Speaker 1: Wait up, wait, what you guys really are? Like the hip hop early morning late night talk to Helpless.
Speaker 2: Club is the most powerful popular urban radio show.
Speaker 3: Like from the Black Mothership in New York City. It's DJ YEMV and CHARLAMAGNEA God.
Speaker 1: It's different, you know what I'm saying, Like, y'all know what y'all talking about.
Speaker 4: Thanks to y'all be Black.
Speaker 1: I love y'all collectively known as Breakfast Club. So I'm always nervous when I do the Breakfast Club because sometimes you say stuff and it's just gonna get you. Everybody what.
Speaker 5: Good morning Usa yo.
Speaker 6: Yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo.
Speaker 7: Yo CHARLAMAGNEA God, he's one of the little ladies in a little traffic. And today's Tuesday, and we got a special guest host. We have many meals should be joining us in the second. I think she's getting her face beat or putting me makeup on as they say, so she'll be joining us in a second. All right, Well, I'm kind of glad Charloamade is not here. And if you're asking why Red. You know why. It's because the Dallas Cowboys won last night. Yes, the Dallas Cowboys beat the Los Angeles Charges last night, twenty seventeen. So I'm kind of happy that he's a little late today. I didn't want to hear his mouth first thing in the morning. How do you feel about that, Red, do you feel about the same?
Speaker 8: Yeah?
Speaker 5: I feel who would have been in here bragging?
Speaker 7: Yes, absolutely, So I'm kind of glad he's a little stuck in traffic, So salute to the reason why he's stuck in traffic. We ain't have to see his face that early, but he'll be joining us in a minute. But today on this show, we're gonna have a serious conversation. There's been a lot going on with Israel and Palestine and I don't pronounce it, the Hamas Hamas.
Speaker 1: Group, and there's been a lot going on.
Speaker 7: And if you're like me, there's so many things swirling around and I don't know much about it. You try to watch TV, there's so many different sides, there's so many different reports, there's so many things to discuss. So today to have that discussion on the Breakfast Club, so we have Jonathan Greenblat.
Speaker 1: He'll be joining us.
Speaker 7: He's the director of the Anti Defamation League, and he's gonna be talking to us about Israel and his thoughts and what they're preparing to do and all that and how they feel. And also Mark Lamont Hill will be joining us, joining us, and you know Mark Leamont Hill hosts the BT News, the grioh, so many different things. He's been pro Palestine for a long time. He's been talking about this war and the things that's been going on over there for like the last I don't even know how long. He's come up here many many times to discuss that. So we're gonna talk to both sides today and just have a discussion and hopefully we get the information that we need to fill us in because, like I said, with so much going on, I really don't know. You know, you see people posting one side and people upset, you see people posting another side and people upset.
Speaker 1: I don't know how this started. I'm not I honestly don't know.
Speaker 7: So hopefully today they'll fill us in and we'll get a better understanding here.
Speaker 1: Charlemagne. Now, hey man, listen, did.
Speaker 9: I just tell y'all I love sanitation workers. Salute to all the people out there that drive the garbage truck.
Speaker 7: Yeah, but they stopping the middle the street in the morning. Y'all got to get the f out the way in the.
Speaker 1: Morning, That's what I said. No way that y'all got traffic backed up for two blocks. You got people getting out of their cars, yes, looking to see what's going on, Like, please be considerate of the folks that got places to be.
Speaker 9: That's all I'm asking the sanitation workers to do. God bless y'all. We respect y'all. We appreciate y'all. Thank you for keeping the streets clean.
Speaker 7: But damn yeah, they just stopped right in the middle of the street. They get all the garbage and then they move up a little bit, then they stopping.
Speaker 5: They're the only ones that got a job to do.
Speaker 1: I'm trying to get.
Speaker 5: To work too.
Speaker 9: My brothers, I've been there before, you know what I'm saying. And my sisters that are sanitation workers. I ain't ever seen no women sanitation workers, but I'm sure they exist, you know.
Speaker 1: But good morning. How's everybody? How the rest of the country.
Speaker 7: Yeah, I was just telling them that you were I tell him I was kind of happy that you were late because you're a cowboys one last night and I didn't want to hear you.
Speaker 1: Listen, we humble man, No, you're not. We humble controule man.
Speaker 9: That's nice little twenty seventeen win against the Los Angeles charges.
Speaker 1: We humble man. Know we're just on our way to the super Bowl. See the ag See I did not tell you that, Red? Did I tell you that? I tell you what that you're gonna say?
Speaker 8: Red?
Speaker 1: Yeah, all right, I've been saying there for the past twenty seven years. I haven't long. It's been since nineteen ninety six. I can't. I'm not good at math.
Speaker 7: No, all right, Well, when we come back, we got front page news, Tell who's coming in. I was telling the people that we're gonna have a conversation this morning. There's a lot going on in Israel and Palestine and Israel and Gaza. Absolutely, and for myself, I don't know what's going on. I'm not sure. So we have two gentlemen here that's gonna try to break it down and explain to give us better knowledge. Yeah, we got the head of the head of the ad L, Jonathan Green Black. He'll be here Anti Defamation League, yep. And then we have of course bark Lamon Hill, which I tell you guys, of course COmON.
Speaker 9: Here's a professor at Tuning University. He wrote a book called Except for Palestine. He actually got fired from seeingn being pro Palestine. So okay, yeah, so.
Speaker 7: We'll talk to both of them this morning. Let's get the show crack in Front page News.
Speaker 1: It's next. It's the Breakfast Club. Go Morning Morning.
Speaker 7: Everybody's DJ MV charlamagnea god. We are the Breakfast Club. We have Money Mills here, she's our guest host today. Good morning Money with that, Good morning, and let's get to some Front page news. The last night the Cowboys beat the Charge's twenty seventeen. Now let's jump right into.
Speaker 1: Wallas Cowboys beat the Law seventeen.
Speaker 9: Said that with four and two, number two in the NFC East, behind the Philadelphia Eagles, but sitting it nicely, sitting nicely, actually dumficating on those New York Giants.
Speaker 1: Everybody heard me say that.
Speaker 3: I said that.
Speaker 1: I said it just like you.
Speaker 7: I said everything I said, I meant it all right, Now let's jump right into what we're starting off.
Speaker 10: Good good job trying to skip on by good morning, everybody.
Speaker 1: You did try.
Speaker 10: It is always hard to report sad news, especially involving children, but this is on the front page news all over the country right now. Let's go to ABC for the report to hear about the six year old that lost.
Speaker 11: His life due to the ramifications of ward. Let's go to the report.
Speaker 12: We learned at a seventy one year old landlord in a Chicago suburb viciously attacked two of his rents, fatally stabbing a six year old boy and wounding his mother, simply because they were Muslim, and apparently because of his pure hatred about what's happening in Israel. Police say he stabbed that little boy with Dia Ali Fayoum twenty six times with a millistary child's style knife. Attorney General Mary Garland said late last night he was quote heartbroken, and announced a federal hate crimes investigation. The FBI says the most immediate concern is that so called lone wolves and other unstable individuals inflamed by the Israeli conflict will act out in harm whoever's near.
Speaker 1: I mean, it's horrible, you know why.
Speaker 9: We have Jonathan green Blad and malkolm on Hill coming on this morning, because these are the kind of ramifications that are going to happen because of you know, what's going on in Israel and Goden.
Speaker 11: So now again you have a very sad story.
Speaker 10: And the thirty two year old mother again just to reiterate that because I know he said it fast.
Speaker 11: She is still alive.
Speaker 10: She's in the hospital on serious con condition and is respected to survive. And Joseph Chuba, that was the guy that murdered this little boy. He's charged with first degree murder, attempted first agree murder, two council of a hate crime, and aggravated battery with a deadly weapon. Now, speaking of the war, just wanted to give another update about two thousand US troops we're told to prepare for deployment to in response to the Israels Hama Amas war. Let's listen to that report that I want to give you some other information.
Speaker 13: This is a group of soldiers US soldiers who were already on essentially a short leash for deployment. So in ninety six hours what they call it, they've been that has been shortened to a twenty four hour That means that once they get the call.
Speaker 5: Saying hey, you have to deploy.
Speaker 13: They literally have to be on the airfield ready to go within twenty four hours. And the idea is if in fact they get that order they have not gotten yet, they would go to the region, most likely to a country neighboring or nearby to Israel. Now, it's also important to point out that this is a whole mix of different troops. So it includes medical troops, people who could spport with meta medical evacuations and things, explosive ordinance people who are you know, experts and explosives. But it also will include sort of your classic infantry troops.
Speaker 10: Now, again it is not clear if they will be deployed. Again, just reiterating they said it'll be a non combat role and not actually in Israel. And also President Biden will be arriving in Israel today as well. But I want to just throw this out there as well. President Biden said this on Sunday in his Sixty Minutes interviews when he was asked, will we be sending truths to Israeli's listen?
Speaker 1: Can you foresee US troops in combat in this new Middle East war? I don't think that's necessary. Israel has one of the finest fighting forces in the country. I guarantee we're going to provide them everything they need.
Speaker 9: Hey, man, that's why you can't even know what's going on in Israel and Gaza. You know, US troops being deployed. So I know folks are saying, you know, I have to pay attention to what's going on in my own backyard. But the US troops had over there. That might be one of your family members of friends that you're sitting in your backyard with. You know, not to mention our tax dollars support Israel in this military, so you shouldn't want to know what's happening with your.
Speaker 7: Money, that's right, all right, Well, that is front page News, and that is the reason why we have Jonathan Green Black joining us this morning and also Mark Lamont Hill. So we'll have a conversation this morning and talk to those brothers later on.
Speaker 1: All right, now, get it.
Speaker 7: Off your chest eight hundred five eight five one oh five one if you need the vent phone lines to wide open again. Eight hundred five eight five one oh five one. And we got our special guest host, Mini Mills joining us this morning. It's the Breakfast Club in morning.
Speaker 3: The breakfast Club.
Speaker 5: Ray right, ray yo, Charla mack yafy, what up are we lying?
Speaker 3: This is your time to get it off your chest.
Speaker 1: I got an indoor Pooloo.
Speaker 3: We want to hear from you on the breakfast club.
Speaker 2: Get on the.
Speaker 6: Phone right now.
Speaker 14: He'll tell you what it is.
Speaker 3: We lie Hello.
Speaker 14: Who's this year? And you with the boss?
Speaker 3: Mellow mellow? What's up? Mellow yo?
Speaker 11: Man?
Speaker 14: Today is my born day?
Speaker 1: Happy? Yo?
Speaker 14: What's something? Uncle schel?
Speaker 1: How you feeling Pea's mellow? Happy born day?
Speaker 2: King? Yeah?
Speaker 14: I appreciate job.
Speaker 2: So listen.
Speaker 14: I just dropped back, but I want to highlight one right now. And I got a shout out the trash because it's like a completely different style for me. I called him, he picked up and he definitely helped me out with it. It's called Lovers of Friends. All I want for my birthday is everybody to go.
Speaker 2: Listen to that song.
Speaker 1: So you and got a song called Lovers and friend Huh? You and Trav got a song called Lovers and Friends.
Speaker 2: Nah, it's on.
Speaker 1: I have a song with my boy.
Speaker 14: His name is Cali Mack, and it's a different sound and that's like more Travis flash, like you know, Travis Danks with his music Suf Travis and up and he picked up and helped out.
Speaker 1: Oh so Trav helped you write? It is what you're saying. Yeah, oh got you got you not Travis a beast?
Speaker 14: Yeah, Travis definitely one of the ones, like for real, for real. So shout out to Trasman. Like I said, everybody follow me for my birthday. Mellow underscore Mulah on the grind.
Speaker 1: We're gonna have a ball, all right, peace, Mellow, have a good birth They Hello.
Speaker 8: Who's this?
Speaker 15: Yeah, Tie, Hey Connecticut.
Speaker 1: Hey, Shirley, good morning.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I'm falling about the military.
Speaker 1: Yeah, we're right here listening.
Speaker 4: My nephew is in the marine, and I'm kind of worried about.
Speaker 15: This war and all the people are going to be deployed.
Speaker 9: Yeah they say two thousand US troops are on alert getting ready for deployment.
Speaker 4: No, I know, and that's why I'm worried.
Speaker 9: Yeah, that's why people. You know, we can't ignore what's going on in Israel and gays. I know, people like to say I never when it.
Speaker 6: Comes to anything military, that's right.
Speaker 9: I know, people like family, Oh, the whole family service. We thank you for your service.
Speaker 15: Yeah, and uh now it's my nephew and he's in the Marines and he.
Speaker 8: Might it all the way in South Carolina right now.
Speaker 1: What you're stationed that in South Carolina? What'd you say here? What'd you say? Okay?
Speaker 7: Okay, well, thank you and you know, we'll continue to pray for the troops to make sure.
Speaker 4: And I love what you guys do for mental health and everything.
Speaker 15: And I was wondering if I can get a sign of hat from you guys.
Speaker 9: Okay, Eddie, get her a black effect hat for her grandson. Man, throw some books in there through throw throw it to me a Mallory state of emergency and Anita Coopak shallow waters too.
Speaker 1: Hello, who's this? This is the good morning?
Speaker 6: Good morning, Charla Man.
Speaker 14: I got a bottle pickle.
Speaker 1: Too, pis but in line, man, But I guess you're here. How are you?
Speaker 4: I'm fine now usually I'm on your side of everything, but layoff of sanitation workers.
Speaker 9: I just need y'all to get out the way in the morning. I love y'all and I appreciate it if y'all.
Speaker 14: But if y'all know, the Garments Trust is out there at six seven in the morning.
Speaker 16: Oh so and there's another way.
Speaker 14: Truck is so damn big, they can only go so far that.
Speaker 9: I ain't figured out what the schedule is yet. That's the problem, because it be it seemed like random days. They just be out like this morning.
Speaker 14: No, it's not where the bass schedule where Detroit.
Speaker 1: Are the schedules the same all throughout the country?
Speaker 3: No they're not.
Speaker 1: Man, you know that, I don't know, Man, not the same.
Speaker 4: No, it's Monday, and then a holiday falls during the week.
Speaker 14: Garbage just pushed back a day, so we're gonna be out on Saturdays. It's a holiday fall during the week.
Speaker 1: Got you.
Speaker 9: We can't y'all just be a little bit faster. I mean, y'all got to be shut. I know y'all see heavy, y'all see that line.
Speaker 3: But how can we be faster?
Speaker 6: How can we be faster?
Speaker 4: And people got recycling garbage and y'all west south side, there's gonna be three trucks coming outside.
Speaker 1: Lord have mercy, And every neighborhood has a specific day. So you've been on there for where y'all.
Speaker 14: Been on the air web thirteen years?
Speaker 1: I know you know you're now I don't know. Can we move? Then we moved to a different to worry about that when we was down and try we never ran in the garbage.
Speaker 7: Garbage trucks out of the middle of the street and they just wait, you know what I'm right now? You can do You can't even drive around them. I've never been behind a garbage truck. Can we moved over here this year? Where we're at now? Get it off your chest? Eight hundred and five eighty five one five one. If you need to vent, hit us up now. It's the Breakfast Club.
Speaker 1: Good morning, the Breakfast clubs for Is it.
Speaker 3: Your time to get it off your chest, whether you're.
Speaker 1: Mad or blast, time to get up and get something Call up.
Speaker 3: Now eight hundred and five eight five one o five one. We want to hear from you on the Breakfast Club.
Speaker 1: Hello.
Speaker 3: Who's that yo?
Speaker 2: Yo?
Speaker 1: What up?
Speaker 6: DJ?
Speaker 2: And by Charlemagne to God and the beautiful lady that y'all.
Speaker 1: Got up there.
Speaker 2: My name is Ayana from San Antonio, Countdown City? Who Texas?
Speaker 3: What up?
Speaker 1: Diana? Get it off your chest?
Speaker 2: First of all, I want to say thank you for giving us knowledge for investing, and Uncle Charlotte's for all the information he gives me all mental health cause that's putting me in a good position that I'm in now, that's good. What I want to get off my chest is, h I'm tired to this job. I'm a truck drivers and I'm tired of this job because I've been working for like a year trying to get my raise. I finally get my raise and then they cut my hours. I'm like, I hear struggling. But we's gonna make it worse.
Speaker 8: All right.
Speaker 1: You in that truck now, brother, Nah, I'm not in the truck right now.
Speaker 2: Actually just got off, but uh, I wish I was so I could give you blow the harm for you know what I mean? Here you go, But I want to know y'all if I can get like a sign copies of the book, Yeah.
Speaker 1: Yo, I got you. I don't have any more of mine up here right now, but I do have a State of Emergency by Jamika Mallory and the Need of Copax by Shallow Waters.
Speaker 9: Those of both off my book in print. Black Piller is publishing. I'll send you though, so.
Speaker 2: For shows for show and I da can sign it for me. I already got shook one. I just would appreciate you.
Speaker 1: Yeah, we'll get him out to you. Hold on, okay, Hello, who's this?
Speaker 7: This just came up from Atlanta.
Speaker 1: He cala from the atl Get it off your chest.
Speaker 14: Mama, this one is.
Speaker 4: A huge Unatalie Sun for the way talked about you on her life that day. I wait in a minute to talk about this because I didn't like it. We can't compete where she cannot prepare what you have done for your community and play the people. It's on a whole other level and she could never even it really makes me mad.
Speaker 1: Well, thank you. I just you know, I'm just happy to be here. Thank you. God is good all the time. Thank you very much.
Speaker 4: If MV don't what that you're saying about you hard bodies.
Speaker 1: Thank you, Cayleer, thank Youkaler. Appreciate you call. All right a Kayla, gotta love Kayla? Right, get it off your chest?
Speaker 3: Hell out?
Speaker 2: And what's going on?
Speaker 15: Good morning, Envy, it's all.
Speaker 3: The main what's said?
Speaker 1: You want to discuss Israel in Palestine? Oh man, dude.
Speaker 14: So I understand it's a lot.
Speaker 15: Going on over there, and I understand Israel is our our allies and stuff, but I genuinely believe we Americans to stay out of it. I know, that probably sounds crazy, but if you're not seeing it when you walk out into the world. There is a division going on as we speak, especially on social media, and I'm a little nervous about that because it seems like you don't support one sign your antipe submitting. If you support the other side, you might be considered like a homegrown terrorist and whatnot.
Speaker 9: Yeah, I don't understand why we can't just be a pro pro not wanting to see children get killed, pro not wanting to see innocent civilians get killed.
Speaker 1: I don't understand why we just can't be that.
Speaker 7: Yeah, but we got Jonathan green Black he'll be joining us this morning. He's director of the Anti Defamation League. And also Mark Lamont. He'll professor Mark Lamont, Professor Mark Lamont Hill, you know, host to be Et News. He's a professor, like Charlamagne said, he's pro Palestine. And they both could be breaking things down from what they know that much that they both know.
Speaker 9: You know, Marcus traveled you know over there a lot, so as Jonathan. You know, Mark wrote a book called Except for Palestine. Mark got fired from CNN for being pro Palestine. And of course you know Jonathan green Blade is the head of the Anti Defamation League, so it'll be good to hear both of both of their perspectives on what's going on.
Speaker 7: All right, Well, when we come back, we got your room or report. Thank you for calling eight hundred and five eighty five one oh five one. That MANI we got rumors on the way when we're talking about.
Speaker 17: Yes, we are talking Jada still in the headlines. Her bug drops today though, so you know we're still talking about what's going on.
Speaker 1: So that's what we'll be talking about today.
Speaker 11: More Jada.
Speaker 7: Okay, we'll get into that next. It don't go anywhere. It's the Breakfast Club on B E T. The Breakfast Club.
Speaker 1: Good morning, Everybody's d J n V.
Speaker 7: Charlemagne the God. We are the Breakfast Club. We got our guest co host mini meals with us this morning. Now we didn't say welcome this morning because you were still getting your makeup put on. Good morning, Yes, good morning for people just joining us. You're on one on one point one in Nashville to beat Nashville.
Speaker 16: I am.
Speaker 1: I called natural and white Atlanta the white Atlanta Alta. Why because it feels like white Atlanta. It does not when I go but it's like, you want to know what the black A second down, definitely, culture.
Speaker 7: A day, few days, definitely. Now you're the music director and the host over there. I am yep okay, and you're pregnant. Congratulations. Look your page yesterday and we were talking about, you know how it's been difficult the last thirty days.
Speaker 1: She's about the bus in the moment.
Speaker 17: Yeah, I see, not thirty days. Literally, this pregnancy in general has been hard. I mean it's my fourth one pregnancy. Yeah, I'm vetted up in here, you know, but it's just been difficult in general. I don't know because I got more kids, so I'm getting older.
Speaker 1: I don't know. I'm eight months. I guess because you're four weeks. I don't know what the what the terms is because you're.
Speaker 7: Pregnant and you still gotta be a mom, so you still got to do the things that you know you can't say, I can't do.
Speaker 1: You gotta do. I have tolerance. I have a four year old and a two year old, so all of that and pregnancy is a lot. But no more. I'm done. You're done. Charlemagne has four, I have six. Yeah, I'm not getting it. No, I'm done. Four's good. You've done, You've done. Yeah, I'm done that. I got a five year old and two year old, so I understand. Oh yeah, it's real. It's definitely real. All right, Well let's get to the room.
Speaker 3: Let's go. It's the rumor report.
Speaker 5: She wanted to tee.
Speaker 1: How you feel money? Well, that's good morning. I just wonder how precause you gotta get on the breakfast club. You know what's gonna be crazy?
Speaker 17: Okay, period, Okay, So entertainment, we're talking more Jada. How y'a feeling about talking about more Jada? I mean, the book drops today, so I feel like we kind of have to talk about. She keeps giving us stuff to talk about. So she made a few promo stops to defend her relationship with Will. It seems like things are kind of, I don't know, changing perspectives.
Speaker 1: A little bit.
Speaker 17: She put it up on Fat Joe to get her terror squad air force once, and while she was there.
Speaker 11: She kind of cleared some things up.
Speaker 1: Let's check it out.
Speaker 3: Me and Will we are in such.
Speaker 11: A good police.
Speaker 1: That's not what the tabloids. Tabloids and so everybody's sticking to. You know, we split up we've been.
Speaker 11: Separated, so it's like it with that, I'm just like we have been separated. But guess what, after the Oscars were back together.
Speaker 5: We came back to a little.
Speaker 16: Boy.
Speaker 3: He got a little and he said, Yo, will you know why I'm about to take.
Speaker 18: You that.
Speaker 3: I'm about to take you back?
Speaker 9: Will, Yes, there's been an energy shift. You know why there's been an energy shift? Why do you think because there was a conversation in the Smith household. Nobody can tell me different. So you think Will called him and nobody can tell me different. She went back on the Today's Show.
Speaker 1: But after being on the Today Show last running the show, I don't believe. I don't know who's running the show.
Speaker 9: I just know that there was a conversation had in that household because there was an energy ship for Fat Joe. There was any energy shift on Colbert and she went back on the Today's Show with Holder yesterday after just being there last week. So you think Will Willie will come on, y'all got common sense, y'all got common sense.
Speaker 10: I don't know.
Speaker 17: I feel like, like I said, I don't know. It just seems like Jada's running things. I don't know why the turn of events. Why she's changing her mind all of a sudden and kind of going back on those things. But I mean, could I have to do with the book release?
Speaker 1: It was a conversation she had in that house now, but you're Smith something she wears the pant pants in the house.
Speaker 5: Don't we have a clip from you Today Show?
Speaker 1: Yes, me and Puff would never. We are in a place now that we are in a deep healing space and we are really concentrating on healing the relationship between us.
Speaker 11: So it may not be the divorce on paper, And there's no divorce on me, not on paper.
Speaker 1: There might not be a divorce in theory anymore. Yeah, No, we really have been working hard. You were divorced, not on paper. But now we might be a point where we're back together. We are working very hard at bringing our relationship, yes, bringing our relationship to forever.
Speaker 10: Back to a marriage again, back to a life partnership.
Speaker 9: I'm telling you, Jada Pinkett Smith was just on Today's Show with Holder last week and she's been separated from.
Speaker 1: Will for seven years or however long it was.
Speaker 9: And then you popped back on the Today's Show yesterday singing a different tune there was a talk in that house.
Speaker 1: I believe brother Will said you need to go clean all that up, you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 9: And I don't know if the conversation was as intense as well when he was mad at his father leaving him again with a conversation.
Speaker 1: Was clearly had. I mean, well, I guess, I guess some type of conversation was had to be. But I don't know.
Speaker 17: Like you said, I mean, like the audio said, they're working on a life partnership. Has us pretty much confused, because even with the Oscar slap things, she was like that. She was confused about Will being so upset because he hadn't called her his wife, and sometimes so now with her saying that they're working on this partnership after the oscars, I don't know, it doesn't make a lot of.
Speaker 1: Sa There was a conversation had in that house.
Speaker 9: If Jada had that neuraliza for men in black, she would be hitting us all with it right now to make us forget everything.
Speaker 17: She said last week, Well, you know who's tired of all the Jada Slanda how mama? Okay, she's tired of everybody coming for her baby, and so she stepped in to defend Jada.
Speaker 6: But I do want to start out as your mama right to clarify some things because I'm a little tired.
Speaker 11: Of all the briall being thrown your way. I'm sick of it, and I just want to say that. You know, when you.
Speaker 14: Guys decided to separate, okay, that was the decision that both.
Speaker 2: Of you made.
Speaker 11: You're both separated. You did not cheat on Will.
Speaker 1: You're both both parties are living their lives both, okay, so it's.
Speaker 11: Not just you and I need to make that really clear.
Speaker 17: And you know, with big ups to moms on defending her baby because she is getting a lot of backlash right now.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but stuff like that just makes you want to ask more questions. Well, you know what that sounds like.
Speaker 7: That sounds like y'all Will both living your life, Like, Yeah, you did your little thing on the side because y'all was separated, so it was no cheating. But Will had this thing on the side as well. Yeah, both had separate lives. That's what the difference is. Will's thing on the side. Didn't do an interview with nobody and tell.
Speaker 17: Me that's the thing that's start We're getting too much information at one time that just like you said, it's just leaving us to ask more and more questions.
Speaker 9: Well guess but Jada won I sold. Amazon will be delivering my copy of word be between two pm and six pm today.
Speaker 1: She did what she had to do. I'm sure it's gonna be a lot of people behying that bucks. I'm getting my copy today too.
Speaker 5: It will be delivered between two and six pm today.
Speaker 1: Okay.
Speaker 9: I was in the middle of reading Domgue Ruiz's De Shaman's Path to Freedom. I put that to the side to get the white All right, give you won Jada. The book rollout was incredible. I've never seen a book roll out, one of the best ever.
Speaker 1: Well, I feel like people are still kind of questioning some things.
Speaker 18: I know.
Speaker 17: Jada was really open about a lot of her in her past, including selling drugs, and so Jim Jones.
Speaker 1: He questioned, you know, if Jada really sold Cracked.
Speaker 18: No, boy, my whole thing is, if you sold Cracking the nineties, nine times out of ten, there's still some Crackers in the neighborhood that can vouched that you were selling that. Butter, I don't know what Jada grew up at, but we need to go check and see they got some fiends that could verify that she was selling that thing.
Speaker 3: Back in the she had that butter.
Speaker 8: She had that butter on the block for sale.
Speaker 9: Now I missed Jada's selling crack thing that she said that she said, yeah, she said she didn't want to be a drug dealer's uh girlfriend that we got the clip.
Speaker 1: Even though I always had a regular job, I just wanted more financial freedom.
Speaker 11: I decided to sell drugs.
Speaker 1: So she was selling dopes so her brother could go to college. Why she ended up sleeping with that man? What man we to talk about? No note, were about to talk about.
Speaker 3: That in the morning.
Speaker 1: This was not a movie. This is not a movie. But when her brother wanted to go to college. Remember her brother was gonna go to college.
Speaker 19: And everything's not freshens, every day's not fresh, principal everything that I do remember, that's another movie. You can't put so many movies in the same miss crack man.
Speaker 9: I seen them people with that man to get the money for her brother to go to college, and any want going no morre and he ended up getting shot.
Speaker 15: Man.
Speaker 1: That's what I remember.
Speaker 11: Man, That was the same movie.
Speaker 1: She got away. She did she did get away after her brother died, though her brother did that. That was first anyways, last I want to talk about which this.
Speaker 17: I have mixed feelings about it because j Cole, of course, he has the infamous line I want that Jada and that will love, you know. And I feel like, as these things were happening and people were talking about that line as if you know, is it credible anymore? When he performed it live and he actually left that part out.
Speaker 1: The crowd ain't even sing it.
Speaker 9: I know, I have no problem with Jay Cole suspending that line from the time, but no, but I spend that line for the time being until we read worthy and see what the hell going on? We got to suspend that line for you know, as a rapping performer, there's times where he doesn't say things and the crowd says the crowd. A crowd say, that's that's still up. That's up for us, up in the air for that all right, jury is still out. And if we want that Jada and that will love right now.
Speaker 1: I don't think nobody wants that right now.
Speaker 3: You gotta read worthy first.
Speaker 1: And then I'll say it for him.
Speaker 3: The crowd, like.
Speaker 5: When we come back we got front page.
Speaker 9: We don't know if they want Jada and we'll love with Jada and Pocolove at this point, but we got to read worthy first.
Speaker 1: That's right now, front PAGs. When we come back, it's the Breakfast Club. Good morning, the Breakfast Club. Your mornings will never be the same morning, everybody.
Speaker 11: You see j n B.
Speaker 7: Charlemagne to God, we are the Breakfast Club. Let's get in some front page news.
Speaker 1: Up.
Speaker 11: What's going on? Good morning, everybody, Breakfast Club family.
Speaker 1: Our co host Moni Mules is joining us today. Good morning, good morning, sweet let's start. Let's jump right into it.
Speaker 8: Now.
Speaker 1: Our sports Cowboys be the charger of twenty seventeen.
Speaker 9: Now what was cowboys? The Los Angeles Charges twenty to seventeen. MANI in here, hay, me and here, hay. You're a commanders, man.
Speaker 1: I hate the new name, but yes I am okay, yes, Well, guess what we're on top of y'all in the NFC.
Speaker 17: We beat We beat the Falcons on Sunday, so you know it's it's we're getting in.
Speaker 3: Last night, humble, I said, Joe, what to.
Speaker 1: Michael Pausing? You know me? Gilmore? All right, appreciate you for holding it down when we needed you. All right, Now, let's talk about the Speaker of the House.
Speaker 11: Yeah, a quick Speaker of the House up.
Speaker 10: They just reminded the Republicans Republicans still do not have a Speaker of the House after they asked Kevin McCarthy, which clearly after they did that, they didn't have a backup plan. And we can tell today they are expected to try again and they're going to try to leg Jim Jordan as the speaker.
Speaker 11: Here is the update.
Speaker 20: There's a lot of tension within the House Republican conference about this. They of course voted to evict Kevin McCarthy about two weeks ago. Then the next in line, Steve Scalice, did not get the votes.
Speaker 1: He withdrew. Now it's on speaker.
Speaker 20: Speaker would be Speaker Jim Jordan, who is officially the conferences nominee for this job. He has not locked up the votes yet, but he put out a new letter to his colleagues sounding the note of unity, calling for them to rally behind him. Some of his colleagues we'll find this ironic given that Jordan is often been on the agitator end of the spectrum.
Speaker 10: Well, just a reminder why this is important again, we are remember they just had averted the government shut down, so the government shutdown really is technically on Paul. So they'll be voting for that again in November, and we need a Congress to actually do that. And then, don't forget everything that's going on right now with Israel. They have prepared a two billion dollar package to aid Israel, and so again we need a Congress to be some adults in the room and decide what's what, and that will be hard to do without a Speaker of the House.
Speaker 11: So we'll see what happened with that vote today.
Speaker 7: Okay, now we're going to talk about Donald Trump a gag order. Did the gag order mean anything that Donald Trump?
Speaker 21: Probably not.
Speaker 11: In fact, there was a vote out there yesterday.
Speaker 10: I saw online with people taking a vote to see how long he would I guess not by this gag order.
Speaker 11: Remember a couple of weeks ago he got another gag order.
Speaker 10: But this is the judge overseeing the federal election interference case issued a gag order yesterday.
Speaker 11: Let's listen to the report.
Speaker 21: But in this case in Washington, DC, he has been He's made a series of attacks on special counsel Jack Smith and people who work for him and others involved in the case. And this hearing today was to decide whether the judge should impose a limited gag order, and at the end of two hours of arguing back and forth, she decided that she would do that. She's prohibiting foreign President Trump from maligning prosecutors in court personnel. It's not clear, by the way, if she included herself on that list. We'll find out when she issues the written order. And he's also prohibited from attacking witnesses in the context of this case.
Speaker 1: Didn't he already isn't like his second gag order? Didn You get a gag order a couple of months ago.
Speaker 11: A couple months agos cople weeks ago, back to back.
Speaker 10: You got the gag order that was about him talking about the judge's staff and and so you know, because he has said that the judge that one of the staff members was dating Mitch McConnell I believe, And so he got a gag order with that. This will be the second one that he got. And literally while he was in the hearing, he was posting about it. Literally while he was getting the gag order, he was talking, and he said the Trump gag order that the corrupt Biden administration is trying to obtain is totally unconstitutional. So he talked about the gag order again while he got the gag order the Georgia. The judge went on to say that mister Trump can certainly claim that he's being unfairly prosecuted, but I cannot imagine any other criminal case in which the defendant is permitted, permitted to call the prosecutor deranged or a thug, and I will not permit it here simply because he's running for a political office.
Speaker 9: Well, giving Trump a gag order is pointless as giving Nick Cannon the conduct Like you know, he's going to ignore it. It means absolutely nothing to him. And none of y'all gonna burn him for not using one and tell there's consequences.
Speaker 3: We picked that.
Speaker 1: Until there's consequences to the actions, you don't care, Like, what's the point of giving him a gag order when he violated you ain't go do nothing about it? What's the point? And what if the consequence of violating the gag order, Like if one of us regular folks was to get a gagored and we violated it. What would happen? I don't even know what would happened. What's the legal do they lock you up?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 10: Well usually you can be held to content, you know, that can be Yeah, a whole lot, can have a regular person filelates a gag or.
Speaker 11: To buy a judge, you know.
Speaker 1: So, yeah, that's right.
Speaker 11: Well, one last quick update I.
Speaker 10: Wanted to give everybody because this is important. If you drive a Ford or Mercedes Bins. I drive Mercedes Bins, but I don't drive this particular car. There is a recall. So if you're out there rolling right now, two hundred and thirty thousand Ford Explorers are now being asked.
Speaker 11: To U I guess, get it checked out because they have a rollaway risk.
Speaker 10: And the Mercedes Benz is recalling five thousand, three hundred and twenty six vehicles of the twenty twenty two, twenty twenty three a MG SL fifty five and the AMG SL sixty three, and they believe the starters and the alternator electrical wiring may not be in place. So if you're out there rolling any of those two vehicles, make sure you turn it in and get it checked out. Want to make sure you're driving safe so I want to make sure everybody has.
Speaker 1: Quarter million cars. That's a lot. That's a lot.
Speaker 5: That's a lot cars recalled.
Speaker 1: That's a whole lot.
Speaker 7: Well, what usually happens if one person gets into an accident one of these cars and it finds to be a falsey part It could be from that one call, but they recall them just in case to make sure it doesn't happen again. So they recall every cause from that year model. But like you said, yeah, you don't blame me. You want to make sure everybody safe.
Speaker 1: And also too, back to the Trump thing, I'm looking at it now.
Speaker 9: It says that if he was to violate the gag order, the judge could give him a stern warning, financial af penities, possible home attention, or even incarceration before a trial. They ain't not gonna do none of at the Trump Nope, none of it. Nope, none, nope. I would like to see it, but it ain't gonna happen, not at all. All Right, Well that is Front page News.
Speaker 1: Thank you, test.
Speaker 9: Absolutely, and make sure you follow at tesling figure on all social media platforms at tesling figure o and subscribe to this great shot no chase of podcasts hosted by Tesslin Figuro on The Black Effect Ieheart Radio podcast Network.
Speaker 7: All right, now, when we come back, we're gonna have a conversation with Jonathan Green Black. He's the director of the Anti Defamation League. We're gonna talk to him about everything that's going on with Israel and Palestina.
Speaker 1: That's right.
Speaker 7: And then next hour, Mark Lamont Hill will be joining us, Professor Mark Lamont Hill and he'll be breaking it down as well. A lot to discuss, So keep a lock. This the Breakfast Club on be et, The Breakfast Club.
Speaker 5: Good morning everybody.
Speaker 7: It's DJ NV Charlamagne the God. We are the Breakfast Club. We got a special guest in the building. Yes, indeed, the director of the Anti Defamation Lead, Jonathan green Black.
Speaker 1: Welcome back.
Speaker 8: Good morning, DJ.
Speaker 1: How you feeling this morning?
Speaker 8: You know, I'm glad I'm here. I'm glad I'm here. We've definitely got stuff to talk about.
Speaker 9: Man, what is going on in the world for people that don't know, don't understand what is going on in Israel and Godzla, what is happening?
Speaker 8: Look, these are dark days. I would say that this last week has probably been the toughest week of my adult life. So last Friday night, around one point thirty in the morning, I got a call from that of my Israel office, who lives in a town called Modeen, and she said, Jonathan, there are hundreds, maybe thousands of rockets coming into Israel. She said, I don't know exactly what's going on, but you need to know something's up. And so then I called my other staff in Israel and was basically up all night trying to figure out what was going on. And then I would say it was around six in the morning that we started to get word here of what had actually happened. So it turned out that those rockets that were sent by Ramas into you know, civilian targets in Israel were sort of a cover or a distraction for what was really happening, which was this terrorist infiltration and the massacres that took place up and down the Gaza border in all of these surrounding towns. And they were brutal, I mean, the stories that are still coming out, more than thirteen hundred civilians not just killed, although they were, I mean it was a slaughter.
Speaker 1: What he said, the largest were the largest number of Jewish people killed in one day since.
Speaker 8: The Holocaust Jesus is I think the largest active terrorism since nine to eleven. I think it's one of the largest acts of terrorism since the Second World War. And these people weren't just killed, I mean they were slaughtered. When as they slaughtered, they were raped, they were tortured. Babies were burned in their cribs. Children were executed in front of their parents. Parents were executed in front of their children. Elderly people were shot in the head at point blank range. And they didn't just kill Israeli Jews. Israeli Arabs were killed Asian people who live and work in Israel. There were videos of Thai people being killed. I saw one man a video of one man being He's bloodied, he'd been brutalized, being beheaded with a shovel. Filipino workers were killed. A lot of people died at this music festival. It was a music festival, a peace festival. And these men came in on like mechanized hand gliders of some sort with autotic weapons and gunned down approximately two hundred and sixty young people. These are boys and girls and teenagers. Shot them in the back. Some of the people who come in on land were dressed as Israeli medics. They were in like uniforms, you know, and they were in the parking lot. Apparently they stationed themselves in the parking lot. These men flew in and as I understand, the concert goers were filmed it on their phones because these people were coming in, they thought it was part of the show. It's like a rave shot at them, and the people ran and they ran to the parking lot and there were medics there who they thought came into help, and then the medics took out their guns because they were actually these terrorists and killed them all. They burned people alive in their cars. And of course the people that they didn't kill, that they didn't maime, that they didn't mutilate. They raped a lot of the women before they killed them. There were stories about women who were shot in the legs so they couldn't run and then raped. Some of them were killed, but a number of them and others were then seized and brought into Gaza. And so we know this because we have the footage. This is the thing. We have the footage of all of this because these people gleefully videoed it on their phones. It was a story that I heard about one girl who saw the video of her grandmother being killed because they came into her home. They had the grandmother, oh, give them her phone, open her phone, they videoed themselves killing the grandmother. Then they uploaded it to the WhatsApp chats on her phone. So that's how the grandmother saw her grandmother die in the family WhatsApp chat.
Speaker 1: Well, the grandmother saw her grandmother.
Speaker 8: The granddaughter, sorry if I said it wrong. The granddaughter learned that her grandmother had been killed because these men uploaded the video into into the family WhatsApp chat from the grandmother's phone. But they've seed a lot of these people and they've brought them into Gaza. And again we have the footage of all this. We have the footage of the murders. We have the footage of the torture. We have the footage of the beheadings, a footage of these people and Godza like. There's a number of videos you may have seen them. There's one video of a young woman battered and bleeding, forced out of a car, mocked by the crowd, and then lit on fire, set on fire in front of all of these people. There's a video another video I've seen of a young girl brought out of a car, bleeding from the crotch. I mean it's bloody, you know, and they're leading her through and they're chanting and whooping and hollering like she's some kind of trophy or something. So I mean, these things, these videos, like, I can't get them out of my mind.
Speaker 3: You know.
Speaker 8: We talk about what happened in Rwanda, we talk about what happened in Cambodi, we talked about happened in the Holocaust, and these are like things over there, and I'm not minimizing them at all, but oftentimes these are incidents for which we don't have the live footage and it's hard for us to relate to them.
Speaker 1: Do you think this is start another World War?
Speaker 8: I don't know. I think America sent that big aircraft carry over there as a warning to the Iranians. Look again, Hamas is funded by Iran. The Hamas government. They don't trade with other countries, they don't build industry. Seventy percent of their budget comes from Iran. So again, this is so, how does it happen that they are at war with their own people, impoverishing them at they're war with Israel. It's because they don't have any accountability so America, and they're a proxy, They're a militia, they're like an extension of the Iranian Revolutionary Guard, their army. Okay, So if Israel goes into Gaza, as they will, is that going to prompt other countries to get involved? I think America moved its aircraft carrier over there as assigned to the Iranians. Don't get involved, all right?
Speaker 7: We got more with Jonathan green Black when we come back, So don't move. It's the breakfast club in the morning. Morning everybody, as DJ NV Charlamageade, we are to breakfast club. We're still kicking it with Jonathan green Blad, he's the director of the Anti Defamation League, and we're talking Israel, Palestine, Gaza this morning. When the world sees a terrorist group, we usually go and try to find or get that terrorist group.
Speaker 8: Right.
Speaker 1: How come that hasn't been the same for this case, or has it been?
Speaker 8: It's a really good question, ENPCE. So yeah, HAMAS is a foreign terrorist organization designated by the US State Departments of the governments. And yet I would say that the Israelis don't assassinate, kidnap, arrest, Hamas figures around the world. They don't do that. Maybe they should. They don't because they usually.
Speaker 1: Do that for other quote unquote terrorists groups.
Speaker 8: In the United States, has the United Kingdom has for sure. The Israelis don't do that. Maybe they should. I mean, yeah, the Israeli, I mean the Hamas. Like you know that wall, the terrible wall that's built in much of the West Bank. It's a terrible thing. It's a terrible thing. The Israelis built it after Hamas did a wave of suicide bombings. If you remember this, they had people strap themselves with explosives and go into cafes and dance clubs and go on public buses and thousands of Israelis were killed in the nineties. And that's why they did that. Sorry, it was the early two thousands of the nineties. Uh but you know, no, Actually, I'm wrong. It was the mid nineties, and it was in response to the Oslo Accords. It was in a response that pushed for a two state solution. Hamas doesn't want a two state solution. They don't they say it, they have demonstrated it. And again, when you butcher children, like when you behead babies, clearly you have reached a point where you do not think the other side are people. I mean, you do not think that Israelis, whether they call us Israelis or Zionis or Jewus, all the same. You don't think they're people. You think they're animals. You think they're less than animals. We don't burn animals alive, We don't behead animals, we don't rape animals.
Speaker 5: We don't do that.
Speaker 8: And I think you can clearly see through their actions that they regard these they regard Jews as subhuman. And you know, I think it's also hard for us, it's probably hard for your audience, Like, look twenty.
Speaker 1: Twenty three, Yeah, why is it still happen?
Speaker 8: Yeah, we got electric cars, artificial intelligence, we've cracked the genome code, we're trying to address climate change. I mean, you don't think, you don't expect that there are people out there who are so brainwashed and are so suffused with hate. But you know, I wrote this book. I was on your show talking about my book it could happen here, And the point of the book It could Happen here was what happens when hate goes to the unthinkable, and how can we stop it? Like, and the whole point of the book was when you use this hateful rhetoric, when you demonize people, when you dehumanize them, it creates a conditions in which genocide can happen. And so which why we got to stop it. Why we speak out against hate when we see it anti Semitism, anti black racism, anti you know, Hispanic xenophobia, you speak out against it, because if you don't see we got against hateful comments, it can you know, sort of like evolve, or can move up the chain from comments to actions, to systemic policies, to violence to genocide. And when I wrote that two years ago, it was certainly based on things like the Holocaust. It was based on things like Rwanda. It was based on what I thought the world had learned. And yet here we are, you know, literally sifting through the rubble and counting the bodies, trying to identify the victims in a way which suggests we haven't learned the lessons at all.
Speaker 9: What would you say to people who say that, because you said you've criticized the istual government before, Sure have MSNBC I saw something yesterday. It was said Israel's far right government fuel tensions with Hamath, what.
Speaker 8: Would you say to look at Kamas wrote their charter in nineteen eighty seven. Nineteen eighty seven, last year, the Israeli government was a coalition. It's a coalition government. They had Jews and Muslims in the government. They hadn't they had gay and straight and conservative and liberal. This government is certainly more conservative, more right wing than that one. But the fact of the matter is Hamas didn't change their charter when they were, you know, Palestinian Arabs in the Israeli government. So I don't think it matters who's in the Israeli government, bb Net and Yahoo in the government Hamas, I don't.
Speaker 1: Think so, and I can see so I do. I'm not gonna do what they do regardless.
Speaker 8: Hamas is going to do what they do regardless. Hamas's charter hasn't changed. So it's certainly true that, like I have been, someone who's been pushing the Israeli government for years to negotiate with the Palestinian authority to try to find ways, try to explore, try to use their kind of political and moral imagination to find ways to bridge gaps. Because I meant what I said before, by two state solution but when, but when?
Speaker 2: The uh?
Speaker 8: When I see no public demonstrations in the Arab capitols, when I see no words from the Palestinian leadership, when I see them, in fact, celebrating and hooting and hollering and giving out candies, it feels like they don't want a two state solution, They want a final solution. And the final solution is the term that Hitler used to describe what he wanted for Europe, which was to exterminate all the Jews. And what we saw happen this weekend in Israel was an extermination of the Jews. And so for Jewish people like me, who live just two generations from genocide, is this isn't you know a book, This isn't some abstraction, This is reality.
Speaker 1: You think the US is doing enough?
Speaker 8: No, So I would like right now to make sure if Hamas is a foreign terrorist organization like you were asking Envy, like we shouldn't allow people to provide supplies or support for Hamas. We should give We should pressure Cutter where these people are living, all the leadership to extradct those people to Israel so they can stand trial for their crimes. We have a big military base and cutter there quote unquote an ally, there are also Hamas leadership in Turkey. We should pressure our allies in Turkey to have those people stand trial. We should make sure that there's not a single cent from anywhere and that goes to Haramas coffers. And finally, Iran. We need to be a lot tougher on Iran because Iran, if you cut off Iran and you cut off the flow of money, it would force Commas to realize they have to work with their neighbors, you know, and can't try to mutilate and murder them. So I think I'd like to see our country do more to quell the flow of money and arms and ideas from Iran to Ramas.
Speaker 7: Some of the big conversations with celebrities not mentioning it and wanted to know what your thought about it when they mentioned Drake or they mentioned dj Khalit whose kalid As Palestinian and Drake is Jush Well, so when you.
Speaker 1: See celebrities not talking about it, how do you feel about it?
Speaker 8: I feel sad, I feel a loan like celebrities didn't hesitate to say black lives matter, and they should like just so we're clear after the death of George Floyd. Of course they should. And you know, celebrities ran to talk about and influencers and people like I don't know exactly what Drake or DJ College said.
Speaker 1: Didn't know, they didn't say anything. People saying it, but they never do though they wouldn't.
Speaker 8: Yes, So like I don't. I don't want to pick on them in particularly celebrities in total, because they it's hard. I mean, as a Jewish person when you see when you look, I've stood for Black Lives Matter. I fought, you know, I fought to stop Asian hate. We launched the Asian American Vitition for goodness sakes, I'm I you know. I co chaired the sixteen vers that march on Washington with whoever now a few weeks ago. And I've proudly stood and we'll continue to with the NBA and the Urban League and LDF and all these groups. These are my friends, and their cause is just and I'm not going to stop. But like the Movement for Black Lives the talk that justifies the genocide of Jews, that says Zionism is racism, anti Zionism isn't just an anti Semitism. I used to say that. I used to say anti Zionism is anti Semitism because dehumanizing Jews, right, or saying I love the Jewish people. It's just the Jewish state that's illegitimate and needs to be destroyed. So I've said for years anti Zionism is anti Semitism.
Speaker 1: All right, man, there you have it. The director of the Anti Defamation League, Jonathan green Black. It's the Breakfast Club. Good morning morning. Everybody is DJ n V Charlomagne the guy.
Speaker 7: We are the Breakfast Club. We have Moni Mills joining us today. Yes, right, she's from the Beat Nashville.
Speaker 1: But see, I'm like just category categorizing just Nashville. So I'm from d C. So I gotta shut out my DC people. I lived in South Carolina.
Speaker 17: That's kind of where I built my brand for like eight years. So shout out to the met three eight oh three.
Speaker 1: Yep, yep, yep.
Speaker 9: It's Luthor Money Mills. And you know sluthor Jonathan green Black. Uh, he runs the ad L, the Anti Defamation League. We just had him up here and uh, clearly he's pro Israel, right, that's right. And so next our marklemont.
Speaker 7: Hill will be here, Professor Marklemont Mark lemont Hill and Mark wrote a book called Except for Palestine.
Speaker 9: You know he's pro Palestine. He's pro Palestine. So you know we're gonna hear from marklemont Hill next hour.
Speaker 8: That's right.
Speaker 1: And I see the phone lines lighting up.
Speaker 9: I wish we could take some phone because I want I want our people to, yeah, just to see what the folks are saying, because I feel like, you know, this is a great conversation to be having. The reason it's a great conversation to be having because whether you like it or not, you know, your tax dollars are funding Israel's military.
Speaker 1: Yeah, not only that, you know, they just talked about deploying soldiers two thousand, two thousand soldiers over there. So absolutely definitely want to know.
Speaker 7: And there's so much going on, and you know, the reason we wanted to do that so that way you can hear from both sides and try to understand what's going on.
Speaker 1: Because you know, I'm confused, just like anybody else.
Speaker 9: You can't say, you know, you gotta you're worrying about things that are going on, and you know, your own backyard because the reality is you might have a friend that's being deployed that you sit in your backyard with. And like I said before, you know, US tax dollars are supporting Israel and it's military for seventy five years, so you should know where your money going. And I don't know about y'all, but I had to pay taxes yesterday. So being that I had to pay taxes yesterday, I need to know what my money going because yesterday was something serious. All right, all right, all praiser.
Speaker 1: Do to God though, I'm just good to have those conversations looking at me like that for now, because I had to pay my taxes yesterday too. Yeah, because yesterday was the tax deadline if you got your if you had an extension, oh yeah, and you wait to see the last minute. I waited the last minute. Let's do it. My financially too, I definitely got the clothes like, yeah, you need to pay this today. I said, it is what it is. I can't not pay it. So you know, I need to know what my tax dollars are going.
Speaker 9: So being at the US tax dollars have supported Israel in this military for seventy five years, I need to know what's going on over there.
Speaker 1: So March lamont he will be here next hour. That's right saying all that to say that, yes, yes, and we got rooms on away money what we were talking about, yes, Okay, So Drake has hit a huge milestone with Michael Jackson, so we'll be talking about that, all right, we'll get to that next it don't move. It's the Breakfast Club. Morning morning, everybody. It's j n V.
Speaker 7: Charlomagne the guy. We are the Breakfast Club and our guess co hosts money.
Speaker 1: Meals with us. Let's get right to the rooms. That's good morning.
Speaker 11: I'm vetted up in here, you know.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, it's rude. I just wonder I pray.
Speaker 3: Because you got again on the Breakfast Club.
Speaker 1: You know what's gonna be crazy.
Speaker 7: You ain't had your head phones up. It wasn't on your phones, wasn't on no, ok you didn't have the intro me.
Speaker 1: Okay, you heard okay, all right, apociated the intro? Yeah I heard it. Okay, let's get to the room. Port.
Speaker 17: There's been a lot of Drake slander in this studio. Where's your uh, Charlamagne, where's your Paula Santo? Yeah, wall yeah, we need that for Drake this morning.
Speaker 1: Okay.
Speaker 17: Anyways, we have some good news about Drake. However, he has tied Michael jacks Well, I don't know. I guess it might not be good news for everybody, but Drake has tied Michael Jackson on the Billboard charts his record first person shooter.
Speaker 1: Anybody familiar. Oh that's the one with Jake Cole, Right, yeah, I love it.
Speaker 17: Anyways, that's not charge number one on the Billboard Hot one hundred, officially tying him to Michael Jackson's record for the mail act with the most number one records on the Billboard chart history. So they're at number thirteen. Okay, well they have thirteen number ones on the Billboard one hundred. Him and Michael Jackson.
Speaker 1: Were dropping the clues bombs to Drake. Drake will beat that, though, but congrats the tra will.
Speaker 9: I actually saw him say that he beat it already, but for some reason, they didn't count sickle mold. Sickle Mold was number one, but they didn't count it for some reason.
Speaker 17: Now that's a rushing Yeah, it's not. I don't see it on this list here, So I'm not sure. How are you feeling about though? You know him time with Michael Jackson, but times changing, you know when Michael Jackson, of course.
Speaker 1: You had to go out Jeda battle record.
Speaker 7: I mean it's a fair time change. I mean he's still he's still gonna beat the record. You know, Drake is still a phenomenal artist. You can't take that away from Drake.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, I know. The first thing people say is Drake isn't know Michael Jackson. In the reality, he's not. But Drake is Drake and this is still an incredible feat.
Speaker 9: It is because if it wasn't, someone else would have done it already, nobody's done it, you know.
Speaker 1: So he did it. So saluted Drake.
Speaker 9: And he got Cole his first number one, and one of our producers, Brandon he said earlier, he said Drake only got that number one because of Cole. I will push back and say that's not true, because Drake got what seven of the top ten records on Billboard right now, And yep, this is Cole's first number one. Corey has done a lot of features and a lot of his own songs, it never had a number one.
Speaker 1: I'm surprised all my life with a Dirk was number one.
Speaker 17: I'm surprised too, actually, I mean, not to go through them all of them, but I mean God's Plan of course was one, which was a big one. Way too Sexy was another one. So I mean some Tuessey slide. Everybody was doing a tucy slide accomplishing.
Speaker 1: Everybody was not doing the damn too is. Everybody was doing it. Your kids were doing it to you, they were not. That touessy slide came and went. That was That's when the Drake most trash records, but it was the number one nonetheless did what it was supposed to.
Speaker 7: But it's because Drake has such a huge fan base that is always so curious about his music. So Drake can put out a record and everybody number one, everybody's going run the scream it and then radio is going rush to play it.
Speaker 9: When you combine those two things, you're going charge high. But I think that's not act like Tuccie slide. But I think that's the slide was for a demographic.
Speaker 1: It was it was a lot of kids doing they were you just just because you wasn't happy, Just because you wasn't Everybody was not doing it to say. Everybody that said there was a demographic.
Speaker 2: That was it, you know it.
Speaker 1: But they did that and those were probably paid. You shut up, man, He's what I'm saying. Why not be making me hate?
Speaker 3: I was giving that.
Speaker 1: It was you people, weren't. You got me on here telling the truth of y'all't want me to tell the truth? Fake props slide. That's whatever side left. But let's not focus on Tessie slide. Focus on Uh there's number.
Speaker 5: One time, okay.
Speaker 17: But speaking of number one, uh, Like I said, Drake and Michael Jackson has had with thirteen, but Rihanna is actually ahead fourteen number one, Mariah Carey went nineteen and then of course the Beatles were twenty. So I'm sure Drake will can continue to climb. But that's what the records are looking like for the most.
Speaker 1: I mean, the guy's only what thirty six six seven?
Speaker 17: Okay, yea, because they're trying to hold him old. I'm like, dang, thirty six old.
Speaker 9: Now he keeps going at this pace, you know, with this type of fan base, he can break a lot of those records.
Speaker 1: He will, especially with the way screaming and stuff set up.
Speaker 8: Yep.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Jake will always be Drake. That's my opinion. Drake fan here.
Speaker 17: Anyways, Prayers going out to Dad I'm sorry.
Speaker 1: No, no, no, are we playing to tucy slide? No?
Speaker 17: No, no, no, no, okay, okay. So prayers went out to DC Young Fly. Not sure if you saw or not, but he did announce the death of his sister. So he shared with us on social media that this is actually his third loss over the past year. He lost his cousin. Of course, he lost Shackie. Oh and so now he lost his sister. So definitely want to send some major love out the DC Young Fly.
Speaker 9: Always absolutely that was stend in healing energy. The DC young Fly press off his family real press. I saw that yesterday and put one in the air.
Speaker 1: He's definitely a strong dude, strong dude. I also want to talk about Holle Bailey.
Speaker 17: I guess I have mixed feelings about talking about this because I'm like, okay, if she wants us to be a private thing, I don't feel right.
Speaker 1: Talking about it. But I mean it's out there. She is in photos with DDG.
Speaker 17: She has on like this big oversized sweater and anyway, she obviously looks very pregnant in these photos.
Speaker 1: I think you would know better than us. I mean, you know what a bump.
Speaker 9: You got six kids, you mean, but I say, Hoighy pregnant every two months.
Speaker 17: Well, she had a photo that came out, which I mean it could have been old or whatever, but she didn't look pregnant at all, so I was kind of I've kind of been going back and forth about it. This one definitely steals the deal. I don't know, you know, if it's a privacy thing, unfortunately, because her life is not private.
Speaker 1: I mean, you know, it is what it is. I've had a pregnancy where I didn't want to like tell the world.
Speaker 7: I don't want her to have a little mermaid so bad. Every couple of months, y'all say Holly is pregnant.
Speaker 1: But I guess you just don't believe it until I don't. I mean, I don't know that's but did you see these photos? But literally there is a rumor every other month that she's pregnant. Am I making this up? Well it started.
Speaker 17: We just steals the deal, however, but I don't know, we'll see. I guess maybe a little burmaid.
Speaker 1: Good luck to them.
Speaker 17: Fans have been reacted to the picture anyways, if she has. Congratulations to Hollie.
Speaker 1: Okay, all right, well thank you for that. There you go, Yes, we're giving that donkey.
Speaker 9: Two man for after the hour. We need this police unit to come to the front of the congregation from Nebraska. I think that is Sarpie County Sheriff's office. I feel like there's an unjust arrest out there that happened that we need to discuss for after the hour. All right, we'll get to that, and you got two s slot. We'll just play top of the Hour.
Speaker 1: We don't come on. They requested from Charlotte. Play that, play the place sexy right now. Play Rich Baby Daddy. Now that's the joint. Play a little bit of Tusie slide. Body need Tuccie slide. That's a waste of a spin. Play rich Baby Daddy. Man, that's the Breakfast Baby Dad, the Breakfast Club. Your mornings will never be the same.
Speaker 5: Up to today's time.
Speaker 1: Damn, he hogged.
Speaker 3: It's time for donkey, I mean trying to beat donkey today.
Speaker 2: No more.
Speaker 1: They should be embarrassed by what they already did. I'm not making these people do these things called donkey of the day, And it really caught me off guard.
Speaker 11: Damn Charlamagne, who got the donkey.
Speaker 1: Out of the day today?
Speaker 3: Wow?
Speaker 9: Wow, jesshilarious Donkey today for Tuesday, October seventeenth goes the police officers in Nebraska. I think it's the Sarpy County Sheriff's office today is the seventeenth right, Yes, it is now an unjust the rest happen, you know, unjust the rest happen all the time in this country. I have no problem with law enforcement locking up individuals who actually commit crimes, and everybody is innocent until proven guilty in there.
Speaker 1: But this arrest is simply not right.
Speaker 3: Man.
Speaker 7: There's a forty one year old man named Ryan Smith who was arrested for burglary, criminal trustpassing, and tampering with physical evidence. Serious charges, Okay, nothing to play with at all, But I don't think he should have had the charges in the first place.
Speaker 1: See.
Speaker 7: Ryan works at a funeral home named Mid America First Call, and that company removes transports and bombs and creamates bodies. He's responsible for transporting dead bodies to and fro back and forth, and last week he decided to have sex.
Speaker 1: With a.
Speaker 3: Sex doll.
Speaker 1: I know what y'all thought I was gonna say. You thought I was gonna say he was giving the stiffy to a stiff.
Speaker 9: You thought I was gonna say he out here cutting corpse coachie giving that d to the day.
Speaker 5: No, he wasn't doing that.
Speaker 9: What had happened was he was having sex with a life stile sex doll that belonged to a dead man and he was transporting.
Speaker 2: Now.
Speaker 1: According to WOWT Nebraska, Ryan and a colleague went to go collect the body of a dead man who died in natural death. That man owned a life size sex doll that caught the eye of Ryan. Like, Ryan walked in the house, He's going to get the dead body, but he saw the sex doll. He's like, ooh. Now Ryan must have been thinking about this life size sex doll all day long, because he allegedly called the property manager of the apartment complex and claimed the Sarpy County Sheriff's office was sending him back to the unit to collect the sex doll so it could be.
Speaker 9: Swabbed for a biopsy. What's the property manager founders are?
Speaker 7: So of course he denied in the request for that didn't stop Ryan, Oh, they didn't stop o Ryan.
Speaker 1: Ryan went back to help himself. He went back into the dead man's apartment. Now I have a question, is it trustpassing if the person's dead? Mm? See, everybody just wroom thinking about this lesson.
Speaker 5: Trust prapping up the person.
Speaker 9: The person lived by hisself and he's dead and he got no family, and you know he's dead and heir.
Speaker 1: Is that trust passing? He ain't got no family? About this for a second. No, well yes, if he has family, no family, it was just him, then no, there's nobody to file charge. That's all I'm saying. Right, So it's not trespassing, That's what I'm saying. So Ryan went back to this apartment because he knew that the tenant was no longer with us, all right, So I just want you to think about this is a trustpassing? If the person is dead, you think, so mony, who is he trespassing against? Because there's nobody there, But it's still not his who is it?
Speaker 16: That is?
Speaker 3: That's all?
Speaker 1: And I know for a fact the person ain't dead because I put him in a little freezer early. Yeah, I'm saying, tend you this story. It's getting good now.
Speaker 9: Ryan got busted by the property manager because the property manager heard noises coming from inside the apartment.
Speaker 1: Not noises.
Speaker 9: Coming from the apartment. We got we got some veillance everywhere. Breakfast club can get all kind of audio and videos. The apartment was dead bolted and locked with a chain, you know. But then Ryan walked out with his clothing to shovel, you know, buckling up his pants, and he warned the manager he would return with a.
Speaker 1: Warrant for the doll. No, yes, he fell in love, That's what I'm saying.
Speaker 9: Good is this rubber poom poom? Ryan wenting there, he hit probably didn't even wash it out either. That dead man been skeating in that plastic.
Speaker 5: Doll for who knows how long.
Speaker 9: And Ryan just went back to the house and ran up in the rubber raw and it was so good that when he got caught by the property manager, he told the property manager, I'm coming back with a warrant to get that, all right, I would not be denied.
Speaker 1: Goddamn.
Speaker 9: Now, the property manager called the police because he thought Ryan would come back, break in and steal property. Investigators arrived and noticed that several items inside the union had been moved since the death investigation earlier that day, And now officers are planning to request the NA samples from the doll.
Speaker 1: And Ryan was fired from his job at the funeral home.
Speaker 3: You know what, I'm calling it audible.
Speaker 1: I gotta call an audible on this one. The police did their job all right round, applaud the police. Okay, I didn't read this whole story.
Speaker 9: Ryan is getting donky of the day because Ryan, you could have just took a picture of the doll.
Speaker 1: Okay, you could have got the model number, the serial number, the brand name, whatever it was. You could have went and bought your own sex doll.
Speaker 7: You Now, sometimes you know, if you look at a woman and you know that's a once in a lifetime woman, you like, Damn, I'll never see a woman like that.
Speaker 5: Ever, Again, this isn't the case.
Speaker 1: Well, maybe it is expensive. He got a job, he got a joke, he got a job, he worked at the funeral home. You could have went and bought your own doll. Not only did you lose your job and put plastic over your paper. Do you know how nasty it is to be putting your poenix, your penix junior into a sex doll that somebody else is already filled with that gentleman's relish. Please let me Ma give Brian Smith the biggest sea hull. He he haw he ha, stupid motherfucker. Are you dumb?
Speaker 7: M M no, no, what but you said when he walked in, you said, he looked at the doll, and the doll looked back at him.
Speaker 1: So you can't buy enough a doll. That that's a connection that they have. Yeah, if it's one thing we learned really justifying this.
Speaker 9: That he's stupid, that's a little that's a little rereal, that's what. That's a little rereal. But that's my that's my brother. Mama, don't let me walk into the playground by hisself. I gotta hold his hand.
Speaker 1: I mean, that is a little off just to find a connection.
Speaker 9: I let his hand go. He's gonna go run in the highway and start playing with the cars coming, you know.
Speaker 15: What I mean.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's what pray.
Speaker 11: You gotta pray.
Speaker 1: I pray. That's what we pray for. He pray for little Read. Make sure you got his helmet on too. That's my little that's my hand.
Speaker 9: The bathroom, I'm gonna I'm gonna take you. I ain't hold I ain't I'm gonna take you. Put your helmet on, I'll take you. I want I don't want you to hurt yourself on the way to the goodness.
Speaker 1: No, that's very bizarre. Ryan is wild for that. Wow boy, Yeah wild wild boy could have bought another one. You want to play a game, We'll tell BT piece and then we play a game BT I see later piece BT Alright, let's play a game of guess what.
Speaker 11: Ray.
Speaker 9: Ryan Smith, forty one years old works at the funeral home. Was transporting a dead body, but a sex dog caught his eye, so he went back to have sex with the sex doll.
Speaker 5: Oh, he's from Nebraska, miney, guess what?
Speaker 1: Dang, I gotta guess who race he is more? Okay, I'm gonna just help you. Spanishish, tell me watch Spanish. I just didn't want to say white. Everybody's thinking wow, money.
Speaker 18: And he was.
Speaker 3: I know he's white, but no he was Spanish.
Speaker 9: Jesus Christ j y and b Ryan Smith, forty one years old from Nebraska, worked at the funeral home. Walking into an apartment to trans for the dead body, saw sex doll that caught his eye, decided to go back and have sex with it.
Speaker 1: Dj envy what right white?
Speaker 9: Dj envy Manny. One of you is wrong, one of you was after right, and the correct person is DJ Ryan Smith Caucasi.
Speaker 1: He looks like he would do something like that. That's January sixth, Capitol right, white, look at him. Look, look, I hate this show. I love it.
Speaker 8: Hate this show.
Speaker 1: I can see why people hate it, but I love it. Oh my goodness. All right, let's get serious now. Yes, we got a guest coming in.
Speaker 9: Yes, Mark Lamont Hill, professor hells right, he's written a book called Except for Palestine. That's right, absolutely, for the Liberation of the Palestinians. And we had Jonathan green Black, head of the ad L here, last album. And we'll just continue the discussion.
Speaker 7: Continue this conversation. That's right, Israel and Gaza and Palestine. Yes, all right, so we'll talk to him when we come back, So don't move. It's the Breakfast Club on morning.
Speaker 3: The Breakfast Club.
Speaker 1: Morning.
Speaker 7: Everybody is DJ env Charlamage the God. We are the Breakfast Club. We got a special guest in the building. Yes, indeed, you got the brother Mark Lamont Hill. Morning morning, y'all.
Speaker 9: Last hour, we had Jonathan Green Black here from the head of the ad L. And you know, of course he's he's I would say pro Israel, that's safe to say.
Speaker 1: Right, yeah, yeah, yes, And you know, Mark, I was thinking about all the people that I know who've been to Israel, been to Pakistan, who's been speaking about this issue for.
Speaker 5: A long time.
Speaker 1: For a long time, Mark has not only just been one of them, Marcus taking bullets, you know, for speaking out and being pro Palestine. Can you detail people of what's going on there from your view, because you would get to the heck lettle b and then he could talk about that so people can understand it. A lot of Jonathan Firstan because people might not know this is a new hour, they might not know what's going on.
Speaker 9: They connect because Jonathan is replying to the event instead of taking place in Israel and then Gaza over the last.
Speaker 8: Week or two.
Speaker 9: I think where he and I agree one hundred percent is that this is an awful and unprecedented tragedy. There's no way to even wrap your mind fully around what it means for over a thousand.
Speaker 1: People to be killed.
Speaker 9: Correct, The attacks that happened in Israel were devastating. As someone who believes in justice, and as someone who believes in human rights, and as someone who believes that international law and rules of war have to be followed, I would say and I'm speaking from me and lots of other people, but I'm almost representing my opinion right now that Hamas's attack was a violation of international law. As an organization rooted in Islamic principles, it's also violation of religious law to attack civilians, to attack innocence, even in times of war. If I took the law off the table, just basic decency, I would say this is awful.
Speaker 1: So we agree on that.
Speaker 9: Where we disagree very quickly is how we make sense of how we got here and what we do moving forward. History didn't start on October seven, and oftentimes we see this in the United States when a target gets blown up or set on fire, or a police car gets slipped over or whatever. Whether we agree or disagree with the action, at that moment, the media starts to say, look at these animals, look at these savages.
Speaker 5: I can't believe they did that.
Speaker 9: And if you were to come up from another planet and watch this, you would think that history started on ferguson the night that got set on fire. You would think that the world just started at these moments, when in fact, there's a long history that gets you there.
Speaker 5: Israel has been in apartheid.
Speaker 9: State since nineteen forty eight, so seventy five years, yeah, seventy five years. It has been an occupying power since nineteen sixty seven, right, fifty six years, yeah, and it has been it is held the guys in people in particular under siege since two thousand and six, seventeen years going on eighteen in January.
Speaker 1: So these are the things that get you there. And the people of Gaza are catching hell. This isn't ordinary. Hell, this isn't normal, just inequality.
Speaker 9: We're talking about not having access to clean water, it's a potable water right, not having access to schools, being constantly under siege, where you're getting bombs, you're getting shot at, you're vulnerable to premature death every single day. This is what they're dealing with for the last seventeen years. And so when Hamas emerges and engages in his activiolence, which is not excusable because I don't want everbody's say he's trying to excuse me.
Speaker 5: I'm not excusing me.
Speaker 9: I'm saying it's inexcusable, right, But we have to understand where it starts and when you put people in an open air prison, which is what Gaza is it's an open air prison.
Speaker 5: You have to expect people to respond.
Speaker 8: At some point.
Speaker 9: So whose fault is the condition gots in is in Hammas, because that's in Hamas been in control since six So the Hamasa. Yeah, I mean it's the right question, right, And what Jonathan would say, what a lot of pro israel folk woul say, is well, you know, all the Jewish settlers left in two thousand and five, and Hamas took over in two thousand and six, and therefore whatever happens, that's on y'all. The problem is Pilotitians have not had one minute, not one minute of self determination in those seventeen years. In other words, yeah, they left. It would be like if you were in a prison and they say, okay, all the guards left, but you're still in prison. We're still on the border of the prison. You still can't get out of the prison, right you STI don't have any more food, and we control it, right God. Israel controls Gaza by land, by air, and by sea. It controls the population registry, It controls the electromagnetic sphere. It controls everything that goes in and everything that goes out. It is military. It is effectively controlling or effectively occupying gays of just from the outside. And so no, they haven't had an opportunity for self determination. They have had an opportunity to build. They are under occupation in a different way, but the same as the people in the West Bank. And so it is a very very, very different situation. That's not to say that Hamas is perfect. There are lots of stuff about Hamas I disagree with. I disagree with religious rule in general, and Hamassa is rooted again, they come from it, as Jonathan accurately said, their roots are in the Islamic Brotherhood of Egypt, and they do have a vision of freedom that is rooted in Islamic principles. I happen to disagree with with religious governments.
Speaker 1: I agree with that.
Speaker 9: There's other critics that have this critic to have every government, but it's important to acknowledge Hamas is a government, and you can't have it both ways. Sometimes they'll say, well, Hamas is a terrorist organization. You can't talk to them, you can't deal with them, you can't do this, you can't do this, and that kind of language makes it impossible to have a diplomatic or political solution. They make it seem as if the only thing you can do is blow them up because they're not a government.
Speaker 5: They're not a government.
Speaker 7: So what is your thoughts with the US, you know, bringing the largest aircraft carrier or ship out to show support of Israel.
Speaker 1: What are your thoughts on that which you're saying with all the things?
Speaker 7: Nobody said anything beforehand, but now it seems like they're getting support of the US.
Speaker 1: What's your thought?
Speaker 2: Right?
Speaker 5: And part of the problem is a lot of US were right.
Speaker 9: Three point six or three point eight billion dollars a year agoes from United States to Israel. We fund the occupation. And that's why mereau. If y'all wonder why you should care, because you pay for it. Right, This could not happen without anybody else's help, but the US. The US has offered weapons. They've offered weapons to make sure that israelways has the best weapons to call a qualitative edge. They've made sure that technologies come through. We support this thing. What the US is doing right now with the aircraft carrier is a very small drop in the bucket compared to what the US has done, not since nineteen forty eight, but certainly since the nineteen sixties and nineteen really the nineteen seventies with regard to support for Israel. And that's the thing we should be outraged about. We should be outraged at Biden's response, We should be outraged about many members of the US Congress's response.
Speaker 1: We should be outraged by lots of people.
Speaker 9: Again, you should have been outraged when those innocent Israeli children were killed. Their lives are worth something. They're worth the same as palasating because their lives are worth something. All of our lives are worth something, right, But the outrage can't just be for Israeli kids. They got to be for kids in Palestine. They got to be for kids in Armenia, they gotta be for kids in I mean everywhere. But in this issue, it got to be for everybody on the table. Do you think it's because people are seeing it right now.
Speaker 5: But they're saying palasin and kids.
Speaker 1: Do you know what it is?
Speaker 5: It's the language that we use.
Speaker 9: They they use a language of Even when Jonathan was talking respectfully, there's a way that we start to talk about this is barbaric.
Speaker 16: Right.
Speaker 9: When you start using words like barbaric, when you start to frame people as sub human or inhuman. That is a deep problem now, Jonathan gold Black, Green Black, excuse me. Jonathan green Black rightly pointed out that there's a long history. He alluded to, there's long history of Jewish people being constructed as subhuman and as animal.
Speaker 7: We got more with Mark Lamont Hill when we come back. It's the Breakfast Club, Good morning morning.
Speaker 1: Everybody is the DJ.
Speaker 7: Envy Charlamagne the guy we are to Breakfast Club. We're still kicking in with Mark Lamont Hill as he breaks down what's happening overseas with Palestine hamas in Israel, Charlamagne, why do people.
Speaker 1: Have to be pro Israel or pro Palestine? Like, I'm pro, I don't want to see kids get killed. I'm pro I don't want to see anothent civili, I'm anti war Like, why do people have to pick this side?
Speaker 15: Like?
Speaker 9: I don't understand at this moment, we can all say we don't want violence. I agree, you don't have to know about the issue. Look, I just don't want to see anybody die. That's where I'm mad at this moment. I don't want to see another Israeli child dead. I don't want see another Palestinian child dead. I don't want to see anybody die, not just children, don't. I don't want nobody to die. But the problem is, if you say that you are pro Israel as it is currently constituted, then you are saying that you are in support of a government that is systematically colonizing people, that is systematically displacing people, that is systematically stealing people's land, that is systematically ethnically cleansing people, as we see in Guys are right now, those people leave Guys and can't come back. They've been ethnically cleansed.
Speaker 2: Right.
Speaker 1: If you say you pro Palestine, then they'll say you pro Hamas.
Speaker 9: Here's the difference. If I say I'm pro Hamas, I'm saying I'm pro Hamas, right. I can be pro Palestinian and support Palasilian self determination and still disagree with Hamas. The problem is Israel as it is constructed, Israel as it is defined. Israel, by its own definition, is not a state of all of its citizens, by virtue of being a Jewish state, and by virtue of giving people different rights based on whether or not they are Jewish, by virtue of the fact that Palestinians have different rights and privileges. Even those who are citizens of Israel, Arab stisms of Visuel have different rights rules. You'll say that's a lie. There are Palastinians and our kinnected. They're Palstinian members in a supreme court. Palasinians at the exact same rights. There are about sixty laws on the books that show a difference, either facially or in practice in terms of how people get treated based on whether or not they are an Arab or not. Even for Arab sisms of Israel. Right now, people in the West Bank don't have rights and freedoms. So the way Israel is constructed, it is by definition operating against the interests of Palestinian people.
Speaker 5: That's the difference. It would be like saying I'm not anti Indian, I'm just pro United States.
Speaker 9: That'd be a hell of a thing to tell a Native American right, because the United States, by definition, by its construction, is created in a way that that stomps on the rights of Native Americans here. So I can't say to something. I can't look at naive American in the eye and say, well, I'm not I don't pick a side. I'm neutral on this right. I like Native Americans and I love what America created, like nah bruh, like you gotta pick one on that right. And so it doesn't mean, though that I have to hate Israeli's or that I have to hate Jewish people. I don't hate either. I want everyone to live in peace, safety, dignity, self determination, and justice.
Speaker 5: And that's important to be said.
Speaker 1: Can you explain your relationship between America and Israel, because you said, you know, Americans before billion dollars a year, why are they such strong at.
Speaker 9: It's a great question, you know, and it's a question that lots of people ask. You know, it's a relatively so initially the strongest support of Israel was we're the British right, but then by this nineteen seventies, certain nineteen eighties. And I talk about this in my book except for Palestine a lot, and there's other people who write about this much better than me. Rassia Reality is a book called the One hundred Years War, notre Attakat has a book called Injustice for Justice for some excuse me, justice for some, and there's many others. Elin Pope and others. I'd say, read the Palestinians before you read me. And these Raelies before you read me. But there's a way that the United States. I'll get to the heart of it. The US doesn't have feelings, it has interests. We watch violent atrocities happen in certain places, we don't say anything. We watch a small atrocity, and all atrocities are awful, happen in other places. I'm not talking about this thoe right now, and we're outraged. Our outrage meter doesn't link to it isn't doesn't directly correspond to what people did. It corresponds to what we need. Right there's certain places where we all we got to go to and liberate the women, right, but that right now, we're best friends with Saudi Arabia, which has a gross human rights record, particularly against women. And you talk about beheadings. Look at Saudi Arabia, right They killed a journalist, Jamalko Shoji five years ago. We're in the anniversary of that. So we don't have we're selective. Israel operates as the United States' strategic outposts, so there's a friendly relationship between US and Israel, but it also serves the US's military interest.
Speaker 5: Because the US wants a stake in the Midli's.
Speaker 9: Just like everybody wants to stake in the Middle East, and now you have the opportunity to have a nation that's not brown. Let me be clear, Israel is it still has a majority of miserdahi Juwsey. I'm not suggesting the Israel is not a brown country and the Israel doesn't have brown Jews the majority of Missadahim at this point. But my point is is that Israel at its founding isn't an Arab country, and so being able to have to be an Arab territory and to have Arab a non Arab country strategic outposts makes a lot of military sense. It makes a lot of economic sense for the United States, and of course for Israel, the United States serves a great purpose.
Speaker 5: It gives them military backing, it gives them money.
Speaker 1: Now, you know, there's a long history of the United States and the UK not wanting Jewish people here.
Speaker 9: So part of it was also animated by anti Semitism, is that it was almost as if they said, look, will allow Israel to exist because we don't want Jewish people here. So the same so if you look at US immigration law through the twentieth century, they didn't want Jews here they didn't want Irish people here, they didn't want Russians here. They lots of we were already here anal choice, but like, they didn't want any of us here. And so part of why it was easy for the UK to get for the British to give.
Speaker 5: Israel to.
Speaker 9: The Zionist movement was because they didn't want Jews in Britain because of anti Semitism, and Americans didn't want them either. So part of the at the beginning was like, we don't want them here anyway. And now they've they've they've sarved strategic interest. Again, that's anti Semitic, it's deeply problematic, but that's part of the origin story of why we got into these political relationships that we got into.
Speaker 1: Hate that guy, go ahead, Jesus Christ. I didn't want that reaction, right all right.
Speaker 5: I know what he said. I watch the show every day.
Speaker 1: I know what he said. I know what he said.
Speaker 5: It's the one time agree I actually hated to agree with him. You agree that they should say.
Speaker 1: Something yeah, hell yeah, they should say something really more calid than Drake because they never talk about social issues ever. I know, and I have an issue with that. I have an issue with anybody.
Speaker 9: I don't think every famous person has to say something about everything, but if your people are being exterminated, if your people are being executed, if your people are being whatever the circumstances, I think you got to say something. He's like the most damn near the most famous Palestinian in the world.
Speaker 1: If I were the most famous black person, if any of us were the most famous black person in the world, the most famous Black person in the world, and black people were being killed in our country and nobody said anything, I.
Speaker 5: Would be deeply disturbed.
Speaker 1: I don't know.
Speaker 5: And so if and the difference is, there's a lot of black people that can speak.
Speaker 3: There are.
Speaker 9: A lot of people who are Jewish who can speak. There's lots of people who are Indian who can speak. But how many people in the United States right now who are Palestinian have the platform in the calendars? Maybe gig had maybe who spoke out right, there's one or two people, but in general there's not really a space for that. So I'm not it's not just calim for me, any any any of them who are Palestinian, any of them who are who have platforms should speak up.
Speaker 5: And and I'm not putting that just on Palistinas.
Speaker 9: I'm saying that for black folks too, but I'm saying the States are even higher because it ain't but five Palestinians in Hollywood.
Speaker 5: You know there's a million black folk.
Speaker 1: So I just feel like that. You gotta do it no more war. We appreciate you coming in and breaking it down well, Mark Lamont Hill, Yes, it's the breakfast clubs. Sure you don't get them books to Man except for Palestine.
Speaker 3: The breakfast club.
Speaker 7: Everybody is the gym v Charlamagne the guy. We are the breakfast club. Mini Mills is here, our guest co hosts. You good money?
Speaker 1: Yes, I'm good. I'm hanging in in Man. All right, let's get to the rumors.
Speaker 3: It's the rumor report.
Speaker 1: She wan the teeth? How you feel money? What's up? Good morning?
Speaker 11: I'm vetted up in here, you know.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, it's real. I just wonder how take because you gotta get on the breakfast club. You know what's gonna be crazy? Many cute?
Speaker 17: Okay, we don't getting into the rumor report now, sure if you saw it or not. But Shannon Sharp, he had a lot of critics because he had to make up issues on his face. Uh, you know, he of course goes viral for you know, opinions on first take. But yesterday fans were tweeting about him for the makeup. I mean it did look real awkward, comparing him to Juwanna Man.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, it was real. One it was real.
Speaker 17: Another fan said, I'm sorry they did Shannon shot wrong on first take today got him looking like Randy Jackson.
Speaker 1: Just a lot of yeah, a lot of comparisons. He didn't respond though.
Speaker 10: Uh.
Speaker 17: One of the things he responded said, appreciate the concern of it my makeup this morning on first take, this was her first time doing my makeup and it was a little heavy. My appearance is important, but not as important as my take. So hopefully the takes were great as usual.
Speaker 7: That's why you gotta go to Finity Beauty and you gotta go to the shade finder, and when you go to the shade finder, you can find what your your number is.
Speaker 10: Now.
Speaker 7: I think what happened is like he said, it was a new person that they weren't used to actually doing makeup on him, and sometimes people put too much on and that's what happened.
Speaker 1: I mean, it happens to the best of us had the wrong shade. It wasn't too much, it looked much. Yeah, it did too much. Far, I'm gonna fix it today. Beauty got the shade. Find you've used it before? No, I've never used it, but I just I'll just scan my QR code. Hester could just go on the website and see it. But now you got to do Now you got to use your keyr coote and tells you to pull your head back.
Speaker 9: I don't have that problem, and hapenut the front camera in a well lit area, have a neutral express and no smiling, no makeup, no glasses.
Speaker 1: Oh you take a selfie now, Oh this is new technology. I know he won't make up every morning. Go ahead, what else too?
Speaker 17: Okay, So just another one where he responded to it. Somebody's saying, you know, with the makeup artist pretty much saying, oh, she's done, he's going to fire her whatever. He came to the defense and saying, no, she isn't. She'll get better with my makeup. It isn't the end of the world. So at least he didn't take it. There you go get bad.
Speaker 9: Yeah, oh my best match, Oh my god, it's four twenty pro filled soft, Matt Tee long Way Foundation. Yo, this is fire technology. It never used to be like this. You had to go on the website and look at it yourself. You want you, I took herself. It's not Matt Tea as Matt whatever the hell mine is four twenty that I know. He said, Matt Tea. You could take a selfie and it tells you exactly what shade do you use. That's fantast dropping a clue bump for fency, that is fantastic. Get your makeup on, girl, and for forty dollars literally doing it as we speak.
Speaker 1: All right, Next up, we are going to talk about Okay, so a fan pulled up on jay Z, rand up on him. I mean jay Z obviously he doesn't care about too much. But anyway, he pulled up on him.
Speaker 17: And you know how people always say, okay, would you take money or would you take a dinner?
Speaker 1: Yep? So this is what the fan had to say, Hey, I'm taking that five hundred K. I ain't taking that dinner. I'm taking that five hundred K. You feel me? Hey, loh, you feel me? Yep? That was at the Cowboys Rams game last night. That's all you can think to save my brother. That's what I know. The moment was a little too overwhelming for you. You know, That's that's all you can think to say.
Speaker 17: Okay, right, well, speaking of overwhelming moments, Mario when he is also trending right now because he recently gave his list of R and B mounts Rushmore artists. He listed Beyonce, Michael, Whitney Houston, and himself.
Speaker 11: I R and B Mount Rushmore.
Speaker 1: I'm super curious to know Beyonce, Michael Jackson Me. Okay, you all right, you say that, hold on, because I grew.
Speaker 5: Up listening there's so many different types of music.
Speaker 7: And my mother and my grandmother, so I got like two generations of just soul music, you know, just great R and B.
Speaker 5: You know what I'm saying That I grew up too.
Speaker 1: So that's why I say my voice kind of I can do a little bit of everything. And I would say the fourth person would be a fourth person would be Whitney Houston, anybody else, Usher Usher, Oh my god, my Mount Rushmore can go like he could go along.
Speaker 7: Okay, crazy, I'm not mad at any of those and that's his personal Mount Rushmore. Yeah, I mean, no mad I'm not even mad at him saying himself like he should feel like that. Yeah, he should absolutely feel like that. But that's not your place to put yourself. You know, other people got to put those on there for you, but other people gotta put you, put you on there for you. But I'm not mad at that listening.
Speaker 1: I mean, and Mario is super, super talented. I just don't know if the catalog really aligns with the other names. No, and then for the four I like that he said, us sure say like that nose because.
Speaker 17: I do get right, he can put itself up there. I don't like this momy No always in mama mode.
Speaker 1: You can do a little better. You't got nothing to work.
Speaker 17: And so the last thing I want to talk about is funny Marco. Okay, so he addressed the interview with g Herbo and south Side. You know, we've all had a moment in an interview where we've been in an awkward space at some point. He was clearly in that space, Funny.
Speaker 1: Marco, We've all had an awkward moment. But excuse.
Speaker 17: I actually had an aquad moment this morning when you called me out on my makeup and coming to her late. But anyway, all right, so they.
Speaker 1: So, like I said, he interviewed you Herd about south Side. His interviews.
Speaker 17: Of course, they're known to be sarcastic, you know, a lot of dry humor. But fans are sharing that they think that you herdo in south Side. We're going too far with their jokes. They were disrespectful. A funny Marco And this is kind of a clip from that.
Speaker 8: You guys became an undertaker?
Speaker 1: Who became who'll be undertaker? I'll be undertaking, He'll be unders him undertaker?
Speaker 3: He undertaker.
Speaker 8: I gotta be game.
Speaker 3: What the guess I'm gonna be?
Speaker 1: If he undertaker? Who else I'm gonna be? Dumb ass idiot?
Speaker 8: Ain't they brother.
Speaker 16: Case?
Speaker 5: So if he undertaker, can't you could be the referee?
Speaker 3: No, you the referee?
Speaker 1: Stupid whatever? To be tripping from Bruce would?
Speaker 3: I got this from target nowhere found it?
Speaker 1: What was a stupid ass at dumb ass? Mm I I didn't like that?
Speaker 8: I mean laughing?
Speaker 3: Who is laughing?
Speaker 1: Laughing? You laughed when at first came on. You're still smiling about it?
Speaker 19: Now?
Speaker 1: What's funny? I see?
Speaker 9: I mean, I just see what Herbo on the south Side was attempting to do because they saw probably how all Set handled.
Speaker 1: Bobby is exactly That's what I was thinking about.
Speaker 9: Yeah, and they know Marco was the same type of personality, so they was on the offense with the jokes, that's all.
Speaker 17: But my thing is, why go on the if this show, with the podcast or whatever it's meant to be that, why are you going on there to try to flip it on?
Speaker 9: I think Marco learns well. I don't think there's anything wrong with slipping on the host, you know what I mean. But but I do think Marco just, uh, Michael just can't have no mercy with rappers.
Speaker 1: Marcao you got to have like five or six in the tuck ready to go neally a weapons, but don't have any.
Speaker 7: Marcao usually does. Marcao's a good brother. But I just didn't like where they threw the cup at him. Wh they hit him and hit him in their head with the cup. The cup at him, Yeah, they do the cup at him. I just didn't like that because Marco, you know, he does the sarcastic stuff, but he's a good dude, Like he's great, He's a good dude.
Speaker 8: But it is what it is.
Speaker 9: And it's certain things Marchael got to be prepared for, like Marcao. You know, they come in with the face jokes. You know what, I'm stupid and all that.
Speaker 5: I'm an extra.
Speaker 7: I don't think mark O cared about that. And they called Marco ugly, yeah they did, and Charlamagne too.
Speaker 1: That's the advice for me I'm dealing with right now.
Speaker 7: You just let us know, you know, listen, Uh the first thing I wouldst wait.
Speaker 1: I'm getting that too. Care of he and Charlemagne.
Speaker 3: Hope y'all ugliest.
Speaker 1: Y'all got to do that to go ugliest?
Speaker 3: Yeah, look that all the same.
Speaker 8: They did medium this.
Speaker 1: At the top of his head to head that same if you went right now, I know Charlamagne got you went right now?
Speaker 5: Would you look.
Speaker 1: So we cut your off and see how you look bad? How you feel about being called luggy?
Speaker 3: Wow?
Speaker 1: I don't pay attention to lives. You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 2: We know you more.
Speaker 5: You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 1: My place speaks for itself. You see me, You see me?
Speaker 16: Cat?
Speaker 1: Okay, well let me just say what he did.
Speaker 17: Respond Funny Marco. He went on social media say I understand a lot of y'all made about the interview. I was upset while it was going on. So he was upsets, he said, but he understand he had a job to do and you know, he wants people to respect his show, and so he's you know, thanks everybody for supporting him.
Speaker 1: And he said he learned something moving forward.
Speaker 9: I would like to know what he learned. But also, don't let people see you sweat. I wouldn't have tweeted that. That's a conversation that you have behind the scenes with you know, people that you trust. You don't tell the public that because now when you're doing your thing and you're being the sarcastic Marco, people may not take you as serious as they once did because they know that you probably can dish it, but can't take it.
Speaker 1: That's what I'll tell the good brother Marco.
Speaker 9: Shout out to Manco. To Marco, thank you, my coworker. You can keep saying that, but let me see you without that, just for men in your face. You will not come to work without that, just forment on your face. You Rea, You'll never You'll never let those grades show.
Speaker 1: Why not never? Because you insecured Abo what I want to do.
Speaker 3: I'm happy.
Speaker 9: You don't like being baby and gray. I could be beige and gray. Don't come in come in here one day without a judgment.
Speaker 1: You don't rule me. You can't tell me what. You can't break my soul. You can't break my soul. You can't break my you can't break all right, thank you for stop stool better not. I'm going to human resources on both y'all. Y'all, It's the Breakfast Love, Good Morning, the Breakfast Club. Your mornings will never be the same morning.
Speaker 7: Everybody's dj n V Charlamagne the guy. We are the Breakfast Club. Miney Mails is our guest co host this morning, and this morning we had Jonathan Green Black, director of the Anti Defamation League and also Professor Mark Lamont Hill on the show talking about everything that's going on in Palestine and Israel. And a lot of people call, so we're gonna take some of your call, So let's go right to the voicemail.
Speaker 6: My name is Joe for North Carolina, and I was just calling to say I appreciate you guys for having both sides of the Israel and Palestine conflict that I would like to see you guys actually fact check some of the information that they say. With mister Jonathan green Blad, he did make a statement about babies being beheaded and that has already been debunked. So if you guys can just make sure you fact check some of this information, just so you know, because a lot of people in our community use you guys as a source for information. So I appreciate you guys. Thank you.
Speaker 18: My name Terrence, And that's assis scenario Ohio.
Speaker 8: And I saw the mirgal been helping Israel commit genocide on the Gradual Strip since for twelve years.
Speaker 16: Yeah, mine is Rush, I'm from Florida. I'm My thoughts on this small are aligned with what you guys are saying right now. I have not heard anybody up to now put it more correctly than.
Speaker 14: What you're saying.
Speaker 16: What you're saying needs to be shot. It needs to be screamed. Most of the people in this country don't understand what the reasoning behind all of our support is. And you know, unfortunately everyone's been brainwashed and it's a crazy situation that we're in. And absolutely how much should not be supported, not be you know, thankful what they did because it's disgusting, but the podestinding people should not suffer. They've been suffering all these years, and it's disgusting to think all of a sudden now the US destroyed all the support behind them and labeling them all under this one umbrella off terrorists and you know there ones doesn't know any bell. I've been crying for days about this. It's just disgusting.
Speaker 7: All right, Well, that was just some of the calls taking off the voicemail. Now when we come back, we got the positive notes, So don't move. It's the Breakfast Club. Good morning morning everybody. It's cej Envy Charlemagne the guy. We are the Breakfast Club again. Shout out to Jonathan Green Black and Professor Mark Lamont Hill for stopping by. And if you miss any of our interviews, The Rumors, the Donkey of the Day, you can definitely check it out on the free iHeartRadio app. You can download it right now in search the Breakfast Club. Now people have been searching the app and they've been talking about Bloomberg's Hot Pursuit.
Speaker 1: It's a podcast. It's all about cars.
Speaker 7: They have the latest drive reviews and dealership details from Auto Insiders. All right, so shout out to Matt Miller and Hannah Elliott.
Speaker 3: All right, yes, and.
Speaker 9: Also make sure you check out the Blackfect Podcast Network. You know, that's my podcast network in conjunction with iHeartMedia. Man, the eighty five South Show, All.
Speaker 7: The Smoke, Carefully Reckless by Jess Hilarious, just to name a few podcasts that we have over there on the Black Effect. It's all free on the iHeartRadio app. Right now, MANI has a podcast, right, I do have a podcast.
Speaker 1: Tell us about it. So I got the Money Mills podcast. Okay, that's why just talking.
Speaker 17: You know my mom my mom was almost for it. Starts talking about the hood, relationships, black culture. So yeah, that's what's going on on the free iHeart Radio app as well.
Speaker 7: All right, well, charlam Man, you've got a positive note, I do, man, and it's all about boundaries.
Speaker 1: And the positive note is simple.
Speaker 7: It is necessary and even vital to set standards for your life and the people you allow in breakfast club.
Speaker 1: Bitches, you don't finish for y'all done