Club. This is your time to get it off your chest. Eight hundred and five eight five one five one. We want to hear from you on the breakfast club.
Speaker 2: Hello, who's this?
Speaker 16: That is Lucky?
Speaker 1: What's up Lucky chest?
Speaker 2: How are you sir?
Speaker 14: Going off?
Speaker 16: I'm doing all right?
Speaker 1: How y'all doing good?
Speaker 2: Black and housing table?
Speaker 14: All right? So I want to get you off my chest.
Speaker 12: Man.
Speaker 16: I've been dealing with a situation for.
Speaker 5: A while now.
Speaker 16: I haven't been getting able to see my son. Man, it's been bout eight years. The first six years I was kind of off and on seeing them.
Speaker 14: But he's sixteen now and it's termed.
Speaker 2: You know, why haven't you been able to see him? Your baby mama been keeping them, keeping them from you.
Speaker 16: Well, she would say that she hasn't been keeping him from me per se, but she's just been making it hard for us to meet halfway. She got married, so after she got married, it's kind of been like, you know, she got her family, so you know it's like whatever, O your dad, I'm not there. She consold my son about it. But if you really want to console him, then.
Speaker 2: Just meet up.
Speaker 16: Have a so we can meet up and I can get him for a summer.
Speaker 2: You know why you don't take her as the court man.
Speaker 16: I ain't had the money to do that. And then just not wanting to put her through that, I just kind of let it go on.
Speaker 4: But your son's age when you could call him directly though, he said he's sixteen, right.
Speaker 16: Yeah, And when I call him this kind of monitor, you know, every every since he's been little, time I talked to him to a bigger phone, or when I say something his mom's around, it's like we don't have no kind of connection because I feel like she felt sheltered up.
Speaker 9: Right, And that's scared because when he turned eighteen, he'll be able to make his own decisions.
Speaker 2: Man, But you've already missed so much of his formative years. You're not even gonna know who that young man is, right, Yeah, but he might know what.
Speaker 16: And I just want to say that it's crazy that y'all picked up this morning because I always try to get do a little a little things, but it's just been saying that's been bothering me again. And I hope that he hears this, But I hope that he knows that I love him and that I want to see him. And I can't wait until he turns eighteen and able to make his own decisions because the conversations between us and very dry. Wow, it's like, yes, sir, okay, I could tell he's not opening up because he doesn't have that provacy.
Speaker 9: And you don't even know what's being sad about you when you're not around, So you know, he could be he could be being brainwashed about his father.
Speaker 2: And you know what, the kind of relationship my father wants with him.
Speaker 16: And I want to say, this manipulation is that his finest over there, because I mean, she told me she shows them messages of what I've told her. You know, he could have been a heat of argument. Now you're showing the kid messages and what I said. You trying to show him that, oh, this is time he treats me.
Speaker 14: That's not right.
Speaker 7: Just keep trying, though, Like I will say, I keep trying. Me and my dad didn't actually meet each other until I was thirteen, and it was a little weird for a long time. But the fact that he kept trying, and even now we don't have the best relationship, but I know I can always call him. It makes me want to call him and feel bad when I don't keep trying, because that's going to mean a lot to him.
Speaker 14: I'm gonna keep trying.
Speaker 2: Good luck, brother.
Speaker 14: I appreciate it.
Speaker 6: Get it off your chests. Eight hundredk five eight five one five one. Now we got rooms on the way, Lauren, give us little taste.
Speaker 8: Yes we do.
Speaker 7: We're gonna get into all of the Drake records that were set by slamming you out following the conversation that we had in here the other day.
Speaker 6: Oh wow, I did my job. You shut up, man. We'll get into it next. It's the Breakfast Club to job planning work the Breakfast Club.
Speaker 2: Morning.
Speaker 6: Everybody's Steed j env charlomagnea god, we are the Breakfast Club. We got our special guest host, laur On la Rosa with us this morning.
Speaker 9: That's trying to slew to all the women who just discovered the NFL because of Taylor Swift.
Speaker 7: Oh my god, you're not about to do that to me every time. Yesterday it was Delaware to It's the NFL. I've known about the NFL.
Speaker 2: Taylor Swift is gonna make all these women Chiefs fans the way dionn has made all of us Colorado fans.
Speaker 4: What's your favorite team?
Speaker 8: I don't have a favorite team.
Speaker 7: I just always the Chiefs. I mean not anymore. They're not my favorite team anymore. Why not we talked about this. I just feel like there was a certain level of respect that was violated, and it just reminds me again and again.
Speaker 2: They mad that Travis dumped the black woman for the white woman. That's what this is.
Speaker 9: On the just Say It, Laurence Say It, Patrick mahone one, Travis Kelsey.
Speaker 2: And Taylors with Let's get.
Speaker 8: From I think a lot of people will recognize the voice in the name.
Speaker 2: On the Breakfast Club Lauren came in hot.
Speaker 8: So this is crazy.
Speaker 7: Yesterday we had a conversation here about Drake and the slime you out song and Charlamne. You said that you were lying about being on Drake's team and being part of the rollout and all that stuff.
Speaker 2: You should believe me even when I'm lying.
Speaker 8: Laura, What in the man's plaining is that.
Speaker 2: You should believe me even when I'm lying.
Speaker 8: I mean, listen, I kind of believe it.
Speaker 7: So after we had this conversation, Granted, when we talked about it, we had mentioned that Drake was set to yeah to the number one. I feel like that conversation yesterday sped that process up. When I left here, everything was Drake, Drake, Drake, Drake, Drake, Drake.
Speaker 8: Drake in that song.
Speaker 7: Now this morning, I took a nap yesterday and woke up and he was number one. And now he is tying Madonna for the fifth most number one hits in the Hot one hundred history.
Speaker 4: Wow, he beat Michael Jackson.
Speaker 7: Right, Yeah, So Drake's slammed you out featuring Scissor Swords at number one. The collaboration is his twelfth Hot one hundred lead leading song, tying him for the fifth most in the list history. In Scissors second, No, he's one song away from tying Michael Jackson for most number one number ones by male soloist.
Speaker 2: Well, it's Drake and Sissors.
Speaker 9: People's curiosity is gonna make them go scream the record in the of course, radio was going to play the hell out of it.
Speaker 2: We played it every hour on now when it dropped, regardless of how people feel about the record. But you know, look, the moral of the story is, once again, the plan worked. I did my job.
Speaker 8: How much do you get paid?
Speaker 2: Don't worry about all that.
Speaker 9: But I told y'all yesterday that Drake and I play these things every time he dropped. Certain records he wants me to hate on them because all noise is great noise nowadays. And I told y'all to play, but nobody believed me because I'm lying. But you should believe me even when I'm lying.
Speaker 7: Cat, Are you looking for an intern on the Drake side? Is it a paid internship?
Speaker 2: I said, enough, Cat, I'm lying. I am not lying. I'm just saying I'm lying.
Speaker 8: Something here worked because that song was.
Speaker 4: Not It was going to number one regardless it.
Speaker 8: I just feel like.
Speaker 7: I even played it a couple of times yesterday and I didn't even know why.
Speaker 2: I told you to play. But you know, nobody believed me because I'm lying. But you should believe me even when I'm lying.
Speaker 6: Cat, I was like the Beyonce challenge right there. It just got quiet for a second.
Speaker 7: But ahead, Okay, So we're going to move on to something that you've been talking about home warning because it is very near and dear to my heart? Or was I released this in the name of all of the gods because I cannot go through this? So Taylor Swift, she was at the Arrowhead Stadium. She was there to see the Chiefs.
Speaker 8: Play on Sunday.
Speaker 2: Don't act like you don't love your snow king.
Speaker 7: Just him, honestly, just him, like it was only him from That's what I'm saying. I feel like I feel like black women have like set white men that we would like kind of figure.
Speaker 2: Try it a little bit with, Oh, Travis kel one of them.
Speaker 7: Travis Kelce was one of them, and Justin, Justin Timberlake was one of them. Really, yeah, I think we let Justin go after the Janet stuff.
Speaker 2: That are you supposed to be telling these black women's secrets?
Speaker 8: I didn't we talk about this all the time on Twitter? You just are not there?
Speaker 2: Yeah do Twitter?
Speaker 8: Yeah? Okay, you also don't do you not hear black women either.
Speaker 2: I've never heard them talk about their lustful white men.
Speaker 8: It's not a US.
Speaker 7: It's just like if we had to go there, and you know, not everybody wants to.
Speaker 8: These are people that we think are.
Speaker 2: I have a bunch of black women in Lawrence speak for yourself.
Speaker 7: No, there are a lot of black women that thought that Travis Kelsey was very attractive. But this whole Teler Taylor Swift think, can we can.
Speaker 2: We turn it stop?
Speaker 11: For you?
Speaker 2: Make her cry? What y'all stop?
Speaker 1: Okay?
Speaker 2: We ast the white King, Come on, it was not.
Speaker 8: It was like a crush.
Speaker 7: We are not bringing this song back.
Speaker 2: Tell us about your snow King.
Speaker 8: I got I feel like I got to talk in a low voice for this. So the twelve time Grammy Woman and singer Taylor Swift showed up at this game. And when she showed up at the game, y'all, it went from an NFL football game to a Swifties concert. Who everybody and we were watching the game the game.
Speaker 2: I can't give a damn by no Tailor Swift being there.
Speaker 7: Do we have the audio of Patrick Mahomes the uh non? Okay, Well I can describe it because I don't even watch the reporters at the football games because there's nothing for me to I don't even know what they're talking about. Oh my god, So Patrick Mahomes is they're talking about the game, and he's asked if he fell under pressure because Taylor Swift was there and the Swifties are watching, and I'm like, what has happened here?
Speaker 1: Now?
Speaker 9: America is obsessed with celebrity. We have an unhealthy obsession with celebrities.
Speaker 8: America.
Speaker 7: Entry was Kelsey because he didn't look at your heart. It wasn't that deep. But you know, I just if I ever had to go there, I thought that, you know.
Speaker 9: He imagine being Patrick Mahoon is one of the best players in the NFL, and they actually all the time Super Bowl champion MVP. You didn't put all his work in on the football field, and they're gonna ask you if your motivation was tailor Goddamn.
Speaker 7: He leaned in though, he said, I wanted to get the ball to him just as much as the Swifties wanted me to.
Speaker 8: He know what's up.
Speaker 4: They're called the Swifties.
Speaker 7: Yes, you don't know about the I'm not a part of them. No, there's nothing wrong with the people that are though. But yeah, let's move on.
Speaker 9: Report on your snow king saying he'll break up with you if you don't let him hit after the third day.
Speaker 8: That was in my twenty Sixteen't.
Speaker 2: Nobody who don't grown?
Speaker 4: People can grow?
Speaker 2: All right? People can grow, of course they can.
Speaker 6: That is your rumor report all right. Now, when we come back, Tesslim figure.
Speaker 9: I ain't never seen nothing like that in my life, oh my god, man.
Speaker 6: And then Usher will be joining us in a couple of minutes as well, So don't move Okay.
Speaker 8: I don't know.
Speaker 2: This is crazy where doctor Umar, you need an.
Speaker 8: Y'all know what y'all know what can mess me up?
Speaker 7: I do, I might need to talk to doctor put on the Thames and I was just like, whoa is this snow king?
Speaker 2: And some times drove you crazy.
Speaker 8: It messed my whole life up.
Speaker 2: Jesus crazy, doctor patient.
Speaker 8: He had a butter strung upright, I'm back, all right.
Speaker 4: It's the Breakfast Slow, good morning, the Breakfast Club.
Speaker 2: Your mornings will never be the same.
Speaker 6: Everybody is j Envy. Y'alla mean the guy. We are the Breakfast Club. We have Laura Laosi here, and let's get in some front page news. Start up quickly before as the last night, the Bagles beat the Rams nineteen sixteen, The Eagles beat the Buccaneers twenty five eleven.
Speaker 2: Ball humbug.
Speaker 9: I don't like to see any NFC East team win when my NFC East team loses. Okay, so go Cowboys could get care less about the Eagles.
Speaker 2: All right, You're still not going to the Super Bowl, but you'll see Good.
Speaker 11: Morning, Test, good morning, dj E, good morning Lauren, Good morning, Charlemagne.
Speaker 2: The God. Good morning. Let's jump right in let's talk about this second Republican debate.
Speaker 11: Yeah, Wednesday, with just tomorrow, six Republican candidates will battle it out again at the second presidential debate, a televised event marked once again will mark the absence of Donald Trump. Said he's not showing up, which he's been saying that all along. Now the former president remains dominant over the rest of those in the field, with a margin of more than forty points. That's a big margin. So he's still in the league despite you know, everything going on with President Trump, and you know, in the calm world, there's something, you know, do no harm. So if he him stepping out, if it's if the debate's not gonna help him, there's no point in doing it, and certainly it could hurt him. So I guess his team has said, you know, just stay away from it, even though I kind of was looking forward to the entertainment, to be quite honest with you. But but he's not gonna be a part of it now. The six candidates who will be there will be Rond De Santis, by Back Ramasami, Nikki Hayley, Mike Pince, Tim Scott, and Chris Christy No, Larry No Larry for Little Larry wasn't able to make it for the second time. I guess I just didn't do the hard work to get on the stage, man.
Speaker 2: That's all. And so that's the only way to beat the system. Work hard.
Speaker 1: It's work hard for yourself. About the bootstraps.
Speaker 11: Now, for those who did make it, who did work hard, they had to receive at least three percent in two national polls or a combination of one national polls two statewide poles. They also needed to get fifty thousand visual campaign donors and then sign the pledge. So imagine you know one thing about it, the comment caucus. I tell them all the time, the comment cau becuse they don't vote. They also don't donate. None of that stuff matters. You can post a thousand comments, but at the end of the day, if you are not getting behind your candidate, this is what happens the result of that.
Speaker 9: I just don't understand what these Republican debates are doing.
Speaker 2: Because Donald Trump's lead is so wide.
Speaker 8: You know what I'm saying, You get on Twitter and react because they're gonna have they're gonna talk about him.
Speaker 2: So yeah, I wonder what I just wonder what the goal is for these candidates? Are these you know, like, what is the goal for them in these debates? What do they hope to gain from this, because don't seem like this will ever be.
Speaker 11: A lead a positioning of a VP position, you know, So two things. One be considered as vice president to continue to spread the message being disruptive candidate, which is, you know, get your message out knowing you don't have a chance in hell. So I think what I'm looking forward to between Rama Sami and Nikki Hayley, that should be a pretty good exchange.
Speaker 8: And I want to see it.
Speaker 11: Chris Christy's gonna kind step but he kind of fell back, took a fell back a little bit to me during the last debate, and I'm gonna see a Pence, you know, if he wants to continue to bring a little bit of smoke. So yeah, they're just vying for a position or a cabinet position if Trump will win.
Speaker 8: That's that's their only goal.
Speaker 2: I enjoyed Chris christ I enjoyed it. Yeah, I enjoyed him and Nikki Heley.
Speaker 11: Yeah, I definitely enjoyed Nicki Heley. But I just thought Chris Christy kind of fell back a little bit, you know he was. He was a lot more aggressive in previous debates. So we'll see.
Speaker 4: Then let's talk about this new California bill.
Speaker 11: Yeah, I wonder how many of you build feel comfortable with trucks being driven by basically nobody, no human. California governor knew Some has vetold a bill to require human drivers on board self driving trucks now, a measure that union leaders and truck drivers said would save thousands of jobs in the state. The legislation that was voted in has banned driving trucks weighing more than ten thousand pounds, ranging from ups delivery drivers some massive big rigs, from operating on public road unless a human driver is on board.
Speaker 8: Now.
Speaker 11: The California Labor Federation said that driver list trucks are dangerous. I would agree, and called newsomce Veto shocking. She estimates that removing drivers would cost a quarter million jobs in the state. So are you guys comfortable with big rigs driving themselves?
Speaker 8: No?
Speaker 4: No, I still think you need a human in there.
Speaker 6: But I mean people who have those teslas that have so driving testas they love it. They say that it get them home, it's safe when they're tired, so I don't have a problem with it, But a human has to be in there as well.
Speaker 8: But there's tons of crashes in those teslas too, in lawsuits because of the crashes.
Speaker 2: And no, yeah, I don't think we should leave anything that just the robots.
Speaker 9: I think there should always be some type of human supervision in control of these these trucks, because, for example, you know what I'm saying, What if a truck that's just got a robot is careening off the road?
Speaker 2: Correct? You know what I mean?
Speaker 4: Like, as I said, a human has to be in there with it.
Speaker 2: Who's going to stop that?
Speaker 9: Like if a guy a woman is driving the truck and they fall asleep for a second, they starts think and wake up and get back to it, Like, what's gonna stop the robot from just running over you?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 4: So I said, the human has to be in And I know in some of.
Speaker 6: The teslas you actually have to touch the steering wheel every I guess like two minutes to make sure that somebody's actually there.
Speaker 8: I get this carry y'all.
Speaker 2: How the hell can I get good sleep long?
Speaker 4: But it's kind of like you know, and I know planes don't have as much traffic.
Speaker 6: But you know, most of the planes are all the pilot the whole way, as long as there's a you know, a pilot in there as well.
Speaker 2: Two in there, sometimes three and three sometimes three.
Speaker 8: I've never seen three room in there.
Speaker 2: For three when they're doing training. I don't know.
Speaker 8: I've never heard of before. So he was looking at something though, was insane for no reason. I was, I never heard of three people.
Speaker 7: I've never I've heard of two in like a US marshall on board sometimes when three.
Speaker 2: I'm looking at it right now.
Speaker 9: When three pilots get in one plane, one of them is the captain who flies the plane. The second is the co pilot of the first officer. The third pilot is the flight enginet is. His job is the check equipment, engines, and mechanical information.
Speaker 2: During the flight. Never heard that, and I was, you don't be paying attention.
Speaker 8: I had to pay. I flew for Delta.
Speaker 9: She wasn't a good one because she never see three polis in the cockpit. But the reason I'll be knowing that because I'll be giving the police gift cards on long flight.
Speaker 2: Why why not see? Did you heard what you just said?
Speaker 7: No, I'm just wondering, like, what's you always have an end game? I'm just wondering, what.
Speaker 2: Is that these people we're trusting them with our lives.
Speaker 8: Yeah, I appreciate that.
Speaker 9: Like we're getting on a plane and we're flying overseas for hours, of flying cross country for hours. Give a pile of the Starbucks card, do you.
Speaker 2: I've never tipped the flight attendant give them. They don't take anything.
Speaker 3: I tried.
Speaker 2: You have never done that for fighting.
Speaker 4: I tried before us. There we can't take it, sirt Yep.
Speaker 8: That's what they're supposed to say.
Speaker 2: Really, Yeah, I was.
Speaker 7: In and out for eight months and I took all my tips.
Speaker 9: Wow, And I'm looking at wired three policies in the cockpit. One important reason they say it's safety redundancy.
Speaker 8: I've never heard of free times whatever.
Speaker 11: I just I just don't know the reaction time that somebody would really have to, you know, be able to when you jump in the passenger you know, jump in the driver's seat real quick and make you know, like.
Speaker 2: You stay in the driver seat. So you sitting in the drivers Oh you do, okay?
Speaker 6: You sitting the drives like you know, like playing, you stay in the coffee You're staying in the driver's seat.
Speaker 4: But it just they have all these.
Speaker 6: Types of senses that's supposed to protect you see things that you can't see, you know, like even like even some of these cars now, I mean, you drive some of these cars now and you get too close your car gonna stop, it jerks your neck.
Speaker 1: Pause.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Okay, I learned something new.
Speaker 11: But so then what's the point I guess if they'm driving, if you're still technically driving like Charltaune's, But how am I gonna get me sleep?
Speaker 14: Like?
Speaker 7: What's I guess it's kind of like cruise control where this makes it a little easier. I don't want anybody going to sleep in any moving.
Speaker 11: Like I'm cool with driving myself, and I damn sure don't want to be next to a big rig.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 9: Yeah, I don't understand how folks, you know, complain about AI and robots taking over.
Speaker 2: If we're just gonna relinquish power like that, you should more.
Speaker 9: Relinquished power, like it should always be human supervision over these things.
Speaker 4: All right, Well that is front page news.
Speaker 2: I thank you, tis no problem, Thanks Mane.
Speaker 9: Make sure you subscribe to Tesla Figuos podcast The Great Shot No chase of podcasts on the Black Effect. iHeart Radio podcast Network and follow at Teslin figure out on all social media platforms, and.
Speaker 6: I guess they're basing that off of, you know, the crashes due to self driven and crashes without people having self driven, people being tired, sleepy and all that compared to.
Speaker 7: Like they said, the planes are like the most like it's one of the most safest LANs of transportation.
Speaker 4: But we'll not that much all right now.
Speaker 2: When we come back, Usher will be joining us.
Speaker 6: He's in Paris right now doing his Paris residency, but it was just announced that he's going to be doing the Super Bowl. So we're gonna chop it up with Usher when we come back, So don't move. It's the Breakfast Club come morning, the Breakfast.
Speaker 2: Club owning Everybody's dj n V Charlamaine de God.
Speaker 4: We are the Breakfast Club.
Speaker 6: We got Laura La Rosa hanging out with us this morning, our special guest co host, and.
Speaker 2: We got the icon legend on the line. Right now, ladies and gentlemen, I.
Speaker 10: Shall ay are you feeling, brother man, I'm feeling up right now. I'm feeling blessed, feeling blessed.
Speaker 9: Congratulations super Bowl halftime show. I feel like the culture collectively was calling for this.
Speaker 2: Yep. I feel like we've been saying this for months.
Speaker 10: Thank you, man, affirmations do come true, right, Thank you guys for wanting it for me. Thanks for each and every person that prayed, you know what I'm saying, and so too, you know, just talked about it. Maybe it was just putting it in the air that you know, the super Bowl would decide to come to Vegas because I was there.
Speaker 1: I'm just gent.
Speaker 10: With for real, man, I have you know, have heard, you know, the conversations and the idea that you know, I would be able to play the super Bowl.
Speaker 1: So now it's the reality.
Speaker 10: Crazy jay Z calls me at what six o'clock in the morning. I'm barely just waking up, just the first news I get of the day. He's like, Yo, this is your Michael moment, this ship Magic moment. I'm like, are you serious?
Speaker 1: He's like yeah. So I look over at Jin I'm like, yo, it's Jay Get telling me I got it no way, And then the background you hear him way. It was so gangster.
Speaker 9: You know what I'm saying, How long have you known this is going to happen because you said so Ja just called you or you knew this is in the air.
Speaker 10: Jay.
Speaker 1: When I first got the news, I was in Atlanta. Yo. The craziest part man, trying to oldest you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 10: And not tell my kids who were also too on me, like Dad, you should play the Super Bowl.
Speaker 1: I'm telling you who I need to call?
Speaker 10: You know what I mean, the online asking or talking if you I'm like, hey, man, just maybe pray about it. You know what I'm saying, Like if you put it in put it in the eighth you know what I'm saying, Maybe to come back. I'm knowing, but I can't tell them, you know. So it was about a week and a half of just holding that secret. I felt like I was having a conversation in the war room and you can't tell the rest of the world what's.
Speaker 4: Going on now? That was on your bucket list?
Speaker 1: You said, it has always been on my bucket list.
Speaker 9: Yeah, since Michael, I bet you, since you saw Michael Jackson do it back in the day.
Speaker 1: Absolutely, he's the one who.
Speaker 5: Yo.
Speaker 10: By the way, Michael has paved the way for all of us.
Speaker 1: You know what I'm saying to be able to see what he did with this moment.
Speaker 10: Starts it, and then to understand what Prince did with this moment ignites it to notice. So many legendary artists have been in a position, from you know what I'm saying, you too, Coldplay, you know, Beyonce Brunomo, so many incredible artists have been able to service that moment.
Speaker 1: I really do feel like I'm built for this.
Speaker 10: I feel like the music catalog that I've been able to build obviously speaks to it. But the entertainer that I am for that moment and the fact that I'm in my new home, you know what I'm saying, not in my Vegas residency, but also to Lovers and Friends festival, and it's like, why not have a crescendo?
Speaker 1: I think it was perfectly time.
Speaker 10: I'm a praying man, you know what I mean, And I actually I put this up in the air. I prayed about it. If it was intended to happen, then it will find its way to me. And it did, and I'm not I'm not going to disappoint. I'll tell you that much.
Speaker 7: Did you go to Vegas starting with Lovers and Friends and then going into the residency, saying like, Okay, if we do all this now it's here, the super Bowl is going to be next. Like was that like a you put that out there knowing that this would come.
Speaker 10: Yeah, no affirmations, like literally deciding that I was going to move in a certain way to take like some sense of ownership of a space.
Speaker 14: You know.
Speaker 10: I feel like in the past being able to do that in Atlanta, Like, yeah, I'm originally from chattan ne Vi, Tennessee, but I was raised in Atlanta, and Atlanta raised the artist that I am. Atlanta raised the man that I am. Atlanta raised the person and the creative that I am. And I was able to do that in Las Vegas. So I started with a residency, opening a show when we were just coming out of the pandemic, the first show to open in the world, not just the United States of America, but Yo, we were coming out of a pandemic and people were afraid.
Speaker 2: Yo.
Speaker 10: Bringing that energy back in that started it, and then staying in Las Vegas a long long enough for them to decide, Okay, we're gonna have the Super Bowl in Las Vegas. So I'm like, I'm staying here.
Speaker 2: I brought my.
Speaker 10: Festival, you know, lovers and friends to Vegas. I was like, I'm staying here. I'm gonna put my flag down here. This is my new space, this is my home. I feel like I get to do all of the things that I've always wanted to do and progress and just be creative. And since then, there's just been more and more things that have just really worked to my benefit. But again, I'm a praying man, and I appreciate the fact that God has allowed this to happen.
Speaker 1: I appreciate each and every person that I know said a prayer for me.
Speaker 10: I can tell you my grandmother before she passed, she said a prayer. And this is a very strong praying woman. So I know that my grandmother, she's in heaven, and she gonna have the best seat in the house, being able to look down and see this happen.
Speaker 1: My nanny gonna.
Speaker 10: They're gonna be up there, My Grandpapa's gonna be up there looking at this and join it.
Speaker 1: They got the best seats in the house.
Speaker 6: Now you got the difficult task. Now, because now this is the difficult task. You got two things. Now, you got to bring Atlanta to the Super Bowl. So do you bring roller skates. Do you bring strip club? Do you bring cars? And then you got so many records into thirteen minutes.
Speaker 8: Are you bringing the stripper from the Vegas the one that comes down in like claps and I don't know her name when I can show you the show? Are you bringing her at school?
Speaker 2: I might walk to.
Speaker 8: School for insist.
Speaker 10: Let me tell you some You know what I do in Vegas, So listen. It ain't nothing with the lights, baby, and that's what we're gonna do. We're gonna bring the lights. We're gonna bring the lights out. I can't give you too much. I'll tell you this.
Speaker 1: The ideas that are swarming. You know.
Speaker 10: You obviously know all the people that I work with in my life and my career musically, you know the people that I respect and have collaborated with.
Speaker 1: I'm thinking of all of that. I'm thinking of making.
Speaker 10: Certain that the world understands the legacy that is my career, not just the moment, but the legacy, the connection, the ideas, and the nuance. You know what I'm saying. If it is a little bit of what Atlanta is, if it's a lot of bit of what my life has been in terms of my experience. But I'm playing the hits and I'm gonna definitely bring something that's gonna leave you. It's gonna leave you shocked. You're gonna you're gonna remember this moment, remember for the positivity. You're gonna remember this moment, for the idea and the History're gonna remember this moment for all of the people that I feel like I stand on the shoulders off. You're gonna remember this moment for the fact that it inspired me to see them have their moment and now gonna have mine.
Speaker 9: Tell us, tell us the meaning of the commercial lesher and why it was important for you to tap into your younger self.
Speaker 1: Like that younger self, what's what you're talking about? Man, I'm still here.
Speaker 2: You definitely not you definitely not agent. But that was that was that was the younger version of us.
Speaker 10: Now you have to So by the way, uh, you know, we went around and around about how we would approach this. Another really great benefit is the twentieth anniversary and celebration of Confessions. So it would be great opportunity to take a little bit of something that people would instantly identify with and play with it. And I felt like the social engagement because it really it really was fun.
Speaker 1: How the something that I saw my fans.
Speaker 10: Engage using, you know, using it for me, and I'm like, Yo, this is something that I think is going to activate the world, and also to it to continue to engage them, because I want other people to do it as well. You know, I want other people to do their own versions of that conversation.
Speaker 2: You know what I'm saying, why Dion and Kim.
Speaker 10: I mean, I think that you know, the dynamic of who I am and what I have offered is span wide. I think that you know Dion and what he represents as a story that has continuously continued to dig himself from where he has been. Rather it was health, or rather it was life, or rather it was the pivot of being an amazing athlete and then becoming a coach. I felt like there was a story there to be told and I wanted to support that, and I wanted him to do it. I had to ask if he would do it, and he volunteered and say, yeah, I would love to be a part of that.
Speaker 1: I felt like it was for the culture in that way.
Speaker 10: Kim Kim is a good friend, and I felt like it would definitely be fun. Marshawn Lynch was just once again another one moment for the culture.
Speaker 1: You know what I'm saying. And Dale Beckham, you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 10: It was just a matter of just continuing to keep the right energy and all the right people.
Speaker 1: There were a ton of things that I've talked about and.
Speaker 10: A ton of things that are gonna happen any given Sunday that leads up to the actual big Sunday performance. So it ain't done. You're gonna see more. I actually, you know, pre ordered and put on pre order my album. So there's a lot of a lot of levels to what I'm doing with this entire moment between now and February eleventh.
Speaker 2: All right, when we come back, let's get into an usher mini mix.
Speaker 6: It's the Breakfast Club. Good Morning, This morning everybody. It's DJ n V, Charlamagne the Guide. We are the Breakfast Club and Lauren La Rosa's our special gains Hold.
Speaker 7: Now, there were the dating rumors with you and Kim Kardashian because she came to the show so many times and people were like, what the heck is going on?
Speaker 8: You weren't afraid to lean intoday.
Speaker 1: I forgot it.
Speaker 7: I mean because when I saw it, I said, oh, this is smart, Like I thought you were playing into that whole. Like people were like, how did this friend ship even come about? Why did she keep going to the show If.
Speaker 10: You listen to it, Basically she told you I've seen the show two times and that's why she could give the news because she actually knows. But nah, it's a great show man. Vegas has brought out a lot of people, not just Cam. We're talking about Helle Barry, you know what I'm saying. We're talking about Zendia, We're talking about Gabrielle.
Speaker 1: Union, who was in the house last night here in Paris. You know what I'm saying. This thing is about an energy.
Speaker 10: This thing is about making certain that people celebrate that legacy every night. And I'm happy, you know that our friendship allowed her to be a part of it and that.
Speaker 1: We can do something fun and social.
Speaker 6: You know, I don't know if you heard, but you know, Charlemagne and I actually going out to Vegas to see your show now coming in October.
Speaker 4: Not but we're going to see it.
Speaker 6: And we joked on the air that says, if you sing to our women, we're gonna grab your other hand.
Speaker 4: We all singing together, all of us, we.
Speaker 1: Would come to five heart beat, the three heart beats. That's what we're going for. Let's go on three, one, two. I got nothing, but.
Speaker 2: You know I brings up a good pointment to steal your girl.
Speaker 9: You're not gonna be able to steal anybody's girl from the super Bowl stage. You don't know that because you won't be that close to the crowd.
Speaker 2: So how do you plan to terrorize people's relationship to the super Bowl.
Speaker 1: I think you gave me the phrase the domestic terrorists. I think you did.
Speaker 10: So who coined the phrase? Oh my god, you're crazy man. It's gonna be a night yo. By the way, my Vegas residency is specifically what it is, and my performance at the super Bowl will specifically.
Speaker 4: Be what it is.
Speaker 1: But I will tell you I'm not miss stilling your girl.
Speaker 10: You know what I'm saying. That's Tray songs. I'm the guy who tells you don't leave you.
Speaker 2: Don't leave your girl around me.
Speaker 1: You should come with your girl, you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 8: That's no guilt.
Speaker 7: You know you don't feel bad at all when you see like the Kiki Palmer situations on fold like there's no guilt.
Speaker 1: Whatsoever with the guilty that I actually had a great show.
Speaker 8: No, it's fun, but like it just costs.
Speaker 1: So you haven't seen my show yet, Okay, No, actually I.
Speaker 2: Did first class.
Speaker 1: I was there.
Speaker 7: I think it was a second show you did. Shout out to your team, it was an amazing experience. I tell everybody that your show is amazing. I know it's all fun, but I'm just saying there's so much that stemmed from that. Once it happened with Kiki, I'm like, dang, Like does she get like, hey you good call after like what happens?
Speaker 1: No, I mean not only did we get a good good call, we shot a video too. In the idea was good attention, Yeah, it was. It was.
Speaker 10: It was to bring good attention to it, good intention and attention. I think that we live in a sensational time. We live very two D. You know what I'm saying. Life is one D, two D, three D, and I think we live in a two D space. So the idea of what this is man was just about fun and just enjoying you know, that moment and not missing it because you.
Speaker 2: Gotta stop stop. They did a whole Boondocks episode about you.
Speaker 10: Okay, don't you know they did that way before I was in Vegas.
Speaker 2: Just so clear reputation you've been doing this Usher.
Speaker 1: It's a it's a good thing though. It's good. Huge relationships live. You know what I'm saying. You gotta do your part. You know what I'm saying, do your parts, bro, That's why we.
Speaker 6: Grabbing your hand when you start singing. When we get out there, I'm gonna hand too.
Speaker 1: Thank you for telling me. I now know exactly who I'm singing to you.
Speaker 8: Now they're gonna come, but just then too, in a circle.
Speaker 4: Now Diddy and j D is supposed to do this versus right now? You work with Diddy, you work with JD.
Speaker 6: How do you stand on that? And are we ever gonna get an usher versus? It's not You know what, I've said this a million times.
Speaker 9: There's only like two maybe three people's catalogs you can't do nothing with, and Usher is one of them.
Speaker 2: Russia got nuclear weapons. You brushed by it earlier when you were just like, oh my musical catalog. Nah, bro, your catalog is different.
Speaker 9: You got nuclear weapons, can't There's only one person I think could even stand there with you.
Speaker 2: Mary J. Blide, And that's it. That's it. Yeah, that's it, that's it.
Speaker 10: I appreciate your vote of confidence. Bro, I do Yeah, I got war hits.
Speaker 1: Let me just say this and Diddy, my brothers, you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 10: And I think that entire the whole process is about the celebration of legacy. We got two of men together who have contributed something incredible to my life as an artist. So I'm celebrated both of them. You know what I'm saying. I don't have a dog in the fight. I just know you got two dogs getting ready to fight.
Speaker 2: That's what I know. When we come back, we got more with us this morning.
Speaker 4: Everybody.
Speaker 6: It's DJ n V Charlomagne to God. We are the Breakfast Club and Laura Rosa is our special guest hosts.
Speaker 2: Charlomagne, you know you said you said something.
Speaker 9: We introduced you at the iHeart Living Black Thing, yep, and we introduced you and you was like, yo, man, I kind of want you all to do that over because y'all introduced me and said I worked with a lot of icons, and you was like, but I am an icon and I said to myself, Yo, he's right, Yeah, absolutely, And I remember having a conversation with Dreaming. Me and dream We're just talking about how we got to preserve certain people's legacies. How as an icon, because you are you're a musical icon, undisputed. How do we preserve legacies like yourself while y'all are still active. I don't want to wait until you pass and and everybody's celebrating you, Like, how do we do that while you're still here?
Speaker 10: This might come off biasedly, you know what I'm saying, but I'm gonna try to do it without thinking of myself. I think that we have to celebrate. I think there's something about, you know, R and b artists versus rock artists, versus even hip hop artists that is easily disregarded. When you think about Chuck Berry, you think about Little Richard, you think of a Domino Fest, think about Paul Roberson.
Speaker 1: You don't even know these names.
Speaker 10: Some people may not even but they pay bay for every bit of what we're celebrating in these new means saying rather entertainment based, because it was James Brown or Bobby Brown or Michael Jackson. Yeah, by the way, we don't sell records no more breath. You know what I'm saying, Like check us, you know what I'm saying, Look at what they were who sold records like Michael Jackson, Nobody, Nobody, Extreme, that's cool, but who sole records?
Speaker 1: You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 10: And being able to sell physical copies like that, especially in this genre, it don't happen.
Speaker 2: Who's old record like Professions?
Speaker 9: Hey that's a diamond Albus Who's sold a record Black Professions?
Speaker 5: Now?
Speaker 1: But I'm not here to pop my call. I'm just talking about for real, legacy needs to be preserved.
Speaker 10: Everybody, by the way in R and B is always trying to, you know, really figure out who's the king. But I focused my My focus is really on a kingdom, you know what I'm saying, and making certain that we remembered R and B artists the same way that hip hop is remembered and hip hop is preserved not just because of the songs that were created, but also to the fashion.
Speaker 1: Look at what a Mary is doing just you know what I'm saying. With with hip hop, you see most death.
Speaker 10: And tailp qual You're like, yo, who that if you were a kid, Yo, They're giving you culture. They speaking through the clothes, Kanye and them, just Sean Puffy Combs creating you know that culture fat form, which is you know, Russell Simmons. It became something more than just the music. It became a culture. Being a king I want a kingdom, you know what I'm saying. It's time for us to be able to lift.
Speaker 1: That R and B movement up just as much.
Speaker 10: That's why you come to Vegas and that sophistication is out there, that skate is there, that entertainment is there because that's R and B, and you don't get that every day. That ain't gonna be something that everybody gets, but it creates a conversation that I think is odd. You know what I'm saying. When I hear that comparison. It's funny, especially for people who have done things that nobody else has done. But it's also to misinforming because the new kids they actually think, oh yeah, if I have this amount of streams or this amount of like looks and likes love that that was a part of building that legacy.
Speaker 1: Don't matter them like and that love they don't equate, you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 2: So I sotally agree. That's why I don't like it.
Speaker 9: And it's no disrespect because these guys are great. You can't compare a weekend to a Michael Jackson, you know what I'm saying. You can't compare Chris Brown to an Usher.
Speaker 2: They're great.
Speaker 9: Don't get me wrong. Those guys are great. They do what they do with y'all just came up in a whole different era. People had to actually go to the record store, but they buy albums.
Speaker 8: The craftsman shit.
Speaker 7: Like when I came to your show in Vegas and I've seen you before this, but I remember when I left the show, I was just thinking, like, I don't know if I've ever been to a show of any artists in my time right now that I left feeling the way that I did, like the detail that you take with like the performance, the song, the serenading the crowd, like even before that went viral, Like I was just like, I don't know if people, if artists do like my artists that I know are our r and B artists take that time like it made.
Speaker 8: You feel good. That's a different type of feeling and that matters.
Speaker 1: Well. Thank God that me and la Red just decided to start a label. Mega is gonna make some new ones.
Speaker 5: You know.
Speaker 10: You look at what he and Baby Face did with the Face Records, and obviously what you know, he and I even did with artists like Justin Justin Bieber.
Speaker 1: So it's like, all right, were coming together in that artist development.
Speaker 10: It does matter to be able to understand and make certain that people remember that entertainment matters.
Speaker 1: It's always been the most important part of who I am.
Speaker 10: But I think that, you know, there is a way to bridge the gap because I ain't gonna discredit the artists who are killing it, you know what I'm saying, because they have a following. But we just do things in a different time, and it doesn't it's not fair to discredit those amazing artists Philip Bailey, those amazing singers, you know, amazing jazz and all of these different levels of music. It might seem odd to slow down and listen to these songs, but it's really up to y'all as the curators to get them to pay attention to it.
Speaker 1: Maybe you come up with the fact of the day.
Speaker 10: Maybe y'all start saying, yo, call in, call us and tell me what this sample is. And then before you know what people are being, you know, informed, We eate new connection to preserve our legacies, not mine, but the legacy of the things that have assisted us.
Speaker 9: You know what I mean.
Speaker 1: Babies were born to these songs, story moments that we've had, to these records.
Speaker 17: You know how many amazing things that track our lives in these songs. How easily we can just throw them away and move to the next chapter. Na, man, you gotta you gotta keep it in keep it inform your audience. You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 1: Some sensationalize it. You know what I'm saying. We got to have a little bit of thirst trap there.
Speaker 10: But I'm just saying, for real, you know what I'm saying, Let's let's let's let's let's be real here.
Speaker 1: You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 9: I agree with everything you're saying. And that's why, you know, we got to be intentional to about celebrating. I think a lot of times, especially as men, you're like, oh man, you riding. It's easy to make jokes, it's easy to even critique something when you don't like it.
Speaker 2: But it's it's for whatever reason, it's hard to be like, nah, that's that dude. Right there.
Speaker 10: Intimate conversations are intended for intimate spaces.
Speaker 1: When you have a broadcasting space, what you say becomes the law. Right, There's many.
Speaker 10: Conversations of debate of who's the illis MC or the best rapper or the best dancer in the barbershop or even in the private confines of your house, But not everybody understands how to process that, and it just then instigates conversation and things that are not.
Speaker 1: Really about preserving real work and real artistry.
Speaker 4: Man, now we're talking to us. He's over in Paris doing this residency in Paris.
Speaker 6: I was gonna ask, so, this is your first album where it's almost you're not on a major label, it's almost like you're part of it. This is like almost your independent where you're putting everything behind this one, right.
Speaker 10: Yeah, Gamma, Larry Jackson's effort, you know, it far exceeds just me.
Speaker 1: There's many other artists that are going to come but me.
Speaker 10: In La we started a label under Gamma called megaw and it's the beginning of, you know, the continuation of our legacy, the beginning of the continuation of our legacy, you know.
Speaker 8: And it's called Coming Home. The next album. Why coming Home?
Speaker 1: Why the name coming home?
Speaker 18: I mean?
Speaker 10: And there's ultimately been several things that make me feel like I'm coming home, not even a place, but just a feeling, me reconnecting with La me coming home into a space of comfort. Rather it's Las Vegas, or rather it's just the home that is Atlanta and the home that I'm building there. The coming home of becoming a better man, a better man to my woman, a better man to my family, a better man to you know, the world, and the story that I choose to tell that don't make me perfect, and I'm not getting ready to you know, you know, just change the narrative. I'm going to be honest about some of the things that I've gone through to create these songs, which I always have kept it honest in my music, rather you understood it or not.
Speaker 1: But coming home, even to the culture of where I come from, you know what I mean.
Speaker 10: I don't know if you saw me, if you go to my ig, you'll see me, you know, doing festival things over in Ghana. When I spent time in Ghana and I went to the original spaces where slaves.
Speaker 1: Were brought in off the ships.
Speaker 10: Something about that made me Reignite, coming home to our original and on home the motherland, and all of those things started to sneak their way into my music, you know, rather it was the algorithms of the song, or the rhythm and beat of what was going on with you know, on a piano and and afro beats. All of those things begin to instigate my creativity. So I'm coming home in all of those ways.
Speaker 2: All right.
Speaker 4: Well, ladies and gentlemen, Ussher.
Speaker 2: We look forward to see icon, the icon known as Usher.
Speaker 9: That's right, okay, who should always be celebrated, That's right, all right. And it's a beautiful thing to see you at your Las Vegas residency, and it's gonna be a beautiful thing to see you at the super Bowl halftime show, reminding people why you are indeed, Usher ring.
Speaker 8: I can't wait to see the skates at the super Bowl.
Speaker 2: That's gonna be dope. I just want to tell charlam mee one thing.
Speaker 6: The Cowboys are not gonna be in the super Bowl, so I just want to just clean it right now, just clear that right now.
Speaker 2: Well I don't know if they are now, but Usher will be that She will be, Ladies and gentlemen, I know Usher will be here. That's right.
Speaker 4: We appreciate you for joining us.
Speaker 2: Thank you, my brother.
Speaker 1: Absolutely, I'm so happy that I was able to give y'all this news.
Speaker 3: First.
Speaker 4: We appreciate your king. Ladies love that it's the Breakfast Club.
Speaker 2: Good morning. Yes, let's get right to the movies. I think a lot of.
Speaker 8: People will recognize the voice in the name of.
Speaker 2: The bast Club. Lauren came in hot.
Speaker 5: You know.
Speaker 7: So, Carrie Washington just recently made a huge discovery. She discovered that her dad is not her biological father. So she has a new book out. It's a memoir.
Speaker 8: It's called Thicker Than Water, and she talks about how she was actually planning to go on a show. We got the book right here, Yes we do.
Speaker 7: She was planning to go on a show that Henry Lewis Gates Junior was doing called Finding Your Roots. And on that show, it's all about, like, you know, you do all the DNA testing and all that stuff to find out where you're from and all this info about your family. And her family when she told them that she was going to do the show, they her mom and her dad reached out to the show and said, hey, look her dad is not her biological dad.
Speaker 8: What should we do?
Speaker 7: And they suggested that, you know, her mom and her dad have a conversation with her before filming because they didn't want her to find out while filming. Wow, So back in the I think she said it was twenty eighteen, they reached out to her and said, hey, come by the house or sit down and talk, have some dinner. And they told her that she it was actually a surrogate, not a surrogate, but a spar or, sparm sperm donor who fathered her. And she said that, you know, because of that, it kind of changed her perspective on a lot of things, and it made her look deeper into just who she is and kind of some of the things she went through she was growing up. She said she struggled with insecurity, just a lot of different questioning herself, her body, her upbringing, just so many different things. And she also said her parents didn't want her to write about this in the book, but and they've always been supportive of her career, but they asked her not to write about this, and she decided that this was something she needed to do for herself.
Speaker 8: We have some audio from the interview that she did with the People magazine.
Speaker 19: You know, when I got this new information about my family, I just thought, I'm done with secrets, Like I'm done hiding. I don't want to hide anything anymore. I just want to be able to have my story and live my life and not hold on to shame or fear or worry about how I might be judged. I just I wanted to really be.
Speaker 8: In my truth.
Speaker 2: Yeah, we all doing in ourselves any favors by keeping secrets from each other as a family. But I guess it's just a matter of when, right.
Speaker 9: Yeah, you know, it's some things you don't want to hit a kid with, right, You want to wait till they get a little bit older.
Speaker 17: They didn't.
Speaker 2: They can understand it.
Speaker 7: There was a quote from her that they really didn't have any plans to tell her, like they didn't want to tell her.
Speaker 6: Well what changes though, Like if they knew or not, nothing changes. They still raised her. They raised her very much, So she's very successful, so.
Speaker 2: Very much much changes.
Speaker 7: You know, Well, she says that, you know, for years she struggled with to be exact, anxiety, self esteem issues, self estem issues, in an eating disorder. When she was younger, and she feels like those symptoms might have been something that was caused because of her parents' secret, because there was always I mean, you have to think about not even hereditary, but you have to think that there's some sort of distance at some point in the house because there's certain questions. I'm sure she's asking certain things she wants to know about that they're basically having a lie about because it wasn't her dad.
Speaker 6: Well, the only thing I would say that that would change is there's certain things that you would want to know, right, like if your father your mother had heart problems or there was high blood pressure or stuff, you know, healthwise.
Speaker 2: I just said that. But other than that, none of that other stuff really matters. Right, It's still your mother, still your father.
Speaker 8: I think it's easy to say when you're not in her shoes.
Speaker 9: Yeah, and it actually makes you understand what the real definition of a father is, because just because you provide the sperm doesn't make you a father.
Speaker 2: True, right, that man was clearly a father. Yeah, yep.
Speaker 7: Well, yeah, so the book is here, and she says she gets into a lot of the things that you know. At some point, she said she felt like somebody was not telling her something about her body in this book. This it just explores everything that I guess. You know, she wish she knew, the things she feels now that she knows, and more about Kroen Washington.
Speaker 2: Yeah, she can be joining us this week. Yes, you will be.
Speaker 8: Now onto other news.
Speaker 7: Kiki Palmer actually opened up a little bit more, not too much about where she is right now in her relationship with her UH kid's father, Darius Jackson.
Speaker 8: You and Darius out for drinks?
Speaker 10: Yes, I was.
Speaker 8: First of all, that was my second time going. I went first with my homegirls, and then he was like everybody's going for her birthday. I said, does that mean we're going again?
Speaker 2: About him? Not John trying to get into it.
Speaker 8: They tried listen, you were show host, you know, yes, you know.
Speaker 1: We want to know.
Speaker 2: Are you happy?
Speaker 5: Yes?
Speaker 2: Life is good.
Speaker 8: I have nothing but gratitude.
Speaker 11: Honestly, Seriously, are y'all not trying to be specifical?
Speaker 8: Are y'all together?
Speaker 7: You know I'm gonna take a page out of my girl Beyonce's book My Job.
Speaker 1: No no, no, no, no no no no no.
Speaker 9: The way my insecurities is set up. You have to claim me publicly. Now, you didn't been all at that man's show all in that man video. I need to hear it too right there on, Hold.
Speaker 8: It was that it was the Today Show. Hold and Jenna bad and Jennie.
Speaker 2: With the holding Jenda, I needed, you need to claim me plumblicly.
Speaker 8: They were on Instagram live together on her birthday. Well, what other type of claiming.
Speaker 2: Do you I need more than just the Instagram claim.
Speaker 8: That's a shirtman syndrome he's taking.
Speaker 2: I said insecurity, Wow, let me see publicly. I think you would want your snow king to claim you right and your white.
Speaker 9: You would want your Caucasian king to claim you Caucasian king.
Speaker 12: To like that.
Speaker 8: All of the black men I've ever dated have always claimed me. I am surprised. I am a queen.
Speaker 9: Okay, after we do Donkey to day, what you want to go see about these black men? Because Lauren a't even talking about no black men all morning. I asked Laura when she liked better snow kings of snow craft. She said, I ain't never had no snow craft.
Speaker 8: That's not true. I said, what is going on now, crab oil?
Speaker 2: I have to do like snow kings of snow I never had no snowbow.
Speaker 7: I said, I don't prefer the snow crabs. I prefer the whole crab.
Speaker 4: Ladies, ladies, ladies, ladies, ladies. Okay, they're gonna talk after ladies, I am.
Speaker 2: Totally against it. That's right.
Speaker 4: Wow, all right there giving that donkey too.
Speaker 2: This is after that hour.
Speaker 9: We need a man named Eric Thomas to come to the front of the congregation. Okay, we need to have a word with him.
Speaker 4: And then after that we calling who are we calling to the phone line?
Speaker 9: Well, yeah, I wanted Lauren did bring up a thing. Lauren said that all black women love Travis Kelsey.
Speaker 8: I didn't say they have Travis Kelsey.
Speaker 2: On their wall. He said they've been had the jersey the way before to increase themselves with Taylor Switch. So I just want to know this.
Speaker 7: One thing you don't need to start is the Black Effect pr Firm, because you're misspeaking for your client. I didn't say all black women said black women have a thing for Travis Kelcey and a thing for instinct, not all black women.
Speaker 6: Ladies, ladies, donkey the days up next, then we're gonna open up the phone lines.
Speaker 4: All right, it's the breakfast slogan Morning.
Speaker 2: The Breakfast Club. Your mornings will never be the same. Don't be a donkey because right now you want some real.
Speaker 1: It's time for Donkey of the day.
Speaker 2: So if we ever feel I need to be a doctor man with the heat, did.
Speaker 4: I had become Donkey of the.
Speaker 2: Day the braaktast Club, bitch you Yeah, donty.
Speaker 9: Today for Tuesday, September twenty six, to a thirty three year old Tampa, Florida man named Eric Thomas, I'm starting to realize that Donkey of Today triggers my anxiety. And the reason the trigger is my anxiety is because I realize that I'm sharing space on this third rock from the Sun with some real, live idiots, and it reminds me that every single day we wake up, the only thing that's keeping us safe is avoiding these idiots.
Speaker 2: But you just don't know they're idiots until they do something idiotic. Okay.
Speaker 9: And it's not that people are stupid, all right. That's the other scary part. A lot of folks are very smart and fully aware of what it is they are doing. The biggest issue in America today, though, to me, is simply the fact that folks really don't know right from wrong. I don't care to know the difference between right and wrong. Okay, we live in an era where good is mistaken for evil, wrong is mistaken for right, and Satan is surely mistaken for God because folks just be out here committing crimes, as if committing crimes is normal. Casing point Eric Thomas. See Eric Thomas is a drug dealer, all right. He's your neighborhood pushing trap star, d boy, weed man, pedalo, your source for all things that get you high. Really just weed though, And he was recently charged with a pair of drug felonies and booked into the county jail, where he remains locked up on a seven thousand dollars bond. Now, in the past year, Thomas has been convicted of weed, booger, sugar, cocaine, and battery. All right, He's got a pending case where he has been accused of possessing seven ziplock bag.
Speaker 2: He's a weed.
Speaker 9: The pot was discovered when he was emptying his pockets into a plastic tray at a court security checkpoint.
Speaker 2: Did you hear what I just said?
Speaker 9: Eric was emptying his pockets into a plastic tray at a court security checkpoint, and he took seven ziplock bags of weed out and put them into the plastic trade at the court security checkpoint. If you're wondering, in Florida, weed is still not legal, all right, God bless him. Okay, that happened to me once. I was in a car with a former associate and we got pulled over and he had his license, his registration, insurance, and a plastic envelope type thing and he handed it to the police officer. But if you got he also had a few bumps of that white girl in that envelope too. Got us all locked up because he didn't claim it until we got to the police station.
Speaker 2: I tried to snitch on site.
Speaker 9: I tried to, but police wouldn't listen to me because I was trying to snitch by subtraction, meaning it was three of us in the cart. So I told police to do the math, what's three minus one? Because it ain't mine. It just leaves those two. But that wasn't good enough of them. You know, even though my charges eventually got dropped, I should have just told on him right then and there. But none of that has anything to do with what I'm speaking on now, because that's not even why Eric Thomas is getting donkey today. I'm just trying to paint the picture of the type of donkey we're dealing with. The reason Eric is getting donkey to day is because Eric is in jail because of Eric, and I just don't understand how so many humans hate snitching, but we literally are in an era where folks don't do anything but incriminate themselves. It also bugs me out when people claim they hate the police so much, but as soon as the crime is committed against him, law enforcement is the first person they call.
Speaker 2: And that's what Eric did. See Eric got robbed for ten dollars.
Speaker 9: Eric said someone stole ten dollars from him, not just stole ten dollars from him. He called the police and told police that he was selling weed and someone stole ten dollars from him while attempting to sell it. According to the arrest afford, David and I'll read it for you. As he was reporting the theft, he had eleven baggies of reefer in his hands. It says the defendant called police in reference to a theft. Once police made contact with him, he stated he was selling weed and someone stole ten dollars from him while attempting to sell it. The defendant had eleven baggies of weed in his hand while walking up to the offices. He was arrested for this, and while performing a search of his person, two baggies with a white pottery substance which tested positive for cocaine, were located in his wallet. Now we get into the bottom of things. We're getting to the bottom of things. People see he was selling the weed, but clearly sniffing the cocaine. All right, That cocaine mixfoot Rihanna's makeup is ruining society, all right.
Speaker 2: Maybe the cocaine was fifty free. I don't know, but I know that he clearly was high.
Speaker 9: This story wakes It makes way more sense when you know that he was high, because there's no way in Satan's kingdom that someone called the police to report ten dollars was stolen from them while doing a drug deal and then approaches officers with a bunch of drugs in their hand. But once again, this is who we have to contend with on this planet every day. These are the days of our lives, and as the world turns, we have to deal with these young and restless individuals. They bought, they got too much time on their hands.
Speaker 2: They have access to everything but know nothing.
Speaker 9: And I'm being honest with you, it's one of the reasons I'm thinking about raising all my children in another country, because we only got one life to live and I want to live my life in peace. I don't want the drama. I love comedy, not soap operas. And that's why I do donkey today because this society is all a dramede.
Speaker 2: It's really all drama, but you have to make it a dramaede.
Speaker 9: Okay, And as my great friend little Duval says, if you're not laughing at life, you're missing the point. Please give Eric Thomas the biggest EA hall now, the president of the Fat Lives Matter Committee told me that he has found access to the actual police call and now one one call.
Speaker 2: Really, I haven't heard it yet, Okay, let's hear.
Speaker 5: Nine one one.
Speaker 18: What's your emergency?
Speaker 4: Listen, it's your boy, Eric Thomas, and I really want to report this. That right, I'll pity to work on the block and you put up to me and stole ten dollars from me, and I need you'all to do. Somebody what y'all.
Speaker 2: About to do about it.
Speaker 18: Wait a minute, so let me get this straight. You're selling drugs on the block right now, yep. And a customer stole ten dollars from you while you were selling drugs, and you're reporting it.
Speaker 4: That's right for us to arrest them, exactly.
Speaker 18: And you are who again, Eric Thomas? All right, so I have all of that information, We're gonna go ahead and send out one No, we're gonna go ahead and send out two squad cars and hopefully we can resolve the crime that have been committed today.
Speaker 4: Okay, thank you, That's all I was asking for.
Speaker 1: I'll be right here.
Speaker 2: Wait whoa well Jesus Christ? Wow wow, well all right, thank you for that dunk today. No need to play a game. I guess what race it is?
Speaker 20: The no niggas when we hear him play that game today? Okay, all right, now let's let's move on. Say BT B E T will see tomorrow, Lauren, as was that real?
Speaker 2: Of course it was real, Lauren, because because just done, Lauren, I told you earlier. You need to believe me even when I'm lying. Cap that was not a real call, Lauren, yes, said, what would you stop? Lauren? Believe me if it was to First of all, Lauren, you're probably gonna believe him because he's lighter.
Speaker 8: No, no, no, I'm just.
Speaker 9: Saying, whoa, whoa.
Speaker 2: You want to get to the topic now, Yes, I just said to the topic.
Speaker 9: All right, All Lauren in here talking about her snow king Travis Kelsey, is Travis dis Travis? That how she's so hurt that Travis has decided to move on and got him a human John Hellman's named Taylor Swift.
Speaker 2: And she said all black women are sore hurt behind it.
Speaker 7: I didn't say all black women. And I know why you're really upset. Travis Kelce is sixty five. Wow, it's okay. You were your read today five backwards? Okay, you're definitely five back You're five to five. Okay, I'm five to six.
Speaker 4: Let's open up.
Speaker 2: Actually seven all my life and stuff, they asked me, you're five to five.
Speaker 6: You stobbed on your tippy toes eight hundred five eight five one oh five one.
Speaker 2: What is the question? The question is do black women love Travis Kelce as much as Lauren Wow says they do?
Speaker 7: Don't don't Wow, That's not the question. The question is do black women think that Travis Kelce is a joint or no difference. No, it's it's a very it's a very big difference.
Speaker 6: And for people that just tuned in Joe Biden, you found out earlier that yes, Lauren l Rossa did jump in his DMS.
Speaker 2: Yes you did, Lauren, don't lie. I am totally against it. That's right. We need doctor the way is that doing from I.
Speaker 8: Can't say that. I can't say that I did or didn't jump in his DMS. But it was for a show.
Speaker 3: Mm hmm.
Speaker 8: It was a part of a show. Well, you were having a conversation.
Speaker 2: It was when I say.
Speaker 6: Show, we gotta go right, we abody when we come back eight hundred and five five one O five one. Allegedly, Laura la Rosa loves uh this white king, snow king, this snow king.
Speaker 4: So we're asking women black women, do you like do you love just.
Speaker 2: As much as Lauren?
Speaker 10: Y'all do?
Speaker 4: Eight hundred and five and five one O five one.
Speaker 6: Lauren said, it's just because Charlamage is hating because he's really only five five and he's jealous about that. But I will discuss when we come back five five. It's the Breakfast Local one the Breakfast Club.
Speaker 21: It's topic time called eight hundred five A five one O five one to join into the discussion with the Breakfast Club.
Speaker 2: Morning everybody. It's Steve j n V Charlamagne de goud. We are the Breakfast Club.
Speaker 6: Laura la Rossa is here and she has been uh talking about this uh new being white king that she loves up so much.
Speaker 9: Yea, all the women who just discovered the NFL because of Taylor Swift. Taylor Swift is gonna make all these women Chiefs fans the way Diann has made everybody else Colorado fans. And Lauren has been in here all morning just I mean, pouring her beautiful black heart out over this Caucasian man named Travis Kelsey. I don't have a problem with it, you know, I just it just hurts me to see her so hurt over the fact that he has apparently ditched sisters and moved on to white women.
Speaker 2: I don't know if this is true. Is that true? Lauren?
Speaker 8: I mean he was dating Oh so you did?
Speaker 4: You really did like him?
Speaker 10: No?
Speaker 8: I didn't like him. I just thought he was fired Like. I thought he was cute and attractive.
Speaker 2: Cross the lines to eight, all black women had Travis Kelsey.
Speaker 1: I will never get you a.
Speaker 8: Stat now, you talk it crazy. I did not I said that for black women.
Speaker 7: At least the black women that are in my group chat in sync and Travis Kelce, those are both people or justin Tim blakerom no no, no, no no, no, justin terms specifically. But we've been got rid of him and Travis Kelsey.
Speaker 8: Are there? You have white boys like the.
Speaker 6: Coast the line forms. She would you cross the line of the black line to talk to those white brothers?
Speaker 2: Make doctor Umar down? Wow? You can let doctor Umar down.
Speaker 8: I don't know if I lived my life day to day to please doctor Umer.
Speaker 1: No, you know what I mean.
Speaker 8: I think I'm just doing what's best for me.
Speaker 4: What about this white king that you loved so much?
Speaker 8: No, I didn't love him.
Speaker 9: I just thought he was cute, and I just was like, you know, I asked her if you ever had snow kings of snow crabs.
Speaker 2: You told me you ain't never had.
Speaker 17: No.
Speaker 8: I did not say that either.
Speaker 2: Exactly what you said, I did not say.
Speaker 8: I said, I prefer whole crabs, the blue crab.
Speaker 2: Wow. Wow, So are you still are you still on the white side. Are you coming back on this side?
Speaker 8: I never went over there, y'all. That's what y'all don't understand. You can look at what everybody has looked at, somebody being like, oh, they're cute for a like he's cute for a white boy.
Speaker 2: But m that's a little different. And she knew what kind of clothes you as you. He used to Thams. He didn't have his butter's lace.
Speaker 8: He was swaggy. I don't care what y'all calling and say about him.
Speaker 7: He was swaggy. Now, I told y'all, now he's giving the cop that turned the body game off. That haircut is not it.
Speaker 2: Don't disrespect that man because you found joy, he.
Speaker 8: Can find all his joy.
Speaker 2: Let's go to the phone line.
Speaker 8: He does.
Speaker 4: It's okay, we have Shelley on the line.
Speaker 2: Shelley, good morning, Hey guys, Good morning everyone.
Speaker 15: I'm so pleased that I'm actually getting through and it's Lauren. You're doing an awesome job. Your vibe is blending perfectly. So pertaining to the question, I don't know if I could go off where it's not Kelsey, but in general, like snow crafts, like crabs.
Speaker 2: And such snobs, I like snow crab though, like.
Speaker 15: That, okay, great, great, So for me, I do like snow crabs. It's just something about snow crabs that makes me just get excited. Keanu Reeves is my top tier of wool. Every time I see him, I'm just like my my my couchies, like ooh, kana, Okay, it's.
Speaker 10: Be with him.
Speaker 8: But he has a white boy.
Speaker 15: You just like, oh, I will always go for my black king. But when it comes to sexuality, it's just something about that. And this might be a little off guy but also clutan and it's another one that I'm like, yo.
Speaker 8: Hang up on her.
Speaker 7: She's with sexuality because that this this one thing I will say. Earlier, you asked a question about like having sex with like a white person. I've never even thought about that. I just looked at him and was like, oh, he's cute. But I never thought that far Lauren, haven't.
Speaker 2: I swear.
Speaker 6: I never just talked about his His butters would look so ill and the bed looks so sexy.
Speaker 2: Track I've never thought that far threw up the w right.
Speaker 9: I thought she was going west side because it'd be in la she was doing this for white men and now because you did that, everybody who has a taste for snow crabs is.
Speaker 2: Calling in because of you. White about the means holy hellga, Hey.
Speaker 4: What's your name?
Speaker 5: Hey, this is Neva.
Speaker 4: What's what's your common?
Speaker 1: Eva?
Speaker 2: What you think? What's your thoughts? Well?
Speaker 15: Also, Travis Kelsey is nice looking.
Speaker 3: I prefer dark.
Speaker 2: There you go and said great with her? You said, welch bring him home, he said me, and Welch is great.
Speaker 4: She said, no, Damn, Welch is great.
Speaker 5: No.
Speaker 2: I said, okay, Okay, that's right, queen.
Speaker 8: It's nothing wrong with It's nothing wrong with saying that Travis Kelsey is a good looking man. That does not mean that I don't date black man.
Speaker 2: You said all black women love traps.
Speaker 4: Before it got here.
Speaker 9: Before the Jersey sales went up for because of Taylor Swift, you already had one.
Speaker 8: I did not handle that. That's what you kel Jersey?
Speaker 2: Hello, who's this?
Speaker 4: You call him? K?
Speaker 11: Three?
Speaker 16: Okay, So about the dude.
Speaker 5: He is fine.
Speaker 16: I know anything about him till this morning when I tell you want five?
Speaker 12: But yes, he is fine.
Speaker 6: I'm down with it.
Speaker 7: Lauren fall Lauren is the reason you know about him, she said, when he started going viral because black titter has been on it.
Speaker 6: No, she said she looked it up when she heard you this Morning's right, you got an agenda this morning, Lauren?
Speaker 8: Wait, what did you say? Says can be clarified because they in here speaking for us.
Speaker 9: You need to go wash your hand because you' spreading jungle people. Lauren, you some handstanding Cazer right now.
Speaker 2: Thank you.
Speaker 8: He is fine. You can't get around that point.
Speaker 2: Ca You looked him up because Lauren said something this morning. Right, No, yes, yes, okay, yep, call yep, it's Laurence Fault. We got you.
Speaker 4: You got an agenda this morning.
Speaker 8: I have an agenda, but about stacks.
Speaker 2: Jungle fee. This is an agenda, Lauren. We know what the hell going on in the street.
Speaker 6: Eight hundred five eighty five on five on. Let's discuss, y'all, come get your people, let's discuss. Lauren is into white men this morning.
Speaker 2: We're trying to.
Speaker 8: I don't like la I was just in here. Y'all would have saw that DJ Envy this almost took his left leg out because God does not like ugly, and I'm one.
Speaker 2: Of his cheir that in God, that's the white devil.
Speaker 9: Let me light my Pola Santo summoned him in this morning, in this room this morning, Santos.
Speaker 8: I have this sparkling water and I think that this was send to me a Blacks the.
Speaker 4: Reckless Club boarding.
Speaker 21: It's topic time called eight hundred and five eight five five one to join into the discussion with the Breakfast Club.
Speaker 1: Talk about it morning.
Speaker 6: Everybody is dj n V Charlamagne the God. We are the Breakfast Club. Laura l Rossa is here. She's our guest hosted. If you're just joining us, she came into work this morning crushed, hurt. This is all true, just grunt. You should always believe us when we're lying.
Speaker 2: But this is true.
Speaker 8: I want to read.
Speaker 6: She came in this morning so hurt because Travis Kelseys would tell us her white king decided to leave black women and start dating white women again, and she was hurt by it this morning.
Speaker 9: I cannot believe you, Lauren, like let that snow king. You know, I loved the best way he knows how he found it. I don't know he really found it.
Speaker 8: Though, I don't really care. He was cute, he's not anymore. And now we've moved on.
Speaker 2: How things have changed his house two hours ago you cared.
Speaker 8: Now I'm bitter you was in Wow.
Speaker 2: You're telling us how you was in his damn somebody reality show.
Speaker 8: It was not for the every album put.
Speaker 2: The Love of Manny's with a Love of Helmets, responsored by Craft.
Speaker 6: Now, I'm just now just cast on a lot of racist like Wow, Hello, Cassandra, good morning, Good morning, Queen.
Speaker 8: Good morning.
Speaker 4: Oh lord, I'm about.
Speaker 16: To tell you guys so much. I'm just seizing. No, I personally I don't find white men attractive. That's my thing. I think that the dingling looks like Bacon's.
Speaker 8: I can't even imagine, like like I've never I've never experienced that, and I can't imagine it. I just thought he was cute. I thought the swag was cute.
Speaker 2: You dated him?
Speaker 16: No, No, I won't even I didn't even know who he was until the blind started talking about him. No, I'm okay.
Speaker 2: Do nobody want that? No pulk on my fault, Lawrence Jesus, Okay, hello, hello.
Speaker 4: He would you would you date a white.
Speaker 2: Man you find Travis Kelsey attractive? Sexy?
Speaker 14: Absolutely not.
Speaker 12: Answer the question.
Speaker 2: Okay, The question is do you Travis Kelsey sexy?
Speaker 8: Yes or no?
Speaker 2: Attractive. That question, Hello said, what you do? Play tight end the tight ends?
Speaker 8: Bet my black kings. Up here, I can a little. They're getting a little crazy up here, y'all.
Speaker 2: Hello, who's this?
Speaker 9: Hello?
Speaker 2: Hello?
Speaker 14: Hey?
Speaker 2: What's your name?
Speaker 1: Mama?
Speaker 5: Hey?
Speaker 4: I'm asking, hey, Ashley, do you find Travis sexy?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 5: But I think there was the go tee or the beard or whatever.
Speaker 1: He had.
Speaker 3: Said white man's vibe.
Speaker 2: Look at no, don't stop saying yes.
Speaker 8: And now the bearding, the go to was giving him the vibes when he cut that.
Speaker 7: Now, I'm telling y'all now it's.
Speaker 2: Not Hey, good morning.
Speaker 4: Where you calling from?
Speaker 1: Good morning?
Speaker 16: I'm calling from faithful North Carolina.
Speaker 2: What's happening? All right?
Speaker 4: We're talking about Travis Kelsey. What's what's your opinion?
Speaker 2: You find him sexy?
Speaker 16: I don't think that we should care. I'm not gonna care. I didn't even know who Travis keilk was until I saw this on the like lookes about him going from the black girl.
Speaker 10: I'm like, okay, that's cool.
Speaker 14: Like we got enough black keam.
Speaker 3: It's all right, Like we're not Travis Kelsey, We're not.
Speaker 2: We moved on that the thing. None of y'all want to admit it. The only thing turning you off about Travis Kelsey is that he's with Taylor Swift.
Speaker 7: That's really what it is, No, because he's right, so I already assumed that he dates white girls.
Speaker 8: He just didn't at that time.
Speaker 2: M HM would turn me.
Speaker 8: His physical appearance changed recently, and I don't know if that's because he's with Taylor Swift, but it is not giving. And that may be a whole other conversation because when you dissect it, I like the beard, the like the swag, which isn't originally his.
Speaker 2: I'm looking at a picture that he just sent me right now.
Speaker 9: He looked like he should have been on euphoria, like he should have been like Fez's cousin or something.
Speaker 8: I could see that. But if you it was certain times he would show up to the games and like his like sweatsuits. That that's what like. Yeah, but when you look at that, that's a black man.
Speaker 2: That is not a black man.
Speaker 8: I'm saying the swag of a black.
Speaker 2: Shoes he got on. She probably was.
Speaker 8: I see the shoes, we like that. That's not right, Tayla.
Speaker 2: Kayla Keayler probably was picking it off. That's probably a change nice.
Speaker 8: He still thinks are he's still dressing away.
Speaker 4: It's just not what's what's the moral of the story.
Speaker 7: The world of the story is don't say nothing in this room with Charlotte manea, and because they're gonna get on the radio and flip it all the way around.
Speaker 2: That's Lauren's moral of the story. Doctor Lamar's moral of the stories this I.
Speaker 21: Sentenced you to five hundred lashes for conduct on becoming a black.
Speaker 2: That's right for.
Speaker 11: Now.
Speaker 8: We can now we condone in domestic violence.
Speaker 2: That was not domestic violence. Okay. Now, because he didn't say who was given the lashes.
Speaker 7: He just said, now you got clarity on what people saying, yes, because you did have two minutes ago.
Speaker 2: When it was about me.
Speaker 8: The more the story is, I can we can say that someone is cute and then move on.
Speaker 5: We've moved on.
Speaker 8: We don't need him.
Speaker 6: We got roomors on the way. Can't can we get another like fight the power of something?
Speaker 2: Right now?
Speaker 9: We got to even do something, man, I mean, Lauren has just you know, she needed to just sanitize her hands, like you need to wear a mask.
Speaker 7: He just fread, I know Travis Kelsey's family in the group chat happy calling his execolor girl.
Speaker 2: That's true.
Speaker 4: Rooms on the way is the breakfast club.
Speaker 2: Good morning, I'm doing good.
Speaker 7: I'm doing good at my back. I actually know so I thought about something. A lot of the things that you guys were saying. I definitely hear y'all, and I took it in.
Speaker 8: Y'all know.
Speaker 7: I'm looking at y'all like big brothers now. But I think that there's a conversation that we really need to have. You got that from me?
Speaker 2: What's the conversation? It's a problem when not do it off?
Speaker 7: Because hold on, because there have been several situations where I have had to when I say, argue down men about dating outside of their race, especially black men, and how they act like that is like the AMEX card or you know what I mean, like a stamp of approval or entrance into a VIP section that you couldn't afford in the first place. But when I when I say here and say someone is cute, y'all, y'all, the world wants to turn upside down. I just want people to understand that, like we can have our our space as well too. We're allowed to look at a person of another race and say they're a cute. Even if someone wanted to date someone of another race, I don't, but black women are allowed to do whatever they.
Speaker 22: Want to do.
Speaker 2: Laura, I want you to know this is a safe space. It's a non judgmental whatever.
Speaker 17: You do not have to.
Speaker 8: Explain you made up for statistics.
Speaker 2: You you don't have to explain why you love Travis Kelce. It's okay.
Speaker 7: See that didn't hit the way that it needed to. You're gonna take this home and you're gonna sit within. You're gonna think about and be like, you know what.
Speaker 2: Lauren's right, Lauren, we love you regardless.
Speaker 8: Y'all are talking? Can we this is this is a crazy segue talking about black women.
Speaker 2: Let's get to the room.
Speaker 4: Yeah, just report.
Speaker 8: I think a lot of people will recognized the boys.
Speaker 2: To the name on the bat Club. Lauren came in hot.
Speaker 8: So Tory Lanez.
Speaker 7: He shared a voice message from prison, and he promised that there was going to be some new music coming.
Speaker 5: Hey, yo, Umbrothers man, what's good. I'm talking to you loud from prison right now. Man, I'm just happy to get out that Bush County jail. They was heating you or the young fly you heard, have your twenty five hour lock down, half size cell by myself, no windows, no mirrors, even seen himself in the whole year, yo. But with all the disadvantages against me, my head has always been held high, man, and I want you to know I'm in great spirits. My drive and my ambition is growing stronger and stronger every day, and I'm so proud of how y'all been moving in my support.
Speaker 9: Man.
Speaker 5: I know this feels like a scary time, but don't be afraid.
Speaker 10: Man.
Speaker 5: It don't spark no fear in my heart at all. In fact, I'm more prepared than ever. The music videos and all the projects you've wanted, they already drop. So let's just start with the one that we want most, the alone.
Speaker 2: Of crime delug I don't ever want to say sound that happy. Call him, yo.
Speaker 8: Don't he sound like he call him from vacation.
Speaker 2: Yeah, there's no reason to sound like that unless you're about to come.
Speaker 8: Home, he said in my head and telling how I was thinking.
Speaker 2: It don't got to go that far.
Speaker 9: And I'm not saying that you got to be sad, you know, bitter, But I don't want to sound that happy.
Speaker 6: Call him well, maybe he knows his conditions, he knows where he's gonna be, and he's just trying to see the brightish eide.
Speaker 7: I think it's important when you because he said he was doing twenty five again, that means there's no one so you're not getting out of That means you're on lockdown twenty three one.
Speaker 8: He just said twenty five at the last once.
Speaker 22: He was at.
Speaker 4: Just twenty three. He did twenty three hours, one hour hour.
Speaker 7: He's still like he just said that. They didn't say twenty five. He said twenty five. I think he meant the twenty I think he meant the twenty three and one and he just added it wrong. But he was trying to say is he wasn't allowed out at all. So when you're in a situation like that and then you get to a place where it's a bit better, obviously he gets a little bit more free time because he's making calls. He's just, I don't know, want to excited, But he feels a lot better about the situation.
Speaker 9: And he also knows that he's doing that for social media, so there's a lot of performance performance in that call as well.
Speaker 7: You're gonna listen to the music with music alone, that problem. The deluxe is dropping. That's what he was announcing. Are you pro you know he did the whole.
Speaker 2: Like it was like a whole s Okay, Okay, I mean I don't know. Maybe I don't. I'm not gonna see it and say I'm run a running to listen to it when it comes out, but.
Speaker 7: Yeah, maybe, Well he says that, you know, the umbrellas, which are his fans, have been holding him down, so it's dropping soon.
Speaker 2: Okay.
Speaker 7: He sounds supported, So yeah, so moving on, we are going to go to Offset. So Offset sat down with the podcaster Bobby all Alhof. I don't know how you say the last name, but this is the this is the podcaster who's become super famous. But remember Elliot Wilson was upset that Drake sat down with her. She does like the cry back and forth, and people are really giving kudos to Offset a bit because he finally stumped her.
Speaker 2: Right do you do ask the question?
Speaker 22: I interview people why because I want to get to know them?
Speaker 1: Why do you want to get to know me?
Speaker 22: I didn't you did your team reached out to mine?
Speaker 2: Don't cap. Let's not cap about that. Let's not put that's not flex for the ground c ap flag on the play.
Speaker 1: Cap?
Speaker 9: What was that?
Speaker 22: Are you trying to make some song right now?
Speaker 10: No?
Speaker 2: It was a cap.
Speaker 22: I honestly don't know how this came about. I'm not gonna lie to you either, Okay, Well my team could have reached out to her, is I'm not gonna. I don't want to make you look.
Speaker 1: They had to show me who Bobby was.
Speaker 2: I thought they were going about Bobby Bouchet.
Speaker 22: Never heard of offset the water you have have not. I googled you on the way here, and I read something about you.
Speaker 2: I was I had to go TikTok search.
Speaker 1: I couldn't google you.
Speaker 2: Google's not there yet. You're not there yet, but you'll be there.
Speaker 8: So the people are saying, oop, all set finally got her.
Speaker 9: Well, it's easy to stomp someone who doesn't know anything about you, Like she's got a great gig. She can interview a bunch of rappers she knows nothing about and sit there and tell them she knows nothing about them, and everybody will watch the.
Speaker 6: Which is crazy to me, because she's gotten, you know, like you said, Drake, she's gotten. I think she Quille O'Neal did it. I think li Yati did it him. So the fact that she's getting these great guests and she really pretends to know nothing about them.
Speaker 7: Somebody asked Glad, I forget if it was academic, because he's in a couple of interviews recently. Who's the black equivalent of him? I would ask, who's the black equivalent of her? Like, could there be a black equivalent someone who literally knows nothing about the white people and would sit down and literally do this?
Speaker 2: They would it work.
Speaker 6: Artist wouldn't go, Labels wouldn't send them, managers wouldn't take them, they wouldn't go.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean it's a cool character she got. I think z Way was way better.
Speaker 8: Though I z Way. I loved zero Way.
Speaker 9: Yes, wait didn't informed, but she still had the I don't know what you would call that nature. I don't know, like the dry I don't want to say a hole because I don't think they were there like a dry human.
Speaker 8: I was so sad when she got canceled.
Speaker 9: The sarcasm I would call it. Yeah, yeah, but yeah, see Way was a cool character like that.
Speaker 8: Yeah, I thought that was interesting. Though, when the conversation turned on if this could be done? The other way around. Now we are going to more.
Speaker 4: Heah, well, come when we come back, all right, Well, when we come back.
Speaker 8: We'll do Memphis Bleek. He was supposed to be a drum line.
Speaker 4: All right, so we'll get into that next.
Speaker 8: Don't move.
Speaker 4: Laura La Rosas here has the Breakfast Club. Gome On, mix this up next, the Breakfast Club.
Speaker 2: Your mornings will never be the same morning.
Speaker 6: Everybody is dj Envy Charlamagne the guy. We are the Breakfast Club. Laura La Rosa is here. She had one story she wanted to do that we couldn't get to, which is a very interesting story. You want to jump into it right now.
Speaker 7: Yes, So Memphis Bleak. He was talking to Nori and talking to Noriy on Drink Champs, and he disclosed the fact that he had got he kind of got into acting, but they tried to push him more into it. So he was talking about the fact that he was actually supposed to be on drumline. He was supposed to play Nick Cannon's.
Speaker 2: Character, Get the hell out of here, he said.
Speaker 14: Yeah.
Speaker 7: He said that they were going to put him in acting classes. His manager, We're going to put him acting classes and everything, but he felt like it would take away from his like rap persona, like how am I going to be a drummer? And then go back to the hood and tell, you know, the homies like this is how we getting money now? So he backed away, and that was one thing he regrets.
Speaker 4: I love Bleak, but I can't see Bleak playing that role.
Speaker 2: That's why it's called acting. But still, I mean, there's certain people you can see that role. I just can't see. I could easily see Bleak in that role. Can you he's an actor, is acting.
Speaker 9: I could see anybody in any role if they're acting, And I think Bleak should have took that opportunity. Q.
Speaker 2: Yes, like what I mean. In a lot of ways, that put Nick Cannon on the map.
Speaker 7: He said that he sat down Nick cannons where he is and I stuck a rapp And he said that him and Nick Cannon actually had the same manager at some point, and Nick Cannon was trying so hard to be a rapper and they were trying to push him into acting.
Speaker 8: So it's kind of funny to see, you know, Wow, Yeah, but what's the moral of that story.
Speaker 9: The more of the story is you should get out of your comfort zone, take a chance, that's when you really find true success. That's when you're really trying, you know what you're really supposed to be doing, when you get out of your comfort zone.
Speaker 2: Okay, what I would have got out my comfort zone?
Speaker 8: I love that.
Speaker 6: I just think during that time, as big as rock was, it was all persona. I just I don't I don't know how it worked.
Speaker 8: But that's why he didn't do it, he said the press.
Speaker 7: He was afraid that it was going to go against that persona, which also to me too is like, I mean you really from that, like the persona is still there because.
Speaker 4: It's Bleak is such a street rap.
Speaker 6: I don't know if his fans back then would have seen Bleek the street rapper doing it, golled.
Speaker 2: Acting, I don't. I don't think people would have seen that.
Speaker 9: And we're forgetting the biggest thing about that whole story. Leak said, he regressed it.
Speaker 2: Yes, he doesn't not doing it, that's the biggest thing.
Speaker 4: All right, when we come back, we got the positive notice the Breakfast Club.
Speaker 6: Good morning morning. Everybody is DJ Envy Charlomagne to God. We are the Breakfast Club. Laura La Rosa is our guest host today and it's time to get out of here.
Speaker 2: Charlamone. You got a positive No.
Speaker 9: First of all, Laura, give him your twitters and everything so they can at you all day and tell you how you I doctor him out.
Speaker 2: Disappointed in you?
Speaker 8: Okay?
Speaker 22: Great?
Speaker 7: You guys can find me at Lauren LaRosa, l O R E N l O R O s A and Brown Girl Grinding, which is my brand that is a very safe space all things black women. But we you know, we buy black women for the world and it's common spelling Brown Girl Grinding. And make sure you check out the Brown Girl Grinding podcast as well everywhere you get your podcasts. I always say, if you don't agree with some of the stuff I said, make sure you at me. So y'all have been doing it and I am staying off Instagram for about two days and listen.
Speaker 9: I want to tell everybody make sure you go to mentalwealthexpo dot com to get more information on my third annual Mental Health Expo, which is happening October seventh at the Marriyout Marquee Tome Square from eleven am.
Speaker 2: To four pm. It is a free event.
Speaker 9: I bring together some you know, great therapists and psychiatrists and mental health experts and mental health advocates for a day of mental health education and healing. All right, So, if you're looking to get started on your healing journey, Saturday, October seventh, eleven am to four pm, marryout Marquee Time Square my third annual Mental Health Expo. It is a free event. Go to mentalwealthexpo dot com for more information. Now the positive notice simply this. People that introduce you to new ways of thinking and new ways of seeing life are.
Speaker 4: So in breakfast club, bitches
Speaker 2: Do y'all finish or y'all done