Speaker 1: Way up.
Speaker 2: Wait, Like why you guys really are like the hip hop, early morning and late night talk hill.
Speaker 3: Heapless Club is the most powerful popular urban radio show.
Speaker 4: Maybe from the Black Mothership in New York City. It's DJ Yemby and Charlamagne to God.
Speaker 2: It's different, you know what I'm saying, Like, y'all know what y'all talking about.
Speaker 5: Thanks to y'all be Black five.
Speaker 1: I love y'all. Collectively known as Breakfast Club.
Speaker 6: So I'm always nervous when I do the Breakfast Club because sometimes you say.
Speaker 7: Stuff and it's just gonna get you.
Speaker 1: Everybody. What Good morning, usc yo.
Speaker 4: Yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo.
Speaker 1: Yo yo, Charlomagne, the gap peas to the planet.
Speaker 2: Guess what day it is? Guess what day it is home?
Speaker 1: That's right, It's Wednesday, Honk David Little Week, Good morning.
Speaker 8: Man, good morning. Sorry we had to leave you. Uh you know, yesterday didn't even give the listeners no notice that we wasn't gonna be here, That's right. But we had to take a little work trip to Atlanta because yesterday was the taping of the BT Hip Hop Awards. As y'all know, we come on BET every morning. You're watching us right now, yes right, okay, well not right now, but you will be at ye yes time. And so we had to go down to Atlanta for the BT Hip Hop Awards because we were supposed to present an award, correct, but we ended up not presenting in the wards we was supposed to was supposed to, but we ended up not presenting an award because we had a hard out to catch our flights back.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and I.
Speaker 8: Think I think I think MV be thinking I'm playing when I say I'm leaving.
Speaker 1: Okay, I don't think. I don't think you'd be playing.
Speaker 8: Yeah, So things were running behind, and we had a flight and we had a flight to catch yep Son.
Speaker 2: We were supposed to start at seven, started around thirty something. Yeah, so they were.
Speaker 8: Still an act one by the time seven forty seven came and we were like we four for here act for So we left, well I left first, yeah, and then then we text me and said, hey, they say they about to push your I.
Speaker 1: Tried to get charlam Mane to come back. I'm like they right here.
Speaker 2: I know that I've been doing this a long time.
Speaker 1: Charlam said, Enjoy.
Speaker 2: Enjoy. I know what that meant.
Speaker 1: Enjoy that, man, I meet you at the airport.
Speaker 9: Enjoy.
Speaker 8: But I will say though, you know, I don't think it was a waste of time. And the reason I don't think it was a waste of time because, you know whatever, you get to go outside and remind yourself why you don't go outside, number one, but also, you know, just to get to shake the hands of a lot of people.
Speaker 2: I saw a lot of people yesterday, you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 8: So a lot of people, you know, at the airport, saw a lot of people at the awards. Saw some old friends at the awards, you know, like Duval. I didn't know little Duval was gonna be there. No saw my girl, pretty V saw the baby, saw some people, saw some folks we ain't.
Speaker 9: Seen, you know.
Speaker 1: Yeah, unlike you, I go out, Yeah you see, so I see those people.
Speaker 2: I don't. I mean, I mean, I see ball in because of my actual friends.
Speaker 1: But I didn't need to.
Speaker 2: I get it.
Speaker 1: Go there for that, I understand, Yeah, I understand. I was a little disturbing, but you know, it is what it is.
Speaker 8: Listen, sometimes you gotta go outside to remind yourself while you don't go outside.
Speaker 2: That's all.
Speaker 1: That's facts.
Speaker 2: What BT Hip Hop Awards be next Tuesday?
Speaker 10: Not?
Speaker 1: I think it is Sunday, right, I think it is this weekend.
Speaker 2: The tenth was the tenth.
Speaker 1: I think it is this weekend.
Speaker 8: Whatever the tenth is. I know it's October tenth, ten ten ten ten. I think it is ten ten.
Speaker 11: This weekend.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, no, you're right. Next Tuesday, Next Tuesday.
Speaker 8: Tuesday, yeah, ten tenth you sure, man, I don't know. I just know what the tenth b t about. Wars twenty twenty three.
Speaker 1: Let me look it up. Let me look at it up.
Speaker 9: Okay.
Speaker 2: Hosted by Fat Joe.
Speaker 11: Yes.
Speaker 1: Hosted by Fat Joe.
Speaker 9: Yes.
Speaker 1: Yeah, we see Fat Joe. But anyway, let's get the show cracking. When we come back. We got front page news. We got a lot to talk about, testing figure out. We'll be joining us. It don't go anywhere not to discuss this morning. It's the breakfast Club. Good morning morning everybody. It's stej n V. Charlemagne the God. We are the breakfast Club. Let's get in some front page news.
Speaker 12: Morning tis good morning, DJ Envy, Good morning, Charlemagne, the god.
Speaker 2: Tesla. Oh, that's just.
Speaker 1: Well, let's jump right into it. Sad, sad shooting on HBCU campus.
Speaker 13: Huh.
Speaker 12: Yeah, this is really unfortunate. We just do way too many of these stories. Five people, for men and one woman eighteen to twenty two were shot at Morgan State University in Baltimore Tuesday night. Police have not identified a suspect in the case of the victims were taken to the hospital with non life threatening injuries, so that is a good thing. No one, you know, passed away. And unfortunately this marks the five hundred and thirty one mass shootings in the US so far this year.
Speaker 1: Wow, that's super duper sad, because that's why most students and most people want to go to an HBCU because they feel like they're safe, right, they feel like they're at home, they feel like they're comfortable. So the fact that this happened is very scary. So, you know, sending prayers and everything to those families and those individuals that got shot.
Speaker 8: I mean, you can't truly feel comfortable anywhere in America knowing that there's so many mass shootings, because I mean, we did mass shootings have shown us.
Speaker 2: They go down at any place at any time, anywhere.
Speaker 12: Right, churches, grocery store, man, yeah, whatever.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Now let's jump into McCarthy. What happened with McCarthy.
Speaker 12: Oh man, this was all over the news. History was made yesterday. US Representatives voted yesterday to get rid of Kevin McCarthy as speaker, which a lot of folks knew this was coming, but this was a historic moment that threatened to plunge House Republicans even further into chaos and turmoil. Let's take a listen. I'll give you some more information on the other side.
Speaker 9: On this vote.
Speaker 14: The Ya's are two sixteen, the na's are two ten. The resolution is adopted without objection. The motion to reconsider is laid on the table. The office of Speaker of the House of the United States House of Representatives is hereby declared vacant.
Speaker 8: Damn Yeah, Kevin McCarthy never had any power though, right, like we talked about we talk about folks being glorified puppets. Kevin McCarthy was absolutely wanted. If he didn't do the bidding of his puppin Matt, they were going to cut his scrings. And that's exactly what happened. He got his scrings cut.
Speaker 9: That's exactly what it did.
Speaker 12: Charlemagne and I remember we talked about this when he got and he cut this deal in the very beginning, you know, allowing them the opportunity to be able to oust him the moment he did something that they didn't want him to do. Remember he went fifteen rounds to get his speakership. He only had nine months to lose it. You know, it was so interesting because he was all over TV said, oh no, I got it under control. No, actually he did. So they will now elect the new speaker. Republicans are pissed. They are really pissed at Matt Gates and those of those the few folks that decided to go ahead and oust him. It was only eight Republicans that voted to get him out into all two hundred and ten Democrats helped him basically helped them burn down their own house. So there was a lot of back and forth. Yestad that I was blue to the TV on that because they wanted Democrats to save the Republican, you know, to save him, and so Democrats said, no, you know, we're not going to jump in and you know save you know, this is Republican's problem. But what they did do is vote against him made it easier to get him out. So they didn't save them, but they sure you know, didn't stop it either.
Speaker 8: So it is another example of why Republicans got to move away from Trump.
Speaker 2: Is though, what you mean because he was a Trump guy?
Speaker 12: Yep, And that's that's what they King Jefferys was saying. I was watching them yesterday do some media, and they're saying, you know, why don't you know you just basically paraphrasing, why don't you help out and keep help them keep McCarthy, you know, because obviously he's trying to work with you guys, and Hay King Jeffery is very clear and saying no, this is not just this one thing. Basically Republicans and giving him hell all the way through. So they're gonna help you get get the shovel and help you out dig the hole.
Speaker 8: So that's basically It's just interesting for me because it's like your traditional conservative values, traditional Republicans, they have to want their party back at some point. They have to see how, you know, the extreme magism is cannibalizing their party.
Speaker 2: They have to see that Wold.
Speaker 12: Well, they don't see it now. They didn't see it before, they'll see it now and then quickly. Since he lost his seat, there is a new seat. There will be a new Senator. Dianne Feinstein passed away last Thursday at ninety years old, which left her seat open to be filled by California Governor Newsom. Let's take a quick listen.
Speaker 1: To that report.
Speaker 15: California Governor Gavin Newsom has appointed a new Senator to fill the seat of the late Diane Feinstein, Alfonsa Butler. She's the head of the group of Emily's List, which works to elect Democratic women. She will be the third black woman to ever serve in the Senate, as well as the first openly LGBTQ person to represent California. Butler will serve until the winner of the state's next Senate election, that's November twenty twenty four. Feinstein died last week at the age of ninety.
Speaker 12: Now, Charlemagne, people are feeling away progressas are feeling away. No, Barbara Lee wanted that position. The Congressional black Hawk has actually endorsed her for that position. For those that don't know, Barbarily is a progressive in California, in the House Representatives, so she will still be running her race to see, you know, she can get the votes to come out next year in November of a people kind of feel slighted by that, you know, no disrespect to misus Butler, they're you know, excited that she got the position and certainly in support of her. But people are feeling a way about that. So this this election is far from our this position is far from over. It's still gonna take people going to the boat the polls to actually see who will be the next Senator for the state of California.
Speaker 1: All right, well that is front page news. Now get it off your chest. Test we've seen in a couple of minutes. Eight hundred five eight five one oh five one. If you need to vent full lines to wide open again. Eight hundred five eight five one oh five one. If you need to vent, call us up right now. It's the breakfast Club. Good morning, the Breakfast Club. Ray right, ray yo, Charla mac yaffy, what up are we lying?
Speaker 11: This is your time to get it off your chest.
Speaker 16: I got an indoor pool pool.
Speaker 11: We want to hear from you on the breakfast club.
Speaker 9: We get on the.
Speaker 17: Phone right now here, tell you what it is?
Speaker 8: We lie?
Speaker 1: Hello, good morning, good morning man, I help you.
Speaker 2: This is Jack Hilarius.
Speaker 9: Who's this?
Speaker 1: Hello, Larryus? This is our showing Casey and Leonard.
Speaker 9: All, well nice, how y'all doing?
Speaker 18: What's going on?
Speaker 2: What's happening?
Speaker 1: If you got time to be on the mohone? How come you not had?
Speaker 9: Jess?
Speaker 19: Yeah, I was very ask you who up there? I'm in la I gotta film something today. But who up there right now?
Speaker 2: Nobody?
Speaker 1: Nobody? Just the husbands.
Speaker 20: Oh okay, that's nice.
Speaker 18: Okay.
Speaker 20: I was pray seldom that they can go home.
Speaker 9: Okay, that's fine.
Speaker 2: I just wanted to know, Okay, have a nice day.
Speaker 19: Oh no, hold up, hold up, we all got doing a rumor reports because it shouldn't be envy.
Speaker 8: Nobody, nobody, you're gonna do it? Nobody here this week.
Speaker 19: I was thinking about I don't know, I was thinking about calling up there because you talking about me not being able to read.
Speaker 20: But you can't read either.
Speaker 21: I'll be like, damn you struggling, Just.
Speaker 1: Like, yeah, well you can't read either. We both can't read. We can't read together.
Speaker 2: Hey, don't you got shows this weekend in Texas?
Speaker 19: I do I got sholder artists in Texas. Make sure y'all get y'all tickets Thursday's, Friday and Saturday. Saturday is sold out as always. Friday is sold out as well, but Thursday needs to sell out. I'll be at the improv.
Speaker 8: So you called up here just to tell whoever was here to go home, but ain't nobody here. And then you called up here to tell NV he can't read yes, and then that I have yes.
Speaker 2: Okay, have a good have a good morning, Jess. We miss you all right.
Speaker 22: Y'all, y'all have a good one.
Speaker 2: Okay, he asked human man.
Speaker 1: Jesus Christy, Hello, who is.
Speaker 9: This going up? What up? This is a Harry from.
Speaker 1: Chicago, Harry from the shot Town up, get it off your chest?
Speaker 9: Good morning? And dj V is Charlie mayn.
Speaker 2: There right here? Brother?
Speaker 3: Is that that sounds like more than.
Speaker 9: Well?
Speaker 8: I mean, you know they say we look alike. I never heard we sounded like Harry Man.
Speaker 9: All right, just put it.
Speaker 3: I wanted to give a big shout out to Breakfast Club HR Department because I don't know how they tolerate y'all so much.
Speaker 11: I don't know either.
Speaker 3: That's got to be the most stressful job outside of air traffic controller HR for Breakfast Club right there.
Speaker 10: Just give him a big shot out to them.
Speaker 8: She's a great person though, Yes she is. That's all you had for us.
Speaker 3: I'm gonna offer y'all lunch on me, but last time y'all said no, so I'm gonna leave it lonely.
Speaker 2: We appreciate that your brother brother appreciate y'all.
Speaker 1: Get it off your chest. Eight hundred and five eight five one oh five one. If you need to vent phone lines a wide open, call us up now. It's the Breakfast Club.
Speaker 11: Good morning, the Breakfast Club. Yeah, is it your time to get it off your chest? Way up? Whether you're mad or blasts.
Speaker 1: Time to get up and get something.
Speaker 11: Call up now. Eight hundred and five eight five one o five one. We want to hear from you on the Breakfast Club.
Speaker 9: Hello.
Speaker 11: Who's this?
Speaker 20: Hey?
Speaker 23: DJ NBA, Charlamagne, Good morning. This is y'all to by cousin Tia.
Speaker 1: Good morning, kill Yeah, get it off your chest.
Speaker 23: Good morning. I just want to get off my chest that. I'm so happy that y'all got.
Speaker 24: Me through last week or the week before.
Speaker 23: Whenever I called, people have been reaching out about my passport giveaway and it's finally open. I just wanted to impoor people to apply. It's the Miller Morris Project and you can win a free passport if you've never had a passport before, if you're a Black American, and I just appreciate y'all, and if you have a passport, Charlottmaye and Yncy, y'all can donate because I'm trying to give away as many as possible.
Speaker 1: What do you way to give away a passport? You mean help somebody get their passport.
Speaker 23: Yeah, I call it like two weeks ago and I talked about it. So yeah, I have a scholarship and I do a giveaway so people can apply. If you've never had a passport and you're a Black American over eighteen, then I have a panel of people who helped me choose from the application, and however much we raise, we give out that many passports.
Speaker 2: What's the website again, it's the Miller Morris Project.
Speaker 23: You can go to it on my website.
Speaker 21: It's Tia Takes.
Speaker 9: Theworld dot com.
Speaker 23: If you're on Instagram, I'm at Tia Takes the World and you can click some where and get my bio that's probably the easiest way.
Speaker 21: But it's Millermore's project.
Speaker 2: Tia Takes Theworld dot Com. I'm on it right now.
Speaker 11: Hello, who's this bad crush?
Speaker 9: Crush just like the sow.
Speaker 1: To crush, like the soda. What I get it off your chest?
Speaker 25: Bro, ain't nothing? Shout out the Big nine one fourth, just to start off with, Shout out dj MBA, the Guy, shout out Charlamagne, the Guy, the God.
Speaker 9: But look, let me get this off the chest.
Speaker 25: Look with the key CP getting arrested and it on the internet, you know, the Internet, Internet investigated, and they're putting Diddy involved. Let me just ask, if anything happens in Diddy's name comes out there that change history?
Speaker 26: Does that change anything?
Speaker 8: I'm gonna be honest with you, man, I don't even know why y'all, you know, doing those type of hypotheticals. Why would you put that kind of energy out there just because the Internet is Internet? Like you know what I'm saying, Like, at some point we got to realize that nobody cares about the truth when the lie is more entertaining, And at some point people got to unplug the Internet, man, Like seriously, like the Internet is.
Speaker 2: Really, really, really really really really really.
Speaker 8: Really the soul curator of so many false narratives and lies out here.
Speaker 25: Correct, that's a fact that, man, you you will be someone not say that. If you think the Internet is messing up society with it? How we all running and run off? What's the Internet?
Speaker 2: Yes? Is it messing up society?
Speaker 1: I think so. My facts checks anymore. Everybody thinks if they hit on the internet, that's fact.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's hard to say if it's messing up society.
Speaker 8: It messes up society when people start actually believing some of the things they see online. But truth be told, Man, I think we kind of passed that in twenty twenty three. I think people realize that, you know, nobody cares about the truth and the lives more entertaining.
Speaker 2: And I think they.
Speaker 8: Realize that on the Internet, you got to let the internet Internet, and you got.
Speaker 2: To let the real world, real world. That's right, you know.
Speaker 8: Now, I'm not saying that some things that happen on the Internet, you know, aren't true and don't impact the real world.
Speaker 2: I'm just saying that ninety percent of it, majority of it is some nonsense.
Speaker 1: Absolutely, Well, get it off your chest. Eight hundred and five eight five one oh five one. Let me just go to this one call. I see, I see Dell on the line. Dell, you want to bully me?
Speaker 8: Just want to do I don't want to bully you, bro, I just I just want to know why you ain't going about the game.
Speaker 9: You was talking mass stuff on wondery.
Speaker 1: The game was Monday. Now we're Wednesday. That's the problem. You're always stuck in the past. Now we should be looking forward to me.
Speaker 9: You was here yesterday, my brother.
Speaker 1: You're right, but you right, you right here.
Speaker 10: I caught in yesterday.
Speaker 9: I just wanted to let you know. You know what I mean at the Giants Saint Nothing, Seahawks story, y'all down eleven sack.
Speaker 1: Come on, man, come on now that's all you got dem.
Speaker 9: Come on if you already knew man like, it was bad, bron, it was. It was real bad. It was.
Speaker 11: It was bad.
Speaker 9: But you know what, I had bags on your head and everything.
Speaker 1: Man, it was pretty bad.
Speaker 2: Hey, yo, Saluta salutor.
Speaker 8: Devon wasn't spoon too, man, he's caught that ninety seven yard picked six fat.
Speaker 2: Yeah that that me and me and Devon.
Speaker 8: We had uh, we had dinner together earlier this year, you know, because we got we got the same agents. Man, he hadn't even been drafted yet, but we were sitting at the dinner table talking about him being drafted.
Speaker 9: You know.
Speaker 2: So it was good to see him ball out like that. Salutor. Devon wasn't spoon, yeah.
Speaker 9: Man, it was it was. It was good man. Also, I wanted to give a shout out today our birthday. Shout out to London Ross. He turned nine to day.
Speaker 1: Happy birthday him. And I hope he turns up to be a Giants fan.
Speaker 2: Brother, Yo, I ain't even think about it.
Speaker 9: I doubt it.
Speaker 27: Man.
Speaker 9: We're from Indiana, man, and we a Seahawks fan.
Speaker 26: Man.
Speaker 8: Go on, you know what I gotta send I'm gonna send Devon something, man, I gotta send him something just for busting your.
Speaker 2: Heart like that.
Speaker 8: I didn't even think about it, like it just dawned on me, like Yo, Devon really balled.
Speaker 2: Out against the Giants.
Speaker 8: He had two sacks, he had a pick six, ran it back for ninety seven yards. I gotta send you something, Devon, Sleuth did My brother Devon wasn't school man, good brother right there.
Speaker 1: Get it on your chest. Eight hundred and five eighty five one, five one. Now when we come back, we got your room and report sug Knight actually speaks out about Keith d and them arrested him on a Tupac murder Triald. We'll explain, we'll explain it. We'll break it down, So don't move. It's to Breakfast Club. Good morning, the Breakfast Club.
Speaker 8: Now, we told you, We told y'all earlier that we flew to Atlanta yesterday for the BET Hip Hop Awards. Yes, and where we were supposed to be at the BET Hip Hop Awards, but they were running an hour late. And you know one thing about me, even if everybody else not on schedule, I'm gonna be on schedule, That's right. So if I got a heart out at seven forty seven, I'm leaving regardless.
Speaker 2: And I'm gonna tell you something I saw.
Speaker 8: I'm looking at DJ Spinderella pag dropping the clues boss with Spinderella saw esday. I saw Jesse Collins and the team and giving out gift boxes.
Speaker 1: You didn't get one. No, he was there long enough, that's your problem.
Speaker 8: It says thank you for being a part of our show. We're honored to have you. Is they got all kind of wine and hair oil and hair products.
Speaker 2: Never mind it on bald.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you don't need to hear.
Speaker 2: I got four daughters and a beautiful black wife. I want some of that.
Speaker 8: We flew all the way there a landing yesterday and didn't even get the present because y'all was running behind. And one thing about me, Like I said, I'm gonna be on schedule even if everybody else isn't. But I still want a gift box because we tried.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but we'll get a gift but we weren't part of the show.
Speaker 8: We should still get a gift box. Okay, it's not our fault. Weren't part of the show.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but we since we weren't part of it, I wonder if they take us out, because you know, they got us.
Speaker 2: In the beginning.
Speaker 8: They definitely probably gonna take us out. Absolutely, video it says parents is by Charlotte God. Yes, yes, they're definitely probably gonna take this out. But the point is I still want to give box because we try, we try, We were there.
Speaker 2: We were there, we were there.
Speaker 1: Yes, Okay, yeah, all right, Well let's get to the rumors.
Speaker 11: Let's go.
Speaker 1: Or you gossip.
Speaker 11: Is the rumor report?
Speaker 28: I mean, I guess were on the breakfast club.
Speaker 1: This is where the tea spells right right now? Ed Shearon said one of the things on his bucket list was to actually smoke with Snoop Dogg. Now he talks about smoking with Snoop Dogg and he says it wasn't what he expected. When he was talking to Conan O'Brien, I was in.
Speaker 29: Melbourne recently and I was with my wife and my mother in law and Snoop Dogg was playing and I.
Speaker 9: Was like, we got to go.
Speaker 29: I went with I've sort of got quite close friends with Russell Crowe over the years, and he's really close with Snoop Dogg.
Speaker 10: But so I was in.
Speaker 29: I was and I don't I don't really smoke at all, and I was in. I was in the dressing room and they're.
Speaker 2: Just, you know, blunt for blunt for blunt for blunt.
Speaker 29: And I'm like, I guess at some point during the night I have to just to be like, let's make a Snoop Dogg. And he's like, do you want someone? I was like, Okay, now's the time. I'm like, if we have it had a good amount of conversation, so I have a bit and I'm like, I don't feel too bad, like this is good, and then I have a bit more, then I have a bit.
Speaker 7: More, then I have a bit Oh my god.
Speaker 29: I just remember looking at him being like, I can't see right now.
Speaker 8: Yeah, everybody want to smoke with Snoop Dogg. It's all funny games until you actually get high.
Speaker 1: That's right, That is right. That happened to me one time with a whis Kalifa. Same thing with whisk kaliefa m. I think it was actually at a powerhouse up here, and I just it was kind of the same thing. It's just the thing just couldn't.
Speaker 8: See smoking with them and smoking like them is two different things, correct, you know what I'm saying. So you can smoke with them, but you still have to know your limitations in regards to marijuana.
Speaker 1: That is true.
Speaker 8: So you know you might have to just go back to the old school. We are taking two totes and passes, keep walking, leaving it alone.
Speaker 2: You know what I mean. You don't gotta go blunt for blunt with Snoop Dogg all whis Khalifa. You're not gonna win that.
Speaker 1: Battle, that's right now, blue Face, He gets probation for that last Vegas shooting. I don't know if you remember, but well here's the news report.
Speaker 2: Actually, you're on any kind of.
Speaker 23: Probation violation, especially anything involved these weapons, that will not hesitate to put you in prison for a significant period of time.
Speaker 28: You are playing with your.
Speaker 1: Liberty your life obviously, but you're playing with your liberty if.
Speaker 3: You're gonna have guns into anything that's gonna.
Speaker 2: Violate your probation in that regard. Do you understand.
Speaker 1: I don't want there to be any confusion.
Speaker 30: I hear people who say things about you know, I didn't realize it.
Speaker 2: Couldn't you know, do this or that, or have pictures with them or whatever.
Speaker 23: No zero guns around you where you are at any time, and that needs to.
Speaker 31: Be quite clear.
Speaker 2: So why did they announce you got sentence?
Speaker 8: Was that just one of those internet headlines that they was, you know, posting the real people into the story.
Speaker 1: Well he got sentenced to a maximum of three years of probation.
Speaker 8: Yeah, the headlines didn't read like that. The headlines read blue face got sentenced to such and such amount of months.
Speaker 1: Yeah, didn't you just say earlier nobody cares about the truth and their lives more entertainment.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean, you got to real people in with the headline. I understand now now.
Speaker 1: He was arrested last year in connection with the shooting of a man out in a Vegas strip club. The man actually showed up in court and actually took a selfie with blue Face that I saw. Yeah, so he was initially charged with attempted murder in the case, but he pleaded guilty to reduce the charge. And of course the internet was trying to figure out why blue Face only got I guess get probation and Tory Lanez got ten years.
Speaker 2: Things are never that cutting dry, y'all.
Speaker 8: Like I think sometimes y'all be comparing apples to oranges because y'all never look at the nuances of a case. Y'all never look at the nuances of a situation. Like I'm sure that there was a whole lot of reasons why blue Face only got probation, just like I'm sure there's a whole lot of reasons why you know, Tory ended up getting ten years. But who has actually looked at the detail to the case to see the difference to the case.
Speaker 32: Right.
Speaker 1: And lastly, a little baby, you know, little baby was involved with this whole Blue Face Kashan rock stuff. Well, this is what happened. If you don't know, Blue Face said, I ain't with this trolling ish anymore. I'd be laughing at certain ish, but I now let's stop playing. I ain't never try to talk to mother e F and Krashawn, please stop attaching my name to that. We've seen each other in the club. And that was it, and Krishan said, see he finally said it. Facts told y'all, I've been attached to his name because my baby daddy is insecure. As F told y'all, someone tell Blue he can stop trolling me. At one time, Blue Face was saying that the baby wasn't his. Maybe it is little Baby, but little Baby said, I'm done with the trolling ish. I have nothing to do with that.
Speaker 8: Sometimes you have to let people think what they want to think. That's not your problem. But in this case, that is not what little Baby was saying.
Speaker 1: Baby, I don't want my baby.
Speaker 2: I don't work stuff y'all got going on.
Speaker 8: Don't bring me into this, Krishan blue Face mess, I ain't about to be a part of no zoos storyline.
Speaker 1: That's right, all right, And that is your rumor report. Next hour will give you the information on ship Night and Keith d and uh the murder of Tupac should course.
Speaker 8: So when is blad TV getting a Peabody? When is blad TV gonna get a Peabody award? Man, Jesus Christ, you don't think blad TV should get some type of award? And I know, I know Keev did a lot of interviews, like you know, people talk about the art of dialogue interviews that he did.
Speaker 2: But Lad didn't just do KVD.
Speaker 8: Ladd had kV D and he had police officers involved with the case.
Speaker 1: Yeah, both sides.
Speaker 2: Oh my god, When is lad TV gonna get a Peabody award?
Speaker 9: Huh?
Speaker 1: Ye? Now he broke down that case and had him and had everybody snitching on the show.
Speaker 2: So glad TV on Piers Morgan this week. Y'all can say what.
Speaker 8: Y'all want, But blad TV helped us solve that crime, you know, the murder of Tupax Corp.
Speaker 1: Yeah, well, we'll break it down next hour and then next we got Front Page News. Teslim Figureo will be joining us and we're gonna talk about eight hundred five eight five one oh five to one, one of jay Z's relatives asked him for forty eight hundred dollars and jay Z said, no. People are saying, oh, that's foul. Jay Z's a billionaire. He could have lent his family manber forty eight hundred dollars, and we're gonna break that down and we want your opinion. Eight hundred five eight five, one oh five to one. It's the Breakfast Club. Good morning, the Breakfast Club. Your mornings will never be the same. Good morning, everybody. It's dj n V, Charlamagne the guy. We are the Breakfast Club. We have Teslim figure on online. Now let's get in some front page news. Now, Donald Trump, he was back in court yesterday, right, yeah, back in court.
Speaker 9: Now.
Speaker 12: This case is gonna go on for about three months, so we'll just give updates. As you know, certain things happen, and one thing that happened yesterday he upset the judge. I don't know if it's a good idea to upset your judge, but yesterday he was issued a gag order because he was targeting the judges lower clerk. Trump posted a picture of Allison green Field and a picture with her and Senator Chuck Schumer on his true social media site. He mocked her, saying that this was Schumer's girlfriend and said that the case should be dismissed now. The post was taken down around lunch breaking around one thirty pm, the judge said that personal tax on my members or members of my court staff are unacceptable, inappropriate, and I will not tolerate it under any circumstances and issued a gag order. So I don't know if that was the smartest thing.
Speaker 11: To do, but that's Trump.
Speaker 8: If you all think for one second Trump is going to stick to that gag order, you out your rabbit ass line. Trump's gonna wipe his ass with that gag or here's the reality of the situation, they're going to be consequently, the repercussions for Trump violating that guy going it.
Speaker 2: But I think at this point Trump don't care. Nope, I really don't.
Speaker 8: The judge can say, yo, you're gonna have to pay these people fifty million, one hundred million dollars.
Speaker 2: Trump gonna say, get it, get it, get it, get it in blood, get it in blood.
Speaker 32: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Trump don't care.
Speaker 12: Yeah, he rid of that, and he's suspected to testify. So, like you said, Charlemagne. It's definitely gonna be a Nino Brown moment. He's on the witness list for the State and the Defense, and they're saying that may happen on next week, So certainly we'll bring you that when that happens.
Speaker 2: Man Trump is a great entertainer. You just don't make a good president, but he's a great entertainer.
Speaker 1: Now, we also got to talk about this Taco Bell employee. What happened with the Taco Bell employee?
Speaker 12: Yeah, this is crazy, Well was actually was a customer. Sixty seven year old Doll McLendon has been arrested in North Carolina after allegedly shooting a Taco Bell employee following a dispute over being given the wrong change. He was given incorrect change and so he became aggressive, went in the restaurant inside with the weapon, then fled the scene shot the employee, who was transported to the hospital with life threatening injuries. We don't have any updates on the entries at this time. It just says life threatening, but he has been arrested and charged with assault with a daily weapon, would intend to kill, inflicting serious injury, and discharging a weapon in and occupied property.
Speaker 8: Man, folks is at the end of their ropes. Man, I promise you. I've always been the type of person to show everybody love. But you truly, truly have to be kind to folks in this era, man, because you don't know what people are carrying. You don't know what kind of trauma they're dealing with, what kind of pain they're dealing with, what kind of hurt they're dealing with, and when when they get to the end of day rope, they'll project that pain hurting trauma on.
Speaker 1: You leave people alone.
Speaker 2: It just don't even make no sense.
Speaker 12: But just given the wrong change though, like what could he have.
Speaker 8: Done, it's not over the change though, It's over whatever that person is dealing with internally, Like that guy had so many other issues going on in his life. That was just something that broke the straw, that broke the camera's cameras back. It wasn't over no wrong.
Speaker 12: Change for sure, sure, So we'll see if more comes out on that. But just to your point, you know what we talked about earlier in the mass shooting, you just don't know, you know, you can go anywhere, anything can happen, So yeah, this is just a really unfortunate story. And then one last thing I want to let people know before I got out of here. Today, at two twenty Eastern standard time, everybody's phone is going to go off. They will be the federal government will be conducting a nationwide test of its emergency alert system. So you and everybody around you will have your phone going off at two twenty.
Speaker 7: Do not be alarmed that.
Speaker 12: They say that the purpose of this is to ensure that the systems continue to be effective, meaning being able to warran folks of emergencies at the national level.
Speaker 8: Question, I've been seeing this for the last few days that they've been saying for the last few days they're going to have this alert on Wednesday.
Speaker 2: Why are they alerting us to this alert.
Speaker 1: So nobody is scared?
Speaker 9: They all, right, but we.
Speaker 2: Always get alerts on our phone. Random's usually it's real.
Speaker 1: It's an amber alert, or there's a flood warning, or.
Speaker 2: Sometimes just a national emergency. They do it all the time. He just a national emergency al system of go off on your phone.
Speaker 1: I don't get that. I get the Amber alerts, I get flooding in certain areas. I get like if there's a problem in area, But I never get a test.
Speaker 8: I mean throughout my whole life, even before the phone. Sometimes they would just pop up on the television.
Speaker 1: Or on the television, on the radio, and they would.
Speaker 2: Say, this is just the test. Right, Why are they alerting us that this is just the test this time?
Speaker 12: Well, I guess because everybody's gonna go because even on amberlert. You know, you can turn your phone off. Everybody doesn't get Amber alerts.
Speaker 1: You know on their phone.
Speaker 12: You can adjust it, so can you, Yes, they don't want to, Yeah you can, Yeah you can. You can set your settings to turn off. Everybody doesn't get Amber alerts.
Speaker 9: So I didn't know that.
Speaker 1: No, I didn't know that.
Speaker 21: I do.
Speaker 1: I do know, like if there's hurricane or bad weather, your your phone will go off if like you said, Amber alerts or whatever it may be. So I just thought that, yeah, with this thing, you have to test the system.
Speaker 12: Yeah, I told my daughter because she had hers turned off so it was annoying. I was like, turn the Amber alert on. You be saving somebody's life. But yeah, you can turn it off. But with this, you know some people won't be I mean again, living in a day and time where so much crazy stuff that's happening. You know, I can see how somebody's anxiety would go up if they didn't know what was going on. If the entire offices, you know, phone is going off at the same time.
Speaker 1: Oh, if you're a student in you in class or something like that and your phone just starts ringing.
Speaker 2: Crazy, I'm looking at it now.
Speaker 8: They say FEM was required to do a national test of the system no less than.
Speaker 2: Once every three years. Three years. Yeah, that's crazy because it feels like it's more often than.
Speaker 9: That, you know.
Speaker 1: All right, well that is front page news. Thank you, Taz, no problem.
Speaker 8: Thank you, and make sure you subscribe to at Teslin Figaro's podcast A Great Shot, No Chase of podcasts, and follow her on all social media platforms at tesling.
Speaker 1: Figure out Now, let's open up the phone line to eight hundred five eight five one oh five. On this clip resurface of jay Z talking about the time a family member asked him for forty eight hundred dollars.
Speaker 33: And how money can come between friends. You know, we have been had money for a long time, so we don't know how to We're not professionals at navigating how to communicate from that space.
Speaker 10: You know.
Speaker 33: I mean like you, you know, you'll have people that where you come from, if you behave in a certain manner that it's not a custom to where they are, that may be a threat to them. Nick cab back and funny because Bay, you have to navigate that you have cousins in your grandma's living room saying, Yo.
Speaker 11: Man, I got this play.
Speaker 33: I want to if you just give me forty eight hundred, I could make you two million.
Speaker 9: You like it don't work?
Speaker 33: Like yeah, man, you got to explain to him, like life isn't like that.
Speaker 1: People are saying, well, Jay got it, he's a billionaire. He should give it, no problem. And that is the question eight hundred five eight five one oh five to one. If a family member wants to borrow some money from you and you got it, should you be obligated to give it?
Speaker 26: Hell?
Speaker 8: No capital letters were supposed to all supposed to do. Because we can definitely talk about it when we come back. I don't know who who the hell y'all entitled people think y'all are.
Speaker 1: But people are saying Jay Z's a billion man.
Speaker 2: What they got to do with anything? A JJ also know that his cousin.
Speaker 1: Is a fop eight hundred five eight five five. I'm saying, Ja's cousin is the FF.
Speaker 8: I'm just saying, when you know your family members, you know, you know who who you should be given that opportunity to and who.
Speaker 1: You should And let's discuss when we come back at the Breakfast Club. Go Morning, the Breakfast Club.
Speaker 4: It's topic top called eight hundred and five eight five one five one to join into the discussion with the Breakfast.
Speaker 1: Club Morning everybody. It's DJ n V Charlamagne the God. We are the Breakfast Club. Now if you're just joining us, we're talking about a jay Z clip that recently resurfaced.
Speaker 2: This is from Kevin Hart show Heart to Heart on Peacock. That's right.
Speaker 1: Jay Z talks about the time of family member asked him for forty eight hundred dollars and.
Speaker 2: How money can come between friends.
Speaker 33: You know, we we haven't had money for a long time, so we don't know how to We're not professionals at navigating how to communicate from that space, you know what I mean? Like you, you know, you'll have people that where you come from if you behave in a certain manner that it's not a custom to where they are that may be a threat to them. Nick cab Back it funny because by you have to navigate that you have cousins in your grandma's living room saying, Yo.
Speaker 9: Man, I got this play.
Speaker 33: I want to If you just give me forty eight hundred, I could make you two million. You're like, it don't work, Like yeah, man, you got to explain to him, like life isn't like that.
Speaker 1: So a lot of people feel like jay Z should have did it. He's a billionaire, and what's forty eight hundred dollars to a billionaire? That's what people are saying online.
Speaker 2: Let me tell you something, man, jay Z is not wrong in any way, shape or form.
Speaker 8: And if you've never been asked for that kind of money or even have that kind of money to give out, I don't want to hear your opinion on the situation. I saw folks say based on wholes networth, that amount of money is like a dime to him.
Speaker 2: Listen, man, it's not about the money. It's about the principle.
Speaker 8: See, when you loan money to a person easily and all they have to do is ask for it, they never stop asking. Why true, because if they take the money and blow it or invested in something and lose it. When they get their next great idea, guess what they're gonna do. Call you again, come back to you again, and it will never stop. If you want that kind of loan. Treat me the same way you would treat a bank, write out a successful business plan. Also, personally, I treat everybody who asks me for money the same way Linda's do.
Speaker 2: Linda's want to know that you have the ability to repay a loan.
Speaker 1: Correct.
Speaker 8: They do this by looking at your business financial history to see how much revenue you generated in the past, and if you have a business, how much profit you made. And the problem with that is folks be asking for amounts of money they never had in their life. Right, let me get five K until next Friday. Let me get ten K until you know the next couple of weeks. How you gonna ask me for something you've never had? How you gonna repay me in a week some money that you've never had before?
Speaker 9: Right?
Speaker 1: Well, I'll be honest with you. I don't loan money. I just I don't. It's just my thing. I don't loan money. I don't borrow money. That is who I am. As a person. My mother and father don't have to borrow money from me. My parents they can take it if they need me. But as far as me, I don't money. And if I do give somebody money, it's not a loan, it's I'm giving it to you because I'm not expecting you to pay me back.
Speaker 8: And see, that's the thing. I'll say this. I don't loan money either. I give it right, you know why, because I know you're not gonna pay me back. The fact, you know what I'm saying. I know you're not gonna pay me back. So once again, don't ask me for anything that you've never had in your life. And that be the problem, because the truth of the matter is sometimes I might give you that money just so you never asked me again, you know what I mean, because I know you're gonna run through it.
Speaker 9: That's right.
Speaker 1: Let's go to the phone line. We got Trill on the line, trail. Good morning, trail you Trill. What's what's your opinion on jay Z not giving his nephew to forty eight hundred dollars.
Speaker 34: First, I just want to say good morning y'all.
Speaker 24: But I wouldn't give my my cousin forty eight doubles. Just I mean, I would, but I wouldn't just depends on that character that because because I mean, you got some family members out here that's not doing the right thing, like.
Speaker 9: Very true to father, that might be on drugs or something.
Speaker 24: You get that man forty eight thousand dollars, he liable to go over those that.
Speaker 8: Is that is very true because the other thing that people don't take into consideration. Jay Z may not have gave that cousin forty eight hundred dollars, but jay Z has definitely invested in other family members. Sure, you know what I'm saying. So it's You're absolutely right. It's just all about the character of the person. Who the person is exactly. That's why I said, you got to treat it the way Linda's do. Linda's want to know that you have the ability to repaid the loan. There's certain people that ask me for certain amounts of money. I know you can't pay me back, you know what I mean? And why am I giving you this money? Why am I give you five thousand dollars?
Speaker 1: I don't know. Teresa, good morning.
Speaker 20: Thing, Oh my god, I love you.
Speaker 32: Guys.
Speaker 1: What's your thoughts?
Speaker 18: So it's personal for me, especially when it comes to to Emily. I've made it where I've became financially okay, but it wasn't always that weighing. Some of the same family that came up with me dropped out, didn't try and made fun of me, and so I ended up spending the thirty thousand dollars on my daughter.
Speaker 22: So she graduated.
Speaker 18: Excuse me, she's going to graduate school and I said, with a brand new car.
Speaker 9: Well, I have a.
Speaker 18: Sister who keeps getting locked up and my own mother cursed me out for not spending five thousand dollars on her bail. But no, you have just because I need it to be financially okay and I can do that, doesn't mean I'm gonna be financially irresponsible with my money for someone who's not even trying.
Speaker 1: And I'm thinking, your sister got locked up for what and how long did you leave her in jail? Cause if that's your sistant, it was five thousand to get around, Well, let.
Speaker 34: Me tell you.
Speaker 18: She's said no. Listen, she has been doing this on and on and on. It's not a one time situation.
Speaker 34: She's she's on drugs.
Speaker 18: I've spent a lot of money putting her in rehab where she leaves in the middle of the night and not try. So I had to cut that ape whispering. My parents are kind of like, well, you know, they've always spoiled her and coddled her. I had to earn everything. They gave her everything, and it was to her detriment. And so I had to come to a place where I said, you know what, enough is enough. I'm not gonna let you bankrupt me and I'm not gonna let you make me so guilty for spoiling my own children all myself because I did what I had to do. So maybe that's the situation with jay Z. And I think a lot of times family filling title just because you got it. That's supposed to be an automatic guess.
Speaker 9: And they get it.
Speaker 1: No, that's right, you're right.
Speaker 2: And man, what you said is so true.
Speaker 8: And that's why when you see these situations, you can't even really judge them because we don't know the nuance of the situation. You know, it just sounds like, oh, you should bail your sister out of jail, bigro.
Speaker 1: You don't know my sister's history, right, You don't know how many times I bailed out before?
Speaker 11: You're right?
Speaker 1: Thank you mama. Eight hundred and five eight five, one oh five one. If you're just joining us. A clip that resurface was jay Z talking to Kevin Hart about a family member of Whole asking him for forty eight hundred dollars and pretty much expected him to do it. Jay Z didn't do it, And what's your thoughts on it? Let's discuss it's the breakfast couple one.
Speaker 11: It's topic times.
Speaker 4: Called eight hundred and five eight five one five one to join it to the discussion with the breakfast club.
Speaker 1: Talk about it morning everybody, DJ Envy, Charlamagne the guy. We are the breakfast club. Now, if you're just joining us, we're talking about hole jay Z. Recently a clip resurfaced about him talking about the time where a family member asked him forty eight hundred dollars and he said no, And.
Speaker 33: How money can come between friends? You know, we have been had money for a long time, so we don't know how to we're not professionals at navigating how to communicate from that space, you know what I mean?
Speaker 2: Like you, you know you'll have people that.
Speaker 33: Where you come from if you behave in a certain manner that it is not accustom to where they are that may be a threat to them. Nick cab back and funny because blah blah blah, you have to navigate that you have cousins in your grandma's living room saying, Yo, man, I got this play. I want to If you just give me forty eight hundred, I could make you two million. You're like, it don't work, Like yeah, man, you got to explain to him, like life isn't like that.
Speaker 1: People are saying, well, jay Z's a billionaire, he should have let that forty eight hundred dollars. That forty hundred dollars is nothing to him, But I feel like that's home's money that you know who work for that money a whole did everything he had to do for that money. And if he decides he don't want to give it, you don't have to give it.
Speaker 8: Like I said, it's not about the money, It's about the principal. You know, when you loan money to a person easily and all they got to do is ask for it, they will never stop asking because if they blow that money, they know they can come right back to you the next time. They get a great idea, and and and and ask you for it. That's not how That's not the way life.
Speaker 2: Works, man.
Speaker 1: That's right. We got Chris on the line, Chris co morning.
Speaker 9: What up though?
Speaker 34: Dad finally got through the yard?
Speaker 1: What up though, Detroit without Chris? Talk to us? What's your thoughts?
Speaker 34: Somebody from jay Z that'sa like coming from his back, brown or hustling. And you know what I'm saying, do what he's been doing. He should want to give us spelling opportunity because you think these corporate businesses and the white people in these companies looked at him and was like, yeah, I'm just gonna give us drug dealer a chance. Like now you gotta have your day, you gotta have the bike in your tank. But also it can't be alone. This is cousin like a person that never looked out for you. A A he ain't let you sleep on the couch. Like the gotta be a certain type of level of family. It can't just be a person that came in with the money.
Speaker 8: Hey, I don't care what level of family did come from. I totally disagree with you because you have to treat anytime somebody ask you for money. You got to treat them the same way, or Linda would. Now Linda wants to know do you have the ability to repay the loan. They gonna look at your business financial history to see how much revenue you've generated in the past, how much profit you've made off businesses that you've created in the past.
Speaker 2: Folks be asking for amounts of money they never had in their light.
Speaker 1: Well, not only that, I think a lot of times people are lazy. I think people see the finished product and don't see the grind to get to that finished product. They don't see the amount of hours you spent working or missing events and sleeping, you know, for myself, sleeping at the station, doing parties Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday, Saturday, and out there working so much to make sure that you can get to that final destination.
Speaker 2: About that, right, what you said is so true.
Speaker 8: Just now, if you've worked very hard for your money, and you know how hard it is to make money, you spent years paying your dudes, busting your ass. When you know that, I don't care what amount of money it is, You're not gonna just give it to something, No, not at all, you know what I mean, Because when you just give it to somebody. They don't appreciate it.
Speaker 2: Correct, they didn't have to earn it.
Speaker 1: Correct, Bobby, Yes, I'm here, Hey Bobby, good morning. What's your thoughts on the topic this morning? You're talking whole well, I got two points.
Speaker 31: So one point is jay Z probably was just talking up there because he helps out people.
Speaker 32: I know he has to.
Speaker 31: Like where he's at, he had to help out his immediate family and the family members that needed it. And absolutely my second point, yeah, my second point is like you're not gonna just help every family member, especially if they're not in the right mental state or whatever. So you help them, like if you give them the atilities, like get them the classes and seminars, and you show them if you say that forty eight hundred can't get you.
Speaker 21: That just showed me how to do that right.
Speaker 31: It had to be like in a family setting like Christmas things given, So you're gonna come every Christmas thing is given and be the big deal. You can't help it out, Yes.
Speaker 2: No I can't. I'm not saying the clause. And I'm gonna tell y'all something else.
Speaker 8: Once again, if you've never been asked for that kind of money or even have that kind of money to give out.
Speaker 2: I don't want to hear your opinion on the situation.
Speaker 8: If I show y'all some of the requests that I've got to to, like request, like tens of thousands of dollars, Yes, me too, like like like things like, yo, can you give me this money to buy a car? I'll pay you back next week. Well, if you're gonna have the money to buy a car next week? They wait till next week to buy a car?
Speaker 1: What the hell? What I look like?
Speaker 2: Come on, man, like yo, y'all know y'all?
Speaker 9: No, No, I don't know. Hello.
Speaker 22: Who's this morning?
Speaker 1: Good Morning's morning?
Speaker 17: This is tastic calling nor Charleston, South Caroline eight four three?
Speaker 2: Wee out here? What's happening?
Speaker 1: What's up? Cash? Good morning?
Speaker 34: Hello?
Speaker 17: Hello, hello everyone, now.
Speaker 1: Talk to us. What's what's your opinion on whole I'm with.
Speaker 22: Him one hundred percent. I lent a family member.
Speaker 1: There's no lie.
Speaker 17: Eighty thousand dollars for a wedding for a wedding, and I did it because I've lent her. I lent her money before and she stated it back. This time I got screwed, and I'm serious. It's been over three years.
Speaker 9: Never I've never.
Speaker 8: Seen any of it since you had to pay for her wedding and the only time why you had to give her eighty grand for her wedding.
Speaker 5: She's more like a little sister.
Speaker 16: I hoped raised her when I was stationed in Virginia back in the day. So when she came to me, I just so honored. And at the time, her mother, which is my first cousin, she didn't have the funds.
Speaker 9: To do it.
Speaker 8: Question, so like her, you didn't used to be a father, and you transition tool. Usually the father pays for the wedding.
Speaker 20: Well, if the father isn't in the picture, then he couldn't do that.
Speaker 26: You Yeah.
Speaker 9: So so like I said, she's been like a little sister.
Speaker 22: She's been in my life since she was newborn. So I just felt honored to do that for her.
Speaker 5: And they both he was from across the country and they both, uh, they were okay, but things started mounting up and I just didn't mind lending it to her.
Speaker 22: And that was the promise of it all. If I leant this to her, she would give it back. And like I said, I've done.
Speaker 16: It before, so I never had a problem getting any of the finances back until now and now the phone numbers changed.
Speaker 9: It's just a big mess, and I'm over it.
Speaker 8: Yeah, I think the moral of this whole story is man like, you know, personally, I have no problem investing in a great idea. I have no problem looking out for certain folks because I understand you know what that what that grind is when you want when you want to come up. Like there's certain people out here right now that I know are busting their ass every day. I know they working towards the goal, but sometimes they just have a little setback and and I always want to be the adult that I needed as a child. But I think we all know those family members. We shouldn't be given that kind of money too, because once again, if you're going to an actual Lenda A Linda wants to know, do you have the.
Speaker 2: Ability to repay that loan?
Speaker 11: Right?
Speaker 8: If I can know this person does not have a history of a good financial history, why would I give them money?
Speaker 1: That's facts, you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 8: If they ain't never made a dollar, you know, if they've never generated a dollar in the past, and it never made any profit off of business they open, why would I give that person that money when I know they're gonna blow it, and then when they come up with their next great idea, guess what they're gonna be.
Speaker 1: Coming back to you because you blow it.
Speaker 2: Maybe I'm so quick to give it.
Speaker 9: That's right?
Speaker 1: Nah, No, all right now when we come back, we got the roomors uh. We got to talk about sugar Knight. He refuses to testify against Keithy d in the Tupac murder trial. We'll break it down. It's a lot going on, so don't move. It's to breakfast tuff.
Speaker 2: Come on, what is that tailor?
Speaker 10: Now?
Speaker 1: At seven seven am in the Morningston Standard time, Taylor, one of our producers, has to the to the mike tailor to the mic, I'm only eating tat ties and chicken sandw did you get a fried chicken sandwich? Is seven forty seven.
Speaker 2: In a fried chicken sandwich with butter in the pennies? Oh my god, and it's seven forty seven in the morning.
Speaker 1: I know where you're gonna be at eight.
Speaker 2: I know where she's gonna be at forty. I know exactly where you're gonna be at right now.
Speaker 8: If you just joined somebody surgery and somebody surgeon office trying to get that surgery.
Speaker 1: Should be should work it out. She'll working out now if you're just joining us. We told you guys yesterday we didn't come to work because we were out in Atlanta at the b ET Awards. Yes, yeah, we didn't tell you guys, because it kind of happened last minute. I flew out Monday night. Charlamagne flew out yesterday morning. Tuesday morning, I do, I don't be outside, so I'll be in and out. So the BT Awards was taped last night, which is next week Tuesday. I told yes, we had a little uh, I guess a little second on the BT Awards.
Speaker 8: Well, yeah, it's just like you know, they have presenters and stuff like that, and we were going to do something. Yeah, but on the BT Awards sage it didn't work out because BT was late, as simple as that. We had a heart out for seven forty seven correct, yea, because they had a flight to catch nine thirty flight. Yes, because you know we got families, that's right, and we want to get back to New York's we could be on the radio in the morning. We had to miss a whole day of work, you know, yesterday because of that. Situation, and being that they were running late. You know, me tell you something, man, Let me tell you something about me. I barely be wanting to be places anyway. All I need is to reason. You know what I'm saying. So as soon as you start running late, you may not be on time, but guess who's going to be on time? Charlamagne. You may not stick to schedule, but guess whos going to stick to schedule?
Speaker 2: Charlamagne?
Speaker 8: So if my heart out of seven forty seven, guess who leaving at seven forty seven, regardless of what happens? That's right, I tried, And what happened? What happened at seven forty seven? Matter of fact? I started packing up at seven forty four, and they told me you got three more minutes. I said, by the time I get to the car, to be seven forty seven, and one of y'all will be calling me a texting me telling me that they're ready right now.
Speaker 1: What happened at seven boy seven? I called you and said, what they're ready? And what I say, I'm out? Enjoy, Enjoy, Enjoy, enjoy, beloved, I said to I said, I said, run down there and catch it.
Speaker 2: They came down there.
Speaker 8: Again yeah, And I said, hey, man, in life, we all try to do our best. I said, no need for anybody to be upset, because I'm not upset. You know what I'm saying, No need for nobody to be upset. We all do our best in life. That's all we can do. They came back and they said, he gone gone. I said, gone gone. He said he gone that man, y'all must not know me. You must not know by me. You must not know by me, and be no. Everybody up here though, Okay, they know I stand a month and we just made what I just made the flight, not me.
Speaker 2: I was at theirport for an hour, for an hour, eating cool, talking to the good people of Atlanta.
Speaker 9: You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 2: They had a great time, a great time in the at L yesterday.
Speaker 11: All right, Well, when we.
Speaker 1: Come back, we got your rumor report. We got to talk. Uh. We were telling you about Sugar Night and the Tupac murder and everything. There's some more updates will give you. We'll fill you in when we come back. It's the Breakfast Club. Good morning morning everybody. It's d J n V. Charlamage to God. We are the Breakfast Club. Let's get to the rumors. Let's talk Keithy D and Shug.
Speaker 11: Of names or you've gossip been when this is the rumor report?
Speaker 28: I mean, I guess were on the breakfast club.
Speaker 1: This is where the tea spells right right now. If you've been following this story. Last week they arrested somebody for the murder of Tupac Shakur.
Speaker 2: That somebody has a name.
Speaker 1: His name is Keithy D. Now, Keithy D has been on kind of on a press run trying to promote his book. And in the book he details what happened that night, and he sat down with Vlad and talked about what happened that night, which has kind of been used as a confession.
Speaker 32: Got to the light, he's going to go drink and swalks weed and he happened to be hanging out.
Speaker 11: The window Tupoct. So what happens next?
Speaker 32: And we just came I ain't gonna go into details like that.
Speaker 27: Well, in the book, you said that as you're driving up towards the BMW would Shug driving and Tupac in the passenger seat, and you said the Tupac pulled out a gun.
Speaker 32: I look like he was reaching. Yeah, did you actually see a gun once you got the reaching, I got the dunking.
Speaker 27: So someone from your car started shooting at Tupac and Shog.
Speaker 32: I'm not gonna go into details on that one.
Speaker 27: I'm gonna go ahead and read from the book this was on. Tupac made an erratic move and began to reach down beneath his seat. Instead, Pock pulled out a strap and that's when the fireworks started. One of my guys from the backseat grabbed the clock and started busting back. The first shot skin Shug in the head, and I thought that mother was dead and he was the one touched. As the rounds continued flying, I ducked down so I wouldn't get hit batically.
Speaker 8: Yeah, that sounded like a rat. I shot skimmed him in the head. Thought that mother effort was dead. Shut y'all, Negro, just be interviewing and writing yourself right in the prison. And I'm not even joking when I say this, man, Vlad TV should win a Peabody dropping the clues bump of blat TV. I know that KEVD sat down and did a lot of other interviews with a lot of other people, but if Lad TV with any other type of journalists other than hip hop he would win a Peabody Award because it wasn't just his conversations with KEVD.
Speaker 2: It was his conversations with investigator.
Speaker 8: Police, police officers, other law enforcement people who knew Keith and Orlando and other people from Comton. You Blad did a lot of investigative journalism over the years that led to this outcome, which is why folks like Pis Morgan and other outlets are reaching out the VLAD and had them off for interviews, which is why the Las Vegas Police Department wanted vlads foot each correct for themselves. And I promise you if this was any other journalists other than a hip hop journalist, they'd be getting considered for some type of Peabody award or something.
Speaker 11: Right now.
Speaker 1: Wero TMZ spoke to Sug Knight and they asked Sugar about it and if he would actually testify against KVD, and this is what Sug said.
Speaker 13: The DA said as that keify D was in the car with his nephew and that presumably his nephew, according to the DA, is the one that shot Tupac, and that it was done with the full knowledge of keithy do they have it right.
Speaker 26: It was only two people in the car and talking aster the Tator story. I am in the Tata story. What I see it is. And I never had an bad to say about Orlando because number one, he wasn't a shooter. Number Two, he came to my ear and until to me go and tell the truth. They still didn't let.
Speaker 32: Me go, all right.
Speaker 1: And then he also talks if you would testify.
Speaker 13: They seemed to be saying that Orlando was the shooter and Keify was in on it, that he had full knowledge of what was going down, and it was revenge for Orlando getting beaten up by Tupac and his team at the MGM after the Tyson fight.
Speaker 22: Is that no?
Speaker 13: Then who shot Tupac? What?
Speaker 26: Andverson? So that's all I got to say about that point.
Speaker 13: To summarize, you are saying Orlando was not the shooter, although you won't say who the shooter was. You are not saying whether Keithy was involved in any way in the shooting. And you are saying that if you're called to testify by either side, you will not comply.
Speaker 11: You will not testify.
Speaker 9: Do I have that right?
Speaker 26: I wouldn't go ified?
Speaker 2: Man, being a street negro the way.
Speaker 8: It is just too complicated, too too comp Imagine being that old and still abiden by street rules, like if you're blessed enough to get old as a street negro.
Speaker 2: Man, you don't have to die one.
Speaker 8: I at some point, I would think that you would want to, you know, do right by the family, you know, help the family get the closure that they need or something.
Speaker 2: I would think.
Speaker 9: Yeah.
Speaker 1: And lastly, Black China, they said that she's selling all of her possessions to be able to pay her attorneys. Now people are making fun of her online. That's because she's allegedly selling her belongings, which includes personal items like bags, shoes, and clothes. They say that she's brought in over one hundred and seventy eight thousand dollars this year from selling her personal items, and people are making fun of that.
Speaker 2: I don't see a problem with that, y'all crazy.
Speaker 8: I don't know why that's funny to y'all, Because, boy, them tables can turn fast, That's what I'm saying. You never know when you might be in the type of situation where you know you're gonna need some money for something.
Speaker 2: Life comes at you fast. So I'm not mad at that young lady having to do that.
Speaker 1: But at least she has items that's actually worth something that she can actually sell because a lot of people own things but it ain't worth issue.
Speaker 8: She got some assets that she could sell some of y'all gonna go broken. Y'all is gonna be out here selling ass and ain't nobody gonna wanna buy it, And then you're gonna really feel bad about your stuff. Bridge said, you're gonna be broken. You nobody gonna want to buy that broke ass you're selling? Then what Jesus Okay, all right, well that is your rumor report. I'm laughing at people for being in a bad situation because that could be you at any moment in time.
Speaker 10: That's right.
Speaker 1: And Charlamagne were giving that donkey too.
Speaker 8: Man for after the hour, we need American Airlines to come to the front of the congregation.
Speaker 2: We would like to have a word with him police.
Speaker 1: Okay, we'll get to that next. Don't move. It's to breakfast club. Good morning, the breakfast Club.
Speaker 11: Your mornings will never be the same.
Speaker 1: Was Donkey up today?
Speaker 23: Time?
Speaker 26: Damn?
Speaker 1: But he hogged.
Speaker 11: It's time for Donkey the King. I mean trying to beat donkey today.
Speaker 5: No more.
Speaker 8: They should be embarrassed by what they already did. I'm not making these people do these days.
Speaker 28: Called donkey of the day, and it really caught me off guard.
Speaker 19: Damn Charlomagne, who got the donkey out of the day today?
Speaker 8: Well, just hilarious donkey today for Wednesday, October fourth. Case the American Airlines. Now, if you haven't heard, there is a singer about the name of David Ryan Harris. He's an American singer, songwriter, and guitarist.
Speaker 11: He's got some.
Speaker 8: Albums out, but most importantly, he's a father and a husband. Okay, no greater role for men and no greater position for a man to be in than being a father and a husband. When God blesses us with a family, dropping the clues bonds for all the brothers out there that got families, and American Airlines totally violated his brother and his family because they accused him of trafficking his own children. I can't make this kind of stuff up. Let's go to CBSLA for the report.
Speaker 2: Please.
Speaker 35: Musician David Ryan Harris was flying from Atlanta to lax with his two sons, Truman and Hendrix. He shared in an Instagram post. When they got off the plane, four police officers were waiting for them.
Speaker 30: Apparently a flight attendant had called ahead with some sort of concern that perhaps my mixed children weren't my children.
Speaker 35: Harris took to social media more than a week after the flight because he says he never received a response from American Airlines Customer service about the incident with his kids.
Speaker 30: We're met embarrassingly so by this AA employee and police officers. There are many steps as you could have taken before she lobbed the hand grenade of having the authorities calls.
Speaker 35: Harris shared on his social media. It wasn't until American Airlines saw a story on their Twitter feed that an agent reached out just days ago with an apology and ten thousand frequent flyer miles.
Speaker 30: I had to go through a ticket counter, I had to pass federal agents. It's just stop with the federal agent once we get pass TSA. I don't want to hear from a flight attendant about what kind of hunch they have.
Speaker 2: Af your hunch. Okay, flying while black is such a real thing.
Speaker 9: You know.
Speaker 8: It's bad enough when you on a flight and you in first class and you black, you know if folks don't know who you are. Depending on your height, they ask if you play basketball? You know, depending to ask you that I didn't say they did? Did I ain't say nothing by me?
Speaker 2: Okay?
Speaker 8: Depending on your bill, they ask if you play football or box. I've been asked that before. Live okay, cap Sometimes they assume you're a rapple.
Speaker 32: All right.
Speaker 8: That's why Sometimes when I'm on the plane and people are saying, what's up to me?
Speaker 9: Is?
Speaker 8: They get on it's always some old Caucasian asking what I do? I tell them I'm a world famous proctologists. Over fifty billion colon rectum and anus is served. Then I say are you having any digestive issues? They always reply you're a pretty popular proctologist. So it's bad enough we have to go through that kind of profile. And but to be a black man in America to be traveling with your kids, biracial or otherwise and get accused of trafficking man, embarrassing is not as strong enough word.
Speaker 2: How traumatized it is it for you and the kids?
Speaker 11: Okay?
Speaker 8: What about these kids? I would like to know cause you to think this man was trafficking? Were they crying that? Did it look like they were in discress. What was the signs that you saw that made you react like this because there had to be signs, because there were no legitimate sign or signs other than skin color.
Speaker 2: Then guess what sign you see the most in your head? Whites only?
Speaker 8: Okay, Now, the good brother David Ryan Harris, he went on Instagram Live and he asked some things to say.
Speaker 30: There are all sorts of laws on books that I can't believe exist, and there are some things that I think that should be laws that are not currently. One of those things being the fact that children don't currently have to to show identification to fly with a parent or guardian. In the United States, local DMVs will allow you to get a state issue ID for miners under the age of eighteen, provided you have proper documentation of guardianship. I think implementing a law like this will go a long way in terms of eradicating child trafficking, particularly in commercial airlines, and it would also keep scenarios like the scenario that happened to my family and I from occurring in the first place.
Speaker 8: Yes, we need some laws change because we need something to eradicate child trafficking, but it also will reduce the cases of being profiled, because yes, flying while black is a real thing.
Speaker 11: Is a real thing.
Speaker 2: Okay, it's a real thing. When my oldest daughter was younger, that happened to me.
Speaker 8: The staff came over and asked if that was my daughter, then asked her if I was her father, I replied, I hope.
Speaker 5: So.
Speaker 2: Okay, do y'all know something I don't know?
Speaker 8: All right, American Airlines, you can't just assume white kids, bi racial kids with a black man are in danger.
Speaker 9: Okay.
Speaker 8: I guess all these commercials and ads that are politically correct that have all these interracial, mixed race couples, I guess those aren't helping the dam thing, because nobody should be alarmed when they see a black man with biracial kids. And it's the principle we know, we notice is only happening because David Ryan Harris is black. Okay, y'all don't want us to play the race card. But what else we're supposed to play?
Speaker 9: Who know?
Speaker 8: And that is what's always so frustrating about these topics, because we know what it is, and it pisses you off having to act like you don't know what it is. Simply because you can't prove what it is, Okay, And I don't know if this happens to other races. I don't know if white people traveling with adopted black little babies or whatever he gets ell you was saying back in the day get the same treatment.
Speaker 2: Okay.
Speaker 8: Now, American Airlines did apologize, all right, they said, to summarize our investigation, we and our flight attendant realize that our policies regarding suspected human trafficking were not followed, and through coaching and counseling, our flight attendant realizes that their interaction and observations did not meet the criteria that human trafficking was taking place. Our flight attendant in question wanted to make sure that you are aware that they sincerely offer a heartfelt apology to you and your family for the actions and the results that their actions generated.
Speaker 2: Nope, that's not gonna cut it.
Speaker 8: I need college to wish it for my biracial children, all right, for the emotional and mental pain you cost. Since y'all like to see color so much, how about y'all see the color green and cut me a check. Please give American Airlines the biggest sea hull. Come on, man, I really don't know. Do we know if this happens with the white people traveling with black little babies?
Speaker 2: I'm sure not black widow babies. I'm sure not black whittle babies.
Speaker 1: All right, well, thank you for that, donkey.
Speaker 2: Today it is Ellie was wild with that one. Black widow babies. Don't remember that? No, remember Harry or had the song black widow Babies.
Speaker 1: I don't remember that. Okay, I don't think most people do. All right, Well record b e T will seey'all later. Everybody else, let's open up the phone lines. Eight hundred five, eight five one. Do you have a story while filing, while filing while flying black? I'd love to hear your flying wild black story eight hundred. I haven't had a story like that with my kids, but I'm sure of people have. And you said that happened to you one time.
Speaker 8: Oh and just for the record, for anybody that's new here, I don't have biracial children. I'm married to a beautiful black woman.
Speaker 1: Okay, that's what you mend. It's happened to me one time.
Speaker 8: Well, y'all don't know Charlomagne naw. Okay, well get to know me, because if you know me. You know, yeah, that wouldn't happen. I'm believing black love and eight hundred five A five five one. Let's discuss this is that happened to you? Have you have a story about flying black.
Speaker 2: Let's just all black.
Speaker 1: Eight hundred five A five one oh five one. It's the Breakfast Club. Good morning, the Breakfast Club. It's topic time.
Speaker 4: Eight hundred five five one five one to join it to the discussion with the Breakfast Club.
Speaker 1: Morning everybody. It's DJ n V Charlomagne the God. We are the Breakfast Club. Now if you're just joining us. Charlemagne gave donkey of the day to.
Speaker 8: Who man American Airlines because they gave a good brother named David Ryan Harris.
Speaker 2: They accused him of trafficking his own children.
Speaker 8: That is wild, but it made me think about, you know, flying wild black because you know, I'm a black man married to a black woman, got for a beautiful black daughters. And I remember when my oldest daughter was younger, you know, we were together on the plane and like the staff came over and asked if that was my daughters and they asked her if I was, you know, her father, And I remember I replied I hope so. But what you didn't realize in that moment is that was a case of flying wild black Like why do they think that just because I'm a black man right flying with my younger daughter, that I'll be trafficking? Like do you have a stereotype of black men in your head? And black men don't take care of their children. So if you see a black man with a child, that automatically alarms you stop it right.
Speaker 1: Well, I didn't have those type of problems.
Speaker 2: You're Dominican, No, why would you have a fly.
Speaker 1: I did have a Dominican problem. One time I was flying back from I believe it was d All, of course, and Motherland. I was doing a show out there, and they pulled me to the side. They thought I was actually Dominican, and they pulled me to the I'm not. They thought I was trafficking or they kept acting me Spanish, asking me Spanish. They went through my luggage and they checked my passport like three four times cause they thought I was impersonating somebody else. That happened and the only other time is every time I do travel. Doesn't happen that much anymore. But they would always check my my boarding past.
Speaker 2: So you say no.
Speaker 8: Espanol when they asking you if you know Spanish, you know, like I would say no, like a Spanish person will say, speak no English. Do you say no Espanol?
Speaker 1: I do, But they would put me to the side, like they might say, all right, first class boarder now, and then they'd be like, sir, I said first class, Like they would do stuff like that, or if I'm sitting in my seat, they're like, sir, can I see your ticket? When they don't ask anybody else in first class to see their ticket. So I do get stuff like that. But other than that, No, I haven't had any problems with my kids and I trying to play baseball kids.
Speaker 2: What what's wrong with you?
Speaker 26: Man?
Speaker 2: You play?
Speaker 11: Yeah? What's wrong with you?
Speaker 2: You play for the Yankees?
Speaker 12: Man?
Speaker 10: Hello?
Speaker 1: Who's this Brandon? Man? What's something?
Speaker 10: What's going on with bro?
Speaker 2: I feel like I do. I hear some South Carolina and your boys?
Speaker 32: Nah man, Louis Louis.
Speaker 1: Now, this is what happen when are you flying black?
Speaker 12: Bro?
Speaker 10: So this happened like when the Saints was going to the Super Bowl. So my dad used to work for the airlines, like loading the planes, and they used to pay chances for the for the for the flight. So only thing is whoever bought the tickets first had to load the plane, so that then older white lady was trying to upgrade her tickets the first class, and it just so happened only two seats that was developed for us to see them.
Speaker 9: Was first class.
Speaker 10: So she was like high and little see. So when she got on the plane, she asked her she said, well, where y'all going? And we was like, we're going to the super Bowl. She was like, well, ain't that good?
Speaker 9: Congratulations for y'all? And I was hear hear the.
Speaker 10: Racism in our eyes. It was like I was like, I was like, if she congratulate us for the super Bowl because I'm black in first class and not only that, the steward was coming through with like the hundred buns and the looking and stuff and this is my first time ever on the flight and she just kept paying sing us up, what the.
Speaker 2: Hell airline was you on with? They had honey buns. I ain't never got off buns no airlines, bro, Bro.
Speaker 10: I'm lower lying, bro. They had hundred buns zebra cakes.
Speaker 2: Maybe don't stop you on line? What airline was this? Cat man, No, cap, what airline South was?
Speaker 9: What I know?
Speaker 2: Stop South was?
Speaker 8: Ain't got no goddamn little Debbie cakes and no honey buns and no zebra cakes.
Speaker 2: Oh you tell me no, lie like that.
Speaker 1: I ain't never heard that.
Speaker 11: Hello, Yes, ne.
Speaker 8: Would be No, there's no first class on Southwest, cap. Let me look, let me make sure.
Speaker 1: Hello, who's this?
Speaker 21: This is Katrina? Good morning?
Speaker 1: Hey, Katrina, good morning.
Speaker 9: Talk to us.
Speaker 21: Well, I've never personally had anything happen where it with me and my children. But I was in the airport and in Jacksonville International Airport and there was a white guy with a little black boy, and initially it looked like maybe he was helping him find his parents, until it looked like he started walking towards the exit and the little boy was looking like he was pulling away to go in the opposite direction, and the man was like holding his hand really aggressively. And I didn't know who you tell, And so I ended up going to one of the slight attendants at one of the gates, and they were the ones that when you see something like that. They told me that you're supposed to notice by one of them, and she made me give her description of the man and the child, and she alerted to USA and they went looking for the man and the little boy.
Speaker 1: So you snitched on him? Did they stop him?
Speaker 9: What did you?
Speaker 1: Did you save the day?
Speaker 11: Or was that his kid?
Speaker 21: I couldn't tell because I had to get on my flight.
Speaker 2: I'm gonna tell you why. That's not fair.
Speaker 8: That's not fair because I have a very rowdy eight year old. She's eight now, but she's been rowdy. She's rowdy her whole life, and certain points, at certain points, she gets these ideas in her head, like she don't want to ride on elevators, So we don't notice until we get to the elevator, right, So we getting up to the elevator at the air point and.
Speaker 2: She running away and all kind of stuff. I got a change behind her, and in my mind, I'm.
Speaker 8: Thinking that the lords over Himfore they think I'm out here traffic or something crazy like I haven't see.
Speaker 1: You with a young girl chasing a young girl. I'm calling the police, But that's insane.
Speaker 2: But just think about that. So that's right. Some kids are just unruly at times.
Speaker 1: You can't just be doing that just because you see some un grabb them up crazy like you want to because there's somebody gonna call the police on you.
Speaker 22: Why not?
Speaker 2: It's my child all right? By the way, that don't do that.
Speaker 8: But I'm just saying to you that that's I respect what that lady did, but you gotta be cautious about stuff like that.
Speaker 1: But she is being cautious. She's just calling authorities for them to check because she's not gonna go check.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but how authority is gonna roll up when they check?
Speaker 1: But they're gonna ask and say, hey, is this your daughter? And then you know they're not gonna be that nice. Show me pictures.
Speaker 2: You know they're not gonna be that nice. But all the time, you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 1: But if it is a case where somebody is, you know, kidnapping a girl, there's some trafficking, you're right.
Speaker 8: But the reality of the situation is, man. You know, I'm gonna tell you how you can tell if an officer roll up and they be like, is.
Speaker 2: This your child? Yes?
Speaker 11: This is mine?
Speaker 2: You think I'll be putting up with this?
Speaker 9: The other thing?
Speaker 5: You know?
Speaker 1: Eight hundred five eight five one o five one. We're talking about flying Black. Have you had an incident on the airline. Let's discussed. It's the Breakfast Club. Good morning, the Breakfast Club.
Speaker 11: It's topic time.
Speaker 4: Called eight hundred and five A five one five one to join into the discussion with the breakfast club.
Speaker 2: Talk about it morning everybody.
Speaker 1: It's DJ Envy Charlamagne, the guy we are the Breakfast Club. Now he's just joining us. We're talking about flying Black. Charlamagne gave donkey to daya.
Speaker 8: Who American airlines man because they profiled a singer by the name of David Us.
Speaker 2: David's name home? You pull up Day's name, David? What the hell is this David? Why can I not find it?
Speaker 3: Right?
Speaker 1: David Bannon?
Speaker 2: David Russell was not David Bannon. I cannot find it at the moment.
Speaker 8: But they pull over a singer named David h because he got profiled and they said that he was trafficking his own children.
Speaker 2: Unbelievable.
Speaker 1: What's his name?
Speaker 2: David Harris?
Speaker 1: David Harris.
Speaker 32: Here you go.
Speaker 1: It's alute to David Bannon too, all right, so we'll open up. Only David I know is Banner. That's the only one I know of eight hundred and five A five one O five. When we're asking have you had a problem flying black. Let's go to the phone lines. Hello Maya, Yes, hey Maya. Now now we're talking about flying black? Or now what happened with you?
Speaker 20: So me and my son we were at the Fort Fort Lauderdale Airport waiting for our planes to come to go to Saint Thomas. To my son, he was like money or old. He's never flown anywhere, so he was just overwhelmed. And this couple kept like looking back at us, you know, like just you know, like a couple looking back at us or whatever. And they were like, maybe you need to see him.
Speaker 22: Do you have money to buy him food?
Speaker 3: Like do you wow?
Speaker 9: I want us to buy him some food.
Speaker 20: I'm like, we're good.
Speaker 27: You know.
Speaker 20: It was just so weird and I never felt like so offended. I don't know if they meant it that way, but they.
Speaker 2: Definitely were like, you know, let me ask you a question. Were you wearing a bonny?
Speaker 1: I was thinking the same thing, like how did you look where? They asked you if you needed food.
Speaker 12: I didn't know how to look.
Speaker 8: I was just like, oh, we're good or whatever, and they was like you door, we can go over there.
Speaker 20: And they didn't buy you some where.
Speaker 2: Are you wearing a bonnet? Dope?
Speaker 20: Oh my gosh, I can't remember.
Speaker 18: I don't think I was, because I was going on the trip.
Speaker 26: My hair was done.
Speaker 2: Okay, okay, okay, okay, my goodness.
Speaker 35: All right, Aaron, Good morning, Aaron, Good Morning's Aaron from Betrayed.
Speaker 1: We're talking about Flying Black.
Speaker 9: What happened you?
Speaker 10: So?
Speaker 22: My sister called me at like one o'clock in the morning. My niece was on the fly. She's sixteen. She was coming home from Phoenix and two white men.
Speaker 21: Approached her and basically had badges and said come with me.
Speaker 5: Delsa did nothing.
Speaker 33: They just left it alone.
Speaker 9: The fence was involved, no call back, no nothing.
Speaker 11: So what happened, was your niece?
Speaker 22: She called her mom screaming that to men were trying to.
Speaker 10: Wow, we're trying to talk to her.
Speaker 2: Oh, so it was it was two people pretending to be some type of authority.
Speaker 18: Yes, after they after TSA, I don't know how they were able to do that, they show a badger.
Speaker 9: And then what she called her mom screaming, they ran off. Dang.
Speaker 2: Wow, yep, I'm glad she did that. I'm glad she had to wear it with all the you know, scream and run off.
Speaker 21: Absolutely yeah, and Jelta did nothing so flying wild black right.
Speaker 1: Well, thank you so much, mama.
Speaker 9: Yep.
Speaker 1: What's the more on to the story, if there is a mar I.
Speaker 8: Mean, the more of the story is man profiling is whack, you know, and it's a shame that whether you're driving or flying as a black person, you got to deal with this type.
Speaker 32: Of stuff, you know.
Speaker 1: Yeah, But I also, I also, I don't want to say I understand, but if you're a white woman traveling with a white baby, it's hard to say, well, is that person trafficking? But if the baby looks and I guess they do it off a look. So if the baby looks nothing like the mom or the dad, I guess they try to figure out that's profile, and it is profiling. But that's it is profile.
Speaker 8: And I think that you know, there should be like severe consequences, you know, when you get that wrong, because the embarrassment and the shame and the trauma you can cause a family can cause.
Speaker 2: Parents, you know, is unreal.
Speaker 1: But should every parent when you travel and you fly be able to have to have an identification? And I know people say, well, what identification you have to have? A passport if you travel out the country, whether it's a baby or not, but at least you have to have something so you know that that kid is with that family, because you know, you don't know, because on the airport, you could take any kid and say it's your kid and walk right through it. You could drug the kid, put them in the in the in the in the stroller and walk right through. You know what I mean, there's no way of actually telling. How do you prevent it?
Speaker 8: I don't know, you know, I just know that they got to do a better job, and and and and stop, you know, just basing it off the color of somebody's skin.
Speaker 1: All right, when we come back, we got your room and report. We got to discuss outcasts. We got to congratulate them, and we'll get into it next. It's the Breakfast Club. Good morning morning everybody. It's the j n V. Charlamagne to God. We are the Breakfast Club. Let's get to the rumors. Let's talk Sexy Red name or you gossip chatty?
Speaker 11: Is the rumor report?
Speaker 28: I mean, I guess were on the breakfast Club.
Speaker 1: This is where the tea spells right, yes, all right, now, Sexy Read recently was doing an interview, and during the interview, she talked about numerous different things, like one, her baby daddy and why she wants her baby daddy to stay in jail.
Speaker 6: Jail because he's safer in the streets ain't safe. He used to be getting his shootouts and stuff, all kind of trouble. So when he got locked up, it sat him down.
Speaker 11: To keep him off the street.
Speaker 1: I'm gonna keep him out live living because it's not.
Speaker 11: That but he might be inspired off what you got going.
Speaker 1: And he wanted to do right, Nah, because y'all to kill together. No, I ain't waiting him to day. He ain't turned up. I'm jealous. I'm gonna hate on him if he turned up. So I was on the Maresias Show, and then she also talks to the.
Speaker 8: Show, I don't know why he trying to convince her, uh that that that her baby daddy should be out. She know her baby daddy better than all of us, so she said, her baby daddy, she's staying there.
Speaker 2: Hey, you might need to stand there.
Speaker 1: And she also talks about Donald Trump. Hey is the do you think more people are gonna support Trump now?
Speaker 6: And then yeah, they support him in the hood because at first, I don't think people him like they thought he was racist, saying luis and you know, against women. But once he started getting black people out of jail and giving people their free money.
Speaker 7: Oh baby, we love Trump. We need him back in office. Yeah, that a little bit of free money goes a long way. We need him back.
Speaker 9: Check.
Speaker 7: Oh yeah, some stimular checks. Trump, we miss you.
Speaker 2: That's like woe VICKI.
Speaker 9: She's always talking about Trump. You see.
Speaker 7: However, I like Trump. No, I ain't never seen what she's funny. I love Trump.
Speaker 6: He funny to me, like I used to watch his interview not interviews like him talking to people.
Speaker 7: He used to be calling people fat. He just funny, like people like him.
Speaker 2: That was on theo von Show.
Speaker 8: That still Vonne told me I was beautiful when funny Marchael was on the show, he said that was beautiful, had variant depth breakdown of how beautiful he thinks I am. But any that's sexy red his opinion. I don't agree. But there is quite a few people in the hood who feel that way. Like you know, they'll they'll say Trump got folks out of jail, Trump gave people stimulus checks, and Trump is funny that's enough for some folks. That is you know me personally, I don't want a person that's taking us into fascism, and I don't want to lead it at doesn't believe in the Constitution. Anytime you hear a person say let's suspend the Constitution, you know, I mean overturn the results of an election, that's.
Speaker 1: Not somebody I want leading America. Somebody who believes in the constitution sounds kind of crazy. And also, we got to salute outcasts. Outcasts is the speaker Box. Love Below project is officially thirteen times platinum, and it's officially the highest selling rap album of all times.
Speaker 2: Dropping the clues bond for Outcasts. Damning Outcast is ever last.
Speaker 1: Thing surpassing Eminem's two thousand and two project, The Eminem Show, which was twelve times platinum. So salute to Outcasts and big Boys spoke about it.
Speaker 4: Happier Anniversary was speaking about his Love Below twenty years over thirteen million, diamond in thirty I'm gonna get a diamond in the three five.
Speaker 1: That's what you want, right, That's right.
Speaker 8: Your music should stay in the test of time. You know, everybody's trying to make things for the moment, you know what I mean. But when you go in that studio and you tap into your true authentic self and you make something that is truly from the heart, right and truly original issue stay in the test of time.
Speaker 1: I will tell you this, though. You know, hip hop is fifty and it's all these shows and concerts. That's one concert that I would love to see. I would love to see you on tour. And I know that Andred two thousand Big Boy are not touring together, but I would love to see that tour. I would go check out that tour and see all their classics, their hits. I think the world deserves it. You think the world deserves it. I think they need it too.
Speaker 8: I mean you can also say maybe the Big Boy and Andre deserve a break for all the music.
Speaker 2: That they gave.
Speaker 1: Was that had a long enough break. They had a long enough break a.
Speaker 2: Right, Who are you to tell him that they might be enjoying it. I know they enjoying their lives. You're right, them guys are living their life.
Speaker 1: But I definitely would love to see that tour. Check that tour out.
Speaker 2: I would like to walk around the world with a flute for the last decade and not do nothing.
Speaker 11: But you think what I want to do?
Speaker 1: You think about all of them that life we don't get to see anymore. Like whether it's Mob Deep, you know, because Prodigy passed away, or it's run DMC and jam Aster J because jam Master J passed away, or the Megs. You know, that's just somebody that you would love to see before something. Get I get what you're saying, you know, but they don't called quest you know. I get what you're saying, but they don't owe us anything. Dayla Soul.
Speaker 8: I get what you're saying, but they don't owe us anything. They've given us enough, but they don't. They don't owe us anything. It'd be great if they did, but they don't owe us anything. You're right, all right, Well that is your rumor report. Now the People's Choice mixes up. Next, get your requesting. Now it's the Breakfast Club. Good morning, the Breakfast Club. Your mornings will never be the same.
Speaker 2: Good morning.
Speaker 1: Everybody is the j n V. Charlamagne the guy. We are the Breakfast Club again. Shout out to everybody that we ran into in Atlanta this yesterday. We were out there for the b ET Awards.
Speaker 8: Yeah, That's why I can't say it was a total waste of time, man, because you know, it always is a beautiful thing when you go outside and you you know, get to see people, whether it's at the airport, you know, whether it's at the actual awards show.
Speaker 2: You know, people that listen to the Breakfast Club all the time. You know, show us love.
Speaker 8: I appreciate it. So I can't say it was a total waste of time. Yeah, well, I don't think it was a waste of time, you know what I mean. Listen, we were yesterday where we were supposed to be in that moment in time, so I'm not even tripping. I do want to say salute everybody that's coming out to my third annual Mental Health Expo this Saturday, October seventh at the Marriott Marquee and Times Squaz from eleven am to four pm. It is a free event. Make sure you go to mentalwealthexpo dot com, the register.
Speaker 9: You know.
Speaker 8: I bring together some of the best therapists and psychiatrists in the country and mental health advocates as well as mental health experts. Doctor Alfi Breeland Noble will be there, Doctor Rita Walker will be there.
Speaker 2: My man Carson Daley, who's a big mental health advocate. He'll be there.
Speaker 8: My good sister Angela Ryle will be there. Brandon Marshall will be there. We just got a whole day of panel for anybody looking to get started on their healing journey.
Speaker 2: Man.
Speaker 8: My third annual Mental Effects Bo's Saturday at the Marriott Marquis and Tom Square from eleven am to four pm. It is free, free, free, free, free, a free event, all right, so pull up and I got a salute our good sister Jess Hilario. She's gonna be in Arlington, Texas this week's weekend at the Arlington Improv. She has a show tomorrow night, Thursday, October fifth, at seven point thirty p m. Okay, and she's got shows Friday and Saturday too, but all those are sold out.
Speaker 2: But you can go to Improv Texas dot com.
Speaker 8: That's improvtx dot com for more information on the shows this weekend.
Speaker 1: Absolutely all right. When we come back, we got the positive notes, so don't move. It's the breakfast Club. Good morning morning. Everybody is dej nv Charlomagne the gud. We are the breakfast Club. It's time to get up out of here Charlamane, you got a positive note?
Speaker 2: Yes man?
Speaker 8: This positive note is simple, Okay. I just want you all to know everybody f's up. Simple and plan everybody fs up. But it's the steps you take after that f up that defines the person you truly are.
Speaker 2: Have a nice day, breakfast club bitches.
Speaker 1: Do y'all finished or y'all done