Speaker 1: Hey, BFF family, We've got some exciting news.
Speaker 2: That's right if you live in Los Angeles. Honestly, even if you don't live in Los Angeles. We will be live, loud and in color at the Allegian Theater on October eleventh. Ooh girl, what tis seven thirty pm? And We've got some amazing guests with us too, to celebrate National Coming Out Day and my.
Speaker 3: Birthday, which is the day of o ooh girl. Note that's right.
Speaker 1: Join me Joehold, Trevelle Anderson chan Chassell, and Xavier de lo as we celebrate the BFF experience. Head over to Alesiontheater dot com to get your tickets today.
Speaker 4: Hello the Internet, and welcome to season three oh six, Episode five of De Dally Zai Guystay production of iHeartRadio. This is a podcast where we take a deep dive into American shared consciousness. And it is Friday, September twenty ninth, twenty twenty three.
Speaker 3: Yes, that means it is National Wildlife Refuge Day. It's also National Coffee Day. And also last Friday September is National Game Ends HIV AIDS Awareness Day. Although there you go, all happening, last all the coming at you coffee day.
Speaker 4: I am observing coffee day. I've had about a pot in coffee so far. No, you haven't done for no, for no reason, for really no good reason.
Speaker 3: Yeah, hey, did you do Vietnamese coffee yet?
Speaker 4: No, I still haven't done it, Jack, like I said, forgotten our conversation until you just said.
Speaker 3: That, wait for a full moon, Like I said, do it.
Speaker 4: On a full maid myself to a radiator.
Speaker 3: In the basement, and then just and then just see what the coffee does for you.
Speaker 4: I mean, I feel like it's gonna make me have to go to the bathroom, That's what it's gonna do.
Speaker 3: Honestly, you might not even notice, because for me, I was in such a panic that I didn't even know I had bodily functions. I was just like, am I just this consciousness? That is just a really bad way. But hey, Pete Sterrow.
Speaker 4: Well, my name is Jack O'Brien aka Jaquille O'Neill.
Speaker 3: Oh because of the way I bang in the paint, dunk on with it. Because the way I bang in the paint.
Speaker 4: You know, my high school coach always said, man, if you were only seven foot two, three hundred and twenty five pounds, of pure muscular athleticism with your skills.
Speaker 3: Even then, you probably still wouldn't start now stop asking me, but yeah, you know, hey man, but we need to gatorade things empty, So why don't you go fill that up? Man? All right?
Speaker 4: All right, well, well, I'm thrilled to be joined as always by my co host, mister Miles Gras GREAYK.
Speaker 5: I always feel like somebody Yon the Street gonna blow heroin Heroin on me. Oh, I always feel like somebody Yon the Street is airborne smack just to dream.
Speaker 3: Oh okay, that's shout out to the people of Seattle, who you know, handled that Fox News person there very thoroughly when you're like I saw people using drugs when the lady was like, oh and were you afraid it was gonna come through your car? Did it get you? No? Okay, keep it moving out of it. That makes you scared.
Speaker 1: I know.
Speaker 3: That's from lockerone on Discourse. Shout out Cockeronie, shout out Rockwell, shout out the son of Barry Gordy. That's how we got that Michael Jackson feature on that track For people who don't know, is that right? Yeah? I had no idea. Well, Mico, Baby's Jack. They're all around.
Speaker 4: They're all around us, hiding in plain sight, Miles. We are thrilled to be joined in our third seat by a brilliant writer, speaker, social justice educator who's written for Ebony Complex, Out the Roof and appeared on NBC News, BuzzFeed, and Vox, amongst all of them. They're also the host of the amazing podcast BFF Black Fat Femme, which has a live show coming up the eleventh of October. You can still get tickets as of right now. Go get It's doctor Jump Paul.
Speaker 3: Here you go.
Speaker 4: Hello.
Speaker 3: It's so nice to be back. It is so nice.
Speaker 1: I manifested this so I had said, like earlier last week, I was like, I missed check and I miss Miles.
Speaker 3: And I said that like under my breath.
Speaker 1: And then Anna was like, yo, you want to be able to show and I was like, oh my god.
Speaker 3: I met it.
Speaker 4: We do have you and are listening very carefully. Happened so, and just so you know.
Speaker 3: We only were we only have you on when we know you have uttered the words I missed them and they were like yeah, because I mean the last time I saw you was in New York yeah. I was like yeah. I was like, man, I was like I'm missing wait, wait, who do who do we run into at thirty Rock that you found out?
Speaker 1: Oh gosh, we ran into Heather McDonald's. I call her Heather long boobs because that's what I know her as wrong from Chelsea Lately. But I was like, oh my god, it's Heather McDonald so so random, and I was like, I love her.
Speaker 3: I think her comedy is great. So it was really cool. It was wild though, and because we were just I think we had just got a New York bagel together and show way the way you pulled up to heathern McDonald, I thought you knew her. I was like, of course they know Heather McDonald.
Speaker 1: Yeah. No, I didn't know her, but I knew. I was like, I know that lady, and so I ran up on her and was like, yo, can I get a picture?
Speaker 3: She loved?
Speaker 1: Yeah she did.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: So my husband was actually thrown by it too. He was like, Yo, you met Heather McDonald's.
Speaker 3: I was like, yes, so hey, New York, New York dreams.
Speaker 1: Where was it? Concrete jungle, red green tomatoes? Yeah? Yeah, what is that?
Speaker 3: Is that? Just like a meme no.
Speaker 1: I always I've always said it was Oh yeah, I always sang it that way in my head. It's always been read to me. Yes, it sounds under staying there's nothing you can't do. And now you're in New York, and I was like, why is she sing red green tomatoes? And then I realized it was where dreams are made of and I was like, oh snap, I was singing the wrong words.
Speaker 3: So I just loved that juxtaposition though, concrete jungle, red green tomatoes. Now you're in New York. Wow, I didn't know. I'll have to look out for those when I'm in town. Do you guys have these red green tomatoes?
Speaker 1: Yes?
Speaker 3: Yes?
Speaker 1: So?
Speaker 3: Oh man.
Speaker 4: All right, well, doctor Higgins, we're going to get to know you a little bit better in a moment. First, we're gonna tell our listeners a few of the things that we're talking about. We're gonna talk about the Republicans attempt to stand with workers and how that's not going very well, including Trump's speech in Detroit, much hyped speech in Detroit where he was gonna ultimately like come out as this time I am a man of the world, and it don't quite go that way.
Speaker 3: It looked that. It looked that.
Speaker 4: Miles, you're gonna tell us about the GOP debate.
Speaker 3: I haven't read.
Speaker 4: Anything about what happened to the GEOP.
Speaker 3: You don't, you don't need to, you already know without knowing. I'm just here to just shine a light on some of the more chaotic aspects of it, because nothing really happened, like no one. It's like I would be I would be surprised if after Republican debate we're like, you know what, I think so and so actually has a chance here at you know, cracking the code to defeat Trump, because it's not just a bunch of foolishness, but it's all on tape, mm hmm.
Speaker 4: And we'll talk about Dare Dar's making a comeback somehow, all of that plenty more. But first, doctor Higgins, we do like to ask our guests, what is something from your search history that's revealing about who you are?
Speaker 1: Well, first, I want to say, crack is whack, Crack is cheap, Dare tip I wanted to say that it just I literally rolls.
Speaker 4: But my spirit, the our writer JM Like was like, yeah, back in the day days of the Dare program, when Pee Wee herman urging kids not to try crack was considered totally normal, and I had to look that clip up and many.
Speaker 1: A time even that, what do you remember that meth commercial where she was like.
Speaker 3: Staying up all night cleaning in your house, math.
Speaker 1: Math, and it was like, literally, there is a literal commercial. I have to I'll send you the link, but there is a commercial of a woman singing about being addicted to meth. And it came out in the nineties. And then I always remember that this is your brain on drugs with like I remember that one crack but no, that meth song literally every time, specifically when I'm in downtown LA, which I call Gofham City, I'll see it and just it starts playing in my head like meth, meth.
Speaker 3: Meth, Yeah, wait, what is it this one? Yeah?
Speaker 1: There is an actual commercial.
Speaker 3: Yo, this is ridiculous. I know you didn't hear it. I can hear the first bar of it. Old, no, no, no, no, there we go.
Speaker 5: Get me busy as a bee.
Speaker 6: Where I get all this senergy?
Speaker 7: Oh wow, I don't need but I've got the cleanest house on the streets.
Speaker 4: The visuals are not this.
Speaker 8: This was an anti This was an antith say, well, they got they've got the music matching. Like the music makes me think that this is like that from the people who brought you Flintstones vitamins. Yeah, because meth commercial. But then the visuals look like they're from like an early anofski. Yeah, like sound Garden, you know, like one of those things about like the runaway train video, you know about like kids who get kidnapped or run away from home.
Speaker 4: It's yeah, it's very it's very strange. The Pee Wee clip I just watched for the first time since I was a child, and they make crack sound really appealing in the ed like that because he's very serious, but he is also like it's so potent. Oh my god, is crack rock cocaine.
Speaker 1: It isn't glamorous or cool what kids stuff. It's the most addictive kind of cocaine and it can kill you.
Speaker 3: It's really bad.
Speaker 1: Is nobody knows how much it takes, so every time you use it risk dying.
Speaker 3: It's such a not a pee Wee vibe that I don't know. He's the worst messenger for that message. That's a strange one.
Speaker 4: But then the end, it's like the thrill is not worth the chill or something like that, and like he yeah, he goes on to be like and it's the most powerful form of cocaine.
Speaker 3: It's like the craziest box. I'm so sorry. Oh man, it feels that, oh man feels like it's like something Dolly Parton wrote. Yeah, like it has a very Dolly vibe, which she's like, here, here's a little ditty I got to keep kids off the.
Speaker 1: Met Yeah, and then they wrote a song about it. But anyway, all that to be said. Up, Sorry, I opened that. I literally opened up. That is my crack, which is Apple. So I got an iPhone fifteen pro on Friday, well technically I got it Monday, but I ordered it on Friday.
Speaker 9: Wow.
Speaker 1: I I think I made the wrong decision in the color. I got the natural one, which I thought was going to end up being gold, and it's not. It's like it's like a gray color and it's ugly, Like I just I personally think it's ugly. And so I've been kind of browsing around trying to see if they have any in store, and then they do. They have a black one, which is like way out in South Coast, and I'm like, do I draw, Am I really that awful that I'm gonna drive down to Irvine to get a new phone because I hate the color of the one that I have Capitalism?
Speaker 3: Yeah yeah, but anyone who.
Speaker 1: Knows me knows that I probably will so because I'm an addict. Apple owns me and it really sucks that I.
Speaker 3: Do you have a Early? Do you have an Apple Watch Ultra? Are you that I have the two?
Speaker 4: Oh?
Speaker 1: Yeah, no?
Speaker 3: Yeah? Wow. They just came through the Wow. It's everything. You know. It's funny because we were just talking about the new iPhone and how I thought I haven't upgraded since twenty nineteen, and I'm like, I'm ready because the only thing I was like, I want USBC. I'm off this lightning every phone. I was like, whenever they do USBC, I'm back. And then I had a Pro Max. I have a Pro Max now, and I saw that video of this year's Pro Max and the dude just bented in half with his hands, and I was like, oh, fuck out of here. Really, wait, isn't.
Speaker 4: The whole thing is supposed to be It's titanium.
Speaker 1: It is titanium, but it's very much on the lighter side. It's very light like light to the point where I almost thought was like, is this a pro when the late when the person I shouldn't say, lady, and when the person handed me the phone, they initially handed it to me and I was like, this feels and looks like the Pro and they were like, no, it's the Pro Max and I was like wow, So like it just it's it's it's a lot sleeker and it's a lot I don't know, it just feels better in your hand. But like I said, I just don't like the color of it. And I'm like do I I'm like, do I just you know, shrug my shoulders and say, you know, forget about it, or do I, you know, gas up my car for one hundred dollars because gas is literally seven dollars a gallon in So So Cow and drive down even though I have a hybrid, But still like, do I Am I going to be that person that drives across town literally to getting the color?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 4: Because it's do you do you not have a cover on your iPhone?
Speaker 1: I so this this is the thing I wish that I and I have to say this. I am a person who will spend ridiculous amount of money at Apple. But that is one of the things that I just I cannot bring myself to be like, oh, let me just rock my phone naked and rub the risk of it slipping out of my hand. And you know, and I'll tell this story here because it's the perfect story to tell it. This is a true story. So one day back in like I think it was like twenty twelve, twenty thirteen, do you remember when they used to test your phone for water damage before you could get it like replaced, And it was like one of the yeah, they would they would literally like blow this light thing into it to like see if there's red in your phone because it got wet. Well, I remember coming in from work one day and I was literally so the way my apartment was was when you walked through the front door, you would immediately have to make like a left to go into my bedroom, and the bedroom you would have to pass the bathroom in order to get into my bedroom. And so sure enough, I walked into my apartment, I was setting my work back down, I was on the phone, and literally as I was walking into my room to take off my work shoes, my phone slipped out of my hand. And guess where it flew into the toilet, and so ever since then, I've been like and that was at the time where I was like, I don't need a case. I'm not a case girl. And now to this day, I'm like, yeah that if that can happen, anything can happen. And so I've always put a case on my phone. I hate cases, but too.
Speaker 3: Yeah, as much as I always love, Like, when I get the new one, I'm like, yo, I want to rocket like this, and then it just takes me putting it on the table wrong, and then I just have like I'm like, you're gonna fucking break everything.
Speaker 10: Yeah, but I feel like when I take the case off, if I've had a case for a while, I'm like, oh, that's that's what color the phone is, right, So when I when I have a case on my phone, I have no idea what color it is or.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, So I told my I bought a black case for it, so I have a I have a like I have that woven case on it, the woven one. And I told myself, I I'm gonna get the black woven case and see if it makes me like the phone a little bit better and if I can deal with it, you know, being black and silver in the woven case. If I like it, then I'll keep it. But if I don't, then I'll go to the place tomorrow and I'll get.
Speaker 3: A new one.
Speaker 4: So now I have a dumb thing that I'm realizing what was happening in my brain. Every time I've gotten an iPhone, I've had that same thing you were describing, doctor Higgins, where I'm like, oh, it's much later now, and I think I was assuming that it was picking up weight, like from dust, just just aging, getting heavier with age, And that's probably not the case, like a pillow, you know, just dust bites, just dead bugs inside my phone.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's probably not scientifically accurate.
Speaker 4: But I just realized when you described that that that's what was happening in my right. Yeah, I'm a stupid person.
Speaker 1: It's fine.
Speaker 4: What is uh, doctor Higgins? What is something that you think is overrated?
Speaker 1: Overrated? I actually made a note about this. So my overrated is being an adult. I think being an adult, like the the older I get it. Just it seems like I remember being a kid, maybe because I was poor, so like I remember being a kid and being like when I get older, I'm gonna you know, I'm gonna eat what I want, and I'm gonna do what I want whenever I want to do it.
Speaker 3: And then it's like I look at my calendar.
Speaker 1: My calendar is so full, and I'm just by the time like I actually get to sit down on my couch, it's time to do this shit all over again, and I'm like, damn it, like can I rest so Like I don't know, just being an adult, maybe because of the time that we live in, like everything feels so heavy, Like you know, I was talking to someone about this at the airport this weekend, Like it just every time we look up, there's something else that's happening. There's something terrible that's coming our way. And like just seeing gas prices like my husband told me, like lunch meat was nine dollars now, Like everything just feels so heavy, and I just like being an adult. It's like my nephew was five and I look at him and I'm like, you know, baby, like just stay young, like don't stay young, like finding enjoy being young, because man, like when by the time you get to my age, it's probably gonna be three times as worse. Like my mom used to tell me that, and I didn't. I never processed what she was trying to tell me. But now as an adult, I'm looking around and I'm going, yeah, it really is kind of it's kind of rough out here.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, yeah, I saw it. I saw like, you know, egg price has been going up and down. I went to the eight point fifty for twelve eggs. I was like, I was acting like Eggs was a brand of food I didn't need to fuck with anymore. I was like, well, I'm finished with eggs. Then. Yeah.
Speaker 1: We even shop at ear what was that place called Earworm or whatever, ear War, Carajuan. Yeah, I look every time I see it, it looks like Earworm to me. But yeah, it's not even like I shopped at like Arawana or anything like. I mean, we go we go to Ralphs, we go to like Stater Brothers, and it's like, man, you literally like two hundred and fifty dollars for like what two weeks worked of groceries and we don't even eat junk like that. Like I guess I'm that girl that's gonna eat a donut. I'm gonna eat a lot of like I eat what I want to eat. But man, it's like just to get like produce, and so like even thinking about it, like I saw someone there's been this TikTok floating around about a woman who I guess talked about having children, and I you know, when I talk to my mom and I talk to like some of my peers who don't have kids, that's usually the number one thing that drives the conversation of like why I have so much empathy for people who have kids? Now, it's just the price of everything is expensive, Like everything is high.
Speaker 3: It's like daycaars, like yeah, the fucking Mercedes payment, Like was it a fifty a week? It's some daycare some like yeah, like I'm looking for the cheaper ones and shit it's like two k a month. Yeah that's yeah, this is what you pay for rent. So I know and like yeah yeah, and like that's what's interesting too, because like I know people who have made the business decision to say it's actually like I might as well not work because I'm just gonna be working to pay this thing off and i might as well just be with the kid. Yeah yeah, but yeah, it's it is heavy. His head is very heavy. That's why, Hey, Trader Joe's. I like how my receipt looks when I go there because I'm like, we have bag salads, and.
Speaker 1: I'm like, yeah, yeah, we have to travel to our Trader Joe's is not in a very it's not convenient at all to where we live.
Speaker 4: So wait, Trader Joe's is cheaper than like Kroger routes most of the time.
Speaker 3: Yeah, oh yeah, like if you if you yeah, baby, like you know, like like I buy salad right and do salad stuff. You can buy those pre bagged salads or whatever. You get like six of those some like meet you on a grill and stuff like that, and you can walk out of there for under what that would cost if I want into like a Kroger. Sometimes it all depends on like you know what you're looking for?
Speaker 4: Huh, all right, what is something doctor Higgins? Do you think is underrated?
Speaker 1: Underrated? Asking people for help? And I know that, like I know that some I listened to the show daily and I know people have such good responses, But that was the only thing that came to mind for me in terms of underrated, And so that's why I'm on the show.
Speaker 11: Come to my live show on October eleventh Hell, the Saints come, come listen to us babbel about absolutely nothing but no seriously asking for help.
Speaker 1: And I think I'm the older I'm getting, you know. I think that there's this you know, and again this could be the social justice in me. But I think, as you know, a marginalized person, we're always expected to have the answers to everything. We're always supposed to be the person. Like the world teaches you to be the smartest person in the room all the time, and I've just gotten to the point now where it's like, yes, I have a doctorate, but I'm still not the smartest person in the room. Like wouldn't anything say like support me, bitch? Like that is literally how I feel all the time now, Like I'm like, if I need help, I'm an ask I'm not that girl that's like I've got it together, Like I'm good, Like my life is great. No, my life is literally three second it's a string from falling apart. So like, please help me, Like if you can help me in any way, whether it be like you know, giving me you know, a network or an email or a connect to something like that. I'm never below saying help me, right because this life is hard, like just it's it's really really hard.
Speaker 3: So oh yeah, and I think there's also, yeah, there's people don't want to want to struggle in public. That's a huge reason why people don't ask for help or fact like they aren't like they got their shit all figured out. But it is like the most liberating and sort of like life affirming thing when you ask for like you'll be surprised you ask for help, the help that you will receive from people that are like in your circle. And I think that's also one of the underrated aspects of asking for it is like you will also realize like damn, may go people on my corner. Y.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it's this is probably the most underrated thing of my adult life. This is this is a great underrated It's something I've had to do for like addiction issues I've had to do in like it's made my marriage better and just in terms of it being good advice. We did this thing like there's this hack one hack that Ben Franklin wants you to know. But there's this thing that Ben Franklin talks about that he realizes it's this like counterintuitive thing that if you ask someone for a favor they and they do the favor for you, they will like you more. And it's a weird because you're showing vulnerability and there's like something like subconsciously of them like doing something for you, Like their brain is like, well, they must be cool then because I just did this thing for them. So it's like it's all around. Like just being willing to be vulnerable enough to ask for help opens this world of possibilities and increase, you know, just everything. It makes your life better and richer in so many ways, you know, decreases the loneliness, which is such a huge problem, like right now. Yeah, and all that being said, I can speak about it for a long time and like I still don't do it enough, you know, because it's hard.
Speaker 1: It is hard, And I think I was gonna say real quick, I think a really important thing is, you know, masculinity is as a as a like a thing, right, whether you talk about toxic masculine or masculine as a whole, like we're all three men, and I think so being even even for me being non binary, there's still this presentation of I'm male presenting to people in some way, and so I'm supposed to never be emotional enough to say I'm struggling. And I actually had to like acknowledge that a couple of like days ago, like two weeks ago, I was literally sitting in my office going like, here comes the ideations, here comes to like no one loves you, no one cares like you're You're feeling very alone. So I had to get my therapist back up and I had to say like, hey, I'm going I'm literally slipping into this mindset again of being lonely and feeling like the world doesn't need me here, like I need help. And she was like, you know, let me get you back, and you know, let me get you back on the roster. And so I think that that's something that like I try to emulate and everything that I do. That like just because you see you know the shows, you see me on the network, and you see me on TV, and you see me with you know, celebrities. I mean I went to dinner with the celeb friend of mine just this weekend. People are like, oh, that's so cool. I'm like yeah, but we were sitting at the table literally almost crying with each other because we're all struggling, like we're all going through it. So yeah, it's just you know, asks for help literally, like people are not going to judge you for asking for help.
Speaker 3: So yeah, and that it's okay to be struggling. I think that's the other hard part is like whenever I start getting like you know, I start having start ruminating on shit or whatever.
Speaker 12: It's like, mane, you get your shit together whatever. It's like, no, yeah, that's not That's not how you get out of it. You get out of it by being like Okay, okay, that's where we're at right now. Let's try and find a way to sort of pivot to something that feels a little bit better and then incrementally get out of there. But the whole like brute force of like I don't need to feel like this, damn it.
Speaker 3: Like it's guess what, it only makes shit worse.
Speaker 4: What if you just said no to sadness though, if you just said no, like to drugs, Yeah, like I don't know that that seems well just like yeah, it's just going to make me do more more sadness.
Speaker 3: That's right, more sadness.
Speaker 4: All right, let's take a quick break and we'll come back, and speaking of sadness, we'll talk about the Republican Party and how things are going for them.
Speaker 3: We'll be right back.
Speaker 4: And we're back, and you know, the Republicans are struggling there. They don't have an identity outside of you know, they just have collapsed into a personality cult with a person at their head who is struggling. Yeah, he's not doing great. He's the most indicted human being on planet Earth right now.
Speaker 3: I believe more indictments than l Chopo, that's for sure.
Speaker 4: So we were sitting back, we were like, man, you know, what makes sense for them?
Speaker 3: Is it?
Speaker 4: They? If they did the thing that no mainstream politician in the US has been willing to do at this moment of increased support, increased popularity for labor for unions. What if the Republicans were just like, actually, we're kind of the labor party, Like we're you know, we can just rest on the laurels of decades and decades of being pro corporations and we can just pay lip service and like start running as the where with the Workers Party. This is something Tucker Carlson said many years back, like somebody's gonna somebody's gonna jump in here and do this. Let why not have it be Republicans and so there they're trying that hat on and it looks stupid, looks bad on them.
Speaker 3: Yes, well, I mean yeah, the thing is like Joe Biden beat Trump to the picket line, and we discussed this on the past episode. He was like saying like, hey, I believe that y'all deserve a significant pay rise, and that was a first along with him being on the picket line. They're still concerned though, from the UAW over the government giving subsidies to Ford to make electric vehicles without mandating that they use union labor. So that's still a bit of a sticking point. But we'll see if Biden does something to improve that situation. But yeah, but they're saying, like, you know, Trump's also got something going on. When I think we'll get to well, we'll get to his his little his moment where he gave a really fun speech to a quote unquote.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I mean, should we just start off with that, Yeah, might as well.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that question does not have to go to the debates or is he just choosing not to go.
Speaker 3: He's choosing not to Yeah, he's just saying I'm not no, I'm not going. Whatever, y'all do your thing. Yeah. People on the right are like, why is he ducking the debates?
Speaker 4: And I think the answer is like, he has nothing to gain from going because he's so far.
Speaker 3: Yeah, because there is the potential for them to start wind milling on him by talking about like his criminal like record and stuff like I would just be like, yeah, you never, you never. I'm gonna just I'm gonna take a step back then, y'all just do that and.
Speaker 4: I can just scream from Okay, So Dominique from the dotted line wind.
Speaker 3: Just wind milling on.
Speaker 9: Good.
Speaker 4: Yeah, the duking in him yea. So we saw that he was going to speak in Detroit the night of the debate, and we were like, uh oh, maybe maybe this is it, Maybe he's going to really do it. So first things first, he spoke at a non union plant, so that that was a strange, Like he's speaking in Detroit during a auto worker's strike union strike and he is speaking at a specifically non union plant. The event, he a lot of vague platitudes really coming out like that. There are sentences where he says he's like pro worker and pro union, but they are surrounded by him like attacking union leadership. Yeah, and just basically saying all of the things that industry people would would have you believe, like the industry is going out of business, like you guys are, it doesn't matter.
Speaker 3: You can wing your strike.
Speaker 4: In two years from now, the whole place is going to be out of business to all your company needs are going to be out of business. The stuff that was basically like taken from the mouths of like the companies that these people are striking against.
Speaker 3: He's he's doing the same material that a consult like a union busting consultant does when a company is like, oh, ship, my worker's unionizing, because there's the same things like these these fat cats that are running your union. They don't have your your, your, your, your your, your, you know, your future in mind.
Speaker 4: They're thinking about them, they're thinking, they're working out their own deals.
Speaker 3: Yeah exactly. And it's like and they're just getting in the way, and I feel so bad for you. I feel so bad for you that your leaders are just kind of completely just fucking you over like this, and that's gaslight. Yeah. Yeah, he's just lying to a room full of people who were I guess presented as workers. So like the details always got murkery it's like, oh shit, Trump's going to Detroit to speak to auto workers and then Asterisk. Trump is going to a non union plant to speak to Asterisk, mostly retired workers Asterisk that were invited only by the management of the non union plant. And then then we get to the event and they were my, my, oh my, the costumes that people were wearing.
Speaker 4: A journalist from the Detroit News made the trip down started looking around as the people who were at the speech, and you know, there's one woman holding a Union Members for Trump placard and went up and was like, oh, so you're a union member, Like how what what made you support Trump? She was like, I'm not I'm not a union I'm not even remember there was another one who's holding a sign that said auto Workers for Trump, much much wider target to hit a lot of I mean, you're in Detroit, Like you just ask most people in Detroit are you an auto worker of one sort or another? And they'll probably be like, yeah, you know, or I have been so ask auto workers for Trump placard holder.
Speaker 3: Are you an autoworker?
Speaker 4: No, I'm actually not an autoworker.
Speaker 1: Fact, I'm just here.
Speaker 4: Yeah, people are asking, like, you know, that they're remembering his campaign his twenty fifteen campaign announcement where people looked around him were like, there's like all these signs are written in the same handwriting.
Speaker 3: What is going on?
Speaker 4: And they found out like they had put out a call to New York based Extra Mile Casting to to cast some background actors to appear at his campaign announcement.
Speaker 3: So I can't.
Speaker 1: Every time, sorry, when y'all talk about this man, I always think about Scooby.
Speaker 3: Doo, Like different man is literally that person, you.
Speaker 1: Know, like at the end when they unmasked them and it's like this is this not who? Like literally like these oh god, so many stupid antics.
Speaker 3: It is wild. I mean he's lucky though that like union membership isn't like ethnic or whatever, because like when he has blacks for Trump, like he's got to fuse this same five dudes every round, you know what I mean, because like you can't, just as much as he'd like to, I'm sure'd be like what about that lady there, she could wear blacks for Trump T shirt that like president, mister president, that is, she is not black. The idea she supports the idea, that's what's important. And then like yeah, you're lucky that they can just wave unions for Trump and yeah, then you just do a little asking like I'm here because they're giving out out back steakhouse coupons. So yeah, I don't know.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it's like, of course, the last actor Spiked appearance, you know, was when he was announcing his campaign, which ultimately successfully got him elected president.
Speaker 3: So who knows.
Speaker 4: It's just it's kind of weird that he's needing to bring in people who are lying about who they are at the height.
Speaker 3: Of you know, yeah, he's been around for a while, but it's all like his whole thing is right. It doesn't it doesn't have to pass the multiple levels of scrutiny from someone who is, you know, a bit cynical about what he stands for, because all he needs is a fucking image of signs being held that' say auto workers for Trump, Unions for Trump, and that's it. That's what gets pushed out. There will be no further inspection about like who these people are whatever. It's just there. It is. There's your moment. He's in Detroit two and he's got the backing of the unions and next grift please.
Speaker 4: Yeah, but it's not just Trump, like the whole Republican Party seems to be trying this on, at least in a way that just seems unnatural given their policies.
Speaker 3: All of their policies. They're on single one of their policies on Wax not giving a fuck about working people since the first album. And so yeah, remember the so there was the pro act right that that came out at the beginning of the Biden administration, the Protecting the Right to Organize Act, And this is a bill that would have negated state level right to work laws. And these right to work laws are specifically designed to dilute union power to like be like man collective bargaining. An't going to work because we've got these right to work laws and they're all done under the guise of like protecting the worker from being forced to join a union that's already not something you can do under federal law. So you know, miss us with all of that shit. But those laws are also the reason why auto jobs specifically too are migrating south of Michigan because they don't have any unionized plants there and that's why. So again this is where the Republican Party is at. So anyway, very pro worker, but that won't stop them from cosplaying as pro worker. So jd Vance has a you know, predictably said that you know, it's the union bosses that are the problem, just like Trump said, and Biden liking electric vehicles is also the issue here. Trump also said that at that rally that he was like, really worried that a boat that was powered by an electric motor would electrocute everybody if something were you have a battery and water. I don't want to be there at all. It's like, sure, man, that science, science isn't for all of us.
Speaker 4: That's not a sailboat plus magnets and how do they work?
Speaker 3: I don't get Wow, he just watched that fat, insane pose video. He's like, this is my whole policy for science. But so then he also had ship to say about the U A w you know, had Sean Fain, who was famously not mincing words when talking about people, especially Trump or even Biden. He's like, man, I don't He's like, I don't need Biden to send these people here. We're working this deal out. Or with Trump, he's like, man, what the fuck is he doings? This is bullshit, which made Vance very upset his His message to Sean Faine was quote, at the very least, just shut your mouth and take the support from wherever you can get it. Yes, it's actually coming from the workers anyway, the solidarity isn't there thing. But and again the support certainly isn't coming from the GOP. And let's also move on. I also do want to talk about white power. Macho man Senator Josh Holly. He literally has a zero percent score from the UNI, from the Auto Workers Union, okay, and his ass decided to trot out to a picket line and say some really vague shit like he really like the first thing fucking journalists there weren't gonna say it is like, bro, you have like a zero percent? The fuck are you doing here? This is Josh Holly, and you're you're not gonna be able to it. The volume's kind of low. But like the first thing that this journalist is bringing up is like, you have a zero percent rating from this union. And then he's gonna say, oh, I'm pro worker, just so you could in case you miss it, you know what he's saying here we go, yeahs as of August of last year. Yeah, oh you're probably a score. I'm pro worker, so freaking what the what the various organizations, how they rape me, doesn't matter. May stand with these Missurians if you're from Illinois, but will be for them to I want to stand with them if they're bold struggle to actually give a bad service. And that's said, we need to make things in this country, we need to keep all right. So I said I want to stand with them, they're bold struggle. Immediately pivots to some I'm like, we got to keep jobs in America thing. Because he had he couldn't really speak on what their fucking bold struggle was. But I love that he goes, look, it doesn't matter what their rating is of me, Well, it would indicates that you're actually hostile towards the aims of the organization.
Speaker 4: That's actually what organizations. Yea, it said that you are an enemy to their aims. Gave you explicitly a zero.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, it said. And that's hard to do, right, So any care to come I don't really care what them Yeah, that's just so wild to pivot off that. And you're like, no, this score, I actually you know, proves the option. Yeah whatever, go off man. So he's here for their bold struggle. But again, that was as believable as his tough guy act on January sixth, where he like threw up the fucking fist going into the Capitol and then was sprinting out of there. Yeah, they're hurt me. But then being like those are good men and women. It's like, okay, all right, jos, Yeah, yeah, take her easy, take her easy. She's my lady. And that that's what I son of them. No, that's me. Hey, that's one. No, that's one of the last things I said. Sorry to keep touching on that SNL bit. Sorry is the Rosetta Stone.
Speaker 4: You have to watch it if you are going to understand anything we do on this show.
Speaker 3: But yeah, while that was happening and Trump was talking about the horrors of electric motor boat electrocution, there was a GOP debate going on, Yeah, and Trump was just saying the way he was he's shady. He's like, he's like, oh, you mean, like the job candidates talk that they're doing, they're all trying to get the job. That was like his take on it while he was talking to the auto quote unquote autoworkers. But yeah, it was basically, I mean the debates have only made one thing clear, and that is Donald Trump is going to be the fucking nominee and no one is going to break through.
Speaker 4: Sorry, Court, this is like a nomination for if the Supreme Court comes through and does the right thing on the off chance, Like this is who we're left with.
Speaker 3: So, like it started, the whole thing started off fucking yanky. Okay, the host couldn't get even get their shit together. It started off with Stuart Varney getting completely travolted by the teleprompter when he had to read a non Anglo name, uh specifically Ilia Calderon from Univision. So I just this is this was the fucking you know what I mean?
Speaker 9: Mm hmmm this news channel Janel Parino and Ilia Colder.
Speaker 3: Univision. What let me hear that again? This isn't the Fox News commentator.
Speaker 4: Yeah, so we we do need to tell people because nobody knows who any of the candidates are because nobody's paying attention. But Stuart Varney is one of the moderators from Yes, these are the moderators, Dana Perno, Stuart Varney and like I said, from Univision, and this this is how he kicks it off.
Speaker 3: Nailed Dana Perino's name. I wonder why, but then just saying Ilia's name, here we go just one more time for you. This news channel, Dana Perino and I Univision is.
Speaker 1: Wow.
Speaker 4: I mean he did okay, but then he like, yeah, I feel like he put too much.
Speaker 3: He put too much called that universion. He used so much of his ram, so much of his computing power to get through the Ilia called their own part, that when it came to the next part, he was out of gas. Baby.
Speaker 4: His brain couldn't believe that his mouth had just said it correctly, right, yeah, just me.
Speaker 3: He's like, whoa did you hear that ship? That was what was happening in his brain.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I know, as he just melted down.
Speaker 3: Yeah, in his mind he was like Celia Cruz, he was like me after saying that name, He's like like like, He's like, it's me baby. Yeah, he thought he did that. So then it was just incoherent talking points mixed with these people just yelling over each other. This is just here. You want to hear some yelling over each other. Oh baby, I had to turn it off, put your nightcap on and listen. That's why I'm sparing everybody by just giving you some of the tidbits here here, here's so that's that's one thing that happened.
Speaker 4: Okay, So Nikki Haley and Tim Scott are yelling over each other while Ron DeSantis is trying to start talking towards the camera, and then Vivec is holding up his hand to be like, can I speak, you can speak. Here's just four people trying to talk.
Speaker 3: Yeah. Oh, and it gets worse, well maybe better. This is this is It just goes on. Here's more people yelling over each other, but with Ron DeSantis trying to say something, here's what you've done here. Interesting guys have said, here's the fact.
Speaker 1: And I appreciate a lot of the things they're saying.
Speaker 3: Lily one up here. I love that Mike was turned. Now he's like, here's the thing, right, nobody's trying to it's like rush yeah, yeah, just stupid. He did give us another one of the smiles though. The smile.
Speaker 4: He's having like some sort of neurological event.
Speaker 3: He's having, like he's probably like electrode, like anklet went off that reminds him to smile, and that's he's like, like they're like human ron Uh. Here's Nicky Haley just fucking taking his ship on Vi Ramaswami's whole TikTok presence.
Speaker 7: Social media asks that we could have and what you've got. Honestly, every time I hear you, I feel a little bit dumber for what you say because I can't believe they hear TikTok situation there.
Speaker 3: But she used that to pivot into like TikTok is Chinese and bad.
Speaker 4: Every time I hear you, I feel dumber.
Speaker 3: Is pretty good. Oh yeah, yeah, that's a good little body blow from her. And I think probably one of the worst moments came when Tim Scott just basically said that, you know, things like the Voting Rights Act and the Civil Rights Act were worse than slavery. Here's Tim Scott talking about Johnson's you know, Lyndon Johnson's Great Society Free. Here's the challenge.
Speaker 9: Though black families survived slavery, we survived poll texas and literacy tests, we survived discrimination being woven into the laws of our country. What was hard to survive was Johnson's Great Society, where they decided to put money, where they decided to take the black father out of the household to get a check in the mail, and you can now measure that in unemployment and crime and devastation if you want to resarve.
Speaker 4: Yeah, so does that argument he said they decided to take money.
Speaker 3: I think he's trying to say like things like you know, welfare and social safety nets. Essentially, all he's doing is he's saying a bunch of talking points to just really do the whole White supremacy isn't the problem?
Speaker 1: Yeah, I was like, it's very much giving he's on black people.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and I get that in his mind because he's surrounded by white supremacy and that's and and you know, embracing it is the only way that I'm sure he's been able to achieve the heights that he has on the in the on the right that he's like, oh yeah, this is great, this is doing something. But you know, all you're doing is just getting these like other racist people like nodding along with you, like it's not it's not scoring points. You look foolish selling your own people out like that and being like essentially be like what was bad was when civil rights were like enumerated into law. Come on, Tim Scott, And there was one last moment, I don't. I gotta see if I can find this clip. Basically, Dana Perino treated it like like survivor and said, which of these people would you vote off the island? Because right now, the way she framed it was, if all of you stay in the race, Donald Trump absolutely gets the nomination. So thinking about that, are there any people that you think should drop out? And maybe you get voted off the island? Everybody, I want you to write the name down of who you think should be voted off the island tonight and was like yeah, Nikki Haley was like wait are you and she like really proposing this ship. So yeah, all around, all around, uh nonsense.
Speaker 4: The overall response from Republican donors seem to have been panicked and they're now being like, Glenn Youngkin, you're not currently in the race, maybe you could do something.
Speaker 3: So they're gonna ask.
Speaker 4: The Virginia guy to like come into the race, and because that's what they need. More people who don't have like any sort of a.
Speaker 3: More more things that are as interesting as watching like ice cream melt on a sidewalk kind of people. Yeah, but they're do it so well. But yeah, like a lot of the donors, like what do we do? Like, what's what's the deal now? It's like, I don't know, y'all. This is this is what happens when you let just Trump completely take over your party. You have no party. You just have Trump now, and until like you the plurality of them, you know, come around to being like I don't give a fuck what happens, Like we just have to fucking get this guy out. It's good luck. You're gonna have more of this shit.
Speaker 4: Yeah, all right, let's take a quick break and uh come back and talk about drugs.
Speaker 13: Yeah, and we're back, and there is somehow still a thing.
Speaker 4: Having been born in nineteen eighty and like lived in like all my early memories are in a decade where it was just your brain on drugs, Like just this, we straightforward just say no to drugs. I thought drugs were a thing people were going to make me do, like force into right red stream when I got to high school.
Speaker 3: Well that's only Seattle, Jack. If you drive through Seattle, that will happen to you. That will happen.
Speaker 4: They will force it actually through your car.
Speaker 1: They have through your car window.
Speaker 4: Yeah, well you can't. You have to have your windows up. Come on, they're they're gonna blow heroin into you, and you you have to have the air recycling in your air in your car you heroin gets in.
Speaker 3: But so I I think we assumed that the DARE program went away most of us right until I saw I saw some people outside of a best Buy, like best Buy. Yeah did you see that? What you saw their people outside of best Buy?
Speaker 1: Yeah? It was the best Boy. Yeah, there people stand outside of the best spot. I don't know if they have like like there's a contract, but they will. Yeah, but that's where I saw their people too.
Speaker 3: I've seen their people outside two Best Buys before with like kind it get you to sign something, And all I said was like, y'all are what the fuck? I was like, noah, man, I'm here for I'm here from a mouse pad. Now leave me the fuck alone.
Speaker 4: So yeah, yeah, I mean there there's obviously an epidemic of overdose deaths. Like the thing that Pee Herman was saying in that ps A that we listened to up top is that was not true of crack. Like Crack didn't have like a epidemic of ods, I don't think, but it did. Like that that is happening with fentanyl like ventyl is causing a massive spike and overdoses like and you don't know if there's too much and people like that. Does seem to be like the thing that they told us about drugs in the eighties has absolutely come true.
Speaker 3: It's called manifesting. Yeah it might be, but one will happen and we will go fucking hog wild over this ship.
Speaker 4: Yes, so they've decided, Okay, this is real, no more fucking around. Let's go back to that idea that was proven to not work and was just a way to get money, to funnel money to cops, right essentially. Yeah, So the DARE program is being brought back to several school districts following a prolonged absence, this time with a specific focus on fentanyl. Doesn't seem like they've learned anything from the first time, Like that the thing that people say was wrong with the DARE program in the first place, First of all, that it was cops, cops going into classrooms, Yep, yeah that part. Second of all, they were doing it too early, they were targeting kids who weren't really they're trying to like get it in kids' brains before, like drugs were a real thing to them.
Speaker 3: It's just like it. That's why it didn't work for me.
Speaker 1: My drug was power Rangers at it right, Like I have no idea what a crack pipe is, you.
Speaker 3: Know, yeah, totally or like I knew it from a movie, but like other than that, I was like, yeah, I mean I've seen seen New Jack City, but that's not that's not how I live. So yeah, because I think what I think. I was in fifth grade.
Speaker 1: Yeah, same, I was probably in like fourth or fifth grade when they started pushing there down my throat.
Speaker 3: And I just remember being like, this is, if anything, you're educating me on how like how drugs are. Yeah, that's all that was. That was like my first real conversation about drugs, where like the cop brought drugs into the classroom and we pasted it around.
Speaker 4: Let's smell that pipe. That's the worst smell you're ever gonna smell.
Speaker 3: I remember saying that. I was like, that smells good.
Speaker 1: Actually for failure, but yeah, yeah it was.
Speaker 4: I didn't realize it was created by uh the l A p D. Chief of Police Area Gate Baby, who his thoughts on recreational drug users is that they should be taken out and shot. So well, okay, so very like humane approach to Yeah drug it.
Speaker 3: Was Dote before do Terte.
Speaker 4: Yeah, Tarte got his ship from Darrel, the Johnny apple seed of the DARE program. But at its height, DARE was being taught at a whopping seventy five percent of schools. By nineteen ninety eight, it was reportedly costing taxpayers six hundred million dollars a years. Yeah, and the presentations were just full of racist dog whistles, or just not dog whistles, just racism, like pointing to the broken black family as the source of the drug crisis.
Speaker 3: It's going to a ptominly white school. Have the os be like, Miles, you know about that?
Speaker 1: Yeah? Yeah, does your parents your family?
Speaker 3: Yeah, You're like, I have no idea what this is. I would see your mom picking you up right, Yeah.
Speaker 1: Whish dad, You're like, man, get out of my line. But the thing that always bugged me about DARE was like, it's like the gum theory. I don't know if you all are familiar what I call it. The gum theory. It may not be real, but I think about it. It's like when you tell some like when you tell kids to not chew gum in school. They're gonna chew gum because you're telling.
Speaker 4: Them underground gum racket.
Speaker 1: Yeah, there was a whole Like I was the girl that was bringing the gum to school to give to everybody, Like what are you so like? DARE was always like, it was so dumb to me because I'm going, you're telling kids not to quote unquote do something, and all you're doing is you're just picking their interest. But yes, it was very much riddled in anti blackness, and that is something that I've always had an issue with when it comes to this program.
Speaker 4: Yeah, you're paying the least cool, least trustworthy people in your community to come into school and talk to the k the part of your community that most despises them.
Speaker 3: Right, and the drugs on people.
Speaker 1: They put drugs on people, So how are you going to tell me? Yeah, I don't know. I've always had issues with DARE. I've always had issues with the police. But I will say very openly that I think DARE is just a way to make black people look worse than what the world already does.
Speaker 3: So yeah, just yeah, reinforce like the police perspective or what drug use even to Yeah, it's it's black people mostly, and then also like getting kids like snitch on their parents and shit like that. They had I remember them.
Speaker 4: Having a box that you put a non air notes into the DARE box and then at the end of the class, the DARE officer would read the questions and this was just a thing that smartasses used to like make them read stupid shit. But yeah, apparently it ended like that that DARE box resulted in children like knarking on their parents and being removed from their own homes by social services because they revealed that their parents were taking drugs aka smoking a little bit of pot. So really cool problem solving there, creating fucking just situations.
Speaker 3: But like to doctor John's point, like it it's like verifiable that DARE did fuck all to prevent kids from using drugs, right.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, yeah, the stats are officially in and it either had no effect or made children slightly more likely to use drugs and alcohol at an early age.
Speaker 3: I'm I'm telling you it did because I legitimately wanted to smoke PCP. Yeah, he said, I'm not joking. I'm hearing my best friend. I know, but this is my fucking tanel, like my loven year old brain right. First of all, the first thing we always ask him at the top of every day class was can we hold your gun?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 3: He never and he was like, no, there's no way, but we asked it every time. He's like, you guys have to stop asking well, could you pull it out and show us the bullets? No, he's like, we have to get going. He's like what is that? And then like we have kids who like new guns, and he would always get annoyed. But so he's talked about this, like so we're gonna talk about PCP, Angel dos shit like that. I got this exact same speech. That's crazy. He said. He went to a call at a jack in the box where a guy had just beamed up, smoked some PCP and was fighting the police there and they had they needed back up. He said. When he got there, this guy who smoked PCP lifted a fucking dumpster about the.
Speaker 1: I remember that story.
Speaker 6: And threw it at a cop car and me and my friends were all like shit, We were like, yes, are you yeah, We're like, how does it give you the how does it give you strength?
Speaker 3: He's like, I'm not sure. It's like the drugs, the drugs duty. It's like but then like we're like, what is it like your muscles, like could you work like I remember asking shit, like if you worked out on PCP, would you keep that strength? And he was so again irritated by my curiosity around PCP induced superhuman strength. But yeah, he just got mad. He's like, God, this is not a cool thing. And and it's funny that everybody, I guess someone everybody heard this version of PCP gives you superhuman strength, to the point where, like YouTube came out. I was I was scouring YouTube for footage of somebody on PCP with that kind of strength. Never found it, And I was like, this was this cop lying to me and he was, oh, oh mm hmm, you believe that shit? Yes, cop life.
Speaker 4: And so as the stats are coming out, the DARE program is doing their own research, you know, and they're like, all right, well, we're gonna get the DOJ to fund this study to see what the like, what actually happened, what's actually going on here?
Speaker 3: Right?
Speaker 4: And a month later, for the first time in memory, the DOJ refused to publish a study it had funded for the first time ever wow, because it found that the DARE program was useless and was taking money away from programs that actually worked. Behind the scenes, DARE went ballistic and they just kept saying this one like every time they get they get attacked. The DARE program is like criticizing DAAR is like kicking your mother or saying that apple pie doesn't taste good.
Speaker 3: And then like a.
Speaker 4: Decade later they were criticized or like proven to be fraudulent again, and their response was, it's like kicking Santa Claus. To me, we're as pure as the driven snow, so like where as pure as the Colombian cocaine we put in front of children there your weekend Columbian flake.
Speaker 1: I just want to know where the money went, Like there was a lot of money that was being moved in the nineties around there, and I'm just oh.
Speaker 3: To know where it went, right right right two corrupt cops. I'm wondering about where where Like did it go into some like bene benevolent police fund? I wonder or it was just like if you got that DARE gig, They're like, oh shit, man, you're off street street the street beat. Oh you're just doing fucking DARE classes. Oh that's right right there. They were.
Speaker 4: They were confiscating luxury cars like Porsches and BMW's and turning them into Dair vehicles, like with a Dare decal on it that they got to drive around. They were like, well, it becomes pretty apparent who's winning here, though, you know what I'm saying, right, And then the kid's like, wow, the police department buys you guys cars like, no, we can't afford that. Drug dealers get rich enough to buy cars like this, And then you're like.
Speaker 3: Oh, okay, that's the wave. Yeah.
Speaker 1: In reality, they were doing the same exact thing that drug dealers were doing. They were selling you something. It's yeah, it's ridiculous.
Speaker 4: But amazingly, Dare still used as the Dare box, Like they still really have the write down questions for cops, folks. It's anonymous, purely anonymous psych We're actually gonna investigate your parents if you say that what any of these things are?
Speaker 3: Right? That, uh, that's smell familiar to you?
Speaker 4: Oh yeah, and where to Like I could totally see being like, oh, yeah, I know I know what that smells. That's weed, and then being.
Speaker 3: Like, well, yeah, how do you know that?
Speaker 4: Uh?
Speaker 3: I my parents?
Speaker 4: Yeah, just fucking panicking and throwing your parents under the bus.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I don't know. I don't know. I was at a reggae festival recently. That's why I know. Next question, no questions. I need a lawyer offer for the questions. You're honored.
Speaker 4: Yeah, all right, well, doctor John Higgins. Such a pleasure as always having you on the daily's eye. Yeah, where can people find you? Follow you, hear you, all that good stuff you.
Speaker 1: Live, that's right, all of the things so you can see me. I've been getting this question a lot, so a lot of people. I'll say this and then I'll say what I'm gonna say. A lot of people come up to me and they go, I know you, and I go, no, you don't. You think you know me, but you do not know me. What you do know me is from Netflix. I have been on a Netflix show. So if you want to watch my episode of neild It, it is season five, episode four. I get this thing a lot a lot of people think that they know me, and I'm like, hey, you know it was Netflix. It was nild It. So there's that for folks who want to go do that. But otherwise you can find me online at doctor John Paul D O C T O R J O N P A U L. And then you can also go to my website at ww dot doctor John Paul dot com. I'm doing a lot of advocacy work, especially media advocacy, around what's happening to a lot of our queer youth. I don't know if anyone knows, but queer youth are being targeted, they are being specifically trans kids are being targeted. There are a lot of different policies that are going into order about basically them being outed, and so I just wanted to make sure that folks know that I'm doing the work around that. And then also you can find me at Black Fat Fem Pod where we're talking a lot about how to protect how to protect specifically black trans queer youth. You can find me over on the iHeart Network. And then yeah, October eleventh, it is coming National Coming Out Day. It's going to be me, Trevelle Anderson, shar Jassell, and Xavier Dello from the XD podcast. So come check us out. We're at the Allegian Theater. Tickets are selling quickly, so buy your ticket. They're only fifteen dwellers. Yeah, and then other than that, that's that's where and.
Speaker 3: That's in La for La people. If if you're in the surrounding area, that is for the La Soa cal folks. Yeah, make sure you get your tickets. Yeah, amazing.
Speaker 4: Is there a work of media that you've been enjoying besides YOURX episode nailed it?
Speaker 13: Yeah?
Speaker 1: I think a work of media that I have been enjoying. I've just been enjoying kind of watching entertainment implode. So I'm I'm I've been watching a lot of Twitter people basically going off about what's happening around the you know, SAG and the WGA, and so yeah, I think the funniest tweet that I have found there was a woman who had tweeted something and had said that she's excited to see Bob Iger in a couple of weeks in a meeting, And that tickled me, like she was just really excited to see him because obviously they won what they were asking for and Bob Iger was a big issue with that. So but yeah, just watching people talk shit about SAG and WGA on Twitter, that has been my thing.
Speaker 4: There you go, Miles, We're here, we'll find you. Is there a workingmedia you've been enjoying.
Speaker 3: Find me on the internet at Miles of Gray. If you want to hear more of this booming voice and Jack's you could check out Miles and Jack got.
Speaker 4: Mad and want to hear voice ask us to remove a Stalin joke from this week's episode, So yeah, you got over there, you know, just check it out.
Speaker 3: Basically, hey, if you know anything about us, we like to pull up from the logo, you know, and see what happens all the time, every week, week in and week out. But also checking out on four to twenty Day Fiance with Sophie Alexander or I Talk ninety Day Fiance and The Good Thief all episode all eight episodes are out, so check that out. A thing I like is I found the tweet or the video of Data Perino at the debate telling everybody to pretend this is survivor I'm just gonna play this for you because it is. It's absurd and at the end of the day, like all of the candidates are like they for some reason, they're like this is too far for us. Backing Donald Trump, fine, but asking us to write on a notepad who we dislike the mouse We're not going to do it. But here's Dana Prino actually saying this out loud to candidates at a fucking debate.
Speaker 14: But we do only have a few minutes, and candidates, it's now obvious that if you all stay in the race, former President Donald Trump wins the nomination. None of you have indicated that you're dropping out. So which one of you on stage tonight should be voted off the island? Please use your marker to write your choice on the no pad in front of you. Fifteen seconds starting out of the people on the stage.
Speaker 3: As she was, and they're like, nah, fuck that they wouldn't. No, they wouldn't. It was a bridge too far for them. Somehow. I would have just loved to see them.
Speaker 4: They're still trying to pretend they're serious people.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, yeah. Bergram would have been the easy choice. Nobody's you know, nobody's standing up for him, right.
Speaker 4: Amazing some tweets I've been enjoying. Emily Murname tweeted, Babe, what's wrong You've barely chugged your ego brunch and a jar Appalachian sip and cream with a photograph of a product that is not photoshopped as far as I can tell, and the responses people are like.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I saw the on the shelf that like, it's a real store.
Speaker 4: Ego brunching a jar, waffles and syrup cream.
Speaker 3: Lick her, lick her.
Speaker 4: Wait, this is real, This is realilation sipping cream.
Speaker 3: What the fuck? Waffles and syrup cream liqueur. Oh man, Just when I thought I couldn't get any lower miles. You have to do it for the people. I'm I'm on my way. I'm on my way. Say less spam, because man, we're getting mashed on Ego brunching a jaw, appellation sipping cream in it. Oh man, I'm going wild with this one. You said it's a Bevemo.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you can get it at Bemo.
Speaker 3: God, this is so bad. But I'm literally gonna leave right now and go get that ship because it's it's wow. I don't even to say.
Speaker 4: The product alone, mixed with the fact that it is liquor exclusively designed to be drunk with breakfast is so good. Like that just a level of just full blown knowing, just giving up give up juice, you know, give up juice.
Speaker 3: Yeah, let me get some give up juice. Can I get some of that give up juice real quick? You absolutely can?
Speaker 4: And then at Warm Underscore Hole tweeted your baby is crying because it wants a cigarette, and that's.
Speaker 3: Just important to remember.
Speaker 4: You can find me on Twitter at Jack Underscore O'Brien, you can find us on Twitter at Daily Zeikegeist. We're at the Daily Zeitgeist on Instagram, we have Facebook fan page and our website Daily zeitgeist dot com where we post our episodes and our footnotes. We'll make off to the information that we talked about in today's episode, as well as a song that we think you might enjoy.
Speaker 3: Miles, what is the song that you think people might enjoy? I'm first of all, I found like the official website of this thing, and they have some of the most disgusting recipes to use this ego brunch in the jar to make cocktails. There's one that's like you need fernet to make I don't know this is this is too much appalation.
Speaker 4: Sip and Cream suggests a like a legacy, that this is like a tradition unlike any other appllation.
Speaker 3: Sipping cream. Yeah, apparently it's this like this place like sugar, this like distillery makes like they make their own unbranded appellation. Sip and Cream so yeah, I appreciate it. They got butter pecan, they got dark chocolate coffee, they got eggnog, they got eggo dog. This is okay. I found a new thing to be completely uh intrigued by. Let's see some music though. Here's some music I'm actually intrigued by. This is the artist a kofa Acusa A k o f A A k o U s s a h. She is I believe from Togo and does like what people describe as kind of like African folk luric funk. This is an artist was like had their heyday like in the seventies. And this track is called Ki Mumbo k i m U m b u and there's just like some great guitar playing. Her voice is fucking dope, uh and just some I just like, I just like that combination of African folk lauric funk. And this is it. So check this one out. Kimombo by aka Akusa. All right, well, The Daily Zei Guys is a production by Heart Radio.
Speaker 4: For more podcasts from my heart Radio, visit the heart Radio app, Apple podcast, or wherever you listen to your favorite shows.
Speaker 3: That is gonna do it for us.
Speaker 4: This week we are back over the weekend.
Speaker 3: With the weekly Zustreika.
Speaker 4: Yeah you know some of the highlights and Casey missed him from this week's episodes. And then on Monday to kick off a whole new week with a trending episode Monday late morning, early afternoon, tell you what what you missed over the weekend?
Speaker 3: What's a trend in Miles? And I tell you what we think is overrated? And oh yeah, and maybe I go brunch and a jar might make it, might be we might.
Speaker 4: Have some product reviews, folks.
Speaker 3: All right, we will talk to you all that reaching my body in preparation that even sip. It's so weird it's like giving me a reaction. All right, later, y'all. Bye,