Speaker 1: It's a Brook and Jeffrey podcast. And you know, I love reading the reviews. But your mom left us three stars.
Speaker 2: What the well?
Speaker 3: She has a point, it's not that good.
Speaker 4: Oh listen, could you make up for that? Please leave? Is that too needy? Maybe? But the full show starts right now.
Speaker 3: The question of the day is are you a squisher? It's Brook and Jeffrey in the Morning.
Speaker 4: I hate that. I hate that sound effect because.
Speaker 3: There's a new poll update on that found the average person encounters a bug or a pest five times per week. It seems low to me and for most of us. The immediate reaction is to just squish them, but twenty percent would rather report it and let somebody else come do the squishing. Four back outsource your squish.
Speaker 4: You know, it depends on the bug for us in our family.
Speaker 3: Brook, I know you don't like to squish him. You like to collect them and blood them into your morning green smoothie.
Speaker 4: Yeah I mean that. Or I actually like to let the spiders outside. Ye yeah, yeah, because I love spiders.
Speaker 3: Brooks with the twelve percent of people who say they feel like it's their duty to catch and release the bug back into the wild, like shamboo.
Speaker 4: Yeah, that's true. I'm freeing Willie.
Speaker 5: It's actually how I high sad and I yelled free Willy.
Speaker 3: Survey found were more likely to squish a bug if we find it inside of our home or if they're on our bodies. Oh yeah, sure it did it to itself.
Speaker 4: If it's on my body, I don't squish it. I just screaming jump around.
Speaker 3: The top bugs that we tend to squish on site are beetles, cockroaches, centipedes, and spiders. Yeah, which I personally think are the best ones to keep alive in your house because they catch all the other bugs that are in there.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I'm with you. I'm on the spider gang.
Speaker 3: So yeah, Spider crew, Yes we are, we are.
Speaker 4: I hate cockroaches though, they're just like.
Speaker 3: Yeah, no, those gotta go. Textan seventy five nine two Are you a squisher? We're gonna move on and get into the shot colla question of the Day with the ultimate Morning show squisher, but in a different meaning of the word digital Jake, Jake, give it to us. Today is National Farmer's Day.
Speaker 2: Cool.
Speaker 6: I wanted to make sure I had the most up to date information to quiz you on so I spent hours scoping out farmers only dot Com asking around for an expert to help me.
Speaker 4: Glad you didn't.
Speaker 6: It wasn't as successful as I hoped, but I did receive a pretty handsome offering of a dowry from a landowner named Kalitis. With that going for me, I decided to plow on for a special one and done. Crops, slops and barnyard plops.
Speaker 3: Shot colored question at the.
Speaker 6: Day, we're kicking it off with Jose Jose. According to scientists, chimpanzees, dolphins, and elephants are the three most intelligent animals in the world, but a barnyard animal comes in at number four. Researchers say, which one of these is the smartest on the farm? Is it a a pig, be a sheep, or see a donkey.
Speaker 3: H that's a really tough one, does it?
Speaker 4: Everyone always say pigs are smart. Yeah, I feel like it's kind of easy, but.
Speaker 3: They can't like look up in the sky. I feel like, I think you're young.
Speaker 6: Very dumb shaped animals.
Speaker 3: Yeah, when you think back about all the other smart animals that he said first, we don't tend to eat any of those smart things. Yea and out of the ones that he listed, the only one that I don't know we eat. I don't know about Brooks hometown. But donkeys, yeah, you don't tend to eat that. Well, donkeys are related to horses. Horses are super smart.
Speaker 4: I don't think horses are as smart as you think that.
Speaker 3: If you've seen the movie Shrek, donkey can talk.
Speaker 4: Smart as Yeah, but what about Charlotte's web.
Speaker 7: You got a pig and that one that can talk okay or babe?
Speaker 4: That was a pig?
Speaker 3: All right, Well, I think it's a consensus, Jake, We're gonna go with pig.
Speaker 6: Jose said, pig.
Speaker 3: That is, thanks for the help.
Speaker 6: They're among the fastest learners of nature, and some pigs know how to open and shut doors, guide flocks of sheep, or even play video games.
Speaker 3: I want to play video games in the pig.
Speaker 4: Wouldn't it be crazy? Your stream would explain that's what you need to do.
Speaker 6: Brook it's your turn. In the famous painting American Gothic, it shows a man and woman standing in front of a farm holding a pitchfork, But the models the artists used for the painting weren't really farmers. It was someone he knew personally, Oh, really, was the man in the picture A the artist's electrician, B was it his dentist or C was it his proctologist?
Speaker 4: Proctologist? That isn't much. That's why he went with a gothic theme on that way, like American graphic.
Speaker 3: You can picture their faces, like, does that look like a dentist?
Speaker 4: I mean, here's the thing. My dad is an electrician. He would not it and model for an artist. He just wouldn't.
Speaker 7: But if you're a dentist, you've got a lot of spare time. I mean you three days a week. You know, it's like an artiest thing to do. If you're a dentist, you're trying to go up the social ladder.
Speaker 3: I'm going to Deennis don't work hard, so she's going to.
Speaker 4: I mean, honestly, look at their hours. They are not working five days.
Speaker 3: A week and follow us.
Speaker 6: Brooke went with the entitled Profession of Dentist.
Speaker 4: You know how I feel that is.
Speaker 6: Sitting in the dentist chair for so long gave the artist time to study his face and features. And then the woman was his sister. That makes sense for two alexis it's your turn, which of these is the most grown fruit crop in the entire world, said a apples, b bananas or c oranges?
Speaker 4: Oh, I wish I had any idea of.
Speaker 3: If you think about like how these things are grown. Some of those fruits need a certain type of climate in order to grow, and some of them are able to grow in pretty much any climate.
Speaker 4: Can you that? I just don't know the answers to which climate.
Speaker 3: I don't I don't want to.
Speaker 4: I guess a certain area to grow.
Speaker 3: Jeff Well, just bananas are so like island tropical and how many island tropical bananas to be able to get exactly? Is there a banana belt? Okay?
Speaker 4: Okay? Then no bananas? So apples or oranges. They're selling oranges in the big bags of cuties.
Speaker 7: Maybe there's a lot.
Speaker 4: Let's go oranges.
Speaker 6: Just said oranges.
Speaker 3: That is.
Speaker 4: Correct.
Speaker 6: Bananas are the number one fruit crop and the fourth largest crop overall behind wheat, rice and corn. Then it goes bananas.
Speaker 3: That's what I said. The tropical area of like India, Asia, India, Asia, That's what I meant.
Speaker 6: You need to read between the lions. Help Jeffrey your questions up. The Queen Salvaba Memorial Institute in Bangkok is both a popular tourist site and an important farm. Their animals are just a little less cuddly than a farm we think of here in North America. What animals are raised there? Is it a poisonous snakes to make anti venom, poisonous silk, spiders to make fabric, or see leeches a popular animal used in the practice of blood letting.
Speaker 3: Oh my gosh, you called a popular practice.
Speaker 6: It's a popular animal. It is a practice, not necessarily a popular practice.
Speaker 3: But the animal can't mis leaches when it comes to blood. You're telling me you never go pick up a leach on a Friday night on the way home. We're getting leeches just need a good leeching.
Speaker 4: Is there some beauty trends that are leeches?
Speaker 3: Actually, yeah, they make a lot of pharmaceuticals over in Asia, and so doing the poisonous snakes to get the anti venoms.
Speaker 4: It makes it logically, it fits.
Speaker 3: Yeah, someone's gotta do it. It seems right. We're going with poisonous snakes, Jeffrey said. Poisonous snakes. That is, you can pay a.
Speaker 6: Small free and watch a snake get milked.
Speaker 3: Alexis is the only one who got hers wrong, so she's gonna take a soul shock while singing Sorry Not Sorry by Demi Lovado.
Speaker 8: Baby, I'm sorry, I'm not sorry, I'm sorry.
Speaker 4: I'm not sorry. Being so bad got me feeling so good.
Speaker 3: That's your chocolate question of the Day.
Speaker 9: Brooke and Jeffrey in the Morning.
Speaker 3: A bizarre family mystery has haunted one of our listeners and all of her close relatives for the last fifteen years.
Speaker 4: Oh that's a long time.
Speaker 3: At the time it happened, they had no ideas, no clues to what really happened. Until the other day, when our listener was just casually walking down the street in New York and the answer literally brushed by her shoulder. Oh my gosh, and everything in that moment changed. It's one of the most baffling easy stories we've ever heard on the show. It's coming up in a brand new mass speaker at seven to ten. You don't hear me concession I can't take back earl Arms speaker text to seventy five to nine two says I keep a lighter in my home office. My girlfriend thinks it's to light the scented candle on the shelf, but it's not. What is it for it's used to light my toots. A come on, his girlfriend's like, oh, it always smells so nice in here. It must be that cinnamon scented candle. Why do you think I always have to light the candle, honey?
Speaker 4: But I said, use a match for that. O. No, thank you.
Speaker 3: Hey, look, if you want, we will gladly help you light your secret expulsions on fire so that nobody knows. And we'll do it right here on the mass speaker. And that's what one of our listeners wants us to do today. She's chosen Andrea as her face. Name Andrea. Welcome to the show.
Speaker 10: Thanks you, Good morning guys.
Speaker 4: Oh Andrea, so nice and formal. I like it.
Speaker 10: Just trying to be cordials.
Speaker 3: Okay, we don't get a lot of your type on this radio station. So you're a breath of fresh air. Our big lighters are ready, voice changers are on. You are the mass speaker. Whenever you're ready, let's hear your confession.
Speaker 4: You say match, you say light it up, Let's go awesome.
Speaker 10: So this is kind of offbeat, but I had a family member, an aunt, who was actually my favorite aunt. We were very close and growing up, you know, I always look to talk to her.
Speaker 4: Can I ask real quick, how old are you at this time?
Speaker 10: Oh, I'm a kid. She's in her thirties.
Speaker 3: She was in her thirties, okay.
Speaker 10: But one day she didn't come home from work at all. She just literally disappeared off the face there like what never ever ever heard from her again?
Speaker 4: You're so casual, my favorite.
Speaker 10: It's been a minute, you know what I mean, it's been some years. But now we're just like kind of numb to it, you know, because what do you do when it happened?
Speaker 5: Oh my god, jeez, is this something like where the police got involved.
Speaker 11: Oh?
Speaker 10: Absolutely, we tried to find her. We did our own little research.
Speaker 9: That's so sad.
Speaker 3: So sorry. I can only imagine what your family must have been going through.
Speaker 4: Oh she's still gone.
Speaker 10: Oh yeah, this was like fifteen years ago.
Speaker 4: What I wanted that you found her and it was some like kookie reason she was missing.
Speaker 3: Well maybe that is so.
Speaker 10: What happened was very ironically, I'm in New York City visiting and I'm walking down the street.
Speaker 3: When is this this was maybe ship?
Speaker 10: Oh yeah, I'm in New York City. As I said, I'm walking down the street and who do I see, but my aunt. I wasn't sure. I wasn't that a fixt show with her. But I know my aunt, right, So what you saw?
Speaker 3: What did you do?
Speaker 10: I called her name to be sure, obviously, and she reacted. She turned around, Oh.
Speaker 5: My god, did you guys run together and have a beautiful reunion.
Speaker 10: Well I definitely ran up to her and was just like flabberg I said that it was her like our school.
Speaker 3: Oh I would have been balling, crying, boo balls and cries at anything that happened. So that's not fair. What did you say? What happened? Right?
Speaker 10: So that's what I was asking her. Of course, I was just like showering her with all these questions, where did you go? What happened? Why did you leave?
Speaker 8: All of these things?
Speaker 10: And she kind of just deflected, you know, she didn't really answer any right question. She just said, you know, I will tell you everything. Just come back with me to my apartment. You know obviously I live here now, so we can talk about it there. And I was like, yeah, of course, like whatever you want to do.
Speaker 4: Oh I'm dying to know.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 10: We got back to her apartment. She made me some teat and she's like, Okay, before I even get started, this is super heavy, so let me just go across the street and get some cigaret it and I was like, okay, I just wait here for you. And I waited and I waited and I raided.
Speaker 4: She left you again.
Speaker 10: Yeah, I was there all afternoon.
Speaker 4: It's like I felt terrible and now I'm angry, like you deserve to know.
Speaker 3: She doesn't want to be found, clearly, but it's like, oh, your whole family through so much.
Speaker 10: That's why I shared with her, like we were mourning for you at one point. We didn't know what happened, and I just pressed out for answers and she wasn't willing to give them until she got these cigarettes.
Speaker 5: And then yeah, god, oh my god with somebody's husband.
Speaker 4: And then they're like, good riddance, get out of here.
Speaker 3: Did you reach out to your family back home and tell them that you tracked down your aunt in New York?
Speaker 10: I thought about it really long and hard got but I just felt like it would be more traumatic to bring it back up, and like re all of those memories.
Speaker 3: With no closure.
Speaker 5: I feel like you need to tell them. I feel like you gotta tell um, But they know it's hard. I know it's hard, but like.
Speaker 3: They're gonna blame you for losing her again. No, like, why didn't you go with her across the street to get the cigarettes? Sees you she runs away.
Speaker 1: I mean, how cliche is your aunt using the old I'm going out for cigarettes?
Speaker 3: Like weak cliche?
Speaker 4: I mean that sounds like so nineteen seventies.
Speaker 10: Well it worked because I was like, they're goofy yourself.
Speaker 4: Oh my god, So what do you feel now?
Speaker 10: I'm just angry. As you said, I felt bewildered. I felt like, oh gosh, I hope nothing happened to her. But you know, there's no closure. As you said, there wasn't a no, It's like nothing.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, there's no reason.
Speaker 4: Her anti climactic. It's like you're.
Speaker 10: Stirring up a pod and then you're not you know, all right, And that's why I'm not going to tell my family because why would I make them go through that again.
Speaker 4: Yeah, they're strong, they can do it.
Speaker 3: But there are some people in the world who just want to be by themselves, Like they don't want to be associated with their families or friends. They want to be on their own. And that's why I ignore calls from my mom on my birthday because I'm just like to leave me alone, please.
Speaker 4: Cheff is so jealous of your aunt.
Speaker 3: I know where she figured it out. If jeff could run away, he would, But he's on like a huge national radio show. I kind of know where he's at. Actually, you know what, I'm going to go across the street and grab some cigarettes. But texting eight five nine two, if you have a confession you've been holding on to, we can hide your identity, mask your voice, and make you the next mass speaker. Your phone TAP's coming up.
Speaker 9: Next, brooking Jeffrey in the morning.
Speaker 3: In today's phone tap, you know those places kids can go with trampolines and climbing walls and giant foam pits. Yeah, yeah, Well one mom is scheduled to take her twin daughters there for a kid's birthday party this weekend. What she doesn't know yet is the play zone area is officially at full capacity, so she's allowed to take one of her daughters. The other one. Well, we have a plan for her. It's in your phone tap right now.
Speaker 9: Morning.
Speaker 3: Hello, Hi Tanya speaking. Yeah, Hey, I know we've never met before. I'm Viv's dad. Brian.
Speaker 12: Oh, oh, hi, hi Brian. How are you.
Speaker 9: Hi?
Speaker 3: I'm good. How are you?
Speaker 12: I'm great? Thanks.
Speaker 3: Yeah, So your twin girls are coming to Viv's birthday this weekend, right, yes, they're so excited.
Speaker 12: Ali's especially very excited.
Speaker 3: Oh or excited.
Speaker 12: Yeah, she's a big climber, so she's really into the play zone stuff.
Speaker 3: So I was kind of hoping you wouldn't say that.
Speaker 12: Oh, I'm sorry to hear that it is something wrong, you.
Speaker 3: Know, I'm sorry because I know this is kind of inconvenient. But I talked to the party zone people and they told me that the play area that we rented out with the party room is over capacity. Oh yeah, that's my fault because I didn't know that you couldn't go over fifteen kids, like it's a safety issue. I guess.
Speaker 12: Oh got this. So there's like too many kids coming? Is that what's happening?
Speaker 3: Yeah? So here's the deal. Your twin girls are Ali and Ashley, right yeah. Yeah, So while Ashley can be in the play area, Ali is gonna have to watch from outside. What It's okay because I've got the people who work there to rope off an area just outside the building. But they have this pretty big window that looks into the play area.
Speaker 12: So you're gonna just like rope off an area outside and just put my kids, Like.
Speaker 3: Yeah, she'll be okay to like look through the glass and put her hand up on it, and she can watch all the other children have a good time. She just can't be in there with them.
Speaker 12: Right, But I just don't understand why my kid is being put outside while the rest of the kids can be inside playing.
Speaker 3: Well, because they're twins. You've got two of them, right, but they both are people. Most of the others only have one kid that are going to the park, So it's not really fair for me to say to somebody else, you can't bring your one kid, but she can bring two.
Speaker 12: I'm sorry, but Ali and Ashley are extremely close with VIVI. I don't see what the problem is.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, no, Look, we don't want her to feel excluded, and that's why the facility gave me special permission to bring a slice of cake outside so that she could eat it on the bus stop bench while she looks through the glass.
Speaker 12: Okay, I don't understand how is this allowed.
Speaker 3: It's right next to the building, so it's not far.
Speaker 12: Is she going to be supervisent anyway, Well.
Speaker 3: We will be able to see her outside. Oh my god, eating by herself.
Speaker 12: Are you laughing about my kid being excluded?
Speaker 3: And it's dusty in here. I'm in a dusty room, so I've got the sniffles.
Speaker 12: So you think this is a joke to actually put my kid in like.
Speaker 3: A pen, I don't. Don't think of it as a pen. Think of it as an exclusive vip roped off area without heat, without heat. We'll tell side, Okay, what you're doing.
Speaker 12: It's not right, and you're you're not taking into consideration my daughter's feelings.
Speaker 3: Okay, But in my defense, it's not your daughter's birthday. It's my daughter's birthday, and so I'm just trying to look out for what's best for her.
Speaker 12: Okay, But it's still about the kids. It doesn't matter whose birthday it is.
Speaker 3: This, yeah, but it's mainly about one kid, and that's Viv.
Speaker 12: What is the matter with you?
Speaker 3: It's her birthday.
Speaker 12: I don't care if it's her birthday.
Speaker 3: You agreed, you agree on her on her birthday, she should get what she wants.
Speaker 12: And what your daughter wants is to put my child in a pen outside and stare at her through a window.
Speaker 3: Okay, you're being a little dramatic here, and I've even told you that. Viv at some point during the party says she's willing to leave all of her good friends and walk over to put her hand up on the glass just to make Ali feel me food it.
Speaker 12: Oh like a prison, like a She's gonna go up like a prison visit and put her hand up on the glass, like that's going to make it better.
Speaker 3: Are you kidding me? You're comparing my sweet daughter's birthday party to a prison visit. Okay, how dare you?
Speaker 6: Wow?
Speaker 12: Okay, I have.
Speaker 3: Been to and it is nothing like that.
Speaker 12: All right, this is this is not going well. Actually, I really would rather my daughter's not go and be involved in this at all, because ridiculous, you're not It's ridiculous. No, I'm not.
Speaker 3: Oh, that actually solves everything for me, because clearly.
Speaker 12: My daughters are not a priority. They're clearly not close enough with VIVI to be included.
Speaker 3: Actually, if you don't bring Ali and Ashley, maybe you could just ask your sister Rachel to bring her daughter to the pop Sorry, what and that would fix everything?
Speaker 12: How do you even know what my sister's name is Oh.
Speaker 3: First of all, I know your sister because she's the one who asked us to do this prank phone call on you. Oh my god, I'm so sorry. My name is jeff from Brook and Jeffrey in the Morning. This is a phone tap.
Speaker 12: I feel so silly. Oh, I'm so embarrassed.
Speaker 3: Your sister Rachel is pretty vicious, isn't she.
Speaker 4: She's the worst.
Speaker 13: She knows.
Speaker 12: The worst way to pick on me is through my girls.
Speaker 3: Cool though, if we do, put Ali at the window and maybe we could have a little voice speaker so they could talk to each other like it is person God, no way.
Speaker 9: The wake up every morning was fum taps weekday mornings on the twenties Brook and Jeffrey in the Morning.
Speaker 3: Look, I know the saying is love can happen to anyone, anywhere, at any time.
Speaker 4: Yeah, that's such a nice saying.
Speaker 3: But at the risk of sounding a little judgmental, sometimes you see a couple together that makes you go, really, yeah, him, I do with her. I'm always like, dude's gorgeous. He doesn't look good at all. I can't And then I realized, I'm all I'm ugly looking in the mirror right now.
Speaker 4: You two are so judging, I mean really, like, how.
Speaker 13: Do you pull her?
Speaker 3: I'm like, oh, but it happens. And it couldn't have been more true than with two listeners who seemed like a very odd match when they came on our show, but against all odds, they decided not only were they going to prove all the doubters wrong, they're gonna come back to give us a peek into their unusual mismatched relationship, and you're gonna hear them in a brand new second date update update.
Speaker 4: Yeah love prevailed, Jeff, We're.
Speaker 3: Gonna find out right after this second date updated. Imagine you're a guy who finally gets a date with a really great girl who's maybe a little bit out of your league. That's exciting, but she tells you, yeah, sure, I'll slum it with you for just one night, and then on date night you blow it for the dumbest reason ever. Oh no, that's what one of our listeners, Lou, says happened to him when he met a hotty online. So let's ask him about it.
Speaker 2: Lou.
Speaker 3: First of all, thanks for slumming it by calling a radio show. You're out of our league. So I really hope we don't blow it with you.
Speaker 2: Oh, I don't think. So.
Speaker 5: There's a lot of tears to keep track of here for me at the bottom.
Speaker 3: We always are. So tell us, who is this lady that you met online?
Speaker 2: Her name is Kelly.
Speaker 4: Okay, Kelly's a hawkrel name.
Speaker 13: Yeah, that's what I always think anyway. So she works out like all the time. She's like really in shape.
Speaker 5: And all that stuff you talk to her about, or you just assume because we.
Speaker 2: Talked a little bit about that.
Speaker 13: You know, she never eats sugar, never eats bread, and she's always strict about her diet.
Speaker 2: I get that. I mean, I'm not quite as good.
Speaker 4: To look amazing, and those are the things that you have to sacrifice. That's why I will do it.
Speaker 13: So we hung out, went out to dinner and I even got the you know, the califlower appetizer.
Speaker 2: We had the sushi.
Speaker 4: You're trying to in her lifestyle.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, I was bowling me, you know.
Speaker 13: And then we went over to we went bowling over at Cosmic Bowls, you know, and they got the neon lights and the loud music.
Speaker 2: You know. We were having like a good time.
Speaker 3: And that's where you can like order some mots relisticks for yourself on the side and eat them like the bathroom, leave them over on stall too.
Speaker 2: The thing is the boweling.
Speaker 13: It ends like at eleven o'clock and I was like, I thought the date went well and I was thinking we.
Speaker 2: Just call it a night. But out of nowhere, she was like, hey, what are we going to do now?
Speaker 3: She wants to keep going.
Speaker 2: I'm thinking that's a fastball belt tiede.
Speaker 4: So I just said, I thought, said belt, Yeah.
Speaker 3: That's like the perfect place to hit the ball. It's a layup.
Speaker 4: Are you a little bit older than.
Speaker 13: No, well I think I have a couple of years on her, but not that much. But girls say like, what are we doing now? After a date, after we're having a good time, You're like the date. Well, I just said, well, you know you.
Speaker 2: Want to come over?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 13: Yeah, okay, but you know, she needed to get coffee first, So we just went to a little gas stations and got some coffee, and oh.
Speaker 3: Gas station coffee.
Speaker 4: For twenty four hours she suffered from hartburd.
Speaker 3: It's not easy to get a coffee, I guess at eleven.
Speaker 4: Thirty if you know the prices. Yeah, yeah, but not all except I mean maybe that's not even a thing, like was it was? She fine with that.
Speaker 13: It's like when Miami in the eighties, you just got to figure out a place to get that's right.
Speaker 4: Some pongami in the eighties.
Speaker 3: Yeah, drugs.
Speaker 2: So we we went back to my place and it was like a great night. We hung out. She stayed the night.
Speaker 4: Did you use air quotes when you say hung out?
Speaker 13: Like so you know this is yeah, this is a good clean fathers.
Speaker 4: They say, Okay, what was it like the next morning?
Speaker 2: Even the morning was fun and we decided we would hang out again that night.
Speaker 5: Oh wow, oh wow, yeah, that's a lot really like you.
Speaker 3: I don't understand. In your email, you said that you screwed up when you met her, like this sounds like the best date you've ever had.
Speaker 13: Well you got well, hang on, you gotta gay mane over yet. So I told her, you know, just meet me back at my place here at six and we can go out.
Speaker 3: Okay.
Speaker 2: I did some stuff during the day, but.
Speaker 13: I was so beat I ended up like just sitting on a couch and boom, I fell asleep at like five thirty.
Speaker 3: Oh no, oh my god.
Speaker 2: Yeah, horrible and I woke up at like nine thirty.
Speaker 13: Oh, it was like a bunch of mixed mistext and.
Speaker 4: Call you stood her up accident.
Speaker 2: And I called her back and said, hey, you know, I fell asleep. I can't believe it. And I haven't heard anything since.
Speaker 3: Oh, so she was just like standing outside of your place, wondering where the hell you were for who knows how long?
Speaker 2: But yes, and I'm wrong, I admit it.
Speaker 13: But now when you if you fumble like that, you gotta at least come clean.
Speaker 2: And oh my god, I'm so sorry, I'm so sleep. Can we go out tonight tomorrow? Make it up to you? But I just got completely you know nothing.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and so how long how long has it been since she responded to your text or your calls?
Speaker 2: I spend like five days?
Speaker 5: Okay, I mean like I would be angry after five days. I'd probably cool off by then, but she may also be feeling like God, he was asleep, like he can he not like keep up?
Speaker 3: Well, we're gonna do some work here. We're gonna try and give you another fastball bell time when we call her. I'm just going off of what he's saying. Take this into overtime and get the two point conversion when we do your second right right after this second date update, you're.
Speaker 1: In the middle of a second date update update, and we're gonna find out how the couple is doing right after you hear part two.
Speaker 3: If you missed it, we've been talking to a super youthful, fresh and hip bursting with energy mail named Lou.
Speaker 4: Is that why we're playing the baby music who.
Speaker 3: Fell asleep at five point thirty right in the middle of People's Court? Didn't you get to see Judge Wapner's verdict before Lou conked out and ended up missing his date with Kelly? And what do we know about Lou so far? We know he's maybe a little older, he says, by a few years.
Speaker 13: Yeah, it's not.
Speaker 9: Sure for Luke.
Speaker 4: He didn't say decades. No, No, My spidy sense is.
Speaker 3: We're jumping into some assumptions here. But yeah, he is dating a younger girl who he says is out of his league. So, like I said, he fell asleep right before she was supposed to come over and they were going to hang out and now hasn't talked to her in almost a week. Oh my gosh, Lou still awake?
Speaker 2: My man, I'm still here.
Speaker 5: All right, lou All right, are you feeling optimistic about this?
Speaker 9: Well?
Speaker 13: I am, because technically you could say I kind of blew.
Speaker 2: The second date because we did hang out the night.
Speaker 4: Before, right right, first date.
Speaker 2: No, listen, in my mind, I won game one. It's a seven game series.
Speaker 4: There you go.
Speaker 3: It's not good when in game two the Yankees fall asleep and don't show up to the.
Speaker 2: Zero. Yeah, but if you throw a tough lefty game three, you're back in it.
Speaker 4: It's a game three, Jeffrey.
Speaker 3: All right, this is going to be our rumble in the jungle.
Speaker 2: Boxing to Google.
Speaker 3: We're going to reach out to Kelly and try and get you another date.
Speaker 2: Here, Okay, okay, that'd be great.
Speaker 3: I'm gonna be your tough lefty today. Got all We're gonna.
Speaker 4: Oh, he's got a screwball. I thought we were looking for a line drive. No fastball, is that what we want?
Speaker 3: I think we should be done with the sports references for the rest of this segment, actually for the rest of the entire show. Okay, let's call Kelly and see what she has to say. Here we go, Hello, Hey, is this Kelly? Yes, says please, Hey, you don't have to sound so skeptical. We're a very kind morning radio show. We're nice people. Most of us. We're called Brook and Jeffrey in the morning.
Speaker 8: Okay, do you ever listen.
Speaker 3: Not really, not to us, or just not to radio in general because it's such an outdated form of technology. We have a podcast. It's really popular.
Speaker 9: Yeah.
Speaker 8: I didn't really listen to radio all.
Speaker 3: That, but yeah, that's all right. Not to keep giving you blast from the past, but we heard about a date that you went on about a week ago with a guy named Lou.
Speaker 4: Oh god, oh god, he said, wait what.
Speaker 12: Yeah, yeah, Okaya, are.
Speaker 4: You mad at him? Because I'd be kind of mad.
Speaker 8: Well, I don't know what he told you about it, but I mean it was not I mean, the date was cool.
Speaker 3: But then like, yeah, we heard a little bit from Lou about how your at least your first date night went, and that sounded really great. Dinner and bowling sushi.
Speaker 4: Oh he is so mad at himself that he screwed everything. Yeah, yeah, I mean, honestly.
Speaker 3: Sounds like that second date is where everything kind of fell off the rails.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 8: Really, he's not really my normal type that I normally go out with. He's definitely a little older, and I thought that would be fun and he was a good time. We had.
Speaker 5: We had fun, okay we I mean like the next night when you were supposed to meet him at his apartment or something, and you're just standing outside.
Speaker 4: Mm hmmm, Oh my god. How long did you wait out there?
Speaker 8: Like about twenty five minutes?
Speaker 2: That is awesome.
Speaker 8: I'm not really really mad. I just think if I've thirty at night, like who also sleep at five point thirty, Well.
Speaker 3: It sounds like you wore him out the previous day.
Speaker 5: Yeah, he was exhausted from the the night before.
Speaker 3: From all the good times late.
Speaker 8: That could be tro that could be true. But you know, I was just thinking, well, maybe going out with an older guy wasn't going to be best for me because I need somebody who can keep up with me.
Speaker 5: Oh no, I mean you got to understand though, like he you know, he was busy all day.
Speaker 4: I don't know, I've fallen asleep even, you know, when I.
Speaker 5: Was younger in my twenties, like i'd be twenty two, and that's from like day drinking.
Speaker 8: Yeah, yeah, yeah, I get that. But I guess, you know, like if you're starting out like with a new relationship and the possibilities. It's just I think that that requires like a little extra effort, and if it's not interesting enough to be able to stay awake, then I don't really have to.
Speaker 3: Well, if you want some extra effort, then I think lou might be your guy, because he went through the effort of reaching out to a radio show to get in touch with you super super early in the morning, which might not be the style of a young person, but it's his style. And he's on the other line right now and wants to talk to you.
Speaker 8: He's not really oh my god.
Speaker 2: Hey, Hey, what's happening, Kelly? How are you? I thought we were having a good time.
Speaker 13: I you know, listen, I just simply dozed off on the couch.
Speaker 2: I had a great night the night before, you know.
Speaker 8: And yeah, I know, like you texted me all that and I appreciate that, like you kind of owning it. That's cool. But I don't know, I'm just kind of rethinking maybe it's not the best fit.
Speaker 2: But you can't.
Speaker 13: You can't go by just a dozen off on you know, you gotta you gotta you know.
Speaker 2: When I heard the song You Are So Beautiful by Joe Cocker. You know that one?
Speaker 3: What I don't know that that's a that's an ancient reference there Alfalfa and the Little Rascal in the original one from the sixties.
Speaker 13: It's a beautiful song and it just basically says that you know, you're so beautiful and you mean everything to me, and I just feel I feel horrible that you had to wait and uh I was listening and listen, it took you two hours to get ready, so you must have been excited to go out again. So just by one little fumble here, I wish you can give me another shot. You know you are so beautiful to be Wait, can't you see me?
Speaker 2: You know, have the thing on me? Oh so beautiful to me.
Speaker 4: I'll tell you there at the clubs.
Speaker 3: Now, yeah, do you have you have any CARDI B in your repertoire or something? Or Kelly doesn't do a leap A a song about like lowering your standards for an older man.
Speaker 4: How did that feel to you that song?
Speaker 3: Did it help or did it hurt?
Speaker 8: I think you remember, like hearing my grandpa singing that.
Speaker 4: Song, You're gonna go with hurt?
Speaker 3: Well, I guess it's worth asking what was your relationship with your grandpa, like your grandpa.
Speaker 5: Okay, Okay, he's trying to be I think romantic and make up for his mistake situation.
Speaker 3: Okay, I'm gonna throw this out there. But some younger girls like older guys because they tend to have more money, or they've.
Speaker 4: Been in a career ability well.
Speaker 3: Yeah, wisdom, wisdom in the bay.
Speaker 4: And they like to do things first class because yeah, things.
Speaker 1: Like bad seats and the airplane hurt their backs, so that's done.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah. And older men tend to like younger women because they can recognize the signs of a stroke jump to action.
Speaker 4: So Kelly, much more strength for CPR two.
Speaker 3: We would like you to be that that lady for lou and we would pay for another date if you would agree to what.
Speaker 13: Did she caretaker?
Speaker 2: I'll tell you what. Why don't we go? We'll go out for karaoke drinks. I even bought a new coffee machine just for you.
Speaker 4: New coffee or it's for you, Lucy. You could stay up later.
Speaker 2: I assure you, I will fall asleep again.
Speaker 3: Okay, that's a good deal all that to consider, and we'll give you a date on us. Kelly, what do you think?
Speaker 8: All right?
Speaker 12: I give it another try.
Speaker 4: Age is nothing but a number.
Speaker 3: Shot some wheat grass for everybody.
Speaker 4: You gotta do is insure milkshakes.
Speaker 9: Freaking Jeffrey in the morning.
Speaker 3: I'll be honest. Even we were skeptical that this would work out.
Speaker 4: But I can't believe they're back on the phone.
Speaker 13: Damn.
Speaker 3: Months later, Low and Kelly are back on to give us an update update. So you guys are still together? Who oh my god.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I mean it sounds like you're both happy.
Speaker 2: I mean, it's been going great.
Speaker 4: All right, Telly. What what are you liking about dating an older man?
Speaker 14: Oh my gosh, you guys, it's just it's so nice to be with somebody who's more mature and not like obsessed with X bar. But it is a little topping out in public. That's probably the biggest issue. Is we go out and then we get like judgmental, weird looks from people. What you know, Like if we don't we don't write down that we're having a date on our dinner reservations, they think he's like that.
Speaker 4: That big of a gap.
Speaker 1: Yeah, oh man, And I bet you get a lot of you get a lot of judging.
Speaker 4: People are like, oh, she's a gold digger.
Speaker 3: That's true, right, right.
Speaker 2: She knows that I don't have that much.
Speaker 3: You know, she's more.
Speaker 1: You just need to walk around with a shirt that says I'm poor Lou and then.
Speaker 2: I have enough money. I have enough money to blow it all on her.
Speaker 6: And I'm like a sweet.
Speaker 4: An.
Speaker 3: It's nice to hear that you too are doing well and you're happy together. Yeah.
Speaker 14: Yeah, it's been so good and we just I like, I just wanted to encourage the listeners. You know, like welcomes in all different forms and ages. So just your person and don't be judges. You see some people who don't look like they pair together.
Speaker 3: Right, Alexis hop onto silver singles right now? Hurry up.
Speaker 4: I have an issue with the money though it's not perfect.
Speaker 3: We'll keep us updated on your relationship, guys. Okay, good luck out there. Rookie Jeffrey in the morning forgets e berries and potato milk. Now, there's a new super food trend that's blowing up on TikTok and it'll only cost you nine hundred dollars for one spoonful.
Speaker 4: Oh my god.
Speaker 3: Plus how can you make an easy four thousand dollars in one day?
Speaker 5: Guy?
Speaker 3: On TikTok shared his secret on how he does it, even though he might get banned from the website just for talking about it's all coming up when we do a brand new TikTok click shot that happens at a ten. Did you guys see the new government PSA on fire safety. No, Apparently, if you ever catch on fire, you're not supposed to stop, drop and roll anymore.
Speaker 4: What are you supposed to do now?
Speaker 3: You're supposed to pop, lock and w TikTok click shot and then fire goes out all by it.
Speaker 4: So I think that is terrible advice.
Speaker 3: Jeffrey, It's TikTok click Shock where we talk about some of the biggest tiktoks from the past week for your safety. Let's get to your first TikTok click shock from a twenty seven year old woman named Sam Hart, and she got two hundred and fifty two thousand likes on one video asking are you from a birthday family or a non birthday family?
Speaker 9: Oh?
Speaker 3: Yeah, she explains she is from a birthday family. And here's what that means.
Speaker 11: My mom would wake me up and it would be like every birthday, my birthday, I'd go to breakfast and they'd be like balloons and presents.
Speaker 3: The entire day was about me.
Speaker 11: Everyone made me feel so special. And then I would come home and we'd go out to dinner wherever I wanted, have huge cake. It was all about me all day long, and it was so fun. But when I got older and I started dating other people, I found that they come from families that were in our birthday family. They had very low expectations for their birthdays, and they weren't used to celebrating birthdays to that extent, and so they therefore did not feel like my birthday was.
Speaker 3: Worth celebrating like that.
Speaker 11: And I was always like, no, excuse me, it's my birthday.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 3: So clearly Sam's had issues with people not celebrating her enough. When she says it's her birthday, it is a.
Speaker 4: Big Really, I'm from a birthday family. It was a big realization, Like my husband not holiday, like no holidays in his family in general. Just don't tell people it's the birthday. Oh my god. Like there was no streamers when I woke up. When we were dating.
Speaker 7: There was no like you know cake, no like wow, here's a special card for you on your special day. Yeah, that's changed don't worry. Yeah, birthdays are exhausting for him now, but he does it.
Speaker 3: I personally don't get it. I guess I'm from a non birthday family. I feel like you're being smothered a little bit with too much love and raising your expectations too high, where now you expect everybody to love you just because you were there.
Speaker 4: It's just one day to have a special day, making it like a weekend thing. Okay, Well, I always got that ranch dip.
Speaker 7: My mom would make that special so I could dip my Doris that I looked forward to.
Speaker 4: Feel like the.
Speaker 3: Kind of oh my god, Michael start making the dip. Our book's going to be angry.
Speaker 4: And gets served in the same bowl every year.
Speaker 5: It was my face.
Speaker 3: Let's go to your next TikTok shot, which is a new food trend that happens with the younger generation right now. On TikTok so move over, avocado toast time is up on that. The hot new snack food for kids aged ten and under is caviar.
Speaker 4: What what did you just say?
Speaker 3: Caviar? Apparently it's especially popular right now with rich kids in New York City, and the hashtag caviar snacks has gotten over nine million views on the platforms. In one video, there's two kids, age five and seven, who are eating Doritos topped with black sturgeon and cram fresh, very fresh on caviar. Is such a good accent, very.
Speaker 5: Similar to my ranch dress, very similar.
Speaker 3: And meanwhile their mom behind them says, well, looks like our after school snack bill just went up.
Speaker 5: I've never even had caviar so.
Speaker 4: Delicious, isn't it like weird? Like it's all like, Eggy.
Speaker 3: Don't you like sushi with like the little fish.
Speaker 4: Like the fish eggs on the sushi.
Speaker 7: Yeah, they're like, I don't know, it's just like eating little eggs.
Speaker 3: Brook wants like a ranch dollar on top of her, But other parents were chiming in about how much of their kids enjoy the delicacy too. Quote, my little Sophie will eat caviar on a billini or we'll just add in onto her favorite meal on top of her pizza, her chicken nuggets, treffles, and caviar is always one of her faves. Car brickles home and it's like, all I can't mushrooms and heart boiled eggs.
Speaker 2: Family.
Speaker 4: I wish my kids would eat mushrooms. Are you kidding me?
Speaker 7: They're like mom wear's the chicken nougs and the grilled cheese.
Speaker 3: Even though parents admit the price can be a little steep, sometimes reaching nine hundred dollars perl canister, the mom's all rave about it because caviar is considered one of the most naturally nutritious foods in the world. It's full of proteins Omega three, fatty acids, and it supports critical brain function in development.
Speaker 7: I was at the grocery store this week and I told my kid's no to a box of granola bars because they were too expensive. It was so much like, I'm like, no, we're not paying six dollars for like eight granola bars.
Speaker 3: Well, that's not good, like superfood, caviar, super healthy. If you're not feeding your toddler's caviar, do you even love them?
Speaker 1: No?
Speaker 3: That was a TikTok click shot, and let's move on to our final TikTok click shot from a guy who goes by the username African Donda Da on TikTok. His video just got over seven hundred thousand views because he shares an easy hack on how he made an extra four thousand dollars in one day.
Speaker 9: Dang.
Speaker 3: His trick is he went to home Goods huh, bought a bunch of cheap Mason jars and they only cost like six to eight dollars per jar. Yeah, literally fills his entire trunk with like two hundred of them, took them home and resold them on Amazon for forty six dollars a pop. And people actually bought them.
Speaker 4: Why I think I've seen this guys. Are they the jars that have like the writing on it?
Speaker 1: Is that what it is like where it says like cookie or flowered you don't love?
Speaker 3: Yeah, things like that. And all African Dondada has to do is box them up and ship them out once people order them, just like that extra four k in bank account.
Speaker 4: I mean, it's a lot of work, but that is worth it.
Speaker 3: A lot of commentaris are saying, I don't understand why anyone would pay quadruple the value for a simple item. This is why I don't shop on Amazon. You can't trust anything.
Speaker 7: You're buying it because it's quick, you know, yeah, you're paying extra four convenience.
Speaker 3: Bottom line, People will buy almost anything if you make it easy on that Absolutely.
Speaker 4: What are we gonna sell. Guys, what are we going to go buy and sell.
Speaker 3: By a live human organ if it's cheap enough and you.
Speaker 7: Don't want to go into business with you.
Speaker 3: Those are your TTOK stories.
Speaker 9: For the day. Frooking Jeffrey in the morning.
Speaker 3: Brook, you should be excited. We've got a navy vet Rob on the phone. He's a first time player to win Brooks Bucks and served fifteen years at sea.
Speaker 6: Wow.
Speaker 3: Now he's serving a different line of duty, a life of marriage with three kids, all daughters.
Speaker 9: Or family?
Speaker 3: Yeah, raising three girls, probably the family. Definitely the fame back on.
Speaker 4: The submarine, the submarine life.
Speaker 3: I wish I was across the world.
Speaker 4: That's so sweet. Thank you for your service.
Speaker 5: Thank you.
Speaker 12: You're welcome, glad to do it.
Speaker 4: Were you on a carryer? Were you on a.
Speaker 8: Sub Destroyers and frigates?
Speaker 4: Cool frigates. I don't know what a frigate is, but it sounds cool.
Speaker 13: Yeah.
Speaker 3: I think we're all at full salute right now. Let's send Brook out of the studio and calm everybody down. It feels awesome, it really does. And let's explain the rules. In the meantime, Rob, you got thirty secon canst answer as many questions as possible. If you don't know when, you could say past, but you do have to beat her outright to win. Are you ready?
Speaker 2: I'm ready?
Speaker 3: Good luck, my man. Your time starts now. Luciano Pavaratti was born on this day in nineteen thirty five. He was a famous Italian What painter or singer painter Avril Levine was married to? Which Nickelback member? What animal can dig a tunnel three hundred feet long in just one night? Moll at a doctor's office? What does the M stand for an MRI medical? What state is home to the largest salt lake in America?
Speaker 8: Utah?
Speaker 3: Blue? Through those questions, well done. Rob Brooks's gonna come back into the studio. And I guess you're a listener to the show. Do you have a favorite segment that we do? Rob the Wife and I love to listen to the second date of the hilarious laugh.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that one in the phone taps.
Speaker 8: The phone taps are hilarious.
Speaker 2: I couldn't imagine being on the receiving side of all.
Speaker 3: Okay, brook it's your turn. Are you ready?
Speaker 4: Yeah, I'm ready.
Speaker 3: Your time starts now. Luciano Pavaratti was born on this day in nineteen thirty five. He was a famous Italian What painter or singer singer Avril Levigne was married to Which Nickelback member Chad Kroger. What animal can dig a tunnel three hundred feet long in just one night? A mole at a doctor's office? What does the M stand for in MRI.
Speaker 4: Medical?
Speaker 3: What state is home to the largest salt lake in America?
Speaker 4: Utah?
Speaker 3: What warm weather state gets the most annual rainfall in America?
Speaker 4: Interesting, California.
Speaker 3: All right, good work, team, We're gonna head on over to the scoreboard to see how you both did with Jose. My muscles are balls and I'm like flex and I'm like, yeah, Rob, you did well. You got two correct to now Okay, Yeah, I have a feelings the same one Brooks Well.
Speaker 7: Brooks, she got one extra question that you didn't get and she got four cream.
Speaker 4: Just another woman in your life, putting you in your place.
Speaker 2: That's right.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Sorry, we're gonna get some answers in. Luciano Pavarotti was born this day, nineteen thirty five. He's a famous Italian singer. Avril Levine was married to Nickelback lead singer Chad Kroger. The animal that can dig a tunnel three hundred feet long in one night is a mole.
Speaker 4: Is my husband's arch nemesis.
Speaker 3: Yeah, at a doctor's office for the MRI. The M stands for magnetic magnetic resonance imaging. That's what that means. The state that has the largest salt lake in the country is Utah, Great salt lake.
Speaker 4: It's literally great, slowly becoming less great. That thing is evaporating quick.
Speaker 3: It's not good.
Speaker 4: It's a little scary.
Speaker 3: It's just the salt flat and the warm weather state that gets the most annual rainfall in America. That's Hawaii.
Speaker 4: Oh, it makes sense, sixty.
Speaker 3: Three inches of rain per year. Louisiana is actually second with sixty Now, Rob, I'm sorry, man. We can't give you any money here, but just for playing, if you want, we'll send you a fifty dollars gift cards to the Nisqually Red Wind Casino, Riverwater Bar and Grill. Treat yourself to the taste of the good life at the River Water Bar and Grill. It's your escape from the ordinary, only at the Nisqually Redwind Casino. Your family can't find you here.
Speaker 1: Perfect, Yeah, you got any advice for other girl dads out there.
Speaker 13: Always listen to everything they have to say, no matter how small it is, because it's important to them.
Speaker 4: Oh, that was amazing advice. That made me teary.
Speaker 3: Rob's getting steamrolled at home. Oh, we appreciate you playing Rob. Thank you for your service. We'll be back to do Windbrooks Block same time tomorrow.
Speaker 9: Freaking Jeffrey in the morning.