Speaker 1: Hey, thanks for tuning into the Brick and Jeffrey podcast, and don't forget to follow us at brook and Jeffrey.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, I like that.
Speaker 1: At We are jam packed today bursting at the buttons with food news.
Speaker 2: Yeah, where's my buttons? That's Brooky.
Speaker 1: That's how you know it's time for food news. Did you know seventy one percent of adults under age thirty five enjoy scary movies? And that's why seventy five that's why. For Halloween this year, the frozen pizza company Tombstone is running a contest where anybody named Jason can win a free pizza like the Killer Jason vois to thirteen.
Speaker 3: I feel like they should open this up to Freddy's Michael.
Speaker 1: You know, yes, they're just highlighting this one. You'll also be eligible if your name's Pamela or Crystal What are the movie too? Pamela is Jason's mom and Crystal Lake is the sleep away camp where Jason gets his first kiss.
Speaker 4: Wait or killed?
Speaker 5: I don't know.
Speaker 1: I think it's Meanwhile, the restaurant Chained Chilies is running a promotion to poke fun at the recent girl math trend that went viral. I like girls theirs is called grill math g r i LL where you can get ten dollars off any to go order of forty bucks or more.
Speaker 4: Yeah, a grill math.
Speaker 2: They're a little late on the trend. Yeah, you know, like a month ago. Girl math was funny.
Speaker 1: That promotion ends by the way today, or if you use grill math it ends in two months.
Speaker 6: Yeah.
Speaker 1: More from food News, the annual drive through study came out and the fast food chain with the quickest average time from pulling to pull out is Taco Bell. They clopped in at four minutes thirty nine seconds. That's the fastest drive through time.
Speaker 2: Know how that is a compliment to the food.
Speaker 4: According to the Health Department, as long as we cook to beef, we can just keep it hot all day loudah.
Speaker 1: Meanwhile, the slowest drive through Chick fil A. They're also the most accurate at getting your order right.
Speaker 4: Okay, so they take a couple extra seconds.
Speaker 1: What's the number one mistake fast food places make. I guess we're about to find out when we get into the shot collar question.
Speaker 2: Of the day, Jake make the same mistakes.
Speaker 1: I have no idea if the questions are about fast food, but that would be pretty sweet if they were digital. James, don't make me look like an idiot.
Speaker 7: Well, it just so happens that sixty years ago, on this day, Brooks longtime crush Sean Connery debuted on the silver screen as The Man with the Golden Gun British super.
Speaker 8: Spy James Bond.
Speaker 2: Years ago.
Speaker 7: In that time, there's been twenty seven movies, seven different double O, seven actors, and six Academy Awards. But today the franchise will have its finest moment ever when it's featured on Brooke and Jeffrey for a special shockun not stirred edition of the one and Done shot Collar Question.
Speaker 2: Of the Day shot.
Speaker 7: Instead of shaking, we'll start with Alexus and alexis you can have no help from the rest.
Speaker 6: Of the room.
Speaker 7: Which of these is a real title of a James Bond movie? Is it a never say never again? Be never again, say never just once? Or c never say never unless it's never again?
Speaker 2: A those are my real options? Can you remember that? Because you couldn't even remember Chili. I know.
Speaker 9: He's also just like really long song lyrics.
Speaker 1: One of them is definitely that Justin Bieber movie that he came out with.
Speaker 9: Oh, yeah, never say never.
Speaker 2: I don't think again. Is there is there a sequel? Maybe that's you know, we're just gonna go the easiest one.
Speaker 10: I can remember.
Speaker 2: Never say never again.
Speaker 8: Alexis says, never say never again. That is.
Speaker 7: Goodness that I never say never again was an nineteen eighty three starring Sean Connery. Connery claimed he would stop playing James Bond in nineteen seventy two, but when he came back in nineteen eighty three, they made the title a reference to him coming back again.
Speaker 2: He'll never say never again.
Speaker 7: All right, We're safe so far, Alexis Jose, it's your turn right. James Bond is the top agent in British intelligence, known for his use of covert spy gadgets. Next to which of these is not one that appeared in a Bond movie game? Is it A A wheelchair rocket launcher? B flamethrower? Bagpipes?
Speaker 3: Cool?
Speaker 8: Or see the blow dart cigar?
Speaker 4: I want all of these? Okay? Wheelchair rocket launcher sounds like the sneakiest attack ever. You're in a wheelchair and you pull out a rocket launcher.
Speaker 1: Think we understood cool?
Speaker 2: How would you dis? Okay?
Speaker 4: Bagpipes are cool? But they just seem to out there.
Speaker 1: Blow dart cigar sounds so legit, and you're choosing the one that isn't real.
Speaker 4: The question real one is not real?
Speaker 1: Yes, that makes more sense.
Speaker 4: I still think I'm gonna say the flamethrower bagpipes are the fake thing.
Speaker 7: Jose said. Flamethrower bagpipes, that is it was the one you're so excited about. The blow darts cigar was not.
Speaker 4: It seems like the most obvious.
Speaker 7: One, the wheelchair chair rocket launch The wheelchair rocket launcher was in GoldenEye, and flamethrower bagpipes where in the world is not enough to Brooke Brook. In every movie, James is either seducing or being seduced by a beautiful woman with a suggestive name. Which of these was a real Bond girl? Was it a Amanda Kiss and Hug, Vivica good Night or c Doctor Holly Goodhead?
Speaker 3: I have never seen James Bond isn't satire because.
Speaker 4: It does sound like it's awesome. Power doesn't not James Bond sounds ridiculous.
Speaker 1: Those aren't even like the most suggestive names of women on there. I think those are just the PC ones.
Speaker 8: Those are the ones I can say on the radio, I have naughty.
Speaker 3: Okay, So if you guys are saying it's dirty, then kissing hug doesn't sound.
Speaker 2: Very dirty, right because you're hugging. I feel like maybe James Bond isn't a hugger. Yeah, as anyone with.
Speaker 1: You, he doesn't cuddle afterwards.
Speaker 3: Yeah, the good night one that sounds the best to me, which probably means it's not accurate because I have gotten every other question wrong.
Speaker 2: So I'm going to go with the last one.
Speaker 7: Doctor Holly Goodhead, that is it's correct. Doctor HollyHood was featured in the nineteen seventy nine film Moonraker.
Speaker 8: Hey, We're two for three and it's Jeffrey's turn.
Speaker 2: I think that they gave her the title of doctor still Jeffrey.
Speaker 7: Double O seven is Bond's code name. But according to the books and movies, what earns you double O status?
Speaker 8: Is it a directly saving the Queen from danger? Wow?
Speaker 7: Is it b killing two in a mission? Or is it c eating RB's meat mountain under under seven minutes.
Speaker 1: I'm eliminating RBS as an answer. Explain why it goes without saying. I have watched a few of these movies and I've honestly never seen James Bond directly save the Queen.
Speaker 2: Once is a queen in the movies?
Speaker 1: Ever, not really she's spoken about. Yeah, it's like relayed from the Queen through key yeah or m Yeah, they all have letters and numbers, but it's never the Queen.
Speaker 3: Maybe it's because you haven't seen the prequel, you know, to where he gets the Doubt seven movies.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I can't say that I have, but I have seen him down a lot of villains in them. So I'm gonna say, just killing two or more people.
Speaker 7: Jeffrey said, killing two or more people? That is, it's so basic that is killed two people on one assignment? Who's double seven even.
Speaker 4: Like one bullet?
Speaker 1: So Jose is the only one who's gonna be getting shocked today. Somebody wanted to hear thinking out loud by Ed Sheeran.
Speaker 4: And Dulna will be loving you to with seventy.
Speaker 2: You can't wait that long.
Speaker 1: That's your shot collar Question of the.
Speaker 6: Day, Brook and Jeffrey in the morning.
Speaker 1: Brook, if one of your children came home one day and said that someone at their school was being mean to them, I know your mama bear instincts would kick in and you would go right down to the school track that other kid down and be even meaner, right back to their face.
Speaker 11: Yes day, we.
Speaker 2: Believe what your haircut looks like.
Speaker 1: Kids, you think it's fun to bully my son, Well, your mom is unemployed and your dad isn't even a good kisser.
Speaker 4: Oh it's not bad.
Speaker 1: Good that was.
Speaker 4: It's a little farm.
Speaker 1: But the thing is, we have a mother on the phone today. We have a mom on the phone who handled things a little bit differently when she learned that her teenage son was getting bullied.
Speaker 2: Let's hope she did it differently.
Speaker 1: No, she didn't do the brook. She secretly invested hundreds of dollars to try and turn things around for her child. Unfortunately, it backfired in the worst possible way. So you're gonna hear what she did in a brand new mass speaker. It's coming up your confession.
Speaker 8: I can't take back all arms.
Speaker 1: Speaker got a text to seventy five ninety two says, I have middle names for my cats, and I'll say their full names whenever they're in trouble. They immediately stop misbehaving every time. That's how you well on this segment, we don't know your middle name, or your last name, or even your real first name. We let you make up your name to keep you anonymous for the Mass Speaker. And one woman is ready to come clean today. She wants to go by Sherry, Magdalen, Cyber Nymphs, and Dyah Vanderbilt. But we're just gonna call her Sherry for.
Speaker 3: This, okay, because I was scribbling down all the other names I couldn't keep up.
Speaker 1: Welcome to the show.
Speaker 2: Thank you, Wow, very real. How are you feeling wonderful?
Speaker 12: How are you?
Speaker 13: Yeah?
Speaker 3: I mean a lot of times people are nervous about spilling a big secret, but it.
Speaker 1: Must feel good to be anonymous. Right now, the voice changer is on. You are the Mass Speaker. Whenever you're ready, we want to hear your confession.
Speaker 12: Okay. My son was getting teased and this was his freshman here of high school. The older kids were just relentless. Yeah, he was every day just coming home so upset too.
Speaker 1: And then you would tease him.
Speaker 9: To I don't know, that's terrible.
Speaker 3: I would like I would just be beside myself as a mom.
Speaker 12: I was beside myself. I was like, I got to do something here. I don't know you know how I can help him. But I did come up with an idea.
Speaker 2: Okay.
Speaker 12: I knew one of the high school junior girls because she's the daughter of a co worker of mine.
Speaker 2: All right, Oh.
Speaker 12: She's popular. I'm a cheerleading team.
Speaker 3: Okay, ask her to like actually be nice to him, or like stick up for him or something.
Speaker 12: Sort of sort of.
Speaker 9: I paid her.
Speaker 12: So she's a dance with my son.
Speaker 1: How much are you paying her? They all go to the dance with your son, And does your son know?
Speaker 4: Is he in on it?
Speaker 11: He is not?
Speaker 1: Don't know. Oh my god, I think.
Speaker 4: The girl likes him.
Speaker 2: Oh my god, I don't know. Would you have done that for five hundred bucks? Alexis, Yeah, I do it.
Speaker 9: Not for problem?
Speaker 8: Your going to work?
Speaker 2: All right? So the girl took the money.
Speaker 12: Oh yeah. I came up to him and asked her to care.
Speaker 4: Oh she asked him. That's cute.
Speaker 13: Wow.
Speaker 12: Yeah. So my son came home that day. He's totally breaking out. He's like, oh so she asked me out.
Speaker 3: She's a junior.
Speaker 1: Oh god, I'm so happy.
Speaker 2: Did you feel guilty when he's telling you this story?
Speaker 5: No?
Speaker 12: I was happy for him.
Speaker 14: Be happy.
Speaker 1: Okay, So you.
Speaker 4: Could have kept pulling it made it more realistic.
Speaker 1: Right, So did he go to the dance with her?
Speaker 12: He yes, he went to the dance, had a wonderful time.
Speaker 4: But what happens now is she still being nice to him? Or do you have to pay her to continue?
Speaker 2: That's a good point.
Speaker 1: After the dance is a little complicated.
Speaker 12: Well yeah, I thought that was the end of it. But he started hanging out with the older crowds.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, okay, he's not getting bullied anymore.
Speaker 4: When you hang out with the older kids, you're a cool kid now yeah?
Speaker 1: Well yeah, yeah, why do you say that?
Speaker 12: Because it's turned out I ended up getting a call from the school because he started skipping classes.
Speaker 2: He was too far with.
Speaker 3: Yeh Oh did you think about telling them, like you have to like burst his little cool egoing some point?
Speaker 9: Right?
Speaker 13: I don't.
Speaker 12: I don't know how. I don't think that's the help.
Speaker 1: No, God, what did you do?
Speaker 5: Well?
Speaker 12: It just kind of snowballed. I mean, he's his grade style. That's all he wanted to do, like hang out with kild a kid.
Speaker 1: Oh god, I mean all those older kids are probably like, hey, I heard if we hang out with this kid, his mom will pay us five hundred dollars just to like him.
Speaker 4: That's smart.
Speaker 1: So there's something in it for them just to be around him.
Speaker 10: Yeah.
Speaker 12: So I actually had to take him out of that school and homeschool him for mess.
Speaker 2: No, what a cycle.
Speaker 3: He went from dork to the ultimate clue guy to a homeschool kid.
Speaker 5: Wow.
Speaker 4: At least he can always ask you to the dance.
Speaker 1: Oh my god, is he popular at his new school.
Speaker 12: He's got to be a nerd again?
Speaker 3: Okay, okay, you find of the Dungeons and Dragons backpack his first day.
Speaker 2: Not gonna make that mistake again.
Speaker 4: Yeah, No, you're a nerd for life.
Speaker 9: Yeah, trial you want.
Speaker 12: Yeah, I just want to say all the parents out there, don't worry about your kid being too lame or nerdy. You should savor it.
Speaker 11: Encourage it.
Speaker 4: In fact, it's like you're saying, love them regardless.
Speaker 8: Yeah weird.
Speaker 1: This is a sweet, wholesome version of the mass Speaker text into seven eighty five Nights. If you have a confession you've been holding on to, we can hide your identity, mask your voice, and make you the next mass Speaker. Got your phone tap coming up?
Speaker 6: Frooking Jeffrey in the morning.
Speaker 1: Today, we call a guy who's been working at the same company for a long long time.
Speaker 2: I feel you, buddy, I feel you.
Speaker 1: His coworkers wanted to acknowledge that in honor his years of dedication nice by setting him up for a prank call. That's why we reach out to tell him, Hey, congrats, he's retiring.
Speaker 15: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Problem is, he doesn't know about that until we come up with a very special way to deliver the news. It's your phone town right now.
Speaker 6: Another on the twenties.
Speaker 5: Hello, Hi, is this Douglas. Hey, yeah, it was calling.
Speaker 1: Hello, Hello, Hello.
Speaker 4: Douglas.
Speaker 5: Hello, dude, do I know you?
Speaker 1: Hello?
Speaker 4: And good day to you, Douglas. We are the good News Trio Trio Tria tree blow flare on that.
Speaker 16: Okay, I've never gotten one of these before.
Speaker 8: Well, today is.
Speaker 4: Your lucky day. Are you ready?
Speaker 6: Dog?
Speaker 5: Be sure?
Speaker 4: All right?
Speaker 8: Are you ready?
Speaker 6: Gang?
Speaker 4: That's right, let's go, happy retirement, happy.
Speaker 6: More work.
Speaker 5: Wait wait, but uh I'm not retiring.
Speaker 1: Well yeah, we know, no more work, no more work.
Speaker 7: God feels good to say, yeah, you're retiring, Douglas.
Speaker 16: Oh man, No, no, no, I I just got a new trailer. I know I'm not retiring.
Speaker 4: Hold on.
Speaker 1: Is this is this the right guy? I thought?
Speaker 4: Did we screw up?
Speaker 2: Did we screw.
Speaker 4: Sorry about the singing. By the way, it's kind of a habit.
Speaker 8: We just we just do it.
Speaker 1: We work together.
Speaker 2: Not enough if you asked me though.
Speaker 5: Yeah, but you guys did mess up. You got the wrong person.
Speaker 4: Hold on, let me check the paperwork. Yeah, this is a Douglas from insurance.
Speaker 1: Is that correct?
Speaker 5: Yeah, that's me, but I'm not No, no, no, you guys have the wrong guy. I'm not retiring.
Speaker 2: Oh maybe he doesn't know.
Speaker 1: Does he not know yet? I told you his management was very specific. We shouldn't him before Friday. Do you think that's the problem.
Speaker 5: Hey, I can hear you. I'm still on the line, Doug.
Speaker 1: Pretend you didn't hear that.
Speaker 8: You're my.
Speaker 5: But I did hear that. You're saying management had you do this, Douglas.
Speaker 2: I think you need to focus on the important things right now.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I am focused on the important things. You're saying I'm being forced out.
Speaker 3: No, why life is but a dreams?
Speaker 11: Watch you make it a.
Speaker 3: Yeah, boats and discount movie tickets.
Speaker 5: Stop breaking singing. You sound like dying cats.
Speaker 4: Oh that's our job.
Speaker 1: Now, too excited? For retire probably.
Speaker 3: You know retirees love hard candy.
Speaker 5: Boy, I don't, and I'm not retiring at to.
Speaker 1: Oh, lollipop, lollipop?
Speaker 5: Please?
Speaker 7: Can you just talk to me.
Speaker 1: We are talking to you, Doug. Yeah, we're talking and telling you get to enjoy hard candies instead of clocking in. You're gonna be clocking Werthers till you die.
Speaker 5: You are an idiot. I'm trying to tell you I'm not leaving this company, and as far as I know, I'm not leaving.
Speaker 7: God.
Speaker 1: Oh, you should just tell them you think?
Speaker 5: Tell me what don't you think you've done enough?
Speaker 1: It's a bank all, it's a brank all.
Speaker 2: What do you mean you're not retiring. Nobody's forcing you to do anything, Douglas. Because the Jeffrey for Brick and Jeffrey in the.
Speaker 10: Morning, can you hear the relief?
Speaker 1: Your co workers Tanisha and Lane set you up because they said, you've been working at the company for almost twenty years now. They thought, I need to say that you're going into early retirement.
Speaker 8: Yeah, force him out.
Speaker 2: That was nice.
Speaker 1: Jeffrey, I like, you, do you want to retire now?
Speaker 5: Yeah?
Speaker 14: Maybe?
Speaker 13: But I got a written their next first you can.
Speaker 11: Hire us for that too, Yeah, Joco, wake up every morning with weekday.
Speaker 6: Brooke and Jeffrey in the morning.
Speaker 1: What are the keys to building a budding romance out of thin air?
Speaker 2: Maybe this music?
Speaker 1: Yeah, but you need passion, charm, yes, a little barbecue sauce maybe.
Speaker 4: Wait why is barbecue?
Speaker 1: And of course a healthy dose of mystery. And what could be more sexy and mysterious than having a blind first date live on the radio. Two of our single listeners have agreed to throw caution to the wind, come on this show hoping to meet the love of their life and build that forever type of connection through phone conversation. Only a side of sweet baby.
Speaker 2: Bays the Spicy one though.
Speaker 1: The wonder rule though, is they can't ask each other what they look like, so make sure you listen when they meet each other for the very first time. Right here after this, get the lens cleaner out because Brooks glasses are about to fog all the way up as we dive face first into another steamy edition of blind love is.
Speaker 3: I thought I was just gonna unload the dishwasher again. I mean, every time I open that door just fog someone.
Speaker 13: Building.
Speaker 2: We need to clean her glasses.
Speaker 1: It's a big project the side of my face. But if this is your first time hearing this segment, blind Love is two listeners who've never met each other before, and they obviously can't see each other either, are going to meet for the very first time over our phones to see if they just have a natural romantic connection.
Speaker 2: Did Netflix cancel their version of this, No.
Speaker 1: It's still going, boosting their popularity. Just borrowing the segment a little bit. We've got two single listeners on the phone named Troy and Emily who've reached out to us separately asking for other segments like second date updates that we couldn't pull off for them. So instead they've both agreed to be on this one and give it a shot.
Speaker 2: That this is always people's last resort.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's a compla.
Speaker 6: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Lately we've been encouraging people, instead of just small talking with each other about their jobs and the weather and stuff, to try and be a little fun and creative with their questions. So they have come prepared for this. And remember, we need total quiet in this room.
Speaker 2: Why are you always look at me because.
Speaker 1: You're the problem here. Just listen to them talk.
Speaker 2: I am a damn treasure, Jeffrey, continue, I'll be questioning.
Speaker 1: Try to keep your judgments until after they're off of the phone, and then we'll find out if blind truly love is okay, I.
Speaker 4: Love it or it I do blindly?
Speaker 1: Just shut the mouth brock. Here we go, Troy, Troy, you there?
Speaker 13: Hello?
Speaker 1: Troy and Emily?
Speaker 8: Are you there?
Speaker 9: Hi?
Speaker 1: Okay, We're gonna step away and let you two talk to each other. Why don't you go ahead and say hi, Hi, Troy.
Speaker 13: Hey, how's it going? Emily?
Speaker 10: It's going okay? How about you?
Speaker 13: Yeah, it's good. You know I can't get a dates taken forever?
Speaker 11: Yeah?
Speaker 5: Same?
Speaker 13: Oh?
Speaker 10: Ok So, I guess should we start asking our questions?
Speaker 1: For the love of God, please, yes.
Speaker 2: I wasn't gonna say anything.
Speaker 1: Every go ahead, guys, we're listening.
Speaker 10: Okay, So what would you say is your biggest turn on? And it has to be unique, not like pretty smile, nice eyes. It's gotta be it's gotta be something better than that.
Speaker 13: Well, I like a girl with with really good manners and a neck bier.
Speaker 1: Okay, Okay, yeah, you know I got a little freaky, freaky peeky sht in me.
Speaker 13: All right, what about you? You have to be all right, can you all right? I'm nervous, what so what about you?
Speaker 6: Okay?
Speaker 10: So for me, I think it's sexy when a guy takes off his sweater, but from the sleeve first.
Speaker 13: Okay, you know, like when they.
Speaker 10: Pull their sees off, but it's kind of slow and sexy.
Speaker 13: Okay, I see that.
Speaker 6: I see that.
Speaker 10: I also like a guy who can do a John Goodman impression.
Speaker 13: Wait you meet the dad from Razanne?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 10: Yeah, he's got that husky voice. And if I hear it, I immediately one of my baby whoa, oh.
Speaker 1: Boy, wow, you know what I'm gonna step in here.
Speaker 3: I'm like confused, Oh my god, Johnoman, isn't he in the Righteous Gemstones right now?
Speaker 2: He's so good at that.
Speaker 4: Oh you know, I'm trying to think like it's even relevant.
Speaker 2: Yes, for sure, you got it. They have the new season out. It's so good.
Speaker 4: Okay, I've heard it, turns her on.
Speaker 1: I mean, was English their first language? I'm not one hundred percent certain, but did they come through with some unique questions and answers.
Speaker 10: I thought that was really fun.
Speaker 1: For us, Okay, for to listen, I don't know how fun it was for them.
Speaker 4: Right though I haven't heard anything.
Speaker 1: Are we gonna ask No, that's not how this segment works. Fine, Brooke, what we'll let you ask one time?
Speaker 2: Go Okay, I just want to know from Emily what do you think?
Speaker 10: What do I think?
Speaker 6: Yeah?
Speaker 10: No, like there's not enough to go off of.
Speaker 1: I feel like, yeah, thanks a lot, Brooke, you wasted twenty seconds dumb questions.
Speaker 4: What do you think I would have?
Speaker 2: I would have said no to him.
Speaker 1: Okay, we got to be fair to Troy, though. If we're gonna ask Emily that question, probably asked Troy the same thing I told you.
Speaker 13: Guys. I haven't dated a bit, so I'm totally into it.
Speaker 1: Could have fled me with your charm, totally.
Speaker 2: I feel like that took him down a notch for Emily.
Speaker 1: Okay. So ultimately, what it really comes down to is our listener's opinion. Do you think Emily and Troy have a love connection and you want to hear them flirt with each other a little bit more?
Speaker 2: Or does Troy just have a connection with anyone? Yeah, as a heartbeat.
Speaker 1: To be fair, Emily did mention that she didn't think she has enough to go off of to make her own decision in this case, So we need your help text in seven eight, five nine two if you want to hear more, or if you want to cut off Troy and Emily and move on to the next couple.
Speaker 9: So brutal.
Speaker 2: But if you're so brutal in this.
Speaker 6: I love it.
Speaker 1: We're gonna tally the votes and come back and try and continue with Blind Love Is right after this halfway into an extra spicy edition of Blind Love Is Okay, it is too. With two of our listeners, Emily and Troy, we've already learned a little bit about them and the things that they're into. Troy loves a good mannered, neck biting woman. Emily is after a man who does a solid John Goodman impression. Yeah, and he pulls off his shirt by his sleeves.
Speaker 2: First, which made every man in this room try it out.
Speaker 1: But you're like, wait, like this no, definitely unique turn ons from both of them.
Speaker 3: But you also have to add that they're both brave because they're coming on the show and they're doing this.
Speaker 2: For everybody to hear.
Speaker 8: Is true.
Speaker 1: Anybody who comes on this show is automatically brave.
Speaker 9: Yeah, every day and a.
Speaker 2: Little self deprecating, right, You got to be able to take a good joke.
Speaker 1: Sure, you know, and they're being open and vulnerable with each other. We need to give them credit because this isn't easy. This is kind of hard and awkward, and they're taking a chance doing this in front of an audience of millions.
Speaker 3: Of people, and that is scary, totally seriously, with all of us laughing in the back.
Speaker 2: They're good sports, though, they're good sports. I love that.
Speaker 1: But we're on their side. And people voted and said they do want to hear more from m and move forwards. Emily said herself, she needs more to go off of. So let's not waste any more time. Let's put them back together on the phone. Emily Troy, we're stepping away again. Go ahead, let the magic FLYO.
Speaker 13: Start.
Speaker 1: That was what I meant when I said go ahead.
Speaker 13: But yeah, Emily, Yeah, what's your ideal first date?
Speaker 10: I think I would want to do something like outside, like by the water, maybe rent a canoe and just kind of talk, maybe have a bottle of wine, stay out till the sun goes down, and then maybe we can head home and whatever.
Speaker 6: You know.
Speaker 13: I like that, all right, what about you?
Speaker 6: Mom?
Speaker 13: I think an ideal date would be like going to the movies, then afterwards hang out at like my one of my favorite bars, get a drink or two, start snuggling, you know, in the bar, and then you know, afterwards we go to your place and do our thing.
Speaker 10: That's actually kind of romantic.
Speaker 1: That might be a good match after all. All right, but then we're not here. Keep going, guys, All right, all right, all right, I got one.
Speaker 13: I got one. What about your most embarrassing date?
Speaker 7: Hmm?
Speaker 10: Okay, Well, it was a double date at a bar that I went to, and we all drank a lot, and at the end of the night, we all wanted to take a photo together and we gave the camera to somebody else.
Speaker 5: And then when the guy.
Speaker 10: Said, say cheese, for some reason, the word cheese just made me get so nauseous and I threw up all over the floor at the bar.
Speaker 13: Oh man, I guess I won't have to say cheese around you.
Speaker 2: Good one.
Speaker 10: Okay. What about your most embarrassing date?
Speaker 13: Okay? For me? Well, oh yeah, I fell down the stairs as I was going to greet her at the start of the date. Oh yeah, yeah, I got up and walked over to kiss her on the cheek, but I missed and then awkwardly kissed her on the lips. Yeah, mad and uncomfortable.
Speaker 10: Yeah I can I can see how that would be uncomfortable.
Speaker 13: All Right, I know this is gonna like we have to wrap up soon, but like, do you believe in the Lockneest Monster?
Speaker 1: Sorry, Emily, you won't be able to answer that because we are out of time here.
Speaker 3: It was just getting Was that a serious question or was it like some sort of like sexual innuendo.
Speaker 13: Actually it was a serious question, and if you're not answering it, it's kind of a deal breaker.
Speaker 4: So wait, what why would that be? All right?
Speaker 1: Our hands are kind of tired here, Emily. Do you believe in the Locknest Monster?
Speaker 6: What is strange?
Speaker 3: Um?
Speaker 11: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Yeah? Oh the question mark that well, right ness is the key to his heart?
Speaker 6: Wow?
Speaker 4: What if he was like, that's not true, she's not real.
Speaker 2: I didn't expect that.
Speaker 1: One officially gone into conspiracy theories with the blind love is they agree on them?
Speaker 8: Yeah, that's good.
Speaker 1: They do have a unique bond, a unique connection. They're into each other's first date ideas.
Speaker 2: She thought that was romantic.
Speaker 3: I'm sure that would be romance for you to alexis like a bar and going back to your house.
Speaker 4: That's like a normal knife or brook.
Speaker 1: I don't have it in front of me, but can you take a look at the text board seventy five nine to two and tell us, like what percentage of people approve of trying Emily? What people are against you?
Speaker 3: Make me do the math real quick, okay, I'm looking down. I'm gonna say sixty seven percent.
Speaker 2: That's pretty accurate, but.
Speaker 3: Quick, okay, math, I think sixty five percent of people say, yes, that was sixty five?
Speaker 14: What is it?
Speaker 4: The tally day I've tried to counts.
Speaker 1: Is Troy Emily. Our listeners feel like there's a vibe going on between you two. They want the two of you to meet up in person, and if that's something you want to do, we will offer to send you out on that date and pay for it.
Speaker 2: And it just went up to sixty eight percent.
Speaker 5: Good.
Speaker 4: Yeah, more people are taxing down.
Speaker 13: I don't care what your textpoort says. I'll take her out anyway.
Speaker 1: Oh are you really actually with permission?
Speaker 5: Yeah?
Speaker 10: Du I would love to try.
Speaker 6: Working.
Speaker 2: You have to call it with an update if you guys really do make it happen.
Speaker 4: Yes, it goes to show like, maybe it's not for everybody, but if you have chemistry with.
Speaker 2: One person and you're desperate enough, remember.
Speaker 1: Is the key, Emily, work on your neck biting skills, work on your John Goodman impression.
Speaker 9: Okay, and taking off your sweater.
Speaker 1: Sleeves. Hello, wait, guys, Troy and they've hung up and they've given up.
Speaker 6: On freaking Jeffrey in the morning.
Speaker 1: We actually recorded that call a couple of weeks ago. We've been in touch with Emily and Troy since that happened.
Speaker 9: I am dying to hear this show. What happened.
Speaker 1: This is kind of our first ever blind Love is updates. Yeah, we've ever done on the show. And if you're wondering, Emily and Troy said they did meet up in person after that call.
Speaker 3: This is the first time that's actually happened. Does that mean that this is like a super successful segment.
Speaker 2: Oh, we don't know what happened.
Speaker 1: We don't know every thing. Apparently Troy did attempt to do a John Goodman impression when they met.
Speaker 2: Okay, I'm guessing that didn't go well.
Speaker 1: Apparently or bad. It was f for execution b plus for efforts.
Speaker 4: It could be awful.
Speaker 2: But okay, yeah, sure.
Speaker 1: As for the neck biting and shirt removal using the sleeves, did.
Speaker 2: They go in d detail?
Speaker 8: We don't have details.
Speaker 1: We're just gonna assume all of that went perfectly according to plane.
Speaker 2: Oh my god, so they went on on a date. Is that going to be another one?
Speaker 1: They say, We're going to stay in touch with them and see how their relationship evolves if they continue to see each other. But it's proof that this actually works.
Speaker 4: Oh my guys, they fall in love and have babies and get married. Like we old part of that family, right, yes, like they have the name a child after us.
Speaker 1: We are in the prenup. Yes, so we do get part of the money no matter what happens.
Speaker 4: Okay, that's why I hope they love.
Speaker 1: But anyway, text in seventy two, if you are interested in being on the next edition of Blind Love Is, and.
Speaker 4: You can be the next Happily Ever After story?
Speaker 2: Are gonna be interested now?
Speaker 8: Like proud of us?
Speaker 6: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Look, Jeffrey in the morning. A woman traveled to Europe and discovered a new sleep haack over there. That's so helpful, she says, it could actually save your marriage. Whoa plus it's not easy to keep up with all the new gen z terms and acronyms that are constantly coming out. But experts say, there's a brand new one you haven't heard yet, and you definitely need to know it. It's all coming up. When we do a brand new TikTok click shot, Well, it's official. Experts say statistically, Disneyland is no longer the happiest place on Earth.
Speaker 8: Wow, what where is it?
Speaker 1: It just got past The new happiest place is Woo.
Speaker 11: TikTok click shot talk.
Speaker 1: Click shot, I do feel good. Here's where joy lives. Because we talk about some of the biggest tiktoks from the past week, Let's get right to your first TikTok click shock, which is from a woman named Erica Dowdy. Her video got over three million views over five hundred thousand likes. She's American and she frequently travels over to Europe and while she was there recently, she found a sleep pack that's so full proof she says it could save marriages.
Speaker 2: What does that even mean.
Speaker 1: It's called the Scandinavian sleep method and I'll like Erica explain it.
Speaker 15: No top sheet those things are absolutely useless for getting herd of that. And then the most exciting part is we're going to be doing the Scandinavian sleep method. So in Copenhagen, not once if I slept with one duvet, it is always two twins, and we sleep so good. No one's fighting over blankets, nobody's too hot or too cold. This is just absolutely the comfiest way to sleep. A ten out of time recommend it. It could save marriages.
Speaker 1: So does that makes sense what she's saying. Instead of instead of one giant duvet cover over like your queener king sized bed, you do two smaller covers, one for each person you still have, so that you have your own blank best friend.
Speaker 10: Is this in Europe?
Speaker 3: And it is amazing? I sleep better than I ever do in my life. Okay, listen, yeah, that part is fine to me. Why are people getting rid of the top sheet because it's a waste?
Speaker 11: No, it's not.
Speaker 2: It is so gross. How often are you washing your juvet?
Speaker 9: It doesn't matter, I'm not washing.
Speaker 2: Sorry, grosses me out. The top sheet.
Speaker 4: I don't know what the top exactly with the elastic goes on the bottom.
Speaker 1: Right, there's another Oh yeah, I use that.
Speaker 9: What did you think it was?
Speaker 1: Called I don't know, I don't know, it's just more.
Speaker 2: Just like you're talking about second sheet.
Speaker 1: To it's the middle sheet because it's not on the.
Speaker 3: Top anti top sheet, And I don't know why come out, you guys are dirty.
Speaker 1: To the Scandinavian sleep method, in order sleep better, you're also supposed to use bright colors for all of your bedding. Oh really, bright pinks and yellows, because that helps lift your mood when you get into bed. If you're sleeping in plain white sheets or even worse, dark colored sheets, you're just asking yourself to be depressed.
Speaker 4: Are gray and black. Yeah, I'm maybe the most depressed person here.
Speaker 2: Ye, I've got a yellow dubet.
Speaker 4: Okay, I gotta switch the colors.
Speaker 1: That was a TikTok click.
Speaker 11: Shot your net one TikTok click shot.
Speaker 1: This is from a woman named Sarah Adalman. She's a gen zer and her video got over two million hits recently in sixteen thousand comments.
Speaker 6: Kay.
Speaker 1: She was born in nineteen ninety seven and has a really hard time asking quote older people what they did before the internet.
Speaker 17: Here it is, Hey, this is a genuine question to like older people, what did you do before you could look something up, like if you saw someone you were like, oh, they remind me of that?
Speaker 13: After what was that?
Speaker 17: What's his name?
Speaker 6: Like?
Speaker 17: And none of your friends knew? Would you go to a library like and like okay without Google Maps? Like I know that there was map Quest, but before that, like, genuinely, what would you do? Would you just accept not knowing?
Speaker 10: Like I would please sitch.
Speaker 17: This and tell me because I genuinely do not understand how I would survive.
Speaker 1: Okay, Yeah, actually good question. First of all, they genuinely didn't use the word like twenty times in a thirty second span, so let's start there. That was different back then.
Speaker 2: That's not true. I used like all the time when I was in high school every other word. I mean, like watch a movie Clueless, It's like all over the place like as Yeah, and that was pre map Quest. I'm telling you right now.
Speaker 1: Okay, Brook, you tell us how did the world work before the Internet?
Speaker 3: So I don't remember before being able to look things up on the internet because I could do that in high school. Yeah, me too, But I do remember prior to map Quest, I would just know where streets were. Yeah, Like that's so wild, But what if you didn't No, I would you just kept driving.
Speaker 1: Fair because Brook comes from a town that had four streets on it, so it was really easy.
Speaker 2: We would go to school and they'd be like, hey, there's a cater this weekend out of.
Speaker 3: Fish Creek, and you would know you have to take the three dirt roads, the second left and then by the hay barrel, turn right again and somehow you would remember it.
Speaker 1: What about her question where you couldn't remember the name of something, the name of an actor.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I just don't think you cared like I think that that would be the end.
Speaker 4: Call a friend.
Speaker 2: Now.
Speaker 3: No, at home, you didn't have cell phones, so I mean maybe you would go to the Encyclopedia Britannica.
Speaker 2: Remember that guy a book?
Speaker 3: Yeah, a big series of books where every kid got their book reports.
Speaker 1: Doesn't the world back then sound amazing? That was a TikTok click shot, And speaking of gen Z, we're onto our final.
Speaker 11: TikTok click shot.
Speaker 8: Four year old.
Speaker 1: Named Xander, who understands that there's so many new acronyms in gen Z speak right now. He has dedicated his channel to educating the public on the latest slang in terminology that you have to be able to keep up with, and recently he highlighted a brand new acronym I'd never heard of before, but maybe we're gonna start using this on a daily basis. Here it is Hi, I'm Xander.
Speaker 14: Here's the gen Z acronym of the day b SI TC, which stands for but since it's a TikTok challenge here, I'll use it in a sentence. Drinking kerosene and then using a match to burp of flame may seem unwise b SI TC, but since it's a TikTok challenge, it's totally worth facial disfigurement.
Speaker 1: And that's the gen Z acronym of the day. Remember b s I TC. But since it's a TikTok challenge, and then you have to do it, no matter how damaging or painful it might be.
Speaker 2: Anything I like hearing from a gen Z that's a total like dork. I do not want to say it anymore. I appreciate them.
Speaker 1: Those are your stories for the day.
Speaker 6: Brook and Jeffrey in the morning.
Speaker 1: Done. Another first time player to the show. His name is Jason, And what is Jason love about the fall? I don't know, jeff nothing really, He's not a big fan doesn't really like the fall?
Speaker 2: Is he putty words in your mouth? Or is that true? Jason?
Speaker 1: Well, I'm from DC originally, and so fall in the DC area was great, but around here it's not so great.
Speaker 4: What do you mean? Is it too many trees and leaves for you?
Speaker 13: Well?
Speaker 5: Look, I mean the rain's already started.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean it's really the decline of life. I always feel like falls. Yeah, until we move into the dead zone.
Speaker 13: You got football though, all right, that keeps until the summer.
Speaker 1: Right, all right, Brooke, you're leaving the studio and Jason will she heads out? You know the game works. He got thirty seconds to answer as many questions as possible. If you don't know when, you can say past. But you do have to beat her outright to win? Are you ready?
Speaker 13: Yep? Let's go.
Speaker 1: Good luck. Your time starts now. Today is World Teacher's Day. What's the name of Bart's teacher on The Simpsons?
Speaker 2: Well pass?
Speaker 1: What is the life span of a dragonfly? One day, one week or one month one week? Honeydew is a shade of what color?
Speaker 5: Uh Pete?
Speaker 1: In the Disney movie Peter Pan is the leader of what group of kids? The beer style IPA stands for.
Speaker 13: What Indian paralannel.
Speaker 1: Jason jumped all over the alcohol. Definitely knew that one. Brooks's coming back into the studio. And apparently Jason has three kids, one of whom joined the navy. Was that their choice or was that a disciplinary tactic by dad?
Speaker 2: They're only nine, but.
Speaker 1: That was all him.
Speaker 2: Tell him, thank you will do. Where's he stationed right now?
Speaker 13: Well, he's actually in a school right now, in his first training in Yeah, he just finished basic training and so now he's doing his a school.
Speaker 2: Okay, all right, just at the beginning of it.
Speaker 4: Yep, cool training.
Speaker 5: Yeah, you survived that.
Speaker 8: People drop off.
Speaker 1: So brook here we go. It's your turn. You ready, Yes, your time starts now. Today is World Teacher's Day. What's the name of Bart's teacher on The Simpsons?
Speaker 2: Oh my gosh past.
Speaker 1: What is the lifespan of a dragonfly? One day, one week or one month?
Speaker 2: I'm gonna give it a week.
Speaker 1: Honeydew is a shade of what color green? In the Disney movie, Peter Pan is the leader of what group of kids.
Speaker 2: The beer style I p A stands for what Indian pale ale.
Speaker 1: Vanilla extract is taken from which part of the plant leaves, bark or sea seeds. I feel good about how that went, just for me. I don't know how you guys are question. I did great on that though, good John, Jeff joking. Let's head over to the scoreboard to see how you all did with Jose Alright, you Facebook, stop your Facebook.
Speaker 4: Jason, you got one correct today and boy did you know it? Screamed, Yeah, we couldn't even finish a sentence. Brock you well you got four.
Speaker 1: Wow, Brook really had it out for you today, Jason. Let's get these answers in It's World Teacher's Day. Bart's teacher on the Simpson is missus Krabapa hearing.
Speaker 2: I can picture her the like span.
Speaker 1: Of a dragonflies. Apparently one day that's it gets twenty four hours of life.
Speaker 2: That mainkes me so sad. Now when I see those and.
Speaker 4: You know what your day, my little fly, I don't believe it, because there's a dragon fly that harasses me at my parents' house and I swear it knows my face.
Speaker 1: No, that's it's like, that's the first one and then it's great great great great great great great grand shine. Seven days later, one day honeydew is a shade of green. In the Disney movie Peter Pan, he's the leader of the Lost Boys. The beer style ip A stands for India.
Speaker 8: Is that what he yelled?
Speaker 9: Yeah, you knew?
Speaker 1: And vanilla extract is taken from the seeds of the vanilla point from the seed pods. So, Jason, we can't give you any money here, but just for playing you do win a fifty dollars gift card to Melting Pot. You can enjoy their craveable three course October fund Fest menu now through October twenty six, Monday through Thursdays. For more information, visit melting pot dot com.
Speaker 12: There you go, date night guys.
Speaker 3: Jason, good thanks for calling in and playing the first time. Was it better or worse than you expected it to be?
Speaker 5: I thought I was gonna do a little bit better.
Speaker 10: I'd be honest, but yeah, I don't know Disney movies appairly.
Speaker 1: Yeah, we got some homework to do and then you come back and play.
Speaker 13: Yan all right, sound good?
Speaker 1: Thanks guys today, Thank you, Jason. We'll be back to the Windbrooks Block same time tomorrow.
Speaker 6: Brooke and Jeffrey in the morning,