Speaker 1: If anyone's try it all around the world, it's me Clover And I know in this podcast we got people from everywhere. I've been to warm everywhere, Bangladesh, the Himalayas, evan age Bali, Jean. Thank you for listening.
Speaker 2: The show starts now. Everybody layer on the chapstick because it's time to plan a wet one on our Hero of the week. It's Brook and Jeffrey in the morning.
Speaker 3: I feel like it's sticky with all that chapstick.
Speaker 2: Actually, But our hero this week is a forty seven year old man from New Jersey named Donald DiMaggio. Right. It works at South Brunswick's Holy Cross Cemetery and the other day there was a funeral being held on the cemetery grounds. They had a service where the family gathered and lowered the casket. It so hard and after everybody left around one pm, Donald walked over near the hole and accidentally fell through a wooden board down into the grave on top of the casket. Donnie, he was only about six feet down.
Speaker 3: Okay, so he could probably get out right.
Speaker 2: But he separated his shoulder during the fall, so he couldn't move and other cemetery workers came over tried to pull him out, but they couldn't do it, so they called nine one one. They couldn't get him out because his shoulder is broken. You can't just pull him up out of the ground. Rescue workers showed up and set up a bunch of ropes and straps and pulleys. If you've ever seen the Fifty Shades of Gray films, then you probably know what it looks like.
Speaker 3: I think that I can't A ladder wouldn't work.
Speaker 4: His shoulder.
Speaker 3: You could climbe with the other arms.
Speaker 2: Screaming down in the hole.
Speaker 4: It's not that bad. You can get up.
Speaker 3: You was this seems a little extra down.
Speaker 4: Okay, that's all I'm saying.
Speaker 2: It took rescue workers one hour of work, but finally they managed to pull Donald up out of the open grave sent him to the hospital where he's doing just fine and recovering from minor injuries. Rumor is he did it just to get out of work for the weekend, and that's why Donald is the hero of the week.
Speaker 3: I was wondering where the hero angle.
Speaker 5: Let's get it.
Speaker 6: Come in.
Speaker 2: Let's move on to our hero of the decade, Digital Jake, and give us a shot. Collar Question of the Day, Jake.
Speaker 7: Well, most of the time during this segment, I'm scouring the Internet digging up random trivia about some trumped up, corporately sponsored nonsense holiday like homemade Tweed Vest Month, or you know, National hug a strange child day. But not this time, not today, because this morning we actually have a real, bona fide major holiday. The entire country celebrates the birthday of the patriarch of parody, the daddy of all dandies, and the doppel ganger of the drive of the number nine NAPA Auto Parts car in the NASCAR Cup Series, our very own young Jeffrey.
Speaker 4: It's my birthday.
Speaker 7: It is Jeffrey's birthday. So today you'll each get to test your knowledge of your co host in a special one and done birthday fun shot collar Question of the Day, Am I answering trivia to actually jeff You won't be answering questions. Technical director Ashton will answer your question. I don't just a birthday treat. Let's start with Jose. Jose, where was Jeffrey's first date ever? My God, was it a in the backyard where his housekeeper Lucy made a picnic b at Coldstone Creamery or c at a showing of Charlie's Angels two Full Throttle, so specific, Jeff's a big Bernie max fin, I can see that Bernie.
Speaker 4: Okay, Jeffrey on a date? This is funny.
Speaker 2: Why how old was he?
Speaker 4: You think I would assume like fourteen fifteen? Like high school?
Speaker 3: Okay, But that's why.
Speaker 8: I think Coldstone is perfect. Your parents can take you. They can sit at a table a few seats.
Speaker 3: Away is a perfect the day watch you.
Speaker 8: Guys eat ice cream, but you can still have privacy. And I don't think Jeff would want to be distracted from full Throttle.
Speaker 4: He wouldn't bring a date. I'm going Coldstone, Jake.
Speaker 7: Jose said, Coldstone.
Speaker 5: That is correct.
Speaker 7: My research told me he did go to the nice cold Stone where he had to drive forty minutes to the better part of LA so he didn't look poor. No, wow, Jose, you're we're onto Alexis Alexis. Everyone knows Jeffrey has a talent for singing. But what does he consider his hidden talent? Is it a tongue work when he can fold his tongue.
Speaker 4: In different ways, just tongue work?
Speaker 7: Is it b a nap champ? He can nap for a specific amount of time. If he says twenty two minutes, he wakes up exactly twenty minutes.
Speaker 3: Later without an alarm.
Speaker 7: That's amazing or is it c He always puts the USB incorrectly on the first track, throws.
Speaker 3: Across the road, just napping. I just don't see it. I feel like Jeff doesn't sleep, or like any self care really.
Speaker 2: A self care.
Speaker 9: Like time to yourself to nap, un and sleep, deprive, go on hung tricks.
Speaker 3: I feel like you would have showed that off to us by now that I feel like that's the thing. You wouldn't have been able to resist.
Speaker 9: Clover.
Speaker 10: Yeah, so I guess I'm going to the US.
Speaker 7: He went with putt in the USB in correctly, first trike, that is incorrect.
Speaker 3: I was actually gonna be really impressed.
Speaker 7: My research tells me it's tongue war jeff teleography.
Speaker 2: Yes, I can do the clover and everything. Move on, let's keep going.
Speaker 7: We're going over to Ashton now instead of Jeffrey Ashton. What was Jeffrey's first job growing up? Was it a a doc boy at his country club's marina b A cashier at a bakery just like Harry styles or c as his mom's personal assistant.
Speaker 2: Well, I don't look like.
Speaker 4: I know you haven't worked a hard day in your life.
Speaker 2: Well, the personal assistant is a good choice.
Speaker 7: But however, I think that's more like a volunteer sort of thing.
Speaker 2: I don't know if you were filling out like a W nine in order to do that.
Speaker 11: So when I first met Jeffrey just as a tip, he was working at a local gym.
Speaker 2: I think I'm gonna go with Doc Boy.
Speaker 7: That's Ashton went with doc Boy.
Speaker 3: That is correct.
Speaker 2: If you want to say what your first job was, My first job was that the corner bakery. Yeah, doing the cash register, of course I did.
Speaker 7: Okay, finally on to Brook, Okay Brook. I asked Jeffrey who would he want to play him in a movie?
Speaker 3: Oh?
Speaker 4: Did he say?
Speaker 7: Joseph Gordon Levitt? B Frankie Munez specifically from the time period when he did Agent Cody Banks Part two, also a stock car racer. Now see Michael Angelo from The Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles.
Speaker 3: Oh wow, that is quite the mix there.
Speaker 11: So the dreamiest of those three is definitely Michaelangelo from The Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles.
Speaker 3: He's the party boy, he's really outgoing.
Speaker 2: Oh what, I'm not any of those things.
Speaker 11: I mean, I see you more as maybe the Donna Tello of the Mutant Ninja Turtles.
Speaker 3: Like Michael just doesn't seem like you're. Man. I don't mean that in a rude way. It just doesn't seem like your guy.
Speaker 2: It's coming off in a rude way.
Speaker 11: Anyone who choose Frankie Munis. So I'm gonna go I'm sorry, I just don't think that's gonna happen. I think it's Joseph Gordon Lovett.
Speaker 2: With Joseph Gordon Levitt.
Speaker 12: That is yay.
Speaker 5: O.
Speaker 2: He is extremely talented and handsome.
Speaker 3: I agree, We agree.
Speaker 2: Jose and Brooke you obviously know me. Yeah, Alexis and Ashton you do not. So you're gonna be taking a shot. And somebody wanted to hear the happy Birthday song.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you wanted to hear it, jeff Happy birthday too.
Speaker 1: I want to join, Happy birthday to you, Happy birthday, dear Jeffrey.
Speaker 4: Happy birthday to yeah y, Happy birthday, Happy birthday.
Speaker 2: All right, let's get this segment over with so the insults will stop.
Speaker 6: That was your shot question of the day Brook and Jeffrey in the morning.
Speaker 2: I don't know about you, guys, but some of my best memories of being a kid come from summer camp. Yeah, I'll never forget night hikes through the mountain vineyards of France, camp white yacht races on lake. Got a lot of cash.
Speaker 9: I got a what cash it's it's it's Native American and learning wilderness skills like which plants in nature are the best for garnishing your sushi rolls.
Speaker 2: Oh important stuff.
Speaker 4: Hey guys, get over here. I found Juniper Bar.
Speaker 2: We have a listener on the phone who also had an unforgettable summer experience as a kid, because what he did accidentally got his entire summer camp shut down in.
Speaker 3: The mountains behind in Switzerland.
Speaker 6: Apparently this.
Speaker 2: Was a local camp and now he finally wants to confess to it in a brand new mass speaker coming up, confession.
Speaker 4: I can't take back earl arms.
Speaker 2: Speaker. There's a lot of sayings about the number two in this world. It takes two to tango. Two heads are better than one. To complete this test. You'll need a number two pencil saying I have that one on a bumper sticker in the back of my car. Two is also the magic number on our show today. Because we have two listeners who both want to confess their secrets right here on the mass speaker. We got to get to them quickly. So we're going to start with Evan. Evan, welcome to the show.
Speaker 5: Hey, how are you?
Speaker 3: Oh good syllables?
Speaker 2: Yeah, okay, reaching that was the hidden meaning there. Voice changer is on. You are the mass speaker. Whenever you're ready, let's hear your confession.
Speaker 5: All right. So back when I was ten years old, I went to a sleep away camp, summer camp.
Speaker 3: So exciting.
Speaker 5: So yeah, it was a blast. Started off that way. But I was walking alone, like on one of the trails, okay, and I noticed that I had a scab on my elbow and I just started, you know, picking out it.
Speaker 3: Yeah, as ten year olds do.
Speaker 11: Oh ye, god, kids you like to pick everything, scabs, whatever, literally from.
Speaker 2: The body right into the mountain.
Speaker 3: Good iron.
Speaker 2: Kids are weird. Let's just fash Oh sorry, keep going, Evan, Sorry, you're picking your scab.
Speaker 5: Yah. Picking the scab on my elbow, just a normal day, and it started bleeding.
Speaker 3: Yeah, a scabs.
Speaker 2: That's what happened.
Speaker 3: Is that when you learned about blood clotting.
Speaker 5: So that's when my ten year old self had this. I don't know, it just came over me. I just this idea, this inclination to use the blood from my scab to write a message on the camp door.
Speaker 2: This is less typical of ten year old What did you write?
Speaker 5: Well? I was really into like Sherlock Holmes Murder Mystery book one time. It was like this word or something written with blood on the door, and so I just I couldn't think of a word, and I was going really fast, and so I just thought of a quick three letter word die.
Speaker 6: Oh. Oh.
Speaker 11: The whole camp goes into lockdown because of some ten year old door stab.
Speaker 2: Couldn't have picked a happier word there, like yeah.
Speaker 8: Where he's like I was trying to spell dice, but I just was ten yell very well, what happened?
Speaker 5: Yeah, the camp staff just totally put out everyone.
Speaker 11: Because the camp staff is always like nineteen year olds too, like we're dealing.
Speaker 2: With like mature I don't what happened.
Speaker 5: Yeah, they pulled everyone out and everybody in camp was questioned like I mean, can't basically shut down while they were doing this like investigation.
Speaker 3: Sent to capture the flag. It's like capture the murderer.
Speaker 4: Guess what's wrestling in the bushes.
Speaker 3: Yeah, so you didn't tell the truth. It sounds like no.
Speaker 5: I they questioned me A wore along Sear shirt in the jacket so they wouldn't see my scalp or anything like that. The camp director like made this whole announcement and they ended up canceling camp four days early, no.
Speaker 4: Precaution.
Speaker 5: Yeah, my parents came picked me up and wait did.
Speaker 4: They refund all the kids? So much money from camp's money and everything?
Speaker 5: I have no idea, Like to this day, I just don't know.
Speaker 3: I wouldn't tell anybody.
Speaker 2: Everybody's wow at camp seriously, but they never figured out was you?
Speaker 5: No?
Speaker 4: Can we ask him?
Speaker 2: Yeah? Sorry, what was your real name?
Speaker 10: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Just kidding, I'm skidding.
Speaker 5: Man.
Speaker 4: That's a great brain.
Speaker 1: So good.
Speaker 4: You shut down an entire camp and that's going.
Speaker 2: To be tough to top. We have time for one more. Let's go to Kelsey. You are now the mass speaker voice changer is on. We want to hear your confession.
Speaker 13: So when I was in college, well just after I've graduated, I worked for a few months at our prematorium.
Speaker 2: Whoa a crematorium.
Speaker 13: I was just an assistant doing like office work, paperwork, some light teddy and cleaning.
Speaker 11: So like it was, Oh, I don't think you could pay me a million dollars to work at one of those, especially when I was in college.
Speaker 2: But you didn't handle any of like the the body stuff. It was just in the office.
Speaker 14: No, no, no, no, just in the office.
Speaker 2: Okay.
Speaker 13: But the confession is there was one night I was working late, I was alone in the office. There was no one else there, and there was a shell in a back room where they would keep the really plastic earns. Yeah, okay, and that night I hear this huge crash. Needless to say, I freaked out, but I like put myself together, did not run from the building as much as I wanted to.
Speaker 11: By yourself good, because if someone's still alive in there, you're gonna need to find.
Speaker 2: Them here, finish them off. You're supposed to be down.
Speaker 13: I would need to raise for something like.
Speaker 2: So this loud crash happens in the back yeah.
Speaker 13: And so I finally go back to check it out, and that shelf had fallen down and there were ashes everywhere. Oh no no, yeah, and you know, I wish I could say that. I like called some and was like what do I do? But my young twenty two year old brain was just like, oh no, I'm going to get blamed for this. I'm going to get in trouble.
Speaker 3: You panicked. No, just scoop them up, vacuum shop back.
Speaker 13: I just scooped you up and put him back in the urns and I pretend it's like nothing ever happened.
Speaker 3: So someone's grandpa was maybe mixed with someone's grandma. Yeah, yeah, I know.
Speaker 2: It's good to have a little company in the aftermath.
Speaker 13: I mean, I guess that's when we are looking at But I felt really, I felt back.
Speaker 3: I feel like the professionals still would do that. People mix up. Babies are here, so it's like life, an end of life.
Speaker 2: I'm going home and I'm throwing Grandpa right in the trash because I don't think it's really him anymore.
Speaker 3: No thirty six percent hand Okay.
Speaker 2: Maybe I'll hold on the thirty six percent of it then, Kelsey, thank you for confessing that text in seven eighty five nine two. If you have a confession you've been holding on to, we can hide your identity, mask your voice and make you the next mass speaker phone tabs coming.
Speaker 6: Up next freaking Jeffrey in the morning.
Speaker 2: Time for a pranky crank. And today we call a soccer coach for a youth girls league who apparently has already had to deal with some very interesting and difficult parents and it's only going to get worse when she meets the snootiest mother on the entire team. You want to guess who that is?
Speaker 3: Why are you not surprised?
Speaker 2: You're gonna hear it in your phone? Tap right now?
Speaker 3: An rego rega. Where is my mid morning balliant?
Speaker 6: Juli?
Speaker 3: Feel my ceilings again?
Speaker 15: Hello?
Speaker 6: Oh?
Speaker 3: Good day?
Speaker 10: Am I speaking with coach emadicates This is she. I don't think we've ever met, but this is Catherine Whitman Beaumont.
Speaker 3: My daughter Violet is on your soccer club.
Speaker 10: Oh yeah, hi, yes, well, I apologize we've never met face to face, probably because I wouldn't dare step near the sporting fields. Okay, yes, I prefer to stay in the air conditioning of my car with the heated seeds turned on. I enjoy the challenge it presents to my body.
Speaker 3: At least that's what my driver says.
Speaker 15: I don't blame you. This man do for you.
Speaker 3: Why, yes, thank you.
Speaker 10: My assistant tells me this week it's our family's turn to provide snacks for the children.
Speaker 15: Yeah, I think that's true.
Speaker 10: Okay, Well, I'd rather just not bring anything that the other families have already done.
Speaker 3: So I was wondering, have any other.
Speaker 10: Parents brought sushi or sashimi flown in from the Kansai province of Japan?
Speaker 6: No?
Speaker 3: Serious, Yes, I'm serious.
Speaker 10: I would be mortified if I was a second parent to do that. Us Beaumont's we are originals.
Speaker 15: Oh well, I don't. I think you can keep it pretty simple, you know.
Speaker 3: Oh, I hear you, simple and elegant. Nothing says that more than the black pearl caveat.
Speaker 10: Actually, before you answer that the caveat may be out of season, let me double check.
Speaker 15: Riga, ma'am, ma'am. That's okay, cellar, and see if.
Speaker 3: We have any unopened black pearl caveat.
Speaker 15: Excuse me, not the beluga, ma'am, ma'am. It's okay. I can help you with that, riga. I can help you figure this out.
Speaker 3: Make sure you.
Speaker 10: Assemble twelve small pearl handled spoons.
Speaker 4: Well, actually, the Avaloni ones will work as.
Speaker 15: Well, ma'am. I really hate to break it to you, but there's no like sushi or caviar and nothing like that. We don't need anything like that.
Speaker 10: What do the children consume then, I mean, I can't imagine they'd go for white troubles with Kobe beef.
Speaker 15: I just think there were in different places. Most of the kids on my team, they bring things like chips or cookies or maybe a Capri Son.
Speaker 3: Oh Capri yes.
Speaker 10: Oh, charming Italian island. That's where I fell in love with my third husband, Reginald darling Man.
Speaker 6: Yeah.
Speaker 15: I think we're talking about two different things here. Capri Soan is a drink in a pouch, silver pouch. Caprice Son like an alcoholic spritzer. Oh no, no, ma'am, it's a fruit juice.
Speaker 3: Oh you must be mistaken.
Speaker 15: I'm surprised you've never heard of it. It's pretty well known.
Speaker 10: Well, I asked Violet, and she told me last week the girls dined on matsuki and saffron flavored bouliabees.
Speaker 15: Well, I'm sorry to tell you that it's not what we really had. I think they had some liquorice and cheetos.
Speaker 3: Did you say cheetos? Yes, what on earth is that?
Speaker 15: Okay? Now, I know you're joking, because everybody knows what cheetos are?
Speaker 3: Cheatoes or cheetos.
Speaker 15: Oh my god, shittoschos?
Speaker 6: They go? Have I heard?
Speaker 4: If she don't?
Speaker 15: People, it's ketos, you know, the orange French cheetos.
Speaker 3: Apparently the middle class children are eating them.
Speaker 15: Now. I just don't believe you've never heard of cheetos before, or Caprice Son, That's impossible. It's everywhere.
Speaker 10: Are you calling the Beaumont family liars?
Speaker 15: I don't know. Maybe you just have never been to a kid soccer game before. They don't eat caviar or sushi.
Speaker 10: My do the children do break phone calls at these sporting event games there, the one with the radio station calls someone and makes them believe something utterly ridiculous.
Speaker 16: I knew it.
Speaker 3: This is actually Bragg from Brick and Jeffrey in the morning.
Speaker 2: We're doing a boat tap on you.
Speaker 4: Oh my god.
Speaker 15: When you said you didn't know what cheetos were, I thought that is so crazy. It's so weird.
Speaker 3: She too, so I was pronouncing it correctly.
Speaker 10: Good.
Speaker 3: Your best friend Jessica set you up. She said that you've been dealing with a lot of crazy families and parents.
Speaker 16: This here.
Speaker 15: Oh lord, that was so weird. That is the weirdest though, that's been the weirdest.
Speaker 10: So she or caviare at the children's sporting event.
Speaker 15: Done because of uneath that crap.
Speaker 6: Anyway, wake up every morning was fu tab weekday mornings on the twenties, Brooke and Jeffrey in the morning.
Speaker 2: The reach is a point in every good relationship where you're left with no other choice but to lie and deceive your significant other of your future together. Oh that's why Alexis tells the Zaddies she dates that she quote unquote lost her credit card again and needs another one, this time with a higher spending limit. Please.
Speaker 3: Actually that's about love. I mean, let's be honest. It is good for the future together.
Speaker 2: It's also why one of our listeners has reached out for help today because she needs to trick her boyfriend. But she promises it's for a very good reason. Not that getting a free American Express Black card isn't a good reason, Alexis, but apparently this one's better.
Speaker 3: You see shoes you want, you gotta get them? Yeah, it would be nice.
Speaker 2: You're gonna hear it when we do your brand new awkward Tuesday bone call right after this It's awkward, It's Tuesday.
Speaker 6: It's awkward Tuesday phone call.
Speaker 2: They say, when you finally find real true love, there is nothing you won't do to try and make it work.
Speaker 3: That's true, that's so nice.
Speaker 2: You will run past TSA to stop their plane from leaving. You'll stand up and object at their wedding ceremony. You'll dig a hole underneath the outer fence to bust them out of a fifty year prison sentence. Because that's what true love is.
Speaker 3: The last one they may actually appreciate. The other two. I'm not so certain about that.
Speaker 2: That's why one of our listeners, Tricia, needs our help today to try and make love work. So, Tricia, should we be grabbing our shovels. We're doing a jail break today where we at I don't know.
Speaker 12: Let's see what you guys think.
Speaker 3: Okay, all right, ready what she's saying?
Speaker 2: Yeah, stand by, we'll have them prepare. Tell us about your situation. What's going on?
Speaker 14: So I met a guy like seven months ago. I was out with my friends and we ran into this other group of friends and I don't know. It happened kind of quickly. I don't want to say it was love it first sight, but it just felt right. So we kind of very quickly after that night, we were pretty inseparable doing everything together.
Speaker 3: Well, that's always so exciting. What's this guy's name?
Speaker 12: His name is Ben Ben.
Speaker 3: So things with Ben are great at this time.
Speaker 15: I mean, right now there good.
Speaker 12: I wouldn't say they're great.
Speaker 14: I'm a little confused of how to keep going.
Speaker 2: But why what's going on?
Speaker 14: So basically, after two months of dating, my lease was up with two of my girlfriends and he offered that I move in.
Speaker 12: So I was like, why not? We're so good together?
Speaker 3: Well after only two months.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you wants you to be homeless and live on the streets. I'm gonna tell you.
Speaker 3: You should never do it for convenience. You always end poorly.
Speaker 14: I do think I kind of jumped in too fas.
Speaker 2: Sorry, Jeff, it's not chet for me.
Speaker 3: So what you moved into his place? What was that like?
Speaker 14: So it was an adjustment, Like I'm used to living with girls, this is my first time living with a guy.
Speaker 12: But we have dinners, we hang out.
Speaker 14: A bunch, and then he's also like not home alone because he's doing things with his guy friend.
Speaker 2: Yeah, pretty sweet for you. All that personal time that you get for yourself must be nice.
Speaker 12: Yeah, it's great.
Speaker 14: I have my friends over, we have like time part.
Speaker 3: Okay, So I mean that piece sounds really healthy. That's good.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so far you've not mentioned one single problem whatsoever with this.
Speaker 8: Where's the awkward part of the awkward Tuesday?
Speaker 14: So two weeks ago, he gets this amazing job offered that requires him to move across the country.
Speaker 2: Wow, more good news.
Speaker 3: Well for him, this is so hard.
Speaker 14: I mean, like we've been together for like half a year, so I'm super excited for him. But he keeps saying like, oh, yeah, this will be next month. Then I'll pay rent until the lease is out.
Speaker 12: But there's no mention of what happens to us.
Speaker 3: Whoa wait, he isn't addressing it at all. He's not like, hey, should I take this job? We're in this together.
Speaker 14: There No, there's no conversation.
Speaker 12: He's doing his own thing.
Speaker 14: But he hasn't even brought up how I fall into this equation.
Speaker 16: Awkward, But he is willing to pay.
Speaker 2: Your rent for a few months until until.
Speaker 3: That's a positive kind of positive.
Speaker 2: If a man offers to pay your.
Speaker 3: Rents, that is terrible. I bet you've just been so upset.
Speaker 14: Yeah, I'm just like every time I try to bring it up, he pretty much changes the subject, and I really, I don't know.
Speaker 3: Do you want to move with him? Is that what you want?
Speaker 12: I mean, at least I'd like the option to think about it.
Speaker 15: I feel like I would, right.
Speaker 2: You just want to know that he's thinking of what are we going to do as a couple.
Speaker 3: You're living together.
Speaker 14: Exactly, Like why did we even move in together?
Speaker 2: Because you didn't have anywhere to live and he kind offered to give you a bed to sleep in.
Speaker 4: You didn't know he was.
Speaker 3: That was really logical.
Speaker 4: And I'm just I'm trying.
Speaker 2: I don't mean to sound harsh, but this is how men tend to think. It's not so much about like the emotion of the seven month relationship that.
Speaker 3: We're in, not if you're in a partnership, Jeff, if he's.
Speaker 2: Wants to speak right there, I'm talking about how men think this isn't a partnership in a guy's mind.
Speaker 14: But I feel like if I asked a guy to move in with me, its something. Yeah, It's like you figure it out ghostly from someone's couch till you find your own point.
Speaker 3: Totally, or you say, hey, why don't you stay here till you find a place? You know what I mean?
Speaker 11: Like, there's a temporary way you can do that without actually moving in together and living together.
Speaker 2: So what is it that you want to do with your awkward call here? You want us to call your boyfriend ben?
Speaker 14: I kind of feel like he's a little being a little sketchy about it. I don't want hit you guys to help me trick him into telling me the truth.
Speaker 4: He could call out his new company and get him fired.
Speaker 6: Somehow we can.
Speaker 3: I don't think she wants to ruin his life.
Speaker 2: Okay, She's still interested in being with him, just wants a little bit more clarity on where they stand.
Speaker 4: All right, that's more responsible.
Speaker 2: Did I say that?
Speaker 5: Right?
Speaker 15: Yeah?
Speaker 5: Yeah?
Speaker 14: And he and he's thrown out a visit.
Speaker 15: But I'm like, what am I visiting for?
Speaker 5: Yeah?
Speaker 4: Am I visiting my friend? Or am I like staying the week with my right?
Speaker 14: Just feels like something not quite right here?
Speaker 2: Okay, Yeah, but you don't want to ask him. You said you want to trick him into figuring out whether, like where his true feelings lie.
Speaker 3: She wants okay, you know, but she needs a little help.
Speaker 2: Well, let's rub some sticks together, get a fire going so we can hold his feet to said flames, and we'll come back and let you make your awkward Tuesday phone call right after this. Okay, all right, it's awkward.
Speaker 15: It's Tuesday.
Speaker 6: It's awkward Tuesday phone call.
Speaker 2: It is interesting when a listener comes on the show and says, help me deceive a loved one. I mean, morally, Is it wrong that we're helping her do this?
Speaker 4: Maybe it is no fun to do it?
Speaker 2: Yeah, because one of our listeners is asking us blatantly to trick her living boyfriend into telling us the truth about why he's really moving across country without her for a job opportunity. She send her email that he's been acting a little bit sketchy and unclear ever since he brought.
Speaker 5: Up the move.
Speaker 11: Yeah, he hasn't made any plans with her. They haven't had any talks about what happens to the relationship.
Speaker 6: That's not fair.
Speaker 2: He did say she could maybe come visit. Possibly is they haven't talked at all about it. She does feel like something is up though, And I'm just going to go out on a limb here and say, Tricia, are you worried that he's maybe seeing somebody else, maybe his wife and kids? And that's not okay with you?
Speaker 10: Jep.
Speaker 3: That is such a huge jump.
Speaker 2: I'm asking.
Speaker 14: I didn't really think about that, but part of me thinks maybe he met someone new.
Speaker 3: Oh really, but to move?
Speaker 11: I think he just sounds passive, aggressive, and he's trying to break up with you without actually having to break up with you.
Speaker 12: I don't know why he would want to break up with me.
Speaker 15: I'm awesome.
Speaker 3: Yeah that's right.
Speaker 2: But if he does have a wife and children, is that something that would deter you the awesomeness.
Speaker 15: Enough that makes him not off?
Speaker 2: Okay, glad and know where we stand. But I'm gonna call him in just a second. First we need to get a little bit of advice from our co hosts. Who are we going to start with?
Speaker 6: Brooke?
Speaker 2: You got something?
Speaker 3: I just this is what you do. You go in excited because he's been vague. He hasn't said whether or not he wants you to move. If he doesn't want you to move with him, okay, positive energy, you just play dumb and you're like, oh my god, I'm so excited my job. Just approve me working remotely. I scheduled the movers and we are ready to go. Honey, engagaction. I mean that.
Speaker 12: Feels like a little embarrassing, but a good way to go.
Speaker 2: It will throw him off. If any if any woman approaches a man with like enthusiasms about what they're doing, it's like, what's happening?
Speaker 5: Now?
Speaker 3: Come on?
Speaker 2: Throw what do you think?
Speaker 8: So if you want to trick him, the best way to mess with any guy in the world is to make them feel guilty.
Speaker 4: So I don't know if you have already. This may be the time that you say how proud you are of him and that you love him.
Speaker 3: You don't think men who are guilty lie and like he doesn't already know that?
Speaker 4: Let her talk. I don't know. Are you guys on the outward yet?
Speaker 6: We're not.
Speaker 12: We're not quite there.
Speaker 4: Now's the time, now you are?
Speaker 5: Ye?
Speaker 4: Advice was so bad.
Speaker 2: She has settled for Brooke. But we need to call Ben for you feel ready?
Speaker 15: I'm ready?
Speaker 3: Oh man, good lucky.
Speaker 2: You have a little more enthusiasm fake enthusiasm. You were talking about broken?
Speaker 3: All right?
Speaker 2: Good luck, it's gonna go wrong.
Speaker 3: Now make it, you make it.
Speaker 2: I'm going to Donald Dallas number.
Speaker 14: Hello, hey babe, truth, yeah, dah, who'd you think it was?
Speaker 15: No, No, it's just sorry.
Speaker 16: Your your number didn't show up, it said product line.
Speaker 14: Oh uh maybe because I'm at the laundromat.
Speaker 15: Oh okay, Uh yeah, my pue just died. So I was just using the laundry. So oh okay, that's that's weird.
Speaker 14: Anyway, Well, my clothes are drying. I actually have some really exciting news I couldn't wait to tell you. Okay, So I met with my managing director yesterday and I talked with them about your situation, moving across country and everything.
Speaker 12: Yeah, and he said, if I can fly in once.
Speaker 14: A quarter for big events and meetings, then I can just work remotely.
Speaker 16: Uh wait, what do you What do you mean we.
Speaker 12: Don't have to break up.
Speaker 14: I can move with you.
Speaker 12: Oh h isn't that great?
Speaker 15: Yeah, but it's not that easy.
Speaker 12: What do you mean?
Speaker 16: Like they're only giving me.
Speaker 15: A studio apartment and I don't know how long it's going to be.
Speaker 12: That's okay, we don't we don't need much room.
Speaker 15: Yeah I know, I know, but I'm just saying, Aha.
Speaker 12: Why do you Why do you sound so weird? Are you not excited? I thought you'd be thrilled.
Speaker 15: No, I.
Speaker 16: It's it's great.
Speaker 14: But okay, but your voice, you're just making weird noises?
Speaker 15: Is there?
Speaker 12: What is there a problem?
Speaker 5: Ah?
Speaker 15: It's what just say it?
Speaker 5: What?
Speaker 12: Can you just tell me what's going on? Look?
Speaker 5: I can't do it. I just can't have you move with me.
Speaker 15: I'm sorry.
Speaker 12: Is there someone else? Because if there is, I deserve to know.
Speaker 16: I don't.
Speaker 2: Look.
Speaker 15: Can we just we talked about Slater?
Speaker 12: I there is someone else, isn't there?
Speaker 5: I mean no, I mean no.
Speaker 12: What does no no mean?
Speaker 6: Like?
Speaker 14: What does that even mean?
Speaker 12: What are you saying?
Speaker 15: I mean not yet?
Speaker 12: Not yet?
Speaker 15: What does that mean?
Speaker 5: Okay?
Speaker 16: Look I was actually chosen to be on the show Love Island.
Speaker 6: What?
Speaker 4: Yeah, I thought.
Speaker 2: I can't tell.
Speaker 16: Where are you?
Speaker 3: This is like reality TV?
Speaker 4: Yeah, I don't.
Speaker 2: I don't know exactly where Tricia is, but I can tell you. We're at a radio station right now and you're on our show called Brook and Jeffrey in the Morning's.
Speaker 15: Wait, is this the I was gonna this is not the producers that I talked to from the show.
Speaker 2: We're a radio show, and Tricia listens to us and she wanted our help reaching out to you because she says you were acting really sketchy ever since you said you were moving across country for this quote unquote job opportunity.
Speaker 15: You're a liar, like you were chosen for a love Island.
Speaker 16: I'm sorry, I look like my co workers told me to fill out the application. I really joke, and I was like, this is never gonna happen, Like I'm so okay, fine, I'll fill out the stupid s.
Speaker 6: Don't lie.
Speaker 11: You're such a liar you wanted it to happen like fine, Like maybe your coworkers brought it up as a joke, but to go through that entire process.
Speaker 16: The person didn't seem real, so it didn't seem warn't telling you about and you know, one thing led to another and it's escalated and I'm I mean, how many people actually get chosen to be on this shows?
Speaker 2: Rare make a lot of Tricia, how are you feeling hearing all this?
Speaker 14: I really just don't have words right now, Like I had no idea what was happening. I did not think this was happening.
Speaker 2: Doesn't sounded kind of upset, Tricia. Yes, I think I know why you're Probably it's probably because you don't like that show.
Speaker 3: Nobody doesn't like that.
Speaker 2: If he was going on to a different reality dating show, it but that one's kind of, you know, trashy.
Speaker 3: You got to handle where you can't touch other people.
Speaker 4: Am I reading this right? Tricia?
Speaker 12: No, you're not reading it right.
Speaker 14: Basically wants to hang out with a bunch of other women in bikinis.
Speaker 4: That was my dad.
Speaker 3: I did not understand Jeff's sarcastic. Dude, that sucks and how embarrassing.
Speaker 11: Like you weren't gonna tell her she's just gonna pop up and like her boyfriend's gonna be on Love Island.
Speaker 3: Oh my god, what was your plan, dude?
Speaker 15: I was just gonna see how it goes.
Speaker 5: And then.
Speaker 2: It may have been something that the producers wanted to bring Tricia into the show as part of the drama. Sometimes I like to do that the girlfriend back home that doesn't know about it.
Speaker 3: It's an opportunity for her that she's not seen.
Speaker 4: God blew your opportunity, dude.
Speaker 3: Good thing you found this.
Speaker 15: Out, honey.
Speaker 16: I'm sorry.
Speaker 15: I just.
Speaker 3: Right now, Trisha break up with this guy.
Speaker 12: Yeah, I mean we're done here, all right, Trisha.
Speaker 2: You're kicking yourself out of his own apartments.
Speaker 4: Yeah, that's true.
Speaker 3: You used to beat though. I mean they're on at least together.
Speaker 15: It'll be fine, Tricia.
Speaker 5: Will honor what I said I would do. You can have the apartments.
Speaker 3: He's an honorable man, so chivalrous.
Speaker 2: I'm going to vote for you on Love Island.
Speaker 12: You think that's supposed to make me feel better.
Speaker 6: It doesn't.
Speaker 3: Ye See, I was open. He just gets an STD on the show.
Speaker 6: Everybody wins, yes, brooking Jeffrey in the morning.
Speaker 2: In medieval times, one of the most important jobs was the town crier. No, not that, no, No, It's the person who went out into the public square and they shouted here ye hear ye, and then they gave important announcements to the people, like when a royal baby was born or when the town toilet hole was clogged.
Speaker 3: Okay, so important, not to miss jeff You need.
Speaker 2: To know that stuff. But he was the one who kept the citizens informed and they loved him for Yeah. So will my co hosts embrace me in the same way when I cry town for them? That's a stretch. Bro I don't know what happened. Where did the respect go for the town crier? Say you respect me right now, Broke, there's more than there's.
Speaker 3: More than one toilet hole now, jo it's not as important.
Speaker 2: Yeah, well, I'm still gonna attempt to dost thou the thine the crying you.
Speaker 8: Unless you're announcing a new Kardashian baby.
Speaker 12: We don't care.
Speaker 2: You're gonna find out where all the broken toilets are in the city when I give you the important news in a brand new care or don't care, it's coming up. If you're a wine maker, I'm sure you get all of your gossip through the grape vines. Must be nice, But naturally, the rest of us we have to get our news in an even less dignified way on this radio segment for a brand new care Don't care.
Speaker 4: Yeah, the internet vine.
Speaker 3: No ninety plus ready in here.
Speaker 2: No, it doesn't even get you mildly buzzed. Well, let's get right into your first headline. Finally, science has found a way for Jose to get his heart rate up without any physical activity whatsoever. Care don't care?
Speaker 3: We have to care.
Speaker 4: Care, I don't care.
Speaker 3: Yes, we care for you.
Speaker 2: We can. So there are a lot of things you can do to get your blood pumping. Have some caffeine, do some vigorous exercise, spend thirty seconds scrolling Twitter right now. But there is a new one. Scientists just did a study and found that parallel parking can increase your heart rate by an average of fifty seven.
Speaker 11: Percent because it's stressful, but it's so satisfying when you get it right.
Speaker 3: Yeah, like you feel like the king of the world.
Speaker 4: It only took me fifteen point turn, but I did it.
Speaker 3: Oh my god. If you can get it in two turns, you're like, who saw it?
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's part of like the stress and anxiety is being able to do it quickly without hitting anything.
Speaker 6: I love it.
Speaker 3: I feel like I live in this moment for this.
Speaker 2: It goes for both men and women. The heart rate goes up. Even just backing into an open parking spot increases your average heart rate by forty six percent.
Speaker 4: Dude, no, my new reverse cam on my car. I love backing spot.
Speaker 11: I typically don't have an issue, but the other day I was in the fancy garage and there was a guy that was still in his car next to me that was in like a Porsche or something, and he's just staring at me the entire time I'm backing up like this little Kia.
Speaker 6: You know.
Speaker 2: Yes, Oh my god. They did not measure the heart rate of anybody who's stuck behind some jerk who's double parked and leaves you no space to get around them. But that spike has to be pretty high in heart rate too. Similar Basically, all driving maneuvers raises your heart rate somewhat, but parallel parking seems to raise it the most.
Speaker 3: Start parking your car, Yeah.
Speaker 2: Does on parking spot? Go to the next one.
Speaker 3: Had to get those nice abs? Well, tell you there was a tight spot.
Speaker 2: Let's go to your next headline, the scorching hot game that's sold out everywhere except for eBay. Care and don't care?
Speaker 3: Oh I love games. I care.
Speaker 2: Mattel quietly debuted a new version of Uno last month, and it's already sold out everywhere after TikTok latched onto it. It's ten dollars and it's called Uno. Show them no mercy?
Speaker 3: What's the twist?
Speaker 2: Like I mentioned in the title, good luck finding it, because if you do, they're being resold on eBay right now for at least forty bucks or monay And what's so special about it? It's basically normal UNO, but with a few new rules, including four draw ten cards.
Speaker 4: Whoa'abotaged?
Speaker 2: Also added some draw sixes, a bunch of skip everyone cards. Oh that's awesome, back to you, and a color roulette card which lets you chose a random color and then the other player has to keep drawing from the pile until they pick that color.
Speaker 4: This is kind of fun.
Speaker 3: That sounds fun.
Speaker 16: I like it.
Speaker 2: Those are the tame rules. There's a few new crazy ones, like when someone plays a seven, they get to swap hands with anybody else in the circle.
Speaker 4: Oh yeah, and you have to guess right you see cards.
Speaker 2: So there's a few others here. If you play a zero, everyone passes their hand to the left.
Speaker 4: Ah, and then the hand trading.
Speaker 8: Is genius because we all know that we build that perfect hand very handle, like throw a bunch of bombs down and then boom, someone takes it away.
Speaker 2: To make sure you don't end up with two hundred cards, they do add a mercy rule, which is why it's called U No No Mercy. If you end up holding twenty five cards or more, you immediately lose oh kind of fun guy. People online are joking. This is going to absolutely destroy family.
Speaker 3: I love making my kids cry.
Speaker 2: All right, let's go to your next line. The grand opening, literally no one asked for, but everybody is looking forward to.
Speaker 16: I don't care.
Speaker 6: I care.
Speaker 5: Well.
Speaker 2: Remember how Apple created the iPhone and got everyone to stop buying watches, and then they started selling watches. Yes, yeah, Well, Netflix might be doing the exact same thing. After running Blockbuster out of business and making video stores the thing in the past. Guess who just announced they're going to start opening brick and mortar shops.
Speaker 14: Netflix.
Speaker 2: I'm such a sucker, and it's not crue exactly what kind of mercher stuff they'll be selling.
Speaker 3: If they sell DVDs, I swear on my life.
Speaker 2: I don't think there's anyway you would sell DVDs. I mean that's I know, maybe like a little subscription card with like a like a gift card.
Speaker 3: You know what they're going to sell.
Speaker 11: They're going to sell commercials because that's what we're all going to be watching again pretty soon. I'm telling you, we're going right back to where we started.
Speaker 2: They say the stores will be offering retail items, which could mean things like Strangers Things, T shirts, lava safety helmets, love is Blind, blindfolds.
Speaker 4: It's gonna be the merge for your favorite shows and then.
Speaker 11: Maybe like the box sets or like some board games right to go along with the stranger things.
Speaker 2: Yeah, well, they are planning dining experiences so customers can actually eat the things you watch chefs make on their Netflix cooking shows.
Speaker 4: My god, if every time I watch Chef's Table, I'm like, I wish I.
Speaker 2: Could eat this, or the great British bacon.
Speaker 3: Yeah talking, I like the one with the cole buyer. What's it? What is it called? Where nobody can make it?
Speaker 6: Is it.
Speaker 3: The people who can't?
Speaker 2: Actually, they're even gonna have live entertainment in the stores related to their Netflix program.
Speaker 4: Are your favorite comedian just doing a special in the middle of.
Speaker 2: The rest or probably just one old British lady in the corner singing running up.
Speaker 3: That hill, running up hill, running up that road.
Speaker 2: The stores are going to be called Netflix House, and the first two way open in unannounced city five from there to expand the major cities all.
Speaker 3: Over the world. Tell you, if they hear our reaction, they're not going to pick our city.
Speaker 2: Finally, Jeff's joke of the day care don't care what kind of concert costs forty five cents? What a fifty cent concert featuring Nickelback?
Speaker 5: Some money joke.
Speaker 4: That was scared?
Speaker 5: Don't care?
Speaker 6: Brooking Jeffrey in the morning.
Speaker 2: Well this is embarrassing. But you know Producer BOYD. Yeah, it's his sister's birthday.
Speaker 4: Oh, happy birthday, sister.
Speaker 6: Boy.
Speaker 2: He made me play this song for her. Happy birthday, Leslie Leliday. Too bad her birthday happened to land on this day, the same day as the day I was born.
Speaker 3: Oh it's a didn't know.
Speaker 10: It's a really unlucky day for producer boy Yeah, birthday.
Speaker 4: To happy birthday.
Speaker 2: B Well, it's not about me, you do that. It's about Leslie. After So let's talk to our caller who's gonna play wind Brooks Bucks. Crystal, would you like to wish our producer's sister happy birthday and not Jeffrey?
Speaker 12: Yes, happy birthday. He's a producer's sister, Yes, not me.
Speaker 2: I like you, like you?
Speaker 3: Yeah, jeff you didn't get my gift?
Speaker 5: Yeah, what is it?
Speaker 3: I'll give it to you later.
Speaker 4: Oh yeah, okay, Oh I sent my gift?
Speaker 2: Is that what happened?
Speaker 5: Yeah?
Speaker 2: No, okay, great, Why don't you go out there and find the gift? Brook? I'm sure you will.
Speaker 4: Sure it's somewhere. She's gonna grab some.
Speaker 2: Yeah, mean once, Crystal, you know how the game works. You got thirty seconds to answer as many questions as possible. If you don't know when, you could say past. But you have to beat Brook out right to win?
Speaker 5: Are you ready? Yes?
Speaker 12: I think so.
Speaker 4: All right, Crystal, let's.
Speaker 2: Do this for Leslie on her birthday.
Speaker 4: It's it's your birthday to buddy.
Speaker 5: Here we go.
Speaker 2: Your time starts now. Today is my birthday. Wish me happy birthday in Spanish for a free point oh past. In the nineteen twenties, gangster al Capone ruled what city?
Speaker 6: Uh?
Speaker 5: New York?
Speaker 2: How many ribs are in an adult human body?
Speaker 5: Eight?
Speaker 2: What is the most populated city in North America? New York, Toronto or Mexico City?
Speaker 5: Uh?
Speaker 15: Toronto?
Speaker 2: In the series Stranger Things, what is Eleven's favorite food?
Speaker 12: A waffles?
Speaker 6: Yeah?
Speaker 5: Do that one?
Speaker 2: Good job, Crystal Brooks.
Speaker 12: Amount of ribs.
Speaker 2: Of a little concerned about how many ribs you have in your Okay? That makes sense?
Speaker 5: Oh?
Speaker 2: Brook is back in the studio. She gave me a bell off of her desk that has been there for a very long time.
Speaker 6: I bought it.
Speaker 3: I bought it a long time ago for you.
Speaker 4: Ring it it says wine.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, Jose may have gotten that for me, but I think he meant to get it for you.
Speaker 2: The gifts that keeps on giving. Crystal, What's something that we should know about you since you're first time player to the show.
Speaker 12: Well, I'm working on getting my teaching degree and I work for special at students right now.
Speaker 3: That's awesome. Yet for you, we need good teachers in this world, lots more of them.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I'm working on it.
Speaker 12: It's hard, but it's gonna be worth it.
Speaker 2: Awesome, man, Awesome, I appreciate that, Crystal Brook. It's your turn.
Speaker 3: You're ready, Yeah, I'm ready.
Speaker 2: Your time starts now. Today is my birthday. Wish me happy birthday in Spanish for a free points falis. In the nineteen twenties, gangster al Capone rules What City Chicago? How many ribs are in an adult human body?
Speaker 3: Twenty?
Speaker 2: What is the most populated city in North America? New York, Toronto or Mexico City Mexico City. In the series stranger things. What is eleven's favorite food?
Speaker 4: It goes.
Speaker 2: Solid work by everybody. Today, we're gonna go to the scoreboard and see how you both did with Jose. Nothing says like Rulls milanios.
Speaker 4: Crystal, you got one correct today?
Speaker 3: Oh man, Yeah, that's all right, Crystal.
Speaker 4: Trying to hype you up a little bit. Brook. Yep, well you for Jeff's birthday?
Speaker 3: Yeah, God for.
Speaker 2: Sorry about that, Crystal.
Speaker 12: That's okay. It so fun.
Speaker 3: That's a good attitude.
Speaker 2: Let's get the answers in. Today's my birthday. To wish me happy birthday. In Spanish, it's felice. We did give her that you gave Brooke coop cooplemos follies.
Speaker 3: Okay, I did. I'm not good with pronunciation. I'm not good with Spanish.
Speaker 2: It's f e l I Z all right, pronunciation matter.
Speaker 11: Sorry.
Speaker 2: In the nineteen twenties, gangster al Capone ruled over Chicago. There are twenty four total ribs in the adult human body, twelve on each side.
Speaker 3: I'm missing four, Yeah, you're missing. I don't know.
Speaker 2: Wait a minute, it's a Crystal guest eight.
Speaker 3: So that's all right, just eight, four on each side.
Speaker 2: The most populated city in North America is Mexico City with eight point eight five million people. New York is second, Toronto third, and the series Stranger Things eleven's favorite food is Ego waffles.
Speaker 6: Go yay.
Speaker 2: So Crystal, you know we can't give you any money here, but just for playing, you do win a twenty five dollars Disney gift card valid at any Disney resort, theme park, or online on the Disney Store.
Speaker 5: Oh very awesome.
Speaker 3: Yeah, hey, thanks for playing. I love you.
Speaker 2: You're the only one.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's weird, right, so weird o get weird.
Speaker 2: Yeah, your Disney stuff, but whatever, Thanks for playing, Chris. So what will you actually do when Brooks bucks same time tomorrow?
Speaker 6: Brook and Jeffrey in the morning