Speaker 1: Wake your ass up.
Speaker 2: The breakfast Club is old.
Speaker 3: Wait, y'alla, the breakfast Club Envy and Charlemagne the voice of the culture.
Speaker 4: Then I'm gonna come here.
Speaker 2: When this thing.
Speaker 4: See y'all different, y'all the coach, it's different. You know what I'm saying, Like y'all know what y'all talking.
Speaker 1: This is probably becoming the most prominent forum for Hill, probably be here next to all of you guys.
Speaker 4: It's really put it in perspective.
Speaker 2: The breakfast club bitches, Wake up, all right, I'm good morning Usa yo yo.
Speaker 5: Yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo.
Speaker 6: Charlamagne, the god Peace to the planet is Thursday.
Speaker 4: Yes, it's Thursday.
Speaker 2: It is absolutely Thursday.
Speaker 7: Man.
Speaker 2: How y'all feel out there? I feel blessed, black and hoghy, favored, another day to serve, Happy to be here, Candles lick. And it's amazing to me how celebrities can make folks care about individuals. You know, every morning when we were coming here, we have this called show prep, and it tells us like who the guest started today, So like today is Sherry Shepherd.
Speaker 4: You know, dropping includes bombs for Shery Sheppard.
Speaker 2: See of her daytime talk show starts when next week?
Speaker 4: Has it already started? I don't know it started.
Speaker 2: Started? It started so And it also tells us who our co host are. We don't have no co host today.
Speaker 4: It's myself and the NVY. But it also has birthdays yep.
Speaker 2: And big bold black letters, I mean huge it says Travis kelcey. And then right under Travis Kelsey and not so big bold black letters, it says Bernie Mack first of all, rest in peace to Bernie mackdam of course, absolutely a bomb. You know what I mean? That's whose names being big bold black letters?
Speaker 4: All right, y'all don't even know who.
Speaker 2: Travis That wasn't paying attention to Travis Kelsey if he wasn't watching football.
Speaker 4: A couple of weeks ago. So you're saying one of the women producers, Pobby Tech. So that's our male producer, Brandon from Ghana. Well, may know what I mean.
Speaker 2: Don't be mad at him all of a sudden, you're a Travis Kelsey fan.
Speaker 4: Brandon day dang likes. Well have you touch that man?
Speaker 6: Happy born dated Travis Kelsey all right, Yes, happy born dated him, and I'm a little soret to that.
Speaker 4: I ain't gonna lie. What's his name?
Speaker 2: Uh?
Speaker 4: Andrew worked you out? Sure did?
Speaker 2: What do you do?
Speaker 4: Sure did? That's actually my uh my daughter's boyfriend.
Speaker 6: He challenged me to a game going on, challenge me to a game of ba I said, He challenged me. See what's wrong with you man? You guys getting jealous? Right? But he challenged me to a game of basketball. And you know I had to play hard.
Speaker 2: I'm sure you did.
Speaker 4: You see I can.
Speaker 2: I'm sure you did. Can't play so off with the young boy. You got to show him what it is, right, You got to play hard? Did you back him down in the paint? I did back him down in the paint? Okay, old man style? Okay, yes I did. I'm not gonna tell you who won the lost, but I'm just gonna tell you what I am.
Speaker 4: Came out on top. At least tell us that tell us who came out on top.
Speaker 6: Speaking of on top, I've seen you on the on the red carpet with Safari with no shirt on.
Speaker 4: I ain't want to take that picture.
Speaker 2: I see it.
Speaker 1: I've seen you.
Speaker 4: It was a green carpet. But the bat hip hop was a green coffee.
Speaker 2: That's right.
Speaker 6: I've seen both of y'all on on the take that picture. So Far it was half naked.
Speaker 4: That's why I said, you gotta put a shirt on, you gotta put.
Speaker 6: You took a picture with him picture. They said that his shirt was in your pocket? Is there be true to that?
Speaker 2: No?
Speaker 4: True?
Speaker 2: You know it's so funny. When I saw as so far, I said, far what the hell are you doing? He just looked at me and said, coconut oil whatever that patsy, coconut oil, coconut oil yard.
Speaker 4: I don't know.
Speaker 2: I'm trying to do pack. He did it. And if I thought said coconut oil yard, that's that's what was.
Speaker 4: Exactly what so far As said, I din't even. I said what the hell are you doing? And what how did you reply when he said cocon I kept walking Jesus.
Speaker 2: And then freddie Old was like, take a picture, and I was like, no.
Speaker 4: I would not like.
Speaker 8: I would rather not.
Speaker 2: I think that's actually what I'm saying. That's freddie Old was taking the picture. No, I would rather not know, I would rather That's what so far As said. He said that and tell you said he said, he said, I made not I want to take this picture of me.
Speaker 6: He's absolutely right. Jesus, what's lutor soafar shoutut the Safari. All right, but let's get the show. Crack the front page news. Teslim figure out will be joining us, and of course Sherry Sheppard will be here, so don't move. It's to Breakfast Club.
Speaker 4: Good morning, good morning. Everybody is team j n V. Charlemagne the Guy. We are the Breakfast Club.
Speaker 2: The young boys in here losing their mind today. First branding is so happy because it's Travis Kelsey born day. We got a guy who we call Ovio Eli because that's his Instagram name, Obio. He's going crazy because Drake dropped the time stand record.
Speaker 4: That's right.
Speaker 2: You don't have to text a touch no more.
Speaker 4: Eli. We got it, we.
Speaker 2: Got it, we got all right.
Speaker 4: Well, let's get in some front page news.
Speaker 9: Good morning, Tesso morning, Good morning, Charlemagne the Guy.
Speaker 6: Now in some quick sports, the Chicago Bears take on the Commanders tonight at eight fifteen. Now this is on Amazon Prime Video. I still haven't figured out how to watch Amazon promvidy I don't have Amazon Pro. Sure you got Amazon Prime.
Speaker 4: We should think.
Speaker 2: I was looking it up last week and it's it's in like seventy percent of all households. I have it, but my wife watches what's that show?
Speaker 4: Is making good? Harlem? Yes, Harlem, Harlem, My wife watches that on Amazon Prime. Okay, I'll check tonight. All right, Good morning TS. What else we got? What were jumping into?
Speaker 10: Good morning?
Speaker 8: Ye?
Speaker 9: Once again America's on strike. You know there asks me something about these strike guys. More strikes. This time is the biggest healthcare strike in history. Let's go to NBC for the report.
Speaker 11: Walking the picket lines from Virginia to California, Colorado to the Pacific Northwest. Pharmacists, optometrists, vocational nurses, X ray and lab technicians demanding more pay and more staff. Seventy five thousand Kaiser Permanente employees the biggest healthcare strike in history. The union says many of Kaiser's thirteen million patients often wait months to see a doc.
Speaker 8: The waytimes of the er has skyrocketed.
Speaker 12: People are in there for six eight hours just before they can even get seen.
Speaker 2: That's not quality healthcare.
Speaker 11: Kaiser says it's working on its staffing crisis. But pay remains the biggest sticking point.
Speaker 5: What our union partners are asking for is exponentially larger than what we are able to commit to do to be good stewarts to our members and to their dollars.
Speaker 2: Hey, man, you cannot be mad at these were if for wanting more money or you know, wanting better resources or whatever it is they're striking for. Because when you look at these companies like a Kaiser Fromentte and making tens of billions of dollars, right, you know what I mean.
Speaker 4: So I'm not mad at them, not at all.
Speaker 9: And what does it say you know about Doctor Cornell West brought this up when it came on the show. You know, if all is well, why are so many people striking? Three hundred and sixty two thousand workers have gone on strike this year in twenty twenty three alone. Now that is compared DJMVY to thirty six thousand, six hundred over the same period two years ago. So compared thirty six thousand two years ago to three hundred and sixty two thousand. Literally everybody will not want to say everybody, but there has been a significant amount of folks who have went on strike. You know, We've had the Writers Guild Strike of America, We've had the auto workers, now you have the healthcare workers. There were several people that threatened to go on strikes such as ups this year.
Speaker 10: I mean, it's just been back to back to back.
Speaker 9: It is literally saying that there is a problem between workers and corporate America.
Speaker 2: Obviously, Yeah, it just says that workers feel like they deserve more and more than likely they are right. So, you know, I'm not upset about it. And you know, it's good energy when people see other folks doing it. When they see, you know, the writers do it, or when they see the auto workers do it, they're like, you know what, while we don't do it too, So you know, sometimes you know, it's contagious.
Speaker 4: You're on the flip side.
Speaker 6: I just always worry about when when they do strike it it takes long periods of time.
Speaker 4: You know, can people afford to be missing work that long?
Speaker 6: You know, because people still have bills, they still got mortgages, they still got to pay for kids and household bills and food, et cetera, et cetera, et cetera. How long you know, and also if it's not unionized and people are striking. Who's to say that people will say, all right, well you're out of here. We'll hire some new people that want jobs. You know, those are always the fear when when people are striking.
Speaker 4: You know, sometimes it's the short term sacrifice for a long term game.
Speaker 2: Not mattering.
Speaker 9: Well, one thing, I know, President Biden administration, there's a lot of messaging. You know, they're going to have to do around this because they keep saying, you know, biden omage is working for everybody doesn't look like it.
Speaker 10: So we'll see how that works out.
Speaker 6: All right, Well that is front page news. We're seeing a little bit Tiz and everybody else. Get it off your chest eight hundred five eight five one oh five one. If you need to vent phone lines to why it open again? Eight hundred five eight five one oh five one, Call us.
Speaker 4: Up right now. It's the Breakfast Club. Good morning, the Breakfast Club.
Speaker 2: Ray right, Ray.
Speaker 4: Yo, charloae man, yamfy, what up.
Speaker 13: Are we lying?
Speaker 4: This is your time to get it off your chest.
Speaker 1: I got an indoor pool, door pool.
Speaker 4: We want to hear from you on the Breakfast Club.
Speaker 8: Get on the phone right now here, tell you what it.
Speaker 7: Is we live.
Speaker 1: Hello, who's this.
Speaker 13: What's up y'all?
Speaker 14: That's your boy Dingo ding go go good.
Speaker 8: Ed me, what's good? Charlotte? How my guys doing good?
Speaker 2: Brother look back and Holly favorite King.
Speaker 4: That's what's up?
Speaker 8: Man, That's what I like to hear that.
Speaker 2: Man.
Speaker 8: I really, you know, I really appreciate y'all. Ain't known lie Man. I just want to throw that out there. Y'all a dope.
Speaker 14: Man.
Speaker 8: I really appreciate y'all and you and everything you're doing with the car shows everything, man, the opportunities that even providing. Really appreciate that.
Speaker 2: Man.
Speaker 8: And Charlotte, everything you be doing on mental health has really changed my life. Brother, I really really appreciate that. And I also want to commend you on your evolution as a human being. You have really really come a long way, my brother, and I've seen you since uh Go with the Guy code day, so big change. So my man, But I wanted to get off my chest today. It is Thursday night football. I am a Chicago Bears fan unfortunately, so I want to wish my boys some words of encouragement. Chicago Bears, don't f up tonight. Y'all are the worst team in the league. Please get it together. Y'all are embarrassing us.
Speaker 7: This is ridiculous.
Speaker 8: I'm still rot for y'all, but this is absolutely intact.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I hate to say this. I hate to say this because you know, I'm a Dallas Cowboy fan.
Speaker 4: So the enemies, but the rest of them will beat y'all to night.
Speaker 15: Bro.
Speaker 8: Nah, we tut to have. We should have had a comeback of a lifetime. We're gonna go from O four, so one at four, let's go, baby, let's go. And then also also just another thing, Uh, what is this?
Speaker 2: What is that?
Speaker 8: Kansas City Chiefs, Kannas City Chiefs, don't nobody care about Taylor Swift? Stop putting the camera on her?
Speaker 2: Who cares?
Speaker 8: Like these Swifty fans? I don't understand. Like Taylor Swift is not a part of football. Why do they keep putting out his airtime on her and not on football? Is pissing me off?
Speaker 2: I agree, not the Kansas City Chiefs though, it's the NFL, right, you know what I mean? Like the NFL is paying too much attention to Taylor Swift. Travis Kelsey actually said that on his podcast. Is where you think that it's a it's a little O.
Speaker 4: D little OD. They should have wear eighteen times or something crazy like that.
Speaker 1: He did.
Speaker 4: It was a ridiculous amount of times. That's insane.
Speaker 6: Get it off your chest eight undrink five eight five one O five one. If you need to vent, hit us up now. It's the Breakfast Club.
Speaker 3: Good morning, the Breakfast Club. Is it your time to get it off your chest, whether you're.
Speaker 1: Mad or blessed, time to get up and get something.
Speaker 4: Call him now. Eight hundred five eighty five one O five one. We want to hear from you on the Breakfast Club. Hello.
Speaker 16: Who's this top of the morning, and here's Montana.
Speaker 4: Montana, Hi, get it off your chance, brother.
Speaker 16: I'd like to get off my Tupi'm I just celebrated my forty second birthday Saturday, and I'm blessed that God. Let me see forty second, my forty second trip around the sun and Brooklyn Daddy on his way to West Virginia to see you in the morning. Okay, bless so I'm my way to see my baby tomorrow.
Speaker 4: All right, Well she in school.
Speaker 16: Nah, she's forty years old. She's down visiting my in laws, her grandparents.
Speaker 6: Okay, all right, well kiss that baby, Hug that baby, love that baby brother, Happy boy day, King, congratulations on forty two years around the sun.
Speaker 16: Black Man, Charley Man, you have no idea how good that feel coming from you. You guys be blessed.
Speaker 2: Man.
Speaker 16: Listen toe y'all. Every morning, I'm a truck brother.
Speaker 2: Oh, we appreciate you. I'm not gonna lie. I was thinking this morning about how truck I was getting on my damn nerves, though, but only only when I get in the city and I'm like thinking, I'm gonna be to work at a nice reasonable time, Like I'm gonna get here fifteen twenty minutes early, and then here come a garbage truck.
Speaker 16: Be like, don't be like that, uncle, don't be us. Most of the tim it's the old people that should be out of twelve earlier this morning.
Speaker 2: The garbage truck slowed me up today and the truck that I guess drops off.
Speaker 4: The supplies, you know what I mean, on the street and sometimes my gosh, I.
Speaker 2: Mean just backing. How this big truck just gonna back up on this small street.
Speaker 6: Like usually do it in the morning time, so they ain't got to do it during you know, when when people are really at work.
Speaker 4: But it just so sucks that we here so early. But you know I need a favor of Montana that hall for me. You already there, you go, be safe for that role? Brother? Why you say me Montane? I want to say that? What to horn?
Speaker 2: Hello?
Speaker 4: Who's this?
Speaker 15: Good morning?
Speaker 4: My name is Toya, Hey toy. You get it off your chest, mama.
Speaker 17: So I would like to get this off my chest. I used to get a former basket semi basketball player. He was a sugar Culda would have been. And now he has been given the platform I guess to like reinvent himself. Retell his story.
Speaker 8: His name is.
Speaker 17: He was a He was a I'm going to be better than Lebron always compared to Lebron man, and he's not that man. And instead of living in your truth, he is trying to live in a story that's never going to be. Him and I had a child together. Unfortunately it didn't end well. I walked away from the situation because while pregnant, he put his hands on me, and that's something that I feel no woman deserves. I am a school counselor, so I'm very big on mental health and he's a narcissist. He jumps from relationship to relationship women to women taking advantage of people.
Speaker 18: Uh.
Speaker 17: He currently has a newborn baby and has a two assumed to be two year old two year old son that he's seen twice in his life. The last time he saw him actually gave him gummy bears and thirty dollars. So I don't know how far that will go. Two men that I'm speaking to are also fathers, and you know that gumming bears and thirty dollars don't go far. Can't even buy a box to dipers. It's just really discussing and disheartening that a black man has not stepped up the plate to be a father despite the relationship between himself and the mother of his child. So I really would like to get that off my chest that I hope that he takes a look in the mirror and realizes that he has children out there that he should tend.
Speaker 16: To and be a father to.
Speaker 2: Well, you have definitely utilized the platform and getting it off your chest this morning, absolutely, And you know, it's sad because the individual that you're talking about I personally know, and it is and it is sad because you know, he did have of huge dreams of playing in the NBA.
Speaker 6: And at one time people said he was better than Lebron and sometimes they said he was better than Carmelo Anthony.
Speaker 4: And I never know what happened.
Speaker 6: And I'm so sad that you guys are going through that and that you know he is not taking responsibility as you said the last time.
Speaker 17: Said especially I, well, the last time I spoke come I he was coaching had a game in Harlem, and for a while, like you know, it was really I'm not gonna lie. I was really upset because I feel like, as a black man, there's so many black men that aren't present in their children's lives. And it really it made me feel like I'm not going to allow you to hurt my child. And I said, you know what, I'm gonna let my child make that decision if he wants to be a part of his father's wife or not. So I started to face time him. I started to say, you know, let's try to meet up and let let's let me allow you to try to be a part of your son's life. And I continuously tried and tried, and we met up and this is a you know, uh, eighteen nineteen months after my son has been born, and we met up at a part. He said, you know, I'm going to do better. I'm going to, like, you know, try to be there more for him. And I said, you know, try is to sail like if you want to be a part of your son's life, you show.
Speaker 8: Up to be there.
Speaker 17: You currently live in Brooklyn. I live in Stanford. So it's not a big secret. You you know that that's not far there is. There is that that availability for you to be a part of your child's life. You're making the positive decision not to be a part of your child's life because it's.
Speaker 2: Not don't you have any conversations? You should have these conversations with him?
Speaker 8: Oh I do.
Speaker 17: I've tried, and he doesn't pick up his phone call. He's blocked my call because he doesn't want to pay child support because I did not want to be with him. He didn't sign the fraternity that's at birth and he said it in front of the nurses and doctors. I'm not trying because you're not going to put me on child support.
Speaker 4: Oh well, so I'm so. I'm sure he'll give you a call today.
Speaker 6: Yeah, And I'll reach out to him and I'll tell him that you you know, you would like a relationship.
Speaker 4: You want him to have a relationship with his child.
Speaker 8: Like I said, you know, I think every child the mother and their father in their life.
Speaker 4: I agree with you. I agree with you.
Speaker 17: Circumstances, Thank you, you guys.
Speaker 6: Chill all right, Jesus, all right, well, get it off your chest. Eight hundred and five eight five, one oh five. And when we come back, we gotta talk drag. He will leased some new music and also he said he wouldn't mind opening up.
Speaker 4: For this artist. We'll get it to a nexus. The breakfast Club. Good morning, the breakfast Club.
Speaker 6: Morning everybody. It's DJ n V Charlamagne the God. We are the breakfast Club. Let's get to the room.
Speaker 4: Let's let's talk.
Speaker 2: Fifty cut a name or you gossip chatting?
Speaker 4: Is the rumor report?
Speaker 19: I mean, I guess we're on the breakfast club. This is where the tea.
Speaker 1: Spells right right.
Speaker 18: Now.
Speaker 4: I don't know why fifty and did he keep going back and forth?
Speaker 6: First of all, it's not a back and forth, okay, all right, all right, all no for off the fourth. I don't know what fifty and the fourth is always coming from fifty. I don't know how fifth stays on puff's ass balls.
Speaker 4: He wouldn't want you to say that.
Speaker 6: You're right, I don't know what. Let's just play the audio. Fifty was perfore men, and now he stopped the show to make this announcement.
Speaker 18: That's why I don't be going in the puffing parties. Thank you for the front and the back of this in time I'm talking about if you lay into that, into that, I'm fine with it his own. I'm just saying that my mother.
Speaker 10: It's uncomfortable. I think I'm belonging to girls.
Speaker 20: There for me is going well.
Speaker 4: They can be gender neutral bathrooms. Okay. By the way, the hug from the back will always be nuts.
Speaker 2: And I'm gonna tell you why when a man huggs another man from the back, you know, it ain't even about the sexual aspect of it. It's the danger part. Like announce yourself. Don't just be walking up behind me hugging me from the back, you know what I mean. I got paranoia and anxiety. I don't know what you're coming up from behind me before?
Speaker 4: Does that happening before hug from the back?
Speaker 2: Nah, I don't allow that to happen, just because the way I move maneuver in rooms I'm always paying attention. I'm not letting you come up behind me. You didn't team me get punched in the back of the head. That's okay, that's on video. You can go watch that on YouTube somewhere. But you know I don't like that. Don't come up behind me for nothing.
Speaker 4: So when you and Safari were in the red carpet this weekend, did you hug you from the back of so Fari coming first? And I would never hug so Far with all that coconut oil on. You know what I mean.
Speaker 2: You're not about to put that on that leather I had on, you know what I'm saying. That was coconut oil. By the way, he told me that as soon as I told you. When I saw I said, so Far, what the hell are you doing? And he said coconut oil.
Speaker 4: He said it like that. That's exactly how you responded. Okay, all right. Then he slid down the red carpet, literally, he slid down. Okay, all right.
Speaker 6: Well, yesterdays, Sissy was supposed to perform and she announced that she couldn't perform out in Toronto because she had gotten sick. She said that her voice has been shot ever since she explained that she truly wanted to perform and she had no choice but to cancel. Well, Drake left a comment he said, we're gonna do that ish together when you come back.
Speaker 4: Let me open up for you. So Drake wants to open up as well.
Speaker 2: Is she gonna be sick this weekend? Because I think she's gonna be in Brooklyn this weekend. I think, yeah, now she is gonna be My daughter wants to go, So scissy, if you don't mind, you know what I mean, let me up this weekend, you know, so I can stay in the house.
Speaker 4: That'd be cool, you know. So you don't want to go, I want to.
Speaker 2: I want to. I want my daughter to be happy, So yes I will, you know, but yeah, till you want to go. You know, I don't like to go to where a questions? You know, I put like the cold place.
Speaker 6: And lastly, yesterday Drake released a new single. It's called eight A M and Charlotte. I wouldn't call us a single. It's one of his classic time stand records. Yeah, well it's it's always it's on the album. So I guess I believe. So this is making up stuff. That's what YO told me. O Yo said, is on the album. Oo elis one of our producers. He's a Drake stand and he knows everything about Drake.
Speaker 4: They got the track list already.
Speaker 1: He knows everything about Drake.
Speaker 2: Drake is only o Yo.
Speaker 4: Is this on the album Thumbs up and thumbs down because most of the time it's time standing records don't be on the up. He put thumbs medium, all right, but this is the record. Of course.
Speaker 6: His new album comes out this weekend for all the dogs. And this is called eight AM and Charlotte and Front page users up next with tesling Figureo's the Breakfast Club. Good morning morning everybody. It's dj n V, Charlemagne the God. We are the Breakfast Club. And if you need relationship advice, any type of advice, ASC and E Charlemagne and myself will help you with all your information. So if you need if you having a problem, relationship problem or just a problem in life, you can call us up and we'll try our best to help you. Eight hundred five eight five one oh five to one ASC and he is coming up next hour. But right now let's get in some Front page news.
Speaker 10: Put up tis We're going on dj MV Charlemagne the God.
Speaker 6: Before we jump right into it, I just got a quick question with the shooting at Morgan State.
Speaker 4: Did they get any updates? Did they arrest anybody else yet?
Speaker 9: The latest update as of yesterday about nine twenty five, I believe they said that they issued some surveillance up footage asking people to let them know if they recognize anybody on the camera.
Speaker 10: As of now, there have been no arrest made. They have canceled.
Speaker 9: Classes for the rest of the week, and homecoming events have also been postponed until they suspect is identified, so we'll stay on top of that.
Speaker 6: That's crazy because you know homecoming, it's the first time it's ever been canceled in that school's history, and that's usually the time for celebration. You know, you pretty much you halfway through your first semester and people get a chance to celebrate and alumni come.
Speaker 4: So it's a lot of students really look forward to that.
Speaker 2: So, yeah, but better safety and started for better safety. Sorry, absolutely, they didn't catch the person. What did that person decide?
Speaker 4: You know what, let me come back home coming? Homecoming for a shooter, it would be a perfect please.
Speaker 6: Because so many students on the yard. You're absolutely right, but you know, always praying for for my students at the HBCUs. Unless jump right into Trump. What's Trump doing now?
Speaker 9: Yeah, Well, yesterday we talked about Donald Trump be an issue to gag order after a civil trial, and Charlemagne you said that Trump was gonna wipe his ass with the gag order.
Speaker 10: And guess what he did. He wiped his ass the long way with the gag order.
Speaker 9: Just hours after the New York judge issued the gag order against Donald Trump, who took the social media again questioning the legitimacy of his case. Now, the New York judge who's presiding over the nonjery trial, he imposed the gag order on Trump because Trump made a post about his staff member being the girlfriend of Senate Majority Leader Chuck Schumer. So after the gag order was issued, Trump went to social media and said, it is unfair that I'm being tried under Section sixty three twelve, which is unconstitutional and being used to punish me because I am leading cricket Joe Biden in the polls. He went on about how this is, you know, basically my fair unconstitutional again and how was election interference and what is this all about now, despite the gag order, which was again only limited to the judge is staff.
Speaker 10: So he kind of, you know, says he didn't talk about the staff. I guess he'll he might get away with this one.
Speaker 9: But the point is he's still back on social media talking, and Trump is back on social media. He went back again on social media to talk about New York Attorney General Tis James and Field words on a Trump legal legal Bengo card.
Speaker 10: So we'll see what the judge says about that.
Speaker 9: Some legal experts say that he can that they can you know, find him for this, and you know, what would be the point of sending him to jail. So they're you know, going back and forth on what the judge can possibly do. But I guess we'll wait and see.
Speaker 2: Yeah, he's Trump. That's why it's laughable when judges, you know, do stuff like this to him, because not only did he violate the gag order, nobody's gonna do anything about it. There will be no consequences of repercussions to the gag order. I think he's definitely gonna lose this case, but I don't even think he cares. Trump is just trying to make it to the general election, to win the general election so he can go on his revenge tour.
Speaker 4: Yeah. Absolutely, that is all he's concerned about. And is it me or does it seem like people just don't care about the law anymore? They just do whatever?
Speaker 20: Like it is?
Speaker 6: What it is that the judge tells somebody to do something and they just continue to do what they want to do.
Speaker 4: It feels like there's no respect for the law.
Speaker 10: Yeah, who who's who? Not for black people?
Speaker 2: You mean, for Trump, not for black for politicians, tru Eventually, all black people who try to move like these guys, they they gonna get what.
Speaker 4: They're gonna get everything that they they've been fighting for.
Speaker 2: You know what I'm saying. They campaign, can't you campaigning to go against the law. Eventually, eventually the law gonna get your ass. But you know, when it comes to white privileged people like Trump, ain't no limit.
Speaker 4: Ain't no limit, no limits.
Speaker 10: So we'll we'll see, we'll follow that again.
Speaker 9: This child is gonna be three months, so I'm sure there'll be plenty of things that will bump back up on this. I know he's expected to take the stands, so that will certainly be Yet again another campaign moment, you know, for him to be able to you know, rally Rally's trumps around like Charlamagne.
Speaker 10: Like you said, this is what this is all about. This is a campaign stop for him as far.
Speaker 4: As he's concerned.
Speaker 2: Hey, I tell you something else, though. All of these judges, all of these you know, the attorney generals like Tis James, all of these people that's you know, building these cases against Trump. They need to put their money where their mouth is and their energy when it comes to you know, being out there campaigning for Biden. Because I'm telling you right now, if Donald Trump become president, he's looking for revenge. You ain't gonna never see no revenge toward like Donald Trump. You think it's a game, All his political rivals will be locked up. I gat he's already said it. We knew it before he said it. He's going to absolutely weaponize the DJ and every other law enforcement you know a unit that he can to lock up his political opponents. So they better be out there campaigning for Biden, making sure Biden get back in that White House for the second term, because if Trump getting there, it's gonna be trouble.
Speaker 10: You gonna be over there better start knocking on doors.
Speaker 6: See, I'm telling you now, let's talk about these HBCUs being underfunded.
Speaker 9: Yeah, so you know, obviously DJ and B HBCU is really important for you to rally around.
Speaker 10: We all love HBCUs, but I know this story is important to you.
Speaker 9: And now rally was held at Tennessee State University Tuesday afternoon after federal agency discovered historical back colleges and universities are underfunded by billions. Now we already know that they're underfunded, but it's one thing when you get that receipt in hand. Let's take a listen to what some of the students had to say that I'll get a little bit more information.
Speaker 21: So initially, I was really really shocked because we, you know, had faced a lot of public scrutiny about our campus and how it looks and housing crisis and all those things, and so it was shocking to see that we were actually owe state money.
Speaker 4: Whether they get the money or not, he's hopeful for some repayments.
Speaker 2: With a widely recognized lawyer now on the case.
Speaker 21: It shows that we're on a broader platform, that this has the potential to become a nationwide campaign, and you know, we just need to be paid.
Speaker 4: Our two b.
Speaker 9: Students are just shocked because why wouldn't you want to take that same pride in US as you taking another university.
Speaker 4: Yeah, this is one of those conversations.
Speaker 2: We were having a lot when Dion left Jackson State University because everyone was putting so much pressure on Dion and saying how Dion could change HBCUs, And we was talking about how about all the money that state government owed HBCUs.
Speaker 4: You know, the good brother was belling me, you know, he was putting me onto this.
Speaker 2: And this was a conversation that we was having a lot and wanting to raise awareness about this because so many these HBCUs are underfunded billions of dollars, you know, from federal agency.
Speaker 10: Yeah, shout out to doctor West always pushing this as well.
Speaker 9: Now, HBCUs were underfunded by states by more than twelve billion. In Tennessee State University was underfunded by more than two point one billion a loan and they ranked as the most underfunded university, and the US Secretary of Education sent letters to sixteen governors across the nation showcasing the disparity and funding between the HBCUs compared to the non HBCUs, and the report said that the money is owed to more than a dozen HBCUs.
Speaker 10: Across the country.
Speaker 9: So yeah, this is a real problem, and again real problem, especially during campaign time, especially, you know, while there was still debate on if you know, the loans will be forgiven and you know how people feel about that, and now people are having to pay back their loans again. This is just another yet another problem. I know, people keep saying that everything goes back to politics. You know, whether you like it or not, you know, who are choose doing what, who's sending the money, what's happening the governor, you know, from governor state, all the way on down and up back on the federal level.
Speaker 2: Yeah. It's a great Forbes article you can read called how America Cheated as Black College is Man, and it just breaks down how compared to their predominantly white counterparts, the nation's black land grant universities have been underfunded by at least twelve point eight billion dollars.
Speaker 4: Crazy over the last three decades.
Speaker 2: Twelve point eight billion dollars over the last three decades.
Speaker 4: So yeah, and that is an issue.
Speaker 9: Yeah, that's important to say for the last three decades, so we're talking about thirty years, so that means what Democrats and Republicans have been in charge over there, because you know, let's not make this about one party or the other, but it does all on who's ever running at the time.
Speaker 10: It falls on their watch.
Speaker 9: But I think that's an important point that you made, Charlemagne. Last three decades, so we're talking about thirty years.
Speaker 4: This has been happening.
Speaker 6: Well, that is front page news. And I'm actually gonna be at Alabama State this weekend. I was at Alabama A and M last week and I'm gonna be at Alabama State this weekend.
Speaker 4: So you know, I'm on my HBCU tours. I like to go visit the HBCUs.
Speaker 6: It was at DJ talked to the students and just trying to shine a light on some of the HBCUs that maybe students and kids don't know and try to give them some visuals so they could actually see what kind of like we're going to an HBCUs all about. So again, shout to all of HBCUs. Hopefully I can hit some some more HBCUs this year.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and one more thing, I was trying to figure out the school. That's what I was googling the school in Maryland. They settled an HBCU federal lawsuit for five hundred and seventy seven million dollars. They were in court for fifteen years, accused in the state of providing inequitable resources the four of its historically black colleges and universities.
Speaker 4: I don't know if they if they got the money.
Speaker 2: But they definitely settled a lawsuit for five hundred and seventy seven million dollars.
Speaker 4: So they actually sued, you know, to get that money.
Speaker 9: So they give us some money. We got a suit to get the money that was supposed to be given to a A damn change.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'm sorry.
Speaker 4: This was a couple of years ago. Yep, twenty twenty one.
Speaker 10: But thank you tis absolutely and.
Speaker 2: Make sure you subscribe to Tesling Federals podcast A great shot, No chase the podcasts on the Black Effect. iHeart Radio podcast network and follow at teslin figure on all social media platforms.
Speaker 6: All right, when we come back, Cherry Sheppard will be joining us. We're gonna kick it with her. Season two of her show is on right now, so don't move. It's The Breakfast Legal Morning, The Breakfast Club.
Speaker 13: Morning.
Speaker 6: Everybody is dj n V CHARLAMAGNEMCGUTD. We are the Breakfast Club. We got a special guest in.
Speaker 4: The building, Cherry Shepard. Welcome.
Speaker 15: Hey y'all, I'm assuming you pass the COVID test to get in there. Let me tell you something. Let me tell you something. How you start on your premiere week and get COVID.
Speaker 1: This is the yes. I am COVID free. I am fine. I had no symptoms.
Speaker 15: You know what the worst thing about COVID is when you got to call people and tell them you got COVID. I had to call all of I guess John Batist he was headed to France to perform, and he was so amazing cause you got to do hey girl, Hey, hey dude, hey, I got something to tell you. It's like you're about to tell somebody you got STD, like.
Speaker 1: It's horrible, and he was. He was like, Cherry after love you, We all right?
Speaker 21: And he just was.
Speaker 1: He was great.
Speaker 15: I called Michelle Buteaux, she was fine. I called Julie Chan she was good. That damn Leslie Jones. I called Leslie Jones. I said, hey girl, hey, I got something to tell you. She was like, girl, I love my sisterhood. I love you girl, thank you for having me on the show. The show about to go to number one. I said, I got COVID.
Speaker 1: She went, you got covid.
Speaker 2: I got shoulder this weekend.
Speaker 15: When I tell you, Leslie Jones, oh my god, all that friendship you lose friendship over covid. Leslie was like, wait a minute, did you hug me? Did you kiss me? What you did when you came in my dressing room? And I was like, calm down, okay, And she was like, you know what, I appreciate the fact did you had COVID. You ain't tell me you had COVID, like you don't have no mask on or nothing when you came to me. And I said, first of all, I didn't know that I had COVID. Now were screaming at each other. I didn't know that I had covid, Leslie, I just I didn't have any symptoms. I would not have been on the air with you with COVID. I said, I don't play and blest you freaking nine feet And I said, if I gave you, you got it in your you don't know how I told you are next, I mean, that's what you got Covidn't you take this girl every day? She was like, yeah, I tested negative. I'm negative today. And she's like, I'm going on tour. And I was like, I'm glad you negative. Let me know every day, Leslie, Leslie, And I said, y'all put up a picture of Leslie Jones at the studio. She's not allowed it because she want to fight. Leslie gonna fight me, and I'm sick. I got covid' I told Leslie. I said, Leslie, everybody on the show negative, we're good.
Speaker 1: I think you're good. Nobody got it.
Speaker 15: And I left her know and I said, just let me know how the book did. Leslie hadn't answered me back yet. I gotta find this girl.
Speaker 1: And and I said, to it now.
Speaker 15: And I don't know about you send flowers because it would look like I'm giving in or I should be like, you know, you know, just good Joe Shoe. Your books didn't did well. I'm like, I don't know how to cause I never.
Speaker 4: Had to tell book release. You did that on purpose? No, I didn't, Leslie. I think she did it on purpose.
Speaker 15: And I'm gonna tell people. And that's gonna tell Leslie. If you look back at you. Nobody on my set COVID except me. There's nobody And that was great if you look at the show with me and Leslie, and Leslie was like, girl, we are amazing and you weren't. And I said, Leslie gave me COVID. I said she no, she didn't give me COVID.
Speaker 2: That's when I'm listening.
Speaker 4: A COVID test is a thing.
Speaker 15: I'm gonna send a blinged out COVID test. That's the little blinged out COVID. But when we was looking, I said, look at all Leslie is.
Speaker 1: There is no possible way I could give Leslie COVID because she way tall, like my breath is hitting her booms.
Speaker 15: So either either Leslie will sue me in court. Are we gonna be hanging out.
Speaker 4: Saying she would but you never know, that's right, or congrats on the new season.
Speaker 2: Yes, seasons to season two gotta be more than season two, right, No, this is season two.
Speaker 1: We just started.
Speaker 4: It is season two, like you've been off for like three four years.
Speaker 1: Oh, that's a good thing.
Speaker 4: Remember she guest hosted for a while, I guess, and every time and I was.
Speaker 1: Always coming out here.
Speaker 15: That's right. So it is season two and we're back, and I got my breast rejection and came back and told everybody and so I'm happy Earth and it's yeah.
Speaker 4: That decision what made you want to get a rest reduction? Back was hurting?
Speaker 1: My back was hurting.
Speaker 15: I was slouching all the time because they were heavy. I started getting the grooves and my shoulders and I just was like and then it wasn't like for me, and I know women probably would get on me. My boobs were like my calling card when I was coming up in the game, Like I had hecklers who would talk about my boobs. And I learned to deal with hecklers on stage. And it was like when I walked in, they was pretty. They was like, I have porn old girl boobs and it was up under my chin.
Speaker 2: So when I walked in the room, I.
Speaker 15: Didn't have hips. Usually girls with big boobs are narrow at the bottom. We don't have a butt, we don't have hips. We got these boobs and they were everything. Then all of a sudden, I looked up one day and I was like, I look like my auntie Ernestine, who go to church, like they grem church.
Speaker 1: There was yeah, it was flat full, you know, and it was like my phone and I was just like, I don't like this.
Speaker 15: They became like people wanted to hug me because they just felt good, you know, they felt comforted. People wanted to like put their head on my chest. And I said, Marco wanted to like put his head on my chest.
Speaker 1: And cry like I don't like my boobs like that. They not them.
Speaker 15: They became the comforter as opposed to I used to walk in the room and men would.
Speaker 1: Be like dang naw. They looked at me and they was like, oh hey, Auntie, And I was like, what changed here? So I just like they were my best.
Speaker 15: Friends, and I went it's time to let go because I don't like the pain. I don't like the grooves and my I tore muscles in my rotator cuff because of my because of my boobs so heavy, and and just to let people know, and insurance still wouldn't pay for it. They still said it was a vanity thing and cosmetic.
Speaker 1: So I paid for it. I don't want nobody to think, oh, she getting a discount.
Speaker 15: I paid for it, and I'm now fighting the insurance company to get reimbursed for at least some of it.
Speaker 4: Now did the doctor measure it to know how much to take out?
Speaker 2: Like?
Speaker 4: How did that prom.
Speaker 16: They?
Speaker 1: When I tell you I talked to so many people.
Speaker 15: They take out a bunch of Crayola markers and they start drawing on your body because at the same time, they were like it was just little pockets of fat. And the doctor said, do you want us to take off your back fat? And I said, I don't have any fat on my back. You don't realize how.
Speaker 1: Much fat on your back you have until they have all the marker drawings on your back.
Speaker 18: Back.
Speaker 15: It's basically what she said, but it was like, you know, it's it's from gaining weight and losing weight and gaining weight.
Speaker 1: I just had loose skin, and.
Speaker 15: So they yet they drawn you, like literally coloring in within the circles. You have more drawings, and I sent pictures of them to everybody. Garcella Buve was like, you gotta let me know before you're gonna send me pictures of just your boobs, niece, and Asher was like, this is too much.
Speaker 1: I'm tired of this.
Speaker 15: I'm really tired of you sending me this. But they're so pretty. I was like, oh, my God said they're beautiful. I need you to see them, and so I just I just kept sending pictures and niece said, can you at least blur out.
Speaker 1: Your face and I said, no, I need people to know these are mine. They look so good. So I'm happy because I don't have that heaviness.
Speaker 4: Oh you sent them the new picture.
Speaker 15: I sent them the old ones. And because I was like, look, damn, you look. You don't really look at your boobs because they're always in the bridle when they're sitting there and they're sitting on your knees, I was like, godies suck.
Speaker 1: Because it's cute.
Speaker 6: People got kids, so their kids could have a phone. They can be playing on their mama phone, and in all of a sudden, damn.
Speaker 15: It's either traumatize them or they gonna be like, wow, I got a good fetish.
Speaker 1: I don't you know. I don't know which one it's gonna be.
Speaker 4: How long do you have to sit out for? How long were you down?
Speaker 1: Now, here's the thing.
Speaker 15: If you get if you get a burst reduction when you're in your twenties, your thirties, two weeks.
Speaker 1: You back to normal. I was out for twelve weeks.
Speaker 15: At my age, it was like my body was like, hey, if you did this late, and like this wasn't even supposed to be happening now, So it took it.
Speaker 1: It was twelve weeks. I didn't do anything over them. I was supposed to go out of the country.
Speaker 15: I didn't do anything over the summer but sit and watch Netflix the whole time. I did manage to go out and strike, but I couldn't. When I went on the strike, I couldn't carry my sign because I was with Viola Davis and Nissi, and I was like, the sign is too heavy. I can't and I had all my compression garments on. But I was like, I got a strike because I'm an actor. And then but Viola was complain She was like, hell long, we got walk this this, We walked this, Oh my god, And I said, you.
Speaker 1: Was the warrior woman?
Speaker 2: What is the woman?
Speaker 3: You know what I mean?
Speaker 15: It was just because where we were striking was at Disney, and to walk around the hole of Disney is a whole mile, and so we were doing a like three and four times.
Speaker 1: I was like, I can till we're gonna walk around this because if you go.
Speaker 15: To Netflix it's just back and forth in front of the parking lot, right back and forth. But Disney, we was at you know, we had everybody, all of the black writers and the actors. It was like we was like okay, we felt like slaves were just going around.
Speaker 4: And round and round. We got more with Sherry Sheppard when we come back, don't move. It's to Breakfast Club.
Speaker 6: Good morning morning everybody. It's dj n V Charlamagne de goud. We all the Breakfast Club was to kicking it with Sherry Shepard. Now you got flacken first for bringing the show back right away. People were mad at first.
Speaker 15: People were upset with me, but nobody picking it at my show because I wasn't doing anything wrong. The reason why is because talk shows, reality shows, dan shows, competition shows, we're all under a different contract.
Speaker 1: We're not under a sag after contract.
Speaker 15: And so if you had any WGA riders, then you were a struck show.
Speaker 1: You could not go on. I don't have WGA riders. Know, the WGA is in my head.
Speaker 15: I write all of my own stuff, and then somebody will say, what a joke is not funny or maybe if you say something like this. So I never had any writers on my show, so we were able to keep going. Gotcha, And I sure had a meeting with everybody on my crew and staff and said, we are blessed because we are allowed to keep going. We all have a job, so it's not rocket science. We are here to make people laugh and forget about their problems. So before anybody starts complaining, doesn't remember we have a job, because there's a lot of people and otherwise I'll be on Instagram, crayme like the other people ran and we understand why I'm doing this and no, So we're very blessed.
Speaker 4: And you're a comedian, so you can go on that road and make money too.
Speaker 1: That's what you know. All my friends who are coming, let me tell you. Kim Whitley is on the road. Like she got Joshua in the suitcase, her son.
Speaker 4: She is on the road.
Speaker 15: She's going to Puerto Rico. She going here, And I said, girl, why you keep going on the road. She said, because I'm not working. She's an actress, right, so what she does is stand up comedy. So yes, all my friends who are stand ups, Chris Spencer, they get back on that road.
Speaker 2: Do you ever worry about the new generation only knowing you as a daytime host over being a stand up coming the new generation.
Speaker 1: No, I'm okay. I'm okay because they all now calling me aunty.
Speaker 15: I think the new generation, even after the breast reduction, I don't mind unty though. Unty is to me it's a sign of respect because you could be calling me something else. So I feel like the young ones now when they say, oh my god, you're a legend.
Speaker 1: You inspire me. Even Jess. I texted her and I said, just hilarious.
Speaker 15: I say, you do things at a level you make it look easy, which means you're working hard, and I appreciate that. And she goes, she goes, you know what I means so much from alleged, Like you know, I was like, hey, shin't dead. I'm not dead, Okay, damn. Then, but I appreciate what Jess hilarious said because it's like she said, that means a lot coming from you because you're alleged, which means, yeah, you look up to me.
Speaker 2: I'm glad you brought up just because I think about like you as a daytime hole.
Speaker 4: So you think of like a D. L. Hugley or Steve Harvey doing radio every day.
Speaker 2: It's something about having that platform every day that elevates everything, right said, like you do daytime TV. You do that with the view, and you do it now with your own show. But then DL has his own radio show, Steve has his own radio show. It's something about being on a platform every day that elevates you as a comic.
Speaker 1: Too, right, Yes, it's okay, God, damn COVID.
Speaker 2: This is a damn life. What is going on?
Speaker 4: Is happening?
Speaker 2: Mercy? Get her some water? Get on COVID some water please, we might.
Speaker 1: Need a mask.
Speaker 2: I don't know. I know COVID call when I hear one.
Speaker 6: You know a COVID call that does not at it's not COVID cough, that is definitely COVID.
Speaker 1: Oh my gosh, I'm so sorry. Okay, I'm good.
Speaker 2: You sure.
Speaker 1: Look Leslie Jones, it's text to me.
Speaker 2: Now.
Speaker 15: See when you had COVID you can't even have a good call, you know, it's one of them calls like you somewhere where you can't cough, and then you start your shoulders move.
Speaker 1: Oh my god, Jesus, I got it.
Speaker 4: And when you have a platform and elevates you with this comic.
Speaker 1: You do, because you have a platform to go on every day.
Speaker 15: That's that's what I love about having a talk show because I'm able to bring people on like my laugh lounge, what we have, and so I'm able to bring comics on that I know are brilliant that wouldn't be able to go on a talk show.
Speaker 1: And so yeah, I got that platform.
Speaker 15: I got that.
Speaker 1: Platform to bring on a chef that maybe needs some shine, you know.
Speaker 15: I got the platform to bring on artists like New Edition and give them the entire show, you know, to show people.
Speaker 8: No it's.
Speaker 1: I'm and normally I.
Speaker 15: Got all the breast to like diffuse it, but I don't have my breast to like hold it back.
Speaker 1: I think that's why I'm missing. Oh my gosh, it's going past it.
Speaker 15: But no, it's so nice to have a show where I do have the platform and I do come into people's homes and I'm able to say Tracy Spencer and Chinese came on the show, and that was one of our highest rated shows, so because people wanted to see them. So yeah, Deal has his platform for politics. I have my platform to make people laugh and just feel good, and I.
Speaker 2: Feel like it gives you more material when you do hit the stage.
Speaker 1: I have so much material. I wish I could do it behind the scenes.
Speaker 15: That's the material I can't do until I'm like ninety and I write my book. But it gives me a lot of material.
Speaker 4: Absolutely feel free detected.
Speaker 1: Just tell her that to be hind in the scene, to hold it to ninety.
Speaker 4: Having a daily platform is a good thing.
Speaker 9: Now.
Speaker 1: We love Just We're trying to We're trying. We're trying to get Ess on. I'm just saying, I tell you, I love Jess.
Speaker 4: We love Jess.
Speaker 1: Just is like Jess with the mess. I love her.
Speaker 4: She checked me this morning, checked us this morning from l A.
Speaker 1: That's that Baltimore, that's at Baltimore and Jess. I love Jess.
Speaker 15: We had Country wayining on the show, and I swear to gosh, I wanted to go, so what happened with you and Jess? But I'm the kind of show I'm not gonna get no mess. I want you to have a good time. But I really was like, what happened with you and Jess?
Speaker 4: Country Way?
Speaker 2: Tell me? But you still got country waiting in trouble A little bit, just a little bit, a little bit of back on social media.
Speaker 4: Because baby mamas.
Speaker 15: I didn't realize because I couldn't believe. I was like, how much you pay? So when he said two hundred, I was like, oh my god. I didn't mean to get him in trouble. That's a lot of kids. Why y'all like having so many kids?
Speaker 4: Don't?
Speaker 2: I got four with one woman, one beautiful black one.
Speaker 1: But I just go why like Nick Cannon got ninety two kids.
Speaker 2: Your fault is not my fault because you took the spot from him. If you'd had daytime TV.
Speaker 15: Would have had time to make no kid, he wouldn't have had time to make no more babes. So you said so when the show was taken, he was depressed because y'all can't. Y'all will have sex no matter what. Y'all have sex when you get a great job. You have sex when you feel and confident. You have a sex when you depressed. You want to have sex when you'd have lost your job. No matter what, you will always want to have sex. Sex is like breathing to y'all.
Speaker 1: You have to have it.
Speaker 15: Y'all are pretty semin No, it is not like breathing to us when you're in your twenties and your thirties.
Speaker 1: It is like breathing.
Speaker 15: Like you think people think about sex. Girls thinking about sex all the time. But as you we just age different, other stuff starts coming in.
Speaker 2: So you very well give you that feeling.
Speaker 1: Now, then great conversation, if I see things that are sexy to me, is when you are like committed. I love a man that's creative.
Speaker 15: I love a man that loves great conversation because physically I'm practical. You can't be throwing me up in the air and think my knee gonna stay in place. So like you gotta you gotta like I'm one of them fragile dollars that have been on the china, the shelf with the fine china.
Speaker 1: So when you take me down, like you know what I like, it will break you. You gotta be like careful with me, Like Jess Hilaria.
Speaker 15: She put her legs everywhere, Jess and then she still be talking mess and she did, and you can just throw Jess Hilarious every which way, bang her up on.
Speaker 2: No.
Speaker 1: Now, I just found I just heard the lyrics to that.
Speaker 15: Oh my god, I was like, what are these girls talking about nowadays?
Speaker 1: When did you talking.
Speaker 15: About your booty hole me sexy to people, you know, because she's gonna be like this untie. Okay, gone, old lady. What is when did just get money and and get showing your booty hole to dudes become sexy me? I'm up from the school of let him imagine something. Don't just come and show him every day. Don't just when did your booty become like the emphasis?
Speaker 2: Now it's not fed because our generation was like that little.
Speaker 15: Kim And yes, we had we had a wild side. But I just feel like these girls, we don't have anything to balance it. Because back then when you had little Cam and you had Latifa going you and I t Y, you had, you had Queen, you had Lauren Hill.
Speaker 4: You have a rhapsody now you know.
Speaker 1: Yeah, But I don't think you have enough. And so that's all you're getting.
Speaker 4: I keep a lock. We got more with Sherry Sheppard. When we come back. It's the Breakfast Club.
Speaker 6: Good Morning Morning, Everybody's dj n V. Charlamagne the God. We are the Breakfast Club. We're still kicking it with Sherry Shepherd. Lord Jesus Christ, this is.
Speaker 15: Saint still on the train, just because I'm getting passionate about when I'm still on the train.
Speaker 4: Rangers.
Speaker 1: No, you just everybody on the train.
Speaker 18: Pick.
Speaker 15: Millions of people ride the trade all the time, and I'm trying to show my son how to ride the train, except I keep getting lost, so I'm not showing him anything.
Speaker 1: We get lost everywhere.
Speaker 15: But he need to learn how to ride a trade because he don't have the money to take an uber.
Speaker 1: I take an uber over there, I am, but my shoulders aren't he even?
Speaker 2: Yeah, my booty.
Speaker 15: And I have nothing against against uh Sex, miss read. I have nothing against miss Red.
Speaker 1: I just feel like we.
Speaker 4: Went off.
Speaker 20: TV.
Speaker 1: I don't know. That's always my God.
Speaker 15: When I tell you, in my whole thirty years have been I've never had a coughin fit everever I must be sending it. I must be doing something wrong, because Jesus never lets me. I've never had a coughin fit, and I've always prayed, Please don't let me have a coughin fit on a.
Speaker 4: Live shower because you want to see it.
Speaker 1: No, don't wish that on me.
Speaker 15: Don't wish that on me, because then Leslie Jones will not leave me alone.
Speaker 1: That's all I need is to be coughing on the air lets. It's gonna be like this.
Speaker 15: She got COVID and she given it to everybody. Everybody feeling through TV right now you don't have COVID.
Speaker 7: Take a couple of days off, I'm going and say that, Wow, my gosh, don't.
Speaker 1: Do that to me. Oh my gosh, don't do you do that to me. That's my sister camera, Oh my gosh.
Speaker 15: But no, I just feel like women, young women today, they also need the other side. But I think we got too much of this side of Everything is about our bodies, and so where's the where's the woman that singing about the other stuff?
Speaker 1: The more positive so is? That's all I.
Speaker 15: Feel, you know, for me at this age, I'm not I don't think that's gonna work me on to a man. Go on my bootyhole, booty hole thick. They gonna be like, okay, I don't know what they say. I sound like the bost six pound booty hole.
Speaker 1: I don't see what the difference is between bootyhole brown and bootyhole thick. It's the same. It's nasty. It's all nasty.
Speaker 4: I don't know how we got the booty holes.
Speaker 1: I don't know how we did either, but that's not gonna work for somebody like me. Somebody like me coming and singing that kind of song, they're gonna be like, if you don't go home and turn on Golden Bachelor and leave us alone.
Speaker 4: But I'm a Golden Bachelor.
Speaker 15: The TV show a TV show, Golden, the highest ratings on ABC. They have a gold They have a bachelor who's seventy years bachelor.
Speaker 6: No, I did not have a crushing guy. I did like the Bachelor in the baschelrette. I thought it was pretty good. But they have Golden.
Speaker 15: Yes, he is seventy two years old and it is all women over like fifty five, buying for his attention. Highest rated show on ABC, right mat, It's amazing. And there was one woman came and opened up her robe and I was like, okay, that stuff used to work when you was twenty. You can't go showing a seventy two year old man because it's just some stuff that ain't right.
Speaker 1: We supposed to hide. Right now, I gotta do the bait and switch.
Speaker 15: Like right now, like young young boys be coming to me, and I'm like, I got to do a little bit of baiting switch.
Speaker 1: The baiting switch is like I don't want you to know.
Speaker 15: I'll be tweezing my chin hairs and a little young boy walking the road see me tweezing, he gonna be traumatized.
Speaker 1: Oh that's gone.
Speaker 15: I don't want him to see me filing that. You know, look rub my bunions. That's gonna that's gonna hurt him.
Speaker 1: You know, I don't. I don't.
Speaker 15: He don't need to see me lotion on my feet like three full times and then going to get the oil and put more lotion on. He don't need to see my feet absorbing all at moisturizer and they still be ashy.
Speaker 1: It's like it's just stuff that he don't need.
Speaker 15: When you get this age, you know what your conversation is with your girlfriends, the medication that you're taking.
Speaker 1: What I charlote mane.
Speaker 2: I was on the phone with Duvall and I'm walking into CVS. I ain't even realize that and I'm talking like what you're doing picking up my eleft roow message pig.
Speaker 15: Here's how you know when you ad an eighth When you went to doctor's office and they go, are you on any other medication?
Speaker 1: You're like, yeah, I'm on rosava satin. I'm on valsar.
Speaker 15: And you know the names of your medication. You know one is for blood pressure. I'm gonna men form me because of my diabetes. You when you used to walk in my room just want to want to traumatize the young wo when it be coming to hey mama and all you fine and all this. When you walk into my bedroom. My dresser used to look so pretty. It had candles on it, It had a Comma suit trip book. It was like set in the mood. If you walk in my room now it looked like a pharmaceutical It looked like a pharmacy.
Speaker 1: Sitting I got.
Speaker 15: I got melotonic to help me go to sleep. I got something to help me wake up.
Speaker 4: I got something.
Speaker 1: I think I may have pepto bizmo sitting right there, because sometimes I wake up and I'm like, ooh, what did I eat? It's just things going on. I got hot flash medication.
Speaker 2: That's stating them on that stat I'm.
Speaker 1: On that statue.
Speaker 15: I got strips for this, I got I got my diabetes monitor. I gotta put on my glue on my phone be going off because it's like blood blush.
Speaker 1: You're too low, blood you're too hot. It's like, you know, so first of all, if we snuggling, you gonna wake up because this alarm going on because of my diabetes is acting up. I have to do a bait and switch.
Speaker 4: I got to.
Speaker 1: I can't let them because I'll be telling women.
Speaker 15: Stop telling these men everything when you first meet them.
Speaker 4: Sherry, do you hear yourself? Have you heard yourself?
Speaker 2: The last?
Speaker 4: You know everything?
Speaker 2: Anything? Everything.
Speaker 1: But here's the thing about being my age. Now, I don't care.
Speaker 2: That's right.
Speaker 4: That's right because.
Speaker 15: Somebody gonna come in there and say, you know what I can get past that. I can do all that because here's the thing you can get with a twenty two year old if you want to.
Speaker 1: And that's good. She gets brings you a freshness and a vitality.
Speaker 15: But say Frankie Beverly and maze and see what you can see the blank look on her face.
Speaker 1: She's gonna be like, man, who Frankie, who is that?
Speaker 15: Tell her that there's that somebody did a remix of somebody's song, and she's gonna be like, wait a minute, what that's what I can give you? You can have some good Tell me when you say your knees hurt my knees hurt too, that's right.
Speaker 2: So we got I'll pick up my prescription for me.
Speaker 1: I can pick up your prescription for you.
Speaker 15: And I know, Charlemagne, Okay, you married and I respect that, but let's say you are single. I know if you get that look on your face and your face goes slack, I'm gonna running there and get that red pill. I know that, and I know I got to give you that red pill within ten minutes of your face going slack. You know what the twenty two year ago, she gonna be like, oh my god, it's.
Speaker 4: A feel good.
Speaker 1: It is it feel good?
Speaker 2: You want me to do some you want.
Speaker 15: And you over there freaking in your arm and rost.
Speaker 1: Okay, daddy, come on, daddy for booty home. I know the signs of a struct Charlemagne. I know your heart. I know to get that dad on because I know somewhere in that we got a heart monitor and the oxygen thing to put on your finger.
Speaker 15: Okay, so that's what you're not gonna get from the twenty two years, but you're gonna get it from Sherry.
Speaker 2: Okay.
Speaker 15: I know how to call your mom and talk to I know when you're going crazy and what I say to you, I'm going to call your mama the way talk call your mama.
Speaker 1: You know, to act up dat right now?
Speaker 2: That's right, Sherry Shepherd Ladies.
Speaker 1: Shows.
Speaker 4: Make sure you check it out. We appreciate you for joining us.
Speaker 1: Thank you and just hilarious. Come out girl, we won't you there?
Speaker 2: You go?
Speaker 4: All right, it's the Breakfast Club. Thank you for joining us. Is Cherry Shepher Ladies.
Speaker 2: The morail of the story is get you a woman that can recognize the signs of a stroke. The color of a booty hole does not matter when you're having a stroke. You hear me.
Speaker 4: Okay, you know what, Let's get your rooms from.
Speaker 2: Names or you've gossip been chatty?
Speaker 4: Is the rumor report?
Speaker 19: I mean, I guess we're on the breakfast Club. This is where the tea spells right right?
Speaker 4: All right, well, let's get right to Travis Kelsey.
Speaker 6: Charlamagne talked about earlier that he was doing his podcast and talked to about the NFL's obsession with celebrities.
Speaker 12: Is the NFL overdoing it? What is your honest opinion?
Speaker 22: Not?
Speaker 1: I think I think everybody just like Overwelmings for Taylor, What is.
Speaker 12: Your honest opinion on how the NFL is treating uh celebrities at games.
Speaker 23: I think it's fun when they show who all is at the game, you know, I think, uh, I think it brings a little bit more to the atmosphere, brings a little bit more to to what you're watching. But at the same time, I think, uh, they're overdoing it. They're they're overdoing it a little bit.
Speaker 12: I just think the NFL is not used to celebrities coming to the games. Like basketball has to figure it out. They're all court side, they're sitting there. They show them once or twice and then and then but they get back to the game. The NFL is like, look at all these a celebrities of the game. Keep showing them, showing them, show them, show dude, listen, you show them once. Let them know there maybe after a touchdown.
Speaker 4: What is it in the first time celebrities that have been showing up the football game? Not at all.
Speaker 2: I just think that uh, Taylor Swift is having a very unique moment of celebrity. Now, mind you, Taylor Swift has been around for a long time, but she's the biggest pop artist right She's the biggest star in the world at the moment, you know what I mean. But like I said, she's been around for a long time, so she's having a very unique moment of celebrity where it's like literally all odds are on her, All headlines are about her. Correct, you know, she can fought and people will talk about it, you know, cro when she shows up to the games.
Speaker 4: It's it's just a little different level of celebrity, right, But they kept showing her all throughout the game.
Speaker 2: Because reality is, there was about four or five celebrities that came to the game on Sunday, but they keep talking about Taylor Swift. It was Taylor Swift. It was Wolverine, it was Matthew McConaughey. They were all together though, Uh who the other?
Speaker 4: Uh Ryan Googler, what's his name?
Speaker 2: Dead Pool? But that's what that was. That was dead Pool. That was right.
Speaker 6: It was Wolverine and dead Pool. I'm tripping, well, that was Wolverine and Deadpool. Congratulations again to Taylor Swift.
Speaker 2: And so the rumors of Taylor Swift being dazzled might absolutely be true. I didn't even put that together. Why did I think of that? I saw the room that Taylor Swift might be dazzling Deadpool three and now I'm sitting in mind blown because she came to the game with Wolverine and Hugh Jackman on Sunday.
Speaker 6: Wow, what are you talking about? But anyway, now let's talk about Anthony Mackie. You know Anthony Mackie, an actor. Uh, he's uh went viral the last couple of days because he refused to take picture with.
Speaker 4: A young fan.
Speaker 6: That wow, all right, So if you couldn't really hear what happened, Anthony Mackie was out and about this happened actually at Essence and a young boy, black boy, went and wanted to take a picture, uh, and he said no. The grandmother couldn't believe that Anthony Mackie said no, So she walked over there and asked, Hey, can you take a picture with my grandson. He's eleven years old, he's super duper excited to see you. He said no, and she was hurt. She was very, very disturbed by it. So she posted the video and posted it on her Instagram and social media.
Speaker 4: Very sad.
Speaker 6: She wanted the picture. She said, you know, he's a Marvel hero. Her grandson loves watching the Marvel movie and all he wanted to do was take a picture with his hero, Captain America. He's a new black Captain America. He's also a human being.
Speaker 2: And if a human being is such up a boundary and a human being doesn't want to be bothered in the moment, that human being has that right. And what's the point of asking a person a question if you can't take the answer he gives you? Is that really a question? If I ask you something but I tell you no, why'd you ask me.
Speaker 20: To be in with?
Speaker 4: See?
Speaker 6: This is a difficult one, right, And it's a tough one, right And no, it is a difficult run because he's playing a black superhero and there's a lot of kids out there that are excited to see Anthony Mackie. They watch him on television. Probably he didn't know anybody anything. I know, he doesn't, I know.
Speaker 4: Come nobody ever thinks about what he might have been going through in that moment.
Speaker 11: I know, I know.
Speaker 6: But this is a young black boy that is excited to see his black superhero being Captain America. And he probably would never get this opportunity again. And all he wanted to do is take a picture with somebody. He probably idolized and looked up to, and that's all he wanted was a picture.
Speaker 2: So it's difficult. Everybody everything. Everybody can debate what they would do and what they wouldn't do. You not in that man situation. You don't know what he was going through in that moment. You don't know why he chose to say no. But he chose to say no, and that's his right. You asked me a question, you asked me to do something I said I would, I would not prefer to do that at this time. I look at two sides.
Speaker 6: I look at one side because the amount of time that you said knowing and you told Grandma absolutely not, you could have took the picture, could have been moving right. But then also I do get it because if he takes one picture could have been allined for seven thousand pictures.
Speaker 4: I get it.
Speaker 6: But it's very difficult because these young kids are the reason why a lot of these people in their position, they support that that movie. They love that movie. They're tied into the movie. And I couldn't imagine being a kid and seeing somebody that I idolized in a movie, or a wrestler that I idolize, or a baseball player, basketball player that I love watching and supporting by their jersey and their baseball cards.
Speaker 4: And they're sneakers and I see them on the street and I ask for picture and they say no, Yeah, because you're the only child has nothing to do it. Being the only child.
Speaker 2: Only child shout a tough enough, butter Cup, Okay, right, all right, what Candab's one said, candas one said, life stuffwear a helmet, get you tough up, but Cup, you know, your only.
Speaker 22: Children so used to getting your own, You're just not gonna get your life. People are gonna tell you no, and it's fine at eleven. Yes, you know, I'm like, you gotta stop doing that to people.
Speaker 4: Man Like.
Speaker 2: People do not owe you anything at all. I don't care who they are. Sometimes in life you're gonna hear noose and that's fine. Your life is gonna be destroyed because of no because in life all you need is one. Yes, I've definitely gotten way more nose than I'm not.
Speaker 4: Imagine you a wrestler fan and you can see ho Cogin.
Speaker 6: Oh no, that's right, that's savage of Hokoging. Oh yeah, that's whole cooking. Yeah, you see him and You're like, oh yeah, and he's like, no way and he walks away.
Speaker 2: Do that hurt you?
Speaker 6: You see that video of Whole that kid walking into Whole Cogan and he starts acting like Whole Cogan hurt.
Speaker 4: Back, Hagan calling you a nigga. You've seen that video.
Speaker 2: When you see that video, that would hurt you more because they get out on my face nigga.
Speaker 4: All right, Tuchet stopping man.
Speaker 2: People got boundaries and if you if the person says they boundaries, respect them. Like I'm not mad because the person told me no, Especially when you asked me the question, Hey, would you like to do such and such? If my answer is no, respect my answer because if you're expecting a yes, you weren't even.
Speaker 4: Really asking me. You came over here with a sense of entitlement in a way.
Speaker 6: Runn from run DMC was in the store one time and I asked him for an autograph, and you know what he told me?
Speaker 4: He said yes.
Speaker 6: And because of that, I remember that all my life and I'm so grateful that run gaming that autograph when I was like nine ten years old.
Speaker 4: Little boy, remember that no from Anthony mackiews He'll be fine. I don't know what the said that. You think he's not gonna remember that, right, remember right, be right? All right, Well that is your room report.
Speaker 2: He give your donkeys man man for after the hour, we're gonna talk to you about why we all love McDonald's, but not as much as this man named George.
Speaker 6: Was George's last name, George de Mama. That is definitely his last George de Marius. There you go, Yes, all right, we'll get to a nexus, the breakfast cluvel morning.
Speaker 4: The breakfast club. Your mornings will never be the same.
Speaker 2: Donkey up to.
Speaker 1: Damn he hogged.
Speaker 3: It's time for donkey, I mean trying to beat donkey today.
Speaker 1: No more.
Speaker 2: They should be embarrassed by what they already did.
Speaker 4: I'm not making these people do these.
Speaker 2: Days called donkey of the day. And it really caught me off guard.
Speaker 15: Damn Charlamagne, who got the donkey out of the day today?
Speaker 2: Well, Jess, hilarious donkey today for Thursday, October fifth, go to a North Dakota man named George de Marius.
Speaker 4: He's thirty three years old and he loves McDonald's.
Speaker 2: Okay, it's very hard to do donkey of the day's like this, and not sound like I'm doing a commercial, but it's not an advertisement.
Speaker 4: I'm just reminiscent.
Speaker 2: I think it's safe to say that ninety five percent of the world, regardless of how you feel about fast food, has some type of positive core memory in regards to the golden archists. Okay, if you're born in the nineteen hundreds like I am, then you know Ronald McDonald's. You know the Hamburglar, you know Mac Tonight, you know a Birdy, the Early Bird. You know Officer Big Mac, you know Grimace. You know why those characters are so popular because McDonald's is so popular. Okay, we've all took a dive in that McDonald's playpin at some point in our lives envy. Did you ever play with those colored balls in the playpin when you was a kid? Of course you did, all right. But the reason, the reason, the reason we really love McDonald's is because of the food. Okay, once again, I was born in nineteen hundred and seventy eight, so I grew up with McDonald's. Wow, my mouth water are just thinking about it. When I grew up and when McDonald's used to cook their fries and a vat of cottonseed oil and beef tallow, commonly known as fat. Okay, Moca'm gladwell had an amazing podcast on this one time.
Speaker 4: Go listen to it.
Speaker 2: Malcolm glad Weall's revision is history titled McDonald's Broke My Heart. Listen When those fries were loaded with saturated fat amazing. Okay, McDonald's switched to pure vegetable oil in nineteen hundred and ninety. That's why the fries lost their meaty taste. But they still slap all right. But McDonald's fries when they are hot, are some of the ultimate comfort food. Moral of the story is we all love McDonald's. I have loved McDonald's at some point, but I believe it's safe to say none of us love McDonald's as much as George Demarius. See George Demarius is a type of human I hate because he's an entitled prick. I can't stand people with a sense of entitlement. Entitlement is the grossest kind of human behavior. A sense of entitlement is a cancerout thought process that is voided gratitude, and it is a death blow to any type of relationship.
Speaker 4: And this man, George de Marius, is beyond entitled.
Speaker 2: See he walked into a McDonald's and went up to a random customer in McDonald's and demanded, dismay by him a big Mac and a half. First of all, thirty three is a big age. Okay, way too big to be asking for a happy meal? What the hell you're gonna do with the kid? Saz Brian's mapplescenes. This man asked for a happy meal and the person he was demanding this happy meal from replied rightfully, so get a job. And when he said that, all hell broke loose. Let's go to CBS News please.
Speaker 24: Police in Bismarck arrested two people this weekend after one man was acting violent near a fast food restaurant. That happened a little before one o'clock in the afternoon at McDonald's along Tyler Parkway.
Speaker 1: Police say a man told.
Speaker 24: Them he was walking in to grab lunch when he was approached by another man, George de Marius. The man said to Marius asked him to buy him a big Mac and a happy meal. Police say the man told de Marius to go get a job. The man says he then walked in to get in line when he says De Marius followed him inside and pointed a gun at him, telling him what he said was disrespectful. Witnesses then say de Marius swore at the man and left. Police also arrested de Marius's girlfriend, Luise flying By, because they say she gave officers a fake name. Police also say de Marius had concealed the gun he was carrying in his one year old daughter's stroller. De Marius appeared in court this afternoon and he is being charged with terrorizing.
Speaker 4: I would like the record to show that Eloise flying By sounds like a fake name.
Speaker 2: So what name does she get? I want to know the name she actually gave. First of all, dropping the clues bombs for Trent guff Miller. Okay, he's the forty three year old man who rightfully told Jorge to get a job and proceeded to get in line and order his own food. And I'm gonna tell you straight up, I probably would have bought the food for George, okay, depending how he asked, and because I would have asked him, are you getting this happy meal? Because the child you love is hungry? And Trent, I have to say, I don't know how things are in North Dakota. Personally, I wouldn't have dismissed this man like that, even though I know I have no problem with what you said and how you handed yourself. I just feel like I would have dismissed this man like that, not in twenty twenty three. I would have treated him a little bit more kinder, treated him like a human, simply because this man is clearly dealing with something. There are some issues here, there's some pain that he clearly couldn't wait to project. And if you thirty three and you come into a McDonald's asking another girln man to buy you a big mac and a happy meal, then life clearly has you dealing with some desperate times. Now. The president of the Fat Lives Matter Committee said to me this morning, I should have given the he has solely to Trent, because what happened to paying it forward, what happened to being a good Samaritan, look out for your fellow man. He told me, if there is a choice between a bullet and a happy meal, he's taking the happy meal. Of course you would because you're fat, Okay. I also replied to him, let the record show you would take the happy meal regardless now that's facts.
Speaker 4: That is facts.
Speaker 2: Trent didn't know it was going to escalate this though he didn't know it was gonna escalate the gun play. And I hate when we tell the victim is their fault, because it's not. This is nobody's issue, but George's. Not only did George put himself in danger, he put his one year old daughter in danger because he stashed a nine milimeters pistol inside the stroller where his one year old daughter was sitting, and officers had to point their gun in the direction of him and his young daughter while.
Speaker 4: Arrests than him.
Speaker 2: Listen, we all love McDonald's, but not enough to be charged with terrorizing with a dangerous weapon. Now, George is potentially traded in his love of the Golden Archers for golden showers. From the playpen to the penitentiary, from the quarter pounded to getting pounded every quarter hour, from nuggets with sweet and sour sauce to niggas it's eating sauce on you and showers. That is not what you want your life to be. Kids, Please give George de Marius, oh a matter of fact, loving it now, Please give George Marius the sweet sounds of the Hamiltons.
Speaker 1: Oh no, you are the dogs of the day.
Speaker 4: Ye I agree with you. It is nasty.
Speaker 2: And George pulled a gun on that man just because he wouldn't bomb some McDonald's.
Speaker 6: No great play of words. We're talking about gold nuggets, the golden showers who said that sweet and sour sauce to you know what? In shower who said that?
Speaker 4: You I ain't say. None of those things prove it all right?
Speaker 6: Well, thank you for that dog he today, B E T. We'll see o'all tomorrow, piece b e T. Everybody else asked C and E eight hundred five eight five one oh five one. If you need relationship advisor, any type of advice, phone lines of wide open eight hundred five eight five one oh five one, call us up right now.
Speaker 4: It's the Breakfast Club.
Speaker 3: Good morning, the Breakfast clubs.
Speaker 4: Ask Charlamagne or dj MV anything, pick it up, Pick it up, pick it up. It's time to ast.
Speaker 1: C and E.
Speaker 4: Morning everybody.
Speaker 6: It's dj n V Charlomagne, the God. We are the Breakfast Club. It's time for as C and E. If you need relationship adviser any type of advice, you can call us right now.
Speaker 4: We got Kenny on the line. Kenny, good morning, good morning, good morning.
Speaker 2: How y'all doing good? Brother?
Speaker 4: What's your course of the C and E?
Speaker 20: All right?
Speaker 9: Man?
Speaker 20: Hear you guys talking about your kids A love? Man, I got a picture old in a two year old, and I don't want to know like you got that anybody. I'm becoming a better father to us down.
Speaker 2: Man.
Speaker 13: My dad was not really around, but I don't really got weird but instruction about what they're doing. Then, from what I hear from a lot of other people, they're saying like, you really don't know if you did a good job until they hear a certain age.
Speaker 2: I'll tell you what my mama told me. Man, My mom always told me just love Like when I asked my mom for advice on raising kids, she said, just love them because there is.
Speaker 4: No rule book, there is no manual.
Speaker 2: You know, the only thing that we can do is, you know, it's pour into our kids. And I mean, we know what we went through as children that we didn't like, so let's not pass that on to our children.
Speaker 4: Like I don't.
Speaker 2: I don't. I don't put hands on my children. I don't beat my kids, you know what I mean? That's one thing. And then I'm gonna tell you the biggest thing I do as a parent. I apologize because I got four daughters, so I don't get things right all the time. And you know, when I do get things wrong, I just simply apologize with my kids. And I got a fifteen year old, eight year old, the five year old, and the two year old. I apologize to all of them if I feel like I got something wrong. That's that's all I can tell you.
Speaker 4: Brother. Yeah, for myself, I will tell you this.
Speaker 6: You know, me and a wife, we actually are writing a book called Real Life, Real Family where we talk about raising our kids.
Speaker 4: And I have six.
Speaker 6: I got a twenty one or nineteen ten, and nine to seven in the two and one thing I do is is I tried the things that I didn't like as a parent that my parents did. I try to incorporate or take out of me being as a parent. I like to, like Charlott may say, I like to lead with love, like I really love my children. Tell them I love them all the time, tell them I appreciate them, compliment them all the time, tell them how smart they are.
Speaker 4: And the most important thing for myself is giving them the time.
Speaker 6: I know a lot of time as parents, we want to grind and we want to hustle, we want to make money, we want to do this, but there's no better thing for myself than that time.
Speaker 4: Like last night I was, I was playing basketball with my.
Speaker 6: Daughter's boyfriend, and the whole family was there playing basketball, and we were just all there together as a family, and they like that more than anything else. It's not like quality time you were spending with your daughter's boyfriends, with everybody, the whole family is there.
Speaker 4: You didn't say that earlier.
Speaker 2: Earlier, earlier, he said it was just you and playing one, said you're playing one one on.
Speaker 6: It wasn't one on one, but the whole family was there and and but they got the chance to see that and laugh and have fun with dad.
Speaker 2: So that was the whole thing's been. You played the game of sixty nine. I know games of twenty one. When I was a kid, I didn't play. It was a young playing games, and on one played twenty one and say her and the boy you played sixty nine, and say sixty nine. This is about this man, Kenny asking a question. We didn't play sixty nine. We played horse, all right, wow. Wow, y'all was showing each other trig Oh my goodness.
Speaker 4: But Kenny, uh.
Speaker 20: Yeah, yeah, that's what I've been doing from the time with them, doing as much as I can. I've been talk and my daughter started chilling up my hands all Dad and my son he loved cars, so we started taking them a car shows and stuff like that.
Speaker 4: But you know, absolutely, that's what you and you know what we're really impressing. I do this with my daughter.
Speaker 6: My daughter is in the dance right, but when they're doing their cheerleading thing. You you you practiced with them like you let him know, daddy, kids, And yes, I practiced with.
Speaker 2: My my daughter's love much chair.
Speaker 20: Dad.
Speaker 4: You'll know your daughter chairs. I couldn't do my daughter's chairs.
Speaker 2: If I try and see my daughter does competitive cheer leading, my daughter does dance, and I'll be dancing with him. You look stupid, I do. But anty thank you with your daughter this night when you all was playing a little game with one on one, wasn't chill jealous? I tell you another thing, too jealous real quick. Don't raise your kids out of fear like I know my dad raised me out of fear. You know what I'm saying, even though he did love me, but he didn't want me to make the same mistakes that he made. And I think a lot of times when we don't want our kids to make the same mistakes that we made, we end up raising our kids out of fear, you know, instead of love, man, just.
Speaker 4: Love man, love love, love love love.
Speaker 6: Ask see and E eight hundred five eight five one on five one. If you got a question, call us now. It's the breakfast Club. Good morning, that time asked Charlamagne and DJ NV anything, pick it up, pick it up up, It's time to ask see any morning, everybody. It's DJ Envy Charlomagne the God. We are the breakfast club in the middle of asked and if you have questions, relationship questions and any type of questions, you could call us now.
Speaker 25: Hello, Hello, Hi, Sha the man.
Speaker 4: Let's go.
Speaker 20: I'm good.
Speaker 25: So y'all ready for my question?
Speaker 4: What's your question? Mama?
Speaker 6: Okay?
Speaker 25: So my question is how I get my husband to stop eating all the food in the house. Like every time I cook, he eats more than his share, He eats up everybody's foods. Me and my daughter end up only getting one plate. Hell if I save a snack in the cabinet. He's eating it before.
Speaker 20: I get to it.
Speaker 25: And last night I cooked rama and I put steak and trumpet it. But I saved high for the steaks to uh make a baked potato for today for the family. It's inflation. I'm trying to spead the meal out. I wake up and the steak is gone, like he's eating up everything. I feel like that's a lack of respect.
Speaker 4: How big is he?
Speaker 17: He's skin has all yod He's skinnier than me.
Speaker 2: I can't believe you calling. If you're complaining about your husband eating, that is I've never heard such. If you know the man likes to eat, then buy more food. Either that or offer him more.
Speaker 4: One of the two man Jesus may get more money.
Speaker 25: It's extensive, so if you know it's expensive, that means we got to stretch it.
Speaker 8: You got.
Speaker 2: You got one daughter?
Speaker 4: Yeah what and she is just as much as I cannot believe that.
Speaker 2: You're complaining about your family that likes to eat. And I bet you like to eat too. I bet you if I talk to your husband and your daughter.
Speaker 25: That's why I was complaining because I love to eat. But when I go to get my food.
Speaker 1: It's gone.
Speaker 25: Like I'll save a sneaker bar and I like to say stuff, you know, for longer than I should, and by the time it's back, but by the time I have a taste for it, it's going. That's not just respectful.
Speaker 2: Does he get high smoke?
Speaker 25: Yeah, that's it.
Speaker 6: That's he's high and hungry and it happens to the best of us. But you might do you put your name on your stuff.
Speaker 25: It's only three people in my house, y'all know what's.
Speaker 2: Fine, all jokes aside. Put your name on stuff that boundaries. But you gotta have snacks for him because you know he likes to get high, and then you gotta hide stuff. You might just have to hide stuff when he can't find it. Just hide it in the house you can't find.
Speaker 21: Do that.
Speaker 2: That's that's gonna cause the problem. That's like, don't hide, that's.
Speaker 25: Gonna call it hide. And he still found it.
Speaker 6: Then he smelled it out. Now you're gonna have to hide and put your name on it, you know. But I feel bad for you. But he's probably smoking. Like Charlamagne said, he get high and then he wants some snacks and he hungry.
Speaker 2: The money you can do.
Speaker 4: They got the munchy snacks, baby, that's all. Get him some monchy snacks. That's a respect fact, respect respect.
Speaker 2: For him to eat your food. You know how Chick fil a Cow's got that sign that say eat more chicken. You need a sign in.
Speaker 4: Your house and put it in your bedroom and it's to say like eat more poom.
Speaker 2: Poom or something.
Speaker 25: That too and everything.
Speaker 2: Damn, damn, you got a regular pac man. I ain't got no more advice for you. I'm sorry, mama, okay, because you ain't want to do it, I tell you to buy more food.
Speaker 4: Damn.
Speaker 2: Okay, thank you complaining about your man wanting to eat. Yes, we like to eat, but she.
Speaker 6: Says she can't afford it. She said she ain't got no money to keep feeding them.
Speaker 4: Man, they got they got enough money in that house.
Speaker 2: Okay. I ain't saying they rich, but just you do some set a size and snacks. It's when you get the munchies. If you got money for we eat, they got money for more food.
Speaker 4: That's true.
Speaker 6: Or you know, instead of having steak, you gotta get other things. Their steak is expensive. Instead of having steak, you might got to get more chicken.
Speaker 4: Why don't eat red meat anyway because you know in my cholesterol.
Speaker 6: But you can do more chicken, you can do more other meats that are a lot cheaper than steak, because steak is very expensive depending on what the cut of steak.
Speaker 1: It is all right as C and E eight.
Speaker 4: Hundred five eight five five one. When we come back, we got.
Speaker 6: Your room and report, Ice Spice and Pete Davison hooking up will tell you when and how.
Speaker 4: It's the breakfast Club. Good morning morning.
Speaker 6: Everybody is TJ MV Charlamagne the God. We are the breakfast Club. Let's get to the rooms. Let's talk Ice Spice getting up with Pete Davison through.
Speaker 2: Or you've gossip been? Are you chatting?
Speaker 4: Is the rumor report?
Speaker 19: I mean, I guess were on the Breakfast Club. This is where the tea spells.
Speaker 6: Right right now, I Spice is going to be performing that Saturday Night Live with Pete Davison as the host. Now she will be the first musical guest to host Saturday Night Live following the recent Writers Guild of America and Screen Actors Guild strike, so that she's going to be performing and then following that episode, I believe Bad Bunny is going to be doing the next one.
Speaker 4: After that, you'll be hosting and performing Bad Bunny.
Speaker 2: Yeah. October fourteenth, Pete will be hosting sen l That's why, you know, don't listen to the internet. But nobody cares about the truth from the live more entertaining, So y'all will still say something wrong with Pete.
Speaker 4: All right, now, we got to talk about bow Wow. He was trending yesterday.
Speaker 6: That's because former one oh six in Park host keishous Chante revealed that hert and Booo had beef and she said it's them because bow Wow invited her to the hotel room and she wouldn't go.
Speaker 4: Allegedly, he hated me.
Speaker 10: In the beginning.
Speaker 5: We were both signed as Sony Urban. Yeah, you saw my poster in the building in New York City and he was like, I want this girl in my music video for shorty like mine.
Speaker 1: He was like, Hey, I want to.
Speaker 4: Invite you to be my lead girl, and I was like, oh my god, I would love to.
Speaker 1: So my team flew me out to LA We had a whole team meeting.
Speaker 5: He showed up all like what'ss or he was putting on and then he asked me like, oh, you want to come buy the hotel?
Speaker 1: And I'm like no. The day of I show up, Angela Simmons has a trailer.
Speaker 5: Keisha Shanda has a trailer and I'm like okay, So I went to my trailer, my team shows up.
Speaker 4: We have bad news.
Speaker 5: Boo doesn't want you to be the lead girl of Shorty like mine anymore.
Speaker 4: He brought an Angela Simmons.
Speaker 5: But what I didn't realize is that Chris Brown's trailer was there, and he was there and he was like.
Speaker 23: What's going on.
Speaker 5: I'm like, Bow's trying to kick me out of this video. He said, well, you'll be my lead girl, then we don't need Boo.
Speaker 13: Yeah.
Speaker 6: Well, she talks about how that beef started and even when she was in one O six and Park it was a little crazy. And then she said Drake stepped in because I guess she grew up with Drake, and Drake put in a good word for one.
Speaker 5: On six Apark happened. They told Bao the day I was showing up that I was the new host. So we did a couple of shows. I don't think they aired. It was just kind of like rehearsals and stuff, and he just kept hazing me. Teleprompter would come up, he would say my line or mess up his line or pause and be like, no, it's your turn and it's not my turn. And I got to set and Aubrey was the guest that they were interviewing. We did our segment, me and him, and then Aubrey's the one that co signed me to Bow.
Speaker 4: It was like no, like she's cool.
Speaker 5: Yeah, Like that's like yeah, So he gave bow the okie doke and then Bow.
Speaker 1: Was nice to me after that.
Speaker 4: Well, bow Wow talks about it, said it didn't happen like that. It was totally different.
Speaker 14: First and foremost, I just spoke to Keisha two days ago. I spread the Keisha all the time I picked the phone.
Speaker 7: I called her.
Speaker 14: We spoke definitely, but definitely definitely bang it on the note, like where's his energy coming?
Speaker 4: Like that's that's if we're gonna sell the truth, let's sell the truth.
Speaker 14: Like the reason why he wasn't the main girl in the short like mam Vida was because at the time I felt like Sony was using me in my platform to blast off a new artist on the label and they were forcing her into the video make her to like, no, it don't work like that. I wanted at the time. I wanted an individual certing individual to do that. Why because I knew the person and it was just the right thing to do.
Speaker 4: Well, she reposted. Just got off the phone with Bow.
Speaker 6: It was the first time we got a chance to speak about this, and I'm glad we were able to clear with the misunderstanding. The only reason I reported is because it was viral. They were talking about the things that they did, but they actually squash started it because you wanted to report it now because it was I'm gonna tell you something I really miss just hilarious, right too.
Speaker 2: I wish Laura l Rosso wasn't here to report that story. Hearing your report that story, it feels like I'm getting a hug from the back of a puffy party, all right, that's what it feels like.
Speaker 4: That's true.
Speaker 2: No, we will not try. I promise you I'll go to HR today. All right, now, okay, watch this, I'm get your hands off. You don't be hugging me from the back with the hell I'm a grown as man. You're big age hugging somebody from the back, your big beage age don't you be.
Speaker 4: Hugging me from the back. Boy, take that.
Speaker 2: Take that.
Speaker 4: See that's what happened. Okay, that's why you reported that story. Just now, it's your rumor record. That's exactly why you reported that story.
Speaker 20: All right.
Speaker 6: The People's Choice mixes up next, get your requested at eight hundred and five eight five one O five one, and remind you guys tomorrow on the show, Kirk Franklin is going to be joining us, and also Stephen A.
Speaker 7: Smith.
Speaker 2: Good because you need prayer. You shut up, man, make Kirk pray for you. It's the Bret telling Rais with holy water in here. Breaklenna Stump, Breakfast Local boardy, don't pass it to me, just kiss me and spit it in my mouth.
Speaker 6: The Breakfast Club. Your mornings will never be the same morning. Everybody's dj n V Charlamagne the guy. We are the Breakfast Club. Now we got a salute Sherry Shepherd for joining us today.
Speaker 2: Luca Sherry Shepherd, make sure you check out season two of The Sherry Show. And I'm telling you, man, all U O g's. I know y'all out there, y'all love chasing young girls. But what she said is true.
Speaker 4: I've heard T. K.
Speaker 2: Kirkland, he knows say say the same thing. Get you a woman that can recognize the signs of a stroke. Okay, the reality is the color of a booty hole ain't gonna matter when you know you having some type of cognitive not cognitive, a stroke, A stroke.
Speaker 4: What is the cardiovasculate issue? I think, yeah, yeah, some type.
Speaker 2: Moral of the story is, yeah, nobody cares about the color of your booty hoole, all.
Speaker 4: Your poomp when you're having a stroke.
Speaker 2: If you're an older man, get you a woman that can recognize the signs of a stroke.
Speaker 6: But my mom always told me that you always wear a clean underwear just in case something happens and you go to the ambulance.
Speaker 4: You just want to clean underwear on real. I want you and your mama to talk about better things. I don't understand why your mom my mama's never tells you how that to make sure you got clean under wear just the case. I don't even know how we got here. I don't even know why that even came.
Speaker 6: Up, just you talking abooty whole brown. I just want to make sure people out there wearing clean underwear. That's all all right, all right, all right, when we come back, we got the positive notice the Breakfast Club. Good morning morning everybody. It's the DJ Envy Charlamagne the guy. We are the Breakfast Club. It's time to get up out of here, Charloamane. You got a positive note.
Speaker 2: Yes, But first I want to tell people, man, my third annual Mental Wealthfexpot is happening this Saturday from eleven am to four pm at the marriat y'all at Marquee in Times Square.
Speaker 4: It is a free event.
Speaker 2: I bring together some of the best therapists and psychiatrists and mental health experts and mental health advocates for a day of mental health education and healing.
Speaker 4: Man Doctor Rita Walker, doctor Alfi.
Speaker 2: Breeland, Noble Shaka Singh, call my guy, Carson Daly is gonna be there, and I want to tell y'all man, make sure y'all get there early. Remember last year we started with Pastor Torrey Roberts and Pastor Sarah J.
Speaker 4: Roberts.
Speaker 2: Okay, I like to start big, all right, So this year we're gonna start big again. So make sure you get there. Be there at eleven am. Don't wait. It is a free event. Go to mentalwealthexpot dot com for more information. Okay, Okay, Now, the positive notice is simply this, make sure that you always have gratitude. Gratitude is very, very very important.
Speaker 4: Okay.
Speaker 2: Gratitude makes sense of our past. It brings peace for the day and creates a vision for tomorrow.
Speaker 4: Have a blessed day. Breakfast club, you gonna finish for y'all.
Speaker 18: Done.