Speaker 1: Wait up, wait White.
Speaker 2: You guys really are like the hip hop, early morning late night talk Hill Breakless Club is the most powerful popular urban radio show.
Speaker 3: Maybe like from the Black Mothership in New York City. It's DJ yem V and Charlamagne to God, it's different, you know what I'm saying, Like, y'all know what y'all talking about. Thanks to y'all, bet Black five.
Speaker 4: I love y'all collectively known as Breakfast Cup fifty.
Speaker 3: So I'm always.
Speaker 5: Nervous when I do the Breakfast Club because sometimes you say stuff and it's just gonna get you in trouble.
Speaker 3: Everybody, what good morning usc yo yo yo.
Speaker 6: Yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo.
Speaker 3: Yo yo yo yo yo yo Charlemagne to get pastead of playing.
Speaker 2: It is Thursday, and obviously we didn't win the one point seven billion dollar power Ball.
Speaker 1: How you know that?
Speaker 2: Because the winner is in bought the ticket out in California. Oh okay, I know she was in California the last Cup the days no you have to win.
Speaker 7: I just saw, you know, as I was driving into work this morning, I saw the sign go back to twenty men. I was like, oh, somebody hit. I don't know who hit, but wasn't you. I might have won a couple of dollars.
Speaker 3: You didn't win. The people I.
Speaker 7: Always went about like four dollars mostly ever went from the powerball was one hundred. You want that much? Yeah, I one hundred dollars before from the powerball, I usually get like four dollars. I get four dollars, but then one time I want a huntred, I.
Speaker 3: Save that ticket. I bought it in here and show Joe. Yeah, well, we don't believe you because you'd be telling you be lying. I showed you the ticket.
Speaker 7: Listen, you should only you know, believe me when I'm lying, and when I tell you I'm lying, you should believe me. But I bought in the ticket to show you. But you still might not believe that because you still might believe your own emotions. That's one of my affirmation set this morning. One of my affirmation set this morning that you should believe you should deal with realism at all times and deal with the reality of the matter and not what your emotions tell you the matter is. And that's what we'd that's the era we're in right we're in a feelings over facts.
Speaker 2: Era correct, yes, yes, yes, but hello, good morning, Good morning the data serve. That's right, okay, bigfoot sighting in Colorado? All right, life is good. What's happening?
Speaker 3: Jesus Christ, how do y'all feel?
Speaker 8: Well?
Speaker 3: Jamil Hill will be joining us this morning.
Speaker 7: She will her new book when it's not a new book papera oh yes, sorry, book Uphill is out in paperback then that's right.
Speaker 3: So we're gonna kick it with her. A lot to discuss, a lot to talk about it.
Speaker 2: And of course she's she knows a thing or two about some sports, so we're gonna talk to about everything this morning. And she's executive producing the Colin Kaepernick documentary that's coming out next year.
Speaker 3: Okay, yeah, so she can talk about that as well. That's right.
Speaker 2: Yeah, all right, Well, let's get the show crack and Teslain figure out has front page news.
Speaker 3: A lot to discuss it, don't go anywhere as the breakfast club.
Speaker 2: Good morning morning, everybody's DJ Envy Charlemagne the Guide. We are the breakfast club. Let's get in some front page news. Good morning, test v Charlemagne the guy because the hood which for us, Yes, sir, now quickly, some quick NFL. The Broncos take on the Chiefs tonight in Kansas City. The game happens at eight fifteen on Amazon.
Speaker 3: Prize seventy three. Oh will be the fun. Score seventy three old Kansas City Chiefs. Okay, all right, broncle suck.
Speaker 2: I don't know if there's seventy three old, but I think they're gonna get blown out. Now let's talk about Carley Russell.
Speaker 9: Yeah, up the update on carl Russell. Do you remember everyone or a lot of folks covered this story when she was kidnapped or the alleged kidnapp in Alabama that she later admitted that was fake, admitted to baking her own death. She has been found guilty of too mistery to charges related to the case. Now, she pleaded not guilty to one count of false reporting to law enforcement authorities and one count of falsely reporting the incident. But it was was still lying, but a judge even and then't even after she apologized, which is really weird. But a judge disagreed and found her guilty and was sentenced to one year in jail and to pay about eighteen thousand dollars in restitution.
Speaker 10: Now.
Speaker 9: Her attorney said that that they did. They asked for the verdict because they wanted to appeal this in circuit court in order to avoid jail time. He didn't object to the restitution. He said that that was fair, but he did disagrees with the jail time. Here is what else he had to say.
Speaker 11: I think she understands what has happened. She has apologized. I know you all said and not through me, but that's not good enough. But she has apologized for what transfer. I don't want her to have any type of breakdown or anything of that nature. So we're haling her with kid gloves and trying to make sure her mental state is just fine.
Speaker 7: I won if she would have pled guilty and just you know, took accountability, full accountability.
Speaker 3: Wh they have been a little bit more lenient on her. I don't know, I don't know.
Speaker 9: Just think about that. America.
Speaker 2: Probably not, No, I don't think so. But I'm really surprised that it went to court so fast. I mean, you see all these cases and usually they take years or this was very fastest.
Speaker 3: You don't think so.
Speaker 9: I mean, I mean, they made it very clear they weren't playing about this, you know, had to stop. The kind of like the world stopped. It felt like, you know, to look for this young lady into find after there was a hope. So I don't know you how fast things move in Alabama with their circuit court, but I will say, when was this earlier this year?
Speaker 2: I don't know, man, I think I feel like it was this year, but it might have been last year this year. Yeah, so yeah, I think it was like two three months ago. But it just seems like it moved so fast. And usually court, I mean, things take years.
Speaker 7: Everything moves fast. It feels like every day it's something new. Every day it's something that is captured. Social media's attention are America's attention and causing all of this outrage. Everything is like feels like that everything is very fleeting nowadays. Now, not that it matters, would anyone ever find out why she liked in the first.
Speaker 9: Place, never said anything, just you know, just apologize for it. Of course people are still interested in that. People still on social media saying, yeah, but we want to hear from her. That's why the attorney was saying, you know, I know you're getting the apology through me, basically because people want to hear from her, So still have not gotten any answers. I'm sure somebody's going to come up with something, you know, down the road, especially the boyfriend. Remember he was doing a lot of talking. So I'm sure as things progress, more information will come out about that. Probably Lifetime movies looks like probably.
Speaker 7: Definitely lifetime, Lifetime of TV one for sure. I was gonna sorry on TV, you stupid. They already got went on to they gotta call your uni story on tube?
Speaker 3: Do they know? They don't? They do? We don't never know what you're lie you're telling? Hold on, let me look it up? And why he's looking it up?
Speaker 2: I was gonna ask, financially and legally, can she write a book about what happened?
Speaker 3: Can she do her own movie explain what happened? Or so she can so she can make money off of this?
Speaker 9: Absolutely she can. I mean, but that doesn't mean that people won't sue for the money, or that doesn't mean that people want you know, but she has to pay the eighteen thousand restitutions. So remember OJ wrote if I did it? Remember but that was Yeah, that's true. But they sued him for anything he.
Speaker 3: Got, you know, but he had victims, you know, victims and family.
Speaker 2: But that's when if she pays the eighteen thousand, which is legally and let's say she does the Year in Prison and she does a movie based on it, and she does a book on it, she can make money off anybody.
Speaker 9: I'll see the boyfriend putting something out, I said, I see him probably making a move first. But it's something really on toob Charlmayne for real.
Speaker 2: Yes called, it's called tukin no shut up. Man's called about Callie Russell.
Speaker 3: Because this is about calling. I'm bray. I don't believe you.
Speaker 9: I don't believe you. Believe him when he's live, but shut out to twob though. They should jump on this right away.
Speaker 3: I got thirty three hundred dollars for a production budget right now.
Speaker 2: It was a Callie Russell movie. All we need is a bebby. You just need us a baby in a car. Goodness gras al right, Well that is front page news. Now get it off your chest. Eight hundred five eight five one oh five one. If you need the vent phone line to wide open again, eight hundred five eight five one oh five one. It's the Breakfast Club. Good morning, the Breakfast Club. Wait, this is your time to get it off your chest. Eight hundred five eight five one o five one. We want to hear from you on the breakfast club.
Speaker 3: Hello. Who's this?
Speaker 12: Yes, this is Calsa.
Speaker 3: Hey call Lisa, good morning. Get it off your chest, Cay Lisa.
Speaker 12: Yes, Hey, Hey gj Mvy. But I want to get off my test. I want to say, DJ Envy.
Speaker 13: I'm just like you.
Speaker 2: My kids got.
Speaker 12: Locate the name, shout out to Morocco, shout out to Malaysia, shout out to London, shout out to Kingston, and also got.
Speaker 3: To my other's two kids, yourself and Xavier.
Speaker 12: Well, I want to get off my test is forgot. Look, people can buy these properties.
Speaker 11: They building up some fast.
Speaker 12: Make sure y'all get out inspections because I'm telling you, next minute.
Speaker 14: You look after your.
Speaker 12: You know, warranties. Over that year, things start breaking down and you can't go back to the building.
Speaker 15: So make sure y'all get out inspections because you'll have.
Speaker 12: Holes and places that you never know that holes is there.
Speaker 3: So get off talk that talk. And I want to yo.
Speaker 2: I want to Kingston so bad. That would be the only reason I have another kid. But I don't want to never kid that bad. But I wanted to Kingston so bad. But yeah I got I got to London, I got a Madison, I got a Jackson, I got okay in a Brooklyn.
Speaker 3: But damn and the logan, but damn, I wanted the Kingston. I love the name Kingston.
Speaker 12: I think that's all because it's daddy from Jamaica.
Speaker 3: Yeah, of course you know my wife from Jamaica, from Jamaica. Yeah, if you wanted Kingston, why you just think name of Kingston.
Speaker 2: Because the last baby was Peyton, and I thought, I think Kingston is more of a boy's name, but if Peyton was a boy, it definitely.
Speaker 3: Would have been Kingston. Peyton is a guy man, Peyton could be both Peyton.
Speaker 7: You think Peyton man. Whoever was the most famous person, That's what you think of sometimes, but Peyton all the time. Any name you name, whoever the most famous person who has that name? Whatever Jenny Day are, that's what you think. Well, like if a guy, if you name a guy in Oprah, they're gonna say that's a girl's name.
Speaker 3: Maybe right, Because Leonardo is a turtle And when I think of Leonard, I think of a turtle too.
Speaker 7: Leonardo is actually a very famous painter, Leonardo Davinure. But I think of a turtle because you're and we realized that. I think we realized that this year you think so.
Speaker 3: Well, thank you Ca Lisa, but thank you you'll had a blessed day. Yeah, get it off your chest. Eight hundrenk five What Nope, nope, nope, that's what this down right here? Hello?
Speaker 14: Who's this this tomorrow? What's going on?
Speaker 16: What's going on?
Speaker 3: Samaw, good morning talk to us.
Speaker 16: Yeah. I ain't really got nothing to get off my chest this morning. You know what I'm saying. But you know, I just want to let Charlomagne know that he's right about that movie. It's called The Nurse That Saw the Baby on a Highway or something like that.
Speaker 3: Shut yeah, that's what it is, you right.
Speaker 16: Yeah, hey yo, let me get a shout out real quick. Yeah, man, yo, follow me on Instagram and YouTube at Mixed College's podcast. It's a DJ podcast. Get that's your board, a.
Speaker 3: Brother, all right? Get it off your chest?
Speaker 2: Eight hundrenk five eight five one oh five one. If you need to ben here this up now. It's the Breakfast Club The Morning The Breakfast Clubs is.
Speaker 3: Your time to get it off your chest. Way up, whether you're.
Speaker 4: Mad or blast something, to get up and get something, call up now eight hundred and five eight five, one oh five one.
Speaker 3: We want to hear from you on the breakfast club. Hello, who's there?
Speaker 14: It's too tall from Detroit?
Speaker 3: Too tall? Too tall?
Speaker 14: Yes, what's going on? Charlotte? What's going on? DJN?
Speaker 3: What's your actual height? Too tall?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 3: How tall?
Speaker 14: Man? Six eight?
Speaker 2: Man?
Speaker 14: You know what I'm saying. So he's standing tall around this part?
Speaker 3: Okay? And you can't play no basketball hume?
Speaker 14: Man, Sure I played when I was younger. Man, but everybody asks me why you don't play basketball?
Speaker 3: Like them getting ricked some other way or nah, you just tell them the truth. I'm trash. I'm tall and trash on the basketball court.
Speaker 14: It's okay, yeah for sure, man, But y'all would to get off much tests.
Speaker 10: Man.
Speaker 14: I don't know what the world coming to man, messing with cash Money's Drake and bird Man and all that Drew Ski, you know, especially PG man pg A leegend. I people talking about you looking at best and stuff. I don't know what the world coming to man. They better lead cash Money records over there alone. Man, But the boys get on that new wall and mag know your third world type stuff.
Speaker 3: You know, well, Drewski's playing, Bro, those are skips and sketches he just had. He just needs a comedian. Man.
Speaker 14: You think bird Man taking it like that?
Speaker 3: Bird Y, Yes, Birdman is in on the joke.
Speaker 7: Everybody forget when bird Man and Drewsky did that Instagram live together.
Speaker 3: Bird Man is clearly in on the joke.
Speaker 14: Bro Ah Man, all right, that one over my head, wasn't it been? BG?
Speaker 2: There?
Speaker 14: Man? What something?
Speaker 3: What something?
Speaker 14: Talking about?
Speaker 12: May?
Speaker 14: BG man? He's a gangster man, looking like they got to put some respects.
Speaker 11: On his name.
Speaker 7: When you say hey, when you say they, you do realize you're just talking about a bunch of random comments on the internet, right man.
Speaker 14: But comments on the internet, the online stuff, you know that people taking it round with him? Man, You know bjesus come on and got yours the family, all that stuff online talking about he's a gangster man. But I don't know if he joked.
Speaker 2: Bro, you gotta stop looking at you gotta stop looking into these Instagram commenters.
Speaker 7: Bro, I cannot wait until y'all just put the phones down and stop worrying.
Speaker 3: About what a bunch of you don't know y'all say they say about y'all.
Speaker 2: I'm sure BG don't care about people with no face talking about him. That man just can't just happy to be home. He's celebrating with his family. He about to get in the studio, get to some more music. I don't think he cares. Salute the BG.
Speaker 14: And one more things, Charlotte, have you ever met that with Little Mama?
Speaker 7: Man for calling it christ Man, y'all listen, Little Mama has been on Breakfast Club like five times since then.
Speaker 3: That's thirteen years ago. Man, like literally thought.
Speaker 14: Yes, that's good, brother, that's good man. I said, well, man, it's it's a pleasure being on here with Y'all's hard to get through to y'all. Man, y'all, y'all need them all lines and something. Man, damn we got bar Bro.
Speaker 3: But thank you for calling and checking out.
Speaker 14: Right, brother, I have a pillow, man, y'all have a blessed that.
Speaker 3: You know what is?
Speaker 2: There's two things that people always say. They be like, yo, what's up with Charlamagne and Little Mama? And I'm like, little Mama's been on the show several times After that, people always say what's up with you and DJ Drama.
Speaker 3: I'm like, Drama's been on the show many times.
Speaker 7: After that, But you know, I don't because the way the Internet moves, it's like, even though that happened thirteen years ago, if you never saw it, say you just saw it yesterday, it's new to you.
Speaker 3: You know what I mean. You don't realize that was thirteen years ago. You had we had.
Speaker 7: The Internet has these little moments in time where these these frozen moments, these moments are suspended in time, right, and so to us, we know the context it was thirteen years ago, but somebody might just see it and be like, oh, that happened yesterday, right, you know that's it.
Speaker 3: I get it all right, We'll get it off your chest.
Speaker 2: Eight hundred five eight five one five one. Now when we come back, we got to talk Jada Pinkett Smith. Now she's saying in her new book, maybe allegedly Chris Rock tried to holler at.
Speaker 3: Her, well, I got to do it.
Speaker 2: Anything, Well, we'll explain it when we come back. It's the Breakfast Club the morning the Breakfast Club. I told you how incredible that says. The concert was last week when I went to it on Friday. Right, it's very cinematic. That's SOS tour.
Speaker 7: Okay, it's a whole it's a boat in life, rash and water on stage and her head.
Speaker 3: Don't get wet now one time. It's incredible.
Speaker 2: All right, morning everybody, It's dj n V. Charlamage the God. We are the Breakfast Club. Let's get to the rooms. Let's talk Jada Pinkett Smith, whole lot.
Speaker 3: Of names or you've gossip been on? Is the rumor report?
Speaker 15: I mean, I guess we on the breakfast Club.
Speaker 3: This is where the tea spells right right now, Charlamage. You asked why.
Speaker 2: That's because she is writing a book, and in this book she's talking about a lot of different things. Now, yesterday we reported that Jada Pinkett Smith and Will Smith have been on I guess some type of break.
Speaker 17: There are so many surprising things in the book. But the thing that surprised me the most that I actually had to reread it because I said, is this true? Was that in twenty sixteen you and Will decided that you were going to live completely separate lives. It was not a divorce on paper, but it was a divorce. So from the year twenty sixteen, which is seven years ago.
Speaker 3: Now, yes, y'all have been a part.
Speaker 7: Yeah, as a Pinkett Smith, Winfrey knows all to I rebuke all of this.
Speaker 2: Okay, well came rebuke because it's in a book now. Jada Pinket also talks to People magazine. She says, every summer, all the reports will come out that me and Will were getting a divorce.
Speaker 3: Spill that tea girl.
Speaker 2: In this particular summer, Chris Rock he thought that we were getting a divorce. So he called me and basically he was like, I'd love to take you out.
Speaker 3: Go ahead.
Speaker 2: Rashawna Pinkett Smith said that she was taken back by the call. She said she was like, what do you mean? He was like, well, aren't you and Will getting a divorce? I was like, no, Chris, those are just rumors. Pickett Smith recalled. He was appalled and profusely apologized, and that was that.
Speaker 1: Now.
Speaker 2: Also recently Tommy Davis, no no, no, no, no, no, keep that there, just gonna spell that tea and then not gonna discuss it.
Speaker 3: Girl, I'm discussed, so discuss.
Speaker 7: I just would like to say I hate headline culture, you know, because when you see a headline, you know like that. Just know it's always for clickbait when you dig a little deeper. In by dig a little deeper, actually read the story. If you read the actual story and make sense in context, because uh, in People magazine, it says Chris thought that they were getting a divorce. So he called and basically said, I'd love to take you out. And she said, what do you mean, and she said, well, aren't He said, well, aren't you and Will getting a divorce? And she said no, Chris, those are just rumors. Then she said, and this is very important. Chris was appalled, and he profusely apologized.
Speaker 3: And that was that, isn't that what I just read? So you want to be a girl, you want to be a girlfriend. I ain't had none of that. You just made it.
Speaker 2: I said all of that, I said, He was appalled that he profusely you know, you need to you need to stress that the way you stretched said, you need to stress that the way everybody stretches. Chris rapped that, asked Jada Pinkin Smith out, I don't just breathe by that, and that I read exactly what was in People magazine.
Speaker 7: But he stressed the fact that he was appalled and he approved profu apologize.
Speaker 3: I said, exactly, But that's.
Speaker 7: How people trying to make it seem like, Oh, that's why Will smacked Christ people the internet.
Speaker 3: Of course it wasn't me. That's how I read it. Well, just putting it out there. I want to stress that. But let me ask you a question, right, how how close? And how cool?
Speaker 14: Chris?
Speaker 3: It's a good question. They clearly weren't. They weren't close? Question because if we're close, you feel a way about it? Correct or not?
Speaker 14: No?
Speaker 3: See, you're making up stuff.
Speaker 2: If no, nigga, you adding salt the same way you add Beijing to your face black just for men, you adding stuff, don't add.
Speaker 3: Nothing to it. I'm asking if they were close. I asked that. I'm just asking a question. There's no need to ask question, to ask a great question. If they were close? Yes, I hate it. How would you feel if they were close? Have nothing to do with it? Does it does? Well? Let's continue on.
Speaker 2: Will Smith allegedly rolled up on Tommy Davis and now Tommy Davis and you know, comedian and actor. He was on Shannon Sharp's Club Shade Shape podcast for a new episode and This is what he said.
Speaker 3: One time Will Smith stepped to him.
Speaker 18: He came into the trailer and I was sitting down. He's standing over me like this, and he's like, I appreciate that, man, Right, I'm going, what's going on?
Speaker 8: Man?
Speaker 3: Tell me what's happening? Man? He said, I don't appreciate that. You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 18: And Jada's going, Will Will, I'm saying, but I mean, what's happening, man? Now you tell me what's happening.
Speaker 3: Hm?
Speaker 14: Hm.
Speaker 3: You don't want to dude about to do something.
Speaker 18: He might do something, right, So you didn't really know what he was actually talking, but I know what he was doing. So finally I just said, this is a small place and people are here. You want we should talk about it? Me and you outside because it looked like you gonna need to get something off your chest, right. And then Janny was like, oh no, no, no, no, no, y'all, no y'all, And I was like, what do you mean, nah, y'all?
Speaker 3: Tell him? Oh god, this is amazing how algorithms work.
Speaker 7: Because Tommy Davison told that story in his books Funny About Me, and he told that story here on The Brokes Club before.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but it just came out yesterday on Club Shashaye, and people are revisiting that now. Tyrese Gibson, you know Tyresee right? You ain't you ain't you still got Tyree's name in your mouth? Hum, I'm reporting.
Speaker 3: Tyrese name out your get in mouth. I'm just reporting the story, brother man. Tyrese Gibson.
Speaker 2: You know Tyrese right, he was soon mode for ten million dollars over an interview that he did here on the Breakfast Club. If you don't remember, let's take you back to when Tyree was up here wasting my time with that interview. Okay, what you apologize for?
Speaker 19: I asked Charlemagne to God to come to Atlanta and do a full on interview with myself and my ex post the crying video post what God?
Speaker 3: So y'are together at this time? We were together, we vote for on the college and did the whole interview.
Speaker 19: Brian Barber, the director who I hired this does the interview, says I'm gonna go home get this edited.
Speaker 3: I said, Yo, I'm gonna work with you. To Ed, that's the point of you doing this has taken the footage and refused to give it back.
Speaker 19: I paid thirty five thousand dollars total for this whole Then I found out he did it.
Speaker 3: The Big Boy did it to Dallas, Austin did it. Caught a couple.
Speaker 2: So I don't care if he see this interview because I'm too honest. Well, Brian Barker did see the interview, Brian Barber. Barbara says Barker. Brian Barber did see the interview, and now he's claiming that Tyrese attacked his character and reputation. He says Barbara said that the footage and refused to give it back. He said that wasn't true. He said Gibson paid Barber thirty five thousand dollars total to film the interview footage, and Barbara also stole footage from two other public figures.
Speaker 3: He said that's not true. He said.
Speaker 2: Barbara claimed that the actors management specifically instructed him not to release any portion of the interview to protect the reputation of the Fast nine star Brian.
Speaker 7: Barbas Luke Brian Barber, he directed all the videos on outcasts. Speak about the Love Below, which is the highest selling rap album of all time.
Speaker 3: Yep, you tired? You finished reporting bad news? About Tarry's I'm just reporting.
Speaker 2: Just reporting, like every other blogsite, like TMZ, like Shade Room, like Hollywood Unlocked, like Ball Alert.
Speaker 3: Just reporting. So you're blogging now? You a blogging now? No more dope. No.
Speaker 2: Actually I shouldn't be able to be doing the rumor report. Somebody else should be doing here. But we haven't picked the third co hold yet, So because of that, I have to do this bull crap. But what else am I going to do?
Speaker 7: Salut to just Laris? You know, I don't know if you've seen her in the Lady of BMF movie. It's on BT plus. Okay, right now dropping the clues ball for Hillary. That Lady of BMTH movie. Man they got you know Leon, right you David Ruff?
Speaker 3: Yeah? Yeah, he's playing Big Beach.
Speaker 7: Viviicalt Fox is playing Big Meat's brothers, Big Tu, Jesselaris and her sister. They playing federal informants who end up telling them Vivocal Wait, you said, Viviicult Fox is playing Big Meaches brother Big T.
Speaker 3: It's acting. Viviical Fox is playing the man acting. I just asked, what so she is?
Speaker 7: I'm lying, but you know you should still watch guid thirteen years and guys crazy and for all our listeners out there.
Speaker 2: If you believe in me at this point, you're an idiot. I don't know what to believe anymore with you. Sometimes I really don't told you when I'm lying. I don't know, Okay, I really don't know.
Speaker 7: But the first lady of BMT vislin et plus right now, though yes you know what, according to just Hilarius.
Speaker 3: Tooby didn't want it. I don't know if that's true. Shut up, man, you can use the people. People don't know.
Speaker 2: If bt plus the first lady a BMF bt plus right now, nobody believe you it is.
Speaker 3: Go watch it, matter of fact, salute the Biblical Fox.
Speaker 7: Because I saw biflicult Fox last night sitting courtside at the New York Liberty Las Vegas Aces game.
Speaker 3: I don't be watching that.
Speaker 2: She had the BMF shirt on. I don't believe you. I don't know if you tell the truth that the fact this is all true. Don't say it's a fact, because I don't know if I should believe you or not believe you.
Speaker 3: Well, I'll tell you this.
Speaker 7: I lied a little just now, and I told the truth a little just now. Go do your own research and you figure it out, okay, and that is your room will report right.
Speaker 3: I don't like you.
Speaker 2: All right, when we come back, Tesla figure O will be joining us. She got front page news and don't move. It's to breakfast Loco Morning, the Breakfast Club. Your mornings will never be the same morning, everybody. It's dj n V charlamagnea God, we are the breakfast Club.
Speaker 3: Let's get in some front page news.
Speaker 9: Welcome back, felloes of Warner, djmvs.
Speaker 3: Charlemagne to God, that what's happening. Now, let's do some quick sports. The Broncos take on the Chiefs tonight in Kansas City.
Speaker 2: The game happens at eight fifteen Eastern time, but you got to watch it on Amazon Prime. All right, now, let's jump right into it. Let's talk about Republicans that the Republicans picked.
Speaker 9: That guy looks like their God, maybe the guy that compared himself to David Duke. House Republicans agree Wednesday to nominate Steve Scalise, who reportedly described himself as David Duke without the baggage. He was up against Jim Jordan for the Republican Party nomination, and he still making some pushback from lawmakers who are loyal to Jordan. So they still have not made a decision, still in disarray. But Scalise attended a white supremacist conference that Duke organized in two thousand and two, and he described himself he described this as a mistake, you know, after folks kind of called him out on it. But Duke said that Scalise was invited because he would communicate a lot, and that he was friendly with Kenny Knight, who is Duke's political advisors. So few Republicans even stepped out yesterday said you know, I just can't nominate somebody who calls himself a David Duke. So and then there's also some folks that are saying, hey, well, at least he's putting it on the table and calling it what it is.
Speaker 3: So there you go.
Speaker 9: The person over the speaker of the House of the House may be akin to David Duke.
Speaker 2: Now for people that what that means, Yeah, for people that don't know who David Duke is, just break down. For people that might not know who.
Speaker 9: David Duke is, so that is who founded the KKK.
Speaker 3: There you go, upset. Did anybody ask him know? Did anybody ask him like, well, what does that mean? David Duke without the baggage.
Speaker 9: Well, when they asked, you just said it was a mistake that I went and left it at that. I don't know what without I don't know what the bag without the baggage with me with somebody who found it the KKK out.
Speaker 3: Of So is that like David Duke without the hood or something like that?
Speaker 7: That was without what I'm saying, he didn't found the whole KKK though right came in around a long time.
Speaker 3: He found it the whole KKK.
Speaker 9: Uh, he did not find found the entire KKK. Let let's look it up. Let's give him that the exact, uh, the exact definition of who is David Duke.
Speaker 3: But he's over it.
Speaker 9: When't you think that is enough?
Speaker 3: They got different chapters. Are one of the chapters the grand wizard of one of the chapters?
Speaker 9: Yeah, so my pother so let me let me correct that. So he is a white supremacist, anti Semitic conspiracy theorist and was the former grand Wizard of the KKK. So not found it? So my potter is gone to correct. So he is the former grand wizard.
Speaker 3: No, they don't.
Speaker 7: They said he did found uh yeah, the Knights of the ku Kluck Plan. I guess that's a chapter. He did that in seventy five.
Speaker 9: Jesus, yeah, well it's the KKK.
Speaker 7: So well is that he's tried to put a kinder, gentler face on the Kku man.
Speaker 3: I'm reading it right now.
Speaker 7: The Knights of the Koolkluck Plan founded by David Duke in nineteen seventy five. The Knights of the KKK has attempted to put a kinder, gentler face on the klan.
Speaker 3: What's the kind of face? They put a smiley face in the sheet instead of.
Speaker 9: That, are looked like maybe the Kinler Jendler is to be you know, speak of the House again without the baggage.
Speaker 14: I don't know.
Speaker 9: So this is going to be interesting if they move forward and he still doesn't have the supposed to do it. By the way, so we do not currently have a Speaker of the House, and again got a war going on. We're in the middle of the case uplos to keep forgetting. We're in the middle of a pause on a shutdown, so a lot of business needs be handled in the house and they can't figure out who the leader will be.
Speaker 1: So there you go.
Speaker 3: All right, well, let's jump into Detroit. What's going on with Detroit?
Speaker 9: Yeah, Detroit three Automakers have laid off roughly forty eight hundred workers at factories that were not among the plants that were hit by the United Auto Workers strike, which has lasted for nearly four weeks. So bottom line is, even the folks who did not strike and want to work have been laid off. The company says the strikes they were forced to do this because of the other strikes. They note that the job cuts have occurred mainly at factories that make parts for assembly plants that were closed by the strikes. In one case, layoffs have been imposed at a factory that use supplies for the parts. The UAW rejects that argument. It contends that the layoffs are unjustified and were imposed as part of the company's pressure campaign to persuade the members to accept less favorable turns and negotiations with automakers. The factories that have been affected by the layoffs or in Michigan, Ohio, Illinois, Kansas, Indiana, and New York. So bottom line, simply put, they're saying no, they're calling bs on that and saying they're just doing that too, you know, I guess intimidate those who are on strike to get back to work since it's affecting so.
Speaker 2: Many people, right, well, I just hope that the automakers and everybody strike it out there gets you know, meet somewhere in the middle, and these people get back to work and start making it, you know, because they got to pay for their kids, They gotta pay for everything that they got to pay for. So I just hope that they can get to a good place and everybody's happy and those uh, I guess those strikes, and.
Speaker 7: If they don't, they stay on strike, just like the actors, the actors, you know, the actors going right back on strike, you know.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: But the problem is, even when they're going strike, a lot of these people can't afford the stuff now. They can't afford their mortgage, their rent, they're you know, the their car loans.
Speaker 7: Temporary sacrifice for for a long term game, Yeah, I agree, but not just for them before the people coming behind them.
Speaker 3: That's what the whole point of a strike is.
Speaker 14: Like.
Speaker 7: Sometimes you put it on the line to let people know, like, hey, we don't like what's happening. If we don't stand for something now then you know it'll never get better, So I'm not mad at it.
Speaker 2: I just hope they can get through pretty fast though. Mm hm, all right, well that is front page News. Thank you, Test.
Speaker 3: Absolutely that's right.
Speaker 2: And make sure you subscribe to Tesling Figures podcast. It's great shot. No chase of podcasts on the Black Effect.
Speaker 7: iHeartRadio podcast network and follow at Tesling figure on all social media platforms.
Speaker 2: All right, now, when we come back, Jamil Hill will be joining us. She has a new well not a new book, but her paperback of her book came out. We got a lot to discuss it. Don't go anywhere.
Speaker 3: It's the Breakfast Club. Good morning, the Breakfast.
Speaker 2: Club owning everybody is dj NV charlamagnea God. We are the Breakfast Club. You got a special guest in the building. Yes, indeed, mel Hill, welcome back.
Speaker 14: Hey.
Speaker 13: You know I always love to sit with y'all, enjoy the conversations.
Speaker 1: That's right.
Speaker 3: And the paperback is out right now it is.
Speaker 13: Yeah, my baby is growed up a little bit. It's now a toddler. I guess so. A year ago the hardcover of my memoir Uphill came out and now the paperback.
Speaker 7: How was the response to putting out a memoir, because you know, in memoirs you put out so much information, you reveal things you probably never told anybody. Response, not just from the general public, but from like your family and stuff.
Speaker 13: The response was generally good. It was mostly positive.
Speaker 5: There was somebody in my family who took issue with it, and that created some tension and attention is still there, unfortunately, and so you know, I'm still processing that part.
Speaker 3: They did not have a conversation before.
Speaker 13: We did have a.
Speaker 5: Conversation before, but I just didn't think how they reacted to it would be the way they reacted. And they took it to Facebook as opposed to taking it to me. Yeah, and then they aired our stuff that was not even in the.
Speaker 3: Book, and it was like why and probably that wasn't true.
Speaker 5: Yeah, some of it was definitely I looked at very skeptically, and it wasn't about me. It was it was about my mom, to be candid, and so I was not happy that that was the course of action that they chose, and so it caused a fracture in our relationship.
Speaker 7: Put my first book was the same thing and family. Oh, I can't write a book, but I can go to Facebook.
Speaker 5: Right exactly, you know, and especially it's not like this person couldn't have called me like they could have and we could have had a conversation about it. And I guess the surprising part they didn't take issue or what was written as in terms of like it not being true. The issue was when we finally did have that discussion, was that they weren't in.
Speaker 3: It enough so that really they wanted to side out there. Yeah.
Speaker 5: Oh, they just felt like they should have been, you know, that their role in my life should have been more highlighted or more and I thought I did a pretty good job of it as it was, but apparently it was not on part with this person, and so yeah, with.
Speaker 3: Their role in your life as big as they actually thought it was.
Speaker 5: Well, I mean, I guess if you want me to say what it is, because I see you're getting to But it was my father who had issue. Oh yeah, that was my father had an issue with some of the things that were in the book, not necessarily because they were untrue, but he felt like he should have been more prominently featured in the book. That was what I got from it, and so I it wasn't It was a very difficult conversation to have, and so those conversations have been somewhat ongoing, and I told them I needed to kind of press pause because I need to process what you said to me, because I took a lot of issue with it.
Speaker 3: Now do you think, what do you think a second jail Hill book would be about.
Speaker 5: Well, there will be another Jamil Hale book, and it is much like this memoir of something I didn't expect to write.
Speaker 13: But the second book will be a children's book.
Speaker 5: Oh yeah, So I'm writing a children's book, and it will cover some parts of Uphill, like just kind of you know, how I was able to overcome some adversity and some of the more positive career stuff like some of that will be part of it.
Speaker 13: But generally speaking, it will be sort of like my love.
Speaker 5: Letter to a lot of the women whose stories haven't been told, a lot of the women who I've admired, and so it'll I'm really looking forward to. I've never written before a children's audience before, so this will be quite a challenge. It'll be the opposite almost from a memoir because you're pouring everything into this book, and you know, it's like two hundred and fifty three hundred pages and a children's book. You have to be quite concise, and you have to make sure that they understand the general themes that you're trying to yet. Yeah, I mean it's it'll be a combination of my story and the stories of women whose stories need to be told. And you know women I've admired. So yeah, some of them famous, some of them not as famous as others. I mean, I'm trying to like really unearthed and tell the stories of some women who probably didn't get the flowers that they deserved.
Speaker 3: Gotcha.
Speaker 7: Yeah, we just had an all set up here and you had some words about his and if you would hype, you out something off the podcaster and you said, you feel like this is a racing real hip hop journalism.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I do.
Speaker 5: I mean, listen, I admit I'm spoiled. It's like when when hip hop was really coming into his own and growing. You know, that's when you had Vibe, you had Kevin Powell and Dream Hampton and Danielle Smith, and there was like a real hip hop journalism sort of movement there that covered the culture, that covered theist artists tried to tell the full three sixty dimensions of their stories and as you know, you know, mainstream media wasn't messing with hip hop like that.
Speaker 13: They weren't telling these stories.
Speaker 5: And so now it's just interesting to me the platforms they wind up on, Like look at sexy Red, like why was she on that podcast? But what you know with THEO like that, does that seem like the type of podcast that you would expect Sexy Red to be on?
Speaker 3: Probably not.
Speaker 7: I don't know, because is interesting. And Mark on there one day one time and he was talking. He was talking about how sexy, that's what Charlommage cares about. That's all.
Speaker 3: Really was like a whole five not blushing it, but I think you were a beautiful man. He was like, I'm like, literally, I'm blushing it compliment. The compliment is a compliment.
Speaker 2: I was like, I was like, wow, not Bleushing's so sill him on the date I got Lady Features, I promise you that's.
Speaker 3: What you were saying. Look, he remembers every.
Speaker 2: Live I do.
Speaker 5: I do, but I don't I don't know what the old angles is what I'm yeah, I mean he's had an eclectic group of guests, So I guess maybe from that standpoint, you could say that she fits.
Speaker 13: But it's just when I watched that interaction and I get it. I know what her stick is a lot of it.
Speaker 5: As many people say, like she clearly borrowed some of this from Funny Marco, who actually think does it pretty well. Yeah, like he he has, he's got a good thing going and her I guess looking at her rise, it was kind of curious to me, like her podcast has not been existence enough for that long. I think the way the story was told was like Drake saw her on TikTok. I think, yeah, on TikTok, but she was with Funny Marko. I think that's the interview that he saw. That's at least that's sort of what's been reported and out there. And then he just up and decided, you know, hey, I'm gonna just go on this random podcast, which he has every right to do. But when I look about who are the caretakers of hip hop, the caretakers of how this culture is covered, it's us, you know, for the most part. That's not to say the OFFSET can't do interviews with people outside the culture, but I notice how those interviews are received, and for that matter, how they're treated on those interviews.
Speaker 13: And it makes me concerned overall.
Speaker 5: Honestly, I know a lot a ton of black journalists who could go who could use that kind of boost.
Speaker 13: And to me, especially given we see the.
Speaker 5: Danger of when our stories aren't told and they're trying to erase our stories in real time, I would like to see artists like him, artists like Drake, other black artists in general, be more intentional about the type of media that they try to do, right, Like, that's why Breakfast Club has the status and the stature that it does, because this is a place that has been established for the culture.
Speaker 13: And it would be nice if some of these.
Speaker 5: Artists understood that there's something larger at play than just going viral.
Speaker 2: Now I agree, I agree with you because I feel like, you know, if you think about an artist like Drake or or I was great, I would never call it o Yati or any of these.
Speaker 13: Yeah, I mean you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 2: I mean, I agree, you have a choice, right, Like why would I go in heare and deal with that on a run? But I agree, But you give somebody an opportunity that is not from the culture, that probably does not care about the culture. And there's a lot of black journalists that are coming from all these different spaces that would die for interview like that that you could really make their career.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you know what I mean.
Speaker 7: So you as see Drake with Funny Marko. If he was gonna do an interview like that, you have to see him doing Funny well, and.
Speaker 5: Especially because it was kind of Funny Marko's thing, right, and so that would have made you know, kind of more sense. And even if you look at you know, I know he's a friend of the show Roland Martin, Like Roland Martin has one of the few black owned media platforms there are, like they're they're practically non existent. So that to me should be a platform that black celebrities and entertainers and musicians intentionally try to go on understanding what the landscape looks like.
Speaker 3: I mean, do you look at Rolling in that way? I Rolling?
Speaker 5: I know Roland has had a lot of entertainers like on his show before, and I know I get it from a political ram just using him as an example. But like when you look at how black media voices, you know, the birth of them that are out there, thankfully there's this you know, you of course you have like you know other shows where Angie Angela, Ye like there there there are other platforms, but I feel like that they should be very intentional about the places that they go because what what happens is the situations that you see with Sexy Red, That's what happens.
Speaker 3: I willn't go anywhere. We got more with Jamil Hill. It's the Breakfast logan Morning, Good Morning.
Speaker 2: Everybody's dj n V. Charlamagne the God. We are the Breakfast Club which still kicking it with the talented Jamil Hill. Now recently, Colin Kaepernick wrote a letters to Jets you in support of that.
Speaker 3: Talk about it. Yep.
Speaker 13: So, as you guys know, there's like so many false narratives out there about him.
Speaker 6: One.
Speaker 5: You know, people, whatever his name comes up, they start running away with these things that they've supposedly heard or supposedly have been reported that haven't been He's never been offered any money, He's never been offered a contract by another team since he left the forty nine ers. So this idea that Colin Wood is asking for all kinds of money, or that he said he only wants to be a starter, that he never wants to be a backup, like none of that was ever true. And I think the one benefit to people seeing that letter is knowing how earnest and committed that he is. He just asked to run a practice squad, he said in the letter. I know you're trying to prepare Zach Wilson to be the starter this season.
Speaker 13: I'm fine with that. I'm here to support that. I'll just run a practice squad.
Speaker 5: And for those of you who don't know about the practice squad, every NFL team has won, and these are fringe NFL players like he could run a practice squad.
Speaker 3: I didn't admit it.
Speaker 5: I mean it's frankly, given his skill level and where he was in a game, it's something that would probably be beneath him in terms of skill set. But he is willing to do that just to show how much he wants to still keep his NFL dream alive. So I was glad that the letter came out so people could see what his true intentions are, and frankly always happened.
Speaker 3: I didn't like it for exactly what you just said.
Speaker 7: Why is that it's beneath him like he's Kylin Kaepernick, like you have grown to be this disfigure that people look to with reverence. You know, we love what you stood for or neeled for, you know, and it's just like, I don't want to see you writing a letter begging these people for a job on the practice.
Speaker 5: But here's the thing, though Charlemagne, is that what he doesn't want to do is leave them with an excuse, like they can't say, oh, he was unwilling to be on a practice squad, and he was unwilling to do, you know, something that would be considered like very entry level work. They can't say that because that those are narratives that the NFL has, you know, secretly tried to float out there to try to under mind his credibility. Is like, oh, well, if he really loved playing professional football, then he would lower himself and take this entry level job. And he's like, yeah, yeah, I would, so not what's your excuse? You said I couldn't throw. You said I was washed up? Okay, the Raiders said I had a great workout. What's your excuse? So this shifts it back to them, So what is your excuse?
Speaker 3: I don't think anybody believed that, though, I think we know why Colin kaeperniggas not. Now.
Speaker 13: I think they're well I'll say this.
Speaker 3: He kneeled for police brutal, I mean against the police brutality, and he got black ball. Yeah, like nobody ever thought that it's because teams didn't want to go, but you'd be surprised.
Speaker 5: There's still a lot of people, and granted, I'll limit these are probably people who were never down with his protest to begin with, who really want to believe that the only reason he's not in the league is just simply because he's not good enough.
Speaker 13: Even though we've.
Speaker 5: Seen these backups, right, Native Peterman Steel got a job, right, we see what's happening, right, And they still are clinging to this idea that sports is a meritocracy and if he were really that good good, then he would be out there. But they changed, They always changed the argument sort of mid conversation. It goes from, yes, it's a football decision, Well, no team wants to deal with that. Well, either it's a football decision or it's not right. Is it gonna make your team better or not? That's really all it boils down to. So I was happy he wrote the letters so people could really see, you know, kind of where his true intentions are.
Speaker 7: I feel like you you you never really said anything disparaging about YESPN, really not, I.
Speaker 3: Mean not really.
Speaker 13: I mean I'm not saying.
Speaker 2: A plantation. No, You've never accused anybody over there being racist a little bit.
Speaker 3: But I know what you're saying.
Speaker 5: That said you, I know, Jamel Hill ain't going back to the ESPN. But the thing is, there's other places I could go.
Speaker 3: But you wouldn't go back to the SBN. Well, I would say that you never changes if ownership changes.
Speaker 13: And things changing the TV all the time.
Speaker 5: So I mean, technically, I mean ESPN is paying me right now because I'm executive producing Colin Kaepernick's documentary which is airing on ESPN and directed by Spike Lee. So technically yeah, I mean, I I there's a you know, there's a check that comes via them, so to speak.
Speaker 2: You know.
Speaker 5: So, but I know what you're saying. The thing is, the NFL is one to one. Yes, you may not have liked the criticism toward this country. You may not have liked the criticism toward this league. By the way, criticism, that's not wrong. I mean the NFL was race normy up until a few years ago, okay, where they actively had policy that stated that black brains, that black bodies were not worth as much as white bodies.
Speaker 13: That was literally policy. Okay, so what he said about the league is true.
Speaker 5: So race Norman this is one of the things that they use when it came to settling some of the head trauma lawsuits. What was part of the NFL practice is that they pretty much said that black players and everybody can look it up. You can go to Google, just look up NFL and race Norman.
Speaker 3: This is all.
Speaker 5: There's one of the more undercover stories about them that they pretty much said they came up with a calculation where the head trauma that black athletes suffered in the league because they said there were certain cognitive abilities that were not there inherently. Race ormy, like racetorming, has been used in a lot of different medical fields, frankly to justify medical racism on us, and the NFL was using the same practice. So if y'all look it up, you will see and they stopped doing it, I believe in either twenty fifteen or twenty sixteen. It's why some of the black players didn't receive as much money from the concussion lawsuit as some of the white players did because they had race Normy as part of the formula to figure out who deserve what that is the NFL.
Speaker 13: So again, like I said, he was telling the truth.
Speaker 5: Unfortunately, a lot of the systems that we are part of have practiced in something.
Speaker 3: I would love to see him do something like go to a HBC or a.
Speaker 13: Coach because the.
Speaker 2: Bring there, the amount of kids that he can actually teach. I think it would be more impactful. Man, if he made the league. If you made the league, okay, cool, But if he takes a school like a how would a ham in a Morgan stage? All right, whatever, and he coached that and got them to that level, I think it would show everybody like that.
Speaker 3: That would be even a bigger f you.
Speaker 13: Okay, that's interesting. And next time I see him, I'll be like, hey, you ever thought about coaching?
Speaker 3: Does he talk in his documentary?
Speaker 9: Oh?
Speaker 7: Yeah, okay, he don't talk. He don't really talk for himself ever yet And I don't like that either.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 5: I've already seen some of your comments in it. I've got you know, I got the video back and everything I have to give the notes. No, I think what people will hear from him in this doc he is unloading and I don't mean it like in an angry way, but he is, as you know, like he hasn't spoken very much, and so when people accuse him of like, oh, he just wanted the attention of this, like really, I mean if he wanted this attention, this is a bad way of showing it because he rarely does interviews and he's just kind of tried to let his work speak for himself. But yes, in this documentary you get a lot of Colin telling his own story. And so I think a lot of the people who were detractors, they will be embarrassed after they watch some of this.
Speaker 3: What did that drop?
Speaker 13: It will be in twenty twenty four.
Speaker 3: Okay, that's the That's that's his.
Speaker 5: That's his as succinct as a timeline as I can give you. But I'm really impressed with where things are. I love, you know, just the energy and just the passion. You know, Spike, He's been incredible to work with, just smart, knowledgeable, all those things like legendary filmmaker you all know.
Speaker 13: But I've learned a lot doing this.
Speaker 3: I will only go anywhere. We got more with Jamil Hill.
Speaker 2: It's the breakfast logan morning turning everybody's j ND. Charlomagne, the guy we are the Breakfast Club was still kicking it. Very insightful with Jamil Hill this morning, Charlamagne.
Speaker 3: I do miss your sports takes, Jamail. I talked about this all the time.
Speaker 5: You know, let me tell you this, Charlomade, I think you deserve You should give me credit because it took a lot for me to resist texting you the day my forty nine ers just put just beat the breaks off.
Speaker 13: Y'all, because because I knew this was I would see him in person, and.
Speaker 3: Number I would have coord you. I would have put you. Yeah, I mean just for five minutes to like you have something to say, wash them feel like to a black woman, are you happy to see that it ain't about like what I was just like that was bad.
Speaker 13: Yeah, we are problem, but we are a problem for most of them.
Speaker 3: We knew that, we knew that.
Speaker 5: But we are a problem for Dallas specifically, you know. And so when I when when I saw the final score because I missed most of the game because I had to ask some other things to do, but I knew we were gonna win.
Speaker 3: I just didn't think it was gonna be like that was.
Speaker 5: I was like, you know what I'm gonna I'm gonna give Charlam made some some privacy, you know, some thoughts and prayers, and then when I see him in.
Speaker 13: Person, be like your boys.
Speaker 7: No, that was the moral the first two weeks. I'm like, yeah, we're going to the super Bowl. You know I say that every year.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you know you went the lost of the Cars. That's nothing right going to super Bowl against New England. Going to super Bowl? What was weak?
Speaker 2: I'm like, Daddy texted him and said, Charlam Mane, We're really going to the super Bowl.
Speaker 3: Buy your tickets.
Speaker 13: Yeah, it's just the belief is so hard.
Speaker 7: That's been a different conversation. Yeah, okay, this is depressing. Let's go back to one one of the topics. Okay, THEO Vaughn is sexy Red, all right, talking we talk about it a couple of times. What about that interview is so upsetting, Like there's no need to beat up on her.
Speaker 3: It's sexy red.
Speaker 16: Yeah.
Speaker 5: I mean I don't think that anybody was rushing to hear you know, what her political takes were. But the problem with is, like the misinformation. It wasn't that she gave her political takes she's allowed to give her political take. She could have said I supported Trump and listed off the reasons that actually made a little bit more sense. Yeah, she could have said that, because it's her right to have that opinion. But it's the misinformation that that is what I see is to be more dangerous when you have that kind of platform, because like it or not, people aren't going to listen to her. And even though you know she talking about they love Trump in the hood, I was like, well, Poles don't really show that, but that's okay, go ahead, go off, And so I took the opportunity. To your point, I saw it as a teachable moment because, as you said, there are some people who do say the same things with what's being said. Even though Donald Trump's name were on that stimulus check, he did not the money did not come from it, but it didn't come right out of his bank account. It was it was passed by congress people. And that's part of the general collective ignorance that we have. A lot of us don't know how government works. There's no shame in that because it is a complicated system, but we have to understand how legislation has passed, how policies are made knowing the right person to be mad at, because a lot of the things that people are mad at, you know, inflation, other things.
Speaker 13: I was like, the president doesn't have a whole lot.
Speaker 3: To do with that.
Speaker 5: And we're in a huge age of corporate greed like we've never seen before. And I wish that we had a better handle on who to blame, because then that would help us better strategize.
Speaker 3: But you know what, I tell tell the hood, I'll just be like, Biden gave our stemmies too.
Speaker 13: But that was brilliant though. I was like, I mean, no president in the history has ever done that.
Speaker 3: He's like, no, no, no, no.
Speaker 5: The checks get held up because he was like, no, I'm any that Donald J. Trump on it because he knew, he knew the lasting impact that would have. But you're right, Biden Trump signed signed it in twice. Yeah, I signed it in once. Biden gave out Stimmy's.
Speaker 7: Two it is that's the hook, Yeah, right, that's how you get your sexty residents.
Speaker 13: It isn't.
Speaker 5: And unfortunately the other part of it is that the amount of media machinery behind the right wing there's no democratic equivalent. I hope somebody in her camp or somebody period pulled her aside and said, hey, here are the issues. If you're gonna speak about these, and if you're gonna take a pro Trump position, at least if you're gonna take one, take one that is a little more informative than the one that we your facts, know your facts, and.
Speaker 7: People just like to be entertained nowadays too. I bet you said you're at a registered vote.
Speaker 5: I mean, that would have been like a great follow up to be like, oh, so are you registered to vote? Are do you planning to vote for him in the next election? That would have been something to bring up with her, But I guarantee that might be the last political question she for quite some time.
Speaker 3: Spotify you part of ways with Spotify, I.
Speaker 5: Did, and you know, listen, I was there, I got there in twenty nineteen. You know, Spotify was undergoing quite a change in the sense that like they really wanted to be the most prominent brand in the podcast game, and so a lot of the things, a lot of the ups and downs and figuring stuff out. Sometimes when you've become a part of something that's I wouldn't call them necessarily new, but a part of something that's like in a deep evolution period, you can wind up experiencing some of their growing prains, which are not necessarily out of malice. Nevertheless they impact your business. And so I think Spotify was overall a great partner. We had a good relationship, but for the things that I wanted to do, they just weren't a fit. You know, it was it was not an easy party, because again we were able to produce a lot of good things together. The podcast is self Jamail Hills Them Bothered, you know, on multiple NAACP Image Awards, one Webby Awards, like it was a very highly regarded podcast, but that in the podcast network that I created for black women, I just think ultimately weren't a fit for them. And so one thing the experience that ESPN taught me is that when I see certain things and see certain I guess fore.
Speaker 13: Lack a better way to put in red flags.
Speaker 5: Then I know, like I probably am better off before this gets to a point where it is contentious, where we don't like each other as much, it's probably best that I move on. Yeah, I guess I'm really extraordinarily sensitive to those things following the ESPN experience, and so when I saw some of the same decisions being made in the same dynamics, I was like, yeah, this is probably a good time.
Speaker 3: You know.
Speaker 5: It's like Pittsburgh, the Steelers they used to be known for this is in fact they were good at cutting players too early rather than too late.
Speaker 1: Wow.
Speaker 5: Right, And so I felt like we should probably cut the relationship now as opposed to later on with this wild be bad for both of us.
Speaker 3: One more question, you still think to get Helly's racist a reason for it?
Speaker 7: Yeah, I know why you said that you thought she was racist, but not wanting common Vice President Harry.
Speaker 5: No, So it's not that because again, like in politics, you're not gonna agree with who needs to be the leader. It's not general disagreement that I think people took it that way. I'm not calling her a flat out racist, but what I will say is that she's very comfortable using racist dog whistles to further and advance her political position.
Speaker 7: I feel like the biggest opposition Vice President Harris is going to face is going to come from in her own party.
Speaker 13: Yes, I agree.
Speaker 7: I think that there's people in her party right now who don't want her to be vice president because you see that came out.
Speaker 5: I did time, and it's the hit pieces that are done on her. It's just I don't I mean, I get it, but.
Speaker 3: I don't get it. But I had to go google and see, well what did she do? Like I was like, it just came out of nowhere long as I.
Speaker 13: Mean even some of us who are just like, well, what is she doing? Where's she being?
Speaker 5: Like she literally speaks every day guys like I don't know what to tell y'all, Like you're like, where is she? I'm like, uh, because I'm on the mailing list. I get her schedule practically every day. Like she's always doing a lot of things. Like I know right now she's on the college tour. But no, like she's been subjected to a lot of hit pieces, and you could tell their hip pieces because of some of the things they.
Speaker 13: Say about her.
Speaker 3: You can tell that from within, and they could.
Speaker 5: Tell it from within. It's like because I think in that is this. This is the article that mentioned how much time she spends on her hair?
Speaker 3: On her hair? Are you serious?
Speaker 5: Like that's what we're doing like on her air, Like she's a black woman, I bet she is going to spend some time on her air because the moment she doesn't look presentable, guess what the conversation is going to be about the vice president. So it's like she's damned if she does, damned if she doesn't. She's caught in a really tight position. And I feel like it is really it's really neutering what I think makes her such a strong politician. And like it or not, Joe Biden would not have gotten elected without her, He would not have She was the strongest, I think person for him to run with. I mean, look, listen, do you feel like that there's another viable VP that will get No?
Speaker 3: I don't think that exactly. I don't think the Democrats have no bitch period.
Speaker 13: No, it's than it's then like when you look at who could have run.
Speaker 3: He said, bench bench, no bench, clear bench bench. I said, they don't have no bench, no bitch. Oh my goodness.
Speaker 2: All right, ladies and gentlemen, pill a memoir the paperback right now. I appreciate you for joining us, and it's the Breakfast Club. Good morning morning everybody.
Speaker 3: You see j N V.
Speaker 2: Charlamagne the guy. We are the Breakfast Club again. Shout to Jamail Hill for joining us this morning.
Speaker 7: I just heard the craziest quest Yes through the jamail hill to make sure you go get our paper back uphill it's available.
Speaker 3: Now I'm listening to, you.
Speaker 7: Know, the Breakfast Club news team yep, talking the control room, and all I heard was where do old holes go?
Speaker 2: It was like, didn't be like heaven, I will hose go Jesus Christ, all right, well, let's get to the room. Let's talk City Girls.
Speaker 3: Or you gossip?
Speaker 9: You chatting?
Speaker 3: This is the rumor report.
Speaker 15: I mean, I guess we're on the breakfast club.
Speaker 2: This is where the tea spells right right now City Girls talk about their new album and the new details of the album, and they talk about the name of the album.
Speaker 13: I'm coming out this month October, October twenty.
Speaker 3: Can we say the name of it?
Speaker 10: Let's give me might as well you could. You could say what it's called. I'm gonna get appreciation. It's called rock rock, raw rock.
Speaker 13: Is it rich or real? But it's both.
Speaker 10: It's sound rich, real, lass horse real lass horse rock r A W.
Speaker 13: And I'm some real.
Speaker 3: Man. We are such an un serious planet. If you look at the comments, the comments were like the word woman was right.
Speaker 7: There is such an unreally planet. Drop on the clothes bombs for the city girls. All y'all know the City God No, I love you some city girls. I love the City City Girl. I can't wait for the album. But we such an unserious planet. Jesus ain't never coming back, y'all.
Speaker 3: Why would he? What reason would Jesus have to come back?
Speaker 1: Huh?
Speaker 2: The comments were hilarious all on y'all. Loan comments were like the word woman was right there. Realize woman, if you're being honest, realized woman, don't hit the same now, I don't, don't it don't all right?
Speaker 14: Man?
Speaker 3: Yes, So I hope they answer the question on the album where to all? Where do all hold? So that album will be October twenty and why they got to sound it out?
Speaker 13: Horse?
Speaker 3: God, damn, horror sounds crazy, horse like when you say, oh, it's like ho you know, realize whole you know it's okay. When you say horror, that means charging.
Speaker 2: Shut up man or charge horse tax all right, you might get a hold for forty dollars you're gonna have to pay. Telling you right now about the hour now, shout to Vlad dj vladd you know him from flat TV. He's actually gonna be up this weekend. He put on this social media be up this weekend. Now he's gonna be up here this week or next week?
Speaker 3: Damn?
Speaker 7: All right, Well the way you said, it's noting crazy just now. But you said, blag gonna be up here this weekend?
Speaker 13: All right?
Speaker 3: No, I mean that is this week next week?
Speaker 2: Will be here this week? Yeah, this week and next week on the show. That's correct, all right? Not in you, but no, no, I think you're the only one thinking. Okay, all right, Well, he talked about on the social media.
Speaker 3: He was talking. This is what he said.
Speaker 2: He's as anyone noticed that the most famous Jewish person on Earth, Drake, and the most famous Palestinian person on Earth, Kald hasn't said a thing about the Gayza Israel conflict.
Speaker 7: Who cares what Drake and Kalid got to say at a time like this, I can't wait to arg you glad about that.
Speaker 2: Well, he does this long statement, but you know who defended both of them, don't say it, Joe Rule.
Speaker 6: It's a tough thing. I don't think anybody's obligated to do anything just because of the public figure. I mean, I know there is expectations of you know, for people but it's a tough thing, man. You know, sometimes people just you know, they make a decision in that career to stay away from politics, to stay away from, you know, certain things that are you know, tough topics to speak on, you know, religion, you know, be staking the tough and in other times people may not feel like they're educated enough at the moment to speak right away.
Speaker 3: So get people time to do what they're doing.
Speaker 7: To traveling includes bof of joy Row. He's absolutely right, And you know, I think that we should go and see what Ja Ru thinks. You know I did that on my TV show last season. Want your favorite thing to do, go and see what Yi Rod thinks. But the reality of the situation is, uh, Drake and cald are not obligated to speak on anything. And why would I expect for them to speak on this situation because they don't speak on any any social issues. They never that's not their thing. But why do we have this unhealthy obsession with celebrity to where we always want to hear what celebrities think about issues?
Speaker 2: Why you know, we joke about Ji Rul or what this Ji road dig a lot. But Jiro's actually right, Like if somebody is not knowledgeable of the situation, is no more much about it. WHI leave a comment based off what everybody else is doing. And by the way, I be sheep like if you don't know, so say.
Speaker 3: Sometimes all I.
Speaker 7: See is all I see is celebrities getting killed with speaking now because they don't know what the hell they're talking about. I saw Justin Biever post a picture of Palestine right and the destruction that has gone through, but he put pray for Israel on top of it.
Speaker 3: He got destroyed for that, you know what I mean.
Speaker 7: I just don't see why you just can't say, if somebody does ask you, why not just say pray for peace?
Speaker 3: Because it all looks terrible to me, you know, and it's some people dying. It's always terrible.
Speaker 7: But we get mad if we get mad when people don't know what they're talking about and then they speak. But I'm not looking to Drake and Calid to speak on any of this stuff because they don't ever do, and I don't care if they do or not. Why do we have such an unhealthy obsession with celebrity that we have to hear from celebrities on every single thing? Doesn't make sense? It makes zero sense, doesn't make sense at all.
Speaker 3: All right, well that is your room or report now, charlamaun who you giving your uncle?
Speaker 17: Two?
Speaker 11: Man?
Speaker 7: Four after the hour. Man, there's a young woman. I'm sorry, Florida. I promise you, Florida, I don't come in here. And I think you're picking off a young woman named Florida, named Catherine Eves, who needs to come to the front of the congregation. We really really would like to have a word with her because she violated one of the greatest cultural institutions of all time, which is Walmart.
Speaker 3: We'll discuss all.
Speaker 2: Right, we'll get to that next and don't move. It's to breakfast club. Good morning, the breakfast Club. Your mornings will never be the same.
Speaker 3: Make sure you're telling the watch out of Florida. The craziest people in America come from the bronx in all of Florida. Yes, you are a donkey.
Speaker 17: The Florida man attacked an ATM for a very strange reason.
Speaker 3: It gave him too much money.
Speaker 13: Florida man is arrested after thatthing. Says he rigged the.
Speaker 3: Door to his home in an attempt to electro hit his president's lights.
Speaker 13: Police arrested in Orlando. Man, we're talking a.
Speaker 3: Flammuda the breakfast club. Bitch you donkey other day with Charlamagne A god. I don't know why y'all keep letting him get you Twell, look the wall. That's not me, it's your state.
Speaker 7: Okay, Donkey Today for Thursday, October twelfth goes to a Florida woman named Catherine Eves. Eve's okay, now, what to you? Uncle shall always tell you about the great state of Florida.
Speaker 3: Say it with me. The craziest people in America come from the Bronx and all of Florida.
Speaker 6: Now.
Speaker 7: Catherine was arrested in charged with petty retail theft and she stole from the cultural institution.
Speaker 3: That is Walmart.
Speaker 2: Now.
Speaker 7: According to the surveillance footage, this woman was walking around Walmart for about three hours before walking into the tire center, passing several cast registers and leaving the store without paying for our items. I know, I know you're thinking to yourself, who the hell walks around Walmart for three hours? The answer would be us country folk.
Speaker 3: Okay.
Speaker 7: If you read my first book, a New York Times bestseller, Black Privilege, then you know I have a whole sub chapter dedicated to Walmart. See when you grew up where I grew up, most corner, South Carolina, and you know it's not much to do. And when we were young, that twenty four hour Walmart, we would go there late at night and wandering around for hours, just like that young lady.
Speaker 3: Now, mind you, I was a teenager. She's thirty four years old. But maybe she had figured life out.
Speaker 11: Check.
Speaker 7: Okay, when I was wandering around Walmart for hours as a teenager, I hadn't figured life out yet either, So maybe she was wandering around Walmart trying to figure things out. I'm not judging, but i'll tell you what I am judging her choice to steal. See captain stole one hundred and sixty dollars worth of items, two head colored kids, two drill batteries, shampoo, and a few other random items fishing hooks and all types of stuff, totaling one hundred and sixty dollars.
Speaker 3: Now she got arrested.
Speaker 7: The reason she's getting donkey today is because of why she told the officers she stole. She said, and I quote, I thought the security guard was trying to hoiler at me. Let me read some of the Post Miranda interview, Eaves told deputies the security guard started talking to her, but she thought he was trying to holm, so she ran out of the store. Oh and my point is proven. She said she was at Walmart in the first place because she had nothing to do and was killing time. And she says she had to return a few items and grab a few more. So you return some items, and by grab a few more, you meant steal. This is what happens when you tell one lie. When you tell one lie, you got to tell another one that makes sense of the first one you just told. So her story is I came in the store to return some items and grab a few more. I also had nothing to do with with killing some time. I walked past all the cash registers in the tire center and she said she left the store because there was no cashiers in the tire center area. I don't even know why you thought you could pay for those items in the tire center era area in the first place. Once you got to be buying a tire to buy other items too. Furthermore, when there's no cashiers around, that is not a reason to leave the store. In fact, when I'm in those situations. I think it's a setup because soon as you try to walk out the door, security and asset protection specialists gonna hop out like gotcha, bitch. And that's exactly what happened here. Asset protection specialists popped out and told her go back.
Speaker 3: In the store. Okay, she refused, and because she refused, you know, she got arrested. You know, she got caught. And now look here's the thing.
Speaker 7: You know, the only reason the security guard was trying to hil at her was to tell her stupid ass to get back in the store and pay for these items before you get locked up.
Speaker 3: And Charlamagne gives you donkey today. And I'm gonna tell y'all something.
Speaker 7: I know somebody coming down off of meth high when I hear one okay, wandering around Walmart at thirty four years old, walking around the store for three hours, stole one hundred and sixty dollars of a bunch of random items. Then thought the security guard was trying to holler, trying to kick at the tour that's her excuse for not paying for the items.
Speaker 10: Meth.
Speaker 3: Okay, these are the stages of meth, the rush, the high.
Speaker 7: She walked around Walmart, waiting for the hide of way off, and as it started the way off, she started tweaking. When folks is tweaking, they lonely depressed. This is a very dangerous time because they have increased hostility, irrability, and delusion. And you know what really grinds my gears about that situation, though, Catherine, if the security guard did try to holler at you, all you had to do is entertain them. Men are stupid telling me looked handsome in his uniform. Ask him if you're working out, Say is that your flashlight that you happy to see me?
Speaker 14: Say?
Speaker 3: Ooh, is that lazy eye winking at me? That security guard wouldn't have cared if you walked out after that. He would have either paid for the items for you or just let you slide. You gotta use what you got to get what you want.
Speaker 2: Okay, As women out here popping a whole poem poem for forty dollars, you could have flirted with the fat security guard for one hundred and sixty and got all your items for free.
Speaker 3: Boom.
Speaker 7: I should have been a Pi Kasoft. Please give Catherine the East the sweeps outs of the Hamiltons.
Speaker 13: Oh no, you are the doggee.
Speaker 3: Of the day, all the dogee all the day. Yee. That would have never happened to Sexy Red. Sounds like it wouldn't happen to you.
Speaker 7: That would have never happened to Sukiana Okay, JT and Young Miami. That would have never happened to them. Okay, they would have known how to play that security guard. They would have had that security guard wrapped around in their finger. All right, look in one of their eyes if you want to trapped, all right, got your boom, then slid with one hundred and sixty dollars out the store.
Speaker 3: Uh, and I'll be back. I'll be back in a couple of days. He's sitting there, fat with the lazy eye like. It sounds like you used some of those it's that a flashlight? Are you happy to see me? It seems like you used that before you judging the inner city girl of me. Yes, all right, you want to play a game? Not really? M hmm, not really because I want to know? Okay, Okay, Well I guess we'll play a game up. Guess what racing is? All right, don't na be honest with you. Race don't really matter when you're from Florida. Okay, but Florida.
Speaker 7: Her name is Kathany thirty four years old, walked around Walmart for three hours before she stole one hundred and sixty items. She said she stole the items and had to run out the store because security was flirting with her.
Speaker 3: Guess what racing I'm gonna white? Why?
Speaker 5: Ah?
Speaker 2: Because I feel like if they were black, they wouldn't have stole a hook. They would have stole things that they made.
Speaker 3: It was lying. I made that up. I made the fish. I'm not I made the fish. I mean she did.
Speaker 2: I tell you, you're telling me, you tell me a drill bit fish. She did all that, all that stuff all the time.
Speaker 3: She did.
Speaker 7: She stole those things, but she didn't steal the Fisher said random items, So I just threw I just thought in my mind with the random items.
Speaker 3: Would be I don't know what it is. I don't know what she is now.
Speaker 7: I'm confused. Well, but you'll you'll be happy to know that you were correct. She is Caucasian.
Speaker 2: When you said fish, black person gonna try to flip something stell and you can't get that much money for a fisher.
Speaker 7: Right, I made the fisher cup The only reason I made the fisher cup because it said what she stole, and then it said random items.
Speaker 3: In my mind, based off the picture I saw, you said it woul probably she probably would steal a fish.
Speaker 7: Honestly, man, I'm gonna be honest with you. She looks think so I thought fish so. I just I don't know why my mind went the fish. She don't looks like she got a fishy older about her. She goes bacterial bag.
Speaker 2: You know, it's a little stinky. Yeah, that's a little stink. Little poo poo, that's a little dirty.
Speaker 7: Panther did still too, had colored kits, two drill batteries, and some shampoo, and then it's had a few random models.
Speaker 3: That's what made me say fishikes. Now be eat. We'll see y'all tomorrow. P p et Now Charlamagne asked this question.
Speaker 7: I didn't ask this question. I was in the control room listening to you know, our team talk, and I heard I just heard the question where do old holes go? Okay, so let's open up the phone.
Speaker 2: It just got me to thinking where do old holes go? Because we all know the old hose eight hundreds. We know them when they was young five eighty five. Where are they now? One on five to one? Well, it ain't now what are they doing church?
Speaker 7: Okay, I'm sure listen, listen, I'm sure they've evolved, you know, just because they used to, you know, pop that thing for forty dollars back in.
Speaker 3: The day, don't mean nothing. Some of them, some of them your mamas.
Speaker 7: Some of them your mama's. They got daughters. Some of the new holes, go talk to their mama. You'll see that I put on far too far from.
Speaker 3: The trees, talk to the olds. I hate y'all. All right, let's talk. Eight hundred five five one. Come on, all of y'all. Know y'all out there right now thinking to yourself. Damn all?
Speaker 14: Is it?
Speaker 3: All holes go to heaven? No boy, all dogs go to heaven. I'm sorry. Eight hundred five eight five one oh five one all male, That's that's true. If you could, you called male hose dogs. So yeah, you want to turn cha turn up, Come on up a little bit, Come up a little bit. Come on one, were about to pay a little bit, about to play the hose hoes. The question turn up the breakfast club.
Speaker 4: It's topic time called eight hundred five eight five one oh five one to join it to the discussion with the Breakfast Club.
Speaker 2: Morning everybody. It's ce j Envy Charlamagne, the guy. We are the breakfast Club. Now you just joining us. Charlomagne had a question.
Speaker 3: It's not me, I told you.
Speaker 7: We was in the control room and I was talking to our team and they asked the question where do all old holes go? I think it's on TikTok, right, it is something happening on TikTok. This is a question that's being asked. Yeah, and I'm realizing that it must be young people asking this question because the old folks, we know.
Speaker 3: Where the old holes go. You know what that's that could be a good thing because if some of the young.
Speaker 2: Holes want to know what happened when they become older, they want to know where they should be going.
Speaker 7: Well, the truth to the matter is young holes just grow up to be old holes. And what happens to the old holes is life happens. They end up having kids, you know, some of them, you know, go to college. Like we act like just the term hole has such a negative so when you think, oh, I don't know what you think, but holes are people too, okay, and they go to college and they get degrees or.
Speaker 3: They go out there and they get good jobs and they live lives like truth.
Speaker 7: To the matter is, and you don't want to hear this, your mama probably was a hole and you ain't never had a conversation with her to see what her sex life was like, you know what I mean, back in the day a life. Grandma had a life, you know what I mean. And I know we got to be fair and say that men are definitely hold too, but we know it's a double status. We only talk about, you know, the women right now. So the reality is holes everywhere. Holes make the world go around. There's a whole that are you know, running Fortune five hundred companies. They're in the c suites, you know what I mean? As holes in the church. You know there's holes that you know own the local grocery stores like that.
Speaker 3: Like what I hate saying that the term holes, but I would say church right.
Speaker 2: And the reason being is because when you get a little older, you want to kind of repent for all of the wholeism that you did right.
Speaker 3: Good or bad.
Speaker 7: Yeah, you donet gave it to everybody, so now you won't give it to God. They go yeah, yeah, you gave it up to everybody. Now you got to give it to the Lord. Give it to that, right, Lord, Lord, the only one you ain't gave it up to Jesus Christ.
Speaker 3: Let's go to the phone. We got Tatiana on the line. Tatiana, good morning, good morning.
Speaker 9: How are you?
Speaker 3: How old are you talking to? What's up? How old are you? Okay, I don't know if you're old enough to have this conversation.
Speaker 2: Well, and this thing you say, your grandmother talked about it all the time.
Speaker 3: Your grandma was a whole retired home. He is.
Speaker 12: Little toy.
Speaker 3: Damn. What how old is you? All right?
Speaker 12: Aff Like I'm twenty four or younger?
Speaker 3: Oh okay, So she never stopped home.
Speaker 12: He never stopped She's still out here.
Speaker 3: I bet you she's young. I bet she got a young, youthful energy to her too. At fifty something, she's looking for anybody that's listening.
Speaker 7: By the way, I want you to know, fifty something old, but it's coming from a forty five year old man.
Speaker 9: Okay, sixty three fifty three.
Speaker 3: Ain't fifty three.
Speaker 2: So you basically said, so you try to say old holes don't retire. They still home.
Speaker 3: They're still out here, man flew through your grandma, God bless her. I hope she hold until she got to take her dinches out to what.
Speaker 14: Hello, who's this Thomas from Brooklyn?
Speaker 3: Thomas? Good morning? So man, where did all the old holes go? Thomas? All old holds go to heaven?
Speaker 14: Man, They cook clean and they do that thang. You feel me?
Speaker 3: Where is my listen? Here's the other thing, Thomas.
Speaker 7: I love the enthusiasm in your voice, because here's the thing that we don't talk about enough.
Speaker 3: We love holes, Yep, we do.
Speaker 10: We do.
Speaker 3: Like you even you even want the woman you marry, You want your late to have to have some hole in the damn right.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so they say, lady in the lady in the streets, but freaking freek freak hole whatever you want to be a.
Speaker 3: Jesus Chris word, all right, w h O r E alright.
Speaker 2: Real lass, whole word to the city girl. All right, thank you, brother. Eight hundred and five eight five one oh five one. We're asking.
Speaker 3: I don't even know where this question came from, Charlamagne.
Speaker 7: I told you I was in the back talking to the team and they was asking where all the old holes go? But mind you, all of them young, so they don't understand it. Like I done, seen all the young.
Speaker 3: Holes grow up the old host. Can we go?
Speaker 2: Can we play Ludacris? I got holes in different area codes. I'm gonna go there. You wanna do Cali, which one area coades?
Speaker 3: Which one?
Speaker 2: Which way you want to do it? You gotta do Luther, Come on, man, all right, well, let's get to it right now. It's the backfast club more.
Speaker 3: Than nineteen hundred and seventy eight. Okay, gotta play for.
Speaker 4: The old hole for the host. It's topic time called eight hundred five eight five five one to join it. It's a discussion with the breakfast club.
Speaker 3: Talk about it morning.
Speaker 2: Everybody's stevej NV Charlamagne the guy we are the breakfast club that was Ludacris area codes. Now if you're just joining us. Charlamagne came with this question, where do the old hole?
Speaker 3: I did not come with that question. The youngins got a question.
Speaker 7: Clearly, this is something that's happening because the youngins on our team was talking about something that's being asked on TikTok.
Speaker 3: So the young focus on TikTok is wondering where the old holes go. So I guess that.
Speaker 7: But I'm thinking is that you got a bunch of young holes on TikTok question in their life choices now, and they just want to.
Speaker 3: Know what happens as they get older. That's what I think is going on here.
Speaker 6: You know.
Speaker 2: And one of our producers says, hey, the girl that called that's twenty four and her grandma is fifty three.
Speaker 3: What I mean her granty ain't the only hell, You're not a hole just because you had a child young. I didn't say that, but I'm just telling you what what about producers say? But the blucer said, well, what about the mama?
Speaker 7: And I think when we stay home, we mean people that are sexually liberated, sexually free, you know.
Speaker 3: And the word whole is like the slang term for that. Okay, Nicole, the morning, the money and gentlemen, Nicole. So the question is where do the old hoss? I need to know how old you are? First, Nicole?
Speaker 16: I am thirty years old.
Speaker 3: Okay, So you you you you your your old hope, she ain't got to be old. Hold you don't know she holding or not? Are you talk to us? Nicole?
Speaker 13: I the old hole?
Speaker 16: However, I say, I'm very experienced.
Speaker 12: Okay, so well, gentlemen, My ten room is that old holes are male and female. I think some of them going to be very successful individuals that influence the world. They could be military commanders, they can be business owners, or it could be radio social hosts.
Speaker 3: Right, Earlement, that's right, the fact right they call from Nicole? Hold on, hold on? Where you from? Nicole? I'm from Harlland, but I'm living New Jersey. Now, okay, we don't know each other doing uh no, you.
Speaker 12: Know my family is from South Carolina amongst corner bono.
Speaker 2: Okay, okay, okay, all right, all right Nicole, thank Nicole, talking to you, gentlemen, I have a day days.
Speaker 3: They're talking to you too. Let me ask your question. I think like that little right Charlamage.
Speaker 2: Yeah know me, but you know her family from Monks. She's been listening to me for a long or she knows I listen. I'm a reform ho and she knows somebody that knows somebody knows somebody.
Speaker 3: I'm a reform hold I'm talking. Ain't no, ain't no thing you think Holden is an hereditary?
Speaker 7: Is holding hereditary? I think everybody likes sex. You know what I'm saying, and people. It's just everybody likes that. Who do you know that doesn't like sex? Everybody likes sex in some way shape orf asexuals though, I don't even know what that is.
Speaker 3: I don't know either.
Speaker 2: Somebody shout it out to the classas I.
Speaker 3: Was listening to these young kids. I don't even know what the hell that is? The hell does that even mean? I don't know. Hello, who's this?
Speaker 12: Hey? This is April.
Speaker 14: How you doing, April?
Speaker 3: Good morning? We're asking where do the old holes go?
Speaker 12: So the old holes.
Speaker 9: Retire and go back to from high school, who always loves them.
Speaker 3: That's where they go.
Speaker 7: That's good forty So after you done ran, after you done ran around and gave it up to everybody, you just go back the old faithful from high school.
Speaker 12: Huh pretty much?
Speaker 3: Okay, thank you, April. Paula. Good morning, Paula. Paula there, Hey, yes, I am Hey, good morn. Old are you Paula?
Speaker 14: Hi?
Speaker 12: So the question of the day should be like a family, few questions, but I say they better church.
Speaker 3: How old are you, Paula?
Speaker 12: I'm thirty eight.
Speaker 3: Thirty eight, okay, so you're getting up there. Then you don't know she a hope. Are you would you can? Do you think you a hope?
Speaker 10: I just know?
Speaker 12: Hell no, I just dropped off all these sam kids at fool.
Speaker 3: Let me kid you guys.
Speaker 12: I got three girls?
Speaker 3: Oh for real? How many baby daddy?
Speaker 12: Oh my god?
Speaker 7: How many baby Paula? I got two too, okay to baby daddy? How many boyfriends?
Speaker 15: How many?
Speaker 3: What? How many boyfriends?
Speaker 12: I got nothing? I'm married. I've been married for ten years.
Speaker 3: Oh okay, okay, so you're married one of your one of your uh baby boys? Baby? Yeah, baby, okay, good job, good job.
Speaker 6: Good.
Speaker 7: Did you tell them about your like, did you show them your whole facts before y'all got married?
Speaker 3: Did you show them like?
Speaker 14: No?
Speaker 12: No, I was actually the unexpected young mom at twenty out of my friend group. So I was the one that like graduated with my d card, and all my friends were like, you know, I guess trying to push me to like give love a chance.
Speaker 7: No, they're trying to push me to give love a chance because I was too busy out here hoeing.
Speaker 3: Thank you, Paula, Jesus Christ.
Speaker 7: When your friends got to push you to give love of chances, you're doing too much out here?
Speaker 9: Who's this.
Speaker 3: From Detroit, me from Detroit.
Speaker 2: We're talking about where the old hoes got by.
Speaker 3: You ain't lying, You are not lying. Thank you about that. Because Facebook is the place you go. And then you'd be seeing all of the girls that you knew that used to be holds and you're like, Oh, that's what she's doing. Now, what's the mall of the story, Jesus Christ. The mall of the story is city girls realize hord is coming soon. I can't wait. They gonna have the world in shambles. October twenty fifty. Dight so October twentieth, Yes, right, no, yes, next week? What what happened the City Girls coming out next week?
Speaker 11: Yes?
Speaker 2: Wo man, they about to have the fall in shambles. Real ass holes coming out next week October twentieth. Man, come on now, come on Jay.
Speaker 3: He sounded like like an old hole. Right now, I'm outside. He got next what let's go. I hope they got a record with Sexty Red.
Speaker 7: Shout to Kresha and j They're gonna have Oh, they're gonna have the conscious community in shambles. The conscious community is not gonna know what to do with themselves when that real ass hord A BYuT the city girls drop you hear me?
Speaker 2: All right now, when we come back, we got to tell you about Genie mine and the rumors. Uh, she's taking some time. The hell we'll give you well, tell you all about it when we come back. It's the breakfast Logod Morning, the breakfast Club.
Speaker 3: Morning. Everybody's TJ n V. Charlamagne, the gud. We are the breakfast Club. Let's get to the rumors. Let's talk. Tell us where thro myset hould out the name? Or you gossip?
Speaker 14: Been en?
Speaker 3: You chatting? God? Is the rumor report?
Speaker 15: I mean, I guess we're on the breakfast club. This is where the tea spells.
Speaker 3: Right right, all right now.
Speaker 2: Last night, Taylor Swift premiered the tour film for her Arras tour yesterday and a lot of people came out.
Speaker 7: Guess who came out. Charlemagne, Uh, the Queen herself. Don't ask me why you're asking me like, I don't know. You shouldn't be asking.
Speaker 3: I don't know. Of course, Beyonce came out support Taylor Swift. I didn't know.
Speaker 2: Well, Beyonce came out to support Taylor Swift. She sat in the front row of the empty movie theater and they I guess watched the film.
Speaker 3: The movie theater empty.
Speaker 2: If it's a premier, I guess maybe they did two premiers, so one pictures for just Beyonce.
Speaker 3: I think. So that's what they made it seem like.
Speaker 2: All right, now, Taylor, you better return the favor when Beyonce's movie comes out. That's right, Okay, When Beyond's movie comes out and you know she has her premier, you and her better be the only person in the theater.
Speaker 3: Well, it was Blue, I know Blue had to be there. I don't know.
Speaker 2: Well, Beyonce is said to release her own tour film for Renaissance, of course, and that's gonna happen December first.
Speaker 7: With Taylor Swift said about Beyonce, she wouldn't be nothing without.
Speaker 3: You wanted me to go, I don't have it. Okay, Well, Taylor Swift said, I wouldn't be without Beyonce.
Speaker 8: I'm so glad. I'll never know what my life would have been without Beyonce's influence. The way she's taught me and every artist out here to break rules and the fire industry norms. Her generosity of spirit, her resilience and versatility. She's been a guiding light throughout my career, and the fact that she showed up tonight was like an actual fairy tale.
Speaker 3: Thank you so much.
Speaker 8: I love you, I love Blue, I love Home, and one day I hope we can do an album together.
Speaker 3: I don't know why you think Taylor Swift sounds like that. I don't know. I don't know. But she didn't say anything about the albumy ever, but that's what she pretty much said.
Speaker 7: See, don't lion feel good when you just lie, especially when you just doing these rumors and stuff.
Speaker 3: It's all live. A lot of it is just lies anyways.
Speaker 7: To just add your own sauce to it now and then it feels good when you hear somebody else repeating a lot that you've done told, Oh, come on, give me one, let me ask some.
Speaker 3: Sauce to it. Okay.
Speaker 2: Now, Genie My revealed she's taking a break from social media to heal. She says, sometimes you need to take a break and disconnect to heal.
Speaker 5: Go.
Speaker 7: Well, you know Genzi's old life. We all know what his old life was. We know trapp or Die and you know, we know the whole b MF Era.
Speaker 3: But you may not know. Jenny man is trying to get into that life.
Speaker 7: Oh, she wants to hustle contract ghosts and Tasha so it's like Gez want to go you know straight, Tasha still won't be about that life.
Speaker 3: I don't know if y'all knew.
Speaker 2: That jim Mas is upset and that's why it's not working, because she wants to go back to that trash.
Speaker 3: Yes, yes, and since Gzi wants to get out of the track and not saying he still got the bricks in her auntie, Oh.
Speaker 2: She still got what I'm saying at mama house. Ya still at her aunt That's what I'm trying to tell y'all. That's what I'm trying to tell you. It makes sense, makes sense. You know, I understand he might not He might have had to grow upart. You didn't hear that from me. Now now that here's another one. Now Cameron thinks that Russell Wilson should leave Sierra to be a better athlete.
Speaker 3: Let's listen too.
Speaker 1: Much more to say, Sean Payne, you try Russell Wilson, get rid of your girl. That's only only suggestion, Like.
Speaker 3: You can't get rid of Sierra.
Speaker 1: You want to win. You want to win. Listen to It depends on what kind of ring you want.
Speaker 3: Do you want?
Speaker 1: Do you want to ring?
Speaker 14: Man?
Speaker 1: What do you want? The Super Bowl race?
Speaker 3: Spin it?
Speaker 7: I mean, there's no spending that. You know, you don't get rid of Sierra. You know Sierra is going to be around way after the football career is over. You know your family is going to be around way after your football career is over. So you never trade true love for sports. You don't trade true love for anything. You never sacrifice personal joy for professional joy because personal joy is very, very very hard to take.
Speaker 3: Dog, why are you looking at me like that? Because you're in the room. You continue on. I have nothing else to say about that subject. He was looking at me like deep in thought, like you wonder I wasn't all right? Well that is your room report. Well just say that you ain't had no more rumors, But you were just staring at me.
Speaker 2: You ain't had no more rumors. Keep in my eyes like god, third host, I can't do this anymore, y'all looking deeper my soul like I don't know if we was getting uncomming.
Speaker 3: If we hired the third co hold over it. It's October already, okay.
Speaker 1: You know, you know me.
Speaker 2: She says, she hits you too, Claudia Jordan. She said she finished taping and she would love to come back up. She said she just finished. I guess she was filming in the jungle, she said. And that's right, she said, she's free filming in the That's what she said. She said she was shooting at the jungle.
Speaker 7: As long as it's better than that Tooby movie you was in. Claudia, Man, I laughed so much of that clip often. I posted it yesterday on my social media. No to see Claudia in the Tooby movie.
Speaker 3: No, I ain't see that. When she when she comes, I guess she must have just got out of jail or something. And she goes to her old boyfriend house at Claudia, you're gonna tell me that wasn't Claudia. Of course that was Claudia. That was Coldia at the door. And when she walks in and said, you told me you was gonna wait, You're gonna wait, And then she shot the wife. First, he shot the husband, and the little kid goes. The little kid goals, I'm just the kid. Shoot she shot her. That was yes, that was Claudia, Man, Yes, shot you that wasn't Beijing Ruin and your vision, bro. That was somebody now, that was that was Claudia.
Speaker 7: I'm honest, I didn't realize how stupid you were so this year with you for thirteen years, but this year, right, he proved to me how stupid you are.
Speaker 3: That wasn't Claudia. That was Claudia.
Speaker 2: I'm not talking to you though, I'm not talking to That was Claudia choice to be that. Yes, I can't wait to see I laughed at that. That that clip, mil I gotta look it up now. All right, it's the Breakfast mixes coming up. Let's go the Breakfast Club. Your morning's will never be the same morning.
Speaker 3: Everybody as teen j NV Charlamage the guy. We are the Breakfast Club. We gotta salute Jamil Hill for joining us again. That's right. Make sure you go get the paperback of Jamail Hill's book Uphill.
Speaker 7: It's a bit everywhere you buy books now, and salute to our good sister Jess Hilarious.
Speaker 8: Man.
Speaker 7: Make sure you watch Jess Hilarious in the first Lady of BMF movie on BT Plus. Okay, she don't want nobody to know that, but she's in the first Lady of BMF on BT Plus. Okay, fantastic film. I'm lying, I ain't seen it, but you should go watch it, Okay and tell me what tell Jesse hilarious.
Speaker 3: What you think?
Speaker 7: Go to her page and leave comments. All right, she's in the first Lady of BMF on BT Plus right now. Oh and also too, I want to tell folks man, make sure you go pick up my guy, Doug Melville's book. It's available November seventh. For this you can pre order it right now. It's called Invisible Generals. It's the next release off my book in print Black Privileged Publishing on Simon and Schuster. It tells the amazing true story of America's first black generals, Benjamin O. Davis Senior and Junior, a father and son who helped integrate the American military and create the famous Tuskegee air Man. So it'll be installed November seventh, but you can pre order it now wherever you buy books. Okay, Invisible Generals from my man Doug Melville.
Speaker 3: All right, when we come back, we got the positive notice to Breakfast Club.
Speaker 2: Good morning morning. Everybody is dj n V Charlamage the guy. We are to Breakfast Club It's time to get up out of here. Charlamonn you got a positive No, I'm doing this simple. Happiness is an inside job. Don't assign anyone else that much power over your life.
Speaker 3: Breakfast Club, you don'na finish or y'all done.