Speaker 1: Wake your ass up. The Breakfast Club is old.
Speaker 2: Wait got the Breakfast Club Envy and Charlomagne the voice of the culture.
Speaker 1: You then, I'm gonna come here when this thing see y'all different, y'all the coach, it's different.
Speaker 3: You know what I'm saying. Like y'all know what y'all talk.
Speaker 4: This is probably becoming the most prominent form for here.
Speaker 5: Probably be here next to all of you guys. It's really put.
Speaker 6: It in perspective to the breakfast club bitches.
Speaker 1: Wake up. Good morning Usa yo yo.
Speaker 7: Yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo.
Speaker 1: Charlomagne, the god Peace to the planet. Guess what day it is? Guess what day it is?
Speaker 2: Yes, So we have our special guest, long La Rosa, hanging out with us this morning.
Speaker 5: She is Good morning, Lauren, Good morning everybody. I'm back.
Speaker 1: How y'all feel today? Man?
Speaker 5: I feel great?
Speaker 1: Yeah, I feel blessed, black and holly favored.
Speaker 6: Ready to serve on this fine Wednesday morning, Ready to serve the beautiful listeners this club.
Speaker 1: What's happening alright? Like my candles yet?
Speaker 5: Damn Kerry's flipping with the candles.
Speaker 2: No, Kerrie Washington will be joining us this morning. She has a new book called Thicker than Water. We'll be chopping it up with her in a little bit on Kerry Washington gonna be joining uhing I didn't say that you could tell him?
Speaker 1: I heard you, all right? Why you asked me? Jesus Christ?
Speaker 6: All right, making a conversation. I mean, that's what the radio show is all about.
Speaker 2: Let's get this show crack in. Today's Little Wayne's birthday. So can we start to make the show off with some liw Wayne?
Speaker 1: Can we pull up some little Wayne?
Speaker 8: It is amazing how you ride now and you realize, you know, he is the culture before his birthday.
Speaker 1: That's right.
Speaker 6: You was in here doing a versus with Nihla getting bodied flew to fifty. We love fifty. He's an icon as well. But we told you that Wayne was the guy. Now, now all of a sudden, you want to be all over Wayne.
Speaker 2: Every time that you want to play his You know what, shchik Daddy's Birthda pull up trick Daddy.
Speaker 1: Now now you're talking about another legend.
Speaker 2: I'm just saying that both their birthdays, we say put both their songs.
Speaker 5: And feel for Wayne.
Speaker 8: Every time you take your birthday you should drop a reason why he's iconic too. This is not I just have never in my life. The one, the one person people don't argue is Wayne. You were the only person I've ever heard in my life. It's only thirty one years, but I mean, he is your favorite. He's not my favorite rapper, but like I would never say that he's not iconic in that, I just.
Speaker 1: Say he was ic.
Speaker 6: You don't have to be your favorite rapper in order for you to be objective and say he's top five that are alive and if we're being a real objective top three lyric.
Speaker 1: Who's your favorite rapper?
Speaker 8: I figured with Eminem x eminem, Oh you angry already this word box.
Speaker 1: It's six. I'm not gonna it.
Speaker 5: Is it is.
Speaker 8: We're not carrying that that that.
Speaker 6: If to day Lil Wayne and Trick Daddy boyn Day. You know t I had a born day this week, so we were really prepared. We'd be playing stand up featuring Little John, Trick Daddy and Lil Wayne. That's off the urban legend, I'm classic classic record. Now you know we're not to have prepared. What record we got classic class? We got a easy record?
Speaker 1: Which one we doing? Millie? Let's do a million? Of course, y'a a million. Let's still a MILLI of course y'all.
Speaker 9: Will do it. Mili.
Speaker 5: Why y'all doing this one? Because tell usself was dancing to it. I just can't a man.
Speaker 2: Let's get the show cracking. It's the Breakfast Club, Good Morning, front Paysons, Next Morning, everybody. It's dj n V, Charlemagne the Goud. We are the Breakfast Club. We got our special guest co host Laura la Rossa with us, and let's get in some front page news.
Speaker 10: Good Morning Morning, Breakfast Club Family, dj m V, Lauren and Charlemagne the God Morning.
Speaker 2: Now let's jump right into it. Donald Trump, Now they're saying he's liable for fraud.
Speaker 10: Oh yeah, that's what they are saying, meaning the judge. Let's listen to the report by ABC and then I'll come back and we'll break down the details.
Speaker 7: A judge in New York hash determined former president and Trump committed stem fraud, lying for years about his net worth by inflating the value of his real estate portfolio. The fraud was so overwhelming the judge decided there was no need for him to even hear evidence or testimony at a civil trial set to begin next month. The judge found Trump inflated the value of his Fifth Avenue apartment in Trump Tower by as much as two hundred million dollars by claiming it was triple its actual size. Trump said marl Lago was worth up to six hundred million dollars, when the judge said the Palm Beach estate's assessed value was no more than twenty seven million. The judge, agreeing with New York Attorney General Letitia James, Trump overstated his net worth by as much as two point two billion dollars, duping banks, insurance companies, and other business partners into giving Trump, his eldest sons and their family real estate business better terms than deserved.
Speaker 5: That's the same.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I didn't know stuff like that was up to judge. Yeah, I didn't know. I didn't know you have to go to trial.
Speaker 6: I didn't know stuff like that was up to the person who owns the property. I thought, you don't have people come out and.
Speaker 5: Yeah, but I mean go ahead.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 10: Apparently it looked like it might even be some conspiracy going on. Because again, yeah, somebody has to do the appraisal U. But he was able to get a praise for more and that's the whole thing, the whole fried piece.
Speaker 11: So yeah, so we forgot about this civil case. A lot of folks keep talking about.
Speaker 10: Remember there's still four indictments of January sixth, the Georgia election, the classify documents, the hush money, and then this is the civil case.
Speaker 2: I'm very confused for two reasons. One, I didn't know you didn't. I thought that everybody had a fair trial or a chance at a fair trial, because it just sae, we ain't even going to trial.
Speaker 1: I've never heard that.
Speaker 11: Well, this is a civil case. So a judge, Yeah, so this was a civil.
Speaker 1: Case case and you don't have to go to trial.
Speaker 10: Yeah, the if this was so overwhelming that it wasn't any point of the trial. So with the trial, so what's gonna happen on Monday or next week if you will, Uh, the they will decide what the fee will be. So there with two hundred and fifty million dollars, so the trial technically was really won't be a trial. It would just be determined the penalties. In addition to that, the George. The judge ordered that his business licenses basically be rescinded as punishment, making it difficult or almost impossible for him to do business in New York. They also want to continue to monitor the Trump organizations operations, which may cause him to sell some of his some of his buildings, and of course his attorneys have said they will appeal.
Speaker 11: So your civil is different than criminal.
Speaker 10: But you know, you've seen judges even make decisions in criminal cases as well, so it's not unheard of.
Speaker 8: You know how many people like black people, brown people, live in certain areas where even if you get appraisals, they still will fight you on the value of your property to try and make it less of course, and he can just inflate it like that.
Speaker 5: That's why had that privilege.
Speaker 6: That's why it's so interesting because once again, I didn't know you was a property on a good duw your own appraisals. I thought, you know, there was a lot of checks and balances that go with that.
Speaker 2: Well, anytime I've ever purchased a solar home, like the bank orders an appraisal, it's not they don't listen to what I said. I can't you know, you have appraisal comes out that you don't know that Usually the bank picks the bank cause.
Speaker 1: In orders the appraisal.
Speaker 2: It's their people that coming in and assess the crib and assessed the evaluation and properties next door and what recently sold and the size of your house and what's in it. And that's how the usually get the appraisal. I've never been able. They never called me like, hey, what's the.
Speaker 6: Praise, even like you just said, even when you purchasing a property, I'll send my own appraiser out there right to make sure that I'm you know.
Speaker 1: Whatever they what I should.
Speaker 3: Be paying right.
Speaker 1: Well, I don't know. That's this is a strange.
Speaker 5: One's surprised.
Speaker 1: Strange.
Speaker 6: Yeah, it makes you wonder well Donald Trump, ever, you know, win another court case in this country ever again, or even get.
Speaker 1: A fair shake. I don't. I don't know. But will it matter because he's still high opposed.
Speaker 5: One thing the people do is stick behind that man.
Speaker 6: But I do feel like the Republican Party needed to move away from Donald Trump, and I feel like the Democratic.
Speaker 1: Party need to move away from Joe Biden.
Speaker 3: But hey, what.
Speaker 5: Though, where we're gonna move to?
Speaker 1: The say move? I ain't talking about like physically move now.
Speaker 8: I'm away, I know, but I'm saying you gotta put it. You gotta put a person there for us.
Speaker 1: I mean, the Republicans got quite a few.
Speaker 6: You'll see them tonight debating Democrat adventures weak but you know.
Speaker 11: And just to bring you, excuse me, just a liver bit of clarity.
Speaker 10: His ruling, which comes in the phase of a case known as a summary judgment, resolves the key claim in this case. So this was decided to be a non jury trial that starts on next week as well, you know, just to determine the determine how much he could possibly own penalty. So it was set up that way, all right, which can happen in the civil case. All right, well, lat Is front page News. Get it off your chests eight hundred five five one o five one. If you need event, phone lines wide open again. Eight hundred five eight five one five one, call us.
Speaker 1: Up right now.
Speaker 2: It's the breakfast Club. Good morning, the Breakfast Club, right right right, yo, char.
Speaker 5: Are we lost?
Speaker 1: This is your time to get it off your chest. I got to indoor pool. We want to hear from you on the breakfast club on.
Speaker 12: The phone, right now here tell.
Speaker 1: Us what it is. Hello, who's this?
Speaker 13: Hey, good morning Breakfast club.
Speaker 1: This is Prince Prince. What I'm doing good?
Speaker 13: I'm doing good.
Speaker 12: I want to say hello to Charlotmagne, DJ MVY and your guest.
Speaker 1: Host Laura la Rossa Lauren Rosa.
Speaker 14: Hey, anyway, I'm calling because I want to know how come you all and.
Speaker 12: Tesla TOI garow and never talk about the supposed migrant issue up there in New York.
Speaker 1: We've discussed it many times, many times discussed.
Speaker 2: Many times, and the problems and what the man is trying to do and in the situations we've definitely reported.
Speaker 1: We literally talked about it.
Speaker 6: I don't know if it was this week or last week, and we were saying, how it's a shame that you know, you have veterans in this country, you know, who are homeless, don't have room in board, but you know they will make accommodations for the migrants.
Speaker 1: Immediately we just were.
Speaker 2: Talking about they were taking money from the different budgets that that these kids need to help the migrant and now some of these programs they won't have money for.
Speaker 1: We've definitely been talking about it, and I apologize us.
Speaker 13: Yeah, well, I mustn't.
Speaker 12: For a long time listening.
Speaker 1: Well, thank you, sir, thank you.
Speaker 12: I've lived that, all right, you all have a great one night.
Speaker 1: All right? Hello?
Speaker 12: Who's this yo?
Speaker 13: Breakfast club was good? It's Mitch Man from Atlanta.
Speaker 1: Mitch from Atlanta?
Speaker 15: What up?
Speaker 1: Get it off your chest?
Speaker 13: What envy? What us? Charloe?
Speaker 12: Man?
Speaker 13: I don't know who the guest.
Speaker 1: Laurre Laos this morning lawn was good.
Speaker 13: I'm doing great, nah Man, I'm just feeling good this morning.
Speaker 2: Man.
Speaker 13: It's we done made a halfway through a week.
Speaker 14: I normally struggle with getting up in the mornings, but I'm feeling good this morning.
Speaker 13: We made it to day, you know. And I just wanted to call y'all. Tell y'all I love y'all.
Speaker 14: Man, I appreciate your The world appreciates her, uh and everything y'all do, getting us stuff every morning, and.
Speaker 1: We love we love you too. We're here to be of service. Mitch. I want to ask you a question. Did life get hard for you after the.
Speaker 6: Real husbands of Hollywood when they said a bitch was a Mitch was a male bitch?
Speaker 13: Damn uh hey, searl Man, that don't a part of me. Man, you know what I'm saying. I got my name from mast Tofferent money making.
Speaker 1: Mitch, money making, mich got you got you got.
Speaker 14: Money making, miss. I'm not here making money right now, money making miss. And I just want to say too for y'all. Let me go shout out to all the single full time fathers out there too. I'm one myself, and I know the scenario is normally switched, but we're out here.
Speaker 13: You know what I'm saying, we outside.
Speaker 1: I love that. I love that brother.
Speaker 13: I love that I got an eight year old prince man. I'm raising him every day. We got a soccer game this Saturday. Let's go Atlanta Dutch Lions.
Speaker 6: Good luck, Broluther, Atlanta Dutch Lines. I love that for you. Can you hear that?
Speaker 1: You hear that?
Speaker 5: Are you yelling at me?
Speaker 1: Talking to you?
Speaker 15: Lauren?
Speaker 1: At you?
Speaker 5: I thought we did you like your Polly? What is it?
Speaker 1: I'm just happy for that. That young man.
Speaker 6: You know what I'm saying, he's a proud single father out here raising his young father, black father Luther. That man out here the find all stereotypes. You hear me being of service?
Speaker 2: Get it off your chest. Eight hundred and five eighty five one oh five is something. Now it's the Breakfast Club. This morning, the Breakfast Club. This is your time to get it off your chest? Eight hundred five eight five five one. You want to hear from you on the Breakfast Club?
Speaker 1: Hello, who's this?
Speaker 9: Good morning?
Speaker 1: Hey, good morning, Mama, get it off your chest?
Speaker 9: Yeah, so this is James for.
Speaker 6: Mom's corner, Big Monk's Baby.
Speaker 1: What's happening.
Speaker 9: I wanted to know, you know, how you're having your mental health export uh huh in New York. I wanted to know have you ever thought about like taking that on the road and like, you know how like MVY does his car shows the different cities, maybe taking yours on the road because you know, some people can't get to New York and it's extensively to get to New York. So like, you know, taking it around.
Speaker 6: Well, you know, there's other events that are happening. You know, it's like Shanty Dodds is doing things. But yeah, there's definitely something that we're thinking about.
Speaker 1: You know, we just had in South Carolina, right, Yeah.
Speaker 6: We just had the Low Country Mental Health Conference in Charleston. It was a July twenty fourth to the twenty sixth. I don't know if you were, you were in attendance for that, but we just had that in Charleston, South Carolina's Luthrough my Man mad Tech mad Tech lin Berg.
Speaker 16: Wow.
Speaker 9: Yeah, No, I wasn't uman and I didn't even know about it.
Speaker 6: Yeah, I didn't know about it until I spoke to mad Tech over the summer and that's when that's when I decided.
Speaker 1: To get involved. But yeah, they do that every year in South Carolina.
Speaker 6: But no, you're right, the mental health factpot is something that we probably do need to take on the road.
Speaker 1: So yeah, we'll keep that up.
Speaker 9: Yeah, yeah, So I just wanted to put that. I thought about that when you were talking about it one day and I was like, you know what, Charlaine ever thought about that? But thank you for doing that, because mental health is real and people don't talk about it enough. And I work in social work. I'm a social worker, and you know there's something we see a lot in the school.
Speaker 6: So yeah, we're trying to that's that's one of one of the pillars that my foundation, the Mental Wealth Alliance, wants to do. We want to get social emotional learning and all schools kindergarten through twelfth grade.
Speaker 9: Because definitely, thank you, thank you so much, thank you, thank you for all y'all.
Speaker 1: Thank you very much. Yeah.
Speaker 6: Saturday, October seventh, Man the Mental Health Expert with Day of Mental Health and Healing Education is happening at the Marryott Marquee Time Square from eleven am to four pm.
Speaker 1: It is a free.
Speaker 6: Event, all right, So I see y'all Saturday, Ontober seventh.
Speaker 1: Hello, who's this Charlie?
Speaker 17: I mean he was going on a date with October seven.
Speaker 1: Trap. You got to cut it up. You know I'm a married man, sir, Yes, he's a married man. Trap. I appreciate you. Luston guy.
Speaker 8: I've been waiting to be here when you call. I always hear you call in. I've never been here when.
Speaker 13: You dance the cowboys on his giants.
Speaker 12: So you have to forgive him.
Speaker 5: You know he likes y'all.
Speaker 1: Did last weekend? No drive asking for a friend? How y'all did last week we didn't play y'all? How y'all did last weekend? We didn't play these weekend?
Speaker 17: Okay, okay, anyway, y'all, I'm calling about Philadelphia. If y'all kids are out here in the street, y'all, need to get them, because I don't understand y'all know how Philadelphia cops work.
Speaker 13: They will beat y'all kids.
Speaker 17: They would do.
Speaker 13: Anything in the world do y'all kids. So he took and feeling we didn't come get them.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you know what I didn't understand, trav Man.
Speaker 6: I saw like all of those looters, you know, running into the stores, and then I saw the cops pull up and the cops jump on them. And then everybody starts screaming at the cops to not jump on them. What are the cops supposed to do in that situation?
Speaker 13: And that was I don't say anything.
Speaker 17: The fim Adeptian cops already stretched because it's the murders and Philadelphia already dealing with us killing killing each other repeatedly out here, so they already high stressed anxiety. They didn't not playing no games with our kids. Get our kids up the street.
Speaker 2: And I also thought that the Apple store. I thought that the play phones were were fake, that you couldn't really use you I thought you could only use them in the store. I didn't think that you could put anything on them and you actually use them. And and why.
Speaker 1: Would they stay from Lulu mellan.
Speaker 8: I think that they were just like doing whatever because people are upset right now.
Speaker 17: I don't want to get that they have a reason to be upset, you.
Speaker 1: Now, I was, I was really thinking that.
Speaker 6: I'm like, what do y'all expect the cops to do in this situation like this?
Speaker 1: Like people started calling recalling the policef record the belief, no recall them.
Speaker 8: I think the issue is that people are comparing it to when like the Phillies win or the Phillies the Eagles win or lose, and like they flip cars and they go crazy and Philly and you literally will see the cops just standing and kind of waiting until things summer down to get involved. And then you got the loot in and they come in, and you know that that whole comparison. Of course, they grab a video up like the white people downtown going crazy over the Eagles and he's got these young black and brown kids running these stores because they're upset and police coming in like quarterbacks.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'm tired of y'all. What about it? I think y'all would about it. It was a ridiculous.
Speaker 5: Really you mad at the looters?
Speaker 13: Yeah?
Speaker 1: I would be mad at the looterers. I'm a business owner. If I'm a business owner, wouldn'tant nobody running up in my business.
Speaker 2: Closes like seven targets taking product exactly, people targets. And when I have money, the one hall them they closing too, because the people are just stealing.
Speaker 8: See, it's different if you're going to somewhere and stealing versus like, for instance, I wouldn't have known about this Eddie Azarry, the man that was killed by the cop, if the looting didn't happen got killed. No, So that we're gonna talk about it in rumors to day. But the background of this is there was a young man's twenty seven years old. He was killed by a cop.
Speaker 1: Breaking down in rumors, yeah, I'll break it down.
Speaker 8: But basically, I feel like I understand why they're upset and it's bringing attention. I feel bad for the business owners. I'm a business owner too, But I mean, y'all gotta buy by some rules.
Speaker 5: Of the people.
Speaker 8: You talked about the public people, the public servants serving the people.
Speaker 5: That's the issue right now.
Speaker 6: I'm confused. You gotta got get into I don't know what's going on no more.
Speaker 2: Yeah, But and I was gonna say that the problem with all these stores is shutting down, Like you know, targeting Harlem is now if people want to go shopping, where can they go because now they can't go locally anymore. They're gonna have to travel, take buses and cat taxi, gas rebuild.
Speaker 8: They getting too much money in that in that that downtown area right now. But I think it's it's a different situation. But we'll get into it.
Speaker 1: And our lots specific now I'm not talking about the ocean. You'll know what I mean.
Speaker 6: Are lots specific meaning that are they saying, oh, we're not targeting that store because like like I.
Speaker 5: Mean, they did Lulu Lemon. You you shot there.
Speaker 1: That don't make it right you, I'm not. I can't ride with that.
Speaker 6: That don't make We're gonna talk about it when we come to the same people with that same managery will do the same thing New York store.
Speaker 1: We'll talk about it when we come back. Rumors on the way it's the breakfast Club. Good morning. The breakfast club said you look for thirty two. Oh my god, he said you look good for thirty two. Tailor my homegirls.
Speaker 5: The agency is crazy.
Speaker 1: Morning, everybody. We are to Breakfast Lauren. Let's jump. This is a toxic place. I've been here.
Speaker 18: From this, I think a lot of people will recognize the boys to the name.
Speaker 1: On the breakfast club. Lauren came in hot so.
Speaker 8: Last night there was a bunch of riding that took place in Center City, Philadelphia. Large crowds of juveniles looted multiple stores, including Lula Lemon, an apple store, a foot locker in Center City uh now. An acting police Commissioner, John Stanford said that the looting has nothing to do with the peaceful protest that took place earlier after charges were dismissed against an officer who shot and killed a twenty seven year old man named Eddie Arazari. Stanford also said that the police have made fifteen to twenty arrests so they aren't in so far. Two firearms have been recovered, but they aren't sure if they're connected to the looting.
Speaker 6: Now.
Speaker 8: There have been over one hundred juveniles and young adults that were involved, but at this time police are not sure how many businesses were affected. There are videos going so viral online right now with all these kids people running into these stores, police hopping on them. People are recording the police. It's it's just a lot going on in Philadelphia right now.
Speaker 6: I knew nothing about the peaceful protests, and I knew nothing about the cops killing that brother.
Speaker 5: Was his name, Eddie Arazari.
Speaker 6: I knew nothing about that. So when I saw this video, I just thought it was a bunch of kids looting.
Speaker 2: Right because we've been seeing it all some along that they've been looting everywhere, you know, Louis Vuittan and Macy's and.
Speaker 5: Then trying to find the Louis Vitan store looters.
Speaker 2: Oh my god, Gucci. We've been seeing Chanel like they've been looting a lot recently. That's what I thought it was too.
Speaker 6: I didn't, and I will say, if that is their response to the brother getting killed, these people need guidance, you know what I'm saying, Because if this is their response to those cops getting off, then they need to get with real activists who actually do this work and figure out a way to protest, to bring attention to the actual issue, because running up in foot locker, Apple and Lululemon is not raising away and to what actually happened. Because I didn't know any of this until you told me Lauri.
Speaker 8: Well, I think that that's a really good point. I didn't know any of this either, and I'm from Delaware. I've been back and forth between LA and Delaware over these last couple months. A lot didn't know that any of this was happening until the looting happened. This happened on August fourteenth, that is when Officer Mark Dile and his partner wanted patrol and they came across Eddie Irazari and the shooting happened. Right So from August until now, it's what October September October.
Speaker 1: This is almost October, September thirty seventh, there have.
Speaker 8: Been peaceful protests happening all the way from Puerto Rico to Philadelphia. So we were having a conversation in here earlier about if looting is effective and why, like why take this shout?
Speaker 6: Well, I think running up in someone's place of business and looting is whack rioting because you are fed up over cop killing us. I'm not mad at riots of the language and unheard, but this is not a riot to me. It sounds like niggas just want of iPhones and tights.
Speaker 1: That's what it sounds like.
Speaker 6: Only the only way I could, wow, the only way I could say anything like looting is justified is if they are stealing food or medicine. But Footlocker, Apple products and Lulu Lemon Man f that like nah Yeah. And when Trap said earlier, you know trave who calls all the time, I would say, if you have kids out there, make sure you know where your kids are and you watch your kids.
Speaker 2: And the reason for that is, Yeah, I don't want to see any other kid get hurt. I don't want to say the kid you know coming out of a store looting and police attack them and your child dies and your child gets hurt. I'm with Charlamagne when it comes to this thing. I don't I don't have a problem with with with protesting. I don't have a problem with with doing things with we need, But the fact that you guys are grabbing tights it's my phones just seems little wad.
Speaker 9: Yeah.
Speaker 1: If y'all were telling me that, y'all was like I said, if y'all was hungry.
Speaker 6: Grabbing food, grabbing food is grabbing medicine, I understand you know what I mean. Inflation, the sky high things crazy, y'all here, But foot Locker, Apple products and Lulu Lemon may please.
Speaker 8: Well, we have a report from six ABC just to give some more contexts on what went down.
Speaker 19: This is cellphone video police making arrests at the Lulu Lemon on Walnut Street. Authorities investigating reports that a caravan of vehicles moved around the city with followers jumping into the lawlessness. The looting started shortly before eight pm nine to one. Will calls started coming in about a large group, possibly as many as one hundred, moving through center city. Around eight pm, cell phone video shows a group of people taking merchandise out of a Chestnut Street foot locker. A number of juveniles got away, but police say at least one adult was arrested. Within fifteen minutes. More looting report, this time at Lululemon. You could see the piles of clothing on the floor. Around eight to fifteen, the Apple store on Walnut was hit. Phones and tablets taken, though police say some of the goods have since been recovered. As of midnight, police say at least fifteen to twenty people were arrested, two weapons were recovered, and one police vehicle sustained damage. Please say the looting had nothing to do with the earlier peaceful protests after a judge just in his charges against a police officer fatally shot Eddie Irazari.
Speaker 6: Stealing types from Lulu Lemon and then going to foot locker to get matches sneak because they've been waiting to run up in Lulu Lemit.
Speaker 1: It's expensively, it's all that stuff.
Speaker 5: If you're gonna go for, you might as well go for what you've been waiting for.
Speaker 1: But yes, but what are you going for? Is the point?
Speaker 5: So this is okay.
Speaker 8: So I wanted to play that report because one of the important things that I said and that we hear in that report is that the police are saying that they do not believe that this looting is connected to the police officer Mark Dial being let go on all charges for shooting him in six times following what they believe was just like a police stop. Now we have the actual body cam from the police officer that shot the twenty seven year old gentleman Eddie Irazari, and I want you guys to listen to this and then we'll get into what you're going there for.
Speaker 20: Coming down the street and he starts flying in the bike lane. Thanks it up bles moren so I come over.
Speaker 1: I'm like this, he's.
Speaker 15: Driving a home.
Speaker 1: As soon as I make the right he starts taking off again.
Speaker 20: He probably he came down whatever street this is here. I'm trying to come over, and I said that answer the twenty fifth out anything. As soon as I make this laugh, that's the wrong way. I see a car here, I see him park up.
Speaker 1: As we parked up, we got out. Dude started. Dude pulled out a knife.
Speaker 20: So as we as we pulled up, there starts freaking out, pulls out a knife. I understand, we're not could I tried to get this door but I couldn't.
Speaker 1: So, like I said, we as I pull up, she starts freaking out.
Speaker 12: We get out.
Speaker 20: More comes on the driver side.
Speaker 1: I'm over here. I try to your door, but I can't. He pulls out knife.
Speaker 15: I talk like Mark.
Speaker 20: Mark, he's got nice in life, as I guess he like. I couldn't really see because I looked up in margin, you know, I saw his body come.
Speaker 1: Up like this, and then Mark fired.
Speaker 8: So after this body cam this is the partner of the officer who shot Eddie. To correct that, but after this bodycam was released, police then did a press conference and in that press conference, they said that not only was there a knife found, but they said that Eddie actually got out of the car and lunched at police officers.
Speaker 5: Now when when that happened.
Speaker 8: A neighbor had a camera in addition to this body cam that they gave to the family, and that was released and in that video you see, yes, police walk up to the car, but Eddie never gets out of the car. There were knives found in the car, but he never gets out of the car and the shoots, the shots happened. You really can't see the interaction between Eddie and the police officer, but you just hear the shots go off right and then he's killed in the car. So people were upset. There was an officer that exchanged what like six bullets into a man who was sitting in a car, and he's completely let off on all charges. People are upset, and I think that people have a right to be upset.
Speaker 1: Absolute Yeah, But I.
Speaker 6: Don't believe this looting had anything to do with that situation. And if it did, once again, these folks need guidance because that energy that they are using the run up in these stores can be used for something more productive. That brings actual awareness to the situation because I had no idea about this case or the officer getting off. And I still don't know what running up in Lulu Limmon got to do with anything, but.
Speaker 8: You're talking about it right now though, because of the running up in Lululemon.
Speaker 1: I guess, yeah, maybe.
Speaker 2: But I think if Luton wasn't so so huge nowadays, because they've been looting everywhere recently, and then you know, in Philly, in New York, like they're just doing it again. What I've seen it, I didn't know what, like you said, it had anything to attach to it. I just seen it happening again. I just heard that they did something in Long Island and Long Island more. I think they got Mount Clair again, like I've been seeing it so much, you know, all right, But I.
Speaker 6: Want these people to get with real activists who actually do the work and figure out a way to protest.
Speaker 8: They want the activists they want. They They're asking for a lot of people to get involved, and I think that this will help too. They can get some structure down there, some of the people that we trust in. Hopefully something happens else get hurt.
Speaker 6: That's that's that's my whole, especially those young juveniles, because all we see right now is niggas with new iPhones and tights.
Speaker 1: Okay you want some little limit tights. No, it's too expensive. People cheap fashion would never go.
Speaker 5: About fashion over you know here sexy bread.
Speaker 1: She I do it all right.
Speaker 2: When we come back, we got front page news with Testling figure Row and then Kerry Washington and be joining us.
Speaker 1: It's the Breakfast Club. Good morning, the Breakfast Club. Your mornings will never be the same morning.
Speaker 2: Everybody is dj Envy, Charlemagne the guy. We are the Breakfast Club. We got our special guest host La La Rosa, and let's get in some front page news.
Speaker 1: What up, teas we's going on?
Speaker 10: Dj Envy, Good morning, Lauren, Good morning Charlottagne the God.
Speaker 2: Now let's jump right into it. Biden, he joins the picket line.
Speaker 10: Yeah, he went yesterday, or historic to have a president actually joined the picket line. He went on Tuesday and alongside the United Auto Workers in Michigan. He grabbed his megaphone and encouraged the workers to hold the line. Let's listen to the report.
Speaker 21: Wearing a union ball cap and armed with a bullhorn. President in bit and told the striking United Auto Workers to keep fighting for higher wages.
Speaker 22: So let's keep going your what you heard and you've hearn a hell of a lot boards.
Speaker 1: You're getting paid now.
Speaker 21: With President Biden, who exchanged fist bumps with the workers, the historic visit to the picket line was personal and political. Under you're scoring a long career backing labor.
Speaker 22: To have the President of the United States walk the picket line and supportive workers, that's huge.
Speaker 11: Yeah, yes, yeah, big deal. I'm glad you know that he went out there. The White House.
Speaker 10: They said that he was not going to get into the negotiations, but President Biden did weigh in on it. A reporter asked him if they should get a forty percent pay increase. The President said, yes, they should be able to bargain for that. Now we're talked about this a little bit yesterday. Former President Donald Trump will be there today. He has accused President Biden of only visiting because he is visiting. He actually made a statement that said Crooked Joe should be ashamed to show his face before these hardworking Americans that he's stabbing in the back. He said, well, Biden, it doesn't matter what the hourly rage, hourly wage is because in three years there'll be no autoworkers because of China.
Speaker 6: Dam well. I mean, it's definitely political for both of them. Like I said yesterday, majority of Americans agree with the strike, so you know, them going out there and standing with the workers.
Speaker 1: They both on the right side of history.
Speaker 11: Riding with Tim Scott. He's on one or that another.
Speaker 6: Everybody but Tim Scott. But I don't care, man, I'm still sticking to the fact that I think Republicans should move away from Donald Trump and Democrats would move away from Joe Biden. Those two are not the best. You're not gonna tell me those two are the best of America. Have to off No, not at all.
Speaker 10: Well, yeah, but they're not offering anybody else up, so what do they do. They're definitely not offering anybody else up on the Democrats side.
Speaker 5: So I don't know.
Speaker 6: I feel like we're gonna find ourselves in a position next year to where neither one of them may be around old age.
Speaker 1: Literally, I don't know. I just I just I just feel that way. I just feel like.
Speaker 6: There's gonna be something where neither one of them are gonna be in this in the mix, and I think it's gonna happen in the bottom of the knife in it, and everybody's gonna be scrambling to figure out what the hell to do. I just feel that, Yeah, I'm just nervous that Biden is gonna be like, what's the congressman that that every once in a while he just zones out, And I feel like Biden's gonna be that.
Speaker 1: In a little being in a little bit.
Speaker 15: He like that.
Speaker 1: Now they both like that. To be honest with you, what are you talking about? What you meaning a little bit? Well, he ain't zoned out. He just fell down a couple of times. You mean, like ms McConnell.
Speaker 2: Ye, yeah, he's zoned out a couple of times. You shoogar a couple of people's hands that weren't dead. But he ain't zoned out yet.
Speaker 1: Well J J J J.
Speaker 11: Cool that.
Speaker 10: Boy.
Speaker 1: Good. Now to talk about religious very spiritual?
Speaker 10: Yeah, a quick question are you guys, let me ask a quick poe. Are you religion religious or spiritual? Which one envy?
Speaker 1: Spiritual?
Speaker 6: I would, oh, one hundred percent spiritual. I've been I've been figured that out about myself.
Speaker 10: Okay, Well, this was a Good poll, eighty two percent say that they are religious, spiritual, or both. Eighteen percent of folks say that they are neither spiritual or religious up to not that's of nine percent in nineteen ninety nine. The percentage also says that the religion is went down to fifty four percent. Now, the decline in Americans identifying as religious is consistent with trends for other polls. Now, what I thought I found this about this really interesting is they even put this into party politics. They said that among the party group, sixty one percent of Republicans are most likely to identify what religion, which is where you get a lot of those strict, you know, strict things like abortion or marriage against sex marriage, while sixty eight percent say twenty eight percent I'm sorry, say that they are spiritual. More Independents say that they're religious than spiritual, and Democrats say they are equally about spiritual a spiritual forty one percent and religious thirty seven percent. So interesting, poet, I found just kind of want to see where you guys, you know, landed on that. So the bottom line is the religion is going down and spirit being spiritual is going up.
Speaker 1: What do you learn religious?
Speaker 8: I would say I'm in the middle because I just looked it up. At first, I said spiritual, but I feel like I'm a little bit of both of them.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 6: I grew up very religious because my grandmother was a Baptist and my mother's a Jehovah witness, and then you know, my father's study Islam. But I think as I got older, I just grew more spiritual because I wasn't tied to any one religious brightness.
Speaker 8: I'm tired to certain religious practices for the same reasons of like my upbringing. But there's certain stuff that I was taught with my upbringing that now i'd be like question a little bit. Yeah, I'm like, I don't know if I believe that, or even if I believe that, I'm not living by that.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Yeah, See, I grew up Baptist, but then I went to Catholic school all my life, so it was always a left right and like similar to what you said, you start seeing things that make you question things. Say, you know what, I'm gonna take a couple of steps back and I'll have my own relationship even.
Speaker 6: Question in the Bible, Like you know, when they tell you things like Adam was the first man he was the first woman. Then they had Cain and Abel Cain killed Able, but then Kane went off and found a wife.
Speaker 8: How see, I like, just hear you question the Bible, I'm like, oh my God, call me and give me a year quiet.
Speaker 6: I got to ask your questions. I don't want to know how if there's only four people on the planet.
Speaker 1: But then if you ask questions, they get upset with you asking questions.
Speaker 8: That's right because I think people have blind faith in things, and then when it comes to the Bible, that blind faith like disappears.
Speaker 5: It's like why not just yeah.
Speaker 6: And everybody make excuses like, dude, around me fourteen they tell you don't touch the flash of a dead pig.
Speaker 1: Nonetheless, eating niggas, love for chiplings.
Speaker 5: That's the only park I do.
Speaker 1: That's the only poor amazing I do bacon.
Speaker 8: But chillings is like, I don't want to hear nothing about it. You can't talk me out of that. I love chillings.
Speaker 2: Like that white man like, that's totally two different sides.
Speaker 1: Like Chiitling's on one side and the.
Speaker 8: White we said we were we were on today just keep bringing up had a balance of.
Speaker 5: Okay, yeah, because you just keep holding on.
Speaker 1: I'm sorry, You're right, I'm sorry. That's front page. Thank you, Lauren. Just love white meat.
Speaker 5: We learned in the last couple of days. First, I am no dark meat because like me, be dry.
Speaker 8: Chitlings, chilling drivers, chilings don't really count as like white order. Yeah, gut, I don't care how many documentaries you send me. Would you say I'm going to eat some chiplings that Thanksgiving and Christy God.
Speaker 1: Bless you my mom, hope we pray over that. My mom will cooking New Year's Eve. Oh my gosh.
Speaker 6: You know when you pray over chicklings and bless the food, God ignores your prayers.
Speaker 1: He sends this, He sends them to this man fold.
Speaker 5: You know that, No I did. I never heard that.
Speaker 6: Well, thank you, Tiz absolutely, and make sure you subscribe to Tendling Figure os podcast. It's great shot. No chase of podcasts on the Black Effect. iHeart Radio podcast network and follow at Teslin figure on all social media platforms.
Speaker 2: All right now, when we come back, Kerry Washington will be joining us. She has a new book, Thicket and Water, and we're gonna kick it with her when we come back. It's the breakfast Club Go Morning, the Breakfast Club.
Speaker 15: Morning.
Speaker 2: Everybody is stej n V Charlamagne to God. We are the Breakfast Club. We have Laura La Rosa our guest host. And we got a special guest in the building, Kerry Washington. That's right, Welcomeay Washington. New book out Thicker than Water. Congratulations, you learn so much about you uh with this book? First it maybe it's just me be a stupid I didn't know you were from the Bronx.
Speaker 1: Really, I did not know that.
Speaker 4: I didn't know you were from born and born and raised.
Speaker 1: Do you know what I say? I'll say the craziest people in America come from the Bronx and all of Florida.
Speaker 23: Why what why? I agree on Florida, but why the Bronx. One of the most talented people that is true to come from the Bronx.
Speaker 1: That is very true too. Now, how did you know now the time to write Thinking and Water?
Speaker 23: So what I write about in the book is that a handful of like five years ago, my parents sat me down and shared with me some new information about myself that really kind of challenged the way that I thought about myself, that I thought about my family turned my world upside down. And at the time, I had actually sold another book, Idea, which was based kind of inspired by the show that I was on, Scandal, and it was like, these are the ten things that I learned from Olivia Pope. But every time I sat down to write that book, all I could think about was this new information I'd been given and how it impacted my family and my sense of self. And so I wasn't going to write book at all. I tried to give the publisher their money back, but they wouldn't take it.
Speaker 13: Wow.
Speaker 23: And then a few years later I was like, I think I have to at least try to write this book.
Speaker 1: You said your parents didn't want you to reveal Yeah.
Speaker 23: Yeah, so my my my parents told me that they were sort of forced to tell me that my dad is not my biological father.
Speaker 2: How did that affect you, because I mean, he's still your dad at the end of the day. We've seen the picture you know him choke Instagram. Yeah yeah, so how did that affect anything after you were told?
Speaker 9: So?
Speaker 23: I think immediately when they told me it was weird. To be totally honest with you, I felt like excited. I felt excited and grateful because I had always felt like there was something going on in my family that I couldn't put my finger on. But it was like a dynamic of distance or like there was I just knew that I didn't know what. I didn't know, but I knew that that there was something between my parents and I. And because I didn't know what it was, a lot of times I blamed myself for that or maybe thought I was crazy for thinking it, maybe thought that maybe I'm just not open enough, like I was always trying to figure it out. So when they told me, it felt like, I don't know, it felt like I could breathe. It felt like, oh, this is this is a real opportunity for me to jump into this new kind of understanding of myself and my life.
Speaker 4: And you know, it was it was really exciting when you.
Speaker 8: Would ask questions about like just different things like hey, you go to the doctors and they say, you know what illnesses are on your mom? So you would ask your dad your mom those questions? How would they answer it? As if my dad was my father? They were going to take this to their grave, And I get it. I totally understand, right, Like.
Speaker 23: Yeah, I think they they felt like, well, first of all, let me just say this, my parents are renegades, right, like a lot of us. Now we know people who go to sperm don or sperm banks.
Speaker 5: Right, It's like.
Speaker 23: Very common relatively now, and you get a whole catalog. You can pick the color of the eyes and what Ivy League university they went to. But when my parents did this in the mid seventies, nobody was doing this. This was highly experimental, highly secretive. It was a big risk they were taking. It wasn't like they had complete health screenings for the donor. They had no idea who the donor was. They said, we asked two things. Let them be healthy. Who knows what that means at the time, right, but like we want them to be healthy, and we want them to be black. Because they wanted this to be a secret.
Speaker 2: So yeah, you know you talk about your eating disorder and dealing with how you felt about your body and your looks. Yeah, I wanted to know what got you in that point. And the reason I ask is I have four daughters. Charlemagne has four daughters, and I always want to make sure I try my hardest to give my daughter as many compliments as possible, right, because you never want them to feel that way, but sometimes I don't think that matters because it's also how.
Speaker 1: They look at themselves.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so what got you to that point where you didn't like what you've seen in the mirror or something that you weren't happy about.
Speaker 4: It's such a good question.
Speaker 23: I have daughters too, right, So it's something that I think about a lot. I think that the food, it's like any other kind of addictive behavior. It's not about the drug. It's not really about the food or even really about the relationship with body. Came out from a compulsion of trying to escape the feelings I was having.
Speaker 1: Or numb them.
Speaker 23: And so I think for me, it was this sense that I write about in the book of feeling like I had to be perfect, like I had to be better than who I was in order to be deserving of love. And some of that came from like why do I have this weird dynamic with my parents?
Speaker 4: Like what's going on?
Speaker 23: Maybe if I was better, prettier, smarter, thinner, then I might be more lovable. So I don't even you know, I mean, I do think it's important to teach our kids to make healthy choices when it comes to exercise, to make healthy choices when it comes to food, to teach them about nutrition, about how food works in the body.
Speaker 4: All that's important.
Speaker 23: But I think helping a kid to feel unconditionally loved, to feel safe, those are the things that I think help us have the tool rules to live in life on life's terms, as opposed to grabbing at addictive behaviors to escape life.
Speaker 6: Now I'm jumping all around because I want people to read the book Thinking and Water. But you talked about, you know, always thriving for perfection. Yeah, but you said, Jamie Fox thought you a very valuable lesson.
Speaker 1: Yeah, can you explain what that was?
Speaker 23: Yeah, I think Jamie. I mean, I've been really lucky. I've been lucky enough to work with Jamie twice on Ray and Janego Unchained classics by the way, Yeah, truly, he's He's the best. And Jamie's taught me a lot about a lot of things. But one of the things is in my work as an actor, to you have to let go of that perfection idea. Because we were doing a scene together and Ray. It was the scene where I find speaking of drugs, where I find all his heroin works the first time as his wife. And you know, we had done it in the morning, we had hit it out of the park and I was like, oh, we are on fire.
Speaker 5: This is incredible.
Speaker 23: And then as the day went on, I kept trying to do it exactly the way we had done earlier that morning, so that it would be in that perfect place that felt so good. And that's the beginning of death as an actor, Like, you can't try to recreate magic. You have to keep cultivating new magic, right, Like you have to truly be in the moment. And Jamie really helped me to realize that. I was frustrated in the scene and he was like, you gotta keep digging. You got to let go of this morning. And that was a really powerful lesson.
Speaker 6: Why was it easier to find that in acting as opposed to real life.
Speaker 23: Well, I guess I hadn't learned how to apply that to the rest of my world. You know, there was like it was in a vacuum, was isolated kind of moment.
Speaker 4: But it's a good question.
Speaker 23: I mean, that is the lesson though, right is that, Like the answer is never about perfection, It's always about like, what's the best possible version of my life in this moment of me in this moment.
Speaker 2: Now, you did say something I heard you say that parents do the best that they can and then it's up to us to parent ourselves after that, explain that.
Speaker 23: Well, I think like one of the things that I've truly come to terms with in writing this book is that every choice my parents made was out of love. They weren't trying to be cruel, they weren't trying to hurt me. They really thought that this was the best choice. And by the way doctors back then said it, like artificial inssemination was so new. They would say, we do this thing and then you go home and have sex, and then you have plausible deniability. And nobody knew forty years ago there would be these home tests twenty three in ancestry.
Speaker 4: You had no idea.
Speaker 23: So they were like, go home and have sex, then the kid's yours, end of story, nothing to talk about, right, And so I think my parents didn't want me to feel different. They didn't want me to feel weird. They didn't want me ironically, they didn't want me to feel distanced from them, even though that's what wound up happening. So I know that they made loving choices or choices out of love, even if they didn't feel loving to me. But I think we have to for me and my journey. It's been like it's been good to understand who they were to have compassion for their choices. But I can't blame them for where I am now. Like now that I have awareness, I have to say, like, Okay, they gave me everything they could with as much love as they could. How do I now close the gap between what they gave me and what I need? That's my responsibility as an adult. If I just sit here and continue to complain about what they didn't give me, then I'm keeping myself a child.
Speaker 2: Hi, we got more with Kerry Washington. When we come back, don't move. It's to Breakfast Club.
Speaker 1: Good morning Morning. Everybody is the ej Envy, Charlamagne the God. We are to Breakfast Club.
Speaker 2: Our special guest co host Laura la Rosa is here and we're still kicking it with Carrie Washington.
Speaker 5: Lauren, what's the conversation like with your kids?
Speaker 8: Like once you decided to take this world to your kids and even deciding to write the book, and now you're you know, because your kids, I'm sure they're friends. And everybody knows who you are, So how do you have that conversation with them? And kind of how are they responding to things?
Speaker 4: You know, it's funny, like I was saying before, this is.
Speaker 23: So common now, like it's not news to my kids.
Speaker 4: They were so unimpressed, Like, you know, they're in their classes.
Speaker 23: They have kids with two dads and two moms, so they have friends from sperm donors, friends from egg donors, friends who are adopted, friends who were born from surrogates. Like they also like, we're a blended family right there, big sister. You know, when we look at the three of them, their big sister has four parents, Like having me having another parental figure in my story is not weird to them. For my parents, they came from a world where what makes a family was very different, but the ideas of what makes a family now is much more open. So you know, they they know obviously the conversation I have with my seventeen year old is very different than the conversation I have with my six year old. Right, But I want to be a home where we're open and honest and where they feel like they can ask anything.
Speaker 8: What about when you decided to because I know in this book you talk about the abortion that you had at twenty. Yeah, that is something that is like in your twentieth But I mean it's around Saved the Last Dance time, right, so you were, you know, highly successful at this time.
Speaker 7: I know.
Speaker 23: But it's in a chapter that I call Black famous because I was like, you know how we are like white people didn't necessarily know that the girl from Saved the Last Dance was the same girl from Ray was the same girl from Last Kame of Scotland. So we knew, I you know, but so yes, I was my star was on the rise.
Speaker 4: But it wasn't.
Speaker 23: I wasn't like I could still go to the grocery store and it was all good.
Speaker 6: I want.
Speaker 1: I love yourself awareness.
Speaker 6: Did you realize you were Black famous when you were Black famous or was that in hindsight?
Speaker 23: No, in the moment, because I knew, you know, it was like I knew I could walk down the street on fifty seventh in Madison and be fine, but if I was in the Bronx, it was like, oh my god. Or like at the time I was a substitute teacher in New York City public schools, that was one of my many side hustles when I was.
Speaker 4: Trying to make a living as an actor.
Speaker 23: And it was funny because I would get hired into the school and the principals who were white, you know, the principal's vice principals, They would be like, so nice to meet you. Great, they bring me to the classroom. They had no idea who I was. But then I would be asked to leave a school because by the second day, all the kids were cutting class to see Chaneil from Save the Last Dance because they knew who I was because I was substitute teaching in Harlem.
Speaker 4: So it was like that dynamic.
Speaker 23: I understood that certain people knew who I was and other people didn't.
Speaker 1: What's more fulfilling being black famous or white female?
Speaker 23: I think you have to have both. That was one of the things that Chris Rock taught me, like, you can never ever forget your core original first audience. You cannot because that other audience will come and go, they'll be ebbs and flows. But black people will hold you up throughout. If you stay with us, we stay with you.
Speaker 1: I feel like that's what made Scandals such a hit.
Speaker 4: Absolutely.
Speaker 23: I mean, we were part of the birth of black Twitter at the time, so I one of my best friends from high school. She's a brilliant social media person, Alison Peters. She actually convinced me to go on Twitter and I was like, what why, I don't know, and she was like, she had come out of viacom and was like, it's really important, you need to do this, And she and I kind of talked Shonda Rhimes into talking the cast into being on Twitter. And we were one of the first shows to do live tweeting and to really have event television at a time where people were no longer watching shows in real time unless it was like a basketball game, And so that conversation around the show was our grassroots movement, like we had black Twitter on fire. People like Oprah eventually were like, I only started watching Scandal because it's the only thing people talked about on Thursday nights on Twitter.
Speaker 4: So yes, in.
Speaker 23: That first season, it was absolutely because black audience is you know.
Speaker 4: How culture follows us.
Speaker 23: So black audiences made it that you had to be there to tune in, and suddenly it trickled out into the rest of the world.
Speaker 1: How often do people come up to you to feed.
Speaker 4: All the time?
Speaker 23: And to be honest, because the show was inspired by a real woman, Judy Smith, who's a real DC fixer who never slept with the president, but was a real fixer. And I have her on speed dial, so people also will come to me to get to her because they know she is truly able to mixed up.
Speaker 1: Have you needed it?
Speaker 23: I haven't needed her, but I've sent other people to her. Yes, but I've talked to her. I mean, like not on like I'm in jail. It's two am. Helped me out, but like, you know, if there's a rollout of a movie and I'm like, I don't know, this directory is a little bit of a problem. What do you think you know I've done. I've had those kind of conversations with her.
Speaker 4: Yeah, but people, do you.
Speaker 23: Know it's funny, like it'll happen in political moments, Like a lot of my political work now is inspired by the fact that in twenty sixteen, the morning after the election, when that awful rapist, racist person was elected, that when I woke up all over social media, people were like, you have to save us, what.
Speaker 5: Are you gonna do?
Speaker 15: Please?
Speaker 4: Olivia Pope?
Speaker 23: And it was funny for a minute, and then I was like, we have a real problem in our culture because we we don't realize that Olivia Pope is an imaginary character on a television show, and that every single person who wrote one of those tweets they have more power than Olivia Pope because she can't vote, she can't register voters, she can't volunteer, she can't knock on doors. But it's like we've given our power over to imaginary people because we have this hero worship, right, So we're not stepping into our power because we're looking for somebody else to solve our problems for us.
Speaker 4: So a lot of the.
Speaker 23: Work that I've been doing has been trying to figure out how to turn the spotlight that's on me onto those grassroots organizations and people who are really doing the work.
Speaker 6: When people saw you would the vice president the other day, Yeah, probably she's back.
Speaker 5: She's the White House.
Speaker 6: Yeah.
Speaker 1: I want to have a more question about your father.
Speaker 6: How they finding out your father wasn't your biological father change your views on parenthos oh Man.
Speaker 23: Well, one thing I say in the book is, and it's what I feel, is that in our community, where people have historically had such difficult relationships, right where there's this history of dads maybe not being present, you know, in the neighborhood that I grew up in. I grew up in one of the few households where the dad was around, and you know, my parents were still married. And the fact looking act that my dad really did choose me, that he was there, he's been there for me the whole time, that he's been this you know, parental force in my life, that he's my dad, that he chose me, that I belonged to him and he belongs to me. It almost meant more than it ever did before. And I feel really grateful.
Speaker 2: You know, now you contemplated suicide at one point. Yeah, well what got you there?
Speaker 1: First of all? And then how did you get through it?
Speaker 2: Because I'm sure there's people listening now that might be in that same zone and trying to work themselves through it every day. So what got you to that point where you felt that way? And then how did you get over that obstacle?
Speaker 23: When you say there might be people listening who feel that way, it's like, my heart breaks because I just know how hard it is to feel that alone and that hopeless. So if anybody's listening and is feeling that way. The one thing I would say is to ask for help, you know, is to really ask for help because you are you feel alone, but I guarantee you you are not alone. And for me that was the big thing was I mean number one was the first time that I truly got on my knees and talked to God and was like I need help, Like I don't I because I felt like I really don't have any tools, I don't know what to do. So it was the first time that I think I humbled myself enough to feel like there's got to be something bigger than me that points me in the direction of healing, and I started reaching out. I went to therapy for the first time, group therapy, one on one, Like I just really started committing to trying to walk this road of healing.
Speaker 1: I swear by, Yeah, Hi, we got more with Kerry Washington when we come back, don't move. It's the Breakfast Club.
Speaker 2: Good morning morning, everybody. It's DJ n D Charlamagne to God. We are to Breakfast Club. Our special guest co host Laura La Rosa is here and we're still kicking it with Carrie Washington.
Speaker 1: Charlamagne.
Speaker 6: You're talking about traveling. In the Black Famous chapter, you talk about going to Africa, Yeah, to become African. How did that trip change?
Speaker 9: So?
Speaker 23: I was filming Last King of Scotland. That was my first time on the continent and it was great because I do feel like sometimes as black people in America, we go to Africa with all these like do I belong here? Do I feel at home?
Speaker 21: Like?
Speaker 23: What is my relationship here? And I just had to put all of that aside because my focus was on just kind of dropping in and becoming a Ugandan woman. And I really did feel at home there.
Speaker 4: I did.
Speaker 23: I felt so lucky to be able to be so immersed in the culture that I wasn't there like, you know, as a tourist, and I took it when I was there. I don't know if you've heard about this experience. It's not in the book, but we were hiking in the ruin Zori Mountains, which are the mountains that border Rwanda and Uganda, and it's where the only wild gorillas live. And you can go out with a gorilla trekker and find the gorillas in the jungle and spend time with them. You go with like a tour guide and these truckers and these guys with AK forty seven's just in case.
Speaker 1: The craziest people from the Bronx.
Speaker 23: If people travel from all over the world to have this experience because it is one of the most intense spiritual experiences I've ever had. The second one is my experience with the whales that I write about at the end of the book. But it was like to be in the jungle, to be with these creatures, and you realize we really do share like ninety seven ninety eight percent of our DNA with these animals, and they are You start to think like, oh, they're so human, but no, like we are so gorilla. And the craziest thing that happened was when they give you this orientation in the morning, They're like, if a gorilla gets close to you and is looking at you, the most important thing to do is not run. You have to to feel safe act like a gorilla. So I was like, wait, I didn't hear it through that lens because for me, I was like a young actor who had done animal exercises at school, like this was my opportunity for this was my Meryl Street mode. So when the gorilla case from the tree, I was like a squad. I mean, everybody in my group was like, what is she? When I tell you that is the best performance of my life. I was I was the gorilla, The gorilla was me. I started, I picked off a leaf, started chewing on it, and we had the most incredible experience because this gorilla gorilla kept getting closer and closer to us, and this little baby gorilla she was so curious. She was like, what, We've never seen a human like this. She was like, this one's one of us, but close. They just they got closer. The trekker said than they'd ever had a gorilla get to a group before. I mean the guy with the AK forty seven came right next to me because they were terrified.
Speaker 4: But I was like, don't stop, don't stop. Yeah, it was incredible.
Speaker 6: Yeah, how you do tell you that just because.
Speaker 23: The experience that we got out of it. I mean they said it to everybody in the group, but I was the best actor in the Wow. Yeah, when all of this is done, like everybody gets the book, they get to read it. Everybody should get the book. They read the audio book. It's and my own words. So that's fun.
Speaker 8: What is the like the hug or the message that you want people to get from this book.
Speaker 23: I think, and this is something that I've written in the book, but there's a saying I heard a long time ago that I really love that we are as sick as our secrets, and that when I think, when we can let go of the things that keep our true selves hidden, we can let go of our shame.
Speaker 4: You know, I knew when my parents told me.
Speaker 23: I realized that they had been living under this lie for so long that every time I had said I love you to my dad, whether it was conscious or unconscious, there must have been a part of him that thought, she loves me because she thinks I am her father.
Speaker 3: Wow.
Speaker 23: And there must have been a part of him that thought, if she knew I wasn't her father, maybe she won't love me. That's part of why they didn't tell me. And so I had the opportunity, once they gave me that truth, to actually, for the first time, love my father unconditionally. And that's what we all deserve, that's what we all want. We want we want to know that no matter what we do, or how we act, or what we've done in the past, that we're lovable and that we're loved, and I feel like my family's in that place now. But you only get there when you expose your truth, when you're vulnerable enough to show people who you are and they love you anyway, then you know that you are worthy of unconditional love.
Speaker 6: But I think your father proves that you know, just because somebody provides BERM doesn't make them He's an actual Yeah.
Speaker 4: That's right, that's right.
Speaker 23: And it's even like people will say like, well, do you know who your biological father is? And I'm still wrapping my head honestly around that language.
Speaker 1: Like do you want to know who the donor is?
Speaker 5: I was literally about to say I do.
Speaker 4: I'm searching.
Speaker 23: I'm looking, and again not because I need a daddy, right Like, I'm not looking for an emotional connection. I'm really open. I mean I say that now, who knows when it was? You never know, Like you could walk in the room and I gonna be like, but I think I'm just really curious about that fifty percent of me, that genetic fifty percent of me. I think there is a question. I know what I've gotten from my dad. I know from my dad I've gotten my sense of humor, my imagination, my belief in the impossible, my ability to tell a story. I know what I've gotten from my mom, my intellect, my intellectual curiosity, my grace, my compassion. I don't know what I've gotten from the donor. I'm curious what part comes from him. And I'm curious just in terms of my medical history. I feel like I owe that to my kids, that they should know where they come from. But the emotional part of it, I'm open to let it be what it's going to be. Maybe it'll feel like I have additional family. Maybe it'll just feel like I have additional information. I feel good either way.
Speaker 1: Can we with something you said in the epilogue?
Speaker 6: And I feel like it can relate to so many people you save My life is not about my donor, nor about my parents. My life is my own. What does that mean to you? And what could that mean the others?
Speaker 15: Yeah?
Speaker 23: So when my parents told me this information, I realized because they had built this narrative, this false narrative, about where I came from, I realized that in many ways I had been the supporting character in their story right like they were living this life. They were Earl and Valerie, parents of this beautiful child, successful middle class black family, like I was the supporting character in that fable, and when they gave me the truth, I felt like part of why I wanted to write the book was that it was time for me to step into being the lead character in the story of my life, to not let my life belong to them, to say, like, I deserve to be on this journey, this quest because I have my own story. Like, I get it, you had four decades of living this your way, but it's my turn to kind of take this narrative and figure out what my life means for me. So I love my parents. I do love being a supporting character in their life, but that has to be a ch I have to know that fundamentally, my life is my own and that they because I have the most incredible parents, they now have the opportunity and have allowed themselves to be supporting characters in my story. And a lot of what I've learned about parenting has been about that choice on their part, because they have allowed themselves to be supporting characters for me in this moment, which is humbling for all of us, with them in particular, right and as I look forward at my kids. I realize this is my moment. Like this book. I am the protagonist of this book, but I'm also the supporting character in the story of my kids, and I want them to know that I have their back and that they have to live their own life. They shouldn't be living in the ways that make me comfortable. They shouldn't be making choices that are for my own good. They have to make the right choices for them in the way that I'm making the right choices for me.
Speaker 2: Now, well, we appreciate you for joining us this morning, Thick, because than water is out right now.
Speaker 5: Yes, will come see us on tour.
Speaker 23: We're going to be in Chicago, DC, Atlanta, l A. I'm going to be in a conversation with Gabrielle Union, Tyler Perry telling me young Tony Goldwin's an incredible lineup, So come see us out.
Speaker 4: On the road.
Speaker 1: Get her out of here. She's holding in a coffin.
Speaker 15: That's right.
Speaker 1: Yes, it's the Breakfast Club. Good morning, morning everybody. It's d J n V.
Speaker 2: Charlamagne the gud We are the Breakfast Club. Law on the roasts here, good morning, good morning.
Speaker 6: Saluthor Kerry Washington for pulling up man, and make sure you go get her book Thicketing Water, which is available right now.
Speaker 1: Yes, right, great read.
Speaker 5: Then you feel like I got a hug from that conversation.
Speaker 6: Oh yeah, her energy is a great everything. Oh yeah yeah, absolute energy is fantastic.
Speaker 1: Well, let's get to the rooms. Let's go.
Speaker 6: Here for.
Speaker 1: Reports.
Speaker 18: I think a lot of people will recognize the boys from the name.
Speaker 2: On the breakfast club. Lauren came in hot.
Speaker 8: So there may be a new couple alerts soon if this goes well. So, Chloe Bailey was on a Apple music show called The Dotty Show and she was asked who is your celebrity crush, and here's how she answered.
Speaker 5: It's Michael B.
Speaker 15: Jordan.
Speaker 24: That's my celebrity crush. I've been said that in interviews even like years ago. But have you told him no, this is where we've got to work on your shoot. In your shot, Chloe, I don't shoot my shot.
Speaker 1: So how is she gonna know? I don't know.
Speaker 5: I think you should right now, DM, Michael B.
Speaker 1: Jordan. Now you could be blocking your blessings.
Speaker 5: And I know you're big on blessings.
Speaker 24: I'm big on blessings, but I'm like, God will bring my blessings to me when they're supposed to be here. We've got to stop expecting our blessings to lander our door, Chloe. But when we try to force it, we could block other blessings and then you end up giving them the eck exactly.
Speaker 5: Wow, what is it about Michael B.
Speaker 1: Jordan?
Speaker 15: Wow?
Speaker 5: Look at you blushing like he's in the room.
Speaker 24: That's crazy, just from thinking about him.
Speaker 1: That's great, No, Charlamagne, how does that make you feel? What are you talking about? That's your cousin. She's a girl, a woman.
Speaker 18: Crushes.
Speaker 1: She can make her own decisions.
Speaker 8: I just feel like when you're a celebrity, though, and you put something out that like that in the air, like shoot if he's available, because I don't know if he's dating again or whatever since on Lloyd Harvey, but if he's available, shoot one.
Speaker 6: Hundred and by the way, even if he's not available, Chloyd, don't care about all the white women that might go be Jordan probably surrounding yo.
Speaker 8: I mean that's another thing.
Speaker 5: She likes skin. Though he was dating Glory Hardy.
Speaker 1: Dated Lori Harvey.
Speaker 8: Harvey feel like the darkest he probably might go is Chloe, So she might have a shot man.
Speaker 1: That's disrespectful.
Speaker 2: We don't know who he did before exactly that I've seen.
Speaker 5: I mean, I don't.
Speaker 1: Maybe she just couldn't keep it the white.
Speaker 5: Women, because Lori Harvey isn't a white woman.
Speaker 1: I know she's not. She's not.
Speaker 6: But I'm talking about after the white woman. He's probably surrounded by a bunch of milk right now. So I'm saying, you don't care about all that milk anyway. I think Paul is milk out. We lack toos in tolerant.
Speaker 1: Okay, I just.
Speaker 5: Thought it was cute. I don't know where this just went, but I thought it was.
Speaker 1: I don't be talking get me, I'll be lying my shot to Michael B. Jordan.
Speaker 8: Yeah, it's fire man. I think it's fired too that she is so open about it.
Speaker 5: Becau shooting a.
Speaker 1: Shot like you shot your shot with Travis yesterday.
Speaker 5: No, no, no, that wasn't me shooting my.
Speaker 6: Shot with That was definitely you shooting your shot, making of milk. That was definitely shooting your shot at Travis.
Speaker 1: He was shooting your shot. That was a little ship we shot. We're not going back there, blu shot.
Speaker 8: One thing about men when they scoring y'all just can't let it go. Huh scoring man, y'all are that's a bad be right there? Okay, we're gonna we're gonna move on. We're gonna talk about Cloe're gonna talk about Jack co So, I don't know, hopefully that works out.
Speaker 5: I could see that. I could see them together.
Speaker 1: Michael B.
Speaker 8: Jordan used to be one of my crushes too. I think he's everybody's everybody has had like a little thing with him today.
Speaker 2: What about the age differ because what he's thirty six, she's what twenty four?
Speaker 1: He?
Speaker 5: That doesn't matter.
Speaker 1: That doesn't matter. I like seeing Michael B. Jordan with black women.
Speaker 5: I would like that too. Yeah, why are you saying it to me like I'm the judget that jail.
Speaker 1: I'm just saying I like seeing Michael B. Jordan with black women? Are you sure you by?
Speaker 6: That's what the B stand for, Michael, black women joyed, and that's what we wanted to stand for, not Michael Becky Jordan.
Speaker 5: My god, Well, shout out to them.
Speaker 8: I hope that they figured it out in the DMS if he is available now moving on, moving on, so, j Cole shared something yesterday. He shared a letter from Colin Kaepernick. Now, this letter was a letter that Colin Kaepernick wrote to the Jets back on September twenty first, and j Cole said in the caption that he had to actually acts Colin Kaepernick if he was able to share the letter. Colin was a little bit reluctant, but Jay Cole said he wanted to share this letter because he wanted people to see how much Colin still wants to play football.
Speaker 5: And how ready he is now.
Speaker 8: The letter, which is addressed to Joe Douglas, the general manager of the Jets, it basically just outlines the fact that Jay Cole and his team know that they are that the Jets are the big loss since Aaron was injured, and although they have Zach Wilson and now they have another person that they brought it on Tuesday. He feels like he wants to lead their practice team because this will give the Jets a reason to be watching him see how prepared he is. It can also help the team and then basically if they need a kind of contingency plan, he's there and he's already ready. So this letter was sent on the twenty first. There are reports though that the Jets have recently brought in a new player as a Tuesday, a quarterback named Trevor's.
Speaker 1: Saman Sam trevor smen practice squad.
Speaker 5: Yeah to the practice squad.
Speaker 8: So I don't know if that means that it's over for Colin and that potential.
Speaker 2: I love Colin Kaepernick and I love everything he did for the sport. I love everything he did for standing up for people. But the problem I have now is it seems like he's begging to get back into the league I like, and I don't like to see that.
Speaker 1: You know what I mean.
Speaker 2: It's like you've done a lot, the league is boxed you out, and it's to the point now I don't want to see him asking to.
Speaker 3: Get back by that league.
Speaker 6: I wish that they didn't share that letter. I wish that letter was never written. That letter was tragically sad and downright pathetic. Colin Kaepernick has let his set back become his identity, and I hate that for him. God exalted Colin Kaepernick into a position of leadership in regard to activism, and it pains me to see that man still begging to be in a league that he called racist and compared to a plantation, and I hate that he.
Speaker 1: Can never speak for himself.
Speaker 6: He always got somebody else speaking for him or putting out his messaging for him.
Speaker 1: That so whacked me.
Speaker 6: I wish Colin the best and all his endeavors, but just begging, you know, these same people you called racist for an opportunity is pitle.
Speaker 1: I just don't want to.
Speaker 2: I'd rather go to what's the other league that they created, the XFL league or any other league. But it's the fact that they boxed him out. They don't want him in the league.
Speaker 8: Like that's clear, very clear, And I had to I asked earlier in the room, like how good of a football player was he? Because the way that they just threw him out after all that, you would think that he wasn't good.
Speaker 1: But it's a good player.
Speaker 6: This don't even seven years and God has God exalted Colin happening into a position of leadership.
Speaker 2: Now understandably, he's been playing football probably since he was three years old, so that's all he knows, and that's what he wants because you.
Speaker 6: Know something else, now, God got him in another position. But when you're looking back and it looks it's easy.
Speaker 2: For you to say, but when you're competitive, and you've been playing since you've been three, and all you wanted was that ring, and you haven't got that ring. That's probably what will make him stop, is getting that ring.
Speaker 6: It's pitiful to call an organization racist compared to the plantation and then still be begging to go back on that planting.
Speaker 5: America racist and you live here.
Speaker 6: That's a stupid I hate when people say that, because I mean, I've never known anything else and anything be playing for you three.
Speaker 5: And you have the resources and the means to move to another country. You're very successful.
Speaker 3: Lauren.
Speaker 6: What you said makes zero sense, but I'm gonna let I'm gonna let the YouTube comments and social media tell you how what you said.
Speaker 8: Listen the way that they've been getting me all week. That's totally following me. But I just I just hated. Just make sure you'll, I mean, when y'all do it so people can follow me out eating All right.
Speaker 6: Well that is your rumor report who given at down two four after the hour Man, we need to explain why you don't fight fries with fire, No boy, we'll discuss, all right, We'll getting too that. Next it's the breakfast Cluve Gole morning.
Speaker 1: The breakfast club. Your mornings will never be the same. They a donkey up to day. Damn that he hogged.
Speaker 3: It's time for donkey the ky.
Speaker 1: I me ain't trying to be donkey today no more.
Speaker 6: They should be embarrassed by what they already did. I'm not making these people do these days.
Speaker 5: Called donkey of the day, and it really caught me off guard.
Speaker 6: Damn Charlamagne, who got the donkey out of the day today? Yes, donkey today for Wednesday, September twenty seventh goes to a Houston woman.
Speaker 1: Named Alania Ford.
Speaker 6: Now, this case happened, Okay, this case I'm about to tell you all about happened in March of twenty twenty one.
Speaker 1: But this a valance footage has just been released.
Speaker 6: Okay, see what it happened was Alania Ford used to work at Jack in the Box and she shot at a customer in the drive through all because they got into an argument because Jack in the Box forgot this family's order of curly fries. I can't make this kind of stuff up. Let's go to Fox twenty six News for the report.
Speaker 1: Please.
Speaker 23: A Jack in the Box employee opened fire on drive through customers.
Speaker 25: A family had their dog their six year old daughter in the car with them when they got into a dispute with an employee over a missing curly fries from an order at that Jack in the box. As Rainmos pulls up to that drive through window, he's then greeted by Ala Nia Ford, and once his food was handed over, an order of curly fries were missing from the bag. When he asked for them, he was told no. That's when the argument started. You can see Ramos in his red pickup truck going back and forth with Ford. She walks away, comes back, and the argument continues. Another employee approaches the window to try and resolve the situation, but in the midst of that, Ford comes back and starts arguing with Ramos yet again. She starts throwing ketchup pack is into his truck window, so he started throwing things back, but then Ford comes back yet again, points her gun directly at Ramos and starts.
Speaker 5: Shooting as he speeds away.
Speaker 25: Luckily, none of those bullets struck Ramos's vehicle and no one was injured. Ford was charged and convicted of deadly conduct, and recent documents show her probation ended in June of twenty twenty three.
Speaker 6: This is why you can't fight fries with fire Jesus, especially in Texas. All right, Look, man, I understand folks are going through things. Folks are stressed out emotionally and mentally. People are at capacity. And this is really why we have to be kind to everyone we encountered, because you never know what folks are going through. Not making excuses for this woman at all, because she made a choice, right, going to get your firearm because y'all having a dispute over some damn curly fries is a choice, all right. Choosing to fire set firearm at an individual, not just an individual, a whole family over curly fries is a choice. This man was in the car with his pregnant wife and his six year old. I also would like to say fast food workers of America, it's never that serious. I literally was listening to Bishop tdj's sermon from this past Sunday called then interescapeable rolla service. There is no greater purpose on this planet for any of us other than to be of service. You, as a fast food worker, are providing a service. We are grateful for the service you provide. It's a bunch of people right now trying to get to work, trying to get to school, and they are depending on you right now in that drive through to be prompt and precise so they can get what they ordered in a timely manner to make it where they need to be. So drop on the clues bonds for all the fast food workers out there being service this morning, okay, and doing their job. But this is also why we appreciate Chick fil A workers, because the one thing all of us remember about Chick fil A workers is the.
Speaker 1: Way they make us feel. Okay, they make us feel so good. All right.
Speaker 6: My wife and I got Crystal franchises. We got Crystal franchises opening. That's all I want our employees to be is kind. I want folks to leave the establishment feeling good because the interaction is pleasant. If something is missing from the order, you check the receipt, see that they did indeed pay for it, and give it to them. This why don't why I don't understand, Alanie Afford. What would it have hurt you to give this family their order of curly fries? How much is in order? Let them a little funky ass curly fries a dollar?
Speaker 1: Okay?
Speaker 6: At the end of the night, it's probably a bunch of curly fries left over that y'all just throw out. There's probably several orders of curly fries dropped on the floor. Jack in the Box right now, the president of the Fat Lives Matter Committee who works here at the Breakfast Club. You'll get to see him in twenty twenty four. We need him to lose some weight before he makes his debut. But he wants me to remind y'all fast food workers that you don't get employee of the month for saving the company money on any products.
Speaker 1: All right.
Speaker 6: It don't matter if it's fountain drinks, sauces, apple pies, napkins, scraws, French fries. You don't get a bonus for saving these items. Your boss does not walk up to you and say.
Speaker 1: We love the words.
Speaker 6: You don't give people anything extracted, okay, and now you have been promoted. This never happens, and I promise you Jack in the Box employees, Jack is not dying for you, all right. There's no reason to take your job that serious that you get in a dispute over some damn curly fries. And the damn sure is not serious enough for you to pull a pistol out and get things popping, like the grease those fries came out of.
Speaker 1: Unafford.
Speaker 6: Un Forward was convicted of aggravated the soul with a deadly weapon. Documents revealed that her probation concluded in June of twenty twenty three. Aliana, you really tried your hardest to go from jack in the box to being in the box eating box.
Speaker 1: I don't know how.
Speaker 6: You just got probation for this. Whoa, You are actually about the wrong life. Instead of being about thug life, you should be about that fast food life, because when you choose this fast food life, you have to be about this fast food life. You have to know that when items is missing, folks are going to complain, especially with fries, because I'm not sharing my fries. I got a pregnant wife and a six year old in the car. They want fries, you know, damn well. Women and kids look at our fries as their fries, especially when they don't have no fries, so you get them their own fries. Aliana, it is your job as a fast food worker to serve. Because as a customer, I did my job and served you. I spent my money with the establishment you work at, which ultimately helps you to.
Speaker 1: Pay your bills.
Speaker 6: Look, we all make mistakes, and you know that saying don't be afraid to make mistakes because that's how you learn. And bro, well, this don't apply to this, all right, Shooting at someone over some curly fries is a mistake you should be afraid to make. And this is why I never underestimate the power of human stupidity, because only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity. And I'm not even sure about the former. Okay, please give Ali on the Ford the sweet sounds of the Hamiltons.
Speaker 1: Oh no, you are the dog gee of the day, the dogee all the day.
Speaker 8: Ye Now, I want curly fries. Never mind, never mind, never mind.
Speaker 2: Never shouldn't the guy that didn't get the curly fries be mad?
Speaker 1: And how you mad and shoot at meat? And you didn't give me the crim exactly?
Speaker 5: Like why can we talk about the sauces again? Because they be holding on to them sauces tight.
Speaker 1: I have no idea why. And you said curly fries like ninety nine they be like three dollars.
Speaker 2: Now, curly fries at Jack in the box and Donald three dollars two.
Speaker 1: Damn, the cur are good. We got Fries Houston.
Speaker 9: I like that.
Speaker 1: You got Frid at home and she's been working there thirteen years. Still, I just want to put that out there. Damn.
Speaker 2: All right, all right, well peace, p E T. Will see you tomorrow, see you later.
Speaker 1: What we're doing the Colin Kaepernick covey? Yeah, okay, all right, well.
Speaker 2: Let's open up the phone lines eight hundred and five eight five one oh five on if you' just joining us. Laura la Rosso reported about Colin Kaepernick sending me Jets a letter, right, and what did the letter say?
Speaker 8: The letter said that he wanted to lead their practice squad because of everything that happened with Aaron Rodgers.
Speaker 5: So for two reasons.
Speaker 8: Number one, he wants to help them get ready for the opponents are going to come up against, including like a jailing Hurts. And number two, it will show the team that he is ready to play. And in case anything happens with the people that they may be going with to replace Aaron, he's right there.
Speaker 5: He's ready. He's the best contenter.
Speaker 1: Ray.
Speaker 6: That letter was tragically sad and downright pathetic, and like I just said, Colin Kaepernick has let his set back come his identity and I hate that for him.
Speaker 2: Well let's talk about it. Eight hundred five eight five one oh five on what are your thoughts. Do you feel like Charlemagne at the letter sat and he shouldn't be thinking about getting back in the league, or do you feel like he's been doing it since he was three years old and he still has goals, he still has things on this.
Speaker 6: Point, At what point do you realize God exalted you into a better position. God exalted you to a greater purpose. Because that's what I feel like he did with Colin Kaepernick. He exalted him into a position of leadership in regarded the activism. Well, let's talk about it when we come back, because you know, although also you know, I wouldn't be mad if Colin Kaepernick went to an HBCU and began and started coaching.
Speaker 1: I wouldn't be mad at that. That's fantastic.
Speaker 5: Is that not on the table? Like why?
Speaker 1: I don't know?
Speaker 5: That's so on brain, I don't know.
Speaker 1: I mean, that's what I would love. Nothing, We'll talk about those programs.
Speaker 2: That's what I would love because he would bring eyes to those programs like a high with a Hampton a fam you or nothing would be.
Speaker 6: On the table because you can block your blessings when you're when you're unwilling to let certain things go.
Speaker 2: But let's discuss. We'll talk when we come back. Eight hundred five eight five one oh five one. It's the Breakfast Club. Come morning, the Breakfast Club.
Speaker 6: It's topic time called eight hundred five five five one to join it to the discussion with the Breakfast Club.
Speaker 1: Morning everybody.
Speaker 2: It's DJ Envy Charlomagne the guy. We are the Breakfast Club. Laura LaRosa, our special guest host is here. And if you're just joining us, we're talking about Colin Kaepernick. Now you reported the story Lauren in rumors? What what was the letter that he wrote to the Jets.
Speaker 8: Colin Kaepernick wrote a letter to the Jets asking to lead their practice team for two reasons. He says that he thinks that he can get the team ready for all the competition are going to be coming up against in a way that won't like Threaten Zach or whoever will be playing in Aaron Rodgers spot. But also he wants the team to see that he is ready to play. He is the best contingency plan if anyone gets injured or just can't do the job.
Speaker 2: So we're asking eight hundred and five A five one oh five one, what are your thoughts?
Speaker 1: Charlomanne, I'm gonna say exactly what I said a little while ago.
Speaker 6: It's tragically sad and downright pathetic that Colin Kaepernick wrote that letter because he has led his set back become his identity.
Speaker 1: You know what I mean. I said it a million times.
Speaker 6: God exalted Colin Kaepernick into a position of leadership in regards to activism, and it pains me to see that man begging to be in a league that he called a racist and compared to a plantation.
Speaker 1: And I hate that he can never speak for himself.
Speaker 6: He always got somebody else speaking for him or putting out messaging for him.
Speaker 1: That's so whacked to me.
Speaker 6: And I wish Colin the best and all his endeavors, but just begging the same people he called racist for an opportunity is absolutely pitiful to me.
Speaker 1: Lauren.
Speaker 8: I thought that at first, if he got back in, he was going to be able to do like the whole I can change within. But y'all saying it's not giving up. I don't understand why he would want to be there, like I would never go back to something I left that wasn't good for me.
Speaker 2: I do see both sides, right, And the reason I see both sides is because I do feel like he's begging to get back in the league, and I don't like that. I don't like the fact that the league has boxed you out.
Speaker 5: The letter is even very yes, sir.
Speaker 1: Yes, like so many reasons league.
Speaker 2: Yeah, they give you so many reasons why they don't want you in the league, and you still are begging to get back in the league.
Speaker 1: I don't like that.
Speaker 2: But on the flip side, trying to sit in Colin Kaepernick's shoes as a young boy at three years old, that's been doing football and football ain't easy, right as a as a dad that my kids play football. It's five days a week, rain, snow or whatever, one game on Sunday and then back on practice again. It's very It's a lot, and these are years. He's probably been doing this for twenty thirty years, his whole life, so it's his whole life. So to him, he's probably never closed that chapter. And that chapter might be a ring, it might be playoffs, it might be one of those things that he's never got that and.
Speaker 1: Let's not let's be let's be serious. Let's be honest.
Speaker 2: The Jets are trash. The Jets need somebody. So it's not like it's a it's a far fetched I think.
Speaker 8: To me listening to y'all talk about the quarterbacks that they have right now in that position and how bad they are. And the fact that he wrote this letter and it basically went ignored and they brought in somebody else, that hurt my heart even more because I feel like the way that I look at Colin Kaepernick for what he did, it's just like, man, forget them people like we got you wherever you go, right. Athletes religiously cannot give it up sometimes.
Speaker 1: Until they forced to.
Speaker 6: So when God exalts you into a position that's greater than football, you know you got to leave who you are and love who you are and look forward to who you will become.
Speaker 1: You know what I mean?
Speaker 6: Like, I think that the purpose that he serves now and has served over the last few years is way greater than football, and it's kind of a slap in the face to God to not embrace that and not accept that and continue to beg these same people you called racist and said the league was a plantation.
Speaker 1: You're begging to be back and change college.
Speaker 6: This is I'm using your words, right, But you said that this is a plantation, So you beg it. Please chave me up masters, I'll even you can put me on the practice squad.
Speaker 1: I don't even want to be on the team. Chame me up with the practice squad. Ain't like that.
Speaker 2: But it's also and I'm not comparing them to a druggy, but it's almost like a druggie, right, And when I mean a druggie, you can't tell a druggie when it's time to give it up. They have to tell themselves. They have to say, you know what, I'm giving up drugs. And for him, he has to give up that chase. And he hasn't given up that chase.
Speaker 6: There's also why I don't want to hear anybody comparing him to Muhammad Ali.
Speaker 1: He will do that because when Mhammad.
Speaker 2: Ali, what people do that?
Speaker 6: Because when because when Muhammad Ali, you know, got his boxing licensed script, you know, he ate that because he understood that what he was standing for was bigger than boxing. But he got to fight again. You know he got after a few years, but he but he But in those few years, he never made it about him. He always kept it about the movement. He always kept it about the message that he was standing for always. And when you make stands that are bigger than you, you know that there's going to be consequences and repercussions and that comes with it, and you have to be willing to deal with that when you make these kind of stands.
Speaker 1: But let's go to the phone line. Hello, who's this can? What's up?
Speaker 12: Man?
Speaker 1: What's your thought? What's your take?
Speaker 12: But saying man, football is it is hard. So I'm a man of guard, So I understand the heart. Whatever's in your heart? What was for you? So the man wrote a letter, It's like you messed up with one of your friends or your mom or your dad. You need to seek people you want to put a letter to write it take it back in the league.
Speaker 6: For black men, black man a black man. He didn't mess up with the NFL. The NFL did him dirty. He didn't mess up, So why should he be writing a letter begging to get back with the person who broke his heart, that did him dirty?
Speaker 1: Hello, who's not using no common sense here this.
Speaker 26: Money, Yes, just unique unique.
Speaker 1: Good morning.
Speaker 3: What's your thoughts?
Speaker 27: Good morning, good morning. Yes, you know what, it's terrible that Colin Kaepernick even has the beg for his die back. Why because he's a great football player and I think it's no reason for him not to be able to do both things, advocate for black rights and rights with black people and the treatment you know that we're going through, and him being a football player because that's what he does.
Speaker 17: So yeah, the only thing.
Speaker 8: Is if you're doing both, there's gonna be so much repercussions. Like there's no way you can go into a job and say, y'all racist, y'all do this, y'all do that and expect them the employee of the month. You like, there's a separate there has to be a separation of two.
Speaker 6: I would think once you say that about your your your your employee, you done with them.
Speaker 8: I would think once you think that unless you need money or something like that. But he doesn't need that.
Speaker 2: I'm trying to figure out what the Keith Yo, what's hey?
Speaker 1: Man?
Speaker 13: This is Keith from Florida. Man, isn't isn't Colin breaking? Like one of the four they eight laws of power.
Speaker 26: You never beg your enemy for mercy.
Speaker 17: Why would you do something like that?
Speaker 13: You already caught them races? Why would you go back to try to apply in the league that said numerous times that they don't want to.
Speaker 12: I called my one of.
Speaker 13: My employees race.
Speaker 3: I will never go back to that job again.
Speaker 1: That's right. I mean, it's the truth.
Speaker 6: Once you set fire to the plantation, the plantation is burned down, you think Jangles that fight, I'm gonna use a real character.
Speaker 1: You think Nat Turner, you know, was rescuing all.
Speaker 6: Those people and killed all those slave masters in their family only to bring people back to the plantation.
Speaker 5: You lost it.
Speaker 1: Once you do that, you're you're trying to escape.
Speaker 5: You ask of us? Are Kanya eight.
Speaker 2: Five eight five five one? We're talking Colin Kaepernick. Colin Kaepernick wrote a letter to the Jet said he wanted to be on their practice the practice squad.
Speaker 1: What's your thoughts? Let's discuss. It's the breakfast Club.
Speaker 15: Go morning.
Speaker 1: It's topic times.
Speaker 6: Called eight hundred and five eight five one five one to join into the discussion.
Speaker 1: With the Breakfast Club. Talk about it more thing, everybody. It's DJ Envy Charlamagne the guy.
Speaker 2: We are the Breakfast Club. We got our special guest, co host Laura Larossa. Yes, sir, and if you're just joining us, we're talking about Colin Kaepernick.
Speaker 1: Now. What happened with Colin Kaepernick and a letter he sent to the Jets.
Speaker 8: So, Colin Kaepernick wrote a letter to the Jets asking to lead their practice squad, to help them get ready for the opposition and to basically show them whenever they need a quarterback, he's ready.
Speaker 5: He's going to be the go to. And yes, I said, the practice squad.
Speaker 1: I don't like him begging for the spot.
Speaker 2: I do understand that he's been doing this probably since a young kid, and he's been doing it all his life and this is what he wants. He he hasn't closed that chapter in his life. But I just feel like at this point, you beg it and I would prefer you use everything that you know, your skills, the practices, and I would rather go to an HBC you and teach those student be so fun. I mean, and there's a bunch of them that need the help, that need the eyes on them, and I think that will get a lot of students to go to HBCUs because the eyes will be in at school.
Speaker 1: Wouldn't that be the most powerful thing to do.
Speaker 6: But the reason, the reason that that Colin probably can't see things like that is because he's let his identity.
Speaker 1: I mean, he's let his set back become his identity.
Speaker 6: And we all know, in order to stop blocking blessings, you have to let things go.
Speaker 1: You can't hold on to things of the past. You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 6: You gotta let go of the past, but keep the lessons it taught you. You know what I mean, But you got to you gotta let it go.
Speaker 5: Identity, What do you mean?
Speaker 6: Because he's let his set back become his identity because God exalted him into a position of leadership and activism. If Colin would have really just focused on that and kept that going and said, really, if the NFL, I didn't call them racist, I didn't call it a plantation, I don't want to be over there no more. I'm gonna be over here helping my people, we'd be looking at him like that. But now we're looking at him as this pitiful person who keeps begging the NFL, begging his plantation to be back in change.
Speaker 1: Let's go to that I don't like it. You got mad people on the line.
Speaker 13: I know who's this, Mayor Rich timas Maultvernon.
Speaker 1: Hey, mayor Rich from Mount Vernon.
Speaker 13: You the mayor of the actual mayor.
Speaker 22: Yeah, I had the sledge of engaging Kaepernick crew and bassonors pass when he was going through the movement. And the reality is, you know, look, perhaps your own should ask a bigger question.
Speaker 13: How come the league won't let him play?
Speaker 12: It's not like you can't throw the ball. It's not like he didn't playing the Super Bowl.
Speaker 13: You know he's been blacklist and that we know if we know this.
Speaker 22: But the bottom line is, just like any other team that needs to quarter back should consider Cap. I say, bring back Cap, give him a shot to throw the ball again, even though he you know, let him move and it's time him to get back on the field and face the ball.
Speaker 6: Can ask agal questions behind, can ask a bigger question, why do we want this for Cap? If if Cap said that point, if Cap said is racist, If Cap said he's been blacklisted, if Cap said it's the plantation, why would we want to send our brother back on the plantation?
Speaker 13: Well, he said he wants to play. Maybe there have been changes.
Speaker 12: You know.
Speaker 22: Look, Jay Z has had success in negotiating some I want to call a form of reparations for the league, right for the players, for the entertainers, the.
Speaker 13: Music scene in the pastor Super Bowls.
Speaker 22: So I think it's kind for Cap to get back to play.
Speaker 12: Why not let him get on the field and play ball?
Speaker 1: Thank you man.
Speaker 2: I will say this though, and this is not right, and I know people are gonna be mad at the way that this is said.
Speaker 1: But if you create a stink in the.
Speaker 2: League right where people feel a certain way about you, this is a business.
Speaker 1: And if I own one of those teams, would you want to hire.
Speaker 2: Kaepernick on your team not knowing what he's going to do, not knowing what he's going to bring to your team when you just want to bring wins?
Speaker 1: I mean, I think that's see, that's a decision that if you're an owner.
Speaker 2: I think a lot of those owners which are not black, are white owners. We have one black owner, which is magic.
Speaker 8: They don't even want to hear from the wives of the players, So you think that they want to get put Colin Kaepernick on their team to then be able to have conversations and like all of that right, No to answer your question, but this is all stuff that we know, so I don't like unless he's able to come in and really like from the inside, infiltrate, I don't see what it does for his life is not just about him in football anymore. Like he is so much more now to us what I thought he is. He he's going to realize it.
Speaker 1: Jazzy, good morning, good morning.
Speaker 26: I'm sitting outside of Ale before I go in.
Speaker 1: Okay, go ahead, but us.
Speaker 26: But anyways, I agree with Charlie Man mainly because of the fact that like you're begging to be somewhere and where they don't want you, Like it's.
Speaker 9: Kind of embarrassing.
Speaker 26: Yes, in a sense, it's like instead of you know, I understand that he's football is his life, whatever, But create your own money, create your own table, Do what junior league do, training camp. Do something that they'll see you for you. They'll see you by yourself instead of surround you with that NFL trauma, that NFL bull crap. Like yeah, Roger Goodell like gave him an apology, but wasn't really an apology because he still ain't hired. So why are you still trying to get.
Speaker 1: In there, and it's sad. It's sad.
Speaker 6: It's sad that we want to we were begging him to go with It's like we're pushing him to go back. It's like, no, no, you you left the plantation. You told us about the atrocities that are happening on the plantation.
Speaker 2: The plantation or was he fired from the plantation? It was fired, right because he didn't love. He was fired, he was let go.
Speaker 1: And then he called him out the rousis and obviously that that was true because they apologize. They cut him a check. We don't know how much the check was for.
Speaker 2: And he wants to play, and I get it, but it's to the point where.
Speaker 1: It's like when do you let it go?
Speaker 2: But you know, like I said, he's been doing this since probably the age of three. This is all he knows. And that book, that chapter in this book is not done for himself.
Speaker 6: Man, when God exalts you to a position of leadership the way he did Colin Kaepernick, you have to go lead.
Speaker 8: Playing devil's advocate though, right if he was to be able to get back on the team, and he can't really do or say too much just him playing, is that a symbol of aha in your faces, Like does that mean anything?
Speaker 6: No, it's a symbol of oh we racist, We the plantation. But you begged us to come, get put back and change. Now you back in change working for us again. And how was that going to change the league in any way, shape or form? Like, how was that going to change the system of the NFL? And Lauren, you said to me what you asked me earlier, You said, what'd you say about America?
Speaker 5: Oh? I said, you still stay here even though there's a lot Yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 6: The difference I think is America is a system that we were all going into.
Speaker 1: And it's a system that promises us certain things.
Speaker 6: It promises it's citizens certain things, free them, liberty and justice for all. What we've historically seen that this system only provided justice for some, and we have fought against this system since the beginning of time.
Speaker 1: We aren't begging to be a part of this system.
Speaker 6: We are a part of this system, and as it currently is, we don't like it, and we're demanding for things to change.
Speaker 1: Colin not doing that.
Speaker 6: He called them racists, compared them to a plantation, and now he's just begging to be a part of that system. Did you hear anything in that letter that sound like he's trying to change the system. It sounds like he's trying to conform. He wants to play football. He trying, he's ready to conform. Like, No, I don't like it, bro, I don't like it. I think it's pathetic.
Speaker 2: And then it gets back to and I know it's costly to doing the things like ice Cubi's doing and creating our.
Speaker 1: Own spaces in our own league.
Speaker 2: I mean, of course, we can't create another NFL because that will cost billions of billions and billions and billions of dollars. But we've seen the success that ice Cubis had with Big Three and it's gave given a lot of players another opportunity, and hopefully one day we can create that for ourselves.
Speaker 1: And also, man, there's one more point. Yes, Colin took.
Speaker 6: A knee for police brutality. We salute him, we celebrate him. He took a knee, you know, to raise awareness to the brutality that black and browns came on were facing it the hands of the police. As soon as he got backlash, as soon as he got blacklisted, somehow that movement turned into justice for Colin what happened to the bigger issue, which is taking the knee for police brutality.
Speaker 1: That's what this was about.
Speaker 6: This wasn't about, you know, oh, Colin's getting blacklisted from the NFL. We should have expected Colin to get blacklisted from the NFL. When you make a stand like that and then you called the NFL racist and called the NFL a plantation.
Speaker 1: We should expect that. And he got to be able to eat that.
Speaker 6: And once again, that's why I don't like when people compare to Muhammad Ali.
Speaker 1: Muhammad Ali. Muhammad Ali ate it.
Speaker 6: He got his boxing lin and script away from him, and he understood that he was standing for something bigger than his boxing career.
Speaker 1: And I get it. I didn't expect him to get fired out the league.
Speaker 2: And the reason I didn't get I didn't expect that is because he wasn't the only one. There was numerous players neely and he was the only one that pretty much was.
Speaker 1: There was a couple like that that got that X, but there was a lot of players doing it.
Speaker 6: The first Soldjio over the hill always takes the most bullets, right, all right, Well, we got rooms on the way, but we're talking about yes, we're.
Speaker 8: Talking about Nick Cannon and him saying that Mariah Carey saved his life when he first got diagnosed with lucas.
Speaker 2: All right, we'll get to that next. It's the breakfast slogan woman the Breakfast Club.
Speaker 15: All right, let's get right to it. Rumor.
Speaker 18: I think a lot of people will recognize the boys to the name on.
Speaker 1: The Breakfast Club.
Speaker 2: Lauren came in Hot.
Speaker 5: Now Nick Cannon is talking about Mariah Carey.
Speaker 8: He sat down with a podcast called The Diary of a ce oh, and he recalled the time where he found out that he had lupus, and once he said that he credits to Mariah Carey for finding out or helping him to find out, but also once he found out what was happening.
Speaker 5: She basically saved this life. Let's listen to the audio.
Speaker 1: She was my rock man.
Speaker 16: Was She went hard, to be honest, Probably wouldn't be alive if it wasn't for how hard she went, you know, with the doctors, with me, my stubbornness. You know, she was the perfect helpmate, the perfect matriarch, the perfect mom, the perfect wife in those scenarios, because granted, she's who she is and dealing with all the pressures of being Mariah Carey but then being loving enough to.
Speaker 1: Take on all of my stuff.
Speaker 16: And it probably took a toll on us just because of the person I was in my head and the struggles that I was dealing with. So I probably took a toll on our relationship, but it definitely brought.
Speaker 1: Us closer to the other.
Speaker 8: And he said that they were an aspen one time and he had like went out for a jog and he came home and he passed out, and she came home and found him passed out and forced him to go to the er. And that's how he found out that he had lupus, and once they realized that his immune system was attacking his kidney.
Speaker 6: So that's what a good woman does for our dumb asses.
Speaker 8: I'm so glad you know y'all dumb because you knowing a lot of stuff in.
Speaker 1: Here, all right, all right? In relationship we are dumb. Yeah, absolutely, But I.
Speaker 5: Will say easy on the dumb, but not easy on me. Yesterday, we're gonna talk.
Speaker 2: About this, but I will say this, what what I You know, people, if you look at what they say about Nick Cannon, they say he a sucker, he's a sent but people he gets all the time.
Speaker 1: Is what we talked about Mariah Carey, but he loves him. That's his ex wife, children, his life.
Speaker 5: We talk about all the mothers of his kids in this way, so all.
Speaker 6: The mothers of the kids didn't find him passed out and take him to the hospital.
Speaker 8: Do y'all think that if Nick Cannon and Mariah Carey were to get back together it was kind of because people a lot of people feel like he's having the other kids and with all these other women because he's missing something and it's her.
Speaker 5: Do y'all think that that would Is that like a thing? Can that be something?
Speaker 1: I have no idea. This is the kind of conversation y'all be having a black women.
Speaker 5: No, not just something.
Speaker 8: You never heard that, Like, you know, men are go out and do things because are looking for something. Like people feel like Mariah Carey is like that missing piece to his puzzle.
Speaker 2: I don't know if Mariah's missing peace, but it does feel like he's missing something. It feels like he wants something and he has.
Speaker 6: Now you're talking, there you go. I don't know if she's I don't know if yeah, there you go.
Speaker 5: Just take away from the black woman.
Speaker 1: Well, I don't. I think it brings a good point up.
Speaker 6: I don't know if Mariah Carreys was missing from uh Nick's life, but maybe something is missing, Maybe there is something that he needed to heal.
Speaker 8: I'm not for sure, but I'm just saying, like you know, those things have been said, but I will say that it's good to hear him always because he does talk about our lot and I always used to feel like why, but hearing this story like yeah, like she literally saved his life.
Speaker 1: I'm positive it's good for the kids to hear that.
Speaker 6: The kids are like, yeah, I thought you want to hear pops talking about the This is so wild.
Speaker 2: Think about it like this, right if if somebody is beefing with their baby mom and they talk bad about him.
Speaker 1: Like, what are you talk bad about your baby mom? White?
Speaker 2: He talks positive about his ex, talks positive about his baby mom is his ex wife and the mother of his kids, and people.
Speaker 1: What are you always talking about? What are you like? What are you supposed to do?
Speaker 8: I think it's because it's Mariah Carey. You people feel like he was the like he was more involved in the relationship, like because of the power dynamic, say with your chest.
Speaker 5: Because of the power dynamicep.
Speaker 8: Mariah Carey just gives way more icon like Nick Cannons.
Speaker 5: The icon of icon. But people, but people.
Speaker 8: People will argue that that Mariah Carey had the upper hand in the relationship. Why, I don't know, they just do. I think it's the ambiance and the glamor of.
Speaker 1: He never made honey, y'all. I think y'all comparing music catalog don't say, y'all.
Speaker 5: I'm telling you, guys, I'm regurgitating conversations.
Speaker 1: If you're compaying music catalogs, it's not even.
Speaker 5: Why would his music catalog?
Speaker 1: I think that's what you'.
Speaker 6: I think y'all looking at this as musician married the musician. You don't look at it like that entrepreneur married to exactly. I think people don't. People don't really know a lot of what Nick Cannon does get it sent to a phenomenal businessman, and Mariah carries his outward celebrity and big on the outside. So I really think that y'all are doing y'all only say the power dynamic because Mariah Carey made fantasy and Nick made all.
Speaker 5: Right, that is the room in the system.
Speaker 1: No we don't. No radio stations in the country.
Speaker 5: Does Why would you do what's respect?
Speaker 1: We can't.
Speaker 6: That's regards to I love Nick the person dropping the clues bombs for Nick the human, Nick the artist.
Speaker 2: For I'm gonna put Jigglo in the systems. The next time you talk about don't have it, I do not like that.
Speaker 5: For y'all. That is messed up.
Speaker 8: Single line, Kelly, I can't sing our Kelly sing.
Speaker 2: Next part you're talking about? All right, Shot, just be saying things on the radio for no reason. All right, it's the Breakfast Club. The Breakfast Club. Your mornings will never be the same morning.
Speaker 1: Everybody is d J n V charlamagnea god. We are the Breakfast Club.
Speaker 2: We got our special guest host Laura La Rosa here, and I just want to salute to one of our producers, uh.
Speaker 1: Cheeks a k A. Brandon Big Ghana. Today is his birthday. They Big Ghana born day.
Speaker 8: He said, gonna shots when he was at his job.
Speaker 3: I lied. I lied a little bit.
Speaker 1: Wednesday, maybe later, maybe a little.
Speaker 3: Later, maybe when I get back. When I get back.
Speaker 2: Yeah, he's a he's a young producer up here, and he started off as an intern up started off as an intern up here.
Speaker 1: Uh and y'all probably saw that knowledge passed off live.
Speaker 3: That was that was Friday. That wasn't me.
Speaker 2: That's crazy, that was that was definitely we heard you standing on couches and chairs.
Speaker 1: But today is the young.
Speaker 3: Man's I heard somebody did that.
Speaker 13: That was you.
Speaker 2: I just want to wish to brother a happy birthday and just say you know, we support you, We appreciate you.
Speaker 1: Brother.
Speaker 3: Now, I really appreciate you guys to thank you for doing any plans this weekend. And again to a little something what's her name?
Speaker 2: That I was gifted the bottle of cosago so that I'll be put to use this weekend.
Speaker 8: That happened to Wow, the gifting of the cosago. There's way better to kill out there.
Speaker 1: How old he is?
Speaker 15: Wow?
Speaker 5: Eight, that's gonna hurt.
Speaker 1: You, won't you give them something?
Speaker 5: I didn't know today was your birthday gifts.
Speaker 8: But if you we head over to the Lobo section over here and take some shots, I can expose you know.
Speaker 1: Your going up here?
Speaker 15: Okay?
Speaker 1: Well, and also too, you know Brandon is from Ghana.
Speaker 3: Right, I was born in America, but yeah, my family is from Ghana and.
Speaker 6: You go to Ghana often? Yes, do you abide by the rules of Ghana? I know where you're going with this.
Speaker 1: Sex toys. Engaging in oral antal sex is illegal and done.
Speaker 3: I live here.
Speaker 2: Okay, go down your finish salutor Brandon out there all right when we come back. We got the positive notice of Breakfast Club. Good morning Morning. Everybody is dj n V Charlamagne to God. We are the Breakfast Club. Laura LaRosa is here our special guest host. Yes, and it's time to get a f out of here.
Speaker 6: Give me your Twitters and Instagram so they can harass you on social media.
Speaker 8: Law Jesus, Laura l Rosa, l O R e N l O R O s A and Brown Girl Grinding all common spelling. Make sure you're following us. That's the group chat and check out the podcast Bronco Grinded with Lauren Rosa. It's a little bit more of me and things that y'all can argue with me about.
Speaker 1: So, Lauren, don't be dunk in the smoke.
Speaker 5: I don't, I really don't.
Speaker 8: You gave me a good word yesterday though, because I was I was going to lean in to some more of some smoke.
Speaker 1: But they're supposed to comment. That's the whole point.
Speaker 5: Yes, I love making people feel away good or bad.
Speaker 6: I mean, but that's the point, right, Like, when you express yourself and you express your opinions and you know they're genuine and authentic opinions, they're going to elicit genuine and authentic reactions from people and they some of them might be good, some of them.
Speaker 1: Might not be good. But guess what, they're doing their job. We're doing ours.
Speaker 8: That's how you summarize the rage that you causing people. Yes, okay, great, well yeah, y'all that's me.
Speaker 1: All right, well, they's in a positive note. Listen, positive notice.
Speaker 6: Simply this, man, Once you are locked in with yourself, you realize a lot of stuff is not worth your time and energy at all.
Speaker 1: Breakfast club you don't.
Speaker 3: Finish for y'all.
Speaker 1: Dump