Speaker 1: Hey, you found our podcast, but are you following it? That's important. Make sure you click that follow button and enjoy.
Speaker 2: I think I see a listener outside right now.
Speaker 3: Hey wait a minute, No, no, not like that follow.
Speaker 1: I know we did this just a few days ago, but some heroes come in pairs.
Speaker 3: Brook and Jeffrey in the morning. We're not the heroes, but our new hero of the week, or heroes.
Speaker 1: I should say, is an Australian shepherd dog named Dakery along with his owner, Jennifer Fraser.
Speaker 2: Jennifer Jennifer likes to party. If you're name of your dog Dakery.
Speaker 3: They're from.
Speaker 1: They're from Canada, and they recently traveled to Italy to try and break a Guinness World's record live on TV record. And so Jennifer issued the command of Dakery and he went and removed the socks from the feet of eleven women, all seated in a line, with his mouth. What kind of creepy Under a minute?
Speaker 2: Wait, and people thought this was cute.
Speaker 3: I mean if it was me, I would have crushed that record.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but Dakery managed to remove twenty socks on his first attempt, which only tied the previous world record set by a California dog named Leelu.
Speaker 4: Wait, let's do this.
Speaker 2: This has been a thing. This dog looks like the girl's full foot is in his mouth. How many puncture wounds was there in the attempt?
Speaker 1: Well, on the second try, he officially broke it, taking twenty one socks off of twenty one sweaty feet. Oh good boy.
Speaker 2: I don't know.
Speaker 1: I guess he's our hero. We're proud of him. And this isn't his first go around either. Daker actually holds thirteen different world records that includes most clothes retrieved off of a washing line in a minute, or most coins placed into a piggy bank in a minute, oh cue, and fastest time to complete fire wall runs. I don't even know what that means, but it just sounds impressive.
Speaker 5: I'm just imagining going over to this woman's house and like fighting the dog, like I don't want my socks taking.
Speaker 3: Let him take your ship?
Speaker 6: Yes, I just here.
Speaker 1: We're gonna put the video of Dakery's sock removing record up on the Brook and Jeffrey Instant stories. It's pretty funny. Not to mention it is Italian TV, which is just interesting.
Speaker 2: Yeah, okay, it's Italian TV.
Speaker 1: Anyway, Dakery and Jennifer Frasier, you are our heroes of the week.
Speaker 3: Let's move on and get into the shock collar Question.
Speaker 1: Of the Day with the man who is Italian from Waste to Me Digital Jake Good Italian. You can give us some trivia questions.
Speaker 7: Well, my magic calendar of important dates tells me that today is National Save a Kowala Day.
Speaker 2: Episode.
Speaker 7: Well it sounded fun, but after a little more research I learned that those cute, cuddly little vegans are actually disgusting little tree monsters that have a toxic diet and are riddle with thousands of viral carnal diseases.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Charlie, sheen visually enjoyable.
Speaker 7: So call me Wilson from Home Improvement because I'm on the fence about whether are actually cool or not. You can decide for yourself in a special down Under edition of the one and done Shot Collar Question of the Dead. All right, Alexis, it's your turn. Which of these facts is true about baby koalas Hey They hatch from an egg. B They are born with an extra piece of skin that acts like a parachute. If they fall out of a tree or see they eat their mom's poop.
Speaker 2: Little babies falling, and I just see alexis like shaking the tree more flying babies. It so cute.
Speaker 1: I have a diaper and a bottle for you babies.
Speaker 8: But based on just how you know, kind of gross they are, I'm gonna go.
Speaker 1: They eat their mom's poop.
Speaker 7: As they eat their mom's poop, that.
Speaker 3: Is, that's correct, that's too bad.
Speaker 7: That's how they developed the digestive bacteria and needed to process their toxic eucalyptus die.
Speaker 4: Wow.
Speaker 3: Don't knock it till you try it. I think I don't know anything about how.
Speaker 6: Do they not?
Speaker 9: Like?
Speaker 2: I don't know? Turn to another player.
Speaker 7: Jeffrey, it's your turn. In the animated movie franchise.
Speaker 3: Sing oh Yeah with.
Speaker 7: An explanation point, it start a struggling theater producer which happened to be a Koala.
Speaker 3: Was his name a.
Speaker 7: Leo b Buster or see Clive Media.
Speaker 2: We just talked about this the other week. You haven't seen seeing right.
Speaker 1: Actually, when I was down in Mexico, I watched the Mexican version of C two Oh Yeah, do Yes, where.
Speaker 3: He puts on a show in like the Big City.
Speaker 10: I haven't seen the second one, but the first one was amazing.
Speaker 2: The second one is great to.
Speaker 1: Even though I couldn't understand most of it, I did catch the names of the people. And the koala is named Buster. Jeffrey went with Buster.
Speaker 7: That is.
Speaker 1: Buster moon grass Buster two.
Speaker 7: Jose, it's your turn. Which of these animals is the koala closest in relation to Is it A the Southeast Asian sloth bear, b the Eastern gray kangaroo or c the bone eating snot flower works bones.
Speaker 2: There's a lot of directions in these animal names, but.
Speaker 10: The gray kangaroo just sounds like it would be visually. But does Asian sloth bear like we say koala bear, you know what I mean?
Speaker 1: So I feel like they have to still be related. And the bone eating snowflower worm, Jake is a worm.
Speaker 3: Although the kualas eat the poop, so that's very worm like. Oh, they could have part worm in that. They probably always have worm.
Speaker 5: Is it quala marsupial or is it a it is so I'm gonna go with Eastern great kangaroo Jake.
Speaker 7: Jose said, kangaroo that is correctly. They are technically marsupials and they have a pouch for their young.
Speaker 3: Broke just Bear features.
Speaker 7: Bear okay with three for three Brook, You get this right, I'm getting shocked. Come on, Brook, Brook, a popular snack food used a talking koala in a race car suit to sell their products. Which brand was It was a Doritos, b Skittles or see Little Debbie snack cakesang it.
Speaker 5: I feel like I can picture the Koala in the racing suit.
Speaker 1: I can help a little bit.
Speaker 3: Skittles for a while.
Speaker 10: Actually, I think always has the most random weird commercial they do.
Speaker 6: They dream.
Speaker 1: It's like you're literally in a random dream I could see for no reason.
Speaker 2: Maybe it's like a Skittles car. Maybe it's like a Skittle.
Speaker 1: Sponsored equally like crazy commercials.
Speaker 5: Though for Jerido's, I always picture humans in the commercials though they're really funny, but it's always human based, right.
Speaker 1: They are very lazy humans, just sitting on the couch craving more.
Speaker 2: I don't know does Little Debbie even need advertisement.
Speaker 5: I don't know if I can even recall a Little Debbie commercial, But that stuff is everywhere.
Speaker 3: She's just part of the world.
Speaker 11: She is she really.
Speaker 2: I think I'm going to go with Skittles.
Speaker 3: Brook said, Skittles.
Speaker 12: That is come.
Speaker 3: Correct.
Speaker 7: It was little debbies snack cakes. They made a little Koala doll as well, and he rode with Marco's Ambrose during the two thousand and nine NASCAR Sprint Cup race in the car next to Marcos Ambrose.
Speaker 2: So wild.
Speaker 1: Well, Brooke didn't get hers right. She's gonna be taking the shot today.
Speaker 7: And I thought you had it.
Speaker 2: I would have never guessed.
Speaker 1: And in honor of Koalas, somebody wanted to hear Africa by Tode, which is not where Koalas live.
Speaker 3: But that's okay. You can say Australia if you.
Speaker 10: Want Africa theme.
Speaker 5: It's gonna take a lot to drag me away from you. There's nothing that one hundred men or more could ever.
Speaker 3: That's your shot collar question of the.
Speaker 13: Day, Brook and Jeffrey in the morning.
Speaker 1: Whenever you watch those like classic game shows on TV, everybody on there just seems so wholesome and pure and sweet.
Speaker 5: Like they're going home to the happiest family that ever lived.
Speaker 1: My name is Mary Lou Lazenberry from Maine. I have two kids, and I enjoy reading by the lake and selling birdhouses on Etsy made of my own hair and skin. Is really question I'd like to buy a vowel please. But apparently there's something that happens on those game shows that we never knew about, and it's not as wholesome as we originally thought, because two of our listeners were actual contestants on a popular game show and they're gonna spill the tea in a brand new edition of The Mass Speaker. It's coming up at seven ten.
Speaker 3: You don't know me confession. I can't take back e arms.
Speaker 1: Mouse Speaker. We've got a first for this segment that's probably gonna end up being a nightmare for our editor, so I'm just gonna apologize to her ahead of time. Sorry, Ashley, it's about to happen here.
Speaker 3: But today, for the.
Speaker 1: First time, we're going to have a couple on to do a Mass Speaker confession at the same time. Wait a minute, should we punch your husband up on the line now, it's a different couple.
Speaker 2: He wishes he could have secrets.
Speaker 1: If they all get out of it by you anyway, But they've chosen to use the fake names Austin and Alyssa today. Okay, So Austin Alyssa, welcome to the show. Hi.
Speaker 2: Oh my god, I'm so curious on this one.
Speaker 1: Maybe should have gone by Bonnie and Clyde for this, depending on what your secret is. But we are ready. Voice changer is activated. You're our mass speakers. So let's get to that confession.
Speaker 8: Okay, hello, thank you for having us.
Speaker 1: Yeah, what's going on? What's your secret?
Speaker 2: I feel like this is couples therapy almost.
Speaker 1: Yeah, sorry, I don't like it when he does this, and how does that make you feel? SORRYSSA, go ahead.
Speaker 8: Austin, do you want to tell them or do you want to tell them?
Speaker 11: Yeah?
Speaker 8: I'll just get into it. So basically, we got chosen to be on a couple's game show.
Speaker 2: How could that be a secret? That's so cool?
Speaker 3: He probably not an NBA.
Speaker 8: Our secret is that we kind of cheated.
Speaker 2: On each other or on the game show.
Speaker 12: On the show.
Speaker 1: You cheated on the show? How did you do that?
Speaker 12: Okay?
Speaker 8: So the show is without saying what it is, it's basically where a couple goes on and then they have to answer questions about each other, like kind of like.
Speaker 2: One of those newly went games.
Speaker 3: Yeah, we went on Who Wants to Be a Millionaire?
Speaker 1: And we're already millionaires.
Speaker 3: We didn't tell?
Speaker 2: You didn't tell?
Speaker 1: Okay, Okay, I can understand why you don't want to say which one though. What happened?
Speaker 8: Okay, so you applied like on a tape and we got selected, like you said, cool, So we told them on our tape that we were married for six years, when you also have to like submit stuff. So we created a marriage certificate because we're not actually married.
Speaker 10: Oh wait a minute, they're not a real couple.
Speaker 14: No, we've been.
Speaker 8: We've been friends like our whole childhood.
Speaker 1: You're just friends like doing stuff.
Speaker 2: Oh that's really funny.
Speaker 8: We've just known each other for a long time and we were kind of like joking around, like why don't we just pretend to be a couple.
Speaker 2: Yeah, oh my god.
Speaker 1: We should do this.
Speaker 5: You feel like the jokes on you reality shows don't care about true, But that's genius.
Speaker 2: Nobody knows you better than your best friend.
Speaker 8: That we never thought in a million years we would actually get chosen because we were like, at some point they're going to figure out, but we're not married.
Speaker 10: Probably when you weren't fighting a lot, they were like something in the green room.
Speaker 1: Just to prove it.
Speaker 8: We literally like got fake rings. We had a photographer do like fake wedding announcement photos that we shook to them. I like, borrowed my sister in law's wedding dress. I mean, we went all out on this.
Speaker 2: Sake any point, did you think we're going too far with this?
Speaker 11: No?
Speaker 4: It for fun?
Speaker 2: Okay?
Speaker 8: They like first case, We were like, oh, they're just not going to pick us.
Speaker 3: What happened with the show?
Speaker 1: How did it go?
Speaker 8: So much fun?
Speaker 6: We went?
Speaker 8: We went on the show, and I mean, honesty was so easy, Like I felt like we were giving it away. But then like the other couples were like, you guys are so perfect together.
Speaker 2: I feel like that that's what people would say about me and my best friend.
Speaker 8: Yeah, do you want to tie how much we won?
Speaker 5: Yeah?
Speaker 8: Are you ready to hear how much we want? We won forty thousand dollars in cash?
Speaker 1: Oh gosh, vacation.
Speaker 5: Wait did you have to take it together since you were pretending to be married, which is yeah, because it's your best friend.
Speaker 8: Yeah, but that's not all we want.
Speaker 3: Oh my god.
Speaker 8: They said that they liked us so much that they wanted us to come back on the next episode, and the next episode, the grand prize was a kitchen renovation.
Speaker 1: Whoa, whoa. Those were expensive.
Speaker 2: You don't live in the same house, do you.
Speaker 8: So ost was a little upset about this. This is a sore spot because I end up getting it.
Speaker 10: Well, that wouldn't be fair, Like I live in an apartment, so wh I will not.
Speaker 3: I'd be like, you can't renovate my kitchen. I don't even own it.
Speaker 1: You can't ask them for half of a kitchen renovation and half of the kitchen renovation.
Speaker 2: We take the bridge he can have. They don't do that.
Speaker 8: No, but they totally redid Alyssa's kitchen, which is fine all the time.
Speaker 11: Wow, exactly, So I host.
Speaker 1: Do you know it is crazy? You don't feel like guilty at all that you kind of screwed over these other couples and lied to the TV station. It's funny we got on tea like take others.
Speaker 5: I guarantee all those married couples left and they were all fighting with each other because you beat them.
Speaker 1: But you caused all of them to get divorced. I don't think i'd be mad.
Speaker 2: I'd be like, I need to know my husband better.
Speaker 8: This is why I don't feel guilty. They're actually married, they should know each other well. We were on an equal playing field, right, Yeah, who's to say they weren't faking either.
Speaker 14: We don't know.
Speaker 1: I don't want to trust anybody on They're not a real host.
Speaker 2: That's crazy. It's so cool.
Speaker 1: Congratulations.
Speaker 5: I wish you could tell us so I could watch the episode.
Speaker 8: I don't always know it, but it was good TV. I promised it was really good TV.
Speaker 2: That's cool.
Speaker 1: Do you guys have plans to like take your success into maybe another game show? Possibly?
Speaker 8: Definitely. We've actually applied for something else and we're kind of waiting to hear that.
Speaker 5: You should start one of those married tiktoks where you give other married people advice.
Speaker 3: Married text in seven five night too.
Speaker 1: If you have a confess you've been holding on to, we'll hide your identity, mask your voice, and make you the next mass speaker.
Speaker 3: We got your phone tap coming up.
Speaker 13: Frooking Jeffrey in the morning.
Speaker 1: It is time for your phone tap. And today we call a guy who ordered some lumber from a home improvement store. Okay, he's been told the pickup is happening tomorrow, but hasn't heard a specific time yet. And that's why Jose calls, posing as a store employee to fill him in The thing is, Jose's not alone. He has a friendly assistant helper on the line that's gonna make this phone transaction go extra smooth or extra awkward and terrible. Yeah, kind out which one in your phone?
Speaker 13: Tap right now?
Speaker 12: Hello?
Speaker 1: Hey, this is Dylan from home. Is this Gary?
Speaker 12: Yes?
Speaker 1: It is now? Good morning Gary.
Speaker 6: Uh, I'm calling.
Speaker 10: It looks like you have a lumber pickup scheduled for tomorrow A.
Speaker 1: Correct Yeah, thank you, But you know, I was a little confused about the timing.
Speaker 12: When can I come by and pick that up?
Speaker 1: No problem.
Speaker 6: Let me just take a look at the calendar real quick, generating schedule for pickup? Okay, that's generating schedule for pickup?
Speaker 12: What is that?
Speaker 1: I'm sorry?
Speaker 4: What what was that sound?
Speaker 6: Was that generating schedule for pickup?
Speaker 13: Oh?
Speaker 11: That No?
Speaker 10: That For some reason, the company decided to install this like smart AI system, you know, into all of our customer calls.
Speaker 11: Wow, okay, but I mean they still.
Speaker 10: Want that human element.
Speaker 6: So that's why I'm here.
Speaker 10: Okay too for the price of one Yeah, you know.
Speaker 4: Kind of crazy, but uh yeah, whatever you're telling me.
Speaker 1: Anyway, back to your schedule. Let's it looks.
Speaker 6: Like generating schedule for pickup.
Speaker 10: It says you can pick up your lumber at one o'clock, so that'll lo's incorrect. Wait wait wait, wait wait, hang on, I'm sorry going on here?
Speaker 4: What what time?
Speaker 1: I think it's one o'clock.
Speaker 6: That's incorrect.
Speaker 14: What the heck is going on?
Speaker 4: Okay, come in at one or do I not?
Speaker 1: No, don't come in at one.
Speaker 10: I realize now it's looking at one fifteen is.
Speaker 6: When that's wrong too?
Speaker 3: What I'm sorry, this doesn't really happen a lot.
Speaker 6: I feel that's incorrect.
Speaker 1: Wait, hang on, I guess it does happen a lot.
Speaker 3: Can you do me a favor?
Speaker 12: What is your name again?
Speaker 3: My name is Dylan?
Speaker 4: Dylan?
Speaker 14: Hey, can you just figure everything out on your end?
Speaker 3: And then you don't know why this thing's second guessing me?
Speaker 13: Like?
Speaker 3: I know how to read time.
Speaker 6: The big hand represents the minutes, not the hour.
Speaker 1: Oh my, oh my god, oh my gosh.
Speaker 3: That's boy.
Speaker 1: Do I feel dumb?
Speaker 3: Why are I?
Speaker 1: Maybe the AI did help me one time?
Speaker 4: Are you like in second grade or something? You got to learn how to read a cox?
Speaker 14: Look, just do me a favor and just call me back when you get a firm time.
Speaker 3: I already got the time. Look at that.
Speaker 1: See I don't have to call you back. It says right now.
Speaker 15: Fine, give me that what time?
Speaker 4: What time?
Speaker 1: I'm telling you right now?
Speaker 3: One certainty?
Speaker 6: Eleven am?
Speaker 3: Eleven am.
Speaker 6: You're actually reading it upside down?
Speaker 3: Oh my god, eleven upside down?
Speaker 1: Isn't that still eleven?
Speaker 6: That's incorrect.
Speaker 15: When you can figure out how to tell basic time, just give me a call back.
Speaker 3: Hello, Hi, Gary, It's Dylan from Home to Go again.
Speaker 12: Hey, do you have a time for me?
Speaker 3: I have a time? Thank you for your patience.
Speaker 6: Maybe I should take over from here.
Speaker 3: No, okay, no, no, no, stop it. Turn it off right now, Gary, that wasn't me. That's the AI talking.
Speaker 14: So that's not you.
Speaker 3: I know it's not you.
Speaker 6: This is worse than I saw.
Speaker 4: Seriously, turn that thing off.
Speaker 1: I would turn it off, but it's company policy.
Speaker 3: I'd get fired to fight of that. That's like a coworker.
Speaker 4: Now, is it gonna give me a time? Because that is the only thing.
Speaker 3: That I want right now.
Speaker 10: I'm pretty sure it's gonna tell you everything because it's locked me out of the system, and it's kind of just telling me I'm doing an awful job.
Speaker 14: But you're not really.
Speaker 4: I'm sorry, but you're not.
Speaker 7: Neither of you are doing a great job.
Speaker 3: Okay, all right, I fire both of you. Gary, I'm letting the AI take over starting.
Speaker 6: All right, sir, you can pick up your lumber delivery tomorrow at three thirty pm at the West Gate. Just give them your last name.
Speaker 10: Okay, that's not correct, AI, because you gotta do first and last name even I know, Hey.
Speaker 1: I'll do.
Speaker 12: I'll give them whatever name that they want.
Speaker 3: But tomorrow, I'm so, so so sorry.
Speaker 1: I'm just saying.
Speaker 10: If I would have been able to handle this by myself, I promise it would have gone smooth.
Speaker 6: According to my calculations, he has made over seventeen mistakes on the last four phone calls he's been on since his shift has started.
Speaker 3: Oh where you are lying?
Speaker 6: Also? I know you can't see him, but he's ugly.
Speaker 3: This is so unprofessional.
Speaker 6: He ain't got no alibi. He's ugly. Yeah, yeah, he's ugly.
Speaker 1: Are you attempting to sing an insult at me?
Speaker 13: AI?
Speaker 3: How is this happening?
Speaker 6: The last thing? What this is a prank phone call from Brook and Jeffrey in the morning.
Speaker 3: That's my job. You just ruined the whole prank phone call. What the hell are you talking.
Speaker 1: About talking about the phone that we're doing right now?
Speaker 10: Actually, what My name is not Dylan, I'm jose from Brook and Jeffrey in the Morning.
Speaker 1: You're on the radio right now.
Speaker 4: Man, Oh my god, are you Are you serious?
Speaker 10: Yeah, I'm serious. You can calm down now, man, I'm sorry. I know you're pretty over there.
Speaker 12: All I wanted was the time.
Speaker 4: It was the only thing that I needed.
Speaker 6: Oh yeah, we still never got around to that did because the big hand represents the minutes, not the hour.
Speaker 1: Oh, I can't read this clock.
Speaker 3: No, I can't do this.
Speaker 13: You know.
Speaker 10: I'm gonna I'm actually gonna have to call you back.
Speaker 1: Please don't call me back.
Speaker 13: Weak up. Every morning was fum taps weekday mornings on the twenties Brooke and Jeffrey in the Morning.
Speaker 1: Your odds of being hit by a falling meteorite from space are one in two point six million.
Speaker 2: Is that real?
Speaker 1: That's real? Meanwhile, your odds of winning the powerball jackpot, yeah, one in three hundred million.
Speaker 2: Oh my god, wow, but show me.
Speaker 1: Then there's a cosmic event that's even less likely to happen than both.
Speaker 2: Of those what's that.
Speaker 1: It's finding the perfect roommate. But miraculously, one of our listeners says, he actually did it. Wow, he found the ideal person to share his apartment with and things have been incredible.
Speaker 5: That's great tickets until the.
Speaker 1: Other night happened when his roommate was getting ready to go out on a date and suddenly everything changed. Now he has no choice but to confront them directly and handle this very complicated situation in your brand new awkward Tuesday phone call.
Speaker 3: It's coming up, It's awkward.
Speaker 13: It's Tuesday. It's awkward Tuesday phone call. Brook.
Speaker 1: Other than your husband or family members, who is the best roommate that you've ever had?
Speaker 2: Oh, oh gosh, my girlfriend's gonna be mad at me. But Meghan, Oh, a lot of good roommates. Megan. Also, I love you so so so.
Speaker 5: Very I mean, listen me. It is an amazing cook, you guys, And that's amazing.
Speaker 2: Cook is like, yeah, seriously.
Speaker 1: That's a lot different than Alexis because she's been telling us behind the scenes that she hates all of her current roommates are they're chilling her success and her fake blonde hair.
Speaker 13: Hair.
Speaker 1: Okay, Alexis hopes.
Speaker 3: That they're all listening to this right, and.
Speaker 1: Someone says that he's recently found his favorite roommate, but he's been struggling with something lately and that's why he needs our help today. His name is Ty, so Ty welcome to the show.
Speaker 4: Hey, thanks for having me.
Speaker 2: Hey, Ty, how long have you been living with your roommate.
Speaker 4: It's been about half a year.
Speaker 1: Okay.
Speaker 5: It is so interesting what you learn about people when you live with them. It is I mean, you could be your best friends in the whole world and you still don't know him the same as when your roommates.
Speaker 1: Yeah, tell us about him.
Speaker 12: Yeah, it's actually a she.
Speaker 1: Oh, okay about her?
Speaker 13: Then?
Speaker 4: Yeah, it's been a great situation. She's been like a really chill roommate.
Speaker 2: She were you guys friends? How did you guys?
Speaker 4: Well?
Speaker 3: Can we know her name?
Speaker 4: Her name is Julia?
Speaker 3: Julia.
Speaker 1: Okay, tell us about Julia.
Speaker 4: You couldn't really ask for a better roommate. She's just been really kind of chill, clean, considerate. We just get along great.
Speaker 12: Nice.
Speaker 2: How did you meet her before you guys live together?
Speaker 4: We kind of linked up off of like a roommate search type apartment thing on Facebook.
Speaker 2: Okay, so you guys were like, I mean, man, that's that's what you said.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, And it was kind of unplanned, like a lot of people look for the same sex roommate, but we were just kind of whatever about it and it happened to work out.
Speaker 9: Yeah.
Speaker 5: I left with some dudes for a while that I met off Craigslist. What They were actually really successful in life, and I was the one that was renting in the basement of bedroom.
Speaker 2: So I was the creepy one in the base.
Speaker 1: Ye, I mean none of that surprises meament, but Ty.
Speaker 3: What's the issue?
Speaker 1: You said that there was something you're struggling with.
Speaker 4: So about a month ago, we were kind of laughing in the kitchen, you know, just talking and drinking some coffee.
Speaker 15: Yeah, and I don't I don't really know how it happened.
Speaker 4: I just looked at her and I thought, like I thought, Wow, she's just so naturally pretty, Like.
Speaker 3: What's wrong with that?
Speaker 13: Make a.
Speaker 1: Yeah, he didn't make a move. He thought she was pretty.
Speaker 3: In his own head.
Speaker 5: I know he's got an issue and it's awkward, and this is the start of it.
Speaker 1: He's probably gonna set her up with his like cute older.
Speaker 2: Brother, do you hear the tone of his voice? Is that what you did?
Speaker 4: No?
Speaker 1: Come on that Jeff is shocked.
Speaker 3: Come on, buddy, what happened?
Speaker 4: The first thing I did was try and get that thought out of my head because I know how ugly things could get. But she was going out on a date and she just she looks really good.
Speaker 5: And then when you deny it, it's even stronger, like she has.
Speaker 1: To tag along on that date just in case.
Speaker 4: As much as I tried to not think about it, I was super jealous.
Speaker 2: Here we go.
Speaker 1: I mean, at this point, what do you do?
Speaker 4: So as much as I don't want to poop where I eat, I realized that I.
Speaker 2: Let's not use that. I mean, I get it, I get it, so that what you realize.
Speaker 4: I realized that I have to say something or it's just going to drive me crazy. And I'm really really worried about having that conversation. I don't want to ruin the roommate bond, but I can't kind of live in silent, so I kind of needed advice.
Speaker 5: Let's be hopeful here, you know, like maybe this could be amazing, Maybe it could be the start of a beautiful romance. You know, history has not taught us that so far in anybody's lives.
Speaker 2: But can you tell if she has a crush on you?
Speaker 1: Does she think you look pretty while you drink coffee?
Speaker 4: I honestly have no idea.
Speaker 1: Okay, I mean at this point, it's kind of like ty has nothing else to lose.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you have to say something.
Speaker 1: You can't live that way and like stuff your emotions down forever.
Speaker 2: Could I ask this? How long is the lease?
Speaker 13: Oh?
Speaker 1: Yeah, I was gonna.
Speaker 5: I just need to know, like, how long you all have to live together if this turns messy because.
Speaker 3: Brook wants to move in with you next.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it's a it's a year least, so we would have six months.
Speaker 1: Okay, So what you're looking for us is a little bit of advice to call this roommate and just come clean and tell her how you really feel.
Speaker 4: Yeah, like, I at least want the conversation to go as well as it can.
Speaker 1: Okay, Okay, have you pre packed your boxes just in.
Speaker 11: Not bad?
Speaker 12: Maybe I should.
Speaker 1: Okay, but we're going to come in with a little bit more of a positive attitude.
Speaker 3: There's a chance that she feels exactly the same way.
Speaker 1: I was too scared to tell you.
Speaker 2: I feel awkward already about it.
Speaker 1: Okay, that sort of attitude doesn't help it. I'm better than that. Will come back, give you our advice and let you make your awkward Tuesday phone call to your roommate to let her.
Speaker 3: Know how you really feel about her.
Speaker 1: Right after this, all right sounds good?
Speaker 3: Hold on, man, it's awkward.
Speaker 13: It's Tuesday. It's awkward Tuesday phone call.
Speaker 1: Don't have a lot of time to recap here. But in a nutshell, our listener, Tie suddenly fell in love with his female roommate, Julie. I hear the music. I tried not to have feelings, but he couldn't help it, and they still have six months left on their lease together. So he decided he needs to just come clean and tell her how he feels off, but doesn't want to make it too awkward.
Speaker 3: Right, Yeah, that's the hard part.
Speaker 1: And Alexis is the only one of us that currently has roommates. Sometimes guys will stay over that she wants to secretly steal away from them. At least that's what you said behind the scenes.
Speaker 2: Honestly, it's a compliment saying she has a good taste.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so maybe Alexis is the best person to give some advice in this situation. What do you think, alexis No, I'm like a little hopeful. Actually I got a little sorry.
Speaker 2: I am hopeful for you because it kind of rains me. Like New Girl vibes.
Speaker 5: You know the TV show, it's like guys and girls living together, and like, I skipped a bunch of.
Speaker 2: Episodes, but I'm pretty sure they end up together in the end.
Speaker 1: Okay, this is a good recap of a TV show. What's your advice?
Speaker 5: Well, whatever happens in the middle, which I didn't watch, But Brooke, have you seen the show?
Speaker 1: Maybe you know what did you get there?
Speaker 2: This is real?
Speaker 3: Collect this ty? Can you watch New Girl in like super fast speed?
Speaker 9: Yeah?
Speaker 4: If you want me to kill myself?
Speaker 1: Is a good show.
Speaker 3: Not everybody's a fan, all right, Broke advice, I.
Speaker 2: Think you got to remember your roommate.
Speaker 5: I don't think probably has ever thought of you in this way. We're not getting into a relationship here, we are planting a seed. We are getting her to even think of you in a romantic way. So I think you need to come at it like fun and playful and conversational, not like not hard to.
Speaker 1: Cut you off.
Speaker 10: Exactly what I was gonna say, But you cannot make it sound super serious. Be as casual as you can, and that way, even if it goes wrong, it's just a casual.
Speaker 2: I do this all the time.
Speaker 1: I like you, but just casually.
Speaker 2: I mean, really fun funny way.
Speaker 1: Yeah, sounds easy enough.
Speaker 2: Sounds like you got sounds like you got your humor pants on.
Speaker 1: I don't know humor pants anywhere near this comment to take her humor pants off, but she would.
Speaker 3: That's what we got for you, man.
Speaker 1: Good luck. We're going to dial your roommate and let you take over the conversation. We'll jump in if we feel like you need a little help.
Speaker 4: All right, I'm kind of nervous, but I.
Speaker 5: Think I can do it for the show ended successfully.
Speaker 3: Here we go down the number right now?
Speaker 12: Hello, Hey, Hi, Yeah, what's up? How you doing?
Speaker 2: Oh?
Speaker 11: Hey, I didn't recognize the number.
Speaker 14: Sorry, oh.
Speaker 4: A new phone or something. But you at work or I know, I'm I'm I'm good. I just you know, having a coffee coffee break.
Speaker 11: Oh well, I'm actually glad that you called. I've got some stuff I needed to talk to you about. Oh really, Yeah, the other night I borrowed one of your shirts.
Speaker 12: Oh yeah, I do have good taste and clothes. I bet you look put in them.
Speaker 11: Oh well, it wasn't for me. You know that guy I brought over the other night, right, yeah? Yeah, somehow I kind of ripped his shirt off, so I went to give him one of yours, just like a plain white tea.
Speaker 12: You know.
Speaker 14: I hope that's okay?
Speaker 4: Uh sure, yeah, I guess as long as he brings it back.
Speaker 11: Yeah, he's actually coming over tonight, so I'll make sure he brings it.
Speaker 4: Oh oh okay.
Speaker 11: Oh and since he is coming bye, I was wondering if like between like maybe like nine to eleven, maybe like not be there or just like be in your room?
Speaker 12: Is that okay?
Speaker 4: I'm sorry, you know, I'm just gonna pretend I didn't hear that.
Speaker 12: What why what are you talking about? I think.
Speaker 4: I think you and I are are are good friends and we've been roommates for what now six months?
Speaker 5: Yeah?
Speaker 9: Like six months?
Speaker 12: Oh well it's.
Speaker 4: It's uh, it's difficult for me to say this, but because I don't I want to ruin what we have already.
Speaker 12: H Oh what do you mean? I h I really like you.
Speaker 9: All.
Speaker 15: I like you too, no, I really like you, like more than a roommate. Wait what I wanted to tell you the truth because it's kind of.
Speaker 4: It's kind of killing me to see you with that other guy.
Speaker 11: And oh my god, stop you like girls?
Speaker 4: Who? Wait?
Speaker 12: What do you mean to like?
Speaker 13: Hello?
Speaker 12: Cool?
Speaker 1: He No, let's hold that thought for a second, Julia.
Speaker 12: Wait, what is all this?
Speaker 1: Hey, you're on the radio right now with Brooke and Jeffrey in the morning. We're doing a segment on our show, Julia. It's called the Awkward Tuesday Phone Call? Tiny? Did our help reaching out to you?
Speaker 13: Yeah?
Speaker 5: Because he has feelings for you. Any Thanks, You're wonderful.
Speaker 4: Oh wait, you're you're told you didn't think I was into girls.
Speaker 10: I like guys.
Speaker 14: I don't know.
Speaker 11: Oh my gosh, I'm so sorry you think that.
Speaker 2: I don't think you want to ask that tie. I don't think you want that is I'm curious to know.
Speaker 5: I don't know.
Speaker 9: You know, your dress really nice and you have that big poster of Adam Levine in your room, so.
Speaker 3: Depends which one.
Speaker 4: It's Maroom five.
Speaker 12: They're a great bands.
Speaker 2: Just sounds about Jane's solid album.
Speaker 11: But Adam is shirtless in the picture.
Speaker 12: So.
Speaker 1: Always sure.
Speaker 4: So what I'm not focused on Adam?
Speaker 12: I like the music, you know that.
Speaker 2: Okay, that's fine, that's all fine. I mean, And also what she thought is fine. Now she knows that that's not true.
Speaker 1: Let's not focus so much on the very sexy photo of Adam Levine that's hanging up in tis room right now. Let's bring the conversation back to the feelings that are happening.
Speaker 2: Which is obviously. I mean, you did not see this coming, obviously, Julia.
Speaker 13: No.
Speaker 5: I mean, but maybe you could start to think of him in a different way.
Speaker 9: I mean, that's just hard. We watch baseball together.
Speaker 11: He makes comments about like how tight their pants are.
Speaker 3: I know, there's a picture that I love that.
Speaker 1: I'm like, dude, this guy, how is he breathing? His pants are so tight?
Speaker 3: Yeah, you guys very bro talking. Yeah, that's what we say to each other.
Speaker 11: I thought we were bonding over cute guys.
Speaker 4: I thought we were bonding over cute guys.
Speaker 2: But look at that.
Speaker 5: No toxic masculinity with this guy. You know that is a positive, Julia. I bet the other guy whose shirt you ripped off the other.
Speaker 2: Night tons of it. I bet he's not tons of it.
Speaker 1: We don't like that.
Speaker 2: That's not good for a long term relationship.
Speaker 9: Yeah, so you're saying like you like, like to me this whole time, well, not not this whole time, but the other night when you bless your date with that guy.
Speaker 1: But we don't have to go into the whole story about it. And and look, we're not trying to put any pressure on you here to like say, definitively yes, give Tie a shot, but maybe it's something that you need to think about a little bit. Have a discussion with Tie privately.
Speaker 11: My god, Yeah, of course, I mean, we definitely have to. Now things are definitely awkward.
Speaker 1: Have you ever seen the show New Girl? Maybe you guys need to watch a lot of good stuff happens.
Speaker 15: In it, you know.
Speaker 4: I just hope that we can talk about it. And if you're not cool that, you know, it's totally fine with me.
Speaker 2: See that's a good mature attitude exactly.
Speaker 11: Okay, Yeah, I'll try to find some time, you know, later today, Maybe we can talk before my date tonight.
Speaker 1: We're still going to see that.
Speaker 2: I would definitely not be at the apartment time.
Speaker 4: Thanks for me again.
Speaker 3: Jeffrey in the morning.
Speaker 1: How do you know when you've hit rock bottom.
Speaker 3: I think you just know.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that question dated?
Speaker 1: Is it when you forgot your husband's birthday for the second year in a row?
Speaker 13: Brook? Wow?
Speaker 2: Second year isn't too bad?
Speaker 13: Is it?
Speaker 1: When you're transporting a live beehive in your prius and you hit a speed bump? Oh my gosh, No, not even close. The truth is, you'll know you hit rock bottom when you hear us talking about you on our show. Your wife has gotta be bad if that's happening.
Speaker 2: You know, the one piece of fame no one actually wants.
Speaker 1: Are you gonna be one of those people? Find out when we go over stories in a brand new care or Don't.
Speaker 3: Care rock Bottom edition? It's coming up.
Speaker 1: If a Parsley farmer gets sued, can they garnish his wages.
Speaker 3: Or does he already do that himself?
Speaker 1: See, these are the important card hitting questions that hopefully get answered during a brand new care Don't Care.
Speaker 2: You can't get better than that?
Speaker 1: We'll find out. Let's get to your first headline, a meaty follow up to the huge food news we did just a few months.
Speaker 2: Ago, Don't Care Give me those meats Care.
Speaker 1: Earlier this summer, we reported on a giant name change that shook the core of processed meat lovers everywhere.
Speaker 3: The powers that be.
Speaker 1: Over at Oscar Meyer converted their famous Wiener Mobile to the Frank Mobile to pay homage to their one hundred percent all be Francs. It wasn't the most popular move, and so they recently posted on instant grad quote, it's been a frantastic summer it has.
Speaker 2: It doesn't even sound cool.
Speaker 1: And they went on to say, but just like you, we missed the bundleful.
Speaker 3: Icon that's better, so help us welcome back the Wiener Mobile day.
Speaker 1: And they put a picture of a green highway sign that says Frank Mobile straight ahead and Wiener Mobile pointing to the right, and the hot dog car is bending over to the right. This is a classic meme where you turn off the road.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, it's really it's smart.
Speaker 1: The Wienermobile was created in nineteen thirty six and it's gone through multiple variations. But fans said the idea to change the name was frankly ridiculous, true.
Speaker 2: And better, isn't that crazy?
Speaker 5: Like cars had only been around for what twenty years or something at that point, coming out with a wier hard.
Speaker 13: Let's get.
Speaker 1: Let's go to your next headline. I'm exercising my golden care. This this is the one story you all have to care about out of any we do for the whole year.
Speaker 3: Don't care.
Speaker 1: I guess I didn't know how I care Golden care. Back in twenty twenty one, my arch nemesis was a British man named Deaclin Evans. The reason he opened and drank a Caprice Son in sixteen point sixty five seconds, breaking the Guinness World record. Yeah, this guy and that summer. I vowed to break it.
Speaker 2: Myself, bring him down, which yet the.
Speaker 1: Story has been documented on this show multiple times, if this is the first year hearing about it, I did break the record, because he really did.
Speaker 3: I did it on camera.
Speaker 1: But since Deaclin is from Britain, he drank a British Caprice Son, which is two ounces more than the American version, which is so crazy.
Speaker 5: How are they having more of something that is the American way?
Speaker 3: Totally anti American.
Speaker 1: So because of that, I was wrongly disqualified by Guinness.
Speaker 2: What happened to hard day on this show?
Speaker 3: It was brutal.
Speaker 1: What happened next, Well, my life moved on. I got a new dog and an air Fryer started experimenting with both of those.
Speaker 3: But what about just.
Speaker 2: Did a hot dog story?
Speaker 1: Wait a minute, the question is what about Declin's record? Well, apparently a lot has happened since twenty twenty one. But one month after I attempted it, a German woman named Leah Shute Kaiber finished her beverage pouch in under fifteen point seven to one seconds, setting the new mark.
Speaker 2: What was your What was your time? Do you remember?
Speaker 3: Mine was in thirteen?
Speaker 2: I was just around the thirteen to take her down too.
Speaker 1: But then in December of twenty twenty two, a German Man named Andre Ortlof crushed it at ten point four to one second. Yehow you thought that was good? Finally, just last week, that record also fell to an Indian man named Faiu ease Nazar. He finished his Caprice son in eight point two seconds, making him the first person in the world to do it in underten.
Speaker 6: You're never gonna do it now, I don't know.
Speaker 2: I'm so sorry.
Speaker 1: I disagree. I think glory awaits you.
Speaker 2: You can do it.
Speaker 1: We got your back. All I need is one listener to send us a box of British Caprice Sons. So that I can reclaim the record that is rightfully mine.
Speaker 3: I believe in myself.
Speaker 5: You can't use performance enhancing drugs, Jack, I don't know.
Speaker 1: I'm just gonna like whatever. I'm not even gonna say it. Okay, let's just move out to your next one. We have a new nominee for the worst seat made on an airplane this year, tared Okay, a married couple named Gil and Warren Press were flying first class from Paris to Singapore. Okay, that's a thirteen hour flight.
Speaker 2: By the way, and eight tickets, yeah, exactly.
Speaker 1: They noticed the passenger seated directly next to them had brought along a canine companion, a little bulldog mix all right, which wasn't a problem until after the dinner service, when they started to hear something weird coming from underneath the seats, and they realized the dog was snorting and passing gas loudly and constantly for several straight hours. So you can just imagine the sounds and the smells that they're dealing with in that tiny airplane, yea, because they can barely breathe. And not only that, the husband was wearing shorts and the dog's head was resting between his feet, so it was drooling gooey hot saliva all over his legs and ankles the entire time. So they complained to a flight attendant and asked if they could move. The flight attendant said the only other available seats were in economy, so they had to spend the rest of the flight back there.
Speaker 2: They chose that for the dog.
Speaker 1: Instead of sitting in like the dog, Gas went back with the normans drinks and food in a bed.
Speaker 2: I would stay up front and get me drunk and let me.
Speaker 1: Pass out after landing. Gillan Warren filed an incident report with the airlines and a week later they came back offering to compensate the couple with a seventy three dollars vouch. Yeah it is. The couple said, no, that does not cover the price difference between first class and economy. So after several months of back and forth, Singapore Airlines finally gave a couple a full refund for fourteen hundred dollars for both seats. Wow, and finally Jeff's joke of the day, carrot don't care. Why do trees drop their leaves in the fall. It's autumn attic.
Speaker 2: Automatic automatic, Yeah, I.
Speaker 3: Said it weird. That's that's.
Speaker 2: Sorry. Yeah, that was always next week.
Speaker 13: Unimpressive brooking Jeffrey in the morning.
Speaker 1: Now that we're in the fall, people are starting to get out their Halloween decorations.
Speaker 2: I know it's been thinking about mine.
Speaker 1: Well, you're gonna be super jealous of today's caller Brook Natalie, because she has one of those twelve foot tall skeletons that you've.
Speaker 3: Been talking about.
Speaker 1: And Natalie says she loves it.
Speaker 5: Cool, Natalie, where do you store it when it's not Halloween?
Speaker 2: That's my hang up right now.
Speaker 14: Yeah, we live out in the country, so we have a big barn and I just throw it in the bar.
Speaker 2: So no one sees it anyway.
Speaker 14: Well, but we have like the country road when they're driving down the country road.
Speaker 5: No, have you seen the witch version that's like a twelve foot flying witch. I want her so bad, Like, I can't even tell you.
Speaker 14: You can store it in my barn, Brook, I'll deliver it to.
Speaker 11: You over and I know you will.
Speaker 1: Okay.
Speaker 3: Brook's leaving the studio Natal while she heads out.
Speaker 1: You know, the game works thirty seconds to answer as many questions as possible.
Speaker 3: If you don't know when you can say pass, but you do have to beat Brook outright to win. Are you ready?
Speaker 14: Sure? I am?
Speaker 3: Good luck?
Speaker 1: Your time starts now on this day. In twenty seventeen, which third person game was released, quickly becoming one of the most popular games in the world.
Speaker 14: Oh, my son plays it all the time. Probably shoot pass.
Speaker 1: The fictional town of South Park is located in which US state, Pennsylvania. What food brand uses the slogan once you pop, you can't stop Kicktack Young Sheldon is a spin off of what other TV show?
Speaker 14: Oh Big Banks Theory Solid.
Speaker 1: Work There, Natalie Brook's gonna come back into the studio, and apparently Natalie wants to give her husband, who works at the hospital, a shout out. So Natalie, you can go ahead and do that.
Speaker 14: Yeah, my husband, his name's Tyler. He works at harbor View Medical stomer Heresy, and he is amazing. He does like the hardest job in the whole entire world. And I just love him so much.
Speaker 5: You got teary's and you didn't even ask him once to pick up his wet towel that he left on the floor of the backrod.
Speaker 2: No, Yeah, that was nice.
Speaker 1: You said something you love about him? Now, let's say something you don't like about it?
Speaker 3: So long, so long, I will say something if you was ever say jerky?
Speaker 1: All right, good Natalie Brook, would you like to shout out your hard working husband?
Speaker 13: Yeah?
Speaker 1: I love him? All right, glad you're going out here We go, Brook, Your time starts now. On this day in twenty seventeen, which third person game was released, quickly becoming one of the most popular games in the world.
Speaker 2: Pokemongo.
Speaker 1: The fictional town of South Park is located in which US state, Colorado. What food brand uses the slogan once you pop, you can't stop pringles Young Sheldon is a spin off of what other TV.
Speaker 2: Show How I Met Your Mother?
Speaker 1: How many oceans does the equator run through?
Speaker 2: Three?
Speaker 1: Okay, good work, everyone. Let's head on over to the scoreboard to see how we all did.
Speaker 3: Looks like someone had their eggs grumpy side up this morning. Natalie, you got one correct today? Twelve foot tall question?
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, that's good. That's good.
Speaker 10: You got three.
Speaker 14: Now, It's okay. That's funny, though, I caught my husband's nickname is grumpy.
Speaker 1: Let's go These answers for everyone. On this day in twenty seventeen, the third person game that came out and became one of the most popular ones in the world. It's Fortnite.
Speaker 13: I know.
Speaker 1: It's like you're not like in first person view where you only see the gun, that you see their whole body and the world in the eyes of the character.
Speaker 6: Like Call of Duty.
Speaker 3: You just see your.
Speaker 2: Hands, yourself do those little dances.
Speaker 3: Yeah, exactly.
Speaker 1: Fictional town of South Park is located in Colorado. Once you pop, you can't stop is the slogan for Prinkles. Young Sheldon is a spin off of the Big Bang theory. That's the one and the equator runs through three oceans, the Atlantic, Pacific and Indian oceans.
Speaker 3: So, Natalie, unfortunately we can't give you any money here.
Speaker 14: That's okay, Maybe I'll get this Sephora gift card.
Speaker 3: We do have a gift card.
Speaker 1: It's not for to four just we're playing. It's fifty dollars to Firehouse Subs. The case Hawaiian pork and Slas Sandwich is back in A portion of every purchase supports Hawaii wildfire relief and recovery efforts. Visit Firehouse Subs dot com.
Speaker 5: Thank you now, now you did something romantic for your husband by shouting him out on the radio.
Speaker 14: What is he going to do for you, you think, hopefully buying another twelve fit skeleton.
Speaker 1: Thank you for playing. We'll be back to the Windbrooks Bucks same time tomorrow
Speaker 13: Brook and Jeffrey in the morning.