Speaker 1: We're already short on time, so we got to skip right to our fast hitting segment.
Speaker 2: Are there headlines.
Speaker 1: And only headlines where we just read the headline and give zero extra details about it? So first, a Mexican mother bravely shields her son as bear leaps on the picnic table to devour tacos and enchiladas. Oh to believe the bear may have been Brooke dressed in a grizzly costume.
Speaker 3: I do love anchiladas, that kid, didn't you? Yeah, I mean sauce.
Speaker 4: Investigation continues.
Speaker 1: What else is happening in the world? Applebee's infamous dollarita is back on the menu. It's a dollar margarita and it tastes like it too.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that sounds like a head a taste like coins.
Speaker 1: Meanwhile, a retirement community couple discovers a thief in their home Saturday after the husband told a joke and heard a laugh from upstairs.
Speaker 3: The thief is martial.
Speaker 5: The dad jokes apparently, I'm constantly yelling jokes for myself.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you would be the worst crook.
Speaker 1: Finally, in Animal News, Polly the anxious goat is only calm when she wears her duck costume.
Speaker 4: Pictures to show everybody.
Speaker 5: Oh, it's a fuzzy duck costume too, it looks like something that toddler would wear.
Speaker 1: How many costumes did it take for them to figure that out? But she's still anxious. Try the Darth Vader one, get out the Bumblebee outfit.
Speaker 4: Don't be cute too, still tense. Try the Missus Doubtfire costume.
Speaker 1: Animals dresses other animals is like my favorite thing on Hell.
Speaker 3: I know it's not as fun as humans dresses other humans.
Speaker 1: Those are your headlines and only headlines for the day. We're gonna move on to the shock collar questions and send it over to an anxious goat who's dressed up as our digital director Jake.
Speaker 4: Go ahead, goat, und eat the paper.
Speaker 6: Most people associate the month of October with pumpkin spice coffees and giant piles of Halloween andy.
Speaker 2: That Brooks stole from our own children.
Speaker 6: But there's something even sweeter to celebrate because it's National Cookie Month.
Speaker 3: All the sweet, So put.
Speaker 6: On your stretchy pants because we're gonna go around the room for a special sugar tipped chocolate dipped Pour yourself a glass of mood.
Speaker 2: Jude to dunk with and take a sip one and done. Shut colored. Question of the day, all right, we'll begin with Alexis.
Speaker 6: Alexis, the cookies that the Cookie Monster enjoys on Sesame Street are actually a different food that's painted to look like cookies. Is it a crispy tortillas? B rice cakes or c brooks leftover overcooked blue muld Burger patties from our morning show hangout last summer and they're so fresh because it's blue cheese.
Speaker 4: Somebody's gotta eat those.
Speaker 3: Cooked perfectly rice cakes. I feel like they would make a good crunch sound. They're the right shape.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I feel like would like crumble like you take a bite and then it kind of off.
Speaker 3: I mean, I guess they do fall when he eats some.
Speaker 1: But the Cookie Monster is Hispanic too, so you should keep that explain.
Speaker 5: I mean, we always think of tortilla chips in the triangle shapes, but if it's a whole tortilla like it like you get a tasta just so.
Speaker 3: Thin, Like it just seems too thin to be painted as a cookie.
Speaker 4: What do you think I'm going to go?
Speaker 3: Rice cakes?
Speaker 2: Alexis went with rice cakes. That is we're moving on to Jose.
Speaker 3: Monster was healthy this entire time.
Speaker 4: It's so laying.
Speaker 2: Yeah, healthy and Hispanic Jose.
Speaker 6: Famous Amos cookies were created by the original founder, Wally Amos in the nineteen seventies, before he turned them into a national brand. At first, Wallly used his cookies as a strategy to do what huh was it a avoid paying rent to his landlord? What blore people into his timeshare presentations? Or c convinced stars to sign up for his talent agency.
Speaker 5: Oh man, Wow, maybe that's why it's famous Amos because he was with the celebrities.
Speaker 4: Maybe he was like a socialize.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Maybe it wasn't his cookies that were famous, it was.
Speaker 1: His Or maybe he was famously scamming people out of thousands of dollars to sign them up.
Speaker 2: For time ships.
Speaker 5: Like they just couldn't resist the presentation because the song.
Speaker 2: I could see that.
Speaker 1: But the famous part he's famous for something.
Speaker 2: Maybe that's what it was.
Speaker 6: That's if you made the subject you're brilliant. Well you're brilliant no matter what, I'm gonna go with convincing stars to sign up for his talent agency.
Speaker 2: Jose went with talent agency.
Speaker 4: That is Yeah, that's why I.
Speaker 3: Need a new agent. I want one that has cookies.
Speaker 6: And all the Amos was originally a talent agent in the nineteen seventies and sent his cookies to convince stars like Simon and Garfunkle and Diana Ross to sign with his agency, and his French eventually convinced him to start a cookie company.
Speaker 2: Now we're back to Brook, Okay Brook.
Speaker 6: Each year around two hundred million Girl Scout cookies are sold, and by far thin mints are the number one top seller. But which cookie is number two? It's an a tag alongs B samoas or c butter me up little volcanoes of corn syrup.
Speaker 5: Well, I actually know that that last one is not a cookie.
Speaker 3: Okay, that's not a cookie.
Speaker 4: She knows too much, jac I.
Speaker 5: Literally all I want when the Girl Scout cookies come out is the Samoa's.
Speaker 3: Like I try the new ones and I and I.
Speaker 5: Love the new flavors that they got, but like, there is nothing that beats that one to me.
Speaker 2: Not everybody likes coconut.
Speaker 1: It doesn't bother you that the government puts microchips and all of the all the cookies to spy on us while we eat them.
Speaker 5: No really, you're so cute.
Speaker 4: Let your stomach be tapped by the government.
Speaker 3: That's Government's like, whoa Brook? What you putting in here? Yes, I'm gonna go with the samoas.
Speaker 2: Brook went with samoas.
Speaker 6: That is yea Samoa's is number two, third is tag alongs and four is dosy does Oh and that microchip thing is true? Yeah, program called Big Brothers and Little Sisters. Jeffrey, it's your turn back. In medieval Europe, a certain cookie was a favorite treat at festivals and fairs. By fifteen ninety eight, it was popular enough to be mentioned in a Shakespeare play. Oh was it a gingerbread? B macaroons or c cherry cola double stuff oreos?
Speaker 1: I don't think they had double stuff oreos yet. I think they were still doing just the single layers.
Speaker 3: Of oreos double stuffed.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'm going between gingerbread or macaroons. Macaroons seem like such a classy cookie.
Speaker 4: French cookies. The French would definitely eat them at like high Court.
Speaker 5: I feel like gingerbread is like classics, not very sweet, and that's what they liked, you know, Like they were like a tiny bit of sugar and they're like this is amazing.
Speaker 6: And gingerbread and gingerbread houses have been around since.
Speaker 1: It's like the poor person's cookie back in the medieval times, like the common folks would eat it, and so that maybe that's why it would appeal to a Shakespeare play all like the people in the crowd be like, ooh, gingerbread gross, but I love it cookie.
Speaker 4: Let me go with gingerbread as the answer.
Speaker 6: Jeffrey went with gingerbread, and the quote reads, and I have but one penny in the world, thou shouldest have it to buy gingerbread?
Speaker 4: Did we all get our answers right?
Speaker 3: We know our cookie cookie royalty.
Speaker 1: We know our cookies, so we're safe from the shock. Instead, digital Jake is going to be singing Irreplaceable by Beyonce.
Speaker 3: Bring it, Jake, to the left, to the left, everything you're wrong in our box, to the left, in the closet, and that's my stuff you sip about it, please.
Speaker 4: Don't What a treat for us and the listeners.
Speaker 2: That was your shock.
Speaker 4: My question of the day. We got your phonesapp coming up in just a few minutes.
Speaker 3: Brook and Jeffrey in the morning