Speaker 1: All right, here we are, Carla.
Speaker 2: You were all over the internet over the weekend, all over the gram, all over the gram, I should say, all over the grade. Anyway, you were in Vegas kicking it with Usher. You and Taj tell us about it. How was your birthday weekend?
Speaker 1: Oh?
Speaker 3: My birthday weekend was fantastic. You see my Usher sweatshirt from the concert his show, his Straight Fire.
Speaker 1: Y'all.
Speaker 3: If you go get to see Usher's Vegas residency at the Parking Gym, Grand and.
Speaker 1: Las Vegas, you are in for a treat.
Speaker 3: I mean, it's just amazing from start to finish, Straight Energy.
Speaker 1: Loved it. We had a good time, me and my husband. We gambled. Thank you.
Speaker 3: Shout out to Steve Harvey for my birthday. You.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that made it even more special.
Speaker 4: You tried to flex on the the other day and I said, you did Junior.
Speaker 1: I didn't do it.
Speaker 4: You ain't get nothing.
Speaker 1: Quote what I said? I said, like that you make sense?
Speaker 4: Ok No, no, no, okay? What tell us how you said?
Speaker 1: Okay, that happened? Can we get back please? But wwever you did it, you did it, Junior.
Speaker 3: I appreciate it because Steve accepted the challenge.
Speaker 1: Yes, yes, he shut me all the way up though. Did he roll skpe Carla? He did he roll escape? Then he had a little bobble.
Speaker 3: There was a pole and the pole that whole segment. Yes, off the chain. Yes, she's in shape. She is a woman standing omage. Yes, mail, yes, ma'ail. But anyway, you can follow me at Lipsbar Carlo. You can see all my birthday weekend recap on the ground.
Speaker 1: So that's it. Thank you, all right, Happy birthday, Thank you guys. That was cool, thank you.
Speaker 2: Huh all right, all right, moving on to what everybody what else everybody is talking about, and that's Jada Pinkett Smith's primetime special with Hoda Coadby that premiered on Friday night, and the Internet has been blazing with commentary.
Speaker 1: Abus huh, I didn't know that.
Speaker 2: She was just much yeah yeah yeah, yeah yeah yeah yeah. She talked about her new book Worthy. She's promoting that her new book. It's on sale tomorrow. She revealed a lot of things about her life, her marriage that made the Internet trolls call her pay attention to me tour.
Speaker 1: Wow.
Speaker 2: Jada revealed that she and her husband Will Will Smith, of course, have been separated since twenty sixteen, and she made a promise that there will never be a reason for them to get a divorce, and she's been unable to break that promise, so they decided to live apart but remain married. Jada has shared that as a teenager she sold crack and when she was nineteen years old, she had her door kicked in.
Speaker 4: Ja sold no damn cracked.
Speaker 1: I'm telling you what Jada said. You get the book, the book called Worthy. You better get the book on Yes, she said when.
Speaker 4: She was d soul crack wat little video cracked it is she is paying y'all need to.
Speaker 1: Go on in what year in the eighties, but when she was ninety cracked.
Speaker 2: When she was nineteen, she also said that she had her door kicked in and two guns were held to her head. And the final straw that got everyone's uh eye side eying, side eyeing Jada was when she said that Tupac asked her to marry him when he was at Riker's Island in prison, and she said, in her opinion that Tuba wanted to marry her to clean up this mad boy image came.
Speaker 4: On that how you gonna clean up your bad boy you in prison? What did you say she did before that?
Speaker 3: Did?
Speaker 2: She's so crack? And then too, she had two guns pointed at her head when her and her door was kicked in.
Speaker 4: Okay, Kim Kardashian got tied up in the bathtub in Paris.
Speaker 1: In Paris, it was a robbery. Yeah, we all knew about that.
Speaker 4: Where come from in the inside your head?
Speaker 1: So you're not, you're not. It's in the book, Steve. She's so cracked. You know what. My uncle may have boss of her.
Speaker 2: Junior. Your family strikes again.
Speaker 1: To you right now.
Speaker 3: From Jada though he wrote trucks.
Speaker 4: And I heard they got this real little bit of crack. Get some hoods, man, she got the good stuff. I'm going to get us some JC. Let's go, Jada.
Speaker 1: What okay? Do you know that young girl? She up to? She up there, set it off, set it off, was sitting it all off.
Speaker 2: After that, it's all in the book Worthy, which comes out tomorrow, like I said, now Saturday. Also over the weekend, Will Smith send an email to The New York Times to address all of Jada's claims in her book. Will's email stated, quote, when you've been with someone for more than half of your life, A sort of emotional blindness sets in, and you can all too easily lose your sensitivity to their hidden nuances and subtle beauty. Will added that Jada's revelations kind of woke him up. Then on Sunday, Will posted a video of himself sleeping on a boat while his phone continuously sounded off in the background, and a voiceover on the video is saying fun fact about me, I can take a nap almost anywhere, and the caption read notifications off back.
Speaker 3: To the hawk imprison at Rikers.
Speaker 1: Wasn't he married? It's the most stuff we need. Yeah, it's a lot, It's a lot. It's a lot. I'm not buying this book.
Speaker 2: I'm going up at twenty minutes after the hour. Guess what today is, Steve. It's National Boss Day and we'll talk about our worst bosses ever. Right after this, you're listening Morning Show