Speaker 1: You don't know me our confession, I can't take back all arms speak.
Speaker 2: I've got a text to seven eighty five ninety two that says, my wife doesn't know that. Our three kids are secretly named after street fighter characters. This is and Lee and Blanca. It's funny.
Speaker 3: It's actually kind of cute.
Speaker 2: Day Yeah, Brooks kids, Alder and Nora are named after a tree and fictional serial killer Norman Bates.
Speaker 4: It's very cute.
Speaker 2: Yeah, isn't that fun? Nora? So we all have our secrets and you can let them out here anonymously and guilt free. Right here on the mass speaker, We've got a woman ready to come clean about her life. She wants to go by Lauren today. Lauren, welcome to the show.
Speaker 3: High you sound like Lorem Bates. No, okay, trying to.
Speaker 4: Else.
Speaker 2: We're ready to hear you voice changers on. You're the mass speaker. Whenever you're ready, let's hear your confession.
Speaker 1: Well, I used to have this coworker apprentice.
Speaker 3: Who apprentice was the name or they were an apprentice.
Speaker 1: No, his name is Prentice, and he was actually as pretentious as his name.
Speaker 3: I like how she's masking her identity. But it's totally old coworkers.
Speaker 4: His name is spelled p r E.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Here's his address, by the way, So I take it we.
Speaker 3: Don't like him.
Speaker 1: No, he was hired from our office and I inherited this job. He actually trained to be on it. Okay, it's performance metrics. I don't know if you know what that is.
Speaker 3: It's something that the show doesn't do well when they.
Speaker 1: Could.
Speaker 2: You summarize it in like terms.
Speaker 1: Essentially, it's like taking data for the company and turning it into reports.
Speaker 5: Okay, oh okay, sounds exciting.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I'm trying to be positive.
Speaker 2: You're God bless you yea.
Speaker 1: And for doing that, well, somebody has to. So he created this technique and he was really precise about how I needed to do it, and he was really snooty about the whole thing. It took about ten hours a day for him to do these reports. Oh my god, didn't handle it.
Speaker 2: He didn't think you could handle it. No, he told you that.
Speaker 5: Yeah, oh oh, well, I wouldn't want to handle ten hours a day either.
Speaker 3: I mean that's awful. Sounds like you're not doing a good job there. Yeah, if he could come up with a better technique.
Speaker 1: So when he left, I figured out a way to automate it down to an hour.
Speaker 3: Oh way, oh man.
Speaker 4: Hold on, you found some productivity.
Speaker 3: Older people always are doing the slow way. Yeah, so she was. He was writing it down on paper and I opened Excel.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 3: I mean a good Excel formulas can save you like so much.
Speaker 4: Time if you think about it. This guy robbed the company then every day.
Speaker 3: And how he thought it was supposed to be done, but it could have been.
Speaker 2: Done four hours and you were able to do it in one hour a day.
Speaker 1: Well. I also then figured out a way to get it down to a minute with a ten minute quality check.
Speaker 3: What what so you're doing eleven minutes of work?
Speaker 1: Yeah, and my boss thinks I'm doing ten hours. And I just like search the internet.
Speaker 4: Way way, you're robbing the company.
Speaker 2: That's all that you do?
Speaker 1: Yep?
Speaker 2: Oh, I thought she was like, Please tell the guy got in trouble.
Speaker 4: I told them, no, this is about you. You are still using this.
Speaker 5: Please tell me you work from home and you're not sitting in an office for.
Speaker 3: Ten hours to me, because I don't know that it's worth it.
Speaker 1: I do work from home.
Speaker 2: Get away with So your boss thinks that you're doing forty fifty hour grueling work weeks, like assembling these reports, and it really just takes you a minute a day.
Speaker 1: Yep, Oh my god.
Speaker 5: Man, Jeous, So you are a productivity manager. It sounds like you're good at productivity. You want to come over here and work some of our systems?
Speaker 1: Yeah yeah, I mean I'd be happy to spend.
Speaker 2: The time, clearly, Yeah, get in Wow.
Speaker 3: That do you feel guilty? Ever?
Speaker 4: No, they don't notice. So if it's a corporation, they have a certain budget a.
Speaker 5: Lot of because like, no, it's an old family organization that there's only three other employees, but it is a big corporation, right that you work for a pretty.
Speaker 1: Big company, and the medium sire it's like.
Speaker 4: Okay, okay, so it's not like a tiny mom and pop.
Speaker 1: Okay, we don't feel bad. Man.
Speaker 2: I thought Prentice is listening to this, just hating himself right now.
Speaker 1: Yeah to me, thinking that I couldn't even do the job that he hired before. And I kind of hope he's into this. I mean, I hope he realized that he's been wasting his life.
Speaker 4: Sudernadian. You turned his whole career into like a ten minute.
Speaker 5: Yeah, he's like, so, little lady, this is a computer.
Speaker 3: It may be too much for your brain to handle.
Speaker 4: I know it's not power, but this symbol does mean power.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean that's what you got right.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, we got another Tex seven eighty five nine too. That says. When I was a kid, I passed gas into a little box over and over for a full year. Before long the box was successfully weaponized and ready for deployment. So whenever my older brother was mean to me, I'd steal his Oakley sunglasses, put them in the box to marinate overnight, and then I'd quietly return that you need help. That's what happens when you have too much free time.
Speaker 4: Just I don't even.
Speaker 3: Want to know if please can soak that up or not. It's just wrong.
Speaker 4: Normal brother and crops.
Speaker 2: Yeah, keep your text coming in seven eighty five nine two. If you have a confession you've been holding on to, we can hide your identity, mask your voice, and make you the next mass speaker. We got your phone tap coming up.
Speaker 3: Brooke and Jeffrey in the morning,