Speaker 1: Today show is pre recorded.
Speaker 2: Y'all know what time.
Speaker 3: Y'all don't know y'all at.
Speaker 4: All, So.
Speaker 5: Don't given a.
Speaker 6: Bus and easy.
Speaker 7: Yeah, listening to show to hand, I want to join.
Speaker 4: Yeah. Joy. They say.
Speaker 2: You gotta.
Speaker 4: Turn out, you love turn, you gotta turn. I came.
Speaker 1: Not to turn the mouth turn.
Speaker 4: You probably got to turn the mouth turn al the mon aga loo.
Speaker 3: Come come on, you're thinking, huh, I sure will. Good morning everybody you are listening to the voice, Come on digmy now.
Speaker 2: One and only Steve Harvey got a radio show.
Speaker 3: Why because God, God is in the blessing business. If you go get in line, he has something for you. God is amazing. The plan he actually has for you is so far greater than you can possibly imagine. It's really mind blowing. And as I look back on where He's brought me from and what he's currently doing for me, all I can do is tell you is God. That's all I can tell you. Because I tell you right now, I didn't foresee it.
Speaker 2: You know.
Speaker 3: It oftentimes amazes me when I listen to celebrities when they interview, how they say, you know, I always always thought that this would happen for me and I just you know, it could be true, but for me, it's not that way at all.
Speaker 2: I didn't imagine it this way. I had a.
Speaker 3: Dream of becoming famous one day, but I had no idea it would ever get to this. It was a very very simple desire for fame. There is no way I could have seen all this. There is no way I am telling you this is. This has been nothing for me but the grace of God, and all the times I failed, every time I had fallen, he picked me up, He dusted me off, and he kept me moving. It has been an amazing thing to watch God do what he do. As I look back on my history and you sometimes look back on your history, you've got to see, man, wow, what God has done for you and what He's brought you through to enable you to be where you are. It is amazing because really, I mean really real talk. Now, had he allowed all of the decisions I had made to play all the way out, I can assure you I wouldn't be here today. But God, through this grace and mercy, who had a plan for me, who was just waiting on me to come get in line, and then he was gonna start emptying Now he was gonna start shipping out all the boxes in heaven with my name on it. And man, what a great god he is, What a great god he is. And you have boxes of blessings with your name on it that he is waiting to ship. But he needs you to go down there and get in line. That's what it is. It is not that he has more boxes for other people than he do you. He got boxes with your name on it who have never been shipped because.
Speaker 2: You will not get in line to go get them.
Speaker 3: You will not ask God for him, you will not do the things necessary to attain them.
Speaker 2: We stop our own blessings.
Speaker 3: Man, I have been the biggest stopper of my blessings than anybody else. I can't really get mad at nobody. I got nobody to blame for my existence but me. But then at the same time, I can't take credit for this. I really really can't.
Speaker 2: I kid you not. I cannot take credit for it.
Speaker 3: And if you ever see me taking credit for it, tap me on the shoulder, say Steve, pull up. Remember you said the same about you. If you catch me taking too much credit, you have my permission to stop me. Now Here is the deal, though, And This is what I want to get through to you today. Moving forward while under attack, new level, new devil. You know, every time you go somewhere, every time you try to progress, every time you make a decision to be better, to do better, that's going to be a confrontation you're going to have because it is the enemy's job to not see you go forward, do better, want more, behave yourself. There is a force that is operative out there that has people working on his behalf twenty four to seven. You got a computer, Go read a blog. Just go read a blog. They busy man not knowing, but just saying evil stuff constantly.
Speaker 2: That's the job. Well, here's what happens.
Speaker 8: I you.
Speaker 3: We have to always keep moving forward while we're under attack, because the attack is going to always come. If you allow the attackers to stop you, you will lose that particular battle. And you cannot afford this.
Speaker 2: You know.
Speaker 3: My father used to say, be careful when you're trying to kick somebody off the ladder, because you got to take your foot off too, and you might slip. And so when people are taking their feet off the ladder, most some of them, most the majority of them ain't even up own a ladder. They just at the bottom throwing stuff up at you. They are just shaking your ladder. They ain't even they ain't even on your level. Really tell you the truth, they really not. You have moved on far beyond them, spiritually, physically, everything, but they are still shaking your ladder and attacking.
Speaker 8: You.
Speaker 3: Keep moving forward while under attack, because the attacks are going to come. If you take the time to stop and address it, you are impeding your own progress.
Speaker 2: This is very important to understand.
Speaker 3: Go on bout your business and remember Steve Harvey and remember those of you out there. There is a Bible verse that helps me out every time.
Speaker 2: And I don't know why.
Speaker 3: I got it on six different plaques sitting all around my offices. Everywhere I go, I can read it Isaiah Fish seventeen. No weapon formed against me shall prosper that because this is that he will put me under his wings or protection.
Speaker 2: And this is my inheritance as a servant of the Lord period.
Speaker 3: I'm his boy, he my man, so so dig so when you're coming for me, I have to just rest on that Lord right there, that he got it that no weapon formed against me shall prosper. I'm just like you. Sometimes you know, we know better, but sometimes we don't do better. Man, let them say what they gonna say when they get through saying it, when they get through writing it, when they get through talking about you, when they get through lying about you. Guess what they're gonna have to do. They're gonna have to step back and watch your rise. They gonna have to kick back and watch what God got for you. Because nothing God got for you. Can't nobody stop it. I don't care what they do. Keep moving forward while under attack. Yo, something I tell you something, man. Minister Lewis fair Con taught me something very important one day.
Speaker 2: He said, Steve, remember this.
Speaker 3: He said. It is a common thing for a dog to bark up at the moon. But if the moon barks back at the dog, the dog becomes famous.
Speaker 2: You feel me, the moon was talking to you.
Speaker 9: What did you?
Speaker 2: How did the moon stop and.
Speaker 3: Talk to you? Don't give them that. Let the dog bark up at the moon. Don't you be up there? You go where God got you going? Don't bark back at this dog because the dog come famous. Because they ain't gonna be able to get to you, but the dog is famous. Now They want to interview the dog. Now the dog guess what he gonna do? More barking? Guess what about you?
Speaker 8: Man?
Speaker 3: Go on about your business, y'all. God is in the blessing business all day long. Man, Go get in line, get you some get them packages and boxes shipped to you.
Speaker 2: They got your name on it.
Speaker 9: You're listening Morning Show.
Speaker 2: Ladies and gentlemen, boys and girl.
Speaker 3: Without further ado, welcome to the Ride to Steve Harvey Morning Show. How this show on Earth? Baby, How this show on Earth? First of all, Man, I gonna say I'm grateful today. You know, I woke up this morning. I'm tell you the mistake I made. I didn't say thank you right away, my bag. I didn't and.
Speaker 2: I loud, I a loud.
Speaker 3: Something to get in my system this morning, and I lost my gratitude.
Speaker 2: So forgive me, father for not saying thank you this morning.
Speaker 3: I know better. I should have done better. But now I'm all right. I'm back on track. You know, sometimes then, folks, when you make a mistake, just got to get back up on the horse and ride again. We are the Steve Harvey Morning Show. Full of gratitude, full of the right attitude, and everything at everything Junior's not here today, so I can't go to Junior. Junior had a little situation in life and we're gonna deal with that. Prayers go out to or right now. But everybody and we on track this morning to have a great show. Everybody's here, ladies, gentlemen, Shirley Strawberry and knee calling for real that Mississippi Monica Junior's out today and the legend that is nephew Tommy, that steady growing Tommy Junior ain't here today. So I must dump this onto you. And I'm scared to ask this, but is there anything.
Speaker 10: Yes, I'm going to you from a parenting perspective, Okay, on parenting perspective, can you talk to the parents out there that's got twenty some year old children living at home because we gave them too much.
Speaker 2: While they was growing up.
Speaker 10: We gave them so much now they have no skill set they have they can't. It's just they can't take care of it. Down said, they can't change a flat, They can't. It just it just ain't a call for every little thing. It's just and it's our fault because.
Speaker 1: We did it.
Speaker 2: We did it. We created these monsters.
Speaker 8: But you did it.
Speaker 3: Tommy, because you tried to provide for them a better life than the one you had. But in that we create and we enable a generation of entitled and it was I was guilty of it for a little while myself. I ain't gonna lie. I talked to a lot of people who have done better than their parents did, and so they gave their children a better life and as kind of backfired. That's why many times, I don't know, I lived my life in regret because Falster Care was available, I should have put the ass in it just didn't. That was one of the things I look back on and regret not utilizing all the tools that were available to me. After parent put his ass in Falster Care for just six months and let him see what it was like, I think it would have had a better appreciation when it came back. It is a tough thing to reverse, but you can slowly do it. You gotta start putting strict requirements on them while they're at that house in terms of task to accomplish anything that they don't accomplish desert instant. I know they don't tell me, but you just have to try to, like, you know, brush your own teeth, try stuff like that. You have to put you have to put something on them though, you know, butting your damn shit.
Speaker 10: You don't miss no holes at their parents' house.
Speaker 2: Man, we gotta go.
Speaker 11: Coming up in thirty minutes after the hour, thirty two minutes after the hour, we'll hear from the nephew again as he.
Speaker 1: Runs that prank back right after this.
Speaker 9: You're listening hard Morning show.
Speaker 1: It is time now for the nephew to run that prank back. What you got for his.
Speaker 2: Nep I got what I had yesterday. We running it back.
Speaker 10: This right here is I got papers on that man. I got papers on that man. There's a lot of ladies out there think they got some papers. I got papers on that man. All right, we're gonna see. We're gonna see cat dog if you if you could cat dog.
Speaker 8: Hello, Hello, I'm trying to reach Uh. Is this Phyllis? Yes, speaking to all right Phillis. This is this is time down at the time I worked out here with Clym, your husband Clem.
Speaker 12: Okay, yeah, okay, how are you?
Speaker 8: I'm good. He's slipped and frills today what and uh he heard himself? Uh uh he got leaves a little shaken up here at the job. So what happened?
Speaker 3: What do you?
Speaker 12: What do you?
Speaker 13: What happened?
Speaker 8: Well, I think he'd he definitely pulled something in his back. But we now, who are you? Now?
Speaker 12: I his wife.
Speaker 8: I'm just my feeling, you're you're your feelings.
Speaker 13: That's right, that's right.
Speaker 8: Okay, Because we got listed that his wife is Janice and we tried to call her earlier but we didn't get answer.
Speaker 13: I'm his wife, so.
Speaker 8: I'm his wife.
Speaker 1: I don't know Janee?
Speaker 8: Who the hell is Janet? Janie is who we have listed for a contact? When? When? When it's emergency contact or something happened? Y'all got that mixed up. Y'all must have mixed that up somehow. He wouldn't have put no, no, damn Janice as his wife.
Speaker 12: I'm his wife, feel it?
Speaker 8: So I don't know who messed up.
Speaker 13: But that ain't right. I'm the wife.
Speaker 8: Okay, Well it has her listed as the wife and call her as a contact if something goes wrong. Well, I don't know what to tell you because I'm his wife now, don't I don't know who messed up on him. Hold on one second, let me let me click over one second of a call comes tack. One second.
Speaker 13: That's Janice on the diago.
Speaker 8: Okay, that was Jannis what she said. She she's gonna come out to the job, so you have no No, I'm coming out to the job.
Speaker 12: I'm his Wonfe.
Speaker 8: I don't know who.
Speaker 13: No jennefe is John.
Speaker 8: Need to get it straight because I'm she's gonna she's she said she's gonna come and take it to the doctor. No, she ain't come here nowhere.
Speaker 13: So I'm his wife.
Speaker 8: I'm taking it.
Speaker 12: You don't let you don't lease my husband an noobdy, I'm his freaking white.
Speaker 8: So y'all need to say, y'all that Janner says she'll be right here in ten minutes. Well, I got right.
Speaker 13: I bet I'll be letting ten minutes too.
Speaker 8: And I bet y'all better not release my husband or nobody.
Speaker 13: I'm as white.
Speaker 8: I don't know who, No jennif is, But y'all need to get that straight.
Speaker 13: I'm on my way. You tell Jane's and she beat me there to hold.
Speaker 8: That sister producing becomes very certificate papers or something to tell her to produce fat. I got the papers on that man. Okay. Well I'm just saying, uh, Janie is. He does have her on the list, man, so I can't What do you have on the list? Sir, I don't give it. What's on the list? Would on the list? Man? Why would her name be above your name on the list? You know what. I'm not gonna play this little ring around the rosie with you.
Speaker 14: I got papers on that, man, so you better meet Bessie'll best hold up until I get there and tell y'all want some more problem.
Speaker 8: I'm gonna release him to Dannis as soon as she gets this, sir, you better with least some husband, another body.
Speaker 12: All y'all be laid out on the floor.
Speaker 8: So I'm gonna tell you right now, if.
Speaker 2: My husband will thought when I'll get there, it's gonna be some full blown going down, So your best just wait till.
Speaker 8: I get there.
Speaker 13: This is a bunch of bully, but it's gonna on and I'll get that.
Speaker 12: I'm on her way.
Speaker 8: I don't got to hung up with you. I ain't got time to play with.
Speaker 13: You either, so I'm all my way. Because she don't have her for this, Janie might get a beat down, and your ass don't get the businesses.
Speaker 8: My husband ain't there.
Speaker 12: I hear you.
Speaker 13: I ain't trying to be growing bucking for what you're playing ring around the road.
Speaker 12: I'm a going as one I got, you said.
Speaker 13: So I'll seem much.
Speaker 8: I've got some business to take care of over the Okay, Well, well what am I supposed to do with Dennis? Like I said, If you tell that the home of stuff, I'm on my way. She's trying to represent like he me. That's trying to be me. Okay, you want to tell her?
Speaker 13: Why material? What?
Speaker 8: What do you? What do you want me to tell? Tommy?
Speaker 6: Who?
Speaker 10: Tommy?
Speaker 12: I don't even know the sorry who Tommy?
Speaker 8: That's me, baby. This is nephew Tommy from the Steve Halby Morning Show. Yo, slimming got me to pray, Paul call you.
Speaker 12: Okay?
Speaker 13: Why?
Speaker 8: Okay? Yeah, I'm don't.
Speaker 12: Know you set your hands over there.
Speaker 13: I just y'all like trying to get back what good I'm.
Speaker 12: Gonna get all y'all ass Hey, I got one more say what's the laddest radio What's the baddest radio show in the Layer.
Speaker 8: Street Show?
Speaker 10: And there you have it, and if you has done it again, this is the first stupid of the morning. And I'll be back within an hour to bring a little bit more a cup of teaspoons. Are stupid for you now in case you don't know anything about stupid.
Speaker 2: Stupid.
Speaker 10: It's making stops around the country. And the next stop is Coleen, Texas. Twice is Funny Comedy Club Friday, Saturday Sunday.
Speaker 2: Baby.
Speaker 10: That's one on Friday, two on Saturday, one on Sunday Sundays at four o'clock. So all you OJ's and come out and have a good time, okay. Laying in the cut. Right after that is Stockbridge, Georgia. At the Bridge. It's the Bridge Ample Theater. You don't want to miss it. That's me, that the lovely Monique, the legend herself. That's Rodney Perry in the building. That's Dominique in the building. And I believe that boy Tony Robberts, Oh Lord have Mercy is in the building. And then we're gonna slide on down to Chicago, Illinois. I told y'all about Chicago, didn't I tell you about Chicago?
Speaker 9: Yes?
Speaker 10: All right, there what I told y'all. I told y'all it was a whole lot of stupid wrapped up in the one. Didn't I say that? I said Gary Owens was in the building, I said, Tony Robberts was in the building. Bill Bellamie in the building, Melanie Camacho in the building. Uh huh, Benji Brown and Kevin Tate and hosted by the stupidest of them all, yours truly, nephew tom Me.
Speaker 2: Okay, all right, that's it.
Speaker 10: That's October twenty to twenty first Friday, and say they every crown. That's the sweetest day comedy jam Cherlis straw Bear, all.
Speaker 1: Right, thinking if you Tommy.
Speaker 11: Coming up next to is ask the Colo with her Chief Love Officer Steve Harvey. You're listening Steve Harvey Morning Show. Coming up at the top of the hour. Well, the month of October is Breast cancer Awareness month, so our good friend in leading OBGYN, doctor Jackie Walters that are known as doctor Jackie from the Bravo show Married to Medicine, will be joining us. Breast cancer is the second most common form of cancer in women and in men in smaller numbers. We'll discuss awareness and early detection. That's coming up, Like we said at the top of the hour, but right now it is time to ask the CLO. This one's from Coco and Vancouver. Coco writes, my husband is white, and he challenged my dad to a chili cook off. My dad said that in no way, ain't no way that a white boy can beat him making chili. My husband gets upset with my dad makes things black and white? How do I get my dad to stop?
Speaker 3: Your daddy finished? Stop your daddy know where it is black and white? What you want your daddy to do? You want your daddy reverse all these He is racism, all this miss he went through.
Speaker 2: You want your dadd to wipe it? Alco you doinss the little white dude.
Speaker 3: You know, daddy, your dad had been waiting to say stuff to him.
Speaker 2: I drein't not.
Speaker 3: Ain't no cute ass answer for this. Y'all know what's uping. He an old ass black dude. He been an old ass black dude his whole life. He know what's happening right here. He got a chance to say something to him. Ain't no way, no white boy friend make no chili?
Speaker 4: Better me?
Speaker 2: White paint? How better than me? How high white boy gonna paint? How better you think you can outplant me?
Speaker 3: Much cotton, wheat and pick you think you finna get out here and do some crops better than me. Boy, you white boy, you're gonna sit your heads down somewhere. Bobecute here, y'all, No, no, nothing about no Bob.
Speaker 2: Y'all grille is on.
Speaker 3: He is finally getting it in, and it's you're not going to change your daddy.
Speaker 2: I'm just gonna tell you that.
Speaker 1: So should her husband?
Speaker 11: Should her husband just stop challenging her daddy to cook off and competition?
Speaker 3: Should I make a chilling you? Oh look a here now, oh mister whitey oh, now you want to make chili?
Speaker 1: Now, white people can make good chili.
Speaker 2: What Yeah, they can.
Speaker 3: But you can't say you can't be the young white dude. Say that to the old black dude.
Speaker 9: You can't do that.
Speaker 2: Tell you right now, I'm an old room.
Speaker 10: Come in my house, talk lord to please the hell with your white ass chili?
Speaker 3: Yeah, I chill. All these chili gotta be black, y'all. See, y'all couldn't make reportere. That's where y'all came over with white chili. Stop putting chicken in it. The hell put chicken and.
Speaker 1: Chili, white chicken chili.
Speaker 2: That's what y'all. Y'all had come up. White chicken chili. Oh and you and you knew the little navy.
Speaker 3: Beans and all these little white Yeah, wow, it wasn't good enough for you, kitty beans. Wasn't good enough for you, he told, wouldn't good enough for you.
Speaker 2: Here, go find your little white beef. Beef wasn't good enough for you.
Speaker 4: Home.
Speaker 2: Now you drunk, chalking of chicken, putting it in damn chili.
Speaker 1: That's what her husband doesn't like that kind of talk.
Speaker 3: He just that he don't you stop talking to this old black man. He's not feel to change you love for slavery and everything. Oh this is his change?
Speaker 9: Is he married? Then she married a white man?
Speaker 1: Anyway?
Speaker 2: Oh, you know he cool with that. He walked all right, You know it's cool. But you ain't gonna come up in here challenge. This is blacks only. This is black's only.
Speaker 11: Chill, segregated, segregated.
Speaker 3: Oh look who talking whut trying to outwork somebody? Oh now y'all want to work.
Speaker 9: Now we're moving on, We're moving on.
Speaker 11: Shelley and Telsa says, my sister and I met for drinks after work, and she told my husband that we drank for free because my breasts were poking through my shirt, my husband's things. I dressed to provocatively to I address provocatively to get attention.
Speaker 1: So does he expect me to wear two bras to smush them?
Speaker 2: I see right there? Why am I in here talking about smushing breath? Well, I don't, I don't. I don't say yeah, So let me ask you have an opinion everything else? What a question? If you are heavy chested.
Speaker 11: So this question is inappropriate high it's starting off.
Speaker 3: You know that, right, But go ahead, Well, heavy chested is what I used to hear my aunt say. So I'm an old term trying to avoid lawsuit. If you heavy chested just wearing two bras do.
Speaker 1: Anything I don't wear too, bro, ask me that question.
Speaker 2: I'm just asking.
Speaker 9: I can answer that.
Speaker 12: Yeah.
Speaker 1: It helps when you're when you're working out. When you're working out.
Speaker 3: Let me ask you a question. If you not heavy chest, does it look good to wear two bras? Because we got to have all these.
Speaker 10: When you're not have tested you have more asking Monica. Now I'm sorry, we're moving on.
Speaker 5: Question.
Speaker 2: We're moving on. We're moving on. The question was in the UH in the CEL and I deferred to the experts on this show.
Speaker 3: Now, if y'all want me to be more inclusive than I am, and then don't get mad at me when I include we have experts.
Speaker 1: On this show, Carlos Carlos, I said, yes.
Speaker 2: So it's it just depends on how heavy.
Speaker 1: But it depends on.
Speaker 15: The drinks to what kind of cocktails are we talking about this?
Speaker 2: There was lemon drops right there, the lemon.
Speaker 4: One of my fastes.
Speaker 2: All right, Moving on to ye that was a tea.
Speaker 11: Melinda and Chesapeake says, I've fallen asleep on my boyfriend twice during sex. I don't do it on purpose, but he insists that I drink wine because it makes me perform better. Wine also makes me sleepy, so I pass out. How do I assure him that it's the wine and not him.
Speaker 3: Oh no, it's him. It's him playing. I don't care what you drink. If I'm in here, you do a lot of stuff. Sleep ain't one of them. I'm gonna take it. Waiting you up every time? Had full of him?
Speaker 2: But why do Yeah, it makes you sleepy, but has to come back to sleepy.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but prussure being applied here that's supposed to offset to sleep in the last time you went to sleep with your ankle up by your ear. Put the last time, I'm gonna say you with your ankle way over there, last time you.
Speaker 2: Would sleep different about some long vials up because I'm six too. Man my wingspan.
Speaker 3: If I spread my arm out like that, I gotta hell of Wingspand if you ain't gon out there in one of your hands, then the hides you sleep. He ain't doing a damn Thing's it is you and that's why you drink that wine. So you gonna go to sleep now because he ain't doing nothing. So you know that the wine makes you sleep, and you drink the wine. So you just gonna go to sleep now because he ain't doing a damn thing.
Speaker 2: It is him.
Speaker 3: Tell him the truth because he and that he ain't busting a graape. He just in here that all these noises and stuff sounds. You ever seen a little bit of car pull up to you and go, man, where all that noise come from? And then they got one of them h things on They muffler make it sound like it's a rumple. He done pulled up. It's a prius. Then when he pull up and it a little bit like a mopead, that's what he doing?
Speaker 2: He and the motor sounds little Betty co.
Speaker 1: All right, she fell asleep. All right, thank you, Cielo.
Speaker 11: Yes, coming up next, we're gonna talk to doctor Jackie Walters. October is Breast cancer Awareness month, right after the burglar.
Speaker 1: You're listening.
Speaker 9: Morning show?
Speaker 3: All right, everybody welcome, as promise we got special guests this morning. She's an obg y n. I've learned what that is. Back in two thousand and four, I was getting an interview on the radio. People, well, I just like to be transparent so people can't know you don't have to be perfect to become a success in life. I thought one word, So I introduced this lady one time, I said, ladies and gentlemen. She's a certified of oba gin and two times breast cancer surviving. Sure, o, old bitch, it's on the beat your paper, but it's actually it's a obg y n. She's also a two time breast cancer survival. She's a reality TV star, and she is the author of the book that I fell in love with last time, The Queen V.
Speaker 2: Yes it is, yes Lord, Yes Lord, it is the Queen V.
Speaker 3: Know that. And she's a podcast so she is also the founder of Fifty Shades of Pink Foundation, and she knows firsthand the importance of women's health. She's going to join us this morning to discuss the disparities in breast cancer outcomes for black women. October's Breast Cancer Weareness Month, so we want to start the month off by keeping you informed. So let's get to it, ladies, and please welcome back to the show our friend, doctor Jackie Walters.
Speaker 10: Doctor Jay Lord, Welcome, Welcome, Hey, thank.
Speaker 2: You, thank you, Doct Jackie. How have you been.
Speaker 13: I've been wonderful, Steve. I'm excited to talk to you, guys. It's always a pleasure and I always leave with a smile. And your laughter makes my immune system better. Yes, that's medicine for the soul.
Speaker 4: Yes, so that's true.
Speaker 1: You heard it from a real doctor, Steve.
Speaker 2: I thought I always feel better when I laugh. I thought it was indoor fits. But that's wrong.
Speaker 9: You heard what that?
Speaker 3: Oh it could be your Queen V just happy. And you know, Queen VA is happy. If your Queen V is happy, you'll have a happy wife, happy life. So it's all about right, surely, All right.
Speaker 11: Well, let's get into it, doctor Jackie we're so happy that you could join us as always. Now you know that we mentioned that you're a two time breast cancer survivor, you're also an advocate for early detection. Statistics show that the occurrence of breast cancer is lower among black women than white women, but Black women are forty percent more likely to die from breast cancer. So we got to talk about the whole health disparities that black women face.
Speaker 13: Yes, yes, Saily, it is totally unacceptable, but it's definitely happening. And we've been trying to figure it out. What is it that is causing this disparity. But what we do know is black women, as you say, is they have this higher death rate, but they are there that I don't know if we realize. They're barriers to early detection and early diagnosis, and one of them is just fear. Black women are in a lot of fear about the whole idea, and they lack the urgency you're going in. There's an absence of information in the Black community. And then we have economic various social, economic, and culture than personal areas. We have more aggressive breast cancer. There's a lack of high quality care, and I don't think people understand that hard their care in the black community, but there's a lack of high quality care. We have a genetic spects of the severity discrimination and systemic racism and negative finance impacts. Those are the things we think is causing this great disparity between black and white women with breast cancer.
Speaker 2: Wow.
Speaker 11: So the obvious question is how do we achieve health equity in our community and how can black women specifically receive better care.
Speaker 13: The one thing I really believe Shirley is said, we need to increase the access to culturally competen services. And that's the key. Culturally competent because if you don't understand, I mean, if you've ever talked to it on the phone, they're saying a lot of stuff. We just go on like we understand. In the same thing happens in medicine. When you're talking to a patient, a black patient, and she doesn't understand what you're saying, it's like, okay. We definitely need to provide more knowledge, like screening guidelines, knowing your family history. You know, you got to know who your mother and your father are so that you understand your family history. Genetic counseling, more genetic testing, financial assistance, and then screening and diagnostic services. Good screening and diagnostic services in our area.
Speaker 2: I found out the importance of gene testing is that a fact.
Speaker 13: Absolutely. We give out a question there now, mister Harvey, and if you say yes to any of this mother had or sister had breast cancer before forty nine, or somebody had ovarian cancer in the family, we offer genetic testing and we're looking mainly for those genes that increase your risk.
Speaker 14: And the one we all know about is brac of Warm bracket two, which is a gene mutation that's inherited. We used to think it was just coming from the mother, but now we know it can come from the mother or the father. So if you say yes the genetic testing, you send the blood off. They verify insurance coverage well if you need to do any out of pocketge pockets coverage, and then we check your gen because if you have a brack of one gene, there's a fifty to seventy chance we'll get breast cancer and forty percent chance we don't get ovarian cancer.
Speaker 3: Wow. But also, doctor Jackie, I found that if you know your genetic test and we'll come back and talk about this more because we've got to go to break but let's talk about when we come back. If you get your gene test done and you see a certain gene bracket, you can take supplements to supplement that deficiency. That's what I've found from some medical professionals. Right, we'll talk about that when we come back. That's why it's important to get a gene test.
Speaker 2: I thought. So we'll be back with more of doctor Jackie Watters right after this shop you're listening Morning Show everybody.
Speaker 3: We're back in our special guests this morning is Obgyn, two time breast cancer survivor. She's a reality star, author of The Queen v and a podcast host and she's the founder of fifty Shades of Pink Foundation, and she's here to help us get a grip on this thing, to understand the importance of breast cancer awareness and some things.
Speaker 2: That we can do. And we're back with Dr Jackie Watkersons.
Speaker 3: Before we left, we got into a discussion about gene testing because I heard her talk about there's a certain gene that if you look at it, it can help show you what's going on that you're fifty percent more likely to have breast cancer, So we were talking about that.
Speaker 2: Can you explain that a little further, doctor Jackie.
Speaker 13: Yes, we were talking about genetic testing to see if you have inherited a gene from your mother or father that would increase your risk of breast, cold and ovary cancer. And we certainly advocate for genetic testing because if you know your genetics, then you know how to take care of yourself. And I believe you mentioned something, mister Harvey that if we know our genetics, there are certain supplements in vitamins we can do to help and decreate that risk. If you're taking your vitamin D three and keep your vitamin level up, it will help protect again breast cancer. That's one of them. There are multiple vitamins out there. To make sure you sit down and do some genetic counseling and talk to about the EC test positive for those genetics because that's in vitally important.
Speaker 11: You're a two time breast cancer survivor. So what are you like personally doing in the black community to make a difference.
Speaker 13: Oh, I believe I take all my pain and turn it into a purpose. So you're right, two times to a breath, sens It's like, what can I do to give back. It was kind of a get back at cancer. But I'll started a breast cancer foundation called Epchades of Pink Foundation because breast cancer has many shades, and this foundation set up to help women look good. Like when I went to chemo, I dressed up and I found that just very helpful because when you look good, you feel good, and we know the genetics work, and when you look good, feel good, you do good. So fifty Shades the Tink will get lipstick, makeup, hair, comfortable clothing. Whatever we can do to help a woman look good, whatever her definition of looking good is, is what we want to do. Make sure that women are getting something to help them with this journey.
Speaker 12: That they're in.
Speaker 3: I love that, Doctor Jackie, You're having a golf tournament to support fifty Shades of Pink Foundation. It's a golf tournament and the proceeds go to the charity. Everybody want to register, go to fifty Shades of Pink Foundation dot org.
Speaker 2: Where's a golf tournament, Doctor Jacket, It's.
Speaker 13: This Saturday, October seventh at the City Club Marietta. It's seven thirty am registration, nine am shotgun start. Come on out in no level of expertises needed because we've got everybody golf and were men.
Speaker 12: And women again.
Speaker 11: To register, go to fifty Shades of Pink Foundation dot org. Fifty Shades of Pinkfoundation dot org. We want to thank you, We appreciate you, and we love you.
Speaker 13: Thank you so much.
Speaker 3: Ladies, gentlemen, please put your hands together for doctor Jackie Walters.
Speaker 15: All right, all right, all right, thank you Dutch to Jackie, thank you, thank you, thank you, thank you much.
Speaker 13: That a good one.
Speaker 11: All right, We'll be back with more of the Steve Harvey Morning Show right after this.
Speaker 1: You're listening Steve.
Speaker 9: Harvey Morning Show.
Speaker 1: Ladies and gentlemen. She is here, the one, the only here there she is. There's only one.
Speaker 2: No, I sure can I you know her Christian long time and know how to.
Speaker 8: I like that.
Speaker 2: I've been working on it for he has so many Good morning to everyone, Good morning, hotel, good good. Let's just go get to it. Don't want to waste too.
Speaker 1: Much time, you know, yes, ma'am, Well you know it's it's fall.
Speaker 11: It is turned into falls since the last time you were here, so you know during fall there's a time called cuffing season.
Speaker 9: You know when you get with a boo and you.
Speaker 11: Know, just get cozy and cuddle up with them and you know, stay warm being you know, kind of like get in a relation album.
Speaker 2: It gets changed what it is, huh, trying to make it about like spooning.
Speaker 1: Come you get with the boo? You boo up during this time.
Speaker 3: Because for black folks has been cuffing seasons all year long.
Speaker 8: So do you do that?
Speaker 1: That's the question. Do you cuff?
Speaker 2: I don't depends on which police stop me, which.
Speaker 1: Police police what I.
Speaker 10: See?
Speaker 2: I don't know what is all this new stuff?
Speaker 4: Yo?
Speaker 2: What is y'all talking about? Coffin? Coffin is what police do to black folks? Oh haircuff? No, you're not, that's what goball sweetie.
Speaker 11: Well, it's when you get booed up during the fall and winter season when it gets cold outside you're inside more.
Speaker 4: You know what your boo?
Speaker 2: You ever had a boot since the old there you had a boot? No, I don't have boolls, Tommy. If you want this here, you guys too mad? It is here. We don't see.
Speaker 5: Y'all.
Speaker 2: Everybody all y'all youngest is getting booed up and they getting no husbands.
Speaker 1: Levin husbands.
Speaker 3: You want some boot. You got to get this ring shit to wear the single ladys wear the single lass put a ring on it.
Speaker 4: You know all of that.
Speaker 2: That's what I want to see me, y'all say two down there, lord lord, I was in shop.
Speaker 1: Y'all see Oh you went to see you went to see the Renaissance store.
Speaker 2: Girl, I will confuse, what was your part? What was your favorite part of the show? Because I don't know.
Speaker 3: I couldn't get my eyes off the crowd that was throwing me off the Lord, have mercy, I was, boy, is going on here? Who are these mens walking around with these fans? And where is your clothes at? Where your underwear?
Speaker 16: What is?
Speaker 2: Why is your butt out?
Speaker 8: What is?
Speaker 2: I should have called it to No Parts tour?
Speaker 4: Well that's what it was.
Speaker 1: Well, I didn't know you went, but but it sounds like you had a good time. Yeah, it sounds like that.
Speaker 2: I love Beyoncey. I said, who that girl is? She good? That girl right there the greatest thing since Michael.
Speaker 4: Uh.
Speaker 1: Did you see her daughter Blue Ivy dancing on stage with her?
Speaker 2: Mm hmm, I've seen that. I saw the baby dancing to that Sam.
Speaker 8: You know.
Speaker 2: I didn't I don't pay money. See your children, children at home?
Speaker 15: Do that.
Speaker 1: Fine, she did a great job.
Speaker 3: It's ticket now. Well she did do a good job. You know, people's out there to watch Beyoncely, not your baby. I asked you if it was a good concert though.
Speaker 2: Very of all people's and everything. So you know, we just leave it at that.
Speaker 11: Yes, I wanted to change the subject a little bit, and I wanted you wanted to give a shout out to Reverend Al Sharpton.
Speaker 1: It's his birthday today.
Speaker 2: Oh, Revendel shop.
Speaker 8: Uh, you know.
Speaker 1: What are you calling?
Speaker 8: You know.
Speaker 2: I knew his grandfather, That's who I knew. I ran with him. Oh what was his name?
Speaker 3: Yeah, big sharp, bick sharp, just to come to church clean out of costal and it carried a switch blade with him all the time.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Somebody had came into church one time and tried to steal the money and.
Speaker 2: He cut the ass up so bad. He was bleeding so bad up there to alter. We just all saying, just started saying nothing but the blood, nothing but the blood. We had the nephew and the prank phone so quick I said this shall you're listening.
Speaker 11: Morning show coming up in about four minutes after the hour. It's my Strawberry letter for today, and the subject is there are some things I just can't do.
Speaker 1: There are some things I just can't do.
Speaker 11: I'm gonna get into the Strawberry letter and just if you find out what that's all about.
Speaker 1: But right now it is time for the nephew and today's prank phone call. Nephew.
Speaker 10: Well, there are some things that I can do, and what I can do is be stupid twice a day for y'all.
Speaker 2: Okay, you can't do that, sir.
Speaker 10: Thank you so kindly, Thank you so kindly. So I got it for you this morning. This right here is my roommate, Bennie, my roommate Benny. That it sounds pretty easy going, right yeah, yeah.
Speaker 2: Okay, okay, okay, but I said I what did I say? I said?
Speaker 10: It was my roommate, Benny. What do you what you think about Benny? Just give me, give me a honest penny. What you think about Benny?
Speaker 11: Rent?
Speaker 10: Mmmmmmm, Bennie is a parrot. Let's go cat dog, cat dog, my roommate Benny.
Speaker 6: He must yeah, okay, hey man, this is Chris, I live above. You ain't never met you before, but you you you have you been calling the least in office about uh, complaining on me about it. I'm making too much noise.
Speaker 12: Away Yeah man, my bad, bro. I was trying to catch you.
Speaker 8: Man.
Speaker 12: I couldn't never Uh, I could never catch you at home.
Speaker 8: Man.
Speaker 5: It's just like you know, bro, I work at night.
Speaker 6: I work at night. Yeah.
Speaker 12: Yeah, you're saying. I said, I work in a day, but I can't sleep at night, brother, cause I don't know what's going on in your apartment. I'm saying, I ain't trying to be in your business. I'm not trying to be in your business.
Speaker 8: Player.
Speaker 12: I just can't get no sleep at night, man, because there's been a lot of noise, a lot of noise, a lot of talking. And what you do is your business.
Speaker 8: Bro.
Speaker 12: I'm just saying, man, please.
Speaker 5: Man, but you ain't have to go to the leasing office. Man, all you had to do? You know what's all that me? You ain't?
Speaker 13: You know?
Speaker 6: They got me written up like you know, one more complain on me, they gonna put me out of something.
Speaker 12: Well yeah, down, Like I said, though, I was trying to get I was trying to find you.
Speaker 13: You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 12: But we I guess we miss each other because you you work at night. I work in a day. So you know when you going, I'm coming, and when I'm coming, you gone. I'm saying, Brian's trying to start. No, I'm just trying to, you know, go to work and pay my pay my bills.
Speaker 5: Man, I'll be at work at night. Man, you know what I'm saying. I'm trying to get my hustle on, like you trying to get your long doing.
Speaker 12: Hold on, hold on, okay, okay, let's make it like sense. Uh if you at working night, somebody in your somebody in your apartment talking loud, and I'm keeping me up square business.
Speaker 5: Okay, you got a roommate us all, nothing, ain't room I ain't got no roommate.
Speaker 12: Man, Benny, somebody in there talking loud, holding a conversation. It's like two people in there talking loud every night.
Speaker 6: And no, that's brother Benny. Man Benny be talking.
Speaker 12: Okay, you say you ain't got no room mate? Who who is Benny? Who is Benny?
Speaker 6: Benny is my bird my parents? That's Benny Be talking.
Speaker 12: Like mant me die listen mine, why why wait a minute, you're trying to tell me a bird.
Speaker 5: That was Biennie Man. I have Benny ten years. That's my bird.
Speaker 12: Byrd don't even live at long. So so now I'm up at night, I'm set to work because because a bird, that's what you want. That's what you called me to tell me.
Speaker 5: I call you to tell you.
Speaker 6: You ain't gonta be putting these complaints on me. Man, It's like I'm not I'm going that night. That's Benny talking, man.
Speaker 5: Benning in tell hold on, no Plenty, Wait a minute, hey.
Speaker 12: Look, I'm telling you now do something with the Byron then or that gonna be some consequences and repercussions. I'm talking about some fried chicken rounding.
Speaker 5: Ain't man. Plenty is like a family member to me?
Speaker 12: Bird too, can saund the chicken on the call, flake box, Kentucky chicken churches all that.
Speaker 5: Brid Hey man, you don't tell me nothing bad about my birth.
Speaker 6: Okay, brother, you know what, maybe me and you need to square off in front of each other because you don't you don't disrespect Benny Man.
Speaker 12: All right, all right, you thank you some alright, alright, I bet that be on my table when I get home. If it's a bird, then I bet that be all my donner table.
Speaker 6: Man, ain't not from the city and disrespect me and try to tell me what you're gonna do to my bird. But you ain't gonna do nothing stupid to Benny, tell you.
Speaker 8: What I tell you?
Speaker 12: What see you can date you? How right now? What you gonna work tonight? I bet you bet it. I'll bet that tomorrow. I bet you we be fingering linking good tomorrow.
Speaker 6: Man, Man, hold on a minute, Man, wait a minute.
Speaker 5: A dog what you can't do and start talking about what you're gonna do to my bird now?
Speaker 6: And told you you found for going to the leasting office calling me out, and now you're on the phone. I'm trying to work this out with you.
Speaker 5: And now you you ain't d work now.
Speaker 12: First time you you call me and tell me that is a bird holding a conversation with itself. I'm I'm a stupid right now say I'm I'm a stupid to even continue on this conversation.
Speaker 8: I'm why it's.
Speaker 12: Killing me out five night?
Speaker 6: Are you serious?
Speaker 5: Man? Man, you on some in RUMs or something.
Speaker 12: It's like, man, listen, brouh, listen whatever it is, if it's a bird or recording whatever, if you gotta do something with the bird. Man, I'm gonna be so and sauted if this is a bird, I'm anna really was a bird.
Speaker 6: It's spinning, man, it's spinning.
Speaker 3: You know.
Speaker 5: All you had to do was come to me and we could have held lis like me, hold on, hold on.
Speaker 12: Hold on, Okay, okay, okay, we gonna have that like man. Then, first off, leasing office wouldn't give me your name.
Speaker 8: What's your name?
Speaker 5: My name? Chris?
Speaker 12: Okay, Chris, I'm deaf. There we go, There we go, Dolls. I ain't for the past three months. You know what I'm saying, I ain't really been getting a sleep because of this bird. You say it's a bird. I don't believe that.
Speaker 8: But a bird a bird?
Speaker 5: Come on, Dolls, that's going for the bird for ten years.
Speaker 12: Well, look, take the work with you is. I don't care figuring something out, but whatever going on up there with you and your bird need to come to an immediate out or it's gonna be some doubt.
Speaker 6: Hey man, hey man, what you can't do is threaten me about what's going on in my household.
Speaker 12: Man, Look kill you and Bennie being in Lennie whatever the name is, you need to do something with that or it's gonna be some really it sure?
Speaker 4: Man?
Speaker 12: Why am I going back and forth with you about this? You keep telling me something about a bird.
Speaker 6: It's a bird. What's the problem with it? What's the problem understanding that people have pet birds?
Speaker 8: Say?
Speaker 12: Man, I don't give a if you have a pet bird. But really, this talk all night long? How do you?
Speaker 3: How do you?
Speaker 12: How do you never thread?
Speaker 5: Come?
Speaker 12: They don't never shut up?
Speaker 5: I'll tell you what. I'll tell you what Benny told me to tell you, though.
Speaker 6: Can I'll tell you what Benny told Wait?
Speaker 5: Wait wait wait wait wait wait.
Speaker 12: Wait wait wait wait wait wait Chris White, wait, bro, I don't want to hear what no bird told you to tell me?
Speaker 5: Can I tell you what Benny told me to tell you? What?
Speaker 13: What?
Speaker 6: What the did Benny?
Speaker 5: He told me to tell you this? That?
Speaker 6: This is Leftew Tommy from the Steve Harvey Morning Show. You just got pranked by your boy, Sean.
Speaker 5: Did I get your man?
Speaker 3: Got me?
Speaker 12: You got me man?
Speaker 3: That guy.
Speaker 12: I'm gonna get it. I'm gonna get it.
Speaker 2: I'm gonna have to.
Speaker 12: I'll have to wait for this dude, get armed out and talk to him. I don't talk so much about this from some falls in bird. I don't know what's a stat man?
Speaker 5: I made him. God, I'll be up all.
Speaker 12: Night and I'm saying I'm listening. I'm missing my sleep, I'm missing I'm saying I'm missing y'all in the morning cause I'm proudly hitting the snooz.
Speaker 5: But I got one more.
Speaker 6: Thing, as what is what is the baddest I'm talking about the baddest radio show in the lane?
Speaker 12: Oh Man, Steve Wallon Morning Show.
Speaker 3: We never.
Speaker 2: All right, I'm gonna run it down to you like this.
Speaker 10: Go to Thomas Miles dot com Thomas Miles dot com and get all our comedy days Colleen, Texas this weekend. Next week is the Stockbridge, Georgia, and after that the twenty to twenty first Chicago, Illinois, twenty seven, twenty eighth, and twenty ninth Birmingham, Alabama. Go to Thomas Miles dot com and you can get all the info laying in the cut. November way at November Sarahcuse, New York, Baby Syracuse, New York at the Improv that's November tenth and eleventh there and then Virginia Beach November seventeenth and eighteenth.
Speaker 2: The nephew is on the road. We rolled all the way to Thanksgiving.
Speaker 10: We're gonna do the dog on thing Thomas Miles dot com and you can see everything that the nephew is doing it in Colleen, Texas. I'm coming to visit the troops on Saturday. I'm headed to the base. Hang out with y'all for a little bit. Gon spend a hour and hang out, shake some hands, and show y'all some love for y'all service out there. We appreciate it. That's for Miles given right, Yeah, I love it.
Speaker 1: There you go, nephew. All right, Thank you, nephew.
Speaker 11: Coming up next, Strawberry, Thank you, nephew, coming up next, Strawberry Letter.
Speaker 1: The subject for today is there are some things I just can't do. Some things you got to draw it alone, dude. Yeah, I don't care. I'm not doing that. I'm not doing that, all right.
Speaker 2: I can be doing four and five people, now, I can't do four and five.
Speaker 1: We'll get into it right after this.
Speaker 9: You're listening hard Morning show.
Speaker 11: It is time now for today's Strawberry Letter. And if you need advice on relationships, work, sex, parenting, and more, please submit your Strawberry letter to Steve Harvey FM by clicking on submit strub letter. We could be reading your letter live on the air, just like we're going to read this one right here, right now, and you never know, it could be yours.
Speaker 2: It could be yours. Buckle up and hold on tight. We got it.
Speaker 8: Poor you.
Speaker 2: Here it is strawberry letter.
Speaker 1: Thank you for you subject. There are some things I.
Speaker 9: Just can't do.
Speaker 1: Dear Stephen Shirley. I've been married for twenty two years.
Speaker 11: And I take my vows seriously, but I have to draw the line at having sex with my husband.
Speaker 1: I'm forty nine and my husband is fifty two years old.
Speaker 11: He fell off a work truck two months ago and he broke his ankle, fractured his hip, and he dislocated his shoulder.
Speaker 1: This is all on his right side, and.
Speaker 11: Since he can't get to the toilet on his own, he wears adult diapers. I have to work, so I make sure he has everything he needs before I go to work. I bring him lunch, and I check on him during the day. I don't mind helping him, but the sk schedule is taxing for me. On top of that, his medication makes him want to have sex. It's not even a typical side effect, so I think he's making it up. Sex is hard to do with his broken bones. But the worst part is the adult diapers he's wearing. I'm not sure if you've ever experienced a grown man in a diaper, but imagine if he's had it on for half a day and then rips it off when you get home and says he's ready for sex.
Speaker 1: Well, that is what I'm going through when I get home from work.
Speaker 11: I don't want to offend him, but since he has no problem offending me and my nose, I'm going to hurt his feelings. I'm responsible for wiping him down daily, though, the last thing I want to do is have sex with him after I know he hasn't had a real bath in at least three weeks.
Speaker 1: I know I said for better or for worse at a church twenty two years, but I can't do this.
Speaker 11: I thought about telling him to watch explicit movies during the day and take matters into his own hands, but I'm scared he might hurt himself while I'm not at home.
Speaker 1: Is it rude to tell him he stinks?
Speaker 11: Is it my wifely responsibility? To have sex while he's wearing diapers.
Speaker 1: Ew.
Speaker 11: This might be a first of a letter of this kind. And this is a problem, I mean a real problem. No bath for three weeks. He's just gonna have to wait. I'm sorry, it's been two months. It shouldn't be much longer now when he's completely healed, hopefully.
Speaker 1: This is bad enough.
Speaker 11: You know this is pretty bad when you have to clean a sweet little baby's bottom. You know that smell is bad, but can you imagine having to deal with a grown man smelling that diaper I don't want and seeing your grown man in a diaper? I just think this is crazy. You have to tell him you have no choice. Yeah, he's in a bad way right now, but it's not about hurting his feelings. It's just about taking your feelings into consideration. All he wants is sex. All he wants is sex period. When you get home. That's what he wants, and he's not thinking about the smell. He's not thinking about your feelings, none of that. So you have to tell him, tell him you can't take the smell when he takes that diaper off, And you guys are gonna have to wait.
Speaker 1: Until he can take a bath and really get cleaned up.
Speaker 4: Steve.
Speaker 3: Hey, it's my kind letter right here. Thank you, Shelly preciate, but you duck around everything and needed to be done. That's why I'm here a part she'll. I appreciate your answer and all that there, but this let's go just get to it, you know, let's quit playing now here.
Speaker 2: Some things I just can't do. I know, that's right. You don't know.
Speaker 3: I'm not find a way to say something, try to help a man out, not just let right here. It's all about me and this warming right here there, It's all about me.
Speaker 2: And before I read, just let I want to go to the Lord and prayer.
Speaker 3: Father, God, please watch over me as I go down this dog path for comedy that I'm about to go to try to protect me, to my filter works appropriately enough where I can get some of this to be on the aff. The Lord, don't let me say I really want to say, because that would be career ending. Ladies and gentlemen, please allow me to be myself in the words of Sliding the family Stone, I want to thank you for letting me be myself.
Speaker 2: A gay hand. Come on, all right, here we go. Here's this woman been married twenty two years.
Speaker 3: Take your vile seriously, but you got to draw the line having sex with your husband forty nine. She's forty nine, husband fifty two. He fell off a work truck two months ago. Now listen to this. Broke his ankle, fractured his hip, and dislocated his shoulder. That's the back of a garbage truck right there. I can tell you that right now, that's the truck he fell off.
Speaker 5: Hide.
Speaker 2: Oh, I know them injuries.
Speaker 3: When you fall off the back of a garbage truck, you break your ankle, fracture your hip, and dislocate your shoulder. He was hanging off and the truck was going about thirty five. His hand slipped. He had his shirt wide open. It was blowing in the wind. He was having a nice day, okay, but with the tree branch hanging down and it brushed across his face, he thought something was on him. He swiped and fell, tried to break his fall with his foot. That broke his ankle. The weight of the fall going at that fast and snapped his hip. Then he rolled that broke his shoulder. Here's the whole problem.
Speaker 2: This all on his right side. Now he can't get to the tarlet on his own.
Speaker 3: When we come back. Here's the problem. He can't get to the toilet on his own.
Speaker 2: That's all right, it don't matter.
Speaker 3: And when we come back, we're gonna discuss the problems you have with getting to the toilet on your first ball.
Speaker 2: I'm gonna get to the toilet.
Speaker 3: I don't give it differ if I got to drag my ass to the toilet, I'm a crawl to the toilet.
Speaker 2: But we gonna get to this toilet, harmy crawl, all right.
Speaker 10: But when we come back, you gotta get to the party. Him snatching this dix. Yeah, I got all that time, all right you.
Speaker 11: Steve's response is coming up in twenty three minutes after the hour, subject there are some things I just can't do.
Speaker 1: We'll get back into it right after this.
Speaker 9: You're listening hard morning show.
Speaker 11: All right, Come on, Steve, let's recap today's Strawberry letter. The subject is there are some things I just can't do.
Speaker 3: Yeah, this woman right here got a problem. My husband had an injury at work. Now she forty nine, he fifty two. He done fell off the back of garbage truck. This a garbage truck injury. I know, what I've seen it before. I watched the dude do this on the back of a garbage truck. He'd have brokens, ain't fractured his hip, dislocated his shoulder, stopped dropping, roll, didn't work, It did not work, fell off the back of garbage truck, and this whole side is shut down. Very similar to a stroke, very similar.
Speaker 2: I had to go to work and this was then just shut this whole right side down.
Speaker 3: It's very similar to a stroke. But he can't get to the toilet on his own. Now, folks, let me tell you something. It's a lot of men listening to this show. We've had all types of injuries. We're gonna get to this toilet. We got to get to this tour. I'm gonna pull myself to the toy. I'm gonna lag myself along the ground. I'm an army crawl that left side, gonna be strong as hell because all it's gonna do and is just getting me to the toy.
Speaker 2: I'm a sleep in the hallway to the bathroom.
Speaker 3: See you know what I'm saying, putting me a pallet there on the floor so I can already be on the ground. All I gotta do is crawl myself up. I got to get on this toilet because what didn't happen now is on top of that. Now here's everything he needs before I go to work. He can't get to the toilet, but he wears adult diapers. See, I'm not finna do this here now, not at fifty two. I'm sixty six. I ain't never had one on. We're not wearing no adult diaper. We finn to get this problem fixed.
Speaker 8: Now.
Speaker 3: She gotta go to work, so she bring him lunch. She leave him everything he needs for he go to work. I don't mind helping him, but his schedule is taxing on me. On top of that, his medication makes him want to have sex. Don't know what that medicine is, but it'll be a top seller as soon as you get us the name. I'm gonna put it on the radio on this show, and I got an audience that's gonna sell that medication out. So soon as you find out what medication he owned for pain that's causing him going to have sex, please let us know, go to the drug store and get a lot of that will become a distributors drug as soon as you tell me what that medicine is I'm gonna I'm finish triple my paper. I know some fellows right here gonna take this. I don't give you then what to do. It ain't even a typical side effect. I think he's making up now. Sex is hard to do with his broken bones.
Speaker 2: That's hard.
Speaker 3: But the worst part is the adult diaper he's wearing. I'm not sure if you've ever experienced a grown man.
Speaker 2: In the diaper.
Speaker 3: No, I haven't, but I've experienced a child once he graduates from formula. When a baby leaves formula and it starts eating off the table and eating off of that's when I'm through changing, yo, damn, Because now what I'm not finna do is do this hit now?
Speaker 2: This grown ass man, he got a diaper on. That's different, y'all.
Speaker 3: Oh, when that diaper open up and it's got some minute, it's a lot of stuff in. There's medication in that. Oh, Jack Daniels is in there. Okay, I'm call it green juice.
Speaker 2: Made you poke rhymes.
Speaker 3: I don't know if you ever had poke this system, but Pope rhymes it here and he eating all kinds of stuff. This dipper is diabolical now. But imagine he done had it on for half a day and then rips it off. When you get home and say he ready for sake, you tatt you reach down, it's like a tailway, and your tatty grown ass dip off talking. I'm ready. Well, you done wasted another damn dipper. I'd have told you to stop, tandy damn dippers off because we not finna have.
Speaker 2: No say why you're having sex with him?
Speaker 3: He tannedy dip off, you'd have wasted another damn dipper.
Speaker 2: But now and he don't understand the smell. How you doing it?
Speaker 3: Next time he ripped that dipper off, you pick it up off the floor and put it over his face and hold.
Speaker 2: He can't fight back.
Speaker 3: He got his whole right side shut show No, it ain't too much you ripping diapers off, come of weef in the hairse pick that diver. Go over there on him. Go over on his right side, that's the side that ain't working. Come in from the right side. Wrap your hand around and put that diaper on his mask like this, Put it on like gas mask.
Speaker 2: That'll stop all that nah she talking about.
Speaker 3: I don't want to offend him, but he has no problem offending me, then you got to offend him back. You cannot keep walking in his house with all this male stuff in this dip and he thinks he's sexy. We not having sex till you get healed. And to get his attention, let me tell you on slap him from the left side, just weave. Stay on his left side. Stay on the left side where that shoulder Tommy had his shoulder, mister, stay over on that upside where he can't swinging back and wow, I just snapt.
Speaker 2: You can wear his ass out because he got one hand.
Speaker 3: And I'm just telling you this is just a tragic r lady, But you have got to stop having sex with this man.
Speaker 2: Why he got this dip on him? And what are you gonna do?
Speaker 3: All you got to do is sit across the room at tennant when we ain't having sex. He already can't crawl to the tallet. How he gonna make it over that to you?
Speaker 1: Leave your comments?
Speaker 2: We ain't have no damn sex. What are you gonna do?
Speaker 1: We're gonna run over the Instagram at Steve Harvey.
Speaker 2: FM and run your ass to that tarlet is what you need to do.
Speaker 1: On The Strawberry Letter Podcast, holes in the bedroom.
Speaker 11: So coming up next, the Speaker of the House has been voted out of his job and a new Senator of California has been appointed to fill the late Diane Feinstein seat. We'll talk about it right after this.
Speaker 9: You're listening hard morning show.
Speaker 11: Well, for the first time in the history of the United States, the Speaker of the House has been removed in a motion to vacate.
Speaker 1: Congressman Kevin McCarthy.
Speaker 11: Has been voted out of his position in a vote of two hundred and sixteen to two ten. An acting speaker will be appointed until an election is held for a new speaker.
Speaker 1: McCarthy says he won't run again.
Speaker 2: I guess not. And you think we.
Speaker 16: Out.
Speaker 2: She said, you ain't gonna run again, won't you?
Speaker 3: If you could get your boy Donald Trump to say that we be a good ship, the hell you lose and run again, man, get out of here with charges. Yeah, this country we in, man, And you know they voted him out because he wouldn't stand the Republican's man.
Speaker 2: They wanted to shut the government down. Yeah, they had the stuff to.
Speaker 3: Shut it down because border control they wanted to throw that in there, and they had that other issue. They were talking about border control at spending, border control and spending. Yeah, but what they don't nobody ever tells them. They're talking about this economy is horrible. Donald Trump increased the debt in America by trillions while he was president. Do don't want to say that?
Speaker 8: Yeah.
Speaker 15: At McCarthy when he was leaving out, he was saying, you know, he did his job. He was trying to find a.
Speaker 2: Compromise, keep the government open. Yeah, yeah, that's what he was trying.
Speaker 3: To want to blame see, and the Republicans wanted the government to shut down so they could blame the Biden administration.
Speaker 2: Yeah, all those people, those.
Speaker 3: Government workers and everything would have been out of work and they could have further hammered home. Why he don't need to be president. Well, it wasn't good for the American people to do that. So McCarthy foughty and now they went, okay, so you don't want a whole party line. This was all about making Biden look bad. But just shut down, man, backfire and they set up there.
Speaker 2: Now you don't want to do that, we're gonna vote you out.
Speaker 3: Boy. They they something else, man, Well, we're not understanding his these politicians is about power and position has nothing to do with what the people want, and they will do everything they can get power and position. It has nothing to do with what people want. How you voting to shut the government down and get mad at the dude for keeping it open?
Speaker 8: Wow?
Speaker 15: Here never never about the constituents to people that voted for him to vote for you that put you in yep?
Speaker 3: And why is Donald Trump not going back to West Virginia to campaign like he did before and convinced all the people to vote for him because he lied to their people too, because one cold job bought back.
Speaker 11: All right, guys, Coming up at the top of the hour, a female listener needs some advice on shooting her shot with an old male friend.
Speaker 1: Will get into that right after this.
Speaker 9: You're listening morning show, all right, Steve, This is from d.
Speaker 1: D and Charlotte.
Speaker 11: D D says, I'll be sick in November and I'm in love with an old friend and I want to tell him he is single now, and he confided in me that he's lonely and can't seem to get over his wife. She left him for another man, and I want to help him get over her. But I'm scared to tell him how I feel. Is it foolish of me to pursue a man that's still in love with his ex?
Speaker 1: That's her question.
Speaker 2: Have they dated before?
Speaker 11: She said an old friend. She didn't say they dated before.
Speaker 3: Yeah, See, hmmm, the word friend worth the pursuit. You know, y'all were friends before?
Speaker 5: What not?
Speaker 2: And he ain't never said no to you.
Speaker 3: No, if he's never said anything to you prior to this, it's going to be a risky move.
Speaker 2: For you, you know, and so to do it.
Speaker 3: But yeah, because he ain't never said nothing to you before, even you know, she didn't left him in all this.
Speaker 2: Hill, he ain't what he was now? What that old friend? You knew that? What else?
Speaker 4: Need to know that now?
Speaker 1: But what could happen if she shot? If she shoots her shot?
Speaker 2: What do you think?
Speaker 3: Well, you know, she could find out you know that he wanted to keep her in the friend zone. You know, you know how long ago y'all was old friends? Because it's before and after pictures that I'm a little concerned.
Speaker 2: About, you know, so you might might have a diaper on like that.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you need to check into that. It's It's a lot can go wrong. You know, your nickname back then might.
Speaker 2: Not apply to now.
Speaker 1: What was his nickname back then?
Speaker 2: You know her nickname? It's what we might have to be.
Speaker 9: Conduc Well, she's dedy right now.
Speaker 2: It's d D right now. Probably could have been dimples back then when it's d D is nine. Now it's dimples and dets.
Speaker 3: You know, just dimples back in the day. But his sixties could be dimples. Ain't damp now?
Speaker 16: She dd?
Speaker 3: Now you got to just take tention. What what your nickname was back that? He was long and have probably changed? Well is he safe?
Speaker 4: Is he the same now?
Speaker 2: He ain't the same?
Speaker 1: What was his name now and back then?
Speaker 3: Give me a nickname anything? And now he's c C Now that could be for uh, crutches and crippled. It all changes when you get old. You know he's CC back then you know cut and cutting, but now he just crutches and crippled. He kept the same initials, but they took on the whole new meanings. Just give me anothering. His nickname could have been what.
Speaker 8: T T.
Speaker 2: You know t T is a good one, right, you know, like you know back then it could have been t T for truth telling.
Speaker 1: Oh, that's a good one.
Speaker 3: I like that one.
Speaker 2: Yeah, now he'd have had that stroke. Now he didn't. Now he tongue tied.
Speaker 16: Okay, far you know, hey, tell going down with you that.
Speaker 2: Age? She got a lot of people age. You need to underthing c C you know, cute and cutting.
Speaker 9: Yeah we should you know.
Speaker 2: Too far?
Speaker 1: All right, we have time for one more. This one's from Ilia in Dallas.
Speaker 11: She says, my father recently got married, and when I was in high school, I had sex with her son and who is now my step brother. My step mom knows about it, and she wants to tell me my father. I don't want my father to know that I was having sex in high school. It would devastate him. I will hate this woman forever if she tells my dad. How do I keep her quiet?
Speaker 2: You just go to him and just say, look, I don't want to do this to my father. Just please.
Speaker 3: Your son and I have nothing involved with each other right now. But even if they did back then, who knew this?
Speaker 2: Right here?
Speaker 3: That ain't no problem back then. What you did back then, you did back then. Now as your brother in law, I'm your step brother's front.
Speaker 2: I don't nobody know that. Y'all ain't really all right.
Speaker 11: Coming up at twenty minutes after the hour, we'll have more of the Steve Harvey Morning Show right after this.
Speaker 9: You're listening Steve Harvey Morning Show.
Speaker 11: All right, So Stephen tell me, you guys know the character Country Wayne, the comedian Country Wayne. He was recently a guest on The Sherry Show and he opened up about paying child support for his ten children by five women.
Speaker 1: Ten it's by five different women.
Speaker 11: He revealed that he plays cod He pays close to two hundred thousand.
Speaker 1: Dollars, not a year, a month, a month, whoa.
Speaker 8: Yeah.
Speaker 11: He went on to say that it does not really cost that much, but his child support also includes his baby mama support because the mothers of his children always have their hands out for money too. Wayne says he splurges the most on his family and his child support payments.
Speaker 1: I'm sure that's a true statement.
Speaker 11: He's only thirty five year Yeah, two hundred thousand good.
Speaker 8: Yeah.
Speaker 2: One thing I do know about him, he making good paper.
Speaker 1: He's only thirty five years old.
Speaker 2: By the way, I don't really know anything about his career.
Speaker 1: He's funny.
Speaker 2: YouTube. He made YouTube, but he made he made well with it. He did very well with it to come from something. You gotta get some of these kids a wait, though, you got you got you off your plate. Yeah, yeah, I agree with you.
Speaker 10: You're about six away, about six of them.
Speaker 2: You gotta get rid up.
Speaker 1: All right, Thank you guys.
Speaker 2: Some people want some kids.
Speaker 11: Kids coming up. In thirty three minutes after the hour, we'll play a round it. Would you rather right after this, dare, I'll.
Speaker 2: Meet your new mom and daddy.
Speaker 9: You're listening hard morning show.
Speaker 1: Time for another round? Would you rather? Would you rather have yellow teeth or blood shot eyes?
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'm going to blood shot shot? I can o. Lord, I'm yeah, but some yellow teeth though, Lord found my tooth brush.
Speaker 1: I've been in.
Speaker 2: I've been in a car with Snoop dogg Oh damn day. I don't know, man, I just I can't get no risks. Were not doing these yellow teeth though?
Speaker 15: No?
Speaker 8: All right?
Speaker 11: Would you rather have cosmetic surgery to be cuter? Or would you rather have surgery to.
Speaker 1: Have a nicer body?
Speaker 2: Which one? I don't need to be cuter?
Speaker 10: Probably nicer body? I mean, I can't, I can't. I can't take you, man, But girl, won't nobody being take this?
Speaker 1: No room for improvement.
Speaker 2: Wow, we're gonna we're gonna say.
Speaker 3: Let gonna just be honest with you as a family member and your uncle and being older, you need both.
Speaker 2: Just want to share that with you. Look at yourself the right way. But you when I come out this now, I'm cold. I'm cold. I don't know what that means. Anybody know what that means? He looks. No, he don't about that show.
Speaker 3: Well, too bad, too bad. We ain't there for that moment I come out that show I'm cold?
Speaker 2: Man, Well, how we know?
Speaker 15: All right?
Speaker 1: Would you rather yourself.
Speaker 11: Fall asleep during sex or fall asleep during an argument?
Speaker 2: Say that again?
Speaker 11: Would you rather fall asleep during sex or fall asleep during an argument?
Speaker 2: Argument? When I fall asleep doing sex, we would rather doing an argument.
Speaker 13: I just.
Speaker 2: Went to sleep. Yeah, yeah, I ain't listening. No, damn.
Speaker 3: Men never listen to that, because men have an amazing ability to to freeze you out.
Speaker 2: When we had enough. You know all that, you're still talking. Go ahead.
Speaker 1: Women like to talk. We like to get it out.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and you own and on and on. We heard you. I got it, I got it. You keep on talking, you I just freeze you out in a problem. Go here, enjoy you.
Speaker 9: We just want a sounding board.
Speaker 1: We don't want you to fix it.
Speaker 2: No, No, you're fussing. You're fussing.
Speaker 8: We heard you.
Speaker 2: I ain't listening, yeah, through which you may not be. I'm done, Okay, I'm done.
Speaker 1: Would you rather be the welo?
Speaker 5: How man?
Speaker 2: How many times you say it to a man? So you just gonna sit there. You ain't gonna say nothing.
Speaker 1: He threw he's been done. All right, that's today's rounding.
Speaker 11: Would you rather We'll be back to close out the show at forty nine minutes after right after.
Speaker 9: This, you're listening hard morning show.
Speaker 11: All right, guys, here we are our last break of the day, Steve. Before we get to your closing remarks, of course, we would like to thank doctor Jackie Walters for coming by and educating us.
Speaker 1: And we're also praying. This is kind of a really sad story here.
Speaker 11: We're praying for the victims and the families of the students at Morgan State University. There was an active shooter there on Tuesday night, and we're praying for them and we just want to give them our condolences as well. Yeah, Morgan State, historically black university in Baltimore, the gun by.
Speaker 3: Yeah, we live in a society man, that's just broken on so many levels. And uh, I think it's imperative for people. And I know this is uh, this is an extra extra tough time for families that.
Speaker 2: Have to deal with this.
Speaker 8: You know.
Speaker 2: Just Carla said that earlier. We want a break.
Speaker 3: She said, you can't even send your kids to school. I mean, you can't send my elementary school. You can't send them to you can't send them to college. You can't they can't go to concerts no more. You can't go see the movie. You can't go to church, you can't go to the grocery store.
Speaker 2: It's it's it's we.
Speaker 3: Live in a falling world. It's imperative man, that you have relationship with God. You you gonna need that relationship to get you through, to protect you, to guard you, to to to fend off of.
Speaker 2: Some of these forces.
Speaker 8: You know.
Speaker 3: You know, i'ma look man, this is a This is not a statement saying what should have happened. I'm just talking to those of us that's still here. You know, Man, you have to stay prayed of because Devil is busy.
Speaker 16: Man.
Speaker 2: He got people out there working for him. Twenty four seven, and it's a lot of them.
Speaker 3: It's a lot of them out there, man, and you kind of wanna go like, wow, where is this coming from? But it's just coming from a dark place.
Speaker 8: Man.
Speaker 3: We live in a fallen world. We live in a The whole world is falling now. Some place is better than others. But we we live in the United States of America, and as free as we are supposed to be, we are overly free. We got so many freedoms that people take advantage of freedoms and put us in an imprison predicament. They will not fix these gun laws no matter what. They're not gonna change it. They're not gonna make doing something like this a severe enough penalty to slow some of this gun stuff down. You know, they allow gun shows to exist. You can buy guns at gun shows with just an ID. You can still walk in a store and show a driver's license and walk out with a gun.
Speaker 2: You can still do it.
Speaker 3: It's all because of profit. It's all because of profit. And I don't care what we do, what we say, They're not changing it. These politicians we have today, man, These politicians ain't voted for the people. They get an office and there they're for party. All of these politicians are in it for the party that they represent. They hold the party line. Look at this guy that just got voted out by his own people because he didn't want to hold the party line. He didn't want to let the government shut down and cost all these people jobs, times and money because it just wasn't the right thing to do. Well, guess what, it's what we wanted to do, and it was our party line position. So now we're gonna vote you out. And he gone, Wow. That lets you know right there, even if you're trying to do the right thing in this falling world, we want you to do the thing that best suits and so we can stay falling because it is about power and position in this country. America ain't been good to us, And if you really really want to know the truth about it, what I had to do was ten times what I know a lot of other people had to do to get to the same spot. I know people who are in the same spot who make a whole lot more to because I understand the system.
Speaker 4: But what do I do.
Speaker 3: I make the system work as best I can. But just because you can make it in America don't mean America ain't broken. If America would fix, do you know how many more people would would make it? But then, you know what, that's not the idea. We're not trying to create as many successful as people as we can. There are successful people who are just trying to be as more successful as they can have no consideration for you, none, whatsoever.
Speaker 2: None. So that's the world we live in.
Speaker 3: I'm just venting a little bit right now because I know I speak for a lot of people when I say, man, and it's crazy, and you want to vote, and we got another election coming up? Do you know what's happening here in twenty twenty four? Do you know we're gonna have a repeat? Do you know it's gonna be Biden against Trump? How can that even be? This man lost the election, has convinced millions, tens of millions of people that the election was a fraud, with no proof whatsoever. Every judge that has been a lot them to present their case through it out because of lack of evidence. But Donald Trump tells them it's snowing outside and they believe it. He been peeing on these people, telling them it's rain and the whole time, and you know what, they break out their umbrellas it's rain, and Donald said, so, what's wrong with y'all? Man, what's wrong with y'all? The only thing that I came away with this whole thing is you vote for Donald Trump because you're just like him. That's what I come away with, because you've got to think that it's okay. But I'm gonna tell you what I know. Man, there are a lot of people in this world, especially men who liked the big jet with the name on it, the billionaire status, the playboy, the playboy bunnies, the hookers, the money and the lies he's told to bank them, and they vote for that. That's the other part of this fallen country. They vote for corrupt people. That's the world win in. I'm glad I got God, man, because no matter what they do, I'm gonna be all right. You can too, You get God. No matter what they do, you'll be fine. Hey, those are my closing remarks today. If you didn't like them, I'm probably gonna do the same thing tomorrow. So be prepared.
Speaker 2: Have a great day.
Speaker 16: For all.
Speaker 11: Steve Harvey contests No purchase necessary, void We're prohibited. Participants must be legal US residents, at least eighteen years old, unless otherwise stated.
Speaker 1: For complete contest rules, visit Steve Harvey fm dot com.
Speaker 9: You're listening Steve Harvey Morning Show