Speaker 1: The Around the NFL podcast, poddwn please rise.
Speaker 2: This initial meeting of the Around the NFL Fork Committee will now come to order. Please reply present for role call Dan Hans's President, Pauline Wolf, Greg Rosenthal. I guess, sir, please be seated as we turn the floor over to the honorable chairperson All Susser.
Speaker 1: Thank god you can die.
Speaker 3: By the way, Uh, we have a quorum here.
Speaker 1: Are there any corrections to the roll call? Sir? Yeah?
Speaker 4: Well, I mean it's I am also hero or I can leave happy to do so.
Speaker 1: But I thought I came here with a purpose to sess do dog sesstag sess dog.
Speaker 4: That's fine, but that's just you know, the the level of disrespect is outrageous.
Speaker 1: Present there we go. All right, let's get to it.
Speaker 3: I call this meeting to order as a chairperson of Around the NFL Fork Committee.
Speaker 1: Uh, the old zuzzar.
Speaker 3: This is the initial Around the NFL Fork Committee voting. We will, as we do every year, open up the floor to all present, including you, Mark to nominate someone to nominate various teams that and this is very important.
Speaker 1: I want to make this very clear to the floor.
Speaker 3: Teams that aren't mathematically eliminated from the postseason. However, we have deemed as a group to have no opportunity, no chance to make the postseason. Are there any questions before we get into the proceedings?
Speaker 1: No questions here?
Speaker 5: Fourth, your honor, is that what we're doing?
Speaker 1: Is it? I don't think so. Chairperson, Okay, caair person works the lay person. You're a civilian. All right.
Speaker 3: First, we'll now move on to unfinished business at the last meeting. As we check the minutes, Miss Wolf, I believe you had sought of reverse the findings and the results of the Week six matchup between the New York Jets and the Philadelphia Eagles.
Speaker 1: Do you wish to carry on that submission? I table it.
Speaker 6: Well, I guess we could table it for now, but I still have a lot of problems. I got a lot of problems with that game.
Speaker 3: All right, we will table that. How about one more from Miss Wolf to change the term home runs to schwar bombs.
Speaker 6: Yes, please, I love that.
Speaker 3: Would like to carry that motion. Say yay yay, yay yea. Why go fills.
Speaker 7: Gotta chick thumbs down, Gotta get chick that sweatshirt on the YouTube.
Speaker 3: The meeting is now open for new business has been moved and second into that. Is there any further discussion before we get into today's business?
Speaker 1: One question?
Speaker 4: If we Forkeuld to success, we still report on them? Do we have to pay any attention to them or watch any of their contents?
Speaker 7: I defer to mister Rosenthal. We're all professionals here. We've got thirty two teams to cover lately a little also, we're almost always wrong about one of the teams, and there's no way to know which one.
Speaker 1: That is ahead of time.
Speaker 5: How do you pay for that?
Speaker 1: Yeah? By paying a charity. Jacksonville got hooked up last year. Excuse me, a big funk behind the glass?
Speaker 3: Is there something I could use as some type of gabble, even if we don't have one physically in hand? Is there something back there that would be helpful for today's proceedings?
Speaker 1: All right, well we do that.
Speaker 3: I now open the floor to miss Wolf with the first fork recommendation.
Speaker 6: Oh okay, great, mister chair person, mister chair person, okay.
Speaker 1: Is yours?
Speaker 7: Thank you?
Speaker 5: Thank you?
Speaker 6: Well, gentlemen, ladies, everyone here, I propose to fork not just one team, but an entire division.
Speaker 7: Well that's okay, man. We will have de quorum here on the floor.
Speaker 6: The NFC South must go.
Speaker 1: Okay, order order.
Speaker 3: This is a big swing by Miss Wolf open today's proceeding.
Speaker 7: Definitely, someone who's never been involved with the Fork Committee, I just want to bring up, thank you very much, Am, how would you answer to the charge the fact that one of these teams will make the playoffs by NFL rule.
Speaker 6: I don't think that that rule should exist any longer, and I would like that to be changed as well.
Speaker 3: All in favor storny of Miss wolves recommendation. So yay, all opposed?
Speaker 1: Nay nay, nay, nay.
Speaker 7: Nic I mean, I mean we've got three teams that are three and three. We've got two teams, the Saints and the Bucks, that are better than average and not saying they're.
Speaker 6: Great, better one and three and they one against a winless Panthers team and a tragic Titans team by one point.
Speaker 7: Well you let it finish by state order.
Speaker 3: Ah ow the stapler could injure.
Speaker 7: Me potentially just all I was gonna say, better than average by DVOA. This is a way to take the emotions out of it. They're ranked thirteenth and fifteen. Nothing too exciting, but teams to eliminate after six weeks.
Speaker 1: I don't believe in that. I don't believe in that at all.
Speaker 4: There is FOURK content in this division, there's no question about that. But all you're really doing is setting up that you personally would need to provide a charity to one of these other cities that wins the division. Greg gave twenty thousand dollars to the city of Jacksonville, so I hope you'd be willing to match that or do more generous.
Speaker 1: True.
Speaker 5: Absolutely, I'm ready. I'm ready for that.
Speaker 4: All the children that Greg helped in Jacksonville or in the realm around Jacksonville, they will never forget Greg.
Speaker 3: I believe, miss Wolfe, what you might be hitting on here is something that I know, Mark, you've talked about on the show before, growing tiresome at mister Ceciler, excuse me, growing tiresome tired with teams that have no real chance to be actual Super Bowl contender. So what's the point. However, that is not what today's proceedings is about. These proceedings are about who are teams that this as we enter week seven, already in our minds have no chance of making the postseason so I'll not turn over the floor to mister Rosenthal to.
Speaker 7: The Panthers here because I am a little worried. We've got a handful of teams that are that are just obvious. I don't know about that the other teams, because there's a lot of these three and three teams like the Falcons, who to me are very disappointing. Uh, the Saints, who I don't believe will go anywhere ultimately, but because it's the NFL, they'll find their way to get to eight and nine wins. And then we have some obvious teams that are done. And one of those teams is the only winless team in the NFL. It's the Carolina Panthers.
Speaker 3: All in favor of forking the Carolina Panthers at oh and six, say ya yay, all opposed?
Speaker 1: All right, we carry that motion. The Panthers have been ford.
Speaker 7: Let's let's take at four. Can thank you Dave? Damage that was perfect? You know, this is an exciting time as someone who drafted the Panthers under seven and a half wins as his first round draft pickers.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's all the.
Speaker 7: WHOLESO is branding, Uh, Frank Raich, this and the show frank Reich gave up offensive play calling this week, so maybe Thomas Brown, who came from the Rams, can help turn things around, because it was a sad way to go out for Frank Reik last week, as as I like.
Speaker 4: I have been hard on Frank Reich, and I at this point, like I have no problem with the fact that that's occurred, because like, why did you hire Frank Reig? I mean for multiple reasons, Like I organizationally, I get it, he's like the offensive version of Ron Rivera.
Speaker 1: That's fine, but like, uh, you're not calling plays? What what are you? What are you doing? What's going on here?
Speaker 4: You're you seated that gift of yours that's why you were hired. And it's not even Halloween.
Speaker 6: Do we really believe in any of the skill position players though that they have?
Speaker 1: No, they're in a hardcore rebuild And.
Speaker 5: No, this is it's not all on Frank REI No, I don't.
Speaker 1: I don't think so.
Speaker 7: And this was a big story relatively for you know, for any panther story that he gave up his play calling, but he actually had telegraphed this audibly throughout the season to his players and even before the season that at some point he's probably gonna hand it over to Thomas Brown, who's kind of a young, up and coming coach. So they got to mix up something. And and by the way, Bryce Young coming off his best game.
Speaker 3: And you're owing sex. You're the head coach, and he probably wants to have him. This is very this is coach speak, but a more global presence. So he's trying to mix things up. I wouldn't read into it too much other than he's a coach that knows the ship is sinking.
Speaker 7: And made him do it just like her Young.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I don't know about that. I don't know if the owner told him he how to give up play calling, but who knows. You're actually we talked about what he said in those meetings.
Speaker 1: During our live show.
Speaker 4: We hoisted up Frank Reich in this whole situation as a bit of a flash that's potential flash point. There you go, and days later he's not going by we you mean you me? But I don't need to brand myself the whole show.
Speaker 1: I get that's what it's all about.
Speaker 7: According it's just what are we even talking about here?
Speaker 1: All right?
Speaker 5: Chairman?
Speaker 1: Yes?
Speaker 6: I just can I just fork one team? Then since my my opportunity was taken away.
Speaker 3: Next ye wait, excuse me, sir Wos, Sir, you're gonna have to wait, miss Wold, after your outburst to start the proceedings.
Speaker 1: We're gonna go over to mister cecil.
Speaker 5: You have no patience.
Speaker 1: Go ahead, mister Seler.
Speaker 3: The floor's rs and again, apologies for the attendance role call earlier.
Speaker 1: That was an unfortunate oversight. I totally believe you. Thank you.
Speaker 4: Out on the horizon. Cut cut that as the drop out on the horizon, I see a jumbled apocalypse unfolding. It's delicious. I'm enjoying it more and more with every day.
Speaker 8: Uh.
Speaker 4: Not only would you put one fork into this mess, you could put every fork found in New England. Because they don't need to eat anymore. They've been eating for twenty plus years. No more dinner, org lunches, no more snacks, no more midnight snacks, no alcohol, no tobacco. Put them in a coffin. The Patriots under Bill Belichick are a total disaster. It is unbelievable to watch that this is the team that Bill Belichick built and is now currently losing complete gripover Keep hiring your friends keep bringing the old players back onto the roster.
Speaker 1: This is not a rebuild. This is a This is a checulator in about four or five years.
Speaker 3: All right, all in favor of forking the new England Patriots, say yay, yay, favor say nay.
Speaker 1: Okay.
Speaker 3: That carries it the Patriots for the first time, I would imagine ever in this section, you guys have been forked. And a reminder stick out for a reminder that this must be unanimous to fork a team.
Speaker 7: All right, this is an early meeting of the case. By the way, yes it is this will the floor is yours.
Speaker 1: Okay.
Speaker 6: If I can't fork an entire division, then let me fork the Falcons.
Speaker 5: The Falcons right now?
Speaker 9: What's going on, ma'am? Have you been taking some type of mind explained away speak?
Speaker 7: Let the moment speak?
Speaker 6: Wait?
Speaker 7: Why wait, let's hear it.
Speaker 1: Let's hear it.
Speaker 6: Work the Panthers, right, yeah, yes, okay, So why can't we fork the.
Speaker 1: You couldn't in theory, you could pick you're I could pick any team I.
Speaker 6: Don't believe in their quarterback. He refuses to throw downfield. Their head coach refuses to get the ball to their basketball players that they spent top eight picks on top ten picks on they have a thirtieth scoring offense right now with players like Bijon Robinson, Drake London, Kyle Pitts. It's inexcusable. They're not going anywhere.
Speaker 5: I don't believe in them.
Speaker 1: Okay, now, thank you, miss Wolf.
Speaker 3: My issue is there a half game at a first place, they played a bad division, and there are, like you said, places pieces in place there. I believe, whether I want to see him or not hanging around because they frustrate me in the same way you're frustrated. They will be playing relevant December football. And if a team in my mind is playing relevant December football, I am not forking them on October eighteenth.
Speaker 4: So your pecking order, we at least know that the Panthers you agreed to fork them, and the next would be that you dislike are obviously the Falcons.
Speaker 1: Yes.
Speaker 4: My problem is if you're going to fork an entire division in your in your theory like, it sort of suggests that any one of them could bubble up and win the division. And I actually trust the I don't trust the Falcons globally at all, but I trust them more than the than the Tampa Bay Buccaneers. I'd probably put the Saints is the number one team in that division, but I don't trust their offense at any level. It's like the Falcons win weird games.
Speaker 1: They're just weird. They could win eight games and win this division.
Speaker 4: So it feels perilous to like assume that any one of these four tis well, any one of these three teams outside of the Panthers are all automatically gone.
Speaker 1: In favor of forking the Atlanta Falcons.
Speaker 6: Say yay, yay, come on over, join me. Hey, it's a party over.
Speaker 1: They have been the worst of those three.
Speaker 6: Taylor he is replaces Desmond my health, That's what I mean. Like maybe maybe then I changed you will.
Speaker 7: For what it's worth, Like Drake London and Kyle Pitts have had the best two game stretch they've ever had together the last two weeks. It's not leading to wins. This is a bad team. They're twenty six in DVA. They're well, they look like a bad team, but this is a bad division. It's a long season.
Speaker 1: We're not giving up on them. That game on Sunday was a tough watch.
Speaker 3: Rut or down the stretch there all right, let me nominate one as chairperson, the Denver Broncos.
Speaker 1: They are one in five.
Speaker 3: They have one of the worst historical defeats in the history of the sport. They have coming up Packers, Chiefs, Bills, Vikings, Browns. I see no path back to playoff relevance for the Denver Broncos, and for that reason, I nominate the Denver Broncos for.
Speaker 1: The fork all in favor, say yay, yay, that carries it. Broncos out. Let's take out four. All right, that's three.
Speaker 7: I mean, the AFC is so deep that I feel more comfortable than ever forking teams this early. Although we've gotten rid of the two, the two obvious ones, there's a lot of teams to try to.
Speaker 1: Pass in the AFC. All right, mister Rosenthal, Let's go to East.
Speaker 7: Rutherford, where I'm gonna bring up another team that I drafted the under in in the over under draft, the New York Football. Such a crippy enough Giants one in five. The rain's coming down on over under. You know, No, they're not getting to seven and a half. I don't think they're getting to six. They could improve at at points in the season, but there is no route through to these NFC players. But I think the seventh seed the bar is a little lower than the AFC, so it's I think a little trickier to fork teams in the NFC. But the Giants are too lackluster on both of their lines.
Speaker 3: They're gonna all all in favor of forking the New York Giants say yay, yay ya ya.
Speaker 4: All yay, nay nay, you're not doing it. No, see a pathway back in a bad NFC.
Speaker 1: I think I saw a lot in Buffalo.
Speaker 3: I saw a team that bottomed out with some tough opponents on their schedule. I saw a team that had a really good twenty twenty two season, and that's of course ancient history. But I don't think it's impossible that this team could crawl out of this hole and be maybe in the mix and near five hundred in December. I'm not saying it's definitely gonna happen, but we got Commanders, Jets at Raiders at Cowboys at Commanders versus Patriots the next five weeks. I understand they need to win at least three of those games, and while it's unlikely, I just.
Speaker 7: I don't three they gotta win five.
Speaker 3: They're one and five, right they listen, I'm saying they have to they have to at least win three of those games to even be in the realm of possibility.
Speaker 1: Is it likely? No, But I'm just not ready to go there yet.
Speaker 4: And there are multiple occasions when we do this exercise, at least the first time through every year, where someone like you saves us from all being wrong about someone feels like a long shot, But I'm with you, like we were all a little bit mentally shot on Sunday night or Monday, Yes, Sunday night when we watched that Giants Bills game at like three in the morning in London.
Speaker 1: But they looked like it there.
Speaker 7: It doesn't matter. There's been outscored by ninety six points. Every every game has a good week, and if you're gonna have a good week, you better win that week.
Speaker 3: Their next three, their next three quarterbacks are Sam Howel, Zach Wilson, and Brian Hoyer.
Speaker 1: Better be a Donnell.
Speaker 7: You know it probably would be Jimmy g based on the injury against the Cardinals.
Speaker 3: Yes, I understand that it was pretty brutal early schedule. Cowboys at the height of their Week one Powers at San Francisco Seahawks Dolphins.
Speaker 1: They weren't competitive. I know it's for one.
Speaker 3: That's a bad schedule, though, I'm just saying that they were exposed by the best teams in the league, and now they're gonna start playing some of the teams that are in the tier below.
Speaker 7: And I'm just saying, if they got to seven and ten, you know, they'd have to go six and five the rest of the way. I mean, I would love to put a sandwich on them not going six and five of the rest of the way, I don't. And that only gets up seven and well, that only gets up to seven and ten, which is not you know, which is forkable? Seven and ten?
Speaker 1: You forked, all right? Uh, mister Sessler, forked, is what I said.
Speaker 4: All Right, Well, I want to I'm gonna go somewhere a little spicier.
Speaker 1: I think. Okay, we saw this team in person.
Speaker 4: You know, when you're up close, you see things you don't see if you're watching on television. Pounded with a bunch of Burger king ads are totally tedious. Uh, the Titans check you later. I mean, I don't care if Ryan Tannehill is in there or not. I think the Titans do a number of things well. They're not consistently doing them well, though, and they disappear for games at a time.
Speaker 1: Derreck Henry still has these moments.
Speaker 4: I like Mike Rabel a lot and feel like they're not gonna not like they're not gonna miss the playoffs.
Speaker 1: That's the point here. They're not making the playoffs. Do I think they can go be a little bit of a berserker.
Speaker 4: Maybe so, but especially if Ryan Tannhel's out for a significant amount of time. Malik Willis looks completely lost to me. I think will Lews will be in there soon enough. I think the coaching staff did not buy in on Malik Willis a year ago when they went and got Josh Dobbs, you know, a Fortnite before they were in playoff action. It's like Malik Willis to me, and we saw this in person, just like he looks like. And I think Zach Wilson has played much better in the last couple of weeks. But when you got the bad version of Zach Wilson and he's scrambling around, he's not seeing the field, he's getting kills. Just the young quarterback that's not ready to be in there, and Milik Willis I think he's mobile, he's athletic, but that's that's only half the battle.
Speaker 1: And I think they're a sitting duck. Upcoming schedule. They are two and four.
Speaker 3: That puts them, I believe, two games out in their division home against Falcons. They have a bye week, by the way, with Ryan Tannell injured with the ankle, it could be an injury that lingers beyond the bye, but they are on their by home Falcons at Pittsburgh, at Tampa Bay at Jacksonville home Panthers next five weeks. All in favor of forking the Tennessee Titans say, yay, yay, all opposed nay nay, Hey you didn't vote your own Oh yeah, I mean I know, Greg. I think we're on the same page. Most likely that the division is still a little bit wonky, that there's a pedigree here, that the schedule's not overwhelming, and the idea is not that the Titans are some hot shot team, but more that are they a team that will find a way to maybe survive these next few weeks and still be hanging around by the time we get to.
Speaker 7: Decemb Yeah, it's too bold. I believe in the organization, just finding a way when you least expect it. I hear you on Malik Willis. Most of those sacks, the pressure, someone did a stat on it came in less than two and a half seconds. He was you know, the only quarterback that struggled more on Sunday was Ryan Tannehill. So that was a disaster for the Titans. But I could just see them like Atlanta, Pittsburgh, Tampa, Carolina, you got the Colts, you got the division. Just I don't know, I can just see them being annoyingly in the mix in like week sixty.
Speaker 1: All right, Ms wolf I Flora's your.
Speaker 6: I'm really really really sorry about this, Chicago, but I know what's coming. Yeah, it's it was great when they beat the Commanders. Everything seemed like was positive looking up for at least like a moment in time. But you know, now Justin Fields, his thumb is a disaster. He's doubtful for Sunday. It's just you know, Tyler Tyler Bajin came in and actually kind of looked pretty decent in that game that they lost. But it's just you gotta you gotta go. They lost to the Packers, the Bucks, the Broncos. That's really bad.
Speaker 1: All right?
Speaker 3: All in favor of forking the Chicago Bears at one in five. I don't even know if I need to tell you the next five weeks, but.
Speaker 1: I will anyway.
Speaker 3: Home Raiders at Chargers at Saints home, Panthers at Detroit.
Speaker 1: All in favor, say I I I a.
Speaker 7: Yay. Point of order? Point of order?
Speaker 1: Yes, sir?
Speaker 7: Why did you? Why did you change from me? I forgot you have immense power and you used Yes, my apologies to the court.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and I never seek to disrespect the court, and I did there and I apologize all post.
Speaker 1: All right, Chicago Bears. That's four. All right, this one. I have a feeling there's.
Speaker 3: Gonna be some pushback on this one from one member of the committee. But this team is one in five. This team may be outperforming preseason expectations, but they are still not a overly competitive bunch in the second half of games. The last three weeks, they have lost five of six games. They are in a division with really three potential playoff teams. They are the Arizona Cardinals. Their next five opponents at Seattle home, Ravens at Cleveland Home, Falcons at Texans home Rams.
Speaker 1: That's the next five opponents.
Speaker 3: I believe this team there's no chance of making the playoffs, so I nominate the Arizona Cardinals.
Speaker 1: All in favor of forking the Cards, y yay, yay.
Speaker 4: Can offer one counterpoint, Well, they've opened the practice window for Kyler Murray and he should be back.
Speaker 1: All in favor, all opposed. I have one, like one request, all right, the Florida thank you.
Speaker 3: I will you like to suspend the vote temporarily, That's what I would like to do.
Speaker 4: But I'm willing to go along with you because I think, like the fact that the Rams are way better than people thought Seattle Seattle, and the Niner, like, you're not getting out of your own division without being essentially fourth place.
Speaker 1: So I'd logically agree with you.
Speaker 4: But I want to pick the organization that if they make, if they don't, if they make the playoffs, in a weird world, I would pick the organization that you must give twenty thousand dollars to sure.
Speaker 1: I feel fine with that.
Speaker 3: All in favor of forking the Arizona Cardinals, say, I yay whatever, y hey iya, all right, the Cardinal.
Speaker 7: Right, let's stick out four.
Speaker 3: All right, mister Rosenthal, as we wind down proceedings, is there any other teams that you seek to nominate?
Speaker 1: No, mister Sessler, I really want to.
Speaker 4: I really want to say to the Minnesota Vikings, I don't believe you're going to the playoffs on any level of my human body.
Speaker 1: So I wouldn't. I know it's it's not going through.
Speaker 4: I'd understand how this exercise works, but I want to say right now that I nominate them. The Minnesota Vikings don't believe it, don't buy into it, don't want.
Speaker 1: To see it.
Speaker 3: All right, all in favor of forking the Minnesota Vikings say yay, All opposed nay, Try.
Speaker 1: To push that legislation through.
Speaker 7: I mean, they are about to lose to the forty nine ers and they do not. The forty nine ers are going to stop out and they don't have It is concerning, But to me, they're slightly better than they were a year ago. You know, on balance, if Justin Jefferson is on the field and so can the luck that they're not getting this year completely flip and they go on a run to get to nine wins, which has them playing meaningful games.
Speaker 6: We get Team I think well, they have the Broncos still on the schedule. They have the Bears, they have the Falcons, they have the whole South.
Speaker 3: Yeah, all right, the next five opponents for the Vikings home Niners at Green Bay, at Atlanta Home New Orleans at Denver Home Bears.
Speaker 1: That's the pretty it'll win two of us.
Speaker 7: That's a good that's an easy schedule other than the forty nine ers.
Speaker 1: All right? Is a wolf any teams to nominate on your behalf?
Speaker 6: No?
Speaker 5: I think that's it.
Speaker 1: All right. Well, then, if there.
Speaker 3: Is no other business, we can adjourn this meeting of the four Committee, and may I have the eulogy theme please, as is our custom once we reach so much more organized than a years past.
Speaker 1: Now you're welcome.
Speaker 10: Come on the Carolina Punters, the New England Patrols, Dianver, Broncos, Gackle Bears, Arizona mccordy. You have no chance of making them twenty twenty three, twenty four NFL posts.
Speaker 6: But keep listening to the show, please, batchees of an Asheran very much.
Speaker 3: All right, we'll be right back with some news and Week seven previews. All right, welcome back. Business is taken care of, and now we'll hit the rest of the show, starting with some news.
Speaker 8: French champagne as celebrated for a fresh, fresh champagne.
Speaker 4: Can I tell you something. I talked to someone who has been convinced for half a decade that that is Wes or was Wes, and I was like, No, that's actually Orson Wells from a drunken champagne commercial that took about twenty five tikes.
Speaker 3: Right, please seek it out and shout out to Place Bowing on YouTube for that fantastic remix.
Speaker 1: It was really good.
Speaker 3: By the way, that song that's just getting warmed up. There's some wild stuff going on in that remix.
Speaker 4: Well, having seen a clip, I'm not surprised there's a He's with a couple who look like by.
Speaker 1: The end of it, they look, oh you got it.
Speaker 3: They're in a shell, a shell them for themselves. All right, let's get to it, starting with Hamana Hamona, Anthony Richardson, Ah, what a bumbertimes. I feel like I cursed them, man. I was so excited about this young first round pick his ability to change. Once upon a time, as Wes himself often said, Peyton Manning was credited with changing the skyline of Indianapolis. I thought Anthony Richardson could change his Cults franchise as soon as this year, but it looks like we're gonna have to wait because that shoulder injury he suffered in week five is serious enough that it appears now or it's official that he is going to undergo a procedure most likely and his season is over. Here is Jane steichen Coults, head coach on his rookie Pheno'll.
Speaker 11: Start off just confirming that Anthony will have season any shoulder surgery tough.
Speaker 1: Shoulder surgery is tough process and.
Speaker 11: Talking all the doctors, getting as much information as we could. This is the best thing for him in this franchise moving forward, so we can get them healthy for next season. You take a guy fourth overall, tremendous competitor, great player, The longevity of him needs to be at a premium. So this is the best thing for him moving forward.
Speaker 3: It stinks, it sucks, and I think, you know, hopefully he gets right and more hope on the idea mark that this was just a starcross rookie campaign and not the start or a harbinger of things to come for Richardson, who yes, he suffered that injury in his last appearance of the season, but he was hurt routinely in the other weeks as well, So it was just a really frustrating campaign over four weeks.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it was sort of dotted all over the body.
Speaker 4: They lost him at the end of the opener with a left knee injury, got a concussion. I don't think that's you know, that's sort of separate from other type injuries in my book, but that side lent him for a week plus.
Speaker 1: Well, he took a lick on a scramble for well, So that's the thing. It's the nature of his game.
Speaker 4: That's like, these things are happening because of what he's able to do and why he's special.
Speaker 1: And then the shoulder injury.
Speaker 4: It's it's the thing I still like, if you're a Colts fan, like it sucks this year because I think there was another parallel universe where like they became like the team of atl because of Richardson and because they're they're.
Speaker 1: Spicy, and because of Shane Steichen.
Speaker 4: And like, yeah, I know, and you picked him as you're like you you sort of were lobbying for him as a maybe a better or better chance to win Offensive Rookie of the Year than.
Speaker 1: C. J. Stroud.
Speaker 4: In the end, I thought, if I'm a Colts fan, though, it's like the special things that you saw, Yes, it's deferred until next season. You still have him, and like it's like I think he was already showing that he could pass the ball, Like, yes, he's his completion percentage was a little wonky, but it's like that's the one thing you can improve as a pro quarterback going from year one to two to three. And I think there's just so much hope with what he can do and what he showed that ride out this.
Speaker 1: Year with Gardner Minshew. I don't like him throwing fifty five passes last week. I know as part of the game.
Speaker 4: I don't like Jonathan Taylor running for nineteen yards off eight carries.
Speaker 1: That's not delightful. But there is real hope because you have this quarterback for the next three plus years.
Speaker 7: Yeah, his skill set throwing the ball, I think was further ahead than anyone expected. Maybe maybe we shouldn't have been because he was surrounded by such slop at Florida. He's only a twenty one year old kid, and he's got such great pocket movement, movement in the pocket, buying time to throw the ball, keeping his eyes down field, like moving between progressions. Like he's a real deal quarterback with extraordinary rushing ability.
Speaker 1: You just have to worry about his.
Speaker 7: Durability because each one, like the concussion seems was kind of a strange one, Like he got hit late in that play where he let up.
Speaker 1: I mean, it wasn't like a hard hit. The shoulder.
Speaker 7: Injuries obviously concerning, but he's only going to be twenty two years old next year, and I think if you're a Colts fan, you feel better about their long you know, long term future than you have since Andrew Luck retired. And yet you have to waste you know, the next twelve weeks or convinced yourself that this could be fun. And maybe it'll be fun if they win eight games with Gardner Minsch, but it's kind of a they're kind.
Speaker 6: Of wasted, and maybe they learned something from Andrew Luck and that's why they're just going ahead and shutting him down.
Speaker 1: That's a good point, preserving him for like the oh yeah, yeah, I know we look alike, though I don't think so.
Speaker 6: But those like six quarters that he played in, like he definitely showed some promise, especially in that overtime loss to the Rams, like that was a really good game. He did not look like a player who only started a handful of games.
Speaker 1: That was the only game he finished.
Speaker 7: Isn't that crazy? He played four games and.
Speaker 3: And I'm glad he brought it up because that was the point I was going to button up with Connie that they're down twenty three to nothing at the in that game at Lucas Soil Stadium, the place is a mausoleum, it's dead, and what happens he puts that team on his back and then puts up two touchdowns late with two point conversions to tie it. They've fallen overtime, but at that point it felt like anything was possible with that team playing in that division.
Speaker 1: So it's such a bummer, very impressive.
Speaker 7: I know he missed like the last two snaps of that game, but he looked right off the off the bat.
Speaker 4: I think one other thing, you have real quicks, like I think Shane Steichen is, Like I just had this feeling he's gonna be the real deal, and so like you can navigate through this season.
Speaker 1: But it's like the two of them together. I just I like it better than Richardson.
Speaker 6: With someone else because like what he did to with Jalen Hurts.
Speaker 7: It was unnecessary, but we could have forked them today in my mind that I didn't.
Speaker 1: Wow, it was unnecessary, but okay in that division with the we're not doing it to the other team in the division. I would not. If it makes feel better, Marks seem upset, I would not have carried that's spicy. Spicy, Well, that's what I mean.
Speaker 7: I didn't want to bother to waste everyone's time, But I I feel very confident they're not making Was that a.
Speaker 1: Shot of Colleen for nominating in the entire division?
Speaker 6: I stand by it. I'm still sticking with the.
Speaker 7: I mean, they're getting lots of bad news in other Colts news.
Speaker 3: Defensive tackle Grover Stewart, who started every game for them, he'll be out the next six weeks. He violated the league's p E D policy And this is crazy. Now, if you're out six games, that takes you all the way.
Speaker 1: To Week fourteen.
Speaker 7: In the case of the Cult, So I mean he's one of that's the top blow six or seven best players on that team.
Speaker 1: I would say the only thing to me.
Speaker 7: That makes them special, certainly defensively is their defensive tackle Combo him and Buckner and now you're without him.
Speaker 3: In other news, Commissioner Roger Goodell has agreed to a new contract with the league that takes it through March of twenty twenty seven. The NFL announced this on Wednesday. Goodell, he's sixty four years old.
Speaker 1: Now, wow, looks good for sixty four. Let's be real, hereat for sixty four. He's yoked.
Speaker 3: Has served as commissioner since two thousand and six, when he was elected to replace the retiring Paul tagliabus So let's do some Yeah, he'll be entering his seventh decade by the time this contract tolls. Wow, and that is a pretty wild run for anyone in the major sports if he indeed ends it after this upcoming contract.
Speaker 1: But you never know. He seems to enjoy the job.
Speaker 7: Well, we've heard with his last three contracts now that it was his last contract. So but it's hard to step down.
Speaker 1: And good money.
Speaker 7: I do hope he appreciates the letter of recommendation that I sent unbidden to the NFL League Office into the Ownership Committee, and I just hope he remembers that when our contracts are.
Speaker 1: Up, you're the ultimate company man.
Speaker 7: Then you sport me Wes and Roger Goodell, and I think that's that's really bonded us over the years.
Speaker 5: That's beautiful.
Speaker 1: And here's a little tidbit.
Speaker 3: He began his NFL ten in nineteen eighty two as a intern in the league office under Pete Rosell.
Speaker 6: Okay, that's wild, that's crazy.
Speaker 1: Wow, that predates the tiny box entirely.
Speaker 6: Right.
Speaker 1: That's your prom day, right, Mark, who's my pump day now that you took to the prom I twenty fourth, nineteen eighty early elementary school.
Speaker 4: But that's kind of like that picture where like a young Bill Clinton is shaking hands with JFK. You were you were interning for Roger Goodell and then become the commissioner. Yeah, okay, wow, interesting life journey.
Speaker 3: Finally in the news, this is really interesting flag football. Well, Greg, you we got an issue here because I had to do a double take. I'm reading this off the Athletic, which does great coverage of the National Football League. This article is written co byline one Tory Hart, great job, Tory solid name, and Greg rosen Stein.
Speaker 6: Wow.
Speaker 5: Two g's or one one G.
Speaker 1: Well two g's total. He is fifty G. That Greg was created by AI. It's what is this? Is this?
Speaker 6: You?
Speaker 1: Are you working a hustle here? I might a slight tweak to.
Speaker 7: Your Surnameump pump up that thirty nine on the state mandated math test with that quick fiting your sent where I support all the Greg Rosenstein's and Rosenthals out there. Let's go Juice Greggs.
Speaker 4: Yes.
Speaker 3: Flag football will be part of the twenty twenty eight Olympic Games in Los Angeles after there was approved Monday in a vote by the International Olympic Committee. It joins other new sports including oh Mark, there's some Connecticut level sports here, squash.
Speaker 1: Does that mean? You know? Is that connecting lacrosse?
Speaker 3: Or officially added baseball and softball and cricket where greenlit to return cricket.
Speaker 1: Handsome Henk will be happy about that. I have a thee.
Speaker 3: I want to share one thing about this. First of all, interesting, flag football is an Olympic sport, and you know what the Olympics guys, it's good. We got to mix things up a little bit. I don't know about society.
Speaker 4: Lost a little juice now that there's like four thousand online channels to watch five billion.
Speaker 1: Do we need another Nancy Carrigan Tanya Harding? That would be spicy?
Speaker 6: Why I love the olympicsimy, I'm so excited about Well, you are a retired but also you've come out of retirement.
Speaker 3: I believe a figure skater that's correct, repetitively in your youth.
Speaker 7: Yeah, I was.
Speaker 6: Thinking about doing some like type of like old woman competitions for skating.
Speaker 1: Yeah you should. Can you get up at like three in the morning to practice all those.
Speaker 5: Before and after school?
Speaker 6: I turned the lights on at the rink because like, if you get there first, then you could put you could be the person that turned on the music.
Speaker 5: So that was always my motivating.
Speaker 1: So if it was like the fresh ice sounds.
Speaker 9: If it was like an Aunt Doreen return to the place, is it I picture like Flappers era music that's part of your routine.
Speaker 5: Or we could do like a Billy Joel situation.
Speaker 3: I was coming back a little further than Joel, but you were saying like a little uptown girl something like that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, uptown woman, excuse me, I.
Speaker 6: Do like Flaffer though, maybe you know what, maybe.
Speaker 1: We'll we'll have a vote this is experience. Are we calling to honor aunt Doreen's returned to the to the ice.
Speaker 7: It's a big choice for who's gonna coach this team because I don't know. I don't think they can make this sort of sandwich prop or whatever. But I'm gonna I'm just gonna say it, like, if the United States does not win the first ever gold medal and flag football, I feel like the entire rest of the United States delegations shouldn't be allowed to play in the following.
Speaker 3: No, this is this is the point that I wanted to make Greg what you're saying, Let's not mess around. Remember when we you know, we were doing that thing where we were sending our college kids to play sports like basketball, and then we were losing, like we were losing. It was like, well no, no, no, and then the dream team came. Yeah, I want Justin Jefferson on this team. Okay, I want Patrick Mahomes on this team. I want Sauce Gardner on this team. I want Aiden Hutchinson on this team. I want to send a message to the world.
Speaker 1: I think you're going to be disappointed in that flag football is our domain.
Speaker 3: I'm not sending some you know, high school tournament champion to represent US, and then we lose, and the old US.
Speaker 1: He give me some.
Speaker 9: America music here, give me some of the patriotic and then old America heads back.
Speaker 1: Where are the Olympics? Where is this one in our own homeland?
Speaker 7: Across the street.
Speaker 1: This is amazing patriot there, it is a quick searcher, patriotic, pulls up some stuff.
Speaker 9: I'll tell you what, Oh America, I ain't walking back out of LA with our tail between our legs. We will be triumphant with some of the most gnarly blowouts competitive sports have ever seen. We will not we will not be denied in the flag football category of the Olympics.
Speaker 1: We're taking the goal.
Speaker 4: When do they take place, It's usually like in like mid to late August. That's the list you these players would be dissolved from the preseason.
Speaker 1: Well, we don't need the preseason anyway. I listen, I'm on board. I think adventing.
Speaker 4: It's gotten your I haven't heard you this zealous about the Olympics in my.
Speaker 5: Entire twenty twenty eight, like, who knows what's going to be happening.
Speaker 7: I think, yeah, let's see if we can get the flag is, you know, a completely different sport than football.
Speaker 1: You know, it is quite different.
Speaker 7: They definitely were not getting any NFL players in there, but UK's coming for us, and so we got to be careful.
Speaker 1: They do a lot of flag.
Speaker 7: Their lead high school we had mentioned last year, or like their NFL academy just took out pretty much one of the top NFL high schools in the.
Speaker 1: Point.
Speaker 7: We got to step up. We gotta stops giving me my music back.
Speaker 9: We are not sending some high school team to damn Sofi Stadium for the flag football Olympics. We're sending Cooper Cup. Yeah, who we are sending who we want to send Jalen.
Speaker 1: Hurts detonate the competition and then you could bring.
Speaker 9: You know, Slovenia could send over their combatants and we will disgrace them.
Speaker 1: Couple wait for you to be the coach, Well, that will be the coach.
Speaker 9: Kyle Shanahan will be the offensive coordinator. Belichick will be Special teams coach honorary honorary title assistant to the Special teams coach.
Speaker 1: Get his Don shul record during that event? Do you see it all? Greg? What I what I'm what I'm just saying like that, Come on now, Oh.
Speaker 7: They need to take it seriously and there's a chance because uh, these sports sometimes they almost give a little present for when you're the home. It might be a one time deal. I would I want flag football to be an Olympic sport forever, but it would be truly sad to lose the only flag football gold medal like they got like, we're.
Speaker 1: Not gonna that's not gonna happen France, really, America and we have met to this sport.
Speaker 9: Ye, rugby was the DNA and you can go where you gotta go for that?
Speaker 1: What the games?
Speaker 9: A grid ion with Vince Lombardy and all that that was here in America.
Speaker 6: Back to the middle of the Connor.
Speaker 7: Some bad news though, Breakdance, which is making its Olympic debut in Paris next year, not coming back.
Speaker 1: Breakdance.
Speaker 6: We haven't even seen it yet and it's already done.
Speaker 1: And that's the other thing. Why why does that being launched forty years too late? There's no guest exactly.
Speaker 3: Maybe that takes that long for to jestate the Olympic committee, but we can't we can't take the risk greg of it being a one and done situation for I.
Speaker 7: Think you know, Cup's gonna be thirty five by then, we're gonna have a whole We're gonna do some scouting. I want a lot of jitterbug types, like a Tank Dell. I feel like in flat flag football.
Speaker 5: Do we want back an Eggman on the call?
Speaker 4: Well, we're not going to let someone from another country call it it send to anyone.
Speaker 1: It is an NBC event, so it very well might be Tarrico and call it there. Did you see that on Monday Night football? Joe? Excuse me? Troy Egman?
Speaker 3: He met the online discourse head on and acknowledged that there's a meme going around that people think that he looks like jay.
Speaker 7: Z and jay Z looks like Troy Aikman. Well, that was Pablo Tory on his podcast. He asked him about it, and that became a big thing last week. It was a nice breaking night. I think he's following that up. Good job by Pablo. He asked a tough question.
Speaker 3: You know, well, jay Z was at the game on money Oh, and they cut to jay Z in the booth and was funny.
Speaker 1: Buck was I like Buck?
Speaker 3: Jay Z happened to be making himself like pouring himself a kognak or something, and and Buck was like, well, it looks like jay Z is pouring himself a refreshment.
Speaker 1: And then Aikman's like, I guess I'll just address this right now.
Speaker 9: You know, I see some people online saying there's a resemblance between.
Speaker 1: Me and jay Z. And then I was like, what is that? Because I miss that that tory and the meme thing. What do you got eric for a couple of years, Ah is.
Speaker 7: In the house tonight.
Speaker 1: Reaching for a refreshment. Yeah, there's a meme that's going around.
Speaker 7: People think that's my doppel ganger, you know, me and jay C How.
Speaker 1: About how about that? And you would think Aikman's a good old boy from Texas or Oklahoma or whatever, and jay Z is this iconic black rapper from Brooklyn. But they do I really do I look alike? All Right, that's what's happening in the news. All right, let's get to before we sign off the uh the primetime games. This is how we do it. Do it.
Speaker 5: We're going to Jags and Saints.
Speaker 3: You're gonna give the Montel Jordan pick up for me there. Oh that's okay though, Yep, we don't need to do it. I just thought you were about to, so I laid out for either.
Speaker 5: I didn't know what I was supposed to pick up.
Speaker 1: I was all right.
Speaker 3: Jacksonville Jaguars at New Orleans Saints Prime video is where you see this.
Speaker 1: Al Michael's Kirk Herb Street.
Speaker 3: Connie, you, of course are the anchor of all coverage on NFL Network for Thursday Night football. You are meticulous in your preparation and as you've been digging through the crates on these two teams.
Speaker 1: What what do he keep coming back to is what makes this game interesting?
Speaker 6: Well, obviously Trevor Lawrence, Like we don't know whether or not he's going to start.
Speaker 5: He's day to day at this point, and he.
Speaker 1: Although they're trending upward, they're saying it's looking good.
Speaker 6: Positive, surprising if he didn't exactly, But how healthy will he be is the question? So for me, I'm looking at Travis etn and thinking they will obviously try and hopefully use him and lean on him for whoever the quarterback is, hopefully it's Trevor Lawrence. But the problem is the Saints are really good against the run. They've limited opposing offenses to sixty nine rushing yards per game this year. They haven't allowed a rushing or a passing touchdown to a running back yet. To Mario Davis is so so good. And that's someone else to watch on the injury report. I don't know today Wednesday if he practiced, but he was listed as a non participant Monday and Tuesday. So just like a couple of things to watch there. But you know what's like funny here is that Doug Peterson has never lost a game on a Thursday.
Speaker 7: And I just kind of.
Speaker 4: Seven and oh, and there's no other coach that comes even close to that. He's the only coach in the NFL with five plus games on Thurston Football that is undefeated in the history of the league.
Speaker 7: Right, and this this is potentially a revenge game for him for the path not taken, as Saints fans will remember the Saints when they went through kind of a chamockery of a coaching search before settling on Dennis Allen. I don't know, I'm just making up words in interviewed Doug Peterson on a zoom. They didn't they didn't want him to, they didn't fly him out. They didn't feel like medium in person. This is not peak COVID or anything. There are plenty of coaching interviews in person going on there. They're like, we'll talk to the Super Bowl champion on a zoom and then we're gonna hire the coach who has a career record right now I believe of eighteen and forty six. And I was saying, can I.
Speaker 1: Say that's this actual little revenge?
Speaker 5: I like that.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I like that too, and I don't think it's it's not excusable. I will say there was this era society wise, right after COVID where a lot of different sectors were.
Speaker 1: Like, can we get away with stuff now and save some money?
Speaker 7: Like, remember, right, can we get away with not bringing the guy in? We're not going to hire anyway, so let's do it on zoom.
Speaker 3: But it's almost like my point, my sense decisions, And there was talk of and Connie like and you were a Capital B broadcaster was talking about let's stop sending announcing cruise two games on road trips so as put them in studios. It worked during COVID, and thankfully there was a lot of pushback in some of that stuff and all of it went away. Greg, you're raising.
Speaker 1: Your hand point of order, I always I strive to be accurate.
Speaker 7: Yes, Dennis Allen is eighteen and forty one as an NFL head coach, not forty six.
Speaker 1: So remarkable.
Speaker 5: Okay, just good correction.
Speaker 3: I will also note that the New Orleans Saints are just a half game out of first in the NFC South as we as we approach Thursday Night football, so it's.
Speaker 7: A good game.
Speaker 3: They are not a flashy team. They haven't been an exciting team, but they have been competitive. Their defense has been good and sometimes great this season, and the offense needs to pick it up, I think. But I don't like you mentioned Mark that you see the Saints is maybe the best team in the division.
Speaker 1: I don't necessarily disagree. Yeah, I think that it's wow.
Speaker 9: It doesn't mean I think I'm high on the Saints, but they kind of smell like a team that's either gonna win eight or nine games, and nine might do it.
Speaker 4: I guess, like all those teams are so incomplete to your wanting to fork the whole division and send them into hyper space. But I think when you think about Thursday Night Football, thee this things even to happen every week where it's like there's this sort of cell. If the home team is like vibing in like they they had led to victory, it's like there's this sort of coronation of like everything's great all over again, like we're celebrating them. It's this Island game before the real Sunday thing game. Since like I just was like thinking driving down here, like I have a feeling like the Saints defense is gonna have this night where they might make life really difficult if it is Trevor Lawrence. And if it's not, like just really difficult for the whole offense.
Speaker 1: CJ.
Speaker 4: Bethort is like he's not incompetent, but it's just like Trevor Lawrence is what makes them special in so many ways.
Speaker 1: I think Travis etn two. But this is a team really good against run.
Speaker 4: Like you said, the Saints have not they Like even in that game against Tampa Bay where Baker Mayfield made a bunch of plays, I still felt like the Saints secondary was pretty nasty, like just like that's sort of been their DNA for years. They haven't allowed a passer to cross two hundred and seventy five yards in thirty two straight games, and so I think, you know, if you look at like that Chiefs game, for instance, that the Jaguars are a lot of drop passes in the end zone. It's like they've had a couple of games where they've been imperfect and they've made mistakes, and it's like you either get Calvin Ridley or you don't. He's been lesser against like man coverage, and the Saints want to do that. I think like this is just gonna be a Saints defensive night, tight game where Jacksonville they're a little bit.
Speaker 1: Offter is it gonn off the ball? Well? I almost did, but it's here's the thing.
Speaker 4: The other I cannot trust Derek Carr, so I feel like they're gonna score it.
Speaker 1: Simla, Can I see this being like twenty one to eighteen or something.
Speaker 7: I am thinking or have thought about locking up the Jacks, But as we're taping, we do to know Trevor Lawrence. I hear everything you're saying. But they're one of the worst pass rushes in the league. There, their pass rush win rate, their pressure is all that. And Trevor Lawrence with time, to me, that's dangerous assuming he plays. And the key for the Jacks this year is you're right, their offense They're passing attack specifically is less than we expect it. It's a little less than last year. Actually, you know, they're not a top ten by any advanced metric passing attack.
Speaker 1: They've been pretty uneven.
Speaker 7: But their defense is been better than their offense, leading the league in forced turnovers and maybe that doesn't keep up. But I thought this was going to be one of the worst defense in the league, and I'm thinking, like, how is I so wrong about this Jaguars defense. Number one, Josh Allen's having a career year. This is the best year Josh Allen's ever played.
Speaker 1: Number two.
Speaker 7: They are a great run defense week after week, and Trayvon Walker is a disappointing player overall, but he's a great run defender. And they have all these big guys up front, and then they're getting some big production out of guys they gave a lot of money to last year and they were a little lesser last year. Foyer of Lucon was good last year. Now he's been fantastic. Linebacker Darius Williams was a big problem last year. He's played well at cornerback. They're probably without their best cornerback Campbell this week. Unfortunately, he got injured, but they're getting a lot of good play and so a good defense against this Saints offense. I like the Jags.
Speaker 6: I'll have Buster Brown in there for Tyson Campbell this week, so that's going.
Speaker 5: To be interesting.
Speaker 1: I always want to say to Von Campbell, I don't know, you know, and so that's why.
Speaker 6: Just but also just real quick with the Jags, their schedule has been wild because they did the back to back games in London, then they didn't have a buye so they played the Colts and now they're on a short week for Thursday night football.
Speaker 5: So I feel like they're also just like dying to get to.
Speaker 7: Thet They chose that they've gotten there more than any other franchise and they didn't want.
Speaker 1: To do it and it worked.
Speaker 4: They I think you can you can hassle the Saints offensive line, which has been bad and they've got a lot of injuries, and you have another person in there this week. It's like that's one place where the defense you just talked about.
Speaker 7: There's something about the Saints that doesn't show up in the numbers, and that's I think at their core. There's something's not right about this team. You see the way that last game ended with car throwing to nowhere from four straight plays, and the coaching and the players and it's like they benched Trevor Penning their first round pick and then and he found out through an article like on a pay website with sources.
Speaker 1: Like mc Orleans Football.
Speaker 7: It's like it's all a little behind a pay like well it is like one of those Yeah, I don't know that's how he found it.
Speaker 3: Even worse, come on, come on Sunday Night football. One of the best games of the year. Potentially, it has that potential. I don't want to put the jinks on it. You never know what these primetime matchups. But the Miami Dolphins are five and one, and Miami are looking to rewrite the record books in terms of their offensive output. And now they get the Philadelphia Eagles, and they get the Eagles in Philly in prime time. And Connie, it's not just the Eagles, you know, five and ones, defending conference champions. They're an angry Eagles team.
Speaker 1: Aren't they. They are furious about.
Speaker 3: What happened at the Meadowlands on Sunday afternoon. And that's almost if you want to take any positive out of that. This is the kind of mode. You want the Eagles in for this Titanic matchup.
Speaker 6: Yeah, because the rest of their schedule too, like they're about to go into a gauntlet.
Speaker 1: It's brutal. It's the hardest schedule in the NFL.
Speaker 6: I think the rest they have the Dolphins this week and then games coming up against the Cowboys, the Bills, the Chiefs, the Niners.
Speaker 5: I mean, if they're going to sit.
Speaker 7: Away and there the Cowboys, listen, the.
Speaker 6: Eagles cannot lose this week wearing Kelly Green. That is just like not gonna happen on Sunday Night football against the Dolphins. I don't like the vibes right now. But also last week they had so many guys that were injured, and yeah, when they lost Lane Johnson, like they weren't able to run the ball.
Speaker 5: They never really got into a rhythm at all.
Speaker 6: And that's the key here and it always is for Philadelphia, like run the ball more, but to keep to a and this offense off the field, you just have to play some type of ball control.
Speaker 1: I'm I here's the concert.
Speaker 4: Well, it sounds like Number one Baldy comes out of nowhere to say that he's been hanging out with Lane Johnson at his house or something he always does, and so he's gonna so Lane Johnson said, sounds like he's gonna play course to Baldy. But I like, so you're the Dolphins, Like, if you're a competent secondary, there's a high percentage chance you get frazzled against this this passing attack.
Speaker 1: And they've got Bradley Roby dealing with a shoulder injury. Could they just sign and like had to play starter snap.
Speaker 4: Right, Monte Maddox, Justin Evans on ir Reid Blankenship, Eli Rix banged up. So it's like like they literally, like Howie Roseman's like scouring the waiver wire just trying to find anyone to fill the scheme. And it's like that to me, is uh, I think I feel like Mike McDaniel could probably.
Speaker 5: Slay should Darius slag should be back.
Speaker 1: We had very promising words that he would come back. Yeah, and hopefully Jalen Carter.
Speaker 7: But when you looked at the Eagles coming into the season, you thought, where is the weakness on this entire roster.
Speaker 1: It's in the middle of the field.
Speaker 7: On defense, it's the linebackers in the safeties and then Blakenship has actually been kind of great. Uh So that's a big loss, and that's where the Dolphins win. So that is very concerning to me that on all those crossing routes and everything over the middle of the field and picking on linebackers, that that's where they win. And yet, you know, I still want to see what Miami looks like against Philadelphia because both these teams have had quite easy schedules overall, and the Dolphins, especially other than that Bills game, has had a pretty soft schedule overall. So here here's a tougher matchup. You know, when they played the Patriots, they were slowed down a little bit. Here's a tougher matchup, especially on the defensive line for this offensive line to try to pass protect that I know two, it gets rid of the ball quickly. But they've been great run blocking too. Like I'm so impressed by just the way they've coached up this group up front for Miami. This is another level though, because this Eagles defense has played pretty well against the run all year.
Speaker 1: Here's some news around the Eagles. A couple of items actually.
Speaker 3: First, Julio Jones, of the seven time Pro Bowler, he signed with the team on Tuesday. They're dealing with issues Quez Watkins on injured reserve Marcus Holloway, and Desmond Patman. Patton also worked out on Monday, and so he joins the Fray behind a Brown and Devanta Smith.
Speaker 7: That's fun.
Speaker 1: Who by the way, Devanta's yes, it is fun.
Speaker 3: Although you know, I hate I hate kind of Julio hanging on like this, but I also understand it's his right to Devanta Smith has been a little underwhelming this year, Hanni. He had a terrible job. Potentially they had a couple of spots where they could have really won that game. Smith might have a touchdown if he doesn't drop that ball all by himself over the middle in the second half.
Speaker 1: Against the Jets. He needs up his game and maybe they get something out of Julio.
Speaker 6: We'll see, yeah, I mean maybe in the red zone, because that's where they've really struggled. They have only scored touchdowns on forty five and a half percent of their trips to the red zone. So maybe, uh, Julio Jones has some type of like career renaissance. We didn't really see it with the Titans, we didn't really see it with the Bucks, but maybe this.
Speaker 4: Time around, do you think they missed like, because I mean Shane Stike and obviously now we're finding out like he's great, and you don't ever know what's happening with like when your offensive your head coach is off an offensive mind of guy, and you got the coordinator like Brian Johnson, he's known her forever, we've talked, was like, Oh, it's gonna be so smooth.
Speaker 1: But it's like, I feel like the play calling in certain situations.
Speaker 4: I kind of liked how they got out of a gym with the run game early in the year, but it was because the past game was a little hinky, and it's like I feel like they're missing a little sauce from a year ago, a little juice.
Speaker 1: It was, They're not as explosive. It just frustrated them at that game.
Speaker 3: Is I kind of stand by what I said that I didn't think the Hurts was terrible for most of that game, but obviously the third down throw was miserable, and then on fourth then I got to put a little bit on the play calling the final possession. I mean, you have Jalen Hurts, who's like this incredible athletic talent and they're just you know, they could have gashed the Jets potentially on a scramble at some point, and then they throw a basically up for grabs ball on fourth down. It was just a very weird, and I guess it was a bit emblematic of any frustrations around Philly in general how they handled the end of that game well.
Speaker 4: On fun note from our NFL research package, yes, which no longer is produced on paper, but sent as a PDF.
Speaker 1: So that's how I find it. Yeah, you used to, I miss I missed it on page I would.
Speaker 6: Like a Google doc, a living one. I've talked to the research department about because when.
Speaker 7: You tried to copy and paste, take it off. But anyway anyway you could print it, you could print it.
Speaker 1: It could not matter less. I don't everything this was.
Speaker 4: I'm we all saw the movie, but this was the Super Bowl matchup in a spinter a pet detective.
Speaker 1: That's as pretty good that is, that is good, kidnapped ahead of the game, lone starring role.
Speaker 7: I do wonder that film weird did not age well, I'll just say that I don't even remember the con Yes, it did not. I have not really bought into this Vic fangioe uh Miami defense. It's been quite disappointing on balance, but their schedule hasn't really shown many chances for us to see what they can be. But I do think you can run on them. I mean, you watched that Panthers game early last season and Chewba Harbard, I mean last week, rather Chuba Harbor is kind of gashing them on the ground, and that's the recipe against Fangio defense is. And it's interesting to think that Fangio was in the building there prepping for the Super Bowl working for the Eagles last year, and now here he is in Miami. He could have potentially been the defensive coordinator for this Eagles team. It didn't end up working that way, and their pass rush hasn't been great, so I do wonder if they cut the Eagles kind of return to that early season pounding that they've been doing, and they've had more of these condensed formations and they haven't been as explosive. They're like leading the league I think in plays per drive, but it's not as many yards and certainly not as many points, So they're like kind of a plotting team. But I think going heavy is what you want to do against this Dolphins, and I do believe in this Eagles team coming off at a loss, even going against the best offense we've seen it in a long time.
Speaker 1: I'm the Eagle h that's for you, Greg.
Speaker 4: You know what I think, Greg, I think you have an interesting pointer because, like the first of all, I looked up like the Dolphins their fourth per PFF against the run, which threw me because of a Chewba Hubard and what happened early in that game. But here's the if you look at their schedule, they have five wins. They're awesome on offense, There's no question about it. It's not a fraud on any level. But they wiped out the Patriots, the Broncos, the Giants, and the Panthers. We just forked three of those teams and talked about a fourth there, I mean, or all of them.
Speaker 1: We just forked all of those teams. They're four worst teams in the league.
Speaker 7: Well, it's a it's a show me something for both teams, I think, because the Eagle schedule has also been soft, and I don't feel great about this. Just one of those weeks where to me, there's not an obvious one, so just going with a guy.
Speaker 1: I mean, I like it. I still want to know about Trevor Lawrence. It was going to be one of these two games. I kind of want to go into a lockoff on this.
Speaker 6: But the stakes are the stakes, oh oh high.
Speaker 1: And you know it's tough.
Speaker 3: Sunday Night football is a tough watch for us the way the setup is before we.
Speaker 1: Move on, Colleen, Yeah, that had no impact on the result for me. It does? You know you want to be plugged in.
Speaker 3: I get that Michael Parsons has a podcast. Okay, it is called The Edge with Michael Parsons.
Speaker 1: What's he saying? I want you to answer to Parsons on behalf of your favorite team. Go ahead.
Speaker 12: I just don't condone the bashing of Dak Prescott and the Dash Cowboys and have the same.
Speaker 1: Energy for the Eagles.
Speaker 12: So we want the same energy for everybody because there's a whole bunch of bashing when it's Dak Prescott.
Speaker 1: We're not the same when it's the Eagles.
Speaker 5: Well that's what happens when you're America's team.
Speaker 6: So you have to deal with all of the heat that you get in the spotlight, and that is the contract that you signed with Dallas and Jerry Jones, Micah right, and yeah, like one.
Speaker 4: Team reaches the Super Bowl, well, hello Dallas times in a decade, and one doesn't night Nancy.
Speaker 3: I just I just got like a snapshot into a John Gonzalez and Colleen fight and it's it does not seem like a fun time for Johnny.
Speaker 1: Everyone's got everyone's got a podcast.
Speaker 6: I just flashed to my mom the.
Speaker 9: Edge of Micah Parsons on Bleacher Report. There's the credit there.
Speaker 3: All right, let's move to my You just put that guy underground. When that gets back, Look, you're like hyperventilating, so mad.
Speaker 1: I mean, he didn't he didn't come too hot even I was expecting.
Speaker 3: Actually, I know what he's saying. It's like, you know, that was a I guess a bad loss. And and the Cowboys spanked that same jet. Seem that just beat the Eagles. Why aren't people saying the Skies falling the same way they do with the Cowboy?
Speaker 1: Why do you keep raising your answer? Today?
Speaker 7: Uncomfortable when I answer your question, but you could just answer you like, okay ahead, I like u. Because Jalen Hurts had one of the greatest performances in Super Bowl history. That's why. Because the Eagles have shown that they can deliver in big spots. That's why. I mean, it's a it's such an obvious answer.
Speaker 6: Well, now Greg's getting all fired up.
Speaker 1: You know what, Like Michael Carsons know the history of their own team. Why are you?
Speaker 4: Why are you of all people asking this question? We all know the answer, we don't. It's not even an interesting conversation.
Speaker 6: Thank you, Mark, I'm pro Zak.
Speaker 7: I always kind of have Dak Prescott's back. I'm with him on that front. But like that's the answer.
Speaker 1: Why Mike, I'm with you. I understand what you're saying. How about that? How about we even that out a little?
Speaker 7: Fine?
Speaker 6: Fine, Fine, you're America's team.
Speaker 7: Yeah, fine, Dan Anglin for a home and home with getting after it the Michael Parsons.
Speaker 1: All right, finally, let's try to be a little quicker here.
Speaker 3: Monday night football, the San Francisco forty nine ers traveling to Minneapolis to face the Vikings.
Speaker 1: The Vikings.
Speaker 3: Of course, we'll be without Justin Jefferson, who's continuing to covalesce after suffering that hamstring injury. Yeah, that's not what people are going to be talking about, because we knew that. The question is who will be playing for the San Francisco forty nine?
Speaker 5: Breaking news?
Speaker 1: Okay, I hit it? Perhaps breaking or development? We try to trade, all right, hit it and wait wait for the We.
Speaker 7: Gotta wait supps because you're breaking into you just blewe Robert's mind. Yeah, you try to let Eric know ahead of time. But it's okay, it's okay, we can't.
Speaker 1: That's what's happening. No, we're waiting for that. He's going to get there. I think he is. He seems to be really frazzled by this one.
Speaker 5: Can I get a Tom Brokaw there?
Speaker 1: Will it is different? What do we want here? Developing or breaking?
Speaker 2: Well?
Speaker 1: Yeah, if it's from you, get Brokaw? Okay on ham bro Ha. There's a report from.
Speaker 5: Adam Schefter a trade is going down.
Speaker 6: The Jets informed former Chiefs wide receiver Nicole Hartman that he's being sent back to Kansas City and another late round draft pick swap.
Speaker 1: Wait a second. I threw that out as a joke last week, that he'd be going back to Kansas City.
Speaker 7: It's happening. Wow, he was a healthy scratch one week right, Hey, there we go.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that was breaking news. But the fortunes of nastically altered by this.
Speaker 3: I think the chiefs it's a it is a bit of a obviously an admission that things aren't going so well with their wide receiver core. They want to get some something else in there to mix up. It wasn't working out with the Jets. You never know with Hartman how his relationship and that that would have worked out if Rogers was involved. But once he was out and they just had to redo the offense, Hackat has lost any spot for Hardman.
Speaker 7: So if anything, I'm I'm a and I was a Chief fan, I'd be a little disappointed because I was thinking they were a prime candidate to add a little higher octane wide receiver. Maybe will you just Cherry Judy, You just would think this might box him out, But you're right, maybe they're not. They know who McCall.
Speaker 1: Harry Judy stuff anymore. Well just he's.
Speaker 4: It's not an exhaustion with you, Margaret, No, the whole thing is exhausting. But like you need his fourteen yards off three catches.
Speaker 5: It was so perfect.
Speaker 6: Mccol harbon going to the Jets because his nickname is Jet. He has a big chain that says jet on it. You know what, it's all blown up.
Speaker 1: We did that Hard Knocks podcast. I never liked his vibe.
Speaker 3: It wasn't a great the rag and the aviators in the very stern face and Gibson.
Speaker 6: Maybe a little mean to Zach Wilson at times.
Speaker 1: That's what. Don't be mean to Zach.
Speaker 7: All right, So that fifty nine passes for six hundred ninety three yards in twenty twenty one, as he will probably win the.
Speaker 1: AFC Championship games, well because he's on that team. Yeah he will. Yeah, there's a chance that he will.
Speaker 3: All right, Niners at Vikings anyway, getting back to thank you for that Collein, yep, getting back to the point. Who will be playing for the Niners. So Christian McCaffrey reports out there that he dodged a serious injury. He had the oblique and rib issue in the loss to the Browns. So there's a chance that he will play. Same thing as being said about Deebo Samuel who suffered a shoulder injury.
Speaker 1: They believe he.
Speaker 3: May be in the mix. And also it was Williams, Brent Williams. Also the injury he sustained not believed to be serious, and he could be in the mix for Mondays A lot up in the air there, and quite frankly, I think that matters a lot because they're not the same team. You take those three key pieces out of it, and Pardy coming off a humbling loss to the Browns.
Speaker 4: And not the same team as Minnesota that without Justin Jefferson, I don't know that they beat the Bears, but concerning probably like the worst win they've had or one of the worst showings frankly with this coaching staff, and like they just look to me like a team that's like, we don't have our best player and we have done nothing to prepare for that in a way that would surprise who were playing.
Speaker 1: They won. Yeah, I like that they did win, and I'm not taking that portion of it away.
Speaker 4: There's no argument for that. But like you played a defense that talk about lost at seed. The Bears have been inviting everyone to get well against them, and like Kirk Cousins wasn't terrible and anything didn't they do seem the one thing they do consistently every week is either turn the ball over or come very close to turning the ball over and get lucky if they don't. And I think you almost need to score on say like eighty percent of your drives for a chance to beat the Niners.
Speaker 7: Right, it's hard to imatin them protecting well. I'll be interested when the forty nine ers have the ball. It just sounds like Deebo's probably playing in this game. McCaffrey is the one that's in Trent. Williams is probably playing in this game in Trent, and McCaffrey's won. We might not know until Monday night. For all you fantasy owners, he probably like got Jordan Mason on your bench or something like that in.
Speaker 1: Case something happens.
Speaker 7: I want to see though, you know, coming off Purdy's worst game as a pro, you could throw the playoff win over the Cowboys in there was similar. I didn't think he was as disastrous, you know, watching the game as I expected a tough weather situation. Really played a fine first half of totally normal rock purty half and then a couple poor plays in the second half. But they're a team Minnesota let likes to play a lot of man coverage. I know they don't have the cornerbacks that the Browns have, but they loved to blitz about fifty to seventy percent of the time, so be prepared for that and if you can heat up purty. They showed last week the Browns that quick pressure got him to be a little scrambled. But when I went back to watch that, I was like, that wasn't even that bad of a bad game as bad games go. And I don't think they'll have those sort of problems because the Vikings don't have the cornerbacks that the Browns have.
Speaker 5: Yeah, that's fair.
Speaker 6: I mean for me, I'm looking at the fact that the Vikings struggled against one of the worst defenses in the entire league and they almost lost that game. They were gifted those turnovers from Tyson Bagen and like they just without Justin Jefferson and no run game, like they missed Dalvin Cook, they missed any semblance of a running back there because Alexander Madison's just like not it No Adam Thielen of course this year too. It just seems like when you take Jefferson out of it, then then what's the identity?
Speaker 1: What do they have?
Speaker 6: And if you almost lose to a bad Bears team like you're gonna I don't like it for them against the Niners.
Speaker 7: Yeah, forty nine Ers are favored by seven in this game. I think the rain Maker needs to take a week off, just enjoy the victory last year. But man seven take I know it's in Minnesota, but I like that for the forty nine ers coming off a loss.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I kind of like the the.
Speaker 3: Vik is hanging around in primetime at home here right. I don't think they I don't pick them to win the game, but with the Niners not one hundred percent. And even if McCaffrey does play, you would imagine maybe they would have him.
Speaker 7: Featured a little less, which takes away from them. I yeah, we'll see. Also, like he has so many touches this year. I know Travis CTN of all people, is leading the NFL in touches. Got of shocking, But McCaffrey is in those games like late in the fourth quarter when they have a three score. Let's think about January a little bit and think about this Vikings EMN. Think about our great running attack which can do fine with Jordan Mason and Elijah Mitchell.
Speaker 1: Maybe give give your boy CMC a week off. Okay, there you go.
Speaker 3: We will have the rest of the Week seven preview on our Thursday podcast with our draft.
Speaker 1: Colleen, how are you by what a time you're asking? Yeah? We got red October with the Phills. Yeah. You just did a week a Good Morning Football New York.
Speaker 5: Yeah that was fun.
Speaker 3: You were in England immediately prior to us. Anything any takeaways from that.
Speaker 5: I would like to move there. And I had the best weather ever heard. The game was so nice.
Speaker 6: I was getting sunburned at one point, like it was beautiful. But I'm really nervous about this week because during pregame for Thursday Night Football, the Phillies.
Speaker 5: Will be playing Game three.
Speaker 1: That's a tough one.
Speaker 5: So I don't know how I'm going to handle it.
Speaker 1: You do, do you do the iPad under the glass?
Speaker 4: I think I have to, Yeah, because I can't be darkers will come becoming left.
Speaker 7: You could just game cast it, you know, you could just sort of track it play by that if you wanted to be more, I've done it.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 7: Plus, you know you're throwing in Steve Smith his first appearance since Judy Gay. No he's not.
Speaker 1: That's a powder cag It's.
Speaker 5: Just Cam Wolfe.
Speaker 1: Good program this week, Steve.
Speaker 5: I don't know they have a bye week of.
Speaker 1: They're watching the Phillies. Game, probably together at a tavern.
Speaker 5: Well I cam Wolf is also a fan.
Speaker 1: Two people on the show.
Speaker 7: We get the we have a meeting internally here. We should probably get Steve on the show this week after he made news last week.
Speaker 5: Yeah, that'd be good.
Speaker 1: I don't think so. All right, let's call that to order. Well, he is in London, so that might be a fact. Bill maybe bring him back.
Speaker 3: Yeah, we had a great time. We saw Steve on the field. He was obviously very friendly, very nice guy to us.
Speaker 5: So yeah, he's a very nice guy.
Speaker 1: We're not on the Judy hit list and that's good. You don't want to.
Speaker 5: You never want to be on the wrong side.
Speaker 3: No, all right, good stuff, connye great to have us all back together and we have a special one.
Speaker 1: I'll just leave it right there. Next week with Colleen a fan favorite episode coming up. So thank you to everybody and Eric. Great to see you again too, Bud. Mister guys, yeah we missed you. It is a little easier doing this face to face. What this is beautiful? All right, till next time. The call
Speaker 7: S