Speaker 1: All right, let's start this off for this hour off with recapping last night's b E T Hip Hop Awards.
Speaker 2: It was hosted by Fat Joe.
Speaker 1: Did you guys see it?
Speaker 3: You see it?
Speaker 2: Carla?
Speaker 4: I did? I did, surely I saw some of it. I didn't see all of it, but Fat Joe did his thing. Yeah, it's probably tonight, but DC Young Fly gave you a shoutout. Steve, he came on here. He had a suit on. He said, I'm rocking my Steve Harvey bag, you know, promoting game show Celebrity Square. So you got a shout out on the b ET Hip Hop Award. Yeah, for the culture. For culture. Also, let's see the City Girls performed Young Mind. Uh huh, Marley Mall got the I M in the town.
Speaker 3: They had to beat them out a lot slide.
Speaker 4: They beat a lot though and Sexy Red Lord.
Speaker 3: Everything.
Speaker 4: I said, it's too much. Let's see l L Did you see l L L L shut it down?
Speaker 3: Yes, he performed.
Speaker 4: Of course, he performed Around the Way Girl, And you know all of that was from the album Mama Said Knock You Out, which Marmy Mam produced, So of course he was going to perform that Uh, it was cool to see DJ Quick, Jesse, Jeff uh Timberland, Swiss beats. You know, they had a segment and they talked about how you were DJ, how the DJs became producers producers, yes, and how important they were, so that was cool. They talked about versus, how versus really changed the pandemic yep, and the pandemic could change the world, so Swiss said, and coming back, So we'll see, we'll see. Uh, let's see. We talked about l L. But you know, my thing is watching this. Know I still miss the hip hop of you know, method Man, Biggie Pop. I still miss that a little bit. I know things have changed. And then with the females, I want to see a little bit more of Lauren Hill type artists in light just kind of mix it up a little bit with the females. It's cool, the whole little Kim run.
Speaker 3: But well, y'all know if you put Lauren Heill on the show, you know you can't tape it live.
Speaker 4: Late, right, But I mean that style, the new Lauren here, the new lights, the new Queen la t is just switching it up a little bit. But you know, it's all for the culture. Hip Hop fiftieth anniversary. So it was cool. Oh yeah, DJ Knights and Kid Capri the DJ that good. Yeah, that really was.
Speaker 3: I want to tell you right now, don't listen to King Capri is the gangster of them all.
Speaker 4: Yes, it's a very boor nice though.
Speaker 3: He Yeah. DJ n didnest thing.
Speaker 4: Yeah yeah, a y coppy. He didn't got a shout out on the War Show. Not he you you heard him?
Speaker 3: Thank you. Hipop culture all the way back to hip hop hop hop so.
Speaker 4: So deaf, so so damn.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yes, yeah that was good too cool all right, Moving on to other trending topics. California Governor Gavin Newsom signed the build to create a new statewide alert. It's called the Ebony Alert.
Speaker 1: Guys. It's designed specifically to help locate missing black youth and other blacks ages twelve to twenty five. The Ebony Alert officially becomes law on January first, and will work like the Amber Alert process. Democratic Senator Stephen Bradford, a black man, authored the Ebony Alert bill and introduce the legislation earlier this year. Now, a lot of Californians are outraged over the Ebony Alert, saying that it's just another form of segregation with Amber Alert for white kids and now Ebony alert for black kids and black people. So what do you think, Steve?
Speaker 2: Do you support ebny alert?
Speaker 3: Will you support it?
Speaker 2: Look to launch January first?
Speaker 3: I mean, you know, unless they have data that shows, which they probably do, that they don't report black children missing at the same rate, or they don't look for them at the same rate, or something like that, I don't. I don't know what they have, but they must have some type of data that shows there's a less response, you know, but for me, but for me all children. We should have the same energy for all children, exactly. AGREEA yes, all, But here's what's See. You can be upset about it if you want to, but Black people have always had to create something for themselves because we get excluded so much. Now I don't know what the requirements are for an Amber alert to go out. I think the Amber alert is a great idea. But see what you mad about an ebony alert for I mean, you know, look, we're trying to find these kids, well put them on Amber alert. Well okay, but is there something going on that we don't know which caused this consenator to even want to say, hey man, we need a build to help to y'all start looking for these brown and black kids same way y'all looking for everybody else. And is if that's the case, then I understand it, you know fully. So the Amber alert is only for people under seventeen, That's what I understand. This goes from all the way up to twenty five. The ebony alert kind of opens it up because sex trafficking is so huge now, and you know, you got to report these people as missing, so maybe that's it. And now we don't have no reason to because it's opening it up to a different age group, eight more years at it. And then you get to look for people appoint people who have been sex traffic because that's really big too. So maybe it's a good thing. So quick crime. Every time you hear something that ain't just all white or something, ebony alert, ebny alert simply means it's something else going on outside of the age bracket of North Amber alerts for seventeen and under.
Speaker 2: Well, thank you guys. Coming up in twenty minutes after a Nashville teacher made a white female second grader take off an AKA T shirt that she wore to school, we'll tell you what happened. Right after this, you're listening hard morning show