Speaker 1: Today show is pre recorded.
Speaker 2: Y'all know what time y'all don't know y'all.
Speaker 1: At all at all, So.
Speaker 3: Don't given them.
Speaker 2: Back.
Speaker 1: A million bus boy, listen to.
Speaker 3: Show to.
Speaker 2: Joy Joy.
Speaker 3: Show you you love you, You.
Speaker 4: Turn to turn the mouth, turn you probably got to turn the mouth, turn out the wad the money.
Speaker 3: Looking.
Speaker 2: Come come on, you'll think that I show will Good morning everybody you are listening to the voice, Come on dig me now, one and only. Steve Harvey got a radio show. Got a radio show because God in the blessing. Business. Got a radio show because God is in the forgiving business. Got a radio show because God will let you turn your life around. Business. Got a radio show because God know better than you know. Yeah, Steve Harvey got a radio show. Didn't see it coming, but he did. I'm gonna share with you today a principle of success. You know, it's it's important that we get our lives together. I mean it really really is. You know, the hereafter is exactly what it says is to hereafter, and hopefully for the majority of us, that's quite a way He's off. So what about how you living today? How about now? You know often talk to you talk in the morning about your relationship with God that can never change. That is at the forefront and the best thought process that I can give you. And I know who I'm talking to on the radio. I'm talking to a lot of people, man, who out there just not sure. And I'm talking to a lot of people out there man that's trying to pull it together. In other words, you know, I'm talking to a lot of people like myself. There is a principle of success that is out there that if more people understood one of the base this is just one of one of the basic principles of success, you would have more success in your life. And that principle is this, the more people you help become successful, the more successful you become. Well, the more people you help become successful, the more successful you become. Because you are practicing helping your and as you do onto others, then it's done unto you. You build relationships. When you do that, people forget and success that has to be relationships. There is no one person in this world who is just successful all on their own. You are successful, and successful people form relationships, and you've got to really coddle these relationships. You've got to nurture these relationships. They don't just happen. You don't just get cool with people just cause you cool. No, you've got to do some cool things to these people and for these people, for these people to be cool with you when you need some cool. I don't know if I'm explaining that right, but that's the best way I can tell it to you. I'm just regular, you know. I just speak like that. This is an important principle to put into your life. The more people you help become successful, the more successful you become. You can look. You have to say to people, hey, look I've done that. This is what you got to do. You got to take some time out to share. You have to share information, experiences, thoughts. You got to take a minute man to uplift somebody, give them some encouragement. Hey man, you can do it. Don't give up. You have no idea. You you you right now. You have no idea how significant you are to someone else, how your words of encouragement could be the difference maker. Today I'm talking about it's a person looking at you that you don't even really know you, or you don't really know them, and you see them struggling with something just say, hey, you know what I've been watching you from afar. You gonna be all right, man, I see some menu. Keep doing the right thing, man, You're gonna be all right. I had a meeting with a young man for the first time, and this young man came into my office and never met him. He has an internet service, which anybody can teach me something about the internet, because I know little too close to nothing. He was twenty seven years old, and he was amazingly bright at this and I guess you know that it's not that hard to impress me. But the fluid speech pattern that he had about this very very difficult subject. He was tossing around the terms I had heard, but he was actually putting him in sentences where it made since to me. It's very fluid, very sure of himself. When he was talking about this little thing, a young dude twenty seven years old. And when he got through, the woman that had introduced me to him, I was leaving my office and she was going to escort him out, and I turned around and I said, young man, I said, what size pants are you? And I guessed it because I've been dressing for long. I've been all them sizes. I said, you about a thirty ways? He said, yes, Sir. I said, what side shoe you waist at nine and a half? I said, what side shirt is at a medium? He said, I really like extra large. I said, well that's too big for you. You just want to look blousey and baggy. And so I was talking to him. Man I said, Man, I'm gonna help you out. I said, man, because let me tell you something. You a sharp young dude. Man, you are raisor sharp. I said, You've really really impressed me today. I said, And you know what, young brother, I said, You're gonna make a lot of money one day. Man, I said, but I want you to get your image up. I want you to. I want you to look at how you dress because you're coming into professional people's office and you're talking about doing something for them, and it takes money to make it happen. I got to give you money to make this happen. What you cannot afford to do is look like you need every dime of this money. See you get when you go in there and you talking about money with another person. The person that's gonna give you this money, can Kate look like you need every dime of this money, you know, so you gotta start presenting yourself. And that's all I just said to him. I just said, man, but you know what you shop, You're gonna make yourself some money. I'm gonna help you out a little bit. I walked out. I went on bout my business. Later on that afternoon, I had a meeting with the woman that bought him in and she said, mister Harvey, you have no idea what you just did. He said, his eyes just teared up when you walked out. He said, Wow, man, that man don't even know me, and he just encouraged me. He said, man, I always thought I might could make it, but he said I ain't. Never had nobody like him tell me I could make it. And just hearing it from him, man, that's all right. I'm gonna get my clothes together. But you know, I've been homeless. And then he started telling the woman that he had been homeless, and so, you know, then she telling me that now I'm fit to cry, because you know, I've been in that hole before. And I just and I'm just sharing that story with y'all just to say, you don't know who you talking, but what does it hurt if you just extend your hand to a person and give them a moment of encouragement. See this young brother right here, he could come back one day and be a major benefit to me because he has a skill set that I don't have. Oh. I might be old, mister Steve Harvey, but hey, guess what, I don't know nothing about what this young cat know. And he'dne went off and educated himself. And just a word of encouragement from somebody like yourself can make all the difference in another person's life. So remember on your way to the top. The more people that you help become successful, the more successful you become. It's a requirement of God that you do that. That ain't Steve Harvey talking. If you read your Bible. Somebody got a Bible verse that backed me up, email it to me today if you know what it is. I don't know, but y'all do out there all right. You're listening, mon, ladies and gentlemen, boys and girls, monkey trainers, people who teach parents how to talk, kitty cat trainers, lizard collectors, snake handlers at an old church in West Virginia, and all the people around the world who are doing something you probably ain't supposed to do and big up to Offset this morning for buying card All in bags and for Peter for coming out against them. I do want to make a statement on behalf of off Set. I am Offsets personal pr person today. I would just like to say Offset has told me to tell y'all alligators kill kids. Don't ask him nothing else about another burking bag that he buying for Cardi B. This is the Steve Harvey Morning Show, and that was our pop culture moment. Yeah. I've never done one of them before, but I just had a pop culture moment.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, I feel I feel we have them every day.
Speaker 2: No, I had one, called it. I thought this myself, So that's what it is. Shelton Strawberry calling for real Mississippi Monica, Junior Boy and the legend that is Nephew Tommy Jr. Was on your mind this morning?
Speaker 5: Did you just hear yourself?
Speaker 2: Did you hear yourself? Huh?
Speaker 5: Pop culture moment?
Speaker 1: You just had one?
Speaker 5: Ain't nothing, you ain't mad about nothing?
Speaker 2: No, no, no, no, no, no, okay, no. You want another pop culture moment, give me one, Give me one. Jada picking Smith, what about coming out Okay, okay, now I better not do that. That was gonna be funny, yes to me, Tommy and Kid yeah myself, we don't give that. No, no, no, no, I had a good wind.
Speaker 3: No it was.
Speaker 2: Who I have.
Speaker 1: That's for off the air, sir.
Speaker 2: Okay, as soon as we get off the air. But Junior, yeah, man, pop, yeah, I will tell you damn will give it to you. Yeah. But Carl, I saw call up you like, and I went, okay, yeah, that probably ain't gonna be good right now. Yeah, but I will. Monica reminded me of something this morning that she's taking over social media. So at least I get a break.
Speaker 1: Yeah, trending lately.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, so thank you Lord. We love Jade, We love JADEA know Jane. Come on, Jaye, no, Mama say something else. Come on jay no, Mama, say some where he is? We will at? Where is will At? When is Willow?
Speaker 6: Ghost?
Speaker 2: Speak up? When is Willow? Go and speak up? Where here is the little boy? Where here is the little boy? Old Smith family? Come on Smith, Afonso rebellen, Nick, Afonso, rebellen, Nick, come on everybody and say something about the Smith family. Where Chessey, jeff At, where's Jessey jeff At somebody, come on, keep it on going on? Yeah, another that was a pop culture song.
Speaker 1: Coming here for thirty two minutes after the hour, we'll hear from the nephew as he runs that prank back right after this.
Speaker 7: You're listening hard morning show.
Speaker 1: It is time now for the nephew to run that prank back.
Speaker 8: What you got for his neph This is the church. Hush if you would the church hush, Church, there we go. Come on, Hello, Hello, I'm trying to reach your sister.
Speaker 9: This is how you doing.
Speaker 2: Uh. Good, good evening to you, ma'am.
Speaker 8: I don't mean to be giving you a call this late in the evening, but I I am the new youth minister.
Speaker 2: I haven't.
Speaker 8: My name is Sean Williams over at Missionary Baptist Church.
Speaker 9: Which minus which new Youth Minnesota.
Speaker 4: What happened?
Speaker 8: Uh he's no longer with the church anymore? Man, No, oh my no, why well, I'm not at liberty to speak upon that. But but what I was doing is getting around and making sure I met everyone because I haven't met everyone yet and I wanted to reach out to.
Speaker 2: Everyone at the church.
Speaker 8: But listen, let me, let me get down to some more business because I've I've spoken with the pastor.
Speaker 9: Uh we spoke Bishop, Yes, I know, but it's Bishop Okay.
Speaker 8: I spoke with him on yesterday, and we have narrowed some things down of a few changes we're going to be making at the church, and what we want to do is one of the major subjects that have come up, sister, is that we're wanting you, if at all possible, and the deacons we're in on this meeting as well, but wanting you to change your attitude when people are coming in and you're seating them. From my understanding, it's gotten to the point where they think you're wait wait, wait.
Speaker 9: Wait, wait, wait, wait a minute, wait, I had a meeting on me.
Speaker 2: Well, it wasn't a meeting.
Speaker 9: Listen here. I've been ushering on that usher board for forty seven years. I am the senior usher on that unherboard, and I've been trying to be nuts about it. But I don't understand how y'all don't have a meeting without me. But now you won't call here and tell me that you're having a meeting on me about me being.
Speaker 2: Nice always not Well, ma'am, that doesn't seem to be the problem with that son twenty seven.
Speaker 9: Ma'am gonna some boy to call me you this don't make no o.
Speaker 3: What is it?
Speaker 2: Well?
Speaker 8: What that's actually my call, ma'am, is that maybe we have figured if I would call and speak with you about the matter, that maybe we can get to some type of uh rectifying this situation to where we.
Speaker 9: Can we gonna rectify here. I'm gonna rectify you calling me this time of night, tell my some meeting. This don't make no time. And I don't appressionate you calling me any time of night. Away, Bishop, I need to speak the bishop.
Speaker 2: Bishop.
Speaker 9: I've been at this church for seven years. I've been say oh my life, this don't make no type of sense. You calling me here with this mess now is going to make me cuss. I'm trying to be a question but y'all not gonna lost me be a Christian. She's just gonna just gonna agitate me with this mess we're telling me about something.
Speaker 8: Be nice, well, ma'am, that that son, that they're having problems when you're seeding the people, and that's all that we're trying to get.
Speaker 9: People don't want to sit down, They want to go over here. They want to go over there. They want to have the children running too, and so it's like a bunch of demons a while he's just walking around in the trunch like they ain't got no sense. And I'm not gonna have it in my section. My section is gonna be strife.
Speaker 2: And I understand it.
Speaker 8: Let you know what, sister, I think if we did this, if you would do me a favor and hold your phone, and if you would just bow your head right now for me, maybe we can come to to get to get the man up.
Speaker 9: What am I buying my head for? I ain't nothing, because if we can flows is clean, it's hospital coffee. It don't make no spleen for me. What did I buy my head?
Speaker 8: If you could, maybe, if you could close your eyes, sister, sister, I want to close.
Speaker 9: I said, you called me and woke me up out of my fleet with this mess.
Speaker 3: Come on, come meeting.
Speaker 9: I am very annoyed at this and I don't appreciate it, and I'm gonna tell you right now, I'm gonna.
Speaker 3: Speak to me now.
Speaker 2: Father, we asked that you look down upon sister.
Speaker 10: We asked that you look down upon her right now, right now, asking that you put a smile on her face on Sunday morning, asking that you put some joy in her heart on Sunday morning, asking that you draw all the pain that she in, the anguish that she might be going through, whatever demon there is inside.
Speaker 2: We asked that you draw that demon out. We asked that you poured that demon away from sister. Right now, An your name, we ask all of these.
Speaker 9: Blessings to come, because I don't appreciate this boy. I don't even know.
Speaker 1: Who you is.
Speaker 9: All my is you my number?
Speaker 8: Pastor gave me the number and asked me to call I am like I said, I'm Sean Williams.
Speaker 2: We haven't met yet, and I am the new you know he know.
Speaker 9: He don't act that way. And it's Bishop for the third time. I've told your boy, Bishop respectful. The folk see that's what missing.
Speaker 8: Let me let me let me say this right. Here's sister, and maybe this will shed some light on things a little bit clear out.
Speaker 9: I'm Tryst.
Speaker 8: This is nephew Tommy from a Steve har Of in morning show. You just got pranked by sister who is also a usher at the church and mission there about this.
Speaker 9: This is a messing, but we already that.
Speaker 3: Yes, yes, this don't make.
Speaker 9: No sense, Lord him, but this is embarrassing. Oh my god, this is show.
Speaker 2: Yes, ma'am, that's that's that's that's my uncle.
Speaker 9: This this is just a joke though, manimming yes, o lord, how you doing timming?
Speaker 2: How you doing? Sister? So this is I am? I am in Do you listen to the show?
Speaker 9: Every I never would act mylf be on that. Oh lord, jo oh my god, got me on this radio?
Speaker 2: Sister? Did this here to you?
Speaker 1: Well?
Speaker 2: How about it?
Speaker 9: Y'all call me back and we get sisters.
Speaker 10: We do that, we do.
Speaker 9: We would do a blank on a bill and a couple of bills, show a little they got a business.
Speaker 2: What is the baddest radio show in the land?
Speaker 9: What the Steve Harvey Morning Show? And look Thomas and all the mother look cheerle them look dead German.
Speaker 3: She is so cute.
Speaker 9: I love us.
Speaker 3: This is so ya.
Speaker 9: I'm so sorry. Please forgive me.
Speaker 1: All right, nephew, thank you. Coming up next to his ask the clo our chief love Officer, Steve Harvey. You're listening Steve Harvey Morning Show coming up at the top of the hour and entertainment news and our what did Jada say today? Update? Jada Pink and Smith's back in the news. Jada says she and Will are planning to write a book together, to do something again together. Terrell Owens was excuse me. Terrell Owens was struck by a car after a disagreement on the basketball court. And President Biden is headed to Israel today. That's all coming up at the top of the hour, but right now it is time to ask the CLO Chief Love Officer Steve Harvey is here. Hannah and Macon writes, My husband and I planned a trip for two, the two of us, and he invited his parents to go without asking me. We have Sunday dinner with them weekly, and they're at our house twice a week to use our home gym. We've only been married eight months. Do you think his parents will understand if I politely uninvite them?
Speaker 2: Hell no, no, hell no, They old too much. But I'll tell you what though, way over at the house twice using the GM, you have a Sunday meal with them. Now you married this little mama's boy. You ain't see the signs. You ain't see the signs only eight months. See most parents, you give your children space even before they get married, so they can go up and develop on their own. And then once they married, you're supposed to step away. Man, you already know that you don't want nobody in your house twice a month. Why don't you get a little ragged ass gym, get you a thigh master, and gone sit down somewhere. Don't get in here where your old ass ain't over there really doing nothing in the damn Jim. Know how they got all this little stuff online? You can order got them shake weights, remember them weight you're holding your hand and you shake, get that, Get you that and get you a thigh master, and go on about your business.
Speaker 1: Quick boy.
Speaker 2: If you uninvite her, it's gonna be a problem. Yeah, it's gonna be a problem. What you have to do is go to your husband and tell your husband to uninvite them. You gotta bet.
Speaker 1: But if you do it, And she said politely, how do you politely uninvite someone?
Speaker 2: Hey, listen, Mam Paul, I just want to talk to y'all. You know, we're planning on taking y'all to that vacation, and I was just thinking, we don't really want y'all to come, so we was wondering if you could like give us an excuse why you couldn't come so we could uninvite you. Wow, huh, Mamma, don't cry, Mama, don't cry. It's just one vacation. It's not good. Now, we'll stop looking forward. Don't do that, all right?
Speaker 1: Moving on to Teresa and Charleston, Teresa says, I've been married for twelve years and I have gray hair on my head and everywhere else. Now it's not a big deal to me, but my husband wants me to get wax so he doesn't have to see it down there? Should I make him shave his gray hairs too? Wow?
Speaker 2: Yeah? Yeah? Need to get it off down there?
Speaker 1: Am I?
Speaker 2: Yeah? Yeah, that you do? Need to get it off down there? Okay.
Speaker 1: I don't think she's against it. She just wants to know. Should she make her husband shave his too?
Speaker 2: I don't know. Well, it ain't if he got something down there, it's got to go. My How old are y'all? They've been married twelve year? Are they like seventy five or something?
Speaker 1: I don't think so.
Speaker 2: See, they didn't put their age, They just said how long they've been married? Y'all might not be able to shave down there. You need to get some medical cleanses cause you must run to take a cut down there, and you're too old. You ain't gonna believe, you know how long it takes. He'll now, there ain't no air down.
Speaker 1: There, ain't no as okay.
Speaker 2: Yeah, So if he got great hair down his man part, he got to shave too, Yeah, damn it, that's only fair. Or or he can get some baby some Beijing and put it down there, and then when y'all get thrown, then when then y'all get through making love both, y'all got to take a bath.
Speaker 1: Yeah, all right, we're moving on flipping Kansas City says my wife isn't speaking to me after her male boss called her three times in one night, and on the third time, I picked up the phone and told him that my wife was unavailable. I don't think I was wrong, but I hate that she's ignoring me. Do I have to apologize?
Speaker 2: No, you ain't got to apologize. But you call him three times? She ain't available though? What you want?
Speaker 1: Yeah, at night after work hours.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's disrespectful. That yeah, yeah, and that man know it. Now you need to find out two things. Number one, Is he married? Number two? Is he happily married?
Speaker 1: Okay?
Speaker 2: Three? Number three? Going to work in the morning, we all going, yeah, is he attracted to your wife?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Yeah, And I think what you need to do. And the way you find that is you go down there for lunch one day, just walk in in surprise her and asked to speak to her supervisor and say, hey, is it okay if I take my wife to work and just look him dead and I see what he's say and if he flinched, just knock his ass smooth.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: But why is she mad though? Why is she mad at her husband and ignoring him.
Speaker 2: Because she feels like he overstepped his bounds with her profession. But your husband, no, he done called three times in grade nine, but he listening to the con See he been ill hustling, and all that conversation ain't been about work. Oh I'm fine, just sitting here and joining myself. You know, you know it was funny what they said at work. See he didn't ill hustle a cop like that. So he went, okay, call him one more damn time. She had a vade? What you need?
Speaker 9: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Yeah, all right? Laverne in Green last one Steve lavernon Greenville says, I work at the post office, and I noticed my neighbor gets a lot of money orders every month and he mails them out of town to the same address each month. Could he be cheating on his wife and sending the money to another woman?
Speaker 2: Why is that your damn this Your job is that post office is to sort the mail and put it in the right thing so it could go where it's post to go. Why are you and this man's business bout these damn money orders? Do your damn job before, because if you say something, he gonna report you to the post office and you gonna be out of work. Mind, your damn job is to deliver the mail rain, sleep, hail, or snow. Your job ain't based on delivered a mail based on rain, sleeps hal snow. And what I know, money orders supposed to deliver the mail. The money orders ain't your damn business.
Speaker 1: Wow, he's really overstepping you, knows it.
Speaker 2: This is a man that wrote this.
Speaker 1: Uh Laverne in Greenville?
Speaker 2: Laverne, No, leave that stuff alone and get out these people's business. Im make me sick. Laverne got the old ass name anyway, Laverne who the hell named Laverne anyway, and sit your old ass down trying to be trying to be like like you snoop it. You know you ain't do that. They know why your husband don't care about you now your knows ass?
Speaker 1: Yes, hey, all right, thank you?
Speaker 2: Still find out where your husband sending his money? Orders to.
Speaker 1: Entertainment News. Right after this, you're listening morning show, well in our What did Jada Pinkett Smith say today? Update? Jada Pinkett Smith did an interview with Extra. She's still promoting her book Worthy, which is out now, and she announced she and her hobby Will Smith are planning to write a book together and it's going to be titled Don't Try This at Home. She stated that since she and Will have been through so much and considering what Will is going through right now, their book would be helpful to so many other men. Jada said she and Will would kind of talk about their specific journey together. So see, what do you think would you read it?
Speaker 2: What is Will going through? Now? What's what's happening with you.
Speaker 1: Know, I mean the aftermath of the slap and everything.
Speaker 2: And whatever it is is what's she didn't put him through going? She started.
Speaker 1: Is what do to help us?
Speaker 5: Though me, I wish I would.
Speaker 8: I'll tell you what, instead of them writing the book, we ought to even buy them the Bible. They can get them to let them sit down and start.
Speaker 1: Read it together.
Speaker 2: Hey, you know what what's crazy is I think what happened to Will was you know, Will has been you know fresh prince. Parents just don't understand, you know, been there. Uh, let's get jiggy weed.
Speaker 1: Being in black.
Speaker 2: You know, he's been that guy. I think when he slapped Chris, the ramifications, the whole the raft that he got behind that decision threw him off because he didn't this this could have been for him possibly and I don't know this, but this could have been for him the most traumatic thing that's happened to him image wise. And I mean, and then it was all the heels of the embarrassing red tabletop conversation with the little young boy involved, the entanglement and now this, And I think what is forced Will to do is just deal with some unpleasantry that and I don't think his suffer game is quite up to part. He should call me, well, he needs somebody to show him how to suffer.
Speaker 1: Yeah, because he was very beloved and still is, you know, until everybody was shocked onto that who didn't like will Smith you know before the slast Yeah, people love it. Can still do you tut major? But then it took off.
Speaker 2: He was gone, Yeah, Ali conscious.
Speaker 4: And the.
Speaker 2: Major dude man. And I think when he got the raft behind to slap it throw him off. And they ain't going through nothing. It's just welcome to the real world. Welcome to the real world. And it's all relative. The biggest star you are, you know, the bigger the price. I mean, you know heavy is the crime, and you know it's it's tough, man. So I don't know that he's going to write a book that can help me in though. What the answer?
Speaker 1: That's the question?
Speaker 2: Would you read the book?
Speaker 8: I mean every time every morning we come to work, it's the Smiths, the Smiths. What is the Williams doing. What is the Baker's doing doing something?
Speaker 1: Remember what the West doing? What the James doing?
Speaker 2: Lebron and I praised God, Come on, John, come old.
Speaker 1: Jada, We're gonna move on here. In other entertainment news, whatever happened to a friendly disagreement on the basketball court?
Speaker 8: Huh?
Speaker 2: Well?
Speaker 1: In former NFL star Terrell Owens case it ended up with him being hit by a car. According to TMZ, Terrell Owens was playing a pickup game of basketball and he had a heated exchange with a guy in the court and then Terrell thought they'd squashed it, but as he left, the guy intentionally hit Terrell with his car. The car struck him in his knee, but didn't do any serious damage. The incident is being called an assault with a deadly weapon, but no arrests have been made so far. I mean, can you believe this he has a disagreement on it.
Speaker 2: Well, normally when you own the playground and somebody normally when you on the playground. I've been over the playground. Just happened and you see somebody going to their car. That ain't a good scene because they usually open the trunk and come back. Very rare to do they go get the car and then bring the car is to get your ass with it, because you usually get something out the car. It's the first time I've hear or somebody go get the car. I'm going to get my car, okay, but don't actually open the trunk, switched it up and draw he brought the car back. Yeah, what playground is?
Speaker 8: Is he? O?
Speaker 3: That?
Speaker 2: What I mean?
Speaker 8: Ain't need to cut off age for playground.
Speaker 2: I'm just asking a.
Speaker 1: Pickup game. Yeah, it was a basketball court.
Speaker 2: He act like the car once again? How is kill? And we out here arguing on the court.
Speaker 1: Don't you wash it?
Speaker 2: It was just like, that's what that's like. Steve used to do that. That wasn't mean that what he did. My wife real started at that. But you ain't posed to end your career cause of it. No, Why was he on a playground?
Speaker 1: Tommy wants to know you're at the next.
Speaker 2: Level, you know, people with courts clubs. Yeah, why is I'm down at a public playground outside where somebody can go get they damn car at the hall? All right?
Speaker 1: Coming up in twenty minutes after, guys, another shooting on an HBCU campus has claimed the life of a twenty one year old student. We'll get into that talk about that right after this. You're listening Hard Morning show in sat and shocking news. There was another shooting on an HBCU campus on Sunday night on the campus of Jackson State University at an on campus apartment community, twenty one year old Jalen Burns, a student from Chicago, was shot and killed. Jalen Burns's father spoke on WLS in Chicago and stated that his son, Jalen, was with one of his fraternity brothers who wanted to break up with his girlfriend and get his things out of her apartment. The girl had a group of people at her apartment and a fight broke out and someone had a gun. Burns stated that his son was trying to break up the fight when he was shot and killed. Now, according to Jackson Police, Burns tried to drive himself to the hospital after being shot, but he couldn't make it. An investigation is underway at Jackson State University. Burns was an industrial technology major, a member of Alpha Phi Alpha fraternity, and a campus leader. Wow, that's really sad news, very sad.
Speaker 7: Yeah it is, it really is.
Speaker 1: And here's an update on the Morgan State University shooting that was from last week. On Friday, Baltimore Police announced the arrest of a seventeen year old allegedly involved in a shooting and they have issued an attempted murder warrant for another set Javon Williams. The US Marshall Service is offering up to ten thousand dollars to locate Javon Williams. Five people were wounded in that incident, four of whom were Morgan State University students.
Speaker 2: Once they got your name, it's just a matter of time.
Speaker 1: A matter of time. Yeah, but that's so sad.
Speaker 2: How did you stop it? So?
Speaker 1: You send your children to school, to college, you know, and then you get this news that I feel. I feel for these parents. That's heartbreaking right there.
Speaker 2: Really, you send your child to elementary school, you send your child to the movies, you go to church, you just down at the grocery store. I mean, it's completely out of control. This young man loses his life trying to break up a fight. I'm telling you this gun. Carrying a gun is causing more than you know. See, the gun serves you no purpose unless you use it, which is what happens in the minds of a lot of people. I got this gun now that best By carrying the gun, it creates and gives you an option that's not there if you don't have a gun. You know what I'm saying. If you got an incident at an apartment, in somebody's house and you don't have a gun, then you got to figure out another way for conflict resolution. But if you have a gun, now you've opened up an option that you would normally have, right, and now you've chosen that option to use this weapon that you have. And now, guess what. This young man's life is gone. But I got news for you. Yours is gone too. And the parents and the families, and the brothers and sisters, they life is jacked up. I got everybody got a right to carry, but man, everybody don't need.
Speaker 1: To carry all right. Coming up next, another flight is delayed because a passenger had an accident on a plane. We'll talk about it right after this. You're listening morning show, Well, it might be time to stop serving food in the airport and on these flights. Frustrated passengers on board the budget airline EasyJet were seen on videos that surfaced on social media over the weekend. They were moaning and groaning in disgust when their flight to London was postponed three times after someone defecated on one of the airplane's bathroom floors. The New York Post posted a video of the pilot telling passengers on board the EasyJet flight from the Spanish island of Tenerafe, Tenerife, that someone found it rather entertaining to defecate on the front toilet. So now we're staying the night here. We're now going to get everyone off and organize hotels. Then we'll fly back tomorrow morning. The official cause of the flight being delayed was cited as the aircraft requiring additional cleaning. EasyJet offered passengers a six hundred and ten dollars voucher to switch flights. Wow, another one.
Speaker 2: Did they let that person back on? See, they don't know who did it. Somebody ran in that bathroom and it was in such a herd. He ain't had time to let that seat up. It's all down.
Speaker 1: Oh that's what happened.
Speaker 2: Wow, I don't really you know what. Listen to me. Stop going to these air ports ordering for me. Restaurants you don't normally eat their food. Al Paquitos, You ain't never had al Pequitoes before. What did you ordered from al Paquitos? They got McDonald's in all these restaurants. Chick fil A's, get you something you're familiar with. You know, you can't order from al Paquitos and you ain't never had al pequito before Suave Davante, Suave davante. Don't serve what's at your house? Never heard ordering all these exotic ass dishes that your body ain't used to. That's not what you eat. Ain't introducing nothing new to your system. And then get up in that.
Speaker 1: Cabin pressure thirty six thousand.
Speaker 2: He's thirty six thousand, free in the alf the You done have some tarisos with hot sauce on it? Okay, okay?
Speaker 1: Turbulust what it comes to Prussia?
Speaker 2: Yeah? Hey, now you're up there. Now you hear some turbulence. Now it's shaking you. Yeah, that way is easy.
Speaker 1: I'm mad of them, right jor.
Speaker 10: Yeah?
Speaker 2: And that's another thing too.
Speaker 8: Man.
Speaker 2: He gave everybody six hundred and ten dollars. Maybe I don't know the price of flights no more, my bad, Let me just stay.
Speaker 1: Oh oh, come on, you're right.
Speaker 2: You don't know.
Speaker 3: I do?
Speaker 1: We do? What the hell is easy?
Speaker 8: Yet?
Speaker 5: Never heard of them?
Speaker 1: Is that an international airline?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 2: I know what it is. You are really on Southwest? At least get on Southwest? You know what they do?
Speaker 9: Take?
Speaker 2: You know what on prices? I don't. I ain't been nowhere for six hundred dollars in a long time long. I didn't know where we're going. But what is?
Speaker 3: What is? So?
Speaker 2: Imagine six hundred and ten? Do it take off?
Speaker 3: Or you just.
Speaker 2: Around the airport. I'm just I ain't that.
Speaker 8: It's safe to say if you was on the price is right, you really wouldn't You really wouldn't make it past that front row.
Speaker 2: No, I ain't gonna do good. Knocked tom thone man, Tommy while you was gone, they had a hip hop quiz for me. Uh huh, Tommy, you did good. I shocked him.
Speaker 1: He killed I killed.
Speaker 2: Shocked them Tommy, he did Wow. What we can do today is y'all could try me with this price is right and we can see if I know, I ain't. I don't feel too comf a din about that. Okay, rega work, but just throughout the you know, you could just sprinkle me in here and now you don't have to make a whole set and just say how much is the price of and I gotta get it within you know a certain amount?
Speaker 1: How much is a gallon of milk? Go ahead, you.
Speaker 2: A gallon of milk? Yees up? Und wires higher for milk?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Yeah, last time up five dollars.
Speaker 8: Close four thirty three per gallon for conventional whole milk.
Speaker 6: Yeah, you want to get organic, you want to go? All right, we'll do you some more. Come out next to it was like eighty Today's prank phone call from the nephew.
Speaker 1: Right after this, you're listening.
Speaker 7: Morning show.
Speaker 1: Come up at about four minutes after the hour. It's my strawberry letter for today and the subject is what about the rumors about her? Okay, we'll find out what that's all about. Get into it in just a few because right now it is time for the nephew and today's prank phone call. Nephew, what you got?
Speaker 8: We're gonna call the doctor today, Shirley. We need we're in need today. So this is Dr Petrie. I need some help, Doctor Petrie. I need some help, cat dog.
Speaker 3: If you would hello, I'm trying to reach doctor Petrie. Please.
Speaker 11: This is doctor Petrie, Doctor Petrie.
Speaker 3: My name is Jared, Jared, and I was hoping you could help me outould with a problem that I have.
Speaker 11: Okay, hello, Jared, I would love to help you out with a problem. Unfortunately, then Doctor Petri, right, I am, but this is my personal number. How did you get this number.
Speaker 3: If somebody gave me this number so I could call you and and try to get some counseling from you, because I gotta I mean, I'm, I'm, I'm I'm I'm really in a bad situation right now.
Speaker 11: Okay, I can I can recognize that that you're in a bad situation. But how did you get my number? This is my personal line? Who gave you my number?
Speaker 3: Are you? You? You the doctor? You're the counselor to help people with with with with with situations and problems and stuff.
Speaker 11: Right, yes, I am Jared. What can I do for you? Jared?
Speaker 3: Uh, I got a problem that it seems like I'm just you know, I've been married to my wife for six years.
Speaker 11: Okay, wait, wait wait Jared. Now this what you're what you're about to get into. You're about to you want to go into a counseling session, and so in order to do that, I do that through making an appointment.
Speaker 3: I don't understand all of that, but you you you don't understand I'm trying to. What I'm trying to tell you is that I got a situation and I know it's gonna happen again the night because it's been having it all the time. I'm just I just need something. If you could just give me a little bit of help, and then I'll come in next week. But I mean, i just need you to tell me how to handle my problem, and then I've come in next week. I just I just I need this bad right now.
Speaker 11: Jarrett, Jared, Jared, I need you to focus, Okay. I don't do this over the phone, However, it sounds to me like.
Speaker 3: I need you. Can you can you be that for me, just for I'm here for calling you and disrupting your weekend, but can you help me out? Hey?
Speaker 9: I call him back.
Speaker 11: I don't know what's going on.
Speaker 3: Hello, call him back.
Speaker 11: Hello, I'm here, Jared.
Speaker 3: I'm here, Doctor Patrick, I'm here.
Speaker 11: Tell me, tell me what's going on, Jared. I'm here to listen to you.
Speaker 3: Okay, listen. I've been I've been mad to my wife for like six years now, and I don't know what it is. But whatever, whenever we intimate, you know, I get scared, and I'm going to the closet and I got a TV in there and I watched old TV shows because I'm scared. I'm scared of the intimacy between me and her.
Speaker 11: Okay, Jared, this this sounds like a particular case and it's different from anything that I've experienced thus far. And I want to make sure that I address your up in.
Speaker 3: The big league again, not turn it back. What loneween nil you wouln't need baby, There ain't nothing long with that. We're moving on up.
Speaker 11: Okay, Jared, focus, You called me and you need to ill.
Speaker 3: I'll be going. I'll be going through it to be bothering me.
Speaker 11: Okay, Jared. What I need to do is I need to make sure that.
Speaker 3: Three o'clock, four o'clock rock, five six seven o clop clop, Rock Lord clock Rock. We're going to rock rock the clock tonight, win the cock right through wind the band going down the crutch to.
Speaker 11: Breeze, breathe. Oh, how did you get my number? How did you get my personal number?
Speaker 3: They gave me your number and said you you would be the one that would that would that would that would that would take care of me.
Speaker 11: I'm here, okay, let's take a disiround.
Speaker 3: And you knew where you were then girls were girls and men were men. Wishing we could use a man like her, but Hugh, but right again, up.
Speaker 11: Together, I want to help you. I want to help you, and I want to help your situation. I want to help you with your wife. But you you called me and I if you're looking for a lifeline for an anchor, I'm trying to be that.
Speaker 3: I mean you to help me. I should help me with my wife because see, I know my wife is gonna leave me here if I know, quit doing this. Here's this story of a lovely lady, lovely girls, Jered.
Speaker 11: My technique is a little bit different and maybe a little unorthodox.
Speaker 3: If not to feel this cru the minal would be lost, the moon would be lost, the minner.
Speaker 11: Okay, look here, look here.
Speaker 3: I need you to help me.
Speaker 11: I need to get you into my office. I need to schedule an appointment with you. You need to erase my personal number from yourself.
Speaker 3: Because he knows your name.
Speaker 4: Jared.
Speaker 11: Ocus, Ocus, Ocus, Jared Focus. There's a lot more going on here. For one, you're making out of.
Speaker 3: Fun with me in all the games, learning from each other while we do our thing and have a good time.
Speaker 11: Jared, my patience is said up. I have no more patience with you now. I need you to face focus and get it together. Why didn't you call me? Why didn't you? How did you get my number?
Speaker 3: Why you holler at me? Why you're supposed to be a doctor. You're supposed to be a doctor.
Speaker 11: I am a doctor. Don't question my credentials. Young man.
Speaker 9: You called me.
Speaker 11: I want to help you, but this has gone on too far.
Speaker 3: This is going on. Gave me your numbers? Me too, Steve? You know, Steve, don't you?
Speaker 2: Now?
Speaker 11: Look, I want to help you, but you are not allowing me to do so. So who is Tommy?
Speaker 3: Who is Stephens?
Speaker 11: And how did you get my number on the radio? Even on the radio, as in the radio, as in Tommy, Matthew, Tommy?
Speaker 3: You have been.
Speaker 11: No, you didn't go?
Speaker 3: Oh, my god, do you have a colleague named Charles?
Speaker 11: You know what I'm gonna ki Ooh look that I can't believe Charlie did this? Similar my god?
Speaker 3: Do you know what time you got a warr You got me flustered? I was recording you. I love you know that. I gotta ask you something though, What is the baddest and I mean the baddest radio show in the land that Steve.
Speaker 4: Have and show?
Speaker 3: By my goodness, wow, fitched.
Speaker 2: On fry in the kitchen, Beans don't burn on the grill.
Speaker 1: Okay.
Speaker 2: Took a whole lot of trying just to get up that.
Speaker 7: He mm hmm.
Speaker 2: Now we're up in the big league. Did not tear that back as long as we live.
Speaker 1: Talking to us, Tommy, we know what you say, we know and we know the melody of it. And you you're getting on.
Speaker 2: Oh oh, there's a story of a lovely lady.
Speaker 1: You switch.
Speaker 2: One day, maybe Frederick wind to fight and that will stay.
Speaker 7: Our other stones.
Speaker 1: Our lives.
Speaker 2: Come on, my little fit, let's don't still good to this day.
Speaker 8: You mean all right, Chicago, Wendy City, y'all get ready to nephew is coming to town and it starts studding.
Speaker 2: We got the one and only Gary Owen in the building.
Speaker 8: We got Tony Robinson the building, Bill BELLI me, that's my man in the building. Melanie comatcho, okay, okay, we got Benji in the building. We got Kevin tATu the building. Y'all don't want to miss noneing that's hosted by yours truly nephew, Tommy. And that is two nights. That's sweetest day. Coma Jeff, so bring your sweetie. It's Friday night or Saturday night at the Airy Crown this Friday, this Saturday, come on out, have a good If you don't have a sweetish, come get you a sweetie at the Every Crown. They're gonna have some sweetest. They're gonna have some sweetest. Looking for some sweetest. Okay, all right, come get your sweet home at the Airy Crown Friday on Saturday, Chicago, Illinois. I would be dressed when pressed and ready with a whole lot of long Johnson.
Speaker 1: Okay, and two peacoats. All right, thank you? If you coming up next Strawberry letter, the subject what about the rumors about her? Okay, we'll get into that right after this data. Now you're listening Steve Harvey Morning Show. It is time now for today's Strawberry Letter. And if you need advice on relationships, work, sex, parenting, and more, please submit your Strawberry Letter to Steve Harvey FM dot com by clicking submit Strawberry Letter. We could be reading your letter live on the air, just like we're going to read this one right here, right now, and you never know, it could be yours.
Speaker 2: You never know. Buckle up and hold on tight, beguide it for you.
Speaker 10: Here.
Speaker 2: It is Drawbery Letter.
Speaker 1: Thank you, nephews. Subject, what about the rumors about her Dear Stephen Shirley. I'm the oldest of three brothers, and I love being the big sister. I have two sisters in law that I love, and a total of five nieces and nephews. It's my twenty eight year old brother that's giving us all grief because he's chosen a woman that's been around the block more than a few times, and her children's father is known for shooting people that cross him. My brother just got home from being stationed overseas and he moved in with an old friend from high school. He started driving for a limousine service just to pass the time, and that's where he met the woman he's dating. He told us that a wealthy man hired him to pick up this lady, and the man paid for the limo to sit outside his home until the lady was ready to leave. My brother said he was sitting in the limo waiting and right after midnight, the door opened and the woman was pushed out onto the porch. The man threw the woman's shoes out in the front yard. The brother said he ran and got the lady's shoes and helped her to the car. She told my brother that the man used her for sex and she thought he was really interested in being with her. Now, if someone had told me that story the first time I met him, I would not try to date that person. But my brother decided to be captain save a chick, and now he is dating the woman and taking care of her children. She is thirty seven and trifling af and she still runs a street behind my brother's back. Both of my other brothers have tried to talk sinceon to him, and we all cringe when he brings this woman to family outings, and we're so afraid he's going to try to marry her because he wants a family so badly. Why did he fall so hard for her? How do we get him to see there are better choices for him? Well, you know the saying opposites attract, right, Well, that's what's happened here. And you're so right about him wanting to save her or something. I mean, she's a mess. Her life looks like it's a mess. She's got this ex who wants to shoot people. But she makes him, your brother, your twenty eight year old brother, feel needed, And you know how men love to feel needed. I know you care about your little brother, but this is one of those life lessons that he's going to have to learn for himself. Unfortunately, there's really nothing you can do. You and your brothers have talked to him. I'm sure you've pleaded with him to leave her alone. Probably just made him run to her even more and want to be even closer with her, because the heart is just so deeply invested like that you can't see it while you're in You heard the other saying love is blind. That's another thing that's happening here. You're gonna have to wait this one out. You can start inviting some of your beautiful single friends your girlfriends around. Maybe they'll flirt with him a little bit and he'll realize there's something better out there. But right now he's caught up. We've all seen this movie before where a good person gets with a bad person and end up getting their heartbroken or worse. You know, you guys just got to make sure you're there for him when that happens. And it looks like dealing with her it's gonna happen.
Speaker 2: Steve, Well, no other ways to handle this other than what Shirley said. You can do it Shirley's way. I guess that's true. More you know, non more conventional, traditional way of handling it and letting it out all play out. And you know this is a lesson he's got to learn. Well, damn it, we need to learn this lesson today. We ain't got no more time. This has gone too far. You're the oldest of three brothers. You love being a big system. You got two sister laws that you love, a total five nieces and nephews. But if she twenty eight year old, has given us grief because he has chosen a woman that has been around the block more than a few times. In other words, she just doing laps that she go. Oh, here she come again. Whoo, that's she go. Good riddings. Oh she back again. She on the backstretch, she got she back again? Man? What is yeah? That's what you're doing. This is the part that would stop me. Her children's father is known for shooting at people that cross him. Now right there, this letter needs to go no further. At twenty eight, when I was thirty eight, When I was forty eight, when I was fifty eight, when I turned sixty eight. Hell, when I was eight, when I was eighteen. At no point did I like people who shot at people. It's just it's never been. I've just never been an interest of mine. I don't care how fine you are. Once your boyfriend start shooting. All the beauty traits I saw in you, they disappeared right away. Matter of fact, your ugly ass needs to move on. So right now, I don't even know why we're reading this letter anymore. But my brother just got home from being stationed overseas. He moved in with an old friend from high school. This is another ridiculous line. He started driving for a limousine service just to pass the time, didn't Don't nobody do that. You don't take no damn job, no job just to pass the time. You can pass the time sitting on the porch. You can pass the time sitting in the backyard. You can pass the time going down to the park every day. He took a job because he needed to work. Now you gonna be the big sister. Stop acting like the mama. Make an excuse for these boys. He took a limousine job just to pass the time, and that's where he met the woman he's dating. He told us that a wealthy man hired him to pick up this lady, and the man paid for the limo to sit outside his home until the lady was ready to leave. What that sounded like to you, Dad? Don't sound like prostitution to you.
Speaker 8: Oh?
Speaker 2: Hang on, Steve, got on, hang on, don't sound like that.
Speaker 1: We'll have part two of your response coming up in twenty three minutes after the hour. Today's Strawberry Letters, subject what about the rumors about her? Well, we'll get back into it right after this.
Speaker 7: You're listening Morning show, All right, Come on, Steve.
Speaker 1: Let's recap today's Strawberry letter. The subject is what about the rumors about her?
Speaker 2: Yeah, what about the rumors about her? Your twenty eight year old brother that was in the military and came home and was living with a friend, and you said, you know that you a little upset about the woman he didn't chose because she'd been around the block a few times. Your brother just got home and moved in with an old friend, and he started driving for a limousine service just to pass the time. That's the first lie you told in the letter, Because ain't nobody working for no limousine service just to pass the time? You pass the time? By going down to the park, go to the beach, go to the playground with terrail and play basketball. It's a lot of things you can do to pass the time, but what you don't do is pass the damn time by taking the job. He need money, and that's where he met the woman he's date. He told us that a wealthy man, a wealthy man hired him to pick up this lady, and the man paid for the limo to sit outside his home until the lady was ready to leave. My brother said he was sitting in the limo waiting and right after midnight, the door opening, the woman was pushed onto the porch. The man threw the woman's shoes out in the front yard. Okay, now listen to me. Don't I know you're twenty eight, you ain't that old, But we just don't sound like prostitution to you. A wealthy man sends a limo to pick up a woman as you wait outside to hey done, right after midnight, he pushed her out on the porch and throw they shoes in front of the front yard. This is not what wealthy people do. Now, this man ain't wealthy, because first of all, most wealthy people don't have a porch. I'm just gonna be honest with you. Most of them don't. It just ain't a word. That's a word that dissipates after a certain income level. I just want the porch ain't a word that people you know they have. You know, they have a all port, a cusheti in front of the house. They have a foyer in the house. You know they have things like that. Porch kind of goes away, wants you in a certain category. And then throwing shoes out on the front yard. That's some other stuff rich people don't do. They have people that escort you out. You never see the rich man. You never see the shoes coming out the porch. Somebody will hand you your stuff, try to cheat you, inspect to avoid the lawsuit. That ain't what happened here. She got throwed out the man through the woman shoes in the front yard. My brother said he ran and got the lady's shoes and helped her to the car. When he pushed her. It's hard to walk across that gravel with no shoes on. So your brother had to get her because some gravel in the yard somewhere. She told my brother that the man used her for sex, and she thought he was really interested in being with her.
Speaker 1: One man.
Speaker 2: Hold up, so, bruh, you still don't see prostitution here. You don't see that she told you. She told you that the man used her for sex. She went over there with the idea to have sex. She thought he was really interested in her. When he paid and asked her to leave, she said, no, I want to watch TV and chill. He said, well, you ain't finna chill over here, cause you ain't the chilling tight. Now that's when he pushed out on the porch and the shoes got through. You don't see prostitution on him. I'm just trying to help. Well anyway, Now, if somebody had told me the story the first time I met him, I would try not to date that person. Well, who will we dating? Because she date everybody? She's a date to her. She's in the dating business. So what they call it the date? But it's a paid for sir, But my brother decided to be Captain savor Chick. We know what she really want to say. But anyway, we'll go with Captain savor Chick because this morning radio and now he's dating a woman and taking care of her. Children. She's thirty seven and trifling a l and she steals running the street behind my brother's back. Yes, yes she does, because she's a street runner. That's what people who run the streets do. She a street runner, this prostitution. Both of my older brothers have tried to talk since in to him. We all cringe when he brings her to the family outing because we're so afraid he's gonna try to marry him, because she don't even know what to wear. She ain't got no family out and outfit. She over here with the prostitution dress on. At the barbecue, all the uncles is doing. I like lui Sri rika O. Hear baby, yes you know? And then your uncles say real crude stuff that she don't understand. H shake that monkey, you know, stuff like that that don't really mean nothing except to old people. Oh lord Mercer, I like to crab in that barrel. You know, old people have stuff that you don't make no damn sense. And he thinks he gonna marry because he want a family so badly. Why did he fall so hard for her? And how do we get him to see that they're better choices for him? It's real simple. You and the older brothers got to get down and share the facts with him. The woman you dating is behind your back, still running the streets. The woman you dating you found out was dropping her off for sexual acts and found out that that's all he wanted was a sexual act. He done, threw her out, She trifling, and she behind your back with other people. He needs a fact that right now. Don't let this play yourself out. He need a fact check. You is dating a garden Tooloo.
Speaker 1: All right, leave your comments on today's letter on an Instagram at Steve Harvey f M and check out the Strawberry letter.
Speaker 2: It's all right, It's all right, that's what you're gonna do. But leave it right there.
Speaker 1: Odough on the free iHeartRadio app. Coming up next, we'll have sports talk with Junior right after this.
Speaker 7: You're listening Harvey Morning Show.
Speaker 1: So it's time now for Junior and sports talk. What you got Junior?
Speaker 8: Yeah?
Speaker 10: What is morning?
Speaker 5: I'm gonna do something different with unk because I don't understand this.
Speaker 1: You you you don't really know the price of stuff.
Speaker 5: You really don't know that.
Speaker 4: No, you really don't know.
Speaker 2: I probably if I might.
Speaker 5: Okay, here we go, let me let.
Speaker 2: Me ask you.
Speaker 5: Okay, Sunday, you're gonna watch some NFL football Price of a rack of reebs?
Speaker 2: What do you think that he is? Price of a rack of reels?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 1: And he barbecued, so he should you barbecue?
Speaker 2: You should notice on why why would I have to?
Speaker 1: Somebody's gotta buy him?
Speaker 2: I sent for orac of reels? Eight dollars, boy, you.
Speaker 5: Really don't know, no, how much for a rack rib two?
Speaker 2: That's the same as twelve to me? Junior?
Speaker 3: You know what?
Speaker 2: And that's the exact same amount of money, twenty two to twelve. That's the same, but ten dollars different. What we're talking about reels that you don't.
Speaker 5: Let's go.
Speaker 2: I'm sorry, y'all can get mad at me for sounding this way if you want to what you want to do? Next question? Junior?
Speaker 5: Okay, all right, here we go. He's gonna know, but Tommy, I'm gonna speep.
Speaker 1: My price is right with Steve Harvey?
Speaker 2: And what is it?
Speaker 5: Because a twelve pack of coke?
Speaker 2: What do you think? Twelve pack cocone? A twelve pack of coke? Yeah, you may seven dollars seven.
Speaker 1: Dollars, Junior, you get mad? You can't you can a.
Speaker 2: Dollar can twelve dollars a dollar can.
Speaker 5: Man, it's just nine, it's just nine.
Speaker 8: Let me, let me, let me try one. Okay, try because you wore these back in the day. Let me see if you can make the adjustment. Chuck Taylor's Hot Tops twenty nine ninety five.
Speaker 2: Last time I had first, I bought a chunk dollar Dog's sixty five dollars for some damn chucks. When chunks first came out, they was eight dollars. Man. The last time I bought something, they were twenty nine dollars finished, fifty nine dollars. Dragging ass check tas Okay, and what and what did you wear with them? You WoT some Levi's how much Levi gen Levi jeans was six dollars back then they probably bought eighteen now twenty five dollars fifty seventy nine, fifty seventy nine dollars for what. Levi's a darn shame? What the cowboy? Well, everybody, everybody, well, man, I'm gonna tell y'all right now, y'all is getting ripped off. Dog dog, I'm telling you right now, they see y'all coming, all right, Well, he come the Morning and show people change.
Speaker 1: The price is right with Junior and Steve all right. Coming up at the top of the hour. Was a wife high on medication and hearing things or was her husband on the phone. We'll get into that find out what that's all about right after this.
Speaker 7: You're listening hard Morning Show.
Speaker 1: This is from Carolena Knoxville Steve. Last week, she says, I had dental work done and my husband stayed home with me the rest of the afternoon. I was in a lot of pain. I was on a lot of pain medication. But I faintly heard my husband on the phone with someone and he said, she is knocked out on pain med she can't hear me. I got up and I went to the den and he was eating, but he wasn't on the phone. I told him what I heard, and he said I was hallucinating. Why would he try to make me sound crazy when I clearly heard what I heard?
Speaker 2: Okay, But when you got up and you went in there and he wasn't on the phone. What he just hung up? Should have stayed your hallucinating ass and your wounds on your pain man. Now your pain man got you in here. Choosing your husband or something. He wasn't even on the damn phone.
Speaker 1: He had hung up.
Speaker 2: It was he was eating.
Speaker 1: Oh so you can't eat talk on the phone.
Speaker 3: You can't do that.
Speaker 2: Is that what you're saying? You could? But okay, but check this out. I suppose he was talking to what his boys and did the one of his boys say, hey, man, did you get that PITCHU I sent you?
Speaker 8: Come?
Speaker 10: Man?
Speaker 2: I saw that? Fine? Wooh, she was fine? He said, Man, where you at? I'm at the house. He said, man, need to be careful. No, man, she and that knocked out on pain medicine. Cool. Then you walk in the room. I just heard you say, she and that knocked out on pain medicine. First thing he gonna do? Baby, you hallucinating? Ain't nobody why say that?
Speaker 1: Though he was on the phone with his boy, that's she said. He was on the phone with someone.
Speaker 2: Well, I'm tall, Sam, ain't nobody pain medicine? Did what?
Speaker 8: She was on?
Speaker 2: So much pain medicine. He ain't let her pick up who it was. So now when you come in there and he wasn't on the phone.
Speaker 1: Oh so you can't even on the phone.
Speaker 3: You can't do that?
Speaker 2: Is that what you're saying you could. But okay, but check this out. I suppose he was talking to one of his boys and then one of his boys say, hey, man, you get that picture I sent you? He can, man, I saw that phone. Oh she was fine, he said, Man, where you at. I'm at the house, He said, man, need to be careful. No, man, she and that knocked out on paying medicine. Cool. Then you walk in the room. I just heard you say, she and that knocked out on pain medicine. First thing he gonna do, baby, you ain't nobody Why.
Speaker 1: Say that though he was on the phone with his boy, that's because she said he was on the phone with someone.
Speaker 2: Well tell you something. Ain't nobody pain medicine did what she was on? So much pain medicine. He ain't let her pick up who it was. So now when you come in there, and he wasn't on the phone, and now you come in there with that the reason he said, you're hallucinating this conversation that we haven't right now on this damn radio, I'm gonna that happens.
Speaker 1: He he could easily hang up the phone and.
Speaker 2: Begin eating or all of that's true, But he shows, he shows the more the better option option was.
Speaker 1: July to try to gas like her.
Speaker 5: Yes, ain't nobody on this show been on more pay medicine than me?
Speaker 2: You don't know that. I'm telling you right now. I've had a hundred sick of self crisis.
Speaker 5: I have no payments.
Speaker 1: Nobody knows paying medicine like you know pain.
Speaker 5: Okay, Well, Steve is saying is right. They hallucinate.
Speaker 1: It will make you think that mm hmm.
Speaker 5: He just don't facts.
Speaker 1: The boys stick together.
Speaker 2: Yeah they do, ye, So take your little hallucinating asshole.
Speaker 1: She heard what she heard? Okay, meds are no meds? All right, we have time for another one. This one is from Angie and Richardson. Angie says, I allowed my eighteen year old son to use my credit card while he's away at school, and after only one month, he's maxed out my card buying a subwoofer for his car and some sneakers. His father said, it's my fault for not teaching him how credit works before I gave him my credit card. Our son isn't stupid since his dad is so understanding, Why won't he help me pay the five thousand dollars bill? Why is her son not being punished Taylor.
Speaker 2: But see you gave him your credit card. You didn't tell him how this works. Your son is not stupid, Yes they are. Your children are stupid to a lot of things until they are exposed to it. See that bill don't come to him, so he's unaware of the repercussions. Why does his asss have a car? First year of college and you gave him your credit card? Why are his ass working? So you enabled the boy. And now you're talking about Wayne he punished, And why won't your husband help you pay the five thousand dollar bill. I don't know what system y'all got at y'all house, but you need to get that credit card from that dumb ass boy. Yours all that stuff? Wow?
Speaker 1: All that?
Speaker 2: Yeah, you go to yourself. You can you can keep the wolfle, but you don't get no more sub All.
Speaker 1: Right, Coming up in twenty minutes after the hour, we'll have more of the Steve Harvey Morning Show. Right after this.
Speaker 7: You're listening Harvey Morning Show. All right?
Speaker 1: So did you guys catch the season premiere of Tyler Perry's The Oval? It was on last night? Did you guys see it? The first episode is called Turning tables and that's all I have to say. The title says it all. We don't want to spoil it for you, but if you guys haven't seen it, this episode started out bringing the drama. It set the tone for the brand new season. There's a new first family in the White House and this season the safety of the president's family and the staff are threatened. There are a lot of twists. There are a lot of turns in this one, so it's going to be good. The cast is outstanding too. Season five of Tyler Perry's The Oval is on Tuesday nights at nine eastern eighth Central on b e T or you can watch full episodes on beet dot com TP nice. Yeah, so The Oval is bat Boy trauma on no Show.
Speaker 7: He's in five too.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's moving right alongely. Yeah, it's good. Tyler does this thing.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Kinla does his thing. Man, my head off to that brother. Man. He takes me, he does his thing, he gives back to Oh my god.
Speaker 7: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean he's there.
Speaker 8: In the time of need with somebody going through you know, he's he's just like he's a good dude.
Speaker 1: You look up and Tyler's lending them his private jet, or you know, making a donation to their cause. You know, I mean just you don't even know about it, but you hear about it after it's done, and you know, I just love Tyler for that. All right, thank you guys. Coming up at thirty three minutes after the hour, of course, we'll do a round would you rather? Right after this you're listening.
Speaker 7: Morning show?
Speaker 1: It is time now for a round of would you rather? Would you rather a grilled cheese sandwich or a fry baloney sandwich? Which one grilled cheese.
Speaker 2: Or grilled cheese? That's something about that grilled cheese. Hmm scream from from a child to a man. He is still the same everything I think? Am I going in here and have one now?
Speaker 4: All right?
Speaker 1: Would you rather be cross eyed? Or knock need?
Speaker 2: Knock need? Knocked me?
Speaker 8: I got to see straight. I got you, I got you if I if I don't see straight, I'm gonna be walking knock need.
Speaker 2: I'm telling you that I'm going like Puffy, you know, mus a soul child. I'm gonn giving me some class. I'm not shouldn't be walking with them corduroy pass home catching fut I'm gonna get up with James. I'm gonna get you some glasses and turn my head sideways on all my interviews.
Speaker 1: Shocking. All right, would you rather change one thing about yourself or change one thing about your wife?
Speaker 8: Care?
Speaker 2: Yeah? Hell, I'm personal, I'm good, I'm good. I've heard. I won't change the damn things about me.
Speaker 5: I'm not going there sitting up about my wife was wrong.
Speaker 2: I'm just telling you right now, I'm going up on eighteen years. I could just get her to be quiet. Let's just do this. If I'm quiet, you be quiet. No follow the leader.
Speaker 1: I want to talk you listen. That's all I could do that.
Speaker 2: A matter of fact. After the third time out of block? Well out anyway?
Speaker 1: All right? Would you rather be the wealthiest person in the room or would you rather be the most respected person in the.
Speaker 2: Respect? Wealth, respect, respect of.
Speaker 1: Your well, you're gonna put some respect on this.
Speaker 2: Well, I buy your respect. I don't give a damn how you feel about all right?
Speaker 1: Would you rather your exis say you're the best or would you rather your extis say you're the biggest?
Speaker 2: I don't do it? Damn? Why we over here to ask what.
Speaker 1: We pushed the button? Didn't we best, you push your turn it on, you kept it on, best of the biggest.
Speaker 2: The best or the biggest, whichever one I was, it wasn't good enough to keep us together. The Yeah, what I care? I'll give a damn if I was the best or the biggest.
Speaker 1: Oval that's today's round him. Would you rather.
Speaker 3: So?
Speaker 2: Whatever?
Speaker 1: All right, coming up is our last break of the day. We'll have some closing remarks and close out the show with the one and only Steve Harvey right after this.
Speaker 7: You're listening Harvey Morning Show.
Speaker 1: All right, guys, here we are, last break of the day. It's been a good Wednesday. Huh. Been a good day?
Speaker 2: Yeah, been a good day.
Speaker 1: Yeah, what are you saying like that? Because you know what, I'm just surprised.
Speaker 5: Don't even know the price of reckless stuff.
Speaker 1: He just don't know because he's rich, just rich people, baby.
Speaker 2: It's rich. Well let me see, well, let me say that. Well you've heard Biggie said, more money, more problems. Yeah, it comes with a slew of things that I had no idea came with it, and it's just it allows us all to take a like remembering stuff, but it also allows people to dream. So I mean it's okay that I don't know people talking about how to hear you don't know the price of loaf of bread, because I ain't been in no store to buy none. So at whatever price is that moved up to? Like I made the comment earlier in the show, we were talking about Chuck Taylor's, and I said, the last time I bought Chuck Taylor's, there were twelve dollars. And then then somebody said twenty two. I said, well, twenty two and twelve is the same thing for me. For the average person that may not be, but for me, twenty two dollars and twelve dollars it's the same thing. It's a ten dollars difference, and that ain't where I'm at. So the ten dollars is you.
Speaker 5: Know, okay, a movie ticket up? How many you think a movie ticket is?
Speaker 2: Yeah? Ten dollars?
Speaker 1: How much?
Speaker 2: That's thirteen dollars, that's okay, that's right about You're right you doing that. That's because it depends on those I mean, because I had to time, and what time you go up do what m I had made out a theater and pay for all the city. And that's how your rich ass found out.
Speaker 3: You knew what you do.
Speaker 1: That was too easy for him. Then your nephew, you knew it.
Speaker 2: When I was I bought like several movie theaters out. I sent a lot of kids to see Black Panther. I said, three hundred kids to see Black Panther. That's how you So I had to read out a lot of movie theaters. That's how. Okay, here go on, here go two weeks from now.
Speaker 8: You want to leave Atlanta and go to l A deal the airline, Okay, that's the oh, the airline. Okay, we're on the airli. So now I'm gonna give you two shots. What you think coach is brown trip? What's first class?
Speaker 2: Round trip? First class probably like two thousand and and co which is probably like eight hundred mm hmm.
Speaker 8: Okay, first class is twenty five hundred and coaches full sixty.
Speaker 1: I was gonna say, coach thousand minute?
Speaker 8: You mad?
Speaker 2: I did that? He to double the call.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but that's my right though.
Speaker 2: Sometimes now that's two weeks out. I was saying, come on, come on, y'all, anybody else, anybody come on, okay, all right?
Speaker 5: Hotel room, oh Friday Sunday, Marriott Hotel.
Speaker 2: Just a regular room. What do you take that is Marriott? Yeah, well you been in there regularly, regularly?
Speaker 1: Yeah, open the hotel room a king, Yes, regular.
Speaker 2: Week Yeah, you're right, sure, regular room. Can I tell you something? Can tell you the last time I been in a room like that? Remember that time we went to Birmingham and I called all y'all because I was so confused. You did That's so, he said, sir, You're in the largest junior executive suite we had. You got to be kids. I could see everything from my bed. I could see my clothes, I can turn TV on my big toe. Why why am I in this room? I could touch the couch. The couch was next to the bed. I could flush the toilet with my other foot. So a regular room at Marryotte, regular room three days. That's gotta be about about nine hundred.
Speaker 12: For No anybody's spending that kind of money, no, sir. At the marry Out, Yes, sir, it's on the weekend. This ain't doing the week. It's on the weekend.
Speaker 2: On the weekend, they cheap is cheaper than during the week. You don't know that. I don't know that.
Speaker 1: You don't even know that.
Speaker 2: Dog the sweet at the full season. I don't give damn what day you going? Oh god, how.
Speaker 5: It's one fifteen to night.
Speaker 3: That's it.
Speaker 2: Well, let me just tell you this. It depends because the last time the rich Carlton in New York, the Presidential suite they went down is nineteen thousand a night, the Presidential Suite fifty seventh. Yeah, that's about twenty three. Don't tell them. Don't tell me, man, I'm just telling you what it costs. Now, you get to a governors suite and you can get that for like sixteen governess. We ain't never even seen these kind of rooms.
Speaker 7: But remember his suite in Paris? Remember that?
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, yeah, it was like he was at home or something.
Speaker 2: Yeah, a house.
Speaker 8: Tomorrow tomorrow, MA asks you what a riddal car called for a nature because you ain't gonna know that either.
Speaker 2: Hey, y'all, y'all have a great day tomorrow. Tomorrow we're gonna find out what else my stupid ass don't know on this show. Y'all stay tuned. I'm enjoying this right here. I'm out of touch. I'm gonna have to give me a blue book or something. Y'all have a great day. Talk to God because y'all show don't want to talk to me?
Speaker 1: For all Steve Harvey contacts. No purchase necessary void We're prohibited. Depends must be legal US residents at least eighteen years old, unless otherwise stated. For complete contest rules, visit STEVEHARVEYFM dot com. You're listening to the Steve Harvey Morning Show.