Speaker 1: Kevin McCarthy is out as a Speaker of the House. The question now is what happens next. I'm being told there's a very good chance it could be Steve Scalise. Would Steve Scalise be a great speaker. I do believe that he would be a great speaker. Steve Scalise is a man. If you remember that was practicing for that congressional football game when that attempted mass murderer and a mass shooter decided to start mowing down Conservatives who were practicing for that game. Steve Scalise was one of those that was hurt very badly. He was able to come back from that. I'm being told that there's a very good chance that Steve Scalise could get the speakership. Now. Is that an improvement over Kevin McCarthy. Probably? And I also think that we need to get this done very quickly. We know now that Kevin McCarthy is not gonna run. He said that in conference and made it very clear. Congressman Matt Gates gave his remarks after the removal of Kevin McCarthy outside of the capital to the media, and I want you to hear what he said. Listen carefully, you'll hear the reporters yelling their question and what was.
Speaker 2: Going through your head? Let the vote gattle down, and it was a special McCarthy wasn't speak there.
Speaker 3: Just we got to move to the next step. You know, we are not at the end of this process. Okay, at most, we're approaching halftime. We've got to be able to assemble a governing coalition.
Speaker 1: We have to.
Speaker 3: Build from a place of trust. The reason Kevin McCarthy went down today is because nobody trusts Kevin McCarthy. Kevin McCarthy has made multiple contradictory promises and when they all came to lost, He lost votes of people who maybe don't even ideologically agree with me on everything. Take for example, my colleague from South Carolina, Miss Mace. She's she has different views than I do on a variety of subjects, but what we had in common Kevin McCarthy lied on the cross online.
Speaker 2: Second, you're saying that nobody trusts Kevin McCarthy, you're talking about coding yourself about seven Republicans compared to about two hundred and.
Speaker 1: Somewhat Republicans who actually do trust him. So can you kind of explain.
Speaker 3: As it turns out, getting two hundred Republicans to trust you isn't enough to stay speaker compared to Republicans.
Speaker 2: Have you spoken to former President Trump about this since the ousting?
Speaker 4: Was he supportive of the.
Speaker 1: What what you were doing?
Speaker 3: I have spoken to President Trump over the last several days. The ousting only occurred several minutes ago, so we haven't spoken.
Speaker 5: President put on your scial that he didn't think this was a good idea.
Speaker 6: He didn't want to see Republicans fighting with other Republicans.
Speaker 1: How do you respond to the former president?
Speaker 3: I would uh. I would say that my conversations with the former president leave me with great confidence that I'm doing the right thing.
Speaker 4: Did the President call you today?
Speaker 1: The agenda and the.
Speaker 3: I would say that the conservative agenda was being paralyzed by Speaker McCarthy's we have Krthy.
Speaker 1: We hadn't even said you listened to Matt Gates there, and Matt h is loving this moment. I do think there's a very interesting parallel between Matt Gates and Ross Parrot. Ross Parrot, if you know the history of why he decided to run against George Bush, was he just didn't want George Bush to be president. He didn't want to be president himself. Ross Parrow actually did not want to be president. He just wanted to make sure that George Bush did didn't get to keep his job as president. And ross parrou had what Summer referred to as the blank U money. He had enough cash to finance his own campaign, and he thought, I can probably find enough disgruntled conservatives, libertarians, those that are tired of the establishment, and those that I can convince to be tired of George Bush that I can cost him the presidency, which ultimately gave you Bill Clinton. There is no way in the polling that Bill Clinton would have won that election if it wasn't for ross Paro stealing more votes from Bush than he stole from Clinton. Yeah, he's still from Clinton too, but he stole more votes, almost a two to one margin, from Bush than he stole from Clinton. So ross Perrot got what he wanted. He wanted to cost George Bush the presidency, and he did it. And then what he did, he went away. Matt Gates hates Kevin McCarthy. Kevin McCarthy hates Matt Gates. You have to ask yourself this question, was this for the go of country or was this because Matt Gates hates McCarthy and McCarthy hates Matt Gates. You know, if you look at take politics out for a second. I'm just saying how childish this was. At the end, Kevin McCarthy tweeted out, and this is a dumb tweet for the speaker to tweet out, bring it on. He was in response to Ken McCarthy saying, all right, excuse me, in response to Matt Gates saying I'm gonna bring this vote, and he said bring it on. And then what happened was the wheels came off and Matt Gates and seven other Republicans did this, be clear, with one hundred percent Democratic support. They did this by working with all of the Democrats. I having some of the Democrats, all of the Democrats over throw Kevin McCarthy and Matt Gates's response was after the vote, I just did. Now. Some would say that's an unbelievable amount of power. Others would see that is total chaos. Matt Gates is you know, he likes being the least liked conservative in the room in Washington, d C. He likes going out to conservative events and being cheered. He likes being famous, he loves this amount of attention. I know Matt Gates, Okay, I know him well. I have a cell phone number, he has mine, and we've been friendly throughout our career. We've had dinner together, we have been backstage together, We've spoken at different conservative events together. But Matt Gates, to be is about Matt Gates. Now, there's one. I have two problems with how this went down, and none of this has to do with Ken McCarthy, by the way. Number one, the timing this of this was incredibly incompetent. You had yesterday when this was going on. On the same day this was going on, you had Hunter Biden in a courtroom, in a federal courtroom for gun charges against him. You know what, the media didn't have to cover Hunter Biden pleading not guilty to crimes that he has committed in a federal courtroom. You had a media that got a pass and said, I don't have to cover that now because for the first time in the United States history, on the same exact day, okay, on the same day, we're getting rid of a speaker and an infighting, I get to cover that instead. And that was a stupid move. This vote should have not been brought up on the same day. This should have been tabled till today, till the next day, till tomorrow, and made sure that we had a news cycle where you had to cover the President United It's America's son in court in a federal courtroom having to plead not guilty. The second part of this is who's going to be better? Who is the next person. I'm hearing Steve Scalise is the front runner at this point. That obviously can change. There's a bunch of people that are obsessed with it being Donald Trump. I don't think Donald Trump wants this job, so that's a waste of time. He's running for president. But Matt Gates doesn't have a better name. It's not him. But I think ultimately he got what he wanted. He got more followers on Twitter, Facebook, his name id went up. He can fundraise off of this, and he has the idea of the mentality of burned the whole place down. And there are people that love that. But is it good for the Republican Party when it comes to the nation. No, there are a lot of independent voters right now. They're thinking this party is a bunch of yahoos, and they're going to look at this and remember this on election day. All right, let me tell you real quick about an amazing company called Patriot Mobile. For ten years, they have been America's only Christian conservative wireless provider. And when I say only trust me, they're the only one. Glenn and the team have been great supporters of this show, which is why I'm proud to partner with Patriot Mobile. They offer you dependable nationwide coverage, giving you the ability to access all three major networks, which means you get the same coverage you've been accustomed to without funding the leftist agenda. When you switch to Patriot Mobile, you're sending the message that you support free speech, religious freedom, sancty of life, Second Amendment, and our military, our veterans and first responder heroes. They have one hundred percent US based customer service team making switching easy. You get to keep your same cell phone number, keep your same phone that you have right now, keep your same phone, or upgrade to a new one, and their team will help you find the best plan for your needs and save you real money. You've got a small business, they can cover all that as well. All you need to do is go to Patriot mobile dot com slash ferguson, patriotmobile dot com slash ferguson, or call them nine seven to two Patriot. That's nine seven to two Patriot get free activation when you use the promo code ferguson. Join me and make the switch today and protect our values and stand for them with every phone call patriotmobile dot com slash ferguson or nine seven to two Patriot. Let's talk about what's next, because we got to fix this pretty quick. I'm being told by quite a few sources and quite a few Congress people that the top Republican at this moment is represented to Scalise. Steve Scalise is working behind the scenes to replace Ken McCarthy as a speaker. And this is something that Steve Scalise, who is also the House Majority leader, he's a Republican from Louisiana, is seeking support hard like full court press to replace Kevin McCarthy. Sources are now saying, and have also now said to Fox News that Scalise has been making calls behind the scenes to shore up support ahead of a possible vote as early as Wednesday afternoon. Now that timeline may work. It could be later, but what we know is Representative Matt Gates, who introduced the motion to vacate against McCarthy that ultimately led to his removal. Total reporters yesterday afternoon that Scalise would be quote a phenomenal speaker. Now that's the only person that he has said that he would support publicly, besides I think Donald Trump, and there's no chance in how Donald Trump's going to do this. McCarthy was temporarily replaced, as you know, by Representative Patrick McHenry, Republican, North Carolina. The new Speaker pro tim of the House will preside over the chamber until a new speaker is elected. Now, McCarthy has made it clear I'm not going to run, and even mentioned or alluded to the fact he may just resign from Congress altogether. I don't know if he'll do that. I don't really care if he decides to resign, fine, it doesn't bother me a bit. Representative Greg Murphy, Republican, North Carolina also said he has plans to have a candidate forum and a vote on who would succeed McCarthy again. He says this is important for us to do as fast as possible, possibly as early as Wednesday. Eight Republicans quitting Gates who joined all Democrats and voting in McCarthy's continued speakership, have also alluded to the fact, several of them that they would support Steve Scalise, now the House majority whip. Tom Emmer suggested also that Scalise would be make a good speaker. Scalise told reporters following a Republican leadership meeting that he didn't have anything to quote announce, which is probably very smart. I'm also being told that Steve Scalise has made it clear that he would only want this job for the rest of the term, okay, the rest of the term meeting until the next election, and then he would not want re election. He would say, hey, I'll continue this congressional term of this Congress and that's it. Now, there's a couple of reasons why that may happen. Many people don't know this, but Steve Scalise has been diagnosed with blood cancer earlier this year. People have asked, hey, is he physically have to do the job a speaker? He said he feels great when he was asked that question, but he does have h He has been diagnosed with blood cancer. He's obviously in treatment for that. That's another reason why I think he could say, Hey, I'm a guy that you can trust. I'm a guy that cares about this country. I'm fighting for my life with his blood cancer. I want to serve my country. I have served my country, have almost died for my country when I was shot, and I am a guy that is going to do whatever I can to help this country. Steve Scalise is liked by a lot of people. There's also this pipe dream which is annoying to me. And that pipe dream is this idea that Donald Trump would be the speaker. This is a waste of time. Donald Trump is not going to be the speaker. And this is part of the unrealistic mentality of some of the Republican Party who float this. Sean Hannity asked Jim Jordan about this last night.
Speaker 5: And people, and you do not need to compromise on last question. I've now heard from a number of people. I know for a fact Donald Trump has been contacted about possibly him being an interim speaker. Is that a reality.
Speaker 7: I don't know, he'd be great, but I actually I want Donald Trump to be the next president United States. If he wants to be speaking, I want him to be president.
Speaker 5: He's still going to be running for president.
Speaker 7: That's where we need him is at sixteen hundred Pennsylvania Avenue. If he wants to be a speaker, then that's fine too.
Speaker 5: All right, Well, I think you do want temporarily to get at the same time.
Speaker 7: You can do it at the same time.
Speaker 8: I get to that.
Speaker 5: You probably could, all right, Thank you, Jim.
Speaker 1: I love by the way, how Jim Jordan handled that, like you can't do both the same time. You can't do both at the same time. He's right. So this is now where we are. We are at a point where we don't have a speaker. We need a speaker. We need somebody that everybody can agree on, and we need to move on from this quick now. If we do that quickly, then are we in a good place moving forward? I think we will be representative Gaminez. He was asked about all of this and about the chaos and within the Republican Party and just how chaotic the Republican Party has gotten. I want you to hear how he explained it in his words, because this is what we have to move forward to listen, I don't.
Speaker 9: Think you know, McCarthy got up, by the way, said he wasn't gonna that he that he wasn't going to be runny anymore. And then there was a lot of emotion in that room. A lot of people are very disappointed Sawtiers. You know, look, he's been a really good speaker, he's a really good person, and he didn't deserve what happened.
Speaker 1: In the day.
Speaker 10: Gates needed Democrats to get this done. Yeah, so what do you think of that dynamic, the fact that Democrats helped him do this? Do you find it ironic at all? Another criticism? I find it hypocritical.
Speaker 9: And he said that somehow McCarthy made some kind of deal with the Democrats to save his speakership winning in fact did not obviously, but then Gates needed those same Democrats in order to house McCarthy. That shows the depocrisy of Matt Gates, and that's why he's not really well liked within our conference. Matt Gates is about Matt Gates, not about the American people, not about the Republican Party.
Speaker 1: He's certainly not about America.
Speaker 9: It's all about mac Gates.
Speaker 1: It's all about Matt Gates. That seems to be the consensus by a lot of Republicans. Remember, if it wasn't for the eight Republicans voting with all of the Democrats, they couldn't do this. So these bigs Bucks, Birchett, Crane, Gates, Good Mace, Rosendale, they all voted with Democrats to make this happen. And there are a lot of Congress people now and I really don't think Gates cares. He loves this limelight, this moment, and he's going to enjoy every part of this. Kevin McCarthy, I gotta go back to what he said now, I've made peace with it. Kevin McCarthy says, I will not seek to regain the Speaker's gavel. I've made peace with it. That's my plan. You guys can have it. The house is on fire. Knock yourself out right.
Speaker 2: That's ended up being the fifty fifth Speaker of the House one of the greatest honors. I loved every minute. And the one thing I will tell you is doing the right thing isn't always easy, but it is necessary. I don't regret standing up for choosing governing over grievance. It is my responsibility, it is my job. I do not regret negotiating. Our government is designed to find compromise. I don't regret my efforts to build coalitions and find solutions. I was raised to solve problems, not create them. So I may have lost a vote today, but as I walk out of this chamber, I feel fortunate to have served the American people. I leave the Speakership with a sense of pride, accomplishment, and yes optimism. From the day I enter politics, my mission has always been to make tomorrow better than today. I fought for what I believe in, and I believe in this country of America. My goals have not changed. My ability to fight is just in a different form. You need two eighteens. Unfortunately, four percent of our conference can join all the Democrats and dictate who can be the Republican speaker in this House. I don't think that rule is good for the institution, but apparently I'm the only one. I can continue to fight. Maybe in a different manner. I will not run for speaker again. I'll have the conference pick somebody else. I hope you realize that every day I did the job, regardless whether you underestimated me or not, I wanted to do it. With a smile. I grew to enjoy you, even on your toughest days and your questions. I could always tell what day it was based upon your question. Monday you would ask if I could pass the bill. Tuesday was whether the rule would pass. Wednesday was the greatest challenge ever to my speakership. And Thursday, when we passed the bill, you didn't think it was a very big deal. And it'll all started again on Friday. Yeah, you know, I wouldn't change a thing. I do believe I got a new portrait in there too, of Teddy Roosevelt. You all know the man in the arena, one of my favorite parts of it. Who errors, who comes up short again and again, but there is no effort without error and shortcoming. Who spends himself in a worthy cause, who knows the triumph of high achievement, and if he fails, at least he fails well daring greatly. I always like to take a risk.
Speaker 1: I always like to take a risk. Kevin McCarthy will not seek to regain a speaker's gabble. He made that clear. That were his closing remarks, basically saying my good luck. He also alluded to maybe just leaving Congress saying I believe I can continue to fight, maybe in a different manner. I think there's a very good chance he's going to cash out of Washington and he'll cash right back in as a lobbyist and make a killing. He's probably if i'm again, and this is the Kevin McCarthy that I know my gut is exactly what he's going to do. It's one hundred percent what he's going to do. I'm gonna cash in. I'm gonna make a bunch of money. You guys didn't let me do it the way I wanted to, and therefore this is what I've got moving forward. I wish this wouldn't have happened this way. I think the timing was terrible. I think giving a free pass to Hunter Biden on the days in Federal Court and in the Republican Party, giving this news cycle to the media and the Democrats was just amazing. I think there's a bunch of people out there that are just totally out to lunch and how it's so unrealistic about reality. An example of that is this draft Trump movement. Donald Trump doesn't want to be Speaker of the House. I want to make that clear. Yet there is a bunch of people that are obsessed with it. I mean there's a bunch of people that are obsessed with something that, let me say, this way is not going to happen. And there are people that love this idea of oh, let's put Trump in there. It's not going to happen. We look dumb when we have conversations about things that aren't going to happen. Last not on Hannity, this was what they.
Speaker 5: Said history on Capitol Hill tonight, eight Republican lawmakers joining all two hundred and eight House Democrats to remove Kevin McCarthy as House Speaker the first time in our nation's history. And McCarthy will not seek the speakership again now, sources telling me at this hour some House Republicans have been in contact with and have started an effort to draft former President Donald Trump to be the next speaker. And I have been told that President Trump might be open to helping the Republican Party at least in the short term, if necessary, if it's needed anyway. But here's former Speaker McCarthy earlier tonight. Let's take a look.
Speaker 2: I believe I can continue.
Speaker 1: To I want to just say when we start off by saying these things like right that, well there's a plan to draft him, it will not happen. We look stupid, we look incompetent. This is a problem. The RNC chair has come out saying that the American people are the ones who really lost yesterday. Their business isn't being done when Washington is shut down. I can't disagree with that, so we better get our act together quick. Matt Gates had his day, he made his point right, but the idea that we can somehow do this and win is a disaster. The RNC chairwoman saying exactly that. I agree.
Speaker 11: Listen, you play Matt Gates and the rebels on the conservative side should they have not taken this step in their frustration.
Speaker 6: I'm going to be a happy warrior like Kevin McCarthy, and I'm going to say, let's just get the business of the American people done. Let's get this speaker vote done. Let's make sure we don't have this motion to vacate so we don't have chaos again. We can't do this next year. We cannot do this and win. If this happens again, we are jeopardizing a very small House majority. What I will say to the individuals who did this yesterday, who were fundraising through the whole process, I really hope that every dollar they raise they give to those eighteen Republicans sitting in districts that Biden won, because those are the people who they put in jeopardy yesterday. When we're not talking about Biden, we are not winning, and we need to be talking about the failure of the Biden administration every single day and what we're going to do to make the lives of the American people doing here.
Speaker 11: You Rona, you said it. We'll leave it right there. Thank you so much for joining us. We really do appreciate it. On a momentous day, no doubt. In the aftermath of mccafee being booted out to Speaker.
Speaker 1: She says it, and I agree with her, we cannot win doing this. If this happens again, we are jeopardizing a very small House majority, and the American people will not vote for this next year. She is right on that. So did we get rid of somebody we want to get rid of? Yeah. Senator John Kennedy, he was asked about this and the House side, and he gave some excellent advice. Senator John Kennedy is a man that I have a ton of respect for, a man that I've got to spend some time with recently, and he's really smart and understands this country and the average American. He was asked about the House side of things. He's a senator. Here's what he said his advice, and it's spot on.
Speaker 8: I don't have a lot of advice for my House colleagues other than this, follow your heart, but take your brain with you. The American people expect us to govern, and in order to govern, you have to have a leadership, and you've got to stick with that leadership to give that leadership a chance. I'd also advise all of my House colleagues to be sure and take their mins.
Speaker 1: This is a hardcore conservative that's saying that, and a hardcore conservative that's saying get it together. In the nicest way, we possibly can't get it together. Brian kill Meat over at Fox had a sparring match with Representative Burchett, one of those eight. I want you to hear part of their conversation.
Speaker 7: Dam I read your quote.
Speaker 2: You said you're going to pray about it. I want to talk to you about it, and somehow he construes that I'm a Christian. I'm not going to offend somebody from I simply read his quote back. I thought there was still an opening, and I wanted to talk to him about it. He never mentioned anything when we are communicating like that.
Speaker 12: So you said, you said, part of the reason he voted like that is because you felt he was mocking you correct, so with person.
Speaker 4: Yeah, and that's and that's not accurate, and that's any of that. I asked him about the six weeks off. I asked him about, wow, we didn't have a term limits bill up and continued on down the line, and it was always not his fault. You know, leadership has responsibilities. The butt stopped somewhere, and in the House of Representatives, it stop stops and starts at the Speaker's office. And clearly that's not happening, and clearly you know you don't want to continue to make excuses for him. But the truth is his his approval writing around the country was not very high. And I do not I don't represent the people of Congress. I represent the people in time.
Speaker 1: I got it.
Speaker 12: What do you think is going to do for the Republican Party and chances of holding on to leadership and the majority when it looks like you having You're the ring leader of a circus led by Matt Gates who likes to blow things up but not offer any new ideas. Are you happy following Matt Gates? Is that your leader?
Speaker 4: I'm not following Matt Gates. I made my own decision. I didn't ask.
Speaker 12: But if Mat Gates didn't challenge, you weren't going to challenge? Do what if Matt Gates didn't stand up? You were going to challenge?
Speaker 4: You know what I believe, I believe I would have And they're, well, please, are you're praying.
Speaker 7: About it one minute?
Speaker 12: The next minute you're going to lead an insurgency.
Speaker 4: So you don't think that praying about it's important? Is that what you're saying?
Speaker 12: You going to vote with Matt Gates and the next minute you're going to lead an insurgency.
Speaker 4: Listen, you got to predetermined answer to everything.
Speaker 12: No I have I have an opinion about what's going on?
Speaker 7: Do you have an opinion too?
Speaker 4: And you talk over me every time I try to make it.
Speaker 1: Make your point?
Speaker 4: The point is is that we're thirty three trillion dollars in debt. This speaker was woefully, woefully lacking in leadership skills. He always plays to blame somewhere else. America is going to be better off with new leadership. Who is it that probably be Possibly it could be Steve Scalise, It could be Alisa Deefan, It could be Roger Williams out of Texas. It could be Mark Green out of Tennessee.
Speaker 12: So they supported the old supported Kevin McCarthy, including the most conservative guy I know, Jim Jordan. Why are you smarter than Jim Jordan? And the two hundred and ten plus Republicans? Why are you smarter?
Speaker 4: I represent my district, brother, and why are you smarter than me? You're condemning me because I'm just saying to stand up on my own and that's I'm not condemning you.
Speaker 1: I'm questioning you.
Speaker 4: You don't like being question now, You're just the line of questioning is very negative. And you know that, and I know that you. And when this is all over with, when this is all over with and we have a new speaker and we're running smooth, let's have this conversation again.
Speaker 1: Were you happy with John Bainner.
Speaker 4: I wasn't here with John bamer with Paul Ryan. They're both rhinos. I mean, why do you they're not. They're not in my camp anyway, So but I wasn't here when they were here.
Speaker 1: So you at.
Speaker 12: Fifteen yes for every round you voted with Ken McCarthy. But you think he's the.
Speaker 4: Problem right now, I sure do. It's part of it. He's part of this, this whole problem. When you don't when you deny that there's a problem, when in this dysfunctional Washington brother that you know there's a problem, you can't problem. You can't take get past the fact we take in five trillion, we spend seven trillion, and this and and leadership.
Speaker 12: I'm thanks, I say the way you blame Kevin McCarthy that you're that you're thirty three.
Speaker 1: Trillion dollars in debt. But you're going to get a new leader.
Speaker 12: I'm sure he's going to solve everything.
Speaker 4: Well, I'm surprised that you get him full credit for all the successes because we nine months.
Speaker 12: I don't think you should take all the blame.
Speaker 4: Well, why why are we backing it up? We had nine months exactly. That's a great point. Why don't we wait nine months to do something about the wall? Something about the budget, something about well we never did anything about termline.
Speaker 8: I switch.
Speaker 7: I watched him for fifteen minutes.
Speaker 12: He was doing he was doing an awful up and not enough for you.
Speaker 1: This, by the way, is what we're dealing with now in this country. Makes you share this podcast with your family and friends, and I'll see you back here tomorrow