Speaker 1: It's awkward.
Speaker 2: It's Tuesday. It's awkward Tuesday.
Speaker 3: They say, when you finally find real true love, there is nothing you won't do to try and make it work.
Speaker 4: That's true, that's so nice.
Speaker 3: You will run past TSA to stop their plane from leaving. You'll stand up and object at their wedding ceremony. You'll dig a hole underneath the outer fence to bust them out of a fifty year prison sentence. Because that's what true love is.
Speaker 4: The last one they may actually appreciate the other two. I'm not so certain about that.
Speaker 3: That's why one of our listeners, Tricia, needs our help today to try and make love work. So, Tricia, should we be grabbing our shovels. We're doing a jail break today. Where are we at?
Speaker 1: I don't know. Let's see what you guys think.
Speaker 4: Okay, all right, what she's saying?
Speaker 3: Yeah, stand by, we'll have a prepare tell us about your situation. What's going on?
Speaker 1: So I met a guy like seven months ago. I was out with my friends and we ran into this other group of friends and I don't know, it happened kind of quickly. I don't want to say it was love at first sight, but it just felt right. So we kind of very quickly after that night, we were pretty insuperable doing everything together.
Speaker 4: Oh that's always so exciting. What's this guy's name?
Speaker 1: His name is Ben Ben.
Speaker 4: So things with Ben are great at this time.
Speaker 1: I mean, right now, they're good. I wouldn't say they're great. I'm a little confused of how to keep.
Speaker 3: Going, but why what's going on?
Speaker 1: So basically, after two months of dating, my lease was up with two of my girlfriends and he offered that I move in. So I was like, why not? We're so good together?
Speaker 4: Well after only two months.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it wants you to be homeless and live on the streets.
Speaker 5: I tell you you should never do it for convenience. You always end poorly.
Speaker 1: I do think I kind of jumped in too fash.
Speaker 3: Sorry, Jeff, it's not checking out for me.
Speaker 4: So what you moved into his place? What was that like?
Speaker 1: So it was an adjustment, Like I'm used to living with girls, this is my first time living with a guy. But we have dinners, we hang out a bunch, and then he's also like not home a lot because he's doing things with this guy friend.
Speaker 3: Yeah, pretty sweet for you. All that personal time that you get for yourself must be nice.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's great. I have my friends over, we have like time part.
Speaker 4: Okay, so I mean that piece sounds really healthy. That's good.
Speaker 3: Yeah, so far you've not mentioned one single problem whatsoever with this.
Speaker 6: Where's the awkward part of the awkward Tuesday?
Speaker 1: So two weeks ago he gets this amazing job offers that requires him to move across the country.
Speaker 3: Well, more good news for him.
Speaker 4: This is so hard.
Speaker 1: I mean, like, we've been together for like half a year, so I'm super excited for him. But he keeps saying like, oh, yeah, this will be next month. Then I'll pay rent until the lease is out. But there's no mention of what happens to us.
Speaker 5: Whoa wait, he isn't addressing it at all. He's not like, hey, should I take this job?
Speaker 4: We're in this together.
Speaker 1: No, there's no conversation. He's doing his own thing. But he hasn't even brought up how I fall into this equation.
Speaker 3: But he is willing to pay your rent for a few months until until the.
Speaker 1: Lease is out.
Speaker 5: That's a positive kindive.
Speaker 3: If a man offers to pay your rents.
Speaker 4: God, that is terrible. I bet you've just been so upset.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'm just like every time I try to bring it up, he pretty much changes the subject, and I really, I don't know.
Speaker 4: Do you want to move with him? Is that what you want?
Speaker 1: I mean, at least I'd like the option to think about it, Okay, I feel like I would, right.
Speaker 6: You just want to know that he's thinking of what are we gonna do as a couple.
Speaker 4: You're living together.
Speaker 1: Exactly, like why did we even move in together?
Speaker 3: Because you didn't have anywhere to live and he kindly offered to give you a bed to sleep in.
Speaker 4: You didn't know he was that was really logical.
Speaker 3: I'm just I'm trying. I don't mean to sound harsh, but this is how men tend to think. It's not so much about like the emotion of the seven month relationship.
Speaker 4: That we're in, not if you're in a partnership, Jeff, if.
Speaker 3: He's to speak right there, I'm talking about how men think this isn't a partnership in a guy's mind.
Speaker 1: But I feel like if I a guy to move in with me, yeah, it's like you figure it out ghost from someone's couch till you find your own place.
Speaker 5: Totally, or you say, hey, why don't you stay here till you find a place, you know what I mean? There's a temporary way you can do that without actually moving in together and living together.
Speaker 3: So what is it that you want to do with your awkward call here? You want us to call your boyfriend Ben?
Speaker 1: I kind of feel like he's a little being a little sketchy about it, and I don't want him. You guys to help me trick him into telling me the truth.
Speaker 6: He could call his new company and get him fired.
Speaker 4: Somehow we can.
Speaker 5: I don't think she wants to ruin his life, Okay, she's.
Speaker 3: So interested in being with him, just wants a little bit more clarity on where they stand.
Speaker 6: All right, that's more responsible.
Speaker 4: Did I say that?
Speaker 2: Right?
Speaker 1: Yeah? Yeah? And he and he's thrown out a visit. But I'm like, what am I visiting for?
Speaker 3: Am I visiting my friend?
Speaker 6: Or am I like staying the week with my right?
Speaker 1: Just feels like something not quite right here?
Speaker 4: Okay, Yeah, but you.
Speaker 3: Don't want to ask him. You said you want to trick him into figuring out whether, like where his true feelings lie.
Speaker 4: Okay, you know, but she needs a little help.
Speaker 3: Well, let's rub some sticks together, get a fire going, so we can hold his feet to said flames, and we'll come back and let you make your awkward Tuesday phone call right after this. Okay, all right, all right, hold on, it's awkward.
Speaker 4: It's Tuesday.
Speaker 2: It's awkward Tuesday phone call.
Speaker 3: It is interesting when a listener comes on the show and says, help me deceive a loved one. I mean, morally, is it wrong that we're helping her do this?
Speaker 6: Maybe?
Speaker 4: I don't think it is fun to do it.
Speaker 3: Yeah, because one of our listeners is asking us blatantly to trick her living boyfriend into telling us the truth about why he's really moving across country without her for a job opportunity. She send her email that he's been acting a little bit sketchy and unclear ever since he brought up the move.
Speaker 4: Yeah, he hasn't made any plans with her. They haven't had any talks about what into the relationship. But it's not fair.
Speaker 3: He did say she could maybe come visit. Possibly isn't talked at all about it. She does feel like something is up, though, And I'm just gonna go out on a limb here and say, Tricia, are you worried that he's maybe seeing somebody else, maybe his wife and kids, and that's not okay with you?
Speaker 4: Yeah, that is such a huge jump.
Speaker 3: I'm asking.
Speaker 1: I didn't really think about that, but part of me thinks maybe he met someone new.
Speaker 4: Oh really, but to move?
Speaker 5: I think he just sounds passive, aggressive, and he's trying to break up with you without actually having to break up with you.
Speaker 1: I don't know why he would want to break up with me. I'm awesome.
Speaker 4: Yeah that's right.
Speaker 3: But if he does have a wife and children, is that something that would deter you or the awesomeness enough.
Speaker 1: That makes him not off?
Speaker 4: Okay, glad and.
Speaker 3: Know where we stand. I'm gonna call him in just a second. First, we need to get a little bit of advice. Co host, Who are we going to start with?
Speaker 4: Brook?
Speaker 3: You got something?
Speaker 4: I just this is what you do.
Speaker 5: You go in excited because he's been vague. He hasn't said whether or not he wants you to move. If he doesn't want you to move.
Speaker 4: With him, okay, positive energy. You just play dumb and you're like, oh my god, I'm so excited. My job just approved me working remotely. I I scheduled the movers and we are ready to go. Honey an engage reaction.
Speaker 1: I mean that feels like a little embarrassing, but a good way to go.
Speaker 3: It will throw him off. If any if any woman approaches a man with like enthusiasms about what they're doing, it's like, what's happening?
Speaker 1: Now? Come on?
Speaker 4: Throw your pride aside? Hose?
Speaker 3: What do you think?
Speaker 2: So?
Speaker 6: If you want to trick him, the best way to mess with any guy in the world is to make them feel guilty. So, I don't know if you have already. This may be the time that you say how proud you are of him and that you love him.
Speaker 5: You don't think men who are guilty ly yeah, and like he doesn't already know that?
Speaker 6: Let her talk. I don't know, are you guys on the outward yet it We're not.
Speaker 1: We're not quite there.
Speaker 4: Now's the time, Now you are Brook?
Speaker 1: I like Brooks plant.
Speaker 4: Yes, was so bad.
Speaker 3: She has settled for Brook. But we need to call Ben for you feel ready?
Speaker 1: I'm ready?
Speaker 4: Good Luck?
Speaker 3: Can we have a little more enthusiasm fake enthusiasm? You were talking about Brooke?
Speaker 4: All right? Good luck is going to go wrong now you make it.
Speaker 3: I'm in the Downland Dallas number.
Speaker 1: Hello, Hey, babe, true, Yeah, who do you think it was?
Speaker 2: No, No, it's just sorry. Your your number didn't show up, it said part of line.
Speaker 1: Oh uh maybe because I'm at the laundromat. Oh okay, Uh yeah, my sohe just died. So I was just using the laundry.
Speaker 2: So, oh okay, that's that's weird.
Speaker 1: Anyway, Well, my clothes are drying. I actually have some really exciting news I couldn't wait to tell you. Okay, So I met with my managing director yesterday and I talked with them about your situation, moving across country and everything. Yeah, and he said, if I can fly in once a quarter for big events and meetings, then I can just work remotely.
Speaker 2: Uh wait, what do you What do you.
Speaker 1: Mean we don't have to break up. I can move with you. Oh h isn't that great?
Speaker 2: Yeah, but it's not that easy. What do you mean like they're only giving me a studio apartment. I don't know how long it's going to be.
Speaker 1: That's okay, we don't we don't need much room.
Speaker 2: Yeah I know, I know't, but I'm just saying, ah.
Speaker 1: Wait, why do you Why do you sound so weird? Are you not excited? I thought you'd be thrilled.
Speaker 2: No, I it's it's great.
Speaker 1: But okay, but your voice you're just making weird noises? Is there? What is there a problem? Why just say it?
Speaker 5: What? What?
Speaker 1: Can you just tell me? What's going on?
Speaker 2: Look? I can't do it. I just can't have you move with me. I'm sorry.
Speaker 1: Is there someone else? Because if there is, I deserve to know.
Speaker 2: I don't. Look. Can we just w what Slater? I?
Speaker 1: There is someone else? Isn't there?
Speaker 2: I mean no? I mean no?
Speaker 1: What does no no mean?
Speaker 2: Like?
Speaker 1: What does that even mean? What are you saying?
Speaker 2: I mean not yet?
Speaker 1: Not yet? What does that mean?
Speaker 2: Okay? Look, I was actually chosen to be on the show Love Island.
Speaker 3: What I can't tell.
Speaker 2: Where are you?
Speaker 4: This is like reality TV.
Speaker 6: I don't know.
Speaker 3: I don't know exactly where Tricia is, but I can tell you. We're at a radio station right now and you're on our show called Brook and Jeffrey in the morning.
Speaker 2: Wait is this they know? I was gonna this is not the producers that I talk to from the show.
Speaker 3: We're a radio show and Tricia listens to us and she wanted our health reaching out to you because she says you were acting really sketchy. Ever since you said you were moving across country for this quote unquote job opportunity, it.
Speaker 1: Makes sense you're a liar, like you were chosen for a love Island.
Speaker 2: I'm sorry, I look like my co workers told me to fill out the application. I really joke, and I was like, this is never gonna happen, Like I'm so okay, fine, I'll fill out the stupid shoes.
Speaker 4: Don't lie. You're such a liar.
Speaker 5: You wanted it to happen like fine, Like maybe your coworkers brought it up as a joke, but to go through that entire process.
Speaker 2: The person didn't seem real, so it didn't seem warrant telling you about and you know, one thing led to another and it's escalated and I'm I mean, how many people actually get chosen to be on this showre It makes a lot of money.
Speaker 3: How are you feeling hearing all this?
Speaker 1: I really just have words right now, Like I had no idea what was happening. I did not think this was happening.
Speaker 3: Doesn't sounded kind of upset, Tricia. Yes, I think I know why you're Probably it's probably because you don't like that show.
Speaker 4: Nobody doesn't like that if he was going.
Speaker 3: On to a different reality dating show it, but that one's kind of, you know, trashy.
Speaker 4: You have to handle where you can't touch other people. Am I reading this right, Tricia?
Speaker 1: No, you're not reading it right. Basically, wants to hang out with a bunch of other women in bikini.
Speaker 2: Was my dad?
Speaker 4: I did not understand.
Speaker 5: Jeff Scasic, Dude, that sucks and how embarrassing. Like you weren't gonna tell her she's just gonna pop up and like your boyfriend's gonna.
Speaker 4: Be on Love Island. Oh my god, what was your plan? Dude?
Speaker 2: I was just gonna see how it goes.
Speaker 3: And then it may have been something that the producers wanted to bring Tricia into the show as part of the drama. Sometimes I like to do that the girlfriend back home that doesn't know about it.
Speaker 4: It's an opportunity for her that she's not seen.
Speaker 6: Opportunity.
Speaker 4: Dude, good thing you found this out, honey.
Speaker 2: I'm sorry.
Speaker 3: I just talking to you right now.
Speaker 4: Break up with this guy?
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean we're done here, all right, Trisha.
Speaker 3: You're kicking yourself out of his own apartments.
Speaker 6: Yeah, that's true.
Speaker 4: We used to lead his rent money, though. I mean they're on at least together. It will be fine.
Speaker 2: Tricia will honor what I said I would do. You can have the apartment.
Speaker 4: He's an honorable, so chivalrous.
Speaker 3: I'm going to vote for you on Love Island.
Speaker 1: Do you think that's supposed to make me feel better?
Speaker 4: It doesn't see I was open. He just gets an st D.
Speaker 5: On the show.
Speaker 4: Everybody, Yes, it's Brooke and Jeffrey in the morning.