Speaker 1: Than any other mainstream media outlet.
Speaker 2: Breakfast Club?
Speaker 1: Do you think we're coming here when this DJ Envy and Charlamagne the God being.
Speaker 3: There next to all of you guys.
Speaker 4: It's really It's one of my favorite shows to do, just because you'll always keeping one honey God keep it real.
Speaker 2: But what better place than than here? I think everybody should go on the Breakfast Club. He start out, you'll want to shake it up.
Speaker 5: Good morning Usa yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo.
Speaker 2: Yo Charlamagne the God piece to the plan in his.
Speaker 6: Friday Yes, since today we got a special guest host, Angela Raie Hey.
Speaker 2: Dropping the cloth bomb. Angela Rai, my good sister, Angela Rai is here. You know.
Speaker 7: The Mental Wealth Expo is tomorrow, my third annual Mental health Expo, and Angela Rai will be h one of the pandelis.
Speaker 2: At the Mental Well f xbot.
Speaker 8: Yes, indeed, so she.
Speaker 7: Decided to come kicking with us on the on a Friday morning. She don't want to be.
Speaker 8: Here right nearly, she said, Why?
Speaker 2: He says, she don'tt to be here? I want to be here right there.
Speaker 8: I always lived seeing you guys.
Speaker 2: Seeing seeing that don't mean you really want to be here.
Speaker 8: Well, I am always happy to be here. This fam she was good.
Speaker 6: She was here forty five minutes before you, Charlemagne, thirty minutes before me.
Speaker 2: Yep.
Speaker 6: And she was excited. She was ready to rock and roll. We already all the breakfast. She's ready to rock and go.
Speaker 7: Okay, all right, ready to rock and go? Yeah, rocket right and whiter every rock and roll can go. I said rock and roll would have been white. I said rock and go yeah. But when white people trying to sound cool, they just mix things up, things up. I'm ready to go in rock and roll together. I'm ready to rock and.
Speaker 9: Go prejudice on a Friday.
Speaker 2: She's gonna be holding down front page news as well. Yep. Now, we got some special guest joining us this morning. Stephen A. Smith will be here. Yes, he will be here.
Speaker 6: I've got a lot to discuss, of course, it's a lot going on with sports and more. So we'll talk to him.
Speaker 7: And he got a book, just got a reprint, which is very, very very big in the book world. And that's you know, that means that people are buying your book first. The first run sold out.
Speaker 2: That's right, yes, And also Kirk Franklin will be joining us this man.
Speaker 7: If you have not watched Kirk Franklin's documentary Father's Day, do yourself a favor and watch it. You know, we have all of these conversations about healing your inner child. There's not too many pieces of content out there right now that shows somebody really dealing with their inner child in real time the way Kirk Franklin's Father's Date documentary does.
Speaker 2: That's right. And over Yo, Eli, you know, so we have a here. His name is Ovo. Eli is what we call him Eli? Where you at?
Speaker 7: I want to I wish you like a walking head. First of all, Eli has been wearing Come on, Eli's been wearing OVERO merchandise all week long.
Speaker 2: Oh he has a T shirt.
Speaker 7: You didn't even know. Drake has sneakers. Drake has He told me yesterday and I'm not even lying. He told me Drake had underwear. Yes, then you tell me Drake had underwear.
Speaker 2: What's the brand? October is very and knocked out with two different brands. The fact he knows head off the top of his head.
Speaker 6: He got the Drake t shirt on this morning, for the dog's shirt, for the dog.
Speaker 2: Strets for the dog Drake sneakers.
Speaker 7: I can't even believe he's in here working with us this morning, because I feel like he'd being there trying to listen to the abum.
Speaker 2: Then now I'm drop a couple of minutes ago. Is it out? You know what I'm saying, idiot? Is it out? Into the microphone?
Speaker 10: Today?
Speaker 2: It's out out for all the dogs? Yes, sir, did you see it out?
Speaker 6: Yeah?
Speaker 2: I'm listening to it. Are y'all barking? Are y'all barking? Are we proof? Wait?
Speaker 6: Every day you identify as a dog, sometimes sometimes sometimes.
Speaker 2: When the hell did that happen? This is your golden retrieval. I'm a Gairman shepherd, sir, Yes I am, Yes, I am sir.
Speaker 7: When when did that happen? When he started identifying as a dog? And when did all of these people start taking.
Speaker 2: Sorority and fraternity stuff? You got pretty sexy red say ski yee. You got Drake saying her dog and barking it.
Speaker 7: Is ski we I'm sorry, my bad.
Speaker 8: Jesus, it's a rough morning.
Speaker 6: We got a drink song, we got not ready to rock and go.
Speaker 2: That's your problem. All right. Well, let's get the show crack and we're gonna start off with a Drake joint. This is the record off the new Drake album.
Speaker 6: Yeah, Obo made them put it in, So hold on, how much?
Speaker 2: How much more time do we need? Which song is?
Speaker 6: You need twenty seconds? They're gonna tell us in a second. We gotta make sure it's clean.
Speaker 2: First person Shooter feature and Cole. Is it clean? Yes, it's clean. It's clean. You cleaned it. All right.
Speaker 6: Well, here's the record right here, First Person Shooter, Oh, this one twenty one Savage? Okay, all right, well let's get into it. This is a joint off that we're gonna be playing joints all morning long, and it's the Breakfast Club Good morning, all right, And that's off the Drake album For all My Dogs. All morning long, we're gonna be playing Drake cuts. That one was featuring twenty one Savage.
Speaker 2: This song is four minutes long, A lot of time.
Speaker 7: You need a four minute song A long time, four minutes in a long time.
Speaker 2: Long time. We're gonna be playing joints all morning long. Was that Friday? On the background? Vocals sounded like it right.
Speaker 6: I don't know how this first time I heard it, like you all right, well, let's get in some front page news. We gotta congratulate Testling figure out right now. Yesterday she won a Minority Entrepreneur of the Year award by the US Department of Commerce. So congratulations to test She's traveling, but angelarai And here we got to start off with some sports. Now in some surprising news, the Chicago Bears beat the Commanders yesterday forty to twenty.
Speaker 11: Yeah.
Speaker 7: I told Dingo, one of our long time listeners, that they were gonna get washed. Ding I told him they were gonna get washing the Bears.
Speaker 2: Yeah, he was right.
Speaker 6: They definitely won. And we gotta say rest in piece of Dick Buckets. Wow, damn his name.
Speaker 8: You guys, why are you gonna do that after rest in peace?
Speaker 2: Damn? Wow?
Speaker 8: This is I can't him.
Speaker 2: I can't work with him.
Speaker 6: Like you said, no, he said, wow, his name is Dick.
Speaker 2: But yes, but man, god, he was not alive.
Speaker 6: He's a legendary Beers lined back. He died at the age of eighty. So maybe that's why the Bears won in memory of him, because you know, they were the.
Speaker 2: Worst team in football.
Speaker 7: Absolutely did it for eighty feels young nowadays it does, yes, but rest in peace, Dick.
Speaker 8: We're moving on you guys seriously.
Speaker 9: So since we're coming in hot, let's come in red hot with sexy red. Before we even get into this, can we please just play the audio?
Speaker 12: Hey is there? Do you think more people are gonna support Trump?
Speaker 8: Now? And then?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 13: They support him in the hood because at first I don't think people him like they thought he was racist, saying luis and you know, against women. But once he started getting blake people out of jail and giving people their.
Speaker 8: Free money a begy.
Speaker 2: We love Trump. We need him back in office.
Speaker 12: Yeah, a little bit of free money goes a long way.
Speaker 2: We need them back check.
Speaker 8: Oh yes, the stimulus checks Trump.
Speaker 2: We miss you.
Speaker 12: That's like woe VICKI. She's always talking about Trump.
Speaker 2: You see. However, I like Trump.
Speaker 8: No, I ain't never seen.
Speaker 12: What She's funny.
Speaker 2: I love Trump.
Speaker 13: He's funny to me, like I used to watch his interview, not interviews like him talking to people.
Speaker 8: He used to be calling people fat. He's just funny, Like.
Speaker 2: We need people like him. Okay, Angela Roight, what are the fact that this lord is funny.
Speaker 8: So Okay, here's what I want to start with.
Speaker 9: I want to shout out our dear brother Wes Bellamy, who said we have to start acknowledging our political privilege, So let me acknowledge mine. That is the world that I grew up in. That's what I know. So I want to start there with compassion. She doesn't know any better, but I've heard this come up lots of times with callers here, so I was like, let's finally address this. Free and the homies and free money. So did you really free the homies? Because what I know about is everyone that either has a platform, it's platform adjacent was had a sentence commuted or was pardoned under Trump. The truth of the matter is Donald Trump's record on pardons is the worst since nineteen forty five of any president. So he didn't really free the homies.
Speaker 2: Second, I think people talk about the first step back though, what about that?
Speaker 9: I think that's fair, but I still think we have to acknowledge that the pardons, which she referenced Hodak Black, she referenced Lil Wayne, we got to talk about the pardon record is abysmal.
Speaker 8: Secondly, PPP, you.
Speaker 9: Know what it's to get PPP money, even though he asked for his signature to be on those checks till he could get the credit votes from congs an Act of Congress, the House and the Senate had to vote to approve PPP. And here's what I want you to say with me, since you all are in a great reciting mood.
Speaker 8: This morning, PPP. PPP ain't free.
Speaker 9: You know why because PPP was alone. It was provided relief during COVID. And here is the most important thing. Everybody that took that COVID money and thought that it was free money and went to buy Lamborghinis or maybe even they went to buy groceries, but they did it under false pretenses and it was fraudulent.
Speaker 8: Guess what.
Speaker 9: There is a Small Business Administration Office of Inspector General, and they caught cases, they were convicted, they were arrested, and some of.
Speaker 8: Them are serving times years. That's what I'm saying.
Speaker 9: So it's not free money, and so I want her to be very careful with that, with her point of privilege, which is a platform that is expansive. So the other thing I want to get to shout out to BT is there is a new president of Boston University it is a black woman, first woman, first black person, and so shout out to President Gilliam, who is in this role is very important. Seventy seven point two percent of college presidents are white, so we still wake up a very small thirteen point six percent. I also want us to look at CEOs of Fortune five hundred companies. There are only six black CEOs right now of the Fortune five hundred. So when you look at the assault on affirmative action, you see everything else that's going on. It's important for us to celebrate wins but also challenge people on equity. So while affirmative action is under attack, we still got a long way to go.
Speaker 7: We'll dropping a clues botherby President gil I do want to say you one thing about the Trump situation. Yeah, everything, everything you said is absolutely correct. But the problem here is DEM's messaging, right, Like, who's fault?
Speaker 2: Is it?
Speaker 7: That Trump is just better at marketing because he put his name on them changed?
Speaker 8: I mean, and that it was a smart move.
Speaker 9: But I think that what we have to acknowledge is, yes, you guys cannot afford to give up on the base. You need to be communicating and combating misinformation. This is low hanging fruit. Talk to people about the Cares Act. Celebrate that. A lot of the CBC members did that, but not everybody did, and they've stopped.
Speaker 8: We still need to be talking about it and.
Speaker 2: Taking pictures with them rappers.
Speaker 7: When you partner little Wayne and Wayne came to see them and they took that picture and it went crazy viral. Right, you took on that Kodak Korea actually right, Well, you know, Kodak got a change with Donald Trump's head on it.
Speaker 2: I'm just saying a lot.
Speaker 7: His marketing is just much better and the messaging is just much better than the Democrats.
Speaker 2: That's it.
Speaker 9: Well, if we focus on the marketing and not political impact, we're going to be in for a real challenge. And that's why I think the point that Wes raised about political privilege is really important. Let's tell people what the real impacts are or not just the marketing.
Speaker 6: Well, lot is front page news. Now, get it off your chest. Eight hundred five eight five one oh five one. If you need to vent, phone lines wide open again eight hundred five eight five one oh five one, call.
Speaker 2: Us up right now. It's the Breakfast Clubgo morning, the Breakfast Club. Is it your time to get it off your chest.
Speaker 7: Way up, whether you're man or bless, time to get up and get something.
Speaker 1: Call up now eight hundred and five eighty five five one. We want to hear from you on the breakfast club.
Speaker 2: Hello, who's this?
Speaker 14: It's your boy Dingo y'all?
Speaker 7: Okay, right, okay, talk right baby is the grid.
Speaker 14: It's the grid all your bigs and new thing baby.
Speaker 11: Forty to twenty.
Speaker 6: We watched that he had buckets recipe to Dick Buchet.
Speaker 14: Hey recu peace to the legendary dig buckets man first and foremost. But hey there showed out and showed up last night. You feel me. We had a taste of it last week, but now we really really put it in play. So shout out to that man justin Fields tie the DJ Moore. Come on, now you up there. We're doing that thing, doing that thing.
Speaker 2: I told y'all anytime somebody I'm happy.
Speaker 14: Hey, look, well, all I want to say is I called it and they heard me, and I'm on that. So hey, bears, y'all, listen to me.
Speaker 2: Get your boy Dingo sweet at the.
Speaker 14: Next home game. They ain't gonna do all that now, Hey, y'all, Hey, shout out to Angela, rye you so you so hard a girl?
Speaker 2: Knock it off? Say't one the holly? This says she was fine. What's wrong with you?
Speaker 10: Brother?
Speaker 8: Envy?
Speaker 11: What's up? What's up? Charla Mayne? What's up? Angela?
Speaker 2: What's up? Brother?
Speaker 11: It's Marty. What's going on?
Speaker 2: What's up? Marty?
Speaker 11: Yo? I'm really mad at y'all, man, for real, for real, y'all. Wow, Angela? All right, Andrew's talking out giving a shout out to the lady who's the first black something. It's like I constantly keep shut reaching out to you guys to help me become the first black uniform manfacturer from the United States Postal Service. And it's like I just keep getting crapped on with y'all man, and and I love you guys. I listen to y'all every day. ILL support your platform and the whole night. Charlamagne, you know when you were throwing to South Carolina but Thanksgiving it Christmas, I used to go with the shirt to take down there the South Carolina poorn and red. But yet it's like I keep reaching out to y'all, and then last time when I spoke to y'all, y'all was like prop to the Padusta and then y'all hung up the phone right at the end of the car.
Speaker 1: Thank you.
Speaker 8: On you.
Speaker 11: But that's every.
Speaker 2: Time you call it to talk about what you can I.
Speaker 8: Give him a recommendation.
Speaker 11: But I need to help.
Speaker 8: Mary, Marty. Can I tell you something? The first thing that.
Speaker 9: Marty, Marty, you know, the best way to get help is to listen. Let me just tell you one thing that's so important. Do you know what's happening with the Postal service right now? There's a massive decline. Like when you remember when you used to see like the mailboxes on the corner, you used to see a lot of them.
Speaker 8: You're not seeing those as many.
Speaker 9: So maybe since UPS just got a really big raise, they're making six figures, maybe you should look at making you know, forums for other businesses that will stick around. It's a quasi governmental agency USPS. But you also want to look at will TSA is not going anywhere. Maybe you can get a federal contract with them, right no secret services, Flint c.
Speaker 11: What here's the thing. I've done your uniforms for UPS. I had Jeff Bezos recommend me to one of his top people to do Amazon uniforms minorities get crapped on. Say that's the same thing. I could have had a sex contract and what happened. The white man said, Nope, we don't want to deal with the black people.
Speaker 2: So Marty, what do you want? Mary, what do you want from us?
Speaker 1: Marty?
Speaker 7: You can make You can make clothes for senior citizens. Since there's so many old people.
Speaker 8: For real, I actually gave you good business advice. I hope you listen to it.
Speaker 7: So many old people in government you can make, like clothes that got built in Davors.
Speaker 6: Marty, shut up, give me your information, just as an executive is listening and need some some clothes. Give me give me your email or something, your uniforms six four sticks?
Speaker 8: I mean, Marty, you don't listen.
Speaker 11: Martyr Marty grace one.
Speaker 2: Well, you stop shaming Marty.
Speaker 8: Website. Do you have a website? Marty?
Speaker 11: No, I don't have a web.
Speaker 8: Okay, Marty, we got some.
Speaker 2: We got some.
Speaker 8: We got some like really low level.
Speaker 7: Roads to cross my money, comebody, doctor email shaman Marty.
Speaker 2: Okay, Well, Brody, get Marty in FORO. You just tell you what it's info. Hit him out on a l No, I'm telling you.
Speaker 6: Probably he probably still got a caught on his fall. Eight hundred five eight five one O five one. If you need to vent, hit us up now. Salute to Marty's the Breakfast sebod morning.
Speaker 1: The Breakfast Club. This is your time to get it off your chest. She's calling eight hundred five eight five one O five one. We want to hear from you on the Breakfast Club.
Speaker 2: Hello.
Speaker 15: Who's this?
Speaker 11: There's Limbs dad.
Speaker 15: How y'all doing?
Speaker 2: Good morning? Good morning, Limb's dad.
Speaker 15: Yeah, Hey, listen on the PPT loan my son. Oh I just allowed to use that man, But listen on the PGP loan.
Speaker 9: Man.
Speaker 15: I know a lot of people that a lot of partners of mine, they got the loan and they flipped that money.
Speaker 11: They did good by that money.
Speaker 15: You can't reference everything with the negative people that did, you know, all the negative stuff and went to prison and all like that because they said you had to pay that loan back twenty five what they gave you twenty five years to pay it back two dollars a week or something like that. So it's a lot of people that they're good with that money.
Speaker 9: This right or the right now you can say, Angela, but Liam's dad let me just tell you one thing. You're talking about two different programs. There's PPP and then there's the EI d L loan. Right, and so there are people who did right. I'm not talking about them. I'm talking about the notion that it was free money. It's alone, so it's not free money so much.
Speaker 11: It's a loan.
Speaker 15: But you didn't have to pay that back. Ratter what you had to pay that it withose twenty five years. It was like two dollars a week or something like that. And then on another thing, you're partner Massad, here'll tucker too. Here's something you you are. You put your feet on the ground. But that dude, the sucker you take advantage of.
Speaker 2: I wouldn't even don't do nothing.
Speaker 7: That is not true talking about my son.
Speaker 2: My son feet are always on the ground. My son is currently we use an opportunity man.
Speaker 11: He used situations and us opportunity.
Speaker 15: You know, got rich. He put his name behind that Black lives matter, and the ain't do nothing trying to separate.
Speaker 7: Black lives matter. My son is a part of untel freedom. And I hate when people call it being in disrespect of.
Speaker 8: My son and of itself that they have to stop doing that too.
Speaker 9: But also if you have to pay it back, if it's a pity a week, it's still alone.
Speaker 8: It's not free money.
Speaker 6: Yeah, But it's two different things, right, Because there was a loan, there was an SBA loan that a lot of people got. This small just a loan that people were able to take a loan and they have to pay that.
Speaker 7: And if you got the p PP and you actually put the PPP towards your actual business and you had employees to play, I kept your job up keep.
Speaker 2: You don't have to pay.
Speaker 8: But that was forgiveness.
Speaker 2: That was forgiveness to different things, right. But they're both not free money, correct.
Speaker 8: They're both loans.
Speaker 2: It's two different I mean, none of us free to its taxed dollars, right.
Speaker 8: Right, that's true too. You better raise that.
Speaker 2: That's I just don't. I just don't like when people do that.
Speaker 7: My son is literally in Kentucky right now, boots on the ground, trying to cam.
Speaker 9: Like I thought, he said my son, because Liam he started Dad, I was so confused.
Speaker 8: I was like, I was like, I must not.
Speaker 2: Hurt my son.
Speaker 16: Why.
Speaker 9: I was confused because he was calming them at the beginning. Liam's dad, Hello.
Speaker 2: I'm sorry. What's your name, mama?
Speaker 10: My name is c C B.
Speaker 2: Okay c c B.
Speaker 10: Yeah, I like to get off my chest to sing the waffle house, Verizon and my dad all let me down and like because they forgot my bacon.
Speaker 11: And that's there, I mean a.
Speaker 2: Very mean it is what it. I would be mad if they forgot my baking town. And what's the third? What's the second?
Speaker 8: Yandy?
Speaker 10: Last week or whatever week? That whole thing was she who may not be named, when she said that monkey comment. I didn't like that because Yandy said she offended everybody of African descent, and we know anything Dominicans are African descent, so I just wanted to say, Yandy, you and we need for that. I didn't like that, and it's missing all my conscience and I'll talk to y'all later.
Speaker 2: All right, I'm sorry about your bacon. That was a good little history lesson.
Speaker 7: But she said Dominicans, I'm not Dominican watching them out.
Speaker 2: That's and you can never used that up. I'm not Dominicans.
Speaker 9: Slaves went a different location, that's right, And not everybody from the DR is an African descent, but alarm swats of demark for sure.
Speaker 6: All right, well get it off your chest. Eight hundred five eighty five oh five to one. If you need to vent, you could talk to us, Young Miami. She tells, why did he gives her so much praise?
Speaker 2: That's right, Angela Riai. You can't put a political spin on this one.
Speaker 8: But here, I don't know this.
Speaker 2: I'm here, but we'll talk about it when we come back.
Speaker 6: As the breakfast club in the morning, the breakfast club, Good morning, everybody. It's DJ n V Charlamagne to guide me all the breakfast club. Angela Ria is here and let's get in some Let's get to the rumors.
Speaker 2: Call out a name or you gossip chatting? Is the rumor report?
Speaker 8: I mean, I guess we're on the breakfast club. This is where the tea spells.
Speaker 2: Yes, let's let's bring Angela ride to the bottom with us. Here we go. Let's got a good mess this morning. Let's start with Young Miami. Now, Young Miami is given.
Speaker 6: Reason for why did he praises her so often? Now recently did he says, She reminds me of Oprah with endless possibilities that she has as far as the clothing line, television shows, performances, live podcast. I really respect both of the hustles and see them being able to break through. And he was referring that Young Miami reminds him of Oprah. Well, she responded, well, the reason he does all of this is because I f on him so good that niggas stay give me my flowers.
Speaker 9: Thoughts I did that escalated quickly, even on a Friday.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so that's why Young Miami says did he points?
Speaker 7: So why can't he just say Miami has potential to be, like, you know, a great mogul one day, Because as soon as you say something like Oprah, people automatically dismiss it absolutely because that's.
Speaker 2: So you feel like when you can't get to that Oprah level, most people can't.
Speaker 7: And by the way, the reality is, you don't know if Young Miami can get the Oprah level because we don't know what the future holds for folks. I think for people look at folks now and they're like, oh, I can't see that, But that don't mean that it can't happen. That does mean that you can't see it right now. But who knows what Young Miami gonna be in ten years.
Speaker 9: Fifteen years, you know, the only thing I would say to this is I remember seeing the first like clip from the Karesha please right, yes, and I'm like, she is actually a really really good interviewer. She has a way of disarming people to get them to tell them all their business, like y'all, Like she has a way, and so I really think that that's impressive. And because she's so skilled as a hip hop artist as well, you might be honest, he knows her better.
Speaker 10: Than we do.
Speaker 6: You never know, yeah, And I think with Krisha, I think she's one of them, Like she's an artist like them, so she knows what, you know, what makes feel comfortable, and she's able to talk from a side of I'm just like you.
Speaker 7: Yeah, just don't compare it to nobody, because it's like you know, people sometimes sometimes people haven't X, they'll started looking for an expectation, they'll start looking for Oprah in her, and she's not that she's.
Speaker 8: Korea a next generation. Maybe she is never know, Yeah.
Speaker 7: You never know what people what people's art will turn into. The story was supposed to guess host with us. She said guests with us, So we say that hopefully she'll still come to now Boosie.
Speaker 6: He was at the Beet Awards and he was speaking on the importance of the older generation embracing the younger generation. A lot of times, you know, the old artists don't want to ff with the younger artists, and all the younger artists don't want to f with the older artists.
Speaker 2: And this is what Boosy said.
Speaker 13: When it comes to independent, being independent and new artists coming in the game, and like you're doing, you handing down the knowledge. How important is that for the big old g's helping out the hyg's.
Speaker 17: It is important because they a lot of youngers looked up to the old one, and we gotta motivate them and give them games. I'm always motivating the youngsters. That's why all the youngsters love me. Because I'm motivating them. I won't see them win. I want everybody to win. That's why I always win. I don't have hating my heart. When you have hating your heart, you're gonna end up following. So I always won't see everybody win. And that's what I tell a youngster. I always give them game. Any one of them gonna tell you always. I don't be quiet around. I give them game.
Speaker 7: I totally agree. Drop on the cluse bomds for Boosie. That's all I'm here for, you know, to be of service to the next generation. I love being an adult I needed as a child. If I can make someone's path easier, I'm gonna do it.
Speaker 6: And some of the main artists that I see do it a lot is of course, jay Z does it with a lot of the younger artists. Fifty Cent does it with a lot of the younger artists, and I see them too do it a lot. Snoop does it with a lot of the younger artists as well. Where they give him that game and they're not charging for it. It's like they want to help Angelaurai. You do that for politics, I like to try.
Speaker 8: I do my very best.
Speaker 9: I would just say the part about not having any hate in his heart.
Speaker 8: I might take issue with, Oh yeah, poises it up. I mean he's done some things that have been hurtful to some other communities.
Speaker 7: Oh but that don't mean that. I get what you're saying. But that don't mean with malicious intent. I think sometimes we might do things and same things and they might hurt people or hurt the community.
Speaker 2: But that's not our intention.
Speaker 8: That's fair.
Speaker 9: So I just just like we were talking about Sexy Read earlier. I just want him to be open to learning, to not being hurtful. But it is good that he's inspiring and being open to teaching young artists.
Speaker 6: Birdman does it, I know Fat Joe does it. I'm trying to think of some of the other artists that do it all right now.
Speaker 2: Also for all the Dogs.
Speaker 6: Drake's album is out right now. It's finally out. It was released this morning at six a m. As our producer Eli doing outfit changes. His instagram is Obo Eli.
Speaker 7: He has literally been wearing Oo merchandise all week long because of him. I now know that Obo even had underwear. But is he doing outfre change this morning? I believe so okay.
Speaker 6: I told him to listen to the album and give us a breakdown of what Drake is talking about now. So far on the album, we can see twenty one, Savage j Cole YEATSI is a Party next Door, Chief, Keith, Bad Bunny, Sexy Red, Little YACHTI, and more. So we look forward to listening to that album. He has a song on his album called Virginia Beach. I want to hear, and let's get into speculation that that might be.
Speaker 7: A disrection to push. Yeah, that's doubt people. I think we'd have heard that by that, that'd have been all over there in and thatt. But now if it was just came out, it's been an hour, Peo more people have raided it a classic. I'm sure all they need is thirty fifty minutes. He's got to get through it one time. Well, let's get into this joint right now. This is called first person shoot it.
Speaker 6: This is Drake featuring j Cole And when we come back, we got front page news, Angela Rites holding that down.
Speaker 7: It's the Breakfast Club. Good morning, the Breakfast Club. Your mornings will never be the same.
Speaker 2: Tough, tough, tough, very tough. He said, I'm one away from Michael. You better beat it. Yeah, that was Cole Draco Drake's album.
Speaker 6: He said, like we started the league talking about K Dot, Aubrey and Cole.
Speaker 7: I love he said what he said love when they argue the big three, K Dot, Aubrey and me, that's like that's like an updated bar. When Jay said, people argue all day about who's the best. M see Biggie jay Z and ours. Yep, nothing to say about that tune. Tough tune jinks, tough tune double jinks.
Speaker 2: What I mean?
Speaker 6: I watch my kids movies. All right, Well let's get to some front page. You know parents out there now.
Speaker 2: All right?
Speaker 6: Well, last night in sports, the Chicago Bears beat the Commanders forty twenty. So congratulations to the Chicago Bears and all school. We gotta send a resting piece to Dick Buckets. He's a Hall of fame in legendary Bears linebacker.
Speaker 2: Rest in peace, Dick Buckets Man, Angela.
Speaker 8: RAI are you already yes, ma'am? Okay, great? So speaking a butt kiss, whoa? I want to whoa?
Speaker 2: Wow, you're gonna tell you know it's not gonna.
Speaker 8: Tell power, sir.
Speaker 9: But also speaking of bud kiss toilet, I would like to talk to you all Jesus about your toilet habits. Yes, tell the truth naked naked and not the shame truth before God? Do you or do you not use your phone while you're on the toilet.
Speaker 2: All the time.
Speaker 7: That's usually when I'm on it the most. Like I take in BS while I'm letting out bs. So I like being on social media while I'm on the toilet. When I used to be on Twitter, I used to call it twitter on.
Speaker 8: The okay, okay, MV.
Speaker 6: I used to thought about this, but I don't anymore. So I have a new toilet that is heated.
Speaker 2: Tell the truth. I want the heat.
Speaker 6: Talk about. Tell us what else it got. It has a be day. It got that it has a been day. So after you finish pooping it, it cleans out the area.
Speaker 7: But there is when you can press the button and then the water squirts in your butt, and then you can press the other button, and the egg.
Speaker 8: Drives have handled knocks.
Speaker 7: Yes, yeah, no, no mine, you got a rock like this with your water going digital?
Speaker 2: Yes, you can get the front and then button.
Speaker 9: Get to today article because look at this food sliding around on the invisible butday right now.
Speaker 6: And then if you if you're a woman that has the front part where you could shoot the front or the back.
Speaker 7: I'm be wanting to press the front just to see what it feels like. I ain't did it yet. I don't have one at the house, but when I stay in hotels and they got it, I'll be like, I just want to press the front.
Speaker 6: See feel they got a massages or massages and you know the water cause you know spiral and can spiral the water and then the chest.
Speaker 2: So when I'm on my beday.
Speaker 9: No, So back to the actual article, which is about using your devices on the toilet.
Speaker 8: Here's the thing that got me, Leonard. You know this.
Speaker 9: I am a germophobe. It gives me anxiety. It says the average smartphone is dirtier than a public toilet, and they discouraged the use of devices on the toilet because this gastro andrologist is saying that made you have to get up.
Speaker 2: Imah, give me a wipe too, but you know that.
Speaker 9: But this gasroomtology says he also discourages it because you know, social media for example, thank you my friend. Social media for example can be distracting, so you're sitting there a long time, which can cause hemorrhoids. So for two reasons, it's dirty a f and also you don't want to have hemorrhoids.
Speaker 7: And when you take your phone in the bathroom, the e coli and fecal matter that's floating around in the bathroom, and think about how you should have.
Speaker 8: To wipe your phone. You're the main one. You said you'd be booboo and you can.
Speaker 2: Let's get can.
Speaker 8: We do a white testy see, let's see how clean.
Speaker 7: You're wife like you you're on the toilet, you wiping your butt, you can, and then you're still touching your phone before you even wash it.
Speaker 9: Okay, okay, Now let's do the white test. Don't try to hide your wipe and you don't get a new wipe.
Speaker 2: I'm trying it. I actually washed my hands before.
Speaker 8: I okay, okay, white test, let's do it. We're going to see. We're gonna see what put that wipe on their paut.
Speaker 2: It is on the phone, white.
Speaker 9: Queen, a little sketch. I kind of have a little makeup right here. That's not poof lenard.
Speaker 8: You did not wipe your.
Speaker 2: Phone holding it. Someone does makeup. That's due to you.
Speaker 10: You got.
Speaker 8: Up what you said because my holding the phone to my face.
Speaker 9: You nut anyway, it's nasty.
Speaker 8: It's nasty.
Speaker 9: So in other news, and speaking of BS, there's no BS on the latest.
Speaker 8: And do we have enough time to do this?
Speaker 11: Yeah?
Speaker 8: Okay.
Speaker 9: Student loan repayment, Joe Biden is and the Biden administration is providing another nine billion dollars in student loan debt relief. As you all know, the Supreme Court said that he overreached his executive authority in the summer. And so this is the latest in trying to conform what already exists in the Department of Education regulations to ensure that people who qualify and need this relief can actually get it. This, of course, comes just a few days after student loan repayments have restarted after a three year plus pause.
Speaker 7: When they say providing, what does that mean Because a lot of times they'd be announcing that they about to forgive student loans, but don't nobody actually get their loans forgiven.
Speaker 2: They end up getting blocked and all kind of stuff. So are they actually.
Speaker 9: Yeah, So there are three categories that they're working on. Some of it has to do with folks who already work in public service, so teachers, firefighters and the like. They're going to get some more loan forgiveness and some relief an additional fifty three thousand borrows that's the Public Service Loan Forgiveness program. Another fifty one thousand borrowers who have been in repayment for at least twenty years are getting some additional relief. So there are three categories, all through Department of Education rules. Who they folks have been experiencing bureaucracy red tape for far too long. So this is a little bit of relief while we have a Supreme Court that continues to stand in the way.
Speaker 2: They're getting checks. People getting checks.
Speaker 9: Yes, they're getting No, they're getting relief. They're going to get their student loans forgiven. But you know who is getting checks and should offer relief, Clarence Thomas.
Speaker 8: But we'll talk about that. It's another point, all right, Yeah.
Speaker 6: That is front page news. Now when we come back, Kirk Franklin will be joining us.
Speaker 2: We're gonna kick it with Kirk Franklin. Let me tell you something about Kirk Franklin.
Speaker 8: See you're white.
Speaker 2: I threw it away now is that you go?
Speaker 7: K Kirk Franklin, I have not seen that Father's Day documentary that's currently on YouTube. Do yourself a favor and watch it, because you are watching somebody here there and a child in real time.
Speaker 2: That's right. We're gonna kick it with him when we come back and shout to n O.
Speaker 15: R E.
Speaker 2: Nory just hit me and say you got the total. Yes, Norri, I got the total. You know when you.
Speaker 6: Walk in, it opens up all automatically for you and it's amazing. No, no, no, okay, they could have sent me a free toilet, but now that's all. It's expensive position, but you know, I love it. It's my my favorite place in the crib.
Speaker 8: Your wife is definitely dirty their mind, that's not true.
Speaker 7: Don't pass me your makeup covered. We do do covered white. You switch white. That's exactly what you just did.
Speaker 6: All right, Well, it's the Breakfast Club God Morning, Kirk Franklin, Will we come back the Breakfast Club.
Speaker 2: Morning.
Speaker 6: Everybody is dj n V Charlamagne the God. We are the Breakfast Club. We got a special guest in the buildings, indeed, the Brother.
Speaker 2: Kirk Franklin. Welcome brother, welcome back, Good morning. How are you feeling, my brother, man?
Speaker 4: A lot of feelings, A lot of feelings, and you know, I thank y'all for letting me come. I mean, this is my first week of having conversations you know, about all of this, and so you know, just trying to learn how to be able to articulate it in ways that I've never had to have this level of communication about. You know, I'm very open and transparent guy, you know, but some of this recent stuff has kind of, you know, hit me for a little because it's so fresh, it's so new, it's it's only like, you know, twelve weeks old. Yeah, So I'm trying to learn how to do it in this way. So yeah, but I'm willing to try.
Speaker 6: For people that don't know he's a documentary father. That the tap that you I met your father for the first time in fifty three years.
Speaker 4: Yeah, Well, and just the nuances of it, the fact that I hated a man for fifty three years that I thought was my father and he died knowing that I hated him.
Speaker 2: That was powerful in the doctus. You said you went to go make peace with him.
Speaker 7: I was wondering, like, how did you feel knowing you made peace with a person that.
Speaker 2: You know, you really really having a problem with.
Speaker 4: Well, I still would have had the brokenness in it because he wasn't in my life, and I hated him because he wasn't in my life and showed up when my career started to take off, and that broke me, you know, being adopted and not having a mother and father in my life, but still knowing, well, I met him when I was six, saw him again when I was thirteen, and then he started showing up when my career took off. And so for somebody that I already had a lot of trauma being adopted and having a lot of abandonment, his shoes and acceptance is shoes, you know it. It was a very painful process to live that way, knowing that you wouldn't want it, and just all the mistakes that a young black man can make, not having the type of mentorship because I didn't have uncles that stepped in. I didn't have those type of things. And even in the church, you know, the church majority, it's always made up of women, you know, unfortunately, and so you try to navigate and you make a lot of mistakes, and then religion and dogma can also become a little duplicitous and can make the journey even more problematic. Is because you're living in fear, you know, because a lot of times in religion, God's going to get you, and God's going to get you, and God's going to get you more than it's God loves you. And even one of my mentors, now that I'm older, told me about twenty years ago, it's hard to know God's love is a father and you've never had one.
Speaker 2: Damn fire? Right? What made you want to meet him? This guy?
Speaker 4: Well, you know just how it happened. You know, I was in the military. I wasn't even looking for him.
Speaker 2: They said, this guy. Is that how you refer to him as this guy?
Speaker 4: Well, and I know that language is necessary and it's very important in language speaks really the the tennis of a heart, right, But you know, for me, this term father is something that I'm still just grapping with. And it's not his fault. I mean, he's been a man who's lived his life. He's a sixty nine year old man that has lived his life not thinking about that he has a son. There was ten minutes away from him, the entire life ten minutes away. And so right now I call him mister Rick. So I call him mister Rick. Right now is I'm trying to navigate because you know, he has a daughter, and you know, and she's an incredible young lady. She's trying to navigate because she's been the apple of his eye all of her life, and you know, you know, and it's like all of a sudden, now they've got me, and and he's been very loving, very welcoming. But at the same time, my biological mother, who I haven't ever really had a strong relationship with, is still denying that he's my father after two dinner test.
Speaker 7: Why is that? I mean, I understand that in the documentary, like the DNA test was ninety nine point nine nine nine nine positive. That was I'm not gonna lie you. You you're a funny person. You don't be meaning to be funny. They when they gave you to w was like nine percent.
Speaker 4: What yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah. It's because I haven't been in that position before in my life.
Speaker 14: You know.
Speaker 4: It's like I don't get a lot of calls, and I got kids by different people, so you know, so I don't know. Yeah, and and and then you know, you have a lot of anxiety because you don't really understand. But uh, once she accepted, I don't know. And I would have loved her to give me that, but it's obvious that she can't. And so I have the responsibility of still honoring black women and talking and in a way that still gives a like that I never want to attack her publicly. And and I don't know her as my mother, you know, the woman that adopted me was the woman that I knew as my mother. I would see my biological mother maybe once or twice a year in my life, which makes even the trauma even more painful, because in marginalized communities, when it comes to legal adoption, sometimes they don't always work the same. A lot of times, people outside of our race and hue, they are adopted in systems where they don't really know their biological parents, and so they may know that they were given up, but at least they find people that want them and love them, so at least it's a wound that heals. But when you have people that come in and out of your life every now and then, and sometimes in our communities, you know, you can be related to somebody that literally down the street and you don't even know it. And I think that that's what has made the story even a little bit more painful and even more broadest, that the amount of people that have come out that look like us, that have this story that in itself is daunted to know that the Black American experience has caused this fractured understanding of what family is because we were so displaced and separated and so many nuances to why we don't know who we are?
Speaker 6: And let me ask you. You did say that what's his name, mister Rich? I don't want to call its Rick, mister Rick? So you said, mister Rick has a daughter and that's the apple of his eye. Yeah, how did that make you feel? When you look at mister Rick and you see how much he loves his daughter and raised his door and put the time and energy into his daughter. And then you might look and reflect back on yourself and say, damn, why wasn't I the same way? Why wasn't I the apple of his eye? How did you overcome that?
Speaker 4: Because I've never been the apple of anyone's eye. It was just my normal, even the woman that adopted me because of her it's you know. Is one thing that I do share with my brother Charlemagne is that I am a huge advocate of therapy and counseling. I've been at counseling since I was eighteen years old. Even the therapist I have right now, I'm as long as patient that he's ever seen, you know. And we kind of make jokes about it because he says that every new experience in my life, it triggers a new trauma and so I believe in Jesus, I believe in prayer, and I believe in therapy, and so I've needed all of that just to try to get by. So her being the apple of his eye didn't affeg men anyway, because that's all I've ever known, not being that, that's been my normal.
Speaker 8: Alr.
Speaker 6: We got more with Kirk Franklin. When we come back. It's the Breakfast Club.
Speaker 2: Good morning morning everybody.
Speaker 6: It's DJ n V Charlamage and the guy we are to Breakfast Club was still kicking it with Kirk Franklin.
Speaker 2: Charlamage, you said something the doctor hit me so hard.
Speaker 13: Man.
Speaker 7: You said, you don't even know who you truly are. I'm paraphras and you don't even know who you truly are because you only know the broken version of yourself.
Speaker 2: Yes, sir, God, Yes sir.
Speaker 4: And I don't want to, you know, even post myself as as as a victim. I really tried to want to maneuver. And what was very interesting because I was working on this album, and this album was just going to be an album.
Speaker 2: I was working on Bros.
Speaker 4: And and for the first time I had a little budget where I could hire a videographer this is my guy out here to your right and left and Chris, and Chris was just with me, just capturing the I working on my album. And in the middle of this album, one a young lady that sings with me. At her father's church, there was a funeral. And at that funeral, it was a funeral for a woman that is my biological aunt. I didn't go because I knew my mother would be there. I had and seen my mother in over twenty three years, because there was something that she did to me and my biological well and my half sister that I thought was very painful. My half sister just got out of prison and nobody was at a helper but me. I was thirty one years old, thirty two years old, and I'd have, you know, the knowledge to know I'd handle somebody getting out of prison and what to do book, because she still was dealing with drugs and different things. And so something painful happened over twenty three years ago that made me go, I'm not gonna deal with you again, and so I didn't go to the funeral. But at the funeral there was a man there. There was friends of the family of the church that the funeral said name was Rick. He saw Debora at the funeral and said, oh, I didn't know that Deborah and this she young lady past were related.
Speaker 2: I used to mess around.
Speaker 4: With Debor and that was the beginning. And so my man was with me. I'm in a studio working on music, and so I was able to hide behind the camera. Gave me courage when mister Rick heard the rumors, it gave me the courage to after I got the test results, to go see him, go see her, go see other people, so I wouldn't have to do it by myself.
Speaker 7: I wonder, is Kirk Franklin, there is there a version in your mind and yourself that you can see as whole and healed because you say, what just you know, your therapist said to you how every new trauma, every new experience, experience called the trauma. And it feels like that even now, like you know, you know who your biological father is. But does that make you feel more whole? Does it make you just feel even more broken?
Speaker 4: Beautiful question? Beautiful question. And it's funny because you guys know how it is. Man, You know it because you've written books. You are creative. You are creative. You know how art imitates life, and so when you're in the middle of hell, in the middle of something, it's going to come out and whatever it is that you you know, you know you're writing or you're doing music. And so even in the new record, man, it's just I am trying to figure that out. I'm trying to figure it out lyrically. Is because I almost found myself afraid of knowing what even well looks like it is because brokenness becomes almost like a blanket and that's warped.
Speaker 2: That's not healthy.
Speaker 4: And so that's why I know I've got to continue to keep doing the work, is because I know that it affects everything and everybody around me. You know, it affects your understanding above and so your white feels it, your children feel it. You know, all the people aren't feeling And at the same time, bros, you see how God uses it in this mysterious way. Because there are so many broken people, you're able to communicate to them from a space that you can say to them, me too. And I think that sometimes even in the kind of music that I do, make you feel like, Okay, well, God's ways gonna be so happy and so up it's like, you know, it ain't really speaking to my ish right. But the music that I've been able to do because I heal, as I reveal, I really try to communicate my fragility in the music so that people can be able to see, Okay, he don't have it all together because I don't. And there's a lot about life, a lot about God, a lot about struggles that I don't understand, and I'm still trying to figure it out, and so I'm trying to do my best to just walk it out.
Speaker 2: And aren't you just trauma bonding what you're listening to? Then, Wow, that's a strong question.
Speaker 4: I pray that I give them balance as I pray that in the lyrical content in the music, that as I go through the journey, even like song, I can imagine me, you know, imagine me loving what I see. And then at the end of the song, even though I talk about the beginning of that, I talk about how it's gone, you know, so and I think that that's important. I think that David the song is David right, you know. And I'm quite sure that you've read you know, Psalms before, you know, it sounds a little about polar right, you know what I'm saying. One day he's afraid and questioning, one day he's down, and one day he's rejoicing. And I think that that duality is necessary. It's because the complexity of life requires an honest approach of how rain and sunshine they coexist in our journey.
Speaker 2: But I think it also allows people to know that they're not alone with their journey.
Speaker 4: That's what I've always tried to do, you know. But what Charlamagne just said is something that I definitely want to ponder on this because I think it's such a strong statement, and I think that it's very important that as you try to give medicine and try to wrap it in candy, that you are at least trying to give the solution. And so I appreciate you saying that to me so that I can, you know, fight to still try to be accountable because I'm still learning.
Speaker 2: I think that's the biggest thing.
Speaker 7: Like, you know, we're all just still learning, right, Like you're not experts, We're just sharing our experiences. Yeah, And I think that's what you're doing, You're just sharing your ex One thing I love in the doctor Man, I love seeing folks during inner child work. And that's what you're doing. You're doing your in a child work. You're trying to hear you in a child How important is that you man?
Speaker 4: I gotta keep it together, bro together once again, it's my first week, you know, doing it. It's amazing because I hadn't been around my mother in decades, and the fact that she won't give me what I'm asking slight.
Speaker 2: Just let me know that you didn't know, and you even say you don't.
Speaker 4: Know, but to be so adamant about he isn't your father. It's powerful because her not giving me that takes away my ability to be able to even try to embrace it, because she still has.
Speaker 2: Power over the little boy.
Speaker 4: And I hadn't seen her in decades, Like in that amazing and that amazing that you can see the cause of the beginning of your reckless life and hadn't seen them in almost three day decade and they still have power over the soul of the little baby.
Speaker 6: First of all, I could never imagine myself in that predicamental position. But I'm just trying to put myself in your shoes, right, And here's a lady that you call your biological mom, and you haven't seen her in three decades, well three years, twenty three years almost three decades, twenty three years. And I guess the question I would want to know is why, right, And the reason I say why is in this situation is it's like, you know, you have kids, I have kids, has kids, and it's like I think I would feel like, damn, you don't want me. And even though that you know, I was adopted, and it's like you would feel like, well, I'm successful now I'm Kirk Franklin and you still don't want nothing to do with me. You still don't want to make up for lost time and to try that that that never affected you any.
Speaker 2: Question, because it's just how I feel.
Speaker 6: I'm about to start crying because I feel them, Because I feel them.
Speaker 2: You're a few amazing Well.
Speaker 4: First of all, thank you for the comedy break, and I pray thank you for the comedy.
Speaker 6: Break because I feel because I'm about to start tearing because I feel.
Speaker 4: Away okay, And I love how y'all got that brotherhood fired like that, you know, and it's funny.
Speaker 2: Because I really don't like him, but even that is beautiful.
Speaker 4: To me because I was raised with none of that being raised by yourself.
Speaker 2: That's traumatic. I was the kid.
Speaker 4: I'm embarrassed and said, but I was a kid on the Leicester school. I would cry because I was going back to a house with an older lady.
Speaker 2: Who it was.
Speaker 4: It was just empty and I didn't want to leave these kids because I had no Amida to go home.
Speaker 2: Oh man, alright, we got more with Kirk Franklin. When we come back. It's the Breakfast Club. Good morning morning.
Speaker 6: Everybody is DJ MV Charlamage, the guy we are the Breakfast Club was still kicking it with Kirk Franklin.
Speaker 7: Charm See, this is why therapy and stuff is so important, because before the conversation started, before even turned on the mic, you were telling to keep having kids because you don't want to have an empty nests. And you were like, an empty nests is a mother, you know, a curse, but.
Speaker 2: Not this time, not this time. But you say that, and so now that that's the same thing, right.
Speaker 4: Well yeah yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah yeah yeah, And so you fill your life with noise. And then when you talk about well, I'm Kurt Franklin. Now you still don't warn me. I'm gonna tell you whatever that Kurt Franklin. Thing is a lot of times makes it worse is because success can be traumatizing. And I learned that in therapy. Is because now you've got to deal with how do I maneuver? How do I like? I was so traumatized by success. Is that when the first album goes platinum, you think a million people like you. And then if the next album goes gold, your what behind things? That half of me and people don't like you no more?
Speaker 2: Wow?
Speaker 4: And so I'm honest enough to say it, I'm crushing. I'm not the only one that goes through that. And so when you don't, when those beginning stages of life where you don't have people to inform you of who you are, it's says the trajectory of how you process everything in life. Everything in life is through that same filter. I want to be liked, I want to be accepted. Am I okay? Am I good enough? And you can be fifty three years old still asking how'd I do?
Speaker 2: How'd I do? How'd I do?
Speaker 4: I'm doing interviews all week and you know, and I'll still pull the publicist to the side.
Speaker 2: Okay, how was that was that good? You know?
Speaker 11: Was that?
Speaker 2: You know?
Speaker 4: And it's because you just still trying to figure out and so all of this just opens up the new wounds. And so that's why I needed this album. I needed this music. I needed to Man, can you imagine if all this was going on and I was just at the crib having none to do, Bro, I needed to be working on music.
Speaker 2: Does that makes sense? Absolutely?
Speaker 4: Bro, I couldn't be steal. I had to be doing something because I was going to go crazy.
Speaker 2: But didn't that a response to traumatal can be.
Speaker 4: It can be, And I don't know if all of it is terrible is because there are other results that you could take. They could even be more detrimental, you know, drugs, drinking.
Speaker 10: You know.
Speaker 4: I think that the most important thing that I do want anyone listening to understand is because again, it's not just Kurt story. This is a lot of people's story and a lot of people live in these spaces, which is mind blowing. All of the responses I've gotten from this is that I just want people to know that you can't wait to get fixed before you get up and win.
Speaker 2: So what you gotta do is you gotta win wounded. You gotta win wounded, You gotta all of us. Right, you gotta wind.
Speaker 4: You can't wait for them. Sorry, you can't wait till that the person wants to fix it. You can't wait for the apology. And what they did was wrong. What God allows at times feel so long. But we got to be able to trust his heart when we don't understand his hand. Queens and kings, no matter what has been brought in your life by the winds and ways of life, I need for you to get up. I need for you to limp across the finish line bleeding, cuss and crying, but I need for you to win wounded.
Speaker 6: Now, has that strengthen relationship with your kids? Has it changed anything with your kids for you?
Speaker 4: You know, it's been very interesting, man, because you know, my kids have loved me through all of my deficiencies. My youngest, who is brilliant, he's a thinker, and he said to me that, he said that this has given him another level of grace for me, He said, because you have done the best you knew how to do, he said, he said, because I don't know not having a life without yo. He says, so, man, you know, and again I don't want him to see his daddy as a victim, you know, but the kindness that they've shown me has really been humbling, you know, the patients, because can you imagine being married to this, you know, somebody that doesn't fully understand what love is. I've always because, well singing, just because you're introduced to love don't mean you're not to receive it if it hasn't been engrafted in you. And so my family they've been very kind because I know that.
Speaker 2: I've been a lot. Your son is at the end of the dark, right.
Speaker 4: Yeah, my firstborn, it's my first part. I was just talking about my youngest. Yeah, well when the father, Yeah, why was that important to do?
Speaker 2: Well?
Speaker 4: First of all, it was a great opportunity to have a reconnection with him. I thought that it would be a moment of healing that could open up an opportunity for us to heal. And so I was very grateful that it was something that he was moved by and to have this reconnection point with him.
Speaker 7: He had a visceral reaction though, just like mister Rick had a visceral reaction, like immediately like this tears.
Speaker 4: My son is a beautiful soul man. He that's my firstborn, that's my firstborn. It's my first namesake.
Speaker 1: You know.
Speaker 2: Carry On has been the homie.
Speaker 4: Since you said I made since he was six, he had the passport, you know, I mean, I mean my son and my kids that traveled the world with me. And to be able to see him again and to hold him close to me and to just touch his face like I hadn't been that close to him in over a decade, and to just embrace him, you know, man, because I've missed my son. I've missed my son and I love my son because my son grew me up. The church killed me when I got my pregnant back in eighty eight and eighties, and I was a church musician. Man, the ridicule, but that was my home.
Speaker 2: That was the hominge Man.
Speaker 4: I took them to all the car rehearsals, and you know what I'm saying, when I was working on music and you know, and so to be able to hold my first born again and to embrace him, it was a very loving moment for me.
Speaker 7: How important is it to here I apologize from your parents.
Speaker 4: Oh oh man, because I would love to hear that home, you know, And so to be able to hear that, it's very healing. I would believe it's because it would heal me, you know, And so it was very important that he heard that from me. It was very important for him to be able to know, Man, I'm sorry.
Speaker 2: I'm sorry for stuff I mayn't even know. I'm sorry, but I just need you to know it.
Speaker 4: I need you to be able to hear i'm sorry because I know the healing that existed those words, and I just wanted him to know for the things I knew, for the things I didn't know, for the things I'm trying to figure out, for the things for whatever, For whatever, you need to put this in the bucket that starts you on your journey as another black man.
Speaker 2: I need for you to hear your.
Speaker 4: Daddy say I'm sorry, and you can apply wherever you need it. I don't care, I don't care. This ain't about winning. All I want to win is you. All I want to win is you.
Speaker 7: There was another part of the doc Man, where you are you couldn't call your your aunt aunt. You called her by her first name, and she wouldn't reply to you until you said aunt.
Speaker 2: Why was that so hard? Well?
Speaker 4: These are people that I would that I wasn't raised around my entire life. You know, I didn't have that family dynamic, so I don't have the habit of calling people uncle enough. You know, that was not part of my construct and so it's not natural for me to do it. So I didn't make any offense. It's just these are not people that have been in my equal system my entire life. And so that's why, you know, and I do want to make it inextricably clear that I'm not here to bash my mother. I'm not here to bash my umb because he's a black woman, and it is very important for me to make sure that I still, as a black man, carry the role of covering the most powerful, the most precious treasure that we have to this earth, and that's the black woman. So I'm not here to do that, and I refuse to do.
Speaker 2: It, being that you've gone through all of this. When are you gonna let Plies get his DNA? You shut up, man, Let's get it to us.
Speaker 12: You know that that is the real reason why I'm here.
Speaker 4: You know, applies I love you come home.
Speaker 2: Oh my goodness. Let's get into a single off the album. The album Father's Day is out.
Speaker 4: What you Can New album comes out man, I'm so excited, excited about the new tour. I'm on tour right now. Man, I'm on tour now with Ta Tribbt, the Clark Sisters King.
Speaker 2: And they're killing it.
Speaker 4: They killing it every night, bro, The Clark Sisters, Tamla Man, take Me to the King, David Man singers, the whole band and the new album called Father to Day. And I needed this album and I hope that they can help heal people like it helped heal me. I'm having or that it's trying to heal me. I'm still not there, but I'm excited. What do you want to hear them? You know what, let's do needs.
Speaker 2: We appreciate you for joining us. We love you. We are grateful each grateful and ladies and gentlemen, it is Kirk Franklin. It's the Breakfast Club. Good morning. Everybody cry this morning. They don't want to hear Jesus morning. They want to hear Drake.
Speaker 8: That's not true. I just want to hear Jesus.
Speaker 2: That's right.
Speaker 7: They want to hear for the for the dog, not for the God.
Speaker 2: For Kirk Franklin, that's right, shout wanting everybody be all the breakfast Club.
Speaker 6: Angel Riah is our guess host today, and let's get to the rumors.
Speaker 2: Name or you gossip chatty is the rumor report?
Speaker 8: I mean, I guess We're on the breakfast club.
Speaker 2: This is where the tea spells right right now. If you've been listening, we've been telling.
Speaker 8: You what was that? That was not me?
Speaker 6: Well, when we've been talking all morning long and talking about Drake's album came out, and I just want to bring o vo Eli back in here.
Speaker 2: He's a producer on the show.
Speaker 11: Now.
Speaker 6: O vo listened to the front the album, Uh, first time, front to back.
Speaker 2: By the way, he should be working. He's a producer here.
Speaker 11: I was.
Speaker 7: I was doing both simon okay, all right, So he got on a matter of fact with the Drakes because you got on it.
Speaker 2: We got the hot we got the what are these hot steppers?
Speaker 7: Hot stetts and you got a forty dog t shirt.
Speaker 18: On it from Drake related shout out Drake related.
Speaker 2: And dwell no not you. I got some hands on Okay, we didn't care about that.
Speaker 6: But all right, so first listen, what's your thoughts so far on the Drake album?
Speaker 2: Because since you're a huge Drake fan.
Speaker 18: Yeah, no, I was saying to uh everyone earlier. After I listened to it front to back, I definitely feel like Drake uh delivered. He checked all the boxes for everybody who's always complaining and.
Speaker 7: Only listened to it once. I got your immediate reviews. Some time, I got to run it back during downtime, but front to back, you know, we got.
Speaker 2: He delivered.
Speaker 18: He got R and B, he got some stuff for the club. He got a song with Bad Bunny, another song with Scizza and Sexy Read.
Speaker 2: That's like a club banger for sure. Chief Keith on there.
Speaker 18: Yeah, it's definitely above twenty three songs, and I think he'll definitely tell the.
Speaker 7: Worst Drake review of all time because it's only been an hour. He why you put this young?
Speaker 9: I have a Drake question I understand from reading, not because I knew this.
Speaker 8: I love J Cole.
Speaker 9: But on the J Coole feature, they say he addresses NBA young boy.
Speaker 8: This you brought up the same. I didn't know that's what you were talking about, he said.
Speaker 2: He said, it's not a this. He said he looks to do a song with YB.
Speaker 8: I only heard that, yeah, he said. He addressed said.
Speaker 2: Don't believe what you read on the block like that.
Speaker 18: Yeah, yeah, No, from what I heard, I didn't hear no shots being fired in any of the tracks.
Speaker 2: Yeah, all right, well thank you ovo Eli.
Speaker 18: Oh can I say something to everybody who says obsessed with Drake you are?
Speaker 2: You are bro.
Speaker 8: I did not know this Drake.
Speaker 18: Paraphernal, I got the support your Instagram name is. By the way I'm doing I'm explaining this one line. You ready, it's not the man, it's the music. Is not just the month. It's a movement by Drake.
Speaker 6: If you're listening, please can you send this young man up some stuff by.
Speaker 8: The bras out that room?
Speaker 6: He might take a broad Drake, but sign signed something for his name is Oli not not not not the fan.
Speaker 7: By the way, I'm gonna tell you why I respect it though. I think there's nothing wrong with being a fan of an artist. There's nothing wrong with celebrating an artist. There's nothing wrong with it. This is this is a throwback of everybody like they too too cool nowadays. The celebrating artist correct This man name is ovo Eli. He has no problem being on Drizzy's.
Speaker 2: Glizzy Wow, yes.
Speaker 8: Thank you me would do? Come on?
Speaker 10: This is far.
Speaker 2: Oh my god, no for f oh for f.
Speaker 8: Alright, you play too much. I couldn't hear. No, You're not not that anybody in Drake's camp?
Speaker 6: Can you please send them a care package? G spend who else is over there? Forty I'm getting the d J any anybody over there so you don't even know none of you.
Speaker 2: We can start shouting them out, chubbs.
Speaker 18: If this spirit, I know you guys are spirit. I feel the energy from yo.
Speaker 2: Get off.
Speaker 8: Now.
Speaker 9: He was the one that ran up on the stage, right, Remember there was a fan that ran up on the stage.
Speaker 8: Eli, not you running up on the stage.
Speaker 2: Y'all send him a clear path. I do like this fan.
Speaker 7: I do like this really happy to see music come out. I'm not gonna lie.
Speaker 2: People.
Speaker 6: People people really love him, and you know, you know, and you make fun of it all the time, and I like oo Eli and people that love Drake. But this is hoppened who loved Drizzy. But this is how I was when Hove came out. When when I'm a huge hole fan, so I remember when whole albums come out, I would have these debates with my friends and who's on the album.
Speaker 2: I would read the credits and I would be excited.
Speaker 6: Like last night, my uh, my daughter's home and her boyfriends there and they were excited about Drake. They were talking about, Yo, did you see did you see the Drake freestyle? And my daughter was like, yeah, I seen it. She was like, yeah, he had the son in the video and the son was explaining the artwork and it didn't make sense.
Speaker 2: But Drake was like, yeah, son, it makes sense.
Speaker 6: And they were into it like they were captivating, and I'm like, that's how I listen to and that's how I used to ride out the whole.
Speaker 7: No matter what you feel about Drake, which not even just Drake the three headed monster, right did Drake the Cole and Kendrick. They make people care about the music, as they said, like and everybody else is talking about blogs and tweets and gossip and rumors.
Speaker 2: They make you stay focused on the music.
Speaker 8: Can I just say, you said you used to read the credits.
Speaker 9: You think they still go and read the credits like you know, it's like electronic we can't.
Speaker 8: Like, no, they still do.
Speaker 6: Like you know, my my my daughter last night knew who the A and R was.
Speaker 2: Stopped. That was Kevin Durant now, But they knew who the A was, who the AL was for the last five albums. I bet you couldn't tell you it's Kevin.
Speaker 6: Durant, but I'm sure they read the credits on the last five albums. I don't even remember who the A and rs were for all jay Z's albums. When I first do it, like to read the credits, but I don't remember that always was always for all of them.
Speaker 8: But then that's kind of a cheat.
Speaker 6: G Robison was for a couple of them. Lennys was for a couple of them. But that's because I know the characters. And just like oh Vo just oo Eli shouting out forty and chubbs. You don't know them, but he just hears them all the time. Future the DJ, he don't just know them, We just you.
Speaker 7: Know, he probably had a chubb the way he was in his right, My gosh, he was talking alright, correct.
Speaker 2: All right?
Speaker 6: That we ain't got time for that now, So alright, the mess what you're doing in your doncument.
Speaker 2: For after the hour man, let's talk about why starking is wrong? All right.
Speaker 7: The old man named Michael Arnold, sixty five years old, he needs to come in front of aurogation. We'd like to have a word with him, but I promise you ain't never heard nobody's talk like he starts.
Speaker 6: All right, well, let's get into this joint. You want to take a bet? Take it back to what I said. Do you want to take a bet? Now take it back? I said, bet on what I bet you? You put your hands on your knees when we play this new Drake record.
Speaker 7: Man, you and your little six fans. By the way, By the way, there is somebody who constantly leaves a comment and said, you took your name from Envy from KP and Envy shorty swing swing my way.
Speaker 2: I do see that all the time. That is true. I don't know is that true? That's not true?
Speaker 8: That kind that's that vibe.
Speaker 2: Donkey. Today's up next the breakfast club. Your mornings will never be the same.
Speaker 11: Up.
Speaker 2: That's hard.
Speaker 17: I used to fancing it, damn, but hell, it's time.
Speaker 2: I'm trying to be donky today. No more. They should be embarrassed by what they already did. I'm not making new people do these days.
Speaker 8: Called Donkey of the day, and it really caught me off guard.
Speaker 13: Damn chlomagn who got the Donkey Out of.
Speaker 5: The Day today.
Speaker 7: Wow, justess hilarious Donkey Today for Friday, October sixth goes to a sixty five year old woman named sixty five year old man pardon me, named Michael Arnis. Now, Michael is a pilot, but I think his pilot license should be revoked if he indeed is guilty of the things he's being accused of. First of all, he's being accused of being a world class stalker. There's a lot of women out there that can relate to having stalkers held some men too, But this guy, Michael, is on a higher level than most stalkers.
Speaker 2: Literally. See.
Speaker 7: He is already under a temporary order of protection, and he was issued a cease and desist from flying any and all aircraft after being accused of four years worth of bizarre sexual harassment from this guy. I can't even make this kind of stuff up. Let's go to the Channel three News Vermont for the report.
Speaker 16: Police sixty five year old Michael Arnold of Skuylerville, New York, is accused of aggravated stalking after police say he flew his plane over the woman's house and even through tomatoes toward the ground. Here's video of what police say are the many instances where Arnold flew low over the village of Skuylerville. An FBI agent told Bennington police that Arnold may be taking off from the Bennington Airport and flying against a court order. Court paperwork states Arnold has been stalking the woman for roughly four years. In an interview with police, Arnold told them he was not the one flying the plane. He was only on board as a passenger. Arnold spoke with our media partner after a court appearance yesterday in Bennington following his initial appearance on the charges.
Speaker 1: If somebody else was flying the plane, couldn't you just ask them to testify on your behalf.
Speaker 2: I might be able to. I don't know, I might be able to well.
Speaker 16: The latest charges also include resisting arrest and violating an abuse protection order.
Speaker 2: Arnold was released.
Speaker 16: On conditions today, including no flying or going within three hundred feet of his plane. Is next to court appearance has not been scheduled.
Speaker 7: I have part of anything like this.
Speaker 2: Okay.
Speaker 7: This single man, Michael, is using a single engine Cessna the sexually harassed a woman. This man then turned the Cessna into a sexual cesspool. Okay, I've heard of crop dusters, but a cock duster is a new one. Okay, do you know that back in the nineteen hundred and sixties they used to call it a Cesena one fifties one filthy are a cess pit. I'm not making this up. Do your googles. These were actual nicknames for these small planes. But I don't think that's fair to the plane. The plane doesn't have a life, it doesn't have a soul of personality and energy. The reason plan should get nicknames is because of the pilot. For example, the Cessna one eighty that Michael was on board, and it has a nickname, and the nickname is the sky Wagon because they call it the station wagon of the sky.
Speaker 2: This is very true. Google it.
Speaker 7: And that's scary because the station wagon is the vehicle of serial killers. Charles Manson had a station wagon. But let's stay the cars. We're talking about stockers here. Okay, this man is sixty five and he's literally acting like a cartoon character. Okay, you sent the neked picture of you laying in bed and didn't get a reply, so you decide.
Speaker 2: To take it to the sky. Okay, look, it's a perv and a plane.
Speaker 7: I've heard of letting your freak flag fly, But Michael has decided to fly with a freak flag. This man flew so close to the house that windows and doors would rattle. This woman claims that one time the pilot pelted her home with tomatoes. Now, the symbolism of throwing tomatoes is because, for whatever reason, folks used to see tomatoes as a symbol of poor quality, So throwing tomatoes as someone would be equivalent to telling them they were not good enough. If you were going out of your way for four years, allegedly the stalker woman by flying your plane near her house, then you, sir, are letting her know she's good enough.
Speaker 2: Knock it off with the tomatoes.
Speaker 7: Okay, not to mention, if you sixty five, and if you can afford to fly your plane by this woman's house, damn.
Speaker 2: There every day.
Speaker 7: Won't you just move like a real sugar puff daddy and use that money you would spend on gas and just spend it on her. Okay, it ain't tricking if she's worth it, all right, You busy being the dirty old man flying over the cuckoos, and that's you could be the dirty old man flying this young woman out all right, another mistake, Michael. And you notice from flying you have to know when you're flying too high. You're sixty five. You can't go chasing forty somethings at sixty five. You gotta stick to the Golden Girls and the Jamie Lee Curtises that you used to because being that you're sixty five. Okay, he's not even a good looking sixty five.
Speaker 8: Oh I know, Michael.
Speaker 2: If a stroke was a person, this is what it would look like.
Speaker 7: Oh my god, all right, he looks like if a pile of mashed potato shop at Abracambie and fished. He looks like the oldest loved child of Peter Griffin and Brian the Dog. If Peter was in the Beast the Reality and Brian the Dog would have babies. This is what their eldest sixty five year old child would look like.
Speaker 2: Look at him, Look at him. Okay.
Speaker 7: At some point in life he definitely called a black pilot a flying monkey.
Speaker 2: Okay.
Speaker 7: All I'm trying to say is whether you do it, be a plane trainer, automobile stalking is wrong. Please give Michael Arnold the biggest he huh.
Speaker 2: Actually, let Kathy Griffin give Michael on the biggest he huh. Please give this giant jar male the biggest he hau. This is definitely a human jar helmets. Won't keep going. No, I don't think we need to keep going. There's nothing gracious about what he did. Okay, Yes, all right, well, thank you for that donkey of today. Yes, indeed, all right.
Speaker 6: Now, when we come back, Stephen A. Smith will be joining us. We're gonna kick it with Steven. They allowed to discuss a lot going on with sports, so we're gonna talk to our friend Steven A.
Speaker 2: Smith.
Speaker 7: Got some stuff going on in his personal Too's just personal things we can talk about.
Speaker 2: Okay, when we do that when we come back, So don't move in peace.
Speaker 12: B E T B E T.
Speaker 6: We'll see y'all on Monday. It's the Breakfast Local Morning, the Breakfast Club.
Speaker 11: Morning.
Speaker 6: Everybody is dj n V Charlamagne to God.
Speaker 2: We are the Breakfast Club.
Speaker 6: We got a special guest in the building for queens, Steven A.
Speaker 2: Smith. Ladies and gentlemen. What's up? Let's go. How you feeling, I'm good man?
Speaker 7: How y'all doing Man's Black and Holly favorite the Cowboys and three and one man stuff?
Speaker 2: Enjoy it? Purchases tickets for Super Bowl.
Speaker 5: You say that's the only thing I got love for Charlamagne, But my god, I mean, I just I don't understand it.
Speaker 2: Man, Dallas Kyle was like a virus.
Speaker 13: Man.
Speaker 5: I mean, you just can't get rid of him. I mean everywhere you go you see Dallas cowboy fence. I do not understand it. But you know they got a damn good team this year for their defense as elite, their offer. But it's still gonna come down to Dak. You know, you know that, right, you know that. I mean, it's gonna be that moment, and I just want to get because I want to look out for you because y'all important, you know what I'm saying, And I don't want you to just get into a state of depression. You know your yeah, yeah, yeah yeah, your enthusiasm just elevates, and then that moment arrives and Dak's got to come through and it ain't gonna happen.
Speaker 7: I won't say that, man. I agree with everything you say about Dak Prescott. I think your assessment of Dak Prescott on first take is absolutely spot.
Speaker 2: I've never said he's a scrub. I never said he can't play.
Speaker 5: What I said is that it's about moments, and every time there's a big moment, he has not shown up. It's just that simple, and so he's got to do it. You know, think about this, man, I mean, you got a cat like Brock, pretty mister irrelevant, last big in the draft, and all this other stuff. He's considered a better quarterback than Dak Prescott, Jalen Hurts, he was just in a super Bowl. He's considered the better quarterback than Dak Prescott. Jared Golf, He's been bawling for the Detroit Lions. He's considered a better quarterback than Dak Prescott. And so when you I was at the Aero Spence Terrence Crawford fight, you know, by the way, an annihilation. I did not expect. I picked Crawford to win that fight, but I ain't know it was gonna be like that. But I gotta tell you, I'm at the fight and the whole bunch of Dallas Cowboys, they're there and supremely confident in their defense. And then when you asked him about quarterback, and we believe in him, Steve, I'm like, y'all know the difference.
Speaker 2: I know the difference. You know, you know what, you know, that little extra hesitation to stuttering there, like.
Speaker 7: We know what we gonna do. We hope he's gonna do it. I can't wait till we beat the forty nine of this weekend.
Speaker 5: That's not cana happen. That's not gonna happen. I predicted you're gonna lose. I'm predicting that's gonna throw two interceptions.
Speaker 14: Dang.
Speaker 2: I gotta bet with Shannon and he's gonna throw two interceptions.
Speaker 7: Dam So, who's your Super Bowl picking? While you're at the Cowboys? I think, well, Firsus ain't gonna ain't gonna beet. The Cowboys ain't gonna be He keeps trying, keep trying. He says, I had the Eagles at the beginning of the season. I still believe in them, But I just think that San Francisco. The more I look at San Francisco, remember they was in the NFC Championship game.
Speaker 2: They didn't have a quarterback.
Speaker 5: This's never happened in nfls if all four quarterbacks got hurt and so because they didn't have a quarterback, they literally got to a point after brock Perty went down the back and went down, Christian McCaffrey had to line up behind center. They didn't have a quarterback, so it was a four goal conclusion that the Eagles was gonna win that game.
Speaker 2: They were going to the Super Bowl.
Speaker 5: Once that happened, well, this year they motivated and you got a UK, and you got de Bo, and you got Kittles, and this boy, Christian McCaffrey could be the league in VP right now. The brother is bawling and Party is leading everybody in QBR, and.
Speaker 2: The defense is top three.
Speaker 5: And so when you look at it right now, I would have to say in all hones, see San Francisco is the favorite.
Speaker 2: And then when you look at the AFC, it's up for grabs. Two weeks ago, I was like.
Speaker 5: Yo, man, I ain't seeing an offense like this in Miami since the days of Dan Dan Fouts with Charlie and Kellen Winslow, Senior, Chuck Munsey and these brothers. I'm like, this something, this is something special. And then they go to Buffalo and get bum rushed and beat the hell down and I'm like, well damn they there goes Dad, And then you got Kansas City. Patrick Mahomes still that dude, Kelsey still that dude. But their receivers can't get open.
Speaker 2: But they got Taylor Swift. Now I know that that helps. That helps, that damn sure helps.
Speaker 6: But not in the football teast's popularity, but down in the football for now. Is that affecting the game now, because you know, we watched the game this past weekend and they must have shown Tailor Swift nineteen times.
Speaker 5: I know, but but listen, listen, it's it's overkilled. There's no doubt you even here Kelsey speaking out against it. But let's be real about somef First of all, it's his whole We didn't know his interested Kelsey and Teylor Swift and tell he told us, well nobody mind, you know we we thought he was with the extra cry out like we didn't know.
Speaker 2: Okay, but Taylor Swift.
Speaker 5: I mean, that's six billion dollars in the latest concert, you know, concert tour.
Speaker 2: Damn it. I went to the concert. You went to Tailor sw man. My daughter's made me take him. Man, you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 5: The great to show you on your light now, I said it was a great show I had ever been to.
Speaker 2: Now I'm a Beyonce fan all day every day.
Speaker 5: I don't think any of them compare to her, But I've never been to her concert.
Speaker 2: I went to Taylor Swift concert. Yo, man at so far stayed in La. She she she brought the house down.
Speaker 5: And I mean, these little girls, I haven't seen anything like this since Michael Jackson. I mean there was a in between songs. What I mean by that is in between songs, they gave her a nine minute standing ovation non stop.
Speaker 2: They was screaming. They wouldn't let us sing the next song.
Speaker 5: These little teenage girl, and I mean every one of them knew every line of every song. They were singing it with her. They were crying and screaming. I saw people in the audience fainting.
Speaker 7: I saw it all. I couldn't believe it. I don't want to talk to know stephen Ate Smith, I no, damn tailors.
Speaker 2: I just asking about that. I'm just I got to ask about Damian Lillard. What was your thought with him going to the box? I love it. That's my brother. Got a lot of love for him. He's a superstar in this league.
Speaker 5: I think if it were not for Steph Curry, we'd be talking about him as the best in the game.
Speaker 2: At that position.
Speaker 5: Having said all of that, I think that it elevated Milwaukee, no doubt about it, because Joannis ain't had no weapon like that. I think what you got to look at what Damian Lillard is him being on that squad. Jannis was their option. Now you've done brought in a closer. You done brought in a brother that has sent people home and waved goodbye to them while doing it. The Paul George's, the James harden Is, the Dwight Howard's, the Russell Westbrooks of the world. Asked them Damian Lilan had sent them home and waved goodbye to them while doing it.
Speaker 2: This is what he does.
Speaker 7: Who do you think will play more games next year? Ben Simmons of Kawhi Leonon Kawhi Lennon, Okay.
Speaker 2: I've lost complete faith in Bensimons.
Speaker 5: Dam The only thing I'm mad about is I didn't get a chance to tell him to his face. And the reason why is that we were at the spot last year, man, and you know, I had a lot of respect for him. You know, I'm not gonna disrespect him as a man or human being, but it's like my God, bro, somehow, some way, no matter what troubles you going through, the check is in.
Speaker 2: Their account and you cashing it somehow.
Speaker 5: You're on the bench looking like a male model, you know what I'm saying, while the rest of your team out there playing. You know, you're just looking at it and it's like it don't make no damn sense to me. And so I look at it from that perspective. And then now you talk about you ready, you ready, you ready. He's one of those guys that I would tell you this, his talent is big time. If I could get away with it as a team, I wouldn't give him a damn done until he plays. You got to show up to work man, And to me, he hasn't done that, and that's my disappointment with him. What was your thoughts on Colin Kaepernick writing the Jets and saying that he wanted to be working on the practice team to get the squad where they needed to be. It it meant nothing to me. I knew it was gonna be much ado about nothing. In twenty nineteen. I had sources inside the league office, They're gonna give him a workout. At least twenty four team's gonna show up. It ended up being twenty six. The quote I received and I said it on the ed at the time. Brother would have to throw it into the stands to not have a.
Speaker 2: Job in two weeks. All he got to do is show up. The league had to give him the tribe.
Speaker 5: So the NFL stepped in and they said, for the first time in history, were gonna conduct this workout.
Speaker 2: Fell and the ain't gonna be off for you if you go out there and do it.
Speaker 5: Go out there and do it, and bring the tsunami down upon the NFL, and make sure now that you gave him this tryout that ultimately you gave him a job.
Speaker 2: You passed, and you did some work out of the high school.
Speaker 5: Football field an hour and twenty minutes away. Nah, I said it. From that day, I said, it's over. They just found a perfect excuse. They ain't never gonna look at him again. Just this past year, you know, fourteen quarter black quarterbacks started in the NFL opening week, and seven of the top eleven paid players in the NFL at the back position are black. I only bring up that numbers because that's what the owner's gonna say. They're gonna be like, gooes, man, we good, We got it. We getting our money. We got black folks in here excelling, ain't getting paid. He had an opportunity to do that he passed.
Speaker 2: And it's that simple. I said it that day. It's over. We got more with Steven A. Smith. When we come back, it's the breakfast Club. Good morning. I'm warning Everybody's dj n V. Charlomagne the guy. We are the Breakfast Club. He's still kicking it with Steven A. Smith. Charlamagne.
Speaker 7: You know, people don't often look at what we do in the terms of athletes what I do. So when I say, when I see you get a player of Shannon Sharp's caliber, yes on your team, how do you adjust your game?
Speaker 5: Well, listen, First of all, it's about respect and humility. And here's what I mean by that. I ain't no three times super Bowl champion, ain't no future, I ain't no Hall of Famer, not the greatest tight end in NFL history. I want to arguably the greatest tight end then history. He had those credentials coming to the table, and.
Speaker 2: So for me, I don't got nothing to do with this. I understand that.
Speaker 5: But but but he has done a good job and he has been in the business for years, and so looking at the job that he did, knowing the roster cat that I had, Marcus Spears, Ryan Clark and all these other folks, I certainly wasn't interested in getting rid of them, but I knew that he was a talent that would add He would be an additive to me, he wouldn't be a liability. But more importantly than that, man I was where he was two thousand and nine. We talked about this when it was me my book or various other interviews, both for y'all have done with me. Man, I know what it's like to be out in that streets and be unemployed and for them to be writing your epitaph and all of that other stuff. And I was like, it wasn't a brother in stephen A's position to help me, but I'm in that position. And so I called them up and I said, Yo, what you want to do? And he's like, Yo, Man, you have me, I said, he said, I said yeah, I want you. Hell yeah, absolutely, And so to me, that was their loss. That's my game and I'm gonna always gods know what.
Speaker 2: My approach is.
Speaker 5: I know what I'm talking about as a reporter and pundit that covered the sport.
Speaker 2: I didn't do what you do? How much flag did you did you get?
Speaker 6: Because you know, when you're arguing going back and forth with the player, a football player, I'm sure they're thinking you never played the sport. Nah, you didn't, You didn't have in Denver, we're not doing as well, Yeah you don't.
Speaker 2: But they don't do that anymore.
Speaker 5: And that's where my reputation has helped me immensely because anybody that walk through the doors and you tell me this is what you want to do, all you got to do is ask for my help and I'm give it to you.
Speaker 2: You know what I'm saying. I mean, you want to do this, here's how you do it.
Speaker 5: And I'll tell them that and a lot of times I'll let them know, listen, I'm gonna come at you.
Speaker 2: We're not orchestrating anything. I'm not letting you know what all my opinions are.
Speaker 5: But from a generic perspective, I'm letting you know if I see something, I'm gonna attack you. I'm gonna get right at you because but the reason I'm doing it.
Speaker 2: Is for you to pull out your level of expertise. So if you watch Cat's debate with me.
Speaker 5: All of a sudden, they'll up the ante as a segment progresses because I zero in on them and they get up because they like, he's coming for me. Now he's gone. Because that's my way of saying to them, you're holding out. You ain't give me what you got, and I'm gonna get this now, either that or I'm right. Which one you willing to admit? Stephen are you right? Or Steven are you wrong? And if you say, Stephen a, I'm wrong, you got to tell me why. And so when you'd have to tell.
Speaker 2: Me why, that's what makes it debate, sholl gotcha. And that's what it's about.
Speaker 11: Now.
Speaker 7: Some weeks ago something you said what you said several times, you wrote about it in your book. You talked about, you know, your experience with Max Kellerman working on the show. And I saw a reaction from Marcellus Wiley and he said, you got rid of Max Kellerman because Max wasn't dumb and white.
Speaker 5: Look at Well, let me say this, I'm not talking about I'm going to address that last part. The first part. I'm not addressing it anymore. And here's the reason why some people want to do anything for clicks. Y'all don't have to do that. I don't have to do that established, but others have to do that. And so when you see this, the tsunami of comments and all of this other stuff. Even my boss has called me. It was like, yo, man, it's in your book. Enough's enough, and I'm like, they're right. I had nothing to say about it anymore. The ratings speak for itself, the decisions that were made speak for self.
Speaker 2: It is what it is. Business is business period.
Speaker 5: In terms of what Marcellus Wiley said, now that I will direct, I will address directly, and I only have one thing to say. He and I work together. Got a lot of respect for him. I know the man he was talking about that as his best friend. I get all of that, no problem. He is my only issue for a black man to sit up there and say another black man is scared of somebody's intellect. Come on, bro, that's just the line you crossing. I have nothing more to say other than that that's sad that.
Speaker 2: He would go that route.
Speaker 5: I guess that he's gonna get attention because obviously everybody who watches The Breakfast Club every chance we get, and you he gonna see talk about it. I'm certainly not gonna argue with him. I've always had a lot of respect for him. Me and Marcellus Wiley have never had one issue. I don't care what support he has for his boy or anybody else. But I would never in a million years say that one black man is scared that I fear the intelligence of any man, any man. I've debated doctor Michael Erick Dice. I've debated Cornell West.
Speaker 2: Yes I'm saying, I've been on the phone with President Obama.
Speaker 5: I've debated political pundance and I'm not even a political officionado.
Speaker 2: We're talking sports, y'all.
Speaker 5: I mean, this ain't geometry or trigonometry or something.
Speaker 2: This is sports.
Speaker 7: Will piss you off more Marcella's comments or Torella Owen's comments when he was on first day back in the day and actually blacking than you.
Speaker 2: Oh no, but that that was just ignorant.
Speaker 5: You know, black folks, our community. You know, there ain't nothing in this world that I love more than black people. Ain't nothing I'd rather be other than black. But that don't mean that we don't have our issues as a community. And a lot of times when you see when you think differently, when you think independently, our own gets at you because they want us. You know, one minute we want to be independent in a Maverick style, and another minute we want to walk around and act like we're supposed to be one monolithic group, all aligned in terms of our thinking. I don't subscribe to that. Nobody thinks for me. I think for me, and I make my own decisions. But when Marcella said what he said, it was a disappoint you know, because you hurting us when you say that.
Speaker 7: Not me.
Speaker 2: Dare I say?
Speaker 5: I think I've accomplished enough where my level of intelligence is respected. So what about those that may not have accomplished what I've had, or haven't had an opportunity to really really expose the level of intellect they possess.
Speaker 2: Well, what are you gonna say about them?
Speaker 5: Not him specifically, but a country that's looking at a black man saying that about another black man. So that's fine, But the t old thing the lawyers, his lawyers contacted ESPN to sue me, yes for what that's what he said, because he tried to say I said something off the record that I didn't say. So I don't know, but I've never I've never listened doing what I do. I would never violate the trust because you don't have any credibility.
Speaker 2: You do that. You know.
Speaker 5: One of the things you have to do is know how to keep secrets. You can't open your mouth public when you gave your word that you something's told to you in confidence. Then when he called me and talk about I didn't tweet. I retweeted, well that's tweeting. But that pissed me off more. The Marcello's thing to answer your question made me sad.
Speaker 6: I Steven gotta go. I got one last question, man, and this is as a father. Yeah, Charlamagne has four kids.
Speaker 2: I have six, I have two, you have two? Yeah, where do you find a time?
Speaker 11: Right?
Speaker 6: Because I think I work a lot, right, I'm traveling everywhere, But I'm like sports never ends, right, and you're always doing sports? When do you find time for your family and your kids? Well, first of all, it's never enough time. My daughters would be the first to tell you that.
Speaker 5: They are not happy with me sometimes because even when I'm with them, a bit distracted because there's some sports event going on and there's something percolating or whatever.
Speaker 2: I treat them like the queens that they are. I do the best that I can. You know. The bottom line is I don't have time because I am busy.
Speaker 5: I make time. I mean I could be having to work. I get off at twelve noon and I might have to work at three. Well, I'll go see him until two, and then I leave and I come back and then I get off a seven, I go see them at eight, you know, and just and.
Speaker 2: I mean I've I've flown. I've had to take a flight from l A to Dallas, and I flew on the Red Eye to New York just to take them to school, and then flew right out to Dallas. Something like that.
Speaker 5: It's little stuff like that that's big things to them when it really really counts, because they know that you're sacrificing for them, and when they know that they appreciated it. More importantly, it's something that they'll hold others accountable to down the line.
Speaker 2: They'll be like this, how my dad treated me? How you gonna treat me, ladies and gentlemen.
Speaker 7: That's Stephen A Smith and straight shooter has been recently reprinted with a new afterward congrats on New York Times Best sellers.
Speaker 2: Man, thank you so much. Man. The super Bowl, I can tell you I got to I can't do it. I can't do it. I can't do it in the morning, I can't.
Speaker 5: Y'all ridiculous, man, ridiculous.
Speaker 2: The Breakfast Club.
Speaker 6: More than everybody is Team A n V, Charlamagne, the gud We are the Breakfast Club. Angela Raih is here. But it's time for past the ouks.
Speaker 2: It's time for the past with DJ.
Speaker 6: Yeah, DJ comes, that's right past the ox and we have our very own DJ Nyla here.
Speaker 2: What amount of how.
Speaker 8: Are you good?
Speaker 2: Good?
Speaker 3: I respond?
Speaker 8: How are you? I was too busy saying hey and granted.
Speaker 2: Okay, I was I was too busy being the judgmental uncle. What are you judging? Hungover? He was out last night? We could tell you was that last night? But out last night? All look like you just woke up.
Speaker 3: Let's not do this, do this.
Speaker 2: But we're glad you were here because we missed you last week. Drugs, drinks, what was it?
Speaker 19: What are y'all doing bringing up everything? I don't do drugs. You gotta stuff doing drinking a little bit. I drink a little bit, but I'm allergic.
Speaker 8: But allergic to what liquor with the gluten?
Speaker 10: Oh?
Speaker 20: I know, they're just never around.
Speaker 2: That is wild. You gotta go to the ball. Can I have a gluten free drink? Yeah? That's wow, it's given they have it.
Speaker 8: I didn't even ask.
Speaker 3: I just got this week.
Speaker 2: So you probably have an allergic reaction right now.
Speaker 3: Possibly?
Speaker 19: Okay, damn, that's it's not the hangovers.
Speaker 2: How do you realize you allergic to gluten?
Speaker 3: It's a long story, but can we get.
Speaker 8: I'm sorry, I'm not going to do my girl like that. She's still cute.
Speaker 3: Yes, thank you.
Speaker 19: So I want to talk about First Person Shooter feature J Cole.
Speaker 2: Of course you do, because you're a huge J. Cole fan. And that's the reason why she went to Saint John's.
Speaker 3: Why do you always gotta do this?
Speaker 8: Please play the record.
Speaker 7: I'm gonna tell you why that that line is so hard is because I love when they all acknowledge that they are the Big three of this era, you know, and who he says. They loved what he said. They love when they all get the Big three K Dot Aubrey of me. That's when jay Z. Remember when jay Z said who's the best m C. Biggie what J Cole also said, he's the greatest in that bar. Yeah, he's bigging everybody up. But he's taking his claim like, but I'm the.
Speaker 2: Guy as he should.
Speaker 6: But see, I love the fact that, you know, people were saying at one time that they loved J Cole but they didn't love his beats, right, that's what they said at one time. But I love the fact that J Cole is rapping on everybody's album right now.
Speaker 7: He's giving everybody a feature and giving people his work. And that's that's what I like to say about about abouts back in the day, and they about they said about both of them about Colon.
Speaker 19: But I will say what I like dinner that he addressed like the young boy things with the record that he dropped with Yati the week before.
Speaker 3: But he still want to cut a record with NBA. So I don't know, I think it's dope.
Speaker 19: It would be even cooler if KAO was on the record too, just as like.
Speaker 7: A yeah, you know, they don't want to get washed. They both didn't want you know what I'm saying. They didn't want that.
Speaker 3: Why are you so disrespectful?
Speaker 7: He the greatest Kendrick would have went crazy and Drake was barring people up on that record too.
Speaker 2: Don't act like J Cole. Ain't barren people, don't act like Kendrick gonna be barring people.
Speaker 7: Don't be washed, wash the d wash, wash, wash the Dragndrick would have watched both of him if he'd heard J. Cole said he the greatest, that would have made Kendrick take it to a whole other level.
Speaker 19: I feel like maybe needs to respond now so I can see who's really one, two, and three in order.
Speaker 2: Kendrick, Coler Drake. When it comes to what.
Speaker 9: Variable they're both in my top five l A, I'm from Seattle, but I'm gonna pick there.
Speaker 6: Was variables we're talking songs. If we're talking songs, just.
Speaker 7: As a rapper artist, Kendrick literally, I like Kendrick. I got Kendrick comes to making souls. You gotta say Drake Drake, so he is.
Speaker 9: But I think said Kendrick or J Drake Drake wasn't even in my top any thing.
Speaker 3: Okay, okay, well close, we know that.
Speaker 8: I like that they're both in my top five.
Speaker 19: Okay, cold be lighting up recently to going going crazy, but okay, So the next is Gonna Be Balloons off.
Speaker 20: Of No Names new project featuring j Electronica.
Speaker 2: I like that. That's hard. I didn't get to hear Jay Electronic, but that's that's hard.
Speaker 20: Jay's versus really really fied.
Speaker 19: But I like that record because she's just talking about how a lot of artists are just selling trauma to their fans and people aren't even realizing that they're.
Speaker 8: Dumping on you.
Speaker 7: But that's what art is though, right. Art is a reflection of life. So whatever you're going through, you're probably going to express in your art. So I don't know if they're trauma dumping intentionally, but you know a lot of artists like, oh this is my music is therapeutic, right, It's a release, man, it's the therapy.
Speaker 20: I'm not mad at them, just paying attention.
Speaker 3: To what you consume, that's all.
Speaker 20: And then the last one, I got to make an R and B because you.
Speaker 3: Know the past.
Speaker 20: The Aux Live is an R and B night.
Speaker 19: Headlined by Alex Vaughan Lea and Ryan Tray, So I gotta do an R and B one, and I went with Brent Firez featuring Coco Jones with Moment of Your Life.
Speaker 2: Oh that's real.
Speaker 3: R and B a good duet.
Speaker 2: That's not R and B rap hybrid. That's just a great R and B.
Speaker 20: That's good right. Shout out to Brent.
Speaker 8: He's from the DMV.
Speaker 3: Shout out to Coco, so she's really doing her thing.
Speaker 19: So if you guys like what y'all heard, mix, you guys download the Past the Ox playlist by clicking my LinkedIn bio or type it in Past.
Speaker 3: The Ox on iTunes and mix.
Speaker 19: Sure you guys a RSVP for the next R and B night Past the Ox. It's Brian Trey, Alex Vaughn, and uh Leah. But we also got our open mic people that I just want to shout out because we had a lot of great submission.
Speaker 3: I have it ready, Okay, So we.
Speaker 19: Got Nea, Monette, Al Hostel, Nina Ola, Anisia Laston, and Gifted.
Speaker 20: So I'm looking forward to seeing you guys hit the stage. I really like your record. October twentieth, Cafe.
Speaker 7: Resolu RSVP the next pasta off live with Big Nilo.
Speaker 6: Of course, now we're about to jump into the mixed. Now what you think I should do? You think I should do Old Drake since New Drake came out, like start from the beginning. I would love that think best to ever had and go back into the mixtape days.
Speaker 8: Yes, that's what we're.
Speaker 2: Gonna start the mixer.
Speaker 6: Let's do that, all right, it's the Breakfast Club. Let's get into the People's choice mixed.
Speaker 1: The Breakfast Club. Your mornings will never be the same morning.
Speaker 6: Everybody'sj NV. Charlamagne the guy. We are the Breakfast Club. Angela Raie is here our special guest host. We appreciate you, Angela Rai, thank you, thank you so much. I actually love when you come up here because we can double team Charlamage because I really don't like him. And that's I really understand how much I don't like him when you come here.
Speaker 9: No, you love him. He just has to chill out. There's a lot of light skin. Hey, he messa got beat up by a light skinned.
Speaker 7: Person when I got a light skin by two. I got beat up by two special needs kids before.
Speaker 8: So that's not going down.
Speaker 2: No, they weren't.
Speaker 8: Okay, well you got a lot of light skin.
Speaker 2: Me, No, I don't.
Speaker 7: I just listen. Here's the thing. It's not a stereotype. If it's true, every single stereotype of a light skinned man is APA.
Speaker 8: That might be a slight over generalistic.
Speaker 2: I don't think so, man, It might be.
Speaker 8: I think it might be.
Speaker 2: I don't think so well.
Speaker 7: And I don't like when light skinned women lump themselves with light skin man, because y'all way.
Speaker 9: Harder than I just believe in allyship across the board and coalition building, and I think there are too many shoes within our community to create further dissension.
Speaker 8: Let me tell you the biggest troll in this room. Everybody point to the biggest troll in.
Speaker 2: This room right there, right there.
Speaker 6: Well, let me shout to my light skinned brothers out there. Let me shout to Drake he got an album out today. Let me shout to Steph Curry. Let me shout to Chris Brown.
Speaker 8: You right here, you let me help you. Yes, shout out all the black people. That's what you could do.
Speaker 2: He's not even black. He's Dominican. I am black. I am not Dominican. The other thing, I'm not Dominican. I'm black, sir.
Speaker 9: But also some Dominicans are black, as we talked about at the top.
Speaker 2: Is true, but not one of them. He's a white Dominican.
Speaker 7: Okay, okay, you know you're ready to the vote in Florida.
Speaker 8: Okay that the Republic. No, No, I'm not.
Speaker 6: I'm about to Mental Wealth Explore.
Speaker 7: I will read eleven am to four pm at the Marriott, Marquee and Times Square, my third annual Mental Wealth Expo, a day of mental health and healing education and honor world mental health.
Speaker 2: The amazing people are gonna be.
Speaker 7: There, doctor Alfi Breeland Noble, doctor Rita Walker, Michelle Williams from the Checking In podcast, doctor j Bardinett Carton Daily. Of course, my good sister Angela Raie, just to name a few. Resmond Minicam will be there, Latham Thomas And it's a free event, you know. For more information go to Mental healthexpo dot com. We have a lot of people who registered. My mayor Elliott Connie's gonna be there. He's a psychotherapist, So yeah, we'll see you tomorrow eleven am to four pm. It's just a day of mental health and healing education. I got a sloop my man Justin Little. I'm so happy Justin's gonna be on a panel this year because Justin came to the first ever Mental Wealth ex Bowl a couple of years ago and he said the mental health expow kept him from committing suicide.
Speaker 9: Wow, I'm proud of you for doing this work every year and every day on yourself. I just wish that when you came in here in the morning that you would remember all of that good work.
Speaker 7: This is where I project as well as.
Speaker 2: This is a safe space for me.
Speaker 8: Actually that's good to make it safe for others.
Speaker 2: Not for him. Who is he making it safe for? Who would didn't be making it safe for you? Y'all don't know the envy that I know. Okay, okay, I'm a nice guy. I don't know what you're talking about.
Speaker 7: But come to the mid twelve x foot from there?
Speaker 2: A shame?
Speaker 3: How you pivoing back to that.
Speaker 7: From eleven am to four pm tomorrow at the Marriott Marquee Times Square.
Speaker 2: We'll see you tomorrow tomorrow.
Speaker 6: All right, Well, when we come back, we got the positive notice the Breakfast Club gome on morning.
Speaker 2: Everybody, It's DJ Ed and b charlamagnea God. We are the Breakfast Club.
Speaker 6: Angela Rai is here and thank you Angeloaid for joining us again.
Speaker 8: My honor.
Speaker 2: Appreciate you. Tell them where to find you are?
Speaker 9: I guess on social on social media, we have some announcements coming, but they're not quite ready. Hurry up, Leonard. But at Angela Riot Instagram if you use Twitter still, do folks do use Twitter, y'all on Twitter at Angela Underscore Rye. I'm anxious to see if this buyout is gonna happen with Twitter anyway.
Speaker 6: Yes, and also don't forget ed Sharon is coming to Iheartland at the State Farm Park in Fortnite to celebrate his album Subtract and his newest album release, Autumn Variations I had available where you get music, Iheartland and State Farm partner to create an immersive performance by Ed Sharing, my guy.
Speaker 11: Ed.
Speaker 6: State Farm is always bringing performances from the biggest names to Iheartland, but you've never seen anything like this, so don't miss this special Ed Sharing Experiences in Iheartland in Fortnite. It's available at the State Farm Park now through Monday, October ninth at three pm Eastern time. Now he's going to be performing Odds Closed Shape for you. Boat life goes on and more so. If you want more information, if you're ed Sharon fan, go to visit iHeartRadio dot com slash Fortnite to play now and to check it out, all right.
Speaker 7: And Yo, you know I sat with Ed Sharon at that event and we had a nice little conversation that's going to be on iHeartRadio's YouTube page later, So check that out, all right.
Speaker 2: We'll leave us in a positive note.
Speaker 14: Oh.
Speaker 7: The positive note is simply this, people who feel good about themselves help others feel good about themselves. Also remember that this weekend, and we'll see you tomorrow at the third Annual Mental Wealth Expo eleven am to four pm at the Marriott Marquee in Times Square.
Speaker 2: Have a good day at face cut bitches, y'll finished, or y'all dumb