Speaker 1: It's the radio segment that's gearing up for Halloween by selling kitchy but spooky home decor signs. His number one seller says, live, Laugh, die, I love it. I want words or die by. I guess get yours with Laser Stories, so funny frogs tickle segment where we read weird news.
Speaker 2: Stories problem just like everyone else does, except we've got a laser and those little plumpkinheads just don't. It's first Laser Stories out of Durango, Colorado.
Speaker 1: A forty one year old woman named Sophie Palagro was at her local mattress outlet the other day, but not sure she was really interested in buying anything, probably because she was extremely drunk. Nobody got it.
Speaker 2: Down.
Speaker 1: Coincidentally, on an employee playing the six foot tall Mattress mascot named Maddie just showed up to work and was waving to drivers right outside the store. That's when Sophie spotted him, stumbled over in his direction, and gave Maddie an aggressive hug.
Speaker 3: Oh she's a happy drug.
Speaker 1: Watching from inside the store, the mattress manager described her as quote drunk out of her mind. He says, Sophie kept trying to shove and trip Maddie to get him on the ground, and eventually she did knock him down. Then, standing over him, she screamed profanities.
Speaker 3: He'sposed to cuddle m Yeah.
Speaker 1: Eventually Maddie did a horseshoe roll, which is some type of old Western move to get up from off the ground. Then he ran inside and held the door close while the manager called nine one one.
Speaker 3: He's nimble for a mattress, must be a twin size.
Speaker 1: Meanwhile, if he kept banging on the door and threw a few signs around, cops caught up with her a block away and arrested her for assault. No word on how long she'll be behind bars, but she did request a face to face with Maddie to apologize. Doubtful that that's gonna happen.
Speaker 3: So what happens when you go to brunch with alexis you every time?
Speaker 1: This next laser story is out of New Hampshire. There's a sixty five year old man named Michael Arnold who was just arrested for stalking a woman. Boo on the stalking, not boo on arresting him away? Did him alone? We did it? Jeff? Okay, just want to make sure you know what side we're on. And the weird part is he wasn't just following her around town. He was flying around instead. And what I mean by that is he would actually fly a small propeller plane over her house and throw tomatoes down onto her roof from above.
Speaker 3: It's so extra you could pray se salad.
Speaker 1: He comes back with some mazzarella basil. Sometimes do these flybys three times a week, and she could definitely hear it. She said he'd fly so close that the doors and windows to her house would rattle.
Speaker 3: It's like the first time a pilot's ever been turned down. So he's confusing.
Speaker 1: The woman says she made repeated complaints, but she couldn't get the authorities to take her seriously.
Speaker 3: Well, it's also like, what are we supposed to do, lady, how do we stop a.
Speaker 1: Plane whenever they want? Giant polls?
Speaker 3: Good idea, Jeff I like it.
Speaker 1: Even when her neighbors corroborated her claims, and when cops finally did listen, she couldn't get the police to work with the FAA.
Speaker 3: Damn Daniel, you would think that they could just pull his license, ground his plane.
Speaker 1: As for Michael, the airplane tomato stalker. He denied that he was the one flying it, but refused to reveal who the pilot really was. He told the local news. I might be able to help, but I don't want to throw anybody under the bus. I mean, if they don't want to get involved, I can't get them involved.
Speaker 3: Okay, so he's also a terrible Yes.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Finally cops caught him after months of doing this, and because Michael already had an order of protection against him. He's now facing an additional eight counts of misdemeanor criminal contempt as well as one felony.
Speaker 3: Good wouldn't it be great if they just allowed her to like walk by his jail selling throw tomatoes at him for.
Speaker 1: Punishment? Yeah? Fits the crime. This next Lazer story is out of Food News. Do you have an emergency pizza in your freezer for when you're too busy or maybe too lazy to cook yourself a real meal?
Speaker 3: I am tired.
Speaker 1: Well, now you don't even have to preheat your oven, because Dominoes is cutting in on that action by offering free emergency pizzas for the next four months.
Speaker 3: Frozen Dominoes, No.
Speaker 1: Not frozen, heated, real I'm gonna it's pizza.
Speaker 3: And that just ordering a pizza, Jeff.
Speaker 1: But it's an emergency free pizza. Oh, the thing is free. It's a marketing stunt to get more people to sign up for their rewards program. This apparently if you order online and spend at least eight dollars, they'll add a credit for one free medium two topping emergency pizza onto your account.
Speaker 3: That's pretty good.
Speaker 1: You have to sign in within a week after you order if you want to claim it.
Speaker 3: So you got to have the double pizza week.
Speaker 1: What you're saying, you're on a time limit and you are thirty days after you register to redeem your emergency pizza.
Speaker 3: So I should stop calling nine to one one now when I need an emergency pizza.
Speaker 1: You probably just dominos a do If you forget, it resets and you can do it again. But each person only gets one.
Speaker 3: Alexis, you should get some more roommates real quick.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you can do it anytime between now and February eleventh, with a few exceptions. They have blackout dates on how Halloween and New Year's Eve. Of course, no emergency pizzas. Yeah, this next laser story is out of Halloween. HQ love it. BuzzFeed just did a big pole on couple's costumes to help people decide if their idea is cute or cringey.
Speaker 3: Like it.
Speaker 1: Over thirty five thousand people voted, and here were the top ones. Number seven Mickey and Minnie.
Speaker 3: Oh oh, that's cute.
Speaker 1: Is very cute. Fifty three percent still think it's a great couple's costume. Forty seven percent say cringe.
Speaker 3: Kind of hard to be hot as a guy is Mickey Mouse.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's the other issue, Mickey Mouse with abs. You don't think someone could pull it off?
Speaker 3: Okay, so a shirtless no, I'm trying to see us.
Speaker 1: Number six Harley Quinn the Joker.
Speaker 3: Too many times I say cringe.
Speaker 1: Forty nine percent say cute, Fifty one percent say cringey.
Speaker 3: Yeah it's just overdone.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Number five Kermit and Miss Pig. Fifty five percent say cringey, but still kind of popular after all these years. Only if the guy is Miss Peggy. Number four couple's costume idea Corilla Deville in a Dalmatian's.
Speaker 3: Sick, Sick and twisted and I love it.
Speaker 1: Sixty three percent say that's cringe. Oh really. Number three Homer and Marge Simpson.
Speaker 3: Oh, this is one of our options for our group costume.
Speaker 1: Sixty seven percent say you cringe. Okay, let's check that off the list. Just in general, they say straight out of the bag costumes.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that sucks.
Speaker 1: That's kind of outdated, and they do not do well in this poll.
Speaker 3: And it's hard to make a homemade march And you know Simpson.
Speaker 1: Heidi Klume. I bet would be able to pull one off.
Speaker 3: Sure, but she worked on it for a year and probably spends over one hundred thousand dollars.
Speaker 1: Number two Fred and Daphne from Scooby Doo.
Speaker 3: These are moving up in cringe level. Oh they are jack you Yeah.
Speaker 1: We went a Scooby Doo a couple of years ago. Seventy four percent think this is still a good one. Oh yeah, they like Scooby. Only twenty six percent say cringe. And finally, Number one costume, Canon Barbie. Seventy eight percent say cute, twenty two percent say cringe.
Speaker 3: Oh I love it all the Barbies.
Speaker 1: We're forgetting the obvious couple's costume, the turtle and the shoe.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, we have had a listener addresses this before. Have I remember someone sharing a.
Speaker 1: Photo of that. Poul says one hundred percent cringe, but also one hundred percent sensual. That's always a good thing on Halloween. That means Laser Stories has come to an end for the day. We'll do it again, same time on Monday
Speaker 3: Brooking Jeffrey in the morning,