Speaker 1: You know fun fact, we have all auditioned to be young Jeffrey's backup singers at one point.
Speaker 2: Yo, Jeffrey, I'm your backup singer.
Speaker 1: See that's why she didn't make it, Alexis, why didn't you make it?
Speaker 3: Jeff wouldn't even let me audition.
Speaker 2: He kicks me out.
Speaker 1: I just couldn't hit one note, all right, but he is very good at what he does.
Speaker 4: Yes, see why in a brand new song of the week coming.
Speaker 5: Up in this hour?
Speaker 6: You ready to be mind blown?
Speaker 2: Mind tickle your head?
Speaker 6: You are welcome. It's broken Jeffrey in the morning.
Speaker 7: There's an article that's making the rounds today that says we should all be washing our bananas. That's not a euphemism. A lot of people are saying, what why. It's not like I'm eating the peel banana, but the bacteria on the outside can get onto your hands and then it can be transferred into your mouth when you eat it. So the if I see International Food Information Council is saying you need to wash your bananas under clean running water before you peel them.
Speaker 2: Who's using their hands while eating a banana? Don't you just hold the banana peel and eat it, but you don't.
Speaker 5: That's holding is you?
Speaker 2: Is your the peel, You don't hold the raw banana.
Speaker 7: Brook puts the banana between her thighs and she squeezes the banana.
Speaker 2: You see what I'm saying, Like you've never touched the part that you eat.
Speaker 3: I definitely touch the banana.
Speaker 6: Yeah, I touched the banana.
Speaker 7: Oh like I break it off and put it in my mouth or something like that.
Speaker 2: That's surprising for you.
Speaker 8: Why you don't make it more of a thing, banana.
Speaker 6: Bottom lion.
Speaker 7: You're supposed to be washing your bananas under clean water, and we're supposed to be washing her avocados too. They're even worse because we cut into them so the knife can drag some of the bacteria from the outside into the part that we eat.
Speaker 2: And we're worried about the bacteria. We're not worried about like the pesticides or is it both? I think it's okay, all of.
Speaker 5: It, all of it.
Speaker 7: But same thing with onions, melons, orange, pineapples. Bottom line, wash your fruits before you eat them, Brook, don't defend this.
Speaker 6: Wash your food, just wash it.
Speaker 2: Far without it.
Speaker 1: I mean, she's right, My dad grow poor eating mangos literally off of dirt roads like that fell from trees and he's actually he's.
Speaker 2: Skin Yeah.
Speaker 5: For an old man.
Speaker 6: Yes, anyway, wash your fruit.
Speaker 7: Let's send it over to a guy who just live streamed himself washing his Kiwis Digital Jake to give us a shot collar question of the day, some fun Kiwis buddy, Wake up and smell the sodium laced flavor packets.
Speaker 9: Because it's officially World Noodle Day.
Speaker 2: Is In's five hour energy.
Speaker 9: Once we scrape our overly excited nood loving host Jose off the ceiling, we're gonna go around the room and around the world for some carbloated trivia all about the delicious nudes that everyone loves to see on their dinner tables.
Speaker 10: Yeah, it's a special one and done.
Speaker 9: Instant ramun use your noodle to think about noodles and avoid getting stunned.
Speaker 5: I appreciate that.
Speaker 9: Your noodles you're leading off and as always, you get no help from the rest. Back on April first, nineteen fifty seven, that's April Fool's Day, the BBC aired a FAE documentary claiming that women in Switzerland were harvesting spaghetti from what was it a spaghetti bushes, B, spaghetti trees or c. They claimed all the blonde children in one small Swiss town were growing spaghetti instead of hair.
Speaker 11: Oh too, Can somebody get the back I can't eat that bar who could be.
Speaker 6: Eating other people's hair?
Speaker 3: That one seems like Jake made it up.
Speaker 12: I mean a tree, like I said, like everyone just assumes everything grows on trees, you know.
Speaker 3: Like spaghetti grows on trees.
Speaker 12: Not really good April Fools joke, though, Let's go spaghetti hair.
Speaker 9: Jake Alexis went with spaghetti hair.
Speaker 2: That is.
Speaker 10: Incorrect.
Speaker 9: It was spaghetti trees, and millions of viewers believed it.
Speaker 5: Oh my god, I.
Speaker 2: Thought it went into the history books.
Speaker 10: Let's go to Jeffrey next.
Speaker 9: Jeff it wasn't until seventeen hundred that tomato sauce was added to pasta dishes. Before then, what was the most common pasta topping in the world? Was it a chicken, olives and nuts, B cinnamon, sugar and cheese, or C hot cheetos and turkeys.
Speaker 7: If you do want a little bit of a spicy pasta dish, that would be the way to go with the The one that seems the most obvious is chicken, olives and nuts.
Speaker 2: Just because it's a Mediterranean Mediterranean.
Speaker 6: Yeah, it was in everything.
Speaker 7: I think they literally bathed in olive oil and chicken sauce.
Speaker 2: I'd been making out with a lot more people of those.
Speaker 7: The cinnamon and sugar stuff, those are really like exotic spices.
Speaker 8: Yeah, but are you just talking like where in the world, because some of it had cinnamon at that time.
Speaker 6: But that was it. It was just like Asia.
Speaker 2: I mean he could be talking about Asia.
Speaker 6: No, Asia didn't exist in the seventeen.
Speaker 13: It was just.
Speaker 2: It was the oldest.
Speaker 6: I'm gonna go with chicken, olives and nuts.
Speaker 10: Please, went with chicken, olives and nuts. That is it was hot cheetos, is not.
Speaker 9: It was cinnamon, sugar and soft cheese. It was eaten as a dessert before tomato sauce was popular, or just straight up plain.
Speaker 2: Da try to slurp down a plain noodle.
Speaker 10: We are over too, it's your turn.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 9: What is the most commonly googled pasta dish in the United States? Is it a spaghetti, be fetichini, alfredo, or c mac and cheese.
Speaker 7: God, that's weird. The recipe for mac and cheese is right there. On the box. A lot of the cheese powder included it. How could you need to google?
Speaker 8: I feel like say, you know, but a lot of people take pride in their homemade mac and cheese recipe, and there's a lot of opinions.
Speaker 2: On what should go in it, what should it go on it?
Speaker 8: Like, I don't think people are eating fetichini these days like they used to. There's something creepy about fetcini that not everybody loves.
Speaker 2: I'm gonna go mac and cheese. It's universal. Find me the best recipe.
Speaker 10: Brooks said, mac and cheese. That is correct.
Speaker 9: Mac and cheese is actually not even in the top three. Jeffrey's right, the instructions around the box so people don't do a lot of The correct answer was alfredo. People we're most curious about when it comes to noodle.
Speaker 2: And dumped in two sticks of butter.
Speaker 3: Maybe google why they feels so sick after eating?
Speaker 9: Yeah, Jose, it's your turn. Cup noodles had a surge in popularity in the nineteen seventies due to an unlikely appearance on television. Really what sparked that trend? Was it a It was featured on The Brady Bunch b It was featured on The Price Is Right or c it was featured on a televised hostage situation.
Speaker 2: Oh my god, maybe that was the hostages demand?
Speaker 10: Would the hostages have demand?
Speaker 11: We're gonna yeah, I don't mean hostages.
Speaker 6: A cup of noodles I don't know.
Speaker 5: Featured on The Brady Bunch. I could see. I was like the perfect family.
Speaker 1: So if all of a sudden, their nanny comes out with a cup of noodles for one of the.
Speaker 7: Kids, Alice Alice, Alice would never allow them to eat something as cheap as a couple. She cooked everything from scratch.
Speaker 8: But maybe it was like one of those episodes where it's like a Shenanigan where she was sneaking them to the kids.
Speaker 6: Well, I hope they fired her for that. Unacceptable but product on The Price is Right, that's like what the whole show's about.
Speaker 1: Guess, cheap things an expensive thing. So maybe it's too easy, but I'm gonna say price is right.
Speaker 10: Jake Jose said, the price is right? That is.
Speaker 9: It was the hostage situation. Over a ten day ordeal, the police officers were seen eating cup noodles and sales in Japan.
Speaker 2: Skyrock it was the police officers.
Speaker 6: Well, it's one of those days where we all got.
Speaker 7: Our questions wrong, so we're all going to be getting shocked while singing My Humps by Black Eyed Peas.
Speaker 14: What are you gonna do with all that junk, all that John gets side Yo, Chunky, get.
Speaker 6: You jump, get you love, junk, got my humps? That's your shock collar question.
Speaker 13: Of the day, Brook and Jeffrey in the Morning.
Speaker 7: Has there been a reality TV show in recent memory that's had as much press as this one?
Speaker 6: It's Brook and Jeffrey in the Morning.
Speaker 7: I'm talking about the Golden Bachelor with the seventy two year old widower Gary Turner looking to find love again in the ergonomic hot tub with.
Speaker 6: Installed.
Speaker 2: You're the only one that's seen it, right, Jeffrey.
Speaker 7: I'm not the only one who's seen it. Alexis has actually been watching it. And we don't have a lot of time here, Alexis, I just want to hear some of your takeaways from the show.
Speaker 12: Okay, First, his name is Jerry, by the way, jeff Yes, yeah, Jerry's guilf I love him. But the woman they all look really good for their age. A lot of botok though I bought a lot of anti aging things after watching it, watch it at retinal everything.
Speaker 2: Stick to your spo.
Speaker 3: Yeah, they're a little cleany, I'll say. You know, I feel like they all think that they're already going to marry him.
Speaker 5: You know, because they didn't have less time.
Speaker 3: I don't know, I think so.
Speaker 12: I mean, are they looking for marriage at the end of this, because it's like that's what it ends with. Really, But my one complaint is there's too much death talk. You guys, you're off the verge.
Speaker 2: What else are you thinking about?
Speaker 3: I think they all have someone who died or is currently dying. It's gonna die.
Speaker 2: It's just like, as my dad says, they're all dropping like flies.
Speaker 3: Brook keep up everybody.
Speaker 6: Maybe there's something to that though, maybe that's like kind of sexy talk for them.
Speaker 3: I am scared, but there one on ones are gonna be the rest of the show.
Speaker 2: Is it a look into your future dating in life? It could be.
Speaker 3: It could be they're all trying to be fun, you know.
Speaker 1: Are they gonna use it as promotion They're like on the next Golden Bachelor.
Speaker 5: Someone may die.
Speaker 12: Yeah, I'm a little scared of what might happen this season.
Speaker 2: Can you imagine the insurance they had to take out for the show.
Speaker 13: Go hi.
Speaker 6: But you're gonna keep watching it, right, Alexis all the way through the season.
Speaker 12: I mean, I'm not gonna commit to I'm not gonna promise the whole season, but so far it's good.
Speaker 7: It's nice to have a wholesome reality TV show back.
Speaker 10: On the y.
Speaker 3: He doesn't use the words like hot and sexy. He calls them elegant.
Speaker 2: That's sweet. I can't wait for the hip replacement episode.
Speaker 7: Text se nine, Are you watching The Golden Bachelor? Tell us what you think about it. We got laser stories coming up. It's the radio segment that opened his own medical clinic called Bend It. Like Beckham, I don't want to go into the details of what problemly treat, but let's just say it's not lame elbows. Book your appointment with laser stores. It's gotta be yeah, unless you'll find out.
Speaker 6: There's a segment where we read weird news.
Speaker 7: Stories around the globe, just like everyone else does, except we've got a laser and there's other limpy wimpy's just don't This first laser story is out of New York. Three college students have a tradition where they make a homemade steak dinner meal at their New York apartment every single week.
Speaker 6: That's fine, And one night, as they dined.
Speaker 7: They thought it'd be funny if they made up a name for their fake little apartment restaurant and called it Marons.
Speaker 2: Fancy, I'm going to love tonight.
Speaker 7: And they actually listed it on Google Maps too, and convinced their friends to give it great reviews. And that's when the inside joke started to spiral, because soon it became quote the best steakhouse on the Upper east Side.
Speaker 5: Everyone kept giving reviews, Yeah, that's so good.
Speaker 6: And then the unexpected happened.
Speaker 7: Thousands of New Yorkers discovered the highly reviewed fake restaurant and inundated it with reservations.
Speaker 2: Which makes it even more wanted.
Speaker 7: But instead of letting everyone in on the joke, they decided to take it to the next level and actually.
Speaker 6: Opened it for just one night. What are they thinking?
Speaker 7: They rented a warehouse, pulled in tables, chairs.
Speaker 6: White linens.
Speaker 7: Really did it, I think, And then got a bunch of their twenty something friends to attempt to be cooks. And then the so called chef's put together a five course menu named the Bovine Circle.
Speaker 3: Of Life, No so hard, I kind of like it.
Speaker 7: It included steak, salad, dessert, and milk from Philip the Ugandan cow in The prank was a success. Most of the diners got a good laugh at the efforts of the pranksters.
Speaker 6: They know they realized.
Speaker 7: It eventually, but not one thought they should actually open a real restaurant.
Speaker 2: I want to see what their reviews are now, I know.
Speaker 6: Let's go to your next laser story out of Los Angeles.
Speaker 7: Everyone reads at a different pace, but one book club might have just set a new record. They're making news because it's taken them twenty eight years to read a single book.
Speaker 8: I've been to like three years of book club, and I think I've read half of a book.
Speaker 6: So I get it, Brooke.
Speaker 7: This isn't because they drink at every meeting and actually forget about the reading part altogether.
Speaker 2: Yeah, hey, wat cheese too, sometimes dessert.
Speaker 6: This is because they only read one single page at a time.
Speaker 2: Oh my god.
Speaker 7: In fact, they regularly meet twice a month, so it's taken him twenty eight years to go over six hundred and twenty eight pages of their book.
Speaker 2: Am I actually discussed just one page.
Speaker 7: The book club started in nineteen ninety five at the Los Angeles Public Library, and the same.
Speaker 6: Person that started it is still leading it.
Speaker 7: His name is Jerry Fialka, and he says he picked the book Finnigan's Wake because it's famously difficult to understand, so you.
Speaker 2: Have to like dissect it, like why did they put that comma there? What does it mean?
Speaker 7: He went slow because he wanted to make sure that he and every single person in the club got it by going extra extra slowly.
Speaker 8: I love books, but why would anyone want to read a book that is that difficult?
Speaker 13: Me?
Speaker 2: I have twenty eight years.
Speaker 1: I forget things all the time, So you give me one page to read, I could probably actually accomplish this.
Speaker 7: If you're wondering how long a group of people can talk about one single page, Jerry says, it's about two hours. Well two hours, you'll never believe it. But this week they will reach the final page.
Speaker 6: They do, god exactly.
Speaker 7: Everybody is wondering what book is next, but Jerry says there will be no next book because Finnegan's Wake ends in the middle of the last sentence and then picks right back up at the beginning.
Speaker 13: Oh.
Speaker 6: It's a never ending is it a book?
Speaker 7: From how Jerry says he hopes the group stays alive long enough to finish the book a second time.
Speaker 2: He's gotta be a prank by the.
Speaker 6: Let's go to your next lazer story out of restroom world.
Speaker 2: Okay, Jose a time.
Speaker 7: Have you ever grabbed a few squares of toilet paper and been frustrated because it didn't tear away in a neat line?
Speaker 5: I have OCD about that.
Speaker 2: Really, I don't know ever notice.
Speaker 7: Yeah, I tend to not care. But apparently it was an issue that bothered a lot of people. In fact, the powers that be from Sharman say they got a lot of complaints about toilet paper not tearing cleanly along the perforation, so it should be a square. They had their team look into this. The researchers figured out that the uneven tear was because the line was straight, but people were pulling from many different angles and directions.
Speaker 2: It's my fault.
Speaker 8: They should look into is the deforestation that toilet papers carousing?
Speaker 2: But okay, whatever.
Speaker 7: The team started working on a redesign and that took more than five years.
Speaker 4: Wow, TP technology, But they just announced.
Speaker 6: The end result is finally ready.
Speaker 7: It's called smooth tear, and instead of a straight line, it's a wavy perforation, which means that each piece is no longer a perfect square, but it's soft and also gives you maximum.
Speaker 5: I don't like the ultrasoft Strong is the best way?
Speaker 7: Okay, ogad time your next laser story out of online shopping headquarters. Exactly how lazy has society gotten? Well, here's the latest. Amazon already delivers anything you want right to your front door, and if you need to return it, you just drop it off at Whole Foods or a UPS store. But now you don't even have to do that last part. For five dollars, Uber will do it for you.
Speaker 2: Oh my gosh, I would use this kind of pick it up.
Speaker 6: That's right, return it.
Speaker 7: Uber is adding a brand new feature called Uber Lazy.
Speaker 8: I love it.
Speaker 7: I'm not sure if that's the real name, but the service lets you book a driver to come pick up any packages you need to return, and they'll go drop them off at FedEx, UPS or your local post office for a flat fee of five bucks.
Speaker 2: Okay, but there's a tip attached, you know there has to be.
Speaker 6: Yeah, Auto a tip.
Speaker 7: Sure, but I won't pick up anything that costs more than one hundred dollars and it has to weigh thirty pounds or less.
Speaker 5: Okay, then they're going to charge me.
Speaker 6: You can't like return your new coucher table, the.
Speaker 2: Flat artichow carts, that Jose or that's right, I ate all of them.
Speaker 6: So why is this happening?
Speaker 7: Maybe because a recent poll found seventy nine percent of people under thirty five mail returns somewhat or very annoying.
Speaker 2: Whatever. Sometimes the companies are just like, we don't want it, Yeah, I keep it.
Speaker 7: According to the National Retail Federation, almost seventeen percent of online retail sales end up being.
Speaker 6: Returned to this so terrible. That's one in every six items I've heard.
Speaker 2: They just get thrown away.
Speaker 3: Yeah, tell you to keep it.
Speaker 2: So much garbage.
Speaker 6: If you're wondering, the returns does include shoes?
Speaker 2: Oh that's good for this guy.
Speaker 6: Has he ever returned a pair? I don't think, just once because the tongue was two flappy.
Speaker 7: Show these laser stories has come to an end for the day. We'll do it again at the same time on Monday.
Speaker 13: Night, Brook and Jeffrey in the morning it's.
Speaker 7: The single biggest decision we have to make for the show every year, and we need the listener's help.
Speaker 2: Yes, we do.
Speaker 7: What should the Morning Show group Halloween costume be for this October thirty?
Speaker 6: First, we are so.
Speaker 2: Late this year planning. This is an emergency.
Speaker 6: Yeah, I can tell you right now.
Speaker 7: I'm pre vetoing the idea that we're all different eras from Taylor Swift's tour and digital Jake is Travis Kelcey and we fight each other.
Speaker 6: To the death for his love.
Speaker 2: That'd be so good, though.
Speaker 6: I'm sorry but pre vetoed not doing it.
Speaker 7: We're each gonna pitch our costume ideas for the first time. We haven't heard each others yet. It's gonna happen right here. Text in seven, eight, five, nine two to help us decide which one.
Speaker 15: To go with.
Speaker 7: We're gonna do it at seventeen. There's a storied tradition on this show. It's Brooke and Jeffrey in the Morning. If you weren't sure which show, I was.
Speaker 2: Like, oh god, we're here. Change the station.
Speaker 7: But every year we dress up in a coordinated group costume for Halloween.
Speaker 6: And this is a tradition that goes.
Speaker 7: Way back, all the way to twenty twenty one, wow, two years.
Speaker 2: Ago, because I never knew we'd get this far.
Speaker 7: I mean, we know we were dressing up before then, but we finally decided, just like Brooks Marriage, to try the group route.
Speaker 5: It has been. It is wonderful. It's a lot more coordination.
Speaker 2: But you were going to light up my DMS. That is not what I'm looking for in my bear.
Speaker 6: You're welcome, Brooke. But two years ago we did Scooby Doo in the Gang and that was.
Speaker 10: A big hit.
Speaker 7: Last year we did Harry Potter. The question is what should we dress as on October thirty first. This time around we set its own. Guys, There's been a lot of text already at seven eight, five, nine two from people who like the show and want to put in their own suggestions that we're going to try to put in hours now. We don't know a lot of time, so we probably can't get to everybody's ideas. That's why here's how it's gonna work. We are gonna spin our Ai prize wheel and we have replaced all the prizes on it with each of our names, so whoever it lands on gets to pitch one costume idea to the group and give a short reason why you think we should go with that costume, and then we'll spin again.
Speaker 6: And go to the next person.
Speaker 2: Okay, let's go.
Speaker 5: So remember try and keep an open mind.
Speaker 6: I know everybody already thinks their costume idea is the best.
Speaker 5: But probably just hear everybody out.
Speaker 7: Hopefully the wheel lands on you, maybe more than once, and you can pitch more than one idea.
Speaker 2: You know I'm coming in.
Speaker 6: Let's start this off, Ashton spin the wheel, very old.
Speaker 2: School AI wheel reel.
Speaker 9: Alexis spooky, fake eyelashes fuller.
Speaker 6: A little judgmental this morning.
Speaker 7: What's your group costume idea?
Speaker 3: I want to be Mario Party like all the Mario characters.
Speaker 6: Do you have ideas for who should be?
Speaker 3: Well, obviously I want to be Princess Pete. In my thought process, I don't see it, and she doesn't wear a crop top.
Speaker 13: She can.
Speaker 3: My thing is, think of all the TikTok audio with it. We could do all the Mario Karts sounds. We could like race around the office like throw bananas at each other.
Speaker 6: We could do mushrooms on the show.
Speaker 3: So much potential for all the fun videos with it.
Speaker 7: We're writing down super Mario is one idea. Let's go to the next person, Ashton spin the wheel.
Speaker 6: Again again so long? I could have been Hey, that was harmless.
Speaker 13: You can follow her at the rowdy pa on Twitter.
Speaker 10: I don't even know what.
Speaker 7: Trying to keep your political leanings off the show for one Halloween?
Speaker 6: Just okay, what's your idea.
Speaker 8: I think it would be really great to do a punny Halloween and we all dress up as puns.
Speaker 2: And I know alex Is gone this.
Speaker 8: I'm hoping for majority rules right here, and I say, we give the freedom. Do you get to pick whatever pun you want?
Speaker 13: Right?
Speaker 8: Like Alexis, you could be a social butterfly and you'd wear like, you know, like the different social media logos and then little we you want us.
Speaker 3: To have to explain our costumes to everybody?
Speaker 8: Like one year I went as a serial killer and I had little cereal boxes with like stabbing and blood.
Speaker 7: I don't nobody ever understands what Brooks costumes are.
Speaker 2: Mark, what about homely cow? You dresses a cow with like an angel?
Speaker 10: You religions what he's going.
Speaker 6: To match on the show. That's not really a group thing. It's all like separate, but we could be pig.
Speaker 2: In a blanket. You can address this a little piggy and then you wrapped in a blanket, write.
Speaker 6: It down for everybody comes.
Speaker 2: I think it's French toasts.
Speaker 6: Okay, we heard it, you got we got the idea.
Speaker 7: Sometimes every culture listening. Let's go to the next one wheel again, mirror.
Speaker 5: You, Jeff get.
Speaker 6: Digital JK opinion that what do you want us to dress us for Halloween?
Speaker 9: I think we should dress up as characters from the Simpsons, A Homer, a Marge of bart Elisa, and then all of us, the rest of us the help. There's a ensemble of characters that we could.
Speaker 5: Knew a bunch of their impressions. I'd love to even be comic.
Speaker 2: But don't have to do all the yellow face paint. What you do, you're gonna do it right, you gotta be yellow.
Speaker 7: The idea of recreating like the opening scene of the Simpsons, Yeah yeah, they have a.
Speaker 2: Really dirty couch would be perfect.
Speaker 6: Let's keep going again.
Speaker 13: Ashton, you are all Jose Ao Latinos.
Speaker 6: Hold on, sorry, spin it again, please.
Speaker 13: Jose Latona Tangos.
Speaker 6: It's not good enough. It's not good enough.
Speaker 13: Don't again.
Speaker 7: It's gonna say Bolonaise Joseolaton.
Speaker 6: That's pretty close.
Speaker 2: That should be your rapper name.
Speaker 6: Go ahead, picture of your group costume I d and why.
Speaker 1: I just want to say, because I think this would be the most funny visually.
Speaker 2: Okay, the Adams family, Okay, think about it. I don't hate it. I don't know what's funny about it.
Speaker 5: So will be Wednesday.
Speaker 10: Huh, Gomez.
Speaker 5: The dad would be Jeffrey of course, and then more Titia would be your boy. You're looking at her. You want to be.
Speaker 4: Because it's Helenio to do this.
Speaker 3: You want to be a woman.
Speaker 5: And then the years obvious one is Uncle Faster being Brooke. Okay, yeah, because.
Speaker 3: She's like our uncle and I can't be Wednesday. I could do.
Speaker 5: Seriously, that's what I wanted you to be as the dad. But I think it makes more sense.
Speaker 8: I mean, if we were going to do the show Wednesday, she could be the little peppy blonde roommate of Wednesday.
Speaker 5: Yeah I've never seen that.
Speaker 6: Yeah, we're out of time here, so real quick.
Speaker 7: My choice is Golden Girls, which is great because Brooke doesn't even need a costume. Text that's right, Patriots, your options this year, are Super Mario, different puns, the Simpsons, the Adams Family, or Golden Girls, And our technical director, Ashton, suggested Wizard of Oz.
Speaker 6: So look forward to seeing your text.
Speaker 7: Also hit up our socials at Brooke and Jeffery to see our Halloween costumes for the year.
Speaker 6: Phone Town's coming up.
Speaker 13: Next Brook and Jeffrey in the morning.
Speaker 7: In today's phone tap, we call a guy who works for a big corporation because one of his coworker buddies wanted to play a joke and they told him they just hired someone from Germany to be on their team. And before he moves, he needs to ask a few questions on.
Speaker 6: The business side.
Speaker 7: Okay, that maense, But our own resident German, Hans Glueberg, has different intentions.
Speaker 6: Hello, he wants to get down to.
Speaker 7: Business with the local ladies, want to get to the business visit, and he needs an American man to show him the way.
Speaker 6: It's your phone tap right now, an.
Speaker 16: Hello, good and talk?
Speaker 4: Hello is this massive?
Speaker 15: Ah?
Speaker 16: Yes, this is Matthew.
Speaker 4: Oh hello, Massieu. I am Hans. I am the new employee.
Speaker 16: Oh right, you're the new guy. Yeah, day said you were gonna call very good.
Speaker 4: Well, actually I do have a question what it is not necessarily about the business. Okay, I am wondering are you single?
Speaker 13: What?
Speaker 4: I am just curious, like do you have a special fraud line or you know, I do not know your preference.
Speaker 5: Maybe you have a boy line.
Speaker 16: Perhaps No, I I'm single.
Speaker 5: Do not worry.
Speaker 4: No, I am not trying to make the romantic time on you. Wait what I am due to the country and I am looking to find some beautiful women for myself. Oh yeah, and I want to know how does it work?
Speaker 16: How does it work to do what like find a beautiful woman?
Speaker 5: Yeah?
Speaker 4: I've seen in you know, the American movies about buying a drinking to impress the women.
Speaker 16: Yeah, yeah, you can do that here, but in Germany is.
Speaker 4: A little different. See we're talking to her about her body and her masculine hands and how many callises she can count on one, two us three? Ooh that one counts as two one is growing on another one.
Speaker 13: Yeah.
Speaker 16: I don't know if the women over here would like that. Honestly, that is interesting to me.
Speaker 4: Why why not the you know, hunt Carlis pickup line? Oh like your Carlie go you look very bumpy.
Speaker 16: Honestly, talking about women bodies. Isn't the best idea over here?
Speaker 4: I have seen in the American TV shows. Yeah, they do the pick up of the women. It is very similar to Germany, but we do the cows.
Speaker 16: Well, were you talking about cows?
Speaker 4: You know, like you talk to the woman and asking how many of the cows can she left?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 16: No, that's not really a thing here really.
Speaker 4: Oh, in Germany, the more cows a woman can throw over her shoulders, the more suitors will line up or down the corn.
Speaker 6: Now, oh my goodness.
Speaker 16: Well you've got some different customs over there, don't you.
Speaker 4: Oh yeah, it's like a cream cheese festival.
Speaker 5: It gets crazy.
Speaker 4: You guys have the cream cheese festivals.
Speaker 16: Yeah, I can't say we do.
Speaker 4: Oh my goodness. You'll never know what's going to happen at the cream cheese festival.
Speaker 10: Yeah.
Speaker 4: One time I left and let us just say there were no cream cheese left. Hans ate it all.
Speaker 16: Yeah, I don't know if that's going to help you. I'd say, just try to be yourself and make a connection with them.
Speaker 4: Perhaps I can use the help of my new friend you, Matthew.
Speaker 16: You want to be wing man, and look at that we are at lunchtime. I'm sorry, I've got to end this call.
Speaker 4: Oh perfect, is lunch for me too? You can go do the meat cute?
Speaker 10: Yeah?
Speaker 4: What's a meat cute? When you bump into somebody random? You know, you don't I don't know you, you don't know me? Whoopsie daisis right. In Germany, it's not meat cute. It's cute meat. You just bring fresh meat to your fraud line and it is so cute and the women love it. Would you like a spleen from the cow?
Speaker 16: That's different.
Speaker 4: That is how my grandparents got married. He gave her a cow spleen. Oh wow, it's very cute, exactly how it is saying. Sometimes you have a steak. Maybe next time you come in and you have an appendix from a rabbit.
Speaker 16: Like I said, it's lunchtime. I got to run.
Speaker 4: Oh yeah, that sounds like a plan. Dave said that we should meet up for the prank phone call anyway, and for lunch as well. Dude, how are you saying? Two birds one bird?
Speaker 17: Wait?
Speaker 4: Wi stones, one bird?
Speaker 16: I'm sorry, what did Dave say?
Speaker 4: The pranking of the phone call?
Speaker 1: What because your coager Dave said, you up, man, this is actually Jose from Brook and Jeffrey in the morning.
Speaker 5: We're doing a phone tap.
Speaker 1: Dave said, you guys hired a new guy from Germany and you haven't met him.
Speaker 4: Yere, Well, well, what cut of meat will you bring for the ladies?
Speaker 16: Oh man, oh, I am not getting into this.
Speaker 4: I highly recommend some type of honey badger bladder.
Speaker 16: Excellent, excellent.
Speaker 18: I'll you guys on the flip side.
Speaker 4: Okay, I'll see you at work. I love you for head cases.
Speaker 16: Yeah yeah, bye baby.
Speaker 13: Wake up every morning with weekday mornings on the twenties Brooke and Jeffrey in the morning.
Speaker 7: If you're driving to work right now, or to school, or you're about to get out of the car and turn your radio off, I just ask one thing from you that at some point later today you go to our podcasts at Brook and Jeffrey and look under the second dates for the title Mexican Craycation, because what you're gonna hear is one of the most hilarious accidental situations ever that happened to one of our listeners while he was on a trip in.
Speaker 2: Mexico, and it wasn't even Tequila's fault.
Speaker 7: Well no, although Tequila did play a role in what happened that day, so make sure you check it out. For the lucky ones who are about to hear this live on the radio, though, get ready for your extra Cray Cray edition of a Second Date Update.
Speaker 6: It's coming up next Second Date Update Date.
Speaker 7: How come Whenever I go on vacations, I never meet anybody interesting or sexy or cool.
Speaker 2: For I think it's because you have to talk to people.
Speaker 6: I do talk to people.
Speaker 2: I don't know. You're just like, you're kind of like a quiet guy. Sometimes I'm a.
Speaker 6: Good listener, Yes, thank you, brother.
Speaker 7: I just meet the weirdos, like Dale, the severely sunburned pharmacist who's celebrating his third divorce.
Speaker 2: Oh so you talk to the people.
Speaker 6: Yeah, I just don't meet the right and then the guy makes me pay for all the drinks on the booze cruise that we're on.
Speaker 13: Wow.
Speaker 7: But that wasn't the case for one of our listeners, Drew, who says he went down to Mexico for a vacation recently and ended up meeting an awesome woman while he was there.
Speaker 6: So let's talk to him about it, Drew. How you doing, man.
Speaker 17: Doing?
Speaker 16: Dude?
Speaker 2: I'm excited are we making an international call to Mexico.
Speaker 17: No, I'm back, but I was in Mexico and I'm really confused.
Speaker 10: I need your help.
Speaker 8: Yeah, I know you're on the phone from here. I'm wondering about her. Yeah, we call her in the.
Speaker 7: Next part of this, but you know, in touch with her if you guys can help, Okay, okay, I'll tell us how.
Speaker 6: You met her.
Speaker 17: So. Look, so I was in Mexico. I go with my family every year. It's like this whole thing, like yeah, and I had like twenty minutes to.
Speaker 8: Spare, and I'm I just I'm sorry to interrupt, but it's not like your wife or kids, right, I just make sure when you say.
Speaker 18: No, you know it's my aunt uncles.
Speaker 17: You know yet much.
Speaker 2: I didn't interrupt.
Speaker 5: But that was important.
Speaker 17: Yeah, no, it is important.
Speaker 10: Yeah, but no.
Speaker 17: So yeah, I'm at the pool and by myself at the bar, and all of a sudden, this like chick comes up to me and her name is Chrissy. Turns out, apparently we clicked yeah Chrissy like from three Company.
Speaker 6: Okay, oh yeah, do you have a more modern reference than that one, because I don't think we know. Yeah, yeah, you don't sound that old.
Speaker 17: Well, no I'm not, but hey, I like reruns. But yeah, anyway, I'm by the pool and this Kirsty comes up to me and we start talking, and apparently we clicked right away because this old couple that was like swimming by us came up to us. And that's just how long we were married.
Speaker 13: Yeah.
Speaker 7: You know what's a good sign When a total stranger thinks that you have such good chemistry with someone, you must have been with them forever.
Speaker 5: Yeah, yeah, or you're dating or something.
Speaker 17: Yeah, And it was crazy, so I kind of just went with it.
Speaker 2: Oh, you pretended to be married to this old couple.
Speaker 17: No, not to the old couple me and Chrissy.
Speaker 6: Yeah, I feel like anything, Brook says, You're not really the way you say words, Brooke, it's important.
Speaker 5: Totally communicating right now, I'm so hard.
Speaker 2: I didn't pretend to marry you.
Speaker 6: Well, the way you said it, that's what I meant.
Speaker 8: Like, you pretended in front of the old people to them, they thought you were married.
Speaker 17: Yes, anyway, I kind of fell in love with her. I spent five hours with her.
Speaker 13: Wee kind of down.
Speaker 2: How much drinking?
Speaker 5: That's a good.
Speaker 17: Question in Mexico, he went for me. But look, we hit it off. Turns out we're from the same area, we know the same people.
Speaker 13: Like it was meant to be.
Speaker 2: What that world? Yeah, that's pretty wild.
Speaker 17: Yeah, And we were supposed to meet up the next day, and I haven't heard from her.
Speaker 8: So you spent all day at the pool together. Did you guys go anywhere else besides the pool and the bar?
Speaker 18: No?
Speaker 17: Five hours in the water, just drinking and laughing and pretending we're married.
Speaker 3: Were we supposed to meet up with her at the resort again or back home?
Speaker 17: We were supposed to go walk on the beach in the morning. And then she texted me and she said that she had an early flight, which I understood. Okay, But now that we're back, we're in the same area, Like, why isn't she getting back to me? I don't understand it.
Speaker 8: I mean, it's not really a date that you went on though, right, So it's like, although you were flirting and you were doing the thing, Like.
Speaker 7: I don't know, what more could you need from a date than like drinking and flirting and hanging out for five straight hours?
Speaker 6: What more would qualify as a date?
Speaker 2: I know, sometimes like when you're on vacation.
Speaker 8: You just think of like vacation zone and real life zone, and then they don't overlap.
Speaker 3: There's like vacation boyfriends.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, like.
Speaker 3: Back to real life.
Speaker 6: Oh sorry, I didn't know the rules vacation different.
Speaker 2: I need a Lexus to say everything I'm trying to say, because.
Speaker 6: Thank you for translating. So how long has it been since you've been back.
Speaker 17: It's been two weeks and her every other day. I don't want to be too hard, but you know, like we had such a good time.
Speaker 2: Okay, what are you sending her?
Speaker 13: Like?
Speaker 2: Are you just saying hey, what's up? You sending her picks that you guys took together.
Speaker 17: Oh no, we didn't take any texts. You were in the pool, but yeah, Brooks.
Speaker 2: Always take pics at the pool. I'm on vacation.
Speaker 6: Okay, but we're gonna come back.
Speaker 7: We're gonna call your Mexican wife, Chrissy, and we're gonna find out why she's not wanting to hang out now that you're back home together.
Speaker 6: Okay.
Speaker 17: Yeah, by the way, she's not Mexican. I just met her down there.
Speaker 5: Yeah, like she was located in Mexican.
Speaker 6: Okay, now, now I'm being the completion. All right, this might be a train wreck when we do your second date update right after day hold on second date update.
Speaker 7: A chance meeting had a pool in Mexico, a meeting that lasted for five wonderful hours where drinks were flowing, water was splashing, old people were admiring them as a great couple. It was just the perfect day for our listener, Drew, and they were scheduled to meet up to go for a walk on the beach together the next morning. But Chrissy, the woman that he met, texted him saying she couldn't.
Speaker 8: Make it, which she said she had a flight out. Why didn't you remember that when she is planning the.
Speaker 6: Wall very suspicious?
Speaker 7: But now that they're both back home, what's changed? Is she sobered up now and suddenly not into it anymore? Is she back with her husband and can't see him without, you know, making things weird?
Speaker 2: It's actually not a bad question.
Speaker 17: Far.
Speaker 7: We don't know, but we're gonna attempt to find out when we call Chrissy here in just a second.
Speaker 6: First, Drew, how we feeling?
Speaker 13: You're good?
Speaker 18: Are you?
Speaker 8: I thought you'd be more nervous because you dropped a lot of emotions when we were talking to you, I mean you were saying, after five hours, this is love.
Speaker 6: You did use the L word.
Speaker 16: Well, I think it's gonna work out.
Speaker 2: Okay, that optimistic, that's good.
Speaker 7: Maybe he's still having a little bit of tequila this morning and there's nothing supportive.
Speaker 2: Body shots all around.
Speaker 6: No comment from Drew. That's okay.
Speaker 13: He doesn't like.
Speaker 5: Your body, lady.
Speaker 7: We promise we're going to make sure Brook talks as little as possible when we call Chrissy.
Speaker 2: Here, I'm promising nothing, jeff Yeah, then we're.
Speaker 6: Doomed from the start. But here we go, Chrissy. Hello, Hey is this Chrissy?
Speaker 2: This is what should you say?
Speaker 6: Yeah? I guess we could say in Spanish. Yeah, it's already off to a bad start.
Speaker 13: Here.
Speaker 6: We're a radio show. We're called Brooke and Jeffrey in the Morning.
Speaker 5: Okay, Hi, Hi, we're we do a.
Speaker 7: Segment on our show called the Second Date Update, and we're hoping that you would be a part of it.
Speaker 18: I mean, can you tell me more about it, like what's going on?
Speaker 7: Well, yeah, it's uh, it's where we help our listeners who met somebody or have gone on a date with someone they really like. Try and reconnect for another date, and that happened recently with a guy named Drew down in Mexico.
Speaker 6: At least that's what we heard.
Speaker 15: Oh Drew.
Speaker 8: Yeah, he said he's been texting you for like the past two weeks and he hasn't heard much of anything back.
Speaker 16: He talked to you.
Speaker 7: Yeah, we got a little bit of background about what happened. That you guys met in a pool and you guys hung out there for five hours.
Speaker 8: He said, it was a great time, Like drinks were flowing. It just felt like you guys were clicking.
Speaker 6: You've pretended like you were married at one point.
Speaker 15: Anytime I feel like you're in a pool and drinks are flowing, it's a good time.
Speaker 6: You always pretend you're married to someone when you get in a pool.
Speaker 18: No, that was the first time, but I don't know after we were in the pool for a while, Like you said, five hours we were there, but it's a long time.
Speaker 15: Yeah, I mean we have a long time.
Speaker 18: We got to know each other.
Speaker 5: It was great.
Speaker 18: He's a great dude, but he's kind of the lightweight because lightwe okay, not that I have a drinking problem or a said.
Speaker 8: It's always good when you established that first five hours straight.
Speaker 10: Feel a thing.
Speaker 18: We alread to get tequila for five hours and I was just ready to keep the party going. But Drew just was ready to end the night.
Speaker 5: And yes, dose yourself better.
Speaker 10: Than he does.
Speaker 2: Maybe it doesn't matter. You're out in the sun, it's hot. I'm sure you're dehydrated. Like that's a long time. Anybody needs a nap after that.
Speaker 15: I totally get that.
Speaker 18: And I was headed to take a nap after. I wanted to go get one more drink, you know, And I pulled up to the hotel bar and I met someone.
Speaker 15: Wait, wait, okay, Andrew and I were not hooking up that day. That was a fun, little, fun little thing in the pool. But then I really met somebody, and I feel like I connected with him. He was an older gentleman.
Speaker 18: And I was instantly attracted to him. He was my pipe, and he just like really seemed like he had his stuff together, you know, like there was no red.
Speaker 6: Flag wood luck with men.
Speaker 5: Mexico.
Speaker 2: That's amazing. But wait, are you still dating the guy?
Speaker 18: Things were going so well that night that we continued them.
Speaker 2: Continued them here, oh back home, So you're still seeing yeah?
Speaker 5: Yeah, oh, around you by I mean.
Speaker 18: Yeah, he's from around here, and I just I really really liked Drew.
Speaker 15: He was a great guy. I had a lot of fun with him that day, but I didn't know if he was like the type that I wanted to go out with again. He was just somebody that I was hanging out with for the day and it was fun, like I.
Speaker 18: Made a friend for the day.
Speaker 7: Look, that's totally fair, and you're absolutely allowed to meet whoever you want. But here's an idea, because since it's still early in your relationship with this other guy and you're just starting things off with this person, so I don't know what his name is.
Speaker 6: And then Bruce Actually, okay, why not continue to go out and see Drew and Bruce?
Speaker 2: I mean, if if you're honest with Bruce, right, I mean I could think about it, but balancing too many it is pretty hard.
Speaker 10: You met you met somebody named Bruce there?
Speaker 7: What Sorry, Christy, I need to let you know that Drew has actually been on the other line listening this entire time.
Speaker 10: You're joking.
Speaker 6: No, No, that's how the segment works.
Speaker 17: Drew, what are you doing?
Speaker 15: Like, why are you doing this to me?
Speaker 9: Well?
Speaker 17: I was wanting to know why you weren't getting in touch with me. But now I'm a little confused because there's not that many Bruces out there, and you know that I was with my uncle and his name is Bruce, so.
Speaker 10: What I can't be Drew?
Speaker 17: No, I'm sorry?
Speaker 15: What wait?
Speaker 10: What did Bruce look like?
Speaker 16: Can you please tell me?
Speaker 17: Kind of important?
Speaker 18: He was an older gentleman, and he was pretty tall, probably like six foot two, and he was wearing a really nice watch. He had a very nice beard eye.
Speaker 17: Are you kidding me with that? It's my uncle, Drew?
Speaker 13: Why?
Speaker 16: Yeah?
Speaker 17: I mean, I'm in shock. I thought we had a thing going.
Speaker 15: It makes sense why he's from here too.
Speaker 5: I couldn't figure that out.
Speaker 15: Oh my god.
Speaker 2: The wait, the uncle was an upgrade from our boy.
Speaker 3: Don't bring it down like that.
Speaker 6: I just remember, Drew.
Speaker 18: Listen, since i'll probably see you at family reunions, it's not.
Speaker 3: Jump into that like.
Speaker 8: It's that serious with this uncle Bruce. Are we telling him huncle because he's like a honky uncle.
Speaker 2: I mean, it's pretty good, it's pretty good.
Speaker 6: Let's not call him anything, call him Bruce.
Speaker 18: Okay, I'm sorry, my boo right now, But.
Speaker 17: Well, you know he's a recovering alcoholic, right.
Speaker 6: Is like the spirit.
Speaker 2: Yeah, he's way more put together.
Speaker 17: I can't believe my uncle didn't even tell I told them all about you and were going to go out.
Speaker 18: He must have thought I was too good to be true, so he found me himself.
Speaker 17: But hold on, why didn't you just answer me?
Speaker 10: Though?
Speaker 18: I didn't know how to tell you that I was seeing somebody else and I don't really see two people out of time usually.
Speaker 2: But she probably just feels too like she didn't owe you much, you know. It's like, I mean, it sucks.
Speaker 8: I agree she should have responded, but people don't. Yeah, people ghost all the time.
Speaker 3: Called you a friend for the day.
Speaker 2: Yeah, just had different feel.
Speaker 17: I really thought I thought we had. I don't. Would you know what hatng with Bruce? And I mean, would you like to go out one more time?
Speaker 10: Though?
Speaker 7: Well, sounds like he's still a little bit interested, so we should ask Chrissy, would you like to go out with Bruce's nephew for a day?
Speaker 6: We will pay for that date.
Speaker 18: I was gonna say, I might have to check with Bruce. Bruce allowed out of the house past his bedtime?
Speaker 16: Really cool?
Speaker 13: Yeah?
Speaker 7: True?
Speaker 8: Man?
Speaker 6: I'm sorry, dude, I don't think we're gonna be able to get you a date here.
Speaker 2: I wouldn't go on vacation with your uncle ever. Again, that's for sure.
Speaker 17: Every year.
Speaker 13: And Jeffrey in the morning, I.
Speaker 7: Know, I said it was going to be awkward for him at the holidays, but think about their next Mexico vacation because Drew said it's a family tradition where they go every year. Imagine Drew having to lay out on the beach and he has to watch uncle Bruce with his hot young girlfriend while she rubs lotion all over Uncle's back.
Speaker 8: There's only one answer to this, Jeffrey, and that's that Drew meets Chrissy's aunt.
Speaker 2: I mean, can't fire that fire.
Speaker 6: That during the call?
Speaker 2: Yeah, so ie, she's got a single ass.
Speaker 6: Yeah, we have to make that happen.
Speaker 2: If anything, we have to get well.
Speaker 8: I guess we don't get a second date update update with Drew, but I'd like to hear how Chrissy and the uncle turn out.
Speaker 2: Is that wrong with them?
Speaker 3: And see it all go down.
Speaker 10: We need to do a.
Speaker 7: Remote broadcast from a tropical vacation place like this will be perfect, Like.
Speaker 5: This resort if we find out which one of.
Speaker 6: Them you, we'll probably all end up with Uncle Bruce if we're not careful.
Speaker 7: But if you ever want to get a second date update for yourself, you can email us at Brook and Jeffrey.
Speaker 6: We'll call that person who wasn't calling you.
Speaker 13: Back Brook and Jeffrey in the morning.
Speaker 7: Well, the consultants have done it again. No, Brook and Jeffrey in the morning. And our listeners probably don't know this, but management occasionally hires radio advisors to listen to all of our content and they'll bring us in a room together and point out all of the things that they think we do.
Speaker 8: Badly and by like everyone's will like every time one listener stops listening.
Speaker 5: Yeah, they're like no, no, no, you're still number one.
Speaker 6: But yeah, but this whole situation, this is horror.
Speaker 7: Yeah. And they want to point out little things, especially like see you said that sentence in nine seconds, I really should say it in eight.
Speaker 6: I saw your ratings.
Speaker 8: You got to sell themon eight Well they're not here. Maybe seven down actually half a second? Could you get people to pay attention?
Speaker 7: Well, recently they did some analysis on our show again and apparently they found the one word they think I say too much on the air, and they want me to stop.
Speaker 13: What is it?
Speaker 7: I can't even tell you what it is, because even if I mentioned it casually, I'm going to get in trouble from the advisors.
Speaker 2: I am so desperate to know.
Speaker 16: Now.
Speaker 6: Only way that I.
Speaker 7: Could possibly get it out is if I sneak it into the lyrics of my new song of the world.
Speaker 6: So listen closely and maybe you'll hear the secret word. I'm not supposed to say.
Speaker 7: It's coming up at a ten. It is a song of the week time. And now that October is officially here, people are doing all the regular spooky season things. They're decorating their houses, going to the pumpkin patch, shooting apple cannons into each other's mouths.
Speaker 2: That's what the dangerous on your head.
Speaker 6: Only gonna do it right.
Speaker 7: But there's one activity that tops them all. In fact, we just learned about a new survey that found over seventy percent of all adults like to watch scary movies. I don't know what it is, but there's just something so magical about grabbing a bowl of popcorn, curling up under a blanket, and watching a supernatural psychopath disembowel an entire small time.
Speaker 2: The movie.
Speaker 6: I know I can't do.
Speaker 3: Even talking about it makes me so nervous.
Speaker 7: But I wonder, do you guys ever feel like these movie ville ones maybe get a bad rap.
Speaker 2: No killing screen.
Speaker 5: I mean, just because of all.
Speaker 7: The haunting and the stabbing and the demonic headspin, and we forget that these psychopath killers have feelings and problems of their own.
Speaker 2: I don't think we forget. I don't think we care.
Speaker 6: Well exactly, that's the problem. You've turned them this way because.
Speaker 7: Everyone's turned a blind eye to their problems in their knees.
Speaker 2: So Jason just needs a good cry.
Speaker 6: Yeah, well, we'll hug it out.
Speaker 7: Buddy, who's asking questions like where can Jason sharpen his blade and not be mobbed by cops or worse by autograph seekers.
Speaker 6: Somebody needs to sing about problems like that.
Speaker 7: Luckily I am brave enough to step into Michael Myers jumpsuit and walk a mile in his bloodstained boots.
Speaker 2: You know, stepping into his skin would also work here?
Speaker 6: Yeah, which is somebody else's skin.
Speaker 7: And today, instead of doing the big hit by Katy Perry teenage Dream.
Speaker 2: I mean nothing screams horror movie like Katie.
Speaker 7: It's young Jeffrey's teenage screams all about the unspoken struggle of being a horror flick movie villain.
Speaker 6: I'm gonna win you over.
Speaker 17: By the end.
Speaker 2: Sure, we're gonna be full of empathy.
Speaker 6: Okay, point when I'm ready.
Speaker 7: Point Oh my macheties, I order amm Zon. It's kinda crazy. Nobody has yet caught on my last delivery. The driver was never found.
Speaker 6: What's that sound? Chainsaws are scary. They're one of my big he brand things, but kind of heavy. I suffer from back pain.
Speaker 14: That's why when I chase you, I limp and I don't walk right.
Speaker 4: My back is tied.
Speaker 6: I'm not quite the social tide. Don't got friends, just ghosts. At full moon, I come alive.
Speaker 14: Foggy nights are my favorite web house Loasa.
Speaker 6: I'm out here causing.
Speaker 19: More teams nage screams than Taylor's Eras tour, haunt your dreams and track you down like an Apple air tag.
Speaker 6: I'm cleaning red flag mid night calls.
Speaker 17: I'll give your.
Speaker 2: House old ring.
Speaker 6: Don't be scared.
Speaker 16: Not tell them marketing.
Speaker 8: Here's the deal.
Speaker 19: I just want to ask you what movies you track, Hey, look, come out back.
Speaker 6: You bought a mansion and wondered why it's so cheap.
Speaker 10: I tried to warn you.
Speaker 7: And haunted it for a week, told you to get out, but you wouldn't break the leaves.
Speaker 6: Now you're deceased, oeg boards. I can lie text the dead. You up when day come?
Speaker 14: You act surprised, Poulter guys will possess your sister on sure me my favorite living in your dolly, evil demon spawn.
Speaker 6: Just tie me, Come pull my string.
Speaker 16: And I'll cover your back.
Speaker 6: Little cabbage past.
Speaker 14: Shafts, young front lawn.
Speaker 10: You think you spotted me?
Speaker 4: Boom, I'm gone like supernaturally.
Speaker 19: I just suff here.
Speaker 4: One second later, I'll read your hair.
Speaker 5: Back like a copper field.
Speaker 19: I was running real sharp Things's cut my own hamstring, saw the EMTs mid fright. I was set on murdering the Hong Kong in queen, but she keeps dodging.
Speaker 6: My knife, My knife, my knife, my knife, my name.
Speaker 16: Do you want to play a game?
Speaker 8: But my knee.
Speaker 16: Touch with my mask on, I can bare leave.
Speaker 6: See the mouthles really small, so I can't breathe.
Speaker 16: I think I'm.
Speaker 10: Having on asthma attack.
Speaker 6: I'm losing so bad.
Speaker 19: I tried to change and went to therapy, but my strength wound up a casualty.
Speaker 14: It's not I don't guess all my child for traumas cane back.
Speaker 16: She shouldn't have a can.
Speaker 19: Smell your flash baking with the Baba beans and a she.
Speaker 5: And jets a knife.
Speaker 14: Every single Hamoween, make a new crime scene.
Speaker 6: Bring those tea eight screams to live, to live, to live, to.
Speaker 3: Live, Yeah, to life or to death.
Speaker 8: Jeff By, like, you know, you never think of the sciatica that I'm sure the Texas chainsaw massacre guy is dealing with totally.
Speaker 7: I mean, maybe this Halloween someone should ask Jason how he's doing.
Speaker 5: I mean, it's true.
Speaker 1: Imagine holding a chainsaw wearing a mask in the middle of the night to be a murder.
Speaker 7: Every time people see you, they scream and run away and they can't feel good.
Speaker 8: You know, we're eventually we're this month, we're having Alexis watch Silence of the Lambs for the first time. Yeah. For the gen Z Versus Classic Movie podcast, you'll get some of the lines kind.
Speaker 6: Of a sweetheart.
Speaker 7: Text in seven eight five nine to tell us what you thought about the song of the week. We're going to post the video while with all the lyrics on the Brook and Jeffery YouTube, TikTok, Instagram all of it at Brook and Jeffery.
Speaker 3: And tag your favorite villain.
Speaker 6: Make sure they hear this. This song, horror man, that's your song of.
Speaker 13: The week, Brook and Jeffrey.
Speaker 7: In the morning, I got a texta seventy eighty five to nine two that says, I don't know why, but as you were singing the song about movie murderers, I just kept picturing Freddy Krueger, like one of us working for hn R block, doing my taxes and getting angry that my receipts are round.
Speaker 6: I said, I need your W two, not your W nine man.
Speaker 2: No wonder he turned to murder.
Speaker 6: Yeah, yeah, I can't blame it if you missed it.
Speaker 10: Though.
Speaker 7: Instead of singing that Katy Perry hit from twenty ten Teenage Dream It is that old, I did my own version called Teenage Screams.
Speaker 6: Because it's Halloween season.
Speaker 7: Yeah, and while you're watching those scary movies, people forget that our favorite horror characters have issues going on in their lives too, just like you and me. You always forget gotta remember, and we're getting a lot of feedback on the textboard.
Speaker 6: Brook is there anything that's not horribly mean?
Speaker 8: I don't know how I feel about some of because this one reads on the d L. I think penny Wise is kind of cute.
Speaker 2: I like his take charge attitude. It's signed Melissa, like she's not too ashamed to put her name too that.
Speaker 6: Type.
Speaker 13: That's true.
Speaker 7: If you missed it, though, if you want to hear it again or share it with a fan of Spooky Season, you can find the video up on our YouTube at Brook and Jeffrey. Also, we're putting it on Facebook, Insta, and TikTok everywhere.
Speaker 13: Brook and Jeffrey in the morning.
Speaker 6: We've got a return player to win Brooks bucks.
Speaker 7: Jesselyn, the server who says last time she suffered a miserable loss.
Speaker 6: On the show. Jesselyn, how miserable are we talking here?
Speaker 16: I got zero?
Speaker 2: Did people hear that, Jesselyn? In your life?
Speaker 8: Unfortunately?
Speaker 13: You know?
Speaker 2: But questions were hard. Yeah, who made fun of you the most?
Speaker 10: Husband?
Speaker 2: Your husband?
Speaker 6: You should have heard the trash Brook was talking about you after it was over. What's going to be different today? Jesselyn? Why is today different? Than last time.
Speaker 18: Hopefully there's not a bunch of like sports history questions, because.
Speaker 3: I think that's all we.
Speaker 6: Do here is sports on Sports History Day. We'll see how this goes.
Speaker 7: Brooke is leaving the studio, and while that happens, Jesselyn, let's go over the rules thirty seconds. Answer as many questions as possible. If you don't know when, you could say past. But you have to beat her outright to win. Are you ready?
Speaker 16: I'm ready.
Speaker 6: The goal is more than one or just one?
Speaker 5: I say just one?
Speaker 9: Just fun?
Speaker 6: Okay, steady improvement.
Speaker 18: Here we go.
Speaker 7: Your time starts now. Today is World Smile Day. How many teeth does the human mouth have? What former US president founded the University of Virginia in the United Kingdom? What month is Boxing Day celebrated in.
Speaker 18: March?
Speaker 6: What is traditionally hidden in a Marti Gros dessert called the King Cake?
Speaker 7: Speed in the NBA team who plays their home games at Madison Square Garden?
Speaker 18: Oh, sports questions, it's not.
Speaker 6: Historical sports, it's current sports.
Speaker 5: Going to give us a guest, Jesslyen.
Speaker 8: Three, I have no idea.
Speaker 6: Okay, I'm gonna pass on that last one.
Speaker 7: Sorry, Jessen's pretty let's break back into the studio. Let's talk about Jesslyn's family, because she is a mom of two. She has an eight and a five year old, and apparently they're both already looking forward to Halloween this year.
Speaker 6: What do they want to dress in?
Speaker 2: My kids too?
Speaker 18: My daughter, she's a five year old, she just wants to be you know, your typical fairy princess mermaid.
Speaker 2: Fairy princess mermaid. I like that she's combining them all.
Speaker 15: Why not my son, he's asking to dress up as Meghan and the little doll from the Scary movie with.
Speaker 2: Creepy.
Speaker 8: That is an awesome costume. You got to get some like video of him walking just down the street on a normal.
Speaker 18: Day, like trying to scare his sister. I love love it was all creepy, and I'm like, dude.
Speaker 13: What you.
Speaker 6: Typical eight year old child behavior?
Speaker 13: I love?
Speaker 6: It is your turn?
Speaker 18: You're ready?
Speaker 7: Yeah, time starts now. Today is World Smile Day. How many teeth does the human mouth have?
Speaker 2: Thirty forty?
Speaker 6: What former US president founded the University of Virginia.
Speaker 2: H Adams? I don't know.
Speaker 6: In the United Kingdom, what month is Boxing Day celebrated in h January? What is traditionally hidden in a Marty Gros dessert called the King Cake.
Speaker 2: God, it's not go beads.
Speaker 10: It's not that name.
Speaker 7: The NBA team who plays their home games Madison Square Garden the Celtics.
Speaker 2: It's not good.
Speaker 10: I don't know how I feel.
Speaker 7: About that performance, but we're gonna find out when we go to the scoreboard with Jose.
Speaker 2: The flavors are melting on my tongue, tells me.
Speaker 14: As a child, I don't I'm talking about food infectures.
Speaker 5: All right, Jesselyn, you got zero.
Speaker 13: Zero.
Speaker 5: It was rough, very hard questions.
Speaker 2: Madison Square Guns in New York the same.
Speaker 5: Amount of questions.
Speaker 7: Yeah again, another zero, double zero, and time goes to the house on these jo Boy, Dude.
Speaker 2: I was too disturbed picturing your child in that costume. It's very scary.
Speaker 7: Let's get the answers in which we desperately need. It's a world smile day. How many teeth does the human mouth have. I don't know about your mouth, Brook, but most people only have thirty two.
Speaker 15: I love.
Speaker 5: Teeth on teeth, there's nowhere in between.
Speaker 2: It feels like so many when you have kids that are losing them.
Speaker 7: The US president that found at the University of Virginia is Thomas Jefferson. In the UK, Boxing Day is celebrated in December. That's the day after Christmas.
Speaker 2: I was thinking it was New Year's I always.
Speaker 7: Hear inside of a Marty Gros dessert called the King Cake is usually a baby doll that it symbolizes luck and prosperity. And the NBA team who plays at Madison Square Garden is the New York Knicks Knickerbocker.
Speaker 2: What's a Boston one called.
Speaker 8: It is?
Speaker 6: It's gonna get on that.
Speaker 7: So, Jesslyn, we cannot give you any money here, but just for playing, you do win a fifty dollars gift card to melting Pot now through October twenty sixth, on Monday through Thursdays, Melting Pot celebrating Octoberfest with Bavarian.
Speaker 6: Beer cheese fond Due. For more info, check out meltingpot dot com.
Speaker 2: Wait, thank you, guys man. Thanks you have a good attitude. That was pretty embarrassing.
Speaker 5: We're gonna get you that one.
Speaker 13: You didn't crumble me?
Speaker 5: No, I didn't you look pretty good?
Speaker 2: No, We're we're in there together with the humiliation. It's fine.
Speaker 7: Jesselyn, thank you for playing. We're gonna be back to do Windbrooks back the same time
Speaker 13: On Monday, frooking Jeffrey in the morning,