Speaker 1: So this is embarrassing.
Speaker 2: Had to show my husband that we had a podcast yesterday and how to download it. So, Michael, Honey, if you're listening, welcome to the podcast time. Oh and don't forget to follow the podcast too, all right, the show starts now, not.
Speaker 3: Too long ago on this very show.
Speaker 4: Yeah, a ginger haired, nine toed orphan virgin man boy made history. He did, or at least he attempted to by eating nothing but taco bell for an entire month.
Speaker 1: He's in my personal history book for it.
Speaker 3: It was none other than our technical director.
Speaker 5: Asht Yeah. I was so proud of you. Still.
Speaker 4: We posted all of the videos online and pictures of his incredible journey and did he go viral?
Speaker 3: No, not even close.
Speaker 1: I just don't get it.
Speaker 4: But he did get something more important than fame and fortune from it. He earned our respect that he did, and that's what why he came to our producer recently and said, you know what, I want to throw my hat in the ring again, all right and launched towards fame. And that's when we decided to start a brand new campaign to make Ashton great again. Mega if you will, the only time anybody has ever used.
Speaker 1: That acronym and a headache.
Speaker 4: If you're wondering how how will Ashton become great again? While he has agreed to do this on the week leading up to Halloween, there will be a bowl filled with mystery pieces of paper on. Some of them will be tricks on, others will be trees. It's no matter what Ashton sees on those notes, he will do it for five straight days and finally become Maga's use. Sorry, I'm just trying to use it around. Are you saying you're not pro Maga? I heard.
Speaker 1: Started that very anti.
Speaker 4: Well, make sure you're following us at Brooke and Jeffrey to watch Ashton possibly go viral this time, but probably not.
Speaker 1: I do for him. Our producer is sick and twisted.
Speaker 3: Yes, you got to go big if you want to go maggot.
Speaker 4: So now let's get into our shock collar question of the day.
Speaker 6: Ashton's going to be.
Speaker 4: Amazing, but now we're gonna send it over to somebody who's always amazing, our digital Jake.
Speaker 7: Before we start this trivia, I prepared a statement that I definitely composed myself, and nobody pre wrote for me.
Speaker 8: Jake.
Speaker 7: Today is National Boss's Day and everybody loves their boss, but especially me Digital Jake. I can't believe we only get one day year to celebrate the great, fearlesslyaders that run this wonderful company. We are all so lucky to have such fantastic bosses, and I personally would not be the man I am today without the guidance and mentoring I received from them each and every day. The end of note period, that was.
Speaker 4: So well spoken. Good job.
Speaker 7: I definitely did this under my own free will. Let's get into a one and done. Bosses are great and we should respect them because work is so fun.
Speaker 4: Shot collar question of the day, pray.
Speaker 6: Texting it.
Speaker 7: We'll start with Brooke Brook. Michael Scott is known as the regional manager of dunder Mifflin Paper Company and ABC's the Office. But before he found his calling in stationary, Michael worked as what was it? A A rewind care associate at Blockbuster, be a hot tub lifeguard at a senior living FACI, or see a greeter at men's warehouse.
Speaker 5: Those are all.
Speaker 1: Such good options. Do you guys remember was there an episode about this? I'm sure I got it's a whole episode about Well.
Speaker 4: No, it's one of his little talking head pieces. He describes what he did at that job.
Speaker 1: Why do I feel like it's the men's warehouse?
Speaker 2: Like I feel like I remember something about the men's warehouse, But it could just be a more present thing where he went to a men's warehouse.
Speaker 6: Because he wears different.
Speaker 1: Black Buster wine.
Speaker 2: I'm gonna eliminate because it sounds like something Jake would say.
Speaker 1: I'm gonna go Men's warehouse. I'm gonna go with my gut.
Speaker 7: Brook went with Greeter at Men's warehouse.
Speaker 1: That is y.
Speaker 7: He worked a men's warehouse and then later on he buys a woman's suit for himself. Brooks one for one. We're going over to Jeffrey. Jeff you might not know this, but our own Brook Fox was a boss at one point in her life.
Speaker 4: Oh that's not surprisingly.
Speaker 7: She was heavy handed and rolled over her underlings with threats of fear and reduced wages.
Speaker 3: Okay, that sounds right.
Speaker 7: What was she the boss of? Was it a the Spirit Lake, Idaho Babysitting Club, b the Video Production checkout at the University of Montana, or c substitute boss for a day at Burger Haven when her real boss, Trudy Fingerloo was hungover and couldn't make it into word.
Speaker 2: Sorry that correg Heaven lies on Burger Hell.
Speaker 4: See the fact that she had to like make that clear makes me feel like it wasn't true with the Burger Heaven place.
Speaker 1: Because it was annoying. He said it wrong.
Speaker 3: I'm cutting it out.
Speaker 4: Also, babysitter Brooke notoriously not a fan of babies.
Speaker 5: All the time.
Speaker 4: Not a fan of babies, not now, not ever. So I'm gonna go with video production boss at Montana University.
Speaker 1: I did not go to It's okay.
Speaker 7: So Jeffery went with video production checked out at the University of Montana. That is, as we all know, No one two for two though, It's Jose's turn.
Speaker 4: Jose.
Speaker 7: Shortly after being voted out of the company, he started Apple Computers. Steve Jobs immediately tried his hand at what job? Was it a a civilian astronaut? What b an it helper at his daughter's middle school? Or see a nightclub owner.
Speaker 4: I could totally see him like raving in one of his turtleneck sweaters at the nightclub, get really hot in there.
Speaker 9: I don't know too much about him. All I know is generically I heard you was a real ale.
Speaker 1: Yeah, not really great relationship with his daughter.
Speaker 6: So civilian astronaut. All billionaires want to.
Speaker 1: Be that, right, isn't that now?
Speaker 6: Though maybe not back then?
Speaker 4: Well, he was the og probably that wanted to do it first, and then everybody stole his idea.
Speaker 9: Never see him be a nightclub owner. Here's my logic about the middle school.
Speaker 6: You got voted out of the.
Speaker 9: Company, but I'm assuming he got paid. Wouldn't you want to just be around your family more?
Speaker 3: No, I think if you like your family.
Speaker 6: Thanks to Brook, I'm going nightclub owner.
Speaker 7: Bro Jose said nightclub owner. That is, he immediately applied to NASA to be a civilian astronaut even quicker. They rejected him, right and Basels made it in Alexis, it's your turning you receive per the bosses? Absolutely no, Alexis which of these famous recording artists is commonly known by their nickname the Boss? Is it A Diana Ross aka Boss Ross?
Speaker 8: Is it B.
Speaker 7: John Denver or is it C. Bruce Springsteen.
Speaker 5: I have no idea. You don't know whose second person is.
Speaker 6: I know who it is.
Speaker 1: You don't know who John.
Speaker 5: Denver is a singer. Take Me Home.
Speaker 1: County Road, that's on your car.
Speaker 5: Okay, well, Boss doesn't really like a country nickname. Didn't even say that an accident, like, No, I'm not about I guess I don't think he was the first one. So we're going Bruce Springsteen.
Speaker 7: I don't know his name. O, Alexi said Bruce Springsteen. That is.
Speaker 1: All right.
Speaker 4: Everybody got theirs ride except for Jose, So Jose will be taking the shock. And somebody wanted to hear everybody Backstreet's back by the Backstreet Boys.
Speaker 9: All right, everybody, Yeah, that's your collar.
Speaker 8: Question of the day, freaking Jeffrey in the Morning.
Speaker 4: Alexis pop quiz? Are people who are born in Puerto Rico considered US citizens?
Speaker 8: Oh?
Speaker 5: No, I don't know, is it? Oh? I know the Fifty States song, and Puerto Rico is not in it.
Speaker 4: It's not a state. So no, Remember you have to answer in the form of a question.
Speaker 5: Okay, perfect, Then then I'm switching it based on people.
Speaker 1: Yes, they are US citizens in the form.
Speaker 6: Of a question.
Speaker 4: Yes, yes, Puerto Ricans are USA.
Speaker 1: Yes.
Speaker 3: Stop stop it's Brooke and Jeffary in the morning.
Speaker 4: But and you got it. Yeah, I mean. In a recent poll, though, they found less than half of Americans know that Puerto Rico is part of the U.
Speaker 8: S A.
Speaker 1: There's other territories too, not to.
Speaker 4: Confuse Alexis anymore than she already is. That's why Puerto Rico just announced they're changing their official driver's licenses to add us A right on the front, because they're encountering so many issues while traveling on the mainland. Whenever they do, airline employees and rental car places and even bars have been rejecting Puerto Rican driver's licenses and asking them to show valid idso the.
Speaker 2: People that are paid to check the IDs don't know this.
Speaker 4: They are one hundred percent as valid as any state ID that's out there, by the way, But still some people don't think adding USA to the license is going to make any difference. Previous versions featured an image of the American flag on the front, and that still wasn't enough to remind Americans that they're part of the US.
Speaker 2: Well, maybe they're just gonna have to wear red, rotten blue shirts all all the time.
Speaker 1: Cowboy hat.
Speaker 4: It's so America geography. We don't know, we don't, but we do stories with big lasers for super fun time.
Speaker 1: Yay, come next, does it have valid idea.
Speaker 6: You know, no, bring passport is Laser Stories.
Speaker 4: We'll do it next.
Speaker 5: Good job.
Speaker 4: It's the radio segment that was making a killing in the real estate business, selling open concept floor plans until people realized he didn't include a roof. Oh but embrace nature people, that's.
Speaker 1: What he says, bring me outdoors in.
Speaker 4: It gets yours with Laser Stories, their segment where we read weird news stories around the globe, just like everyone else does, except we've got a laser. Those other can kickers just don't. This first laser story is out of wedding worlds. A couple from Germany dreamed of having their ultimate ceremony, but their dream was different than most. They had their hearts set on having a United States themed wedding in the good old USA.
Speaker 6: Wow, that would actually be kind of fun.
Speaker 2: It's always scary to see what other people in other countries think of ESA themes.
Speaker 6: I'm assuming it's like a white trash wedding.
Speaker 4: It was their, so Mike and Kathy Holler booked their flights from their hometown of.
Speaker 3: Munich, Germany.
Speaker 4: Invited twenty three friends and family along, and they all traveled to the most US spot that they could find. Croswell, Michigan.
Speaker 1: Now, yeah, yeah, right, Atlanta.
Speaker 4: Why that spot, Well, there's a little white church there, like they've seen on countless American Hallmark films. And after they said I do, they then jumped into their American Ford Mustang convertible and drove straight to McDonald Elvis Wiggs too. They celebrated their love by sharing the cheeseburger fries, McNuggets, and Coca Colas, and were even joined by the fast food chains mascot Grimace.
Speaker 1: See they got it all wrong.
Speaker 2: If they wanted a good United States wedding, they just have to pay sixty thousand dollars for it.
Speaker 3: Well, the couple and all their guests were gifted a bunch of.
Speaker 4: Mickey d swang Oh my gosh and ask for the newlyweds. Kathy said, I think when someone asked me about my favorite part of the wedding, one of the first things that'll come up is McDonald's. The experience we had there was so unique and special. The next time I see the Golden Arches, I will think of the best day of the pipeline.
Speaker 1: Don't laugh at her, like it's just such a funny thing.
Speaker 4: The couple plans to continue their honeymoon on the road in the US, including a stop at a Washington, d C.
Speaker 3: Walmart.
Speaker 4: No word on if they'll hit up the Lincoln Memorial, but they say they would like to find a cracker barrel and a hobby lobby if they have time.
Speaker 6: To get robbed and our trip is complete, good luck.
Speaker 4: Let's go to your next Lazer story. Out of you guessed it, Let's go the United States. Bob Benyo is a wealthy dude, and not too long ago, he gave his wife a special anniversary gift, a Twilight Purple twenty sixteen Rolls Royce Rolls roy that's crazy. Yeah, it's worth around two hundred thousand dollars and there were only six of them in the whole country. And that's why when two people followed his wife home and stole the car from her, oh, he knew he had to get it back.
Speaker 2: This is what would happen if Grimmis won the lottery, he'd buy this car.
Speaker 10: You know.
Speaker 4: He worked with law enforcement, so he calmed through surveillance footage, but was getting absolutely nowhere. And that's why he knew he had to take matters into his own hands. And luckily he owned the perfect business for it, a sky banner company.
Speaker 8: Oh dude.
Speaker 2: Cool.
Speaker 3: So he flew a banner behind a plane that.
Speaker 4: Read stolen Purple Rolls Royce five thousand dollars reward with the phone number attached, and sure enough, wouldn't you know it, the tips started flooding then love it. Bob received three hundred and ten calls and messages in total. He said about one hundred were legitimate tips, with people telling him that they'd seen the car somewhere, and that's when he got the breakthrough call. A woman named Faye informed him it was being offered for rent on a car rental app.
Speaker 1: Oh that's really out there for the car.
Speaker 6: You're gonna use this?
Speaker 11: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Yeah, I did use it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, okay, well I can say a car.
Speaker 4: After that, cops were able to track down the car outside an Airbnb and take it back.
Speaker 1: Wow.
Speaker 4: Police are still looking for the criminals that stole it, though, but Bob was good on his word and did pay Fae the five thousand dollars reward.
Speaker 6: That's awesome.
Speaker 2: Anyone else like shocked that you can make that much money where you're buying Rolls Royce with an air playing banter company.
Speaker 5: That's wild to me.
Speaker 4: This next Slazer story is out of Florida again. A math teacher got in trouble after screening a Winnie the Pooh flick for fourth graders.
Speaker 3: And no, not.
Speaker 4: Because Pooh walks around with no pants song. Okay, it's because he made them watch Winnie the Pooh Blood and Hunt.
Speaker 3: The live action horror film that came out recently.
Speaker 1: Did he not know, Oh my god, maybe you just keep it on.
Speaker 2: You're like, oh, I'm sure it's gonna get to the cube part soon.
Speaker 4: It's an unrated movie, but clearly not suitable for nine year old because Pooh and Piglet are bloodthirsty murderers in it. Sore. Why did it happen? In his defense, he says, he asked the kids what they wanted to watch, and they picked it.
Speaker 1: He's a teacher, he should know better.
Speaker 4: But when some of them asked him to turn it off, he didn't do it. They were watching it for almost thirty minutes.
Speaker 1: Today, you ask for this, kids.
Speaker 4: It happened at a school called the Academy for Innovative Education.
Speaker 2: That stood up to its names and as a charter school, they decide on who they can hire and fire and it sounds like this teacher is keeping his job.
Speaker 4: Oh wow, Okay, but some of the parents are angry and say their kids came home traumatized.
Speaker 8: Yeah that.
Speaker 4: Do you want to hear the story of the Christopher Robin and how we went missing? Let's go to your next lazer story Out of autumn, HQ. This is a creepy time of year. Evenings getting a little cooler and darker, and Halloween decorations are up all over the place. So is this a good time to ask if your house is haunted?
Speaker 1: That guy likes it.
Speaker 4: There's a brand new survey that found forty two percent of people say they have felt a paranormal presence inside their home, or at least something or someone they couldn't see.
Speaker 2: Oh my god, did our studio door just open on its own?
Speaker 6: Out here?
Speaker 4: Seven percent have heard unexplained sounds like footsteps or voices, and eighteen percent claim they've actually seen apparitions or ghostly figures.
Speaker 2: Sad one, it sounds like moany myrtle from Harry Potter.
Speaker 1: I grew up in a haunted house of Brooks.
Speaker 3: It's lunch, that's what that.
Speaker 12: Oh.
Speaker 4: So, despite all of that, only sixteen percent of people actually think their home is really haunted, although that might not be a huge deal. Twenty four percent of people say they would buy a house that's haunted if the price was right.
Speaker 2: Oh, for sure, I could live with a couple of ghosts. Yes, have you seen housing prices, Give me a cheap one.
Speaker 1: Have you seen horror movies?
Speaker 9: Yeah, it works like you can just die and live in the house for ever.
Speaker 4: Besides, they usually haunt the children.
Speaker 1: Yeah, thank you.
Speaker 4: I know one guy who says his place is haunted from three ghostly souls of the past. And if you're wondering that shoe soles that he's talking about an old Nike, Adidas and leebox. The stories is over for the day.
Speaker 3: We'll do it again at the same time on Wednesday.
Speaker 8: Brooking Jeffrey in the morning.
Speaker 4: It's crazy. It doesn't matter how long I've been doing radio, for every single time I hear my own voice coming through the speakers, I cringe. I don't know why, but everybody is kind of like that. There's just something about hearing yourself talk that's unnerving.
Speaker 1: Outside of your head.
Speaker 6: Yeah, it's when you're listening.
Speaker 4: In fact, I need to take my headphones off right I don't want to hear myself, okay, And it's like even if you're not saying anything embarrassing at all. And again, we've been doing this for years and we're not used to it. So just imagine what it must be like to hear your voice for the first time on the radio saying something super awkward in a voicemail for a person that gave you.
Speaker 3: A fake phone.
Speaker 1: That makes me feel.
Speaker 4: We know how it feels, and we are with you.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but I'm still going to laugh at what you said. Okay, because we're going to.
Speaker 4: Play a brand new batch of messages from the Loser Line.
Speaker 3: It's coming up.
Speaker 8: Wait a minute, is this the right number? It's the Loser Line.
Speaker 4: Goodby, just call me back if you haven't heard the Loser Line before. It works like this. Let's say someone approaches you while you're out at the club and uses this charming pickup line on you.
Speaker 13: Excuse me, young lady, but are you a freshly forged medieval broad sword by chance? Because you're hot and kind of heavy and I want to hammer you in your shape.
Speaker 2: Yeah, the heavy part, Okay.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it's whatever you do. Don't time to explain his lame king Arthur joke instead, tell me should call you sometime and hopefully he leaves an awkward voicemail that we can play on the air.
Speaker 14: Voicemails like this one.
Speaker 11: Hey, Leslie, it's a listen.
Speaker 10: I mentioned it to you a few times, But now I gotta take this test for the CPR closs that I'm doing, and I was thinking about it rather than use you know, somebody that you know, I know that might be skinnier or something, since you're a pretty sturdy gal, this is what I'm thinking.
Speaker 11: How about we go for coffee. After coffee, will go stop at the market.
Speaker 10: I'll grab some hot dogs so you can kind of choke on them, you know, realistically. Now I'll get behind you and I'll give you the Hemelick maneuver and hopefully it'll come right out. So if that's, you know, kind of a date that you're thinking about, I would really appreciate it you gave me a call because I really think, you know, I could save lives with this and we can also have fun. Give me a call and let me know I'm pretty much open whenever you want and let her in station lives.
Speaker 2: Oh my god, I just see him on that day Why are you chewing so much?
Speaker 4: You're not a lot of guys are that proactive though, where they're going to plan a date, buy your dinner, make your choke on purpose, and then immediately swoop in to save your life.
Speaker 1: You know, though, it's interesting.
Speaker 2: You know, my mom was an EMT for fourteen years. She never got to do the hemwick and she always wanted to.
Speaker 1: She always said, girls, if you're choking, just let me know. I'm really excited.
Speaker 8: To try it.
Speaker 4: I never thought of the hemwik as four pound, but finally I do.
Speaker 12: Next method, Hi, Jonas, I had a really good time at the bar with you the other day.
Speaker 11: Thank you for the tree. I know you said that you're a dermatologist. That's super cool.
Speaker 12: And I think that I could just use like your magic skin and care cut like for example, I sort of had a little bit of an oopsy moment yesterday I used some spray paint and now excu white tree bark. I don't know, I feel like you'd know what to do, So give me a call and thank you in a dance.
Speaker 8: Next method, Wait.
Speaker 1: Is that the same self tender you use?
Speaker 2: Alexis spray paint Industrial level spray paint no, no.
Speaker 1: No, but dting a dermatologist.
Speaker 5: I've never thought about that.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, connection, Oh my god. I think she could just go talk to home Depot about getting.
Speaker 6: Yeah, that's it.
Speaker 4: But by the way, if you're looking for skincare advice, oh why don't you head on over to Brook and Jeffrey on TikTok.
Speaker 8: Do we do that?
Speaker 4: Alexis has a full tutorial that includes pictures of her disastrous twenty twenty two aka the Year of the Bad keem Peel. But good news is if she's past that now, So go there and hear her inspiring story of survival and being away from the bars for almost two whole weeks.
Speaker 3: Correctly, we are proud of that girl.
Speaker 4: You'll find all of that along with our favorite loser lines of the week on there. That's Brooke and Jeffrey on TikTok. Now, let's get back to our clips next.
Speaker 15: Hey, Chidney, what's up? The guy from Tinder? Must have been a glitch. We didn't match, but I hit you up on LinkedIn, Instagram, thread, Twitter, snapchat, in discord. I was happy you finally gave me your number. I don't know, I don't know what to deal with that. App is I should have matched up a long time ago. Uh, listen, like we should we should meet up soon. I think that would be I think that'd be cool. Seven times a charm right, finally happening. So clearly I'm a good looking guy, you're a good looking girl.
Speaker 11: So they's seem.
Speaker 14: Meant to be.
Speaker 15: I think it's uh, I think we're going to be magic together.
Speaker 11: Hit me up.
Speaker 6: So cringe.
Speaker 2: Oh God, he'd better be good looking because that personality is not anything for him.
Speaker 3: That was a shining person.
Speaker 5: Guess not.
Speaker 1: He's on threads. I didn't know people were still doing that.
Speaker 4: This is the reason that they keep coming out with all these new social media apps, so that people can get away and start a new social circle without being follow Think about it.
Speaker 9: If your creep has already been blocked on four, let's add three more.
Speaker 4: Yeah, you can't block you from every single app out there.
Speaker 1: One of the she's trying to work next.
Speaker 11: Hey, Kevin, it's listen.
Speaker 16: I had a great time the other night, and we can stage a car accident where you would hit me. Not really, of course, I have a friend who can.
Speaker 10: Look like an accident, my ex brother in law.
Speaker 7: We can take some pictures together.
Speaker 16: I can make my room, one of my rooms in my house look like a hospital bed and put those up on social media and it can really make you look like a good guy. You get all the love and then you give me money, and it's kind of like an even trade. You could do that, right, You've got the money, and I'm glad that you likes be enough to give me your phone number, so talk to you soon.
Speaker 4: I don't understand the plan, whatever it is, it sounds hot to me. Oh, run me over with your car and you collect the insurance mark.
Speaker 2: Okay, it's good that you leave that information on when you're doing a legal activity on a voicemail.
Speaker 1: It's always well, it's always pretty legit.
Speaker 6: Technically insurance saved for the second day.
Speaker 4: Yes, But however, you can listen to Loser Line regularly at this time every week, and make sure you subscribe to the Brook and Jeffery YouTube channel where you can listen to every Loser Line second day and phone tap we do.
Speaker 3: It's right there. We got a brand new phone tap coming up.
Speaker 8: Next, Brook and Jeffrey in the Morning.
Speaker 4: A new poll found that thirty percent of adults in this country are at least somewhat superstitious.
Speaker 6: Oh, I can see that.
Speaker 4: And there's not a bigger day for those fears to come out than on Friday the thirteen.
Speaker 3: We just so happened to get an email from a guy who said his.
Speaker 4: Coworker takes that day very very seriously. Oh guy, In fact, he won't even leave his house on the day, and so he's arranged to get off work because of it. But that's about to change, and I predict he's going to be very shocked with the project that Brook is requiring him.
Speaker 3: To come into work to do.
Speaker 4: And that just so happens to fall on Friday the thirty.
Speaker 7: We're gonna do it.
Speaker 3: Oh god, God, it's coming up in your phone. Tast It's a terrible.
Speaker 4: Lot right now. The twenties.
Speaker 1: Hello, Hi, is this Toby.
Speaker 11: It is Hi Toby.
Speaker 1: My name's Grace. Your boss Garrett wanted.
Speaker 17: Me to call.
Speaker 11: Oh hi, how can I help?
Speaker 2: Well, Garrett had a family situation come up, so corpor asked me to switch locations and fill in for him.
Speaker 11: So, oh, no, is everything okay?
Speaker 1: Yeah, I think it'll be just fine.
Speaker 2: I am calling though, because I was going through the schedule and I see that you requested tomorrow.
Speaker 11: Off, yes, that's correct.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, because of the situation with Garrett, we are a little shorthanded.
Speaker 1: So we're gonna need you to come in.
Speaker 5: Okay.
Speaker 18: Well I did put the request in and it was already approved, so I yeah, I don't know if I'm gonna be able to make it in though.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 2: No, See, things change and now you have to come in and do your job.
Speaker 18: Sorry, it's not really about not wanting to do my job by any means.
Speaker 11: It's just more I just had plans in the day. You know. I already got it approved.
Speaker 1: So I know you did, but not by me because I wasn't here.
Speaker 2: So you know, tomorrow's a real important day for us over at the shoe building.
Speaker 18: You know about that, right, Yeah, I know about the building, but I don't know about anything important going on.
Speaker 2: Oh well, you're going to come in and you're gonna help because they're putting in a real exciting contemporary art piece in the lobby.
Speaker 1: We just need our best people to supervise.
Speaker 11: What are they doing.
Speaker 2: Oh they're hanging umbrellas from the ceiling.
Speaker 11: Umbrellas.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, picture this.
Speaker 2: You know that lobby's huge, right, just hanging right over your head.
Speaker 1: Forty open, colorful.
Speaker 11: Umbrellas inside the building.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, I wouldn want to put it outside. That wouldn't make much sense.
Speaker 18: Well, I don't understand why you need me there exactly.
Speaker 2: Well, there's gonna be a bunch of workers with very tall ladders, as you can imagine, and we're just gonna need you to get under there and make sure they're secure.
Speaker 1: Just hold their ladders really brace it.
Speaker 18: So you guys are hanging large umbrellas inside with big ladders, and you want people to stand underneath it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, not everybody, just you.
Speaker 11: I mean, do you know what tomorrow is.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, it's our strategy meeting.
Speaker 18: No no, no, no, no, okay no, oh yeah.
Speaker 19: It's Friday the thirteenth, and you're trying to do all these things like hanging umbrellas and I'm not doing that.
Speaker 11: I'm not comfortable doing that. That scares me. That's why I took the day off.
Speaker 1: Wait, you're not superstitious, are you.
Speaker 19: I mean, I'm superstitious enough to not stand underneath the ladder, like on the worst day of the year to do that, Toby.
Speaker 1: If you don't show up, we're gonna lose thousands of dollars.
Speaker 19: Yeah, but if I do show up, I can lose my life.
Speaker 2: Toby, You're not the one on the ladder. You're just securing them, you know, and we're just hoping that nothing goes wrong.
Speaker 1: Knock on wood, right.
Speaker 19: You know about knocking on wood, but you don't know about standing underneath.
Speaker 11: Ladders on Friday thirteenth.
Speaker 1: It was just all a coincidence.
Speaker 14: Nothing to do with coincidences. See, this is why I had to take the day off.
Speaker 11: I'm not comfortable coming in.
Speaker 1: Oh wow, would I ever have known that?
Speaker 2: Oh?
Speaker 1: Fa as Morelda?
Speaker 4: What's that?
Speaker 5: Why bringing you to work tomorrow?
Speaker 8: Baby?
Speaker 11: Don't Is that a cat?
Speaker 4: Oh?
Speaker 1: Such a needy cat. She's always at weird this time of year?
Speaker 11: Is what color? What color is that cat?
Speaker 1: Why does that matter?
Speaker 7: You know why it matters?
Speaker 2: Lady?
Speaker 7: What color is that?
Speaker 6: Nother one?
Speaker 2: I dropped my hand mirror again? Oh come on, man, now my second hand mirror.
Speaker 11: I know what's going on? Okay, who's doing this?
Speaker 1: Things are a little crazy around here, don't you think?
Speaker 11: I think this whole thing is crazy?
Speaker 19: You want to do things on the thirteenth day of the month, on a Friday. No, less, you have a black cat, you're breaking mirrors, want me to underneath ladders.
Speaker 2: No, my cat's actually Siamese. But I'm Brook from the show Broke and Jeffrey in the morning. We're doing a phone tap on you wait what Sorry, it's.
Speaker 5: All a joke. Your coworker Bruno set you up.
Speaker 11: Bruno.
Speaker 2: He told us all about how you're so superstitious that you're taking tomorrow off.
Speaker 14: Oh my god, for good reason.
Speaker 19: Clearly, I was thinking, like, of course they're going to be doing some big projects with umbrellas opening up inside and want me to stand underneath ladders.
Speaker 14: That's why I took the day off.
Speaker 2: O Jory, Oh my god, esmrella will be walking right behind you, back and forth.
Speaker 1: Nothing goes wrong, it's not happening.
Speaker 8: Wake up. Every morning was phone tap weekday morning twenties, Brook and Jeffrey in the morning.
Speaker 4: One of the most stressful parts of a first date and Dab with me if you feel this too, is right after it.
Speaker 6: Ends my hand.
Speaker 4: I'm talking about the moment right after it's over, once the initial high from the evening starts to wear off, and suddenly you're left with your own thoughts going over every possible mistake from the night and you're questioning that I hold the four queer? Did my breath smell? Okay? Were my clothes too easily removed? I mean, the tear away tuxedo was not a good idea so much, Crow, But one of our listeners found a genius way to stop yourself from overthinking it because he came across a checklist of four signs that you went on a great first date. Okay, and it might actually help every person listening. You're gonna hear them when we do your brand new second date update. Okay, next second date update?
Speaker 3: How soon is too soon to ask someone to move.
Speaker 4: In with you?
Speaker 1: WHOA, that's a huge question.
Speaker 4: Is the first twenty minutes of a date too early?
Speaker 1: I'm gonna go out on a limb there, Jeff and say.
Speaker 4: Yes, wow, Judge, Okay, Okay. That has nothing to do with our listener, Corey in his date. It's just a personal question that I've been having for myself. But I'm curious to your horst thoughts on it. Corey. And your opinion is twenty minutes too early to hand someone the keys to your apartment?
Speaker 11: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Why Corey?
Speaker 4: Yeah, just trying to get an idea of the type of dater you are. Are you a snails paced type of guy or jumping to love quickly?
Speaker 6: Feel like he's got twenty four minutes?
Speaker 4: Okay, yeah, you like to play it medium, gotcha? But uh, tell us about the date that you went on recently. Who's the girl you met?
Speaker 11: I met a girl named Melanie, Okay, and honestly, she's like the prettiest girl I've ever gone out with.
Speaker 4: Oh man, I must feel good.
Speaker 11: I don't know, and dating is hard, I mean, yeah, a lot. I don't meet people easy. So I tried these apps and I think most of them don't work. But I did get to talking to Melanie and she has curly blonde hair, and she's like the perfect height.
Speaker 1: What is the perfect tight? I'm just curious for you.
Speaker 6: Different for everyone, you know, like five three? Yeah that's perfect.
Speaker 11: And I really liked that she didn't have fake eyelashes.
Speaker 6: Not perfect anymore.
Speaker 1: Yeah, those can be a.
Speaker 11: Lot because I just think, you know, the fake eyelashes are just a big red flag that about you so far.
Speaker 4: Or you may not know this, but Alexis does have giant fake eyelashes that she wears into work every single day.
Speaker 1: What's the red flag?
Speaker 11: About him, they're fake and like, but I just like a girl to be like her natural self, you know, as highlights, because no.
Speaker 3: Let's just see physical stuff. Tell us about the date that you went on. Where did you take her?
Speaker 11: Well? I found a neat place to go to dinners because I thought, you know, we'd had some good food and talk and I thought everything had gone well. And then I got uncomfortable. I wasn't sure, so I googled, like, how do you know if you had the perfect date?
Speaker 1: Is this after we dealt with the date when you're googling or.
Speaker 3: You're googling this at the table?
Speaker 11: Yeah? Yeah, like the next day, okay.
Speaker 3: The next day you were unsure how it really went.
Speaker 11: So there were four questions and I went through them. So like the first one says was I comfortable? And and I was like, you know, I had a really good chair, so I was physically comfortable what that.
Speaker 6: Means emotionally comfortable.
Speaker 1: Sharing right with her and being yourself.
Speaker 11: I would say, yes, I was not ten good. I mean I'm obviously a little nervous, but I thought I was comfortable.
Speaker 3: All right, So let's check on that one.
Speaker 11: And then the next one is did I laugh and I mean I never had like the huge Big Bang Theory kind of laugh, but I chuckled.
Speaker 4: You laugh big at the Big Bang Theory?
Speaker 14: Huh oh?
Speaker 11: Yeah, that show is a knee slapper.
Speaker 3: Yeah yeah, I don't know.
Speaker 1: Now you say that, I don't think that you've laughed with us once.
Speaker 3: I know we're not.
Speaker 6: Making any any Big Bang Theory.
Speaker 3: Yeah no, I just don't think we're funny.
Speaker 4: But you did laugh with her at all?
Speaker 11: He giggled, Well, yeah I did, and so I think that's a pass. I go check mark on that one.
Speaker 4: Okay, what's next?
Speaker 11: And then it's did she ask me any questions?
Speaker 10: Uh?
Speaker 1: Huh?
Speaker 11: So she did, Like I ordered chicken with no onions and she was like, wow, so you really don't like onions, And like, I mean she asked me other stuff too.
Speaker 4: It's deep. He wants to get to know you.
Speaker 1: Sounds like a big conversation.
Speaker 6: He's like, I don't answer those questions on the first date.
Speaker 4: Okay? Is that the whole list?
Speaker 11: There's one more and then the very last one was after the date, do you feel excited? And it's that excited means you want to sing a bop or dance or you call a friend and if you feel that way, don't worry about it. It'll be fine tomorrow. But and I did celtics excited like I did, and I called a friend and then but then tomorrow came and and she's not texting me back. No, I'm like, I'm excited, but maybe she isn't. I don't know what happened.
Speaker 2: Well, I mean you sound like a pretty analytical guy. Were you able to come off you think as natural and show off like some personality on the date?
Speaker 11: I mean, like, how would you do that?
Speaker 13: Like?
Speaker 11: What do you mean? I know?
Speaker 1: Did you like talk about your interests or make jokes? Were you self deprecating it all?
Speaker 2: I just think it's important to make some sort of emotional connection with someone.
Speaker 4: Did you bring any like flair to the date, like something a little bit out of the box. I've maybe tried the disappearing finger trick on her.
Speaker 1: Wait a minute, that's Claire would be one of those hand buzzers.
Speaker 11: We just had dinner. There was no fingers thing.
Speaker 4: I meant to do the fingers.
Speaker 1: Chicken with no onions. Is that not blair enough?
Speaker 9: She does the hand motion and she's like, where did your finger go?
Speaker 11: Oh?
Speaker 4: My goodness, that sparked something. So how long has it been since you and Melanie went on that date?
Speaker 11: It's been like five days?
Speaker 1: Okay, all right? And no response at all.
Speaker 11: Yeah, that's what I'm thinking. Maybe she didn't feel as excited as I did.
Speaker 1: Maybe Man, Brook is yawning.
Speaker 4: Brook can't stand to be on the phone.
Speaker 5: You can't see me, let.
Speaker 3: Anyway, you can tell Brooke is.
Speaker 4: Really invested in this. When we come back, we're gonna call Melan.
Speaker 1: Not you.
Speaker 16: Man.
Speaker 1: It's just early, that's all.
Speaker 4: We're gonna do our best for you, I promise when we try and get your second date update right after this.
Speaker 14: Okay, okay, anyone listening.
Speaker 13: To me now?
Speaker 4: Second date update. If only our man Corey would have brought his checklist along on the date with him instead of waiting until afterwards to do it.
Speaker 1: That would be a good idea.
Speaker 4: Well, then maybe they could have checked each other's boxes together.
Speaker 1: Maybe she's a box checker too.
Speaker 4: Could be because Corey says he doesn't date a lot, but he managed to lock down a dinner with a woman named Melanie.
Speaker 11: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Yeah, got confused for a second.
Speaker 4: But the thing about Melanie is she's our natural, no fake eyelashes, and the perfect height of five foot three. He couldn't think of any missteps or mistakes or missed opportunities that happened during the date. The only miss is him missing her after it's all over. So we're going to try and reconnect them. You're in just a second, Corey.
Speaker 14: How you feeling, Oh, well, nervous.
Speaker 2: You know, we conserated a lot on her, like physical appearance. What did you like about her personality?
Speaker 11: Yeah, I mean she's honestly, she's the best person I've gone out with.
Speaker 7: Oh, don't tell me much.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I feel like best. Why for a guy who's like looking for naturelle? You know, I don't know.
Speaker 4: Brooks was trying to figure out something that she can steal from you to put into her next anniversary card to her husband.
Speaker 1: Oh, she's trying to try to get the romance out of him. I see, I see.
Speaker 5: I like that.
Speaker 11: You know, I don't know. She's kind and she's nice and I like that about her.
Speaker 1: All right, So.
Speaker 4: Don't force Brooke to make you find things about her personality that you will if you like her for her looks.
Speaker 3: That's totally accepting.
Speaker 2: We're calling this person. It's good to know we're calling a kind, nice person. You know, this will make it go easier for us, even.
Speaker 6: Would we have been mean if they.
Speaker 1: Were not if they mean to us, absolutely and be mean back.
Speaker 4: Okay, Yeah, we're all going to put on our best, kind nice faces for this phone call and try and get you a second day.
Speaker 11: You ready, I think?
Speaker 18: So?
Speaker 11: All right?
Speaker 1: You got this, buddy, Here we go.
Speaker 20: Hello.
Speaker 4: Hey is this Melanie?
Speaker 3: Yes, Hey, Melanie? What's up? You're on the radio right now with Brooke and Jeffrey in the morning.
Speaker 1: Hye, hey, Melanie, how you doing the show?
Speaker 16: Okay?
Speaker 20: Okay, I know.
Speaker 4: Oh wait, what do you know?
Speaker 20: Oh my gosh, you can't believe you guys are calling me. I don't really know what's happening, but I did receive a text from minutes ago from Corey.
Speaker 1: He texted, Hey, what what did he say?
Speaker 20: He kind of just like warned me that no, you guys were going to do this.
Speaker 1: Yeah wait wait, wait wait wait you just ruined it.
Speaker 6: That's the whole point.
Speaker 2: I know.
Speaker 1: But that might be good for her.
Speaker 2: That shows that he cares about you and once did not like surprise you with these types.
Speaker 4: Of the supposed to give her a heads up.
Speaker 20: I don't know what's going on. I just he just told me, you guys are gonna call me.
Speaker 5: So okay, okay, that's all you said.
Speaker 4: So what we're doing here is called a second Date Update. That's where we try and help listeners who've been out on a date to figure out the reason why they're not getting a second meet up.
Speaker 11: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Apparently it's not because he had the wrong phone number. He said, you haven't texted him.
Speaker 3: Back in like five days.
Speaker 20: I haven't.
Speaker 1: Okay, Okay, that's okay.
Speaker 4: You're allowed to not call someone back. But it would help him if he could get a reason or figure out if something was wrong about the date because he's just unsure.
Speaker 20: Yeah, okay. So we were talking about TV and he got really really excited about a TV show and I'm like, okay, what is it? And he's like, it's an older TV show and I'm not even remembering what it was because I don't even know what it's all. And then he just said, Helen Hunt is so unappreciated.
Speaker 2: And I thought you were gonna say Big Bang Theory, because he brought up with us that he was a fan of Big Bang Theory.
Speaker 1: Helen Hunt, do you remember her.
Speaker 2: She was like a nineties actress that was in a bunch of sitcoms.
Speaker 20: You cannot bring big bank theory up. He brought a TV show I've never heard of, got very intense and animated. He got very very excited about it, used his hands a lot.
Speaker 2: But don't you kind of like, hi, when people dork out over things that they like, you know, he just he finally found something to show you that.
Speaker 20: Yeah, fun, It wasn't that. I honestly, I like a little bit more reserved men.
Speaker 1: I just do okay. So he was too excited.
Speaker 4: When we talked to him, he did not seem super high energy at all.
Speaker 1: Favorite TV show.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's a good pointed.
Speaker 4: He's too excited about Well, let's put that into the test, because I gotta let you know, Melanie that Corey is actually on the other line listening right now and wanting to talk to you.
Speaker 20: No he's not.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, that's how this works.
Speaker 1: That is wild, Corey.
Speaker 4: What do you think about what she said that you're too much for her, You're too animated?
Speaker 11: I am so I don't understand. Honestly, I was just trying to be nice and I thought I was probably boring I probably wasn't exciting enough at all.
Speaker 1: I'm glad he said it. I didn't want to say it, but like after your review of the date, that's what it sounded like to me too, waiting to say that I'm.
Speaker 4: Broke. Apparently you were wrong. Apparently he was way over the top exciting.
Speaker 11: This is confusing.
Speaker 4: Yeah, maybe you can help clear it up for him, Melanie, because I don't think it's matching with what you said.
Speaker 1: Are you sure you're remembering the right dude?
Speaker 11: You?
Speaker 6: Is it the right guy?
Speaker 20: Yeah? And you you are so nice. It was just a little too much for me. And that's it. I mean, with it right now. I mean, you put me on the radio.
Speaker 11: I can tone it back if you want.
Speaker 20: Yeah, I would like if you.
Speaker 2: Yeah, just hear how he said that, you'll be asleep if you tone it back anymore.
Speaker 11: I mean, I get it. I can get excited about things, but I like not to date me.
Speaker 20: Okay, well you know what, Yeah, you're telling a little crazy, So just suddle yourself.
Speaker 11: Right.
Speaker 4: Wait, you're saying right now, he's sounding crazy.
Speaker 20: He's getting a little whooked up. I can kind of hear it in his voice.
Speaker 4: Okay, maybe can you tone it down a little bit when you talk to her.
Speaker 6: Here happened?
Speaker 11: Okay, I've been told that. I'm sorry.
Speaker 1: I think this is the first time I tell you that.
Speaker 11: This is why dating so hard. You never know what people want.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean, I will say, Melanie.
Speaker 2: In Corey's defense, he's listening to you, he's taking in what you're he's not he's not even upset about what you said.
Speaker 20: I get that. I just for my personal preference, I just like don't want to be with somebody that's that animated and like so out of control like that.
Speaker 4: Maybe it's something that Corey can work on. He can take some classes or something.
Speaker 1: Before the date.
Speaker 6: He makes it sound like a cartoon.
Speaker 4: Care Corey, can you talk to her in a calm, controlled manner to prove to her that you're the man she wants you to be.
Speaker 11: I'm not sure I agree with what you said. I don't know that I need to be on medication or you're pushing back.
Speaker 1: Against No, I was joking. That was me, Corey. I was joking about being sedated.
Speaker 4: Well, now's your chance, Corey to talk to Melanie a little improved to her that you're the right guy.
Speaker 11: Melanie would be a little Quietermorry. Ok I just think you're really pretty.
Speaker 6: My head said, do you hear that melody?
Speaker 20: That's so sweet?
Speaker 4: What other calm things would you like to say to her?
Speaker 11: Okay? Can we try this again?
Speaker 4: Are you feeling the growth here already? Melanie? I think we're taking steps towards a calmer, more even keel version of Corey here.
Speaker 20: Well, I know that's what you're hearing, but you guys, that's not what I'm hearing.
Speaker 4: Okay, it's still too intense for you.
Speaker 1: How are you meeting men that are more calm than I know? I don't understand.
Speaker 20: Okay, this is my truth and I'm living in it.
Speaker 3: Yeah, bro, keep your judgments over there.
Speaker 4: It's fascinating, Melanie. We all respect you and what you want for yourself, that's totally up to you. But we would love to send you out on another date with Corey on our dime if you're up for it.
Speaker 14: If not, that's okay, please.
Speaker 20: You know, if they just get us off this air, we can try. We can try again.
Speaker 4: All right. Well, I want to be excited for you, Corey, but I feel like that would backfire against us. So this is good.
Speaker 11: Hooray don't test there.
Speaker 4: Let's let's try it a little try a little lighter, Corey. Hooray, congratulations Corey, You're now finally ready to date a real woman.
Speaker 6: Yeah.
Speaker 1: I feel like this is what would happen if MPR did second.
Speaker 8: Dates, I know, brooking Jeffrey in the morning.
Speaker 4: So if they actually do end up going out on a date and being a.
Speaker 1: Couple, are we making a bet right now?
Speaker 3: I'm just saying she is going to own him.
Speaker 4: Oh, he's okay with it though, totally sound desperate to do whatever it took to get into her good graces.
Speaker 1: It's what some men want.
Speaker 4: It's gonna be a situation where she's not only wearing the pants in the relationship, but the overcoat and the socks and the shoes too.
Speaker 3: She's in total control.
Speaker 4: And there's going to be a tiny little man quietly stirring a pot of soup in the corner.
Speaker 1: Is this your guys, this fantasy? You're no, I can't. I can't tell what you want.
Speaker 4: I think it's fantasy.
Speaker 3: That might not work for the average person.
Speaker 2: But hey, it's still a relationship and that means we're a success. What I'm saying we never said we guarantee a healthy relationship.
Speaker 1: We didn't guarantee partnerships.
Speaker 6: It's just a date.
Speaker 4: We try to hook you up, that's the bottom line, and we are willing to go to any lengths to make it happen.
Speaker 1: It's right. Read the small print.
Speaker 4: People email the show. We'll call that person. Wasn't calling you back?
Speaker 8: Brooking Jeffrey in the morning.
Speaker 4: A creepy clown on stilts, a mask, guy with a chainsaw on stilts, exactly happy cloud painter Bob Ross on stilts.
Speaker 3: We're not at a stilt factory.
Speaker 4: We're inside the scariest and tallest haunted house in the world must be. And you know what, even if I am exaggerating, I'm on radio, so who cares. I could say whatever.
Speaker 3: I am cousins with Jay Z after.
Speaker 4: All, and my teeth are made of pure kryptonite. That's how I killed Superman when we had our New Year's Eve kiss.
Speaker 1: How did we get here?
Speaker 4: This is just who I am.
Speaker 1: I mean, you're in Jeffrey, that's right.
Speaker 4: But you know what, this what I'm about to say here is an actual fact. Brand knew what you're doing at the Haunted House. Coming out at a.
Speaker 8: Brooke and Jeffrey in the Morning.
Speaker 4: We've done a lot of different things on this show. It's Broken Jeffrey in the Morning. We've interviewed convicted felons over at the courthouse. We've gotten audio from drunken tailgaters outside sporting events. I've even recorded audio near away exit after midnight to ask the question, what are you doing in this highway restroom?
Speaker 1: Okay, we did not play that.
Speaker 13: Air.
Speaker 3: Yeah, producer said it was too hot, too.
Speaker 4: Hot for radio video.
Speaker 8: Bro.
Speaker 4: Yeah, well you can go find that online if you'd like. But recently we tried something a little bit different. We sent Jose and Alexis to one of the scariest haunted houses in the area. Just ask the guests there a simple question, what you're doing at the haunted house.
Speaker 3: What you're doing at the haunted house.
Speaker 4: It is our first date, this is your first date.
Speaker 7: It's our first date ever.
Speaker 4: I was just gonna ask, is this your girlfriend? You guys are like a cute couple. Wait you just said yeah, Bro, I don't want to call you out, but this is uh, this is this is a question for her. Are you my girlfriend?
Speaker 5: I you know it's for the radio.
Speaker 6: Yes, Okay, we're not we're not off to a good start.
Speaker 9: But we'll try to like edit that for you, so I'll send it to you and it'll says, Cloud just hopped up on us.
Speaker 6: Okay, what going on there?
Speaker 4: Because they were you near a four year old girl in that clue.
Speaker 6: No, I didn't expect it in a.
Speaker 4: Scary like that's your scream?
Speaker 1: Yes, that was my Oh my god.
Speaker 6: I wasn't expecting it. I was working in the middle of an interview and I low jumped me.
Speaker 1: I was all into hearing about their date.
Speaker 2: I don't know how why, who thought the most skinny?
Speaker 4: And this is happening outside of the haunted house, you know exactly.
Speaker 5: I wasn't expecting anything scary.
Speaker 4: You did unintentionally help wingman for that dude on his date, because when that girl heard you like scream and shriek like that, she was like, Oh, I'm the manliest guy over here.
Speaker 5: What you doing at the house trying to pick up chicks? Oh? You're here to pick up the ladies? Is this a good spot for that?
Speaker 17: We'll see when we go inside. I've heard there's some pretty crazy stuff in there.
Speaker 5: Are you going for? Like the women that are dressed up in costume or just like other guests here.
Speaker 17: I'm hoping I'm lurking for the ones inside of the Haunted House, to be honest.
Speaker 5: The ones that are dressed up in character.
Speaker 3: Oh my god, Yeah.
Speaker 5: What's your monster type?
Speaker 2: I like bloody, bloody, bloody monsters, like bloody clowns, bloody vampires.
Speaker 5: Like what what are we talking?
Speaker 17: I hope she's a vampire because I'm looking for any thirsty girl here.
Speaker 2: That's weird though, Yeah, I'm gonna say that is a red flag. Well, if you want your women to be bloody, I wouldn't recommend, especially like.
Speaker 4: Yeah, hang out by the ear in the hospital, That's where you're gonna meet your type of lady.
Speaker 9: When he said he's ever girls, I thought like, oh, scared girls are?
Speaker 6: I don't like the monsters?
Speaker 2: No, he he's taking his first day out to the deserted cap this day, and you're not.
Speaker 7: Coming back from up what you do at the Haunted House, you know, trying to get a little bit scared.
Speaker 3: You're trying to get scared.
Speaker 4: I'm trying to well.
Speaker 6: When I walked up.
Speaker 3: To you, you asked if it was scary in there?
Speaker 4: Are no you are?
Speaker 6: Why do you want to know.
Speaker 4: I'm trying to see what I'm you know, looking forward to, you know, see if I'm going to get scared. You know, I got the liquor in here. Real quick.
Speaker 3: You just pull up a mountain dew, but it's all brown. That doesn't look like a mountain dew.
Speaker 9: Okay, So why why what are you most scared of?
Speaker 4: Bro clowns? Oh, you know that's pretty popular.
Speaker 7: You're probably gonna see a clown or two.
Speaker 9: Yeah, So what's your reaction going to be when you see a clown he comes out.
Speaker 4: I'm gonna get up out that bit.
Speaker 9: Would you actually, you know they have an emergency exit? Would you do an emergency exit? You're hearing from all your friends.
Speaker 4: It looks like, hey, thirty dollars for this ways and that?
Speaker 9: Okay, So no matter how bad it gets in there, like, you're not leaving.
Speaker 4: Yeah no, what if you like really get stabbed, I'm leaving.
Speaker 1: There are some exceptions?
Speaker 4: His mind pretty quick on that.
Speaker 6: I just like his answer. No, man, I've made thirty bucks for this. Yeah for real, we got the whole long haul.
Speaker 1: I hear him on nut who's good with his money? You literally I just wet myself.
Speaker 2: But it's okay because I'm only fifteen dollars into this thing.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I want to meet the one guy who would stay after getting stabbed.
Speaker 6: Oh wow, he's like that.
Speaker 3: This is what I came for.
Speaker 1: It's very real.
Speaker 6: Why I drank the koonyak? I can't feel anything.
Speaker 5: What you're doing at the Haunted House? Gonna get scared? Have you been here before? Have you done one of these?
Speaker 21: I have not been to one in like probably five years, So no.
Speaker 5: I'm not okay. What's your biggest fear going into this? Clowns? There's gonna be some clowns in there, and there's a clown that actually just walked by. What are you gonna do when one of them comes up to you in this house? Stab them? You're gonna stop the clown in the house? Yes, with my nails? Oh you got oh wow, you got some long nails there. Why do you think that these things excite you?
Speaker 4: Like?
Speaker 5: Why do you like these?
Speaker 21: Because I'm a redheaded aries and I like the dark twisted things.
Speaker 5: You're an aries? Can you explain more?
Speaker 21: I'm in aries and a double scorpio, so like, yeah, dark you can beat two things? Like you're like moon and you're rising and your sun. I don't really know. I just know the app tells me. I'm aos aries Scorpio, Scorpio.
Speaker 3: I gotta get that app.
Speaker 6: I'm an.
Speaker 1: Can you explain more?
Speaker 2: She meant to say, No, I.
Speaker 5: Can't explain more.
Speaker 6: Once it's refreshes.
Speaker 4: What you're doing at the Haunted House.
Speaker 17: We're just chilling, coming in and getting spooked.
Speaker 9: You guys just got out and I could tell right away, Yeah we're spook.
Speaker 18: Ye.
Speaker 7: What kind of shook my guys? What was that experience?
Speaker 4: Like? Describe it just shortly.
Speaker 6: They can experience a bonding experience.
Speaker 7: We went through some shit together.
Speaker 4: Wow, a spinner, I got a splinter?
Speaker 7: Yeah, and uh, anything for you?
Speaker 6: Are you okay?
Speaker 14: My blood pressures up a little bit, but.
Speaker 9: Okay, so he's got a splinter, you got high blood pressure.
Speaker 6: What do you do next?
Speaker 14: Jehanmas swifted some weed.
Speaker 4: Yeah, Alexis, you were with Jose Did he go back with them to their car after that?
Speaker 8: Yeah?
Speaker 13: Sure?
Speaker 9: Okay, you want the interview for you, But now we're all brothers.
Speaker 4: Even the creepy clowns were in on that hot box. Everybody got in on it, came out of it. That's what you're doing at the Haunted.
Speaker 8: House, Brooking Jeffrey in the morning.
Speaker 4: You've got a return player on the phone, Jessica the nurse.
Speaker 3: Who is we want to know? Against you all time? Brooke? You lost last.
Speaker 1: Time, Jessica, Hang up quickly, hang on, She's.
Speaker 3: Back for more. Welcome back, Jessica.
Speaker 16: Thank you.
Speaker 1: Why do you call back Jessica?
Speaker 19: Oh, because it was.
Speaker 16: So much fun last time.
Speaker 19: We talked about the HU dub and the nursing campus.
Speaker 2: Totally remember our full conversation. It's so good to hear from you again.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 4: All the students that she has to deal with with their issues downstairs, and we were all going to go get examined by Jessica just for fun. Yeah, just how are things lately on campus?
Speaker 12: A lot of shots, a lot of flu shots, a lot of.
Speaker 9: It's a college campus and normally yeah, alcohol shots too.
Speaker 14: It's a fun times in multiple ways.
Speaker 4: Brook has already left the studio. She's so afraid of you. She ran out in fear. Anyway, Let's go over the rules real quick for all the listeners. Thirty seconds to answer as many questions as possible. If you don't know when, you could say past, but you have to beat Brooke outright to win. Are you ready, Jessica, I'm ready do it. Your time starts now. Yale University was founded on this day in what century? Sixteen hundred, seventeen hundreds or eighteen.
Speaker 11: Hundreds, we'll say seventeen hundreds.
Speaker 4: How many US states begin with the letter A three?
Speaker 3: In poker, if you're holding two fish hooks, you have a pair of.
Speaker 4: What Oh my gosh, Path who co founded Microsoft alongside Bill Gates?
Speaker 21: Oh oh god, uh oh, someone else has been doing shots too this morning.
Speaker 4: It sounds like Brooke Brook's coming back into the studio and on my screener here, Jessica, it says that you're a fan of the fall season because you love sweaters and hiding chunk.
Speaker 3: What's chunk?
Speaker 12: You know what sweaters you get to hide your chalk?
Speaker 13: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Yeah, Like sit down, you don't worry about your big belly rolls at all?
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, let it let it hang out out.
Speaker 4: I felt like Chunk isn't chunk the name of like the guy in the Goonies. Yeah, I was like hiding chunk. I'm like, why don't understand this tradition?
Speaker 1: All right?
Speaker 16: Well, but you wouldn't want to hide him.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that one was on me. I'm sorry, Brooks, your turn, You're.
Speaker 1: Ready, not sucking in right now? Let's go.
Speaker 4: Your time starts now. Yale University was founded on this day in what century? Sixteen hundreds, seventeen hundreds or.
Speaker 1: Eighteen hundreds, sixteen hundreds?
Speaker 3: How many US states begin with the letter A.
Speaker 1: Gotta hate this question six in poker?
Speaker 4: If you're holding two fish hooks, you have a pair of what uh Jacks? What? Who co founded Microsoft alongside Bill Gates?
Speaker 10: Paul?
Speaker 4: What restaurant chain uses the slogan service with the speed of sound. That's an interesting restaurant chain you went with. But you know you don't hear much, do Yeah, we're gonna go to the scoreboard. See how you both did with Jose put another at Jiffy Luke Jess that you got one correct today?
Speaker 1: Oh man, I know it was rough, just done to me. It's sonic, isn't it.
Speaker 6: We're not gonna let that count. But you still got two?
Speaker 3: Okay, just ds you out by one. That ties you up all time, one in one.
Speaker 4: Let's get the answers in. Yale University founded on this day in the seventeen hundreds. In seventeen oh one exactly. There are close four US states that begin with the letter A, Arizona, Arkansas, Alabama, Alaska. In poker, if you're holding two fishawks, you have a pair.
Speaker 3: Of jacks because the hooks look like jays.
Speaker 4: The person who co founded Microsoft with Bill Gates was Paul Allen, and the restaurant chain that uses the slogan service with the speed of Sound is Sonic.
Speaker 3: You were right, brook Yeah.
Speaker 1: But you've never slipped down some WD forty. I'm gonna tell you, I.
Speaker 4: Gotta go try that and maybe this afternoon. Unfortunately, we can't give you any money here, but just for playing, you do win a twenty five dollars gift card valid at any Disney resort. It's a Disney gift card. It's in Park online at the Disney Store.
Speaker 1: Perfect.
Speaker 17: Perfect.
Speaker 12: We'll have to do a tiebreaker.
Speaker 1: Okay, Yeah, I don't think so. I'd rather you not call back again, Jessica. But I like you as a person.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I just really like winning. I feel like I don't want to push my luck with you.
Speaker 20: Well, enjoy your sweaters this season.
Speaker 1: You're so cute.
Speaker 3: Good vibes on wind Brooks Bucks today.
Speaker 4: Thank you for playing Jessica, we'll be back to wind Brooks Bucks, same time tomorrow.
Speaker 8: Freaking Jeffrey in the morning,