Speaker 1: Wake up.
Speaker 2: Wait, wait, you guys really are like the hip hop early morning late night Talk to the.
Speaker 3: Breathless Club is the most powerful popular urban radio show.
Speaker 2: From the Black Mothership in New York City. It's DJ yem V and Charlamagne the Go.
Speaker 4: It's different.
Speaker 5: You know what I'm saying, Like, y'all know what y'all talking about.
Speaker 2: Thanks to y'all be Black five.
Speaker 6: I love y'all.
Speaker 2: Collectively known as Breakfast Club.
Speaker 5: So I'm always nervous when I do the Breakfast Club because sometimes you say stuff and it's just gonna get you a true everybody.
Speaker 4: What Good morning, Usa yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo.
Speaker 2: Yo Charlemagne de Go, Piece to the Plane. It is Monday, Yes say we have a special guest co host Jason Lee's head.
Speaker 4: What up, Jason, I'm bad? Good morning Jason Lee, Good morning all the Hollywood Unlocked viewers. What's happening?
Speaker 2: Good morning?
Speaker 7: Yeah, y'all been showing us a lot of love. I appreciate it. I'm so glad to be back and to see if that Evany K. Williams said some fire from time to time.
Speaker 4: She definitely sets it off fire, not from time to time. Every time she comes up it might still be hot. From m D. K Williams. It's funny because the salute everybody who came to the third annual Mental Wealth Sex Boat this weekend at to Marry Out. Give me a round applot for that. God damn at the Marriott Marquee and Times Square. And my man lasted, he was he was hosting one of the panels and he bought up m K not.
Speaker 2: She's been great content, she come up more regular.
Speaker 4: You're right, You're absolutely right, But no, thank you everybody who did come out to my third annual Mental Wealth Sex Vote this past Saturday at the Marry Out Marquee in Times Square. Dope fantastic event. And I hope that anybody who came gets started on their healing journey.
Speaker 7: And you really need to get your props because you got me in therapy. I'm deep in therapy right now.
Speaker 4: Elliot Khanyie was on the panel'sco therapist. That lead Kanye was on one of the panels.
Speaker 7: No, I mean, seriously, like the way when I think back of how I used to burn the Internet down you got.
Speaker 2: The list is right there? Where's the Listen?
Speaker 4: The list is right there's let me get.
Speaker 7: I've been laying it on the management at the breakfast shout out.
Speaker 2: To be the list of things you can't say is right there? Okay, my bad, because we're all works in progress.
Speaker 4: So you know, in the case you do end up burning something down, it's okay. You know, that's all. It just happens, you know. I just try not to project. I used to project a lot of my pain and my hurt onto people.
Speaker 2: You know what I mean.
Speaker 4: I like to give it a critical opinion, our analysis nowadays, but not be projecting.
Speaker 7: Yes, you know, well that's what I'm doing. I'm doing more of critical analysis.
Speaker 4: Yes, I could be pissed off the day because my cowboys got the asking last night.
Speaker 2: We'll talk about that a little bit later. I've been waiting.
Speaker 8: I might do some projective. We'll talk about that later. And shout out to everybody in Alabama state.
Speaker 9: You know.
Speaker 8: Each and every year I go on a HBCU tour where I try to go to a lot of the HBCUs and we film it and we do like a little docu series where we talk too kids and try to get more people to think about HBCUs.
Speaker 2: When they're thinking about going to college.
Speaker 8: Till Alabama State was this weekend, so salute to everybody in Alabama State. And then when I got home, I really have to learn soccer. I don't know anything about soccer. My son loves it and he's pretty good. Like they had a tournament this weekend. He scored like two goals each game. But I don't know what he's doing. I have no clue.
Speaker 2: And they're throwing penalties and flag I have no clue. I just cheer.
Speaker 7: Shout out to Catherine Brutin from being my She took me to a game in Atlanta. It's a different level energy and those fans are really I don't want to say psychotic because they're they're they're psychotic.
Speaker 2: Yes, But the kids love soccer, no, no, he love.
Speaker 8: The parents get there early, they tailgate, they have tables, they got full drinks. And it's different in football, and different in basketball, different in baseball.
Speaker 2: But I really don't know what I'm doing. I just cheer.
Speaker 7: Why there's a video I posted on Instagram where I was there and they kicked a goalie. That's when the ball goes into whatever.
Speaker 2: Kick a goalie, not a goalie goal.
Speaker 7: Touchdown, that's what touchdown. Everybody's going on to smoke the fire. The kids was screaming touchdown, touchdown.
Speaker 2: All right, I'm gonna learning.
Speaker 8: But anyway, let's get the show cracking. We got front page dudes coming up. Teland is there right, Tesling will be joining us.
Speaker 2: They don't move. It's to breakfast Club.
Speaker 8: Goo morning, Good morning everybody. It's dj Envy, Charlemagne the guy. We are the Breakfast Club. We got our guest co host Jason Lee here, and let's get in some front page news.
Speaker 2: Good morning, tears, goode.
Speaker 10: In the morning, dj Envy, Good morning, Jason Lee. And is Charlemagne the God morning.
Speaker 2: Let's run through the sports right fast.
Speaker 8: Jaguars beat the Bills yesterday, Coach beat the Titans, Saints beat the Patriots, Steelers beat the Ravens, the Lions beat the Pants, the Dolphins beat the Giants, Falcons beat the Texans, the Bengals beat the Cardinals, Eagles beat the Rims, Chiefs beat the Vikings, the Jets beat the Broncos, and the forty nine Ers washed the Cowboys forty two to ten.
Speaker 4: They washed, They wiped their ass with us.
Speaker 2: They absolutely did horrible.
Speaker 4: They definitely did. You still buying your tickets to the super Bowl? I mean sure, I mean I haven't bought him yet, but don't buy it. I still think my Dallas Cowboys going to the super Bowl? Why would I Why would I switch up on my Dallas cowboy riding with my Dallas Cowboys my whole life.
Speaker 2: I don't say switch up, but don't buy tickets to the super Bowl's gonna waste the money.
Speaker 4: Why is it gonna be there?
Speaker 2: That's true. Yeah, that's right, you're right.
Speaker 8: And tonight the Raiders take on the Packers. Now what we're starting with, there's a lot going on.
Speaker 11: Huh, there's a lot going on.
Speaker 10: First, you know, we obviously have to address the war that is now happening in Israel. You know again, UH should rest in peace of all of those victims in this heinous war this is going on. So Israel has formerly the Theclare War on Hermas set in the stage for major military operation in Gaza as fighting rages on israel soil. Tanks and personal carriers can be seen on the move near the Israel Gaza bord or Sunday after Harmas launched a surprise assault this weekend that so far killed over seven hundred people, and Saturday was the deadly day in decades for Israel. And it's came under months of surging violence between Palestinians and Israelis, with the long running conflict now heading into uncharted and dangerous new territory. Over four hundred Palestinians have been killed in Gaza as Israel response to the air strikes, President Biden condemned some moss Let's take a listen.
Speaker 12: Terrorist organization AMAS in this moment of tragedy. They want to say to them under the world in the terrorist every word, if the United States stands with Israel, we will not ever fail to have her back. We'll make sure that they have to help their citizens need and they can continue to defend themselves.
Speaker 10: Now, there was a rally yesterday in New York calling for ceasefire and peace. Leaders like Representative Bowmen and AOC will calling for peace as well. This is certainly, you know, I guess, bringing a split, you know within the Democrat Party. Political wrote an article about that on how this conflict should be handled. Activist Linda Sassower response to President Biden, let's take a listen.
Speaker 13: This is not easy to talk about. My heart breaks for all the inn Palestinian and is really lives that have been lost. Don't be distracted. Palestinians are not the enemies of Jews. Apartheid is. It is time for the United States government, once and for all, to take a stand to end this injustice. Biden shouldn't be handing over more military aid to the current extremist leaders of the State of Israel that will cause the death of thousands more. We need to call for an end to the illegal and brutal occupation of the Palestinian people and to lift the siege on Gaza. This is how we begin to solve this.
Speaker 4: M man Man tragic, tragic event. It was over eleven hundred people killed, right, yeah.
Speaker 11: Cent over seven hundred on Saturday.
Speaker 10: Yeah, that number continues to girls, Charlemagne, you correct with that, and that includes you know, again the Palestinians and also the folks in Israel. As you may have saw on the news. You know, they were talking about how this happened during a rally. You know, I'm not a rally, I'm sorry. Contact the music and just kind of came out of nowhere. So just you know, a lot going on with this. There's a lot of divide, I would say, you know, on social media on how you know this should be handled. And obviously this is a full blown out war, so more is expected to come.
Speaker 11: You can expect the United States.
Speaker 10: They've already sent over equipment to support this, and so we've just got to see, you know, what this looks like as far as Congress.
Speaker 11: And remember there is no Speaker of.
Speaker 10: The House right now, so how's that gonna work as well when you talk about sending resources.
Speaker 2: So a lot going on.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I don't know about the politics of any of this, and I don't care when you see all these humans getting killed, women, you know, kids, just innocent people. If that don't touch you in some way, shape or for me, and you ain't got no heart. You just sold this individual.
Speaker 7: And it was really crazy because there was a young girl, she was twenty three years old at this festival named Shane Luke. I think it's look, she was a German, young German lady there just to tend the festival. They beat her up, killed her, and they took pictures with her.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I mean I didn't see the pictures, but I saw her mom talking about the.
Speaker 7: Yeah, they were like carrying her around taking pictures with it. So it's really out of control, all right.
Speaker 11: We know Courty Booker also was over there as well.
Speaker 10: I know if you guys saw that, but he you know, came back safeest well he had to you seek cover and was just over there, I guess for some event. And so yeah, so this affects everybody, so we'll stay on top of.
Speaker 2: It, all right.
Speaker 8: Well that is front page news. Get it off your chest eight hundred five eight five one oh five one. If you need the vent phone lines a wide open, let us know how your weekend was again eight hundred five eight five one oh five one, call us up right now.
Speaker 2: It's the Breakfast Club. Good morning, the Breakfast Club.
Speaker 4: It's a new day. Is it your time to get it off your chest?
Speaker 2: Whether you're mad or black, time to get up and get something. Call him now. Eight hundred five eight five one five one. We want to hear from you on the Breakfast Club. Hello, who's this y'all?
Speaker 1: What's good man?
Speaker 3: This is Prince Tree from Virginia, beach Man. I just want to give some love, first of all to what you guys are doing. And and shout out Charlemagne. Man, I was at the expo, sitting front rolls there at six am. I was there early when they were setting the chairs up. Man, I was ready to help people set the chair.
Speaker 4: Energy was so amazing.
Speaker 3: Man, Sharlack Man, you you super humble bro taking all them pictures. Man, I got my quick selfie twalk through out. But man, Bro, I'm like, I'm going away. Man talking to Justin Man, he's from five Beach, I'm like, Yo, I want to serve, but I want to come. I don't care if I got a thing in the lobby doing my play ministering going into the breakout.
Speaker 14: You know.
Speaker 3: So I just need to serve. But show me how to do that. Man, I can join pass our water next year. Man, it was the energy. That's great, Bro.
Speaker 4: Absolutely next year, we definitely get you down as a volunteer. Man, I'm gonna put your so Eddie can get your information. We're gonna definitely put you down as a volunteer. Thank you for coming, brother.
Speaker 1: Mirkout Man.
Speaker 3: I love you boys, I'm telling you Man, you you truly man King.
Speaker 1: I'm yes, sir, Hello, who's this hey?
Speaker 4: Good morning, sewing Stone, What up?
Speaker 11: Brother.
Speaker 4: I'm good, brother, Shohnstone was and in my guy.
Speaker 14: I'm good brother.
Speaker 4: Congratulations on your mentor well feminon, thank you brother.
Speaker 14: Appreciate that.
Speaker 15: Man.
Speaker 4: Jason Lee, good morning? What up? How are you feeling this morning?
Speaker 7: Sir Rested?
Speaker 4: I'm good? How are you?
Speaker 16: I'm good too, man, I'm up rocking's like you're ready for That's what it is.
Speaker 1: Jason.
Speaker 7: I ain't gonna lie.
Speaker 2: I'm in my mental health process, but I am cocked and loaded. He called him to see how he loves when you're up here. But Jason, you can see Jason, can you go? Can you really tell me?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 7: Since I'm always like it's always maybe like, good morning, how are you?
Speaker 2: God blessed?
Speaker 1: Sam?
Speaker 17: Damn Jason, we're going to be on des so something that don't got no problem with you know, manly, I like you, Jason Lee.
Speaker 15: You know what I mean?
Speaker 1: But a.
Speaker 2: Waiting Jason, wait for I like you.
Speaker 4: But there's no other shoe dropping.
Speaker 2: He just said he likes you.
Speaker 9: That's all.
Speaker 2: Jason.
Speaker 18: I just want to ask you a question.
Speaker 2: Here we go, Sorry, Jason, where before he got see what I'm saying? Correct question? Question? Everybody trying to keep.
Speaker 1: It ahead sir, so I just started and you too.
Speaker 17: It's called stor TV s C A N S t O n E TV.
Speaker 1: I just ed to check it out, you know what I mean.
Speaker 17: I'm doing my thing talking about pop culture and I love you.
Speaker 18: That's all, Bro.
Speaker 7: That positive, that's positive. I'm gonna check it out.
Speaker 1: Thank you, sir.
Speaker 4: Hold on heavy.
Speaker 1: Yes, I'm gonna sock a dad too.
Speaker 4: Bro.
Speaker 17: Say, if you want to learn tacters with me, you know my son.
Speaker 19: Chase nine year okay, chapter, I would love to link up with you too, Envy, me and my son and your team go and play some scy together, man, and we can learn the game to get I can teach you a matter of fact, yeah I don't.
Speaker 8: Yeah, we can do it bout some your son at the call, so yeah, we can do that because I don't be knowing what's been going on by some score and I'm like, guys, I have no idea.
Speaker 17: You just whatever you get to, you know what I mean, and shot name and stuff like that. And with the ball going about sometime sometimes you start to throw it there, you know what I mean. So it's it's a different type of rules fast. Well, I have to teach you, bro.
Speaker 8: Alright, brother, say plus get it off your chest eight hundred five eighty five one five one. If you need to vent, hit us up now. It's the Breakfast Club. Good morning, the Breakfast Club. Wait, this is your time to get.
Speaker 2: It off your chest. Eight hundred five five five one. We want to hear from you on the breakfast Club.
Speaker 4: Hello. Who's this?
Speaker 19: Hey?
Speaker 14: Hey you on?
Speaker 18: This is Will?
Speaker 4: Will?
Speaker 2: What's up getting off your chest?
Speaker 4: Will?
Speaker 18: Yeah? Man's one. Cass say, I definitely appreciate how you guys over you try to put a light on everything.
Speaker 1: You know.
Speaker 18: I'm a father. It's like you dj MV from Remburg, South Carolina, just like you, uh doctor Charlotte.
Speaker 4: South Carolina. What's happening?
Speaker 18: Yeah, right across from Rapting Creek Elementary School. Okay, yeah, so basically like you know, just get up a test that you know, I lost my job recently. Uh you know, my my kids. My son has an illness that you know started staying Filipino syndrome, which is like like child basically child dementia.
Speaker 2: Hmm.
Speaker 18: It's a it's a it's a situation whereas though you're your metabolous who can't break down carbohydrates, pos of sugar deposits that that damage is your final cord and also bring damage as well too.
Speaker 4: That's harm. Bro.
Speaker 18: Yeah, So basically just trying to just keep afloat, you know, my marriage everything, and so it was just like you know, you t about mental health. It's it's real, you know, you know. I'm just it's almost like being a Bible, like the Book of Joe, Yes, sir, you know, trying to keep trying to keep your faith. Just just this actually for prayer, just for you know, the hopefully I can find something soon to try to help out, you know, getting situ with it.
Speaker 4: My family definitely gonna send the prayer for you, my brother. I mean that's in silly.
Speaker 18: Oh thank you.
Speaker 4: All right, brother, your head king expect see what you're going through it man, I'm telling you. Do you take your problems and put them on the table, and you put somebody else problems, I bet you'll snatch us back.
Speaker 1: Hello, who's this James?
Speaker 2: Hey, James, get it off your chest?
Speaker 4: All right?
Speaker 14: Yeah, I just wanted to put this out there on first good morning selling well. Well we're probably doing well, but I didn't used to put this out there. Man, money is not the end all, be all.
Speaker 15: It is a tool.
Speaker 18: We use it to get the goods and services that we need.
Speaker 15: And that's it. That's there's nothing special about it. If it was, there wouldn't be so many people that are well financially, well well well off financially that commit suicide and stuff like that. You know, it's I don't know, man, what I guess. I'm just saying that.
Speaker 1: You know, people put too much into it.
Speaker 4: You're saying it right talking to bill collectors.
Speaker 14: No, No, I'm putting it out in general, just people that seeing the state that if you have all this money's your license automatically gonna be better.
Speaker 1: And that's not true.
Speaker 2: You're right, that was what said, right brother.
Speaker 4: Well, yeah, I just.
Speaker 15: Want to put it out there. I don't know who needed to hear it.
Speaker 14: I just now he's out there.
Speaker 4: You're absolutely right. Your life will be better in certain aspects, especially if you have debt and stuff like that. But anything that you're dealing with internally, like you know, your actual happiness is not gonna be predicated on said money.
Speaker 2: No, not at all.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 7: I didn't believe that before. Somebody with a lot of money told me that you're not gonna be happy when you get all this money, and they when.
Speaker 4: You made twenty million, and you see what's going You see million, you got to go to their fifteen.
Speaker 8: Get it off your chest eight undrink five eighty five, one oh five one. If you need to vent, hit us up now. Now we got rooms on the way. Give us a little tease.
Speaker 7: I mean, you know, Joe Budden and Drake going back and forth got me questioning who from my community is writing these texts?
Speaker 2: Ok what you know?
Speaker 7: Because it came about the clap back than the gays. I'm not saying thathing, but I'm saying.
Speaker 8: Okay, all right, we'll get to that next. It's the Breakfast Club. Good morning, the Breakfast Club. Good morning everybody. It's DJ n V Charlamagne, the guy. We are the Breakfast Club.
Speaker 4: Let me tell you something. I went to Scizzor concert just past Friday, but you didn't go.
Speaker 18: Yeah.
Speaker 4: I went to siss A concert at the ball Player because my daughter is a huge Scissor fans. Luthor Tde and baby Sam at RCA records for the hospitality. But how come folks are talking about the production on the Scissor Show. I know, Tailing Beyonce been out all year, but.
Speaker 2: Killed it's tall? What really?
Speaker 4: Oh my god, it's very cinematic. Wow. I'll leave it at that for those who haven't seen it yet, but it's very very cinematic. It's a theme all the way through. It's the beginning, it's the middle of this end and the production is stellar. Prop of the clues bom for scizzor.
Speaker 2: Alright, but let's get to the room. As Jason Lee is here.
Speaker 4: Y'all, jeez, do not be alarm. Good morning, Jason Lane.
Speaker 5: I'm don't want one.
Speaker 4: All the Hollywood unlocked yours? What's happening?
Speaker 10: Don't even waste your time trying to compete with men?
Speaker 4: This is the room a report.
Speaker 2: I knew I can talk on the Breakfast Club.
Speaker 1: I ain't.
Speaker 2: I'm in my mental process, but I am cocked a little bit.
Speaker 1: Yo.
Speaker 2: I need that Taylor, Yeah, Taylor, I need to take that with me.
Speaker 4: This man, Jason at least switching intros like Beyonce.
Speaker 7: Me and Taylor actually plotted this yesterday. But anyway, moving right along, Joe Budden and a lot of people were in the news because they're the latest people to criticize Drake. As you know, Drake dropped a new album for the Dogs. Ain't got nothing to do with me. But in case you missed what Joe Budden had to say, some people even call him a hater. This is what he said.
Speaker 16: I missed the Drake that was rapping for the rappers. I missed the drake that when he dropped, the rappers hit him. Not these little kids. I don't give a fuck about you in Constantnett. That's gonna sound like, hey, go find some your age, hang out with them.
Speaker 2: This kid not what keep that's the game he playing. I gotta play this game, the old.
Speaker 4: Streaming music and buying it. Joe, no dog.
Speaker 16: All that y'all saying for me applies to the field I have long before called this golden child. Different set of rules applied. He's him. He is not one of them that y'all telling me about. I don't hold him there.
Speaker 19: In the glow.
Speaker 16: I do what I want, and that's what's going to be popping.
Speaker 4: Now.
Speaker 7: Listen, Drake somehow must have heard this, because we all did. And Drake clapback. Now, I have to tell you, I know that they said that what was that one ghostwriter that they said was writing back in the day Okay, well, I don't know if he wrote this clapback, but maybe one of my one of my sisters did. He said, quote, Joe Budden, you had failed at music. You left it behind to do what you are doing in this clip because this is what actually paid your bills. For any artist watching this, just remember you are watching a failure give their opinion on his idea of what a recipe for success. A quitter gives their opinion on how to chieve long you switch careers. No, yeah, he switched careers because the things that pop in your brain had you broke living check to check and then in the raps you right, had four hundred and fifty men showing up to your shows and Duste and Nie James and pretend that you rare to go. Joe's simple response was you'll grow up sooner or later. I don't know what do you think.
Speaker 4: I was watching some of the criticism of Drake's album this weekend. I don't know if it's the fairest, but he is held to a different standard because of the high levels. I mean, the reality of the high levels of criticism you get is that it comes with the territory of the rare air that he's in, you know, but it feels very reminiscent of Lebron critique, Like I think folks want Drake to be jay Z just like they want Bron to be Jordan, and would never truly appreciate either one of them if we keep comparing them to those individuals. So it's the ultimate compliment to be mentioned and compared to those icons. But it's an impossible hurdle to overcome.
Speaker 8: Yeah, I agree, Drake is not jay Z. Drake is not NAS. Drake takes himself outside of that box, right because when Drake first came out, he was a rap right, and he rapped and then he started he.
Speaker 4: Always wrapped in. He always rapped and sang. He always did that always.
Speaker 2: Well he started, he didn't do full singing songs at first. He did now his first mixtape, No, he didn't when he first came out of his rapping.
Speaker 4: Win come Back Season so far on. He was always rapping.
Speaker 8: When he first came out with that mix, saying people love the fact that Drake rapp and they compared him to jay Z because he can spit. When he started doing songs and started doing I guess like those poppyist songs where he was singing and all that. People started saying, oh, he's not jay Z, He's not this, but he takes himself out of the box and he experiences and do things that other artists won't do.
Speaker 2: Now is that my cup of tea? Do I like Drake when he does that?
Speaker 20: No?
Speaker 2: I like the rapping Drake. But somebody who's.
Speaker 4: Drake wasn't saying not like that. I mean, best I ever had was damn near a whole R and B song, But what are you talking about?
Speaker 8: But it was still rapping on it though, but it wasn't a full R and B song. He does full R and B songs now.
Speaker 7: I thought he always did that. But see, this is a fair criticism. A lot of people are lying of saying Joe Budden's just being a hater. Now I'm in therapy, so I'm trying to be more positive. But to me, the anger and the frustration his voice didn't sound warranted. I do say, you know, music nowadays very differ than what you all are talking about when you live in a TikTok world. If jay Z came out with a song today, he would be dancing on TikTok.
Speaker 2: He better know he jay Z wouldn't.
Speaker 8: I'm saying in order to compete and be talked about it. I don't think he would compete. I think, like I said, my daughter old and she likes, she loves Drake. She loves that type of Drake. She loves to singy song.
Speaker 2: I don't. I come from a different ever, I'm not that person.
Speaker 4: But that's when I was saying that. People call me a hater. I've been saying that forever. I never not said that, but I've never not I've always said I love rapping Drake. I don't like Drake singing. I've always said that. But I'm a hate but he's hated.
Speaker 7: He said you was a hater too that at some point, right, I'm sure they sent your champagne I made up wait anyway, Look, Drake, I don't know who wrote that clap back for you, but I'm available if you need my pen, now I do.
Speaker 4: I do hear the critique of folks who say they want Drake to go deeper on the subject matter, though, you know what I mean. I think early in his career that's why people gravitated towards him, because he told you about how he feels now it's like, you know, all you hear about is what he's what he's got.
Speaker 7: So I understand people that said they want him to go deeper on the subject. And I mean, I've known Drake before he started rapping with his acting. So to watch his career go from like where he was as an actor all the way to where he is with class and grace and be able to do it to the degree that is, I have a certain amount of respect for him.
Speaker 1: That is.
Speaker 4: I mean, you gotta applaud your longevity. You gotta applaud the consistency, and you gotta applaud the fact that people still care.
Speaker 7: Yeah, they do well. People that are not applauding is the Navy. Rihanna's fans are upset, and so is it Esmarza fans. I guess they found about three as Moran as Moranza. I don't know. She's the girl that was hanging around with Prince when he was live. Anyway, she plays the cello. He is confusing me.
Speaker 2: I'm confused, But.
Speaker 7: You know who esmar Fading is. No, well, Drake does he wants she want to Grammy When he he thought he should have won, he came out with some lyrics that made her fans upset. This is what he said, go home, that took.
Speaker 21: Patience, Well, Grammy's till my name and nations as moranzaspad and what's getting out of praises. I'm trying to keep it on, but I'm trying to keep it gracious.
Speaker 2: We'll give him some hell.
Speaker 21: Obama puts you on a playlist, then we never hit from you like it was taken. Who to SEEO with you and upers so they must taking because Google saying Lucien but that just doesn't make sense.
Speaker 7: So I don't know her either. Her name is Esperanza. See nobody cares. People are mad saying that they felt like he was attacking a black woman by saying that, and then it led into some more lyrics where he said this about Rihanna.
Speaker 21: Why they make it sound like I'm still hung up on yo. That could never be. Y'all can run me better, ain't and me that is not me. I'm anti Manti yeah, and a sess with average with you yeah Auntie, because I had it with you, yeah, Antie like your daddy's sister, Antie like a family picture. And I am really bad as they Antvhea Damn man, he's still with you. He can't y'all go on vacation. I bet it's Auntie.
Speaker 2: Let me still, what's wrong Antiga?
Speaker 7: I just think taking a shot at react, he's playing an anti game. But listen, I love Drake. I gave him all this proces. But this is where I have to say he's a hater. I just think it's sad anybody that loses. Rihanna lost period and I know she's listening. That's it. He lost. I think you take an l of you lose Rihanna. Uh, there was that Rihanna Denny. There was an error where they were allegedly dating. Well, her choreographer took a shot at him and posted on her Instagram a photo of Rihanna and Drake where remember where he tried to kiss her in the words show you.
Speaker 2: Missed all that and she kind of pulled off on him.
Speaker 7: Yeah, she pulled off on him. And so I mean people that were you know, he's going viral for that. People were saying he was a hater. So but also like what.
Speaker 8: We just said, you know, you said you want him to talk more substance in his lyrics and things that he's feeling and things that's going through.
Speaker 2: So but when he does it, we say he's he's soft and he's weak.
Speaker 7: But you're taking a shot at Rihanna whilech she just had her second.
Speaker 8: Get a shot because it's a player on ANTI and.
Speaker 7: I've never been there.
Speaker 4: I go to.
Speaker 8: And they got good tax lows. But I mean, like the same thing with s Bronsa. You know, he felt he should have won that Grammy. He's saying how he felt.
Speaker 2: But then when we.
Speaker 8: Say how he feeled, all he's acting soft? So do we not want him to talk about his feelings of how he feels.
Speaker 4: They want Drink to have the energy had in that ig post and they wanted to be in raps and they wanted to be aimed at men. That's what they want.
Speaker 2: Yeah, why would you take a shot at how do you win? Is that what rappers do?
Speaker 15: I don't know.
Speaker 7: What do you take shot at women that left you or that you're in a relationship that failed.
Speaker 4: Or Yeah, it's been going on at the beginning the press his feelings.
Speaker 7: Nas ain't spoke out about Callice and you know what she said.
Speaker 4: Yes he did not that the whole damn album?
Speaker 2: What are you talking about?
Speaker 7: Not in response to hers coming on my show saying he beat her. I don't know, I never heard that, that's the response. Wait, I never eve heard that before. No, no hunt, get that clip next, Jesus Christ.
Speaker 8: Jason Lee's here, Ladies and gentlemen, all right, and that is your room and report now when we come back. We got front page news. Testling figure over here, so don't move. It's to Breakfast Club. Good morning, the Breakfast Club. Your mornings will never be the same. Good morning, everybody. It's DJ Envy, Charlamagne the God. We are the Breakfast Club. We got Jason Lee our special guest co host, and let's getting some front page news. What up, tairs, what's going on? Dj NB, Jason and Charlemagne to.
Speaker 2: God through some quick sports.
Speaker 18: Now.
Speaker 8: The Jaguars beat the Bills last night, Coach beat the Titans. Saints bet the Patriots, Stealers beat the Ravens, the Lions beat the Panthers, the Giants lost to the Dolphins, Falcons beat the Texas, Bengals beat the Cardinals, the Eagles beat the Rams. She's beat the Vikings, Jets beat the Broncos. Forty nine Ers washed the Cowboys. Oh disgusting to me gold and tonight the Raiders take on the Green Bay Packers.
Speaker 2: Now let's jump right into it. Today is Columbus Day? Correct, Well, it's.
Speaker 10: Actually Indigenous People's Day. Just depends on what states you live in. Some recognize it still as Columbus some recognize as Indigenous People's Day. It's actually the most inconsistent of US holiday. It is in transition that as more states and cities embrace of the Indigenous People Day. President Joe Biden in twenty twenty two he signed a proclamation recognizing it as Indigenous People's Day. But despite the proclamation, the Plumber's Day is still a federal holiday in many states, and Peter Research shows the public paid holiday is still exclusively celebrated as College Umba's Day in sixteen states.
Speaker 11: Rinaldo Morales, the.
Speaker 10: Assistant professor at Northwestern University, said, it's very important that we understand how celebrating Columbus Day is insensitive and what kind of impact it has on Native Americans or indigenous communities. Now, just a couple of little facts, and for those you can go look up that Pew research report.
Speaker 11: It's really interesting.
Speaker 10: But main New Mexico, Vermont in DC all renamed the day as Indigenous People's Day in twenty nineteen and retained it as an official holiday.
Speaker 11: And then two states I wanted to point out that are you.
Speaker 10: Really do a big Texas in twenty twenty one they declared the entire second week in October as Indigenous People's Week and in Oklahoma the state flag that includes a peace pipe in olive French. A lot of people don't know that the state that recognizes thirty nine Native American tribes, they have also obviously called it Indigenous People's Day and they have a day for every tribe. So still a day up for discussion on social media.
Speaker 7: To sum it up, everybody's mad because we're celebrating robbery.
Speaker 4: Robbery, murder, genocide.
Speaker 2: So what it is at federal holiday?
Speaker 8: Meaning banks are closed, yes they are, so some schools are open though, Like I know my kids' schools they have school today.
Speaker 4: They don't celebrate at the school.
Speaker 2: But I know certain colleges they have off.
Speaker 10: Yeah, in some public schools like in Texas, they are off today. And then some people have used like a floating holiday. It just depends on you know, like where you are. So some employees that said, let's just add on a floating holiday. Some schools have just decided to take another break, you know, So it just kind of depends. This is still a new thing, you know, changing this around you guys may remember on social media people would say Indigenous People's Day for years, but I don't know how many people realize states are actually moving, you know, to that as a real holiday and real change. Even in Columbus, Ohio, you know, they've they've changed some stuff around.
Speaker 4: What if folks said, look, you're right, Columbus Day is offensive, let's all go to work, let's all go to school. Would they still want that or would they say, no, let's call it Indigenous people Days. We can still have the day off.
Speaker 2: People went the day off, people went to day off.
Speaker 8: Let's be honest, Columbus Day Indigenous people. They people don't want to go to work today, and I know, I'm sure students don't want.
Speaker 2: To go to school at the end of the day.
Speaker 20: M hm.
Speaker 4: Truthfully speaking, the only people that really should have to day off of the Native of America. That's the true after reality the situation. If it's national Indigenous people.
Speaker 7: There, well on June teenth, do people get at my Hollywood like you don't get the day out, but it's junior team. Black folks get today.
Speaker 2: We do here, we do it. So in that day it should be just black people people, white.
Speaker 4: People work, That's right.
Speaker 11: Yeah, and that just became a federal holiday on last year as well. So would you say white people should go to work?
Speaker 7: No, white people are gonna benefit from everything, period.
Speaker 2: Now let's talk about Georgia. This this seems pretty dope.
Speaker 8: Now they're gonna be the first state that's gonna sell marijuana in pharmacies.
Speaker 11: Yeah, dope, literally and figuratively.
Speaker 10: Georgia will soon become the first state in the nation to offer medical marijuana products at independent pharmacies. I hit up my brother Michael Rinda yesterday on this one, so you know this is something he's excited about. The Georgia Board of Pharmacy began accepting applications this week, and nearly one hundred and twenty pharmacies have already agreed to provide the medication. Now, medical marijuana is only available to Georgians with approved who are approved through a physician to treat severe illness illness including seizures, terminal cancer, parkinson disease, and post traumatic stress. It is a low THC oil that can contain no more than five percent to thc, the compound that gives users a high.
Speaker 2: Oh, so they're not gonna be selling bud. They're gonna be selling oils.
Speaker 11: Right, it's still medical marijuana. Are you disappointed?
Speaker 8: Not that they were gonna be selling bud, which I think is great because that way, when people can go get their blood pressure medicine, they can go get their medical marijuana to helps them out in this situation. You know, I mean so I thought that would have been dope, but I didn't know it was just oil, all.
Speaker 7: Right, cause you're looking good over there.
Speaker 11: Thank you, Thank you.
Speaker 20: Yeah.
Speaker 2: I don't know what else to say.
Speaker 4: I I was just waiting.
Speaker 11: Yeah, that's what it is.
Speaker 7: You got that background all because it's a man over there over there, test damn Jason.
Speaker 2: Jason, Well, thank you, tis no problem.
Speaker 11: Sorry I didn't have more on.
Speaker 7: Pharmacy.
Speaker 4: And make sure you subscribe to Teddling Figures podcast. It's great shot and no chase of podcasts on the Black Effect. iHeart Radio podcast network and follow at Teslin Figure on all social media platforms.
Speaker 8: All right, now, when we come back eight hundred five eight five one five one. We're talking tea up Maori, so if you if you're just joining us. We were talking behind the scenes about something that Ta Mowory said about men courting, and this is what she said, people just.
Speaker 22: Don't court each other anymore. And this person was like, well, you know, that's just that's old news. Like people, people just don't do that anymore. There's just this whole new way of doing, like you mentioned, tradition, you know, and I think that's where it kind of needs to go back to, you know, where you know, a man is courting a woman and showing her, you know, how much he appreciates her and wants her and loves her or wants to be with her. They have this mentality right off the bat that there is someone else, do you know what I mean, like they're there could be someone else.
Speaker 2: Is that they're the prize? Yes, we're talking DP get into it.
Speaker 20: Oh my god, that the man is the problem.
Speaker 2: Man is the price.
Speaker 20: Yes, I'm talking loud.
Speaker 4: Yes, I wonder because most of the people who still caught old and married, they're already in relationships.
Speaker 2: No, I wouldn't say that. I mean, yeah, yeah, I still caught my wife and I still buy her flowers and bring her food and things like that.
Speaker 4: Ain't talking about you, you off the market.
Speaker 8: But my daughter is twenty one years old and she has a boyfriend and he still caught her.
Speaker 2: He gives he just you know, brings.
Speaker 4: Down you more than anything. You games, wanting to play one on one with you.
Speaker 8: For god, he does take you to the games, and yes we do play one on one. But he brings my daughter flowers. They last night they went to a restaurant in Edgewater. And you know, he he.
Speaker 2: Does his thing. He courts it like he's supposed to.
Speaker 8: So when it comes to being the quote unquote gift, Yes, that's what I tell my daughter.
Speaker 2: To make sure somebody wants you to.
Speaker 4: Young though I'm talking about one. That's what I said, t is how old older she's older. I'm saying most of the people that she's probably looking at court, they probably already taken. They probably married and in relationships.
Speaker 7: That's not the issue. This year is this year she was married for fifteen years to a man who on the outside optically looked like they had the perfect situation. They had two kids, two successful careers. I've been to their home, beautiful home, and then all of a sudden, it abruptly came to an end and nobody knows why. And now you're out here in these social media streets after fifteen years of marriage, looking for somebody to court you when you can slide in and get that pink and brown as you know what, at any time of the day, and they don't want you like that. Your career ain't where it was. We don't know what the money looking like. She's still cute is, but she's not Tia Maori fifteen years ago. And these streets is dry.
Speaker 2: But you don't think there's somebody for somebody.
Speaker 4: Drive.
Speaker 7: That's all you got out of this, That's that's the only thing you want. Corey invited me. Why would call friends? I love both of them. I'm just you know you're asking me to I mean, I'm just here to give my opinion. I mean, you know, the flowers that she's probably gonna get are going to be when she drives by the freeway and there's a little lautenol lady out there to hand or some out of a bucket. It ain't what it used to be in these streets. Tomow. Maybe you're in a situation where you've been in for some years, like you have a great relationship, you do, Yeah, I been how long you've been in a relationship.
Speaker 2: I've been in my relationship twenty eight years, twenty nine years.
Speaker 7: How long you've been in twenty five? She gave that up for what she got now.
Speaker 4: But that's what I'm saying. The older people she probably looking for, but they were still caught. They in relationship, they married, all right.
Speaker 8: But I'm sure there's some forty year old people that's not in a relationship that will be looking to date her that still knows that they have to court.
Speaker 7: Kodak Black right over there in Florida.
Speaker 4: Black ain't forty plus.
Speaker 7: No, but he's single, ain't he?
Speaker 2: At this point?
Speaker 7: Just take what you could get, Tia, you get Lliam J.
Speaker 2: Said, let's talk about it. Eight hundred and five eighty five, one oh five.
Speaker 8: What are your thoughts? What do you think about what Tiamori said? Let's discuss.
Speaker 2: It's the Breakfast Lug, Good Morning, the break first Club.
Speaker 23: It's topic time well eight hundred five eight five five one to join into the discussion with the Breakfast Club.
Speaker 5: Morning.
Speaker 8: Everybody's DJ Envy Charlamagne the gud We are to Breakfast Club Jason Lee, is he how special guest co host? Now, we were talking earlier eight hundred and five eight five one five one. We were talking about TM Mowory and this is what she said about men courting.
Speaker 22: People just don't court each other anymore. And this person was like, well, you know, that's just that's old news. Like people, people just don't do that anymore. There's just this whole new way of doing, like you mentioned, tradition, you know, and I think that's where it kind of needs to go back to, you know, where you know, a man is courting a woman and showing her, you know, how much he appreciates her and wants her and loves her or wants to be with her. They have this mentality right off the bat that there is someone else, do you know what I mean?
Speaker 20: Like they're there could be someone else.
Speaker 4: Is that they're the prize? Yes, we're talking DP.
Speaker 2: Get into it.
Speaker 20: Oh my god, that the man is the price.
Speaker 2: Man is the price?
Speaker 20: Yes, I'm talking loud, yes, so.
Speaker 8: Ask an eight hundred and five eighty five, one oh five one. What are your thoughts, Jason? I mean, everybody should feel like they're the prize. I want to feel like I'm the prize. I want to make you feel like you're the prize. Were both going to be the prize because we should be the winning team. I don't know why one person should feel like they're a prize over the other, why that should even be a debate. But at the same time, I also feel like when you have what appears to be a successful marriage and you choose to be out here in these streets, and streets are cold, and if you get the chills, it is what it is.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I agree. I don't understand why we can't both feel like we're special. You know what I'm saying. If you the prize, I'm the prize to you special, I'm special. Let's be special together. And I do think you know emiey K. Williams was up here and she said, you know something to the effect of in the eyes of some men, you know, when you get older, you know, after you don't have some kids and you out here single, and the eyes eyes of some men, your value isn't isn't the same? You know what I mean?
Speaker 2: Because I think men still court.
Speaker 4: They just choose the court based on how they perceive your value. I think I think I believe.
Speaker 9: Yeah.
Speaker 2: I mean, boy, I've been married with twenty two years, twenty three years, and I still caught my wife. Don't nobody care. I'm gonna tell you why that makes sense.
Speaker 8: I still caught my wife regardless, and because I could still continue to court my wife. My kids said, And I have four daughters, and my daughters know that they need to be filled special.
Speaker 2: Don't take my daughters for granted.
Speaker 8: And my sons know that when they're dealing with a woman or their girlfriend, to make them feel special in the court them and to make them feel a certain way.
Speaker 2: And they're twenty something years old.
Speaker 8: Yeah, but her boyfriend courts her like I tell you the other day, like her boyfriend brought her home flowers.
Speaker 4: But they twenty something. I think still any relationship regardless. I agree we should encourage the men to still caught. But I think what Tea is saying, as a forty something year old woman, it is very hard to still get courted like she did back in the day because the people in her age demographic don't seem to be on that. That's what it's sounds like. She's saying.
Speaker 7: I think you said something interesting. I want hopefully people caught it because I see DDG and Halle and he courts her and she and whatever. But so it's still there. But you said it based on the perceived value.
Speaker 4: Well, she's older, now, she's she's older. She just coming out of a relationship. She's probably looking for men her age. Men her age are probably either married already in relationships, or they probably feel like I ain't with all of that.
Speaker 2: I'm sure I can't deal.
Speaker 4: With my colecterol, my blood pressure and caught you we're gonna be together? Were not right?
Speaker 2: But I'm sure there's some men her age that are still caught where they at?
Speaker 4: She loostening into the radio like that, right now?
Speaker 2: There where they at?
Speaker 4: That's the whole point she was trying to make on that podcast.
Speaker 2: Where they at?
Speaker 7: Though Drake's dad is single. We were talking about Drake earlier. Isn't he singles?
Speaker 4: Old school pimping? Ain't no baby, that's the old school Memphis pimping, All right, ain't no callting happening over there?
Speaker 2: Hello? Who's this?
Speaker 20: Hi?
Speaker 24: It's me with you with mom.
Speaker 2: They whiskey, good morning.
Speaker 11: Good morning to talk to us.
Speaker 2: What's your So?
Speaker 25: My thought is there is no such thing according anymore, everyone is instantly gratified, especially when you grow online dating and swipe bless the right and get exactly what they're looking for. So there's like my ownport fix.
Speaker 2: I'm telling you she's swiping right too.
Speaker 20: Well.
Speaker 25: My my situation is that I had to make a pack of an agreement because at this point in my life there's no point of having a relationship. No one sook the time to get to know each other anymore. No one does it, no one does the nice sweet things anymore. Women have to drive themselves to their dates because they don't know if they're going to meet a creeper, and.
Speaker 13: They should be able to.
Speaker 24: Walk away as fact as possible. So I have an agreement with my.
Speaker 25: Friend, if you want to say so so, and it seems to work for me and it works for him, and I'm happy.
Speaker 24: But what I do is on mom cocktails, I discuss about on dating and the safety precosses that women and men have to take, and also advise people to take the time to get to know each other. But in these days, you know, within five.
Speaker 25: Minutes nobody else is gonna smash or you know, if this is something that's next.
Speaker 4: Week, grown you're a grown woman twenty six years old, like she don't got time for nothing else.
Speaker 8: But even if she's swiping left for right and she's going out to a date, you still want somebody to make you feel good. Even though I picked you were going on a date. Shouting the guy say, you know what, I'm gonna bring some flowers in that date.
Speaker 4: You're gonna do at that point is shut up. The only thing he could do is talk his way out the drawers. At that point, that woman is forty six years old. She knows what she want, how she wanted, when she wants, and to keep her sherself.
Speaker 7: Apps fifteen years ago, I don't know if they had apps like they have today.
Speaker 2: No, it's different. Hello, who's this?
Speaker 4: Hello? Yo?
Speaker 15: What's up this?
Speaker 24: Yeah?
Speaker 15: What's up?
Speaker 1: Man?
Speaker 26: Can y'all hear me?
Speaker 27: Yeah?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 2: What's your name?
Speaker 21: Bob?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 26: This is Bobby out of the five one three?
Speaker 15: Man?
Speaker 26: Yo, Charlottemagne, come on, man, you a mental health guy.
Speaker 4: This is an easy one talking.
Speaker 26: How can y'all sit here to support guys going out of their way to make their whole self esteem based off of how a woman sees them, based off of what they do for come on.
Speaker 4: Man, hold on, I say that again.
Speaker 1: I get it.
Speaker 26: I mean, so it's ritual. It's a lot of rituals out there. Like somebody seems they say God bless you just because I want to get to know you. Now I gotta submit to a society's idea or what I should be and how I should do it, even if if that's the cost of my own self esteem.
Speaker 4: Come on, man, I'm confused at what you're saying right now, my brother, like, why would that cost the man is self esteem just because he's showing a woman how he feels about her or vice versus.
Speaker 26: Okay, so it's nothing wrong with showing how somebody feels about you. But I think the deeper effect of that is what am I words to you. I think I think the system leads to people being looked at at ATM machines being looked at as sources of admiration and sources of energy versus.
Speaker 4: Oh, I get what you're saying. Now, listen, I agree with you, But you know, Ebie K Williams did say that, you know, there is a point where she feels like some men start to look at women as if they have less value. I think women do the same thing the men. But I think that what we're saying up here today is that we're all special, like we're all surprises. If I'm special, you special, Let's be special together. But all I'm simply saying is when people are older, they just don't got time for all of the red tape. They want to get to it. You know what I'm saying, Either we're gonna be together or were not. Either we're gonna sleep together or were not. But with all the courting.
Speaker 8: Or all that being said, don't you still want to court somebody on both sides. Don't you still want to make that person feel special? Like I look at my parents. My parents are in the eighties. They still court each other. My dad's still but it doesn't matter. But that's what I learned. Even if I wasn't married, I would still court because that's what's in my blood, what I was taught, what I learned, what I see.
Speaker 4: You say that, but God forbid, you know, God forbid you end up in a divorce or something like that.
Speaker 2: At fifty some years old, you might.
Speaker 8: Not have that in you know, I'm still gonna court because I still want to make somebody. I still like that feeling. I still love love and that's part of love.
Speaker 7: Court now on behalf of my community. We do we do not court. We we get straight to it. But I will say this is the first time in my it's the first time in many years that I'm actually talking to somebody now that I've spent four months courting. I guess who'll be sending you all on flowers, Jason Rihanna.
Speaker 4: You're courting somebody, Yeah I am.
Speaker 7: But I will say now, I do see the difference because I'm there's a long term investment for me in it now.
Speaker 2: But that doesn't it feel But doesn't it feel more special? Purpose? Purpose is sexier and love feels like stronger.
Speaker 7: But it also comes with daily threats too, because if I'm wasting all this time, it's gonna be a problem.
Speaker 4: I do understand what the last caller was saying, because it does feel kind of transactional, right, what you mean, like I got to do all of these things for you, just for you?
Speaker 7: But it's okay to makes somebody feel like they have value to you, right, it's okay.
Speaker 4: Well, does that have to come through transactions that can't just come through conversation?
Speaker 7: Depends on what your love language is.
Speaker 4: It depends on what your love language is.
Speaker 8: And it doesn't have to be super duper expensive. It could be something as small as your favorite food. It's jerk chicken and white rice. Let me bring you a plate to jerk chicken around.
Speaker 4: They don't know you, though, what I'm saying. Just because I bring you these things, I still don't know you. I would prefer the conversation. I would prefer to sit down and talk to you and building you and know what you're thinking, know what you're feeling. Like just giving me stuff and taking me places.
Speaker 2: That's cool.
Speaker 8: But it could be something small, like if I'm out of town and I buy you a mug because I'm like talking about.
Speaker 7: Gying, or just do like the games and just move right in. If it don't work out, bam. Now you don't do that. But let's talk about it more. Eight hundred and five eighty five one oh five to one.
Speaker 2: It's the Breakfast Club. Good morning. It's topic time.
Speaker 23: Called eight hundred five five one to join into the discussion with the Breakfast Club.
Speaker 2: Talk about it morning, everybody. It's DJ Envy Charlamagne the guy.
Speaker 8: We are the Breakfast Club nowphew, just joining us with talking about Ta Mowory. She was talking about courting and Jason Lee is here and this is what Tim Mowory.
Speaker 22: Said, People just don't court each other anymore. And this person was like, well, you know, that's just that's old news. Like people people just don't do that anymore. There's just this whole new way of doing, like you mentioned, tradition, you know, and I think that's where it kind of needs to go back to, you know, where you know, a man is courting a woman and showing her, you know, how much he appreciates her and wants her and loves her or wants to be with her. They have this mentality right off the bat that there is someone.
Speaker 20: Else, do you know what I mean? Like they're there could be.
Speaker 22: Someone else the price. Yes, Oh my god, that that the man is the problem.
Speaker 2: Man is the price.
Speaker 20: Yes, I'm talking loud. Yes.
Speaker 8: So we're asking eight hundred and five eighty five, one oh five to one, what are your thoughts?
Speaker 2: Now, let's go to the phone lines. Hello, who's this.
Speaker 8: Hey, missy, good morning. Let's talk about we were talking about court and what's your thoughts?
Speaker 4: Oh?
Speaker 6: Good morning. By the way, so I honestly, Like, I just understand y'all standpoint because it's hard now. I'm only twenty nine. I'm not gonna say it heart now because I've never been married, but for her to be forty and just not coming out of relationships just taken things to I guess be the same. It's definitely different now because you have older guys going for younger women who they don't have to do all of that with. But I also still steel is and I do have to disagree with Jason Lee like she's still bad. She's still a beautiful woman, and she's at a certain status. So I feel like there's everybody for somebody, and when you're in that tax bracket, there's somebody out there that's worth recording you with or what have you.
Speaker 24: So I just feel like I get.
Speaker 6: Both ends of it. But you just have to know that you're just getting your peep wet. You've been in a relationship for twenty something plus years, you know what I mean, So it's not gonna be the same.
Speaker 4: You're right. But also to what Jason was saying, because it goes to the Ebony k Winns point, Evany just says the pool gets shallower and shallower, so the pool might be very clearly the pool is very very shallow for her right now.
Speaker 7: And when you're in your forties. Not to say I'm not age shaming because I'm forty six. I mean, you out in these young streets with two kids trying to find that mister Wright to court you, and it ain't gonna happen. So by the time she's maybe forty seven, she may find them. Then you got a court for a year. I mean, I don't know.
Speaker 2: It's almost saying like, yeah, saying that she should settle, she should for what happened to for better or for worse. Is that not a thing anymore? I mean it is.
Speaker 8: But you know when Courton what Charlaman said, it doesn't have to be financial, Like there's things that you can do that's not financial that make somebody feel special.
Speaker 4: Right especially at forty seven forty eight, like go pick up my cholest medication you cvs, there you go.
Speaker 2: What I mean, that's spal small things especially, you.
Speaker 4: Know, but that can that starts a conversation what you want I'm on stating how many milligrams what you want?
Speaker 2: Like that's the conversations that we have and at this age.
Speaker 7: Really, yeah, I don't like that.
Speaker 2: Hellone, who's this?
Speaker 25: And this is Ashley?
Speaker 20: Come out of a town?
Speaker 2: Ashley, out of age town? What's your thoughts at Ashley?
Speaker 1: I'm absolutely a breathing to you.
Speaker 2: I just have an argument with a gentleman I've been dealing with all maybe.
Speaker 1: A year yesterday, about.
Speaker 20: The same topic.
Speaker 1: And he told me this isn't the seventies anymore.
Speaker 11: So I need to get over myself.
Speaker 4: How old is he?
Speaker 1: He is forty nine?
Speaker 4: How old are you?
Speaker 26: I'm thirty six.
Speaker 2: God, you got a sugar daddy.
Speaker 25: Yeah, I love I love the old man.
Speaker 4: See, he definitely ain't taking you, sire. You're gonna do what Daddy tell you.
Speaker 1: To do it.
Speaker 8: Okay, but you figured an older man with understand caught him because he came from that that arrow forty nine.
Speaker 4: He ain't got time for girl, that little stuff like that.
Speaker 8: You own a house, mama, Hey, yes, well I got an old phone.
Speaker 2: So wouldn't you like it if your man came over there and cut your grass?
Speaker 4: You think that man about to cut grass got time to cut grass.
Speaker 24: He's trying he's trying to cut grass.
Speaker 7: Hey, grass is grass?
Speaker 2: I know that's why I and Grass Grass and maybe y'all can cut it together. There you go.
Speaker 18: It don't work like that.
Speaker 1: I just had the line man to do that.
Speaker 4: All right, all right, well, thank you mom, have a good day with your little sugar puff.
Speaker 2: Daddy, shugar fuck daddy?
Speaker 7: Hello?
Speaker 4: Who's this man?
Speaker 1: First of all? But I want to I want to say up three with everything Charlot Mane said, because like I said, it is did they include a piss at any street? And he's on social media and see that. But I think she's still thinking like she is, you know, ten to fifteen years younger. I feel she's old. But you know, just the generations are different, the way people move with different.
Speaker 7: Absolutely, right, we are in a sexy red era. Let's just be very clear.
Speaker 2: But this is the thing.
Speaker 8: If if I'm singling and I'm forty six, forty seven, forty eight, forty nine, fifty years old, right, and I know these other men ain't courting.
Speaker 2: If I'm the only man court and who's the one that's gonna get the women? Who's the one that's gonna get the girl that wants to talk to me? Because I'm the one that's doing with these other brothers ain't.
Speaker 7: That's not true, right or wrong, But there aren't a lot of I don't think a lot of women are out there saying they want to be court They may be saying they want to be courted, but they ain't courting in the clubs. That's not what's happening.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I'm gonna be out the older women out here talked. That's forty plus day and they don't care about the court and part. They just want a man period. You know what I'm saying. It's hard enough finding a man, but now you're adding another crowd there. Do what you want a man that courts at forty plus years old? All right?
Speaker 7: And if you with your husband, like Tia, you knew Corey wasn't out there. I mean, I don't know what Corey was doing, whether he was cheated or not. But like you also have another there's another epidemic out there. Like your men aren't just cheating with women, they also cheating with men too. So if you find a man who's loyal to you, or maybe he mess up a little bit, work it out. It's worth working it out. I still want to know why they broke up, by the way, and that's what fans are upset about because you seem to have a happy, perfect marriage and then bam, now you're out here complaining. Dang, and Corey sat out there. Corey used to call when we were posting about Hollywood and like like, man, you don't know the whole story. I'm like, come tell the story then. So Corey, if you want to clear it up to the club, come over to me and let's talk about.
Speaker 4: Now go to Hollywood. Unluck, I ain't got nothing to do with this. Go to town with Jason, go to Jason Lee show. Don't got nothing to do it.
Speaker 2: What's them all of the story? It just seems like it is sad.
Speaker 4: I don't know what the all of the stories because I'm happily.
Speaker 7: Married and me too. More stories have value and everybody have value.
Speaker 2: All right.
Speaker 8: Well, see Jason Lee is out there, Courton, which is a good thing. That's what I'm saying. Brothers out there Courton. Yeah, if I can do it, everybody can do it. So what's the what's the what's the what's the most court forul quote unquote thing that you've done?
Speaker 7: Okay, So I get criticized online because like when I was single, well being single. I would fly people to me because it's more convenience. That's not them out right, I flew to them for me to take one day, two days to fly to Saint Louis, which there's no reason for jasonle to be and Saint Louis that was like a big thing.
Speaker 2: That was not courting Jason. That's you flying yourself in the.
Speaker 7: Side, flying for sex.
Speaker 4: No, I flew in. We you know, I have somebody. It's not like somebody flew him out. He flew out on his own to see somebody. That's big.
Speaker 7: We had a really nice time. I mean, you don't want to get to but we didn't have sex with no no, no other details. But we didn't have sexy.
Speaker 8: All right, Well we got rooms on the way give were talking about what that's sex?
Speaker 1: Man?
Speaker 2: Ain't that on the list of things? Talking about?
Speaker 7: Very clear what I did speaking of my mouth. Let me get right to the next topic. Wow, you know sexy read is being called out because she said the fifth word on this list was pink and the other one was brown. And people saw her stuff and said it ain't that's coming up next Jesus Christ.
Speaker 2: All right, it's the breakfast.
Speaker 8: Other morning morning, everybody. It's DJ n V Charlamagne the God. We are the Breakfast Club. Jason Lee is here. He's our special guest host. So let's jump right.
Speaker 2: Into the rooms.
Speaker 4: PEZ do not be alarmed me morning, Jason Lane.
Speaker 2: I'm damned.
Speaker 4: I don't want to one all the Hollywood Unlocked viewers. What's happening.
Speaker 20: Don't even waste your time trying to compete with me.
Speaker 4: This is the rumor report.
Speaker 2: I knew I can talk myself on the Breakfast Club. I ain't gonna lie. I'm in my mental other process, but I am cocking little bit.
Speaker 7: That was a long intro, but I'm taking it with me. Sexy Red. Sexy Red I said, we live in a sexy Red era where she's in the news because she has a message for everybody shocked that her vagina is in pink. She said, I'm brown. Why would the outside of my JJ be pink? Anyway, She got a lot of heat after her sex tape allegedly accidentally leaked on her ig story, and this is what she said.
Speaker 28: Why do I see dumb ass the keys? How about why no, I'm brown? Why would the outside of my pink?
Speaker 29: Can you make?
Speaker 28: You make things That's how I know y'all don't get no ass nothing.
Speaker 20: While would the.
Speaker 28: Outside of my pink, not that y'all was thinking of this sea. No, the outside is not pink, dumb ass. If you get some and you see what the going on, you're gonna see what I'm saying.
Speaker 4: Common sense, Jesus. Or the labia does come in a rainbow of natural hues. I mean, you know, from pink to purple, sometimes brown, sometimes black. It's common for the labia to be a shade darken than the rust of your skin.
Speaker 7: I know, the color of the rainbow. I have no clue what you're talking about, but you know what I mean. Once you started like labeling the lab of colors, I mean I kind of like started getting blurred. You know, she made a whole song talking about it being pink, So people now are said, maybe she had a ghostwriter write that.
Speaker 2: I don't know.
Speaker 7: Why is this such a hit song?
Speaker 4: Though?
Speaker 2: This is what rap music is these days?
Speaker 4: Don't do that.
Speaker 8: People love sexy read and they love the content music she puts out, But why do people our.
Speaker 4: Age act like the content and our generation was any better?
Speaker 7: We didn't have a little Charlie Baltimore.
Speaker 2: You know, the only difference is people.
Speaker 4: And I hear people say that they like what they they wrapped better, they had higher talent levels.
Speaker 2: Okay, but we're not talking about that.
Speaker 4: We're talking about the content right the music.
Speaker 7: Oh no, sexy Red is hot right now and she's lit. But but I mean, she said one thing and then when they saw the little clip clip.
Speaker 2: They always in't what she said.
Speaker 7: No, I got the list of what I can't say that a list right, yeah, no, they said it was dehydrated to anyway, moving right along, okay, Ja also in the news. The Kardashians now Caitlyn Jenner, if you don't know, used to be Bruce Jenner. He was on a box. She I'm trying to figure out the transition here.
Speaker 2: He was on a transition.
Speaker 7: He was he was on a box of wheedies and he was keeping up with the Kardashians at the time. He dropped two things off in Chris and they came out as Kylie and Kendall. Uh then became a step father, then stepmother when he went on to become she Well, anyway, she's back in the news because she has a news show called House of Kardashians that dropped on sky TV yesterday and uh in there she's talking about Kim Kardashian, the sex tape. Here's the trailer that dropped. You got to listen for what Kaitlyn said.
Speaker 27: The Kardashians have redefined the American dream.
Speaker 2: They've ruined the world.
Speaker 4: Oh my god. Anyway, here we go.
Speaker 11: Chris wanted to be more than just a housewife.
Speaker 7: Kimberly calculated from the beginning, how do I become famous?
Speaker 2: The sex tape was a means to an end. It was to create a controversy.
Speaker 20: What was it like?
Speaker 7: Well, it's safe to say that we know that there's a rumor out there that Chris Jenner and Kim Kardashian plotted the whole success of their whole family based on the sex tape that Ray J started in and produced and distributed allegedly. But either way, Kaitlyn Jenner, this is what I understand. You're now the ex. You're the ex wife, husband, You're the ex them. You've already exked yourself out the situation. You, your rubber neck and your kitten Hills. Need to just guess that that word.
Speaker 2: Is what I miss That word is right it's the last word that.
Speaker 8: You can't actually okay, okay, not the last one, just the second and last one.
Speaker 4: Just do it.
Speaker 2: Dump. Well, here's the problem that I have is and this is why it's a bad representation.
Speaker 7: For our community. Like when when when Kaitlyn was Bruce, Bruce was not problematic. Bruce was sitting playing with toy planes in the garage and drive driving race cars and golf carts. Now Bruce put down the well anyway, Bruce became Kaitlyn, and now in our community, it's super misrepresenting us, like as a messy.
Speaker 4: I'm sure his thoughts, I'm sure he transitioned, but his thoughts didn't the same way Kaitlyn thinks. Bruce thought, I'm sure, but I don't know.
Speaker 2: Man, why are you jumping in.
Speaker 7: Because they're being you. Guys are being safe. Kaitlyn, You're a hot you can you a hot ass mess Kaitlyn, go away. We don't care about you or your politics. And that's why Chris is over there again slammed by Corey.
Speaker 4: But that's the thing, Caitlyn thought just the way Bruce did.
Speaker 2: It's the same they transition mindsets to I.
Speaker 8: Want to say, because you said that at one time Bruce was in the garage racing cars lanes and doing that stuff. But then when Bruce transitioned, Bruce knoww you know.
Speaker 2: Because I know.
Speaker 7: Because now Caitlyn's in the news saying that she's never gonna date again. Nobody cares. And you want to talk about Sahara desert right there? Of course it's dry and that and that thing and that thing pink and don't nobody want it?
Speaker 2: All right? Well, that is your room of report with Jason Lee.
Speaker 7: Why I feel so the whole Kardashian, Caitlyn, Kitlyn Kardashian, Jenners, y'all all need to get that thing breathing all that.
Speaker 2: I don't think any of them have had a day off. No, all right, thank you, Jason Lee. Charlamagneho throwing that donkey too.
Speaker 4: Man for after the hour, I need officer or former officer wis Lozano and Eric Mitchell of the LAPD to come to the front of the congregation. We'd like to have a word with them police.
Speaker 2: All right, we'll get to that. Next. It's the Breakfast Club. Good morning, the Breakfast Club. Your mornings will never be the same.
Speaker 4: Donkey up today, damn but he hog it's time for Donkey of the King. I mean trying to beat donkey today. No more. They should be embarrassed by what they already did. I'm not making these people do these days called donkey of the day and it really caught me off guard.
Speaker 28: Damn Charlamagne who got the donkey out of the day today?
Speaker 4: Wow? Jesseelarious donkey today for Tuesday, October ninth goes the officer Louis Lozano and officer Eric Mitchell. Should I say former officer Louis Lozano and former officer Eric Mitchell. They are former Los Angeles police officers who were fired because they were too busy discussing Pokemon Goal while someone was getting robbed. Let's go to ABC seven for the report. Police. Maybe you were able to life chat with Where were you think it was online? Right now? I'm like dang now.
Speaker 27: At eleven, the LAPD released in some shocking new video showing the moments two LAPD officers ignored a backup call about a robbery and instead played Pokemon Go. This all happened back in twenty seventeen, when the exchange was caught on the digital camera inside their squad car. The officers continued to ride around and talk about catching the Pokemon character Snorlax after a captain reviewed the video while they were fired the next year. The officers tried arguing the recording should have been dismissed because they were private conversations, but both the lower court and the Appills Court disagreed with that.
Speaker 4: Wow, one, are the aliens coming, not the ones crossing the border, the extraterrestrials. Okay, et and thane os dim, can y'all please come back to Earth? The least got to be yup. Okay, we are so sorry, but what we have done to your planet. God, I totally understand why you would never thin You'll only be gotten favorites on Jesus back here. What would be the point of ascending him back to this silly ass unserious planet. Somebody out there getting robbed? Okay, meanwhile, these cops are busy searching for Pokemon's in their water now, just to play White Devil's advocate. Other cops did respond to the armed robbery call, so they probably felt like they got it under control. We'll get there when we get there. But I come from an era before mobile games like Pokemon go and we used to play games like Cops and Robbers. Y'all didn't play Cops and Robbers as kids, of course. Yeah, so now when we play Cops and Robbers, do we not go stop the robbers? Because where too busy playing Pokemon Go? And what if there was a lot of Pokemon to be captured at the scene of the armed robbery, these officers might have really missed out. Okay, now, the worst part about this is that these officers simply are not living up to the mottol of protecting and serving. Okay, Instead of being out trying to catch a robber, they was going back and forth about who can catch Bulbazar and ivy Sar and Venosaar. They was worried about all the stars, but didn't want to be officers of the law and do their damn job. Sidebar, I had a friend who would call me Sharizard all the time, and I was so confused. I never understood why until I started paying attention to this phenomenon called Pokemon Go. What is it? Charzars? Oh that's what it was pronounced, Oh, charzars charge. Yah, they would call me Charzard. Okay, Now, there's nothing wrong with an officer killing some time playing some mobile games. But when those mobile games stop you from doing your actual job, okay, then you deserve to be fired, especially when your job is the same Folks, all right, you had the opportunity to stop a whole armed robbery and you literally said, I don't want to be his help.
Speaker 2: Okay.
Speaker 4: More and more every day I realized why Alonzo hated Hoyt so bad in training day and why he hazed Hoint so bad in training day Because these two officers, Louis Lozano and Eric Mitchell, they had no business in the field. They needed to go get a nice poom poom desk job chasing bad checks to something. Okay. They clearly not built for the action that comes with being a law enforcement officer, right because they would rather be at the Okemon Gofest instead of the police academy. Please give Louis Lozano and Eric Mitchell the sweet sounds of the Hamiltones.
Speaker 29: Oh no, do g of the day, the dog ge all the day?
Speaker 4: Yee full world?
Speaker 2: Was that the four Tops?
Speaker 4: It's a four times?
Speaker 7: That wasn't a gay reference the singing group the four Tops?
Speaker 2: Oh no, that was the Hamiltons.
Speaker 4: I didn't know. I was like, it was only two offices. I was like, I was like, where did the other two tops come from?
Speaker 2: Now that's what he said.
Speaker 8: Wow, now you did mention aliens. And I want to tell people, uh Ring camera. Oh yes, it's offering a million dollars to anyone who captures an alien with the doorbell camera.
Speaker 2: That's right now.
Speaker 8: The winner will get a million dollars grand prize paid out in fifty thousand yearly installments for two days decades, and Ring is also offering a five hundred dollars Amazon gift card for the most creative fake.
Speaker 2: So if you catch it. I don't like that, That's what I don't like.
Speaker 4: But I like the having a million dollars out there to catch the extraterrestrial. But then you're gonna offer money for the most creative fake. So now what if there's a real one on there, but nobody's gonna think it's real because they gonna think it's a real creative fake. So now if I'm actually an extraterrestrial, right, like I say, I'm just like a little trouble making extraterrestrial who likes to come down every now and then kick it, you know, around Halloween blending. Now I can just walk by a ring camera actually be an alien, then go collect the prize.
Speaker 7: I can tell you right now, if I see this pop up in my neighborhood where people are doing all of this for a prize, I'm gonna call the LAPD. Not that they would show up and do anything, but this.
Speaker 4: Is they'd be too busy playing Pokemon.
Speaker 8: Go right, all right, well, thank you for that donkey of the day. Now, when we come back, we got a special guest join us.
Speaker 4: Right, yes, doctor Alfre Brielan, noble man, Doctor Alfre Brielan.
Speaker 20: No.
Speaker 4: She runs the a Coma Project and she runs my foundation, the Mental Wealth Alliance, and she'll be here to give us a recap of the third annual Mental Wealth Expow that happened this past Saturday.
Speaker 8: All right, and BT, we'll see y'all tomorrow. Everybody else, we're gonna kick her up her when we come back, so don't move.
Speaker 2: It's the Breakfast Club.
Speaker 8: Good morning, the Breakfast Club, Good morning, everybody. It's dj n V Charlamagne the God. We are the Breakfast Club. We got our special guests, Host Jason leave with us, and we got a special guest in the building.
Speaker 2: She's back.
Speaker 8: She just reminded me that she had her HU bag outside that she didn't bring in, you know, and I'm so glad you had. You bought your Hampton University bag with you. Today we have doctor Alfi Brelando. But welcome, good morning, Thank you for having me. How are you feeling, I'm good?
Speaker 5: What did syall say?
Speaker 2: Black and Hollyday?
Speaker 4: We fresh off the third annual Mental Wealth ex Bowl. How'd that go?
Speaker 6: Oh?
Speaker 4: My god?
Speaker 5: Like I wasn't there, but it was phenomenal. One of the highlights for me was at the end when you took the video all the people out in the audience. I just felt like the energy was really there for those thousands of people who showed up to get some healing and get some positive energy from you and all your celebrity friends and the influencers, and just so many good words. Michelle Williams's words stand out to me a lot. She was just phenomenal. So I think it was highly successful. Each year gets bigger and better, and it was a joy and an honor to be there.
Speaker 8: Now, let's talk about the weather too, because the weather was disgusting and people still showed up in that weather.
Speaker 2: That shows how much people really needed it and wanted it.
Speaker 5: They needed, they wanted I think everybody appreciates shar as a black man coming out and talking about his own mental health and his own journey and having people like Carson Daley. I don't want to name check everybody, but you know, to Meeka Mallory, all these amazing people from all these different walks of life talking about their mental health and like just uplifting it and being open and transparent.
Speaker 19: You know.
Speaker 5: So the people really came out to get that learning and that love, and they got it.
Speaker 4: Y'all. Always say, you know the thing I love about this A vengage. I want people to come to this event and learn early what I learned late, and also say I want this to be the start of somebody's healing journey. So what would be the next steps for somebody that came out to the mental wealth.
Speaker 5: I think first of all, what I was telling a lot of people is you go to the workshops. If you went to the workshops or the breakout rooms, and if you went to any of the vendors, you already have some ideas about where your journey can go next. Right, So following up with some of those folks, like the Ecoma Project was there, The Mental Wealth Alliance had a booth there. Lululemon helped us out a little bit. So following up with those folks that you met who are providers who run organizations, I think that's the next steps. Just following up. And the other thing I will say is make a commitment, right, remind yourself that you have the passion and the energy, and you want to keep the momentum going, because if you don't have the passion and energy and you don't have the investment and taking care of, as you say, your mental wealth, it's not going to go anywhere. You can have the interests, but you really need to be ready to take the next steps. So that's what I would tell people to do. Go look these people up, find them on the web, take some of the advice things that you learn from some of the people who are on the main stage, and really make a concerted effort to act on what you learn.
Speaker 2: Every day.
Speaker 7: See, I'm disappointed that I wasn't invited to participating. I'm in therapy. I'm happier now. You walked in with a whole light. I mean mental health, going through your mental health journey and therapy, does it just make you a happier person, a lighter person, Because I feel like one of the things that made me a little nervous going down this path was my career is based on being able, snarky at times, that having high opinions and being critical. But sometimes now that I'm in my journey, I consider, I reconsider what I'm going to say and do because of the work I'm doing.
Speaker 5: I think it's beautiful and I do think it helps you, maybe not necessarily be happier, because you know, it's not a happy pill, it's not like a happy trip. It really is about helping you find what's deep down inside of you and bring out the best parts of yourself. And I think sometimes what happens is the best parts of who we are get covered up with so much muck, through trauma, right through negative experiences, through watching people in our lives who aren't happy themselves, who aren't you know, they don't know who they are. And so I think what therapy does is it just brings out what's already down in there. And I think every single one of us has a light in us, but we can't see the light if our mental health is not good. I don't know what do you think about that question.
Speaker 4: I do think it makes you happier if you do the actual work and you do get to a place of healing. I don't think you ever completely healed, you know what I mean. And I don't want anybody to think that you're just always naturally happy either, Like I still deal with about the depression all the time. That's you know what I mean. So I don't even want nobody to think that any of this just is going to automatically correct you.
Speaker 8: Now we're talking to doctor Alfie Breela and Noble. What do you think about programs like The Breakfast Club or like Jason Lee's Hollywood Unlock. And the reason I ask is, you know, sometimes we take somebody's mental breakdown and we report it and we talk about it, which could be traumatizing to the people who it affects, and not only that but their family and their friends as well. So when you see the Breakfast Club reporting something, or you see Jason Lee reporting something, what do you think.
Speaker 7: About Let's just say when we see Tyres and them go at it, let's use that as.
Speaker 2: But it's already above.
Speaker 7: We've been promoted too.
Speaker 2: Yeah, we talk about it. We discussed those things.
Speaker 5: It's okay, y'all, because we're gonna be red, We're gonna keep it real resolutely. I think that, you know, everybody's different, everybody has a different journey, everybody has a different mechanism for coping. I personally am a person where I have to try to keep everything around me the energy positive. It can't always be light, but I'm always trying to seek the light, even in the difficulty. Right, But that's my journey. For other people, they don't know how to find the light, you know what I mean. They can get stuck, and they can get stuck and hearing things about themselves that don't portray them in the best light. It can be traumatizing for you know. I learned this from one of the young people I work with. Her name is Mave. She has volunteered with the ECOMA projects. She's a transgender young woman. And listening to her talk about people using what I've learned to call her dead name, her old name before she like really and fully embraced who she was, that's traumatized. And then that's painful. And so I think what I've learned to do is anytime I'm in the room, I'm gonna do my best to like I always say, spread love and light. That's my goal. That's what I'm put on this earth for. Because maybe I can be a person who in that moment where somebody's feeling beat down or feeling like people are like piling on them. But you know, you're never as bad as the worst thing that you've ever done, and we've all done awful stuff. So I think what I try to do is help people see. Look, people can say those things. I heard of Yan Levine Ziance say this a long time ago, and it really helped me. It's not what people say about your what they call you, it's what you choose to respond to. And I try to carry that with me. So to answer your question directly, I think depending on the person, it can be super traumatizing. But I also think that if we can find the strength to, I don't know, go seek out like we were talking about earlier, therapy, or seek out ways of taking care of ourselves and uplifting ourselves, maybe it can make that pain a little less. So I hope I answered the question directly. I think it can be traumatizing for people. But everybody needs to find some way to recognize that what people say about you is not the most important thing. It's what you think about yourself.
Speaker 7: Well, and you look at Britney Spears dancing with them little draws and the knives and the dogs running for cover for us to not comment on it when you're a celebrity of putting out the domaions of people, that's what it is. If you don't want us to criticize or have an opinion, don't do it. Doesn't mean that I'm not doing the work or we're not doing the work. It means like you put this out here for public consumption. So you know, I think sometimes when the celebrities feel like, you know, it's cap that we're working on ourselves, so we shouldn't have an opinion.
Speaker 4: Well what is that opinion? Though, Because if you're doing the work on yourself and you see Britney Spears with the knives, you can look at that and say, man, something's wrong. Then yeah, you know what I mean, you can because you did get a well to check.
Speaker 19: Yeah.
Speaker 5: You can also remember sometimes when you see that stuff, the reason is out there is because the person isn't well. If they were well, they would never put that stuff out there, like you.
Speaker 7: Know what I mean, like and having this conversation. There's people that may not be well that watch it and go, oh, I'm not well too.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 7: I mean so those commerceations are helpful, yes, but.
Speaker 2: We have more with doctor Alfre Brieland Noble. When we come back. She's here, so don't go anywhere. It's the Breakfast Club. Good morning everybody.
Speaker 8: It's DJ Envy Charlamagne gud We are the Breakfast Club. We get our special guest host, Jason Lee. He's here, and we have doctor Alfie Brilliant Noble. Now this weekend with the Mental Wealth Alliance, the expo that had so many people I seen on the video. I was actually in Alabama, and I was so impressed because when I looked on the cameras, I seen that it seemed like a monsoon in New York and the amount of people that showed up and showed out to show that they wanted it, they needed it, and they've respected it.
Speaker 2: So I appreciate both of you guys for what you guys have done to help people on their mental journey.
Speaker 4: You know what I want to talk to you about, Doctor Alfre Breelandover. You run Mental Wealth Alliance, but you also run your COMA projects because you tell them tell us the mission of the Mental Wealth Alliance as well as the OCMA Project.
Speaker 5: Absolutely, So I'm gonna shout out my senior executive, Liason Lexifield, who's in here with me with from their COMA Project and the ECOMA Project is a mental health organization that founded on three key principles, raising consciousness, empowering people, and changing the system of mental health for youth and young adults of color. What makes us unique is a couple of things. One is we are intentional and unapologetic about focusing on young people of diverse backgrounds because so much of what we know in the field is and it's nothing wrong with the white kids need support too, but that's who we know about in the mental health field. We don't know about Arab Mena kids, African American and black kids of all the diaspora, right because we come from lots of different places. You know, Latin name, Native American, AAPI folks, and so at the ECOMA Project, our goal is to generate research and knowledge. This year we put out something called the State of Mental Health of Youth of color. One of the first of this kind of reports where our entire sample was kids of color, including kids who identify as multiracial, and so being able to uplift and amplify and help these young people. See, you need to be centered in these conversations too. That's what we're all about.
Speaker 4: And what about the mental wealth of life?
Speaker 5: Oh yes, So the Mental Wealth Alliance we're all about training, treat, and teach, uplifting the mental health and wellness of black folks specifically because we know, right there's so many things that impact that's uniquely as Black people. And the whole goal with the Mental Wealth Alliance is to again center those needs, center those special ways, unique ways of healing and making sure that everybody out there knows, as Shah always says, that you need to invest in your mental health and to provide a model and an image so people can see black men taking care of themselves, black women taking care of themselves. Like we have representation from doctor Lasseter, who's all about the queer community and making sure that black queer people know that they are a part of the conversation too. So the Mental Wealth Alliance is really like a hub to bring all kinds of folks together to help people understand that black folks mental health needs to be amplified.
Speaker 7: If I can just go back to the COMA project. Recently, we did a youth summit in my hometown for about two hundred young people and.
Speaker 2: Write out deal Stockton.
Speaker 7: I'm sorry, doctor listen stock somebody else called it Stockholm.
Speaker 1: We get it.
Speaker 7: It's a community with a lot of folks that look like us, that you know. There was two under kids there and last minute the team put a young white boy up there. And there were three young boys and girls of color and then the white boy. They gave their experiences with violence, death, drugs, despair. Then he was like this young savior and I don't even think he knew what he was doing, but he was saying, my colored colleagues like he was. This young man was he said that color. And I'm sitting there facilitating it's trying to be respectful of you, but also being very president saying that like our lived experience is very different, our lack of resources or even knowing about the resources is different. And then the people in the audience was listening to the young black folks tell their story. Then when it got to clapping them on, and I said, there you go, praising him and not really And I just think it came natural to folks that weren't really understanding, well what I walked away with besides knowing that, like, we're very clear and the intention about who we're targeting, which is people that look like us. How important is it for parents, families, mentors, people like me or us that have audiences to promote mental health awareness and access to care for young people.
Speaker 5: Well, I think a couple of things. One is important for our communities because there's so much trauma. And you know what I mean, there's historical trauma, there's like live trauma in the moment, you got inter generational trauma. And so I think regardless of what your socioeconomic status is, because I want people to be clear, right, we got hamp and grad right here, Like you have so much diff Like you all are like in the public eye. That's all right though, with you're in the public eye and you're successful, and so we have so much variability in our communities. And that's part of what I want people to understand is that our experiences are not it's not a monolith. We're super diverse and so for parents and caregivers, right, because not everybody who takes care of a child is a biological parent, right. You got aunties and uncles and all that kind of stuff who grandparents. So for us, I think it is helping our young people understand by modeling. We got to take care of our own mental health to model for our young people that they need to and even in the absence of that, we have to really be willing to encourage our young people to understand that taking care of your mental health and acknowledging that mental health is a thing and that mental illness is a thing. It doesn't make you weak, doesn't make you sorry. What it really does is it empowers you because, like I was saying earlier, when you can pull out the best of you, right, everybody gets to experience that. But you can't find that if you're not taking care of your mental health.
Speaker 1: You know.
Speaker 4: I want to go back to something Jason said about having a white person at an event centered around black people. I don't know if the Mental Health Expo was ever centered around just black people, because mental health is not just a black or white issue. And I was happy that Carson Daily wanted to be a part of it, because number one, it just shows that this is something that we're all dealing with. And I think anybody who has the issues of anxiety or depression or whatever you're going through, if you can help point us in the direction of more resources, I'm all for.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I agree, And I think the other thing about having somebody like Carsonaire is a big mental health advocate, it echoes what you said. It's like it demonstrates the people to me that everybody goes through this stuff. But it also demonstrates to young people that all different kinds of people care about you and are invested in you. Because for so many of our young people, their experience of people who come from outside their community is not one of love and support. Right, Like you think about what they call the school to prison pipeline for our young black boys and girls, right, And so what we need is to see more of people like Carson at these kinds of events, supporting all different kinds of people, so our young people can know if it's a safe adult, if it's a trustworthy adult, I can go to that person and get some help.
Speaker 21: Right.
Speaker 5: They don't have to look like me. I always say, it's not necessarily about a racial match, although that's important in therapy, It's about an empathy match. Can you empathize with my experience?
Speaker 19: Right?
Speaker 5: Can you uplift me without falling into stereotypes or treating me in stereotypical ways. And so having Carson there, I think was just phenomenal.
Speaker 4: And I don't want people to think that the Mental Wealth Expo celebrity driven to the biggest thing that I like having at the export is the experts. Doctor Alfi Brilando was because we're not experts. I'm not an expert cars and Daily not an expert. Michelle William's not an expert. We're just people who have experiences and we share our experiences. I loved having doctor Rita Walker and yeah Elliott Connie's Elliot Cohani, doctor j Barnet, Rashawn Rayshawan. So that Black Men's panel was phenomenal.
Speaker 5: Oh, I'm so glad, and my buddy turn out loud from Canada representing the Canadians and so you know, doctor I'm sorry, not doctor Jason Williams, Jason Phillips, I'm sorry. Who was in one of the breakout rooms. I saw finds and therapists and they had a picture of the brothers and he was saying, yes, no crabs in a barrel here. I saw it on this Instagram this morning. He was just saying, all these brothers out here uplifting and supporting each other, and people don't get to see that, right because there's some fewer men in the mental health spaces, mental health professional and I just want to echo you and give you your flowers because you were clear, don't just stick the influences and celebrities up there. I want to see the mental health professionals highlighted too, And so I'm proud to say that together we were able to put a mental health expert on pretty much every single one of those panels, right, because that's important to you, and so we made it happen.
Speaker 4: That's that's the only thing I want. That's the reason I have the expos where people can come there, hear from the experts, and walk away with real resources to get started on your healing. John.
Speaker 2: Yes, Yes, it was awesome, and we appreciate you for joining us this morning.
Speaker 4: You tell me what they can donate to the COMA project and mental wealth lines now, yes and stuff.
Speaker 5: So you go to Mental Health Aliones dot org. All one word. Make sure you say dot org and you go to a COMA project AA k O m A project all one word dot org and follow us on Instagram both of the organizations. And please people go donate because these organizations can't do the work if they don't have any resources. And thank y'all so much for having one.
Speaker 4: More question tomorrow's World Mental Health There? What should people be doing on World Mental Health?
Speaker 5: I think people should do three things. First thing is you got to make a decision that you're ready to take care of your mental health. The second thing is you got to decide what is your level of motivation to take care of your mental health. The third thing is you got to come up with a plan. So notice that and say start with a plan. I said, you've got to start with where your head and heart are in terms of taking care of yourself. You gotta be motivated, and then you go get ready to do the work.
Speaker 8: All right, So when we come back, Jason Lee, you got the room report and we talk about all that. Now we're about to jump into rumors.
Speaker 7: Yeah, sorry about this. Clevin Gates spinning somebody's mouth and then has the whole internet in shambles.
Speaker 4: Well, that could be a No, there was mental health involved with that. It wasn't a treatment. It wasn't It didn't make him happy. She probably needed happy to make her happy. We don't know, but we'll get into it. All right, Well, we'll talk about it next. Thank you so much, doctor Alfie Breland, Noble Breakfast Club. Good morning, rumors on the way the Breakfast Club.
Speaker 8: Good morning, everybody's stej n V Charlamagne to God.
Speaker 2: We are the Breakfast Club.
Speaker 8: We got our special guest host, Jason Lee's here and let's get to the rumors.
Speaker 4: LEEZ do not be along. Good morning, Jason Lane. I'm damn all the Hollywood unlocked, yours. What's happening?
Speaker 5: Don't even waste your time trying to compete with me?
Speaker 7: Nick, this is the report I knew I can talk myself on the Breakfast Club.
Speaker 4: I ain't gonna lie.
Speaker 2: I'm in my mental health process, but I am cocky load.
Speaker 7: Well, Kevin Gates is in the news today and he's keeping up with his freak nasty image. Now the past, you've seen him doing a lot of different things, imitating, descript describing sex acts during his concerts. Well, this past weekend we saw him pull a fan on stage and perform another not safe for work act.
Speaker 2: Now this video has gone viral.
Speaker 7: We posted on Hollywood and lot of him tilting a fan back in her seat and her head and mouth open wide. He then spit down her throat.
Speaker 4: That's why COVID cases is spiking up all across the country again, man, stuff like that.
Speaker 7: You know they got super gonorrhea out here allegedly, but you can't get rid of that now. So like, and it was like a loogie, It was a lot, but she swallowed it. That's the part that I just don't know. Is there any celebrity that you all know that she would let spit in your mouth?
Speaker 1: No?
Speaker 4: Absolutely not.
Speaker 2: So did he just say, hey, any girl?
Speaker 7: He called her up on stage and he didn't even talk about it. He just laid her back, She opened her mouth, and he spit down her throat.
Speaker 4: I wouldn't look Jesus spit in my mouth.
Speaker 2: Not even if he was gonna get in heaven.
Speaker 4: Nope, Jesus, I need I need more, I need more content. You gotta show me if is gonna get me.
Speaker 7: Jesus spit in your mouth?
Speaker 2: That's gay? Why why Jesus?
Speaker 7: Because Okay, imagine.
Speaker 4: No, I'm not asking why why why do you say that?
Speaker 7: Now you asked, so Jesus is there his golden locks?
Speaker 2: Yo, man, go to the next door. I don't want to fact.
Speaker 7: We didn't say we want to get into heaven twice this morning. We're not gonna get in like this. Well, this person might be getting in heaven.
Speaker 1: Uh.
Speaker 7: This the the person who was married the Real Housewives of Potomac star Mia Thornton. Now her strange husband says that she married him for his money and left when the money dried up. Now, Mia Thoron got slammed by her strange husband, Gordon Thornton, the other day. Now he's claiming that she married for his money and that when the money dried up, she got out of there. He even admitted that when he underwent surgery for prostate cancer, he can no longer sexually satisfy her and gave her a hall pass. But now she's run off with that hall pass and now with another man. And here's what she told Timzy.
Speaker 9: I know that's going to come a time when I probably won't be able to satisfy all your needs. I want you to know that I am okay with you finding what you need elsewhere. I only have two rules. Don't give me a reason to look for it. Secondly, keep the kids out of it. What really aggravates me through all of this is that I've given her permission, but yes, she still chooses to sneak around, chooses to lie, chooses to continually change her story about what's going on and why she's leaving me, and this, that and the other. And she's told me that this guy's her soul nate, but she made the choice, I guess, to choose him over me. I do agree that Mia married me for my money. Yeah, I absolutely believe her leaving me now is tied to the fact that I don't have access to assets and my funds are limited at this point in time. And this gather that she's saying she believes has access to funds, and I think she's leaving me for that reason.
Speaker 4: That's why I don't understand women who say things like I want me a baller, I want a man who got money. Why would a man want you when he knows you only want him for the paper Because when the paper gone.
Speaker 25: So so was she.
Speaker 7: But we're missing a point. His paper and his penis isn't working, so like she's not. I mean, his mouth better be working. But if that ain't working, I mean, you can't pleasure her or pay for her.
Speaker 4: So I listened to that whole clip. I ain't nothing by no penis, said said in prostate prostate prosts. So he went under surgery and then that's satisfied. That's why he gave it a whole past, meaning like the thing wasn't working, and then the credit card ain't working either.
Speaker 2: Like what we doing at this point? That part I ain't none that.
Speaker 7: I'm surprised you missed the penis part.
Speaker 4: That's definitely you never missed the penis. Man, shut up, man, I ain't doing this all week with both of y'all. Now, okay, oh all right, this is going This is going crazy already.
Speaker 2: Just for Richard poor, for better or for worse. This is like absolute worse and just poor.
Speaker 8: Yeah, but the hall pass is the crazy thing, right, You can't satisfy it and you're financially strained, so you give her a hall pass.
Speaker 2: What usually is gonna happen.
Speaker 8: She's gonna find somebody that she's into that can satisfy it in the bed and also has the money that you don't you know which way.
Speaker 2: She don't have the restrictions on the hall pass.
Speaker 4: The hall pass would have been you can go out there and get some broke penis, okay, but you can't get no penis that is in this tax bracket.
Speaker 2: Okay.
Speaker 7: Maybe Mia and Tia can become a reality show, Tia Mia. This guy anyway?
Speaker 1: All right?
Speaker 7: Well, speaking of no value, tea paint is in the news because he bought a twelve dollars fake Richard Millie and he plans to word outside. He said, if you see me out with this, don't say nothing else. Despite him having a reported ten million dollars worth of I guess that's his net worth, and he's bought this fake watch. This is the audio from him talking about it.
Speaker 2: I gotta tell you I'm not wearing this one.
Speaker 9: Yeah, I'm gonna I'm gonna see what I can get away.
Speaker 6: Bro.
Speaker 9: You see me how it is?
Speaker 4: Just don't say nothing.
Speaker 7: Take that sticker off that mom? What is That's what I wanted to say?
Speaker 2: They made what is literally saying fashion watch speak for a kid to play dress up one of wear.
Speaker 28: Well, I'll tell you what it's about to before a goddamn adult going to a forge for.
Speaker 7: Real now, Richard Milly is usually average around two hundred thousand dollars. And I was saying during the break somebody in Beverly Hills got shot broad daylight for wearing a Richid Milly. It was a real one, but still, people don't know real and fake. When you move with a fake watch, Yeah, you can be caught out on social media, but you can also get killed.
Speaker 4: That's right, somebody don't they Robbers don't know the difference between uh, fake rich and Millie's and real ones, not at all.
Speaker 7: And you get killed for a twelve dollars fake watch, I mean a man.
Speaker 4: Yeah, you ain't gonna be Ain't nobody robbing you with no fake gun? You guys believe that?
Speaker 2: All right?
Speaker 8: Well that is your rumor. Reports will be back to People's Choice mixes up next. It's the breakfast Club. It the breakfast Club. Your mornings will never be the same.
Speaker 2: Morning, everybody.
Speaker 8: It's DJ Envy, Charlomagne, the gud We are the Breakfast Club.
Speaker 2: Jason Lee is here. He's back tomorrow though.
Speaker 7: I am here and Wednesday, that's right, and I.
Speaker 8: Want to salute everybody again. I went out to you know, I'm on my HBCU too. I do it each and every year homecoming season. I try to touch as many HBCUs as possible and we tape it. We try to do a document series where we try to teach and explain what the HBCU experience is all about for people that's never attended or never went to. So we went to Alabama, A and M Alabama State. I think we're gonna hit Delaware, Howard, and Hampton this year. Last year we did fam You, we did Bethune, a couple of others, but we just try to hit as many HBCUs as possible just to see the different experiences of the HBCU life. All right now, Charlomagne, you had your mental Wealth Expo over the weekend.
Speaker 4: I did, Man, that's Wednesday. Thank you to everybody who came out to the Mental Wealth e x for my third annual Mental Wealth x FO. You know, we do it every year in honor World Mental Health Day, which is tomorrow. Saluted the Mental Wealth Line, that's my nonprofit organization. Salute the doctor Alfie Breeland Noble and everybody at the Acoma Project and all the panelists who participated, Man, all the experts who participated. You know, I can't salute everybody, but just thank you all for showing up. And yeah, man, I just want to continue to do things like this also throughout the year. You know, we get to do this once a year. But I feel like, you know, me and Styles, people talk about this over the weekend. Styles was there speaking on the panel of the Triumph and Trauma panel. Actually, and I just want to I don't know, I think we got to start going to the communities, like we got to start pulling up the places like you know, Pharmacy for Life or you know, these these these small black owned businesses and just having a more intimate thing you bring you bring a therapist, are psychiatrists to these to these venues and have like one hundred people from the community show up and just just pour into them.
Speaker 1: Man.
Speaker 7: So absolutely want down to participate next time.
Speaker 4: Absolutely, yeah, absolutely, So just thank you everybody who came out.
Speaker 1: Man.
Speaker 7: Well this Saturday is a good time. I could do this Saturday. So I had started a nonprofit called the Hollywood Cares Foundation, and in it we have an im ready initiative where we're going back to my hometown of Stockton, and there's going to be I think around three hundred and fifty young people. We did one last month and we weren't going to do another one, but there was such a demand to talk about gun violence, safety, financial literacy, they brought this up. So we're going to be there doing that and you know, just hearing even what you're doing with the HBCUs and what you're doing in mental health. It's great that we've like figured out how to use our platforms to actually help other people, you know, because to who much is given, much is require. But I got something for you guys too, Can I give it to you now? So in twenty nineteen, we started an award show at Hollywood and Lot called the Impact Awards, and you guys were one of the first recipients. And we never I don't think we ever delivered your trophy here your ex colleague went to accept it on your behalf. But Angelie, this is the actual a war designed by Sean Harrison.
Speaker 2: Thank you Sean.
Speaker 7: And you know one thing I just said recently on my Instagram And this award was given to the Breakfast.
Speaker 4: Club for the Culture Awards.
Speaker 7: Phenomenal and the reason why you are we the first recipient is because of what you do and what you've done historically for the culture. You've won every award that matters in the world of broadcasting radio. But you know, when it comes to black we don't have many black owned award shows, and so we created our own award show because it's really truly for us, by us. And we recently just updated the award and this is what it looks like.
Speaker 4: It is angate song gated statues from ass like I've never seen what statue.
Speaker 2: Would ask you.
Speaker 4: A little.
Speaker 7: Only said they had to have body, but it also has it also has a crown. That's his impact. Charlatne none of that charlamage were right to the butt. But you know, it's interesting we're in this whole conversation. I was talking to him to put him out there, David Stromberg, who manages Travis Scott, and I was saying that, you know, the value of these awards are when our people hold them. Absolutely it's not the Oscar is the Oscar because of who holds them. But you know, with all the contriver controversies going on in these different award show mediums that black folks said, I didn't get honored. You know, well, then pull up when you're offered an honor because this is for you by us. So you know, interesting, it's been a great success so far. Next year June twenty first.
Speaker 4: One, you're understate and how successful the Impact Awards have been.
Speaker 2: Names some of the people that y'all have had.
Speaker 7: That Boy Maywell and Mariah Carry, Lizzo, Tiffany Haddis, Jennifer Lewis, baby Face. I mean we've had some Zoe Halleye the Vice president, actually pulled up for us with a video last year, so yeah, I mean this year, so yeah, we've had some really good wow people.
Speaker 2: Well, thank you so much. We appreciate you too. Jason great, all right, all right, it's the breakfast off when we come back.
Speaker 8: We got the positive notes mourning everybody is dj NV Charlamage the guy.
Speaker 2: We are the Breakfast Club. It's time for positive note.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it's the positive note is simply this man and it comes from one of my favorite pages on Instagram, the Healing Guys. You should follow them. The Healing Guy posted, I used to tolerate a lot because I didn't want to lose people. Now I establish boundaries because I don't want to lose myself. You'll have a blessed day breakfast club. You don't finish the y'all done