Speaker 1: Wake grass up. The Breakfast Club is old.
Speaker 2: Wait ya, the Breakfast Club, Envy and Charlomagne the voice of the culture.
Speaker 3: You then'na come in.
Speaker 1: When this thing. See y'all different, y'all the coach, it's different. You know what I'm saying, Like y'all know what y'all talking.
Speaker 4: This is probably becoming the most prominent forum for Hill, probably.
Speaker 1: Be here next to all of you guys.
Speaker 5: It's really put it in perspected the breakfast club bitches.
Speaker 1: Wake up. Good morning Usa yo yo.
Speaker 6: Yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo.
Speaker 3: Yo yo Charlamagne got peace to the plan.
Speaker 1: It is Tuesday.
Speaker 7: Yes, it's Tuesday. We got our special guest host, Chasing Leaf here from Hollywood unlocked.
Speaker 3: Of course. Good morning, Good morning Moning, sir. How are you feeling this morning.
Speaker 2: I'm well rested. I went to bed early, same me too. I didn't go to bed early. I did go to bed early, but you know, I didn't fall asleep till about after eleven.
Speaker 1: But I still feel well rested, sang.
Speaker 3: I was knocked out by nine.
Speaker 7: I started watching the game and then next thing, I'm clock was going off for time to get up.
Speaker 5: The rest is important. I don't know what you negros talking about. I don't know why we ever told ourselves back in the day. Sleep is the cousin of deaf and hustlers. Don't sleep. Okay, you don't get no sleep, You're gonna die. How about that? Okay, how y'all feel I'm bright eyed in bushytail.
Speaker 1: Let's get to it, bushytail, bright eyed and bush.
Speaker 5: Rich Paul is gonna be joining us with something like that already, Yes, Rich Paul will be joining us.
Speaker 3: Drop a bomb for Rich Paul.
Speaker 7: He has a new brook Lucky meat Man, a memoir of Changing the Odds, which is in stores today.
Speaker 1: Very very very great read.
Speaker 5: If you don't know who Rich Paul is, he runs a clutch Clutch Clutch As a sports agency, I don't.
Speaker 1: I can't think of a bigger sports agent and Rich Paul in the game.
Speaker 7: He has, of course, Lebron James, he has Anthony Davis. He has Tatum.
Speaker 3: Yes, he has Adele Well. Adele's is I know.
Speaker 5: I'm just saying she's on the She is definitely on the roster.
Speaker 3: Yeah, So we talked to Rich Paul today.
Speaker 5: It's a really great read. You know, it's a great read, and I don't want to give it away. Okay, maybe not what he's gonna say. I was just gonna say, you know, it's a great read and somebody has lived a very interesting life when the very last page of their book, the very last page, is then meeting Lebron James.
Speaker 1: Wow. Yeah, so you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 2: Which is crazy because when you think about it, you think about that being in the beginning.
Speaker 5: Absolutely, the very last page in the book, meeting Lebron that way.
Speaker 1: I mean, it's it's a great I mean, we.
Speaker 5: Know that's in the book. Clearly you would know that's in the book. I'm just telling you what's on the last page. So that should interest you to get the book even more because you were like, well.
Speaker 2: Damn, but we don't be talking to the last I mean she kind of looked like Safari on the cover though, damn. Wow, wow, Never judge a book by its cover.
Speaker 5: You don't see nothing you're making about this.
Speaker 2: But I've met him a couple of times. He's actually super cool and the story is inspiring.
Speaker 3: Nah.
Speaker 1: Richard is a good guy. Rich for a long, long time, like go over a decade. That's right, yeah, all.
Speaker 7: Right, well, let's get the show crack and when we come back, we got front page news. Heven Figure will be joining us a lot to fill us in on, so don't move. It's the Breakfast Cloa. Good morning morning everybody. It's dj n V Charlamage the God. We are the Breakfast Club. We got our special guest host Jason Lee here in the building, and let's get in some front page news.
Speaker 8: Good morning, TZ, good morning, dj VY, Good morning, Jason Lee, Good morning, Charlemagne the God.
Speaker 1: Good morning.
Speaker 3: Let's get in some front page news so quickly.
Speaker 7: NFL last night the Raiders beat the Packers seventeen thirteen. All right, now let's jump right. What's going on overseas? It's a lot going on.
Speaker 4: Huh yeah, a lot going on. Just want to give a quick update.
Speaker 8: You know, we cant expect this to happen for days on end, and hopefully it will end sooner than later. But Monday, a senior Pentagon officials said that the Biden administration is surging weapons to Israel, rapidly sending air defenses and munitions in response to Israeli official officials asking for aid of the Department of Defense is working across this enterprise, including you as central command, to determine which arms in the US inventory can be quickly available for Israel's defense. Democrats and Republicans close rank and support of Israel over the weekend as the attacks from Gaza unfolded. President Joe Biden and lawmakers in both parties have pledged to swiftly grant Israel what it needs following the unpresidented attack and the death told as of now has risen to over nine hundred people who have died in Israel in more than six hundred and eighty Palestinians have been killed since Saturday, So lots still going on.
Speaker 4: As you know, there is still.
Speaker 8: Not a Speaker of the House or know the GOP will be meeting about that this week as well as Charlemagne, so there's nobody in charge. So that's something they also have to get taken care of, so that when, if there is, Congress has to make decisions on how much to send and when we're going to need a Speaker of the House in order to do it.
Speaker 5: So yeah, man, I promise you if that doesn't make you grieful for your life and the situation you in, because folks is literally waking up this morning under fire. Absolutely, you know people are dead, people are being kidnapped. I know you're dealing with a lot in your life, but boy, when you look over there, it could really, really really.
Speaker 1: Be working facts.
Speaker 7: Can I ask you guys a question because I'm not I don't know too much about what's really going on, But I do see people When they post one side, somebody gets upset, and if they post something else, somebody else gets upset.
Speaker 3: Why is that?
Speaker 7: If just innocent people are dying on both sides?
Speaker 5: Right, I have no idea about the politics of it all. I just see people getting killed.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I don't understand the issues either, but when we post something, we do get the other side saying why.
Speaker 3: Aren't you posting?
Speaker 2: Every side wants you to cover their side more, and honestly, I don't know enough about it.
Speaker 3: I'm just trying to cover it off.
Speaker 5: And when I turn the news on, all I see is people fleeing, people dying. Yeah, I just see people running for couple, I see bodies in the street.
Speaker 1: I don't know what's going on. I just do it looks hard.
Speaker 3: Yeah, let's jump right, into Robert F. Kennedy Jr.
Speaker 1: Robert F. Kennedy Jr.
Speaker 8: Folks, go back and listen to the interview that we did here on the Breakfast Club. At that time, he was running as a Democrat candidate, and now he has announced his independent candidacy for president. You know, a lot of folks told him he should have did that right out the gate, but he is officially ending his effort to defeat President Joe Biden the Democrat primary in favor of a long shot general election bid.
Speaker 4: You know, he had talked about here on the Breakfast Club.
Speaker 8: How you know he wasn't getting fair treatment, and you know, they weren't paying any attention because obviously, you know, the Democrat Party is not interested in somebody running against President Joe Biden. So he has decided to be an independent. Now, his announcement comes after weeks of speculation of him doing this, and he acknowledged the unsuccessful history of independent presidential candidates. He says he is optimistic about his chances, and he said that today we turn a new page in American politics. There has been independent candidates in the country before, but this time is going to be different because the independent is going to win.
Speaker 9: Now.
Speaker 8: Quick poll was taken to see what it would be in the three ways split between President Foreign President Donald Trump at forty percent, Biden at thirty eight percent, and Kenny at fourteen percent. And that's just a hypothetical one what it would look like in a general. But you know, as we know, poles are just snapshots in time that can change and will change.
Speaker 4: So we'll continue to see, you know, what's going to happen.
Speaker 5: Well, he's already got the endorsement on one of the biggest voices in all the media, and that's Joe Rogan.
Speaker 1: So I don't know.
Speaker 2: I mean, politics is an expensive game, though, can it an independent affording?
Speaker 1: No?
Speaker 7: No, right, I'm just wilding that you could just switch sides that fast, like a Democratic on Monday and dependent on Tuesday Friday, you'd be a Republican.
Speaker 1: It's just that's strange to me. But that was just politics. I mean, you know, he wants to be in the race.
Speaker 3: And Caitlyn Jenner showed us all everything is possible.
Speaker 5: And the funny thing is when Joe Rogan said that he would, When Joe Rogan said that he voted for RFK JR. He said he would he would if he would have the opportunity, but he said he knows that the Democrats would never have it. He said, the Democrats would have a bunch of tricks up this leave to prevent it.
Speaker 2: But isn't it like not a good deal to have somebody endorse shit that said nigger nigga, nigger, nigga and nigga.
Speaker 5: No, No, I'm knowing. I don't think that's the problem. And the reason I don't think that the problem is because that was eons though. If that's the case, think about all the things you said in the past, Jason, I didn't say it. I'm just saying, just think about all the things that we had.
Speaker 3: A non therapeutic version of me said, I'm.
Speaker 5: Just saying, all right, think about all the things we've said in the past. What that means don't mean nothing now and just.
Speaker 8: Well let me say this's just a quick update since Jason brought it up. Just want to mind folks that remember Ross Parole. You know, ran as an independent in nineteen ninety two, and he did pull in nineteen percent of the vote, and that was probably one of the most popular independent runs you know that we've seen and spent you know millions and millions of his he was a billionaire.
Speaker 4: Absolutely, he's a long way from parole money.
Speaker 8: I'm just I'm just saying, somebody, did you know, make some little noise, but any still loss, but you know what it's worth.
Speaker 4: That's a little bit of information. I'm just trying to wrap us up.
Speaker 3: So we gotta go. Yep, and that is front page News. We'll see you in a couple of minutes.
Speaker 1: Task.
Speaker 7: Get it off your chest. Eight hundred five five one oh five one. If you need the vent phone lines are wide open again. Eight hundred five eight five one oh five one.
Speaker 3: Get it off your chest.
Speaker 1: It's the Breakfast Club. Good morning, the Breakfast Club.
Speaker 3: It's a day.
Speaker 10: Is your time to get it off your chest. Whether you're mad.
Speaker 3: Or bless some to get up and get something.
Speaker 10: Call up now. Eight hundred five eight five one oh five one. We want to hear from you on the Breakfast Club. I've never heard that intro in my life.
Speaker 1: Really.
Speaker 7: No, No, you don't be listening to No. I clearly don't we be taping people at that time. We be taking a cass So if you don't know, the phone lines are down, Yes, across the whole iHeart right now.
Speaker 5: So we have to do get it off, get it off your chest ourselves this morning, because like we said, the phone lines to the radio station are down, and not just us, they said the phone lines all across the country or the whole iHeart across is this is it? Radio stations are just iHeart, just iHeart, oh just iHeart just Okay, all right, get the phone lines are down for I heeart. So I think we should go out round in the room and talk about what we are grateful for and then talk about what we are mad at. Okay, yes, because I know I don't want Jason to start with what he's mad at, you know what I mean.
Speaker 7: That's why there who's going to go stump to him? You stump what they're grateful for. Oh well, okay, I can stop first, okay, okay, Well, first and foremost, I am grateful for my health. I'm grateful for life even I'm grateful for my family and my friends and my community. I'm grateful for all listens out there that that's been supporting us and riding with us on this journey.
Speaker 1: And I'm just uh about just for men, give just for men, a shout out, no give just an a shout out. Okay, no, what about you, Jason, what are you grateful for?
Speaker 2: You know, I'm grateful for all the support that I give because I was did an interview yesterday where I was talking about sometimes when I walking around, I feel like I'm the bad guy already.
Speaker 1: I do just in case I'm not.
Speaker 3: I'm not. I'm a truth serum. That's what I am. I'm the truth serum.
Speaker 1: Oh you say serum, but he said.
Speaker 5: I'm He's kinky this morning, yo'.
Speaker 2: I'm grateful for the support that I get because I really am living the life that I've always wanted to live. I do whatever I want. I make my long schedule. I mean, my supporters are ride or die. So I'm just thankful for that. And I'm thankful for the fact that, like I've kind of gone through this therapeutic process and realized that I stopped thanking God for everything I asked for, and now I'm back to thanking God again.
Speaker 1: It's very greeable. I always got to give God all the graded. Absolutely.
Speaker 5: I am grateful that this past Saturday, my organization, the Mental Wealth Alliance, and my great partners here at iHeartRadio, we had our third Annual Mental Health Expo, and I thank God that I'm able to be of service in that way. And I pray that people who attended the third Annual Mental Wealth Expole learn early what so many of us learned late. And the lesson that I want you to learn is that if you don't deal with your trauma, your trauma will eventually deal with you. Now, let's talk about what we are not happy about. What do you want to get off your chest.
Speaker 7: I can start this just for men. No, this quote unquote soccer dad thing. It's really disturbing me. Like I told you, guys, my son plays Socca and he's pretty good. A lot of coaches been reaching out where they want him on this team. But I really don't understand it. And I take him to soccer every day and I try to understand it, and I try to sit there on that field and try to learn the game. And I don't understand the game. I don't know what the flags mean. I don't know what happens when it goes out of bounds. I just know that you can't kick the ball, but then you can go to ball to certain occasions.
Speaker 1: I don't know.
Speaker 7: I'm not a soccer fan. I didn't grow up on soccer or football, whatever you want to call it. I grew up on baseball, basketball, and American football. So I don't know. So that's why I am upset. I need to learn soccer. And I've been googling it and I've been watching YouTube videos and I still don't understand.
Speaker 5: We'll give it some time, and Red said, we wrap it up when we come back and we talk to me and Jason. Yeah, okay, when we come back, me and Jays can say what we want to get off our chest. You want to be a little taller, don't you know you want someone here on your head. I have no, I don't. I am so grateful with who I am. God God made me amazing.
Speaker 1: It's not I know what God created, what he created me. I am him the confidence. Next he's gonna say it looks like Marris chus nut. Okay, we know.
Speaker 3: Actually we posted that on Hollywood on lot.
Speaker 7: I know that was a goddamn liusin. That was a goddamn We'll get to the next. The breakfast lugan morning, the breakfast club. This is your time to get it off your chest. Eight five eight five five one.
Speaker 3: We want to hear from you on the breakfast club.
Speaker 7: All right now, if you're just joining us, usually this is what we do, get it off your chest. But iheart's phone lines are down across the country, so no station has phone lines right now. As we get it back, body from other stations, text me and tell me if the phone line it down.
Speaker 1: Dre text me and my no, they down down, So Dre text me, oh yeah, you can text me. I phoney, got to do it. I heard you can text my first phone with you. Dray, text me let me know if the folded down. The phone lines are down.
Speaker 7: So we're just going around the room things that we're grateful for and things that we're upset about it.
Speaker 5: Yes, we already said that what we're grateful for. Now we can get things off our chests. Jason, the floor is yours.
Speaker 8: Yeah.
Speaker 2: There used to be this epidemic where we would go to the club and promoters would just send lots of girls to your table to drink all your bottles because if you drink the liquor.
Speaker 3: They have to keep buying more by buy more bottles. There's a new epidemic now.
Speaker 2: It's the guys that are actually worse than the females at the club trying to get to your table and drink on your bottle and they ain't got no money.
Speaker 3: And this has been happening to me a lot.
Speaker 2: You just let random dudes that I'm not letting them. They just keep coming. So last week we went to the club. I was with Bobby Lights, and they just kept coming to the table to want to drink on the bottles. I'm like, what is this thing where we don't know you. This was at a straight club too, by the way, and so what's la But anyway, I'm gonna go there. They just kept coming coming. So finally I told my scre I said, look, don't let nobody else come to the table. This one guy kept trying to come to the table to get a drink on a bottle. That wasn't his end of getting punched in his mouth. You got to go home and explain my security. Oh what they're supposed to do?
Speaker 1: Jesus Christ. So they shouldn't say that it's already been said.
Speaker 3: They were secure in the bottles.
Speaker 1: Somebody got to protect the goddamn boy.
Speaker 2: You got to go home and explain to your girl that you got punched in the mouth, trying to your mouth on another man's bottle.
Speaker 5: And then you say it with Jason Lee and Bobby Lights. Now she got a hold of Now she got a whole bunch of other thoughts running in her head.
Speaker 1: The fine bottle and it was a straight club all right.
Speaker 3: Now, charlam Man, do you have anything? It's interesting?
Speaker 1: I got a couple.
Speaker 5: I'm mad about the chili and corn bread that I have for dinner last night. Because of that chili and corn bread. When I woke up the corner and said my prayers exactly, I kept farting. So I had to keep restarting my prayers because you know, when you fart while you praying, your prayer is nulling void.
Speaker 1: I want you all to know that you start just making that up. No, I'm not. If you fart while you praying, prayer is nulling void. Is that in the Bible? Yes?
Speaker 5: Now, I also want to get off my chest that I can't believe more people aren't talking about the SOS tour from Scissle.
Speaker 1: Okay.
Speaker 5: I went to go see the SOS tour this past Friday and Brooklyn at the ball Play Center, and I know tail in Beyonce are on tour and everybody's talking about those shows. Meanwhile Sissy is just out here quietly selling out arenas killing everything moving the concert is it actually plays out like a movie.
Speaker 1: It's cinematic.
Speaker 6: You know.
Speaker 5: She starts off sitting on that diving board like she is on the SOS album, and then when she finishes the song she's singing, she jumps in the water and you can literally see her jump off the poard and into the water, and then she's lost that sea uh for the rest of the show, and you see it play out in real time.
Speaker 3: So why have they been shading Scissor?
Speaker 2: Because I thought they also invited her to perform at the VMA's but then also didn't on her.
Speaker 5: I think they didn't give her she wasn't nominated for album yeah, something like that, which is very strange because Scissor literally had the number one album in the country for two much every show.
Speaker 3: Every shows look sold out too, All.
Speaker 5: The shows are sold out, sold She's out there cooking with one of the best shows on the planet, one of the best productions I've seen in the concert in a long time. And I love Scissor's carib because she puts out albums when she wants to right and then when they drop they have ultimate impact.
Speaker 1: So you know, salute the sism. I met her parents do this weekend Friday. Yeah, her mom and dad from Jersey. Ye.
Speaker 7: All right, well that was get it off your chest again. If he's just joining us. Phone lines are down? So what happens when you call it?
Speaker 4: Well?
Speaker 1: Able to answer the call? Sky trick? Let'm speak a phone No. Number hundred five or five one five one? Correct? Okay, yeah speaking dre said the s guy. The phone lines are down. We told you that.
Speaker 7: Why doesn't he believe us? We said that, We said it was a nationwide He said it's I.
Speaker 3: Was hoping that gay dude would call up here. What's his name is?
Speaker 1: Traft trap? He said, it's a sky and it takeover. Put on speaker so we can hear it. I got it on speak a fool. Then why can't we hear nothing? Because clearly ain't nothing happening. Oh there you go, it's ringing.
Speaker 3: Did you pay your bill?
Speaker 1: The light going? No? Nothing, Let's see what happens.
Speaker 3: That's what it sounded like when I call my daddy house.
Speaker 5: Wow, it says the lines are busy. Yeah, okay, so your dad know answer for you, Jason.
Speaker 3: Well, he's dead now. You know. When I was here on the show, we had doctor after that. No, oh yeah, we're on a light or not right?
Speaker 7: Well, you on the show and you talked about your dad last time you were here. Yeah, two days later.
Speaker 3: We shouldn't be laughing right now. We shouldn't be laughing.
Speaker 1: This is not funny.
Speaker 3: Come on. You know we were talking.
Speaker 2: We were talking to our therapist about you know, closure and relationships with our dads and stuff. And I said that people were telling me you should call your dad because he's gonna he's gonna die soon. He's old. And I said no, because I had closure. And he died two days after I did the show. But I had closure and I did not call.
Speaker 3: And I'm fine, Okay.
Speaker 1: I feel like you should laughing at No. I laughed at him when he said that's what used to happen when I called my dad.
Speaker 7: You should laugh therapy, it's not working. You should right now. You're a sick individual.
Speaker 1: Shut up? What we call?
Speaker 3: Can we call Tyrese?
Speaker 1: You know what? All right?
Speaker 5: When we come back, we got your room and report? What are we talking about?
Speaker 2: Birdman hopped on a clubhouse with Whack one hunted yesterday, and I said a lot of interesting things, but he commented on Cardi B being an alleged plant by the industry and even made an allegation about bad Bunny and Drake.
Speaker 3: All right, we'll get into all that in a minute.
Speaker 1: It don't move. It's the Breakfast Club. Good morning, Bakfast Club. Good morning everybody.
Speaker 7: It's DJ n V Charlamagne the Guy. We are a breakfast club. We got our special guest host, Jason Lee Hire and let's get to the rumors.
Speaker 5: Please do not be Alaron, Good morning, Jason Lane. I'm bam on one all the Hollywood Unlocked viewers. What's happening.
Speaker 11: Don't even waste your time trying to compete with me.
Speaker 2: Nick, this is the rumor report. I knew I can talk on the Breakfast Club.
Speaker 3: I ain't gonna lie. I'm in my mental health process. But I am cocked and loaded, Nick.
Speaker 5: Yo.
Speaker 2: Cardi B is getting support from somebody that none of us would have seen coming in, and that's Birdman. Birdman hopped on a clubhouse, yes, Shay with Whack one hundred, and he's reacting to Kanye West claiming that Cardi B was an industry plant sent to replace Nicki Minaj. Now, last week a clip of Kanye west unreleased documentary surface and I'm sure the Kardashians are behind that, and in it, he called Cardi B an industry plan. If you missed it, here's what Kanye said.
Speaker 3: Yes, Cory Cia, Like, he didn't even have to say it. I know it.
Speaker 1: He's Illuminati. That's why Cardi B.
Speaker 3: Was over there.
Speaker 4: Carter B is a plant following Uminati.
Speaker 12: She don't write her wraps. She just did like sound as ignorant as possible and just and then make songs like man, you get some moneys. You know, she was literally replaced, you know Nicki Minaj purposely that they put her there. And now she doesn't know what to do. Okay, she's just a She has no idea what is going on. She thinks it's just a blessing from the universe, and no blessing.
Speaker 3: From the universe.
Speaker 2: Now, what he was referencing was a time where I actually took Cardi over to Chris Jenner's house to meet her, and then Kim and Kanye came over and we all had guacamole and drinks and.
Speaker 1: Do you see I a too and Illuminati.
Speaker 2: Hey, listen, I've been waiting on the Illuminati to call me. Their phone lines might be down like yours. We in that in that meeting, it was interesting because Kanye was telling Carti how she was his hero because every time she says something, the world praised her. But every time he said something he was canceled. And then to say no later in this documentary that we didn't even know was being filmed, that she was a plant was interesting.
Speaker 1: Well.
Speaker 2: Then Carti had caught wind to this and posted on her Instagram a part of a conversation I had with Yay on my last podcast, and this is what he said.
Speaker 3: Buss was saying, come by here yesterday, but I was finishing you're working.
Speaker 4: I was finishing that verse for your girl, you know what I mean.
Speaker 12: Like I always believed in her since since she was on the show period.
Speaker 2: It's kind of sad when people use your own words and your own voice against you.
Speaker 5: Right yeah, I mean we all know that rant was nonsense, you know what I'm saying, But for the sake a conversation, we can discuss it.
Speaker 1: Like I believe, I don't believe everything.
Speaker 5: Is a blessing from God, you know, what I'm saying, because I know Satan got a kingdom too. Of course, saying a rapper is an industry plant because of the continent of their music, especially when the content of their music is about girls sleeping with dudes for money, then damn that every rapper in the industry was be a plant then because the glorification of the drug culture, gang culture murdered, disrespected women. Sounds to me like they all plants, pushing negative content in a negative agenda.
Speaker 1: But let me ask you a question.
Speaker 7: With somebody we know at times is not mentally well and they have outbursts like this, and people and people posted, don't we know if he's probably not mentally mentally well at that time, it's not saying at that time, especially if he says one thing with Jason Lee when it's on camera, then he says another thing behind the scenes when he's on the phone.
Speaker 6: You know.
Speaker 5: I mean, people are human too, and people when they're when they're upset, like he might have been upset that he wasn't at the function that you're always having at Christian He came.
Speaker 3: He came home, and he sat right across.
Speaker 2: Don't listening, he said, aguak right, here, Carti was right here, Yay and Kim was right here, Chris and Corey is right here, and he was saying to her, you're my hero because you can you know, he was basically building her. And the crazy part is what I really think is happened is Yay is in the middle of so many lawsuits right now. He probably didn't pay the person who shot that, and they probably are just putting out all these clips up.
Speaker 5: That's what I think is, Yeah, I really don't be listening because I really don't be caring. We do not the ninety five percent of this stuff. But also, Nicki Minaj didn't get replaced by Cardi either. They both out here.
Speaker 2: Nicki Minaj got replaced by Nicki Minaj. Now what happened was.
Speaker 1: Nikka hasn't been replaced man, Nikki's still here.
Speaker 2: Okay, Cardi cott winded us crazy. Cardi caught wind of all that and posted that. But you know, she had just been She's been harassed since she came out the game, and she is tired of it and basically has warned everybody that she has receipts and this is what she said.
Speaker 13: I've been trying not to disappoint my fans because I've been I've been trying to like be Cardi B. The professional, but Bell Kali is the demon. It'd be really close to come out, and I don't want that because I don't want to disappoint my fans. I'm gonna just say this, people love Cinderella. To Cinderella, get a glass house and let me keep it cute. And my haters and see my mothers don't want to see mess. Leave me the fuck alone. Because I come with receipts. I come with receipts, years old receipts. I got receipts on all you need and you and I will bring this incident into shambles.
Speaker 11: She don't even know.
Speaker 5: I want to know about Cinderella in his glass house, glass glass shoes. I remember the glass slippers.
Speaker 3: She had a glass slipper.
Speaker 2: But this Cinderella story, she's been able to build the whole glass house many of her whole life. It's not that she just got the one slipper and then she went and got the print or whatever that guy was.
Speaker 3: She got the whole thing.
Speaker 7: Cray sad thing about Cardi B is I've known Cardi B a long time before she was famous when she was working at the strip.
Speaker 3: Clubs and she was hosting the strip clubs.
Speaker 1: And Cardi B has always been.
Speaker 7: A good person, like a good person before the fame, after the fame, just a down to earth good person. So when I see her get attacked for some of the things that she said, Cardi B wasn't expecting this fame.
Speaker 1: I said, you on cardi payroll?
Speaker 3: IM not no, No, I'm Cardi B.
Speaker 1: Cardi being locked.
Speaker 3: I'm Cardi B on line.
Speaker 7: It's the truth about Cardi B. And you would you would say the same. We've known Cardi before.
Speaker 1: Tell me I'm on Cardi's payroll?
Speaker 3: You are? Can I say this because I know Mike Kaiser is listening. Atlantic Act.
Speaker 1: Wow, you're just gonna put the plug out there.
Speaker 2: You don't even care, Jason Now you're renegy Julie Greenwaller. Wow, Actually in it that you called him, they actually pay the least matter of fact, let's put that out there in terms of marketing, and they should be paying money. But anyway, that's just my own rat. You talked about the things that we're mad about. What you said, Okay, well listen, listen, I'm walking. Birdman went on clubhouse, and this is what he had to say about this all.
Speaker 14: I don't I don't really pass adjustment on other people things.
Speaker 1: Nah, that's not my thing.
Speaker 14: No disrespect to nobody, that's just not my thing. I never saw it, and if I did, I've never pass adjustment on that because I don't believe in downplaying.
Speaker 4: People in the music industry.
Speaker 14: And no kind of way, because if you English, you know how hard it is, if you you.
Speaker 1: Know how real it is, if you in this, you know that dyingish.
Speaker 5: Cardi got it out the mud. Nikki got it out the mud. Cardy got it out the muddy.
Speaker 3: We all in this room got it out the Mundy.
Speaker 1: Absolutely for real, I got it out the blood Illuminati and I'm just.
Speaker 3: Playing the blood.
Speaker 1: Talk about all praises do to God.
Speaker 2: But I think you go, Jason, Now, that's a big deal though, for a Birdman to come out and say that and to just validate the hard work that we all know Cardi's put in, that nikkis put in.
Speaker 1: And saw it with both of them.
Speaker 3: Absolutely, bird Man might be the bridge to bringing them together.
Speaker 1: That'd be fantastic. I'm sick niggas this point.
Speaker 7: We'll be honest because so yeah, like you said, that grind was like no other New York didn't with Nikki at first, and Nikki had to get it out the mud.
Speaker 5: And Cardi b was the same. I saw it all from the beginning, absolutely, both of them.
Speaker 1: Both of them. All right, well that is your room report.
Speaker 7: When we come back, we got front page news, and then Rich Paul will be joining us. His new book Lucky Me is out today. We're gonna kick it with him. So don't go anywhere.
Speaker 5: It's the Breakfast Club. Good morning, the Breakfast Club. Your mornings will never be the same.
Speaker 1: Good morning.
Speaker 3: Everybody is tj n V.
Speaker 7: Charlamagne to God. We are the Breakfast Club. We have Jason Lee our special guest co host. Let's get in some page news. Last night, the Rates beat the Packers last night, seventeen to thirteen.
Speaker 3: So well, let's jump into some news.
Speaker 7: Let's talk about this funeral home that found one hundred and fifteen decayed bodies.
Speaker 8: Yeah, this is a wild story, and it was allegedly an eco friendly funeral home. Let's listen to the report. And I got some more information on the other side.
Speaker 15: A funeral home in Colorado was under investigation and I'd accused of storing up to one hundred bodies in a twenty five hundred square foot structure. It began with reports of suspicious activity and when investigators got inside, they found the bodies stacked in that building, leading to a hazardous situation. Their property belongs to Nature Funeral Home based in Colorado Springs, and neighbors have been complaining about the odor for weeks.
Speaker 8: The actor was real smelly last night, and they were The cops are out there with their lights on and tape up.
Speaker 15: Officials are trying to identify the bodies, which could take months, and a state of emergency has been declared in Fremont County to free up resources to help.
Speaker 1: But so far nowhere rests have been made. Somebody forgot to do their job. They forgot to put the product in the box. Like why are these people's families? Did they not realize it was not a funeral? How did that happen?
Speaker 3: But why would you shore one hundred and twenty five bodies?
Speaker 1: That doesn't make any sense, fool.
Speaker 8: Well, the funeral home provides natural burials, so they do not use embombing chemicals or biograde biogradeable paskets so when you have natural bodies that are just sitting there over time, and you notice Jason out in La, you know La, you can sit their whole month, you know, at the funeral home. It's a funeral last week, but oh yeah, funeral I went to a couple of weeks ago. He passed away.
Speaker 3: Over a month.
Speaker 8: That's the average time in California. So it's possible to sit at the funeral home that long. And so when these bodies were not being in bombed, not stored properly, I guess I'm assuming because you know they weren't.
Speaker 4: I guess in the cooler or whatever you.
Speaker 8: Know happened with that, and he tried to hide the fact that they were not stored properly, and so that is why they started decainge. But yes, the average time for depending on finance, depending on in particularly when COVID happened, people say that in California for a couple of months.
Speaker 5: But how big is this funeral home that one hundred number, one hundred and fifteen.
Speaker 7: Bodies, bodies on top of bodies, on top of bottom body.
Speaker 3: They have a warehouse, it could be like a warehouse.
Speaker 8: I don't know, that's pretty small, like if you look, it's a it's a pretty small it's a every look check out the photos.
Speaker 3: But here fifteen by families.
Speaker 5: But you know what, majority of people got to be homeless. They got to be It's got to be. Majority of people got to be homeless because there's no way that they're gonna have all these the king bodies fact up on top of each other and nobody is wondering when is the funeral? Not one hundred and fifteen one hundred and fifteen. Now, I bet, I guarantee the majority of people are homes, especially in LA.
Speaker 3: I just can't imagine what the smell.
Speaker 5: But well, this is in Colorado, Colorado, But I bet you, I bet your majority of people are home.
Speaker 7: Calorida has a lot of homeless too, but that's a lot of people.
Speaker 1: Wow.
Speaker 3: Now let's talk about in La.
Speaker 8: It definitely the barrels have been at least over a month for many funerals.
Speaker 3: So let's jump into Wolverings.
Speaker 8: What's going on with Yeah, once again you had some workers, you know, who are fed up with current working conditions. So the pharmacist technicians and support staff say that working conditions is difficult to safely build prescriptions and they're demanding change.
Speaker 4: More than five.
Speaker 8: Hundred Walgreens locations are participating in this walkout, which will take place Monday, yesterday, you know, until Wednesday. Some stores planning to protest for one of the days, while others will close their doors for three days. There are nine thousand Walgreens across the US. Now, unlike union strikes, Walgreen workers do not have a central body to organize the protest, so they relied on this organ They just organized themselves on social media, email and flyers and planning the walk out and they are expecting to possibly do this on next week now. As we know, Kaiser, the largest healthcare workers strike, is happening as well. As of seventy five thousand union members are also complaining for better conditions and pay, and according to the Cornell University Labor Action Tracker, from actors to autoworkers, more than four hundred and fifty thousand workers have participated in strikes this year. There's been over three hundred and twelve strikes in the US this year. So we definitely have a problem with workers and being fed up.
Speaker 4: There's something to that to be said.
Speaker 3: I mean little known.
Speaker 2: In fact, I used to be a director of a labor union working with the Kaiser system, so I know that we negotiate their original contract. I mean, they have probably the best healthcare contract in the country. There's twenty three unions that work within the Kaiser system. So to coordinate seventy five thousand people to walk off the job, especially people who care for patients, is not.
Speaker 3: An easy thing.
Speaker 2: So if they're fighting for something that must be an either patient standard issue or something, but it's.
Speaker 7: In poor condition at I guess at the wargurans where they work. I don't know what poor conditions are they having at Walgreens.
Speaker 8: Well, they're talking about being understaffed, you know, not being able to have the support that they need. Same thing like all of these workers are talking about, you know, not being paid, not having the right staff, not having the resources that they need.
Speaker 4: This is becoming a trickle.
Speaker 8: Down effect, you know, from actors to the auto workers too, you know, the healthcare employees. This is a fact between you know a big issue between those who are working and those who have all the power. And so you're just seeing folks, you know, say hey, we're gonna do something to teachers that went on strike this year. I mean, if you look across the board, the complaints are pretty much similar. You know, across across the board, workers are fed up and they want more representation.
Speaker 5: All right, well that is front page ude, That's right, And make sure you subscribe to Teslman Figureos podcast its Great Shot No Chase of podcasts on the Black Effect, iHeart Radio podcast network, and follow at Teslin figure O on all social media platforms.
Speaker 7: All right, now, when we come back, Rich Paul will be joining us. His book Lucky Meat is out today.
Speaker 5: Man, a memoir of changing the odds that it is a fantastic, fantastic, fantastic greed. Rich Paul is probably the biggest sports agent in the country, instrumental in the careers of Lebron James Anthony Davis. I mean, you've heard of Clutch Sports Management, Clutch Fortsu, Clut Sports Management, You've heard.
Speaker 1: Of Clutchbortch Management.
Speaker 3: I'm sure.
Speaker 1: So we'll talk to Rich Paul.
Speaker 3: I think he said he had the top ten this year in the NBA draft.
Speaker 1: So we're talking to think you said all the top ten picks for his Yeah, all.
Speaker 3: Yeah, So we're gonna talk to him next.
Speaker 1: And don't move. It's the Breakfast Club the Morning, the Breakfast.
Speaker 7: Club, Mourning everybody, it's j n V. Charlamagne to God. We are the Breakfast Club. You got a special guest in the building. His book is out today. Indeed, ladies and gentlemen, Rich Paul, welcome, sir, thanks.
Speaker 1: For having me.
Speaker 5: First of all, I will tell you I love your book Lucky Me like I read it thoroughly, thoroughly thoroughly enjoyed it. But I need to know the process of this book because I know the publishers probably wanted more like your agent life. Now you know what is what is your relationship with Lebron But you didn't give him that. You gave him all East Side of Cleveland, very detailed, and I appreciated that.
Speaker 1: But how did you get the publishers to agree with that?
Speaker 16: Well, this wasn't a publisher's idea. The book was my idea along with my team. You know, it's a timing thing. So it was like, you know, would you ever do a book? I'm like, yeah, if I do a book, though, I don't want it to be a puff piece because I think it's important for people to there's people inspiring to be you or be in your position. And they see the successes, right, they see courtside, the games, the negotiated deals and all that, and so people say, well, you know, I can be rich Paul. You got these companies looking for the next young black guy with a cool jacket on to be their representation of a rich Paul.
Speaker 3: But I'm like, now you're missing a lot. If you want to be me today, let's start here.
Speaker 16: Let me educate you on some of the things that I know would resonate with you. I know it resonates with you, you and everybody. And so I just didn't want to write a puff piece. I wanted to be something that was impactful, educational, you know, cause experiences are education.
Speaker 3: People look at it.
Speaker 16: And what I didn't realize and I realized even more today. You know, when you're going through as a kid, like you read about my mom, you read about you know, just some dark days, it's like the world is coming to an end, right, you think like everything is crumbling. But then in the position I'm sitting in today, I'm like, oh, those are like superpowers for me, absolutely right, because now these boardrooms. You know, I'm on the board of Live Nation, I'm on the board of UTA, I'm on the board of the Lackma, you know, coming from this place, this kid, and so it's weird how it shaped me and gave me just this unbelievable molding.
Speaker 3: If that makes sense, right.
Speaker 16: And so I think as we were writing the book, I wanted to make sure that.
Speaker 3: It was not exactly what you what you was, because that's what people would think.
Speaker 16: And when when they hear the title, they immediately go to, oh, he met Lebron in the airport, that's why he's lucky. And I'm really being extremely sarcastic to those simple minded thinkers like that. You know, I took a little page out of Shard of Maine's book with the sarcast.
Speaker 5: But it's interesting when you said that, because when you read the book, it's still luck. Because I was always the person that never believed in luck. I'm still trying to, yeah, like luck, you know what I mean. So, so to be in a position that you're in right now, do you think it was luck? Hard work or hustle?
Speaker 3: But I want the stuff in Again, somebody listened might not know who rich Ball is, so yeah, I don't want to take that for granted.
Speaker 7: Sure, Now, so super Agent, you I want to say, manage the careers of a lot of athletes, not just in basketball and football and other sports as well.
Speaker 3: And for people that don't know, I just want to break down. You met Lebron in.
Speaker 7: The airport, and I can airport y'all connected on things outside of just sports. You're connected on fashion and familyhood and this that and the of and you decided you wanted to be an agent, but you didn't go to school for sports management.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you put you on pay. I don't give too much of the book away, but.
Speaker 3: That's what happened.
Speaker 16: So I was already going back and forth to Atlanta, so through that those travels, I actually.
Speaker 3: Met Lebron in the airport one day.
Speaker 5: But it was interesting cause Bron, you say, y'all, y'all kicked it became friends just on life.
Speaker 3: Right.
Speaker 1: Did he put you on salary? You don't even know why.
Speaker 3: No.
Speaker 16: He called me down to his house one day he asked me for my social security. I'm like, man, no way, I'm giving you my social you know you can't play with nobody social. But after about forty five minutes I ended up giving them to him. And we had been to camps Jordon cam Nike Cam all these different camps and so yeah. Man, Like about a month or so later, a check coming the mail and my mother was like, yeah, you know, you're making forty eight thousand pretty much a year two thousand whatever it was. And I'm like, cool, but nobody's called me and told me anything. So I called him. I was like, Yo, what am I supposed to be doing? Like what's my job?
Speaker 3: He was like, I don't have nothing for you, bro, I don't got nothing.
Speaker 16: He was like, I just he told me, it's like every since you've been around me, it's been nothing but love. Like, don't I don't feel threatened you damn sure. Ain't no leachs or anything like that. And I will figure out. I just got to have you around me, cause like cause you know, like I remember one time he didn't he might not have wanted to sign an autograph for a kid or something. And I had a conversation with him, like you should sign an autograph because you just never know, not knowing that he was gonna play, you know, thirty years in the league.
Speaker 3: But back then.
Speaker 16: I'm saying, you don't know how long you know somebody's gonna want your autograph, and you also don't know what it does to this kid, right, And so I said to him, I said, God chooses people for a reason.
Speaker 3: You know, you got to.
Speaker 16: Play the cards that's dealt the cars, that's dealt to you. Just so happy to come with an abundance of pictures being taken, in autographs being signed. And this was prior to him being drafted.
Speaker 5: By the way, I believe that all the wisdom your father instilled in you. And that's that's another reason I love the book, because of the way you honor your father in the book.
Speaker 1: I believe a lot of.
Speaker 5: The wisdom he instilled in you you were able to instill in Braun one.
Speaker 1: Hundred percent you know and.
Speaker 16: Percent yeah moment and it was and you know it was four of us, but I brought we all brought some different to the table.
Speaker 3: I brought that element, like you're saying, just that.
Speaker 16: Cold hard truth street, you know, a protection in a lot of ways he felt, and a confidence for all of us though like you know, I would do. You know, I had corns and Jacobs and Rolexes and if it's here man, not him because his.
Speaker 3: Risk was too big.
Speaker 16: But like I was a guy I wanted everybody to look like something right, And so that mentality I got from my hood, like if it was your turn, envy to go and by the Jordan's you.
Speaker 3: Bought them for all ten of us. Damn you know that's how it was.
Speaker 16: And if it was my turn or if hours somebody had to go or and buy this like they get them for it wasn't nothing like that right.
Speaker 3: Even when we bought the scooters, I didn't have the money on me. My man might had it. I'm like, he lived closer.
Speaker 16: I'm like, just give me it, Just give me ten I'll give it to you when we get back down the way.
Speaker 3: He's like, okay, cool.
Speaker 16: You know That's how that's our relationship. And I'm still friends to this day with pretty much all the guys I grew up with. I can't hang out with him because I'm in a different space, but when I go home, I don't.
Speaker 3: I don't really have no new friends. These are, you know, my friends.
Speaker 5: Why was it important for you to honor and celebrate your father the way you did?
Speaker 1: And lucky me, he was.
Speaker 16: Just such a great example for me, and growing up, most of my friends didn't have a father. And even though my father didn't live in the house with me. He was just such a great example, and not for me, for everybody. Everybody respected my man. When my dad funeral, you had two thousand people there from the age of three to ninety three.
Speaker 1: Wow.
Speaker 16: Everybody came and head their respects. And I never forget. A man came in my dad's store one day after he passed and he was like big rich here. He was like, nah, man, you know he died, this grown man. He had to be about fifty seven years old.
Speaker 15: Man.
Speaker 1: It hit him hard.
Speaker 3: He couldn't believe it.
Speaker 16: Because my dad helped people grow. My dad helped people. He raised a lot of these people, men and women, like girls. If they got pregnant and didn't know how to tell their parents, they'd come to my dad.
Speaker 3: Guys went to jail.
Speaker 16: The payphone in my dad's store when you call, a lot of guys that went to jail, they would call and my dad would actually bond them out, so you know, and in a lot of ways, that actually saved my life in a lot of ways, because I had so much protection from the foundation that my dad, my uncle, my brother laid down. And when I had the conversation on Gils Pod with Steven A.
Speaker 3: Smith.
Speaker 16: Remember when I said that's cap. I wasn't trying to be negative towards him. I'm saying this cap because I come from an environment where I survived that energy for somebody to tell me get the you know, oh.
Speaker 1: You talk about Stephenni Smith.
Speaker 16: You know when he said when he said he told me to get the face. I'm like, you never said that to me. Not because I'm this tough guy, because I'm I'm for peace prophet, but I'm a stand on what I believe in.
Speaker 3: It's because where I come from.
Speaker 16: My energy is not gonna push you to say that to me nobody, And that was that was my thing, Not because it's this tough thing. No, it's I never my aura doesn't exude that.
Speaker 3: But it's because of how I grew up.
Speaker 7: All Right, We got more with Rich Paul when we come back. His book Lucky Me is out right now. It's the Breakfast Club, Good morning Morning. Everybody is DJ Envy Charlamage the guy we are the Breakfast Club was still kicking it with Rich Paul. He has a new book, Lucky Me out right now. You know him as the agent to Lebron James Anthony Davis and so many more.
Speaker 1: Charlomage podcast, Why you disrespect Michael Jordan like that? On the podcast? I didn't disrespect Michael Jordan.
Speaker 5: You said that he you said bron is Platinum and Michael like damn.
Speaker 16: I said for me because us, the way I'm looking at it is.
Speaker 1: You never respected Michael Jordan's You said that in the book.
Speaker 3: I did not see.
Speaker 16: I did not say that, But you're not gonna do that.
Speaker 1: You said you said you respected him on the court, but off the court he wasn't for the culture basically what you no.
Speaker 3: I said.
Speaker 16: I respected him on the court, of course, but there was no touch. Michael Jordan was a different guy off the court.
Speaker 6: You know.
Speaker 16: I had several examples of Michael Jordan off the court, right, so that that's not a slight to me. I love Michael Jordan. By the way, every shoe until like after fourteen, because it started getting a little weird. Every game I used to watch the commercials wouldn't even shore I was Michael Jordan.
Speaker 5: Everything you said about Jordan in the book, I understood exactly what you mean.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but that's my thing.
Speaker 1: So like Iverson was more culturally, Yeah.
Speaker 16: But but okay, So when you think about a guy like Alan Iverson, imagine if Alan Iverson had a rich Paul. You see what I'm saying, It's a different dynamic because I understand him, understand culture, and I know what those braids and what that arm sleeve did, and I understand the business that that that didn't necessarily go with rebound.
Speaker 1: Who would you talking with back then?
Speaker 3: Nike?
Speaker 1: Did Nike? You understand it because he was dead. It's not like I'm sure Nike off of him something.
Speaker 16: Alan Iverson knew what his agent total. You can spend it, hire which way you want to spend it. And if you don't know culture, how many pairs of sneakers you think his agent bought A.
Speaker 1: Ivers I don't know, but I know I bought a bunch of the man.
Speaker 16: I'm just saying, prior to Alan ivers how many pairs of sneakers you think is agent probably bought?
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, probably nothing exactly.
Speaker 3: So how could you? How could you do a shoe deal for me?
Speaker 16: And you don't because you're gonna get very few guys that can actually move product. Everybody have a signature shoe cannot move product. So that's just for your ego. When you have a signature shoe, to go is to build a signature business. There's been very few guys that can build a signature business.
Speaker 1: That's true.
Speaker 3: My thing is, you can't help me make that decision.
Speaker 16: Now you can help ninety nine point nine percent of the players make a decision on a shoe deal, because it's just pretty simple if you don't care about the brand. Pretty much, most guys don't on to whar who's paying the most money. It's only gonna work while I'm playing. But if you're an Alan Iverson, that ain't what you need. You need somebody that understands culture, understands cool, understands product.
Speaker 3: You get what I'm saying, because you have.
Speaker 16: The opportunity to build a business that can have sustainability in the marketplace much longer than you play.
Speaker 1: Let's go back to the platinum Antlas thing though.
Speaker 3: No, okay, So all I'm saying is that's just for me.
Speaker 16: I think people people oftentimes want you to think how they think for whatever reason.
Speaker 3: Obviously we know MJ's a goat of his erar.
Speaker 1: No, he's the goat of his era. He's the goat rich It's okay.
Speaker 16: Of Listen, you can't compare errs man like you can't fall mj for the era he played in.
Speaker 3: You can't fault Lebron for the era he played in.
Speaker 16: You can't fault Steph Curry for changing Steph Curry changed the game of basketball in the way it's played. My coach Frank Novak or coach j May rest in peace with Glennville, legendary coach. If you stepped across half court and shot a forty foot jumper, that's a bad shot. Steph Curry turned a bad shot into a great shot for Steph Curry, not for everybody. You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 3: We can knock those things.
Speaker 16: And again, when you talk about the Jordan Lebron, everybody gonna have.
Speaker 3: Their own opinion. You're you're entired to.
Speaker 16: That Michael Jordan was the best guy I ever seen played the game of basketball until twenty years of Lebron. Me saying twenty years of Lebron, that's not a knock. Lebron could also play with Mike. I think Lebron would have been just as good in Mike's era.
Speaker 5: Do you think people will ever fully appreciate Bron if we keep comparing him to Michael Jordan, that's my thing.
Speaker 16: Lebron was the first person that did things how he wanted to do it, unapologetically wanted here to do everything like Mike.
Speaker 3: Well, I don't have to do that. That shouldn't be a knock on me.
Speaker 1: Good marketing, though, like Mike, everybody wanted to be like Mike.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but you know, everybody wanted to be like Mike. That was a great. That was a great you know.
Speaker 1: When you think about himself.
Speaker 3: But when you think about that, it shot hurts you that bad.
Speaker 1: Man beat Cleveland in the playoffs.
Speaker 16: I was actually I was actually Mike fan. I was actually I'm still a Mike fan. I talked to Mike all the time, like it's not that's not a thing.
Speaker 1: Do y'all argue about who's better?
Speaker 16: We had we go on the base about different things. I got the utmost respect for Mike. We're gonna reate debates about different things. But I'm also a truth like, I don't sugarcoat things, and I'm never gonna get.
Speaker 3: In the room.
Speaker 16: It could be Jay Z in here and Mike in here, and then here comes Charlotte Man and I act like I don't know you, or I start talking different. I'm not gonna get to New York and start talking like I'm from New York.
Speaker 1: I don't.
Speaker 3: We don't play that where I'm from. So it don't matter who it is on the other end.
Speaker 16: If I believe something, that's what I believe, it's not a slight to anybody.
Speaker 3: I think Mike's to go. I also think.
Speaker 1: Lebron's I agree with that.
Speaker 16: I think the antlers are a little different for different reasons. That has nothing to do with the game of basketball, though. The great business all time, my top five all time, Top five of all time, Bron, Mike, I mean I gotta put Steph in there now, step at three. Not no, I'm doing positions, Okay, Okay, yeah, I got I gotta put Kobe in there too.
Speaker 1: You got to think about no.
Speaker 3: No, I'm just saying I gotta put Kobe in there.
Speaker 16: Four four, Magic, you shack, You go nah, because I already got my point guard and I rock with Magic. But I mean, you know I would go shack. Yeah, I would probably go shack. But you know, I don't do top five. That's my team that nobody can beat. That's my team. But then when you talk about just great players. Kevin Durant's a great player. Despite what anybody has to say. The league is full of great players right now. Giannis is a great player. You know Damian Lillard. People try to get on a guy like a d but there's no better basketball player. When you talk about Anthony Davis, when he's playing the game of basketball his level, he's unbelievable. But these young guys today, you look at what Jason Tatum, I mean, all these and I have the guys that I represent, the young guys that I represent. We got dogs Man Garland, Maxie John John, Tay Trey, you know, Miles Bridges is back, Zach Lavine, Darrin.
Speaker 1: Fox in the world. I'm just so maybe what was the dude named Drew Rosenhouse. Maybe a little bit, but.
Speaker 16: Not because you understand, like I'm appreciative of my guys, You're only as strong as the guys allow you to be. You know, the way I go about and we go about our business as a company, it's just different. We know I'm not I know I'm not gonna be able to represent every player, every family. Don't want to hear the truth when you're in a meeting and at the same time. You know, you still got parents that believe in the so called establishment, and you still got people that are defined by their business card. I don't carry a business card because I define a business card. It's a difference, you know.
Speaker 7: All Right, we got more with Rich Paul when we come back. His book Lucky Me is out right now. It's the Breakfast Club, Good morning morning. Everybody is dj NV Charlamagne, the guy we are the Breakfast Club was still kicking it with Rich Paul. He has a new book, Lucky Me out right now. You know him as the agent to Lebron, James, Anthony Davis and so many more. When the league tried to box you out, how difficult was that because at one time they tried to change the rich the Rich Paul rule where you had to go to school and this, that and the other. When they tried to box you out, break it down, a couple.
Speaker 3: Of things happened.
Speaker 16: So when I first got in the business, the first thing there was an article written on me that tried to basically stuck my growth or stop me from being put in position to even represent players. That was done strategically coming from a place I once was, And they tried to do that a couple of people did. That was one thing that many people sk over and don't even know about. And so I had to go through this whole thing, the NC DOUBLEA investigating me all that found nothing, but the young man lost its eligibility, which was bad. It really cost him. But that came from somebody strategically targeting me to try to do that number one. And at the time when the article was written, it was like, damn, you got them to write this article about me that you know not true. That really pissed me off. And then from there the rule from the NC DOUBLEA that became the Rich Paul rule that said agents had to have a college degree to be able to represent people that are testing the water, meaning that I'm not sure if I'm a pro or not, and I want to keep my eligibility.
Speaker 3: Well, I don't really.
Speaker 16: Represent guys that's testing the water anyway. So I really wasn't focused on that. But at the same time, when I thought about it a little bit more, I'm like, damn, this is not even about me per se, because I'm already over the hill in terms of I made On another side, it's nothing that could really do to me. This is about people come behind me, right, and so they're trying to stop that.
Speaker 3: And that's when I wrote the opt Dead. I think it took six.
Speaker 16: Days from to take it down or whatever. It was like, they totally removed it because that was BS.
Speaker 1: And it was clear and blatant.
Speaker 3: They know that, Yeah, it was blatant.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Now now I know.
Speaker 5: Books are always you know, great first steps, first steps in the journey of healing. So what are you doing to unpack some of the trauma that you experienced throughout your life?
Speaker 1: Right in?
Speaker 3: This book was very therapeutic for me. Man. I needed that.
Speaker 16: I needed that because, you know, as a kid, I bottled so much and I didn't know anything about talking to a therapist. Back then, you know, the therapist was like a guy with a fifth of rolls in his hand. You drunk, you talk, you know. But today I'm in a much different space. And that's why I felt it was kind of like four things motivation the book. I think it was important to get people perspective and perception, and then to allow people to walk with you through your journey and these experiences because we have shared experiences despite race, gender, whatever the case may be.
Speaker 3: Background, wherever you came from.
Speaker 16: There's a chapter in this book that you share an experience with me in some shape form of fast for sure, and for some people, most chapters in this book you're gonna share and experience and experience with me.
Speaker 3: So the timing of it just felt right.
Speaker 16: And anything I do is gutting heart man, like you know, and just like me and Lebron's texting the other day and I was like, man, I really want to get the artist to do like a self destruction or all in the same game type song because it's just what's happening today with our youth, just just so much careless killing. And I don't knock the music in terms of sharing your story, but it's just to a point to where we need a different message. And that's not to not be cool and not to be relatable and all that. I know the relatability thing, but it's also relatable to tell somebody what you're doing, why you're doing it, and why not to do it.
Speaker 3: As well, because that's what we grew up on, you know.
Speaker 16: What I'm saying, Like change is cool to cop, but more important, it's lawyer fees. That's how it is now, That's how it always be I never change, which is always me, you know, like I can't expect people to be Jay and I don't. But at the same time, there's a balance, right, But we need that we need because it's just crazy, that's what's going on, you know right now it's not even about no money. You know this, And there's there's a there's a chapter in the book. Remember I talk about the kid who said, well, that's why your mom.
Speaker 5: Smoke crack, right, and I used to snap crazy and then when they do that, you get frozen.
Speaker 1: Yeah, how to navigate through that? Right?
Speaker 16: And today it's hard for kids to do that because social media is observer's paradox. And so if me and you got into that school and we was in the bathroom, but Envy was the only one that's seen us, you know, it's like, well, I want to know you say you want Well, V the only one that's seen us.
Speaker 3: Maybe he want to comment on it, Maybe he don't.
Speaker 1: I think have been teasing Envy. I just feel like that. I feel like I feel like he's got.
Speaker 16: You gotta you gotta relax on V with the last kids, you know, I support Envy. Back in the day when a lot for us in the in the culture, like you got to relax. But what I will say is just like but today, anything you do, if a kid don't get a like they take the picture down or enough like you know, and then now it's about comments that people are making and it's calls in this retaliation and you're losing the kid prior to so I look at it. I'm saying like you got to be able to get there, like these kids not even allowing themselves to get there to where you know, we all did crazy stuff when you're young, but like who you are today, how you perceive life and you know, your family and different things like that your job. When you look back on some of the things you did when you was young, like and that was stupid. That was really stupid, you know. And so but they're not even getting a chance to look back. They want to do it. They want to it's a cloud thing and it's and it's a it's just a weird place right now.
Speaker 1: East side of Cleveland.
Speaker 16: Yeah, Edmonton, Yeah one twenty fifth Edmonton is like the to the exact Google map boom origin. But Glendale community in Saint Clair's where I'm is, where I'm from.
Speaker 1: How does the Dell fare in those environments.
Speaker 3: I took her there really hell yeah, what yeah?
Speaker 1: What did she say?
Speaker 3: By the way, it's funny listen, hundred percent one hundred percent.
Speaker 16: And by the way, you know, we're pulling up and I got security right in.
Speaker 3: The Cleveland police everybody. So I'm pulling up to houses. You know what it looks like when we when we're pulling up, you know, all black trucks. The president of the town, they think the president. Yeah, so you know, it starts spreading throughout the neighborhood. Like man like you you can't.
Speaker 16: You got to give us a heads up or something, pulling up like that. But no, like we went to the hood thoughs No, for sure. My family is my family, bro. You know in the book and when you in Cleveland, all we all we saw was Cleveland. So no matter how far I go in life, I take Cleveland with me because I couldn't be me without Cleveland, and not just Saint Clair, all of Cleveland, you know, up the way, down the way, cross town.
Speaker 1: Like this book is a love letter to Cleveland.
Speaker 16: It raised me, really, it really, it really raised me, and it'd be hard for me to be who I am without the way I grew up. And I really appreciate the guys in the Dice House that raised me, you know all of them, you know, Little Mos and Texas and Wings and and my uncle Lance, my uncle Warren.
Speaker 1: You know I did the hood embracing Adele when you had her out there.
Speaker 3: They loved it, you know. Yeah, they rocked with it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's some legendary They rock with it.
Speaker 3: Yeah, they look at me.
Speaker 16: They rock with it because that's part of me. It's hard to date me. And then I'm not me that that that'll never happen. I'm not changing for nobody. I had Jake sending the hoods one one day during the tour. This was like five, and he came out and where am I?
Speaker 3: This guys at? Where this guys at? Where my where? My Saint Clair? Is that? You know what I'm saying?
Speaker 1: They grew up in Marson.
Speaker 3: No, no, no, I understand that you said. You said that.
Speaker 16: I'm just saying in terms of just me being me, But no, they love it. They love it for sure.
Speaker 3: Married life is good, shot man, you as her husband. Life is very good. You know. The book is out today, Lucky.
Speaker 1: Me, its Rich Paul. It's the Breakfast Club.
Speaker 7: Morning morning, everybody, It's DJ n V, Charlamagne the Gud. We are the Breakfast Club again. Shout to Rich Paul for joining us. Lucky meet is out right now.
Speaker 5: Pick up that book, man, Fantastic fantastic Greed. And the reason I keep telling y'all that the last page of this book is literally meeting him, meeting Lebron James, is because that's how interesting Rich Paul's story in life was up until that point.
Speaker 3: Ye all right, well, let's get to the room with Jason Lee's here, y'all.
Speaker 1: Jeez, do not be alarmed. Good morning, Jason Lane.
Speaker 5: I'm bad all the Hollywood unlocked, you yours, what's happening?
Speaker 11: Don't even waste your time trying to compete with me?
Speaker 3: Nick, this is the rumor report.
Speaker 2: I knew I can talk myself on the Breakfast Club.
Speaker 3: I ain't gonna lie.
Speaker 2: I'm in my mental health process, but I am cottle bit.
Speaker 3: Well.
Speaker 2: Britney Spears has blessed us all with yet another dance on her social media. She took to Instagram and blessed us with the dance to the song Beyonce came I performed years ago called Daddy lessons. Now, if you don't know that song, this is it.
Speaker 17: His hand on his ride, He's on the Bible.
Speaker 1: I know Brittany cut a rug to that one.
Speaker 3: You don't know nothing about that song.
Speaker 5: Nothing at all. That record I'm a Pink Smith one from Nose Card and don't play with Me.
Speaker 2: That's Britney's reckon, wasn't No. This is why people are That's why people are confused. I think there's going to be a study at some point that we all realized we were wrong for Free and Brittany, because Brittany she probably should be locked back up anyway. So she was dancing to this song in her black crop top and cheetah print panties and black boots, and she captured by saying, so many people have done remixes to my songs without my knowledge. So I guess it's safe to say I will be redoing this song eventually. Just need to meet I need to meet jay Z and rap to it.
Speaker 3: What's up? I didn't know that was a Britney song. I know that that was Uh.
Speaker 1: I didn't know what Brittany. I thought that was Beyonce and to Eliminade album.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it was.
Speaker 2: Oh well, she's saying that this is her song. I guess that she's gonna remix, but maybe maybe I should.
Speaker 1: Think of her song. And it starts off going, yeah, that was for her.
Speaker 3: She probably thinks it's her song because she's not on her medication, so.
Speaker 1: It's not really a song.
Speaker 3: No confuse, I mean we googled it.
Speaker 1: No, we googled it.
Speaker 2: It doesn't show anywhere that is Britney songs. I'm sure Britney Spears fans will.
Speaker 1: Maybe she says she just want to remix Beyonce. Yeah, she's saying she wants to cover Beyonce's Daddy Lessons with jay Z.
Speaker 7: I thought she said because Beyonce covered one of her songs first, That's what I thought.
Speaker 2: She says, so many people have done remixes to my songs without my knowledge.
Speaker 1: Yeah, she's not talking about Beyonce, she's just talking about it in general.
Speaker 2: Nobody wants Britney Spears to redo this song, and jay Z is not going to answer your call.
Speaker 1: I don't think so either.
Speaker 3: All right, well there's other stuff going on.
Speaker 1: Uh, that was me and Jason.
Speaker 3: You think Jayson gonna called Brinny back?
Speaker 1: Why the hell would jay I don't know what you're talking about now now, I'm really.
Speaker 5: He just doesn't mean you don't listen, you don't be I'm saying Jason was meaning the Brittany, You idiot.
Speaker 3: How was I mean to Britain say? In the facts? I just said that she needs help, That's what she said.
Speaker 1: What do you say?
Speaker 5: Nobody wants to hear it beyond Nobody wants to hear it beyond j He's not gonna call her back.
Speaker 2: Nobody wants to hear her sing a song that Beyonce has done, and nobody's gonna call her back. Nobody wants to hear in her cheated print panties, her dogs.
Speaker 1: Cheet print panties. He might be the only one right now.
Speaker 3: Okay, well listen.
Speaker 2: Drake's father now is also speaking of He's tired of you and everybody else coming on?
Speaker 1: Yeah, bro, what is the list? Man?
Speaker 3: We gotta put the list back?
Speaker 1: Somebody took the listen from What the hell that list gonna do for Jason Lee? Ye Jesus Christ.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that was a hard Okay, there's an effing it's an effing shame that a young artist can't do his own thing and enjoy the glory without an older hater mother effort trying to bust his bubble.
Speaker 3: I'm gonna read this real slow, yeaf.
Speaker 2: And it's only because I don't want to mess up because he has nothing going on and to mention or put a limit on what age anyone should be dealing with, which is none of his god dang business as long as they're of legal age.
Speaker 3: I'm sick of these old effing hat haters effing with my son. If you don't like what he does, keep it moving, mother effort. He's not bothering you.
Speaker 2: That was a shot to Joe Budden, who he and everybody else is saying is hater over Champagne Poppies new music. But also we talked earlier about Birdman getting on Clubhouse defending Cardi. He also got on Clubhouse and had a lot to say, I think, specifically to Joe Budden.
Speaker 3: This is what he said. We got that?
Speaker 1: No, Nope, nope, I don't have it.
Speaker 5: You know, album rollout for Drake isn't even fun for me anymore because usually when Drake drops a project, I'm the only one hating on him. Now it's like everybody's talking the way I've been talking about Drake's music and now I'm I don't even feel like I want to participate. I actually think the criticism is unfair.
Speaker 3: Now you think it's a fair this well now then Birdman had sister said you two.
Speaker 14: Thing okay, Campagne the real deal and the playing with Champagne Popp because suck my stop playing with Champagne. I don't have no ills with Joe Button always. I personally always respected.
Speaker 1: Joe butden I have none ill about Joe butten.
Speaker 14: But he can't play with the goat. And if you playing with the goat, then you want a problem. If you want a problem, he'll.
Speaker 3: Kill your problem.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean listen.
Speaker 5: I do think the criticism is slightly unfair though, because I mean, this is the same Drake music that he's been putting out for at least the last five sixty six years.
Speaker 3: Yeah, the promise.
Speaker 1: What differ between this album and the album with twenty one that he dropped last November? Opinions?
Speaker 7: But opinions is like a holes right, everybody hasn't But when it comes to it, it's like people look at Drake differently, Like if jay Z drops a new album the younger community, my daughter might not like she might not f with it, you know what I mean.
Speaker 5: She's twenty twenty one, about to be twenty two. But Drake, they love, so it's coming from two different opinions of how they feel about me. By the way, he's not going through anything that no artist of his stature has not gone through, not even an artist of his stature, anybody who's been in the position that he's been in consistently winning for so long.
Speaker 1: There's always a point in time. They love you, they hate you, get tired of seeing you win, and they love you.
Speaker 5: Can't take any opportunity even because this album is not as bad as y'all making it out to be.
Speaker 1: Who's who's saying it.
Speaker 7: Who's saying that this album is so bad that the internet not everybody, but there's a lot of It is a large amount of people, But it's also a large amount of people.
Speaker 1: I love that. Of course it is because going to sell for fifty thousand records.
Speaker 2: But what I do love about this album is that it's creating a conversation versus it being a being talked about just because of TikTok.
Speaker 1: Yes are being something that comes in goals.
Speaker 5: Think about how much music is like farts nowadays, you smell it for a second and then it just fades away.
Speaker 3: Why have you been talking about farting all day?
Speaker 1: Butts all day? I'm projecting?
Speaker 3: Okay, Well, Sukiana is in the news also she's revealing she's that.
Speaker 1: Was a good segue.
Speaker 2: Well when she was on my show, she talked about liking people dumping on her. But anyway, she's now talking about cars that all cheaters drive. And I know that Charlott Magne believes that all black men don't chat, which we can get into that. You know, this is the audio of her saying what cars she believes cheaters drive?
Speaker 1: What kind of car do all cheaters drive?
Speaker 18: Cheaters drive track hawks, Camaros, what's same?
Speaker 1: Cats, definitely buicks. Yeah, that's cars.
Speaker 18: That's the cheaters. If you got the man with that car just so you get cheated on really hell yeah, I don't know why, but I just know that's what cheaters. Brit especially chracalls. Come on, you're getting cheated on him. There's a lot of in the car and he's picking up he's slotting number one.
Speaker 4: That's the cheating car.
Speaker 1: So if we got pulled up and wanted to take you on a date and he pulled up in a chalcoc Would you be like, Okay, a lot of cheaters.
Speaker 18: We're going on a date. We're gonna get yeah, bare going shop it. Yeah, that's I'm gonna I'm gonna appreciate the experience that.
Speaker 5: I have with that's the rich ass cheaters. Back in my day they had the middle class cheatings. You know, there's actually a top ten cars that cheating spouses drive. You do know that, right, This is from today, is from twenty twelve. Men, it was Toyota, Ford, Chevy, Honda, BMW, Dodge, Nissan, Jeep, GMC, Mercedes was last.
Speaker 1: Women, that's all the costs.
Speaker 5: Women, it was Honda for it's an order, you idiot paying attention, And women it was Honda number one, for number two, Toyota number three. I gotta say the numbers and then we can keep up for Chevy five, Mercedes, six, Nissan, seven, Christler eight, Dodge, nine, BMW ten, Volkswagon.
Speaker 3: When they threw my may back in there, well, I guess that's Mercedes, right, Mercedes.
Speaker 1: So non chet drive Teslas. You know this was twenty twelve. Wasn't no Tesla's talking about now? Tesla right.
Speaker 5: If you care about the environment, you don't cheat. You're right up there with black men, black men and people who care about the environment.
Speaker 1: Don't you cheat? All right?
Speaker 3: Well that is your rumor report with you're in denial. Will you give me a donkey too?
Speaker 1: For after the hour?
Speaker 5: Man, Wow, we need a twenty three year old man named Jacob Thompson to come to the front of the congregation. Speaking of cars. He stole one, but for a valid reason. Oh boy, not really, we'll discuss all right, We'll get to that next. It's the breakfast slug. Good morning, the Breakfast Club. Your mornings will never be the same.
Speaker 1: Make sure you're telling the watch out for Florida Milor the craziest people in America come from the Bronx in all of four. Yes, you are a donkey.
Speaker 19: The Florida man at taped in ATM for a very strange reason.
Speaker 3: It gave him too much money.
Speaker 8: Florida man is arrested after that say he rigged the door to his home in an attempt to electric hit his pregnant lights.
Speaker 3: Police arrested and Orlando man.
Speaker 2: We're talking to Famida the breakfast Club bitch Donkey of the day with Charlamagne A guy.
Speaker 3: I don't know why y'all keep it letting here and get y'all like this.
Speaker 1: It's not me little duval as y'all okay.
Speaker 5: Florida Donkey of the Day for Tuesday, October tenth goes to a twenty three year old Florida man named Jacob Thompson. Now, what does your uncle Shala always say about the great state of Florida. The craziest people in America come from the Bronx and all of Florida, and today's story is no exception. Now, Jacob has been hit with twelve different charges after allegedly stealing a car. Now, I know you're probably thinking, Charlamagne, cars get stolen all the time, being You're right, they do. But this man stole a car under a context of stealing a car that I have never witnessed before. Let's go to the Miami Herald for the report.
Speaker 9: Police, a Florida man who started out his day looking for work ended up behind bars. A man went to a Florida store for a job interview, then came the chaos. Cops say, a Florida man who started out his day looking for work ended up behind bars. According to an arrest report from the County Sheriff's office. The twenty three year old went to a Pilot Travel center and Lake Where for a job interview, but is now accused of stealing a vehicle from outside the business. Deputies responded to the convenience store and spoke with the manager, who said it was unclear how the suspect arrived for the appointment. He said he advised the potential employee that no one was there to conduct the interview and was told to come back on Monday. Deputies also spoke with a victim whose white twenty twenty two Cadillac XT four.
Speaker 3: Suv was taken.
Speaker 9: The suv then took off, but because it was outfitted with remote on Star technology, it's every move was tracked. After about twenty minutes, on Star switched off the engine. He was booked on various charges including grand theft, auto and resisting arrest. Deputies also recovered a handgun in the car, so he was also charged with aggravated assault with a deadly weapon.
Speaker 3: No bail was set.
Speaker 5: Jacob Thompson allegedly stole the car that was parked outside of the job he just applied for. Clearly he didn't know how he was going to get back to that job on Monday. Okay, this is why I can't stop saying the N word. This is really why I can't stop saying the N word. I've tried, but every time I try, something like this happens, and I just here's Stephanie Mills.
Speaker 1: In my mind, niggas.
Speaker 5: Now you know, I always tell y'all that in life we have to be the perfect balance of ratchelness and righteousness, and this man, Jacob, was being that to the best of his ability. He was being righteous by preparing for his future. Okay, I don't know if it was his mom, his grandma, maybe a probation officer. Somebody told this man to go get a job. Go apply for a job at the Pilot Travel Center, and he did that. He must have felt really good about his chances of getting a job, because as he was leaving his future place of employment, in his mind, he thought to himself, if I get this job, I have to be here on time every day. I'm gonna need transportation. I can't buy a car right now, but I can steal one. Let me tell all you car thieves something. If you can't afford to buy a car. Trust you can't afford to steal one either, because when you get caught, all right, because you will get caught, you're gonna have to pay for a lawyer. But I guarantee you the court is probably going to appoint one for you because you can't afford one, and you damn sure won't be able.
Speaker 1: To afford bond. So either way you choose to acquire said car, the cost is too high. But Jacob didn't care.
Speaker 5: Oh, he was willing to pay the cost to be the future boss, well at least the future employee, because he left Pilot Travel Center thinking how he doesn't have a car, but he can steal one. And I bet in his mind he thought to himself, I'll return it exactly where I found it when I get my first check. Now, I needless to say, Jacob didn't get far. Most plans that aren't thought through all the way to the end don't. Let's go to Fox thirty five or Lando to hear more.
Speaker 6: He's twenty three year old Jacob Thompson. Deputy say he stole the Cadillac SUV from a gas station on Friday and led them on a one hundred mile an hour chase on I four. It ended when on Star shut the engine off and Thompson lost control. He's now facing a long list of charges, many of them felonies, including armed burglary and assault with a deadly weapon.
Speaker 3: He has no bail.
Speaker 5: I would like to tell y'all on this World Mental Health Day, kids, if you do not conquer self, you will be conquered by self.
Speaker 1: Okay.
Speaker 5: Impost control is a real thing, and mastery of imposts is all self disciplined and choice. Jacob made the choice to get up and go apply for a job that day. Round of applause to him for that. Then he made a choice to steal a car from the same parking lot he applied for a job at, and then took the police on a high speed chase. And now he's got twelve charges arm burglary, flinging to the lude, possession of a firearm and ammunition by a convicted felon, aggravated a soul with a deadly weapon, and a charge the video game he thought he.
Speaker 1: Was playing is named after Grand Theft Auto.
Speaker 5: All those charges he received because he made a poor choice and because he simply has no impost control.
Speaker 1: Okay.
Speaker 5: Either of that or he just figured, you know what, I'm a convicted felon. It's way too hard getting a job out here as a convicted felon. But I know where I can get a job prison, all right. He can work in food service or the warehouse. He can work as an inmate, orderly plumber, painter, groundskeeper. You're only making twelve to forty cents an hour, but you got free room and board, free meals, and if you're willing to adjust your sexuality, you can get your pepe tasted every now and then. That's the only other logical explanation as to why he would do any of this. But am I looking for logic when I know the reason this happened. It's one word, three syllables floor ruh. Please give Jacob Thompson the sweet sound of the Hamilton's.
Speaker 8: You are the Dog.
Speaker 17: Of the day. The Dog of the day.
Speaker 5: Funny is holding up the list at one of our producers talk about I think he said a word that.
Speaker 1: I did not. I just say, no, whord that was on that list?
Speaker 3: To have to deliver all that, and remember this is this job is hard.
Speaker 1: Is hard. It will come up to a creative way, like I came up with a very creative way to say. Uh, don't say it. Uh, you know which one? Which one? Right over? Mother?
Speaker 3: I'm still stuck on the job tasting exactly.
Speaker 1: I look at the word again, look at the word over mother, efel what I said?
Speaker 17: You know what I mean?
Speaker 7: Now, Jacon, he's not one hundred percent goodies like on that fence. Yeah he's on that line.
Speaker 1: Yeah, he's on that line.
Speaker 3: All right, Well, thank you for that.
Speaker 1: Donkey to day. Indeed, b E T.
Speaker 7: We'll see out of them all piece b T everybody else when we come back. Doctor Rita Walker will be joining us, yes, because the day is World Mental Health Day. Doctor Rita Walker. You know, that's one of my favorite people on the planet. She was at my third annual Mental Wealth Expo.
Speaker 5: This past Saturday, and she has a fantastic book that I always tell people to read. It's called The Unapologetic Guy, The Black Mental Health. But now she's coming out with The Unapologetic Guy, the Black Mental Health Workbook.
Speaker 1: Yes, so she'll be here to talk about that. Uh in a bit, all right, we'll talk to her next. And don't move. It's the Breakfast Club, Good Morning, The Breakfast Club.
Speaker 17: Morning.
Speaker 7: Everybody's dj N v. Charlamage the gud We are the breakfast club. We got a special guest in the building. Yes, indeed, he just was at Charlomagne's Mental Wealth Expo in Manhattan.
Speaker 1: She's there every Yeah, she's been there for all three of them. Well, she was just there this Sunday. That's right. So we have doctor Eda walk a while.
Speaker 19: Good morning, It's great to be here.
Speaker 3: How are you're feeling.
Speaker 1: I'm blessed now.
Speaker 7: I wanted to talk. You know, me and my wife are talking about to the other day. You know, a lot of people have mental problems, but what I think makes it a lot worse is a lot of times we enable people by putting stuff out there that we know that it's clearly a problem. Like we see that with celebrities, we see that with regular people. So what do you say for for people like that, especially people that's going through it.
Speaker 19: It's you know, I appreciate that question, env because it's it's unfortunate because we already have a lot of stigma around mental health, and so when people are struggling and folks are making fun of them and joking and calling them out their names and everything else that we do, it makes them less likely to want to get help and.
Speaker 3: To reach out for help.
Speaker 19: So that's the that's the tragedy of it all. And what we can do, you know, with platforms like this one, the conversations that you all are having, is to raise awareness that mental illness is real, it hap on a continuum, and so I think sometimes we think about mental illness as just someone on the street maybe talking to themselves and talking to someone who isn't there. But there are variations of mental disability that happen for people, and if we can be more sensitive to those individuals, maybe they will be more likely to reach out for help. Maybe they would be more likely to say something like, you know, I don't know what's going on for me, but I need help instead. And this is true for any of us. If we feel like we're being criticized, we're not going to go asking the people who are criticizing us for help. We're not going to put more of our business in the street. And so I do encourage us, you know, encourage the listeners and for us as a society to be more sensitive. And even if you know, a joke gets out there, a meme gets out there before we know it it's okay to come back and say, you know what, I'm someone who feels like I'm psychologically sound. I apologize for what I just did. I apologize not to that individual, but also to the to our community, because we need people who are willing to stand up for what's right, even more so than anything.
Speaker 5: You know, you had a post on your Instagram that kind of ties and that you said you need people in your business. Yes, so explain why you think that. It's because the enview point. I feel like sometimes when we see these things play out publicly, then maybe or somebody be like, I think we need the intervene.
Speaker 4: Yeah, so I posted that.
Speaker 19: It's one of my YouTube videos on my YouTube channel that folks can subscribe to. But one of the things that we do is to say I'm not going to talk to anyone because I don't want anyone in my business. I've had folks, folks have been recommended to me for support and some type of care, and then when I reach out to them, they say, well, I don't need to talk to anyone. I got this figured out. The challenge of that is that people feel like I got this on my own because they don't know what mental health professionals do and they don't want again to have other people in their business. But we need people in our business because this is the thing when we're in crisis. When anyone is in crisis, they can't problem solve, like they can't see what's happening to them, and so they need trusted people around them to be able to say, hey, this is what I see, and I'm concerned about you. And that's what folks can say. You don't have to say, hey man, you messed up. Hey, you know, we don't need to criticize. It's helpful to say I'm concerned, this is what I see, state the facts, and just say I'm here whenever you're ready for whatever that looks like, and then move on.
Speaker 7: You know a lot of people are scared to go to see a therapist or they don't feel comfortable. And I always tell people, and I know Charlemagne says the same, it's all in your time, right when you feel comfortable, and you have to find the right therapist. Therapist is like, you know, like a doctor. Sometimes you might not like your doctor, might have to find another doctor. How would you advise them to try to get through their day? That's not smoking weed or not drinking or not doing something that is just you know, just a temporary fix.
Speaker 19: Yeah, you know, everything doesn't work for everybody, and so maybe tree leaning doesn't work, but well tree.
Speaker 3: Leaning leaning.
Speaker 1: Meaning yes, I'm sorry it doesn't work for you.
Speaker 19: But have you ever just gone outside to get a different perspective.
Speaker 7: All day long? I know, I know, my outside game is amazing. Like, I stay outside and it's it's what I love the air, it's fresh air, it smells.
Speaker 19: You can go outside in New York, you can because what it is about being outside is just a different perspective. Sometimes when you're in a physical space, you get stuck on ruminating what's happening in that space. Going outside allows you to get out of your head and maybe get a different aroma of air. But it changes things for you. And so that's one of the things. That's one of my favorite things that in deep breathing, because we can breathe deeply for free and at any moment, and so it's all about rounding exercises, being in the moment, being aware of the things that we tell ourselves, because we tell ourselves all kinds of not helpful things. One of my favorite things that I want to remove from the dictionary is the word should. I should be able to work out, or we should other people they should help me. We have to be aware of the things that we're telling ourselves that basically escalate depression and escalate anxiety. And one other thing that's a free one. Most folks, you know, take a shower at some point during the day, night, morning. Stop getting in the shower and going to work. People get in the shower and they think about everything that has gone wrong or everybody who got on their nerves, or everything they didn't do or need to do, and it's helpful. We can just get in the shower and have like a mini spa and just feel the water on our shoulders and be in that warmth, and that can set us up to be able to anticipate things that don't go our way.
Speaker 5: The Unapologetic God, the Black Mental Health, I'm telling you it was one of the greatest books I ever read. Y'all should get it. And all this information, I guess is going to be in this new workbook.
Speaker 19: Yes, okay, yes, So the workbook is available now for pre order. It will be released on November one, So I encourage everyone go to my website Doctor Rita Walker dot com. And by the way, Rita's spelled a little differently, it's each eed is in Diamond a Walker. But what I did was to take a lot of the tools from the first original book and put them in the workbook, because there are a lot of people who are walking around and I've seen them at the expo where they've got all kinds of notes and highlighting and things that they want to remind themselves to do. And so I went another further, as Mike Granny would say, and put all of that in the workbook, so that people have some steps that they can use, and folks can find which steps work for them, because again everything is so for everybody, but folks can find which steps work best for them.
Speaker 3: I will keep a lock.
Speaker 7: We got more with Doctor readA Walker when we come back is the Breakfast Club. Good morning Warning. Everybody is dj n V Charlomagne the gud We are the Breakfast Club.
Speaker 3: We're still kicking it with doctor Rida Walker.
Speaker 1: Charlomagne, Doctor readA Walker Man.
Speaker 5: Make sure you get the Unapologetic Guide to Mental Health Workbook.
Speaker 1: You can pre order it now.
Speaker 5: It's available November first, but you should go pick up the original book too before you get to the workbook.
Speaker 1: That's right.
Speaker 7: Now, what do you tell women, because I know you're navigating the mental health is black women on the panel? What you did this weekend? But what do you say two black women who you know, they have so much to deal with, right, because they're not just dealing with their mental right. If you have children, they got to deal with their children in the different attitudes and different feelings. And then if you have a husband, you got to deal with you know, your husband's day. And what do you tell how do you tell women to go through that and still try to keep their mental saying well.
Speaker 19: One of the messages from The Unapologetic Guide to Black Mental Health is first about self assessment because we sometimes try and create solutions without knowing what's going on. And you mentioned already we have a lot of different responsibilities and a lot of different domains, but we don't always recognize that we just who has time?
Speaker 3: You just keep it moving.
Speaker 19: And so in the book, I talk about this rating of zero to ten for psychological fortitude that is basically your capacity to be able to take care of your work and home responsibilities. Some people are in school too. In the African American community, as you all know, we have a lot of chronic illness and doctors are saying you have to take medication, and folks aren't managing their health well. And then we have to be able to follow our life purpose. And so if I could right now that my psychological fortitude is at an eight, I'm like, Okay, I'm doing pretty good. I can take on more things maybe, But if my PF for my psychological fortitude is that a six or lower, it's good to call in reinforcements. This is where the village comes in a lot.
Speaker 5: I want you to describe what psychological fortitude is and does the workbook have like some exercise in it that can help you increase it?
Speaker 19: Yes, the point of the workbook is in fact increasing psychological fortitude, Like that is the theme throughout.
Speaker 1: Okay, what kind of exercise does learn it that can help increase.
Speaker 19: Well, you know, one of my favorite things is cognitive restructuring. So that's a technical term that we use in cognitive behavioral therapy that is in my training as a psychologist, but giving individuals exercises to be able to reframe and rethink what is happening. So as an example for me this morning, one of the things that didn't work out was me getting my hands on the book and being able to bring that here for you. And so as I'm walking the ten miles that I thought ten minutes, but it was, it felt like ten miles. As I was walking to the studio and feeling kind of frustrated, like, man, I was supposed to have the book, you know, it was supposed to be here and we were going to take a picture and it was going to be great. And then I was like, you know what, but I'm going to be here. It doesn't really matter that much if I don't have the book. And when we can shift our thinking, it shifts our mood. You know, the way that we think about and assess our environment impacts how we feel on the inside. And so I have a lot of exercises on how we can rethink things. And there are folks who will say, well, you know that's not real. You know, that's that's that's kind of being fake. Okay, Well, let's make a choice between whether or not we want to be real and whether or not we want to drag down our own mood. So we have to figure out where our priorities are as far as how we're doing psychologically.
Speaker 7: Now, a lot of people have kids, of course, do you think every child should start with the therapist early.
Speaker 19: I think that therapy is probably best helped in helping dren indirectly with the adults. So one of the reasons that I wrote The Unapologetic Guide to Black Mental Health was because the suicide death rate was going up for five to eleven year old Black children while it was going down actually for white children. And my thinking was, what's going on for the parents, and what's going on for the teachers and aunties and the other adults around that child that they could be missing what's happening. It's not intentional, but you know, we're all going in so many different directions, and we have a lot of unaddressed and untreated anxiety and depression. Those are the two most common psychological challenges. And so I really desperately want to start with the adults because if we can get into a place psychologically where we can be more available to our youth, then I see us as the first line of defense. Now, there are some youth for whom the parents just don't have what we need there's some youth for which we just don't have it, and so for those folks, they do need to get professional help. But I think that we need to start with the parents.
Speaker 1: I want to ask you about two things that we had.
Speaker 5: Kirk Franklin up here, and I don't know if you've seen his Father's Day documentary where he finally meets his biological father for the first time. It is so it's so powerful because you see him dealing with his inner child in real time.
Speaker 1: But there's one saying that he says.
Speaker 5: He says, we all need to win wounded, because you know, we're all flawed, broken, Like he was like, we just have to learn how to win in life.
Speaker 1: Wounded.
Speaker 19: Yeah, well, and it's true. I mean everyone we all have been through something, whatever the something may be. It's different for all of us, but we've all been through something. And you know, my granny used to say, well, if you haven't been through something, keep on living. And so we need to be able to be aware that maybe something could be holding me back. There could be, but I'm going to fight on anyhow. My parents used to say, you got to work twice as hard to get half as far. You know, we have to be aware of these things that have happened to us, but at the same time tap into our strength. And that's probably one of the most important things that I think is important from both books and that I talk to my grad students about because I'm training doctoral students who are working on their PhDs, that with your clients, you have to find the strength in them. Help your client find their strength. We all have strengths, but oftentimes we get so overwhelmed with everything that's gone wrong that we lose track of what our talents and our gifts and what our strengths are.
Speaker 5: Talk about some of those studies that you and your doctoral student, Jazuine books have published.
Speaker 19: Well, there's one paper I think that we talked about more recently. There was based on mindfulness and recognizing that even for folks who with some of our other papers just experiencing depression, experiencing discrimination, that to the degree that we can be grounded in the moment and we're and be focused and let go of some of our judgmental thoughts, because sometimes we judge ourselves, we judge other people, we judge how we're feeling. But if we instead just focus on the moment and be in the moment, then those adverts things that have happened are less likely to escalate into suicide, ideation and thoughts of self harm and things of that nature. So again, just even when bad things happen, and that's been my research for the past twenty years that despite all of the adversity, that when we can call on our strengths, our gifts, our resources, and our talents, it offsets or mitigates the impact of some of the other bad things that have happened.
Speaker 1: And that's true for all of us.
Speaker 5: Doctor Rita Walker man, make sure you can get the Unapologetic Guide to Mental Health workbook.
Speaker 1: You can pre order it now.
Speaker 5: It's available November first, but you should go pick up the original book too before you get to the workbook. That's right, and we think you recommitted to everybody, like anybody that has any questions, you know, in regard to mental health. To me, I'm like, yo, you should read The Unapologetic God to Black Mental Health by doctor Rida Walker.
Speaker 1: And how can they shind you?
Speaker 19: I am at doctor Rita Walker dot com and again it's d r r h e ed A Walker dot com and I'm also on Instagram on all the social media's Doctor Rita Walker, and I appreciate you all, which is always always, always grateful for you Leonard and being willing to amplify this conversation and all that you do. And I appreciate just all the love and joy that you all have amongst each other.
Speaker 1: Thank you, doctor, Thank you so much. All Right, it's the Breakfast Club.
Speaker 3: It's doctor Riada Walker, the Breakfast Club.
Speaker 1: A bunch of young girl in here with jungle fever.
Speaker 3: Shut up, man, morning, everybody be on the Breakfast Club. Jason Lee say, let's jump right into the rooms.
Speaker 1: Please do not be alarmed. Good morning, Jason Lane.
Speaker 3: I'm bade all.
Speaker 1: The Hollywood Unlocked viewers, what's happening.
Speaker 11: Don't even waste your time trying to compete with me.
Speaker 1: Nick, this is the rumor report.
Speaker 3: I knew I can talk my on the Breakfast Club. I ain't gonna lie.
Speaker 2: I'm in my mental other processes, but I am cocult Nick. Now, I was gonna start with this whole pasture topic, but we're gonna need to pray for that.
Speaker 1: Next.
Speaker 2: First, we're gonna start with something that got all the black women in the studio upset, and that's Kayla Nicole. She's sharing a letter to black women after being dragged for weeks following the reveal of ex Travis Kelcey's relationship with Taylor Swift. And everybody knows that Taylor Swift has the NFL and everybody else online in her clutch. Well, Kayln Nicole is Travis Kelsey's X and they had a very public on and off again relationship for about five years. They split in May of twenty twenty two. During the Kansas City Chiefs game on October first, Taylor Swift was seeing Cherry Travis Kelcey on in a suite alongside his mom, which was great and everybody should have been happy. Well, some people weren't happy, including all of his exes.
Speaker 17: Now.
Speaker 2: Since then, daty rumors between the two have been a major topic ad discussion, with his exes now coming out public. One ex or before his ex, Kayler Nicole, one named Maya ben Berry, seemingly made herself a target when she came forward to share that Travis Kelsey wasn't faithful. She did a whole public warning to Taylor Swift saying that you know he's a cheater and shouldn't trust him.
Speaker 1: Well, white men do cheat.
Speaker 2: White men do cheat, but now white girls are getting under black women's skin because Kayln now has laid low, but now she's coming and catching strays by the fans the Swifties because of her former relationship with the man. One tweet said, to go from Kayln Nicole to Taylor Swift has to be the biggest downgrade I've ever witnessed.
Speaker 3: Yikes.
Speaker 2: Another one said, bruh, people keep saying Travis Kelce downgrade about how Taylor Swift is a billionaire who the f is Kayln Nicole? And so because of all these tweets, this beautiful black woman has come forward with a note, a love letter to other black women.
Speaker 1: And this is what she said.
Speaker 20: Hey, guys, Kayla here, It's always been really important for me to use my platform not to create division, but to elevate and unite women Black women, specifically, So I prepare a letter and would like to share it with you today. Dear black girl, they may call you a trader for falling in love. You'll hope the ones closest will protect you, but you will quickly find out that people don't protect what they don't value. They'll say you're too much, too provocative, too boisterous, too outspoken, and in the same breath tell you that you're not enough, not successful enough, wholesome enough, maybe not even intelligent enough. They'll say you deserve the backlash and embarrassment because of your blackness. You should have known better. They'll even try to tie your value to your net worth. But black girl, please remember, your value lies elsewhere. Your value is deep within your heart, the way you love, the way you give, your value is in your resilience, your willingness to forgive.
Speaker 2: I'm just mad that this came out after a white girl took a white man. But did she really take him? Because these people haven't been with him for about five years, and Beyonce's already done Brown Skinned Girl, which was a tribute to black women. Indri has a song brown Skin that was attribute to black women. And this may be coming from a good place, but I think it's also coming from a place of inferiority. I think she's scared that this white man then took this white girl.
Speaker 3: But who cares?
Speaker 1: Yeah, what does all black women have to do with this?
Speaker 5: Nothing Like a bunch of thirteen year old fifties went online and you know, pushed her so much that they got her right and open letters to black women because she lost her King snow krab leg stupid even know why she was attacked. Why she was attacked, that's her ex. They haven't dated in months?
Speaker 1: What years?
Speaker 3: I think years?
Speaker 1: What does this new relationship have to do with her whole relationship.
Speaker 7: I'm sure she's probably in a new relationship right.
Speaker 2: Well, some people are saying that this is a cloud chase, people trying to get their fifteen minutes a fan. I just I think it's embarrassing to all black women who are beautiful, strong, in my mind everything to be caught up in a conversation where you're sad that a white man's moved on with.
Speaker 3: A white girl.
Speaker 5: Yeah, she should have let doctor Umar Johnson proof read that open letter, you know what I mean? Because it should have been titled like for the love of colored girls who have a taste for King Snowkravilegs. They should have just been a generalization to all black women because she clearly she's talking to black women who have dated outside of their age, right, arem I tripper?
Speaker 2: I think she's just writing a letter to black women because people online are trolling her. I don't think this has anything to do with really empowering black women. I think for me, it's since the Black women movement back.
Speaker 1: I ain't gonna say all that, man, I can't. That was Jason Lee talking.
Speaker 2: You talk about I feel like any black woman that writes an old one letter to other black women reminding them of their power because a white girl got a white boy.
Speaker 3: What was a Listen, I can't even say what I thought.
Speaker 5: I can't say that all this is all because you know, people want their King snow crab legs. If you like King snow krab legs, eat your King snow crab legs and peace. I'll bring you some butter.
Speaker 1: You know what I mean.
Speaker 5: But don't make an open letter all black women. This is for black women who have a taste with King snow crab legs.
Speaker 3: Okay. Well.
Speaker 2: In other news, a pastor's now stirred up controversy after he's claiming that men only want women for sex, not for their good heart. Now Pastors going viral as he claims women need to accept the fact that men only want them for sexual pleasure and not their good hearts. He says women need to stop dressing sexually if they don't want men to look at them like that and objectify.
Speaker 3: Then this is what he said, I'm so sickle.
Speaker 21: Women talking about it all? He wanted six What you thought we was going? A man that won't six for between fifty two d inspire themselves in one building. The man to fail dad, see brother more it's the.
Speaker 1: Woman take a high end of all.
Speaker 21: Every month from six York got put on y'all breasts Buddish signed lips.
Speaker 1: That's the word on the hook.
Speaker 21: We see when you see you. Ain't no man in history ever saw a woman. Post Woman said, oh my god, her hardest spark trait. Every man is attracted to a woman sexually. It's your job for showing that it's more to.
Speaker 4: You and what's older.
Speaker 5: Be be careful these false profits. I mean, there's something to the conversation, you know what I mean. He's just basically saying that the first thing you see is the looks, right, So that is what draws you towards a person. And then and then when you have a conversation with a person, then you fall in love with that individual that's soul at heart. Yeah, and it can be vice versa. You might meet somebody and This usually happens with men, right, right, We're not the best lookers, right, the women probably look way better than us, but then they so then they meet us, and then you know, the.
Speaker 1: Conversation is what they they grow Yeah, yeah, yeah.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Well in my community, it's a fair that we both are looking at each other's looks.
Speaker 3: Yeah, she was here to start, right, That's that's how you start talking person, right.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Well, but there are sapio sexuals out there, people that are what is a sapio sapio.
Speaker 1: Sexual people that put the penis in trees because of the sap.
Speaker 2: No, you've talked about penis a few times, and but a lot actually come up here with the plan and not talk about gay stuff.
Speaker 3: And you always pull.
Speaker 1: Don't say nothing about game gay to sleep with a.
Speaker 2: Tree anyway, as sapio sexual is somebody that finds intelligence sexually attracted to or aroused. So intelligence, they're attracted to intelligence, but to get a conversation, to start with a conversation, so you can look at your pastor, and that pastor could be unattractive.
Speaker 3: But whatever he's saying is that's what I just said about.
Speaker 5: When it comes to men, most of the time men aren't the best looking person in the couple. And so when the woman and the man sit down and have a conversation, she hears what's coming out of this man's mouth. She hears this man has some intelligence, and that's what attracts them.
Speaker 1: That's what me. But guys see the looks and a woman, and then they gravitate towards them. Then they have the conversation with the woman, and like makes sense if you see what she's about.
Speaker 7: If you see a but ugly person, you're not gonna talk to me nine times ten, you're not gonna have that conversation at all. See, But if the person is attracted, you might say, Okay, well, let me see if this person is a good person.
Speaker 1: Let me see if they have any.
Speaker 3: I don't care if they're a good person.
Speaker 1: And Jason gone and put some tithes and offerings in the past the plate.
Speaker 2: Man, I'm not giving at some offers in the path of the plate. That sounds gay too, No, I don't nothing that, Jason, go give the pastor some ties and offer I.
Speaker 5: Say that, I think, go put something that does not what Jason says like that it does it does, So you ain't that, Yeah, you did that.
Speaker 7: I don't know what you two guys are doing. We ain't doing nothing, Sam Sexual, I don't know whatever. I'm confused.
Speaker 1: You only got to give them ten percent. That means to put the tip in.
Speaker 3: And that is your runner report.
Speaker 1: Jason.
Speaker 5: All right, when we come back from People's Choice mixes up next, get your request and it's the Breakfast.
Speaker 3: Looac come on the Breakfast Club. Your mornings will never be the same.
Speaker 7: Warning everybody, it's dj En v Charlamagne the guy.
Speaker 3: We are the Breakfast Club. Jason Lee is still here. Jason. We appreciate you stopping through them all.
Speaker 1: You come tomorrow. I'm here tomorrow, okay, Jason Lee.
Speaker 5: Sluta my girl, may west Man, she just hit me and said Jason Lee looked high in the cost of living.
Speaker 3: Was all right, Mayst how did that thug seem?
Speaker 8: She?
Speaker 3: Where's she watching us at?
Speaker 1: I don't know social media? She said. She sent me a message, She said, tell Jason he looked high in the.
Speaker 2: Cost of living, and that's why the bishop at her church his wife just got punched.
Speaker 3: You know, yeah, you don't see that, but stop playing with me.
Speaker 17: Man.
Speaker 2: Now you got your bishop's news out here. This why this why I always stay ready. That's why yesday when y'all said, why you always look like you're ready?
Speaker 3: Right there, I thought the therapy was taking them to a different place. I just turned that on.
Speaker 7: It was damn Jesus, poor pastor. Right when we come back, we got the positive notice to the Breakfast Club in the morning. Warning, everybody is DJ Envy Charlamagne the guy we are the Breakfas Club. Now Charlamne, you've got a positive note before we get up out of here. And Jason Lee, we appreciate you.
Speaker 1: Again, brother, thank you.
Speaker 5: Yes, I want to salute my guy Doug Melville before I do the positive note. Man Doug Melville has a book coming out called Invisible Generals. It'll be in stores November seventh, but you can pre order it now. It is telling the amazing true story of America's first black generals, Benjamin Old Davis Senior and Junior, a father and son who helped integrate the American military and create the famous Tuskegee Airman. It is the next book release off my book in print, Black Privilege Publishing with Simon and Schuster. So make sure you go out there and pre order my man, Doug Melville's book Invisible Generals. I believe it's coming out on Veterans Day, November seventh, figure, I believe, Yeah, November seven, fishs Veterans Day. But you can pre order it now, so yeah, go do that for me. And the positive note is simply this man. Also remember today is World Mental Health Day.
Speaker 1: All right.
Speaker 5: One in four people suffer from a mental health problem, but sometimes it can be invisible. So let's keep you eradicating the stigma. Let's keep the conversation going. We got to keep raising away and let everybody know it's okay to not be okay. Your feelings are valid, you matter, and you will never be alone.
Speaker 1: All right, have a great day. Breakfast cud bitches
Speaker 3: Do y'alla finish or y'all done.