Speaker 1: Wake that ass up in the morning.
Speaker 2: The Breakfast Club.
Speaker 1: Morning.
Speaker 3: Everybody's d J n V.
Speaker 4: Charlamagne the guy. We are the Breakfast Club. We got a special guest in the.
Speaker 5: Building coming now to styling, profiling, limousine, riding, jet flying, just stealing, wheeling and dealing. Son of a gun, the nature boy. Come on now, morning, good morning.
Speaker 1: You get tired of hand if you just run up on you in the airport and just start screaming that all the time.
Speaker 2: And I love it. I love it.
Speaker 3: How you doing today?
Speaker 2: First and fore more great?
Speaker 3: Thank you, you're doing good.
Speaker 2: Thank you, ma'am.
Speaker 1: You're in town for the comic con. Right, First of a celebrity mint yell us about that. Got these great cards here?
Speaker 6: Yeah, those are actually gold and there's silver there too, Okay, and these are all silver. One has a golden lay in it and uh they're made by celebrity men out of Houston and uh distributed by eBay through them basically.
Speaker 2: All over there will be at at for ten thirty a mile.
Speaker 1: When you first started your wrestling career, did you see things like this and that'd be trading card which.
Speaker 6: You never never imagine, especially in silver or gold.
Speaker 3: I want to start from the beginning.
Speaker 4: For people that don't know, you know, this is always a story because kids grew up on wrestling, right, you grew up with and you see in your first superhero was a wrestler, and you wanted to be a wrestler, and you got in trouble with your mom because you jumped off the kitchen table and you broke some Yeah it was somebody bigger, full lay lock. He broke somebody's leg. So what got you Rick Fla into wrestling? What made you say I want to be a wrestler? So tell us that journey for people that don't know.
Speaker 6: Well, I grew up loving it, watching it, and uh I went to Minnesota for football, and obviously, like every idiot it comes along that wants to be in the fraternity. You're joining a fraternity and forget about college. So I had fund a fraturnity and forgot to go to class. And back then all you had to do, all you have to do is go to class. So you had to do the past, just had to show up, get your home. But you know, thirty blows aero two mile walk from the fraternity ilice. I just just and then when I became academically.
Speaker 2: Eligi.
Speaker 6: Well, I was living with Kem Petero seventy two Olympians, and Vernay aw was in Minneapolis and said, you want to be a wrestler. I said, God, I love it, but of course I'm won't try it and the rest is history. Wow, I quit a couple of times. It was a lot more intense than I anticipated.
Speaker 2: But what made you?
Speaker 1: What made you finally retire for good after fifty years?
Speaker 6: Well, I had that one match last year. You know, I still feel great. It's funny people misunderstanding. I say, I wish I could wrestle again, like I mean, I feel great. I'm probably one of the few guys it still was no hip replacements or new replacements or shoulder and I feel great. So I could, but I yeah, actually I could, but I won't.
Speaker 3: Now when you're still get when you first started.
Speaker 2: I didn't want to quit, but he didn't want to then took man's at the time. That's okay.
Speaker 4: So when you first started wrestling, break us down because you know you want it to be different from everybody else, and you were different from from everybody else.
Speaker 3: So what gave you that? In mind frame? What said?
Speaker 4: This is what I'm gonna be I'm gonna wear these robes. I'm gonna be fly, I'm gonna be.
Speaker 6: I was at an airplane crash nineteen seventy five. I crashed in an airplane, killed the guy, and paralyzed two other guys. While I was weird, rehabbing and hopefully hopeful of over wrestling again, I met a guy named George Scoddess that what we make make kill ale bit like Buddy Rogers. Buddy it was very popular in the fifties and sixties nature with Buddy Rodgers. So I just took that and then the words of Harley Race. Remember Harley Flair took Rogers gimmick to a whole new level.
Speaker 1: He lied, He had no idea who that is. You survived it crashed in nineteen seventy five. You survived for a couple of times. When you survive a playing crash, how does your life change, like, what is your mentality from that point on?
Speaker 6: Well, when you're younger, you don't think about it. I thought, well, I made it, you know I was. I was, you know, a little bit intimidated to fly again for the first time. But I got on those private jets today to get here to make sure I could be on time.
Speaker 2: What do they call it again? What they a little tiny one with.
Speaker 3: Prop playing propeller?
Speaker 2: No, no, no, it's a jet, but only there's no bathroom or anything.
Speaker 4: It's not a cessa, not a No, it's a paper plane.
Speaker 3: I don't know it paper plane.
Speaker 2: Anyway, I would highly before you took it from the airport.
Speaker 6: I took it from I was in Columbus, Georgia at the hockey game vision Ovision jet and uh, it's great, what a way to go.
Speaker 2: I may never fly commercial again.
Speaker 1: So when you crashed in the plane, did it like explode around you?
Speaker 2: Like?
Speaker 6: No, wait, we are out ran out of gas, so they don't explosion. But it normally a small as a twin engine sets the three ten.
Speaker 2: Normally when you hit.
Speaker 6: An orchard of trees or whatever they would call it, you know, the little cartwheel plane. We were going so fast we fell from six thousand feet that we just tore down and hold of them orchard and landed in a railroad embankment that the train tracks on the alf of it, just a half a mile.
Speaker 2: From a runaway. Wow.
Speaker 1: How many was all on the plane?
Speaker 2: Six and three?
Speaker 1: Three survived and three that.
Speaker 2: Pott died and two up paralyzed and the three of us made it.
Speaker 1: Wow, do you a still have a bond the three that made it? You have to have a bond.
Speaker 6: Now there's only two of us still alive. Yeah, okay, yeah, we remain very close. We don't live living with each other or live close to each other. And where we talked a couple of times a year.
Speaker 1: Got you what do you miss about wrestling?
Speaker 6: If anything, the camaraderie, the fun, it right life, the Big City, China Club, New York City, China Club, Chicago.
Speaker 3: You love partying after you last what you loved, you know, being famous?
Speaker 6: Yeah, yeah, yeah, the wrestling part of it's easy. Then going on afterwards. Then you gotta hold your reputation.
Speaker 1: But that don't change for you though you the nature boy Rip Flair, I know it doesn't. You're famous everywhere you go, even.
Speaker 2: I think sounds like you have to be here.
Speaker 4: How much practice did you guys have to do when it came out to practice? No, No, there was no practice back then. You just work out and just the matches at eight and you're there.
Speaker 6: Yeah, because I'm a little different than a lot of a lot of guys like to go out and well I'm not saying it, but later on because of it, it's part of the deal now where the guys have to rehearse and all that. But I just was always the old school. Wait, you got to hear the crowd. You can't rehearse something you don't know all the people are going to react to. And that's one of the problems today. When the young kids had this match put together, they walk out the door and the fans aren't reacting under way they want it. And because they don't have the experience, not the ability, but we don't have the experience, they can't change it around. And that's why sometimes but they're not getting a reaction from the crowd they want.
Speaker 4: So when you you were wrestling, there was no practice. Is two men in that match and whatever happened happening.
Speaker 2: You get slapped the out coming and we.
Speaker 4: Just know from this and when you get slapped in the face, it wasn't practice, like, oh, this just slapped me in my face.
Speaker 2: Oh tell them to wow, yeah, hit me with brass knucks. We just did to chat with brass knocks.
Speaker 1: In the old days, not the real bras knuckles.
Speaker 6: Bust ourselves open. We're calling the hard ways. Jesus Christy, you can break. It's so born right here, is real? Really, just clip it over.
Speaker 1: Oh you know you gotta hit hard. You just look yeah, okay, And.
Speaker 6: Then I was always had that surgical little thing right here. That was the best part of my work. Give me, get me to my blade. I'm good you had.
Speaker 1: You had a blade in your fingers.
Speaker 3: Too, a blade in your so you could have missed and went too far.
Speaker 2: But I have a couple of times.
Speaker 1: Y'all got to have some really nice relationships.
Speaker 2: Think of the same thing.
Speaker 1: Accidentally cut somebody with a blade and not be the person, not be upset at you for Oh.
Speaker 2: No, I was never cut anybody else. I cut myself.
Speaker 1: It's oh okay, I give you say.
Speaker 2: But I have cut some guys, but they knew it coming and knew it was coming.
Speaker 3: So you must think this new wrestling is so soft with what you were dealing with.
Speaker 2: It's not soft because they do. Nothing is ever sold. It's just a different time. It's like Lawrence Taylor, good Lawrence play right now? You can if you suspended every game, you'd.
Speaker 3: Be fine so much right now?
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean or Dick Bucker's who just passed away.
Speaker 6: The rules have just change. It's still very difficult, very physically demanded sport. These guys are doing stuff and always are jumping off.
Speaker 2: Tables and ladders, and I only did I only did that a couple of times.
Speaker 1: So what was your last match like for you? When you thought Jeff Jared and.
Speaker 6: It was great except for the fact I didn't anticipate, you know. I psyched myself out and I was dehydrated, and I went out there and we put together what I thought was there a regal match, wasn't ever going to be a masterpiece, but would put together the match. And then I got real light headed and about five minutes of the match and I said to one of the guys, I'm not feeling good. Well it just sent it went around in the ring like he's saying like his heart's bad or whatever.
Speaker 2: Right, So but we got it straightened out. But it was just funny. I just dehydrated and under Under came back to the dressing room, made me drink through gator age and I went or kid Rocks and parties with the kid all night.
Speaker 1: So I was fine, But I saw you, so you wish you wish you had picked it a different person to have your last match against you.
Speaker 6: No, No, that's a misinterpretation, and that's what the damn podcast just say it and comes out wrong.
Speaker 2: There's a guy that.
Speaker 6: I that's still active to hear Ricky Morton from the Rock and Roll Express, and if I had if I were to have a singles match, not a tag So it's always what they wanted to have a tag match because I didn't think I could make it through a singles If I was going to have a singles match now it would be with Ricky Morton. He's still active and he's doing great, and he was so good and and I'm a much better bad guy than I am a good guy.
Speaker 1: Oh absolutely, But you always were kind of like that. You're the bad guy, but then you're like the bad guy people root for.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you know what I mean. That's out of respect over the years.
Speaker 4: Yeah, but back then, did you make a lot of money wrestling or was it more for the endorsements outside of action?
Speaker 6: The endorsements back then it's all wrestling income, really, Yeah, because ww is the one w WF. Vince is the one that started all the marketing North the guy that started making as much money from on lunchboxes.
Speaker 3: And action figures and stuff.
Speaker 2: Like that as I did wrestling.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I grew up in South Carolina. I was telling them earlier, like I.
Speaker 2: Go God Country.
Speaker 1: So I grew up on n W A. Yeah, you know then bc W. I was born in Charleston raising a small town called Monks Corner. Monks Corner, South Carolina.
Speaker 2: That's the name of that place, is the wrestles King Kintree, Kintree.
Speaker 6: Yeah, and uh uh it was hot one hundred.
Speaker 2: And twenty reason that village.
Speaker 1: Oh absolutely every Friday night, Kintree, South Carolina.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Now, I want to go back to your last match. Mentally, how do you prepare yourself to say, okay, this is my last my last match.
Speaker 2: Did?
Speaker 6: I just focused on what it did, as I had four months to really get myself in shape. I mean, I work all pretty hard anyway, but to really get myself and I had made up my mind that I would be as as good as shape, not cosmetically obviously, because I'm cosmetic nightmare.
Speaker 1: That's not true. One of the ladies out there says, he's so cute, And one of the ladies out there said.
Speaker 6: That she hasn't seen about my shirt since without my shirt not so cute since my surgery. But no, just I was very I just framed. I fell forward and you know, you know you're you know Vince Lombardy's favorite saying it is fatigued, makes cowards of us all other men. I wouldn't never worry about getting tired because I was always in better shape. So I actually got myself in as good as shape as I was in nineteen seventy four. I was doing five hundred free squads and wow, stuff like that.
Speaker 3: Yeah, used to work out to this day.
Speaker 6: Yes, really, when I'm home, I haven't gone quite a bit, but I've go from training with John Seen a trainer Rob.
Speaker 1: I always wanted because you know you you always talk. You talked about just stereoigy, right, but you never had the physique of the.
Speaker 6: No, I didn't take I took terrors whenever, remember it too. Can't hire a forehand. Remember to take your pills exactly where.
Speaker 1: That's the only way you get that big like that.
Speaker 2: No, you get it through hard work. But you know, I wrestled so much.
Speaker 6: I didn't pay much attention to my dad when because they were wrestling, I did a lot of like our matches, and when I was younger, I like wrestled three hundred hour matches a year. So you get mentally here and then you can eat and drink what you want, and then all of a sudden, your metabolism changes. Retire you got you gotta be careful, you know what I mean.
Speaker 4: So are you still surprised that some of your catchphrases still people are saying now to this day, and you know, even like you know, some of the rappers still want you in their videos, make songs like.
Speaker 3: Off Set, who was here this week? His album's out, you.
Speaker 4: Know, right a couple of days ago. Does that still surprise you when when these.
Speaker 3: Rapers call you things like that.
Speaker 6: That, really I'm gonna dose. You're catching them one too, you know with my catch line, nobody could be first, but anyone it could be next. Yeah, I love all studies, great metro move and those were great guys.
Speaker 2: Woman's got another one now? Well?
Speaker 1: Yeah? Also that album came out today.
Speaker 3: Yeah, came out today. It came on today, right now?
Speaker 1: You said something you like those you cato?
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'm in her in her new song which.
Speaker 1: One Paint the Town?
Speaker 2: It just came out. I got to hear it. The opening.
Speaker 6: The opening is none of you can be at first, but anyone, she.
Speaker 1: Said with your voice. Yeah, yeah, yeah, absolutely, Okay, got you now? You had you had a ruption in testing two in twenty seventeen. Yeah, then you got put into a coma, a respiratory, heart failure, in ammonia, all kind of stuff.
Speaker 2: How did you total kidney failure, everything.
Speaker 1: To total Jesus Christ, How did that near death experience impact that.
Speaker 2: Changed my life?
Speaker 1: Okay?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 6: That when I come out of that, because I couldn't walk or anything. You know, I didn't have any memory for six months. That was when I decided that I needed to make sure that every already that managed him in my life. I told and when I'm not selling religious, I'm not going religion on you. I mean, obviously we all have our own religion, and I believe in a God very strongly. But it really made me aware of telling people that I like because you never know. I'm living proof.
Speaker 2: You never know.
Speaker 6: I was just sitting at a bar, like I will be tonight with these guys, and all of a sudden I got a pain in my stomach. I didn't wake up for thirty one days. Wow, I don't remember going to the hospital.
Speaker 1: Damn.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Do you remember the first person you told you love when you finally.
Speaker 6: Well, it must have been my wife, Wendy. She's on our way here now. She's actually going from here to Iceland Sunday and then over to donate time in Israel for two weeks? Was it with the issues over there? So I guess that would be her. Hogan said that I looked at him and said, get me a six pack of beer. Yeah, they said, I believe it or not, they said, to which you'll find humor. And besides from all the issues of me almost dying, they said, but I went.
Speaker 2: Through a bad, bad case of the ded no booze, no drinking. They said. It was vibrating, and it wasn't because I was sick, like strapping me down.
Speaker 1: Does it matter at this point, when you get to this age and you've done it all, do you feel like, Okay, you know what, I'm gonna listen to the doctors. I'm not gonna do no drinking.
Speaker 2: No that.
Speaker 6: But you know, I don't buay attention because here's the deal. I want to live now. Because guys like Ryan Fitterman and these people here AT's Liberty men are making me a lot more money. Yeah, now I want like that. You know I've paid two million alimony and two million of penalty and interest. I mean my story is interesting. Give me a real story. Million and a half the lawyers, four divorces. So this kind of stuff you got to get back.
Speaker 2: You can see something I make one morning, Ryan ever made wrestling.
Speaker 1: That's great.
Speaker 6: Just Sernaman sports man, just going and I get to hang around with Lawrence Taylor and Mike Tyson.
Speaker 2: Pete row is not a bad life.
Speaker 3: You can see this yourself. The greatest wrestle of all time?
Speaker 2: Yes, why because I am?
Speaker 6: I'm not I'm not on my mound. I'm not on my Mount Rushmore. Not No, because I don't know. I believe you better have somebody else put you there. But my Mount Rushmore in terms of importance to the business is stone Cold obviously Undertaker. And I think Sean Michaels, Shawn Michaels is the greatest performer of all time in our business.
Speaker 1: So what makes you the best, Because I think everybody.
Speaker 6: Everything doesn't make me the best. I'm just I'm just being me. I never say stuff like that I consider myself to be lucky to be considered one of the best.
Speaker 2: Off of that.
Speaker 1: Why did the Rock on your Ma Rushmore?
Speaker 6: Uh, he would be excepted to stay long enough. I think part of the Round Rushmore is longevity. You know, it's hard to be really good. And Rock was great, I mean, but he took off and he said, my mom on my Round Rushmore for interview skills and everything else. And I remained very close to him. But he I mean, he was on TV. Then you do you ever watch the show? Do you watch or watch her on all? No, he came out, he was out.
Speaker 2: They were they were Boulder right, and he he was out supporting them Prime.
Speaker 6: Colorado in Colorado right. So he just dropped in for the show. But there's a new kid in the show. I think it's the United States champion, Austin Theory. The Rock came out and I was laughing about it. Em he looks at he looks at Austin Theory was one of their upcoming stars.
Speaker 2: They have a lot of TV time vests.
Speaker 6: And he said, so the Rock doesn't know who Wasstin Theory is what they gonna say. I don't know who you are. I don't think so. You know, he just had that unbelievable Monta chrism. God, and what a great guy.
Speaker 1: Do you think somebody like you, I say, like you sting, Do you think that the n W A and w c W kept you all from reaching your full potential?
Speaker 7: No?
Speaker 6: Because you know I was in the WA so long, you know, and I didn't end up going there until I was forty one, you know, so it's still I could still get around pretty good. And actually my last match with Sean when I was fifty nine, So but that was all Sean. Michael Shawn, first guy that ever said to me in my entire career is shut up, listened to me, and he looked at me and said let's do it and walked out. And there's eighty thousand people in the CITRUSO. Wow, but I did it. I just finally said, you know, he knows what he's doing, and I'm nervousness can be and I am insecure right now and I'm wondering if I can make it. And my whole family's in the front row and no pressure.
Speaker 1: What do you think of the differseny WWWWF was as far as business, Oh.
Speaker 2: For WS run like a business.
Speaker 6: Okay, WCWO was just catch his catch can Wow. Everybody everybody had their own thing going, and the guy that ran it just he liked creating dissension between let's say it's Scott Hall and Kevin with the nWo the head guys, right, obviously there are other guys. And it was stinging Luger and then Hulk and Randy. I mean he's he just likes to create, not create, right. It was his stylin doing business and nothing ever works like that. And then Hulk had, you know, total creative control, which I don't blame him for.
Speaker 2: He brought.
Speaker 6: He brought a lot to the table, but it's just hard to you know, to function. I mean they did, and they did great for eighty three weeks, but the end of day three weeks, how do you bankrupt ted Turner?
Speaker 1: Damn?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Because I love the Four Horsemen. I always wondered why the Four Horseman never got to.
Speaker 2: Well, you know why they could? We did.
Speaker 6: Everybody beat us, but we got our heat back on TV. Then you go to the arena and you get beat up, you get back on TV the next week.
Speaker 2: Because similar they have.
Speaker 6: We don't mind losing the arenas The problem is that the people back then with w CWS, people don't they want to get their heat on and didn't want to lose in the arena either. It's got to be you know, in my opinion, it's got to be a balance.
Speaker 3: How bad was you know?
Speaker 1: What's what's the difference though, Like, because I would think that more eyeballs would be on television.
Speaker 2: Oh there are, I don't. I mean, that's why I don't understand either.
Speaker 1: So they'd have y'all lose in arenas.
Speaker 2: Four horse okay, yeah, so.
Speaker 1: When you say lose, they just have y'all lose matches in the area. Yeah, but then win on television.
Speaker 2: Well get our heat, not necessarily win, but get it back. You got you you know.
Speaker 1: So they never had y'all looking like the dominant group, Like how d X was dominant, Our nWo was dominant.
Speaker 2: Yeah they were dominant. Ye, but but d X, I'm talking more about the I have no problem with the X. They were great.
Speaker 1: No, I'm just saying, why didn't Why do you think four Horsemen never got to that?
Speaker 6: Oh we never wrote that timeframe? Okay, Yeah, if we've been where we're ten years early, gotcha? If we come along in the nineties the same four people.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that would have been.
Speaker 4: I was always wondering, like, when you talk w w F for w W OR or n w A or whatever, how do they decide who is going to be that quote unquote man.
Speaker 6: Right, you know, they give you the opportunity and you got about five minutes do something that the guy goes.
Speaker 3: That people are gonna like, really, yeah, mean you got that?
Speaker 2: You got we call it gorilla.
Speaker 6: Right, there's Vince and Hunter and where were the agents are? That's got some Mike, Michael Hayes, guys that have been there for a while, and you got they go out the door and you got five minutes to show them something gonna make him go mm hmm. Or you know, Vince, I've seen him a thousand times. You're gonna tell you you're the ship. It's gonna shake your hands in that job, you know what I mean. Or I'll talk to you later, Mike, kids, I'll dog you later.
Speaker 4: Do you remember that conversation with you, that first conversation when they pulled you to the side and say you're the guy.
Speaker 6: It wasn't Vince, it was it was uh, yeah, well much when I wanted to end NBA Championship for the first time.
Speaker 2: Now, I guess i'd be eighty one. But I wasn't the guy I thought it was. But I had wrestled so many guys that were really good in that one area of the mid Atlantic right that when I went on the road and started wrestling guys for an hour that didn't know anything about wrestling, when I thought I knew it all I was. I was lost and I didn't draw, So they took it off me, and I prepared myself and got myself back and realized that everybody's not going to be the best wrestler every night. And then the second time I was ready to go. That's not really turned it on.
Speaker 1: Where did the figure four a leg lot come from?
Speaker 2: Buddy Rogers?
Speaker 1: Okay, does that work in real life? If you put somebody in there?
Speaker 6: Oh yeah, well yeah, I put the linebacker Penn State, still sitting at the bar, sitting on the floor of a bar.
Speaker 3: You still do it? You still doing that?
Speaker 2: If I can put it on somebody, you gotta let me put it on.
Speaker 3: I would love to see you put on Charlemagne one time.
Speaker 1: What time? Tell me about the guy in the bar and Penn state what happened to him?
Speaker 2: Well, he's you know the phony rest of the thing said figure for and go of it. So I was with trying to think who was on the quarterback.
Speaker 6: Then the kid that played for the Panthers, Cam, Cam's Auburn, Yeah, you know the guy before him.
Speaker 1: Let me see.
Speaker 2: Carry Collins.
Speaker 6: So we're down on the landing there in Pittsburgh and drinking and the Slane Backer with the Kerry Collins. And the kid told me, he said, I can get out of that, so they can't, so that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I can't. I'd been at the Dapper down right with I was a Marty Schottenheimer and uh Bill Kauer who we're all down there, and so I put it on him, said you gotta let me get it in. And he was a big kid too. He's still laying there.
Speaker 3: You feel love for for? I wanted to set on charl time.
Speaker 4: Yeah, we gotta tap out. Yes, I would love to see that one time.
Speaker 2: Come on, don't have me back on? Then?
Speaker 1: What's your favorite iteration of the full Horseman?
Speaker 2: Iron Ali, Arnold Tully, myself and Buried Windom.
Speaker 1: That's the that's the original one, right, is that the original one?
Speaker 6: Originally but only kids were older at that time, and you wanted to work part time, and only was great, but the best forward Bury ironed myself and.
Speaker 4: A lot of a lot of younger wrestlers come up to you and ask for guidance and mentorship and do you do you give it to a lot of the younger wrestlers.
Speaker 6: I try to, but I realized it doesn't mean anything, because the first thing they're going to is what do you think?
Speaker 2: What do you think that all the young wrestler and what ever?
Speaker 3: It's not just famous more important than the skill, you know, they.
Speaker 2: Want to go look and see what the fans are saying. The fans running, fans run their life, social media runs everything.
Speaker 1: How do you think a younger play would handle social media?
Speaker 2: Well, he'd be in jail.
Speaker 6: We'd be conducting this interview from records, right yea, yeah, hello record, he's still records.
Speaker 2: Do you mind joining the Breakfast club? We're not talking about your silver coins.
Speaker 1: It's hilarious young work flair.
Speaker 2: I don't think that's I got my gold club at the China Club and they threw me out one night.
Speaker 1: What happened?
Speaker 2: I got into a fight. I was talking.
Speaker 1: I'm just talking to his.
Speaker 2: Pandam flight attendant. You're the nasty boy, right. So there's a guy that sells toys to the w W and they took his glasses off and stopped on him, and he came over crying to mean, So I go over to I go to Brian. I slap Brian as a Brian, don't leave the guy alone. Mall it just happen. We're just having a good time.
Speaker 6: And and then SAgs jumped on me and they already had my.
Speaker 2: Card, me out and kept the nasty boys in there. Can you imagine that?
Speaker 1: I am?
Speaker 2: Yeah, three thousand dollars? Wow?
Speaker 1: Is there anything that you wouldn't tell people now? Even even now at this age, is there anything you still keep to yourself?
Speaker 2: Like, oh, yeah, I got a whole closet full thing. I have a keeper of the closet. You know. That's why I didn't run for governor North Carolina and gino ocahma's gonna be the keeper of the classes.
Speaker 1: How is it watching your daughter following your footsteps?
Speaker 6: Oh god, it's amazing that I'll take very seriously. She is the greatest thing going.
Speaker 2: Yeah you seen her?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Yeah, she's in a different world, different different planet, different status for than I was. Did you want her to No, I had, I said. Somebody asked her.
Speaker 6: And she was, you know, doing real well in the business world and graduating in college. And I saw her looking at the guy asked her and he said, why aren't you doing this? And had a talent relations at the time. I saw her just I know her like a book. I saw her walk around her room and think of herself. She walk over to me said, do you think think about it? I said, I don't know.
Speaker 2: Why. She said, I just want to. I think I try it. She is not the greatest of all time?
Speaker 1: Isn't that like the ultimate uh form of Hameda?
Speaker 6: They though, Well, it's not really. It's because of her little brother, my son that passed away. She everything. I think it's still in the back of her mind. She's fulfilling the dream that he lived m which it makes it even more special and more personal.
Speaker 1: That's clearly the most important thing to you. Yeah, absolutely, yeah, absolutely. What do you think sports entertainment is missing right now?
Speaker 6: Oh man? Yeah, came every day. What's sports entertainment missing right now? Maybe a sports entertainment period or wrestling wrestling.
Speaker 2: I don't think it's missing anything.
Speaker 1: Man.
Speaker 6: I think it's tracking on all fours. I mean every time you turn around, Tony is opening up another show, and I've got They've got three live shows a week now. WWE's making more money than never. I still believe that wrestling is the greatest form of sports entertainment there is.
Speaker 1: Oh, people will be like, oh, it's not real.
Speaker 6: Yeah, but they're sold out saying it's not real and it's docks at one hundred and twenty dollars or whatever it is. I mean it's they can say whatever they want to say. People watch it, and it's not just the blue collar fans. I mean doctors, lawyers, everybody.
Speaker 1: Loves it absolutely.
Speaker 6: And I do autographs for Ryan as an example, who runs the biggest sports memorabilia company in probably the world, we'll say the United States for sure, and we sign these autographs, and the wrestlers that participate we get as much attention as anybody.
Speaker 2: I think ryank about for that. You know, we're not We're not all going to be like.
Speaker 6: If Barkley's or came out for something like that or with a good friend of mine.
Speaker 2: But but the.
Speaker 6: Guys that do it on a regular basis we get. I think Brian would will tell you that the wrestlers hold their own with any credible athlete.
Speaker 3: What's the biggest misconception of wrestling?
Speaker 2: That it's fake, not fake, that it's it's I think a misc I don't even know if that's a misconception anymore. I have to think about that. I don't.
Speaker 6: I think it's a misconception as to how much hard work goes into it, especially if you're on top. Now, because let's say they're they're if they're working a full schedule, they still wrestle, you know, one hundred and fifty five times a year. I think that's a full schedule, right, But if you're in the top tier, you know what you're doing in the three days off you have.
Speaker 2: All you're doing is media media for the next round match. There is no time off. Really.
Speaker 6: That's why it's nice to Vince or Vince or whoever they're calling the shots. And now I understand the kids need to take a month's break here of there.
Speaker 4: I was gonna ask you, how does your body heal with so many matches? You're talking one hundred and fifty five matches.
Speaker 2: I rested at four and twenty five I wrestled over four hundred times for eight years. We don't rest, We just drink and sleep on the plane and then. So that's why I got.
Speaker 6: One of the reasons I got into Cannabi's business that I've been eating xanax trying to sleep on his international flights.
Speaker 2: You know, I'm telling him. Somebody asked you about it. One week I was.
Speaker 6: I wrestled an hour in Sydney, wrestling an hour in Auckland, wrestled an hour.
Speaker 2: In christ Church.
Speaker 6: I flew to Saint Louis, and hour in Saint Louis, flew to Atlanta, and an hour in Atlanta, and flew to Tokyo, all in the same week. Wow, that's a lot of booze, and at least three is annex.
Speaker 1: So you like to smoke the whed I do.
Speaker 2: I can't, but I can't hang with Mike.
Speaker 1: I will ask I would love to see you.
Speaker 2: I'm saying, edibles or what the edibles can get you off of that.
Speaker 1: Have you had Mike Tyson edibles? Have you had Mike's edibles?
Speaker 2: Have my own called? Wo choose?
Speaker 3: Really you should bust some of that up too. Yeah with these cars.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'll bring you guys, someone.
Speaker 1: I like edible, I can't smoke.
Speaker 6: E Like, yeah, well I just had asthma as the kids tried to smoke. But I'm not against it. I certainly have been around in my all life. But the edibles actually can help you get off X or ambient and stuff like that if you do it under a doctor supervision. I've when just stop taking then that you got to get to withdrawal issue. But if you do it the right wave, I've cleaned myself of not one hundred percent, not going to say I'll never take one once in a while, but if I have the intervals and I'm not stressed out about something, which I'm very ready to get stressed out anymore. But when I was working, I did you know there's a lot of pressure and.
Speaker 2: If you're on top, it's your I think in ninety I speak for ninety percent of the.
Speaker 6: People that are on top. They still feel responsible for drawing the money. They're going to get paid five million dollars damn Marina better before yeah, because other people underneath it, even though they have guaranteed salaries, will make more.
Speaker 2: That makes sense. They want to exceed their guarantees. That that's the goal. Damn.
Speaker 1: That's why the rappers like you, man, the new rappers, you do drugs like them? Xanax you got used to, Yeah, that's all.
Speaker 6: No, no, no cocaine, no pain killer is nothing ever.
Speaker 1: Damn. What's the most you ever made for a match? For a salary?
Speaker 2: For you for a full year? The most ever made? Eight hundred thousand?
Speaker 1: No, God, damn, that's rock, Rick Flair.
Speaker 2: What I make twice that with with Ryan Fiederman.
Speaker 3: That's insane.
Speaker 2: Damn.
Speaker 3: You ain't gotta you ain't got to beat your body up.
Speaker 2: I just got to go out and hang out with him while they drinks together. Right.
Speaker 4: Let's let's let's talk about the reason that you're in town comic con. Let's talk about these coins in these cars that you again, we.
Speaker 2: Can feel the way of them. Yep, solid silver guys.
Speaker 4: So people can buy these these coins. They're five dollars, right, since five dollars in the back while they were five.
Speaker 2: The price I actually be announced tomorrow, the price tomorrow.
Speaker 1: We can keep these, right.
Speaker 2: I don't know, talk to we can.
Speaker 1: Keep these Ryan, just for sure? Oh damn can't he Damn canny and then took pictures of him to send them to people like me too.
Speaker 2: I would.
Speaker 4: Ok, okay words people, so people could purchase the cars and you'll sign him at Comic Con.
Speaker 2: I'm not sure what I'm doing whatever they want me to.
Speaker 3: So what are they doing over here? Ryan, come here, come to the mic.
Speaker 1: Well, y'all come to the mic.
Speaker 3: So we yeah, yeah, explain it any eating one of y'all.
Speaker 7: So The Nature Boy will be releasing our products October fourteenth, which is tomorrow ten thirty live on eBay, live at Comic Con. So we'll post all the prices and all the products that are available, and Rick and I will be opening them live for customers. So there's different chase elements inside there. So there'll be redeemables for personalized memorabilia from Rick. A meet and greet with Rick is also available. So there's a lot of cool stuff that will be announcing tomorrow morning.
Speaker 3: And these a limit? Are these limited editions?
Speaker 2: Yes?
Speaker 7: So I made a thousand of this. Of the silver coins and the bigger holders there those, I made a thousand of those. There's a thousand of those, and then of the gold card there's five hundred.
Speaker 2: Wow, So yeah, okay, it's pure gold.
Speaker 3: So his is different to mine, right, I see he's read in his minus.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so he has to chase.
Speaker 7: So when we when we stop, I'll explain everything to you guys, and we'll split it up evenly among.
Speaker 3: Oh wow, I love it all right?
Speaker 1: What is there? A website is so celebrity mean dot com dot com. The distribution will be handled by Okay.
Speaker 4: So get the comic cont early and hopefully they can get some of this stuff and Ricklebatia to meet some people.
Speaker 2: That's so cool.
Speaker 4: Congratulations man, you deserve it. The fact that you got your body beat up and they only paid you eight hundred thousand dollars. I love to see you win in there.
Speaker 2: That yeah, yeah, five hundred for the most Before that Before.
Speaker 1: That, Wow, I didn't want to ask you. What do you think of like about celebrities getting into wrestling, Like when you see the logan Paul and.
Speaker 6: I like the guys that are actually good athletes, and I've got no problem with that. I'm not crazy about some of the people they bring in, but I mean when they're actually can't get in the ring and like and bad Bunny.
Speaker 3: He did pretty good, he did, he killed it.
Speaker 6: He did really good. But that Paul kids believe it or not. I know that Sean trained, which I was gonnaware of that Paul kid is. It's damn good. He's athlete and he didn't afraid anything.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 6: You know a big part of wrestling is they start telling you to jump off that turnbule and going through the table. I mean that the table doesn't always break the way you wanted to. And nothing guaranteed about those tables. You know, they're not gimmicked or anything. They have taking their screws out.
Speaker 2: If you got to him right dead center in the middle, they won't break it right away. Wow.
Speaker 1: Oh, so those tables weren't staged, they weren't Like.
Speaker 2: No, absolutely not. That's a big misconception.
Speaker 4: Do you know how many people y'all got hurt that went home and tried that on one of them tables?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 6: Sure with the steel chairs, Yeah, steel chair that they don't know, more head shots because of all the concussion issues, you know, I mean guys like min folding. I mean, the stuff Mick did is still if you look at the stuff going off the top of the cage. And then that time I was just talking to take her about it the other day when they were on top of the cage.
Speaker 2: And take to their guy.
Speaker 6: Make I can feel that the wires breaking the top right, Mike said, I'm ready. Man, he fell through land in the back of his neck, teeth went through his right to his nose. Oh my god, I mean Micke has beat his brains out.
Speaker 2: Man.
Speaker 6: More more, I mean thumb tack matches. I only had a couple of those, and it doesn't hurt while you're out there, But man, when you go back there in the pullo thumba the barber wires stuff that the barbed wire is really rough barb wire.
Speaker 2: Baseball that there's nothing good about that.
Speaker 1: Jesus all the time, I thought all that stuff was prop props too. I'm like, there's no way that's real. Thumb tacks. They gotta be plastic, no way.
Speaker 2: But when you hit a guy with a barboar, but you're gonna hit him one time. And once again, it doesn't hurt when you're out there because the adrenaline was slowing. Right when you go back and you've had barbare you.
Speaker 1: Had to be on boarding adrenaline. You had to be on something. There's no way you want to know.
Speaker 6: I mean, they didn't stick it. The barber isn't sticking you. But yeah, when you when your adrenaline is running, you'd be surprised.
Speaker 4: How many medics were backstage medics.
Speaker 2: Oh they have, they have two full time doctors.
Speaker 1: Just too had to be some cocaine involvement.
Speaker 6: Okay, it had to be for me. Never really tell you. You don't teach the kids for cocaine anymore back in the eighties. Yeah, it's very prevalent. But I don't. I never hear of any cocaine news in our business. I'm not saying they don't, but it's certainly not done on the premises.
Speaker 2: The wellness policy.
Speaker 6: The w W has, it's stricter than actually it's probably stricter than the NFL.
Speaker 2: And I'm sure.
Speaker 6: Tony has the same thing at the AW They can't afford someone, you.
Speaker 3: Know, overdosing. Yeah, absolutely, wow. Well, Rick Flair, we appreciate you. Thank you so much.
Speaker 4: Make sure you head out the comic con, get what you got to get, get these mint cards.
Speaker 1: And I can't wait to get a Rick Flair movie.
Speaker 6: Man, I know, guess what's coming down based on your book to be a Man? No, no, no, I can't tell you anymore. And I just got the word. The writer's trike is over.
Speaker 1: Wow. Okay, we get in this. We don't get a rick.
Speaker 3: Wow.
Speaker 2: This guy right, I can't say I can't say no more. Wow. I can't say anymore.
Speaker 3: All Right, it's the Breakfast Club.
Speaker 1: It's Rick Fly.
Speaker 3: I want to come back anytime, anytime.
Speaker 2: Wake that ass up in the morning. The Breakfast Club