Speaker 1: Hey, you found our podcast, But are you following it?
Speaker 2: Oh?
Speaker 3: That's important. Make sure you click that follow button and enjoy.
Speaker 4: I think I see a listener outside right now.
Speaker 1: Hey wait a minute, No, no, not like that follow.
Speaker 2: Well.
Speaker 1: I made a mistake. It's broken Jeffrey in the morning. Actually two mistakes, okay, And you guys know it's not often that I admit when I'm wrong, because it just doesn't happen very much.
Speaker 4: Is this a mistake then too?
Speaker 1: But first of all, I screwed up majorly by trusting Alexis, because last week she corrected me while we were talking about the Golden Bachelor. I said, just trying to introduce him, that his name is Gary, and Alexis jumped in with attitude, saying, oh, no.
Speaker 3: Jeff it's actually Jerry.
Speaker 1: I watched the show, and in the moment, I doubted myself, which I should never do, because I went back and I rewatched the show again and his name is in fact Gary, like I had said, Wow, the female contestants literally say Gary every five seconds because they're trying to remember.
Speaker 4: It Jerry in the ads or something.
Speaker 1: I would not trust Alexis ever. Again. To mistake number two, I foolishly decided to add Brook to my song of the Week Brainstorm.
Speaker 4: Tea because I was everyone's idea.
Speaker 1: I was just hoping that she might have some good ideas every once in a while, bring up some trendy topics that I hadn't thought about, and maybe not be too controlling and try to strong arm me into singing whatever it is that she wants to hear. That again, I was wrong because seems to think she is fully in charge of my song of the week and she gets final say in what I can and cannot sing because you sing about Travis.
Speaker 3: And Taylor Swim.
Speaker 4: I just say you an email with a couple of ideas. I don't understand that.
Speaker 1: I said some ideas out in the other room. She was like, no, no, no, you can't saying about that. That's not true anymore. Taylor Swift has changed that forever. It's true, Okay, I mean.
Speaker 4: You're not exactly up with pop culture.
Speaker 5: Song dictator Kid's song Brook has spoken jealous.
Speaker 6: Brooke.
Speaker 1: I want to thank you for your aggressive contributions to the song squadat the last twelve days have been a total nightmare, and it's my pleasure to inform you you're officially out, You're off the song team, Alexis, you're back in congratulation. So that's how I love messed up.
Speaker 4: I think your next song should be about Gary, is it Jerry?
Speaker 1: Jeff Introl. We're all praying that Brooke gets quadruple shocked as we do the shock dollar Question of the day, Digital all of your anger towards Brook. Please.
Speaker 7: American singer songwriter Taylor Swift, they considered thirteen the lucky number. It is for the rest of us. Taylor can go shove that number somewhere we can't see it, especially today on Friday the thirteenth.
Speaker 8: Okay, yeah, I don't know that we want to upset Swifties this morning, but okay, this is a day that's.
Speaker 7: Been feared for centuries across multiple cultures and continents. And we even have our own show tradition where every year on the thirteenth, Brook randomly fires thirteen orphans from her factories across the globe.
Speaker 3: It's superstition.
Speaker 9: Yeah.
Speaker 7: So that said, let's get into a special horseshoe holder salt over the shoulder shot collar question of the day. Begin with Alexis. Alexis, there's been twelve Friday, the Thirteenth films and The Killer Jason has been in all of them. But did you know he wasn't always wearing his signature hockey mask. He didn't start that till the third film. No, what did he cover his head with before that? Is it a shaving cream.
Speaker 6: Falling off?
Speaker 9: Yeah?
Speaker 4: Drink and she just gets a little hot while but.
Speaker 7: Kind of scary to be a burlap sack or see bandages.
Speaker 3: Creepy.
Speaker 4: Didn't he have the mask to cover up a bunch of scars? Or Am I wrong?
Speaker 1: I think that is part of it.
Speaker 4: You're taking band aids off your face over and over. I think getting the injuries to your face to be more painful.
Speaker 1: The Little tinker Bell band.
Speaker 8: Party Rebels got Mickey Mouse bandages all over a space. Okay, you're saying as much face, so I'm gonna trust you and say band aids.
Speaker 7: I said bandages. She just immediately thought band if you're not like gauze or an ace bandage, But I'll take band aids not one of the answers I gave you. That's not incorrect. It was actually a burlap sack, and the creators thought the hockey mask was scarier.
Speaker 1: Switch for sure.
Speaker 7: Let's go to Jose Jose at the frigatriska decophobia Treatment Center near Philadelphia, PA. That's a treatment center for the fear of Friday the thirteenth. Really, they have a special activity that patients can do on the big day to help get over their anxiety. Do they have a a black cat petting zoo?
Speaker 3: Cute and scary?
Speaker 7: Be a ladder building competition?
Speaker 6: God?
Speaker 7: Or see an indoor open umbrella dance party.
Speaker 10: Oh so this is gonna.
Speaker 4: Help him recover treatment after this treatment.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's exposure therapy.
Speaker 3: Hard to dance with everyone holding umbrella.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I see somebody's eye getting poked out.
Speaker 8: Or I knew a guy who lost what his hearing in one ear because of an umbrella thing going right in I.
Speaker 7: Think I'm going black cat petting zoo, Jose said, black cat petting zoo?
Speaker 5: That is.
Speaker 7: It was the indoor open umbrella dance party. Like Jeffrey said, they say, making fun game out of common fears is a healthy way to get over it.
Speaker 3: Oh, and you're dancings, You're having a good time.
Speaker 7: We're over to Maybe Brook will get luckier on this one.
Speaker 8: All right.
Speaker 7: Years ago, something called the pro thirteen Club was created in order to prove that there was no curse on the number thirteen. In fact, the members of this group would mean on the thirteenth of the month at thirteen past the hour and sit thirteen at a dining table. But what group helped make up this membership to the secret club? Was it a Major League baseball players who are said to be the most superstitious athletes, Oh, magicians or c Former US presidents.
Speaker 8: Okay, so the Major League Baseball I just it just be so hard to keep it going because like on the thirteenth of the month, you could be anywhere in the country just because of your travel.
Speaker 4: Schedule, you know what I mean?
Speaker 3: Catch, there's no way, and.
Speaker 4: Then what's my other magicians? I don't think so I'm gonna go presidents.
Speaker 7: Brooks said, Former US presidents.
Speaker 9: That is.
Speaker 7: Correct. Arthur Lynn, Harrison McKinley, and Teddy Roosevelt all love to spit in the face of Friday the thirteen, but FDR very afraid of the number thirteen. Okay, the difference of Roosevelt's there, So brook is safe. Jeffrey, It's up to you.
Speaker 6: Now.
Speaker 7: Scientists have already figured out that on Friday, April thirteenth, twenty twenty nine, a rare occurrence is scheduled to take place. Is it a a hyper blood moon? Every thirty nine full moons, it happens, and it's the closest the Moon will ever get to Earth. Gos b an asteroid will come the closest to the Earth's surface for the first time in the last five thousand years, or c Avatar three. Finally, it's the actually.
Speaker 1: Hyper blood moon. That just doesn't sound all that interesting to me personally.
Speaker 4: A lot of people think, you know, I don't know that the full moon's super spooky, man.
Speaker 1: But a lot of people don't believe the moon is real. And that's how right that massa has not ended on it because it does not exist. OK, I'm gonna go with the conspiracy theorists who don't believe the moon israel I think it's the asteroid coming close to Earth.
Speaker 7: Also, moon's flat, Jeffrey said, asteroid.
Speaker 9: That is correct.
Speaker 3: The Moon's real.
Speaker 4: It's kind of freaky, man.
Speaker 7: The asteroid's gonna come within twenty thousand miles of our Earth's surface and luckily we only have to wait until Christmas twenty twenty five for Avatar III.
Speaker 3: It's gonna be the best Christmas.
Speaker 1: Yeah, all right, well, Brooke and I are safe. Jose and Alexis are going to be taking a shock. And somebody wanted to hear Friday by Rebecca Black.
Speaker 4: Oh my god, that's been a minute. It's Friday, Friday. Gotta get down on Friday.
Speaker 1: I just made it unlucky, scaring its own right, that's your shock collar question of the day.
Speaker 6: Brook and Jeffrey in the Morning.
Speaker 1: Brook has always insisted, right in front of her husband even that bigger is better.
Speaker 4: Hey, he agrees, it's broken.
Speaker 1: Jeffrey in the Morning, He's like, that's a especially true. At the annual World Championship Pumpkin Wayoffs, Oh my gosh, which happened last week near San Francisco, and this year's winner broke the previous record for largest pumpkin ever grown here.
Speaker 4: The record has broken.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you know what I mean.
Speaker 1: They just keep figuring out new ways to make them bigger and better. And the winner and new world record holder weighed in at two thousand, seven hundred and forty nine pounds.
Speaker 4: Oh my god, do you know which pumpkin pie that is so malicious?
Speaker 1: It's grown in Minnesota, and it was named Michael Jordan. Here's a photo of it, and the guy who grew it named it Michael Jordan because the year is twenty twenty three and Michael Jordan famously wore the number twenty three on its jersey. Plus, the guy was hoping that his pumpkin might become the greatest of all time, just like mj was in basketball.
Speaker 4: I'm sure Michael Jordan is so just honor.
Speaker 1: You get a p for winning, and the payout is nine dollars per pound. Whoa so two thousand, seven hundred forty nine pounds dollars per pound? Carry the one? It is about twenty five billion.
Speaker 4: Dollars or no, no, wait, that's correct.
Speaker 1: Sorry, it's closer to twenty five thousand dollars.
Speaker 4: But that's a lot of money.
Speaker 1: It did cost him fifteen grand just to grow it.
Speaker 4: Walk what is it living in a five thousand square foot mansion.
Speaker 1: And there'd be nothing wrong with that broke called pumpkin shame.
Speaker 3: I bet I have a little pumpkin.
Speaker 4: Show bare we grow it a pumpkin. It's more expensive than a baby.
Speaker 1: You also get thirty grand just for breaking the world's record. Is probably worth it.
Speaker 4: Well, unless you lose, then it's not worth it.
Speaker 1: No losers coming up in our next segment, or wait, all lose, Yes, because it's a brand new Laser Stories. Next, it's the radio segment that's gearing up for Halloween by selling kitchy but spooky home decor signs. His number one seller says, live, laugh, die.
Speaker 6: I love it. I want.
Speaker 1: Word or die by. I guess get yours with Laser Stories, so funny frogs tickle segment where we read weird news stories problem just like everyone else does, except we've got a laser and those little plumpkinheads just don't. Its first Laser Stories out of Durango, Colorado. A forty one year old woman named Sophie Palagro was at her local mattress outlet the other day, but not sure she was really interested in buying anything, probably because she was extremely drunk.
Speaker 11: Nobody got.
Speaker 1: Coincidentally, an employee playing the six foot tall Mattress mascot named Maddie just showed up to work and was waving to drivers right outside the store. That's when Sophie spotted him, stumbled over in his direction, and gave Maddie an aggressive hug.
Speaker 4: She's a happy drug.
Speaker 1: Watching from inside the store. The mattress manager described her as quote drunk out of her mind, and he says Sophie kept trying to shove and trip Maddie to get him on the ground, and eventually she did knock him down. Then standing over him, she screamed profanities.
Speaker 4: He'sposed to cuddle him.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Eventually Maddie did a horseshoe roll, which is some type of old Western move to get up from off the ground. Then he ran inside and held the door close while the manager called nine one one.
Speaker 4: He's nimble for a mattress, must be a twin size.
Speaker 1: Meanwhile, Sophie kept banging on the door and threw a few signs around. Cops caught up with her a block away and arrested her for assault. No word on how long she'll be behind bars, but she did request a face to face with Maddie to apologize. Doubtful that that's gonna happen.
Speaker 4: So what happens when you go to brunch with alexis you every time?
Speaker 1: This next laser story is out of New Hampshire. There's a sixty five year old man named Michael Arnold who was just arrested for stalking a woman. Boo on the stalking, not boo on arresting him away to him alone. We get it, Jeff okay doesn't want to make sure you know what side we're on. And the weird part is he wasn't just following her around town. He was flying around instead. And what I mean by that is he would actually fly a small propeller plane over her house and throw tomatoes down onto her roof from above.
Speaker 4: Extra, make you a caprice salad.
Speaker 3: He comes back with some mazzarella basil.
Speaker 1: Sometimes do these flybys three times a week, and she could definitely hear it. She said he'd fly so close that the doors and windows to her house would rattle.
Speaker 8: It's like the first time a pilot's ever been turned down. So he's confusing.
Speaker 1: The woman says she made repeated complaints, but she couldn't get the authorities to take her seriously.
Speaker 4: Well, it's also like, what are we supposed to do, lady? How do we stop a plane.
Speaker 1: Whenever they want? Giant polls? Good idea, Jeff, I like it, even when her neighbors corroborated her claims, and when cops finally did listen, she couldn't get the police to work with the FAA.
Speaker 4: Damn Daniel, you would think that they could just pull his license, ground his plane.
Speaker 1: As for Michael the airplane tomato stalker, he denied that he was the one flying it, but refused to reveal who the pilot really was. He told the local news. I might be able to help, but I don't want to throw anybody under the bus. I mean, they don't want to get involved. Can't get them involved.
Speaker 4: Okay, so he's also a terrible Yes.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Finally cops caught him after months of doing this, and because Michael already had an order of protection against him. He's now facing an additional eight counts of misdemeanor criminal contempt as well as one felony.
Speaker 8: Good wouldn't it be great if they just allowed her to walk by his jail selling throw tomatoes at him.
Speaker 1: Punishment? Yeah fits the crime. This next Lazer story is out of food News. Do you have an emergency pizza in your freezer for when you're too busy or maybe too lazy to cook yourself a real meal?
Speaker 6: I am tired.
Speaker 1: Well, now you don't even have to preheat your oven, because Dominoes is cutting in on that action by offering free emergency pizzas for the next four.
Speaker 4: Months frozen Dominoes.
Speaker 1: No, not frozen, heated real Domino's pizza.
Speaker 4: That just ordering a pizza, Jeff.
Speaker 1: But it's an emergency free pizzas.
Speaker 4: A thing is free.
Speaker 1: It's a marketing stunt to get more people to sign up for their rewards program. This apparently if you order online and spend at least eight dollars, they'll add a credit for one free medium two topping emergency pizza onto your account.
Speaker 4: That's pretty good.
Speaker 1: You have to sign in within a week after you order if you want to claim it.
Speaker 4: So you got to have the double pizza week. What you're saying, you're on.
Speaker 1: A time limit and you are thirty days after you register to redeem your emergency pizza.
Speaker 8: So I should stop calling nine to one one now when I need an emergency pizza.
Speaker 1: We'll probably just dominos a do if you forget, it resets and you can do it again. But each person only gets one.
Speaker 4: Alexis, you should get some more roommates real quick.
Speaker 6: Yeah.
Speaker 1: You can do it anytime between now and February eleventh, with a few exceptions. They have blackout dates on Halloween and New Year's Eve. Of course, no emergency pizzasy. This next laser story is out of Halloween. HQ love it. BuzzFeed just did a big pole on couple's costumes to help people decide if their idea is cute or cringey. I like it over. Thirty five thousand people voted, and here were the top ones. Number seven Mickey and Minnie.
Speaker 4: Oh oh, that's cute, very cute.
Speaker 1: Fifty three percent still think it's a great couple's costume. Forty seven percent say cringe.
Speaker 4: Kind of hard to be hot as a guy is Mickey Mouse. Yeah, that's the other issue.
Speaker 1: Mickey Mouse with abs, You don't think someone could pull it off?
Speaker 4: Okay, so like a shirtless No, I'm trying to.
Speaker 1: See Number six Harley Quinn the Joker.
Speaker 4: Too many times I say cringe.
Speaker 1: Forty nine percent say cute, fifty one percent say cringey.
Speaker 4: Yeah it's just overdone.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Number five Kermit and Miss Piggy. Fifty five percent say cringey, but still kind of popular all these years.
Speaker 3: Only if the guy is Miss Peggy.
Speaker 1: Number four couple's costume idea Corilla Deville in a Dumbation's.
Speaker 4: Sick it's sick and twisted and I love it.
Speaker 1: Sixty three percent say that's cringe. Oh really. Number three Homer and Marge Simpson.
Speaker 4: Oh, this is one of our options for our group costume.
Speaker 1: Sixty seven percent say you cringe.
Speaker 4: Okay, let's check that off the list.
Speaker 1: Just in general, they say straight out of the bag costumes.
Speaker 4: Yeah, this sucks.
Speaker 1: That's kind of outdated, and they do not do well in this poll.
Speaker 4: And it's hard to make a homemade march And you know Simpson.
Speaker 1: Heidi Klume. I bet would be able to pull one off.
Speaker 8: Sure, but she works on it for a year and probably spends over one hundred thousand dollars.
Speaker 1: Number two Fred and Daphne from Scooby Doo.
Speaker 4: These are moving up in cringe level. Oh they are jah.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, we went a Scooby Doo a couple of years ago. Seventy four percent think this is still a good one. They like Scooby only twenty six percent say cringe. And finally, Number one costume, Canon Barbie. Seventy eight percent say cute, twenty two percent say cringe.
Speaker 4: Oh I love it. All the Barbies.
Speaker 1: We're forgetting the obvious couple's costume. The turtle in the shoe.
Speaker 4: Oh yeah, we have had a listener addressed with this before. I remember someone sharing a photo of that.
Speaker 1: Poul says, one hundred percent cringe, but also one hundred percent sensual. That's always a good thing. On Halloween, that means Laser Stories has come to an end for the day. We'll do it again, same time.
Speaker 6: On Monday, brooking Jeffrey in the morning.
Speaker 1: Today is the unluckiest day of the year, Friday the thirteenth, And in honor of the freakiest date on the calendar, We're gonna play the freakiest game on the show called riffing' around. Oh really, second, if you haven't heard it before, it will challenge your mind and put all of our intelligence into question.
Speaker 8: If you weren't questioning it already, listen to the rest of the show, Jeffery.
Speaker 1: Who's gonna get lucky? When we play coming up riffing Around? I'm inviting everyone to stick your ear inside and take a big riff for riffing around. I don't make sense where I play a musical riff from a very famous song you've absolutely heard before, and all you have to do is correctly identify the title of that song sounds so.
Speaker 4: Condescending when you say it that way.
Speaker 1: Today's category is in celebration of Friday the thirteenth. It's widely considered to be very unlucky day. So all the songs that you're gonna hear have something to do with either luck or famous superstitions Friday the thirteenth. Just keep that stuff in mind when you're thinking of the titles. So let's not waste any more time. Alexis named this famous song the correct title of it.
Speaker 4: Were probably gonna steal Superstitious Superstition SUPERSTII.
Speaker 1: Jose, can you steal it?
Speaker 3: We're going to Jose Superstition.
Speaker 1: Superstition by Stevie Wonder.
Speaker 3: You should have given that to her.
Speaker 1: I feel bad. You have to correctly identify the title of the song. So Jose, you got the steal. You're up again, Jose, name the title of this superstitious song, Oh Lucky, Brook, can you steal it? Get Lucky Lucky by Daft Punk. I know I'm being like a stickler here, but the title has to be correct, and I get it.
Speaker 11: I get it.
Speaker 1: Brook, your turn. It's seven years of bad luck if you don't get this one right. So Brook you got to put yourself at a concert. Maybe back in the nineties. You got your black lace gloves on. You're in the crappy seats because that's all you could afford at the time. Black Cat Woman, Cat Cat Cat, I already gave you a black cat. That's black Cat by Janet Jackson. None Brooks going to the lead with Jose has won Alexis house letter. Moving on to around two of Riffing Around Friday, the thirteenth edition, where all the songs have something to do with superstitions or bad luck. So Alexis, can you name this?
Speaker 4: Oh my god, I know it, Don'tumbrella?
Speaker 1: That's right, Umbrella by Rihanna opening umbrella inside is considered bad luck. Now, Jose, we're back to you name the title for this hit song.
Speaker 11: I feel like I feel like.
Speaker 1: That was the giveaway right there. You've heard it.
Speaker 3: I don't know it by now, I won't know it probably not.
Speaker 1: You've heard it a million times though, and I need a guess.
Speaker 3: Follow me on Instagram.
Speaker 1: I'll say, can you steal it is song? It's not Ariana Grande. I'll tell you that we're getting it is. I'll let you know it's a modern artist.
Speaker 6: Yeah, I know.
Speaker 1: It's the songs something to do with Friday to thirteenth or superstition.
Speaker 4: Don't Walk under a Ladder?
Speaker 6: Is it the Hill.
Speaker 4: By the Weekend, By the Weekend?
Speaker 1: The Hills in the Bridge? The Weekend sayings hills have Eyes, which is a reference to Wes Craven's movie The Hills Have Eyes. We have two for Alexis, two for Brooks, one for Jose. You're up again? Can you name this song? Know Itror by Michael Jackson hers Don't Break Them for the We're on to the final round of superstitious songs. Alexis, think back and name this famous bad luck tune. You want to take yourself all the way back to last year. Maybe you're on a playdate with a buddy Bridge London Bride is going down. This is a bad luck game because every.
Speaker 4: Time I say I know it then like an easy one.
Speaker 1: Nothing more unlucky though, than a bridge collapsing in a major metropolitan area, Isn't that right? Brook?
Speaker 4: I hate you for that.
Speaker 1: Some bad bad luck there? All right, Jose, you're up again. This is your chance to jump into the league. Name this song?
Speaker 11: Oh my god, I know it?
Speaker 1: What is the title I always feel like somebody's watching me.
Speaker 4: What do you think somebody's watching.
Speaker 6: You know?
Speaker 4: I don't know if it's somebody's actually uh or is it called the creaks at night or something? Instead, somebody's watching me.
Speaker 11: Somebody's watching me.
Speaker 1: Somebody's watching me by Rockwell watching Alexis and brook are tied with three apiece brook This is your final chance to win with ripping around Friday the thirteenth condition can you name it?
Speaker 3: I know it easily instantly, Ose, j.
Speaker 1: You know what do you think the title of this is.
Speaker 4: It's it's Psycho.
Speaker 1: Alexis. Can you scream, Jose Psycho?
Speaker 3: I think jobs. I'm sorry.
Speaker 1: It's Friday the thirteenth from the movie Friday the thirteenth, which means we have a two way tie in first Alexis and Brooks, and the tie breaker is going to come down to this, how many fingers am I holding up.
Speaker 3: Behind the bag and you can't sevens four? The correct answer is thirteen.
Speaker 5: So.
Speaker 1: Maybe come up and aren't even fingers?
Speaker 3: The winds are looking around.
Speaker 1: Friday the thirteen edition is poh fuck, you get thirty large bags of Morton salt to throw over your shoulders block I'm gonna congratulations. That's ripping around Friday, the thirteenth edition. I'm jeff Man in the rear Dubo. Your phone have's coming.
Speaker 6: Up, freaking Jeffrey in the morning.
Speaker 1: When applying for a job, there's certain perks that most people are looking for, like flexible work hours, free snacks in the break room. Oh my god, a designated office hook up space where anything goes.
Speaker 4: Yes, I can bring some people in.
Speaker 1: Okay, arts is over at Brooks. But today Jose calls a manager who's been trying to fill an open spot at his company for weeks. And the perks Jose is looking for are probably not going to show up on any company job listing anywhere. Well, you ask, you'll find out what they are in your phone tap right now.
Speaker 12: As on the twenties, Hello, Hi, my name is Grant.
Speaker 10: I'm supposed to call you at this time.
Speaker 9: Oh you're right, Grant. Yeah, I've been expecting your call. You're looking for the administrative assistant job, right, I am.
Speaker 10: Thank you.
Speaker 9: That's awesome. Yeah, I spoke with Kyle and he recommended you. He spoke very highly of.
Speaker 10: You, and well, yeah I'm his dealer. So did you say dealer, like when we play poker on Fridays. I liked I like to deal the cards, so I'm the dealer.
Speaker 9: Oh oh, I see, yeah, I kind of thought you meant something different.
Speaker 12: Okay, before we start the interview, is it okay if maybe I ask you a few questions about the.
Speaker 9: Job first, sure, go ahead, fire away.
Speaker 10: Okay.
Speaker 12: It's just because I've had a lot of jobs in the past and I was wondering if this is one where you have to bring your own toilet paper.
Speaker 9: No, actually, we provide toilet paper in our in our bathroom.
Speaker 3: Yes, yes, my gosh, that's awesome.
Speaker 1: Okay, okay, okay, that's great.
Speaker 9: I never thought of this as before. But I'm glad you're excited about this toilet paper.
Speaker 1: That is huge. Now, that's huge. There.
Speaker 12: There there were days I forgot and then I don't really even want to tell you what happened after.
Speaker 10: I'm glad they just had like magazines in the lobby because we.
Speaker 9: Don't really need to go into that. I can my imagination could go there.
Speaker 10: But right about that.
Speaker 12: Yeah, the next question, and I hope I'm not asking stuff that I shouldn't be, but does your company do any random drug testing.
Speaker 1: Uh.
Speaker 9: Well, no, we don't really do that. But why are you act?
Speaker 4: Yes?
Speaker 12: Oh good, okay, whoa, that's what I'm talking about.
Speaker 10: That's the good stuff.
Speaker 9: Well, let me just say this. I didn't really love your reaction to that. So is there something you want to tell me about yourself? Grant?
Speaker 10: Uh No, drugs are bad.
Speaker 9: Wait a minute, you said drugs are bad with a question mark?
Speaker 12: Let me can I try? I'm gonna try again. Drugs are drugs are bad?
Speaker 9: Well, you're kind of half That was be half a question?
Speaker 10: Okay, next question. Do they have like those metal detectors or cameras or security?
Speaker 11: Grant?
Speaker 9: Why are you asking about that?
Speaker 6: No?
Speaker 10: No, I just want to make sure the building safe and secure.
Speaker 11: Yeah no, no, we don't.
Speaker 9: We don't have any of that kind of stuff here. Yes, in the building, yes.
Speaker 12: Okay, all the boxes are being it's gonna be perfect.
Speaker 10: Hey yeah yeah, yes, Yes, sir, you.
Speaker 9: Are talking about a lot of stuff that kind of makes me really nervous and things that aren't perfect with our company.
Speaker 10: No, you shouldn't. You shouldn't be nervous.
Speaker 12: I'm I'm the nervous one because I just want to make sure this is a good fit because, Uh, but by the way, you don't have any drug sniffing dogs by chance, right.
Speaker 9: There's no no, Why are you saying drug sniffing dogs. It's just we're not at the airport. Why would we have drug sniffing dog.
Speaker 12: In the last place where I would bring my own toilet paper, I had a lot of those dogs and the handlers would show up randomly.
Speaker 9: So I don't know where the you worked last time, but that is not a good place.
Speaker 1: It was the d M D.
Speaker 9: And you've already you you already asked me about the drug testing. Now you're talking about drug testing dogs.
Speaker 12: I just want to make sure we're checking off all the boxes and the t's and the eyes.
Speaker 9: Well, you know what, Grant, I have to go with my gut feeling on this, and I'm just thinking that this is probably not going to work out for us.
Speaker 12: Oh that's too bad. I just have one more question at your place of business. Did you do you guys allow prank phone calls from radio stations?
Speaker 9: What kind of question is that?
Speaker 12: Well, because your employee, Kyle, he set you up for a prank phone call. And I'm with the morning show Brooke and Jeffrey in the morning.
Speaker 10: And my name's Jose And you're not kidding, are you?
Speaker 1: Yes, yes, yes, I did it. I pulled it off.
Speaker 3: Oh my gosh, I prank you, you stupid son of them.
Speaker 1: Oh my god, sell five.
Speaker 9: Oh my god, that's hilarious.
Speaker 3: Yeah, man, No, my name is actually Jose.
Speaker 13: Kyle said that you've been struggling to find a good candidate to fill your open position at your company. Yeah, so he wanted us a message you and pose as a fake candidate.
Speaker 9: I'm glad to know that because I was kind of wondering what's going on the question about drug.
Speaker 11: Sitting dogs and guys has to bring his own spilet.
Speaker 9: Paper for the work.
Speaker 1: Well, hey, that guy needs a job bad.
Speaker 9: It's not working for me.
Speaker 12: Okay, Well, if you ever need a dealer for poker, for poker only, call me right right right, Brook and Jeffrey in the Morning.
Speaker 6: The week up every morning was food Tabs weekday mornings on the twenties, Brook and Jeffrey in the Morning.
Speaker 1: I've heard that good things tend to come in threes.
Speaker 3: I've heard that three is my favorite number.
Speaker 1: Yeah, like the Three Wise Men, Yes, three Musketeers, bar delicious, very good, three times a lady, Hey, Jeffrey, Well, for Brooks, she's not saying anything because for her it's three hundred thousand and thirty three times a lady, I say, who's counting someone is?
Speaker 8: Yeah?
Speaker 1: But what if you end up being the third wheel on a date? Fine, you know it's not But that's exactly how one of our listeners felt when he spent a good portion of the evening watching his date dance with another manikeh. He admits he wished he had handled it differently that night, but now is his chance to get some redemption. We're gonna do it in around three minutes after this song with your second date update, second day again, next second date, up date. Should you actually listen to what people write for hobbies on their dating profiles? Good question, because they all say they love hiking, And next thing you know, you're out on a mountain trail, face to face with a grizzly and you realize you forgot your bear mace next to your six pack of pineapple truly, and in your head you're thinking, well, maybe they're not really into hiking.
Speaker 4: Did you really forget the truly?
Speaker 1: Both of them? What was I think?
Speaker 3: If you're not drunk?
Speaker 1: Yeah, and one of our listeners, Corey, picked an activity for his date based on her dating profile. No matter what you ended up doing, I hope that you didn't forget to bring the bear mace.
Speaker 11: You know I did not. I should have trust me back, well, not for her, but the bears.
Speaker 1: Okay, there there was some sort of danger apparently on your day someone you could have mased.
Speaker 9: First.
Speaker 1: Before we get to that, tell us about the girl. What's her name?
Speaker 11: Oh, Adrian?
Speaker 4: Okay?
Speaker 8: And Jeff had mentioned that you designed the date around one of her hobbies or interests on her profile?
Speaker 4: What did her profile say?
Speaker 11: Hold on for a see, let me let me, let me pull it up here. I didn't know you guys were going to ask me that. It says good cologne and holding hands on my crypt tonight. And then like she goes, I'll kick your butt on the dance.
Speaker 4: Fo Okay, Okay, that's aggressive.
Speaker 1: And does I mean she danced better than you were? Literally fight you?
Speaker 8: Yeah?
Speaker 4: Him, I think it sounds fun.
Speaker 11: So like I found a country bar that has dancing, not my specialty, but I'm like, I want to impress that's.
Speaker 3: Awesome to show interest in her hobbies.
Speaker 11: Yeah, yeah, So like we get there, I got some drinks. I sit at the table with my beer, and before I could even get one word in, some older dude comes and say, hey, will you dance with me?
Speaker 4: Oh that's quick yep.
Speaker 8: So is it a stating situation, you line dancing or they're just out there dancing?
Speaker 11: They have both, so they'll start out with line dancing, then they'll go to swing. So at this time it was swing.
Speaker 3: And rotate partners and stuff, right.
Speaker 11: Yeah, exactly, And I'm like, really, dude, I'm trying to start a date here. So she looks at me and she goes, oh, well you snooze, you lose.
Speaker 3: I'm like, dang, that hurts.
Speaker 4: Was that fight? Did you take it as rude like.
Speaker 9: It could be?
Speaker 11: It was like playful, But the point is why you even said And then she has a dancing to get up and leave.
Speaker 1: See that's when you need the bear mace. Anytime a guy comes over, just holds him down.
Speaker 3: The whole bar has to evacuate.
Speaker 1: You're the hero.
Speaker 2: So did you ever?
Speaker 4: I mean your next move you had to go cut in like that's what you do, right.
Speaker 11: I'm glad you said that, So I go by myself. I'm dancing.
Speaker 1: Every time I go to cut in where you're dancing by yourself.
Speaker 11: I'm dancing by myself. Yeah, I'm getting ready to cut in. But guess what I turned my head. I go back. They're like four or five people away from you. I can't cut in.
Speaker 4: It over there.
Speaker 1: You feel like dancing away from you, like trying to avoid you.
Speaker 11: I don't know if it was her him, I don't know if it was both of them, I don't know, But to me, I think it was obvious that I was trying to cut in like two three different occasions. So eventually the music just stopped. But I'm like, are you serious right now? Oh?
Speaker 6: Man?
Speaker 8: So wait, so the music stopped and then you guys met back up or she's still hanging out with the deer.
Speaker 11: Yeah, so we met back up. I didn't want to appear desperate, so I was like, no, I'm cool, you know, let's just take a break.
Speaker 3: So okay, okay, I don't know. You didn't get to dance at all.
Speaker 11: No, I mean we dance a little bit, but you know, it was the tail end because I had like a long day tomorrow like the next day. I should say, oh, so you even called it early. Yeah, but the date went well. It was cool. We had good dialog, so it was all right.
Speaker 1: Well, I think the question is who was the better dancer, you or the older guy who got your date first?
Speaker 9: Sure?
Speaker 4: The older guy?
Speaker 1: Really?
Speaker 8: Yeah, it seems like a regular Yeah at those bars, like these people come and they'll come every week and they dance with everybody and it's not a date thing.
Speaker 4: It's like just dancing.
Speaker 1: Who's cologne was better?
Speaker 3: In the cologne the older guy probly smells musty.
Speaker 1: Yeah, he's got the expensive stuff.
Speaker 4: I don't know.
Speaker 11: Mine was pretty good though.
Speaker 8: I don't know you got close enough to the guy, you know, the r maybe she wouldn't either. Did you enjoy the night with.
Speaker 6: Her at all?
Speaker 11: Honestly?
Speaker 4: Yeah, it was.
Speaker 11: It was a good evening. I mean, it could have been a great evening, but being it, I didn't have my bear mace, and you know, and that it wasn't the best.
Speaker 9: So you know, it was okay, But your whole night wasn't ruined.
Speaker 11: Nah, it wasn't ruined.
Speaker 3: Ruined.
Speaker 11: I should say. We we hugged at the end, you know, a little little kiss on the cheek, nothing real serious, okay, But I mean heck, it could have been a whole heck of a lot better.
Speaker 13: Yeah, because you know, chemistry on the dance floor that is that's a different type of chemistry.
Speaker 3: It's awesome if you can really click.
Speaker 11: And that's my whole point. Exactly.
Speaker 1: Have you been trying to contact her since then, like with text or calls or anything.
Speaker 11: Yeah. I reached out with one call and a couple of texts. It's been like a about a week. I'm going on a week and a half now. But she's been doing the emoji stuff. You know, if I say something, she'll like, oh I like it, But nothing like further than the dialogue. So we could talk and see we can hang out.
Speaker 4: Interesting, Okay, it's just a pity reaction.
Speaker 3: You were ignoring her, but she was having too much fun.
Speaker 6: I don't know.
Speaker 1: We're gonna find out. We're gonna give you a chance to go put on some more Minions cologne by Justin Bieber, and then when you come back, we're gonna call Adrian. It should be we're gonna do here. Second date update right after this update, Corey's dance night with Adrian had everything a first date should cold beer and warm hugs, good dancing. The problem is not all that happened with Corey because some other older guy at the bar, possibly a regular there, asked to dance with his date, and Corey obliged, which was probably the worst mistake of his entire dating life.
Speaker 4: It didn't sound like he actually had a decision in it, nor should he have a choice.
Speaker 1: It sounds like she just men shouldn't be allowed to choose anything good, point Broke.
Speaker 4: I mean they shouldn't be choose what women decide to do.
Speaker 3: Sure, yeah, that's true, Cory.
Speaker 1: How are you feeling right now after that intro? You want to hit me?
Speaker 11: I mean that's pretty much it. And I didn't have a face that It was like she said, I snooze, I'll lose. I tell you what, though, if it was in any other circumstances, I knew it would have been different.
Speaker 3: Okay, it would have been a different outcome.
Speaker 4: Are you wishing that you didn't go dancing? Is that what you're saying?
Speaker 11: Yeah? I probably would have chose something different looking back now, Yeah.
Speaker 1: What what hobby would you have chosen off of your dating profile to do?
Speaker 11: Totally would have went indoor putt putt golfing.
Speaker 1: Oh, Okay, different too.
Speaker 8: Okay, can you Kimmy, can't have a man swoop in on your date during Putt putt?
Speaker 1: You Maybe a little boy would come swoop it, but that's when you bust out the bear mas. I'm not dumb with whole seventeen yet.
Speaker 8: Kid.
Speaker 3: Hey, we're doing the clown right now.
Speaker 4: Very aggressive to this Jeffrey.
Speaker 1: So maybe we'll offer that for your next day if we can get Adrian on the phone. Here, I'm gonna dial her number and see what she has to say. Ready to do this?
Speaker 11: Yeah, let's do it, all right, let's go right.
Speaker 2: Hello?
Speaker 1: Hey is this Adrian?
Speaker 6: This is she?
Speaker 2: Who's this?
Speaker 1: Hey, Adrian? My name is jeff from a morning radio show called Brooke and Jeffrey in the Morning. I'm sorry, I'm sorry to Yeah.
Speaker 2: I'm really I'm just kind of confused. If you're on the radio, why are you calling me?
Speaker 1: Well, one of our listeners asked us to call you because you went on a date with him the other night. His name's Corey.
Speaker 2: Wait, Corey asked you to call me because he went on a date his behalf because he liked you.
Speaker 1: He's bummed because he's been trying to text you and you haven't really been responding back to him much.
Speaker 2: Iris wanted to him a little bit.
Speaker 4: Yeah, but it sounded like a courtesy response, which is fine.
Speaker 3: You guys weren't like talking back and forth and having fun.
Speaker 1: I mean, what'd you think of Corey?
Speaker 2: I mean, I'm not going to get into it, but I just I mean, I don't think I'm really interested, Like, I don't think it's gonna work out.
Speaker 3: Well.
Speaker 8: When you guys first met up, was it like initially you knew that or did it take a minute for you to say no.
Speaker 2: I don't just don't think it's a good fit. But I mean why, Well, so, like I feel like when we met on a dating app, and I feel like I make my dating app very clear that like I'm looking for a real man and I don't really think they exist anymore.
Speaker 4: What does that mean? What's your definition of a real man?
Speaker 2: I'm looking for somebody to like, we're at the covone and have his stuff together and we'll stand up for his woman like a real man.
Speaker 4: You want someone to fight for you.
Speaker 2: Well, I mean, like, did we stand up? You know, don't let anybody say anything to the person that you're with, Like you got to stand up for your woman.
Speaker 1: You're saying, didn't do that.
Speaker 9: I did.
Speaker 8: Someone insult you that night and he didn't, Like, I don't get it, I'd be bad.
Speaker 2: All right. Well, I'm just gonna be honest, and we're putting this all out there. So I do this thing sometimes on dates and I have my uncle show up and he'll like come and ask to talk to me or something like that.
Speaker 1: It was he the older guy that we heard about and we heard we heard a guy came up to the table and asked you to dance?
Speaker 4: So much less sexy is that?
Speaker 11: Yeah?
Speaker 2: That was actually my uncle doing it right.
Speaker 4: At the country bar.
Speaker 1: Brooks all too familiar with that movie. Yeah, okay, what is.
Speaker 4: He supposed to do? Like a guy comes up and asks you to dance?
Speaker 8: You say yes, you wanted Corey to step in and be like the mob woman bro, Like I don't get it, like a real man, right, Adrian out.
Speaker 2: I want someone that can like defend me and speak up and like not be afraid of commentation.
Speaker 8: Like what did you need defending from? Though it sounds like the guy just want your uncle wanted to dance.
Speaker 3: You told him something right, like he snooze you lose or something.
Speaker 4: What's the defense.
Speaker 2: Well, I waited a second to see what he was going to do, and he didn't do anything. He just like looked at me, and so I was like, okay, well and then I like joke and he said, well, use I wouldn't dance with him because he literally didn't do anything. He didn't say anything, He just like looked at me.
Speaker 4: So you like, you should have gone to a club with this test, not like a country bar.
Speaker 1: He didn't do nothing. He went and danced by himself in your facility. That's something.
Speaker 2: Oh man, Look, if you were there then I think you would get it. Like he had the opportunity to step up and say, I'm here with her, Jesus me, we're together like anything.
Speaker 4: Okay, Okay, it's not something you could have said. You couldn't have said him on a tape, Adrian.
Speaker 1: I get you didn't think he was very manly then, But how's this for a man movie? Because he Corey reached out to a radio show to call you on his behalf and ask for him why you're not going out on another Ye, mister masculine is on the other line, wants to talk to you.
Speaker 11: Really, I mean, I had no idea if that man. Now that I know what's your uncle, knew that Willie Nelson, Rascal Flats and Brooks and Duns in the in the back. I've never been there before. I don't know what's going on. Boot Scoop Buggy. I was nervous. That's so wrong. Shipery's not dead with me, But come on, I'm respecting your boundary. I just met you. I'm not going to be a jerk and be like, Hey, that's my cave man style. Yeah, it's not you.
Speaker 2: I'm not asking to be a cave in. I'm just looking for somebody that can step up and say to somebody, no, she's with me, Like, I don't need.
Speaker 1: To like it sounds enough, Corey, you gotta be more assertive when Hey, I tell you.
Speaker 11: What under different circumstances. I have no problem with that. I was just totally respecting you from top to bottom.
Speaker 9: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah, she doesn't want that. She doesn't want respect.
Speaker 4: Of like unhealthy jealousy.
Speaker 11: It sounds like to me, let me tell you, this is miscommunication, That's all it is. I was not going to be a creeper, come to your job, come to your house. I got too much respect for you. I think under different circumstances, you and I can jail. I'm willing to put forth that effort.
Speaker 13: You have two completely different opinions on this. She wants you to step in, but if you were to date with a girl like Brook, Brook would think that's obnoxious, Like, dude, let me make my own decision.
Speaker 4: I think i'd step in.
Speaker 8: I think what happened, Adrian is if you want someone to not let you, like if you don't want to dance with other men, you needed to have told Corey as you're walking into the place, like, Hey, if someone approaches me, will you just tell him that we're on a date, Like why why couldn't you communicate that to him?
Speaker 2: Show me who he is, Like, I'm not trying to change him, And honestly, Corey, if you want me to think differently, if you want me to think, okay, it was just a cercusance, like you're gonna step up somewhere else and you need to prove it right now. You need to show me like how much of the man you are, because that's what I want. I want to know.
Speaker 1: Oh, okay, Corey, this is your chance. Are we gonna what are we gonna do throw your man card down right now.
Speaker 11: One on the radio. We'll talk about this between you and I.
Speaker 1: I'm good he's gonna find you because he already looked up your home address and your work address, but respected you enough not to go there. Now he's actually gonna show up.
Speaker 4: What so we don't get to hear it? Is that what she wants?
Speaker 6: Is that what you want?
Speaker 2: I just asked him to like prove to me just now, and he's like, oh, yeah, another time, another place. Like I just feel like he's all top.
Speaker 4: What do you want him to do?
Speaker 1: You want him to do it right now? Corey? You got to prove yourself.
Speaker 10: Now?
Speaker 1: What's something?
Speaker 11: Do you want me to sing you a song? You want me to rap?
Speaker 6: What you want?
Speaker 1: You got?
Speaker 11: Her name was a Oh she left me on the dance floor at me.
Speaker 1: And it sounds like kind of a whiny song. Come on, look, Adrian, he's trying, he is trying as hard as he can here to get another day with you. Why don't you just give him one more shot and we would pay for it.
Speaker 2: I don't know, I just really I think what Corey? I think that you're a really nice guy.
Speaker 1: You don't want to see him masa kid at a golf He would do that for you. He said that.
Speaker 9: Oh man, I think I'm just gonna have to pass on.
Speaker 4: Tell her what she wants masculinity in this room. Okay, she brings her uncle on dates. I don't think you really want another date, Corey.
Speaker 11: Yeah, I mean not now, I mean too bad. She had to pass because Cory was trying to tap that she was trying to be the man that she wanted.
Speaker 1: Looking Jeffrey in the morning, we kind of got locked up in the minutia of manliness as one does.
Speaker 4: As she is, well, yeah, so locked up in it.
Speaker 9: We were so.
Speaker 1: Focused on that that we didn't really get to the point that Alexis brought up, which was a good point, that she has her uncle go out on dates with her to test out how manly her guys are. Yeah, odd, and he.
Speaker 4: Still wanted to go out with her. I know, I didn't concerned it all. Did you dance with her uncle all night?
Speaker 3: She was probably very hot.
Speaker 1: Well, and as soon as somebody questions your manliness, that's all that matters. You have to prove that you may.
Speaker 4: Yeah, well, when your uncle is the manliest man, you know, it.
Speaker 1: Might be a good strategy Alexis. In the same spirit, would you be willing to have Jose tag along on your next romantic encounter just to prove how manly he really is?
Speaker 9: I will show up with a lot.
Speaker 1: More than yes, out manly Jose. Can they do it?
Speaker 4: I don't think I think I can do it.
Speaker 1: I'm just saying we'll keep you updated on Alexis's dating life. But text into seven eighty five nine too. If you ever have a person you want us to call, we'll call that person who wasn't calling you back.
Speaker 6: Frooking Jeffrey in the Morning.
Speaker 1: For those that don't know, there's actually also a Radio Academy awards a radio version of it, and for nine straight years, I've lost the parody song category to another host off of the Country show named Plunger. Everybody in studio knows him from Plunger and Bob in the Morning.
Speaker 4: I mean, just a star. I'm like, you can't deny it.
Speaker 6: It's true.
Speaker 1: Plunger makes his own beats and bathtub moonshine in their studio down in Alabama.
Speaker 3: Yeah, in their studio.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so big hats off to you, Plunge the goat and I just hope that my next song can come somewhere close to the grace and rhythm of the great Plunger and his sick beats.
Speaker 4: What did you say, Jeff, I'm listening to Plungers podcast in my other ear.
Speaker 1: When you're done listening to Greatness, try and tune in for my song of the week that's coming up at eight ten. It's time for the song of the week. I don't know if you saw yesterday, but news came down that someone in Fraser Park, California, seventy five miles north of La got all five lottery numbers and the power ball to win the entire one point seven to six billion dollar jackpops.
Speaker 4: It's so crazy they're not even splitting it.
Speaker 1: It's one person, one person, getting the second highest total of all time. Wow, does anybody remember it seems like just a few years ago when we were like, oh, do you hear the lottery got up to four million dollars? Guy, we have to go buy tickets.
Speaker 4: It's only a billion that allows you to grocery shop.
Speaker 1: These days, people are becoming instant billionaires from this, which is really hard to fathom.
Speaker 4: No, a million dollars is ridiculous.
Speaker 1: Now the Forbes list is like Jeff Beso's Bill Gates, Martha Rozinski from Culver City, California, who has like an Etsy shop and sold for homemade candles last year.
Speaker 13: It is funny you go to like billionaire's row in like Miami and there's just one random dude in the middle of Obrah like Will Smith.
Speaker 4: But I'm rooting for that person. I'm just saying, like, I will get behind Martha, total celebrity.
Speaker 1: Now, we don't know if Martha is the actual winner because the person has come forward yet. Although my family does live in California, just north of la Very, close to the winning town where the ticket was purchased in, and they've been eerily quiet the last twenty four hours.
Speaker 3: Your mom won it. I am so happy for you.
Speaker 4: Is this when you actually finally get cut out of the family like you've been asking and asking.
Speaker 1: And asking for them to do this and then karma bites me round.
Speaker 3: We're gonna give them the lesser trust?
Speaker 11: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Is it possible that they are the secret winners and haven't come forward yet.
Speaker 3: I'm gonna go know, Yeah.
Speaker 1: Possible that I wrote this song about the lottery two nights ago, and I was banking on nobody winning the Jackpop. So when somebody did.
Speaker 3: After I wrote it, I was screwed.
Speaker 1: And now I'm stuck singing a song that isn't even relevant anymore.
Speaker 4: How did you not see that coming?
Speaker 3: I was listening. Act if you're listening, act like the lottery didn't happen.
Speaker 1: The real chance someone was gonna win, jeff that it was a very small chance. I guess we're never gonna know what really happened. All we know is today instead of singing the dua lipa song from the Barbie movie Dance the Night, it's young Jeffrey's chance, I might win the lottery, okay, which I mean it still could happen in a future.
Speaker 3: Time, next time, next time.
Speaker 1: Yeah, when I'm singing the song, you know.
Speaker 4: What, I applaud your follow through just sticking with it.
Speaker 1: The hope was there, just like when everybody tried to win the lottery, you believe. Yeah, Well, I'm still excited for you, all right, So I'm just gonna point when i'm ready.
Speaker 4: Yeah, one lady, one lady in California is gonna love it.
Speaker 1: Here we go, h.
Speaker 5: Points I ignored there down financial advice spent my every last time with the little luck Calby Scrooge McDuck and lived the powerball Live Jack.
Speaker 1: Put numbers so high it broke the Minniemart sign. My aunt's a victory astronomically dismal, but I still tried. I'm bad at finance. Doock market trends have gotten no rish friends. My crappy career is in my best year, a majors four brand. I've got plans in my hands for more class. I gotta Shanes to win the lottery.
Speaker 5: How am I supposed to buy a mega yat on this salary Matoka stand? My frink was due today three hundred million.
Speaker 1: Two another so sound good to me? And then five win.
Speaker 5: All my funds will be Hedge only, fly private chaps. I don't need family calling after me.
Speaker 11: I'll just make my.
Speaker 1: Own tab sumbers. I'll spans sailing around France. Beach is no pants day nights, I'll be in. It's a lee lady, no trail, get scan numbers, land balls in hand. Wait, not likely.
Speaker 11: Cash out my fore one k.
Speaker 1: If this don't don't come in, they'll have to work till I'm ninety eight.
Speaker 9: I got plans for.
Speaker 5: Some real estate, great big hotels I'll put down on board walk, DWN parklay eet black. You say I'm gonna eat, I'm gonna eat im until.
Speaker 9: My own lace.
Speaker 3: Got dollar signs up in behind.
Speaker 5: When the Sweet says my job, I'm ghosting you at house and cans.
Speaker 3: Gucci brands huge in plans.
Speaker 5: Most guys at the strip club throw in their cashume make it rain.
Speaker 3: I show up so much cash flow that I make it hurricane. All the mansions they've been showing me next to Kloon's place. I got JJ went with go and Hey, send some cash my way. Someone the Giant checked.
Speaker 11: To me take it to BA Fargo.
Speaker 1: When Rock ride up to tell the brain.
Speaker 5: Dan's chance, I'll get real billionaire, hire a British butler and made Batman reality.
Speaker 1: About a break Brains, I got to take it, take it friend.
Speaker 5: With Tom's pain, so rocking up a kind of smell lebron.
Speaker 1: Stand from my Lakers courts.
Speaker 5: I see Timey Chance stealing stands, praying all into my Yeah.
Speaker 4: So sad, so yeah, I'm sorry about your four one K.
Speaker 1: That was a mistake. Worried then I don't know, maybe really did win. So I'll call them if they answer.
Speaker 4: You didn't do good in statistics, did you?
Speaker 1: Yeah, that wasn't my forte So that's the song of the week.
Speaker 3: You can always win the next one.
Speaker 4: I mean, you don't have any more money to invest in it.
Speaker 1: But you guys can lend me. Do we do all those pool ones join.
Speaker 4: I wouldn't tell any.
Speaker 1: Of you text in seven eight five nights. You tell us what you thought about the song of the week. We'll post the video up on the Brook and Jeffrey socials on TikTok, on YouTube, Instagram, all of it at Brook and Jeffrey got the lyrics.
Speaker 4: There and if you know Powerball win or just Taggerty, I don't know if it's.
Speaker 6: Brook and Jeffrey.
Speaker 1: In the morning, you got a text seventy five nine two that says, don't worry jeff you can always make your millions on only Fans, I subscribe.
Speaker 3: Thanks Mom.
Speaker 13: Start singing the Juwela.
Speaker 1: Lipa hit from the Barbie movie Dance the Night. I sang my own version called Chance I might.
Speaker 4: It's such a fun song.
Speaker 1: The power Ball was at the second highest jackpot ever, at least when I wrote the song, it was, and I would love to get a piece of that action somehow. Oh yeah, and we're getting some more feedback on the textboard, Brook, what are you seeing?
Speaker 8: Yeah, this one says hey, jeff after hearing you sing that song, the odds of me listening to your show again are larger than me winning the next powerball.
Speaker 3: Ye oh odds Is that.
Speaker 4: Good or bad?
Speaker 1: Well, that's bad. Yeah, to quote Lloyd Christmas from Dumb and Dummer Favorite, So you're saying.
Speaker 6: There, there it is.
Speaker 3: We'll take it and a record. After I listened to the song off the air, I checked my powerball ticket. I won fifteen bucks. Guys. Oh, it's a good luck song. Check your tickets, ladies and gentlemen.
Speaker 1: It's a good day for everybody. If you want to hear it again, to share it with somebody that you know needs a laugh after dumping all of their savings into lottery tickets. You can find the video of the song up on our YouTube at Brook and Jeffrey, also on our Facebook, Insta and our.
Speaker 6: TikTok Brook and Jeffrey in the Morning.
Speaker 1: You know, we've got a lot of loyal listeners to this show.
Speaker 4: It's so nice. Thank you so much.
Speaker 1: Like today's player, Samantha who has never called in before. Now, oh that's awesome, She says. She listens all the time. Her favorite parts of the show are the second date updates and prank calls. She likes my song of the week, loves Jose's laugh not everybody does, And when she first started, absolutely hated Alexis. But things have changed and now Samantha admits she only mildly dislikes.
Speaker 3: That's why we brought her in the room.
Speaker 4: Samantha, were you hoping to be on the one segment that is never on?
Speaker 11: No, she grows on you.
Speaker 9: I like her now.
Speaker 3: I think your family explains her the same way.
Speaker 4: I love alex Yeah, I'm ruding this segment now, gay.
Speaker 1: Yeah, actually kind of leave, you're kind of bumming.
Speaker 4: How do you get to say, oh, Santa, thanks for liking me now?
Speaker 3: She never said, like, yeah, I heard love intact.
Speaker 1: Yeah, we're gonna have our little red fest in here and we're going to answer some trivia to in a second.
Speaker 4: I'm actually going to follow Alexis out into the hallway. Yeah, you know, when I leave, I actually just usually go to her desk and we chat.
Speaker 9: Oh yeah, up on very little sleep soleep.
Speaker 1: Ok Okay, We're going to try and knock this out before you close your eyes. So Brooke is leaving, and you know how the game works. You got thirty seconds to answer as many questions as possible. If you don't know when, you could say past. But you do have to beat Brooke outright to win. Are you ready? Good luck? Your time starts now. Today is World Egg Day? How long does it take a chicken to produce an egg? An hour? A day or a week an hour? J? R. R. Tolkien is the famous author for what fantasy series.
Speaker 9: The Hobbit.
Speaker 1: They are called girl guides in Canada? What's this organization called in the US? Actor Adam Driver played what villain in the new Star Wars movies?
Speaker 2: Kyler Renny?
Speaker 1: How many US states begin with M four to six or eight.
Speaker 11: Eight eight eight?
Speaker 1: And I've learned through the phone screen here that's Samantha's a stay at home mom with two boys plus she has her own business from home, repurposing furniture.
Speaker 4: Oh cool, that's a fun day. What are you making right now?
Speaker 2: I just sat them doing a table and doing new chairs on the table.
Speaker 1: Sweet all right, Brooke, it's your turn? Are you ready?
Speaker 9: Yes?
Speaker 1: Your time starts now today is World egg Day. How long does it take a chicken to produce an egg and hour? A day or a week day? J? R. R. Tolkien is the famous author for what fantasy series The Hobbit. They're called girl Guides in Canada. What's this organization called in the US?
Speaker 10: Girl?
Speaker 6: Oh?
Speaker 4: Girl Scouts?
Speaker 1: Actor Adam Driver played what villain in the new Star Wars movies?
Speaker 6: Uh?
Speaker 4: Dress Vader?
Speaker 1: How many US states begin with M four six or eight six?
Speaker 3: Mom?
Speaker 1: Today, who's gonna come out on top? Let's go to the scoreboard. Just see how you did with Josey you guys.
Speaker 8: Does stop about Brook?
Speaker 1: Is a.
Speaker 4: Actually me?
Speaker 3: No, Samantha, you did great.
Speaker 4: You got three core Samantha.
Speaker 3: That's a good score.
Speaker 4: Need sleep?
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's true. Maybe did better Brook. You actually got the same exact amount of questions?
Speaker 4: Okay, is there a fourth Carolina? Tell to add another state?
Speaker 3: She got three, Brooke, you also got three?
Speaker 4: Actually was rooting for you?
Speaker 1: All tied up there and that means it goes to the house, Samantha. But let's go over the answers real quick. It's World egg Day. It takes a chicken one day to produce one egg net.
Speaker 4: That that's why you gotta go to the chicken coop every day.
Speaker 3: Farmers do it every day.
Speaker 6: J R. R.
Speaker 1: Tolkien's the famous author for the Hobbit and Lord of the Rings series. They're called girl Guides in Canada and the US, they're known as girls Scouts.
Speaker 4: That almost broke my brain.
Speaker 3: Do they saw Canadian cookies?
Speaker 11: Is the same?
Speaker 3: Do you guys know.
Speaker 4: Your own research or not?
Speaker 1: I'm not the girl Scout experts.
Speaker 3: Sorry, Jeff, I assumed you were.
Speaker 1: Actor Adam Driver played the villain Kyla Wren in the new Star Wars movies.
Speaker 4: I haven't seen the new ones yet.
Speaker 1: And how many US states begin with the letter M? Eight different states? Montana, Missouri, Maine, Michigan, Massachusetts, maryl Minnesota and Mississippi.
Speaker 3: And North Carolina and North and.
Speaker 9: Now.
Speaker 1: Unfortunately, Samantha, since you tied, we can't give you any money here, but just for playing, you do win a fifty dollars gift card to the Nisqually Red Wind Casino, Riverwater Bar and Grill. Treat yourself to the taste of the good life at the River Water Bar and Grill. You'll escape from the ordinary only at the Nisqually Redwind casino awesome.
Speaker 4: Yeah, now go take a nap, you deserve it.
Speaker 1: Yes, yes, thanks for playing. We'll be back to do Windbrooks Block the same time
Speaker 6: On Monday, Freaking Jeffrey in the morning.